PDA

View Full Version : Santos Leaving ?

Munchies
10-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Podolski just tweeted:
@Andre_santos27 We will miss you man, I wish u all the very best #Gunner God bless you

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-02-10/arsenal-full-back-andre-santos-set-for-gremio-move/

Injury Time
10-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Who will he hand the clown out fit to?

milla
10-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Brazilian club. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
10-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Who will he hand the clown out fit to?

We may need to sign someone in the summer to fill those clown shoes.

milla
10-02-2013, 04:06 PM
We may need to sign someone in the summer to fill those clown shoes.

We still got 3 CBs and 2 GKs. :coffee:

Master Splinter
10-02-2013, 07:09 PM
London chip shops :rose:.

Niall_Quinn
10-02-2013, 07:29 PM
London chip shops :rose:.

Arshavin can also play there.

Cripps_orig
10-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Good luck to him

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-02-2013, 08:38 PM
can we sue him for conning us into believing he was a footballer

McNamara That Ghost...
10-02-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't care, he brought it back to 2-2 against WBA. :bow:

And 2-2 against Chelsea.

selassie
10-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Podolski just tweeted:
@Andre_santos27 We will miss you man, I wish u all the very best #Gunner God bless you

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-02-10/arsenal-full-back-andre-santos-set-for-gremio-move/

:dancingman:

Japan Shaking All Over
11-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Still got it in me to wave goodbye and wish the guy luck but anyobe who thinks he should still have a career with us. . .

Globalgunner
11-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Dont forget we still have Gervinho who is still game for a laugh. Best player in Africa, according to some(one). How come we cant find some football oasis to dump Squid

Grebbo
11-02-2013, 12:16 PM
A truly terrible player and an utter moron.

Good riddance.

Letters
11-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Moron? How so?
No good at football, well, not at this level, but no need to insult the bloke.
He did his best even if his best wasn't good enough.

GP
11-02-2013, 12:35 PM
He's a decent enough player, he just needs an attitude adjustment.

Marc Overmars
11-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Don't have any time for players who are obviously here for a jolly. He probably counts his lucky stars every night that he got to play for a club like us.

Good riddance.

AKBapologist
11-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't care, he brought it back to 2-2 against WBA. :bow:

And 2-2 against Chelsea.

This. I appreciate his service. So long Santos.

sent from a fone

Lord Nelson
11-02-2013, 03:28 PM
A truly terrible player and an utter moron.

Good riddance.

He has only gone on loan....he will be back next season FFS!

Cripps_orig
11-02-2013, 03:36 PM
This. I appreciate his service. So long Santos.

sent from a fone
Pretty much.

Scored couple of vital goals for us.

Good luck to him in Brazil

Grebbo
11-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Moron? How so?
No good at football, well, not at this level, but no need to insult the bloke.
He did his best even if his best wasn't good enough.

Moron as in an absolute fuckwit. Look at his bullshit life on twitter and instagram. He's not fit to be called a professional footballer (literally).

Grebbo
11-02-2013, 04:40 PM

He'll be like a new signing

:scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-02-2013, 04:51 PM

I don't think the new Brazilian season has started yet, so hopefully it's until the end of their season.

BOBN
11-02-2013, 05:36 PM
made no more mistakes than vermalean in his time here and he did well to get van persies shirt (something for the kids, selfless).

he is also far better than jenkinson.

wish him all the best.

fakeyank
11-02-2013, 06:01 PM
made no more mistakes than vermalean in his time here and he did well to get van persies shirt (something for the kids, selfless).

wish him all the best.

Never have their been a bigger insult to a player than being compared to Santos and then being called worse than him. Jenkinson should just kill himself now :ilt:

Niall_Quinn
11-02-2013, 06:39 PM

wish him all the best.

Agreed.

Jenkinson and Santos are very similar in terms of commitment, fitness, desire, energy, willingness to do a shift for the team, enthusiasm. But Santos is probably just that little bit more tight at the back whereas Jenks leaves those gaping holes and is usually twenty yards off the play and jogging back in a disinterested manner. Indeed, the criticism of Santos is very harsh. Makes you wonder if some of the posters here actually watch the matches.

Power n Glory
11-02-2013, 07:03 PM
It's only a loan move and it's waste of money. It's worrying trend. Not just the waste of money but the fact that we can't get certain players up to Premiership fitness and form standard. Would have expected an improvement from him this season just as I expected Arshavin and Gervinho to push on after their debut seasons but it hasn't happened.

Lord Nelson
11-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Agreed.

Jenkinson and Santos are very similar in terms of commitment, fitness, desire, energy, willingness to do a shift for the team, enthusiasm. But Santos is probably just that little bit more tight at the back whereas Jenks leaves those gaping holes and is usually twenty yards off the play and jogging back in a disinterested manner. Indeed, the criticism of Santos is very harsh. Makes you wonder if some of the posters here actually watch the matches.
Too right! This departure will leave us short for the run in! We have too many injuries again!

