PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Niall_Quinn
06-06-2013, 11:27 PM
We've need a player like him for a long time. I think he'd do well with us (on the few occasions when he wasn't suspended). But if there's anyone else in teh hunt for him then forget it, we won't be in there at the end of the bidding.

Cripps_orig
06-06-2013, 11:29 PM
There will be no bidding war. We have activated the release clause so it's up to the player now if someone else comes in.

We're fucked

Niall_Quinn
06-06-2013, 11:48 PM
There will be no bidding war. We have activated the release clause so it's up to the player now if someone else comes in.

We're fucked

Yes there will. City will bid 24mill, we will bid 20mill, so Liverpool will bid 140mill and we will react with a 3mill bid. So probably he won't be coming here. But we might still get that bloke from Burnley.

Grebbo
07-06-2013, 12:02 AM
The thing about Fellaini is he's a dirty fucker who constantly fouls. "Great" I hear you say, "just what we need" well maybe he is but one thing's for sure is his constant fouling will stand out like a sore thumb in our team of nimby's. He blended in with "plucky" Everton and their bunch of scrotes but in our team he's gonna get booked A LOT mark my words.

I'm in two minds really. £20m isn't a bad price considering he cost Everton £15m and has bags of Prem experience.

Xhaka Can’t
07-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Goal.com last rumour..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xOnBc30qbq4

Well played sir! :clap:

Xhaka Can’t
07-06-2013, 06:31 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMGwYOoCQAESQT4.jpg

:bow:

:lol:

Where is Press Box Gooner these days?

LDG
07-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Fellani. :lol:

PGFC
07-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Marquee signings at the Emirates? :haha:

Marc Overmars
07-06-2013, 07:13 AM
The slashed odds don't really mean anything as they only follow a trend. Wenget has never paid a premium for a bona fide Premier League flavour of the month type, and I can't see him doing it now.

Although I'd be impressed if it did happen tbf.

Munchies
07-06-2013, 07:52 AM
All these articles from Gazidis about spending big...

Season ticket renewals are on the horizon

GP
07-06-2013, 07:58 AM
All these articles from Gazidis about spending big...

Season ticket renewals are on the horizon

Been and gone.

Munchies
07-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Ah, lets hope he actually means it then !

I_Killed_Kenny
07-06-2013, 08:13 AM
AST meeting for the annual Q&A on Monday so could well be the usual PR they pull out each year before the session. BUT the words have never been as bullish before. Seems there is more intent this time round.

Maybe i am living in hope once again but something feels different this time round. I think there is a greater belief in their words and also they seem more positive or talk with a greater confidence in terms of being able to spend etc. The fact they refer to the 10 year plan now coming into fruition etc. basically, they can have no excuse this summer and they know it.

Ofcourse come august and we sign no-one i will once again remember how easily i fell for the spin!

Ollie the Optimist
07-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Geoff has spoken, been contact woth Everton over fellani and if we agree personal terms with Rooney, he will be am arsenal player

McNamara That Ghost...
07-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Drunk Ollie. :bow:

Joker
07-06-2013, 10:02 AM
If we get those two it'll be a great deal, but I doubt it somehow.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2013, 10:25 AM
It's one of those famous Wenger smokescreens.

Pretend to be interested in quality players but end up buying a French African pub teamer

Marc Overmars
07-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Who or what is Geoff?

GP
07-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Some dick who claims to be ITK to get followers.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Who or what is Geoff?

Thought it was Geoff Shreeves tbh

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Thought it was Geoff Shreeves tbh
You know that means you're not signing Fellaini now?

Unfortunately that means you don't sign Rooney.

Grebbo
07-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Imagine if we actually signed Rooney!

:faint:

Kano
07-06-2013, 10:54 AM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/rooney-mr-potato.jpg

Marc Overmars
07-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Imagine if we actually signed Rooney!

:faint:

I want it to happen.

Don't care what he'd cost or the type of personality he is anymore. He's a top player who just needs to feel like the main guy again after Fergie killed him by signing RVC. He's a winner and it would be a huge boost for the club to sign a player like this. Our GHEL's would also bloody love playing with him.

Come on Wenget, bring him home.

Grebbo
07-06-2013, 11:17 AM
I want it to happen.

Don't care what he'd cost or the type of personality he is anymore. He's a top player who just needs to feel like the main guy again after Fergie killed him by signing RVC. He's a winner and it would be a huge boost for the club to sign a player like this. Our GHEL's would also bloody love playing with him.

I'm thinking the same. Even if he's not the player he was he's still good and would be our best player.

Plus it's a statement of intent.

I'd be amazed but pretty damn happy if we sign him.

Grebbo
07-06-2013, 11:17 AM
I want it to happen.

I'm thinking the same. Even if he's not the player he was he's still good and would be our best player.

Plus it's a statement of intent.

I'd be amazed but pretty damn happy if we sign him.

Munchies
07-06-2013, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjYlC6zBpnQ

Highlights from last season, he played a more of a creative role for RVC, but his talent is still there.

Japan Shaking All Over
07-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Seen the chatter and for what its worth I think Felliani would be a very good signing for us. . .he can perform a number of roles and help out at both ends. . .

He may not be a marquee player and I dont think we are finished yet but if we do sign him, he could well turn out the pick of the bunch! ?

He is not a Wenger player? No, I think he is technicaly better thsn a ot make out
He is dirty? Maybe, but we need a player that has a set! and Viera was no saint, in fact I believe we were at ur most successful when we were picking up our fair share of coloured cards.
He spells the end of Arteta? Not necessarily. . ,but if Arteta becomes more of a squad player, we should count ourselves lucky. . .those that hate him, need to pull their heads out of their arses!

It does post the question of who will be captain! Dont think TV5 will be it next season and Arteta may not be on the pitch enough

Any still all rumours so means nothing yet

Niall_Quinn
07-06-2013, 11:28 AM
If it ever happened (and it absolutely won't because they guy wants big money) it would effectively mean we have swapped RvP for Rooney. And paid more in the bargain - a lot more when you factor in Rooney's ridiculous wage demands. Good deal? I don't think our arses will ever recover from the shafting Ferguson gave up.

Niall_Quinn
07-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Seen the chatter and for what its worth I think Felliani would be a very good signing for us. . .he can perform a number of roles and help out at both ends. . .

He may not be a marquee player and I dont think we are finished yet but if we do sign him, he could well turn out the pick of the bunch! ?

He is not a Wenger player? No, I think he is technicaly better thsn a ot make out
He is dirty? Maybe, but we need a player that has a set! and Viera was no saint, in fact I believe we were at ur most successful when we were picking up our fair share of coloured cards.
He spells the end of Arteta? Not necessarily. . ,but if Arteta becomes more of a squad player, we should count ourselves lucky. . .those that hate him, need to pull their heads out of their arses!

It does post the question of who will be captain! Dont think TV5 will be it next season and Arteta may not be on the pitch enough

Any still all rumours so means nothing yet

Sagna will be captain as he's next out the door.

Munchies
07-06-2013, 11:33 AM
If it ever happened (and it absolutely won't because they guy wants big money) it would effectively mean we have swapped RvP for Rooney. And paid more in the bargain - a lot more when you factor in Rooney's ridiculous wage demands. Good deal? I don't think our arses will ever recover from the shafting Ferguson gave up.

I agree, but the other option was keeping RVC until the end of the season/his contract, and then try and keep him here through signings in the summer.

RVC would still have moved elsewhere.

Japan Shaking All Over
07-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I want it to happen.

I am inclined to agree but imagine that we would not see us bring in someone like Higuain if we did sign him and he was also one I was liking the idea of. . .

But could we grab Rooney and the likes of Remy?

If we got those two and Felliani, wouldnt we be doing bad? Throw in Cesar and Williams (maybe not everyones first choice for CB but I doubt we will have much coinage left)

Grebbo
07-06-2013, 11:38 AM

Their stats are pretty similar tbh other than their injury record. Rooney certainly scores goals when played up front.

RVP has had two amazing seasons during 10 years in England. Rooney's had about 6 amazing seasons from 10 yrs.

Munchies
07-06-2013, 11:40 AM
What's with the double posts ? Happened to me aswell :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
I'll get Jofnn on the case.

Munchies
07-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Think it's probably due to the Edit post option lagging behind, I edited my post and it posted again instead of editing the post.

Ralpheroo72
07-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Cant see the 'we will spend big' happening, maybe the usual crap to entice people to buy season tickets

1257:
FOOTBALL
BBC Sport's David Ornstein on Twitter: "Marouane Fellaini's camp, Everton and Arsenal all deny release clause met. Arsenal not in for Rooney or Cesar. Jovetic on radar but not near top."

Ralpheroo72
07-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Cant see the 'we will spend big' happening, maybe the usual crap to entice people to buy season tickets

1257:
FOOTBALL
BBC Sport's David Ornstein on Twitter: "Marouane Fellaini's camp, Everton and Arsenal all deny release clause met. Arsenal not in for Rooney or Cesar. Jovetic on radar but not near top."

PGFC
07-06-2013, 12:17 PM

1257:
FOOTBALL

I know he's got big hair but still, that's a bit harsh...

Ollie the Optimist
07-06-2013, 12:19 PM

1257:
FOOTBALL

David ornstein tweeted 2 days before that statement that judas wanted to stay with or without a new contract

Ollie the Optimist
07-06-2013, 12:19 PM

1257:
FOOTBALL

David ornstein tweeted 2 days before that statement that judas wanted to stay with or without a new contract

Cripps_orig
07-06-2013, 12:20 PM

1257:
FOOTBALL

Deadlines gone for season tickets

There must be another reason for this transfer stories. Unlikely any are true. Maybe Wenger and the board are just laughing at the few fans who have hope remaining.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-06-2013, 12:21 PM
BBC journalists are just as gossip-y as the tabloids. Keen to keep up with SSN for "exclusives".

And btw, SkyBet have you favourites to sign Shelvey :haha:

Ralpheroo72
07-06-2013, 12:31 PM

Which Judas?

Power n Glory
07-06-2013, 12:38 PM
I agree, but the other option was keeping RVC until the end of the season/his contract, and then try and keep him here through signings in the summer.

RVC would still have moved elsewhere.

We had no intention of keeping RVP. I think back to Wenger's comments about signing players on massive wages when they're at their peak and close to decline..... If we knew we had money in the pipeline, we could have offered him the wages. We're seeing a huge contrast between what PHW said this time last year about affording big wages and what Gazidis's saying about affording the fee and wages for Rooney.

Japan Shaking All Over
07-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I know he's got big hair but still, that's a bit harsh...

Would only be continuing a mighty tradition. . .
http://content9.flixster.com/question/67/03/89/6703895_std.jpg

Bergkampwonderland10
07-06-2013, 12:57 PM
We had no intention of keeping RVP. I think back to Wenger's comments about signing players on massive wages when they're at their peak and close to decline..... If we knew we had money in the pipeline, we could have offered him the wages. We're seeing a huge contrast between what PHW said this time last year about affording big wages and what Gazidis's saying about affording the fee and wages for Rooney.

Well perhaps they've finally had a bit of a rocket fired up them after this season's woeful performance...and yet again scraping 4th...and more empty seats and fans fighting in the stands...lets hope they've finally got the msg...begovic, benteke, to start please...

Japan Shaking All Over
07-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Take Cesar for goalie

Cripps_orig
07-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Higuains father says we have made contact with Real for a possible move for his son

Munchies
07-06-2013, 06:46 PM
'Colombian Radio reporting Higuain to Arsenal deal is almost complete!'

Yesterday it was Fellaini, today its Higuain

Dat Warchest :bow:
Wenger :bow:

GP
07-06-2013, 06:50 PM
We'll be linked with everyone.

Just sit back, relax, and wait until it's on goal.com.

:gp:

Munchies
07-06-2013, 07:42 PM
'According to Football Italia, Juventus have agreed an €11m deal for Carlos Tévez. More chance of Higuain or Jovetic to Arsenal now...'

Injury Time
07-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Be like a new signing...
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-why-i-have-high-hopes-for-ryo

Injury Time
07-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Marquee signings at the Emirates? :haha:

News just in we've bought a marquee, will be used to house extra hotdog stand outside North Bank...

Grebbo
07-06-2013, 08:00 PM
'Colombian Radio reporting Higuain to Arsenal deal is almost complete!'

Yesterday it was Fellaini, today its Higuain

Dat Warchest :bow:
Wenger :bow:

If we sign Higuain we won't sign Rooney.

Rather have Rooney tbh.

Higuain, Rooney....Arsenal, what am I thinking - we won't sign either of them!!

:haha:

Grebbo
07-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Chelsea have supposedly agreed to sign Jovetic.

Injury Time
07-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Chelsea have supposedly agreed to sign Jovetic.

GB you know what to do...

(er break out the Ground Hog day vid :ilt:)

Niall_Quinn
07-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Higuains father says we have made contact with Real for a possible move for his son

Interview was actually with Higuain who said we have made contact about his son.

Injury Time
07-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Interview was actually with Higuain who said we have made contact about his son.
Fuckin paedoes :sulk:

Cripps_orig
07-06-2013, 10:28 PM
We should get Akinfeev as a keeper.

