PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2013, 09:16 AM
The plain facts are however, that they don't want to sell, the clause doesn't force them to and he's under contract so the ball is in their court. They've said they don't really want to sell and that only a much bigger offer would even make them reconsider.

In addition although he said he wanted to leave he said he wanted to move abroad as well.

So what if they don't want to sell?

That has nothing to do with the offer made at the time. I admit that I haven't been paying close attention to the detail of what everyone says or is reported to have said, yet all I hear in the general course of my mundane life is Liverpool prattling on about it, either from Henry or Rodgers.

They are going to lose the player and they are butt hurt about it but seem to have no issues when it comes to unsettling others. I hope when they do lose their player, it is not to us, because as I've mentioned many times before - that type of money could be put to better use repairing the squad from years of damage.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 09:17 AM
It's not even a decent core of players. Wright was right, most positions need replacing with proper players if the team is to challenge for anything. Could ave knocked off two or three positions this window but so far fuck all. All feel good is dead already. Fucking cunts in charge.

Marc Overmars
05-08-2013, 09:18 AM
United have rejected a 2nd bid from Chelsea for Wazza. 30m this time.

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2013, 09:22 AM
I love licking the transfer window.

I always thought you were special.

LDG
05-08-2013, 09:23 AM
It's not even a decent core of players. Wright was right, most positions need replacing with proper players if the team is to challenge for anything. Could ave knocked off two or three positions this window but so far fuck all. All feel good is dead already. Fucking cunts in charge.

People need to get a grip a little bit. There are some turd burglars in our squad, no doubt, but everyone seems to be getting so blinded as to what is good, and what is not.

The core group of players is pretty reasonable.

Kos, Mertesecker, Sagna and Gibbs are a decent back four in anyones books.

Cazorla, Arteta, Wilshere are three very decent players in midfield.

Podolski and Giroud are not superstars, but are certainly decent squad players.

What I'm saying, is that if you add to that with some proper quality (3 players at the very least), then you start looking like a very good team.

Fucksake, did you see the state of half of Utd's team last year?

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 09:27 AM
United have rejected a 2nd bid from Chelsea for Wazza. 30m this time.

All the traditional big four locked in transfer sagas. :bow:

Özim
05-08-2013, 09:32 AM
So what if they don't want to sell?

That has nothing to do with the offer made at the time. I admit that I haven't been paying close attention to the detail of what everyone says or is reported to have said, yet all I hear in the general course of my mundane life is Liverpool prattling on about it, either from Henry or Rodgers.

They are going to lose the player and they are butt hurt about it but seem to have no issues when it comes to unsettling others. I hope when they do lose their player, it is not to us, because as I've mentioned many times before - that type of money could be put to better use repairing the squad from years of damage.

Because they don't want to sell the price is bound to be higher.

The offer made is too low for their valuation (and that's what matters here, what they will accept to sell him), there's a lot of talk about him but that's because it's a potential big move...paper's need stuff to talk about and this is flavour of the day at the moment.

True but then name me one club that doesn't unsettle players, we've done it too at a lower level. IMO he won't be coming, there's too many reason why this deal won't happen, I just wish we'd stop wasting our time on and got on with signing other more realistic targets, the longer this goes on the more likely we are to end up with substandard panic buys.

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Because they don't want to sell the price is bound to be higher.

The offer made is too low for their valuation (and that's what matters here, what they will accept to sell him), there's a lot of talk about him but that's because it's a potential big move...paper's need stuff to talk about and this is flavour of the day at the moment.

True but then name me one club that doesn't unsettle players, we've done it too at a lower level. IMO he won't be coming, there's too many reason why this deal won't happen, I just wish we'd stop wasting our time on and got on with signing other more realistic targets, the longer this goes on the more likely we are to end up with substandard panic buys.

I agree, but you're making a completely different point.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
What I'm saying, is that if you add to that with some proper quality (3 players at the very least), then you start looking like a very good team.

Well yes, 3 world class players would make a difference. But it's unlikely that we'll sign 1 world class player let alone 3.

People still think this? List their squad and you'd be surprised at how good it was last year. DeGay, Rio, Vidic, Jones, Evra, Brazil Boy - Name a better back 5 in the league? Rooney, RVP - No point even debating those two, best strike force in the league. Kagawa, Carrick Nani, Valencia, Young, Grandpa Giggs and Scholes - ok so their midfield isn't amazing but still very good. Add Fabregas and it's game over before the season starts.

Özim
05-08-2013, 09:40 AM
People need to get a grip a little bit. There are some turd burglars in our squad, no doubt, but everyone seems to be getting so blinded as to what is good, and what is not.

I stopped reading at Gibbs tbh.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 09:40 AM
And Mertesacker is god damn awful against pace or power. He has the turning speed of a cruise ship. He looks half decent alongside Kos because he has the speed to mop up after him.

Mertesacker wouldn't get anywhere near City, Chavs or Manures first teams.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 09:45 AM

Merts is a turd by any measure. But he has the others watching his back and because we did better than usual at the end of the season we've rolled him into the myth. Is good to see Sagna back in form, Gibbs will be injured most of the season and if Kos gets injured it's back to square 1. You missed Ches who we can squeak by with, shame we don't have a top keeper though. Jenks is willing but a back up at best, Monreal, average, might be okay in his second year. CB and LB deffo needed, plus a keeper in ideal world.

Caz, Arteta, Wilshere - yes, decent players but look at the cunts they have to work with in front of them. Happily Gervinho is out of here but the sad thing is he's better than Walcott who we are still stuck with. I know people are split on Walnut and see twelve goals against Reading reserves as the ultimate mark of quality but if we had a couple of decent players wide who could link with the three you mentioned then we are in business. Instead we have assholes who break up the play as soon as the ball comes near them. Maybe Ox can fill the role but he's badly out of form at the moment. A couple of decent players needed here and a strong central player.

Up top, obviously get rid of all of them and start again. Giroud's a decent enough sub in the Bendtner class but without the attitude so okay, keep him for when the injury crisis hits.

Basically it's 8 years of selling and underinvestment. A player a year isn't unfair given the cash these bastard owners have raked in. What we have can't possibly challenge and if Wenger really can't see that then he should piss off. It's not even that, I want to see some decent football this year, stuff that's worth watching. Can't be done with players who don't know the basics. Proper players required or at least a coach that can drill them in the basics. True, Utd aren't great on paper but they have the discipline and the one genuine world class player. They don't play the stupid shit we play, they don't make the elementary mistakes. This shit with us has been going on for years, it's unbelievable. And it was all on display again yesterday, as was the predictability of the loss as soon as a couple of decent players took to the pitch.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-08-2013, 09:46 AM
I always thought you were special.

If you smear Nutella on the window, it's much easier.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 09:46 AM
And Mertesacker is god damn awful against pace or power. He has the turning speed of a cruise ship. He looks half decent alongside Kos because he has the speed to mop up after him.

This is so obvious it's painful.

Özim
05-08-2013, 09:47 AM

Everytime I see Metersacker turning I pickup my Sky remote and press the fast forward button to try and speed him up to normal speed. Usually takes the x16 option to achieve that.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Everytime I see Metersacker turning I pickup my Sky remote and press the fast forward button to try and speed him up to normal speed. Usually takes the x16 option to achieve that.

Agreed, I can defo detect movement at x16

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 09:52 AM

I hate comparisons of these types but I don't think he's discernibly worse than Cahill or Ivanovic. Vidic or Rio are often one of the walking wounded so usually they're relying on Smalling/Evans/Jones.

Yeah he's slow but we've had crap defenders that are fast.

Lord Nelson
05-08-2013, 09:54 AM
I stopped reading at Gibbs tbh.

:gp::console:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
To be fair on Mertesacker he is better than any of our other defenders at set pieces, you look at the games against stoke last year....the ball into the box causing chaos scenario didn't come to pass because he was there to clear the danger. He's got f**k all pace, but he's quite a useful player to have in certain situations.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Arteta is a mid table ability player who is being played out of position, Wilshere is just awful since he's come back because he's tried to adapt his game to run past players instead of spraying his beautiful passing around.....Cazorla is quality but played out of position.

Power n Glory
05-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I hate comparisons of these types but I don't think he's discernibly worse than Cahill or Ivanovic. Vidic or Rio are often one of the walking wounded so usually they're relying on Smalling/Evans/Jones.

Yeah he's slow but we've had crap defenders that are fast.

I was just about to say the same thing. Quick is not always better. As seen with Verm and Toure, they dive in too quickly for tackles and can be too aggressive to win the ball back. They’re recover pace compensates reckless positioning and decision making. Merts isn’t a bad defender. What he lacks in pace, he makes up for with positional play and decision making. We need him in our back line. He’s slow but he helps organise the rest.

Cripps_orig
05-08-2013, 10:06 AM
You know we've hit rock bottom when our best defender is criticised, the one player in our defence who was pretty good last season throughout and not just 10 games

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 10:20 AM
I was just about to say the same thing. Quick is not always better. As seen with Verm and Toure, they dive in too quickly for tackles and can be too aggressive to win the ball back. They’re recover pace compensates reckless positioning and decision making. Merts isn’t a bad defender. What he lacks in pace, he makes up for with positional play and decision making. We need him in our back line. He’s slow but he helps organise the rest.

Why not buy a defender that is organised and can also move? What are we after here? Results or the 4th place everyone says they loathe? Half a defender is no defender at all.

Power n Glory
05-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Why not buy a defender that is organised and can also move? What are we after here? Results or the 4th place everyone says they loathe? Half a defender is no defender at all.

:lol: What's wrong with you, man! You know why!

But really, it's hard to find a complete defender and working in our backline isn't exactly a walk in the park. You get exposed too often.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 11:24 AM
:lol: What's wrong with you, man! You know why!

