PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Harland
26-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Game time I guess especially in a World Cup season.

Who would keep Di Maria out of the Argentinian first eleven? I'll be much more happy with signing Di Maria than I would be Benzema, that's for sure

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Also, we're The Arsenal. A massive club. And we are actually quite good sometimes.

no we are not. we're shit. everyone says so.

mind you, given how shit we are, how shit does that make spurs? spend more then us every year and still cant beat, even when they go 13 points clear.

spurs :haha:

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Who would keep Di Maria out of the Argentinian first eleven? I'll be much more happy with signing Di Maria than I would be Benzema, that's for sure

Don't know but it's natural to think that if you're not playing games for your club, you won't play much for your national side.

Marc Overmars
26-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Ollie's heel turn was short lived.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:28 PM

He was WUMming this whole time.

He fooled us all

AKBapologist
Fuck that shit, just offer them all 200k a week like city did, big club, small club, they don't give a shit. The only thing that matters is their bank balance.

Harland
no we are not. we're shit. everyone says so.

mind you, given how shit we are, how shit does that make spurs? spend more then us every year and still cant beat, even when they go 13 points clear.

spurs :haha:

We used to be comparing ourselves with Utd, and laughing at Spurs as an afterthought.......

How times have changed... not taking a knock at you Ollie, was just reminiscing.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 02:30 PM

or a couple of very good wins, gives me some hope back. im still annoyed at the club for not having made any signings, im just not going to moan about them when its clear quotes ahve been taken out of context etc. going into villa game with 13 fit players is still unforgivable, even going into fulham with 1 CB is not acceptable but if we can make signings this week and beat spurs, villa will be a blip. its still not good enough, but its better then nothing.

but right now, we have something posistive about arsenal, two wins.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:32 PM
2 wins and everything is right in the world again with some fans.

This is what Wenger was banking on.

Expect no players. With fans like Ollie who will be happy no matter what Wenger does, tis club is going down the toilet

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 02:33 PM
We used to be comparing ourselves with Utd, and laughing at Spurs as an afterthought.......

How times have changed... not taking a knock at you Ollie, was just reminiscing.

yeah but laughing at spurs is always fun. every year is their year, then they fail. its always funny.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 02:34 PM
2 wins and everything is right in the world again with some fans.

This is what Wenger was banking on.

Expect no players. With fans like Ollie who will be happy no matter what Wenger does, tis club is going down the toilet

one day you will learn to read. keep trying, you will manage it one day

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:35 PM
one day you will learn to read. keep trying, you will manage it one day

So you hate Wenger then?

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I think the biggest story here is that Cripps nearly replied to GP directly.

:blink:

Also, the idea that us losing every game is going to lead to us some grand realisation that we'll spend money on fantastic players, no matter the cost is, I think, a bit silly. We didn't do it after losing to Galatasaray in a friendly and we didn't do it after losing to Villa either.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 02:37 PM
So you hate Wenger then?

whats that got to do with anything? nothing. and why hate the man who gave you some of arsenals greatest moments? oh yes, because you want attention.

you posted saying after some wins taht all was well again for fans like me, despite me saying in my post that i wasnt happy with lack of signings. but then again, that involves reading, and you haven't mastered that yet

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:42 PM
I think the biggest story here is that Cripps nearly replied to GP directly.

:blink:

Who?

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:43 PM
whats that got to do with anything? nothing. and why hate the man who gave you some of arsenals greatest moments? oh yes, because you want attention.

you posted saying after some wins taht all was well again for fans like me, despite me saying in my post that i wasnt happy with lack of signings. but then again, that involves reading, and you haven't mastered that yet
So that's a no then.

I rest my case.

You're a Wenger fan. That's fine. I'm an Arsenal fan. Therein lies the difference

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 02:44 PM
So that's a no then.

I rest my case.

You're a Wenger fan. That's fine. I'm an Arsenal fan. Therein lies the difference

so because i dont hate wenger, am unhappy with lack of signings but am happy with two wins im not an arsenal fan.

right.

you are an idiot

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:46 PM
so because i dont hate wenger, am unhappy with lack of signings but am happy with two wins im not an arsenal fan.

right.

you are an idiot

I'm not the one who loves Wenger and everything he is doing.

And I'm the idiot? :lol:

Check the meaning of the word, my friend

The Emirates Gallactico
26-08-2013, 02:48 PM
So you hate Wenger then?

You can have disagreements and disapprove of a person's methods without hating them and calling them every name under the sun. It's called being an adult.

Marc Overmars
26-08-2013, 02:50 PM
You can have disagreements and disapprove of a person's methods without hating them and calling them every name under the sun. It's called being an adult.

Shut up dickhead.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:50 PM

Really?

So instead of chanting "spend some fucking money" to Wenger, we should chant "can you please spend some money, mr Wenger?"

Yeah that'll work

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm not the one who loves Wenger and everything he is doing.

And I'm the idiot? :lol:

Check the meaning of the word, my friend

can you actually read at all? ive clearly said im not happy with lack of signings or whats happened this summer but somehow in your mind im happy with everything.

learn to read

Shaqiri Is Boss
I see GW's entente cordiale is well and truly over :rose:

Özim
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-no-longer-claim-to-be-big-club-if-sell-Cesc-Fabregas-and-Samir-Nasri-admits-Arsene-Wenger-article764500.html

:lol: Even the manager admits we're not a big club anymore thanks to him!

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:54 PM

I don't know what that means

GP
26-08-2013, 02:56 PM

Who?

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:56 PM
can you actually read at all? ive clearly said im not happy with lack of signings or whats happened this summer but somehow in your mind im happy with everything.

learn to read
Yet you have renewed hope after 2 wins v pubbers.

Renewed hope for what? Finishing 4th?

That's the problem. We should be aiming for higher

Globalgunner
26-08-2013, 02:59 PM

Nah! I'm sure that's not what he said. That is the media brainwashing us and going out of their way to cause friction between us fans. Just like Wenger never said 4th is a trophy. Eh Ollie, see I can do this too.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 02:59 PM

Conveniently ignored by the Wenger can do no wrong brigade :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Yet you have renewed hope after 2 wins v pubbers.

Renewed hope for what? Finishing 4th?

That's the problem. We should be aiming for higher

i said i have some hope back, theres a difference. two wins in two difficult games, turkey away, and wet conditions away at fulham. last season in bright sunshine we struggled there. two wins, with some stand out performances, gives any fan some hope, because their team is winning and winning well, it also gives me slight hope we might make signings. if you look at wins in a negative light as some clearly are then of course no hope comes back, but any arsenal win, gives me some hope. after losing to villa, it was doom and gloom, 2 good away wins bring some happiness back, if we can add some good signings in and beat spurs, confirm CL group stages, then august will have been a very good month with just a blip. if we cant, then questions ahve to be asked, and wenger better have some dam good answers

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Conveniently ignored by the Wenger can do no wrong brigade :lol:

he said that, fair enough. we cant say we are a big club, but we can say we are at the same level we were when he took over. he took us to higher levels, just brought us back to where he started

Özim
26-08-2013, 03:03 PM

Yeah undoubtedly some of Arsenal's worst moments as well, but putting that aside 8 years of averageness is enough, time to wave goodbye to him he's lost his edge and can't compete in modern day football, we've got first hand evidence of that.

Özim
26-08-2013, 03:04 PM
he said that, fair enough. we cant say we are a big club, but we can say we are at the same level we were when he took over. he took us to higher levels, just brought us back to where he started

Rioch got sacked for that, maybe Wenger should too.

He's gone past his sell by date now, all we can talk about is former glories which are almost a decade ago now.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 03:05 PM

He's gone past his sell by date now, all we can talk about is former glories which are almost a decade ago now.

Tbf Rioch gave us Bergkamp.

Wenger gave us a postman

Özim
26-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Tbf Rioch gave us Bergkamp.

Wenger gave us a postman

Rioch had one season, brought in some good players and changed our football then got the sack, I thought it was very harsh at the time. Wenger has had 8 years now it wouldn't be harsh to get rid of someone who's had their chance.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 03:07 PM
i said i have some hope back, theres a difference. two wins in two difficult games, turkey away, and wet conditions away at fulham. last season in bright sunshine we struggled there. two wins, with some stand out performances, gives any fan some hope, because their team is winning and winning well, it also gives me slight hope we might make signings. if you look at wins in a negative light as some clearly are then of course no hope comes back, but any arsenal win, gives me some hope. after losing to villa, it was doom and gloom, 2 good away wins bring some happiness back, if we can add some good signings in and beat spurs, confirm CL group stages, then august will have been a very good month with just a blip. if we cant, then questions ahve to be asked, and wenger better have some dam good answers

I think we'll sign someone but you can forget all the big names.

It'll be a pubber from the French leagues.

For me and from what I've read on here and seen at the Emirates, all hope is gone.

2 wins doesn't change that

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 03:09 PM

i remember what happened with rioch, but he wasnt there for long was he? months?

fans talk about past glories as much as wenger, 1989, 1971, 2004. you cant just blame wenger of that when fans do it too

Özim
26-08-2013, 03:14 PM
He had one full season.

The problem is we're talking about former glories of our current manager because he's unable to move with the times. People usually talk about former glories of former managers not those of existing ones. I just don't see him ever delivering success anymore and thus for me it makes no sense to keep him on, he doesn't even want to invest in the team.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-08-2013, 03:16 PM

Pretty much.

The Emirates Gallactico
26-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Shut up dickhead.

:getcoat:

Really?

So instead of chanting "spend some fucking money" to Wenger, we should chant "can you please spend some money, mr Wenger?"

Yeah that'll work

Nothing wrong with that chant. It let's the board and Wenger know exactly how people feel without being offensive.

It's just I disapprove of people on here calling him a cunt and treating him like he's some heinous Nazi war criminal. Get some perspective please, you can want him gone without losing any respect for the guy, his achievements and his desire to see the club succeed.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-08-2013, 03:34 PM

Nothing wrong with that chant. It let's the board and Wenger know exactly how people feel without being offensive.

It's just I disapprove of people on here calling him a cunt and treating him like he's some heinous Nazi war criminal. Get some perspective please, you can want him gone without losing any respect for the guy, his achievements and his desire to see the club succeed.

Respect is a bit of a reciprocating value. And, to be fair to the fans, Wenger shows scant regard where this is concerned.

Özim
26-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I've lost respect for him, he lies, patronises and points the fingers at others including the fans, it's no way for a manager to behave IMO.

There's about 3 people who still want him here, why hasn't he got the message that noone wants him at the club anymore?

Özim
26-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Respect is a bit of a reciprocating value. And, to be fair to the fans, Wenger shows scant regard where this is concerned.

Spot on, he shows no respect to the fans, his latest comments is further proof of that.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Spot on, he shows no respect to the fans, his latest comments is further proof of that.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

He shows none for us. Why should we show any for him?

He will leave Arsenal a multi billionaire and forget all about us and the club he has destroyed. Us fans will be stuck with the club

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 04:30 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23842651

"They are special and if I want to add something it has to be special."

:doh:

Munchies
26-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Big Sexy crying out for more signings again

"I'm on a good run, I feel really confident. I feel good in the games and I do the job on the pitch. No doubts, no more questions.

"If there is a new striker coming, it's good for the squad, and I try to give it up for the team, help the team to win. Nothing more."

He added: "I did well (at Fulham), like the team. I really wanted to help the team to win after the bad result against Aston Villa.

"We were really disappointed with that and we wanted to correct it and dictate the game. That's what we did, like in Fenerbahce, and we are really pleased with that.

"We really wanted to show that the squad is together. We want to give an answer together on the pitch, and we did that. We played really well and we scored three goals, and now we are really confident."

Transfer news: Olivier Giroud would welcome striking additions at Arsenal
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8890865/transfer-news-olivier-giroud-would-welcome-striking-additions-at-arsenal

KSE Comedy Club
26-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Big sexy :bow:

Doin a job on and off the pitch

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Everyone bar Wenger knows we needs signings.

He's not making any cos he's trying to prove a point and is failing miserably

Marc Overmars
26-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Some pub team sites (talksport, soccerlens etc) reckon Madrid are willing to selling Di Maria to us.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Some pub team sites (talksport, soccerlens etc) reckon Madrid are willing to selling Di Maria to us.

Unless it's on twitter, it's not happening

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Unless it's on twitter, it's not happening

Hitler was the head of the Wehrmacht and twisted Hitlers arm when the fuhrer thought that the final solution was a "bit harsh"

Syn
26-08-2013, 05:05 PM

Something about him irritates me. Good player though. If there's any chance of Barca selling us Sanchez I'd prefer for us to go for him but this guy would also be an exciting player.

Marc Overmars
26-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Every time I've seen Di Maria he's looked quite good to me, seems like he's a very effective winger who's comfortable cutting in or going on the outside. Some very impressive assist stats as well, although I suppose they should be looked at with a pinch of salt considering the players he's had scoring off his passes.

Better than what we have so sign him up.

Penguin
26-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Something about him irritates me. Good player though. If there's any chance of Barca selling us Sanchez I'd prefer for us to go for him but this guy would also be an exciting player.

I'd prefer Sanchez too, does he want to leave Barca? I'd be ecstatic if we signed either of them, fantastic players.

For Wenger's sake I hope we do make a marquee signing of that caliber. We might have to overpay a little but the fans have had enough of the transfer BS.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-08-2013, 05:31 PM
http://arseblog.com/2013/08/on-kroenke-by-an-american-arsenal-fan/

Good read.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2013, 05:55 PM
just read through numerous headlines linking us with half of RM team.....Iker, Ben-z. DiMaria and now Ozil :ilt:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-08-2013, 06:07 PM
just read through numerous headlines linking us with half of RM team.....Iker, Ben-z. DiMaria and now Ozil :ilt:

Probably with Levvy playing hard ball with them over Bale they probably feel they need to sell half their first team to finance the deal.

Really how much marketing capital and shirt sales can you really expect to make from a shaved chimp

Bergkampwonderland10
26-08-2013, 06:50 PM
It's no longer even the transfer market but also the way the 'football' is being played under him. Yes the ref was shit, but that team should have beaten Villa at home. The midfield pass the ball to the defense, who pass the ball to midfield who pass it to the defence who pass it to midfield and then pass to Giroud who loses the ball because of a shit first touch.

Players like Higuain, Bernard, Gustavo, could have done so much, but they're not joining us, and it pisses me off as they were available.

It's absolute rubbish now, there's hardly any creativity, and for opponents, we're now really predictable in our play. We've regressed with Wenger, time to go.

Higuain scored last week against Italy, Walcott/Giroud can't even dribble/shoot the ball like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGzQiI0QTsk

Didn't Higuain just dribble shoot himself off a boat and broke his jaw?? Thought I read it somewhere in the paper.

Munchies
26-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Didn't Higuain just dribble shoot himself off a boat and broke his jaw?? Thought I read it somewhere in the paper.

:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2402144/Napoli-striker-Gonzalo-Higuain-hospitalised-injured-jaw-slipping-rocks-boat-trip.html?ico=sport^headlines

I guess he did :haha:

Didn't break his jaw though, cuts/bruised

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-08-2013, 07:02 PM
still though silly sod.....did he think to himself these rocks aren't going to be treacherous and slippery

No malice towards Higuain we were the ones who decided not to sign him, not him not wanting to join us which i am pretty sure he did.

selassie
26-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Everyone bar Wenger knows we needs signings.

He's not making any cos he's trying to prove a point and is failing miserably

Which worryingly probably means Wenger will dig is heals in further and refuse to spend a penny.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2013, 10:30 PM
telegraph claiming that ozil and di maria are avalible for combined price of 60 million and we are ready to bid.

id forgive everything this summer, if the club pull that off.

GP
26-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Get Casillas too :coffee:

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Both would be brilliant.

One would very good.

Neither is realistic

hobson's choice
26-08-2013, 11:01 PM
telegraph claiming that ozil and di maria are avalible for combined price of 60 million and we are ready to bid.

id forgive everything this summer, if the club pull that off.

:haha:

*Laughs to hide the pain*

Munchies
26-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Still can't believe Real got Ozil for £10m after the world cup.

I guess we aren't getting a CDM bar Flamini.

Ozil got subbed again , looks peed off :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMEgO2dgit0

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye, 27, has decided he wants to move to Arsenal.

Full story: Evening Chronicle

Better than what we have but is he that good?

Munchies
26-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Better than what we have but is he that good?

I'd rather we don't get him, if it means we can get other signings done , but we all know we're getting no one, so might aswell ? That's my reasoning behind it.

Either way, our fake bid has fooked up Newcastle and he's refusing to play for them :haha:

Cripps_orig
26-08-2013, 11:25 PM
I'd rather we don't get him, if it means we can get other signings done , but we all know we're getting no one, so might aswell ? That's my reasoning behind it.

Either way, our fake bid has fooked up Newcastle and he's refusing to play for them :haha:

It's good logic for getting him. Better him than no one and as you say, he's pissed Pardew off which is a bonus

AKBapologist
26-08-2013, 11:45 PM
He's a slightly more attacking version of arteta (cabaye)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Munchies
26-08-2013, 11:46 PM
He also has dangerous set-pieces, can't remember the last freekick we scored (think it was Podski) , nor do we have a proper free kick taker since RVC left.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-08-2013, 11:49 PM
he's better at tackling than arteta

would be an upgrade but why we didnt just go for gustavo i dont know

Grebbo
26-08-2013, 11:58 PM
he's better at tackling than arteta

would be an upgrade but why we didnt just go for gustavo i dont know

He supposedly wanted to stay in Germany, didn't want to switch leagues with it being world cup year.

The Emirates Gallactico
27-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Better than nothing but I still don't understand why we just don't pay over the odds for Lars Bender who was clearly identified as our first choice target, the most desired and also the most suited to fit into our team.

Why don't Wenger and Gazidis put some faith into their scouting system and pay over the odds to get their man instead of just giving up after the first rejection? He's 24, has looked amazing, has far more potential than Cabaye and plays for a team where we can legitimately be considered a step up having CL football and all. He's prime gettable.

Who gives a fuck if we pay 5 - 10 million more than he's worth now? It'll be worth it in a few years if he's the final part of jigsaw and helps us go on to win something.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 12:02 AM
As long as it means Arteta is left out then I'm all for Cabaye coming home.

Wasn't he the Lille captain when they won the title few seasons back?

We got Gervinho from them...

Hoping he turns more in to a Hazard than a forehead.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Better than nothing but I still don't understand why we just don't pay over the odds for Lars Bender who was clearly identified as our first choice target, the most desired and also the most suited to fit into our team.

Why don't Wenger and Gazidis put some faith into their scouting system and pay over the odds to get their man instead of just giving up after the first rejection? He's 24, has looked amazing, has far more potential than Cabaye and plays for a team where we can legitimately be considered a step up having CL football and all. He's prime gettable.

Who gives a fuck if we pay 5 - 10 million more than he's worth now? It'll be worth it in a few years if he's the final part of jigsaw and helps us go on to win something.
Thank god we aren't getting him then.

We need someone who doesn't play the pass, pass, pass, pass, concede, pass, pass, pass, chance to shoot but fuck that, pass, pass system we play

hobson's choice
27-08-2013, 02:05 AM

Who the fuck is Lars Bender, the whole time, I thought you guys were just making fun of Nicklas.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Brother of Sven Bender.

Good player. Not been linked with him at all this summer, not from any links I've seen so unless its one of Wengers famous smokescreens, he isn't coming

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2013, 02:10 AM
Hopefully we don't get that treacherous cunt Cabaye. It's a disgrace he refuses to play for the club and fans who pay his wages. Hopefully nobody buys him and he ends up rotting in their reserves. Certainly don't want him here. Ozil and Di Maria, great idea but not even a 1% chance of the bastards spending that much money. Flamini is who we get. And Sanogo. Both free.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 02:17 AM
Cabaye doing the same as Cesc so I'm not that keen on him either.

hobson's choice
27-08-2013, 02:24 AM
He's French, that's what they do.

Thierrymon
27-08-2013, 02:39 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/15wgo0nghp2p.gif

Grebbo
27-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Hopefully we don't get that treacherous cunt Cabaye. It's a disgrace he refuses to play for the club and fans who pay his wages. Hopefully nobody buys him and he ends up rotting in their reserves. Certainly don't want him here. Ozil and Di Maria, great idea but not even a 1% chance of the bastards spending that much money. Flamini is who we get. And Sanogo. Both free.

But you don't win anything without cunts.

Grebbo
27-08-2013, 05:00 AM
I still think we're gonna spunk £50m in this window. Be interesting to see if Wenger can attract anyone away from joining Man U as I reckon we're going to be in for the same players eg Di Maria, Ozil, they even wanted Cesc FFS. If Cesc joined Man Utd over us it shows how far we've fallen. I'm sure Cesc would join us over them if he thought this team could go places, I'd have thought winning a trophy with Arsenal would be much more satisfying than with Man Utd.

Cesc, Di Maria, Ozil

Yeah right.... we're gonna spunk £50m on junk aren't we.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Wenger had identified a new central defender as a priority, but Sagna’s performances, Thomas Vermaelen’s pending return to fitness and the imminent capture of Flamini mean the club are no longer seeking a new defender.

One of Law’s main objectives was to rubber-stamp a deal for Mathieu Flamini, who trained with the Arsenal squad yesterday.

Law held a meeting with the 29-year-old defensive midfielder and his agent at around 1pm, with a deal expected to be confirmed before the weekend.

Of the three, Arsenal believe deals for Di Maria and Ozil will be the easier to conclude, with Benzema understood to be reluctant to leave the Bernabeu.

Law will look to conclude moves for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye and Valencia goalkeeper Vicente Guaita before next week’s transfer deadline after having bids rejected last week.

Arsenal are also watching Juan Mata’s situation at Chelsea. The Gunners, though, are set to shelve plans to find a new defender after Bacary Sagna’s strong displays at centre back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2402347/Arsenal-chief-negotiator-arrives-ahead-transfer-D-Day.html#ixzz2d9vdF0RQ
This Dick guy is making the deals now, wtf was he doing all summer ?

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 09:19 AM
That man has been working 24/7 I'll have you know! I blame the Spuds to be honest, if they had just sold Bale earlier a lot more would be clearer.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Wenger will reunite these 2 cunts :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeIu8EeNcoY

LDG
27-08-2013, 09:32 AM
That man has been working 24/7 I'll have you know! I blame the Spuds to be honest, if they had just sold Bale earlier a lot more would be clearer.

We are waiting.

It is like a game of poker.

It will be like one big game of swapsies at midnight on 3rd Sept.

There's only one man who will win the poker game.

Casino Wenger :bow:

Syn
27-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Need to spunk £45m on Ozil. Nothing else will do now.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 09:34 AM
We are waiting.

I'm imagining all the gooners (inc myself) being glued to deadline day on SSN in the hope of a signing, and we end up with Flamini on a free at the end :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 09:34 AM
We are waiting.

Call. And I'll raise you $0.10.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Where would he play ? Rosicky's place ?

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 09:36 AM

Not even Jason Roberts?

Özim
27-08-2013, 09:38 AM

Yes with Suarez and Benzema up front with Rooney in the hole behind them and Di Maria out wide.

Syn
27-08-2013, 09:40 AM

Anywhere. He's amazing.

LDG
27-08-2013, 09:53 AM
AW Poker face, po-po-poker face

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2194793.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-2194793.jpg

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/aug_13/gun__1377072326_wenger_fenerbahce2.jpg

http://www.viasat1.com.gh/v1/vnews/uploads/arsene.jpg

http://static.sport360.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_image/07-Arsene-Wenger-crop.jpg

Syn
27-08-2013, 09:54 AM

GP
27-08-2013, 09:55 AM

Munchies
27-08-2013, 10:06 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01108/wenger_1108448c.jpg

Ollie the Optimist
27-08-2013, 10:06 AM

selassie
27-08-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm imagining all the gooners (inc myself) being glued to deadline day on SSN in the hope of a signing, and we end up with Flamini on a free at the end :haha:

Pretty much, the Real Madrid trio is just "wishlist" type stuff, we don't stand a chance of signing any of them IMHO.

Cabaye could go to wire, as could the Valencia keeper.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 10:28 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2402347/Arsenal-chief-negotiator-arrives-ahead-transfer-D-Day.html#ixzz2d9vdF0RQ
This Dick guy is making the deals now, wtf was he doing all summer ?
So no new CB cos Sagna can play there?

LDG
27-08-2013, 10:30 AM

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/08/arsenal-linked-with-defender-alderweireld/

...or

Ollie the Optimist
27-08-2013, 10:33 AM

That's acceptable if he signs a back up right back. Sagna has played two games at cb. Sunderland and Fulham away and been superb. Sunderland match we were down to 10 men from 60 minutes too. Moving sagna is fine, as long as rb has a back up

Marc Overmars
27-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Think I'd be more comfortable if we bought a proper CB for squad purposes, a few games from Sagan doesn't convince me he can do a job there full time. We'd need to get a right back in as well if that's the route Wenget wanted to go down.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Playing Sagna there is the cheap option

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 11:08 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2013/08/arsenal-linked-with-defender-alderweireld/

...or

Him I wouldn't mind.

Time he came home

Ollie the Optimist
27-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Think I'd be more comfortable if we bought a proper CB for squad purposes, a few games from Sagan doesn't convince me he can do a job there full time. We'd need to get a right back in as well if that's the route Wenget wanted to go down.

I can see sagna moving across to cb for good soon. He's lost some pace but can read the game and tackle. He would make a good cb IMO. I don't mind him being back up, vermealen is not to far away apparently so as 4 th choice back up, he's dine. But a another right back is a must if that's the route we take

Gooner23
27-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Him I wouldn't mind.

Time he came home

Belgians :bow:

Ralpheroo72
27-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Playing Sagna there is the cheap option

That's the Arsenal way! :scarf:

The Emirates Gallactico
27-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Thank god we aren't getting him then.

We need someone who doesn't play the pass, pass, pass, pass, concede, pass, pass, pass, chance to shoot but fuck that, pass, pass system we play

Have you even seen him play? :lol: He looks like the real deal.

Amazed that you of all people wouldn't want him here seeing as you're bitterly opposed to Arteta and his 5 yard passes and Bender would represent a complete upgrade on him.

Who the fuck is Lars Bender, the whole time, I thought you guys were just making fun of Nicklas.

He's the guy we had an 18.5 million bid rejected for at the start of the transfer window. He was identified as our first choice DM signing and someone who would improve the team tremendously. He's basically a must get.

Unfortunately instead of trying to wrap up this deal last season and so being in a position to announce it before the window officially opened we dithered as usual, waiting till the start of the window to begin negotiations by which time Leverkusen had already sold Schurle and Carvajal to Chelsea and RM respectively meaning they don't need the money and are also extremely reluctant to part way with another one of their stars. Congratulations Dick Law and Gazidis.

If we want him now we'll have to pay over the odds for him now, but with our cash reserves I don't see why that should be a problem especially if it means we can capture our first choice target.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 11:45 AM
It's more a criticism of our system than the player.

I don't mind him as long as Arteta is out

Özil's Panoramic View
27-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Yup, after watching the Fenerbache and Fulham games, it's clear that we play a much more brisk and fluid game without Arteta there passing back to Kos/Sagna and Mert at every given opportunity.

Hope we get in a proper replacement before he's fit again.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2013, 12:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4RpJcVs1VI

Power n Glory
27-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Yup, after watching the Fenerbache and Fulham games, it's clear that we play a much more brisk and fluid game without Arteta there passing back to Kos/Sagna and Mert at every given opportunity.

Hope we get in a proper replacement before he's fit again.

He's a problem. He hardly collects the ball from the defenders and usually points to them to make the forward pass. Never tries to shake his marker or receive the ball under slight pressure. He needs acres of space before receiving the ball. We really do need a better DM.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhpTkRI4Mew

Still got it :bow:

Sign him up on a free :bow:

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Arsenal to table audacious Rooney bid

The Gunners have been given private encouragement that Manchester United would be willing to sell them the England talisman after ruling out off-loading the 27-year-old to Chelsea

Arsenal are preparing to table an audacious bid for Wayne Rooney later this week.

The Gunners have privately been given encouragement that Manchester United could be willing to sell them England’s talisman in the last week of the window despite their public insistence that he is not for sale at any price.