He's been brilliant since his injury

Cripps_orig
07-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Chelsea are prepared to take on Arsenal in an attempt to sign Wayne Rooney from Manchester United if new manager David Moyes decides to sell the 27-year-old striker this summer.
Full story: The Independent

Arsenal are closing in on Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain, 25, after Arsene Wenger met the striker and his father in Paris.
Full story: Daily Mirror

There goes the Wazza dream.

Tapping up :bow:

Munchies
07-06-2013, 11:15 PM
WUMger :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
07-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Higuain sent off in today's 0-0 draw between Argentina and Columbia.

Sounds a bit of a GHEL.

Time he came home.

Munchies
07-06-2013, 11:22 PM
^ :lol:

Was just doing some YT scouting on him, he knows how to score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZfRxeN6HbE&feature=player_embedded

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2013, 03:47 AM
Further talks than the reported Paris ones. . .Wenger getting involved, could be interpreted as things getting serious? ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-gonzalo-higuain-move-1938430

Article gives a list of where we are at in terms of names. . .

Not interested in Jovetic as he is not interested in us. . .make Higuain happen, add Felliani and try to squeeze a place for Rooney and we will have our statement on intent but not much left for anything else.

Gervinho as part of swap deal is interesting as us Verms to Napoli but we need o bring someone in and it wont be a big name

PGFC
08-06-2013, 09:33 AM
I get the feeling this is going to be the most ridiculous summer of non-transfers ever.

JonasTC
08-06-2013, 09:33 AM

Was just doing some YT scouting on him, he knows how to score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZfRxeN6HbE&feature=player_embedded

Dramatic techno music just convinced me that i want him! dramatic techno music :bow:

Grebbo
08-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Why do RM want to sell Higuain of he's any good?

cheesy bites
08-06-2013, 09:56 AM

Real Madrid brought him in fairly quietly by their standards, and he's not a worldwide superstar like some of their other players. I don't think the higher ups at RM like him for that.

He's one of the best strikers in the world, and is really underrated by people - because he's not such a big name/character. It would be incredible if we got him (but we won't).

JonasTC
08-06-2013, 10:00 AM

As far as i know, its something with it was the last presidents project and since he didnt develope into a new Messi, the new president rather wanna get rid of him, to make benzema the nr1 guy since he was the new presidents project and his right hand man and sports director zidane is supporting that aswell (i know is sounds far fetched, but Real Madrid is a ****ed up club :s)

Marc Overmars
08-06-2013, 10:08 AM
That bloke off ANR reckons we've agreed a deal to bring back Cesc. :rolleyes:

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/3255/30/Fabregas-to-Arsenal-the-deal-has-been-agreed

Cripps_orig
08-06-2013, 10:10 AM
If ****esc comes back, I'm becoming a Tottenham fan. Like NQ

PGFC
08-06-2013, 10:12 AM

:patrice:

Cripps_orig
08-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Manchester United boss David Moyes is ready to spend £40m in an attempt to beat Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to the signing of Barcelona's 26-year-old Cesc Fabregas.
Full story: The Sun

Hope this happens

Grebbo
08-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Cesc :cloud9:

Munchies
08-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Is his girlfriend/daughter living over here as opposed to Spain ?

If that is the case, I can see him coming back.

Cesc/Fellaini/Higuain/Rooney

If that happens, we'll be strong to challenge.

Cripps_orig
08-06-2013, 10:51 AM
His girlfriend and kid should move to Manchester.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Buy all the players!

Kano
08-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Cesc/Fellaini/Higuain/Rooney

If that happens, we'll be strong to challenge.
you need to go for a lie down.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2013, 12:50 PM

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/3255/30/Fabregas-to-Arsenal-the-deal-has-been-agreed

Glad to see the bloke had his priorities in the right order. . .would have been maddening to have someone nick your sausage just because you chose to release the footballing scoop of the year. . .

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2013, 12:50 PM

:wave:

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2013, 12:52 PM
you need to be put down.

bit harsh?

AKBapologist
08-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Higuain
:pray:

Cripps_orig
08-06-2013, 12:55 PM
:wave:

Hi

Master Splinter
08-06-2013, 12:59 PM

I recall him confirming deals for Yagyelka and Cahill too.

Cripps_orig
08-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Higuain

This

Widely regarded as the best natural Argentinian player in Spain.

Would be a real coup

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi

So it seems. . . :shrug:

Grebbo
08-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Glad to see the bloke had his priorities in the right order. . .would have been maddening to have someone nick your sausage just because you chose to release the footballing scoop of the year. . .

I thought similar. Absolute Twitter bullshit. Couldn't be arsed to spend 5 mins tweeting the biggest story of the summer because he had a bbq to go to. Yeah righto

Özil's Panoramic View
08-06-2013, 01:10 PM
So, Higuain was born in France and still holds a French passport.

He's definitely coming home.

Injury Time
08-06-2013, 01:53 PM

I recall him confirming deals for Yagyelka and Cahill too.

Press conference at 7 :patrice:

Özil's Panoramic View
08-06-2013, 02:29 PM
"@arsenalaction: Newcastle are closing in on Gervinho. The Northern Echo claim the 26-year-old’s agent is negotiating a deal with The Magpies."

This could very well be the summer I become a Wengerite once more.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Also, Bentdner said to be keen on moving away this summer.

Come on Wenger. :bow:

GP
08-06-2013, 02:32 PM
"@arsenalaction: Newcastle are closing in on Gervinho. The Northern Echo claim the 26-year-old’s agent is negotiating a deal with The Magpies."

Straight swap for Arthur.

fakeyank
08-06-2013, 03:01 PM
WUMger is going to pull off the ultimate troll this summer. He knows this is his last contract with us and that he has lost ALL his footballing brain cells. None of the stories in the papers are going to come true. We will be left with the Benayouns and Parks by the end of the summer!

JonasTC
08-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Bendtner has told Danish media, that he has found a new club within 2 weeks and its not gonna be on a loan since the club was cool with letting him go cheap. Nice knowing the club for once is actually serious about cleaning out :)

Unai Tea
08-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Bendtner has told Danish media, that he has found a new club within 2 weeks and its not gonna be on a loan since the club was cool with letting him go cheap. Nice knowing the club for once is actually serious about cleaning out :)

His worth is best measured by what teams are willing to pay for him, which is precisely fuck all.

Bergkampwonderland10
08-06-2013, 06:39 PM

Maybe it's FC Nordkjælland...goodbye. Ah to think we didn't bid for Torres when Liverpool got him because Wenger wanted to give Bendtner a chance...what a different team we might have been with Fabregas, Alonso and Torres in it. Wont miss his attitude problem, though loved the fact he made Wenger skip (and me dance around my living room) with his 94th min goal against Wolves - when looked like we could challenge for the prem that season...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WXSl-c5jug
Bye bye Bendtner - shame another one who thought he was better than he actually was...go join your friends Adebayor, Flamini and Nasri

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-06-2013, 08:30 PM
myles palmer says cesc deal is done

anyone know if this guy is reliable?

Ollie the Optimist
08-06-2013, 08:37 PM
apparently he is very good friends with the dein family so there could be something in this story. but i doubt it.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Also, Bentdner said to be keen on moving away this summer.

Come on Wenger. :bow:

He has been saying that for tha last two seasons. . .its just that there isnt a club who is as equally keen to take him. . .

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2013, 09:22 PM
myles palmer says cesc deal is done

anyone know if this guy is reliable?

The fact that he chose to go to a barbeque before releasng his so called scoop, gives you your answer

GP
08-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Myles Palmer has been chatting utter, utter shit for years.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-06-2013, 09:47 PM
The fact that he chose to go to a barbeque before releasng his so called scoop, gives you your answer

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-06-2013, 09:52 PM
mind you if we do get cesc it would be bloody brilliant.

him as AM. cazorla on the left which means no gervinho. podolski perhaps more up top where he should be? GHELshere back in his natural position getting stuck in as the deep playmaker.

can just imagine all those through balls cesc would play for theo to run onto from the right and the balls over the top of the last defender for giroud :cloud9:

just need a top DM alongside jack and the midfield would be looking fresh ting.

Ollie the Optimist
08-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Myles Palmer has been chatting utter, utter shit for years.

didnt he once say henry would never make it as a striker?

Xhaka Can’t
08-06-2013, 11:05 PM

Is the answer grilled halloumi?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-06-2013, 11:06 PM

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02148/stuart-pearce_2148104b.jpg

I reckon.

GP
08-06-2013, 11:21 PM

Yep.

Says it all, I'm afraid.

Xhaka Can’t
08-06-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm thinking about grilled halloumi again.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-06-2013, 11:30 PM
whats halloumi? is it nice?

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2013, 11:33 PM
mind you if we do get cesc it would be bloody brilliant.

him as AM. cazorla on the left which means no gervinho. podolski perhaps more up top where he should be? GHELshere back in his natural position getting stuck in as the deep playmaker.

can just imagine all those through balls cesc would play for theo to run onto from the right and the balls over the top of the last defender for giroud :cloud9:

just need a top DM alongside jack and the midfield would be looking fresh ting.

Time for Felliani to come home. . .

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Is the answer grilled halloumi?

That stuff has left me in a dilemma on more than one occasion. . .

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-06-2013, 11:36 PM
if we sign cesc and fellaini in one transfer window ill pay to get a stripper sent to Letters' workplace.

Kano
08-06-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm thinking about grilled halloumi again.
if you haven't eaten a lamb and halloumi wrap here, you need to stop those dreams

https://twitter.com/victusandbibo

Cripps_orig
08-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Arsenal plan to make three club record-breaking bids this week for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain, 25, Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, 22, and Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Lars Bender, 24.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

Kano
08-06-2013, 11:47 PM
if we weren't before, then gazidis has just made sure we top the transfer garbarge list every day until the end of august.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Gundogan, Bender, Rooney, Jovetic, Higuain, Fellaini, Julio Cesar, Sanogo and Cesc. Let's throw Matuidi in for old time sake too.

Kano
08-06-2013, 11:50 PM
shows what a good job the back four achieved at the back end of the season. not a defender in sight.

god bless the media.

milla
08-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Gundogan, Bender, Rooney, Jovetic, Higuain, Fellaini, Julio Cesar, Sanogo and Cesc. Let's throw Matuidi in for old time sake too.

Bring back Amaury Bischoff. :coffee:

Wumger :bow:

Cripps_orig
09-06-2013, 12:01 AM

Says it all when the one we don't want from there is Cesc.

And none of us had ever heard of this Sanogo pubber before this summer either

Cesc :lol:

mastermind84
09-06-2013, 12:02 AM

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9067569.Newcastle_closing_in_on_deal_for_Gervinho/

from 2011

Japan Shaking All Over
09-06-2013, 12:40 AM

TBH Id prefer not to add any more names to the already unbelievable list as experience shows that the mesh of our net is never tight enogh to land any of them. . .

Özil's Panoramic View
09-06-2013, 02:22 AM
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9067569.Newcastle_closing_in_on_deal_for_Gervinho/

from 2011

:getcoat:

Injury Time
09-06-2013, 07:19 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2338130/Arsenal-ready-smash-records-splurge-Gonzalo-Higuain-Ilkay-Gundogan-Lars-Bender.html
Is the plan to bid little bit 2% after they are sold?
-Higuain
-Bender
-Gundogan

Munchies
09-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Bendtner is leaving, 52k off the wage bill :good:

Fucker should of been on <15k max

Joker
09-06-2013, 09:29 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2338130/Arsenal-ready-smash-records-splurge-Gonzalo-Higuain-Ilkay-Gundogan-Lars-Bender.html
Is the plan to bid little bit 2% after they are sold?
-Higuain
-Bender
-Gundogan

:lol: If that happens it'll be the amazing, but the chances of us getting even one of those 3 is slim.

Marc Overmars
09-06-2013, 10:13 AM
I doubt we'll be able to pick anyone up from Dortmund, I'm sure they'll be fighting to keep their team together.

I suppose Higuain seems most likely at this stage, given he's at least loosely spoken about us.

GP
09-06-2013, 04:01 PM
http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Fellaini-Arsenal-Shirt.png

Munchies
09-06-2013, 04:03 PM

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/779423079.jpg?1370703259

alexander
09-06-2013, 04:37 PM
http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Fellaini-Arsenal-Shirt.png

looks genuine tbh

GP
09-06-2013, 04:46 PM
It isn't.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-06-2013, 04:47 PM
...Genuinely mocked up, ie.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Definitely him though so at least they got that part right.

Higuain has somehow emerged out of Arteta's face.

Kano
09-06-2013, 05:03 PM
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555370_10151204433961277_1981869192_n.jpg

Syn
09-06-2013, 05:29 PM
What sad scouser photoshopped him into that Everton shirt?

Bergkampwonderland10
09-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Benteke is my belgian of choice, scored another couple from the bench yesterday...pay for him Wenger he looks like a fast learner.

Xhaka Can’t
09-06-2013, 06:00 PM
if you haven't eaten a lamb and halloumi wrap here, you need to stop those dreams

https://twitter.com/victusandbibo

:good:

Thanks for the tip!

hobson's choice
09-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Definitely him though so at least they got that part right.

Higuain has somehow emerged out of Arteta's face.

Looks like his head on Santi's body.

Globalgunner
09-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Nah its Vermaelen...I think. Not a bad cut and paste job tho.

Master Splinter
09-06-2013, 06:26 PM

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/779423079.jpg?1370703259

Santiago Vermaelen :bow:.

hobson's choice
09-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Nah its Vermaelen...I think. Not a bad cut and paste job tho.

Looks like Santi to me, Santi is a bit pudgy.

JonasTC
09-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Juventus president have just told the media, that Higuain is not for sale right now because madrid are waiting to see what their new manager wants to do, but they're are willing to take new meetings about higuain as soon as they announce a new manager - So much for secret talks with wenger and so on :D

Syn
09-06-2013, 07:41 PM
No, the club and Higuain have already confirmed that he is for sale. What probably happened was that Juventus just got told to fuck off. Juventus basically can't afford him. They'll piss about with stupid £8m offers like they did last year with Van Persie. Anyone who is serious about buying Higuain will need to offer at least £15m. They spent all last summer pissing about with stupid bids for quality players they couldn't afford and then settled on Bendtner on loan. They've got no money. .

JonasTC
09-06-2013, 09:37 PM
No, the club and Higuain have already confirmed that he is for sale. What probably happened was that Juventus just got told to fuck off. Juventus basically can't afford him. They'll piss about with stupid £8m offers like they did last year with Van Persie. Anyone who is serious about buying Higuain will need to offer at least £15m. They spent all last summer pissing about with stupid bids for quality players they couldn't afford and then settled on Bendtner on loan. They've got no money. .

That is not entirely true, Higuain has admitted that he wants to leave, his agent has told that madrid changes their opinion every single day if they want him or not, but they probably got their shit together and will let the new manager decide and i think Higuain will wait and see what the new manager wants aswell. It makes sense.

His agent has admitted contact to Juventus and admits it would be an honour for Higuain to play there - I havent seen any official statements about connections with Arsenal.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-06-2013, 09:40 PM
The new manager won't get a say, it'll all be on Perez and Zidane. He let Mourinho have more power than any previous manager has had there under him but look how that turned out, so that's not likely to be the case again.

Injury Time
10-06-2013, 10:48 AM
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/06/10/arsenal-defender-wants-bundesliga-move/

Speaking in the German paper Neuepresse.de, Hannover manager Mirko Slomka said that Djourou wishes to remain with the club but his wages could prove to be a stumbling block.

Djourou is reportedly on €3m per year, some three times the amount other defenders at Hannover receive and during his time in Germany Arsenal had part-funded the Swiss defenders wages.

Stupid wages strike again! :doh:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2013, 11:30 AM
The new manager won't get a say, it'll all be on Perez and Zidane. He let Mourinho have more power than any previous manager has had there under him but look how that turned out, so that's not likely to be the case again.

This. . .Spanish clubs especially the top two (the only two) are very much underthe control of the presdent who rely on the fans to keep them in power come election/reelection time so they are judged on the transfers they make, players they keep or let go.

I can see Higuain coming to us if allowed to leave. . .Wenger has apparently had two rounds of talks which shows we are intetested and as Syn said Juve are a bit cash strapped. . .arent they bringing in Llorente on a free. . ,do theyreally need another striker as much as we do?

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2013, 11:31 AM
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/06/10/arsenal-defender-wants-bundesliga-move/

Twis indeed a curse but one we are slowly ridding ourselves of. . . .Theo ? ? ?

Grebbo
10-06-2013, 12:14 PM

I agree with the policy of paying kids over the odds in order to get them to sign. To me it makes sense to pay some kid £30-40k pw because their sign on fee is usually peanuts and they always have some kind of re-sale value so chances are you'd recoup a lot of the wages if they turned out to be average. The risk is you end up with Bendtner but it's a risk worth taking IMO.

What is utterly baffling with Djourou though is he's been shit for years and I seem to remember Wenger renewed his contract not long ago, maybe a couple of seasons, that is bizarre!! If Redknapp had done that I'd be saying he was taking a back hander!!

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Late news chatter over here has us putting a bid in for Higuain. . . .anything over there?

Or is it justva raw fish version of goal.com?

Munchies
11-06-2013, 10:18 AM
VICTOR WANYAMA is set to quit Celtic for Arsenal — after admitting on Kenyan TV that talks are ALREADY taking place.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4962024/Victor-looks-like-a-Gunner.html#ixzz2VtxW4AzL

Letters
11-06-2013, 10:42 AM
:partytime:

LDG
11-06-2013, 10:55 AM
:penguin:

Unai Tea
11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
VICTOR WANYAMA is set to quit Celtic for Arsenal — after admitting on Kenyan TV that talks are ALREADY taking place.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4962024/Victor-looks-like-a-Gunner.html#ixzz2VtxW4AzL

Article just has rehashed quotes from a previous article which, amazingly, didn't mention him going to Arsenal. Magically no quotes from the TV show where he said all this.

So paper bollox basically.

Ollie the Optimist
11-06-2013, 11:04 AM
His agent also said that he wants to use arsenal as a stepping stone to get to united. Like judas did so he can fuck off

Letters
11-06-2013, 11:05 AM
His agent also said that he wants to use arsenal as a stepping stone to get to united. Like judas did so he can fuck offYeah. I'm sure RvP secretly spent 8 years giggling to himself about how he'd finally be injury-free, have one good season and then leave.

fakeyank
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8770507/Premier-League-Arsenal-midfielder-Abou-Diaby-recovering-well-from-injury

Like a new signing! :dancingman:

JonasTC
11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Madrids president has just told media that if Juventus want to bid 25mil for Higuain, it wont be enough. Higuain is not comming to Arsenal with those prices :p

Syn
11-06-2013, 03:07 PM
There's a lot of big talk at this early stage. They're not going to get more than £25m for him.

Ollie the Optimist
11-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Barca Vice President has said cesc can go if he wants to apparently in some reports today.

Come home cesc. They don't love you like we do :)

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Madrids president has just told media that if Juventus want to bid 25mil for Higuain, it wont be enough. Higuain is not comming to Arsenal with those prices :p

i remember when giroud was apparently not being sold for less than £50m

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/28/newcastle-olivier-giroud-arsenal-montpellier

Niall_Quinn
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8770507/Premier-League-Arsenal-midfielder-Abou-Diaby-recovering-well-from-injury

Like a new signing! :dancingman:

For fuck sake - hasn't he been put down yet?

Seymour Butts
11-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Barca Vice President has said cesc can go if he wants to apparently in some reports today.

I really really hope he does not go to Utd

Niall_Quinn
11-06-2013, 04:14 PM

Seems to me Fabregas is set for Utd. I won't watch another game of football if that happens.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-06-2013, 04:21 PM

Do you have a pet cat or dog?....i kind of hope you don't!

Munchies
11-06-2013, 04:24 PM

That made me lol

Nice one :lol:

Niall_Quinn
11-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Do you have a pet cat or dog?....i kind of hope you don't!

Yep, two cats which I would love to run over with the car (accidentally) - but the kids won't let me.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Yep, two cats which I would love to run over with the car (accidentally) - but the kids won't let me.

there's a solution to that....run over the kids

Syn
11-06-2013, 05:14 PM
NQ surely cannot be allowed to have kids.

Niall_Quinn
11-06-2013, 05:14 PM
there's a solution to that....run over the kids

You're not thinking it through - the missus is way to fast. I may have to settle for doing us all a favour and running over Diaby. Although we'd probably keep him on the books anyway.

Niall_Quinn
11-06-2013, 05:18 PM
NQ surely cannot be allowed to have kids.

Their father is oblivious so no harm done.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-06-2013, 06:03 PM
surely he can't be that expensive, a bit of grain and hay every now and again and a place to run around.

alexander
11-06-2013, 06:42 PM

roll out the same bloody story every f`in summer.

Xhaka Can’t
11-06-2013, 08:00 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/28/newcastle-olivier-giroud-arsenal-montpellier

After that shitty season, £40m is the best we can hope for now.

JonasTC
11-06-2013, 09:19 PM

Cant compare those 2, Higuain is playing in one of the biggest clubs in the world and is proven :)

GP
11-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Cant compare those 2, Higuain is playing in one of the biggest clubs in the world and is proven :)

I feel you've missed the point.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-06-2013, 09:38 PM

charlie's back :bow:

Syn
11-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Read from a reliable sauce that to ensure enough ketchup is made to meet demand, Heinz uses enough tomatoes to fill an Olympic size swimming pool every day.

JonasTC
11-06-2013, 09:55 PM
I feel you've missed the point.

I didnt miss the point, i just told him that u cant compare those 2 things - I told the forum, that madrids president has told juve that an offer of 25mil would probably not be enough and i believe that pricetag is realistic since Higuain is proven on the highest lvl for one of the biggest clubs in the world - Montpieller said they wanted 50mil for an unproven player with only 1 good season, no national experience and no european club competetion experience.

GP
11-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Yep, missed the point.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-06-2013, 10:07 PM
I didnt miss the point, i just told him that u cant compare those 2 things - I told the forum, that madrids president has told juve that an offer of 25mil would probably not be enough and i believe that pricetag is realistic since Higuain is proven on the highest lvl for one of the biggest clubs in the world - Montpieller said they wanted 50mil for an unproven player with only 1 good season, no national experience and no european club competetion experience.

charlie :bow: :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
12-06-2013, 04:35 AM
charlie :bow: :bow:

and armed with spellcheck - approach with caution

WMUG
12-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Paragraphs :pal:
Punctuation :pal:

Injury Time
12-06-2013, 12:06 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8772209/

outside of Bendys mind: deadwood clearance continues as Arsenal agreed sale price with 5 clubs for the muppet to choose from...

£3m :ilt:

Munchies
12-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Atleast we're getting £3m :lol:

--
Arsenal and Turkish outfit Fenerbahce are interested in Lorenzo Melgarejo, according to the Benfica defender's agent.

The 22-year-old Paraguayan is valued at £5million and could be one of Arsene Wenger's signings in what will be a crucial summer.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8771800/Transfer-news-Arsenal-enquire-about-Lorenzo-Melgarejo-at-Benfica

Who ?

GP
12-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Nope

Keith
12-06-2013, 12:59 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8772209/

outside of Bendys mind: deadwood clearance continues as Arsenal agreed sale price with 5 clubs for the muppet to choose from...

£3m :ilt:

I wondered if he had been offered a free transfer like Denilson

Munchies
12-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Daily Fail have us as in the hunt with City for El Sharawway, not one single valid quote as usual :lol:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2340211/AC-Milan-hint-Stephan-El-Shaarawy-free-leave-Manchester-City.html

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-06-2013, 09:08 PM
apparently mata has fallen out with mourinho and they might part ways :pray:

GP
12-06-2013, 09:09 PM
That definitely didn't happen.

Injury Time
12-06-2013, 09:16 PM

Didn't give him a cuddle after a reach around?

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-06-2013, 09:21 PM
It's been a recurring story since he came back that Mourinho doesn't really want Mata, is dubious of Luiz and now Oscar and Ramires seem to have been added to the list.

But then it's also been a recurring story they're buying every attacker on the market.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-06-2013, 09:22 PM
what's more reliable, twitter, goal.com or a katie price divorce?

GP
12-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Anyone who reads the sun is an arsehole.

Cripps_orig
12-06-2013, 09:32 PM
It's been a recurring story since he came back that Mourinho doesn't really want Mata, is dubious of Luiz and now Oscar and Ramires seem to have been added to the list.

But then it's also been a recurring story they're buying every attacker on the market.we should get them all

Syn
12-06-2013, 09:36 PM
I want Higuain. Nothing else will do now.

GP
12-06-2013, 09:44 PM
I want some peanut butter.

Syn
12-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah, that'd be ideal. Nothing else will do now.

Ollie the Optimist
12-06-2013, 11:56 PM

Even if they had, you think mourinho would sell mata to us? He didn't even want to loan us sahin ffs

Munchies
13-06-2013, 08:49 AM
In other news, Park Chu Young is coming back at the end of June :bow:

24 games, 4 goals in his loan spell at Celta Vigo

Ollie the Optimist
13-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Myles Palmer has now said that cesc won't be coming back.

What a ****

Niall_Quinn
13-06-2013, 09:55 AM
I have a horrible feeling he's lined up for a move to Utd. That boring, over-rated jock will need all the help he can get trying to justify he can do a job there so they'll be splashing plenty of cash in the summer.

Ollie the Optimist
13-06-2013, 10:07 AM
I have a horrible feeling he's lined up for a move to Utd. That boring, over-rated jock will need all the help he can get trying to justify he can do a job there so they'll be splashing plenty of cash in the summer.

I really can't see it, one I don think wenger will let it happen and will bid to stop it. Two united would have to pay 50 million just for barca to break even on cesc

Niall_Quinn
13-06-2013, 10:27 AM
I really can't see it, one I don think wenger will let it happen and will bid to stop it. Two united would have to pay 50 million just for barca to break even on cesc

Well I hope your version is correct. Gut feeling says otherwise.

Ollie the Optimist
13-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Well I hope your version is correct. Gut feeling says otherwise.

If it wasn't for the 50% sell on clause, I would agree he would most likely end up there, however, that changes everything IMO it's us or barca

Niall_Quinn
13-06-2013, 10:35 AM
If it wasn't for the 50% sell on clause, I would agree he would most likely end up there, however, that changes everything IMO it's us or barca

Or city who couldn't care less about the prices anyway and have never had any problems turfing over huge bundles of cash in our direction.

Kano
13-06-2013, 10:57 AM
cesc has made it clear he doesn't want to leave, so unless barca start to actively flog him, which i can't see this summer, he's going nowhere.

so that's cesc, rooney, fellaini, jovetic all coming our way? :lol:

or some portuguese defender **** no-one gives a shit about?

and anyone who listens or refers to myles palmer is as much as a spaz as he is.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-06-2013, 11:02 AM

I think rather than not 'seeing it' most of us are hoping it wont happen and I dont think Wenger will bid in order to just 'not let it happen. . .he will bid, I hope, only because he thinks Cesc is what the team needs. . .we all know though he s stubborn enough to let Cesc go to UTD without batting an eyelid

Syn
13-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Cesc's not going anywhere.

But we need to sign higgy stardust. Nothing else will do now.

I_Killed_Kenny
13-06-2013, 12:33 PM
seen the currant bun and mirror saying how we want fellaini and that he would be up for the move but we dont think he is worth the 23m his clause is! what the absolute fuck! its not like they are asking for 50m for him and we think he is worth 25 and you can understand that difference but if we are prepared to pay 18-20 then pay the fucking clause! same old shit!

PGFC
13-06-2013, 12:36 PM
There's a clause in his contract to do with hair product, I don't think we could afford the haulage costs.

Syn
13-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Not too keen on Fellainers myself. Don't really get him as a player. Don't know what he offers that makes him worth £25m. He's slow, clumsy, can't play box to box. We have a better player at ACM. Can't play him out wide. So if he's taking Arteta or Ramsey's place as a defensive-mid, I don't think he'd cover enough ground and £25m for a DM? If we're looking at a DM for that much money, we should be going for the very best. Fellaini's decent premier league level but don't think he would improve us as much as a £25m player should. In any case, they'll never get £25m for him - from us or anyone else. The fact that there's no interest for him from top clubs right now tells me that. We should go with £25m for big hig. Nothing else will do now.

I_Killed_Kenny
13-06-2013, 12:46 PM
i agree Syn. wasnt the point about being fellaini himself it was more the point if we want someone and think he is worth x amount we wont put the extra couple million in and get him. i would love higuain as well tbh. we offer 20, they want 23, we will say no. thats what pisses me off. if you want the player and have to pay a wee bit extra then fucking pay it. no point dwelling and then let someone else in who will pay that extra couple of quid!

Syn
13-06-2013, 12:52 PM
We must observe the waiting period. Want some more Lars Bender links if we're going for a proper midfielder. Chelsea have just signed Schurrle off Leverkusen for £18m. Think we could get Bender for less than that.

I_Killed_Kenny
13-06-2013, 12:56 PM
good player that schurrle is. Marcos Reus for dortmund is the one i would want in that position. would never happen so wont bother entertaining that idea. bender i also like (no homo), sure we were linked with a 15m move in one of the comics a few weeks back. Gundogan is another possibility

GP
13-06-2013, 12:59 PM
seen the currant bun and mirror

There's your problem.

Syn
13-06-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't even watch these foreigners play tbh.

Wenger's gonna do

Cesar, L.Bender, Higgie Smalls. - 3 main signings.

Sanogo, token from L'Orient. - 2 wum signings.

Xhaka Can’t
13-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Aren't we technically in the 'Waiting Period' given the transfer window doesn't sling open until July?

I_Killed_Kenny
13-06-2013, 01:38 PM
There's your problem.

damn me! lol

I_Killed_Kenny
13-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't even watch these foreigners play tbh.

Wenger's gonna do

Cesar, L.Bender, Higgie Smalls. - 3 main signings.

Sanogo, token from L'Orient. - 2 wum signings.

more than happy if that happens.

I_Killed_Kenny
13-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Aren't we technically in the 'Waiting Period' given the transfer window doesn't sling open until July?

hasnt stopped city nor chelsea and didnt stop last year poldi.

Cripps_orig
13-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Anzhi Makhachkala midfielder Odil Ahmedov claims he is wanted by Arsenal.
The holding midfield star has been scouted by clubs across Europe and is highly rated, with Arsene Wenger said to be keeping tabs on his progress.
He joined Anzhi in 2011 and has scored twice in 60 Russian Premier League matches since then.
And the 25-year-old reckons Wenger has taken note of his performances.
"It is true I have interest from Arsenal - their scouts have watched me in every match this season," Ahmedov told Izvestia. "If I move there, I could be a huge success but there is no bid yet."

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130613/anzhi-ace-claims-he-being-chased-arsenal-199565#ixzz2W82uhqpV
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130613/anzhi-ace-claims-he-being-chased-arsenal-199565#bvPEtUUQrtVsIic4.99

The real reason we haven't got Fellaini yet

Injury Time
14-06-2013, 09:24 AM
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/06/14/arsenal-sign-swedish-super-talent/
Who?

Syn
14-06-2013, 09:35 AM
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/06/14/arsenal-sign-swedish-super-talent/
Who?

You mean you haven't heard of 16 year old who was impressing in Sweden? Wow, he must be a failure!

Munchies
14-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Someone called talksport and said he has "100% just seen Wayne Rooney at the Emirates get out a black Mercedes"

Letters
14-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Wonder if he's doing the legends tour or the regular one.

Xhaka Can’t
14-06-2013, 10:38 AM
False alarm.

Turns out that it was Tyrone from Corrie.

Grebbo
14-06-2013, 10:38 AM
We've signed another kid from Barca. Supposedly the next Puyol but with better hair.

Always nice to steal their kids, anything that pisses that lot off is nice.

Let's hope he turns out like Fabregas and not Merida etc.

Ollie the Optimist
14-06-2013, 10:43 AM
We've signed another kid from Barca. Supposedly the next Puyol but with better hair.

Always nice to steal their kids, anything that pisses that lot off is nice.

Let's hope he turns out like Fabregas and not Merida etc.

While I hope he does turn out like cesc did, I hope we actually steal cesc. That would really piss them off

Grebbo
14-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Tbh unless you have a blank cheque book like Mourinho and City then it must actually be quite difficult to do the right transfers.

Let's say we could sign Fellaini now, ok so we sign him. But then Barca sign another midfielder a week before the window shuts and Fabregas becomes available. But we've just bought Fellaini. Fabregas then goes to Manure because we couldn't sign both. Not the greatest example but you know what I mean.

Same with Rooney and Higuain. We could probably get Higuain now if we shell out £25m but then what if Rooney becomes available on deadline day because him and Moyes don't get on??

Unless you're Chelsea or City who can just buy multiple players for the same position it must be bloody difficult to do good transfer business.

Ollie the Optimist
14-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Tbh unless you have a blank cheque book like Mourinho and City then it must actually be quite difficult to do the right transfers.

Let's say we could sign Fellaini now, ok so we sign him. But then Barca sign another midfielder a week before the window shuts and Fabregas becomes available. But we've just bought Fellaini. Fabregas then goes to Manure because we couldn't sign both. Not the greatest example but you know what I mean.

Same with Rooney and Higuain. We could probably get Higuain now if we shell out £25m but then what if Rooney becomes available on deadline day because him and Moyes don't get on??

Unless you're Chelsea or City who can just buy multiple players for the same position it must be bloody difficult to do good transfer business.

It's very hard to argue with that logic because it makes sense. However the last two seasons should tell wenger exactly what we need, both Rooney and higuain will improve our team so it's a case of going for the first available one IMO. It's time to take risks now, no waiting because we need to hit the ground running. We finish the seasons well, we now need to start well. Waiting for final week is too late, the players won't know their team mates, season will be underway and will take 2-3 games to get up to speed with our tactics Etc and we can't afford to take that time.

GP
14-06-2013, 10:53 AM
It's a gamble really. Sometimes it'll pay off, sometimes it won't.

The club should be doing all it can to sign up their first choice targets, so then it won't matter so much what others do.

Edinburgh Gooner
14-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Seeing reports, most recently in The Independent, that Marseille are in the hunt for Gervinho.

Letters
14-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Seeing reports, most recently in The Independent, that Marseille are in the hunt for Gervinho.
I hope they're using guns.

GP
14-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Racist

Syn
14-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Disgusting from Letters. He should resign from modship after that outburst.

Letters
14-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Racist
Am not. Some of my best friends are crap at football <_<

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-06-2013, 03:39 PM

Fabregas shouldn't enter into our thinking, if he wants to go to United why agonise about it....just let him go, he's not our player anymore thus not our concern....Fellaini on the other hand is avaliable to us for a reasonable price (23m in this market is a bargain) and after Yaya Toure he is the best central midfielder in the league so why let anything else cloud our reasoning.
And as for Rooney....i don't want that tub of goo at our club....he's only put in a transfer request because he's angling for more money (either at United or in a big money move to City or Chelsea), he was crap last season and is well past his best.
Higuain is two years younger has a consistently good goal scoring record and is at the prime of his career and frankly would be worth shelling out 30million for let alone 25.
As far as i'm concerned Wenger is baulking at Transfer prices because he knows that it will take away his excuse for not winning things if he has dusted off his cheque book.

Lord Nelson
14-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Fabregas shouldn't enter into our thinking, if he wants to go to United why agonise about it....just let him go, he's not our player anymore thus not our concern....Fellaini on the other hand is avaliable to us for a reasonable price (23m in this market is a bargain) and after Yaya Toure he is the best central midfielder in the league so why let anything else cloud our reasoning.
And as for Rooney....i don't want that tub of goo at our club....he's only put in a transfer request because he's angling for more money (either at United or in a big money move to City or Chelsea), he was crap last season and is well past his best.
Higuain is two years younger has a consistently good goal scoring record and is at the prime of his career and frankly would be worth shelling out 30million for let alone 25.
As far as i'm concerned Wenger is baulking at Transfer prices because he knows that it will take away his excuse for not winning things if he has dusted off his cheque book.
Really good post! Especially about ******* not having the bottle to spend 25m on one player. After all the hype, this will be another summer of dissapointment. Oh well, one more season of Mr Wenger(hopefully).

Lord Nelson
14-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Really good post! Especially about ******* not having the bottle to spend 25m on one player. After all the hype, this will be another summer of dissapointment. Oh well, one more season of Mr Wenger(hopefully).
What are the ******,s for?

GP
14-06-2013, 05:45 PM
What are the ******,s for?

For idiots.

Syn
14-06-2013, 07:20 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22914833

Just 3 seasons away from a well-deserved testimonial too. Good luck, you fucking weirdo.

Cripps_orig
14-06-2013, 07:28 PM
São Paulo have made us look like right mugs.

They clearly wanted Denilson. Instead of us selling him to them, we give him a free transfer and he then joins them.

Wenger out

Xhaka Can’t
14-06-2013, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Cripps;288393]São Paulo have made us look like right mugs.
/QUOTE]

You don't need Sao Paolo for that tbh.

Ralpheroo72
14-06-2013, 10:14 PM
False alarm.

Turns out that it was Tyrone from Corrie.

Hey! Leave Tyrone out of this!

Cripps_orig
15-06-2013, 08:07 AM
ARSENAL’S £20million move for Gonzalo Higuain has stalled because of Real Madrid’s managerial merry-go-round.
The Argie striker, 25, is refusing to make any decisions on his future until a successor to Jose Mourinho is confirmed.
Paris Saint-Germain chief Carlo Ancelotti is the favourite for the job.
The Gunners are locked in a battle with Italian side Juventus for Higuain.
Boss Arsene Wenger has been promised a £70m transfer war chest.
Manchester United’s unsettled superstar Wayne Rooney has also been linked with a switch to Arsenal but that deal is a long way off.
Meanwhile, the Gunners face competition from Italian giants AC Milan for QPR keeper Julio Cesar.
The relegated Hoops are keen to get the Brazil shot-stopper, 33, off the wage bill.
Cesar won five Serie A titles with city rivals Inter.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4969523/Gonzalo-Higuain-transfer-hitch-for-Arsenal.html#ixzz2WGoUePg0

We aren't getting anyone this summer.

Injury Time
15-06-2013, 09:39 AM
We aren't getting anyone this summer.
Was it ever in doubt?

Munchies
15-06-2013, 09:44 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22914833

Just 3 seasons away from a well-deserved testimonial too. Good luck, you fucking weirdo.

Wow... 7 seasons/years here ?

Seems like a blur, like he just came and went, can't remember much if anything of note he done.

PGFC
15-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Bendy's really leaving then, AWs heard there's a job going at Sainsburys, a shoo-in apparently.

Munchies
15-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Bendy's really leaving then, AWs heard there's a job going at Sainsburys, a shoo-in apparently.

:haha: