PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Villa

The Emirates Gallactico
23-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Yay I guess.

Though having to struggle limply over the line at home against a relegation threatened Villa team that every other team in the league has demolished this season isn't particularly inspiring stuff.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-02-2013, 05:10 PM
that every other team in the league have demolished this season isn't particularly inspiring stuff.

:crying:

Grebbo
23-02-2013, 05:10 PM
We won, that's all that matters.

:scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Arsenal. :bow:

Three in a row in the league.

fakeyank
23-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Only 21 points behind Utd.. It's ON!

Marc Overmars
23-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Much needed win. Hooray.

Kano
23-02-2013, 05:21 PM
as the weeks go by, i'm growing to hate his lot more and more. fucking arseholes.

we won. punch the fucking sky.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Att: 60,079

:haha::haha::haha:

Yeah right, there were noticeable swathes of empty seats throughout the ground. Can't blame anyone though for not attending today, it's bitterly chilly in London tonight and most people wouldn't have felt excited to watch our shower of shite struggle against some relegation team at home in these conditions.

Niall_Quinn
23-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Jack, Santi and Jenks looked on form. The rest, very poor. Diaby injured again. What we need to do with that guy is keep him and then keep saying Diaby can play there when he comes back. That way we can avoid signing the defensive midfielder we desperately need. Glad Stan got to see close up what he's building here. I suppose he had to attend the match too just for appearance, but running his claws over the books surely made up for that.

Walcott, Giroud and Podolski when he came on. Terrible. I wonder if these players would be so bad at any other club or is it just us?

No defence again but that's normal.

Keeper is a deadbeat and needs to be replaced.

GP
23-02-2013, 05:25 PM
We need to sell Diaby to Birdseye.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-02-2013, 05:29 PM
We need to sell Diaby to Birdseye.

:sulk::sulk::sulk:

I only eat Jimbo burgers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7wYECUvLE0

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-02-2013, 05:31 PM
:sulk::sulk::sulk:

I only eat Jimbo burgers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7wYECUvLE0

I prefer Ute broten, in fact you might say there is a little Ute in all of us!

LDG
23-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Was diaby injured again??? Srsly?????

:haha: :haha:

Özil's Panoramic View
23-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Was diaby injured again??? Srsly?????

:haha: :haha:

Think I actually laugh harder when he plays a game without sustaining injury.

LDG
23-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Think I actually laugh harder when he plays a game without sustaining injury.

I do actually agree with the wum****. He is a fuckin briliiant player on his day. But this persistance with a player who can't cut it physically, and actually basing your ultimate team on him is utter lunacy!!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-02-2013, 06:02 PM
The problem is, with Diaby it really only is a brilliant player on his day. One day out of 365.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Our game is the full replayed game on SS2 at 20:25, I think.

gunnerrrrr
23-02-2013, 06:06 PM

Rather eat a Tescos beef burger

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2013, 06:15 PM
You could do both!

Özim
23-02-2013, 07:12 PM
The problem is, with Diaby it really only is a brilliant player on his day. One day out of 365.
So is Santa and they don't complain about him!

Özim
23-02-2013, 07:13 PM
I'll be watching a film, I prefer entertainment on a Saturday night.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-02-2013, 07:34 PM
It was a good game tbf.

Injury Time
23-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Jerkoffson needs to learn that the nod down is supposed to be to our players not the hoard of attacking opposition, 100% effort though just don't think he's that clever.

Cheeseknee just needs to be dropped, literally a gaping oozing gash of a keeper, FFS CATCH THE BALL.

Arteta :blink: DM my ass.

I'm guessing Diaby is suffering Gibbs Syndrome?

Ramsey :ilt:

Wilt-shire looked tired but still ran his socks off.

BFG is a liability when passing the ball

Nacho looks ok and not bad going forward with the drag back to the penalty spot for the goal (which Wilshire should've done for Theo previously

Özim
23-02-2013, 08:56 PM
We won today, but for me the season is over, couldn't care less if we get 4th or not because as I've already said CL is a joke for us, everytime we get to the knock out stages it's the same story, would rather have a go at the Europa league and see how that goes.

Today we beat a relegation threatened team who have been dreadful all season 2-1 and it took a late goal, hardly great stuff.

I can see what's gonna happen here, we'll win a few games fluke 4th spot and we'll see the same cycle we've seen for countless years, I'm at the stage where I don't get excited by us winning, next week would be good to win as it's our rivals but other than that who cares, the sooner the season ends the better.

Marc Overmars
23-02-2013, 09:02 PM
St Totteringham's Day is once again the only thing we might have to cheer.

Letters
23-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Cheeseknee just needs to be dropped, literally a gaping oozing gash of a keeper, FFS CATCH THE BALL.
:lol: I don't even know what that means.
He is increasingly reminding me of Almunia in his later performances for us - too many silly mistakes. If you're going to be cocky you need to back it up with performances. He isn't.

Diaby was awful. I thought Jenkinson did really well.

Overall it was a pretty poor performance all round. Even Cazorla while taking his goals well didn't shine much overall.
After the early goal it was clear we were going to make hard work of it, we move the ball forward so achingly slowly and constantly pass sideways instead of forward.

We did step it up after the equaliser and this time got our reward but we really need to be putting teams like this to the sword.

Much needed 3 points though so yay for that.

Letters
23-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I can see what's gonna happen here, we'll win a few games fluke 4th spot and we'll see the same cycle we've seen for countless years
I'm not sure you can 'fluke' 4th place, if we finish there then it's because over 38 games we've done enough to.
If we do though then it'll show how poor the PL is this year because we're really not that good.

Personally I'm not bothered about us qualifying for the CL or the Europa League. The former we've no chance of winning, the latter I can't get at all excited about. And maybe a season out of Europe would do us good in terms of making Wenger/The Board wake up and realise you can't keep ON asset stripping and expect to stay competitive.

Özim
23-02-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure you can 'fluke' 4th place, if we finish there then it's because over 38 games we've done enough to.
If we do though then it'll show how poor the PL is this year because we're really not that good.

Personally I'm not bothered about us qualifying for the CL or the Europa League. The former we've no chance of winning, the latter I can't get at all excited about. And maybe a season out of Europe would do us good in terms of making Wenger/The Board wake up and realise you can't keep ON asset stripping and expect to stay competitive.
I guess by fluke I mean we really shouldn't be good enough to get 4th from what we've seen this season.

I wouldn't mind seeing how we get on on the Europa league, different kind of tournament and we might get to a semi which would be a nice change from the usual CL pattern.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Nowt wrong with the Europa League, once you get past the early stages. But there are regularly very good teams who play in it.

The main drawback is playing Thursday nights [and then consequently Sunday afternoons] which is pretty shit, although there is a novelty to kicking off at 5/6pm on a Thursday. At least Channel 5 have buggered off though.

Marc Overmars
23-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Shit keeping from Chesney on Why Mans goal.

Cripps_orig
23-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Another Ches mistake?

My thoughts on the game - didn't watch or listen to it, missed the highlights as well apart from the analysis from Hansen and from that I can safely say Monreal is a bit shit

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Missed our game on MOTD - assumed we'd be near last seeing as we won. Saves me watching any of that travesty of a show.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-02-2013, 11:37 PM
where was sagna? was he attending board meetings? i heard its culture for your right back to attend them. at least they did at asda.

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2013, 11:39 PM
where was sagna? was he attending board meetings? i heard its culture for your right back to attend them. at least they did at asda.

How would I know - I missed the bit with our game.

GP
23-02-2013, 11:40 PM

You work at asda?

That explains everything.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-02-2013, 11:58 PM
nah but i worked at tesco for a year at the age of 18.

stopped a robbery too.

me :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
24-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Nowt wrong with the Europa League, once you get past the early stages. But there are regularly very good teams who play in it.

The main drawback is playing Thursday nights [and then consequently Sunday afternoons] which is pretty shit, although there is a novelty toi kicking off at 5/6pm on a Thursday. At least Channel 5 have buggered off though.

Time difference is my biggest friend as I fell asleep during first half and woke up and went to bed at half rime after seeing we hadnt added to the tally

Did get that Diaby was crap, missed the injury, Big Sexy wasnt much better which is further evidence to the stupidtu of not getting another striker at any point last summer or this January

Jack ran around and did his best, people should look at him for what kind of effort is needed, should be captain next season.

Not too sure why people diss the Europa Cup and at the same time fry Wenger for not taking domestic cups seriously. .

milla
24-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Time difference is my biggest friend as I fell asleep during first half and woke up and went to bed at half rime after seeing we hadnt added to the tally

Did get that Diaby was crap, missed the injury, Big Sexy wasnt much better which is further evidence to the stupidtu of not getting another striker at any point last summer or this January

Jack ran around and did his best, people should look at him for what kind of effort is needed, should be captain next season.

Not too sure why people diss the Europa Cup and at the same time fry Wenger for not taking domestic cups seriously. .

We have a solid striker in Podolski, wonder what would it take for Wumger to start him as CF. :coffee:

Marc Overmars
24-02-2013, 02:37 PM
The weird thing was that Podolski was actually starting to play consistently well on the left, until WUMger put a halt to that and took him out of the team.

Niall_Quinn
24-02-2013, 03:24 PM
The weird thing was that Podolski was actually starting to play consistently well on the left, until WUMger put a halt to that and took him out of the team.

Computer calculated he was 0.73273625368% below optimum fitness. Minimum required to start is 0.71293625368%

milla
24-02-2013, 03:29 PM

yeah, he is getting better at it but different level as CF. :coffee:

Syn
24-02-2013, 03:29 PM
He turned a corner at the start of the year and was probably our best player for 5 or so games in a row. Before that there was a (small) case for him to be left on the bench for a while but Wenger stuck with him through that. And for the big games he is straight into the team. The smart money would be on him carrying little bit but persistent muscle injury and so he's being used sparingly until it gets fixed.

Dennis Bendtner
24-02-2013, 03:31 PM
That game was pretty sleepy. General play going forward wasn't great. Abu Dhabi is well off the pace and Feo is in hiding. But clinically done by Cazorla. No idea about any confidence theories to be drawn from this but hopefully the tempo is quicker next week. First real chance to see Monreal (is he the least talked-about signing ever?) and he's unspectacular but pretty tidy. Not got Gibbs' pace but I think he's more composed.

BOBN
24-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Jack, Santi and Jenks looked on form. The rest, very poor. Diaby injured again. What we need to do with that guy is keep him and then keep saying Diaby can play there when he comes back. That way we can avoid signing the defensive midfielder we desperately need. Glad Stan got to see close up what he's building here. I suppose he had to attend the match too just for appearance, but running his claws over the books surely made up for that.

Walcott, Giroud and Podolski when he came on. Terrible. I wonder if these players would be so bad at any other club or is it just us?

No defence again but that's normal.

Keeper is a deadbeat and needs to be replaced.
Be honest, wilshere was terrible. he needs a game or two off.

But jenkinson was better that usual even tho he messed up for the goal.

Giroud and podolski are shit. Wenger wastes the budget again.

GP
24-02-2013, 08:03 PM
:haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-02-2013, 10:16 PM
something interesting picked up on a couple of other forums and websites:

"Got MotD on Sky+? Check out what Bould says to Wenger after Villa score. He says: 'How many times do I have to say it to you?' & looks at Wenger reproachfully."

it seems they dont agree on something and chesney is one. does bould want him dropped? or want to bring in competition? at least he has a bit of common sense.

Munchies
24-02-2013, 11:13 PM
They're bound to disagree on some aspects, but with Chesney, he has no one to challenge him. If he drops a clanger, he'll still be likely to play the next game. We've had Fabianski for ages now, and he ended up a flop, so he has to be moved on and we need a good keeper. I hear Almunia is playing well at nearby Watford :pal:

Grebbo
25-02-2013, 12:17 PM
something interesting picked up on a couple of other forums and websites:

"Got MotD on Sky+? Check out what Bould says to Wenger after Villa score. He says: 'How many times do I have to say it to you?' & looks at Wenger reproachfully."

it seems they dont agree on something and chesney is one. does bould want him dropped? or want to bring in competition? at least he has a bit of common sense.

He could just as easily be talking about our defenders never closing down. You don't know it was about Chesney.

I don't think Chesney is great but tbf to him he did get us the 3 points the week before at Sunderland with some great saves.

server too busy!
25-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Whats happened to Fabianski, he sounds as if he's been injured for about 2 years.

Marc Overmars
25-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Yeah he's been dead for a while. Will probably be moved on in the summer.

I remember he actually started to play quite well until he did his shoulder in, then Chesney took over and he's not been seen since.

selassie
25-02-2013, 01:14 PM
important win, the big one is next week.

selassie
25-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Computer calculated he was 0.73273625368% below optimum fitness. Minimum required to start is 0.71293625368%

:haha:

Özim
25-02-2013, 01:18 PM
important win, the big one is next week.
Yeah big game, we don't want to lose that one for a lot of reasons.

I think Bale's performance is a big factor, if he turns up we'll have a lot of problems, we certainly don't want to be giving free kicks away around the area. To date he hasn't really performed that well against us luckily.

Power n Glory
25-02-2013, 01:21 PM

Just wondering if that good streak correlates with Gibbs return from injury. I think he needs a quick wing back that has some basic dribbling skills to overlap and help carry the ball, carve out chances. He'll never be a good winger on his own and that's the problem playing him out wide. Defenders won't be scared of his movement and passing. He rarely takes his man. He has other strengths but not suitable as a wide player for this team. Up front he'd be more of handful and should get a go there. No idea why Wenger keeps playing guys out of position on this left wing.

Grebbo
25-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Whats happened to Fabianski, he sounds as if he's been injured for about 2 years.

Played against Spurs U21's a couple of days ago and let in 4.

PGFC
25-02-2013, 02:45 PM

Played against Spurs U21's a couple of days ago and let in 4.

So He's more than ready for the 1st team then <_<