PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Xhaka Can’t
07-08-2013, 07:46 PM
6000 posts in and who have we signed?

Niall_Quinn
07-08-2013, 07:50 PM

The injured postman bloke who looked dogshit ordinary on Sunday. Fee was zero pounds and zero pence which converts into zero euros. I think we'll get what we paid for.

GP
07-08-2013, 07:54 PM

Pre-contract agreement with yo momma.

Power n Glory
07-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Ok some polemics in my statement, it's the nature of outbursts borne out of frustration. I think it's a given that our training is crap. As a team we do not improve year on year, witness our games in the Emirates cup, same old turgid shift. So what's to say that players without self motivation can improve on technique. If no one is taking them aside and pointing out specifics , then devising tailor made routines to iron out these flaws, why will they improve. Players like Bregkamp and Henry spend time on their own honing already impressive abilities. I see no improvement in Walcott, simply natural progression, not massive gained. Hisonly asset is speed. He is onemajor injury or 4 more years of losing that, then what. Does somebody thing Bale just developed from a slipshod LB to the world's most prized player by chance. No I doubt it. Something about the whole Wenger organisation smacks me of indolence and complacency. I swear Arsenal does a review of each season at it's end and 5 mins later concludes that we were simply unlucky and next season, things will simply full into place with maybe a small , verysverysmall tweak. The legend of Wenger as one of football's great thinkers has long died for me.

Iron sharpens iron and you have a point regarding the training. Self motivation is also key and it's why Wenger prefers to work with young players. He can't take all the credit but I believe Wenger's philosophy is to provide an environment where young players can grow and flourish. The absence of quality players will have a knock on effect and we're getting a diluted version of Total football these days. It needs to be looked into. But in my opinion, Gervinho wasn't so bad that he was beyond redemption. All he needed was to grow in confidence and learn composure. Those things are easily taught and not beyond Wenger's abilities. Seeing him lose patience with a player so quickly is very odd.

As for Walcott, I think he'll have a short career if he stays with us on the wing any longer. He does need to worry if he loses his speed and he should be playing as a striker by now. He's only signed a short extension so I suspect he'll be off soon. Wenger has hardly played him as a striker since signing the deal. That's telling.

Munchies
07-08-2013, 08:00 PM
The injured postman bloke who looked dogshit ordinary on Sunday. Fee was zero pounds and zero pence which converts into zero euros. I think we'll get what we paid for.

And Wenger has probably given him a decent wage Ffs

Ralpheroo72
07-08-2013, 08:43 PM
We are in limbo

Munchies
07-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Spurs are signing Capoue for 11 million

Niall_Quinn
07-08-2013, 08:50 PM
We are in limbo

The limbo period, where the board goes on a cruise with another bunch of whores and dances the night away. Then there's the hangover period. Then the fry up period. Then the waiting for the bar to open again period.

Because they have fuck all else to do during the transfer window.

Niall_Quinn
07-08-2013, 08:50 PM

No, because it is not possible to sign players.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2013, 08:52 PM
We've been linked with Capoue a few times in the past.

Sperz get one over us again.

Munchies
07-08-2013, 08:53 PM
He can play in defence aswell, Ffs Wenger, wake up from your coma already

Niall_Quinn
07-08-2013, 09:00 PM
We've been linked with Capoue a few times in the past.

Sperz get one over us again.

Can somebody please add him to the almost played for Arsenal squad? Thanks.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2013, 10:16 PM

When Al Capone met Eboue. :bow:

Globalgunner
07-08-2013, 10:49 PM
If Madrid sign Bale, then it will be the 2 most expensive players in the world that Wenger had a good look at and decided not to sign. Who know's, maybe there was a chance to sign Messi back then when he bought Cesc and decided he didn't want to kill Aliadiere

BlindFaith_8
07-08-2013, 10:50 PM
While W@nker is looking for freebies, how about a shout for Pascal Chimbonda for a season on the right, and Sagna could stay central? He's playing for Market Drayton in a league 4 divisions below the football conference. I have to admire the man for the love and passion for the game that he travels 100 miles each way to play in front of 100 people. I'd take a punt on him while were looking at the bargain basement signings. Let's be honest Suarez is angling for a move to Real Madrid, I mean it's a no brainer, Arsenal or Madrid.

Grebbo
07-08-2013, 10:52 PM
If Madrid sign Bale, then it will be the 2 most expensive players in the world that Wenger had a good look at and decided not to sign. Who know's, maybe there was a chance to sign Messi back then when he bought Cesc and decided he didn't want to kill Aliadiere

Tbf everyone had the chance to sign Bale. For some reason only Spurs went for him. It's hard to imagine him becoming the player he has but fair play to him.

What was the supposed story about us and Ronaldo? Something about his mum snubbing us?

Ollie the Optimist
07-08-2013, 10:53 PM
While W@nker is looking for freebies, how about a shout for Pascal Chimbonda for a season on the right, and Sagna could stay central? He's playing for Market Drayton in a league 4 divisions below the football conference. I have to admire the man for the love and passion for the game that he travels 100 miles each way to play in front of 100 people. I'd take a punt on him while were looking at the bargain basement signings. Let's be honest Suarez is angling for a move to Real Madrid, I mean it's a no brainer, Arsenal or Madrid.

:haha: :haha: :haha: i think thats genuinely one of the stupidest things i have ever read

BlindFaith_8
07-08-2013, 10:55 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: i think thats genuinely one of the stupidest things i have ever read

Why is it stupid? He can't be worse then jenkinson and sagna. This guy was a sub for all of france's world cup games, granted he never played a single match, but I don't think he's that bad seriously.

Ollie the Optimist
07-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Why is it stupid? He can't be worse then jenkinson and sagna.

he plays for a non league side. i think that answers your question

Cripps_orig
07-08-2013, 10:59 PM

As a great man once said on the first post of the thread

"Who?"

BlindFaith_8
07-08-2013, 11:00 PM
To stay match fit, there's a lot of good players unattached right now playing for non league teams, so I still can't see how bad of an idea it really is.

Ollie the Optimist
07-08-2013, 11:04 PM
To stay match fit, there's a lot of good players unattached right now playing for non league teams, so I still can't see how bad of an idea it really is.

if he is having to stay match fit by playing for a non league side then it says it all. not even league 2 clubs want him. hes 34 and has gone from world cup to non league and you are wanting to sign him? its just idiotic

Cripps_orig
07-08-2013, 11:04 PM
While I can appreciate Chimbondas passion for the game, I never really rated him when he was at his best at Wigan/spuds and he's worse than that now.

GP
07-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Any other lower league dross we can sign up?

What's Dean Windass up to these days?

:doh:

Cripps_orig
07-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Brazilian Willian has been transfer-listed - along with all his team-mates - by Anzhi Makhachkala as they look to cut their budget.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Time for Eto'o to come home

Niall_Quinn
07-08-2013, 11:56 PM

Sounds like he plays for a non-league side just so he can continue playing. I agree, good luck to him. And Santos is the worst footballer I have ever seen in my life and I'm being 100% serious about that. The very worst. We paid money for that guy and paid him wages, which is a complete disgrace. I'd take Chimbonda over him any day. Not saying we should do it but the stupidest thing I ever read was Santos is starting for Arsenal.

JonasTC
08-08-2013, 12:02 AM
We could probably get Diarra on the cheap, now the billionaire wants out of anzhi and most of their players are for sale.... Worth it? He did quite well for Madrid, but havent seen him play in the russian league.

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Lasanna Diarra?

After last time?

No way.