United are now determined not to sell Rooney to Chelsea, whose manager Jose Mourinho has given the striker until Wednesday at the latest to force through a move to Stamford Bridge. However, the Premier League champions are believed to be open to a £25 million-plus offer for the player from Arsenal, who they do not regard as a fellow title challenger. Arsene Wenger is poised to make his move at the end of the week if, as expected, the Londoners secure qualification for the group stages of the Champions League by overcoming Fenerbahce at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday after winning 3-0 in the first leg in Istanbul six days ago. Arsenal have turned their attention to Rooney after all but giving up hope of capturing Luis Suarez from Liverpool or Karim Benzema from Real Madrid. It is expected that Wenger will sanction a bid of bid around the £25m mark for Rooney, who has been the subject of two formal offers from Chelsea this summer. United manager David Moyes has insisted that the club do not want to sell Rooney and maintained that stance after the 27-year-old’s impressive display in the goal-less draw against Chelsea on Monday night in what was his first start of the season. A third Chelsea bid for the England international would now be rejected out of hand, despite United's mooted interest in Blues playmaker Juan Mata, because the west Londoners are regarded as a direct rival for the league title. However, United are believed to be more amenable to a move from Arsenal and a shock switch to north London in the final days of the window has not been ruled out by sources close to the situation. Arsenal had registered an interest in Rooney as they prioritised the signing of a marquee striker and they have continued to monitor his situation this summer while making concerted attempts to capture Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain.

The Gunners also made an enquiry for Real Madrid’s Benzema last week but they accept they have run out of time to capture the France international this window given the complex chain of events required to take him to the Emirates. A move for Rooney had been on the backburner but it is now firmly back on the agenda given the informal indications Arsenal have been given that the player is both available and would be interested in a surprising switch to north London. Moyes has spoken warmly of Rooney’s attitude in training and his general work ethic but the player is still believed to be seeking a fresh challenge at an established Champions League club. His name was chanted throughout Monday’s game by both United and Chelsea fans, while Mourinho said afterwards that he needs to go public if he still wants to move to Stamford Bridge or the Londoners will complete the signing of another striker, understood to be Samuel Eto'o. "The person that started the story has to finish the story," Mourinho observed. "A club like us, a manager like me, the people that work in the club with me… we are not silly to try to get a player from a big club that doesn't sell what they don't want to sell. "We are not silly to try something if somebody didn't start it. So I think it is time for the good of everyone to finish the story. For one side, for the other side." Asked to clarify whether he would like Rooney to state publicly if he wanted to quit United, Mourinho replied: "Yes, I would like. We are going to close another player if he is not coming. "It depends on this [Rooney's decision]. It depends on his reaction and his feelings. If now he doesn't want to leave, we are out of the thing. But we need to know. We need to know what is happening." Mourinho said he would wait "24 hours, 48 hours". Pushed on why he had said Rooney had started the transfer saga, he made it clear that Chelsea had been encouraged to pursue the player. "I know because I know." The information, he said, had been passed to Chelsea because "he told somebody who is very important in his career".

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3956/transfer-zone/2013/08/27/4216873/arsenal-to-table-audacious-rooney-bid

Wazza is coming home

Özil's Panoramic View
27-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Can we lock this fucker down now and give early rise to a 'January Speculation and Shit thread'?

Marc Overmars
27-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Front 3 of Di Maria, Wazza and Ozil.

It's on!

Munchies
27-08-2013, 01:48 PM
The WayneGooney fella has been saying that Rooney has been on for a while now, and once he's signed, Cesc is coming home

Waynegooney was right all along :bow:

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Lets hope he's half right

The Ogg Monster
27-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Does anybody actually want rooney here?

I fucking well dont. Hes past his best and wont fit into our style of playing at all.

I seriously doubt wengers after him either hes an un wenger signing, no way will rooney come here.

Power n Glory
27-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Does anybody actually want rooney here?

I fucking well dont. Hes past his best and wont fit into our style of playing at all.

I seriously doubt wengers after him either hes an un wenger signing, no way will rooney come here.

Character wise, I really don't know. But he'd suit our style of play without a doubt. He likes to drop deep to pick out passes but can also be clinical in the box and make good runs. He'd fit in. He's get the freedom he wants in this team.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah cos our style of play has been so great :lol:

We need players in who can improve it, not fit in to it.

Arteta for example fits in to our style perfectly and he's been nothing short of pointless

Marc Overmars
27-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Great attitude and desire to play the game he loves, certainly the type of player you want on your side and not against you.

Sign him up.

The Emirates Gallactico
27-08-2013, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhpTkRI4Mew

Still got it :bow:

Sign him up on a free :bow:

The music for that video :lol:

Hideously inappropriate.

Power n Glory
27-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah cos our style of play has been so great :lol:

We need players in who can improve it, not fit in to it.

Arteta for example fits in to our style perfectly and he's been nothing short of pointless

It's true, we really don't have a style anymore.

But for what we're trying to achieve with this 4-3-3, we need a central striker that can be the link between the two wide strikers and midfield. It's all very disjointed at the moment because none of the front three are great creative players.

Xhaka Can’t
27-08-2013, 02:32 PM
At the beginning of the window I didn't want him. I'd take him now. If we are going to sign an asshole, it may as well be Rooney as he is less likely to get suspended than Suarez.

Syn
27-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Still Chelsea bound. And failing that, he stays. Can't see us giving the wages he would want.

fakeyank
27-08-2013, 02:54 PM
I am just so glad deadline day is on labor day.. so I'll be at home following this shit! :lol:

Syn
27-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Labour day.

Americans :haha:

Tories :haha:

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Front 3 of Di Maria, Wazza and Ozil.

It's on!

Yep, definitely happening.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 03:08 PM
It's awesome how yanks have a day in honour for all those ladies in labour.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Yep, definitely happening.

Don't encourage them !

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Labour day.

Americans :haha:

Tories :haha:

Surprised the Reagan Administration didn't scrap it as left commie nonsense

hobson's choice
27-08-2013, 03:25 PM
I am just so glad deadline day is on labor day.. so I'll be at home following this shit! :lol:

Me too dude, me too, haven't had a transfer deadline day off for about 4 years.:dance::dance:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 03:31 PM
How many posts will we get to, in this thread? :popcorn:

Marc Overmars
27-08-2013, 03:37 PM
10,000. :popcorn:

GP
27-08-2013, 03:40 PM

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2013, 03:51 PM
How many posts will we get to, in this thread? :popcorn:

Sanogo and Flamini are huge world stars tbh, so not surprising this thread is breaking records.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Well plenty of things to discuss I suppose.

9,724 I reckon.

GP
27-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Cesc Fàbregas Soler ‏@cesc4official 39s
With my 3 brathers 😂 pic.twitter.com/7YqHUesrRJ

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSr9U2RCMAEbc2u.png

:popcorn:

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 04:09 PM
10,000+ would be good.

I'd take over 9,563 though

Munchies
27-08-2013, 04:11 PM
He's coming home :bow:

Waynegooney :bow:

GP
27-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Brathers :bow:

LDG
27-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Brathers :bow:

Gotta love the London accent.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 04:17 PM
We got 2/3 of them now , Hleb returning ? Where is he anyways now ? :haha:

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 04:19 PM
We got 2/3 of them now , Hleb returning ? Where is he anyways now ? :haha:

BATE Borisov last season.