But really, it's hard to find a complete defender and working in our backline isn't exactly a walk in the park. You get exposed too often.

Well okay, buy is a little strong.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Liverpool had to issue a grovelling apology last year to Fulham for tapping up.
Brendan Rodgers said he wouldn't sign a Swansea player for 12 months as a sign of respect
Rdgers then tried to pay under the release clause and fuck his old club out of money
They keep talking about Suarez. Wenger has mentioned him once.
They did being Liverpool.

Now which club is classless?

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Liverpool had to issue a grovelling apology last year to Fulham for tapping up.
Brendan Rodgers said he wouldn't sign a Swansea player for 12 months as a sign of respect
Rdgers then tried to pay under the release clause and fuck his old club out of money
They keep talking about Suarez. Wenger has mentioned him once.
They did being Liverpool.

Now which club is classless?

It does seem a bit odd that Liverpool keep talking about the Suarez transfer. Just ban all questions about Suarez if its that annoying. We made a bid, they don't want to sell. Well that's hardly earth shattering is it? Our club's job is to buy him for as little as possible.

AKBapologist
05-08-2013, 12:21 PM
http://www.arsenalstation.com/2013/08/05/senior-sources-at-arsenal-say-the-club-wont-go-to-50m-for-suarez/?
Kiss byebye to suarez tbh.

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2013, 12:23 PM
It does seem a bit odd that Liverpool keep talking about the Suarez transfer. Just ban all questions about Suarez if its that annoying. We made a bid, they don't want to sell. Well that's hardly earth shattering is it? Our club's job is to buy as little as possible.

Fixed your post. :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 12:25 PM
That doesn't rule out £49 million 999,99 and 99 pence. In truth, I don't think it's going to come to that anyway, whoever ends up buying Suarez - as it goes on, he'll probably agitate more and more to move.

I'd rather we didn't take that stance and just offered £50 million really.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-08-2013, 12:29 PM
It's football.

There is nothing classy in football and there never has been.

Now just give us the money so we can spend it all on Connor Wickham and be done with it.

Cripps_orig
05-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Connor Wickham :lol:

Rated very highly at Ipswich.

Hasn't been seen since

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 12:31 PM
I'd rather we didn't take that stance and just offered £50 million really.

But would £50m mean Liverpool would sell to us? I don't think it would. I don't think bidding £40m or £50m makes any difference. Either way it will go down to the last day and Suarez will only be sold if he goes on strike, which I think he probably will for any top foreign club but not for us.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 12:34 PM
It's football.

There is nothing classy in football and there never has been.

Now just give us the money so we can spend it all on Connor Wickham and be done with it.

Bendtner is available

##

Marc Overmars
05-08-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm sure there's more to it but I don't understand why we haven't offered 50m already. I don't really see the point in trying to squeeze money off the price when the figures are neither here nor there for us this summer. We have the money so just call their bluff and see what happens.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-08-2013, 12:38 PM
But would £50m mean Liverpool would sell to us? I don't think it would. I don't think bidding £40m or £50m makes any difference. Either way it will go down to the last day and Suarez will only be sold if he goes on strike, which I think he probably will for any top foreign club but not for us.

Only one way to find out....

----

And Soldado is now officially a Spurs player :rose:

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm sure there's more to it but I don't understand why we haven't offered 50m already. I don't really see the point in trying to squeeze money off the price when the figures are neither here nor there for us this summer. We have the money so just call their bluff and see what happens.

Call their bluff how? Selling Suarez to us means Liverpool have zero chance of top four, we're the only club how can drop out of the top 4 so if you sell us your best player it's game over.

Rodgers is now talking about Bale size offers.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Only one way to find out....

I don't think there's any rush for us tbh. If we don't sign Suarez then we won't be signing a striker, I think it's pretty clear that its Suarez or nothing for us. He's banned for 6 games so even more reason not to rush. Therefore we can just let Suarez do what he does best and try and force a move. This will go down to deadline day unless a foreign club comes in for him.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't think there's any rush for us tbh. If we don't sign Suarez then we won't be signing a striker, I think it's pretty clear that its Suarez or nothing for us. He's banned for 6 games so even more reason not to rush. Therefore we can just let Suarez do what he does best and try and force a move. This will go down to deadline day unless a foreign club comes in for him.

It suits everyone to get it done quickly though. Despite his ban, signing him sooner rather than later will help silence the obvious disquiet, not completely but significantly, and it stops things getting messy and potentially drawn out over months, which is something no one wants. You could take the risk and hope he forces a move close to deadline day, but I doubt it's Suarez or bust for you; Wenger will have some random names lined up. Whether they'd be any good is a different matter, but I highly doubt he'll just sign no one.

As for the whole Bale comparison, as far as I know Rodgers hasn't said he wants £100m for Suarez, just that Bale isn't worth double what Suarez is. It's as much bemoaning the ridiculous fee for Bale, as it is saying he values him more than what you've offered, but not an outright "I want £x".

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 12:52 PM

Of course not but then if it is rejected it just means we still haven't spent anything, which is where we are anyway! The latter part I don't think is true, providing we do make the Champions League, which by all accounts, he desperate to play in.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 12:54 PM
It suits everyone to get it done quickly though. Despite his ban, signing him sooner rather than later will help silence the obvious disquiet, not completely but significantly, and it stops things getting messy and potentially drawn out over months, which is something no one wants. You could take the risk and hope he forces a move close to deadline day, but I doubt it's Suarez or bust for you; Wenger will have some random names lined up. Whether they'd be any good is a different matter, but I highly doubt he'll just sign no one.

I really don't think it affects us at all if the Suarez transfer gets messy and drawn out. It affects you greatly but not us. I am 100% certain we won't sign another striker if we don't get Suarez. We'll instead (hopefully) improve our midfield significantly.

Liverpool need a quick deal because if Suarez is just going to sulk the whole season or worse then you're fucked. I think we all know this hence why Rodgers is getting tetchy and Liverpool are trying to get the price up.

Marc Overmars
05-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Liverpool will surely want to replace him or at least use the transfer fee to bulk up the squad. I don't think this being strung out is good for any party really.

JonasTC
doesnt really matter if the suarez deal is going to be drawn out, he's not gonna be able to play in the premier league until october anyway.

Grebbo
Does Suarez speak any English? Makes me laugh when I hear Stevie Starfish etc are trying to convince him to stay - I bet he doesn't understand a word of what they're saying.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 01:09 PM
doesnt really matter if the suarez deal is going to be drawn out, he's not gonna be able to play in the premier league until october anyway.

He could play in our CL play off games though, first league game for us would be Swansea away, late September.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-08-2013, 01:40 PM
apparently we've quietly taken sebastian cardona on a trial from atletico national. a 20 year old columbian DM who can also slot into CB, 5 ft 9, supposed to be one of the 'most highly rated prospects in columbia'. won the columbian league in 2011, won 2 trophies last year. youngest ever columbian to win the league (he was 18 at the time)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQ6GKJSCUAAHnhR.jpg:large

so it'll be probably be ginter, cardona and sanogo this summer.

summer of change :bow:

PGFC
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
TV5 looks like he's been banging away the columbian :sulk:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-08-2013, 02:17 PM
bit harsh on your mum tbh

PGFC
05-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Nah, she'd be quite charmed, though she only deals in puff.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
it's ok...don't worry....if he's any good we won't sign hiim up.....like Yaya Toure

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 04:14 PM
it's ok...don't worry....if he's any good we won't sign hiim up.....like Yaya Toure

If he's very good we'll almost sign him.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Tick tock, another day passing and not a twitch from Wenger and the Rape Squad.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Rape Squad?

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Rape Squad?

My new name for the shareholders.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Hmmm. Outgrown cunts now it is unbanned? Shocking.

Also, Durham and the Daily Arsenal is on soon. :rose:

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 04:32 PM

Give me an inch.

Özil's Panoramic View
05-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Much preferred cunt when it was ****, tbh.

Sounded and looked much more expressive in the banned format.

Edinburgh Gooner
05-08-2013, 04:50 PM

Fucking hate that cunt Durham!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-08-2013, 04:54 PM
his hatred of us is quite obsessional.....he does seem to be quite unwell

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Much preferred cunt when it was ****, tbh.

Sounded and looked much more expressive in the banned format.

I'll get drunk and ban it again.

In my defence, I was looking for some other functionality on the Control Panel.

Sometimes life doesn't work out as planned.

Marc Overmars
05-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Listened to his show once and it just wound me up.

Never again.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Fucking hate that cunt Durham!

:lol:

It's sad he has to be a WUM because he makes a lot of sense most of the time.

Cripps_orig
05-08-2013, 04:57 PM
I believe it was Charlie who always listened to Durhams show.

I've listened to it a few times. Never take it seriously

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2013, 05:15 PM
miquel has gone out on loan as well as yennaris.

we've done a fine job of getting players out, but given the amount we have shipped out there surely surely has to be signings coming in. not just one or two either but more like 3-5. we cnat ship this many players out and not replace them

Marc Overmars
05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Another mad trolley dash for some pub teamers to bulk up the numbers probably. Pub teamers who will also be moved on within 2 seasons.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 05:17 PM

we've done a fine job of getting players out, but given the amount we have shipped out there surely surely has to be signings coming in. not just one or two either but more like 3-5. we cnat ship this many players out and not replace them

I'm hearing the stadium has been sold to WalMart and will be the site of the biggest Asda in the UK.

Don't underestimate the willingness of these mega-cunts to fuck the club.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Another mad trolley dash for some pub teamers to bulk up the numbers probably. Pub teamers who will also be moved on within 2 seasons.

Or not if we overpay them.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2013, 05:19 PM
28 players have left the club this summer, doenst include loanees.

operation get rid of the dead wood has been a huge success i think.

operation bring in top quality players hasn't

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 05:21 PM
They have always said it was the plan to trim the wage bill. Trim everything except the ticket prices - in fact put those up FFS!