Santi Clause
11-02-2013, 11:31 PM
He partnered poor fitness with poor effort and attitude. He will not be missed, except by the MacDonalds on Holloway Road.

We have better players in the youth set up and should not be relying on wage drainers like Santos, Squillaci and Arshavin, who have not played well for some time.

BOBN
12-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Agreed.

Jenkinson and Santos are very similar in terms of commitment, fitness, desire, energy, willingness to do a shift for the team, enthusiasm.
couldnt care less about any of this tbh, if jenkinson wants to be praised for that he should go play blue square.

santos played for brazil. get back to me when jenkinson does that.

Niall_Quinn
12-02-2013, 12:27 AM
couldnt care less about any of this tbh, if jenkinson wants to be praised for that he should go play blue square.

So it doesn't matter he's the shittiest defender we've ever had at the club? Have you not watched his performances. So what if he's played for Brazil? As long as he's not playing for us, that's the main thing. Can you not see the guy can't even bother to get fit? How to you square that away while dismissing Jenkinson's commitment?

fakeyank
12-02-2013, 01:58 AM

Jenkinson cant play for Brazil, can he? :unsure:

Jenks was picked by Hodgson for the England squad not too long ago.. unless your only barometer is that Jenks settles in Brazil and becomes a citizen to please you, it wont be happening. Oh and guess who played for Brazil too? Kleberson.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-02-2013, 08:01 AM
What? Finland isn't in Brazil?

Marc Overmars
12-02-2013, 09:22 AM
BOBN is the Spanish midget of WUMs tbh.

Very skillful.

GP
12-02-2013, 10:26 AM
BOBN is the Spanish midget of WUMs tbh.

Very skillful.

:lol: no

It's a pretty poor effort, rbh.

The Lee Trundle of WUMs, if you will.

Cripps_orig
12-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Andre Santos: I still have a future with Arsenal despite loan move

The Brazilian left-back believes he will still have a career with the Gunners once he returns from Gremio, despite falling out of favour and the signing of Nacho Monreal

Arsenal left-back Andre Santos believes his future still lies with the Premier League giants despite joining Brazilian side Gremio for the rest of this season.

The Brazil international signed for the Gunners in 2011 for £6.8 million, but has slipped behind Kieran Gibbs and January signing Nacho Monreal in the pecking order, making just 13 Premier League starts for the club.

The 29-year-old maintains that he will return to play for the club as per Arsene Wenger’s wishes, however.

"I talked [with Wenger] and we decided together this would be a good chance for me to get on top of my game," he told the Evening Standard. "He gave me a hug and told me Arsenal would always welcome me back with open arms.

"He did [want me to stay] but he wanted to see me happy and if I am not performing all the time, then I am not happy. Do I have a future at the club? For sure.

"I always wanted to stay here until the end of my contract. This is a club where I feel comfortable and honoured to play. However, when the club acquired another left-back it was clear to me that I will not play.

"Hopefully, when I am back, I will be on top of my game and then I will be able to help the team the way I want to."

The relationship between Santos and the fans at the Emirates took a turn for the worse after the defender swapped shirts with Robin van Persie at half time during a defeat to Manchester United, something that left the Arsenal player confused but remorseful.

He continued: "The relationship was very good until the incident with Van Persie. I have apologised and moved on.

"I have all my respect to the fans of Arsenal. Hopefully soon I will be back and giving them many happiness."

If he gets form and fitness back then he's more than welcome back

fakeyank
12-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Good riddance. Hope he never comes back.

Dicks and chicks
15-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Good riddance. Hope he never comes back.

you can't get into the Brazil national football team without being good at some stage, shameful about peoples comments here.

Özil's Panoramic View
15-02-2013, 04:15 AM
you can't get into the Brazil national football team without being good at some stage, shameful about peoples comments here.

This is not the 70's up to 2000's era where Brazil was awashed with obscene amounts of talented players - pickings are very poor these days..... by their standards at least.

Japan Shaking All Over
15-02-2013, 11:10 AM

Not this. because the stage he was so called 'good at' hence national team call ups was quite obviously not during his time with us. . .

Marc Overmars
15-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Pretty much. He wore our glorious shirt and didn't perform. That makes him and anyone else shit to me.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-02-2013, 10:44 PM
absolute moron

completely disrespected us by taking van persie's shirt during the man utd game. that moment alone showed he never understood what us arsenal fans were about. you dont just joke around then swap shirts with the player the fans detest. wenger doing it is another thing as he's the manager and he didn't go a step further by actually swapping shirts. but santos, dear me.

then he has the cheek to play like a donkey everytime he turned out for us. it was all just a big joke to him. he looks like an overweight hippo, if he was really serious about winning the fans over he'd have lost some weight and got into shape at the very minimum.

sod off.