PDA

View Full Version : Risking further injuries!?

Lord Nelson
12-02-2013, 09:40 PM
I know that I am pessimistic, but every day I am reading that Verm, Wilshire and Kos are all in a race against time to be fit for the Bayern match. However, in my opinion, unless they are FULLY fit, they should not be risked. We have a massive fight for 4th place, we need everyone fit. TBH, even if we risk these players, Munich will probably be too strong for us over two games.

IBK
12-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I know that I am pessimistic, but every day I am reading that Verm, Wilshire and Kos are all in a race against time to be fit for the Bayern match. However, in my opinion, unless they are FULLY fit, they should not be risked. We have a massive fight for 4th place, we need everyone fit. TBH, even if we risk these players, Munich will probably be too strong for us over two games.

Interesting angle. Wenger has form for taking risks and running players into the ground - plus IMHO the CL is the only competition Wenger still considers worthy of him. So perhaps your fears are merited.

Marc Overmars
12-02-2013, 09:44 PM
If they're not fit they won't play, especially Wheelchair. No need to worry about any risks.

IBK
12-02-2013, 09:46 PM
If they're not fit they won't play, especially Wheelchair. No need to worry about any risks.

I wonder what gives you such confidence?

Cripps_orig
Wilshere should be fine.

Kos as well

Wtf happened to Verm?

PGFC
They'll all be killed by Blackburn anyway.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-02-2013, 10:00 PM
The first mistake is believing in this 'race against time' rubbish, plus, tell players approaching 100% fitness (if there is such a thing) they won't be featuring in a Champions League tie against Bayern Munich? Best of luck with that Wenger.

GP
12-02-2013, 10:09 PM
We play our strongest XI. No point over thinking it.

Xhaka Can’t
12-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Eeryone is going to want to play against Bayern - our strongest team will be out for sure.

Ollie the Optimist
12-02-2013, 10:21 PM
resting players against bayern to focus on finsihing fourth?

behave. strongest team out v bayern. and win. we're going to win

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-02-2013, 10:39 PM
its only a matter of time before wilshere is finally ko'd by the mug in charge

out for over a year and overplayed because of a lack of cover in our squad

his body will only be able to take so much but unfortunately we have no choice to keep playing him as we need the points to snatch 4th

Lord Nelson
14-02-2013, 05:49 PM
resting players against bayern to focus on finsihing fourth?

behave. strongest team out v bayern. and win. we're going to win
Spoken like a true optimist! Although rather blinkered! Remember the home leg v Barcelona a couple of yeas ago? Cesc actually took a penalty with a broken foot! Wenger ran him into the ground that evening.

fakeyank
14-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Agree with the OP. In fact, we need to play the kids. Why bother when we are just worried about qualifying for CL? Not like we will ever challenge for it footballistically... we need to focus on the holy grail of 4th place!

Xhaka Can’t
14-02-2013, 10:27 PM
You are the poster boy for Waahmbulances.

Ollie the Optimist
14-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Is it not a completely stupid argument this anyway.

Lets focus on getting into the champions league next year at the expense of playing in it this year?

People seem to want us to get fourth to play in the champions league yet don't want us to field a strong team in it this year, then moan about the club treating 4th place as a trophy.

Cripps_orig
15-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Play the strongest team when available. With our injury record, our players get enough time off

fakeyank
15-02-2013, 01:29 AM
You are the poster boy for Waahmbulances.

:gp: