PDA

View Full Version : What next? Boycott?

Power n Glory
18-02-2013, 01:48 PM
I think we've gone around in circles with some of these debates and regardless of what side of the fence you’re on, none of us are happy with the way things are. Who’s at fault doesn't really matter anymore because it's be discussed to death on here and nothing is changing. Even if we were to drop out of the Champions League, I doubt that would change things because as said in a previous season, we can survive without Champs League money.

So what else is left? Is it unrealistic to suggest a boycott of the cup games? If the club don’t care about them then why should we pay to watch it? Would be interesting to see how many people are considering this. We’re the main source of income to the club and it we’re treated more like customers and not supporting fans. If that’s the case, wouldn’t send a clear message to the Board and manager that things need to change?

Marc Overmars
18-02-2013, 01:53 PM
It's easily said in theory but the reality is if you don't go there is always going to be someone else willing to take the seat.

I stopped going reguarly ages ago, I'll attend if I feel like it but it's not something I think about anymore because the enjoyment factor is not there, and I imagine I won't be compelled to go again until something drastically changes.

Kano
18-02-2013, 02:07 PM
not happening.

but if it means so much, get something started.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-02-2013, 02:08 PM
dunno, we're already seeing empty seats and we were saying 'that'll never happen' a few years ago.

we've seen fighting in the stands, abusive chants towards wenger and the stadium slowly dying. 5 years ago we'd have all said 'nah never going to happen'. well it has.

another 2 years of this and people wont bother turning up.

Power n Glory
18-02-2013, 02:20 PM
not happening.

but if it means so much, get something started.

It all starts with a discussion.

Niall_Quinn
18-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Find as many ways as possible to embarrass Kroenke. Whether it be chanting, setting up joke web sites, posting to YouTube, starting FaceBook campaigns, creating a whole new terminology for the bastard, anything and everything to make the guy a laughing stock. Make it so uncomfortable and so humiliating for him he is forced to sell to the Russian wanker. Then do the same to that bastard. In other words, accelerate their agendas so we can be over and done with them in the shortest possible time.

We have no loyalty to this bastard Kroenke and he sure as hell has none towards us. He's the enemy and should be treated as such, along with all his money grabbing minions. We owe him zero respect and we should show him zero respect.

As for Wenger, we do owe him respect for what he has done in the past and this should be considered when judging how much criticism to sling at him. His crappy team selection, crappy defensive philosophies and shitty substitutions. The shitty players he has lumbered us with. The fans have every right to complain loudly about such things. But destroying the guy with personal abuse would be a sad thing to hear and see.

Same can't be said of Kroenke. He's a maggot. Hit the **** in every way possible. He has given us nothing, we owe him nothing. He wants to take as much as he can, we should dish out as much as we can.

Cripps_orig
18-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Il boycott next season

Power n Glory
18-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm sure men like Kronke have put up with much worse in their lives. I don't see him selling his shares because of a chants and boos. No idea what would make him go besides more money being thrown at him or if the clubs finances started looking a bit risky. I'm not so sure about Kronke's influence on the club to be honest because he knows very little about football and Wenger is the man with the vision. But that's another debate. This is why I say an outright boycott for the odd game is a clear message.

Kano
18-02-2013, 02:55 PM
a boycott for a dozen games is a message, the odd games says nothing because they know it'll be over by the next one.

football owners have a rich history in fucking over football fans because it is a fool proof industry where you the audience will always come back for more.

a million fans came to the UK last season to watch football games, do you think they give a shit about boycotts? the club will just target them and get tourists in every week.

Seymour Butts
18-02-2013, 03:05 PM
It's easily said in theory but the reality is if you don't go there is always going to be someone else willing to take the seat.

I stopped going reguarly ages ago, I'll attend if I feel like it but it's not something I think about anymore because the enjoyment factor is not there, and I imagine I won't be compelled to go again until something drastically changes.

Totally agree with the above. If you dont go there will always be someone else willing to buy the seat and fill the stadium. Quite frankly whilst that is the case the Arsenal board will carry on with their flawed plan for the direction of our club. If they actually cared what we the fans thought they would have changed direction a number of years back or at the very least invested heavily in Jan to try and turn this season round - they have done neither and will continue to do so whilst the stadium is full.

I also used to be a season ticket holder and stopped for many reasons but mainly because i felt like they were taking advantage of fans bycharging highest prices with lowest investment in the team.

Xhaka Can’t
18-02-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm sure men like Kronke have put up with much worse in their lives. I don't see him selling his shares because of a chants and boos. No idea what would make him go besides more money being thrown at him or if the clubs finances started looking a bit risky. I'm not so sure about Kronke's influence on the club to be honest because he knows very little about football and Wenger is the man with the vision. But that's another debate. This is why I say an outright boycott for the odd game is a clear message.

A key problem highlighted by you there. We should be clearly aware of the influence of the owner. But no. Nothing.

I suspect however we all have an idea what his intentions are. While we hear nothing from him, we see what happens every season and every transfer window.

Everything about us is predictable. On the pitch and off it.

Which fucker is going to be sold next? The only thing that has changed now, is that I and I expect you and others don't care who goes next.

Because what are we left with now?

Nothing. Nothing at all worth caring about. No identity. No soul.

We used to chant that Chelsea ain't got no history.

Well we are worse, far worse than that, because we've sold ours. The club is a stinking cesspool of shit where every bit of effort possible is dedicated to bleeding it dry.

Power n Glory
18-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I was saying the same thing to a friend today, it’s like we’ve sold our soul. It’s only just struck me that we seem void of any real football men with Arsenal at heart at Board level as well as on the pitch now. The hope has been sucked dry from the fans. In the Cesc era I at least believed things would get better once we’d paid off more of the debt but the situation is looking bleak now. It feels like an elaborate con and we’ve all been stung.

Grebbo
18-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Only about 3 people on this board regularly go to games so boycotting isn't going to do much.

I gave up my season ticket a few seasons ago but that was more to do with the atmosphere being better at home when I watch the games on tv.

Emirates' atmosphere is proper shit so I don't really see the point in going to games.

Niall_Quinn
18-02-2013, 03:45 PM
It's true that tourist fans might fill the empty seats if fans boycotted. But there's a difference between season ticket sales and gate receipts. I would think a lot of financial decisions are made off the back of confirmed season ticket sales. Not so easy to predict and manage the financial affairs (euphemism for rape and pillage) when the data is coming in week by week and has become more reliant on tourists who may only be in the capital once or twice a year. So a season ticket boycott could be effective.

Lord Nelson
18-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I think we've gone around in circles with some of these debates and regardless of what side of the fence you’re on, none of us are happy with the way things are. Who’s at fault doesn't really matter anymore because it's be discussed to death on here and nothing is changing. Even if we were to drop out of the Champions League, I doubt that would change things because as said in a previous season, we can survive without Champs League money.

So what else is left? Is it unrealistic to suggest a boycott of the cup games? If the club don’t care about them then why should we pay to watch it? Would be interesting to see how many people are considering this. We’re the main source of income to the club and it we’re treated more like customers and not supporting fans. If that’s the case, wouldn’t send a clear message to the Board and manager that things need to change?

I dont even think that Sir Geoffrey would want to take Wenger's job at the mom........Oh I see! :d