Yes it's good to clean the dead wood, but shouldn't somebody now take responsibility for collecting it in the first place? And why is that somebody still allowed to go hunting around the bins for similar crap?

Özil's Panoramic View
05-08-2013, 05:28 PM
I'll get drunk and ban it again.

In my defence, I was looking for some other functionality on the Control Panel.

Well then, I hope you get drunk soon.

Better yet, make that **** LDG a mod for this weekend and issue should be sorted.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Talksport is just a bunch of adverts with the odd shit talk in the gaps, from what I'm hearing. Listening is like having teeth drilled.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Nope, turned that shit off. Unlistenable.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Liverpool will surely want to replace him or at least use the transfer fee to bulk up the squad. I don't think this being strung out is good for any party really.

But it being strung out is much worse for them than us as we all know Wenger won't sign any other striker. It's not as if it's "oh well if we can't get Suarez we'll get Rooney, Lewendowski etc"

Marc Overmars
05-08-2013, 05:46 PM
But it being strung out is much worse for them than us as we all know Wenger won't sign any other striker. It's not as if it's "oh well if we can't get Suarez we'll get Rooney, Lewendowski etc"

We could either have a world class striker or not have one, so that's why we're also at risk.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 05:48 PM
We could either have a world class striker or not have one, so that's why we're also at risk.

There's nothing we can do to make the transfer happen any quicker. Liverpool don't want to sell to us. It'll take the player going on strike for us to sign him.

Marc Overmars
05-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Which is why I don't get why we haven't bid their asking price to (hopefully) move things on. I know there's no rush to sign him because of his ban but we know there is no likely alternative should we miss out, so there's the worry.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
There's nothing we can do to make the transfer happen any quicker. Liverpool don't want to sell to us. It'll take the player going on strike for us to sign him.

I think the point could be here (and I don't think they would reject £50 million) that if they were to do so, it puts the onus further on Liverpool and is only going to irritate Suarez further, that they would reject it.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Which is why I don't get why we haven't bid their asking price to (hopefully) move things on. I know there's no rush to sign him because of his ban but we know there is no likely alternative should we miss out, so there's the worry.

What's his asking price?

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 06:11 PM
I think the point could be here (and I don't think they would reject £50 million) that if they were to do so, it puts the onus further on Liverpool and is only going to irritate Suarez further, that they would reject it.

I don't think bidding £50m changes much tbh. I'm sure Suarez has made it clear he wants to leave and the next step is to hand in a transfer request. We'll maybe up the bid after he hands in transfer request. No point doing it now if Liverpool are still adamant he's staying.

Also worth noting that one of the richest clubs in the world has only bid £30m for Rooney who's just one year older than Suarez and similar ability when on form. He also plays for the Champions. £40m is a very fair offer for Liverpool.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 06:21 PM
I don't think bidding £50m changes much tbh. I'm sure Suarez has made it clear he wants to leave and the next step is to hand in a transfer request. We'll maybe up the bid after he hands in transfer request. No point doing it now if Liverpool are still adamant he's staying.

Also worth noting that one of the richest clubs in the world has only bid £30m for Rooney who's just one year older than Suarez and similar ability when on form. He also plays for the Champions. £40m is a very fair offer for Liverpool.

Suarez's overall ability outstrips Rooney's, Rooney got changed from the explosive player he was before to a bit of a machine and not neccesarily for the better.

I think it does change a lot, for one it would equal their record sale, it's probably a lot closer to what they would ideally look for (and suggested in the media, not even from the favourable Arsenal side) that is something they would accept and again it affirms to Suarez our desire to buy him.

It's possible we could get him anyway if we sit tight but I really don't like it.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Fair enough, lets see what happens.

I think you're forgetting how good Rooney was before RVP arrived. You've also got the price premium for moneybags Chelsea buying one of the Premier leagues icons from the mighty Man Utd. If they get Rooney for anywhere near £30m then they've got off lightly.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Fair enough, lets see what happens.

I think you're forgetting how good Rooney was before RVP arrived. You've also got the price premium for moneybags Chelsea buying one of the Premier leagues icons from the mighty Man Utd. If they get Rooney for anywhere near £30m then they've got off lightly.

I'm not forgetting, however Rooney scored about one goal from outside the box out of a silly amount of goals for Man Utd (might have been broken with the CL goal against Chelsea). In terms of pure ability Suarez is better than Rooney now, plus he isn't a smoker and a drinker (I think), Wazza has a ton of injuries these days which Suarez does not and he also doesn't look like Shrek.

Also, to the above, well the £30 million was rejected, so I don't think it's really relevant.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm not forgetting, however Rooney scored about one goal from outside the box out of a silly amount of goals for Man Utd (might have been broken with the CL goal against Chelsea). In terms of pure ability Suarez is better than Rooney now, plus he isn't a smoker and a drinker (I think), Wazza has a ton of injuries these days which Suarez does not and he also doesn't look like Shrek.

Also, to the above, well the £30 million was rejected, so I don't think it's really relevant.

Well Suarez comes with a lot of baggage too and is consistently banned.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-08-2013, 06:33 PM
You guys were talking about testing the water with that £1 bid. test the water again with, say, £45m. It acknowledges you've taken at least some notice of the asking price we both know we're not going to get and removes a little bit of doubt that you're serious about getting him. We might not accept it straight off, but we probably won't laugh it off either.

Call our bluff and most importantly, call Suarez's.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Well Suarez comes with a lot of baggage too and is consistently banned.

Yeah but none of which affects his footballing ability, in the same way as Rooney's has changed.

Cripps_orig
05-08-2013, 06:37 PM
I reckon we'd get Wazza for £40m

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah but none of which affects his footballing ability, in the same way as Rooney's has changed.

But what about the Chelsea premium?
And buying from Man Utd?
And Man Utd selling to a title rival?

These things should make the Rooney fee similar to Suarez's

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 06:42 PM
But what about the Chelsea premium?
And buying from Man Utd?
And Man Utd selling to a title rival?

These things should make the Rooney fee similar to Suarez's

Threat of FFP means most clubs start lower, he wants to leave, he's older. All of those things he's not going to go for the same amount.

Rooney is not going to get the chance to show he should be of that level at Man Utd again with RVP there. All those things affect that value, plus Suarez is probably deemed indispensable to Liverpool, which might not be the case for Man Utd anymore.

In any case, as I said, the bid was rejected so Man Utd obviously still rate him higher but I wouldn't take him over Suarez. Obviously would take him over what else we have though.

fakeyank
05-08-2013, 06:48 PM

Just like your face :pal:

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2013, 06:55 PM
You guys were talking about testing the water with that £1 bid. test the water again with, say, £45m. It acknowledges you've taken at least some notice of the asking price we both know we're not going to get and removes a little bit of doubt that you're serious about getting him. We might not accept it straight off, but we probably won't laugh it off either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzZNh0P9K38

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM

You forget of course, we have zelalem and akpom who can play there, also.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2013, 07:38 PM
wenger confimring today that once again he is the master of trolling.

apparently we have offered a contract to some unkown romainian striker whos a free agent. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/496893/20130805/ciprian-marica-arsenal-schalke-arsene-wenger-luis.htm

Wumger :bow:

Özim
05-08-2013, 07:44 PM

Yeah problem is that would mean we were serious, we're not.

Özim
05-08-2013, 07:45 PM

apparently we have offered a contract to some unkown romainian striker whos a free agent. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/496893/20130805/ciprian-marica-arsenal-schalke-arsene-wenger-luis.htm

If this is indeed true (I doubt it), then he'll truly be the master of prickery.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-08-2013, 07:48 PM
we've let a shed load of players leave. this guy is here to make up numbers and play in the carling cup. surely.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2013, 07:49 PM
we've let a shed load of players leave. this guy is here to make up numbers and play in the carling cup. surely.

in which case, that signing is fair enough and no problems with it. if he becomes our main striker signing of the summer. ill be pissed off

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-08-2013, 07:54 PM
his club record:

2001–2004 Dinamo Bucureşti apps: 23 goals: 4
2004–2007 Shakhtar Donetsk apps: 73 goals: 16
2007–2011 VfB Stuttgart apps: 93 goals: 19
2011–2013 Schalke 04 apps: 34 goals: 5

so 44 goals in 12 years

http://oi50.tinypic.com/mwek20.jpg

fakeyank
05-08-2013, 07:54 PM

If true, I will truly bow down to the master. No bigger troll has ever roamed the earth.. Emperor Wenger! :bow:

Özim
05-08-2013, 07:57 PM
in which case, that signing is fair enough and no problems with it. if he becomes our main striker signing of the summer. ill be pissed off
Yeah that's great and when the new Chamakh fails we can be lumbered with him for a good 4 years.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah that's great and when the new Chamakh fails we can be lumbered with him for a good 4 years.

1. hopefully the club will have learnt from their mistakes and only give him a 2 year deal max.

2. we need squad players. if he is just htere to cover as well as top quality players coming in. there is nothing wrong with this signing

Özim
05-08-2013, 08:02 PM
1. hopefully the club will have learnt from their mistakes and only give him a 2 year deal max.

2. we need squad players. if he is just htere to cover as well as top quality players coming in. there is nothing wrong with this signing
1. We tend to sign players on "long term" deals so I doubt it very much.

2. Squad players need to be able to deliver when needed, they're not just there so you can say look we have 25 players!

JonasTC
05-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Holy shit... That romanian guy got a worse goalscoring record than bendtner :s

fakeyank
05-08-2013, 08:52 PM
:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Andy Dunn (the one who wrote that article about us on Sunday) said on reply to someone on Twitter that Suarez one way or another is off. If we can't agree a fee then he'll hand in a transfer request in the next few days.

Dunn does remember he is Scouse I presume?

Japan Shaking All Over
05-08-2013, 09:44 PM

I know this is what worries me......did last year and the year before that.....Gerv looks like he is off, Bendtner too.....Mannone gone, Coq too....Santos, Squid.....yes alot of crap there but surely we need to bring guys in

Japan Shaking All Over
05-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Andy Dunn (the one who wrote that article about us on Sunday) said on reply to someone on Twitter that Suarez one way or another is off. If we can't agree a fee then he'll hand in a transfer request in the next few days.

Dunn does remember he is Scouse I presume?

Which means that RM may start to smell blood in the water? cos surely they are not serious about Bale?

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Which means that RM may start to smell blood in the water? cos surely they are not serious about Bale?

He only specifically mentioned us and Liverpool (with hashtags).

Also, Marketing are very serious about Bale.

Munchies
05-08-2013, 09:59 PM
11 days till the new season

Ffs

selassie
05-08-2013, 10:13 PM
i refuse to believe the rumour on this romanian guy, I know Wenger is cheap and likes a project but this guy is a 27 year old journeyman.

Munchies
05-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Wenger hasn't bought anyone of note for the last decade or so . His knack for talent has gone, I wouldn't be surprised. Wasted so much in wages on dog shit players, money could have been spent properly

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Wenger hasn't bought anyone of note for the last decade or so . His knack for talent has gone, I wouldn't be surprised. Wasted so much in wages on dog shit players, money could have been spent properly

Arshavin, Walcott, arteta, ,merts, podolski, Cazorla, Eduardo, Giroud.

All players of note. So your point that he hasn't bought any player of note in for a decade is just wrong. However, if you meant world class players, then ill give you that, touch and go to argue Cazorla ams arshavin up there as world class at time of purchase.

Grebbo
05-08-2013, 10:46 PM

Tbh most of those are pretty shit

You'd have been better off listing Fabregas, Nasri, Kos. I think even RVP was bought in the last decade.

Cripps_orig
05-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Arteta :lol:

Still makes me laugh how people use him as an example of Wenger buying decent players recently.

Have they not seen him play?

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 11:18 PM

All players of note. So your point that he hasn't bought any player of note in for a decade is just wrong. However, if you meant world class players, then ill give you that, touch and go to argue Cazorla ams arshavin up there as world class at time of purchase.

Cazorla is the genuine article from that bunch. Eduardo was an unlucky miss. Arteta is decent but not top tier. Arshavin, who knows what went wrong there? But there does seem to be a pattern of Wenger not being able to realise the full potential in these players. Walcott, Merts, Giroud these are scraping the barrel to make a point. That's not a good list.

Globalgunner
06-08-2013, 03:50 AM
Cazorla is the genuine article from that bunch. Eduardo was an unlucky miss. Arteta is decent but not top tier. Arshavin, who knows what went wrong there? But there does seem to be a pattern of Wenger not being able to realise the full potential in these players. Walcott, Merts, Giroud these are scraping the barrel to make a point. That's not a good list.

Ahhh, optimism. Seeing shit and then smelling Chanel No4

It's shocking how clumsy 1 dimensional players are now lauded as Arsenal standard. RVP at 24 couldn't get into the Arsenal first team because of the quality ahead him. RVP has always been a better quality player than Walcott. Yet Wally is now our marquee player and Ramsey whosee only attribute seems to be running slowly for 90 mins non stop is our lion in midfield. How the mighty have fallen. You need at least 8 world class players to make up for Wengers crapness. With these bog standard players......Well the results speak for themselves.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Ahhh, optimism. Seeing shit and then smelling Chanel No4

It's shocking how clumsy 1 dimensional players are now lauded as Arsenal standard. RVP at 24 couldn't get into the Arsenal first team because of the quality ahead him. RVP has always been a better quality player than Walcott. Yet Wally is now our marquee player and Ramsey whosee only attribute seems to be running slowly for 90 mins non stop is our lion in midfield. How the mighty have fallen. You need at least 8 world class players to make up for Wengers crapness. With these bog standard players......Well the results speak for themselves.

:gp:

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2013, 06:38 AM
That is the most depressing list to support a positive point in the history of this forum.

Seaman's Ponytail
06-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Translated from portugese newspaper....

Arsenal enter the struggle for 'new Ronaldo' Spanish

Has 18 years and is considered in Spain the new Cristiano Ronaldo, despite not even being ... Portuguese. Alvaro Vadillo, who has highlighted the extreme Betis in Seville, is now targeted by Arsenal.

The comparison with Ronaldo is due mainly to the technical ability shown by the young player, who also recently caught the eye at the UEFA European U-19.

Manchester United have been the first club to open contacts with Betis for their engagement in October 2011, but the Seville club refused to approach due to the low value offered by the Red Devils.

Recently there was talk of interest from Tottenham, directed by André Villas Boas, now emerging news pointing to the Arsenal, which is known the taste of Arsène Wenger to invest in young people.

Seaman's Ponytail
06-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Same paper, obviously trying to talk up the local players, also carries the news that Arsenal want to sign Sporting Lisbon keeper Rui Patricio...

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 07:59 AM
After Sebastian Perez’s arrival yesterday for a trial with Arsenal it has been revealed that Alharbi El Jadeyaoui has also arrived at the club for a two day trial.
The left-sided midfielder who can also play as a forward will be 27 on Thursday and he currently plays for Angers in Ligue 2.
Beyond that, I know very little about him at all. In fact, I know nothing about him at all.
He’s French, he’s from a lower league, but he’s not young, so I don’t really know what to make of the whole thing.
With Arsenal being linked with a move for free agent Ciprian Marica it’s unclear what the policy is now regarding recruiting players. With a number for first-team fringe players being moved on we no doubt need to boost the squad numbers but the names being linked with the club are odd to say the least.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Another kid.

Yay.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Another kid.

Yay.

He's 27

Seaman's Ponytail
06-08-2013, 08:34 AM
"Stewart Downing is in line for a move to Newcastle United, with Liverpool set to make a £15 million loss on the midfielder, according to reports."

:haha: How could they have paid more than 15 mill for him to start with?

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 08:48 AM
We should go back and offer them £17m for Suarez, they're clearly a bit shocked at the prospect of making a profit from one of their players.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2013, 09:19 AM
He's 27

I meant the 'next ronaldo' in the other article

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 09:21 AM
I meant the 'next ronaldo' in the other article

Oh... well we need some kids as we've just culled much of our youth team.

As long as we sign some world class senior pros as well....

Ashburton2006
06-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Oh... well we need some kids as we've just culled much of our youth team.

As long as we sign some world class senior pros as well....

Cesc and Rooney are coming home I reckon! :dance:

GP
06-08-2013, 09:58 AM

LMAO Cesc and Rooney won't go to Spurs.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 09:58 AM

I think they'll stay out tonight personally.

Ashburton2006
06-08-2013, 10:10 AM
LMAO Cesc and Rooney won't go to Spurs.

You are so Gay Pete. :sarcy:

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 10:15 AM
After Sebastian Perez’s arrival yesterday for a trial with Arsenal it has been revealed that Alharbi El Jadeyaoui has also arrived at the club for a two day trial.
The left-sided midfielder who can also play as a forward will be 27 on Thursday and he currently plays for Angers in Ligue 2.
Beyond that, I know very little about him at all. In fact, I know nothing about him at all.
He’s French, he’s from a lower league, but he’s not young, so I don’t really know what to make of the whole thing.
With Arsenal being linked with a move for free agent Ciprian Marica it’s unclear what the policy is now regarding recruiting players. With a number for first-team fringe players being moved on we no doubt need to boost the squad numbers but the names being linked with the club are odd to say the least.

If this is true then we really need to start discussing whether Wenger should be sacked today or tomorrow to give the new guy at least a week to do something in the transfer window.

Cripps_orig
06-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Freiburg deny Ginter is set to move to Arsenal

The Bundesliga side's sporting director dismissed reports suggesting the Gunners had agreed a fee for the 19-year-old as "nonsense" and intends to keep him at the club

Freiburg have denied that Germany Under-21 starlet Matthias Ginter is close to joining Arsenal.

The 19-year-old defender-cum-midfielder had been linked with a €7 million move to the north London club, with Arsene Wenger looking to bolster a backline that is without the injured Thomas Vermaelen.

But the Bundesliga club's sporting director Jochen Saier has dismissed claims that the Gunners have agreed a deal for Ginter, and says there has been no contact of any kind regarding a transfer.

"That's nonsense. We have not received an inquiry and there are no thoughts about selling him," Saier told Badische Zeitung.

Freiburg's insistence that Ginter is not for sale is another blow to Arsenal during a disapointing summer window, having already had a £42m bid for Luis Suarez rejected and with Yaya Sanogo the only new arrival.

Ginter has made 23 Bundesliga appearances last season for Freiburg, playing predominantly at centre-back, and scored his only goal of the season in February against Werder Bremen.

Thank fuck

Özim
06-08-2013, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L9Nfzy5_WuA

So the big question is, do we want to win a game or eat a game?

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L9Nfzy5_WuA

So the big question is, do we want to win a game or eat a game?

Man speaks quite a lot of sense tbh.

Pogba is quality, we should have gone in for him big time when he quit Man Utd.

Özim
06-08-2013, 12:50 PM
There's also the bit where he says "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" where the board and manager don't think anything is broken and tickets are sold out, it makes sense and makes me even more convinced this whole bidding thing this summer was just a ploy meant to fail to upease a few fans.

The tickets are sold at the end of the day so what are they gonna do if we don't sign any top class players, nothing!

Ashburton2006
06-08-2013, 01:45 PM
There's also the bit where he says "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" where the board and manager don't think anything is broken and tickets are sold out, it makes sense and makes me even more convinced this whole bidding thing this summer was just a ploy meant to fail to upease a few fans.

The tickets are sold at the end of the day so what are they gonna do if we don't sign any top class players, nothing!

The Arsenal we loved and cherished has gone! The Club is now owned by people that dont care! They are not Arsenal Supporters......unlike David Dein. As soon as Dein went, the problems started in my opinion.

Those of you who remember the 70's, 80's and some of the 90's supporting Arsenal, it was an almost "family" club, there was a kind of bond between the board, the players and the fans.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 01:52 PM
The Arsenal we loved and cherished has gone! The Club is now owned by people that dont care! They are not Arsenal Supporters......unlike David Dein. As soon as Dein went, the problems started in my opinion.

Those of you who remember the 70's, 80's and some of the 90's supporting Arsenal, it was an almost "family" club, there was a kind of bond between the board, the players and the fans.

If it was up to Dein we'd be playing in Wembley right now.

Dein's influence is exaggerated IMO. Increased competition is the main reason we're shit these days IMO. We have a shit board too, no doubt about it, and a manager not suited to today's game.

The Emirates Gallactico
06-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Shame about the Ginter guy. Seems like he would have been a good signing.

Pretty sure the Romanian bloke is a troll rumour by the way. Give Wenger some credit at least.

GP
06-08-2013, 01:57 PM

No big club is like that any more. Not even your beloved Spurs.

Özim
06-08-2013, 01:59 PM
If it was up to Dein we'd be playing in Wembley right now.

Dein's influence is exaggerated IMO. Increased competition is the main reason we're shit these days IMO. We have a shit board too, no doubt about it, and a manager not suited to today's game.
I wish we were, we'd have a bigger stadium which would have cost us a lot less and a much more competitive team.

I disagree about his influence being exaggerated, he had tonnes of contacts, football was his number 1 priority and he's the reason we signed a lot of the players we did.

Özim
06-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Pretty sure the Romanian bloke is a troll rumour by the way. Give Wenger some credit at least.
He's signed players like Squillaci, Chamakh, Silvestre and Gervinho, we can't.

Özim
06-08-2013, 02:02 PM

It's all money now, you can see from the way they treat the fans.

We up there with the worst of them value for money wise, get treated like sh*t, pay loads and see next to no spending on the team and lots of players sales.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I wish we were, we'd have a bigger stadium which would have cost us a lot less and a much more competitive team.

I disagree about his influence being exaggerated, he had tonnes of contacts, football was his number 1 priority and he's the reason we signed a lot of the players we did.

You only need contacts if you want to buy players which we clearly don't. Whether its the board or Wenger's choice, either way we have no desire to buy players. I don't really see any advantage of having lots of contacts either tbh. Every chairman knows how to phone a player's agent. Youth contacts are helpful but no way would Dein have more contacts in kids football than Wenger.

If you'd seriously like Arsenal to be playing football in Wembley then I'm perplexed.

Ashburton2006
06-08-2013, 02:19 PM
No big club is like that any more. Not even your beloved Spurs.

Liverpool are still in touch with their fan base without a doubt.

It is also fine to continue the Spurs supporter jibes, but I doubt that you ever supported Arsenal in the "Good Old Days" that I mentioned, and I doubt that you ever stood on the old North Bank cheering the players like Sammy Nelson, Alan Sunderland, Liam Brady etc, who actually cared about the supporters.

Özim
06-08-2013, 02:59 PM
You only need contacts if you want to buy players which we clearly don't. Whether its the board or Wenger's choice, either way we have no desire to buy players. I don't really see any advantage of having lots of contacts either tbh. Every chairman knows how to phone a player's agent. Youth contacts are helpful but no way would Dein have more contacts in kids football than Wenger.

If you'd seriously like Arsenal to be playing football in Wembley then I'm perplexed.
That's true but the point is Dein wanted the club to compete so he would have put pressure on and encuraged spending on quality.

As for Wembley, I'm interested in what happens on the pitch and the stadium has clearly changed what happens on the pitch, it was exciting and breathtaking to watch, it's now boring and repetitive. Our new stadium cost a huge amount of money and from what I can see it's only benefitting the board members and manager.

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 03:14 PM

Does it make a difference where we play if we’re no longer proud of the club? The players, manager, board…they’re all a complete shambles. The Emirates is the envy of other European clubs for the wrong reasons. It’s mostly to do with good planning and the business model instead of the football. It’s well built and top notch but what’s the point in being there if we haven’t got the team to be proud of?

Cripps_orig
06-08-2013, 03:17 PM
The rot started when Dein was still here.

He's not the god people make him out to be. He is after all the cause of Wenger being here

Ollie the Optimist
06-08-2013, 03:23 PM

Moving to wembley would have ripped the soul out of arsenal. That's not our area, it wouldn't be a true home stadium because it wouldn't be ours. Dein did a lot of great things, moving to wembley was his worst idea

Letters
06-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Cut out the abuse, fellas.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 03:47 PM

Pig

GP
06-08-2013, 03:51 PM

Cut out the cake, fatty,

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Moving to wembley would have ripped the soul out of arsenal. That's not our area, it wouldn't be a true home stadium because it wouldn't be ours. Dein did a lot of great things, moving to wembley was his worst idea

I think we're pretty close to losing the soul of Arsenal already. The clubs been sold, the Board have no history with the old Arsenal or English football in general, the fans divided, Wenger deluded....

Ollie the Optimist
06-08-2013, 04:07 PM
I think we're pretty close to losing the soul of Arsenal already. The clubs been sold, the Board have no history with the old Arsenal or English football in general, the fans divided, Wenger deluded....

yes thats now. in 2006, we had our first trophyless season in four years so the club still had its soul.

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Liverpool are still in touch with their fan base without a doubt.

It is also fine to continue the Spurs supporter jibes, but I doubt that you ever supported Arsenal in the "Good Old Days" that I mentioned, and I doubt that you ever stood on the old North Bank cheering the players like Sammy Nelson, Alan Sunderland, Liam Brady etc, who actually cared about the supporters.

Cut the crap. You're a spud.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Not just Arsenal, football in general.

Look at the three big transfer sagas. Bale, Suarez and Rooney. Three utter cunts who signed a contract and now want to force their way out. The clubs still want them, the managers the fans but these cunts say no, they won't honour their own word. If Arsenal are really pursuing Suarez (which thank fuck we aren't in reality) then all these claims of us having class are bullshit. We are sitting there looking all innocent having put in a bid to try and get a player to break a contract. No class whatsoever in that. Just the same as Madrid and the chavs, what's the difference?

Criminal owners, corrupt authorities, absolute shitbag players, a standard way lower than a decade ago and twice the price. What a mess.

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Not just Arsenal, football in general.

Look at the three big transfer sagas. Bale, Suarez and Rooney. Three utter cunts who signed a contract and now want to force their way out. The clubs still want them, the managers the fans but these cunts say no, they won't honour their own word. If Arsenal are really pursuing Suarez (which thank fuck we aren't in reality) then all these claims of us having class are bullshit. We are sitting there looking all innocent having put in a bid to try and get a player to break a contract. No class whatsoever in that. Just the same as Madrid and the chavs, what's the difference?

Criminal owners, corrupt authorities, absolute shitbag players, a standard way lower than a decade ago and twice the price. What a mess.

I can understand Bale. It is Spurs after all. :lol: But I think Spurs would be foolish to turn down that money.

But Rooney are Suarez are downright treacherous bastards. They’re clubs have stuck by them and done a lot for them.

Letters
06-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Cut out the cake, fatty,
Never! :sulk:

ow my chest

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 04:27 PM
yes thats now. in 2006, we had our first trophyless season in four years so the club still had its soul.

Wishful thinking I guess. I was just about to argue that we’d have had more money to spend and wouldn’t have gone to down project youth road but that’s untrue. We’d have still been washed aside by oil money clubs and Wenger would still be Wenger. It would have been even more depressing if we gave up our stadium for this lump of shit we’re now seeing.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Nani rumour is starting up again.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Can we appeal Suarez's ban if we sign him?

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 05:22 PM

Why do you subscribe to ollie's Twitter feed?

Globalgunner
06-08-2013, 05:27 PM

Shoot it once more, in the head this time. The undead are hard to kill

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Why do you subscribe to ollie's Twitter feed?

He told me to.

fakeyank
06-08-2013, 06:27 PM
I can understand Bale. It is Spurs after all. :lol: But I think Spurs would be foolish to turn down that money.

But Rooney are Suarez are downright treacherous bastards. They’re clubs have stuck by them and done a lot for them.

I think we stuck by RVP longer and when he was nowhere near world class.. he fucked us over. Dont care if these guys fuck over their respective clubs.

Time for Shrek and Donkay to come home tbh..

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 06:41 PM
I think we stuck by RVP longer and when he was nowhere near world class.. he fucked us over. Dont care if these guys fuck over their respective clubs.

Then in the end you get a game that offers nothing to the fan and everything to the guy who can be greediest. You can kiss all the things you love about football goodbye. Just have a cheque writing competition and award the points and trophies on that basis.

Cripps_orig
06-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Rooney has been with man utd 9 years.

How is he not loyal?

Bale has been at spuds for years.

Football is alive and well with loyalty

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Rooney has been with man utd 9 years.

How is he not loyal?

Bale has been at spuds for years.

Football is alive and well with loyalty

It's not about loyalty. They signed a contract. They took the money, kissed the badge, led the fans down the garden path and now they want the same deal elsewhere. In other words - cunts. And you can say that's the fault of the fans because they are naive, but it isn't because the fans aren't whoring around are they? They know where to turn up each week. Don't apologise for these cunts when they aren't prepared to apologise for themselves, it makes you look like a worm.

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 06:54 PM

Pretty much. What Cisc and RVC did to Arsenal is far worse.

Wazza isn't getting JT and Lamps to tap him up publicly at every opportunity and secretly asking them to put a Chelsea shirt on him, while pretending to be injured.

Suarez hasn't been injured for his whole Liverpool career, picking up wages in the treatment room and then posting hollow, cringeworthy updates to the fans on his website, while being in contact with his proposed next manager for months.

Both are acting professionally so far, unlike our gallant captains.

Even Nasri behaved better than them.

And no, I'm not being Cripps for a day. Their behaviour was as slimy and cynical as it gets. They well and truly got one over Wenfer. And sections of the fan base, who in their sheer (and yes, justified) hatred of the club, absolved them of all the blame, but will now apportion it all to Shrek and Sharky in similar sagas of selfishness, betrayal and cuntery.

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 07:02 PM
It's not about loyalty. They signed a contract. They took the money, kissed the badge, led the fans down the garden path and now they want the same deal elsewhere. In other words - cunts. And you can say that's the fault of the fans because they are naive, but it isn't because the fans aren't whoring around are they? They know where to turn up each week. Don't apologise for these cunts when they aren't prepared to apologise for themselves, it makes you look like a worm.

Edinburgh Gooner
06-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Hll-Wood saying the transfer kitty is in safe hands... http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/premier_league_2_3785/arsenal/hill_wood_arsenal_transfer_funds_safe_with_keswick _1_2321538

The 73-year-old life-long Gunners fan, a former director of the Bank of England, has been on the board since 2005, and Hill-Wood is in no doubt he will help the club drive on with their self-sustaining business model.

“We couldn’t have a better man at the helm than Chips, he’s absolutely first-class,” Hill-Wood said in an interview with the club’s official website, www.arsenal.com.

“There are huge sums of money involved in football now and Chips certainly understands the world of finances better than most - he was a director of the Bank of England and has worked in finance all his life. He has a very good grasp.”

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 07:14 PM

You've seen our lunatic manager this summer. Why would you stay for another season when he out right refuses to sign better players to help the team? We'll always have a revolving door here if Wenger doesn't change.

Rooney is on good wages, plays for a title winning side and I can't understand why he's so desperate to leave. This year....well....I can understand since Moyes has taken over but the transfer request he handed in some seasons before sours things in my opinion. Unless he wants a new challenge, I think he needs to explain himself.

Suarez....after the dragging Liverpool's name through the mud and they've stuck by him.....it's really bad if he leaves them now. By any standard in life, that just looks bad when you get that sort of support and then you leave for club that isn't that much better. It's hardly an opportunity of a life time for him.

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 07:17 PM

Wazza isn't getting JT and Lamps to tap him up publicly at every opportunity and secretly asking them to put a Chelsea shirt on him, while pretending to be injured.

Suarez hasn't been injured for his whole Liverpool career, picking up wages in the treatment room and then posting hollow, cringeworthy updates to the fans on his website, while being in contact with his proposed next manager for months.

And no, I'm not being Cripps for a day. Their behaviour was as slimy and cynical as it gets. They well and truly got one over Wenfer. And sections of the fan base, who in their sheer (and yes, justified) hatred of the club, absolved them of all the blame, but will now apportion it all to Shrek and Sharky in similar sagas of selfishness, betrayal and cuntery.

It's not in the same ball park. As said, I can understand why Bale wants to move. It's Real Madrid and he plays for Spurs. Which player wouldn't want that sort of opportunity?

Marc Overmars
06-08-2013, 07:20 PM
I think Suarez would deserve the contempt from Liverpool fans should he join us. You can't expect their fans to understand the move after he cited the media as a reason for wanting out, only to then want to join another club in the same country. They also staunchly stuck by him and made themselves look silly in the process, even when he was clearly in the wrong, but they did it anyway because he was one of their own. He owes them a lot in truth.

He's a **** but hopefully he'll be our **** soon.

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Their reasons might be understandable, but their behaviour after everything Arsenal and Wenger had done for them certainly wasn't. It was unnecessary, too, which makes their actions far worse in context. I don't feel personally slighted by them. Modern football is a cut-throat, horrible business after all. But excusing them and criticising others really makes no sense.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Probably no player can be singled out, they are all cunts. In it for themselves entirely but what they don't realise is they don't even exist if the fans aren't there. They are just shit on the streets. The fans made them, no matter how much talent they have. The fans made all those fancy board room arseholes too, it's our money they feast on. A year after judas stabbed us in the back we are hoping his brother signs up. What can we expect from that I wonder? An people will say this is normal and indeed it is normal. And that's the huge problem. Unbounded cuntishness is normal. Well you take that and expand it out to economics and politics and media and every aspect of life and you get exactly what you see in front of you today. We can say it's normal but it seems incredibly dumb and self defeating to say normal is okay. Inside a looney bin mad people are normal. Wouldn't want to live there though. There must be some clever way to hold all these cunts that are ruining football to account.

I thin Wenger a stubborn nutter but in the end isn't he one of the few (if not the only one) who hasn't bought into this shit just because it is "normal"? Catch 22, we want to win but we have to be utter cunts to do it. Is there another way? Does any of Wenger's thinking hold water?

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Their reasons might be understandable, but their behaviour after everything Arsenal and Wenger had done for them certainly wasn't. It was unnecessary, too, which makes their actions far worse in context. I don't feel personally slighted by them. Modern football is a cut-throat, horrible business after all. But excusing them and criticising others really makes no sense.

That's a matter of opinion. Would you say the same about Henry and the way he left? He signed a new contract and then left a year later. He spent a good deal of that season 'injured' and looking very sulky. He went public to the press demanding a change before the Spurs game out of sheer frustration and wouldn't kill the Barca link for 2 years running. His dissatisfaction with the club was more vocal and visible on the pitch compared to Cesc and RVP's exits. Plus he signed an agreement the year before!

But I understand why and this summer makes things even more clear. This little merry go round we've been given by the club, the players have gone through it enough and all of them have been convinced by Wenger to stay on only to find that he's up to the same old tricks. It's got to be hard to tolerate the blatant lies. It's the same pattern. Henry had sit down talks with the club, he was promised a change, they went back on their word so he left. Cesc had that great talk with Wenger but a season later he was off. RVP went in to talk with Gazidis and Wenger and they must have straight up told him the deal and he was off.

There is a lot of treachery in football, but there is no denying our club is taking serious liberties. Rooney will have to explain himself. I can understand if he wants a new challenge and to push himself with a new team because he's done it all at Man Utd. But I don't want to hear any crap about that team lacking ambition. That's balls! It's like Ronaldo comparing his stay at Madrid as slavery. It's hard to fathom.

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Yeah, Henry and Viera were just as bad as RVC and Fabregas. Vieira was an utter turd in fact (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-55834/Vieiras-Highbury-feud-turns-ugly.html). Henry was shit in his last year, much like Fabregas was for the last 18 months. RVC had one season in which he was fully fit, so it would have dissuaded his grand Uncle Fergie from putting in a bid if he'd sulked on his first opportunity to show a consistent output.

Just on the subject of RVC and Fabregas though, my point was that they had no reason to go through all that nonsense. Handing in a transfer request would have had the same outcome, seeing as how Wenger is obliging to all the whims of all his special project youth players.

Differentiating between the levels of shitty behaviour is ultimately pointless. They're all cunts. They're all self-interested. They're all modern-day footballers.

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 08:26 PM
I thin Wenger a stubborn nutter but in the end isn't he one of the few (if not the only one) who hasn't bought into this shit just because it is "normal"? Catch 22, we want to win but we have to be utter cunts to do it. Is there another way? Does any of Wenger's thinking hold water?

You said "I thin Wenger". :haha:

Munchies
06-08-2013, 08:43 PM
http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showforum=3&prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&st=0

Was just going through some old topics on the old invision board,

Same problems :haha:

' Worrying Stat : Sunderland have scored MORE away goals than us !'

Fats : ' and I have more points on my driving licence than they do in the league '

Özim
06-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Personally I think Wenger deserved it, years of BS and hype and he never put his money where his mouth is. Eventually the players recognise that he's a dreamer with no hope of being successful.

Sure he supported them but that was his choice and his way of making sure we didn't have to spend sh*t.

He's like the guy you meet who tells you all these big stories, eventually you find out he's full of sh*t and you don't listen to anything he says anymore, it's entertaining but that's about it.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 08:54 PM
You said "I thin Wenger". :haha:

It's French, you ignorant fool.

Munchies
06-08-2013, 09:02 PM
http://www.kckrs.com/wp-content/uploads/wenger-water-slide-YO.jpg

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 09:15 PM
:tumbleweed:

Maestro
06-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Personally I think Wenger deserved it, years of BS and hype and he never put his money where his mouth is. Eventually the players recognise that he's a dreamer with no hope of being successful.

Sure he supported them but that was his choice and his way of making sure we didn't have to spend sh*t.

He's like the guy you meet who tells you all these big stories, eventually you find out he's full of sh*t and you don't listen to anything he says anymore, it's entertaining but that's about it.

They're all cunts, manager, board and players but I find it hard to argue with that.

Maestro
06-08-2013, 09:19 PM
:tumbleweed:

busy window

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 09:30 PM
busy window

Frantic

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 09:41 PM
http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

Munchies
06-08-2013, 09:46 PM
^ New season 10 days, Villa have quietly added signings since the window opened, the way it should be done

Globalgunner
06-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Wenger is a deluded dreamer, the man who wants to play baseball when everyone else is playing cricket. His ideals, his methodologies are not compatible with the modern game. Take for instance his paying kids extravagant salaries, why does he do that. It's to keep them sweet, keep them within the programme unquestioning, compliant. That's why he does it. This only works for so long because if they are really good players in time they will want more than his never never land promises of future glory. He is a scam artist who gets found out. He retreats into the alibi of FFP to rationalise his failures, but the team and club are the ones paying the price for his idiosyncrasies. The bad training and dereliction of duty in failing to let obviously poor players like Alumina go when the are killing the team and refusing to strengthen when needed. Our signings rarely improve in technique carrying obvious flaws throughout their career here e.g. Clichy, Walcott.
He just wants to be left alone and can't understand why some insist on titles to justify the large stipend he is on. He has become a monster, question is who will be our Sir Galahad and save us from this tyrant.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Wenger is a deluded dreamer, the man who wants to play baseball when everyone else is playing cricket. His ideals, his methodologies are not compatible with the modern game. Take for instance his paying kids extravagant salaries, why does he do that. It's to keep them sweet, keep them within the programme unquestioning, compliant. That's why he does it. This only works for so long because if they are really good players in time they will want more than his never never land promises of future glory. He is a scam artist who gets found out. He retreats into the alibi of FFP to rationalise his failures, but the team and club are the ones paying the price for his idiosyncrasies. The bad training and dereliction of duty in failing to let obviously poor players like Alumina go when the are killing the team and refusing to strengthen when needed. Our signings rarely improve in technique carrying obvious flaws throughout their career here e.g. Clichy, Walcott.
He just wants to be left alone and can't understand why some insist on titles to justify the large stipend he is on. He has become a monster, question is who will be our Sir Galahad and save us from this tyrant.

Joanna Lumley?

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Diana Rigg?

GP
06-08-2013, 11:21 PM
I would.

Munchies
06-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Only a few months ago:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRBSOPZCQAAjY9c.jpg:large

Globalgunner
06-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Gents your age is showing, those old biddies are at least 60 years old..
Be serious. This is a matter of life and ........well life!

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Only a few months ago:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRBSOPZCQAAjY9c.jpg:large

We are top of the league!

GP

The headline is COMPLETELY different from the article.

Niall_Quinn

The young versions from Google FFS

GP
06-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Felicity Kendall?

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 11:24 PM

The headline is COMPLETELY different from the article.

That's because it's quality journalism.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Ladyman? :haha:

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 11:30 PM

Diana Rigg's in her seventies tbf.

I thought we were naming Avengers ladies.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Ladyman? :haha:

Gay Pete's pen name.

GP
06-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Diana Rigg's in her seventies tbf.

I thought we were naming Avengers ladies.

Scarlett Johansson :bow:

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Nah.

Honor Blackman :bow:.

Globalgunner
Scarlett Johansson :bow:

Now you're talking. And she can bake muffins too. Apparently that's her 1 true superpower.

Niall_Quinn
Nah.

Honor Blackman :bow:.

Pussy Galore. Films were real films in them days.

GP
06-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Now you're talking. And she can bake muffins too. Apparently that's her 1 true superpower.

With those lips, I doubt it.

Ashburton2006
07-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Cut the crap. You're a spud.

Cut out your face, your a Tw**

Letters
07-08-2013, 07:43 AM
And people say the level of debate on GW has gone down.

JonasTC
07-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Plenty of pictures of Gervinho in Roma and with Roma merchindise.... Wierd it hasnt been announced yet :s

GP
07-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Cut out your face, your a Tw**

*you're

otherwise :gp:

Power n Glory
07-08-2013, 07:56 AM
What a waste of money that was. Two seasons he lasted. For anyone that thinks we'll see a dramatic improvment this year from Pod or Giroud...take heed.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2013, 09:20 AM
What a waste of money that was. Two seasons he lasted. For anyone that thinks we'll see a dramatic improvment this year from Pod or Giroud...take heed.

To be fair to them, they at least have a crumb of ability.

Gervinho gives us all hope that one day we might be able to play top level football. A horrific player who lacked any sort of technical ability and composure, without a doubt one of Wenger's worst 8 figure signings.

Munchies
07-08-2013, 09:22 AM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1355257750059.gif

Munchies
07-08-2013, 09:25 AM
How did we mug Roma off of ~£7m ?

AKBapologist
07-08-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm just going to put this out there:
Nani
A CDM with a surname beginning with the letter g
Suarez
Supermarket sweep for goal keeper and right back.

Özim
07-08-2013, 09:52 AM
How did Lille mug us for £10.8 million, it looks like Hazard carried this guy?

selassie
07-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Yeah we did well to get that fee to be fair. He's linking up with his old Lille Boss so he may do OK over there.

I was never really that sold on him even when he was doing pretty well for Lille, he always had an "air of clumsiness" about him.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Barca have bid for David Luiz. Rumoured to be around 40m.

Joker
07-08-2013, 11:47 AM

I actually agree with the part about Cesc and RVP. Both left in bad circumstances. At least Cesc put in decent performances for about 4-5 seasons even though he sulked through his last season. With RVP, he had 1 good season in 8 before he jumped ship. Although his reasons were understandable, he acted as if he had performed consistently for us only to be let down by poor quality team mates. This was true in his last season, but for the other 7 he was either injured or playing like shit.

Power n Glory
07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
To be fair to them, they at least have a crumb of ability.

Gervinho gives us all hope that one day we might be able to play top level football. A horrific player who lacked any sort of technical ability and composure, without a doubt one of Wenger's worst 8 figure signings.

I’m not so sure about that. Wenger can teach composure and finishing. We’ve seen Henry, Ade, RVP, Theo, Cesc all improve on their finishing and decisions. Ability wise, the guy can dribble and skin any player. Giroud and Podolski have no hope in hell of that. Giroud isn’t so bad because as a centre forward, he can rely on others to create space for him. But Pod won’t last another season on that left wing. He can’t dribble or create that much space for himself or others. It’s a problem and I think he’s next out the door if he doesn’t sharpen up quickly. If he starts getting more games up front but fails to impress, he’s gone!

LDG
07-08-2013, 12:01 PM
I’m not so sure about that. Wenger can teach composure and finishing. We’ve seen Henry, Ade, RVP, Theo, Cesc all improve on their finishing and decisions. Ability wise, the guy can dribble and skin any player. Giroud and Podolski have no hope in hell of that. Giroud isn’t so bad because as a centre forward, he can rely on others to create space for him. But Pod won’t last another season on that left wing. He can’t dribble or create that much space for himself or others. It’s a problem and I think he’s next out the door if he doesn’t sharpen up quickly. If he starts getting more games up front but fails to impress, he’s gone!

Agree with Podolski.

I really like him as an out and out finisher, he just doesn't "fit" into the way we play. Add to that the injuries, and the fact he looked fat/out of shape just recently.

I'd love to see him play off Giroud, but I don't think we can accomodate two in the middle, up top.

Niall_Quinn
07-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Pods seems to be the new camp entertainer, essential for morale. He's on £107K a week isn't he? That's a lot for a jester.

Grebbo
07-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Pods seems to be the new camp entertainer, essential for morale. He's on £107K a week isn't he? That's a lot for a jester.

Eboue did that job for half the price.

Hyper inflation!

Niall_Quinn
07-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Here's our latest pubber trialist. Even YouTube can't make him look half decent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkmIoZCnnxE&feature=player_embedded

Marc Overmars
07-08-2013, 12:56 PM
United are reportedly in talks with Fellaini.

Munchies
07-08-2013, 12:57 PM
United are reportedly in talks with Fellaini.

Ffs

Cripps_orig
07-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Thought it was Osman....

Twitter :haha:

Gullible fans who believe twitter :haha:

LDG
07-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Plenty of pictures of Gervinho in Roma and with Roma merchindise.... Wierd it hasnt been announced yet :s

They apparently need to free up a non-EU squad spot for him, which is imminent.

But the deal is done.

Gervinho :lol:

Really, really, shit.

Niall_Quinn
07-08-2013, 03:48 PM
They apparently need to free up a non-EU squad spot for him, which apparently is imminent.

But the deal is done.

Gervinho :lol:

Really, really, shit.

His forehead embarrassed the club so I'm glad he's gone.

Also he was a shit player.

LDG
07-08-2013, 04:00 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6L_kwcAMg-kTqQdF0JKT7tYTYKe427TqChvDaMGuSFsG2sDKGKBcwPMcB

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Have a feeling Gervinho might be one of those players who caught Wengeritis at his time at Arsenal (Wengeritis - a malody commonly associated with playing under Arsene Wenger at Arsenal Football club where an otherwise decent footballer becomes total shite under the tutelage of non cohesive training methods and being played out of position)

True he's got the reasoning ability of a burlap sack but technically very good and is as fast as you like (how many players like that have we got left at Arsenal?....very few)....i have a feeling he will thrive playing under his old coach at Lille.

Where as we are lumbered with the likes of Ramsey (called a work horse despite having done nothing ever to actually earn that moniker) whose pace matches Quentin Crisp when he was mincing around poorly lit London streets during the 1930s.

Grebbo
07-08-2013, 04:58 PM
When you're spending £10m on a player you're not guaranteed much. Wenger probably hoped Gervinho would develop a brain. He didn't and we move on to the next chump.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Thank you Mods all i ask for is consistency! :-)

fakeyank
07-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Have a feeling Gervinho might be one of those players who caught Wengeritis at his time at Arsenal (Wengeritis - a malody commonly associated with playing under Arsene Wenger at Arsenal Football club where an otherwise decent footballer becomes total shite under the tutelage of non cohesive training methods and being played out of position)

True he's got the reasoning ability of a burlap sack but technically very good and is as fast as you like (how many players like that have we got left at Arsenal?....very few)....i have a feeling he will thrive playing under his old coach at Lille.

Where as we are lumbered with the likes of Ramsey (called a work horse despite having done nothing ever to actually earn that moniker) whose pace matches Quentin Crisp when he was mincing around poorly lit London streets during the 1930s.

I think Gervinho wouldve thrived under a hard task master like Ferguson or Mourinho. He had all the traits to be a very good player for us- pace, dribbling and big forehead. All that needed drilled into him is a lot of training to shoot or cross in time. I guess we will find out soon, but I do agree with you...

