PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

fakeyank
19-08-2013, 06:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4uDTII5.gif

Time to bring in the players!

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 06:37 PM
We're all here wondering how bad the trolley dash will be this time, so wouldn't surprise me if our only further business is selling Cazorla to the spuds.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Cabaye, decent player and better than anyone we ave.

Not my first choice but we can forget any major signings

fakeyank
19-08-2013, 06:43 PM
http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/08/arsenal-fans-group-writes-open-letter-to-ivan-gazidis/

Very good letter. Will be used to wipe Gazidis ass though

Master Splinter
19-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Arsene "Lowball
" FC in full effect, 10mill for Cabaye, lol! Isn't that what Newcastle paid for him a couple of years back? I swear Arsene is trying to piss off as many clubs in the league as possible!!!

This one is dead now as it doesn't meet Arsene's "Valuation" for ze Player!

Newcastle got him for less than £5m, so they should be happy we're more than doubling his value!

He's a good player, and a good scrote. Not someone special, but with Arteta injured and with Wilshere, Rosicky and Diaby difficult to rely on, he'd be a good signing. You'd think we'd be in for a defensive midfielder in addition to him too, but that's probably going too far.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Let's not assume we have signed him yet. With a batting average of zero point zero percent I'd be cautious. That's discounting YoYo Sanwhogo which is pretty easy to do.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Lady Bracewell-Smith appeared to share the frustration of fans that Arsenal’s healthy bank balance has yet to be utilised in the transfer market, with a squad hampered by injuries and lack of reinforcements going down 3-1 at home to Villa.

In tweets later deleted from her account, she claimed her decision to sell her stake in the club to Kroenke in 2011 had been a mistake,

She also called for former chief executive David Dein to return to the club and demanded a greater role for shareholder Alisher Usmanov.

‘What a shame the board recommended a Kroenke takeover and paid Rothchilds 3m fee,’ she wrote.

‘And how deeply I regret selling to Kroenke. Bring David Dein and give Usmanov representation on the board if we are to have success going forward.’
Well said love

:bow:

GP
19-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Bit late though.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Well said love

I can smell the rancid mixture of cointreau and penis on her breath from here....bitter old soak.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Pardew is such a fucking cunt. He's trying to make it sound like we've bid for him on the eve of a game just to unsettle him, that's why he's been left out.

:haha:

Cripps_orig
19-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Tbf Newcastle are our main rivals

GP
19-08-2013, 07:39 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 59s
Cabaye travelled with #nufc squad to Manchester but returned home as not in right frame of mind after Sunday's £10m #afc bid #bbcfootball

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Giroud's brother. :bow:

Sign him up.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 07:42 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 59s
Cabaye travelled with #nufc squad to Manchester but returned home as not in right frame of mind after Sunday's £10m #afc bid #bbcfootball

"No boss please don't send me there..."

Özim
19-08-2013, 07:45 PM

:lol:

Unai Tea
19-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Tbf Newcastle are our main rivals

main rivals for most inept team of the year

Gooner23
19-08-2013, 07:52 PM
If we're not signing the player may as well piss off that twat Pardue in the process

selassie
19-08-2013, 08:01 PM

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2013, 08:28 PM
So ManU have been given the derisory treatment with their 16 mil bid for Felliani.......for the grace of god why are we not using that as a bench mark to go in for say 18-20+ - the guy is worth it, the release clause has expired which means Toffs can hold out for anything but we know they wont so just go and get the guy......while you are there throw in another 15 for Baines. Two sound players for half of what we were going to spunk on Suarez........then I suppose we can still bring in Michu

Can someone tell me whether Cesar has gone anywhere yet

Cripps_orig
19-08-2013, 08:31 PM
No he hasn't.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 08:35 PM
So ManU have been given the derisory treatment with their 16 mil bid for Felliani.......for the grace of god why are we not using that as a bench mark to go in for say 18-20+ - the guy is worth it, the release clause has expired which means Toffs can hold out for anything but we know they wont so just go and get the guy......while you are there throw in another 15 for Baines. Two sound players for half of what we were going to spunk on Suarez........then I suppose we can still bring in Michu

Can someone tell me whether Cesar has gone anywhere yet

We are in the waiting period. Unfortunately the waiting period resets every time we get turned down. Anyway, serious bids do not ensure quality. If we go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and say Baines is quality it does not mean the sardines will follow the trawler or Felaini's wife will suddenly be prettier.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2013, 08:39 PM
I read that Eiffel Tower crap from Wenger.

Did anyone get that?

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2013, 08:42 PM
We are in the waiting period. Unfortunately the waiting period resets every time we get turned down. Anyway, serious bids do not ensure quality. If we go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and say Baines is quality it does not mean the sardines will follow the trawler or Felaini's wife will suddenly be prettier.

Inspiring stuff.....

http://www.assetstorage.co.uk/AssetStorageService.svc/GetImageFriendly/721217073/700/700/0/0/1/80/ResizeBestFit/0/PressAssociation/F5446AA005397ACFE3C074F066096151/football-beach-cantona.jpg

Niall_Quinn
I read that Eiffel Tower crap from Wenger.

Did anyone get that?

It is too clever for us to understand. And the special tactics we are using this season that involve having no players are also brilliant and beyond our comprehension.

Japan Shaking All Over
No he hasn't.

:doh:

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 08:46 PM
:doh:

Why are you so fast to want a solid keeper? Yes, he might save goals and win points and steady the defence - but do you think we cannot win with the team we already have on the pitch? If we lose then we should have won, it is important to accept this.

Injury Time
19-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Why are you so fast to want a solid keeper? Yes, he might save goals and win points and steady the defence - but do you think we cannot win with the team we already have on the pitch? If we lose then we should have won, it is important to accept this.

...someone please order a hit on Wengers speech writer...I think he might post here somewhere...

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2013, 08:59 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lztun3DWJu1qjfeouo1_500.gif

Munchies
19-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Parses is such a fucking cunt. He's trying to make it sound like we've bid for him on the eve of a game just to unsettle him, that's why he's been left out.

Saw his pre match interview about the bid. Made me :lol:

It's not like we've had 2 months to bid for him Pards, Diaby was delivering the bid on foot up north

fakeyank
19-08-2013, 09:22 PM

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Goal Keeper interest:
http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2013/08/19/arsenal-viene-guaita/204347.html

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 09:30 PM
He had some amazing games for Valencia in the last couple of seasons, though he did put in a mare the last time I saw him. :lol:

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 09:37 PM
FFS just go buy Begovic. Prem proven, good keeper, would want to play for us and get attainable for £15m. Just fucking do it.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2013, 09:52 PM

:haha::haha::haha:

Munchies
19-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Marchisio crocked for 5-6 months, Pogba deal has no chance.

GP
19-08-2013, 09:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSDgBqQCYAAz-a-.jpg:large

gunnerrrrr
19-08-2013, 09:58 PM
This must be the most absurd summer under Wenger, and thats saying alot given the last 7 or 8 years.

The whole operation stinks of complete shambles, from the player development, to contract negotiation to new player signings.

How did it get to this. Bonkers.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 10:05 PM
FFS just go buy Begovic. Prem proven, good keeper, would want to play for us and get attainable for £15m. Just fucking do it.

Too easy! Do you have no ambition?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 10:12 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23760678

Unable to cut it as a manager, Arsene Wenger has decided to become a professional troll....his first foray has proven to be a resounding success!.

He's going to follow up on his debut with a bid for Mohammed Diame on Friday Evening causing Momo to knock on Big Sam's hotel room door in the middle of the night whilst he's knocking one out to a Rosemary Conely Fitness Video saying he's head is not right and he needs to go back to London....next day West Ham are trounced 5-0 away to Newcastle.

Özim
19-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Not content with making us the biggest joke in world football, Wenger now wants to make us the most hated as well.

Everyone hates winners though as we well know, oh wait :unsure:

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Pardew is a cunt and that has to be the shittiest excuse for getting trounced 4-0 I've ever heard and we have to put up with wengets bullshit all the time

Özim
19-08-2013, 10:19 PM
To be fair he said they lost partly due to the sending off and because Man City are a very good team, he didn't blame the defeat on Cabaye. Besides Cabaye didn't play which suggests our bid affected him.

Had we bid a decent amount I'd be all for it, but £10 million that's a joke of a bid and a complete p*ss take just like the £1 in the Suarez bid. We sure know how to rile clubs into not selling players to us, maybe that's what we want though.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Pardew is a cunt and that has to be the shittiest excuse for getting trounced 4-0 I've ever heard and we have to put up with wengets bullshit all the time

It's got to be the only thing Arsenal related that's given me any kind of pleasure in the last few days!

Cripps_orig
19-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Pardew :haha:

We did nothing wrong. We are allowed to bid for whoever we want seeing as we are in a little bit of the market.

Fair enough we're never getting him as he's not on a free or a post man but that's a different matter.

Özim
19-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Who gives a sh*t about Pardew anyway, more bothered by the fact we've made Newcastle more likely to not sell to us thanks to the insulting bid and timing.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-08-2013, 10:24 PM
It's a great shame you don't have a match with them coming up before the end of the window.

Wenger handing him an official bid of £10,000,001 as they go for the handshake would be priceless.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Pardew can STFU. Or not and get sacked. That'd be preferable.

Blaming us is ridiculous and not going to futher endear himself to the Newcastle fans that already think he is a fraud.

Özim
19-08-2013, 10:25 PM
It's a great shame you don't have a match with them coming up before the end of the window.

Wenger handing him an official bid of £10,000,001 as they go for the handshake would be priceless.

What's wrong with that, it's a standard bid isn't it? :run:

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Still no transfers. I can't believe with all the post offices out there all we can find is Sanogo.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Tories are privatising it, bastards.

Rors
19-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Tories are privatising it, bastards.

No no, they are merely 'enhancing business opportunities within the organisation'..!

<_<

Munchies
19-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Doesn't he have a 8 year contract ? Huge payoff is on the horizon for the cunt

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 10:57 PM
No no, they are merely 'enhancing business opportunities within the organisation'..!

<_<

'No top down reorganisation'. :lol:

Rors
19-08-2013, 10:58 PM
'No top down reorganisation'. :lol:

And yes, 'he' tweeted about our victory too... :( <_< Yep, still not over it..

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 11:02 PM
And yes, 'he' tweeted about our victory too... :( <_< Yep, still not over it..

Us either...

Cripps_orig
19-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Newcastle will try to get as much as £20m for France midfielder Yohan Cabaye, 27, after rejecting a "derisory" bid of around £12m from Arsenal, who have also made a bid for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 20.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is interested in Manchester City's Micah Richards, 25, as the Gunners look to solve their injury crisis - and has still not given up on Liverpool forward Luis Suarez, 26.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Arsenal are considering a £35m double bid for Swansea forward Michu, 27, and defender Ashley Williams, 28.
Full story: Evening Standard

Striker Olivier Giroud, 26, has made it clear that Arsenal's players are eager to see new signings, saying: "In my opinion, it's necessary for the club to recruit another striker."
Full story: Daily Mirror

Won't get either

Give it up with Suarez. Richards is better than what we got.

Not exactly signings to lift the fans.

Good to see Giroud admit he isn't good enough

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 11:22 PM
They haven't given up on Liverpool suddenly accepting a bid that was rejected flat out? We have some hopeful sorts at the club. Cabaye £20 mill? It's a joke we have played on ourselves. Michu and Williams won't do anything much and why would Swansea let them leave now?

It will be Flamini, he's free, he's already here, we can steal his car keys to stop him leaving if need be. That will be our summer business, Sanogo and Flamini for the grand investment of zero pounds and zero pence with a further zero pounds in add ons.

Munchies
20-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Another big headline on Daily Mail's site :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2397451/Arsene-Wengers-tired-formula-just-doesnt-add-anymore.html
How Wenger is drowning in Arsenal's tired old transfer formula... and why they have to pay an extra £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain plays 20 minutes for them

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/20/article-2397451-1B602449000005DC-162_964x407.jpg

Wenger’s detailed knowledge of every player’s contract even created an issue when Oxlade-Chamberlain was making substitute appearances for Arsenal last season.

Written into the England winger’s deal is a clause stating that Arsenal must pay Saints £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain appears for more than 20 minutes.

Incredibly a trend emerged, with Wenger bringing him off the bench after 72 minutes (v Stoke), 73 minutes (Liverpool), 72 minutes (Coventry), 65 minutes (Norwich), 76 minutes (Fulham), 86 minutes (Tottenham), 67 minutes (Swansea), 73 minutes (West Ham), 71 minutes (Swansea), and 75 minutes (Reading).

Arsenal’s accounts department were stunned to receive an email from Southampton demanding payment for the appearances, with the south coast club justifying their argument based on stoppage time.

Eventually Arsenal agreed to pay for the appearances and the story worked its way around the offices at the Emirates with bafflement among staff.

They know Wenger calls the shots, but he is slow to move for targets.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2013, 07:34 AM
If that's true then what a stingy fucking club. :lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 08:10 AM
If that's true then what a stingy fucking club. :lol:

stupid club if that clause in the contract "clause" exists.....

Letters
20-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Who gives a sh*t about Pardew anyway, more bothered by the fact we've made Newcastle more likely to not sell to us thanks to the insulting bid and timing.
:lol: If anyone else had done it - especially to us - you would be saying it's fine and teams can bid when they like, which they can.
As for it being insulting, Wiki said his transfer fee to Newcastle was undisclosed but according to Sky Sports it was £5m.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/player/4723/yohan-cabaye

How is £10m two years later insulting?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 08:22 AM
:lol: If anyone else had done it - especially to us - you would be saying it's fine and teams can bid when they like, which they can.
As for it being insulting, Wiki said his transfer fee to Newcastle was undisclosed but according to Sky Sports it was £5m.

Because PSG and Monaco have changed the dynamic of the transfer market and although Wenger is using it as an excuse i think he is right, in the current environment a player worth 10m will cost a club 20m, a player like Falcao who for me is worth no more than 20-25m sells for 60million etc
For me Cabaye is not good enough for us anyway....clearly he is better than Ramsey and Arteta who we are playing in the centre of the park currently but we need someone far and away better.....and really i think we actually probably need two central midfielders....one with pace to win the ball back for us in our half of the pitch (where we should have bought Luis Gustavo) and one holding player who can feed the more creative players in the final third (Fellaini) with Cazorla playing just in front of those two behind the striker.
Then we have squad back up in Frimpong (not really good enough for us but probably can get to the level where he is adequate cover), and Wilshere contending with Fellaini for the other midfield spot....Arteta and Ramsey sold......and then i wake up in a pool of sweat.

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:26 AM

Now I wouldn't 10 million is an insult for what is essentially their best player, what world do you live in? Yes he cost 5 million but that's when he was an unknown in France a bit different I'd say. Look what we paid for Gervinho and Vermaelen and Koscielny essentially nobodies, you can't expect to pay the same for a player from the PL who happens to be a clubs arguably best player.

We've been going around all summer putting in artificially low bids as well as strange bids, I said the £1 bid would p*ss Liverpool off and it did, look what happened with that. You go in for a player with a realistic bid, not a bid that's going to p*ss them off if you really want the player.

Letters
20-08-2013, 08:31 AM
The whole market's completely bonkers anyway. I live in a world where Andy Carroll costs £35m. :lol: It's impossible to value anyone sensibly in a market like that. That said it is what it is and we need people who can work and negotiate effectively in that environment and land players, we clearly don't.

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:33 AM
The whole market's completely bonkers anyway. I live in a world where Andy Carroll costs £35m. :lol: It's impossible to value anyone sensibly in a market like that. That said it is what it is and we need people who can work and negotiate effectively in that environment and land players, we clearly don't.
I'm not disagreeing about the cost of transfers, but it is what it is and £10 million for their best player when we pay that from nobodies from France and Belgium (a few years ago as well) is insulting these days.

You're never going to get anywhere with a bid less that £15 million IMO, they described our offer as derisory suggesting they find it insulting.

selassie
20-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Cabaye is off to PSG. They offered 15 million for him yesterday & he favours them over us.

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Cabaye is off to PSG. They offered 15 million for him yesterday & he favours them over us.

Can't blame him, so do Newcastle.

Letters
20-08-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm not disagreeing about the cost of transfers, but it is what it is and £10 million for their best player when we pay that from nobodies from France and Belgium (a few years ago as well) is insulting these days.

You're never going to get anywhere with a bid less that £15 million IMO, they described our offer as derisory suggesting they find it insulting.
They're going to say that aren't they? They paid £5m for him 2 years ago and while he might not have been a superstar he was 25 (i.e., not a kid) and a regular for Lille who were the French Champions. It's impossible to value players these days as I've said.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 08:47 AM

Good, hopefully as a sign of good faith PSG can sell us Sakho for paving the way clear for them...let the reign of the white midgets be at an end!

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:49 AM
They're going to say that aren't they? They paid £5m for him 2 years ago and while he might not have been a superstar he was 25 (i.e., not a kid) and a regular for Lille who were the French Champions. It's impossible to value players these days as I've said.

No it's not, I'd say he's worth at least 15 million in today's market, Newcastle don't want to sell so may hold out for closer to 20, fact is though as usually we massively under bid, seen it too many times before for it to be a coincidence now.

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Good, hopefully as a sign of good faith PSG can sell us Sakho for paving the way clear for them...let the reign of the white midgets be at an end!

Don't think they'll accept a £5 million bid for Sakho to be honest.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 08:59 AM
We need power and pace simple as in central midfield and defence....this was clear before the injuries started hitting is it's become even more clear now.

Diame from West Ham would be an excellent option if Wenger is still hand wringing about spending money

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 09:14 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17295576

If Wenger wants to save Money maybe he should be doing more of this, bringing in players for the next season before the close season so that the buying is over before the hustle and bustle of the transfer window.

Özim
20-08-2013, 09:18 AM
We only did that because we knew we were going to sell RVP, but yeah I agree.

If we'd done all of our business early in the transfer window prices would have been lower and we would have had a much bigger choice, we've dithered and no left ourselves with nowhere to go, a lot of the top players have either moved or won't be sold now, clubs will be reluctant to sell their better players now as well, unless they get huge money for them.

Wenger has kept saying the transfer window is open till September, it is but what a plank he is, I question his common sense sometimes for a supposedly clever guy he doesn't seem to have an ounce of it.

selassie
20-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Wenger has got us in one almighty mess this summer with his dithering & haggling. we're in a situation now where we are going to need to massively overpay to even add squad type players. Whether we like it or not clubs are not going to bow down to wenger & sell him their players at prices he dictates!

Edited to add: Oops, just saw your post Zim!!

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Sounds like Spurs are going to sign Willian.

£25m+ I'd have thought...

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Sounds like Spurs are going to sign Willian.

£25m+ I'd have thought...

That'd take their spending up to around £80-85 million. Funny that.

AKBapologist
20-08-2013, 11:19 AM
£35mill. I hope they do a leeds...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Özim
20-08-2013, 11:20 AM
FFS sick of seeing other clubs buying players. I f*cking hate this club sometimes!

Power n Glory
20-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Wenger has got us in one almighty mess this summer with his dithering & haggling. we're in a situation now where we are going to need to massively overpay to even add squad type players. Whether we like it or not clubs are not going to bow down to wenger & sell him their players at prices he dictates!

Edited to add: Oops, just saw your post Zim!!

Clubs know we're desperate.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-08-2013, 11:43 AM
SSN news had a quick thing in their transfer clockwatch saying roma director is in london to discuss a possible move of Lamela. Says spurs are front runners but that we are also interested.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Just had my truth serum.

You offer 10mill for Cabaye in early July and you might get him. That's why we're bidding now, that's why it was so important to string the Suarez deal. The latter also got us out of the Higuain deal - that was bloody narrow escape I can tell you. If the prices start to look ridiculous now (because let's face it they *are* ridiculous) then there will be enough fans who will agree with us - we can string those fuckers for at least another 2 seasons until pay day. The goal this year has been to cut the wage bill. We have done it. All the rest is a circus.

But now key injuries have come at the worst possible time, just a few miserable days before that damnable window slams shut. If it weren't for those pesky kids getting injured we would have got away with it. So now Flamini has to come in. He won't play for free (we asked) but fuck it, we still cleared £10mill in transfers and maybe £15-£20mill on wages. Not a bad summer at all. Champagne anyone?

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-08-2013, 12:01 PM
BBC also saying they're set to complete a move for Erik Lamela as well.

You guys are also linked.

:rose:

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Pardew fuming again after Wenger puts in a bid for his missus. And he was all set to get some last night before she cried off with a headache. In other news, Scots and Jews suing Wenger for trademark violations.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-08-2013, 12:18 PM
BBC also saying they're set to complete a move for Erik Lamela as well.

You guys are also linked.

:rose:

supposedly they have agreed lamella and willian. Also agreed is bale to go for 93m and they can buy coentreo for 15m. this is erm, from a mate that has a mate that works in the spurs finance dept. says willian is having medical.

believe what you want but that is seriously good business for them this summer. gotta say kudos totheir transfer team!

wish we had a team that bought players and/or struck good deals! and they havent even got CL football! FFS

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 12:29 PM
supposedly they have agreed lamella and willian. Also agreed is bale to go for 93m and they can buy coentreo for 15m. this is erm, from a mate that has a mate that works in the spurs finance dept. says willian is having medical.

believe what you want but that is seriously good business for them this summer. gotta say kudos totheir transfer team!

wish we had a team that bought players and/or struck good deals! and they havent even got CL football! FFS

And most important of all they haven't made the silly mistake of bringing in british players

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Another big headline on Daily Mail's site :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2397451/Arsene-Wengers-tired-formula-just-doesnt-add-anymore.html
How Wenger is drowning in Arsenal's tired old transfer formula... and why they have to pay an extra £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain plays 20 minutes for them

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/20/article-2397451-1B602449000005DC-162_964x407.jpg

Wenger’s detailed knowledge of every player’s contract even created an issue when Oxlade-Chamberlain was making substitute appearances for Arsenal last season.

Written into the England winger’s deal is a clause stating that Arsenal must pay Saints £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain appears for more than 20 minutes.

Incredibly a trend emerged, with Wenger bringing him off the bench after 72 minutes (v Stoke), 73 minutes (Liverpool), 72 minutes (Coventry), 65 minutes (Norwich), 76 minutes (Fulham), 86 minutes (Tottenham), 67 minutes (Swansea), 73 minutes (West Ham), 71 minutes (Swansea), and 75 minutes (Reading).

Arsenal’s accounts department were stunned to receive an email from Southampton demanding payment for the appearances, with the south coast club justifying their argument based on stoppage time.

Eventually Arsenal agreed to pay for the appearances and the story worked its way around the offices at the Emirates with bafflement among staff.

They know Wenger calls the shots, but he is slow to move for targets.

read that this morning with my head in my hands

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 12:31 PM

I agree with Arseblog's riposte to this silly article

The Verminator
20-08-2013, 12:35 PM

Ignore it, it's The Daily Fail.

It's just designed to get hits on their site and enrage people even more than they already are.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2013, 12:37 PM
FFS sick of seeing other clubs buying players. I f*cking hate this club sometimes!

I would say that itis complete mismanagement to not have your top choices nailed down by the start of the season.....the remainder of August could be made upof nabbing a couple of squad fillers......everyone knows we are fucked and will drive a hard bargain before we can get anyone. Cabaye would not have been on the radar if we hadnt fucked up the way we have, nor would Diame

FFS get Felliani for 20+ - try for Baines if you like.....I wouldn't mind Richards (because I am desperate now too) and Michu, who wont make us great but would probably do a job......even then we are short but fuck it WE ARE THE ARSENAL -what more do you fucking expect........I really want to shoot myself in the head......no job and having to watch these bunch of CUs ruin my life even further

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Ignore it, it's The Daily Fail.

It's just designed to get hits on their site and enrage people even more than they already are.

safety latch on (for the time being)

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Don't get anyone that doesn't dramatically improve the team. Every shit player signed now costs us a decent signing when the new manager comes in.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Former Arsenal captain Tony Adams says the day Arsene Wenger leaves the club is 'not far away'.

Wenger has been in charge of the Gunners since September 1996 but has gone eight years without winning a trophy, while Arsenal opened the new season with a 3-1 home defeat to Aston Villa on Saturday.

"To keep hitting the top four and qualifying for the Champions League is great, and Arsene has done such a great job," Adams, who wants to succeed Wenger as manager, told Zapsportz.com.

"But there is going to come a day, and that won't be far away, when Arsene leaves. One hundred per cent I'd like to be Arsenal manager. Of course my heart says 'yes, yes, yes', but my head says 'can I win with this current team?' My answer is no, I can't and I am not sure anyone can.

-----------------------------------------------------

From one mentally ill manager to another

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Sky Italia is reporting that Tottenham and Real Madrid have agreed a £93m deal
for Gareth Bale.

---------------------------

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise!

AKBapologist
20-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Apparently we're in for Casillas.

Özim
20-08-2013, 01:15 PM
:lol: No chance of getting Casillas, if we'd wanted him we should have tried last January when he wasn't playing, Ancelotti has made him number 1 again.

Jokers!

GP
20-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Casillas will never go to Madrid.

Unai Tea
20-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Apparently we're in for Casillas.

£2,000,001 bid to test the waters?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 01:28 PM
:lol: No chance of getting Casillas, if we'd wanted him we should have tried last January when he wasn't playing, Ancelotti has made him number 1 again.

Jokers!

Casillas was on the bench for their game against Real Betis on Sunday

Munchies
20-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Fucking hell, if the Spuds get Lamela and Willian, I honestly think they got a title winning squad.

I'd be happy if we had their signings at this stage.

But Lamela is the next big thing. £30m Lamela, £30m Willian, still leaves £30m from the Bale deal

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Hate to say it but spurs have done excellent business in the market this summer.

We would be so much better off with the signings they have made right now.

It's fucking sickening really

Grebbo
20-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Fucking hell, if the Spuds get Lamela and Willian, I honestly think they got a title winning squad.

I'd be happy if we had their signings at this stage.

But Lamela is the next big thing. £30m Lamela, £30m Willian, still leaves £30m from the Bale deal

Well no because they've spent more than £30m already before these potential £60m signings.

I agree they'll have a great squad if they sign these two. Luckily I don't think much of AVB or I'd have serious fears. They'll certainly have a much better squad than us though.

Gooner23
20-08-2013, 01:46 PM
If spuds can sell Bale for 93 mil and get Paulino, Soldado, Willian, Lamela and Ceontrao for about the same amount combined that's some seriously good business.

I would also fear for our top 4 spot more than ever before.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-08-2013, 01:48 PM
its just makes us look even more shameful.

Grebbo
20-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Former Arsenal captain Tony Adams says the day Arsene Wenger leaves the club is 'not far away'.

Wenger has been in charge of the Gunners since September 1996 but has gone eight years without winning a trophy, while Arsenal opened the new season with a 3-1 home defeat to Aston Villa on Saturday.

"To keep hitting the top four and qualifying for the Champions League is great, and Arsene has done such a great job," Adams, who wants to succeed Wenger as manager, told Zapsportz.com.

"But there is going to come a day, and that won't be far away, when Arsene leaves. One hundred per cent I'd like to be Arsenal manager. Of course my heart says 'yes, yes, yes', but my head says 'can I win with this current team?' My answer is no, I can't and I am not sure anyone can.

-----------------------------------------------------

From one mentally ill manager to another

So the world renowned manager that is Tony Adams only really fancies the Arsenal job if he can take over a great squad.

Gooner23
20-08-2013, 01:56 PM
God please not Adams. Great player but that is as far as it goes.

Laudrup for me, with Bouldy as his number 2.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-08-2013, 02:00 PM
If Spurs sign Lamela and William and somehow manage to keep Bale (I've got a feeling RM won't go as high as Levy wants) ....... well I guess we can kiss goodbye to the top four already. Not even Spurs would be able to fuck that up.

GP
20-08-2013, 02:02 PM
If Spurs sign Lamela and William and somehow manage to keep Bale (I've got a feeling RM won't go as high as Levy wants) ....... well I guess we can kiss goodbye to the top four already. Not even Spurs would be able to fuck that up.

They can't keep Bale, they've already spent the money.

Letters
20-08-2013, 02:04 PM

It's laughable really. As well as Wenger has done to keep us in the top 4 so long you can't keep ON weakening the squad year on year and get away with it forever. This summer we had no stars to sell so they did the only thing they could to weaken the squad - get rid of a load of players who, while being mostly 2nd choice, do at least add something when the injuries pile up. Now we don't have that and Spurs have spent well all summer.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-08-2013, 02:11 PM

Perhaps. But the extra revenue they'll generate from getting CL football next year would make up some of it.

Though it does seem a bit silly that they've apparently spent the "Bale money" already as that should weaken their hand in the Bale deal as RM should know that Spurs need to accept whatever deal there there is come the end of the window just to plug the black hole in their finances........ well that would be the case if RM and Perez weren't complete cretins and weren't so fixated on getting Bale just to appease the fanbase.

If they somehow get the quoted 93 million for chimpboy Levy has committed daylight robbery. Doesn't Perez know that RM is the only club that he'll go to and so he and not Levy should be able to dictate the price for him?

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2013, 02:13 PM
God please not Adams. Great player but that is as far as it goes.

Laudrup for me, with Bouldy as his number 2.

35,000,001 should get us Michu, Williams and Brian then?

Munchies
20-08-2013, 02:14 PM
If they pull off Willian and Lamela, it's shocking that we haven't at least gone for one of them. On the left we have Podolski, on the right we have Walcott, I don't see much depth apart from that. Also, the Ox is crocked for 4+ months and Gervinho has gone. Why aren't we after at least one? Spurs making a £30m bid for Willian while we make a panic bid of £10m for Cabaye just shows the difference of intent in the transfer market.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqjl4nRSorM

Spurs are signing him?

Injury Time
20-08-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqjl4nRSorM

Spurs are signing him?
Did Stephen Hawkins do the male voice for this? :unsure:

Munchies
20-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Bergkamp, Pires, Sol, Ljungberg and Vieira will be in the Fifa14 Legendary XI

GP
20-08-2013, 04:00 PM

Who?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Bergkamp, Pires, Sol, Ljungberg and Vieira will be in the Fifa14 Legendary XI

Don't understand why Ljungberg is in there.....one of the most overrated players we had at the club tbh

Globalgunner
20-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Don't understand why Ljungberg is in there.....one of the most overrated players we had at the club tbh

Freddie was great for a while but declined rapidly after 2005. Pity really because he had Fergies number on quite a few occasions for us. Twice the player Walnut is for instance. Back then Wenger could still spot a gem from a distance. I think he cost us 3m

GP
20-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Freddie's strength was he always knew where and when to make a run.

Of course, it helps when you've got Dennis Bergkamp playing perfect passes in behind...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Freddie was great for a while but declined rapidly after 2005. Pity really because he had Fergies number on quite a few occasions for us. Twice the player Walnut is for instance. Back then Wenger could still spot a gem from a distance. I think he cost us 3m

Disagree i think if Walcott played with the same players Ljungberg played with he'd three times better than Ljungberg was....and if Ljungberg played in this current side he'd look almost as bad as Aaron Ramsey.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Disagree i think if Walcott played with the same players Ljungberg played with he'd three times better than Ljungberg was....and if Ljungberg played in this current side he'd look almost as bad as Aaron Ramsey.

Unfortunately we'll never know how ridiculous that post was.

Kano
20-08-2013, 04:43 PM
no that was the first single, Bing Bang.

Power n Glory
20-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Freddie would struggle to get Walcott numbers in this current squad. Not really a dribbler and plays a similar role to what Walcott plays now but he had great service from al over the pitch. He's not really a winger.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately we'll never know how ridiculous that post was.

No i just think Walcott isn't as bad as you think he is considering he was our top scorer last season, and Ljungberg for me was a flash in the pan player. I don't rate either player particurlarly highly as it happens but whilst you have Wenger having Wilshere just running into opposistion players instead of spraying passes about and having all the passing come from Ramsey who can't pass you can't really fairly assess the accuracy of the run making of the two players.

Power n Glory
20-08-2013, 04:48 PM

I think we're on the same page except for the Ramsey part. We'd be better off playing Ljungerg behind the striker because he'd struggle on the wing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 04:56 PM
I think we're on the same page except for the Ramsey part. We'd be better off playing Ljungerg behind the striker because he'd struggle on the wing.

For the life of me i don't understand why people are willing to defend this guy, at the end of last season he was called a hod carrier....that's a joke when you consider Gabriel Agbonlahor just charged through the centre of our midfield without any meaningful challenge coming in from Wilshere or Ramsey. Look at the amount of 30 yard chipped passes he made on saturday that just gave possession back to them and we were under pressure again....i wouldn't mind if he was being harried on the ball there was never a villa player near him when he made his apalling passes.
Is Ramsey capable of passing the ball well?.....yes he is and every now and again he can make excellent long passes that i have to say even for a player i despise Fabregas would be proud of but it's so few and far between and between that he can't even get the basics right.
Also he has absolutely zero pace and the way we play the game we can't have someone protecting the back four who can't run.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Shakhter Borat Sagdiyev won i see

Power n Glory
20-08-2013, 05:01 PM
For the life of me i don't understand why people are willing to defend this guy, at the end of last season he was called a hod carrier....that's a joke when you consider Gabriel Agbonlahor just charged through the centre of our midfield without any meaningful challenge coming in from Wilshere or Ramsey. Look at the amount of 30 yard chipped passes he made on saturday that just gave possession back to them and we were under pressure again....i wouldn't mind if he was being harried on the ball there was never a villa player near him when he made his apalling passes.
Is Ramsey capable of passing the ball well?.....yes he is and every now and again he can make excellent long passes that i have to say even for a player i despise Fabregas would be proud of but it's so few and far between and between that he can't even get the basics right.
Also he has absolutely zero pace and the way we play the game we can't have someone protecting the back four who can't run.

:lol: I hear you. I just disagree about Freddie being anywhere near as bad as Ramsey.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2013, 05:04 PM

Would be funny if Madrid bailed though.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Jesus, this is how far we've fallen. Comparing a won nothing, can't kick a ball sprinter with one of the starters in a legendary team. Our standards are fucking low. Spend some fucking money and get some proper players in here before we all go mad.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 05:11 PM
:lol: I hear you. I just disagree about Freddie being anywhere near as bad as Ramsey.

Ljungberg could run and Ljungberg wasn't played in central midfield

Power n Glory
20-08-2013, 05:25 PM
He could play across the park. I believe he'd get games in the centre for Sweden. Wenger would also try to play him behind the striker for CL away games when Dennis wouldn't fly.

GP
20-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Why aren't we in for Lemela and Willian?

kas
20-08-2013, 05:33 PM
:violin:
If they pull off Willian and Lamela, it's shocking that we haven't at least gone for one of them. On the left we have Podolski, on the right we have Walcott, I don't see much depth apart from that. Also, the Ox is crocked for 4+ months and Gervinho has gone. Why aren't we after at least one? Spurs making a £30m bid for Willian while we make a panic bid of £10m for Cabaye just shows the difference of intent in the transfer market.

Totally agree, think ALL of there signings (Willem, Paulinho,Soldado etc) would walk into Wengers team. Does this mean a director of Footie as they now have along with a young, ambitious coach is the way to go. People talking about Freddy & Theo & Ramsey are ignoring what's going at the lane!

Marc Overmars
20-08-2013, 05:38 PM

No idea who Lemela is but Willian looks #decent.

Why we're not in for them is anyones guess.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 05:41 PM
:violin:

Totally agree, think ALL of there signings (Willem, Paulinho,Soldado etc) would walk into Wengers team. Does this mean a director of Footie as they now have along with a young, ambitious coach is the way to go. People talking about Freddy & Theo & Ramsey are ignoring what's going at the lane!

Because what's going on at the Lane is none of our concern, i can't think of anyone other than Cazorla or Koscielny who would get into the Spurs team at the moment....that they have strengthened very well is good for them but it's not really of much interest to me. We have spent too many years measuring our progress or lack there of against what they do.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 05:45 PM
No idea who Lemela is but Willian looks #decent.

Why we're not in for them is anyones guess.

Why should we play 30m for a player who has only ever played ukranian or russian football in Europe, for someone who presumably Spurs will play up front he isn't exactly prolific in front of goal either

Erik Lamela you'd think if we were interested in him we would have approached Roma about him when we sold them Gervinho.....why we aren't interested in him or the multitudes of other players who on the surface would improve our squad...ask King George III aka Wenger

selassie
20-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Too developed for Wenger?

No better than what we already have? :rolleyes:

Grebbo
20-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Day 2 of Supermarket Sweep and still no signings.

Munchies
20-08-2013, 06:23 PM
So far the supermarket has stocked the following:
Day 1 stock:
Pogba
Cabaye
Richards
Michu
Williams

Day 2 stock:
Casillas

Wenger will be allowed to shop on Sept 2nd
(Wenger trolly gif here)

fakeyank
20-08-2013, 06:43 PM
September 2 is going to be one fucking amazing day... cant wait for it!! :lol:

It'll be even more explosive if Sp*rs give us a right spanking at home! :ilt:

The Emirates Gallactico
20-08-2013, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6UHYfa3rLQ

Dale Winton :bow::bow:

GP
20-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Bit gay...

Also, PSG say we've been in contact for Sakho.

Munchies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6UHYfa3rLQ

Dale Winton :bow::bow:

Cash 4 golllllllllld :bow:

Munchies
Bit gay...

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/micared/dale-winton1.jpg

GP
20-08-2013, 06:55 PM

LDG :bow:

Munchies
Also, PSG say we've been in contact for Sakho.

Read today that he prefers a move to AC

Master Splinter

Best natural tan in the world.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 06:56 PM
September 2 is going to be one fucking amazing day... cant wait for it!! :lol:

It'll be even more explosive if Sp*rs give us a right spanking at home! :ilt:

2-5?

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Read today that he prefers a move to AC

Yeah we know he prefers a move to a football club.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Guaita is looking likely apparently. Although this is us so who knows for sure.

GP
20-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Any good?

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Great question.....but I hope you not expecting an answer to that cos I am sure no-one knows the answer

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Great question.....but I hope you not expecting an answer to that cos I am sure no-one knows the answer
I know the answer why we aren't getting them

We have Wenger.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Any good?

:popcorn:

Master Splinter
20-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Any good?

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2156&page=729&p=312974&viewfull=1#post312974

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Any good?

He's quite good. And better than we have.

As I said, last time I saw him, he did have a complete mare but all keepers have those from time to time. His best performance I've seen was against Real Madrid last year (April 2012).

Diego Alves is often picked ahead of him so it's only when injuries occur he gets a run in the team.

Grebbo
20-08-2013, 07:55 PM
He's quite good. And better than we have.

As I said, last time I saw him, he did have a complete mare but all keepers have those from time to time. His best performance I've seen was against Real Madrid last year (April 2012).

Diego Alves is often picked ahead of him so it's only when injuries occur he gets a run in the team.

So we're signing some team's backup keeper?? WTF!

JonasTC
20-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Soooo 10day-ish left of transfer window... Im a broke student and i have spend more on pizza this month, than Arsenal have spend in the transfer window. :banghead:

fakeyank
20-08-2013, 07:59 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8880495/arsene-wenger-insists-he-does-not-have-to-justify-arsenals-transfer-business

This guy needs to be euthanized... fo real!

fakeyank
20-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Soooo 10day-ish left of transfer window... Im a broke student and i have spend more on pizza this month, than Arsenal have spend in the transfer window. :banghead:

Even a homeless person has spent more on drugs than Arsenal

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:01 PM

Here we go the new Almunia, FFS sick of these dogshite signings, when will the f*cker learn?

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 08:03 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8880495/arsene-wenger-insists-he-does-not-have-to-justify-arsenals-transfer-business

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:04 PM

He's a complete joke to be honest, 20th of August and the muppet hasn't signed anyone and he doesn't think he has to justify this, he can f*ck off back to France as far as I'm concerned because he doesn't have a clue what he's doing or saying. He should be explaining his actions and poor performance, at any other club he would have to, alas he's so use to doing whatever the f*ck he likes he thinks he's above everyone else and always right.

It's time someone lost their rag with him and gave him some home truths, he would have got some if he'd come out and faced the fans on Saturday instead of hiding behind the cameras.

Arrogant little man.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2013, 08:12 PM

Diego Alves is very good too in fairness.

Munchies
20-08-2013, 08:12 PM
not justify signing anyone, what a fucking twit.

The fans have been mugged by this conman, his previous accomplishments are tarnished.

Spending fucking a minimum of £55+ on a visit to the stadium, pumping and playing a part in his £7m a year salary.

I'm beginning to think its more to do with Wenger and not the board regarding the failings at the club. They said there was money to spend in June. You want a player Arsene ? Say who it is. If the board doesn't live up to their promise, come out and say so. But it just shows that this bellend is the root of this BS

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 08:15 PM
He's a complete joke to be honest, 20th of August and the muppet hasn't signed anyone and he doesn't think he has to justify this, he can f*ck off back to France as far as I'm concerned because he doesn't have a clue what he's doing or saying. He should be explaining his actions and poor performance, at any other club he would have to, alas he's so use to doing whatever the f*ck he likes he thinks he's above everyone else and always right.

It's time someone lost their rag with him and gave him some home truths, he would have got some if he'd come out and faced the fans on Saturday instead of hiding behind the cameras.

Arrogant little man.

To be fair what he is saying is that he doesn't have to indulge the media's sense of morbid curiousity with how he has gone about one particular signing......and in that sense he's correct. I think he owes justification and explanation to the fans as to why he has been so poor in the transfer market this summer, and what has caused him to walk away from certain transfer targets (if it's because the player costs too much....than why would be money be an issue if the board are at pains to tell the media how well we are doing?)

GP
20-08-2013, 08:15 PM

You've spent more than €450,000 on pizza??

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:17 PM
To be fair what he is saying is that he doesn't have to indulge the media's sense of morbid curiousity with how he has gone about one particular signing......and in that sense he's correct. I think he owes justification and explanation to the fans as to why he has been so poor in the transfer market this summer, and what has caused him to walk away from certain transfer targets (if it's because the player costs too much....than why would be money be an issue if the board are at pains to tell the media how well we are doing?)

True but the media is the platform through which he communicates with fans, so in a sense he's mugging the fans off again.

Munchies
20-08-2013, 08:17 PM
I spent £1 on a iceland pizza today :bow:

Pales in comparison though :(

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:19 PM
not justify signing anyone, what a fucking twit.

The fans have been mugged by this conman, his previous accomplishments are tarnished.

Spending fucking a minimum of £55+ on a visit to the stadium, pumping and playing a part in his £7m a year salary.

I'm beginning to think its more to do with Wenger and not the board regarding the failings at the club. They said there was money to spend in June. You want a player Arsene ? Say who it is. If the board doesn't live up to their promise, come out and say so. But it just shows that this bellend is the root of this BS

Don't forget he said "sorry" so it's all good.

GP
I spent £1 on a iceland pizza today :bow:

Pales in comparison though :(

I quite like Dr. Oetker, as far as frozen pizza is concerned.

Niall_Quinn
I will not tell you what happens, you cannot know this, it is impossible. Only we know who we sign, you cannot know. You see the team, you believe you know but you do not know who is invisible, only we know this. And Sanogo can play there also.

JonasTC
20-08-2013, 08:22 PM
You've spent more than €450,000 on pizza??

Well, i kinda withrawed the 10mil we sold for so far, so i count is as not spending anything... Btw those 450,000, arent the "forced" because he is a young player and it has to go towards the different youth clubs he's been in? so we really havent spend anything.

Munchies
20-08-2013, 08:23 PM
I quite like Dr. Oetker, as far as frozen pizza is concerned.

Tried them once and they were fairly decent. Picked up a few last time they were on sale . I tend to only spend £1 on a frozen pizza, Iceland's ones are some of the best out there for a quid .

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2013, 08:27 PM
People who have spent more money than Wenger this transfer window:

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/Hot-dog-man-Custom-742025_zpscda91945.jpg

Munchies
20-08-2013, 08:40 PM
If only Abramovich took over us instead of chelsea :(

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/18/article-0-1B5A9577000005DC-823_634x451.jpg

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Tried them once and they were fairly decent. Picked up a few last time they were on sale . I tend to only spend £1 on a frozen pizza, Iceland's ones are some of the best out there for a quid .

http://s23.postimg.org/dc6arph8n/image.jpg

Munchies
20-08-2013, 08:47 PM
http://s11.postimg.org/bmvdjux3j/image.jpg

He needs to keep the £1's for his bids :lol:

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 08:56 PM
If only Abramovich took over us instead of chelsea :(

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/18/article-0-1B5A9577000005DC-823_634x451.jpg

He didn't come to us cos of the emirates project costing too much.

Stupid stadium fucked up more things than solved them.

Time abramovich came home

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:58 PM
He didn't come to us cos of the emirates project costing too much.

Stupid stadium fucked up more things than solved them.

Time abramovich came home

Another one of Arsene Wengers' clever ideas.

Stadium has been a disaster for the fans.

Munchies
20-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Highbury was also a better stadium in general, the view, the atmosphere. :faint:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/The_last_ever_game_at_Highbury.jpg

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2013, 09:01 PM
People who have spent more money than Wenger this transfer window:

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/Hot-dog-man-Custom-742025_zpscda91945.jpg

http://www.imperfectenjoyment.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/spliff.jpg

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Highbury was also a better stadium in general, the view, the atmosphere. :faint:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/The_last_ever_game_at_Highbury.jpg

Yeah but moving would make us challenge the bigger clubs for trophies and big signings.....

That's worked well

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

a view of Henry giving an imaginary cleveland steamer

GP
Highbury was also a better stadium in general:

No it wasn't. Obviously it wasn't.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 09:04 PM
to be fair both Spurs and Chelsea are still desperate to move to a bigger stadium

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 09:06 PM

It did have much more character than the Emirates but as for the atmosphere...i think people on here have very short-term memories....it wasn't called the Library for nothing

Munchies
20-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I guess it's just slight nostalgia hitting me now, but then again, we were supposed to be challenging with it. Nearly 8 years now. After the newcastle game, when Ratboy said now's the time for Arsenal to start kicking on, I genuinely thought we would :(

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 09:07 PM
It did have much more character than the Emirates but as for the atmosphere...i think people on here have very short-term memories....it wasn't called the Library for nothing

Cos it rhymed with Highbury?

No other reason and some clever clogs thought it would be funny and it just grew. It was no quieter or louder than any other crowd in any stadium

Marc Overmars
20-08-2013, 09:08 PM
The Emirates is a soulless pit however you can't compare 90 odd years of history and great memories to 7 years of frustration.

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-08-2013, 09:09 PM
to be fair both Spurs and Chelsea are still desperate to move to a bigger stadium

And we still have to pay for redevelopment of Anfield. Aha...

Frankly, if your balance sheets are accurate you could be one hell of a cash cow given your infrastructure, more than most others. But you'd have to have the right people in charge to take advantage of that.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 09:09 PM
€20m for almunia part 2

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4200660

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 09:10 PM
It bloody well was.....even during the unbeaten season there was five-ten minutes of chanting than nothing.... i've heard more noise in an underground car park during the night.

Munchies
20-08-2013, 09:12 PM
20mill :o

I read 6 the other day :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2013, 09:13 PM

I have a soft spot for Highbury......(still yet to make it to the Emirates)

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 09:14 PM
It bloody well was.....even during the unbeaten season there was five-ten minutes of chanting than nothing.... i've heard more noise in an underground car park during the night.

Same as any other crowd

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 09:15 PM
I have a soft spot for Highbury......(still yet to make it to the Emirates)

Seat up for grabs for every home for the next month.

Munchies
20-08-2013, 09:18 PM
A guy named Richard Law ( related to the dick that is Dick Law no doubt), is supposedly flying over to Spain to sort out the deal .

No chance :lol: , scouting him now on YT, but what's wrong with Begovic ?

Özim
20-08-2013, 09:18 PM
€20m for almunia part 2

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4200660

€20m for a backup pub teamer, no thanks.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 09:20 PM
A guy named Richard Law ( related to the dick that is Dick Law no doubt), is supposedly flying over to Spain to sort out the deal .

Too well known.

Almunia part 2 isn't so is a must get.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 09:20 PM
I loved Highbury but it was time to move on and to be fair i don't think you can blame the Emirates stadium for the current state of affairs, as it is we easily meet the structured debt repayments for what i suppose you can call the "mortgage" and we have pretty much paid off the construction costs.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 09:22 PM
We won't be signing a goalkeeper, but if we did i'd suggest looking at Guillermo Ochoa....a mexican goalkeeper....who fell off the radar until sunday night when i saw him in goal for French Ligue 1 Side Ajaccio against PSG where they gained a 1-1 draw courtesy of some outstanding saves from him.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Heard of Ochoa.

Better than any f our clowns

GP
20-08-2013, 09:28 PM

Richard = Dick

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2013, 09:32 PM
20mill for a second string keeper? What's the angle here? Are they money laundering now or something?

Munchies
20-08-2013, 09:41 PM
We're going to get Cesar on loan on deadline day :coffee:

*Wishful thinking*

GP
20-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Fuck bitches, get money.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSIlMNhIEAAZC3C.jpg

Money well spent :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 10:14 PM
http://klimg.com/bola.net/galeri/sonia_tatar/sonia_tatar-20101108-004-bola.net.jpg

Only one Woman for Wenger!

Munchies
20-08-2013, 10:24 PM
http://klimg.com/bola.net/galeri/sonia_tatar/sonia_tatar-20101108-004-bola.net.jpg

Only one Woman for Wenger!

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6268/tseeshit.jpg

But yeah, the french rapper :haha:

The Verminator
20-08-2013, 10:51 PM
€20m for a backup pub teamer, no thanks.

If we do this rather than signing Cesar on the cheap...:ilt:

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Maybe it's not a money thing at all with Wenger. Maybe he's allergic to quality. He signs shit for a fortune and ignores quality when it's cheap.

-Xs-
20-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Anyone we buy now would be a panic buy. Wouldn't trust him to buy anyone descent now.

Basically, we're fucked.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Arsenal could face competition from Monaco and Juventus if they pursue an interest in 20-year-old Sevilla midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.
Full story: Daily Express

Arsenal will attempt to strengthen their goalkeeping options with an approach to Valencia for Vicente Guaita, 26.
Full story: talkSPORT

Hardly the big names needed

Injury Time
21-08-2013, 07:28 AM
We're basically bin dippers, but we do it in black tie. :ilt:

Munchies
21-08-2013, 08:14 AM
According to the Daily Fail, we've asked to be kept informed of Willian's move.

'He's gone to Spurs' - Ok then

I_Killed_Kenny
21-08-2013, 08:19 AM
arseblog reports that our offer for the valencia keeper was rejected as being nowhere near their valuation!

cant even sign a 2nd string keeper!

this gets funnier by the day

Özim
21-08-2013, 08:20 AM
According to the Daily Fail, we've asked to be kept informed of Willian's move.

'He's gone to Spurs' - Ok then

:lol: What a bunch of losers!

JonasTC
21-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Our biggest rivals are spending 100mil+ this summer :s and we're spending nothing... First year we havent sold any of our profiles and still this is the first time i've actually been afraid we wont make top4 this year.

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Richard = Dick

Your face = Dick

Özim
21-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Our biggest rivals are spending 100mil+ this summer :s and we're spending nothing... First year we havent sold any of our profiles and still this is the first time i've actually been afraid we wont make top4 this year.

Actually the reason we haven't sold anyone is that noone wants any of our players, noone has made any bids or shown any real interest.

Letters
21-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Be fair, Zimm, we've done what we can to weaken anyway by getting rid of a load of squad players.
Onwards and downwards!
:scarf:

:ilt:

Munchies
21-08-2013, 08:28 AM
The thing is, if we got Higuain, Bernard/Jovetic, Gustavo, Cesar, Williams,

We'd have a title challenging squad. Would have cost near £70m for all of those. Now the market is such that Michu/Williams are for £35m.

Really gets me pissed off at Wenger, wtf is he doing :(

I'd understand if there was no money and everyone else would aswell, but the fuckers are just lying to all the fans and mugging them all off.

Özim
21-08-2013, 08:35 AM
The thing is, if we got Higuain, Bernard/Jovetic, Gustavo, Cesar, Williams,

We'd have a title challenging squad. Would have cost near £70m for all of those. Now the market is such that Michu/Williams are for £35m.

Really gets me pissed off at Wenger, wtf is he doing :(

I'd understand if there was no money and everyone else would aswell, but the fuckers are just lying to all the fans and mugging them all off.

Those aren't super super quality unlike Guaita, Cabaye, Kalou and Barry :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2013, 08:40 AM
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/roma-officials-come-to-london-to-meet-arsenal-over-pjanic-signing

I knew we were about to panic buy but this is taking the piss.

Munchies
21-08-2013, 08:43 AM
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/roma-officials-come-to-london-to-meet-arsenal-over-pjanic-signing

Who ?!?!?!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 08:43 AM

Unless they're in London to give us Gervinho back.

Letters
21-08-2013, 08:44 AM

A friend emailed me this yesterday (although admitted he'd seen it elsewhere) about our other 'bid':

Pani-Cabaye

Munchies
21-08-2013, 08:45 AM
So far the supermarket has stocked the following:
Day 1 stock:
Pogba
Cabaye
Richards
Michu
Williams

Day 2 stock:
Casillas
Guaita (never heard of him)

Day 3 stock:
Pjanic (Never heard of him)

Wenger will be allowed to shop on Sept 2nd
(Wenger trolley gif here)

Letters
21-08-2013, 08:45 AM

Unless they're in London to give us Gervinho back.

*phone rings*
Wenger: "Bonjour"
Roma: "About this player you sold us"
Wenger: "Er...this Chinese laundry. Wong number. Velly solly"
*slams down phone*

I_Killed_Kenny
21-08-2013, 08:46 AM
whilst their guy is in london talking about pjanic we need to gazzump spurs for lamella.

Munchies
21-08-2013, 08:50 AM
I've only known about Lamela beforehand on Fifa 13 (he has 5* skills and loads of people use him for Argentina :lol: )

I'd rather we sign him, because if Podolski (lol) or Theo get injured, there really isn't anyone else we can rely on. He can also play on both flanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK3N1W0IN24

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Pjanic, Lamela, Marquinhos, Osvaldo....and what are they getting in return?....Gervinho. I think this is very instructive for Arsenal fans so we know it could always be worse.
I like Pjanic and have wanted us to get him for a while and even though from what I've seen Spurs are getting a better player in Lamela, i would be quite happy to have him here. Shame we didn't knab Stekelenburg whilst we were about it

LDG
21-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Pjanic buying.

Give over.

Ralpheroo72
21-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Just shut the freakin window!!

Munchies
21-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Spuds have enquired for Sakho

Another one that we won't be getting

Letters
21-08-2013, 12:03 PM
http://talksport.com/football/what-wenger-said-signings-completed-and-team-could-have-been-13082056466

:ilt:

GP
21-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I sell propane and propane accessories.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Williams and Richards. :lol:

They'd be tactical buys for the homegrown rule and not much else.

GP
21-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Wanyama :lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Wanyama :lol:

Well exactly you don't need Wanyama when you have Ramsey who can play there. Ha I see Talksport got it spot on by not even having him on the subs bench not deluded like loads of Arsenal fans

Power n Glory
21-08-2013, 12:43 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8880935/revista-guillem-balague-explains-how-atletico-signed-david-villa-for-23m-euros

Missed out on David Villa but chose to gamble on the cheap option instead.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Well exactly you don't need Wanyama when you have Ramsey who can play there. Ha I see Talksport got it spot on by not even having him on the subs bench not deluded like loads of Arsenal fans

Putting Ramsey on the bench and not in our starting team does sound deluded tbf...

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2013, 12:56 PM
It might be the heat, but the Spuds are in with a shout of winning the league this year.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Mr. Whisky. :bow:

GP
21-08-2013, 01:09 PM
It might be the heat, but the Spuds are in with a shout of winning the league this year.

No

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Not a prayer, their mentality is weaker than ours which really is amazing when you consider what a bunch of losers we are.

Sick of the owner, sick of the board, sick of Wenger and sick of half the useless lumps wearing the shirt (the other half of the useless lumps aren't much good either). Jack and Santi can stay but I'm telling the rest of them to fuck off today. They'd better fucking listen too!

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, whichever way you slice it, in all honesty, to be fair, WE HAVEN'T SIGNED ANY FUCKING PLAYERS WHEN WE SUPPOSEDLY HAVE 70MILL SITTING IN THE FUCKING BANK! And we've underbid on every fucker we've chased, what's the fucking thinking there you cunts? Do you cunts think if we cunting underbid for every cunt we cunting go after then the cunts we're trying to buy from will suddenly crack and sell all their cunt players for less than some other cunt team are willing to pay? Well if that's how you think, then guess what you are?

That's right. A bunch of CUNTS.

Okay, so you fuckers won't spend anything because you are tight arse crooks, after 8 years we get it (up the arse). So please change the fucking tactics so the team provides a bit of entertainment on it's way to losing - would you? FFS! Some thing worth fucking watching. Won't cost you anything to do that you cunts.

Fucking shit. This from the club that brought us Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, and the Invincibles.

So respectfully, no, I doubt they'll win the league.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Putting Ramsey on the bench and not in our starting team does sound deluded tbf...

That statement there is why I'm glad no matter how bad it gets with this club you will never asked to be manager, at least Wenger has the excuse of being mentally ill.
United, City, Chelsea and Spurs wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team so why should we

Injury Time
21-08-2013, 01:21 PM

Yeah neck a neck with Liverpool :cloud9:

GP
21-08-2013, 01:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IwK5sDa.gif