PDA

View Full Version : If you were Arsenal Manager

server too busy!
20-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Its obvious there isn't something quite right with this team, sometimes it looks like bad luck with the ball dropping to the opposition player or looping in goal off a deflection. Obviouly it can't all be bad luck (unless this is karma for the invincibles), so is it the defensive coaching, the players, the formation or the attitude. If you were the Arsenal manager what would you do to turn our fortunes around?

LDG
20-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Its obvious there isn't something quite right with this team, sometimes it looks like bad luck with the ball dropping to the opposition player or looping in goal off a deflection. Obviouly it can't all be bad luck (unless this is karma for the invincibles), so is it the defensive coaching, the players, the formation or the attitude. If you were the Arsenal manager what would you do to turn our fortunes around?

Resign?

Kano
20-02-2013, 09:39 AM
quit in the summer before the wolves really turn on me next season as more of the same tepidness is dished up alongside the same explanations.

Munchies
20-02-2013, 09:43 AM
- Get rid of all the deadwood in the team that are on huge salaries.
- Cut our losses with Diaby and sell him on, he'll never be the next Vieira, too injury prone.
- Have a manager with better tactics, crossing the ball for Walcott who has 6ft defenders next to him ? Giroud should have started the game.
- Have a Flamini type player in the middle, Arteta/Cazorla/Wilshere are far too similar.
- Fix up every position , Sczency is shit now, Vermaelen looks like he doesn't want to be here as captain.

The thing is, these have all been obvious for how many years now ? Before when we had Cesc/RVP/Nasri in the same team, we were probably 1-2 good signings away from being a force, but again those signings didn't come.

Marc Overmars
20-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Do the damnedest to move on the clutch of players who sap our wage bill, and then invest heavily in at least 2 players of recognised quality.

Don't be afraid to bring in a new coach, someone to implement new ideas and provide a new voice for the players. Not just a cone man.

Don't persist with underperforming players, take them out of the team to show they need to fight for their place.

Özim
20-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Resign?
on 7 million a year, no chance. :lol:

LDG
20-02-2013, 12:28 PM
on 7 million a year, no chance. :lol:

Who said I was on 7m a year.

Özim
20-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Who said I was on 7m a year.
I was talking about me.

selassie
20-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Resign?

This, if he has any dignity left and wants to leave with his reputation in a semi-credible state he should tender his resignation at the end of the season whether we finish top 4 or not.

LDG
20-02-2013, 12:56 PM
I was talking about me.

Greedy ****.

Kano
20-02-2013, 01:23 PM
if and when he does leave (this or in a years time) he really should retire. i hope for his sake his does.

if he does not succeed at a new team then it will be a field day for everyone to point and completely rewrite his history at arsenal.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-02-2013, 02:01 PM
1) Get rid of Primorac, bring in some new coaches and give them the freedom to drill the players in the very basics of defending and organisation.

2) Actually study opponents & develop tactics to implement when facing different teams.

3) Get rid of the deadwood

4) Change the wage structure. Make it more performance related pay, with large differences between the better players and the shit ones, rather than handing out big expensive contracts to run of the mill journeymen.

5) Hold players accountable for their actions and stop mollycoddling them.

6) Publicly declare that you need money to spend this summer to revitalise the team. Make sure the board don't have any excuses.

7) Stop taking so many gambles on the 16/17/18 year olds from Costa Rica/Brazil/Outer Mongolia at about 2/3/4 million a time. Just because they look half decent at that stage doesn't necessarily mean that they'll go on to become quality PL ready players. How much money have we wasted like this? Vela, Wellington Silva, Denilson, Pedro Bohtello & heck even Joel Campbell isn't really lighting the world up. Save up this money to buy actual quality around the 22 - 25 year age bracket.

Ollie the Optimist
20-02-2013, 02:11 PM
if and when he does leave (this or in a years time) he really should retire. i hope for his sake his does.

if he does not succeed at a new team then it will be a field day for everyone to point and completely rewrite his history at arsenal.

On the other hand, if he goes to psg or Madrid and wins things, then it casts further shadows on our club about what the fuck is going on

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-02-2013, 03:46 PM
On the other hand, if he goes to psg or Madrid and wins nothing, then it casts a further shadow on his management and what the fuck is going on

fakeyank
20-02-2013, 06:02 PM
First and foremost, I'd change the fucking formation. I will play 2 up front against the middle and lower teams. I would also coach them to be adaptable to situations and play a 4-5-1 if the need arises
Pay SAF one million dollar to train Gervinho not to be a spastic bitch and go with his instincts. I think he has everything to be a good player... he just needs someone to fuck his shit up
Buy a top class winger and a CDM like Wayanama (?) from Celtic
Sell Mertesacker and Vermaelen. Buy Stokes CB's...
Sell deadwood or offload them by mixing drugs in their drinks and firing their asses- Arshavin, Bendtner, Squillaci, Diaby, Chakma
Make JW the captain of the team

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I think the dross on the wage bill are not still at the club through any choice of Wenger, we simply can't shift them and we pay them so well they'd prefer to sit on the bench and collect their paypacket for nothing....as much as you'd like to think you'd behave better than that in their position would you really?.

But until the summer i'd do the following

1) Stop playing Arteta and Ramsey especially against the big teams, same goes for Mertesacker and arguably Bacary Sagna

team should be

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Coquelin or Diaby (good when he's actually played himself into form), Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud, Walcott

Walcott should not be playing up front on his own

- Get Steve Bould to do some individual defensive training on set pieces

- Get the team to close down the space more instead of backing off

- Get the full backs to run in behind the defence as much as crossing (where frankly very few of our players have any aerial ability) and play the ball across the face of goal

- Play a more counter-attacking game at least until the end of the season

- Get Wilshere to play deeper so he can get the ball from deep and make more attacking oportunities for Cazorla, Walcott etc

- In the summer do our best to sell the following players

Fabianski
Sagna
Mertesacker
Djourou
Squillaci
Diaby (unless he plays himself into some form between now and the end of the season)
Rosicky (good player but can't really afford him as he's not playing enough)
Arteta
Ramsey
Gervinho
Denilson
Bendtner
Park
Chamakh
Arshavin

Özim
20-02-2013, 07:39 PM
On the other hand, if he goes to psg or Madrid and wins things, then it casts further shadows on our club about what the fuck is going on
He won't don't worry, win anything that is.

GP
20-02-2013, 07:44 PM
http://www.damnlol.com/pics/460/0f54c6b1534cc62683a06ed14d7ba37c.gif

IBK
20-02-2013, 08:19 PM
This, if he has any dignity left and wants to leave with his reputation in a semi-credible state he should tender his resignation at the end of the season whether we finish top 4 or not.

YUP

Cripps_orig
20-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Play 4-4-2

Nayan
05-03-2013, 12:34 PM
ban all the following
-tasteful overcoats
-press conferences
-niklas bendter
-anyone who didnt go to highbury in the 80s or before
-asians

Syn
05-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Fakenayan's almost as bad as faketeggers.

Fakefakeyank? Well he would be a true American hero.

Nayan
05-03-2013, 12:51 PM
fake?
I take great umbrage at that.

The Emirates Gallactico
05-03-2013, 03:43 PM
fake?
I take great umbrage at that.

Me too.