Don't know if he's still there

Marc Overmars
27-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Hleb is slumming it in Russia I think.

What a chump.

LDG
27-08-2013, 04:21 PM
BATE Borisov last season.

Don't know if he's still there

I must say, the have exceptional Ice Cream in BATE Borisov.

GP
27-08-2013, 04:21 PM
He's playing for a tractor factory.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfe8CUCOOI

Power n Glory
27-08-2013, 04:32 PM
:lol: Feckin loser!

I remember that interview.

Master Splinter
27-08-2013, 05:02 PM
That he had to play with the dog washers, shoe polishers and grime testers at Birmingham was probably adequate enough punishment for being a complete moron.

Hleb is deserving of one of the biggest :doh:s ever.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Another one of the long, long list who thought it was a good idea to join Barcelona or Real Madrid, when he was on to a good thing.

What a pillock.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Another one of the long, long list who thought it was a good idea to join Barcelona or Real Madrid, when he was on to a good thing.

What a pillock.
Neymar :lol:

Munchies
27-08-2013, 05:29 PM
RVC has rejoined twitter now,

https://twitter.com/search?q=%20%40Persie_Official%20&src=typd&mode=realtime

Look at what he's receiving :lol:

GP
27-08-2013, 05:32 PM
RVC has rejoined twitter now,

https://twitter.com/search?q=%20%40Persie_Official%20&src=typd&mode=realtime

Look at what he's receiving :lol:

Mani Gh ‏@ManiiAFC 19s
@Persie_Official suck dickk mothefucker

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Neymar :lol:

Had his tonsils removed and can't get off the bench. Great move.

Master Splinter
27-08-2013, 05:42 PM

What a pillock.

He won trophies though. TROPHIES.

If you add up all the TROPHIES of all the players who have played for Arsenal it shows they all made the right choice because they all won 157 trophies.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 05:42 PM

Had his tonsils removed and can't get off the bench. Great move.

Didn't he turn out to be anaemic aswell ? Heard Barca are drugging him up on shit for that and for him to gain weight :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Didn't he turn out to be anaemic aswell ? Heard Barca are drugging him up on shit for that and for him to gain weight :lol:

That's right. I'm not sure how he passed a medical really.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 05:44 PM
He won trophies though. TROPHIES.

If you add up all the TROPHIES of all the players who have played for Arsenal it shows they all made the right choice because they all won 157 trophies.

Arsenal. :haha:

Can't even win La Liga and the Copa Del Rey.

Master Splinter
27-08-2013, 05:46 PM

In the space of a minute:

WELCOME BACK JUDAS

get the fuck off twitter you stupid judas cunt

fuck off what we did for you fucking prick

Scum

cunt

:haha: :haha:

The internet :bow:.

hobson's choice
27-08-2013, 06:16 PM
In the space of a minute:

:haha: :haha:

The internet :bow:.

I would like to add:haha:

Munchies
27-08-2013, 06:18 PM
'YOUR A CUNT ROBIN, YOUR A CUNT'

:bow:

The Ogg Monster
27-08-2013, 07:54 PM
CUNT

Munchies
27-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Not sure where to put this, but SSNs Charlotte Jackson is marrying Chris Coleman :haha:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2403246/Charlotte-Jackson-marry-Wales-boss-Chris-Coleman-revealing-shes-shelf.html

Marc Overmars
27-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Surely we'll have someone in by Sunday?

Özil's Panoramic View
27-08-2013, 09:14 PM
"Juan Mata’s father and agent, Juan Snr, has been spotted in the director’s box for tonight’s match between Arsenal and Fenerbahce"

@arsenalaction

These twitter tards are bloody hell hilarious. :haha:

Munchies
27-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Surely we'll have someone in by Sunday?

Flamini announced tomorrow apparently

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Flamini announced tomorrow apparently

Game changer - everything changes once we get this filthy old has been signed up. dream signing, even bigger than Sanogo.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2013, 09:19 PM
It was mentioned during the match tonight most of the top players (top as in everyone else bar Wenger's definition) will be away on Internationals during deadline day. This board has been so lucky in this window. Now they can claim they couldn't arrange medicals, couldn't find the player, so many possible excuses.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Sevilla have confirmed that Geoffrey Kondogbia is to buy-out the remainder of his four-year contract, which has a €20million (£17.2m) release clause. The midfielder is now widely expected to join Monaco. A Sevilla statement read:

Geoffrey Kondogbia is already history at Sevilla FC. The French international has officially informed the club that he will unilaterally rescind his contract.

Wow.

GP
27-08-2013, 09:28 PM
What a dickhead.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 09:32 PM
It's a weird situation in Spain, I think the players have to actually go to a bank and give the money for it to be then transferred to the selling club. :wacko:

At least that was mentioned for when seemed Spuds would pay Soldado's buyout clause.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2013, 09:32 PM
I doubt it's coming out of his own pocket, clearly the shady fuckers at Monaco are footing the bill.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I doubt it's coming out of his own pocket, clearly the shady fuckers at Monaco are footing the bill.

Yeah my first thought aswell, but I don't know why they couldn't have just paid it and activated it themselves :unsure:

Syn
27-08-2013, 09:42 PM
After watching Wenget's post match interview, it seems even more unlikely that we'll sign anyone really good. Sounded like someone who has realised he has fucked up. I think he'll go for volume again like two seasons ago - get the fans talking a bit about the new faces before the novelty wears off. Then Wenger will pray the first-team from last year stay fit and improve.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I think reading in anything to what WUMger says about transfers is pointless. I'm not sure his triple negatives can be untangled at this stage of his life.

Munchies
27-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Arsenal have enquired about Newcastle keeper Tim Krul, as they seek competition for Wojciech Szczesny. (Mirror)

GP
27-08-2013, 10:11 PM

Brilliant

Munchies
27-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Exactly, WUMger :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
27-08-2013, 10:13 PM
operation piss off alan pardew :bow:

Syn
27-08-2013, 10:15 PM
little bit dithering :bow:

Munchies
27-08-2013, 10:21 PM
How easy is it to bid for players ?

Is it just a case of faxing over a document or something (read something recently that it involved this)

We should make a go for Ben Arfa aswell.

Barfa,Krul,Kebab , £10m for the 3 of them :lol:

milla
27-08-2013, 10:29 PM
How easy is it to bid for players ?

Is it just a case of faxing over a document or something (read something recently that it involved this)

We should make a go for Ben Arfa aswell.

Barfa,Krul,Kebab , £10m for the 3 of them :lol:

Very Wonga like, all gonna get rejected. At least we can't say he didn't try. :lol:

Özil's Panoramic View
27-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Wenger. :bow:

A top WUM, tbf.

Pardiola. :haha:

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Wenger saying he is concentrating on the Spuds game.

Transfers :rose:

The Emirates Gallactico
27-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Would Chelsea sell us Juan Mata?

Syn
27-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Would Chelsea sell us Juan Mata?

No. And Mourinho said yesterday that the only reason Mata has been left out is because he's not fully fit. These rumours are ridiculous.

Master Splinter
27-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Only Juan direction I want the club to direct their transfer negotiation expertise towards.