Globalgunner
08-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Seamus Coleman of Everton is a good shout for RB. Better than what we've got. 10m maybe Everton will sell. Micah Richards would be Good too, anything except the nonsense of Sagna at CB. A 5'8" CB ? only at Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Seamus Coleman of Everton is a good shout for RB. Better than what we've got. 10m maybe Everton will sell. Micah Richards would be Good too, anything except the nonsense of Sagna at CB. A 5'8" CB ? only at Arsenal.

Ridiculous exaggeration. He's 5' 9"

Globalgunner
08-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Ridiculous exaggeration. He's 5' 9"

That's only with his braids piled high on his head.

JonasTC
08-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Yep only at Arsenal... And this other team called Barcelona, dno if you've heard of them :)

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Not sure on what basis you make the claim that Arsene can improve players. Adebayor never improved under Wenger, he could still miss an open goal where he could see the stubble on the goalies face. He also had a clumsy first touch. Kanu was the same he had bags of talent but we remember him mostly for his misses. Hleb was another, who could dribble the whole back 4 but couldn't find the net even if his children's lives depended on it. Walcott, what can I say. Hardly better now than the 16 year old who joined us 6 years ago. Don't even start me on the keepers or our kamikaze defending. Wenger s entire resume consists of GGeorge Graham's back 4 and superb purchases in his first 6 years. He has not seen to change his backroom staff even though they have failed us for 8 years. Only the physio who left for England and Bould have come or gone in 16 years.

you're underestimating walcott's effect on the opposition. i know these things may not seem like much but they are worth millions, trust me. i saw it a number of times last year.

the best example was at the etihad. they had full backs attacking us all game but as soon as walcott came on for podolski im not joking the look on zabaleta's face, i wont forget it. nor will i forget the way mancini ushered him over and pretty much ordered him not to move an inch over the half way line. it's little things like that you can't put a price on. it scares the shit out of opponents and has an effect on their tactics. in the end as soon as walcott came on we bossed that game as city were pinned back into their own half and kos scored the equaliser.

the other example i can give is fulham in 2011-12. we bossed that game at craven cottage until wenget took off walcott and bought on rosicky. their fullbacks had been pinned back all game but as soon as theo was taken off they were given freedom to roam forward and guess what happened? we conceded 2 goals in the last 5 minutes. and lost :rolleyes:

as i say, little things like that you don't see but are worth shit loads. plus he scored a bucket load last season and has been one of the best wingers in europe (statistically) for the past few years. someone made a good point on twitter, if we signed theo with the stats he had accumulated last summer we would be loving him up.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Putting that theory to the test, what if a couple of years ago we (instead of Utd) were signing Ashley Young. Would we be made up about that? Do opposition fans rate Walcott? Hard to see why they would. Those little things you talk about, point taken, but they are easily offset by the fact the guy can't pass, beat a man or (99% of the time) shoot. It's his randomness that scares the opposition, not his talent.

Globalgunner
08-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Yep only at Arsenal... And this other team called Barcelona, dno if you've heard of them :)

And how well has that worked out for them recently.Defending is easily the worst aspect of Barcas play, hence they get Mullered by Real everytime they play., 11 midfielders do not a team make.

At Barca, they probably think even the tea lady can do job in defence. Besides where is our Messi........don't tell me...it's Walcott!.

JonasTC
08-08-2013, 03:07 AM
you're underestimating walcott's effect on the opposition. i know these things may not seem like much but they are worth millions, trust me. i saw it a number of times last year.

the best example was at the etihad. they had full backs attacking us all game but as soon as walcott came on for podolski im not joking the look on zabaleta's face, i wont forget it. nor will i forget the way mancini ushered him over and pretty much ordered him not to move an inch over the half way line. it's little things like that you can't put a price on. it scares the shit out of opponents and has an effect on their tactics. in the end as soon as walcott came on we bossed that game as city were pinned back into their own half and kos scored the equaliser.

the other example i can give is fulham in 2011-12. we bossed that game at craven cottage until wenget took off walcott and bought on rosicky. their fullbacks had been pinned back all game but as soon as theo was taken off they were given freedom to roam forward and guess what happened? we conceded 2 goals in the last 5 minutes. and lost :rolleyes:

as i say, little things like that you don't see but are worth shit loads. plus he scored a bucket load last season and has been one of the best wingers in europe (statistically) for the past few years. someone made a good point on twitter, if we signed theo with the stats he had accumulated last summer we would be loving him up.

Good post :) Not many understand this, but having walcott on the field, no matter how bad he plays, forces the entire other team to stay further back or else they'll get punished by his speed.

JonasTC
08-08-2013, 03:08 AM
And how well has that worked out for them recently.Defending is easily the worst aspect of Barcas play, hence they get Mullered by Real everytime they play., 11 midfielders do not a team make.

At Barca, they probably think even the tea lady can do job in defence. Besides where is our Messi........don't tell me...it's Walcott!.

Well since they have pretty much won everything the last couple of years, i would say it has worked out pretty well for them :)

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 05:46 AM

Brilliant post

KSE Comedy Club
08-08-2013, 06:09 AM

Same thing happened at the emirates cup.

We were destroying galatassary on the wings and got completely over run when wenget took off Walcott.

Then we conceded 2 goals and lost.

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Regardless of how he plays, he keeps the opposition defenders pinned back cos they are shit scared of his pace. The pace he's apparently lost :haha: but even if he hasn't, he still can't shoot or pass...:haha:

In all seriousness, you can sense the excitement whenever he has the ball from the crowd. In a way it is a hindrance as many such as NQ have been bought in to the "he's English and went to the World Cup at 16 so must be the best player of all time" hype and of course he isn't thus his detractors no matter what he does.

If he was foreign, he'd be loved by all.

Thankfully there are some who are much wiser

PGFC
08-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Any other lower league dross we can sign up?

What's Dean Windass up to these days?

:doh:

About 275lbs probably

Power n Glory
08-08-2013, 08:07 AM

:gp: Good analysis. Walcott gets way too much flak and he contributed a lot last season and the season before that. There are limits to his game and he’ll never be an out and out winger because his game is based on off the ball movement. I can’t see why Wenger doesn’t play him down the centre more often so he can drift in and out of pockets of space all over the pitch. He’d be the hardest player to pin down and cause a lot of confusion at the back. Henry’s unorthodox movement used to cause havoc and open up space for all the players around him. Pires and Cole would always find space down the left, plus we had Bergkamp dropping deep to confuse things even more and Freddie dipping into the box from right to exploit the gaps….it was beautiful. The team feels way too rigid at the moment we’re not getting the best out of several players.

Letters
08-08-2013, 08:23 AM
http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

:(

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Putting that theory to the test, what if a couple of years ago we (instead of Utd) were signing Ashley Young. Would we be made up about that? Do opposition fans rate Walcott? Hard to see why they would. Those little things you talk about, point taken, but they are easily offset by the fact the guy can't pass, beat a man or (99% of the time) shoot. It's his randomness that scares the opposition, not his talent.

walcott is different to young though. young is a 'get the ball and run at you' type player. walcott is a 'put the ball behind the full back and run into the space' type player. the latter can be more devastating. in fact having the latter is quite rare, who else does that? i can only think of lennon at the scum but he's shite. rarely do we see ashley young pin full backs into their own half and scare the shit out of them, he's much more possession based than walcott. for theo to succeed you need a good system to take into account his strengths. we've lacked that sometimes i.e. bayern at home when he was lumped up top against 6ft+ van buyten and dante. what's the point?

to balance the argument, ive also seen the worst performance ever by a footballer throughout my arsenal career and that was by walcott against liverpool at home in 2011 when we lost 2-0. there really isnt a word in the dictionary to describe his performance, so i'll make one up: FUCKINGSHITEWORSTEVERUSELESS. literally was diabolical that day, the highlight was probably when he picked the ball up on the halfway line and ran straight off the pitch with it.

having said that, statistically he's one of the best in europe. take a read of this which was written last summer, he's only got better since. he holds his own:

http://www.arsenalreport.com/statistics/scarecrow-how-theo-walcott-compares-to-the-best-right-wingers-in-europe/

and how does he fare against wonderboy at scum? once again holds his own. read the conclusion if you're lazy, this is league only:

http://www.eplindex.com/28256/gareth-bale-theo-walcott-stats-comparison.html

so i think he's doing alright. at 24 he's improving but he's maturing too. he was shocking when he first came but he's getting better. he's improving at a slow pace which is the problem as we expect more but in 2 years he could be our bale. fingers crossed.

Letters
08-08-2013, 08:42 AM
The game the season before last (or was it last year - it was one of the 5-2s) sums Walcott up in a nutshell.
First half he was just awful, a friend and I exchanged texts at half time saying Wenger really should take him off.
Second half he went and scored 2 goals :shrug:

He's a good finisher and if you play him in behind (which we don't often enough) no-one's going to catch him but running at players with the ball, he doesn't have the control or 'footballing brain' to bear players. If he did he could be a lot more effective but he's definitely got better. Not as quickly as we'd have all liked but he's become an effective player.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 08:48 AM
:gp: Good analysis. Walcott gets way too much flak and he contributed a lot last season and the season before that. There are limits to his game and he’ll never be an out and out winger because his game is based on off the ball movement. I can’t see why Wenger doesn’t play him down the centre more often so he can drift in and out of pockets of space all over the pitch. He’d be the hardest player to pin down and cause a lot of confusion at the back. Henry’s unorthodox movement used to cause havoc and open up space for all the players around him. Pires and Cole would always find space down the left, plus we had Bergkamp dropping deep to confuse things even more and Freddie dipping into the box from right to exploit the gaps….it was beautiful. The team feels way too rigid at the moment we’re not getting the best out of several players.

and dont forget thierry had a world class team around him. theo has had the likes of bendtner, chamakh, denilson and eboue to work with over the years. the invincibles had a settled core that were exceptional, quality wise. theo's had a team with a high turnover rate which means he's had to constantly retune his understanding with strikers, full backs etc. he finally found an understanding with RVP and he fucked off after 1 season. then he had to retune with giroud.

put theo up top in the invincibles team and he'd break wrighty's record quick time. i suppose most strikers would but theo would really benefit from an intelligent team like that, not idiots like gervinho who shoot straight into row z.

Özim
08-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Wright was an exceptional player, sorry but Walcott isn't at the same level and never will be, his finishing was exceptional and he scored a hatful of goals in a team with no creativity. He's a legend in my eyes.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 08:51 AM
The game the season before last (or was it last year - it was one of the 5-2s) sums Walcott up in a nutshell.
First half he was just awful, a friend and I exchanged texts at half time saying Wenger really should take him off.
Second half he went and scored 2 goals :shrug:

He's a good finisher and if you play him in behind (which we don't often enough) no-one's going to catch him but running at players with the ball, he doesn't have the control or 'footballing brain' to bear players. If he did he could be a lot more effective but he's definitely got better. Not as quickly as we'd have all liked but he's become an effective player.

that's something he can learn though and comes with confidence, and also mental attributes that only develop with age. he was a shy little timid teenager when he first arrived and sometimes looked out of his depth taking on defenders. it's slowly starting to improve and he's becoming more arrogant, which is good. i said from day 1 he needed to be more arrogant. i suppose we're all expecting a ronaldo or bale but sometimes players take longer to develop these skills.

on the plus side, if he was a ronaldo or bale he would probably have pissed off by now and not signed the new contract, so perhaps it's good he isn't like them.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Wright was an exceptional player, sorry but Walcott isn't at the same level and never will be, his finishing was exceptional and he scored a hatful of goals in a team with no creativity. He's a legend in my eyes.

you've got the wrong end of the stick. im not comparing the two im saying if walcott was in the invincibles team he would get more goals, assists and would look better. hence would break records (he was just the first record that came into my head). he's working with a load of shit at the mo and has been for pretty much all his career, and the players you work with affect how you play. you're only as good as your team mates and theo's has been damn right shocking.

in no way am i saying he's better than wright, that would be bloody stupid. wright is a fucking legend.

LDG
08-08-2013, 08:54 AM

King of the world, tbf.

Özim
08-08-2013, 08:56 AM
you've got the wrong end of the stick. im not comparing the two im saying if walcott was in the invincibles team he would get more goals, assists and would look better. hence would break records (he was just the first record that came into my head). he's working with a load of shit at the mo and has been for pretty much all his career, and the players you work with affect how you play. you're only as good as your team mates and theo's has been damn right shocking.

in no way am i saying he's better than wright, that would be bloody stupid. wright is a fucking legend.
Fair enough, just checking ;)

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Was comparing Young not on the basis of how he plays in comparison to Walcott but more as a mythical talent. The idea of Young was a lot bigger than the reality that unfolded. Same with Walcott, he's still surfing on all that potential he had when he joined and on that England call-up as the next big thing. But yes, playing off the shoulder of the defender and getting in behind is what Walcott ought to be doing but Wenger doesn't play that way. Given how Wenger sets things up we'd be far better off with a player who could retain the ball, beat his man and get some consistent crossing going. The final ball has been our problem for years, when it used to be our greatest strength. The reason we've gone to hell in that area of the pitch is because the quality has dropped so sharply. I'd say it's not so unlucky Walcott has to play with inferior players as much as him being one of those inferior players. And now we're seeing the same with Ox who looks half the player he was when he signed.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Interesting how far Rooney's stock has fallen. It's all Bale/ Suarez, will they or won't they.

And in other news, Rooney is probably leaving too.

Munchies
08-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Interesting how far Rooney's stock has fallen. It's all Bale/ Suarez, will they or won't they.

And in other news, Rooney is probably leaving too.

I guess its just due to the in-fighting at Liverpool, and with Bale being a world record bid that the Rooney deal is given less air-time.

He'll still command a massive fee of around £30m+ when he does leave

Munchies
08-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Nevermind, it was all usual BS

Cesc spoke to Tito last season and asked to go. It was agreed he could talk to AFC. Afterwards they demanded he do it publicly.

I can't go into it all, but if you consider why United kept bidding, it'll make sense of what Cesc's people were trying to do.

Not that I know of. It was always delayed for a reason (at our end), but Barça are being difficult with Cesc. We do have…
…something in the works to prompt Barça to change their mind about Cesc to speaking publicly, but I can't really talk about it.

Two reasons: 1. They don't have to pay any outstanding payments on his sign-on fee; 2. Club want him to take the blame for going.

https://twitter.com/WayneGooney18

The new GeoffArsenal

Nayan
08-08-2013, 11:00 AM
30mio is less than 51mio is less than 100+mio.

ergo he is not that good - obviously

Nayan
08-08-2013, 11:01 AM

plus even though his talkshow was crap walcott wouldnt be anywhere near that

LDG
08-08-2013, 11:47 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2013/08/flamini-training-at-arsenal/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Flamini returns??

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Hope so.

Very good squad player who became a vital player

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 11:52 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2013/08/flamini-training-at-arsenal/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Flamini returns??

Free? A must get then.

Ralpheroo72
08-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Free? A must get then.

A free would be little bit expensive for us, let us sit in limbo and wait til the price drops

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 12:11 PM
i think flamini is taking a hedonistic approach i.e. ask to train with arsenal, put in a real shift to prove he still has what it takes and hopefully get a contract. it's exactly what he done in summer 07 when there were rumours wenger wanted a DM. well up popped flamini after putting in a shift in a brilliant pre-season and wenger decided against it, although we got diarra on the last day i think for depth purposes.

i suspect he's trying to do the same now. anyone know if he was any good in the games he actually played for milan last year?

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Must have been if Milan offered him a new contract.

Boss
08-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Flamini + Bendtner = recipe for success.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Flamini/Rosicky/Hleb/Fabregas dream team is not far away.

LDG
08-08-2013, 12:59 PM
He loves his signing on fees does Flams.

Fist of Lehmann
08-08-2013, 01:07 PM
i think flamini is taking a hedonistic approach...

Errrrr...

LDG
08-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Errrrr...

##

LDG
08-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Arsenal's progress in the transfer market is moving 'slowly but surely' according to manager Arsene Wenger, who assured supporters that he is ready to 'spend the money' necessary to land top players before the end of the month.

The Gunners have missed out on Gonzalo Higuain and are being frustrated in their attempts to land Liverpool's Luis Suarez.

Higuain opted to leave Real Madrid for Napoli after lengthy discussions over a switch to north London, while Yaya Sanogo - a free transfer from Auxerre - is the only new signing through the Emirates' doors.

Arsene Wenger revealed he's found this summer difficult but is ready to spend
Wenger, however, remains convinced that the club can attract quality players to the club, even though it has been harder than he initially expected.

'We try and get what we want; if that doesn’t work we will look somewhere else,' he said in an interview with Al Jazeera Sport.

'The clubs with talented players don’t want to lose them.

The protracted move for Luis Suarez is stalling Arsenal's business
'Some clubs acted very early so the choices were reduced and there is more competition coming from France with Paris St Germain, who buy big players for huge amounts of money, so it’s tough, difficult and slow.

'I can assure the fans we will try very hard to keep them happy. We are certainly ready to spend the money, but the process is going slowly, but surely.'

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis has talked up the 'financial power' of Arsenal this summer and they have been vocal in their pursuit of Suarez.

A bid of £40,000,001 was thought to trigger a clause in the Uruguayan's contract, but that was something stringently rebuffed by the Merseyside club, who rejected the offer out of hand.

The saga looks set to continue, and Wenger has admitted to being on 'standby' for any further developments in the striker's dispute with Liverpool.

Wenger missed out on Gonzalo Higuain (left) who joined Napoli
Any players Wenger wants to play in the Champions League play-off later this month will have to be registered with UEFA by August 12 and he wants to move swiftly.

They could be close to capturing another striker though. The agent of Ciprian Marica has claimed that the former Schalke striker - released at the end of last season - is close to joining. The 27-year-old Romanian international scored five goals for the German club in 34 Bundesliga games.

Arsenal have also handed trials to midfielders Sebastian Perez, 20, of Atletico Nacional and Alharbi El Jadeyaoui, 26, of Angers.

You gotta have some nerve, Arsene!

:lol:

Fist of Lehmann
08-08-2013, 01:16 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3qb3e5.jpg

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 01:24 PM
The agent of Ciprian Marica has claimed that the former Schalke striker - released at the end of last season - is close to joining.

If this is true why do we need Suarez?

We've got Ciprian Marica,
We've got Ciprian Marica,
La la la la...

Munchies
08-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Must be awesome to receive these wage-packets from Wenger and the board, do fuck all and get paid. Reach out to me Wenger you cunt.

He couldn't cut it in the Bundesliga, worse record than Bendtner, and is joining us .

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Must have been if Milan offered him a new contract.

that's what i thought.

dirty jack shoving players and flamini crunching them

must get

Nayan
08-08-2013, 01:36 PM
lets get amoury bischoff back

Munchies
08-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Flamini can fuck off, don't want the cunt back.

Next thing, Hleb will ask to train aswell :lol:

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 01:37 PM

It is not easy to get these players as well you know.

Munchies
08-08-2013, 01:38 PM

The guy with no knees :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDBLSUKJiDY

Nayan
08-08-2013, 01:41 PM
quincy awoo-sah abongo

fuggedaboudeed

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Flamini can fuck off, don't want the cunt back.

Next thing, Hleb will ask to train aswell :lol:

Why?

Munchies
08-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Fucking hell, that Kroenke/Wenger video is still as hilarious as ever :haha:

Munchies
08-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Why?

The way he left

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 01:47 PM
The way he left

By seeing out his contract?

Left on better terms than Cesc and I believe you'd take that cunt back

Nayan
08-08-2013, 01:48 PM
cant be as bad as the way suarez, is leaving or cesc/ RVP left
plus he had reason to feel pissed when he helped arsenal keep all those clean sheets to the final then got dumped in favour of ashley fucking cole - who llest we forget taopped up chelsea, feigned injury all season, played shit in that final and then left for stamford bridge.

plus wenger ws about to give him away to birmingham city before he realised he was actually pretty good.
great effort wenger.

you mug

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2013, 01:51 PM
cant be as bad as the way suarez, is leaving or cesc/ RVP left
plus he had reason to feel pissed when he helped arsenal keep all those clean sheets to the final then got dumped in favour of ashley fucking cole - who was shit.

as much of a cunt as ashley cole is, hes one of the greatest left backs to have played. so dropping a makeshift left back for a world class one was absoutly the right thing to do

Marc Overmars
08-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Flamini is a good work horse and was arguably our most consistent performer during the fabled 07/08 season, not really sure we need him now though and I don't think getting another cheap option in would go down well.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Flamini is a good work horse and was arguably our most consistent performer during the fabled 07/08 season, not really sure we need him now though and I don't think getting another cheap option in would go down well.

We don't need a combative midfielder?....why who have we got?

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2013, 03:40 PM

ramsey

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 03:42 PM

frimpong

PGFC
08-08-2013, 03:43 PM

Gunnersaurus

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-08-2013, 03:44 PM
ramsey

I'm sorry...bit cruel of me i thought i'd give someone enough rope to hang themselves with.
But seriously though.....we clearly don't have a competent combative central midfielder.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 03:44 PM

olsson

Marc Overmars
08-08-2013, 03:45 PM

Sure we could do with one but I don't think Flamini is that good anyway.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry...bit cruel of me i thought i'd give someone enough rope to hang themselves with.
But seriously though.....we clearly don't have a competent combative central midfielder.

yeah we do, zelalem

ive been told he can crack a coconut with his ballsack, if that's not being combative i'm not sure what is :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-08-2013, 03:49 PM
yeah we do, zelalem

ive been told he can crack a coconut with his ballsack, if that's not being combative i'm not sure what is :bow:

Not sure if that qualifies as combative....maybe he has concrete testicles...some kind of calcification.

fakeyank
08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Just thought I'd drop by and :ilt:

Boss
08-08-2013, 04:12 PM
16:22 BST: SportsDirect News reports that former Middlesbrough striker Jeremie Aliadiere is close to a £5 million move to Lyon, as the French club line up a replacement for Newcastle United target Bafetimbi Gomis.

Might as well.

Sign him up, Arsene.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2013, 04:14 PM
That's quite a turn around for him.

Master Splinter
08-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Reverse Wengeritis :bow:.

Quincy to Barca next?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 05:02 PM
:bow: Sitiregnew.

GP
08-08-2013, 05:03 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gervinho-completes-transfer-to-roma

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 05:08 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Munchies
08-08-2013, 05:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VkylVNa.gif

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2013, 05:16 PM
shame it never worked out for him here, i reckon he will do well though in Roma. he always tried hard, gave 100% and never moaned. wasnt good enough for us, but he gave 100% so i wont complain. good luck

Marc Overmars
08-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Bye.

GP
08-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Never as bad as he was made out to be, just not good enough for us.

Munchies
08-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Yep, can't fault him, he tried his best (which wasn't good enough to be fair) but I wish him the best for the future.

If he ever returns to the Emirates, he'll be given a friendly reception.

That forehead :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 05:20 PM
At least he has made the decision to move on early, rather than stay where it wasn't working I suppose.

Gervais. :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
08-08-2013, 05:21 PM
was a most infuriating player.....could dribble the entire length of the pitch, getting by everyone with much ease, only to end up looking like a rifle with the firing pin removed.

wish him all the best at Roma none-the-less.

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2013, 05:23 PM
he's also supposdly taken a 25k a week pay cut to join them. fair play to him. wants to play football not just earn cash.

bentner, take note you cunt

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Squillaci
Denilson
Gervinho
Mannone
Arshavin
Santos
Djourou

well done arsenal

JonasTC
08-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Amazing that we've managed to get with most of our deadwood this transfer window... Maybe next year we'll learn to sign a player :D

Good luck to Gervinho tho, if he one day learns to shoot/pass/cross he will be the best player in the world.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Squillaci
Denilson
Gervinho
Mannone
Arshavin
Santos
Djourou

well done arsenal

If only Ramsey and Bendtner were on that list and Djourou was gone permenantly instead of on loan than i'd be even happier.

That said if the rumours about Miquel going out on loan are true than we clearly need to sign a defender pronto....which means Wenger paying above what he thinks a player is worth.

We really are at bare bones now, the wage bill should have been cleared enough for us to make proper signings because transfers fees aren't the true cost of bringing in a player.

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Never as bad as he was made out to be, just not good enough for us.

Is Theo gone?

bunsco
08-08-2013, 07:48 PM
I think Suarez would deserve the contempt from Liverpool fans should he join us. You can't expect their fans to understand the move after he cited the media as a reason for wanting out, only to then want to join another club in the same country. They also staunchly stuck by him and made themselves look silly in the process, even when he was clearly in the wrong, but they did it anyway because he was one of their own. He owes them a lot in truth.

He's a **** but hopefully he'll be our **** soon.

You not seeing a pattern here!

Ajax then Liverpool who have shown him unbelievable backing...

Add the baggage, which we are almost guaranteed to get a large dose of - this is what you want us to spend 40+million for!?!

Could buy poison for a whole lot less.

Özim
08-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Squillaci
Denilson
Gervinho
Mannone
Arshavin
Santos
Djourou

well done arsenal
Yeah good job getting rid of players that weren't good enough.

Just a shame we don't seem interested in replacing them, maybe Wenger is trying to put together the youngest smallest squad in PL history?

Özim
08-08-2013, 07:54 PM
You not seeing a pattern here!

Ajax then Liverpool who have shown him unbelievable backing...

Add the baggage, which we are almost guaranteed to get a large dose of - this is what you want us to spend 40+million for!?!

Could buy poison for a whole lot less.
Spot on the guy is not worth the trouble, can't stand players like him and for the money he's going to cost it seems total ridiculous we'd be interested. I don't want players like him here, I'd prefer to see us signing a few less expensive quality players who aren't trouble.

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Yeah good job getting rid of players that weren't good enough.

Just a shame we don't seem interested in replacing them, maybe Wenger is trying to put together the youngest smallest squad in PL history?

Shut up.

I'm sure Wenger will replace them with plenty of players that aren't good enough.

Özim
08-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Didn't mind Gervinho that much, at least he had some ability even if his finishing was poor.

Good luck to the guy hope he succeeds in Rome.

Another 8 million in the bank CHA-CHING! Wenger's must rubbing his hands together thinking it's payrise time next summer when record profits are announced!

JonasTC
08-08-2013, 08:23 PM
its quite "funny" to think that we were told that this summer we were gonna spend big... there's like 3 weeks left of the window and we're +10mil on our transfer budget so far.

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 08:24 PM
We are a laughing stock

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 08:32 PM
its quite "funny" to think that we were told that this summer we were gonna spend big... there's like 3 weeks left of the window and we're +10mil on our transfer budget so far.

£10mill can buy a lot - the boys probably will spend very big. Holidays, whores, brandy, cigars, hair transplants.

Munchies
08-08-2013, 08:35 PM
3 weeks till the window closes....

Nearly a week till the new season ffs

Japan Shaking All Over
08-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Didn't mind Gervinho that much, at least he had some ability even if his finishing was poor.

Good luck to the guy hope he succeeds in Rome.

Another 8 million in the bank CHA-CHING! Wenger's must rubbing his hands together thinking it's payrise time next summer when record profits are announced!

this....even though he took me to the cleaners all those times I tried to defend him with some absolute woeful moments....good luck anyway

LDG
08-08-2013, 09:11 PM
The Express going with story about Gundogan :rolleyes:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/420375/Arsenal-planning-20m-bid-for-Borussia-Dortmund-star-Ilkay-Gundogan

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-08-2013, 09:14 PM

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/420375/Arsenal-planning-20m-bid-for-Borussia-Dortmund-star-Ilkay-Gundogan

20m?...for Gundogan in this fucked up transfer market?

Where a player worth 30m is going to be sold for almost 100m?

Unlikely

GP
08-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Great player, but he's not leaving Dortmund.

LDG
08-08-2013, 09:21 PM
The market is little bit constricted. We try, but there is no market. Not even super supermarket.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-08-2013, 09:24 PM
The market is little bit constricted. We try, but there is no market. Not even super supermarket.

Moyes' credit card keeps getting declined, Pellegrini is stuffing his trolley with anything he can find, Suarez is at the self service checkout and Wenger is waiting patiently in the car park for the sales to start...

Japan Shaking All Over
08-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Wouldn't we better off just upping our bid for Bender?

I just don't get us at....(cough cough most of the) times, we apparently bid for a player, get told no and then hear nothing again!

I am sure we were not that far away for the guy, then there is Capoue, who WUMger obviously liked enough to bid for him in Jan, he is going for 11 to Scum was quoted 8s to Cardiff, not a sight nor sound of us!
We could take that as a sign we are going for someone better, Gustavo? prices floating around are between 8 and (in Express article) 15 - no doubt we will bid 7,999,999 and get told to FOff, all because we need that pound for the Suarez bid :doh:

Japan Shaking All Over
08-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Moyes' credit card keeps getting declined, Pellegrini is stuffing his trolley with anything he can find, Suarez is at the self service checkout and Wenger is waiting patiently in the car park for the sales to start...

more like he is waiting for the car park to be converted into a car boot sale

LDG
08-08-2013, 09:29 PM

Wenger.

Boxing day.

Next catalogue.

"It is something that interests me. We find it interesting"

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Gundogan. :cloud9:

Marc Overmars
08-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Find it hard to believe Dortmund would let Gundogan go but none then less, it's time for him to come home.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-08-2013, 10:01 PM
so many people coming home but not enough toothbrushes for them all to use

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Great player, but he's not leaving Dortmund.

All the more reason to bid for him. Wenger and Moyes are leading this stunningly stupid trend.

Grebbo
08-08-2013, 10:23 PM
You'd have thought the quotes from his dad in that article would prevent fans from getting too excited.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:24 PM

Funny, but Wenger is waiting around the back for the returns and rejects to be binned.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Funny, but Wenger is waiting around the back for the returns and rejects to be binned.

Wenget is at Aldi, the others are at Waitrose.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Wenget is at Aldi, the others are at Waitrose.

At Aldi negotiating a contract that guarantees the return of the pound coin he's about to stick in the trolley (which he found in the car park, otherwise he was just intending to use his coat as a sack)

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Aldi does some great ham tbf.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2013, 10:38 PM

suarez nibbling chocolate at the self-service checkout

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Wenger gets his meat from the bin at the back of the vet's, it is top, top quality.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:40 PM
suarez nibbling chocolate at the self-service checkout

Wearing his favourite slave bib.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Shitty pissy transfer window.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2013, 10:44 PM

This is true.

German ham. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Germans. :bow:

And yes I deleted posts referring to racism. You guys should know by now they'll be deleted. :lol:

selassie
08-08-2013, 11:44 PM

That sounds about right. Chasing a player that categorically isn't for sale. Happy Days :rolleyes:

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Liverpool and Newcastle United are all thought to be monitoring Santos 16-year-old forward Victor Andrade, who has been described as "the new Neymar".
Full story: Daily Express

Who?

Nayan
09-08-2013, 07:02 AM
That sounds about right. Chasing a player that categorically isn't for sale. Happy Days :rolleyes:

based on henry, cesc, rvp etc Arsenal assume the rest of the world operates on a 'no means yes' basis

LDG
09-08-2013, 08:36 AM
What a fucking shambles.

All that money we're supposed to have, and we've weakened the squad, not improved it.

Shocking.

Nayan
09-08-2013, 08:50 AM
in fairness, when gervinho left, the average IQ skyrocketed

LDG
09-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Here's what I don't get.

Owing to the fact that we're trying to, or have shifted, the vast majority of awful Wenger buys from the last few years, he must have realised that they were a pile of shit bought on the cheap.

Surely the struggle to get rid of Bender, Chamakh and co has opened his eyes to the fact that you can't win anything with shit.

Yet here we are again.

Driving me bonkers.

Unai Tea
09-08-2013, 08:54 AM
in fairness, when gervinho left, the average IQ skyrocketed

And the amount of money we have available to spend (but won't) went up from £70m to £78m. That's not bad

Nayan
09-08-2013, 08:56 AM
not only were they shit but we made then too expensive for anyone to take and are got stuck with them.
we literally* polished a turd

*not strictly true, but it sounded better

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-08-2013, 08:57 AM
And yes I deleted posts referring to racism. You guys should know by now they'll be deleted. :lol:

we will beat the system.

Nayan
09-08-2013, 08:57 AM
78 million kitty with gervvinho sale. almost enough for bale - and more likely than suarez

Grebbo
09-08-2013, 09:14 AM
He have supposedly signed the 26yr old French Ligue 2 player that we had on trial.

:haha:

Tbf wasn't Kos from Ligue 2?

LDG
09-08-2013, 09:17 AM
He have supposedly signed the 26yr old French Ligue 2 player that we had on trial.

Tbf wasn't Kos from Ligue 2?

Who's that now?

Grebbo
09-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Who's that now?

Alharbi El-Jadeyaoui

A Blackburn reject

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-alharbi-el-jadeyaoui-2135090

LDG
09-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Alharbi El-Jadeyaoui

Grebbo
09-08-2013, 09:21 AM
From that Mirror article:

Gunners fans will also be intrigued to hear unconfirmed reports that he shares an agent with Marouane Chamakh...

Enough of that, here's a video clue of what he did last season - be warned the 'highlights' part of the phrase 'highlights package' must mean something slightly more wide-ranging in France.

Still top marks for using a scratchy old vinyl record to provide the mellow-groove soundtrack!

GP
09-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Jabby El-Shawoddywoddy :haha:

LDG
09-08-2013, 09:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkmIoZCnnxE&feature=player_embedded

##

Basically a video of him losing the ball every time he gets it :unsure:

Grebbo
09-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Report: Arsenal to make €46million bid for French International!
Arsenal are readying a £42.5million bid for Karim Benzema according to reports in France from Le 10 Sport.

Le 10 Sport are an unreliable source called 'The Sun' of England by many. However if Real are really eyeing Suarez, Benzema may not want to hang about at Madrid, with Arsenal reportedly willing to offer over £40million for him.

No thanks.

Özim
09-08-2013, 09:45 AM
£42.5 million for Benzema :lol:

He's been disappointing at Real, don't think he's worth more than 20-22 million.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 10:22 AM
No thanks.

Excellent, another player we can't get and they even did the £40mill thing which means we still have £1 spare to get extra persuasive. Now that Cesc is definitely staying at Barca we should bid for him too.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2013, 10:25 AM

He's been disappointing at Real, don't think he's worth more than 20-22 million.

He has been just as good as Higuain has.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkmIoZCnnxE&feature=player_embedded

##

Basically a video of him losing the ball every time he gets it :unsure:

Saw that, a genuinely terrible player by the look of it. He'll fit in perfectly with our other can't pass, can't spell his name type muppets. Plus there's the Romanian nobody and some other 27 year old nobody from nowhere, do not forget we still try to sign these to keep the fans happy.

Unai Tea
09-08-2013, 10:41 AM
He has been just as good as Higuain has.

55 goals in 124 appearances for Benzema vs 107 goals in 190 appearances for Higuain...

Would have greatly preferred Higuain for £34m than Benzema for £42m.

Not that it matters greatly as we're not going to have either when the window slams shut

Cripps_orig
09-08-2013, 10:42 AM
I think our quota on shit French strikers are full

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2013, 10:46 AM
55 goals in 124 appearances for Benzema vs 107 goals in 190 appearances for Higuain...

Would have greatly preferred Higuain for £34m than Benzema for £42m.

Not that it matters greatly as we're not going to have either when the window slams shut

That's only league goals.

Nayan
09-08-2013, 10:48 AM

42m>32m therefore benzema is 31.25% better on football manager.
obviously

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 10:52 AM
We aren't signing Benzema. Which is lucky because he's a horribly overrated player. I'd rather have Giroud. Which is again lucky because that's who will be starting for us when the season kicks off.

selassie
09-08-2013, 10:54 AM
This summer has been an absolute disaster. Of course, Wenger has removed all the rubbish that he brought in...but other than that there has been absolutely no positives whatsoever.

We have approaching 100million to spend and we so far have managed to sign a crocked french u20 striker and have unconfirmed reports of signing some 27 year old Ligue Two Moroccan Striker who has never even made the Moroccan National team.

I'm starting to wonder if this is all deliberate in the sense that Wenger has cleared the rubbish and left the new man a heap of cash to spend next summer...this is assuming Wenger doesn't renew his contract.

Nayan
09-08-2013, 10:57 AM
We aren't signing Benzema. Which is lucky because he's a horribly overrated player. I'd rather have Giroud. Which is again lucky because that's who will be starting for us when the season kicks off.

I'm alright with that - his first season in the premiership was better than drogbas (who was playing in front of a better team, too)
its our overreliance on arteta, the paucity of defensive options and dodgy keeper I'm more worried about

Unai Tea
09-08-2013, 11:00 AM

It gives you an approximation anyway.

In any case, it's moot as we'll not be getting benzema anyway. There is a possibility that the stars align an we hand over a suitcase with £42 - £45m in it to Real Madrid and get Benzema in return and they promptly hand the same suitcase over to Liverpool and get Suarez in return (after a swift volte face by Henry). Same price for an inferior striker to Suarez and a good chunk more paid for Benzema than Higuain who is, at the very least, equally as good.

I think it's fair to say we've royally screwed up our attempts to bolster our team by buying a world class striker through our dithering and complete incompetence. It may be best to accept our abject failure in this area and push Walcott and Podolski up front, which is what they want and where they may be better suited anyway, and go out to find two high quality wingers instead to backfill. Add another central midfielder and defensive reinforcements and we have a chance to say we've improved. We could revisit the striker situation in January or next summer.

It'll never happen of course as we continue to be mired in incompetence which seems to hang around like a hobo's thick and palpable aroma of shit, sick and booze.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm alright with that - his first season in the premiership was better than drogbas (who was playing in front of a better team, too)
its our overreliance on arteta, the paucity of defensive options and dodgy keeper I'm more worried about

I'm starting to come around to the idea too. At least he wants to be here and isn't flashing his arse towards Spain every 5 minutes. We've already blown any chance to get a squad together that could challenge for anything so the goal next year is 4th again. Giroud is matched to our expectations, he's our level and nobody will be tapping him up so we could build some consistency to underpin our consistent lack of ambition.

Marc Overmars
09-08-2013, 11:11 AM
It's Suarez or nowt.

There won't be any top midfielders bought in to compensate.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-08-2013, 11:23 AM
It's Suarez or nowt.

right well im glad that's been sorted. close the thread mods.

Nayan
09-08-2013, 11:56 AM
It's Suarez or nowt.

id rather nowt.
And when do we ever bring in top anything?

Cripps_orig
09-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Suarez is arguably the biggest Must Get of all time.

With all the shite we have heard/read about having money this summer, the embarrassment we will feel if we don't get him will be at spud level.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2013, 12:10 PM
42 million for benzema? If you ever needed more proof that football is fucked, there it is

selassie
09-08-2013, 12:15 PM
42 million for benzema? If you ever needed more proof that football is fucked, there it is

Unfortunately that's the way the market is now Ollie and there isn't a lot we can do about it. We either pay the market rates or stick with what we have.

The thing with us if we are in desperate need of a quality striker and have essentially backed ourselves in a corner.

Irrespective of all that I highly doubt we will sign him or anybody else for that matter, it's highly admirable that we are chasing a higher class of player these days but if you don't pays your monies you don't get the goods.

JonasTC
09-08-2013, 12:31 PM

Even bigger proof, is 2 of the premier leagues (and worlds) best players cant get away from their mid-table teams, cuz they want 100mil+ for them (and they believe themself that their teams are amongst the worlds best, despite one of them not even participating in european competetions).

Özim
09-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Even bigger proof, is 2 of the premier leagues (and worlds) best players cant get away from their mid-table teams, cuz they want 100mil+ for them (and they believe themself that their teams are amongst the worlds best, despite one of them not even participating in european competetions).
Can't get away?

Suarez has been there 2 seasons FFS and signed a new contract last summer, I'm glad he can't get away, what would be the point in signing a contract otherwise......is it to make sure the club have to pay these f*ckers extortionate amounts and still have to when a player acts up?

He's their player, he signed a contract they don't want to sell, their entitled to do what the f*ck the like. If he wanted to get away he shouldn't have signed a new contract last summer.

You'd think he's spent half his career there.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Can't get away?

Suarez has been there 2 seasons FFS and signed a new contract last summer, I'm glad he can't get away, what would be the point in signing a contract otherwise......is it to make sure the club have to pay these f*ckers extortionate amounts and still have to when a player acts up?

He's their player, he signed a contract they don't want to sell, their entitled to do what the f*ck the like. If he wanted to get away he shouldn't have signed a new contract last summer.

You'd think he's spent half his career there.

http://nkayesel.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/the-rock-slow-clap.gif

JonasTC
09-08-2013, 12:39 PM
I think you missed the point :)

Özim
09-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I think you missed the point :)
Ok well you were making a point about the prices of players and yes I agree they are way too high, but when a club doesn't want to sell prices will always be high as they ultimately don't want to see him go (the price will act as a deterrent to any club).

It would be different if they wanted to get rid of him.

Letters
09-08-2013, 01:01 PM
The only point of contracts really is to ensure the club will get a big payout if the player does piss off.
It doesn't guarantee anything.

Edinburgh Gooner
09-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Sky are reporting that we are cancelling Chamack's contract to allow him to join Palace on a free. More deadwood gone. That havearsenalspentanymoney page should b in minus figures by now.
On another note, fiorentena are denying any deal for Cesar. Surely we should sign him up along with Granero.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-08-2013, 01:25 PM

Aldi?

Japan Shaking All Over
09-08-2013, 01:29 PM

I am not arguing against this (cos I am not 100% sure) and I know he went through a difficult time but wasn't he getting on the scoresheet fairly regularly ?

Nayan
09-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Sky are reporting that we are cancelling Chamack's contract to allow him to join Palace on a free. More deadwood gone. That havearsenalspentanymoney page should b in minus figures by now.
On another note, fiorentena are denying any deal for Cesar. Surely we should sign him up along with Granero.

cesar is goingn to west brom. part exchange for peter odemwingie

Nayan
09-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Suarez is arguably the biggest Must Get of all time.

With all the shite we have heard/read about having money this summer, the embarrassment we will feel if we don't get him will be at spud level.

if 'must get' is a euphemism for 'wanker' yeah

Unai Tea
09-08-2013, 02:02 PM
I am not arguing against this (cos I am not 100% sure) and I know he went through a difficult time but wasn't he getting on the scoresheet fairly regularly ?

He's had a pretty good scoring record the last two years, 52 in 102 games.

Asthmatic Kitty
09-08-2013, 03:31 PM
thought i'd come into this thread and see more of this: :beer::partytime::trophy::scarf::cloud9:

what gives?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8862340/transfer-news-marouane-chamakh-to-undergo-medical-ahead-of-crystal-palace-move

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 03:42 PM
thought i'd come into this thread and see more of this: :beer::partytime::trophy::scarf::cloud9:

what gives?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8862340/transfer-news-marouane-chamakh-to-undergo-medical-ahead-of-crystal-palace-move

We're all holding our breath until it is confirmed on Pravda.com

Any loose talk or premature celebration could jinx it. Please be very careful.

Grebbo
09-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Chamspak, what a cheb.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Good luck to him.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Good luck to him.

Fair enough. He never bad mouthed the club. It's just he's the second worst player we've ever had at the place. More of an indictment of Wenger than the non-player himself.

Boss
09-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Thank fuck that filth is gone.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2013, 03:57 PM
This was 2% away from the perfect Summer. :cloud9:

Gooner23
09-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Best news I've heard all summer. What a fraud this guy was.

Grebbo
09-08-2013, 04:00 PM
I bet we had to pay him a loyalty bonus as we cancelled his contract.

Best money spent this summer.

Only money spent this summer!

Cripps_orig
09-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Decent player who scored goals when given his one and only run n the team.

Wasn't seen again after.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Just 17 more players top go now and we can start ripping up the stadium.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Decent player who scored goals when given his one and only run n the team.

Wasn't seen again after.

When a player's that shit even Wenger gets the message. You are the last person left on the planet who thinks he was any good.

LDG
09-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Good stuff. Waste of space cunt.

I make that a full house on the must get clear-outs.

(Yeah, I know you all have your hated players, blah fuckin blah).

APART, from that shit stain that you can't get off with the toilet brush. One, N Bender.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2013, 04:12 PM
When a player's that shit even Wenger gets the message. You are the last person left on the planet who thinks he was any good.

Did I say anything wrong?

Marc Overmars
09-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Great job getting rid of the deadwood this summer.

Shame we've ballsed up the incomings though.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2013, 05:14 PM
We're in for Luiz Gustavo apparently. Spurious mention on the Guardian transfer rumours page though, so maybe nothing in it.

Marc Overmars
09-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Would certainly have him here.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2013, 05:17 PM
And we can get one over the Guardiola's.

Guardiola Bros. :haha:

GP
09-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Defensive midfielder, isn't he?

Interesting.

Munchies
09-08-2013, 05:29 PM
That inside 'source' Wayne Looney from the other day says we're finalising the Gustavo deal now, ~£17m

Munchies
09-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry was on my phone !

£17m he reckons

GP
09-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Oh, well, £17 is still awesome value.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-08-2013, 05:31 PM
And we can get one over the Guardiola's.

Guardiola Bros. :haha:

By "get one over", do you mean smash in the face with a pipe wrench?

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2013, 05:32 PM
By "get one over", do you mean smash in the face with a pipe wrench?

You know me. Not one to advocate violence but yes.

GP
09-08-2013, 05:33 PM
#VITA

Munchies
09-08-2013, 05:38 PM
GeoffArsenal said we're going after Gustavo, people saying he's full of shit , he deleted his Gustavo tweet and is saying to people calling him out to block him :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Sorry was on my phone !

£17m he reckons

You were on the phone to WayneGooney? I am jealous.

Grebbo
09-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Who the fuck is Gustavo?

GP
09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Who the fuck is Gustavo?

http://mimg.ugo.com/201101/0/5/0/163050/cuts/gus_480x360.jpg

Munchies
09-08-2013, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBu0E2UodUg

YouTube highlight

Marc Overmars
09-08-2013, 05:42 PM

Bayern Munich DM. Was very good the season before last until they upgraded this year with Javi Martinez.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Luis Suarez
Luiz Gustavo
David Luiz.

It's on!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Fair enough. He never bad mouthed the club. It's just he's the second worst player we've ever had at the place. More of an indictment of Wenger than the non-player himself.

No time for lazy players.....we can talk about confidence dip as much as we like the guy clearly made no effort to get himself into scoring positions consistently. Where as we can bemoan players like Adebayor, Bendtner, Gervinho et al who fuck up countless chances...this guy never had any chances because he was off smoking hashish in his conservatory during most matches.

GP
09-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Luis Suarez
Luiz Gustavo
David Luiz.

It's on!

Louise Redknapp!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Podolski is becoming like that, he could be on the touchline trimming his toenails and i don't think anyone would notice.

He obviously has developed a fondness for wiener schnitzel and cream cakes, which probably contributes to him not lasting 90 minutes.

Munchies
Reading up on this Gustavo deal, seems Wolfsburg are the only interested club apart from us. They don't even have champions league football. If Wenger is really going to go for him, surely we can get him ? Haven't seen him play that much, but he must be better than the pubber the spuds got.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Louise Redknapp!

'Arry being part of the Arsenal family. :sick:

We might all get free Wii games though.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Luis Suarez
Luiz Gustavo
David Luiz.

It's on!

We've already got rid of one brazillian who thinks defending is bourgeois!

Marc Overmars
09-08-2013, 05:54 PM
No time for lazy players.....we can talk about confidence dip as much as we like the guy clearly made no effort to get himself into scoring positions consistently. Where as we can bemoan players like Adebayor, Bendtner, Gervinho et al who fuck up countless chances...this guy never had any chances because he was off smoking hashish in his conservatory during most matches.

Yep. A sorry excuse for a striker.

At least Gervinho would get himself into promising positions before failing miserably. This guy was consistently on the periphery of games and never seemed to pose a threat, you just knew when he was brought off the bench when we needed a goal it was nothing more than a token gesture from Wenger.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Yep. A sorry excuse for a striker.

At least Gervinho would get himself into promising positions before failing miserably. This guy was consistently on the periphery of games and never seemed to pose a threat, you just knew when he was brought off the bench when we needed a goal it was nothing more than a token gesture from Wenger.

The irritating thing was when he started with us he actually gave us something we lacked, an aerial presence.....maybe he'll do better at Palace.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Reading up on this Gustavo deal, seems Wolfsburg are the only interested club apart from us. They don't even have champions league football. If Wenger is really going to go for him, surely we can get him ? Haven't seen him play that much, but he must be better than the pubber the spuds got.

We're nowhere near £17mill in player sales yet so this won't be happening unless we can sell someone.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Apparently Downing is off to West Ham.

Doesn't it say a lot when Sam Allardyce copies your transfer policy.

Anyway, I doubt we'd mind if you added £1 to their bid....

Harland
09-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Luis Gustavo? Waiting for Zimm to dismiss him...

Xhaka Can’t
09-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Whats the point - he'll have fuck all to do with our squad.

Özim
09-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Chamakh gone, what a terrible signing, always thought he was sh*t even at Bordeaux, took us long enough to get rid of him though.

Özim
09-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Don't know too much about Gustavo, all I can say is if he played in the Confederations cup I didn't even notice him which can't be a great thing can it?

Wouldn't be my 1st choice signing but beggars can't be choosers I guess, probably won't happen anyway.

If this guy cost 17 million though would rather we'd put that towards Bernard.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Don't know too much about Gustavo, all I can say is if he played in the Confederations cup I didn't even notice him which can't be a great thing can it?

Wouldn't be my 1st choice signing but beggars can't be choosers I guess, probably won't happen anyway.

If this guy cost 17 million though would rather we'd put that towards Bernard.bernard didn't play in the confed cup either

Özim
09-08-2013, 07:43 PM
bernard didn't play in the confed cup either
Yeah I know but Bernard from what has been said is one of the best talents in Brazil and is a typical skillful Brazilian.

Just didn't notice Gustavo so don't know whether he played or not.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2013, 07:54 PM
given Gustavo is a DM, not noticing him surely is a good thing in a team that won the competition ?

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 07:57 PM
If Gustavo is the first of four new arrivals, all quality, then great. But if that's all we're getting then so the fuck what, pointless transfer.

Take a look at our squad and imagine an injury crisis in line with what we are used to. We need A LOT of players this window.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2013, 07:58 PM
We should also double check which Gustavo it is. Wenger could well have found some pubber with the same name in the Swiss amateur leagues.

AKBapologist
09-08-2013, 08:07 PM
given Gustavo is a DM, not noticing him surely is a good thing in a team that won the competition ?

So much this

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Özim
09-08-2013, 08:10 PM

Or he just didn't stand out of course, like I said I don't know if he played or not, I know Silva played.

Wenger never signs the players I want though, he's just one big disappointment to me.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Good stuff. Waste of cunt space.

I make that a full house on the must get clear-outs.

(Yeah, I know you all have your hated players, blah fuckin blah).

APART, from that shit stain that you can't get off with the toilet brush. One, N Bender.

Shouldn't be so down on yourself!

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Or he just didn't stand out of course, like I said I don't know if he played or not, I know Silva played.

Wenger never signs the players I want though, he's just one big disappointment to me.

he might not have stood out, but you want bernard because he was brazilian so therefore must be skilful and you admitted not having seen him. this transfer is just the same, different player. you should be happy :)