PDA

View Full Version : NLD Result...

Letters
26-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I was going to be optimistic and say we'll nab a point but honestly I can't see it, Spurs are just looking better than us this year, have a good home record and we haven't won a good game away all season (Liverpool was the only 'big' team we've beaten away and they've been all over the shop.

Tbh I can't bear to watch it :upset:

Spurs win IMO.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Draw most likely.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-02-2013, 05:29 PM
The scum aren't that good tbh, as witnessed in yesterday's game. Had 'Ammers kept the tempo up and not start trying to run down the clock from the 65th minute and further proceed to drop deep, thereby inviting pressure, they could have seen off the scum.

Bale was a bit shit through out barring his 2 goals, where he was gifted the ball on the edge of the area by a WHU defender for his 1st; and for his 2nd, everyone just stood there spectating as he took all the time in the world to get in as many touch as he needed before unleashing that blistering match winning strike.

I really hope someone will rough up apeboy, most likely Wilshere, resulting in his game being thrown off.

That said, two teams which are massively shitte at defending and will be going at each others jugular is the perfect recipe for an entertaining goal fest.

3-6.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-02-2013, 05:52 PM
"@Podolski10: Another productive training session today, just at home studying our next opponent"

Germans :bow:

I_Killed_Kenny
26-02-2013, 05:54 PM
bet he did that off his own back too rather than a team meeting lol

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Germans :bow:

Merts will be around to collect the fine in the morning.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Definite win or let nobody come back alive.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2013, 06:20 PM
I'd put money on a draw.

If we lose though we should probably face up to the realistic prospect of there being no St Totteringham's Day this year.

fakeyank
26-02-2013, 06:23 PM
I'd put money on a draw.

If we lose though we should probably face up to the realistic prospect of there being no St Totteringham's Day this year.

:(

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-02-2013, 07:09 PM
over 3.5 looks a nice one to back again

Munchies
26-02-2013, 07:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBxXAWflQ7k

Munchies
26-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Also just watched this again ... :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V9u9m7CpLY

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AQ7G7SixcC4/TErA0qDrRhI/AAAAAAAADIc/kg0yG1azUkY/s1600/henryspurs.jpg

Cripps_orig
26-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Spuds win

Xhaka Can’t
26-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I thought the Spuds looked far better than us the last couple of times we played them.

Maestro
26-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Definite win or let nobody come back alive.

That should be the team talk to be honest.

"You better win this or else you can look for another club, you're not welcome back to Ashburton Grove. Thank you for your interest in our affairs."

IBK
26-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I would like to point to the last 2 games against the scum at home, and I know our team has it in them to beat them and beat them well. They have disappointed me too often, though.

IBK
26-02-2013, 08:42 PM
That should be the team talk to be honest.

"You better win this or else you can look for another club, you're not welcome back to Ashburton Grove. Thank you for your interest in our affairs."

The team talk should be about that Wanker Adebayor mouthing off over wanting to show he was right to leave us. Don't think many of our players give a shit, though. See the bench when we scored our second against Villa for an example.

Lord Nelson
26-02-2013, 09:18 PM
The team talk should be about that Wanker Adebayor mouthing off over wanting to show he was right to leave us. Don't think many of our players give a shit, though. See the bench when we scored our second against Villa for an example.
Great point to make! Where has the passion gone? On topic! We will get raped on Sunday! I fear for Monday morning at the office!

Xhaka Can’t
26-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Great point to make! Where has the passion gone? On topic! We will get raped on Sunday! I fear for Monday morning at the office!

You sign on Mondays as well?

Maestro
26-02-2013, 09:25 PM
You sign on Mondays as well?

:haha:

GB you're so fucked up man

Letters
26-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I thought the Spuds looked far better than us the last couple of times we played them.

The last time we played them they were ahead till Adebayor lost his head.
The last time they played us at their place they beat us 2-1. And that was when we still had RvP.

Do you really have ANY faith in this lot to step up and be counted on Sunday? :(

Kano
26-02-2013, 10:25 PM
i do, as that is how erratic we can be.

then we get bummed in munich and fall apart again in the league.

we're good at that.

Xhaka Can’t
26-02-2013, 10:26 PM
We were outplaying them badly before ****ybayor got sent off.

And Van Persie scored 1 goal.

Xhaka Can’t
26-02-2013, 10:26 PM
i do, as that is how erratic we can be.

then we get bummed in munich and fall apart again in the league.

we're good at that.

This.

Hope we haven't jinxed it.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Do you really have ANY faith in this lot to step up and be counted on Sunday? :(

I can't help being optimistic prior to the game.

Finishing above the scum (which I honestly think hinges on us defeating them in Sunday's encounter) is the only bit of pride I have left being a Gooner.

All else has been lost, as the corporate raiders have long ago sold our tradition, class and everything Arsenal stood for in the eyes of the fans.

Letters
26-02-2013, 10:29 PM
We were outplaying them badly before ****ybayor got sent off.
Given that we were behind, we were very bad at outplaying them.

Agree with Terry about how erratic we can be though. I do think we're a decent side when we want to be, maybe we'll want to be on Sunday and get something.

Gaah, who knows with this lot <_<

Marc Overmars
26-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Normally I expect us to pull out at least 1 season-defining result but there's just something really drab and uninspiring about this current lot, you never feel like they're playing to prove a point and silence the doubters. There's nothing special about us that gives us an edge and that's why I really wouldn't be surprised if this is the year we finally wave goodbye to the CL.

I'd love to be wrong and I hope I am but I just don't see it.

Xhaka Can’t
26-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Given that we were behind, we were very bad at outplaying them.

Agree with Terry about how erratic we can be though. I do think we're a decent side when we want to be, maybe we'll want to be on Sunday and get something.

Gaah, who knows with this lot <_<

We will never know, but the pattern of play was heading our way, we'd have beaten them regardless in my opinion. You can make all the 'if' and 'but arguements you want, but 10-4 over the last two games?

I know people are bricking it, but you think they aren't? Two nil up, about to go 13 points clear - this is it, their moment, 16 years of hurt ended.

Then it all turns to shit for them...

GP
26-02-2013, 10:45 PM
We're better than them

selassie
26-02-2013, 10:49 PM
We can beat them but we won't. Our defence will find a way to screw this one up.

The Emirates Gallactico
26-02-2013, 11:48 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AQ7G7SixcC4/TErA0qDrRhI/AAAAAAAADIc/kg0yG1azUkY/s1600/henryspurs.jpg

The gormless expression of the guy with the GAP jumper is hilarious :lol:

Anyway I think it'd be a standard template we've seen in the past. As usual we start of sluggishly in first gear, get completely twatted upon by them yet they only manage to go into half time with a one goal lead, thanks to a combination of luck and last ditch defending from our part. We turn it around ever so slightly in the second half where we at least make it seem even, before somehow snatching an equalising goal to see of the match. Podolski IMO will get it, he has a habit of getting those type of goals.

-Xs-
27-02-2013, 12:07 AM
I always think of a Zombie flick when I see that picture.

GP
27-02-2013, 12:08 AM
I always think of a Zombie flick when I see a mirror.

me too haha lol jk

fakeyank
27-02-2013, 12:11 AM
me too haha lol jk

Japan Shaking All Over
27-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Oh you guys. . .you would make a jelly baby cry with your doom and gloom. . .Sunday is fecking on. . .so feck Letters white flag posting - sorry Letters mate

Monkey Scrot face was going on how the scum have leapfrogged us this year. . .clap fucking clap for coming out with that Mr IQ, when you think about all the upheavals they have done and all the self mutilation we have done to ourselves. . .it shouldnt have been difficult but we still cling on, refuse to go away.

Which for me shows what a shit club they are. . .what we do need though and what we have lacked for years now is passion, fight. . .this game though should be a non brainer for those playing to understand what it means.

The game is going to be tough I dont kid myself, away from home top but the scum wont beat us if we avoid beating ourselves first, we need big games from the likes of Jack, but not only him will win the game for us. . .everyone needs to be on the same page and that page isnt the one titled 'Take things Easy'

Özil's Panoramic View
27-02-2013, 02:47 AM
Oh you guys. . .you would make a jelly baby cry with your doom and gloom. . .Sunday is fecking on. . .so feck Letters doom and gloom posting

Monkey Scrot face was going on how the scum have leapfrogged us this year. . .clap fucking clap for coming out with that Mr IQ, when you think about all the upheavals they have done and all the self mutilation we have done to ourselves. . .it shouldnt have been difficult but we still cling on, refuse to go away.

Which for me shows what a shit club they are. . .what we do need though and what we have lacked for years now is passion, fight. . .this game though should be a non brainer for those playing to understand what it means.

The game is going to be tough I dont kid myself, away from home top but the scum wont beat us if we avoid beating ourselves first, we need big games from the likes of Jack, but not only him will win the game for us. . .everyone needs to be on the same page and that page isnt the one titled 'Take things Easy'

Everything he said^^^

Fuck the scum.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Forgot to add. . .we win

And in event of us losing. . .you may if you wish to post 'I told you so' like messages but keep in mind I care not if you do :p

Injury Time
27-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Oh you guys. . .you would make a jelly baby cry with your doom and gloom. . .Sunday is fecking on. . .so feck Letters white flag posting - sorry Letters mate

Little bit in bold, little bit fucked.

Globalgunner
27-02-2013, 08:44 AM
The result entirely depends on Wengers selection. IF Walcott is played at CF, and Giroud is on the bench,,,we will lose. If Ramsey is played instead of Rosicky...we will lose. If Merts is played instead of Kosmaelean then same. Jenkinson should play because he can keep pace with The chimp. However Sagna is a soldier a warrior.....Jenks just might get a red card....Tough choice.

The boss needs to do more than tell them tp just play their game. We need to keep bale from shooting from anywhere as Sczy cant keep for toffee.

Boss
27-02-2013, 09:51 AM
We're wrecking this filth.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-02-2013, 10:18 AM
The result entirely depends on Wengers selection. IF Walcott is played at CF, and Giroud is on the bench,,,we will lose. If Ramsey is played instead of Rosicky...we will lose. If Merts is played instead of Kosmaelean then same. Jenkinson should play because he can keep pace with The chimp. However Sagna is a soldier a warrior.....Jenks just might get a red card....Tough choice.

The boss needs to do more than tell them tp just play their game. We need to keep bale from shooting from anywhere as Sczy cant keep for toffee.

Jenko is an absolute GHEL for STDs but Sagna broke his leg last time so he may be up for giving these cu#ts a bitch lick pon their bal heads

Özil's Panoramic View
27-02-2013, 02:51 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/cazorla-we-know-how-important-derby-is

Cathorla :bow:

Always rated him a bit

Power n Glory
27-02-2013, 02:57 PM
I expect them all to say that but it all comes down to what is done on the day. I have feeling we'll win this one. We should get a different level of performance from the players because they know the pressure is on and some of the Spurs players have been talking big for too long. Time to cut them down to size.

Niall_Quinn
27-02-2013, 04:02 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/cazorla-we-know-how-important-derby-is

Cathorla :bow:

Always rated him a bit

Action please, not more words.

They can do at least this one fucking thing for us can't they? A win please, just get it done.

Özil's Panoramic View
27-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Action please, not more words.

They can do at least this one fucking thing for us can't they? A win please, just get it done.

Agreed.

It's a good sign, however, that he is at least cognizant of the significance of this game and what it means to the club and anyone who has any kind of affiliation with the Arsenal....uhm....well maybe with the exception of the owner and Board as they clearly are about profits and couldn't give a fuck less about what takes place in the mythical realm of footie on the pitch.

I sincerely hope the rest are on the same wavelength as him. Then deliver a concerted effort, putting thoughts/words into action Sunday and fuck up those slimy rotten bastards at their shithole stadium.

Fuck the scum.

Marc Overmars
27-02-2013, 06:06 PM
They're just +1 comments.

But yes, lets hope these fuckers finally get their shit together on Sunday and give us something to cheer.

Niall_Quinn
27-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Funny how no matter how pointless the season, home and away vs that lot still has a buzz about it. Looking forward to the game. Mind you I was looking forward to the Bayern game.

Letters
27-02-2013, 10:19 PM
I know people are bricking it, but you think they aren't? Two nil up, about to go 13 points clear - this is it, their moment, 16 years of hurt ended.

Then it all turns to shit for them...
Oh sure, their fans will be bricking it probably more than us. If they win then they almost certainly finish above us for the first time since most of them were in short trousers, they thought they were going to do it last year and the cocked it up. Of course their fans are not going to count their chickens this time.

Doesn't alter the fact that IMO they're just looking better than us right now and I have zero confidence in our collective ability to step up and get a result under pressure.

*sigh* Prove me wrong, Arsenal :upset:

Nayan
28-02-2013, 10:22 AM
our posiiton in the form table is a trick of the light and we'll get reamed

GP
28-02-2013, 11:26 AM
GTFO and head on back over to the swamp you scum loving bastard trying to disguise as a Gooner.

Bad enough that we have a few senior members already all doom and gloom - don't need another fucker chiming in to tell us we're getting raped by the scum at their swamp.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Or as we like to say, welcome back Nayan.

PGFC
28-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Or as we like to say, welcome back Nayan.

This

Marc Overmars
28-02-2013, 12:05 PM
:lol:

LDG
28-02-2013, 12:29 PM
:lol:

Nayan :bow:

He has been missed.

I hope we fuck those ****s up!

Özil's Panoramic View
28-02-2013, 12:33 PM
So he's a senior member disguised as a noob :lol:

Either way, fuck the doom and gloom.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-02-2013, 12:39 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2013/02/sagna-out-of-north-london-derby/

LDG
28-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Either way, fuck the doom and gloom.

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/02/sag...-london-derby/

Özil's Panoramic View
28-02-2013, 12:45 PM

That's not necessarily bad news, I much prefer Jenkinson these days to Sagan.

GP
28-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Shit.

LDG
28-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Meh. You stop Bale by stopping him getting the ball. He's their only out, so you press the ball and deny the service.

Of course, we will give him free reign in order to "play our game", so we're fucked right up the arse anyway.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-02-2013, 12:55 PM
A bit notable how easily Sagan gets let off for his many costly fuck ups. Plus I honestly don't think his heart is here these days.

Jenks on the other hand will give a kidney for the club....a bit prone to sending offs, but if he takes one for the team in taking out chimp features, he'd have done us a huge favour.

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Diaby is only a doubt for this match, we could have done with a bit of a confidence boost by knowing for sure he was out.

GP
28-02-2013, 01:44 PM
A bit notable how easily Sagan gets let off for his many costly fuck ups.

Such as?

Kano
28-02-2013, 02:03 PM
A bit notable how easily Sagan gets let off for his many costly fuck ups. Plus I honestly don't think his heart is here these days.

Jenks on the other hand will give a kidney for the club....a bit prone to sending offs, but if he takes one for the team in taking out chimp features, he'd have done us a huge favour.
jenks is the man but bacardi has been a very reliable asset to our team over the seasons.

this year? not so good but i do appreciate he at least had the nuts to speak out the other week and admit he has not been up to scratch.

Marc Overmars
28-02-2013, 02:12 PM
GHELkers needs to do the right thing and snap Christian Bale.

Nayan
28-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Such as?

his hair

Syn
28-02-2013, 03:14 PM
No Sagna is a massive problem for us. His form has been picking up of late and, as much as I like Jenkinson, Sagna is approximately 743 times better. They will target Jenkers, they have lots of pace on either side and we'll definitely struggle now.

GP
28-02-2013, 04:12 PM
his hair

Your face.

LDG
28-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Your face.

My arse

Letters
28-02-2013, 05:45 PM
A bit notable how easily Sagan gets let off for his many costly fuck ups.
Does he? I've seen plenty of posts on here concerned about his form at times this season.

Lord Nelson
28-02-2013, 08:56 PM
No Sagna is a massive problem for us. His form has been picking up of late and, as much as I like Jenkinson, Sagna is approximately 743 times better. They will target Jenkers, they have lots of pace on either side and we'll definitely struggle now.
Agreed! Sagna has experience that would have contained "monkey bollock ugly fuck" Bale. Jenks will get a red before half time! Oh well, maybe we were fucked anyway?

IBK
28-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Disagree that Sperz fans are confident. Anything but IMO. Once again they have their best season 'ever', pundits creaming. Bale best in world. And we are in meltdown. But nevertheless we are only 4 points behind them and our recent record against them is favourable. They may win - but IMO despite our issues we could also take this bastard!

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
The Gunners go into Sunday’s North London derby four points behind their third-placed rivals after the Welsh wizard’s 90th-minute winner against West Ham on Monday.
It has prompted another week of lavish praise being heaped on Spurs ace Bale, who has found himself compared with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo.
But Wenger wants his team to concentrate on delivering a performance themselves rather than worry about what Bale might do.
He said: “We don’t plan for anybody. It is always the same — focus on our strengths and forget about your opponent."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4819444/Arsene-Wenger-No-plans-to-stop-Gareth-Bale-in-North-London-derby.html#ixzz2MIBmIuqa

Does he just say this for effect or are we seriously this handicapped going into every game?

Özil's Panoramic View
01-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Embarrassing.

Kano
01-03-2013, 01:08 PM
cesc said the same thing a few years back.

this is exactly the reason why a change of manager is needed.

Nayan
01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
what did you want him to say ' yeah he is really good and we're changing the way we play beacuse we are so scared?'

Kano
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
the reality is, he will say we have no plans and that will be the reality.

Power n Glory
01-03-2013, 01:44 PM
There is more.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger insists he has no specials plans to stymie Gareth Bale in Sunday's Sky Live derby.

Bale has hit a rich vein of form in recent weeks but Wenger insists his team must focus on their own performance rather than worry about the opposition.

"We don't plan for anybody. It is always the same - focus on our strengths and forget about your opponent," said Wenger.
"There is nobody special that you least like to face. All players have different qualities.

"What is important when you are a manager is that you are focused, that hasn't changed over the last 15 years, you always make sure your team is at its best, prepares well and focuses on playing the football that we love.

"What is important before a game like that is just to focus on our game and forget all the rest."
Should Arsenal secure victory this weekend, the gap on their rivals would be reduced to just one point.

"It is an interesting game because there is something at stake," Wenger added.

"We are confident and we are on a good run in the Premier League. If you look at our record, it is very good in recent games, so we will just focus on our strengths, that is it.

"Sunday is a very important game because it's in the final part of the season, the outcome will give a big boost to the team who wins it.

"This is a derby and [will be] a very intense game, as usual, it is always very tight, always a big fight.

"If you look at our record in the last 15 or 16 years, it is very good. Of course we want to continue to maintain that record."

Arsenal will be without Bacary Sagna (knee) on Sunday, while Abou Diaby is rated as 50/50 with a calf problem.

We need an upgrade. He's not a tactician. That sort of talk can't fill the players with any confidence when it's already close to rock bottom. It's like sending an F1 driver on to a circuit without studying the track before racing or boxing stepping into the ring with an opponent with no knowledge of his record or stregths. That sort of overconfidence often leads to a failure and now we have the answer to why our players come out and play the way they do.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Does he just say this for effect or are we seriously this handicapped going into every game?

It's been the case ever since the start of his tenure. You can get away with it when you have players with the quality of the invincibles but it's not going to work with our current shower of shite.

In some ways I can understand his thinking, you don't want to overthink your opponents and change your plans at the cost of your own performances but he simply has to pragmatic against certain opponents, notably when they are better then us. Even Ferguson adapted his the approach of his winning team to deal with specific threats of Madrid at the Bernabau a couple of weeks ago.

WMUG
01-03-2013, 02:16 PM
what did you want him to say ' yeah he is really good and we're changing the way we play beacuse we are so scared?'

No, he could say 'we're not scared of Bale, we have a plan to deal with him and are fully confident that it will work' or something like that.

LDG
01-03-2013, 02:39 PM
He's a deluded ****!

Cripps_orig
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
It's not so much him saying we don't prepare for opponents that worries me. It's more him saying we will play our game which does cos our game is shite

Nayan
01-03-2013, 04:44 PM
yeah but then you know the meedia - they'd jump on it to say arsenal have had to abandon the habit of a lifetime and formulate a plan because monkey chops is so damn good etc.
Besides when did wenger ever say what he really means?

Kano
01-03-2013, 04:53 PM
when has wenger ever had a plan to deal with the opposition?

he is the highbrow 'arry.

Power n Glory
01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
yeah but then you know the meedia - they'd jump on it to say arsenal have had to abandon the habit of a lifetime and formulate a plan because monkey chops is so damn good etc.
Besides when did wenger ever say what he really means?

I'm afraid it's a part of Wenger's footballing philosophy. We don't study the opposition.

Nayan
01-03-2013, 05:20 PM
if that were true he woudlnt have played bergkamp as a lone striker in the 2005 FA cup final. Nor would he have (correctly) been so defensive and counterattacky last time we played at the camp nou

wenger used to hardcoded to 4-4-2 and said as much. These days he understands tactic and otehr aspect of the game better than ever. Sadly he thinks his team is up to scratch when playing proper opposition and you saw the result of that vs bayern Munich

Munchies
01-03-2013, 08:01 PM
We were getting destroyed in the fa cup final by United, just lucky they couldn't score anything.

Özim
01-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Tactics Wenger :lol:

He thinks they're sweets!

Cripps_orig
01-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Needs to go back to 4-4-2 asap

fakeyank
01-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Needs to go back to 4-4-2 asap

:gp:

Best post in this thread

Özim
01-03-2013, 10:12 PM
4-5-1 worst formation in the history of football.

Özil's Panoramic View
01-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Let's hope when Laudrup takes over :pray:, he'll revert to said formation.

Cripps_orig
01-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Most if not all of our successes came under the 4-4-2 formation. Why he changed it, god knows but he keeps playing the 4-5-1 despite it failing

Power n Glory
01-03-2013, 10:34 PM
It's not the formation. If he played a 4-4-2 with the same players we'd still lose a lot of games under him.

Özil's Panoramic View
01-03-2013, 10:38 PM
It's not the formation. If we played a 4-4-2 under the same manager we'd still lose a lot of games with these players.

A bit fixed for accuracy.

Özim
01-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Most if not all of our successes came under the 4-4-2 formation. Why he changed it, god knows but he keeps playing the 4-5-1 despite it failing
Probably the same reason he changed from quick counter attacking tall powerful side to a slow paced 5 yard passing munchkin of a side...stupidity.

Xhaka Can’t
02-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Given the incredible amount of draws in this fixture, it is surprising only 5 people have sat on the fence.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Given the incredible amount of draws in this fixture, it is surprising only 5 people have sat on the fence.

http://i.imgur.com/wAuwF.gif

Xhaka Can’t
02-03-2013, 12:55 PM
What is wrong with you?

GP
02-03-2013, 01:18 PM
What is wrong with you?

I think everything.

Özil's Panoramic View
02-03-2013, 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGzI38BF-FI

From min 12:08 through min 13:30, just awesome. Legendary player and goalscorer, and to top it off, he really hates the scum.

Munchies
02-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Haha starting at 20:45 , Steve Bould got destroyed by Henry :bow:

fakeyank
02-03-2013, 03:43 PM
I fucking hate and love this documentary.. hate it coz it just reminds of the shower of shite that plays for Arsenal now. I want to go back in the past :(

Özil's Panoramic View
02-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Chavs win today makes this an even more absolute must win tomorrow.

Hate when the pressure is this intense, as we tend to fold in this type of setting.

Cripps_orig
02-03-2013, 05:07 PM
On the contrary, the only pressure on us for this game comes from us having to beat the spuds cos they are our local rivals. In terms of league positions, don't care if we finish top 4 or not. There are pros and cons to finishing in it and out of it so it bears little importance

Özil's Panoramic View
02-03-2013, 05:12 PM
On the contrary, the only pressure on us for this game comes from us having to beat the spuds cos they are our local rivals. In terms of league positions, don't care if we finish top 4 or not. There are pros and cons to finishing in it and out of it so it bears little importance

Not so sure the manager and players, along with a majority of the fans share the same sentiment.