It's only a Mata of time.

Fuck yes.

Can't wait for Kalou to sign.

hobson's choice
27-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Arsenal have enquired about Newcastle keeper Tim Krul, as they seek competition for Wojciech Szczesny. (Mirror)

I would jump for joy if we get him, on pure performance alone, he's been one of the top 3 Goalies in the League.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Galatasaray are in the race with Arsenal to sign Real Madrid's midfielder Angel di Maria, 25. Turkish media report that the two clubs have already reached an agreement on the transfer fee.
Full story: Hurriyet (in Turkish)

Arsenal target Mesut Ozil, 24, may be closer to a Real Madrid exit after reacting badly to being substituted during the club's 1-0 La Liga win at Granada on Monday.
Full story: Daily Mirror

If we lose out to Galatasaray :haha:

Ozil won't come here but hopefully Mert and Pod work their magic and somehow convince him we are the right club for him

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 11:43 PM
I would jump for joy if we get him, on pure performance alone, he's been one of the top 3 Goalies in the League.

He's better than Shdbrkdhfnrnny but top 3?

Who would you put as the other 2?

Master Splinter
27-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Krul is decent, but is just as prone to mistakes as, well, most keepers these days.

There's very little difference between all these highly-rated, definitely better than any post-Seaman Arsenal keepers that are trotted out as a solution. If there was one that had shown consistent brilliant form for a number of years and was realistically attainable, then by all means, buy him. As it stands though, Szczesny is actually pretty good and there's unlikely to be many top, top, top, top quality goalkeepers that are infinitely better than him in every regard actually available. I suppose 'experienced' back-up for the unreliable Fabianski would be useful though.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Should've got De Gea.

Rocky start but brilliant now. Best keeper in England.

How Napoli got Reina, I'll never know.

Begovic is a must get

hobson's choice
28-08-2013, 12:10 AM
He's better than Shdbrkdhfnrnny but top 3?

Who would you put as the other 2?

Right now, I only have Cech, De Gea, and he's on the same level as Lloris, and Hart.

And he doesn't make mistakes, he reads the game very well, and whatever mistakes he might makes, comes from the two ogars playing infront of him. Just my opinion, but I rate him highly.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 12:12 AM
De Gea for sure.

Cech isn't as good as he once was. Hart is toilet.

I'd put Mignolet and Begovic up there.

Master Splinter
28-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Lloris and Krul make as many, if not more, mistakes than Sir Chesney. Lloris was flaptastic at Lyon. He seems a little better now, but he's not secure at all.

Hart :haha:.

hobson's choice
28-08-2013, 12:21 AM
De Gea for sure.

Cech isn't as good as he once was. Hart is toilet.

I'd put Mignolet and Begovic up there.

Cech still comes good, Mignolet is good stopper, but he looks like he has a bit of Almunia in him. And Hart did have a bad season last year, but I still rate him.

hobson's choice
28-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Lloris and Krul make as many, if not more, mistakes than Sir Chesney. Lloris was flaptastic at Lyon. He seems a little better now, but he's not secure at all.

Hart :haha:.

I don't really see mistakes from Krul, and i've watched a good portion of their games since he's got there. Yeah his first season or so, he was a bit rash at times, but he's gotten better, and a lot more disciplined.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 12:24 AM
If we want a keeper and we desperately need one, one of Akinfeev or Handanovic will do.

Both quality, mid to late 20s.

Ralpheroo72
28-08-2013, 02:12 AM
821 pages, and we only have Winnebego to show for it!:cheers:

AKBapologist
28-08-2013, 02:17 AM
Why not Julio Cesar?

Munchies
28-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Why not Julio Cesar?

Wenger doesn't want to pay him 80 grand a week. A bit silly because he wouldn't command a huge transfer fee, he'd cost around £2m-£4m, compared to someone like Begovic who'd cost £15m

selassie
28-08-2013, 08:01 AM
If we lose out to Galatasaray :haha:

Ozil won't come here but hopefully Mert and Pod work their magic and somehow convince him we are the right club for him

Stranger things have happened!

I dunno..if Di Maria is actually on the market and we show a bit of ambition he might be attainable IMHO.

The problem is we seem to have such a rigid criteria when it comes to purchasing players that I could see us bulking and walking away.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with nobody due to Principles and all that shit.

We have clearly been after a number of players this summer, some have slipped through the net and gone elsewhere, others we just seem intent on haggling and trying to drive the price down.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Chelsea in talks with Christian Atsu, another winger/creative midfielder. :blink:

Mata coming home? :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2013, 08:07 AM
I've been looking at Chelsea's squad and they're definitely missing that kind of player.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2013, 08:09 AM
After watching Wenget's post match interview, it seems even more unlikely that we'll sign anyone really good. Sounded like someone who has realised he has fucked up. I think he'll go for volume again like two seasons ago - get the fans talking a bit about the new faces before the novelty wears off. Then Wenger will pray the first-team from last year stay fit and improve.

Yeah I think he'll take a punt on a few in hope 1 or 2 prove to be useful. The ones who are shit will be moved on next year and the cycle goes on.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Di Maria has reportedly said he has no intention of leaving.

:rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Meaning he's putting it all on Real Madrid.

JonasTC
28-08-2013, 08:44 AM
So there's 4-5 days left of the transfer window, i have no idea of what to think anymore, either its gonna go out with a bang, with all the clubs rotating players as soon as one of the big transfers going through or nothing is gonna happend at all.

Özim
28-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Di Maria has reportedly said he has no intention of leaving.

:rose:

Out favourite type of transfer targets :lol:

He played for Real against Granada, I think he's part of their plans.

Munchies
28-08-2013, 08:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq0aSa-WUjo&feature=youtu.be&a
Arsenal fan tv vid from last night, this guy knows his numbers :lol: , and everything he says about Gazidis is bloody true, Gazidis is a cunt

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Out favourite type of transfer targets :lol:

He played for Real against Granada, I think he's part of their plans.

They don't have Bale yet.

Zerlathon
28-08-2013, 09:07 AM
They don't have Bale yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Levy & Co are dragging their heels for the sole purpose of keeping him long enough to play against us then chucking him at Real Madrid on deadline day. They've already spent the money on bolstering the Team, so it's not as if they have to panic buy on the final day of the transfer window.

This also hinders us, as I don't see Real Madrid selling any of our alleged targets until this deal is done. :/

Özim
28-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Arsenal fan tv vid from last night, this guy knows his numbers :lol: , and everything he says about Gazidis is bloody true, Gazidis is a cunt
PHW's cronies are fuming at the 3P's principle :fury:

Penguin
28-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Arsene Wenegr on Juan Mata's father reportedly being in the stadium…
I have heard like you, because I watched the game last night, that Juan Mata could be on the market. I don't know. There's anyway a reluctance in England to sell to each other.

Mata coming home?

JonasTC
28-08-2013, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Levy & Co are dragging their heels for the sole purpose of keeping him long enough to play against us then chucking him at Real Madrid on deadline day. They've already spent the money on bolstering the Team, so it's not as if they have to panic buy on the final day of the transfer window.

This also hinders us, as I don't see Real Madrid selling any of our alleged targets until this deal is done. :/

Then we should go all in to break his legs :satan:

Marc Overmars
28-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Mata coming home?

A reluctance in England to sell to each other. :lol:

Except for us.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2013, 09:25 AM

It's quite possible. I think it's more likely to be Real Madrid trying to make it spread over as many payments as possible, one way or another it's surely going to be resolved with them selling somebody. Hopefully.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2013, 09:25 AM

Except for us.

They're parochial tbf. We sold to them and we still maintain the same level. :scarf:

Munchies
28-08-2013, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdvsL3UR5E

This guy :haha:

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Never watched any of these videos.

Any good?

Munchies
28-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Spuds are in talks to sign Eriksen for £12m

Surely he's worth a punt at that price, surprised no teams have gone for him really

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Ffs

That guys quality.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2013, 10:03 AM
It's got to the point now where part of me wants us to spend no money just to see what would happen

Also, most of me thinks no signings will be made anyway

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 10:05 AM
We all know what will happen.

We've see in past 4/5 seasons

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2013, 10:07 AM

Surely he's worth a punt at that price, surprised no teams have gone for him really

All this has sprung from them supposedly making a £7 million bid, nothing about them being in talks or anything.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2013, 10:12 AM
It's got to the point now where part of me wants us to spend no money just to see what would happen

They would have made fools of us all.

AKBapologist
28-08-2013, 10:16 AM
What about Juan Mata then. This is a wonderful little story and tells us a lot about the world we live in. Last night a French journalist tweeted that Juan Mata's dad - Juan Mata Senior - was at the Emirates to watch Arsenal take on Fenerbahce. This was picked up by BBC 5 Live and reported by them. By the end of the night, some Arsenal fans went to bed thinking that their club would sign the brilliant little Spaniard. What they probably didn't know was that the French journalist had deleted his tweet and moved on.

This, of course, doesn't mean that Mata Senior wasn't there. He could have been there. Does anyone know what he looks like? Did anyone spot him at the Emirates? Evidence please!
*sigh*

BlindFaith_8
28-08-2013, 10:27 AM
We are signing some world class player called Jack Shit. Wenger is on his high horse again having secured champions league proper. In his crusade deluded warpped mind, he knows this squad will make 4th place, so he wont go and buy. Flamini will be the only signing before deadline day mark my words.

milla
28-08-2013, 10:27 AM
We are signing some called Jack Shit. Wenger is on his high horse again having secured champions league proper. In his delided mind he knows this squad will make 4th place, so he wont go and buy. Flamini will be the only signing before deadline day mark my words.

delided :bow:

BlindFaith_8
28-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Also heard a rumour Mata will be signing for Spurs before deadline day in £28 Million cash deal and will wear the no 11 shirt. A mate of mine who's a painter and decorater was working at Hoddle's pad in west london. If this happens I will hang myself :(

Power n Glory
28-08-2013, 10:30 AM

No Pints, No Pies, No Programmes! :lol:

Spot on though.

selassie
28-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Maybe..possibly...we've left ourselves in such a delicate situation regarding Player recruitment, what makes it even worse if reports are to believed is that we're pinning our hopes on purchasing players from Real Madrid on the basis that they sign Bale and the players we are after actually want to come here?

Our lack of planning and hit and hope strategy is nothing short of a disgrace. We are supposed to be an Elite European club.

milla
28-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Also heard a rumour Mata will be signing for Spurs before deadline day in £28 Million cash deal and will wear the no 11 shirt. A mate of mine who's a painter and decorater was working at Hoddle's pad in west london. If this happens I will hang myself :(

Don't mind if you hang yourself now. :cold:

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2013, 10:32 AM

:haha: that never happened.

Probably don't even have a mate :coffee:

BlindFaith_8
28-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Don't mind if you hang yourself now. :cold:

:fingers::fingers:

BlindFaith_8
28-08-2013, 10:38 AM
:haha: that never happened.

Probably don't even have a mate :coffee:

That's what I heard, it wouldnt surpirse me. Why wouldnt he sign for Spurs? They are a club moving forward, a new stadium has not limited thier excessive spend in the transfer market, they are a club with ambition first unlike our club. They have one of the top traning complex in Europe with a great young and up coming manager. I think we are just a little tad envious of our neighbours down the road, dont you think.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2013, 10:41 AM
That's what I heard, it wouldnt surpirse me. Why wouldnt he sign for Spurs? They are a club moving forward, a new stadium has not limited thier excessive spend in the transfer market, they are a club with ambition first unlike our club. They have one of the top traning complex in Europe with a great young and up coming manager. I think we are just a little tad envious of our neighbours down the road, dont you think.

Jealous of spurs? Jealous of a team who's season aim every year is to beat us? A team who have failed to beat for us for 19 years? A team who has won about two trophies in 20 years compared to how many we won?

Jealous of spurs? Only one response left and that's

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Idiot

Özil's Panoramic View
28-08-2013, 10:42 AM
No reason whatsoever to envy that shower, tbh.

We are The Arsenal.

They are pondscum.

JonasTC
28-08-2013, 10:42 AM

U should become a sp*rs fan, u hate everything about arsenal and love everything about them... Its a nobrainer :)

GP
28-08-2013, 10:45 AM
U should become a sp*rs fan, u hate everything about arsenal and love everything about them... Its a nobrainer :)

He is the very definition of a no brainer.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2013, 10:48 AM

Except for us.

We are visionaries.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2013, 10:51 AM
I've been looking at Chelsea's squad and they're definitely missing that kind of player.

I agree. Mourinho is using Hazard and Oscar as man markers so a bit of creativity is needed.

milla
28-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Di Maria doesn't want to leave Madrid, http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/28/4219164/di-maria-i-dont-want-to-leave-madrid?ICID=HP_BN_3

"I understand that the club is strengthening and they are precise in what they do, But I signed up to 2018 just a year ago and my desire is to stay in the Bernabeu."

According to Moronho, Mata isn't going anywhere, http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/28/4219057/mourinho-mata-is-not-for-sale?ICID=HP_BN_4

"There is no chance Juan goes,He had a very small pre-season after the Confederations Cup. And during that pre-season he was injured.He started training two days before we played the first league match.

Unless we bid big, this lot won't come to us. I think we all should accept this fact and be happy with Ryo, Gnabry, Yaya and Frimpong covering our first eleven. In Wenger we trust :coffee:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Di Maria doesn't want to leave Madrid, http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/28/4219164/di-maria-i-dont-want-to-leave-madrid?ICID=HP_BN_3

According to Moronho, Mata isn't going anywhere, http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/28/4219057/mourinho-mata-is-not-for-sale?ICID=HP_BN_4

Unless we bid big, this lot won't come to us. I think we all should accept this fact and be happy with Ryo, Gnabry, Yaya and Frimpong covering our first eleven. In Wenger we trust :coffee:

As long as the club accept that attendances and gate receipts will be down and that most people won't renew their season ticket next year. Than we will all be happy

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2013, 11:09 AM

£12mill is an awful lot of money. That's almost Wenger's and Gazidis' earnings combined FFS! Not sure we should be spending huge amounts like that on players. Seems imprudent, especially in a recession. What would the fans think if they are scraping together the huge ticket prices and suddenly the club just blows £12mill? It would be insensitive.