PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Master Splinter
03-05-2013, 10:50 AM
This £70mill is all well and good but it assumes we have £80mill worth of players to sell (that people actually want). Can't see it.

£20m for Koscielny to Bayern.
£20m for Cazorla to Barcelona.
£35m for Theo to Liverpool.
£5m for Jenkinson to United.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2013, 10:51 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3950071

For that much, we should sell

Poor Kos, he sounds happy here, sounds like he wants to stay. I hope they aren't too rough when they force him out the door.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2013, 10:52 AM

:woohoo: £70mill war chest can be done then! Question, how many Gervinho's can we buy for £70mill?

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2013, 10:53 AM

HOLD ON A MO!

£35mill Theo to Liverpool???? Are you crazy???

Why would we accept such a lowball bid?

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2013, 10:54 AM
We better be signing Schweinsteiger this summer. No more screwing around, just sign him you fuckers.

Master Splinter
03-05-2013, 10:58 AM
:woohoo: £70mill war chest can be done then! Question, how many Gervinho's can we buy for £70mill?

I must tell you, you cannot just find Gervinhos on the market.

But we are looking, yes.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2013, 11:00 AM
I must tell you, you cannot just find Gervinhos on the market.

But we are looking, yes.

Maybe there are more Gervinhos if we look outside football. Amateur athletics? Rounders? There must be many people in the world with the same abilities as Gervinho. So I don't buy this argument from Wenger. I think he is not looking hard enough.

Master Splinter
03-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Grimandi is active. He is looking.

Does his perm get in the way little bit and hinder his judgement of a player's quality?

I will not speculate about this.

But no, we have signed Gervinho, Chamakh, Giroud. As well you see, Grimandi only recommends top, top, top, top quality.

Cripps_orig
03-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Grimandis perm is ridiculous tbh

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Grimandis perm is ridiculous tbh

Your post raises a very interesting question.

Why aren't GWers ending their postings with tbf or tbh any more? It's a shame when traditions die out, tbh.

Munchies
03-05-2013, 12:06 PM

Why aren't GWers ending their postings with tbf or tbh any more? It's a shame when traditions die out, tbh.

They've swapped it with 'your face' instead :lol:

Cripps_orig
03-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Tbf your face is a bit of a shit expression

KSE Comedy Club
03-05-2013, 01:18 PM

I still do on the odd occasion tbh, tbf.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-05-2013, 03:01 PM
reading a few pages back, laudrup :lol:

half a good season with swansea and everyone's riding him. lets see how he does in his 2nd, 3rd even 4th year with them. we've seen this all before, a great start to the league or cup triumph then a monumental demise. his record since swansea won the carling cup:

WLLLDDL

and people want him here? :lol: based on what, half a good season with a team that was set up for him? :haha:

cant help but feel if he wasnt this suave character then people wouldnt be blowing him so much. if he looked like a gremlin from scotland people's perceptions would come down to reality.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2013, 03:12 PM
That 'gremlin from Scotland' hasn't won anything though, so I don't really get the point. You go so far to deride Wenger at every opportunity, I don't really get why you're scoffing at other managers being suggested, you'd think anyone other than Wenger would be preferable to you.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-05-2013, 03:53 PM
i never made winning a trophy a prerequisite though. any manager clearly isnt acceptable, i wouldnt want someone like martinez here for example. i think moyes is the only 'tangent' solution i'd go for purely because of what he's done at everton, taken them from nowhere to somewhere. it would be similar to laudrup going to swansea years ago when nothing was set in place, languishing at the bottom of the league, then turning them into a consistent top 7 side all with no money. i think thats what makes moyes stand out. he clearly has something to be able to do that and if you give a manager two options: 1. win a trophy but go into a monumental demise 2. consistently finish in the top 7 in the premiership, they'd always take option 2, and so would their fans. what moyes has done has been far more impressive. as i said, lets see what laudrup does next season.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Obviously challenging in all competitions is the wish, of all fans but what is the necessary for the next manager then? Saying Moyes has taken Everton from nowhere to somewhere simplifies it slightly because it makes it sound like there have been no poor years, when he has had a few (2003/2004 and 2005/2006) for instance).

It's churlish to say he had everything set up for him there though, it rather suggests we should only ever be looking at managers that have taken a struggling club and improved upon them significantly. The odd thing is that you're laughing at Laudrup for doing the one thing you're clearly praising Moyes for - continuity! Continuity is a big thing I concede and continuing what may or may not have been there before is not the easy thing to do at a club that you seem to suggest it is.

You could be just as churlish and say Everton have been everpresents in the Premier League (though they've come very close to relegation before) and so having them as top seven, when there are seven of those teams in the Premier League is not a particularly great achievement. Looking at the table coldly and blankly you say Laudrup has taken a mid table side and...has them in midtable but he's done that and won something, which is huge for a club that has only been in the league for two seasons.

Moyes has reached a glass ceiling that he can't break, maybe that's based on financial limitations but as we've seen at Arsenal, I think it's a close minded way of looking at it. He has had multiple opportunities to be successful in that tangible way but has failed, on numerous occasions.

Your two point choice isn't neccesarily true. I'd have thought it would be but there are plenty of Birmingham supporters that would not give up their win against us, even though they have massive financial problems and haven't been doing particularly well in the Championship. In any case, praising Moyes for that is no different to Arsenal supporters beng ok with the continuity and safety Wenger gives us - someone you have patently made clear before you want rid of.

Dennis Bendtner
03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Moyes doesn't appeal at all. He's a better version of the infinite percentage managers recycled in the league. Drab football and not especially imaginative. Another one of those oop norf get amongst them they don't like it up em shitbags as well. Fuck him.

You have to look at what Laudrup does over a longer period of time than this. Right now he could be bracketed with several young managers and it's not like all of them will be successful at top clubs. He's been at a few clubs and even at Swansea there was doubt over whether he'd sign for a second season.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2013, 04:38 PM
I have my doubts over Laudrup because I think he is probably too relaxed on physical condition, so I'd imagine we'd tire at the end of games rather than be the more likely ones to score. Of course, it could mean we don't see soporific peformances in the first half but there's no guarantee.

Can't deny the charisma and respect Laudrup would probably command though. He was an unbelievable player.

KSE Comedy Club
03-05-2013, 04:44 PM
I don't want any manger from this league to replace wenger.

None of them are good enough IMO bar siralex an that is obviously a no go.

We need to be looking abroad for wengers replacement.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Kroenke out. Gazidis out. Then let's see.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Replacing Wenger with Moyes. :haha:

Regression. :bow:

Power n Glory
03-05-2013, 09:02 PM
That 'gremlin from Scotland' hasn't won anything though, so I don't really get the point. You go so far to deride Wenger at every opportunity, I don't really get why you're scoffing at other managers being suggested, you'd think anyone other than Wenger would be preferable to you.

Exactly. A senseless argument. We can't go from Wenger to David Moyes.

With Laudrop, I can at least respect the way he sets his teams up to play football. Simple but beautiful and attacking football that doesn't require superstar players. Moyes has a different attitude and believes it's the superstar players that dictates the way a team plays. There is a fundamental difference to the way he thinks about football and what we've been building here with Wenger.

It also makes no sense to bash Wenger for being cautious and then holding up Moyes as a beacon of hope. He's won nothing but has a good record of balancing the books. It would be a serious worry if the Board were considering him. It would show where they place their priorities. Wenger preaches financial prudence but he also talks a lot about the beauty of the game, attacking football and youth development. I'd hope they'd consider that side as well when appointing a new coach.

Ollie the Optimist
03-05-2013, 10:15 PM
do goal.com just get a list of our players, and a list of clubs, close their eyes, point at our player, then point at a club and make up a rumour about it?

like fuck we would sell kos. he signed a new deal last year plus he is our best defender

Munchies
03-05-2013, 10:31 PM
do goal.com just get a list of our players, and a list of clubs, close their eyes, point at our player, then point at a club and make up a rumour about it?

like fuck we would sell kos. he signed a new deal last year plus he is our best defender

That site is awful, haven't been on it properly in around 5 years :lol:

But for the Kos deal, it'll happen if the price is right :geek:

Sell Kos for £20m
Get Williams for £5m
£15m profit = Winning

http://thisisfutbol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ArseneWengerSmiling.jpg

Cripps_orig
03-05-2013, 10:34 PM
We win the profit making trophy :trophy:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Obviously challenging in all competitions is the wish, of all fans but what is the necessary for the next manager then? Saying Moyes has taken Everton from nowhere to somewhere simplifies it slightly because it makes it sound like there have been no poor years, when he has had a few (2003/2004 and 2005/2006) for instance).

It's churlish to say he had everything set up for him there though, it rather suggests we should only ever be looking at managers that have taken a struggling club and improved upon them significantly. The odd thing is that you're laughing at Laudrup for doing the one thing you're clearly praising Moyes for - continuity! Continuity is a big thing I concede and continuing what may or may not have been there before is not the easy thing to do at a club that you seem to suggest it is.

You could be just as churlish and say Everton have been everpresents in the Premier League (though they've come very close to relegation before) and so having them as top seven, when there are seven of those teams in the Premier League is not a particularly great achievement. Looking at the table coldly and blankly you say Laudrup has taken a mid table side and...has them in midtable but he's done that and won something, which is huge for a club that has only been in the league for two seasons.

Moyes has reached a glass ceiling that he can't break, maybe that's based on financial limitations but as we've seen at Arsenal, I think it's a close minded way of looking at it. He has had multiple opportunities to be successful in that tangible way but has failed, on numerous occasions.

Your two point choice isn't neccesarily true. I'd have thought it would be but there are plenty of Birmingham supporters that would not give up their win against us, even though they have massive financial problems and haven't been doing particularly well in the Championship. In any case, praising Moyes for that is no different to Arsenal supporters beng ok with the continuity and safety Wenger gives us - someone you have patently made clear before you want rid of.

but the concept of continuity between the two clubs differ; if you break it down into different typology then the meaning of continuity we attach to moyes is completely different to the meaning of continuity we attach to swansea. moyes done it all himself, he took a team scrapping relegation and turned them into one of the most consistent teams in the league. he has been at the club for 10 years. that's continuing. laudrup came in less than 1 year ago, continuing on from others. it's different. if we're gonna look at simplistically then laudrup has done nothing compared to moyes. he came in and took over from previous managers who set absolutely everything in place, notably martinez in 2006. people seem to suggest continuity is important but have they taken a look at laudrup's managerial record?

2002–2006 Brøndby
2007–2008 Getafe
2008–2009 Spartak Moscow
2010–2011 Mallorca
2012–present Swansea City

where's the continuity in that?

it's even worse for his playing career, im sure we're all aware of it. the guy completely defies the meaning of continuity.

and i dont get this comparison between me bashing wenger for not delivering trophies and then apparently contradicting myself by wanting moyes here. lets get one thing straight, we speak of them in different context; at everton, no-one expects moyes to deliver trophies every year but at arsenal its completely different because we expect trophies and something to show at the end of every season. whilst finishing 5th is good for everton, finishing 4th is bad for us. you can only compare the two if moyes had the resources wenger has had but he hasnt, he's had less than most managers in the league.

we are an elite club playing in the champions league, underperforming because of self inflicted wounds. there is no indication of that at everton, there is no loony manager making horrendous decisions, no manager who makes tactical howlers, no self inflicted wounds. im not sure how much economic background you have but to put it in blatant terms, everton are busting gut and managing to perform on the production frontier even though they shouldnt be e.g. they are over-performing, while we are underutilising resources and performing inside the frontier. everton can push a gut to try and take another step up but it will never happen; their gate receipts, stadium, lack of commercials wont allow it. its different here because we have all of that in place so if moyes came here, i think he'd do better with the resources available.

Munchies
03-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Exclusive: Sagna prepares for Arsenal stay after PSG switch falls through – but Anzhi are getting ready to pounce

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2319176/Bacary-Sagna-set-stay-Arsenal-possible-Paris-Saint-Germain-hit-snag--exclusive.html#ixzz2SH4XHUMd

First reaction : Fuck sake
Second reaction : :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2013, 11:17 PM
but the concept of continuity between the two clubs differ; if you break it down into different typology then the meaning of continuity we attach to moyes is completely different to the meaning of continuity we attach to swansea. moyes done it all himself, he took a team scrapping relegation and turned them into one of the most consistent teams in the league. he has been at the club for 10 years. that's continuing. laudrup came in less than 1 year ago, continuing on from others. it's different. if we're gonna look at simplistically then laudrup has done nothing compared to moyes. he came in and took over from previous managers who set absolutely everything in place, notably martinez in 2006. people seem to suggest continuity is important but have they taken a look at laudrup's managerial record?

2002–2006 Brøndby
2007–2008 Getafe
2008–2009 Spartak Moscow
2010–2011 Mallorca
2012–present Swansea City

where's the continuity in that?

it's even worse for his playing career, im sure we're all aware of it. the guy completely defies the meaning of continuity.

and i dont get this comparison between me bashing wenger for not delivering trophies and then apparently contradicting myself by wanting moyes here. lets get one thing straight, we speak of them in different context; at everton, no-one expects moyes to deliver trophies every year but at arsenal its completely different because we expect trophies and something to show at the end of every season. whilst finishing 5th is good for everton, finishing 4th is bad for us. you can only compare the two if moyes had the resources wenger has had but he hasnt, he's had less than most managers in the league.

we are an elite club playing in the champions league, underperforming because of self inflicted wounds. there is no indication of that at everton, there is no loony manager making horrendous decisions, no manager who makes tactical howlers, no self inflicted wounds. im not sure how much economic background you have but to put it in blatant terms, everton are busting gut and managing to perform on the production frontier even though they shouldnt be e.g. they are over-performing, while we are underutilising resources and performing inside the frontier. everton can push a gut to try and take another step up but it will never happen; their gate receipts, stadium, lack of commercials wont allow it. its different here because we have all of that in place so if moyes came here, i think he'd do better with the resources available.

If he defies the meaning of continuity then what is the point stating he has everything already set up for him at a club? If there isn't anything within him that maintains what has gone before then praising Martinez/Rodgers for what they did at Swansea is rather irrelevant. That's why I mentioned continuity with him because you were talking about what was there before he was appointed and so what he has done this season is because of them and he is just doing the same thing as them. A manager that is smart enough to work with what is there to begin with isn't to be scoffed at, coming in and reinventing the wheel would be the easiest thing to do (not that someone like Michu was there to begin with).

The problem you have is that you're extrapolating Moyes' performance based on money alone and not accounting for any other factors. He has proven many a time he is excellent with his team as an underdog (apart from his record against us and away to the better teams) but he is very, very poor when it generally comes to getting results against teams that probably have less going for them than Everton do. You can't put getting hammered 0-3 at home to Wigan in an FA Cup tie due to having his hands tied, just like we can't when we have failed to win a domestic cup.

Just like some have been criticised before by not seeing Wenger's failings and using a lack of money as a reason for us not winning Premier League/Champions League, the same is happening here with Moyes. It doesn't matter if we're talking about a different level if the same situations are arising, a different tariff of what's expected will be used for Moyes then it will for Wenger but it doesn't mean any criticisms should be waived away.

Also, we were putting Moyes' record against someone that has won something rather quickly and you can deride Laudrup for being at a club where he has it all set up for him if you like but I bet that 'economic background' you refer to would show that Swansea aren't exactly a financial goldmine either. In any case, these are the figures I could find for Everton http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/everton-transfers.html I wouldn't take those transfer fees quite as what they state they are but I don't think they are wildly inaccurate.

Another also, you didn't answer what the prerequisite for the next manager is.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-05-2013, 11:45 PM
If he defies the meaning of continuity then what is the point stating he has everything already set up for him at a club? If there isn't anything within him that maintains what has gone before then praising Martinez/Rodgers for what they did at Swansea is rather irrelevant. That's why I mentioned continuity with him because you were talking about what was there before he was appointed and so what he has done this season is because of them and he is just doing the same thing as them.

The problem you have is that you're extrapolating Moyes' performance based on money alone and not accounting for any other factors. He has proven many a time he is excellent with his team as an underdog (apart from his record against us and away to the better teams) but he is very, very poor when it generally comes to getting results against teams that probably have less going for them than Everton do. You can't put getting hammered 0-3 at home to Wigan in an FA Cup tie due to having his hands tied, just like we can't when we have failed to win a domestic cup.

Just like some have been criticised before by not seeing Wenger's failings and using a lack of money as a reason for us not winning Premier League/Champions League, the same is happening here with Moyes. It doesn't matter if we're talking about a different level if the same situations are arising, a different tariff of what's expected will be used for Moyes then it will for Wenger but it doesn't mean any criticisms should be waived away.

Also, we were putting Moyes' record against someone that has won something rather quickly and you can deride Laudrup for being at a club where he has it all set up for him if you like but I bet that 'economic background' you refer to would show that Swansea aren't exactly a financial goldmine either.

Another also, you didn't answer what the prerequisite for the next manager is.

i dont get your first paragraph. how hard is it to understand that laudrup defies continuity because he hasn't been anywhere for more than a few years while moyes has been at a club for 10. if you cant grasp how moyes signifies the concept of continuity but laudrup doesnt, then i cant keep repeating it. swansea signify continuity, yes e.g. they bring in managers that continue their philosophy. but laudrup doesnt. detach them from each other. he has had everything done for him; he came in, sat in the seat and put his foot on the pedal. moyes had to make the car, fuel it then ease onto the pedal.

i see the point about confining moyes to finance but isnt that important nowadays? it links back to the contextuality issue mentioned earlier, each club has its own problems and should be judged on that. you cant compare arsenal to everton because you'll always say 'moyes shouldnt come here because he hasnt won a trophy with everton'. its like saying 'my car is better than yours even though my budget was x2 of yours'. its incomparable. but i feel like im just repeating myself i.e. he's working miracles on a shoestring budget etc so maybe we'll just leave this debate, clearly we're at loggerheads.

one last thing regarding a comment someone made earlier: "Moyes has a different attitude and believes it's the superstar players that dictates the way a team plays. There is a fundamental difference to the way he thinks about football and what we've been building here with Wenger". im sorry but that is absolute rubbish. the one thing people always associate with everton is their workman, labouring type attitude. how everyone puts in a shift etc. to suggest moyes or everton are dictated by superstars is absolute tosh and just plainly untrue. how can people make such rubbish up? :lol: the problem with everton has probably been their lack of superstars to really push them on a bit further. what absolute tosh :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2013, 12:06 AM
i dont get your first paragraph. how hard is it to understand that laudrup defies continuity because he hasn't been anywhere for more than a few years while moyes has been at a club for 10. if you cant grasp how moyes signifies the concept of continuity but laudrup doesnt, then i cant keep repeating it. swansea signify continuity, yes e.g. they bring in managers that continue their philosophy. but laudrup doesnt. detach them from each other. he has had everything done for him; he came in, sat in the seat and put his foot on the pedal. moyes had to make the car, fuel it then ease onto the pedal.

i see the point about confining moyes to finance but isnt that important nowadays? it links back to the contextuality issue mentioned earlier, each club has its own problems and should be judged on that. you cant compare arsenal to everton because you'll always say 'moyes shouldnt come here because he hasnt won a trophy with everton'. its like saying 'my car is better than yours even though my budget was x2 of yours'. its incomparable. but i feel like im just repeating myself i.e. he's working miracles on a shoestring budget etc so maybe we'll just leave this debate, clearly we're at loggerheads.

You said he completely defies the meaning of continuity though. The meaning of continuity (yes in its pure dictionary definition) is in fact enhanced more by Laudrup's time at Swansea because there has been a change in manager, when disruption is more likely to come. Regardless of whatever happens from now on, he is the manager that has got them in to Europe, after one season.

Also, am I right to think that whatever happens (assuming it is positive) with Everton from after Moyes has gone that the new manager would not get much credit from you?

I disagree on what you say about Arsenal & Everton as a comparison, judging each club in its own self-contained box of criterions just means that a lot more defence for Wenger can be sought than what you would ordinarily say. You mention that you can't compare Everton to Arsenal but can you (financially presumably) compare Arsenal to Man City or Chelsea? Even Man Utd? Saying he is working miracles is exactly what is said about Wenger by the very same people in the media and many non Arsenal supporters. Yes we are Champions League level and they are not but again, as I said before, the same situations with money can be applied and what is expected can be changed accordingly; it doesn't make the discussion any less valid.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Well I want to go back to pacey, powerful, technical football and get away from boring shit tippy tappy. Certainly I don't want to see tedious percentage footie so I regret to inform you Moyes won't be invited to be the next Arsenal manager. It wasn't even a difficult decision. I don't want that grim, joyless, safe and dull pair of hands here. We need to move on don't we? Not consolidate the shit we have to put up with at the present. It would really help if the miserly yank would fuck off too.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-05-2013, 12:18 AM
@maccy

he defies continuity. swansea dont. simple.

and why shouldnt you compare arsenal to man city? rich owner, check. big stadium, check. cash reserves, check. just because they are pumped by 'dirty' money and we choose not to spend any doesnt mean they are streets ahead of us. we have the money but choose to piss around, if we werent underutilising our resources so much we'd be up there challenging. for example, we finished with 70 points last year, we'll probably finish with roughly the same this year. if we kept van persie he would've probably got us an extra 10 points over the course of the season and we end up nearer 80 points. you're challenging for the title with that. everton are nowhere near doing that.

thats why i dont think arsenal and everton are comparable but it is much more complex than that, as you say. it all comes down to opinions, it wouldnt be fun if we all agreed now would it.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2013, 12:30 AM
he defies continuity. swansea dont. simple.

and why shouldnt you compare arsenal to man city? rich owner, check. big stadium, check. cash reserves, check. just because they are pumped by 'dirty' money and we choose not to spend any doesnt mean they are streets ahead of us. we have the money but choose to piss around, if we werent underutilising our resources so much we'd be up there challenging. for example, we finished with 70 points last year, we'll probably finish with roughly the same this year. if we kept van persie he would've probably got us an extra 10 points over the course of the season and we end up nearer 80 points. you're challenging for the title with that. everton are nowhere near doing that.

thats why i dont think arsenal and everton are comparable but it is much more complex than that, as you say. it all comes down to opinions, it wouldnt be fun if we all agreed now would it.

Oh ok.

You seem to be thinking that I am expecting Everton to be challenging for the title so it can prove Moyes has done something worthy, that's not what I am saying. If you look at their results though, they could do better - if they could show this Europa League level this season, why couldn't they last season at the start (and in seasons before that)? Why has Moyes had so many poor results against sides that earn a lot less and have spent a lot less than they do? Why did they finish eleventh in the season he spent the most money with them? These are all reasonable questions that don't even need a comparison or lack there of to Arsenal, though those same questions are just as reasonably asked of about Wenger.

Man City haven't just had money, they've had money with basically no restriction, self imposed or otherwise. I know it will probably taken as a criticism of them but it's not, it's just truthful and in terms of us winning the league, that makes it very unlikely. It doesn't mean we can't be successful in other competitions though and that's at the crux of things with Moyes too.

GP
04-05-2013, 12:32 AM
I'd quite like to buy Maccy a beer.

Several, actually.

Power n Glory
04-05-2013, 01:45 AM

one last thing regarding a comment someone made earlier: "Moyes has a different attitude and believes it's the superstar players that dictates the way a team plays. There is a fundamental difference to the way he thinks about football and what we've been building here with Wenger". im sorry but that is absolute rubbish. the one thing people always associate with everton is their workman, labouring type attitude. how everyone puts in a shift etc. to suggest moyes or everton are dictated by superstars is absolute tosh and just plainly untrue. how can people make such rubbish up? :lol: the problem with everton has probably been their lack of superstars to really push them on a bit further. what absolute tosh :haha:

You misunderstand. This is from Moyes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/oct/05/everton-david-moyes

He states: "Folk think I'm defensive but I was brought up on the best attacking team ever in terms of style and what was demanded, Glasgow Celtic. I have also played under coaches who showed me another style. I want my team in the opponents' half having shots. I've only been brought up that way and no other way. But you can only win games with the tools you have available and if you don't have them you need to find other ways of winning. Otherwise I wouldn't still be in the job.

"I didn't have the tools to win that way five or six years ago. What I have had is time to get to the point where I am now being asked about being entertaining."

You can win with flair but we won a lot of games 1-0 that year. We were consistent, hard to beat. There are different ways of skinning a cat.

I saw an interview with him on Football Focus this year and he expanded on this point about not having the players to play attractive football. It probably stems back to Gerrard's criticism of Everton being a long ball team. It makes sense to do what you have to do to survive and work with what you have. But it's taken him years to change his approach and Everton still aren't that great to watch now. They were very defensive against us when the Top 4 spot was on the line and both teams needed the points. Compare his philosophy to Wenger's. Arsene took boring '1 nil Arsenal' and installed his attacking philosophy over night and he had us playing champagne football on the cheap. Old tools in the box were sharpened up and he had our wingbacks going forward with every player keeping the ball on the deck and not hoofing it long when back in defence. He taught ball retention and keeping it simple. Great attacking football.

Now Laudrop has similar a philosophy.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19346728

"You can't ask players to do things that Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are doing, but you can ask the easy things. Sometimes the easiest things in football - a simple pass five or eight yards - can be the most effective. That, everybody can learn and everybody can improve."

I like that sort of attitude. No rubbish about not having the tools to play that sort of way and I'm sure I've heard Fat Sam and Dirty Harry use the same sort of excuse. We used to hear the excuse all the time when teams would kick lumps out of us, park the bus and hoof it long. I have a lot of respect for the new managers that have come to the Prem and haven't played that way. I have a problem with managers that use finances as an excuse to explain their brand of football. It doesn't fit with what we've built here with Arsene. I give him a lot of stick but he you have to respect what he's done here and we should expand on it. Someone like Laudrop is from a similar background and Moyes just isn't.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2013, 08:18 AM
I'd quite like to buy Maccy a beer.

Several, actually.

Sounds good.

Booze. :bow:

LDG
04-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Booze. :bow:

:sick:

I feel fuckin awlful.

GP
04-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Me too :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Time to get bacon on.

Laudrup would approve.

Master Splinter
04-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Laudrop :bow:.

Cripps_orig
04-05-2013, 11:28 PM
QPR striker Loic Remy, 26, hopes to complete a summer transfer to Arsenal. The France international will be available for £6m because of a relegation release clause in his contract.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Swap with Giroud.

milla
05-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Remy is shit too.. Get Lewandowski ffs, no point wasting money buying shit players to replace shit players.. :coffee:

Power n Glory
05-05-2013, 05:31 AM
That wonder goal wasn't shit. I don't know haven't seen him play that much. He seems to have to things we desperately miss up front. Pace and the ability to shoot. We really need to go back to signing fast strikers. Lewankdowski isn't coming here. Why move from Dortmund to join Arsenal?

milla
05-05-2013, 07:19 AM
That wonder goal wasn't shit. I don't know haven't seen him play that much. He seems to have to things we desperately miss up front. Pace and the ability to shoot. We really need to go back to signing fast strikers. Lewankdowski isn't coming here. Why move from Dortmund to join Arsenal?

He has one year left and refused to sign a new deal with Dortmund, he will definitely leave. His commanding fee should not be more than £25 million, which is good value for a goal scoring striker. Though Barcelona, Marketing and Chelsea might want him as well. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
05-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Swap with Giroud.

Pay them 6m to take Giroud. Remy would be a useful 4th choice striker ahead of walnut but we need some proper strikers too.

Marc Overmars
05-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Remy seems like a realistic bet.

The likes of Falcao and Lewandowski are in the other supermarket we don't shop in.

Niall_Quinn
05-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Remy seems like a realistic bet.

The likes of Falcao and Lewandowski are in the other supermarket we don't shop in.

Yes, Wenger sometimes sneaks into that other supermarket and picks up Silvestre from the ponging offers counter.

Power n Glory
05-05-2013, 09:50 AM
He has one year left and refused to sign a new deal with Dortmund, he will definitely leave. His commanding fee should not be more than £25 million, which is good value for a goal scoring striker. Though Barcelona, Marketing and Chelsea might want him as well. :coffee:

Why would who go from playing with a title winning team and CL finalists to a team struggling to secure 4th? We don't pay competitive wages either so it's not going to happen. He's looking at a move to one of the elite clubs. I don't doubt that he'd leave Dortmund. It just wouldn't make sense for him to leave there to come here.

Niall_Quinn
05-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Why would who go from playing with a title winning team and CL finalists to a team struggling to secure 4th? We don't pay competitive wages either so it's not going to happen. He's looking at a move to one of the elite clubs. I don't doubt that he'd leave Dortmund. It just wouldn't make sense for him to leave there to come here.

We will send him yesterday's match video vs QPR and he will want to come here for certain. When he sees how much quality we have he will not be even a little frightened.

milla
05-05-2013, 10:23 AM

Maybe cos he wants to play which is why I ruled out Manu and Citeh. I can only think of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Barcelona but the Spanish clubs will probably go Falcao, Llorente or other Spanish based players. Which would leave Chelsea and PSG (a downgrade too), the Italians can't afford him too. If Wumger play his cards right, he could sign him. But he won't :coffee:

KSE Comedy Club
05-05-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm more hopeful of us signing Jovetic tbh.

Remy would be more of a backup signing tbh.

Ollie the Optimist
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM
stewart robson has been saying this morning that united need to sign jack,

and he wonders why everyone fucking hates him, the ****

milla
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm more hopeful of us signing Jovetic tbh.

Remy would be more of a backup signing tbh.

Don't watch Italian games, can't say if Jovetic is good or not. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
05-05-2013, 11:36 AM

Nothing more vindictive than a moany old woman spurned.

Japan Shaking All Over
05-05-2013, 04:29 PM

Robson needs to STFU

selassie
05-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Maybe cos he wants to play which is why I ruled out Manu and Citeh. I can only think of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Barcelona but the Spanish clubs will probably go Falcao, Llorente or other Spanish based players. Which would leave Chelsea and PSG (a downgrade too), the Italians can't afford him too. If Wumger play his cards right, he could sign him. But he won't :coffee:

lol!

Why on earth would he want to come here? Arsenal is a step down from Dortmund these days. Sure we are the more prestigious club, but that means shit to players when the said club doesn't win anything.

He's been winning trophies at Dortmund, he won't be coming here, i'm pretty sure of that.

We'll have a summer of Remy's, Ashley Williams and Mingelot or whatever he is called. We'll be lucky to even get that.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-05-2013, 11:38 PM
It gives the chance for Lewandowski to earn more and link up with his Polish born mate and indeed, his two Polish mates (hopefully).

In realistic terms, :lol:.

LDG
05-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Stewart robson. Worst arsenal person since van persie :lol:

Munchies
06-05-2013, 12:06 AM
^ A bit harsh :lol:

Injury Time
06-05-2013, 07:14 AM

Saw Manc friend at the weekend, says Jack is what they need and that they need to invest to up their game. Good job "we have little bit great squad and that the future is bright" :scarf: :crying: :ilt:

Niall_Quinn
06-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Saw Manc friend at the weekend, says Jack is what they need and that they need to invest to up their game. Good job "we have little bit great squad and that the future is bright" :scarf: :crying: :ilt:

It's worse than that, they are wondering if it's next year or the year after the deal will be tied up and they are talking about how he fits into their current squad. They've skipped right past the part where they actually sign him, based on years of us sticking up the for sale sign every transfer window no doubt. It's an assumption now. Selling our biggest assets has been part of the strategy for a long time now, hard to see why it will change with Jack.

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 06:22 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3960152

Hope this happens

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3960152

Hope this happens

Don't want him here. He looks like the untalented member of tears for fears. If he plays that way we are fucked. Let's just give Theo a pay rise and settle for that.

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Well if anyone deserves one it is theo tbh.

Legend in the making :bow:

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Well if anyone deserves one it is theo tbh.

Legend in the making :bow:

Yep, treble it.

kas
07-05-2013, 09:22 PM

He also gave a shout for 'Conte - Juventus' as our next (at once) manager
Which I would settle for!

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Surprising if the Mancs being after jack story is true.

They ave Cleverley who's just like jack.

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Former Arsenal midfielder Alex Song, 25, has insisted that he will not return to England despite failing to hold down a regular first-team place at La Liga giants Barcelona.
Full story: London Evening Standard

Birmingham await.

Grebbo
08-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Cheeky bid for RVC?

GP
08-05-2013, 03:29 PM
LOL no

Ollie the Optimist
08-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Cheeky bid for RVC?

followed by a public execution? im in

Cripps_orig
08-05-2013, 11:07 PM
CHARLIE AUSTIN has issued a ‘come and get me’ plea to Premier League clubs.
Arsenal and Newcastle are among those tracking the Burnley striker, who hit 28 goals this term.
Austin, 23, has a year left on his contract but admits he hopes a top-flight club comes in.
He said: “If it comes this summer, I’ll take it and I’ll leave Burnley with my head held high.
“When that chance comes, every footballer wants to play in the Premier League.”
But Austin says he will be happy to stay if there is no interest.
He added: “No matter what the rumours are I’ve no intention of going anywhere unless the club say so.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4918792/Charlie-Austins-come-and-get-me-plea-to-Premier-League-clubs.html#ixzz2SkH2hdR9

Can't be worse than Giroud.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Finally. Charlie Austin has long been the missing piece of the puzzle.

Cripps_orig
08-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Arsene Wenger and his board are believed to be at odds over whether Arsenal should launch a summer move for QPR striker Loic Remy, 26, or Vitesse forward Wilfried Bony, 24.
Full story: Daily Star

Arsenal are believed to be keeping tabs on 24-year-old Stuttgart goalkeeper Sven Ulreich.
Full story: talkSPORT

Arsenal, Tottenham, West Brom, Fulham, Aston Villa and Swansea are believed to be keeping an eye on the contract situation of Manchester City's 22-year-old midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim.
Full story: Daily Star

Get Remy

Who?

Who?

Munchies
09-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Who?

Who?

:haha:

Been like that for the past 8 years

IBK
09-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Get Remy

Who?

Who?

Remy is a lazy, gutless c unt.

...he'd fit right in at Arsenal, so I'd back him to be coming.

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Crooknapp has said Julio Cesar is leaving.

Wenget should sign him.

Kano
09-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Remy is a lazy, gutless c unt.

...he'd fit right in at Arsenal, so I'd back him to be coming.

what's that opinion based on?

IBK
09-05-2013, 11:32 AM
what's that opinion based on?

My QPR season ticket holder mate, admittedly! :lol:

Globalgunner
09-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Get Remy

Who?

Who?w
If there is a choice between any two players. You can bank on Wenger to pick out the worse one. His track record speaks for itself

Gooner23
09-05-2013, 01:48 PM
w
If there is a choice between any two players. You can bank on Wenger to pick out the worse one. His track record speaks for itself

Yep, cos he's never signed any good players before

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Yep, cos he's never signed any good players before

On balance he hasn't done so well over the last few years. For every one good player there must be at least three stinkers.

GP
09-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Wenger in a nutshell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzklLjY85s

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Luke's father is Chewbacca. :lol:

PGFC
09-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Mmm Fire Sale at Everton eh? Baines anyone?

GP
09-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Nah, our shit hair quota is full.

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Would have said yes to Baines before Monreal, but 2 #decent left backs is enough now.

I'm sure there will be interest in Fellaini though.

Come on Wenget.

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Would have said yes to Baines before Monreal, but 2 #decent left backs is enough now.

I'm sure there will be interest in Fellaini though.

Come on Wenget.

Fellaini is off to Utd now surely? And Anichebe will be off our shit radar as he'll be essential to DFMs long ball game.

Ollie the Optimist
09-05-2013, 05:56 PM
both geoff and camden are saying on twitter right now, that there is genunie arsenal interest in rooney and apparently he is interested in us. 20 million.

not sure what to make of that as an option. is he worth it at all?

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Why not.

Buy all the players!

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 06:16 PM
both geoff and camden are saying on twitter right now, that there is genunie arsenal interest in rooney and apparently he is interested in us. 20 million.

not sure what to make of that as an option. is he worth it at all?

Yes. 20m is not a lot really for a player of his ability.

The only trouble with him is that he's a loose cannon.

Must admit, I do like the idea of Wazza showing Wheelchair the GHEL ropes.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-05-2013, 06:16 PM
At the price I reckon we should have a pop.

And watch Moyes' head explode.

Ollie the Optimist
09-05-2013, 06:23 PM
rooney is comfortably better then our current strikers, and i cant think of anyone else better at that kind of price. but would wenger risk 20 million plus a lot on wages, for a loose cannon?

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2013, 06:24 PM
At the price I reckon we should have a pop.

And watch Moyes' head explode.

http://i42.tinypic.com/25gteh3.jpg

GP
09-05-2013, 06:31 PM
We would never pay his wages.

Move along.

Cripps_orig
09-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Time for Baines to come home.

With Gibbs injury prone and santos and Monreal shocking, we need a left back

fakeyank
09-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Rooney will never come here..

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 07:03 PM
rooney is comfortably better then our current strikers, and i cant think of anyone else better at that kind of price. but would wenger risk 20 million plus a lot on wages, for a loose cannon?

I doubt it. He can't manage a player like that.

Wazza is only signing for Arsenal on FIFA.

He'll go to Chelsea if he's allowed to leave.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Rooney is fast becoming a useless fuck.

His decline is apparent and I don't think that granny shagging bastard has the discipline to turn things around.

No thanks.

Grebbo
09-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Rooney's one of these players that'll be fucked when he hits 30.

He's been played to death since he was 16 and his style takes a lot out of the body. He's never struck me as the type of player that looks after his body like Giggs etc. He's never looked particularly fit either.

Nah, best to steer clear even if we could afford his wages and he wanted to join us.

He's already 27 so you'd probably get a couple of seasons out of him.

RVC is the one to have from Manure!

GP
09-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I doubt it. He can't manage a player like that.

Wazza is only signing for Arsenal on FIFA.

He'll go to Chelsea if he's allowed to leave.

If he's smart he'll go abroad.

Chelsea it is, then.

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Have we forgotten that dive? He could never ever come here and we would never pay his crazy wages anyway. It would be awful if that was our summer business. Let the chavs have him so they can complete the Schevchenko, Torres, Rooney hat trick of has-beens.

Cripps_orig
09-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Plus if we get him, our dream signing of that Austin chap from Bradford or burnley whoever will never happen.

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Plus if we get him, our dream signing of that Austin chap from Bradford or burnley whoever will never happen.

And Biglia would never come here either.

Cripps_orig
09-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Need to go for Inler

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Need to go for Inler

Cheeky derisory bid?

Globalgunner
09-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Wenger tells Wayne that 4th is as good as a trophy. Gue a lot of Merseyside industrial language followed by a sudden sweep of all the files on Wengers desk onto the carpet, then the loud slam of an office door.

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Wenger tells Wayne that 4th is as good as a trophy. Gue a lot of Merseyside industrial language followed by a sudden sweep of all the files on Wengers desk onto the carpet, then the loud slam of an office door.

Or maybe he was telling him Arshavin ate all the pies.

Munchies
09-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Arsenal line up Sagna replacement as Polish star Piszczek could join Dortmund exodus

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2322196/Arsenal-sign-Lukasz-Piszczek-Borussia-Dortmund.html#ixzz2Sq7ZHjXX

Dortmund are getting raided by everyone ! (Dont expect us to get anyone from them though)

Cripps_orig
09-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Lokomotiv Moscow are believed to have joined Arsenal and Tottenham in the queue to sign Getafe's 23-year-old Moroccan international midfielder Abdelaziz Barrada.
Full story: talkSPORT

Hope he's as good as our last Moroccan.

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Arsenal line up Sagna replacement as Polish star Piszczek could join Dortmund exodus

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2322196/Arsenal-sign-Lukasz-Piszczek-Borussia-Dortmund.html#ixzz2Sq7ZHjXX

Dortmund are getting raided by everyone ! (Dont expect us to get anyone from them though)

Why are they all leaving? Because they want CL footie? Because they want to win trophies? Must be, as money is never a motivation. Makes you wonder what a club can do to hang on to these ****s these days, short of changing their name to Real Marketing.

Munchies
10-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Why are they all leaving? Because they want CL footie? Because they want to win trophies? Must be, as money is never a motivation. Makes you wonder what a club can do to hang on to these ****s these days, short of changing their name to Real Marketing.

Yep, they're just pissing on a club that's given them everything. Stupid twats. Lewandowski, who a couple of years ago could have been at Blackburn, is heading to Bayern aswell

GP
10-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Apparently Lewandowski was offered to a bunch of clubs including spurs for less that £5m before he left Poland.

Spurs turned him down :lol:

fakeyank
10-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Apparently Lewandowski was offered to a bunch of clubs including spurs for less that £5m before he left Poland.

Spurs turned him down :lol:

And spurs signed Barndoor for 5 million quid :haha:

GP
10-05-2013, 12:54 AM
And Ade signed Barndoor for 5 million quid :haha:

Eh?

fakeyank
10-05-2013, 07:17 AM
I meant to say spurs! Not Ade.. edited my OP now :lol:

Cripps_orig
10-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Manchester City, Tottenham and Arsenal all want Roma's £20m-rated Bosnia midfielder Miralem Pjanic, 23.
Full story: The Sun

Good player. Won't come.

Marc Overmars
10-05-2013, 09:16 AM

Would be a 'triffic replacement.

GP
10-05-2013, 09:19 AM
lol piss czek

Japan Shaking All Over
10-05-2013, 02:06 PM
:doh:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-05-2013, 02:14 PM
:doh:

:gp:

Injury Time
10-05-2013, 06:53 PM
lol piss czek

Would have Rio running for cover tho...

selassie
10-05-2013, 10:24 PM

I don't think this story has any mileage. He'll cost a bit and would he really leave Dortmund for us?

Cripps_orig
10-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Arsenal have made Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic, 23, their top summer target and are confident of landing him for a bargain price.
Full story: Metro

Bargain price :lol:

Cripps_orig
11-05-2013, 08:46 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3970127

Can we seriously not find anyone better than Ashley fucking Williams? Is that the calibre of player we attract these days?

Wenger out.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Assuming this is true (and it probably isn't because let's face it, it's once in a blue moon we buy someone from a Premier League team) we're looking at third choice presumably, so probably not.

Vermaelen. :wave:

The Emirates Gallactico
11-05-2013, 02:19 PM
We would never pay his wages.

Move along.

This. It's clear this is all just a negotiation tactic from Wazza to get one last mega contract before he starts declining. Would be very clever if it were not for the fact he pulled the same shit back in 2010. We're never going to get him.

Fuck of with Ashley Williams crap. I'd much rather give Miguel a go. In any case the Centre back personal isn't the problem - it's usually our setup and general defensive organisation, though based on our form in 2013 we may not need to work on it that much.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Interesting. . .

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/15001/20130511/arsenal-transfer-news-higuain-move-agreed-real-madrid-striker-sign.htm

Injury Time
11-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Interesting. . .

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/15001/20130511/arsenal-transfer-news-higuain-move-agreed-real-madrid-striker-sign.htm

I can see the if onlys when we get 5th :ilt:

I_Killed_Kenny
11-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Goal.com (yes, i know its goal.com!) Have the same story pretty much but he is going to juve and not us, 21m they say

Munchies
11-05-2013, 09:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKAwAfECMAEvlLb.jpg

Niall_Quinn
11-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Will we have to support another club if Rooney comes here? Luckily it is impossible it will happen.

Grebbo
12-05-2013, 12:54 AM
Even if Rooney wanted to join us, which he wouldn't, we would never ever ever pay his wage demands. He's on something ridiculous like £250k pw and would probably want to beat that if he moves.

Total non starter.

Jovetic and a replacement for Sagna is probably the best we can hope for this summer.

selassie
12-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Im surprised some of you guys are turning your noses up at Ashley Williams. He's a really good player IMHO, strong, a leader, and a fairly clean tackler for a big man.

I like him, would love us to sign him and rotate him with Merts.

Master Splinter
12-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Williams is more error-prone than all our CBs put together.

He's flavour-of-the-season because of Swansea's style and League Cup success.

Chico would probably be a better signing.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Please get him. Please.

That way we can't.

selassie
12-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Williams is more error-prone than all our CBs put together.

He's flavour-of-the-season because of Swansea's style and League Cup success.

Chico would probably be a better signing.

Don't agree at all, we are a top of the league for the most errors that lead to goals for a reason.

I would say Ashley Williams is rated because he has had a very good season, it's got nothing to do with their style of play, he's not even a ball playing CB, a more "traditional british scrapper". He's a very consistent performer IMHO.

Yeah I like Chico too, but I wouldn't say he would be a better fit for us. He's a better ball player but we don't need a ball player.

Joker
12-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Whenever I've seen Williams he looks a good player, although admittedly I haven't watched too much of Swansea recently.

Master Splinter
12-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Please get him. Please.

That way we can't.

Despite what self-harming, eternally morose and illogical Arsenal fans would have you believe, we rarely sign anyone from within the PL. Arteta and even Gallas were desperate measures. We've certainly never shown any genuine interest in the five billion average, mid-table players that cheap rags and websites link us with forever.

Sadly, Liverpool have though.

Or not so sadly.

Williams has to better than Squirtle in recent times and the Stoke chairman's son though? £16m bid?

Master Splinter
12-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Don't agree at all, we are a top of the league for the most errors that lead to goals for a reason.

I would say Ashley Williams is rated because he has had a very good season, it's got nothing to do with their style of play, he's not even a ball playing CB, a more "traditional british scrapper". He's a very consistent performer IMHO.

Yeah I like Chico too, but I wouldn't say he would be a better fit for us. He's a better ball player but we don't need a ball player.

It's all our team contributing to the errors though. The non-Vermaelen CBs have both had good seasons on the whole.

Williams isn't a bad player, but he's not a better defender than Koscielny and BFG. And despite Vermaelen being awful recently, he has shown he can be a good player in the past. If we're buying someone like Williams as third/fourth choice, it's not too bad. But he wouldn't improve our defence.

We're not buying him anyway. Just like we're not buying Kalou, Biglia, N'Zonzi, Scott Dann or Trabelsi.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Despite what self-harming, eternally morose and illogical Arsenal fans would have you believe, we rarely sign anyone from within the PL. Arteta and even Gallas were desperate measures. We've certainly never shown any genuine interest in the five billion average, mid-table players that cheap rags and websites link us with forever.

Sadly, Liverpool have though.

Or not so sadly.

Williams has to better than Squirtle in recent times and the Stoke chairman's son though? £16m bid?
Well I think both are off in the summer anyway, so with Carragher retiring it'd leave a big gap to be filled.

I think he'd be a decent player so long as you didn't over pay. Something you probably wouldn't do, but we might. And frankly I could see it being about that price.

There have been many other (and younger) names linked though, so there's always hope. Hope to be dashed...

Nice additions for the repost as well.

Master Splinter
12-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Nice additions for the repost as well.

I deleted while editing.

Fucking had to type it out again from memory. Were there some additions?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-05-2013, 01:17 PM
:lol: rooney

do some of these journo's have common sense?

although i think he'd do well here under a manager who'll support him and base the team around him. his talent is unquestionable, just needs to be at a club he's loved at. i dont think thats the case at united anymore.

selassie
12-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Despite what self-harming, eternally morose and illogical Arsenal fans would have you believe, we rarely sign anyone from within the PL. Arteta and even Gallas were desperate measures.

Not sure whether that was a dig at me, even if it wasn't i'm getting pretty giddy looking up at you on that Horse.

Dennis Bendtner
12-05-2013, 09:41 PM
mmm sweet lemonade

-Xs-
12-05-2013, 11:51 PM
We'd never pay Rooneys wages. Unless he was going to take a massive pay cut (:lol:) this just isn't a deal which would ever happen

Munchies
13-05-2013, 12:24 AM
If we get rid of the Squilachis/Denilsons/Bendnters and the Chamakhs at the club, that alone can free up alot to get him in, but yeah, dont see it if he doesnt slash his demands by atleast 100k

Japan Shaking All Over
13-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Rooney. . .have to say it just isnt going to happen but I would take him if it looed possible. . .soe are saying that he will be finished come 30 (which maybe right) but I thought that we are of the consensus that we need an,immediate fix which Rooney could offer. , .surely we havent got time for aother project like Gerv or Big Sexy? Rooney would create a bloody buzz around the place and would be out to prove a point from the off.

Its the wages, after haggling with Theo over 10,000 pounds are,we about to pay someone doule our current highest earner? Argument is that he is twice the player. . .still!

Cripps_orig
13-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Incoming Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola accepts Jack Wilshere will stay at Arsenal this summer but has made the England midfielder, 21, a long-term transfer target.

Full story: Metro

You can take the **** out of Barca but you can't take the Barca out of the ****.

Xhaka Can’t
13-05-2013, 06:28 AM
If the Club are saying, and PHW pretty much alluded to it himself, that they couldn't pay RVP's wage demands, yet a year later stump up for Rooney's, that would just look ridiculous. That is why I don't see this happening.

Power n Glory
13-05-2013, 08:58 AM
If the Club are saying, and PHW pretty much alluded to it himself, that they couldn't pay RVP's wage demands, yet a year later stump up for Rooney's, that would just look ridiculous. That is why I don't see this happening.

I don’t see it happening and can’t see him wanting to sign for us but you make a good point about the RVP wage issue. We couldn’t afford RVP’s wages a year ago but suddenly find money to pay Rooney? It’s not impossible considering we have the new Prem money and sponsorship money kicking in soon. Also, I would have thought they’d have taken the new Prem and sponsorship money into account when talking over up RVP’s contract. It may explain why we’ve been able to break the wage structure with Theo. But surely they’d have used the same foresight when considering RVP’s contract?

This makes me think back to what Wenger said about signing players to big contracts when they’re on the verge of decline and past their physical peak. If that’s the reason why we let RVO go then it makes no sense to sign Rooney.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Guys, it's Rooney! Even if this was remotely possible, it's Rooney FFS! This would be like having RvN at the club or Crooknapp as manager. Some things can't happen and must never happen. We don't need to chuck all dignity away and go full city mode, we just need 4-5 proper signings in the Arsenal tradition (pre cursed stadium) and a readjustment in terms of what we thing ambition is. On the other hand, if we really want to piss in the tall grass with clubs like Utd, let's not be going after their refuse, it's not Rooney we want it's Ronaldo. Escort that yank by the ear to his bank and put in that bid and now you are talking. Let's do it properly if we are going Hollywood.

BOBN
13-05-2013, 10:04 AM
You can take the **** out of Barca but you can't take the Barca out of the ****.
Too bad he wouldnt get into their side, would be good for england if wilshere worked under a tactician like pep so he could one day become a proper player.

Kano
13-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I don’t see it happening and can’t see him wanting to sign for us but you make a good point about the RVP wage issue. We couldn’t afford RVP’s wages a year ago but suddenly find money to pay Rooney? It’s not impossible considering we have the new Prem money and sponsorship money kicking in soon. Also, I would have thought they’d have taken the new Prem and sponsorship money into account when talking over up RVP’s contract. It may explain why we’ve been able to break the wage structure with Theo. But surely they’d have used the same foresight when considering RVP’s contract?

This makes me think back to what Wenger said about signing players to big contracts when they’re on the verge of decline and past their physical peak. If that’s the reason why we let RVO go then it makes no sense to sign Rooney.
i reckon at that stage, everyone in the club knew that rvp was on his way. the point of phw coming out was to shift the emphasis away from our complete inability to win anything toward wages, so that became the 'reason' rvp wanted to leave. rvp knew were were winning shit for a while yet and knew his best chance was with united under ferguson - given his record it's a no brainer. we could've afforded the wages if we wanted this season without any issue and we probably offered him a huge increase to match united but it wasn't enough. wenger himself said rvp turned down 300k from city, so it's clear what his priorities were. we didn't have a chance in keeping rvp in any sort of 'happy' situation. we could've clung on for another year but that would not have worked out well at all i believe.

IBK
13-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Guys, it's Rooney! Even if this was remotely possible, it's Rooney FFS! This would be like having RvN at the club or Crooknapp as manager. Some things can't happen and must never happen. We don't need to chuck all dignity away and go full city mode, we just need 4-5 proper signings in the Arsenal tradition (pre cursed stadium) and a readjustment in terms of what we thing ambition is. On the other hand, if we really want to piss in the tall grass with clubs like Utd, let's not be going after their refuse, it's not Rooney we want it's Ronaldo. Escort that yank by the ear to his bank and put in that bid and now you are talking. Let's do it properly if we are going Hollywood.

This. A little sanity here, please!

Gooner23
13-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Dortmund in talks with Christian Eriksen.

He's the kind of player we should be looking at if we're serious.

Munchies
13-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Dortmund in talks with Christian Eriksen.

He's the kind of player we should be looking at if we're serious.

Wow, perfect player for Dortmund to replace Gotze .

Kano
13-05-2013, 11:11 AM
A 21 year old AM? last thing we need at the moment.

Gooner23
13-05-2013, 01:13 PM
A 21 year old AM? last thing we need at the moment.

21 but already has quite a bit of experience. Would definitely improve us.

Didn't say we don't need to strengthen in other areas as well.

Power n Glory
13-05-2013, 01:27 PM
i reckon at that stage, everyone in the club knew that rvp was on his way. the point of phw coming out was to shift the emphasis away from our complete inability to win anything toward wages, so that became the 'reason' rvp wanted to leave. rvp knew were were winning shit for a while yet and knew his best chance was with united under ferguson - given his record it's a no brainer. we could've afforded the wages if we wanted this season without any issue and we probably offered him a huge increase to match united but it wasn't enough. wenger himself said rvp turned down 300k from city, so it's clear what his priorities were. we didn't have a chance in keeping rvp in any sort of 'happy' situation. we could've clung on for another year but that would not have worked out well at all i believe.

We didn't even get to the stage of offering him a new deal but I agree, the wage talk was a smokescreen.

I think we could have clung on to him if we'd signed one or two more quality players. When we signed Cazorla and talking about signing Nuri Sahin on loan, there talks about him thinking of staying. He played a pre season game for us at that point. But maybe the writing was already on the wall. But I hope we don't repeat the same mistakes.

Kano
13-05-2013, 01:27 PM
@gooner23

be realistic. with santi, jack and even rosicky playing there, it's a position wenger won't even be looking at and rightly so.

Power n Glory
13-05-2013, 01:33 PM
What positions will he be looking at? Santi doesn't really work on the flanks and the midfield haven't really ticked this year. We need more creativity.

Kano
13-05-2013, 01:36 PM
as a priority it has to be strikers, and deeper central midfield. that way we can hopefully find a better balance. now of course, this is wenger we are talking about so it will probably be left back top of his list.

Power n Glory
13-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I have serious doubt about him signing another striker. He'll try to make Gervinho, Pod or Walcott play there in the pre season before deciding to splash out. Someone will have to go if not. I have a strange feeling Gervinho is on the verge of greatness. :lol:.

If he sorts out his finishing.....

GP
13-05-2013, 02:14 PM
as a priority it has to be strikers, and deeper central midfield. that way we can hopefully find a better balance. now of course, this is wenger we are talking about so it will probably be left back top of his list.

Jovetic for starters.

Then Cesc.

Marc Overmars
13-05-2013, 03:05 PM
A striker and CM is the minimum I'm hoping for this summer.

I think we are ok at the back. The only thing that needs to be resolved there is whether Vermaelen keeps the captaincy.

I_Killed_Kenny
13-05-2013, 03:16 PM
a striker, but not jovetic, no need for another forward/striker that scores barely 1 in 3. we have those already. DM is a must, poss 2 of them. RB if sagan goes as we cant rely on jenks and bellerin.

Damiao anyone? would really piss the scum off.

Grebbo
13-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Rumours going around that Man Utd are going after Fabregas.

Surely not!

Marc Overmars
13-05-2013, 03:40 PM
:sick:

Power n Glory
13-05-2013, 03:41 PM
I'll just stop watching football if that happens!

GP
13-05-2013, 03:43 PM
We have first refusal on him.

Grebbo
13-05-2013, 04:02 PM
We have first refusal on him.

That doesn't mean anything though if Fabregas chooses them over us.

Marc Overmars
13-05-2013, 04:19 PM
I reckon United is probably the only other club he would join here, as I can't see him wanting to be part of the circus at City or Chelsea.

I suppose with having a first refusal, we would actively need to make a decision should United go after him.

Marc Overmars
13-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Monaco are reportedly prepared to pay Falcao's 50m release clause. :rolleyes:

Another billionaire playing Football Manager.

Grebbo
13-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I think Utd with Moyes is a far less attractive proposition for Fabregas. Knowing Arsenal though we probably would turn down the chance to re-sign him anyway.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Fabregas and RvP at Utd? How could any fan be expected to give a fuck about any of these players if that happened?

Munchies
13-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Monaco are reportedly prepared to pay Falcao's 50m release clause. :rolleyes:

Another billionaire playing Football Manager.

Aren't they in Ligue 2 ? :lol:

Kano
13-05-2013, 05:41 PM
couldn't care less if fab ended up at united.

he left for another club already, so where he goes now means nothing to me. great player, would be fantastic if he ever came back but if not, then so what.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2013, 06:31 PM
couldn't care less if fab ended up at united.

he left for another club already, so where he goes now means nothing to me. great player, would be fantastic if he ever came back but if not, then so what.

Well, because football was just a whole lot better when kids grew up at the club and spent their entire careers there - and also grew up within the sounds of the stadium. Yes, there were exceptions but now the exceptions are the majority rule. Football has been turned into a consumer item and it's shit. We're all here wondering who will sign in the summer (lol - we never learn) but who really cares if the club has simply become a place players come to to earn money and earn exposure for their next move? Would Henry have ever played for the spuds? You have to hope no, you just have to. Why is it important? Why do we drape silly scarves around our necks and sing silly songs that don't even rhyme? If we lose the abstract and just focus on the practical then stop football now because it's dumb, a bunch of grown men chasing a ball. Or the women's view of the sport. It's the stuff that's not tangible and not practical that makes it football.

IBK
13-05-2013, 07:12 PM
We didn't even get to the stage of offering him a new deal but I agree, the wage talk was a smokescreen.

I think we could have clung on to him if we'd signed one or two more quality players. When we signed Cazorla and talking about signing Nuri Sahin on loan, there talks about him thinking of staying. He played a pre season game for us at that point. But maybe the writing was already on the wall. But I hope we don't repeat the same mistakes.

Its said that RVP had a change of heart after making the signings we did, but Wenger didn't resolve things with him.

Kano
13-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Well, because football was just a whole lot better when kids grew up at the club and spent their entire careers there - and also grew up within the sounds of the stadium. Yes, there were exceptions but now the exceptions are the majority rule. Football has been turned into a consumer item and it's shit. We're all here wondering who will sign in the summer (lol - we never learn) but who really cares if the club has simply become a place players come to to earn money and earn exposure for their next move? Would Henry have ever played for the spuds? You have to hope no, you just have to. Why is it important? Why do we drape silly scarves around our necks and sing silly songs that don't even rhyme? If we lose the abstract and just focus on the practical then stop football now because it's dumb, a bunch of grown men chasing a ball. Or the women's view of the sport. It's the stuff that's not tangible and not practical that makes it football.
and there is also a cut off point of how long you let an ex-player affect you. two years in barcelona is enough for me. he was also not a pivotal enough player instrumental in any success of this club. he was and is a great player but did he help evolve arsenal? no. a legend? i'd say not. henry? ridiculous to even ask.

Marc Overmars
13-05-2013, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't say Cisc is a legend but he was certainly a very committed player for the best part of his time here. The fans took to him and he fought for the cause (sometimes literally), so it would sting a little bit if he ended up at another club in this country. But hey ho, that's football.

Munchies
13-05-2013, 08:52 PM
if Cesc comes back, plays like he did before, and actually stays here , I think he can regain that legendary status, providing we win something.

But yeah, it'll feel odd seeing him for another premiership team. Just remembered his goal against Rosenborg :bow:

Grebbo
13-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I was shocked when I saw that Cesc is 26! Seems like yesterday when he was 16 in our midfield and was a joy to watch.

I'm not sure I'd want him back as we need to move on but if he does come back to the prem then it has to be to Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2013, 09:11 PM
and there is also a cut off point of how long you let an ex-player affect you. two years in barcelona is enough for me. he was also not a pivotal enough player instrumental in any success of this club. he was and is a great player but did he help evolve arsenal? no. a legend? i'd say not. henry? ridiculous to even ask.

Well I'm still pissed at Stapleton.

Kano
13-05-2013, 09:22 PM
so you should be, he helped create part of the modern fabric of this club. three fa cup finals, cup winners cup final - he was a key part of an iconic team before his bitch rvp move.

fabregas? he set up quite a lot of goals. there's the difference.

Munchies
13-05-2013, 09:34 PM
With Fabregas, we all knew he'd end up going back to Spain one day, we all just thought he'd be closer to his 30s when he did so. That said, he played with his heart out, eg when he broke his leg and continued on when we used all the substitutes against Barca.

Stapleton/Rvp are on the same level of twats, don't know too much about Stapleton though as I never saw him play, but I did have his signature and a letter from him around 9 years ago which I didn't look after :lol: . RVP leaving did make me genuinely pissed off though.

Power n Glory
13-05-2013, 09:38 PM
We were once blessed with a talented bunch of players and they should have won something whilst here. We used to play stunning football and it was a joy to watch.

Munchies
13-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Arsenal are close to securing a deal for Aston Villa teenager Danny Crowley, who is being dubbed the new Wilshere.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324035/Arsenal-set-sign-Danny-Crowley-Aston-Villa-new-Jack-Wilshere.html

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2013, 10:45 PM
"....What they done in your head?"

-Xs-
13-05-2013, 10:56 PM
I think the Cesc / Manu story is nothing but media tit-for-tit for the Rooney / Arsenal stories.

Doubt there is truth in any of it. Doubt there is truth even in an Arsenal / Cesc reunion. I reckon he would probably stay with Barca, or possibly go to Italy.

Cripps_orig
13-05-2013, 11:11 PM
@gooner23

be realistic. with santi, jack and even rosicky playing there, it's a position wenger won't even be looking at and rightly so.

Eriksen is better than all of them

Cripps_orig
13-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Rumours going around that Man Utd are going after Fabregas.

Surely not!

A **** for a **** club.

Perfect match.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Cesc will not go to UTD unless we show absolutely no interest in him whatsoever. . .the fact that the story is pure media bullshit. . .makes it irrelevant anyhow.

UTD do have RvP which could entice Fabs but nahh!

As for RvP, he went in order to win shit, which he has but do ou think he questions the chance of the run continuing?

PGFC
14-05-2013, 08:09 AM
We'll need a replacement for whilchair, ankle surgery over summer? back by August 2015 then <_<

Japan Shaking All Over
14-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Just read another article about who we should go for in the summer, usual suspects

We need a DM, no fcuk getting Song, article listed Capoue and Gonalons. . .we wont get both so which one, both could go for same price.

We went for Capoue in Jan, no dubt offered peanuts, do we go there again?

I_Killed_Kenny
14-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Should really go blaise matuidi from psg. Best of the french dm's

Munchies
14-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Just read another article about who we should go for in the summer, usual suspects

We need a DM, no fcuk getting Song, article listed Capoue and Gonalons. . .we wont get both so which one, both could go for same price.

We went for Capoue in Jan, no dubt offered peanuts, do we go there again?

Gonalons I reckon, captain of Lyon (albeit who aren't as good now), and he got into the Team of the Season in Fifa 13 :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
14-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Should really go blaise matuidi from psg. Best of the french dm's

added that he is the man at PSG which is why Capoue should give up on looking for a place in Paris

Munchies
14-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Wenger refuses to rule out Arsenal move for Rooney

"Look, I'm not in a position today to speak about any transfer targets. What I am focused on is the short term and after the Newcastle game I give you answer about these questions," the Frenchman told reporters.

And when pressed as to whether he could ever see such a star swap Old Trafford for the Emirates, Wenger added: "I just told you!"
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/14/3977684/wenger-refuses-to-rule-out-arsenal-move-for-rooney?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

Marc Overmars
14-05-2013, 10:22 AM
That's not really relevant to Rooney though, he'd respond the same way to any name mentioned. :lol:

Munchies
14-05-2013, 10:40 AM
That's what I thought when I read the article, Goal.com for you

Grebbo
14-05-2013, 11:21 AM
We're supposedly after the 'New Jack Wilshere' the old one is only 21 FFS....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324035/Arsenal-set-sign-Danny-Crowley-Aston-Villa-new-Jack-Wilshere.html

Arsenal close in on Villa youngster Crowley... aka the new Wilshere

Arsenal are close to securing a deal for Aston Villa teenager Danny Crowley, who is being dubbed the new Jack Wilshere.
City were also keen on the diminutive 16-year-old midfielder.

Crowley has impressed for England when playing in the Victory Shield, an annual home nations international tournament.
Arsenal scouts have kept their eye on the player for a number of months now and it is understood that Arsene Wenger has the go ahead to pursue a deal.

Grebbo
14-05-2013, 11:26 AM
I actually think it's time that we went back to signing exciting kids. There was a time when we pined for experienced players but they've turned out to be pretty shit eg Podolski, Arteta, Vermaelen etc

It's clear we're not going to sign any experienced star players so I'd rather go back to the days of exciting inexperienced young players.

We of course wont win anything with them and they'll sod off to Man City when they get bored but the football a few years ago when we had Cesc, Nasri etc was fantastic to watch even if it wasn't winning football.

Even our Carling Cup team was a joy to watch which it isn't now. The likes of Vela and co brought much entertainment.

If we're not going to win anything we might as well not win anything with attractive football.

Marc Overmars
14-05-2013, 11:36 AM
We just need to start signing players with a bit of quality again regardless of age. We have too many players now who are one dimensional and need to be played to their so called strengths to be effective.

Xhaka Can’t
14-05-2013, 01:39 PM

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/14/3977684/wenger-refuses-to-rule-out-arsenal-move-for-rooney?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

Reading that quote, it looks like he is refusing to rule out an Arsenal move for Messi as well!

Marc Overmars
15-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Remy has been arrested on suspicion of rape. :lol:

Might rule us out of potentially signing him.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2013, 11:12 AM
The Chairman knows how to pick 'em.

GP
15-05-2013, 11:15 AM
She said No, Remy, she said no...

fakeyank
15-05-2013, 09:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/0uZwi.gif

Munchies
15-05-2013, 09:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0uZwi.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t1IVBKFRGw

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2013, 09:50 PM
He's on his way!

Munchies
15-05-2013, 09:55 PM
"Newcastle United are preparing a shock bid for want-away Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney. SportsDirect News has learned the Magpies have already sounded out Rooney's agent over a potential move, with United keen to offload the 27-year-old.

"Rooney is seen as a perfect candidate to boost the Magpies' chances of a top-four tilt next season – and is seen as a man who will be hero-worshipped at St James' Park."

The article, which has appeared on the company's website, also quotes a source "close to negotiations" who says: "Newcastle see Wayne as their ideal player. He's a strong centre-forward, would relate to the fans and would be a massive boost to the club's brand name.

"Low-level conversations have already been held between Newcastle and Rooney's agent, though the two clubs haven't spoken directly yet."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/15/wayne-rooney-newcastle-united-sports-direct

PGFC
16-05-2013, 08:18 AM
BACARY SAGNA has stunned Arsenal by opening the door for a summer move to Paris Saint-Germain or Monaco.

From the Sun

:wave: Bye then.

Kano
16-05-2013, 11:02 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/15/wayne-rooney-newcastle-united-sports-direct

The website of Sports Direct, the retail company owned by the Newcastle United owner, Mike Ashley, has apologised for publishing a story suggesting that the club were trying to sign Wayne Rooney from Manchester United, admitting that it was untrue.

The striker, who was targeted by Newcastle before he moved to United from Everton in 2004, is contemplating a transfer from Old Trafford, with Sir Alex Ferguson claiming after his final home game in charge that the forward has asked to leave the club. A number of clubs have been linked with Rooney and Sports Direct claimed that Newcastle were in the hunt.

The original story, which has been removed from the site, read: "Newcastle United are preparing a shock bid for want-away Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney. SportsDirect News has learned the Magpies have already sounded out Rooney's agent over a potential move, with United keen to offload the 27-year-old.
:lol:

alexander
16-05-2013, 08:30 PM
From the Sun

:wave: Bye then.

`Stunned`, not really, didnt we expect this.

Injury Time
16-05-2013, 08:45 PM
`Stunned`, not really, didnt we expect this.

More stunned that their scouting must be shit!

Munchies
16-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Another re-hashed Rooney story, this time we're on Red Alert :good:

Arsenal on red alert for Rooney with Wenger bolstered by £70m transfer kitty... but will Wayne's wages scupper the move?

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2325815/Arsenal-red-alert-Wayne-Rooney-Arsene-Wenger-bolstered-70m-transfer-kitty.html

Cripps_orig
16-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund have joined Arsenal and AC Milan by showing an interest in Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, 22.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Looks like he won't be coming then

Ollie the Optimist
16-05-2013, 10:50 PM
This Rooney story won't go away perhaps there might be something to it

Would be one hell of a statement if it happened

Özil's Panoramic View
16-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Would be unbearable seeing him in anything except our shirt next season.

Niall_Quinn
16-05-2013, 11:33 PM
It's the stories about getting rid of Chamakh, Bendtner, Park and the other deadbeats that I want to hear. As long as they are clawing cash our options are limited.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-05-2013, 11:45 PM
This Rooney story won't go away perhaps there might be something to it

Would be one hell of a statement if it happened

:lol: like trabelsi? huntelaar? mata?

he aint coming. get over it.

Cripps_orig
16-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Arsenal, Tottenham and Fulham are tracking Watford striker Matej Vydra, 21, who has yet to decided whether to return to parent club Udinese, stay at Watford or move elsewhere.
Full story: Daily Express

Who?

Munchies
17-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Trabelsi !!! :haha:

We were so close to getting him, that he was listed as one of our players in one of the PES games

^ Vydra is a decent player, top scorer for Watford (and Champ I think) , look at this goal :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuSsBUg2ehE

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 12:05 AM
We should be going all out for Isco.

CM is a position we are well stocked but he is better by some distance than every player we have in CM. With Malaga in money troubles and Pellegrinis future unclear, we should move for him ASAP.

Munchies
17-05-2013, 12:07 AM

CM is a position we are well stocked but he is better by some distance than every player we have in CM. With Malaga in money troubles and Pellegrinis future unclear, we should move for him ASAP.

Daily Mail have put his price tag at £27m :lol:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2325166/Manchester-City-recruit-Malagas-Isco-addition-Manuel-Pellegrini.html

Can't see us spending that much on a player like Isco, max we can buy is a Cazorla type, ie £15m I guess

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Trabelsi !!! :haha:

We were so close to getting him, that he was listed as one of our players in one of the PES games

^ Vydra is a decent player, top scorer for Watford (and Champ I think) , look at this goal :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuSsBUg2ehE

A decent goal indeed but he's played in a pub team league. Hardly the kind of player we need to take us back where we want to go.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Daily Mail have put his price tag at £27m :lol:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2325166/Manchester-City-recruit-Malagas-Isco-addition-Manuel-Pellegrini.html

Can't see us spending that much on a player like Isco, max we can buy is a Cazorla type, ie £15m I guess
Not so long ago, Isco has a release clause of £17m I think. Did he sign a new contract where it went higher?

Offer 20m and Cazorla.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Isco is a very good player and one we should seriously look at even though we may be a bit flushed in that department at the mo. . .however get ready for Citeh to go a knocking on Malagas door as soon as Pella'whatever' is made boss

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Quality over quantity.

Isco is better than Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere etc

Having too many players in one position should never be a reason not to buy genuine quality.

BOBN
17-05-2013, 01:40 AM

well hes not a CM so maybe you should scout him some more before we forward your recruitment plans to Mr Wenger :pal:

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 06:10 AM
He's an attacking midfielder..

Power n Glory
17-05-2013, 08:38 AM
We need to reshuffle the middle. Jack will probably be off the pace again next season with the surgery. He doens't really chip in with the goals and assists anyway. Arteta is useless....I also have a feeling will continue play Cazorla out wide and get rid of Podolski.

Joker
17-05-2013, 09:22 AM
We're linked with a striker:

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/05/french-media-report-arsenal-deal-for-striker-sanogo/

PGFC
17-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Mmm. It Sanogo

Edinburgh Gooner
17-05-2013, 09:38 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2325465/Marouane-Chamakh-targets-Premier-League-exit-return-France-Bordeaux.html

Bye bye Chamakh

Marc Overmars
17-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal 1h

Wenger on signing Yaya Sanogo: 'It is in advanced stages but it is not done' #NUFCvAFC

That's our striker then.

Thrilling.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Wenget wasn't going to miss out on this particular Yaya.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 10:12 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2325465/Marouane-Chamakh-targets-Premier-League-exit-return-France-Bordeaux.html

Bye bye Chamakh

Very good news if this is happening. Several false dawns with his departure already so I'll believe it when some other poor bastard somewhere has a press conference.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 10:13 AM
That's our striker then.

Thrilling.

This will kill that kid from Burnley we were going to sign. Even so, nice coup. Take that chavs, city and Utd. Barca :haha: Looks like the big players are coming back to Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Mmm. It Sanogo

He's French lower league and free, ticks all the boxes.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Arsenal are plotting a summer move for unsettled Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 27, who has asked to leave the Premier League champions.
Full story: Daily Mail

Hope this happens

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Hope this happens

Looks like the media has settled on its summer bullshit will never happen made up story.

Marc Overmars
17-05-2013, 10:18 AM
This will kill that kid from Burnley we were going to sign. Even so, nice coup. Take that chavs, city and Utd. Barca :haha: Looks like the big players are coming back to Arsenal.

The Rooney/Higuain/Jovetic smokescreen. :bow:

All for Yaya.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Wenget wasn't going to miss out on this particular Yaya.

to make sure he didnt become Niang MarkII

BOBN
17-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Rather go for youth than mediocre experience like podolski. Good signing.

GP
17-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Never heard of him tbh but he's quite highly rated.

Young, free, I don't see any problem.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 11:04 AM
That's our striker then.

Thrilling.
As it says in jokers link above, young, shit, injury prone, no ones heard of him, French.

Classic Wenger signing.

Whilst on the other side of north London, spuds are after genuine world class players like Villa.

Considering they were only one decent striker away from making us their bitches, next season is fucked if they gt Villa