Pressure is on.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2013, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGzI38BF-FI

From min 12:08 through min 13:30, just awesome. Legendary player and goalscorer, and to top it off, he really hates the scum.

En-reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Still gets me jumping.

Massively underrated player. Was twice as good as the credit he's given and those Euro shits showed how bitter they are when they refused to hand him the awards he fully deserved.

But what a team in general. Bergkamp and Henry up front, Pires and Freddie wide, Patrick through the middle, the hugely underrated Gilberto and a rock solid back five. Best I'll ever see, a street ahead of the best Barca side under Guardiola. I'd watch our explosive and jaw dropping performances over tippy tappy any day which is why it's a crime we've gone from being the most entertaining side since Brazil of the 70s to a pale imitation of an already tragically boring Barcelona. Why did Wenger do that?

Özil's Panoramic View
02-03-2013, 08:43 PM

Massively underrated player. Was twice as good as the credit he's given and those Euro shits showed how bitter they are when they refused to hand him the awards he fully deserved.

But what a team in general. Bergkamp and Henry up front, Pires and Freddie wide, Patrick through the middle, the hugely underrated Gilberto and a rock solid back five. Best I'll ever see, a street ahead of the best Barca side under Guardiola. I'd watch our explosive and jaw dropping performances over tippy tappy any day which is why it's a crime we've gone from being the most entertaining side since Brazil of the 70s to a pale imitation of an already tragically boring Barcelona. Why did Wenger do that?

The part in bold :bow:

Marc Overmars
02-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Sod all on TV tonight so I think I'll watch that Henry vid. :cloud9:

Power n Glory
02-03-2013, 08:50 PM

Henry should have at least won a Balon D'Or. Same goes for Bergkamp. How has Owen got one but nothing for either of these guys?

Lord Nelson
02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Totally agree cripps! We have finished in the top four for years ! Look where it has got us! Fucking nowhere! It will do us good to finish outside! Then changes may happen!

Injury Time
02-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Totally agree cripps! We have finished in the top four for years ! Look where it has got us! Fucking nowhere! It will do us good to finish outside! Then changes may happen!
Yeah we won't be able to "afford" or "attract" top top top quality playas, woopy doo and only Wenger will be able to see us through troubled waters :rolleyes: out of top 4 does no one any favours; Wenger will see out his contract we want to be in the best possible shape to ensure a smooth transition to Zidane taking over.

Cripps_orig
02-03-2013, 10:21 PM

But what a team in general. Bergkamp and Henry up front, Pires and Freddie wide, Patrick through the middle, the hugely underrated Gilberto and a rock solid back five. Best I'll ever see, a street ahead of the best Barca side under Guardiola. I'd watch our explosive and jaw dropping performances over tippy tappy any day which is why it's a crime we've gone from being the most entertaining side since Brazil of the 70s to a pale imitation of an already tragically boring Barcelona. Why did Wenger do that?best post you have ever made

Cripps_orig
02-03-2013, 10:25 PM

I'm not saying i want us to finish outside the top 4. Come the CL next season and we aren't in it will hurt despite us being a bit shit. However if we aren't in it, I being the optimistic guy I am will see the best in the situation as I do in every situation.

Lord Nelson
02-03-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm not saying i want us to finish outside the top 4. Come the CL next season and we aren't in it will hurt despite us being a bit shit. However if we aren't in it, I being the optimistic guy I am will see the best in the situation as I do in every situation.
Spuds finished outside the top 4 for the past few seasons and they have overtaken us, so what's the difference? Wenger must go at the end of the season and let someone else spend the 120m!

McNamara That Ghost...
03-03-2013, 01:37 AM
Henry should have at least won a Balon D'Or. Same goes for Bergkamp. How has Owen got one but nothing for either of these guys?

Owen won the UEFA Cup when he got his along with the FA Cup (sadly) and the League Cup. And to be fair, Henry lost out on the Ballon d'Or in 2004 (as it was seperate from WPotY then) to Shevchenko, who I can't really argue against winning it. Ronaldinho winning WPotY that season was silly though.

I don't think Henry should've won it in any other season aside from judging 2003/2004 though.

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Owen won the UEFA Cup when he got his along with the FA Cup (sadly) and the League Cup. And to be fair, Henry lost out on the Ballon d'Or in 2004 (as it was seperate from WPotY then) to Shevchenko, who I can't really argue against winning it. Ronaldinho winning WPotY that season was silly though.

I don't think Henry should've won it in any other season aside from judging 2003/2004 though.

The Mickey Mouse treble vs the Invincible season. Henry should have won the Balon D'Or at least in that year especially when he was runner up twice in a row for World Player.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-03-2013, 09:30 AM
The Mickey Mouse treble vs the Invincible season. Henry should have won the Balon D'Or at least in that year especially when he was runner up twice in a row for World Player.

It doesn't really make any sense comparing it to what Owen did that season in that way; they couldn't exactly take Owen's award away, voted for by a different group of people (Ballon d'Or was voted for by football writers) because Henry had won a League unbeaten. What you should be comparing it to is what Shevchenko did (and Deco). Henry obviously did more in 2004 than Ronaldinho though.

A Mickey Mouse treble we'd be quite ok with achieving now, incidentally.

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 11:06 AM
It doesn't really make any sense comparing it to what Owen did that season in that way; they couldn't exactly take Owen's award away, voted for by a different group of people (Ballon d'Or was voted for by football writers) because Henry had won a League unbeaten. What you should be comparing it to is what Shevchenko did (and Deco). Henry obviously did more in 2004 than Ronaldinho though.

A Mickey Mouse treble we'd be quite ok with achieving now, incidentally.

It does when the panel's criteria on winners constantly changes. I can almost understand Ronaldinho's award because he was the best footballer on the planet even without winning a title. Hands down he captured the world's attention. 2003 was the shocking year. Zidane won World Player of the year for a unspectacular year and Nedved won the Balon D'Or. Maybe Henry had to win a Champions League to finally win the big prize but again, that's a lot more than what past winners have had to do to win.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Before Messi turned into a freak, most winners came from from impressing in Europe (or Internationally).

We have Wenget who's horrific in European competition, so Henry never stood a chance really.

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Before Messi turned into a freak, most winners came from from impressing in Europe (or Internationally).

We have Wenget who's horrific in European competition, so Henry never stood a chance really.

Ohh you can't forget about Ronaldo and Ronaldinho when it comes to that freak of nature phenomenal player recognition. Those two won without winning major titles but the world could see they were one man wrecking machines on the pitch.

But it regards to Henry it seemed that way. He needed a better record in Europe before getting that love from the critics. They didn't respect the Prem's competition all that much back then.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
It does when the panel's criteria on winners constantly changes. I can almost understand Ronaldinho's award because he was the best footballer on the planet even without winning a title. Hands down he captured the world's attention. 2003 was the shocking year. Zidane won World Player of the year for a unspectacular year and Nedved won the Balon D'Or. Maybe Henry had to win a Champions League to finally win the big prize but again, that's a lot more than what past winners have had to do to win.

As good as he was, Henry only won the FA Cup and a Confederations Cup (if that competition was even part of the consideration) so I don't think it's that much of a shocker really in terms of these awards, nor that surprising. Zidane won La Liga, Nedved won Serie A and reached the Champions League final.

World Player of the Year wasn't likely to be won by anyone else unless you were in Spain or alternatively won something in Europe, sadly.

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Again, honours vs world impact when it comes to judging criteria. Around that period Henry was one of the most feared strikers.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-03-2013, 11:51 AM
And Nedved wasn't a midfielder you'd want dictating or running against you, I don't want to get in to comparing players' abilities because I really don't see the point for this, when we know the awards won't be given out on that alone. Henry didn't give a good enough argument for them to vote for him, Nedved did.

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 12:26 PM
You're right, Henry didn't and it's a shame a player of his calibre has never won.

But on ability alone, they have been given out. Ronaldo and Ronaldinho are examples but Henry can't really compete with that.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Why do they bother voting at all if they can just add up the medals?