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Thank you Mods all i ask for is consistency! :-)

I hadn't seen this page until your post was on it. :lol:

Cripps_orig
07-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Al Ain reject Arsenal trial offer for Abdulrahman

The Gunners wanted a closer look at the winger but the UAE club are only prepared to entertain transfer offers, while Angers midfielder El Jadeyaoui has been handed a two-day trial

Arsenal have seen their approach to take Omar Abdulrahman on trial knocked back as Al Ain are only interested in outright transfer bids.

The UAE Pro-League club revealed that the Gunners had invited the 21-year-old to train with them ahead of a potential move.

But Al Ain chairman Sheikh Abdullah bin Mohammed feels Abdulrahman does not need to prove his qualities in unnecessary trial stints and says the club will only listen to serious offers.

"Omar Abdulrahman is a national treasure, which is why the club is keen to study with great attention only serious offers that are beneficial to the player," he is quoted as saying by the National.

"Omar is above having to go on trial to prove his skills, as he has played high-quality league and international matches, which are the real test.

"Any club willing to recruit Omar can check his performance in all his games and then submit a serious offer to sign him.

"If there is one, we are ready to negotiate with the team and reach a compromise."

Abdulrahman caught the eye of a number of clubs while playing for his country at the 2012 Olympic Games and in the AFC Champions League with Al Ain.

Meanwhile, the Gunners have handed a two-day trial to Angers midfielder Alharbi El Jadeyaoui, who was withdrawn from the Ligue 2 side's weekend clash against Istres.

Angers general manager, Olivier Pickeu, has confirmed the move but insisted that the two clubs are not discussing a permanent move yet.

"For Alharbi, this is something else," Pickeu told Ouest-France. "We're not in a negotiation phase yet.

"Arsenal have watched him many times, with Morocco as well. We thought it would be nice for him to spend time in England. It is rewarding for him and it is rewarding for us."

El Jadeyaoui, who spent a week-long trial at Blackburn in 2009, is a left-sided midfielder and could be seen as a replacement for Gervinho, who has agreed an €8 million move to Roma.

You can only laugh

Globalgunner
07-08-2013, 05:32 PM

Not sure on what basis you make the claim that Arsene can improve players. Adebayor never improved under Wenger, he could still miss an open goal where he could see the stubble on the goalies face. He also had a clumsy first touch. Kanu was the same he had bags of talent but we remember him mostly for his misses. Hleb was another, who could dribble the whole back 4 but couldn't find the net even if his children's lives depended on it. Walcott, what can I say. Hardly better now than the 16 year old who joined us 6 years ago. Don't even start me on the keepers or our kamikaze defending. Wenger s entire resume consists of GGeorge Graham's back 4 and superb purchases in his first 6 years. He has not seen to change his backroom staff even though they have failed us for 8 years. Only the physio who left for England and Bould have come or gone in 16 years.

Cripps_orig
07-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Kanu remembered for his misses?

Theo no better than he was at 16?

Ollie the Optimist
07-08-2013, 06:07 PM
You can only laugh

at the arrogance of a completely unknown player thinking he is too good to have go on trial? yes i agree

Globalgunner
07-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Kanu remembered for his misses?

Theo no better than he was at 16?

You're obviously 12 years old Cripps, so there's no way you could have watched the seasons of 99 to 2002. Kanu has never been prolific. As for your idol Walcott. I stand by my claim. All pace, can't dribble, can't head the ball, shoot when it's better to pass and vice versa. Sturridge is a better player and I wouldn't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt.l

Cripps_orig
07-08-2013, 06:18 PM
You're obviously 12 years old Cripps, so there's no way you could have watched the seasons of 99 to 2002. Kanu has never been prolific. As for your idol Walcott. I stand by my claim. All pace, can't dribble, can't head the ball, shoot when it's better to pass and vice versa. Sturridge is a better player and I wouldn't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt.l
Obviously :rolleyes:

I don't recall Theo scoring 20 goals a season and lots of assists as a 16 year old. Maybe in your world he did.

As for Kanu, I remember him mostly for that hat trick tbh.

Kids :rolleyes:

Globalgunner
07-08-2013, 06:19 PM
at the arrogance of a completely unknown player thinking he is too good to have go on trial? yes i agree

That technique worked pretty well on Ibrahimovic and CR7 I suppose

Marc Overmars
07-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Kanu wasn't prolific but then he never was throughout his career. He was a great number 10 type of player, a bit of a maverick who'd pop up with the odd moment of brilliance.

Different player to Gervais who is mostly a runner.

Globalgunner
07-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Obviously :rolleyes:

I don't recall Theo scoring 20 goals a season and lots of assists as a 16 year old. Maybe in your world he did.

As for Kanu, I remember him mostly for that hat trick tbh.

Kids :rolleyes:

Walcott played the whole season 20 goals. Giroud misses about 5 games scored 17. So what is your point. They are both craps strikers, unfortunately they are the best we have. If Walcott had played the whole season at 16. He probably would have scored 12 or so. Fortunately, then we had better players ahead of him, Unlike now.

Özim
07-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Kanu wasn't prolific but then he never was throughout his career. He was a great number 10 type of player, a bit of a maverick who'd pop up with the odd moment of brilliance.

Different player to Gervais who is mostly a runner.
Kanu was a really skillful player who was a great player to come on and mix things up, he'd give teams real problems with his dribbling ability and ability to hold onto the ball and was just something different (it's good to have players like this so if things aren't working you have a different option).

Never prolific but did a very good job for us, his finishing was never all that but then we had other player who could finish in those days, all over the pitch.

Cripps_orig
07-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Ok now I know you have no idea what you are talking about.

Theo was hardly in the team first couple of months.

Oh well, you can always dream of Sturridge

Power n Glory
07-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Not sure on what basis you make the claim that Arsene can improve players. Adebayor never improved under Wenger, he could still miss an open goal where he could see the stubble on the goalies face. He also had a clumsy first touch. Kanu was the same he had bags of talent but we remember him mostly for his misses. Hleb was another, who could dribble the whole back 4 but couldn't find the net even if his children's lives depended on it. Walcott, what can I say. Hardly better now than the 16 year old who joined us 6 years ago. Don't even start me on the keepers or our kamikaze defending. Wenger s entire resume consists of GGeorge Graham's back 4 and superb purchases in his first 6 years. He has not seen to change his backroom staff even though they have failed us for 8 years. Only the physio who left for England and Bould have come or gone in 16 years.

That's an exaggeration. He can't turn water into wine and he's lost his touch as of late, but that's not right at all.

Ade was terrible but he got better under us and grew some balls in front of goal. How we managed to get 30 goals from him in a season from a player of that that nature; it's impressive. RVP turned into a madman for us. An out and out goal scorer and team player. He became clinical and his movement off the ball imprived dramatically. He started to move with intelligence and like a proper striker. Theo has sharpened up on his finishing, runs and decisions. Still has a way to go with his dribbling but I think it's impossible to improve that so late in his career. It's like Ade's terrible first touch. He's only going to get fractionally better.

You can't say Wenger hasn't improved players and it's beyond his ability to get Gervinho to make smarter choices and more clinical in front of goal. He has many flaws but I believe over time Gervinho would have improved on his chance conversion rate.

Globalgunner
07-08-2013, 07:04 PM
That's an exaggeration. He can't turn water into wine and he's lost his touch as of late, but that's not right at all.

Ade was terrible but he got better under us and grew some balls in front of goal. How we managed to get 30 goals from him in a season from a player of that that nature; it's impressive. RVP turned into a madman for us. An out and out goal scorer and team player. He became clinical and his movement off the ball imprived dramatically. He started to move with intelligence and like a proper striker. Theo has sharpened up on his finishing, runs and decisions. Still has a way to go with his dribbling but I think it's impossible to improve that so late in his career. It's like Ade's terrible first touch. He's only going to get fractionally better.

You can't say Wenger hasn't improved players and it's beyond his ability to get Gervinho to make smarter choices and more clinical in front of goal. He has many flaws but I believe over time Gervinho would have improved on his chance conversion rate.

Ok some polemics in my statement, it's the nature of outbursts borne out of frustration. I think it's a given that our training is crap. As a team we do not improve year on year, witness our games in the Emirates cup, same old turgid shift. So what's to say that players without self motivation can improve on technique. If no one is taking them aside and pointing out specifics , then devising tailor made routines to iron out these flaws, why will they improve. Players like Bregkamp and Henry spend time on their own honing already impressive abilities. I see no improvement in Walcott, simply natural progression, not massive gained. Hisonly asset is speed. He is onemajor injury or 4 more years of losing that, then what. Does somebody thing Bale just developed from a slipshod LB to the world's most prized player by chance. No I doubt it. Something about the whole Wenger organisation smacks me of indolence and complacency. I swear Arsenal does a review of each season at it's end and 5 mins later concludes that we were simply unlucky and next season, things will simply full into place with maybe a small , verysverysmall tweak. The legend of Wenger as one of football's great thinkers has long died for me.

Niall_Quinn
07-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Walcott has lost a yard of pace. He doesn't even have that as an asset now. His only asset is randomness, by thrashing at the ball or charging headlong down the pitch enough times it eventually goes in the direction he wants or he stumbles past an opponent. Awful player and I do agree a lot of this seems to be down to Wenger. He takes players with potential and weeds that potential out of them, replacing it with percentage play and robotics. Ox has dropped at lest two levels since he joined us, all the natural flair has gone from his game. Podolski, another player on the Arsenal fast track to nowhere. Arshavin. Gervinho. Arteta played out of position. No Adams, no Henry, no Bergkamp, no Pires, no Vieira. No natural talents and natural leaders. Were these the real architects behind our great teams? Was Wenger just along for the ride? Nobody can say for sure but the evidence is starting to mount up.