PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Spurs

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Season over

Bring on next season

The Emirates Gallactico
03-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Once again our shambolic defending costs us. Two cheap goals to conceed.

There was talk in the past about bringing in a defensive coach but with Bould's appointment I thought that would no longer be necessary. May need to reconsider.

McNamara That Ghost...
Fuck.

Özim
Disastrous season coming to an end now, beaten by the Spuds 7 points behind them now.....how the mighty have fallen.

Dicks and chicks
can we qualify for the europa league thats the question

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 05:57 PM
can we qualify for the europa league thats the question

Between us and Everton

They are strong finishers

We aren't

hobson's choice
Very simple game, been this way all season long, the midfield just like today is good enough to play against anyone, but the strikers and defenders are shit, simples.

Joker
Oh.

IMO we severely lack star quality and the sort of player who can make a difference in the big games, either with a pass, a piece of skill or a great shot. There are a lot of "meh" players like Arteta and Giroud who are decent enough, but won't give you enough if you want to achieve real success.

Özim
03-03-2013, 05:58 PM
5 behind Chelsea with inferior goal difference.

4th place trophy looks unlikely, what will Wenger boast about now?

selassie
03-03-2013, 05:58 PM
The race for top 4 is over now, we just need to see out this season in 5th and re group for next season.

Özim
03-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Giroud works hard, gets a few touches, but in the grand scheme of it he's a failure of a signing considering he was replacing a class player, we've seen today that he just doesn't have the ability when it matters.

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 05:59 PM
5 behind Chelsea with inferior goal difference.

4th place trophy looks unlikely, what will Wenger boast about now?

He's been in the FA cup 17 years in a row

Man Utd can't say that

Özim
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM
He's been in the FA cup 17 years in a row

Man Utd can't say that
:lol: good one didn't think of that!

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Oh.

IMO we severely lack star quality and the sort of player who can make a difference in the big games, either with a pass, a piece of skill or a great shot. There are a lot of "meh" players like Arteta and Giroud who are decent enough, but won't give you enough if you want to achieve real success.

Oh, you've tipped up? Welcome.

milla
03-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Wumger :bow:

Stan :bow:

Walnutt for doing feck all :bow:

:coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
03-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Oh, you've tipped up? Welcome.

Give it a rest

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Ramsey, Walcott, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Giroud. Nobody could do well carrying shit like that. And even if they could... Wenger's subs! Just fuck off. Comedy.

They charge everything and give nothing. Fuck the lot of them. Season over apart from counting up the money at the end. ****s.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Give it a rest

You can't even say hello to people now?

milla
03-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Giroud works hard, gets a few touches, but in the grand scheme of it he's a failure of a signing considering he was replacing a class player, we've seen today that he just doesn't have the ability when it matters.

So is Walcott, he was superb on the flank last season. Who told him to drift so far in field? :coffee:

hobson's choice
03-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Agent Rafa will make sure Wenger secures 4th

Marc Overmars
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
So poor.

The Ramzi chance was the only thing we managed to create all game, what the hell has happened to our creative edge that used to be able to serve up 5-6 chances a match?

As usual, lazy defending is the root of the problem though. Anything positive we do is always too little, too late.

One of Wenget's remaining +1's was that he had the edge over Spurs, now he doesn't even have that. He really needs to go this summer, it's scary how timid and low on quality we look. There's no international tournament so start planning ahead now, fresh start is needed.

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
So is Walcott, he was superb on the flank last season. Who told him to drift so far in field? :coffee:

He played like an idiot. Wenger needs to have a word with him. Wasn't involved because he kept playing off the shoulder even though he had no chances at all. At least get touches and try to create chances!

Master Splinter
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Seriously low-quality match. Two poor teams. Best League In The World.

Defence awful. Midfield sloppy. Attack non-existent.

It would be pleasant to see a few changes going into the final run of games. It would be at least interesting to see if Koscielny, Rosicky and Podolski can add something different to the nothingness that currently exists. That you can underperform/be consistently shit like Sagna, Vermaelen, Cazorla, Ramsey and Walcott and be guaranteed to start every week is a critical managerial flaw.

Only Jenkinson and Rosicky deserve credit today. And Ramsey being our most effective/least shit midfielder says everything.

Middle East Consortium out.

Özim
03-03-2013, 06:10 PM
There's just no quality in this team, goalkeeper is questionnable, defence is awful (Monreal seems to be fitting in nicely), the midfield is slightly above average and up front we've got nothing.

Sad sad state of affairs.

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 06:10 PM
But we were done by shit defending again today. Vermaelen is dog shit!

RomfordPele
03-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Another (yet another) display of abject incompetence by wenger, echoed by his overpaid muppets on the pitch.

Spurs were awful, really awful. Yet they won fairly comfortably in the end. Not good enough.

Your number is up arsene. Do the honourable thing in the summer.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:12 PM

Defence awful. Midfield sloppy. Attack non-existent.

It would be pleasant to see a few changes going into the final run of games. It would be at least interesting to see if Koscielny, Rosicky and Podolski can add something different to the nothingness that currently exists. That you can underperform/be consistently shit like Sagna, Vermaelen, Cazorla, Ramsey and Walcott and be guaranteed to start every week is a critical managerial flaw.

Only Jenkinson and Rosicky deserve credit today. And Ramsey being our most effective/least shit midfielder says everything.

Middle East Consortium out.

East Midlands pub chain in, we'd be a great addition.

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 06:12 PM
But we were done by shit defending again today. Vermaelen is dog shit!

This but when you consider our back up is Kos who's even worse, we truly are fucked

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I wonder what Stan is thinking?

Dine out and give the chef the night off? Or stay at home.

Özim
03-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Does another so called "top manager" exist who has consistently delivered such a poor defence? The defending has been a problem for years and yet the guy seems to make it worse every season.

He's no longer picking up those gems of attacking players to mask the problems either.

Dennis Bendtner
Shit bros. I'm up for Syn's idea of finding another sport. Perhaps one that Maccy doesn't already follow.

Özim
I wonder what Stan is thinking?
King size burger, large fries and a coke?

milla
He played like an idiot. Wenger needs to have a word with him. Wasn't involved because he kept playing off the shoulder even though he had no chances at all. At least get touches and try to create chances!

Wenger would do nothing about it. Do you think any top manager / club would allow such a thing happen in a crucial match like today. Fuking idiot!!! :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
03-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Shit bros. I'm up for Syn's idea of finding another sport. Perhaps one that Maccy doesn't already follow.

Croquet is available.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-03-2013, 06:15 PM
King size burger, large fries and a coke?

He's a man of taste.

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 06:16 PM
This but when you consider our back up is Kos who's even worse, we truly are fucked

We didn't even start off that badly but once again we get this part time defenders that can't do their fucking job properly. Vermaelen and Monreal were the culprit. No communication, tunnel vision and we're bloody lucky not to have conceded more. This area needs sorting asap because we have no chance with this sort of defending. Two goals down within minutes!

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 06:16 PM

Kabbadi

notwist
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
The defending was bad but the thing that is consistently bad about Arsenal and runs through every defeat is that there is so much aimless and pointless passing in midfield. The team never attacks with pace or has any instinct or opportunism. They play like a bunch of robots coached by someone programmed by a Dutchman in 1970. All puff no product.

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Wenger would do nothing about it. Do you think any top manager / club would allow such a thing happen in a crucial match like today. Fuking idiot!!! :coffee:

He's been playing in that semi striker winger role for months now and it doesn't work. You lose width, you lose a defender and he's not going to score from playing on the shoulder from such wide positions. It's the same problem we're having with Podoslki. Wenger has to go.

hobson's choice

Meh, football right now is shit across the world, other than maybe 2/3 club teams, and the Spanish National, level of the game isn't very high at all

But this match itself was exciting

Dennis Bendtner
Jim Rosenthal and Stan Collymore

FC Dynamo Warsaw

fffffuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkk

Marc Overmars
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't know what Rosicky has done to Wenget, but it must be something serious because how he deems this guy not enough to start for this shower of crap is beyond me.

Joker
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM
2 shots on target is really poor, I remember in the past we used to make at least 5-6 clear cut opportunities at WHL, even when we were out of form. There's so much unimaginative, conservative passing in midfield this season, with no one wanting to try something different, link up with a forward player and drive the team forward. Wilshere tries to fill the role, but his final ball is too erratic and he needs others around him to help as well.

Özim
03-03-2013, 06:24 PM
We've sold 18 players who have gone one to win 54 trophies since we last won something, just shows that the players knew they had to leave to fulfill their ambition.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-03-2013, 06:24 PM
I don't know what Rosicky has done to Wenget, but it must be something serious because how he deems this guy not enough to start for this shower of crap is beyond me.

Syn was right when he said a while ago, there's no matchday intelligence there. Rosicky isn't the only one though, he uses very few players to the best of their abilities - aside from when injuries occur I can't imagine we use very many players at all, very often we only have two substitutes in a match, sometimes none.

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
We've sold 18 players who have gone one to win 54 trophies since we last won something, just shows that the players knew they had to leave to fulfill their ambition.

Arsenal curse is alive and well

Master Splinter
03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
It's pretty easy to spot when we're going to play poorly and most likely lose.

The team sheet gives it away every time.

WUMger goes negative and drops a potent attacking player for an extra midfielder. The only problem is that none of our midfielders provide anything different/extra. Certainly not in defensive terms. And the ones who could perhaps provide something extra never play.

And I think everyone saw the Vermaelen thing coming. He was made captain and is therefore never dropped, despite Koscielny proving last season that he's a superior player in every way. Even Miquel looks a safer option.

Oh, and Jenkinson will be dropped again, despite another good performance and being our only competent crosser and right-sided threat.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Saw that written up, half the trophies are the Welsh charity shield and another big percentage was Hleb picking up "me toos"

Dennis Bendtner
Giroud really has perfected the Dennis Bendtner look of anguish. His mentality is poor. Vermaelen has been bad for a long time.

Cripps_orig
We didn't even start off that badly but once again we get this part time defenders that can't do their fucking job properly. Vermaelen and Monreal were the culprit. No communication, tunnel vision and we're bloody lucky not to have conceded more. This area needs sorting asap because we have no chance with this sort of defending. Two goals down within minutes!
My first proper look at Monreal.

He's not very good.

Heard he was ripped apart last week by Weimann time after time as well

We need new defenders and a new system

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:29 PM
It's pretty easy to spot when we're going to play poorly and most likely lose.

The team sheet gives it away every time.

WUMger goes negative and drops a potent attacking player for an extra midfielder. The only problem is that none of our midfielders provide anything different/extra. Certainly not in defensive terms. And the ones who could perhaps provide something extra never play.

And I think everyone saw the Vermaelen thing coming. He was made captain and is therefore never dropped, despite Koscielny proving last season that he's a superior player in every way. Even Miquel looks a safer option.

Oh, and Jenkinson will be dropped again, despite another good performance and being our only competent crosser and right-sided threat.

Jenks will need a rest after doing 10 times more in one game than theo has done since the Contract Trophy. Keep him on the bench until 2019. We should try Ramsey in goal.

Globalgunner
03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
What manager worthy of the name takes off a fit rb to play a turd like Ramsey while two goals down

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:32 PM
What manager worthy of the name takes off a fit rb to play a turd like Ramsey while two goals down

I think it was to get him out of the middle where he was killing us. Obviously he can't be subbed so he has to play somewhere.

leaf
03-03-2013, 06:33 PM
another poor performance all part of wenger downfall must surely go soon. has giroud ever played before

milla
I think it was to get him out of the middle where he was killing us. Obviously he can't be subbed so he has to play somewhere.

milla

Master Splinter
03-03-2013, 06:34 PM

In theory, I'm fully behind going all-out attack, as any other way for us is futile.

But when you take off your best and arguably most dangerous player, it's just another in a long line of WUMger specials.

milla
03-03-2013, 06:34 PM
In theory, I'm fully behind going all-out attack, as any other way for us is futile.

But when you take off your best and arguably most dangerous player, it's just another in a long line of WUMger specials.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM

Ramsey is a trier but he's just not very good. Doesn't spot passes quickly enough and often ends up spoiling attacks because he always goes back on himself.

Master Splinter
03-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Two good cameo performances from Rosicky recently.

When will he play next?

I must tell you, the spreadsheet is unsure.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:37 PM
N_Q is skintillated by monkey boy, apparently. Bit saucy.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Not sure if it's been said yet but Wheelchair was shit. His worst game in a while.

Joker
03-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Wenger reaction:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "Suddenly we were 2-0 down after a tight opening. We were on top of the game when we conceded two goals. My team produced a lot of energy and desire but we were not decisive enough in either penalty area.

"We played offside at the back when we shouldn't have done it. I feel sorry for the team and the fans. It's difficult to swallow.

"We have to fight. It will be difficult to come in the top four now as we dropped points we couldn't afford to drop."

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Wenger on SSN atm

Master Splinter
03-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Not sure if it's been said yet but Wheelchair was shit. His worst game in a while.

Were you on the match thread?

Wenget talking him up before the game backfired.

Bale got one over him.

Devastatingly, Parker did too.

Joker
03-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Our record against the best teams this season is pretty appalling. Out of Man City (x2), Chelsea (x2), Spurs (x2), Liverpool (x2), Schalke (x2), Man Utd and Bayern, we've picked up a grand total of 9 points out of 36.

leaf
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
wenger on ssn is he resigning

Özil's Panoramic View
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Wenger on SSN atm

I reckon he'll be announcing his departure there.

Syn
03-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Arsenal :haha: :haha:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2013, 06:52 PM
I was in upstate New York recently and managed to dig up some golden tablets that i've not shown to anyone else and don't intend to which states that Joseph Smith the savior of mankind (well white mankind) will return to earth as a god to take over at Arsenal.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Our record against the best teams this season is pretty appalling. Out of Man City (x2), Chelsea (x2), Spurs (x2), Liverpool (x2), Schalke (x2), Man Utd and Bayern, we've picked up a grand total of 9 points out of 36.

33 points. I doubt we could've won any against Bayern.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Oh we'll, shit team, shit manager, shit board, shit season which is well and truly over. Nothing else to see here. Somebody clean up the shit and turn out the lights.

Kano
03-03-2013, 07:19 PM

when did we start including liverpool and schalke into the best team bracket?

Alpha
03-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Lets calm down some nerves and emotions . We lost the game but we didn't deserve to lose . Wenger has lost the game for us . The lines-up was wrong in the first place . Podolski and Rosiky should have started the game . Ramsey should have been on the bench . Jenkinson was one of our best players . Why sub him ? We should have started with our best 11 .
Why the hell Wenger continues to instruct his players to walk with the ball in the net ? Are they Messis ?

Letters
03-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Was sure we'd lose so didn't watch. Glad I didn't.
Tbh we need to finish outside the top 4, if that doesn't give Wenger a kick up the backside then nothing will.

Xhaka Can’t
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM

He seems to have gotten a pass for this game. While I don't expect miracles of him, and am concerned that we have a 'talisman' that is so inexperienced, I was surprised at such tepid performance from him.

He played like he had the flu and a broken leg today.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Lets calm down some nerves and emotions . We lost the game but we didn't deserve to lose . Wenger has lost the game for us . The lines-up was wrong in the first place . Podolski and Rosiky should have started the game . Ramsey should have been on the bench . Jenkinson was one of our best players . Why sub him ? We should have started with our best 11 .
Why the hell Wenger continues to instruct his players to walk with the ball in the net ? Are they Messis ?

Of course we deserved to lose. Spurs got in behind us twice to score and then should have buried us on the counter. Everything in between was just us pretending to play some sort of passing game.

Agree with the rest though, Wenget doesn't have a grip on things anymore. The whole Walcott up front thing has confused him, to the point where Giroud is becoming increasingly isolated and Theo stuck in a phantom position that is neither here nor there. Then you of course have his weird fetish for Ramzi, dropping Podolski and never giving Rosicky (or even Oxlade) a start.

He's lost it.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-03-2013, 07:44 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/03/arsenal-fan-throws-banana-at-gareth-bale-in-tottenham-defeat-3523974/

Munchies
03-03-2013, 07:51 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/03/arsenal-fan-throws-banana-at-gareth-bale-in-tottenham-defeat-3523974/

http://www.strikerstackle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gareth_bale_lookalike_monkey.png

alexander
03-03-2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.strikerstackle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gareth_bale_lookalike_monkey.png

Has he had his ears pinned back recently? because they dont look quite like that now?

IBK
03-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Jenks will need a rest after doing 10 times more in one game than theo has done since the Contract Trophy. Keep him on the bench until 2019. We should try Ramsey in goal.

Now that brightened my day, mate. :lol:

IBK
03-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Oh we'll, shit team, shit manager, shit board, shit season which is well and truly over. Nothing else to see here. Somebody clean up the shit and turn out the lights.

And again! :lol:

Dennis Bendtner
03-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Still, it's good that the fringe players are hungry to get in the team.

http://www.metro.co.uk/2013/03/03/nicklas-bendtner-caught-drink-driving-into-oncoming-traffic-3523620/

gunnerrrrr
03-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Easy everyone, calm down.

Yes we lost, but I'm comforted by the fact that our great manager is still a football genius.

Who else in world football would have had the foresight to play Ramsey. Even more technically brilliant was the decision to sub our only recognisable right back, IMO one of the best players on the pitch for a midfielder and then to play the superbly slow and fantastically inaccurate crosser of a football, Ramsey, at right back.

If that wasn't enough, we saw Wengers inspired genius in playing a, some would say defender by trade, Mertesacker as a all dominating centre forward.

I'm sure Wenger thought the above was so highly geniusesq that AVB either in fits of laughter or sheer dumbfoundness would concede victory.

Special mention to Vermaleen who is a modern day Beckenbauer, without the football ability.

BlindFaith_8
03-03-2013, 09:20 PM
6 Days ago le idiot quoted:

Arsene Wenger says finishing second in the Premier League is not out of Arsenal's reach.
Wenger has recently seen his side beaten by Blackburn in the FA Cup and Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
But he believes they can secure the runners-up spot in the league, despite being nine points behind second-placed Manchester City with 11 games left.

"Man City is not out of reach. It could be a tight fight until the end," said the Arsenal manager.:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 09:28 PM
on the derby…
It's frustrating because we put so much effort it and we lost the game when we were on top of the game. If you watch the game again you will see that at the moment we were 2-0 down we should have been 2-0 up. They had a very difficult start, we were on top of the game, and the 2-0 lead of course gave them the confidence to defend well and that's what they did for the rest of the game.

It's very frustrating because we had a great attitude but we come out with no points and as well because we were not efficient in the zones where it matters - at the front and at the back. Also, without being at any moment dominated, the only times Tottenham were dangerous today was on counter-attacks. If you are dominated and they create chance after chance, OK you accept it. But today it was a strange game to lose.

on the goals conceded…
I will have to see it again, we certainly lacked caution on both goals because there was no pressure on the ball and we didn't cover.

on the battle for a top-four place…
It will be a massive challenge, massive. I said before the game we couldn't drop these points today and I maintain that after the game. Especially the way the game went, it is difficult to understand how we can lose games like that.

on learning lessons at the back…
Ideally you don't concede goals at all. It is frustrating because we had the best defensive record in the league away from home until today. When you go into a big game like that, once you're 2-0 down you make it difficult for yourself because you have to come out, open yourself up against a team that is good at counter-attacking.

But after in the final 20 minutes it was stop and go, they would foul and stop us from going. They stayed down a lot. We couldn't get the final flow into the game because it was stop and go always.

on conceding two goals in quick succession…
It happened to us many times this season and only in big games. It's difficult to say why, there's no common thing, in all the games there is a different problem. But after you make it difficult for yourself. I cannot fault the attitude or the effort that the team produced, or the spirit the team has shown, but you give yourself a mountain to climb every time in a game of that magnitude.

on whether he believes Arsenal can finish in the top four…
I still think it is possible and we will fight for it, that is for sure.

Was he watching a different match? Spuds were comfortable bar few minutes after we scored. Other than the Ramsey chance, we created f all

Power n Glory
03-03-2013, 09:41 PM
He is an idiot if he can't understand how we lost such a game. What's so different about today and other losses? We never get domainated by the opposition and until he abhors the sight of poor defending he'll remain confused and baffled. What's wrong with the guy? Why can't he see that defensive discipline is needed? After the game he told a reporter that we had the best home defensive record prior to this game. Is that all he looks at? Total bafoon!

Munchies
03-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Riot Police barging through during the interview at 1:20 !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZY--GfOJW8

Poor guy, this shit team doesn't deserve the support of gooners who travel and pay hard earned money to watch shit players who drive around in their sports cars acting like they are something big, when they're fucking shit.

Joker
03-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Listening to him is painful these days. It wouldn't be so bad if all this was a smokescreen but it's clear he genuinely believes what he's saying, and that he's struggling to understand how we lost the match.

Kano
03-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Was sure we'd lose so didn't watch. Glad I didn't.
Tbh we need to finish outside the top 4, if that doesn't give Wenger a kick up the backside then nothing will.
can't you see that he is giving his all right now? and that's the problem - it just isn't enough anymore. we weren't actually terrible today as the players seemed motivated but the set up of the team and of course the traditional shabby defending undermined everything else.

wenger can throw as much money as he wants at things but he no longer has that 'edge' to do something more innovative than a top four finish.

IBK
03-03-2013, 09:59 PM
can't you see that he is giving his all right now? and that's the problem - it just isn't enough anymore. we weren't actually terrible today as the players seemed motivated but the set up of the team and of course the traditional shabby defending undermined everything else.

wenger can throw as much money as he wants at things but he no longer has that 'edge' to do something more innovative than a top four finish.

This. He's giving 110%. And that's what is sad.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Riot Police barging through during the interview at 1:20 !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZY--GfOJW8

Poor guy, this shit team doesn't deserve the support of gooners who travel and pay hard earned money to watch shit players who drive around in their sports cars acting like they are something big, when they're fucking shit.

Stinky pigs will be dealt with come the revolution. Until then everyone has to put up with them.

Of course there won't be a revolution so I guess the smell will linger.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 10:11 PM

Yeah but his "all" involves subbing Jenks and playing Ramsey at RB. Ludicrous. This isn't a question of him being tactically outmanoeuvred it's a problem of him being locked in some fantasy world where batshit decisions make complete sense and all normality is crazy - like defending properly or paying attention to who we are playing each week.

Dig any fan out of the stands and he'd have picked a better starting eleven and made better subs today. I honestly can't think of why he does the things he does.

Maybe there's a serious bug in his team selection and management software that hasn't been fixed for eight years because it was created by Microsoft and Arsenal are too tight to pay the upgrade fee. Maybe his great moments came when the software was functional and now he's fucked. Maybe that's what he always makes the subs on 67 minutes, because the program takes 66 minutes to load. Maybe that's why Ramsey always plays, because the delete key doesn't work.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-03-2013, 11:48 PM
absolute tosh

this was a huge win and the celebrations at the end showed it. still a way to go but they've got one over us at a crucial stage in the season and while they are progressing, we are regressing.

podolski came on way too late.

why put ramsey as right back? jenks was doing fine.

giroud was dog.

walcott missing.

to put it bluntly, it was evident how much we missed a van persie up there. someone to create a bit of magic like he did last year. we've replaced him with a mechanic, slow striker who takes an age just to turn when he has the ball.

wenger huffing and puffing on the touchline as usual. they're your players so do something with them.

in the words of graham taylor, you got us in this fucking mess, so get us out of it.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-03-2013, 11:53 PM
the only bright spark was the fact i saw bale 2-1 coming all day long so stuck a tenner on it @ 40/1

thank you wenger

Munchies
04-03-2013, 12:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1XssCiViTc

He got the match-worn JW shirt , JW was invisible today though , can't always rely on him can we ?

Japan Shaking All Over
04-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Ramsey is a trier but he's just not very good. Doesn't spot passes quickly enough and often ends up spoiling attacks because he always goes back on himself.

I am not Ramseys greatest fan IHTA but i thought he tried a damm sight harder than some but he has beccome a product of the system, the Wumger way, playing people out of podition because we cant be bothered to bring in a player of quality to play there in the first place.

Cripps_orig
04-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Thought Ramsey was the best of our midfield today. That's more down to the others being dog toilet than Ramsey being any good though.

Our midfield is a problem. All this tippy tappy shit is pointless. We need creative players who will look for a killer pass. Might not succeed all the team but at least try. That is what Arshavin does and he needs to be played much more.

Sneijder would have been perfect

Japan Shaking All Over
04-03-2013, 02:42 AM
My only salvation from the game is the bunch of tits the scum fans make themselves look, now that they think they are something. . .when you consider the amount of times they have changed things around, the amount of money they have spent on players and new managers you would have thought that this day should have happened long ago. Yet still they can only just about get past us and we thumped them at home.

However. . .saying that it is us that has the egg left on our faces, some time down the line we may be able to argue that have the perfect business plan but we lack ambition and are stuck in an ever failing way of playing the game. Yesterday wasnt the worst we have played but as some have mentioned we just do not have the quality across the board. Until we address our problem areas and each unit needs at least one quality addition then maybe we do need to be put in our place. But one thing is for sure, it isnt the fans that need to be told. . .

Japan Shaking All Over
04-03-2013, 03:00 AM
the only bright spark was the fact i saw bale 2-1 coming all day long so stuck a tenner on it @ 40/1

thank you wenger

Boooo

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 03:38 AM
I am not Ramseys greatest fan IHTA but i thought he tried a damm sight harder than some but he has beccome a product of the system, the Wumger way, playing people out of podition because we cant be bothered to bring in a player of quality to play there in the first place.

He does try but he's not a player that can link the play, it all breaks down or slows down around him. He's negative on the ball, too conservative. When we inject a bit of pace as soon as the ball goes to him the impetus drains out of the play (same with Diaby). And he's woeful on the wing and even worse at right back, but that's not his fault it's all down to Wenger's inexplicable selections and formations. Ramsey's a decent enough 89th minute sub when we are winning, at best.

As for Giroud and Walcott - they are classic mid table players. Not awful but certainly nothing special and absolutely out of their depth against savvy opposition. Both were pocketed today, although Dawson had to force Giroud into his pocket whereas Theo volunteered and jumped in by himself.

Mertesacker and Vermaelen - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Utter shite. You have to laugh when you see them attempting to defend. It's pathetic.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 03:49 AM
Jeez, the stupid spud ****s reckon they are the kings of North London after actually winning one game against us. They may even finish above us for the first time since 1995, almost 2 decades ago FFS. Some kings, they get to sit on the throne for 1 year out of 20. Sound more like wannabes to me. They have slipped out of our shadow for a split second, they'll be safely back there next year once we have sold Jack and bought Titus Bramble.

Letters
04-03-2013, 07:42 AM
to put it bluntly, it was evident how much we missed a van persie up there. someone to create a bit of magic like he did last year.Yeah, that's why we didn't lose 2-1 there last year.

Oh.

BOBN
04-03-2013, 09:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1XssCiViTc

He got the match-worn JW shirt , JW was invisible today though , can't always rely on him can we ?
You could never rely on him because hes not close to being a top player yet, and may never be. Ive not seen anything in his game to suggest hes got the vision/passing/brain to be a top playmaker. And hes got one league goal this season.

Half the player his senior was at the same age (fabregas). But im supposed to rejoice because "at least weve got wilshere" :cheer:

Its been a systematic reduction of quality across the whole pitch with no exception and thats from the 08 team nevermind 04.

And remember when people said good riddance to gallas because nobody could possibly be worse? Well, weve found two in vermalean and mert :pal:

Özim
04-03-2013, 09:21 AM
RE: Wilshere, I agree he's not as good as people think he is at the moment, he worked hard but he was ineffective yesterday and his tendency to overrun the ball and lose it is an issue at the moment (it happens a lot). Sure he's one of our best players but he lacks that ability that top players seem to have to almost never give the ball away.

He has talent no doubt but he's a long way from being the superstar that it's claimed he is, he's got a lot to learn and from what I can see noone to learn from.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I must say, Spurs got little bit one over us with Vertonghen. He's much better than Vermaelen.

LDG
04-03-2013, 09:29 AM
The hardest thing to take about this, and the ****s crowing down the road, is that we've done this to ourselves.

Sort it the fuck out Arsenal. For fucks sake.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2013, 09:35 AM
The hardest thing to take about this, and the ****s crowing down the road, is that we've done this to ourselves.

Let them crow all they like. We've had 2 decades of putting them in the shade, along with a stack load of trophies. What do they have to show in that time?

They've been close in the past and sooner or later things were going their way but fuck it, whatever happens this season they're still lightyears away from scaling the heights we did.

Kano
04-03-2013, 09:40 AM
I must say, Spurs got little bit one over us with Vertonghen. He's much better than Vermaelen.
we could of had him - if we had wanted to play him in defence rather than as a DM, a position he did not want to play. good thing we had diaby he can also play there.

more worried about us than tottenham scaling the dizzy heights of third place in the league. i'd still take 0 in 8 over 2 in 20 years, or no title in 9 than 52 years.

the best they can achieve is champs league football for a few seasons but they'll never be anything moret than a mid-tier club who can occasionally poke their head out the shit hole.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah, that's why we didn't lose 2-1 there last year.

Oh.

at the beginning of the season when we were shit.

letters fucks up again.

oh.

Letters
04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
at the beginning of the season when we were shit.

letters fucks up again.

oh.
Did we have RVP at the beginning of the season?

:pal:

Gooner23
04-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah, genuinely couldn't give a shit about the spuds. Jumping from 5th to 4th best team in country is hardly a major achievement.

Of far greater concern is the huge (and growing) gulf between us and the top.

Can't get my head round AW anymore. I do think he still cares, but then makes such ridiculous decisions it makes you wonder what is going on. Change has been long over due now, and its sad to see a once great managers reign end so bitterly.

Özim
04-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Vertonghen was brilliant, defended very well and also got forward well.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Did we have RVP at the beginning of the season?

:pal:

what are you on about now? we didnt have rvp at the beginning of last season? :haha:

quick to point the finger at cripps and zimm for wumming but the real wummers here are the mods.

selassie
04-03-2013, 10:11 AM

The sad thing is he chose them over us because we couldn't guarantee him first team football!

He's miles better than any CB we have.

BOBN
04-03-2013, 10:15 AM
jenkinson was shyt. You guys are simple as fook, see someone bombing down the flank putting in nothing balls and think thats a sign of quality. On both goals he could have applied pressure to the ball-carrier but I guess he didnt want to.

If theres a worse right back in the league ive yet to see him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-03-2013, 10:15 AM
they got one over us in vertonghen and also lloris.

one of the crucial differences was the goalkeeper yesterday. lloris was assured in everything he done, summed up in the way he came out to dominate that corner in the 95th minute by getting a strong hand to it. chesney would never have done that or if he did, it would have been an awful attempt and they probably would have scored from it.

its the difference between winning and losing. having a strong, experienced goalkeeper reassures the backline. the way lloris scooped up jenkinsons cross in the 2nd half. chesney would have palmed it straight into the oppositions feet. thats the difference between winning and losing.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-03-2013, 10:26 AM
after just watching motd highlights, fuck me our backline is embarrassing. are we still going to pretend like bould has a say in the coaching? because an experienced leader like bould would not be telling the backline to act like a circus on the weekend.

made worse by the spurs part of the highlights, who look organised and solid. avb clearly working the fine details of their defence.

a rookie manager out doing wenger at the things wenger used to be dominant at. just leave.

Power n Glory
04-03-2013, 10:56 AM
We were off in so many areas. The defence is a complete shambles and there is no organisation or communication between them. Vermaelen has to stripped of the armband and dropped. His form has been bad all season and he’s a terrible captain. The midfield wasn’t as disjointed as I’ve seen in the past but Jack was having a bad game. He can’t play further upfield if he’s going to dwindle on the ball and miss playing people in.

I thought Theo had a bad game. He needs to learn to adapt and play between the lines if he’s not getting the service but the MOTD highlights showed the amount of times Jack missed playing him through. We need Rosicky playing alongside him because still has a way to go before he can be our main playmaker. He keeps things ticking but we’re really missing the killer through balls and we really need passes on the plate if we’re playing doughnuts like Giroud and Theo.

Giroud has no quality and Pod needs to get a game upfront. He couldn’t win anything in the air, couldn’t trap the ball or lay it off right….a terrible performance from him. Ramsey was playing okay until Wenger decided to play him as rightback. Arteta shouldn’t be our DM. Way to slow to track runners and a faster, stronger, more aware DM would have helped us a great deal yesterday. He just can’t cover the ground.

It’s going to be a real struggle to get anything right if we can’t fix these problem. I’m not worried about attack as much because a few tweaks will sort that. In fact, who knows what would have happened if we kept a clean sheet but we defence haven’t had a solid and organised run of games in months. They have been so rubbish and it’s a repeat of previous seasons. Why can’t Wenger fix it?

Kano
04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
but we defence haven’t had a solid and organised run of games in months. They have been so rubbish and it’s a repeat of previous seasons. Why can’t Wenger fix it?

It is difficult to understand how you lose a game like that.

on top of his pre-game boast of how good we are statistically away from home, that is the reason why. he'll never get the problems in defence. never.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 01:10 PM

They're a bigger joke than us - and delighted with the fact. We chase the 4th Place Trophy, they chase the Small Segment of London Cup.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Vertonghen was brilliant, defended very well and also got forward well.

He wasn't brilliant - he was ordinary. So was Dawson. That's how ordinary defenders play in an organised system. You could have taken Merts and TV and after a year training with a team that organises the defending they'd be ordinary too. You could take the two spuds and stick them in our team and after a year they'd be a laughing stock. We don't defend. We are bigger than that.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 01:18 PM
jenkinson was shyt. You guys are simple as fook, see someone bombing down the flank putting in nothing balls and think thats a sign of quality. On both goals he could have applied pressure to the ball-carrier but I guess he didnt want to.

If theres a worse right back in the league ive yet to see him.

You're defeating your own argument. When quality declines across the entire team as you have said (agreed) you look for other things to compensate. Players who can at least pass a ball, put a cross in, are prepared to run for 90 minutes, players who give a fuck. That's why he's liked. Nobody is pretending he's a throwback to the great Milan defenders. But he's got the balls so many of our other players lack so he gets a pass on whatever defensive mistakes he makes because, after all, nobody in our team can defend so why single him out? At least he gives us something a lazy, self absorbed **** like Walcott can't or won't offer. Jenks is not a thief, turning up to put the minimum in and pocket the cash. Admire him for that at least because we have precious little else to admire at the moment.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 01:24 PM
So a young kid on whose shoulders the fortunes of a billion quid club has been pinned has a bad day at the office and now it's time to slaughter him? If Wilshere isn't Messi then add every other player in the world to that list of failure (except for Bale who is better than Messi). Wilshere gets hyped by the press because he's English and we've had to put up with overhyped shit like Lampard and Gerrard for years - players who fail at every significant hurdle on the International stage. Believe the hype if you want but don't slaughter the kid because a game of such huge importance got to him.

He's also stepped on a pitch with Barcelona and outplayed the best in the business, again no reason for the hype but don't ignore it either. The kid has huge talent and huge potential and anyone who disputes that has an agenda. Can he carry the likes of Walcott, Giroud, Ramsey and Diaby every game? Why would we expect him to? Nobody could do that, not even Messi. Stick Messi in this Arsenal team and he'd have his off days too, because the shit we have could drag anyone down.

Letters
04-03-2013, 01:51 PM
He wasn't brilliant - he was ordinary. So was Dawson. That's how ordinary defenders play in an organised system. You could have taken Merts and TV and after a year training with a team that organises the defending they'd be ordinary too. You could take the two spuds and stick them in our team and after a year they'd be a laughing stock. We don't defend. We are bigger than that.
Innit.

Our famous back 5 wasn't full of world class players (Dixon only got 22 caps for England, Winterburn only got 2, Bould only got 2.)
It was just a very well drilled unit.

Power n Glory
04-03-2013, 01:54 PM
So a young kid on whose shoulders the fortunes of a billion quid club has been pinned has a bad day at the office and now it's time to slaughter him? If Wilshere isn't Messi then add every other player in the world to that list of failure (except for Bale who is better than Messi). Wilshere gets hyped by the press because he's English and we've had to put up with overhyped shit like Lampard and Gerrard for years - players who fail at every significant hurdle on the International stage. Believe the hype if you want but don't slaughter the kid because a game of such huge importance got to him.

He's also stepped on a pitch with Barcelona and outplayed the best in the business, again no reason for the hype but don't ignore it either. The kid has huge talent and huge potential and anyone who disputes that has an agenda. Can he carry the likes of Walcott, Giroud, Ramsey and Diaby every game? Why would we expect him to? Nobody could do that, not even Messi. Stick Messi in this Arsenal team and he'd have his off days too, because the shit we have could drag anyone down.

It's not slaughter. He had a bad game and it would be wrong to overlook it when everyone else gets a kick up the backside. Ramsey wasn't even that bad yesterday (when in the middle) and he's getting undue stick for this game. I don't think he slowed down the play yesterday. Wilshere was the one missing runs and delaying the pass. Can't really make exceptions when it's derby day.

Power n Glory
04-03-2013, 01:56 PM

Giroud is an easy striker to mark as well. You're more likely to be surprised by a dodgy first touch over anything else he's offering.

LDG
04-03-2013, 02:11 PM
"We must fight now...."

Oh fuck off.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 02:16 PM
"We must fight now...."

Oh fuck off.

I think you are overlooking the fact our energy levels were superb yesterday.

Power n Glory
04-03-2013, 02:29 PM
"We must fight now...."

Oh fuck off.

Empty words and tiresome.

His Morpheus/Obi Wan approach to coaching is really pissing me off. There is more to football than spirit, determination, character, mental strength and the rest of the New Age nonsense he repeats game after game. He needs to get a strategy together and apply it to this team. We need organising. No more bollocks about not focusing on our opponents and allowing our players to express themselves on the pitch. We need this team drilled and organised. They need to know how to function as a unit on the pitch. I have no doubt that these guys want to win and are tired of being humiliated but they’re not going to get better without proper guidance and coaching.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
We have been fighting and showing great spirit all season. It's got us nowhere of course, but that's what we've been doing. Apparently.

LDG
04-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Empty words and tiresome.

His Morpheus/Obi Wan approach to coaching is really pissing me off. There is more to football than spirit, determination, character, mental strength and the rest of the New Age nonsense he repeats game after game. He needs to get a strategy together and apply it to this team. We need organising. No more bollocks about not focusing on our opponents and allowing our players to express themselves on the pitch. We need this team drilled and organised. They need to know how to function as a unit on the pitch. I have no doubt that these guys want to win and are tired of being humiliated but they’re not going to get better without proper guidance and coaching.

Yup.

Back to basics for the last ten games. We have enough quality in the ranks to get a good haul of points. But lets be hard to beat first.

Meh, who am I kidding. We all know what's coming anyway :(

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 02:46 PM
It is very difficult to know how we lose this match. We dominated but lack little bit perhaps composure in the final third. Of course with defending, I did not see it, I will have to look again.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Yup.

Back to basics for the last ten games. We have enough quality in the ranks to get a good haul of points. But lets be hard to beat first.

Meh, who am I kidding. We all know what's coming anyway :(

Back to basics. :lol:

I'm sure that's been the tagline at this point for the past 4 years when we've bombed out of everything.

There's not much to say anymore, Wenger has fully morphed into Wenget and there's no way back.

Özil's Panoramic View
04-03-2013, 02:55 PM
It is very difficult to know how we lose this match. We dominated but lack little bit perhaps composure in the final third. Of course with defending, I did not see it, I will have to look again.

Not sure I'd call pass, pass, pass dominate.

Özim
04-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Sorry I don't agree, he came forward with real purpose and also made last ditch tackle a number of time, they even singled him out during the match. He's a quality player and the kind of player we should have been after, it's not just the system that's flawed it's the quality of players we have as well.

Kano
04-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Sorry I don't agree, he came forward with real purpose and also made last ditch tackle a number of time, they even singled him out during the match. He's a quality player and the kind of player we should have been after, it's not just the system that's flawed it's the quality of players we have as well.
we were after him - unfortunately wenger wanted him as a DM rather than a CB and he wasn't interested.

luckily we had diaby to step in.

Özim
04-03-2013, 03:34 PM
This guy might be the answer to our troubles, he was once before and now we're looking for defenders might be worth a punt:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2287850/Francis-Jeffers-appears-court-brandishing-broomstick-outside-father-laws-flat.html

Marc Overmars
04-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Jeffers. :lol:

The first sign Wenget lived within.

Özim
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Whatever happened to the search for a "fox in the box" anyway, it's not been mentioned for many years.

LDG
04-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Whatever happened to the search for a "fox in the box" anyway, it's not been mentioned for many years.

Too busy trying to find the ultimate "twat at the back" I think.

Kano
04-03-2013, 04:16 PM
which should be every self respecting mans mission in life.

GP
04-03-2013, 04:16 PM

Bitch on the pitch.

We have 11

Cripps_orig
04-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Jeffers :lol:

The sad thing is he would walk in to this Arsenal 11

LDG
04-03-2013, 04:18 PM
which should be every self respecting mans mission in life.

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 04:21 PM

We settled for a chicken instead.

hobson's choice
04-03-2013, 04:33 PM

This has been almost every game this season, even in games we win.

The midfield is almost there(needs to replace Arteta, Diaby, Ramsey) for most part. But our strike core , and defenders are poo.

We got away with suspect defending in past seasons, because we had a midfield that could dominate any team not name Barca, and we had people who score. Don't have that anymore.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-03-2013, 04:47 PM

:haha:

Cripps_orig
04-03-2013, 05:14 PM
FOOTBALL
Police confirm they have launched an investigation after an Arsenal supporter threw a banana at Gareth Bale during Sunday's north London derby at White Hart Lane.

A Met Police spokesperson said: "Police are investigating after a banana was thrown on to the pitch from the away section of supporters during the Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal match at White Hart Lane on Sunday, March 3. There have been no arrests. Enquiries continue to try to identify the suspect."

Arsenal have vowed to ban the culprit for life.

He's probably hoping he is caught so he's banned. Lucky ****

Özil's Panoramic View
04-03-2013, 05:22 PM

Wonder what the charges will be?

Cripps_orig
04-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Wonder what the charged will be?

No feeding the animals in the zoo charge

Gooner23
04-03-2013, 05:27 PM

What about the "**** up front", plenty of those to chose from as well.

Letters
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Wonder what the charged will be?

ape-sault and battery?
mon(k)ey laundering?
hitting a **** with a banana?

Marc Overmars
04-03-2013, 05:30 PM
What about the "**** up front", plenty of those to chose from as well.

Or the wanker in the centre.

Letters
04-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Or the wanker in the centre.

It's got to rhyme :angry:

#wonkeydonkey

Marc Overmars
04-03-2013, 05:33 PM
The last syllable does tbf.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 05:35 PM

Looney bin. This is distracting the police from their primary roles, which are revenue generation for the government and victimising victims. Assault with a deadly banana, what will they think of next? Something insane like arresting white collar criminals or senior paedophiles (just kidding).

BOBN
04-03-2013, 06:11 PM
You're defeating your own argument. When quality declines across the entire team as you have said (agreed) you look for other things to compensate. Players who can at least pass a ball, put a cross in, are prepared to run for 90 minutes, players who give a fuck. That's why he's liked. Nobody is pretending he's a throwback to the great Milan defenders. But he's got the balls so many of our other players lack so he gets a pass on whatever defensive mistakes he makes because, after all, nobody in our team can defend so why single him out? At least he gives us something a lazy, self absorbed **** like Walcott can't or won't offer. Jenks is not a thief, turning up to put the minimum in and pocket the cash. Admire him for that at least because we have precious little else to admire at the moment.
I dont see jenkinson as a particularly hard worker.

"Effort" is just the phantom stick football fans use to prop up the players they like and beat the players they dont, and as its quite hard to measure they get away with it. Its actually cowardly, just say you have a crush on jenkinson for whatever reason and that you dont like walcott. There is zero evidence to suggest jenkinson outworks others but I am confident no other premiership side would touch he as he is technically inept.

Notice how even when he is shyt, wilshere is "the only one trying". Did he work any harder than monreal or arteta yesterday or any other day? People see what they wanna see.

GP
04-03-2013, 06:17 PM
blancmange/10

Grebbo
04-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I think the only surprising thing for me yesterday was Wilshere playing so poorly. Everything else went as expected.

BOBN
04-03-2013, 06:29 PM

Outplay is what fabregas did at 18 in the bernabau and 19 at old trafford.

Completing like 12 passes and not looking out of place is not outplaying. How can an attacking midfielder whos scored one league goal this season be carrying something? Lol

Marc Overmars
04-03-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm not one for BONBONs left field theories but Cesc was streets ahead of Wheelchair at the same age. There's no doubting Jack will be great but unfortunately for him he's been placed on pedestal because both Arsenal and England need a saviour.

It's vital we buy a quality midfielder to ease the burden. Ramzi and Diaby are not the answer and Arteta is not going to get any better.

Özil's Panoramic View
04-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Jack's quality without a doubt. Just holds on to the ball a bit too long - needs to start finding those incisive passes more often instead of trying to go it alone or making that extra dribble.

Some more attempts at goal from in and around the 18 yard box would probably help his dismal goalscoring stats too.

Lord Nelson
04-03-2013, 07:46 PM

He will be charged in a Technical Law Term called "throwing a banana at a monkey faced Cu#t"

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 07:58 PM
I dont see jenkinson as a particularly hard worker.

"Effort" is just the phantom stick football fans use to prop up the players they like and beat the players they dont, and as its quite hard to measure they get away with it. Its actually cowardly, just say you have a crush on jenkinson for whatever reason and that you dont like walcott. There is zero evidence to suggest jenkinson outworks others but I am confident no other premiership side would touch he as he is technically inept.

Notice how even when he is shyt, wilshere is "the only one trying". Did he work any harder than monreal or arteta yesterday or any other day? People see what they wanna see.

It's also people actually see what's happening on the pitch. You seem to be comparing Jenkinson to some vision of what you (and all of us no doubt) would like to see at the club. Fair enough, if we were up there competing at the top it would imply we had better players than Jenkinson in the team. Trouble is we aren't up there competing, we're floundering. Yes, maybe because we have players like Jenkinson in the team as opposed to a Lauren or Cole. But when you compare him to what we actually have he's more than good enough to play in our shite outfit. And he seems to love doing it too which is more than can be said or the ****s just here for the cash and the springboard.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Outplay is what fabregas did at 18 in the bernabau and 19 at old trafford.

Completing like 12 passes and not looking out of place is not outplaying. How can an attacking midfielder whos scored one league goal this season be carrying something? Lol

Wilshere is nothing special because he's not Fabregas? What sort of an argument is that? Not being Fabregas doesn't stop him being a good player and there's little doubt he's a good player. Certainly the stand out in our team at present. Granted he's playing in the worst team we've had in decades but there'd be no shortage of top clubs lining up for his signature of he wanted away. That tell enough of the story to put the debate to bed.

Power n Glory
04-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Wilshere is nothing special because he's not Fabregas? What sort of an argument is that? Not being Fabregas doesn't stop him being a good player and there's little doubt he's a good player. Certainly the stand out in our team at present. Granted he's playing in the worst team we've had in decades but there'd be no shortage of top clubs lining up for his signature of he wanted away. That tell enough of the story to put the debate to bed.

When you hold him up in that sort of light, can't see some of the faults in his game but see it clearly in everyone else's it becomes a problem and people start creating an image of player that never was, similar what we've seen in the past. Jack has guts and passion for the team but he has some technical flaws he needs to iron out before he can lead the team. None of the current midfield players are essential to the squad because they're not gelling or keeping things ticking. It's all disjointed and forget Cesc, none of them have even come close to the sort of level Song was playing at last season and despite the assists, that wasn't even Song at his best. When playing deeper, he kept things ticking with simple passes from the back and bossed it. Arteta, Caz, Jack, Ramsey, Diaby....they just haven't been great this season and in my opinion, we'd Rosicky should be shoving one of them out of the team. We looked in terrible shape last season and until Ramsey got injured and Rosicky came in, we went on a run and started looking like a better side. We need that sort of influence from one player and if we can't get it from Rosicky then Wenger needs to search the market. Get Inler and Hamsik from Napoli or goodness knows whose out there available. But as far as I'm concerned, Jack and the rest of them are a long way from giving us that cutting edge.

cricketsi
04-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Wilshere may as well have been subbed in the second half because through his nonsensical substitutions, Wenger took him out of the game. Putting Ramsey at right back and taking Arteta off meant he had to push back away from their area, so by the end he couldn't offer us anything going forward. When he was around their area though he turned down some opportunities to shoot, which he needs to start accepting, particularly as nobody else in our team has a hope in hell of scoring from our aimless passing in front of their defensive line.

Ramsey might not have been too bad, but he still slows the play down all the time and more often than not plays a diagonally backwards ball. I thought we were screwed as soon as I saw Mertesacker in the starting 11, why Koscielny doesn't start when he's clearly our best CB (not saying much, mind) I can't figure out.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-03-2013, 09:12 PM
best one was taking jenkinson off, who was bombing forward and is probably our best crosser, and sticking ramsey there.

and we have a 6 ft 4 striker leading the attack. what's he supposed to feed off? doritos?

Injury Time
04-03-2013, 09:40 PM
best one was taking jenkinson off, who was bombing forward and is probably our best crosser, and sticking ramsey there.

and we have a 6 ft 4 striker leading the attack. what's he supposed to feed off? doritos?
Nachos

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-03-2013, 09:43 PM
:lol: monreal

awful doritos.

Power n Glory
04-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Wilshere may as well have been subbed in the second half because through his nonsensical substitutions, Wenger took him out of the game. Putting Ramsey at right back and taking Arteta off meant he had to push back away from their area, so by the end he couldn't offer us anything going forward. When he was around their area though he turned down some opportunities to shoot, which he needs to start accepting, particularly as nobody else in our team has a hope in hell of scoring from our aimless passing in front of their defensive line.

Ramsey might not have been too bad, but he still slows the play down all the time and more often than not plays a diagonally backwards ball. I thought we were screwed as soon as I saw Mertesacker in the starting 11, why Koscielny doesn't start when he's clearly our best CB (not saying much, mind) I can't figure out.

You need to start thinking about Vermaelen in that way. We would have lost 3-0 if Merts wasn't on the pitch. He gets singled out far too often when he's been our best CB by a mile. Verm is the one that should have people in panic when the teamsheet is announced. Shocking again yesterday and played his part in both goals. Clueless defender.

BOBN
05-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Was it wenger who described him as technically perfect? Well id accept that in theory, technically he has few superiors. Fabregas wasnt superior in pure technique.

But people confuse impressive close control for alot of things. The ability to paint pictures, create, make play. At 18 it was clear fabregas would be a dictator of play and the sort youd build your team around. wilsheres nice but he will be the clog in the system of a good team, a bridesmaid.

So when I hear people saying hes carrying this and that, hes a saviour, we should build our team around him, "hes the best midfielder in arsenals history" [some muppet on the times podcast, and only when questioned by marcotti did he reduce it too "ok, best of his type"], fans jumping on hamanns backfor suggesting hes not world class (yet). When I see all that I see the wheels in motion to destroy this boy. If you loved him you should be doing everything in your power to dampen expectation because if not in august of next year, when he hasnt playmaked the world to death and england return in disgrace, we could be receiving the latest most popular scapegoat. and a shellshocked player.

LDG
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Was it wenger who described him as technically perfect? Well id accept that in theory, technically he has few superiors. Fabregas wasnt superior in pure technique.

But people confuse impressive close control for alot of things. The ability to paint pictures, create, make play. At 18 it was clear fabregas would be a dictator of play and the sort youd build your team around. wilsheres nice but he will be the clog in the system of a good team, a bridesmaid.

So when I hear people saying hes carrying this and that, hes a saviour, we should build our team around him, "hes the best midfielder in arsenals history" [some muppet on the times podcast, and only when questioned by marcotti did he reduce it too "ok, best of his type"], fans jumping on hamanns backfor suggesting hes not world class (yet). When I see all that I see the wheels in motion to destroy this boy. If you loved him you should be doing everything in your power to dampen expectation because if not in august of next year, when he hasnt playmaked the world to death and england return in disgrace, we could be receiving the latest most popular scapegoat. and a shellshocked player.

He just needs to be left alone to play his own game. But the pressure is on him, because he clearly has talent, and Wenger hasn't supplememented the rest of the team with real quality, so the burden is on Jack.

Unfairly so, as he still has a lot to learn. You know, being 21 and having had a year out with injury.

LDG
05-03-2013, 11:34 AM

Jenkinson was injured, by his own admission.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote? link?

selassie
05-03-2013, 01:46 PM

He has been let out on "Bale"

Boom Boom

The Emirates Gallactico
05-03-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm not one for BONBONs left field theories but Cesc was streets ahead of Wheelchair at the same age. There's no doubting Jack will be great but unfortunately for him he's been placed on pedestal because both Arsenal and England need a saviour.

It's vital we buy a quality midfielder to ease the burden. Ramzi and Diaby are not the answer and Arteta is not going to get any better.

True, Cesc was better at his age but in fairness to Jack he's lost a year and half due to injury which as we've seen with the likes of Ramsey and Eduardo, can kill people's careers. Cesc also had the advantage of being introduced to the team with better players like Henry, Rosicky, Hleb, Van Persie etc etc, Jack's has to play with our current shower of shite. There's also the fact the fact that Cesc is one of the best fucking players on the planet; there's no shame being second best to him.

I'm not sure building a team around Jack is the wisest of ideas - I personally think building a team around one player it's never a good idea but unless the club take a completely different approach with regards to their transfer and wage structure policy I think it's probably our best choice at the moment.

I do agree that he needs help though, he's been given too much responsibility and hype at young age, partly the fault of the media and also partially our fault. In these grim times we can't help but become attached to someone who seems like a potential saviour.

Power n Glory
05-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Just watching Monday Night Football analysis from Neville. Really good stuff from him on the way we play the high backline. Vermaelen is a nightmare defender to play with. No communication, action jittery movement.....he has no control of the backline or any idea of whose covering for him. He plays for himself.

Özil's Panoramic View
05-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Just watching Monday Night Football analysis from Neville. Really good stuff from him on the way we play the high backline. Vermaelen is a nightmare defender to play with. No communication, action jittery movement.....he has no control of the backline or any idea of whose covering for him. He plays for himself.

Link please?

Power n Glory
05-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Link please?

It was on Sky Sports last night before the City game. Looks like the video have been removed from 101 Goals as well.

Xhaka Can’t
05-03-2013, 07:51 PM

Some of his insight is good, but they shouldn't let him co-commentate until he removes his retainer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ela--Pncwjw

Japan Shaking All Over
06-03-2013, 12:57 AM

With the parade of CBs we are now being linked with (who, of course we wont get but lets live in cloud cuckoo land for just a moment), who do you think we are looking to replace? Could it be Verm? The whole band need to be dealt with but that wont happen in one fail swoop. . .I said before that it was a mistake making Verms captain, it would mean a guaranteed start when fir and his form last year, let alone this deserved such a privilege!

Power n Glory
06-03-2013, 09:44 AM
With the parade of CBs we are now being linked with (who, of course we wont get but lets live in cloud cuckoo land for just a moment), who do you think we are looking to replace? Could it be Verm? The whole band need to be dealt with but that wont happen in one fail swoop. . .I said before that it was a mistake making Verms captain, it would mean a guaranteed start when fir and his form last year, let alone this deserved such a privilege!

I wasn't overjoyed with his appointment as captain either because his form was so bad and it makes him an automatic starter and I would say Merts and Kos have a better partnership. As captain he's poor and doesn't communicate with his backline at all so how is he expected to lead a whole team?

As for replacements, Verms has just signed a new deal but we waste money like nobodies business, we did the same with Djourou so who knows what Wenger is thinking. But in my opinion, Wenger needs to teach good defensive principles and get Bould to drill these guys. No doubt there is a rift between the pair. I don't think Bould is allowed to work with the defence and that's the problem. Regardless of who we buy this will always be a problem because we neglect coaching in this area.

Power n Glory
06-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Link please?

Ohh, there might be a link to the video on Arseblog.

http://arseblog.com/2013/03/on-defending-attacking-and-the-real-reason-were-struggling/

See if it works.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Ohh, there might be a link to the video on Arseblog.

http://arseblog.com/2013/03/on-defending-attacking-and-the-real-reason-were-struggling/

See if it works.

No link there. Just a seemingly unending epistle from arseblogger. Would probably take me a day or two to complete reading.

Much thanks none-the-less.

Kano
06-03-2013, 11:07 AM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/gary-neville-dissects-tottenham-2-arsenal-1-with-yet-more-brilliant-analysis/

21_GOONER_SALUTE
07-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Wow, though I've enjoyed being invisible for a while, this Wheelchair bashing needs to be put in the right perspective, especially when you lot bring up the inevitable Cesc comparisons.

For those currently too traumatised to remember, Cesc played his first 150 games in Arsenal with the likes of all/one of Henry. Vieira, Edu, Gilberto, Freddie, Sol being on the lineup 95% of the time. He learnt at the best period ever to learn at Arsenal (for an attacking player anyway), when we as fans were still caught up in our shinny new stadium, Henry's awesomeness and our histroy making Invincibles. There was NO PRESSURE. In fact his only real competitor for playing time for the experience he needed was Denilson, FACTS.

He NEVER CARRIED OUR TEAM till he'd played a 100+ uninterrupted games (no long term injury or loan periods) and that was the 2007 season when Henry waned and got injured. A simple look at Wiki will confirm this in his stats. 13 goals in a 150 games. Then Henry leaves and the rest is history.

Please before you lot crucify the best natural thing to happen to Arsenal in a generation, take a f**kin breather and you'll see you are just venting misplaced Wanger ;)

Power n Glory
08-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Wow, though I've enjoyed being invisible for a while, this Wheelchair bashing needs to be put in the right perspective, especially when you lot bring up the inevitable Cesc comparisons.

For those currently too traumatised to remember, Cesc played his first 150 games in Arsenal with the likes of all/one of Henry. Vieira, Edu, Gilberto, Freddie, Sol being on the lineup 95% of the time. He learnt at the best period ever to learn at Arsenal (for an attacking player anyway), when we as fans were still caught up in our shinny new stadium, Henry's awesomeness and our histroy making Invincibles. There was NO PRESSURE. In fact his only real competitor for playing time for the experience he needed was Denilson, FACTS.

He NEVER CARRIED OUR TEAM till he'd played a 100+ uninterrupted games (no long term injury or loan periods) and that was the 2007 season when Henry waned and got injured. A simple look at Wiki will confirm this in his stats. 13 goals in a 150 games. Then Henry leaves and the rest is history.

Please before you lot crucify the best natural thing to happen to Arsenal in a generation, take a f**kin breather and you'll see you are just venting misplaced Wanger ;)

Cesc and Jack are just different types of players. Cesc had some fantastic players around him but I’d say he learned a great deal at Barca on how to control a midfield with his passing. He just has better vision, positioning and passing skills. He’ll look for pockets of space in the midfield call for the ball and he already knows whose making run, whose open to receive the pass before he’s even touched the ball. He just thinks quicker and sees the more earlier. Plus he’s able to execute the perfect pass when he sees it. Jack just isn’t that sort of player. He’s not a deep laying midfielder and more of an attacking midfield player with his dribbling skills. He just needs to learn how to shoot.

But we really miss a player that has the ability to keep things ticking in the middle. I have no idea why Rosicky isn’t starting more games because he’s the sort of player that can do it. Arteta has been a huge disappointment because I would have thought he’d be the type I’m talking about. Before Cesc started adding goals to his game he was the young Xabi Alonso/Xavi/Pirlo. That’s what we really need at the moment. That anchor to keep the passes fluid and quick. We suffered the same problems last year and Rosicky made a huge difference later in the season. A huge reason why we were able to get the CL spot last year.

fakeyank
08-03-2013, 04:55 PM

Kroenke? :unsure:

fakeyank
08-03-2013, 04:56 PM
No link there. Just a seemingly unending epistle from arseblogger. Would probably take me a day or two to complete reading.

Much thanks none-the-less.

:gp:

I used to read his blogs religiously as well.. what a shame he has turned out to be a puppet of the board and Wenger!

IBK
08-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Cesc and Jack are just different types of players. Cesc had some fantastic players around him but I’d say he learned a great deal at Barca on how to control a midfield with his passing. He just has better vision, positioning and passing skills. He’ll look for pockets of space in the midfield call for the ball and he already knows whose making run, whose open to receive the pass before he’s even touched the ball. He just thinks quicker and sees the more earlier. Plus he’s able to execute the perfect pass when he sees it. Jack just isn’t that sort of player. He’s not a deep laying midfielder and more of an attacking midfield player with his dribbling skills. He just needs to learn how to shoot.

But we really miss a player that has the ability to keep things ticking in the middle. I have no idea why Rosicky isn’t starting more games because he’s the sort of player that can do it. Arteta has been a huge disappointment because I would have thought he’d be the type I’m talking about. Before Cesc started adding goals to his game he was the young Xabi Alonso/Xavi/Pirlo. That’s what we really need at the moment. That anchor to keep the passes fluid and quick. We suffered the same problems last year and Rosicky made a huge difference later in the season. A huge reason why we were able to get the CL spot last year.

My concern for jack is who is left for him to learn from. he has prodigious talent, yes, but Wenger has shown that his coaching methods are as likely to send a player backwards as improve them, and I just don;t see anyone in our squad who can teach Jack what doesn't come naturally.

fakeyank
08-03-2013, 08:39 PM
My concern for jack is who is left for him to learn from. he has prodigious talent, yes, but Wenger has shown that his coaching methods are as likely to send a player backwards as improve them, and I just don;t see anyone in our squad who can teach Jack what doesn't come naturally.

Wilshere is a naturally direct player.. I can see Vinegar coaching that out of him. He has made direct players into tippy tappy champs, so we know he will be learning new stuff. Is it good stuff though? :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-03-2013, 11:43 PM
i have just watched gary neville's analysis on mnf

our defence is a fucking disgrace.

kamikaze defending at all times. absolutely no organisation, shape or understanding between any of them. monreal, who was supposed to be a quality player in spain before he came to us, has gone to utter shit within 3 games. it really comes as no surprise why most our players regress, its because they fall victim of the disease that engulfs out squad. when we dont address the issues the players that come in fall victim of the issues. a sweeping disease throughout the squad.

and the most laughable thing about this is that some people will still sit there and say a new manager wont improve us :lol:

get a grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rKm85q3t6bQ

Cripps_orig
09-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Just watched all of that.

Neville I think we will all agree was an utter **** as player but as a pundit, he along with Shearer, Hansen and Keane are the best around.

Couple of things

Monreal is horrifically shit

And as I said through out the match thread, Theo made the runs but f all he can do if shitesters such as Cazorla and Jack can't find a simple pass which Parker who was once again awesome did for Lennons goal. Wenger for not going for him :doh:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-03-2013, 12:37 AM
yep

the more i watch the highlights the more i see we miss a cesc. someone to play that killer ball and stretch the opposition in the final third. our number one priority should be to get him back.

giroud and walcott are making the runs but noone is finding them. feeding off scraps, no wonder they looked like shit.

Cripps_orig
09-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Hate to admit it but if we had a Cesc who had his head screwed on right then we'd be much better off. Jack and Cazorla aren't in the same level. Jack might get there. He's still young but Cazorla is 27? Unfortunately Cesc turned into one of the biggest ****s ever. Good riddance. We do need a player like him though. Sneijder would have been awesome

Özil's Panoramic View
09-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Seems a massive piece of his heart is still here; a must get back asap:

"@GoonerTalk: 'Cesc loves to talk about Arsenal' says Barça defender Pique - http://t.co/uQMlVYOX8k"

http://t.co/uQMlVYOX8k

Come home Cesc....we were never mad at you in the 1st place so no forgiveness is necessary.

PS foad Pique, you utter turdbag.

Cripps_orig
09-03-2013, 12:54 AM
Fuck him. He's a ****

Özil's Panoramic View
09-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Fuck him being a ****. Hard to come up with a name in the modern game that has his vision and incisive passes. Plus he scores his fair bit.

Come home Cesc.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Oh please. We've seen it over and over, even when the ball is dished up to Walcott or Giroud on a silver platter they fuck it up. Shite, the pair of them. Jack and Santi certainly had off days which didn't help but let's not single out the couple of players who have a bit of talent to apologise for the dickheads we have up top.

As for the defenders, Mertesacker is total, utter shit, he really is. Wherever he played before he came to us he must have had great support around him. The really frightening thing is Vermaelen is worse and as a captain he stinks. I defy any player to come into the team and try to get to grips with our suicidal defending. Maybe Moreal is shite, maybe he's not. But anyone is going to look shite in that back five. Who's our best defender, Gibbs? He's not even that good is he? It's a disaster zone back there.

It's weird because our defensive record is far from being the worst in the league. But it's the individual mistakes that kill us. Whether this is because the players are fundamentally no good or they are stretched to the limit and always bound to break due to terrible tactics is hard to pin down. Probably a mix of both. It's not just a new manager required, we need better players too.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Fuck him being a ****. Hard to come up with a name in the modern game that has his vision and incisive passes. Plus he scores his fair bit.

Come home Cesc.

Seriously? The ****s cashed in on him big time (for them), not so big for the club in general. But still, I can hardly see them getting the chequebook out to bite back into their profits. Cesc is done and dusted, mission accomplished and money in the bank.

Marc Overmars
09-03-2013, 10:13 AM
I would have Cesc back in a heartbeat. We shouldn't underestimate how hard it is to find technically sound players who also excel at being GHEL. He'd walk back into this team and become one of the best players in the league again.

A part of me hopes that one day he'll grow tired of playing 2nd fiddle at Barca (which is no great shame), but he's in his comfort zone now so I don't see him leaving that anytime soon.

Power n Glory
09-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Oh please. We've seen it over and over, even when the ball is dished up to Walcott or Giroud on a silver platter they fuck it up. Shite, the pair of them. Jack and Santi certainly had off days which didn't help but let's not single out the couple of players who have a bit of talent to apologise for the dickheads we have up top.

As for the defenders, Mertesacker is total, utter shit, he really is. Wherever he played before he came to us he must have had great support around him. The really frightening thing is Vermaelen is worse and as a captain he stinks. I defy any player to come into the team and try to get to grips with our suicidal defending. Maybe Moreal is shite, maybe he's not. But anyone is going to look shite in that back five. Who's our best defender, Gibbs? He's not even that good is he? It's a disaster zone back there.

It's weird because our defensive record is far from being the worst in the league. But it's the individual mistakes that kill us. Whether this is because the players are fundamentally no good or they are stretched to the limit and always bound to break due to terrible tactics is hard to pin down. Probably a mix of both. It's not just a new manager required, we need better players too.

Theo and Giroud were on a good scoring run despite the odd occasions where they screw up good chances but if we're going to blast the strikers for not putting the ball away we can't excuse the midfield for not threading them through when it's a major part of their job. They should really be carving out more chances than what they are. There is a lot of hesitation to release the ball in the final third and it's costing us.

As for Merts, he gets such a raw deal on here. He's not a bad defender at all and not utter shit. With a better partnership and more organisation he'd be better. He's usually aware of what's going around him and smart with his tackles but his pace is the one thing that let's him down. But all you have to do is look at Kos and Verm to see that defenders with pace won't help much if nobody in that backline is organised and drilled. We've had a variety of CB's play in this team and if and if they were to play anywhere they wouldn't be made to look half as bad.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Theo and Giroud were on a good scoring run despite the odd occasions where they screw up good chances but if we're going to blast the strikers for not putting the ball away we can't excuse the midfield for not threading them through when it's a major part of their job. They should really be carving out more chances than what they are. There is a lot of hesitation to release the ball in the final third and it's costing us.

As for Merts, he gets such a raw deal on here. He's not a bad defender at all and not utter shit. With a better partnership and more organisation he'd be better. He's usually aware of what's going around him and smart with his tackles but his pace is the one thing that let's him down. But all you have to do is look at Kos and Verm to see that defenders with pace won't help much if nobody in that backline is organised and drilled. We've had a variety of CB's play in this team and if and if they were to play anywhere they wouldn't be made to look half as bad.

Whatever the truth of it all I'm sick of it. As far as I'm concerned we don't have a football team any more. We talk about the same things all the time but no fucker at the club is listening. It's pointless. I'm gong to start watching crown green bowling instead. At least the grannies are competitive and have a bit of ambition.

Power n Glory
10-03-2013, 12:15 AM
We're all sick of it.

The Emirates Gallactico
10-03-2013, 02:29 PM

kamikaze defending at all times. absolutely no organisation, shape or understanding between any of them. monreal, who was supposed to be a quality player in spain before he came to us, has gone to utter shit within 3 games. it really comes as no surprise why most our players regress, its because they fall victim of the disease that engulfs out squad. when we dont address the issues the players that come in fall victim of the issues. a sweeping disease throughout the squad.

and the most laughable thing about this is that some people will still sit there and say a new manager wont improve us :lol:

get a grip.

First time I've seen this and I am just astounded by how accurate Neville is. Nails it completely. A complete fucking shambles as it has been for a long time now.

Ach is right, he was a complete dickhead on the pitch but as a pundit he's the best around along with Dixon.

With social media these days I wouldn't be surprised if some of our coaches and players have viewed it by now. The problem is that Wenger seems too petty, stubborn and just proud to even admit that this is a problem let alone, god forbid bring in outside help to try and fix it. Unless there is a change at the managerial position I doubt we'll ever see this fixed.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-03-2013, 02:44 PM
noone can sit there and say we train the defence because as neville says, you simply do not perform like that if you are training and addressing the issues during the week. that leads to the next question, how can a new manager not improve us? unless a new guy is also as stubborn as wenger, and lets face it, that is extremely unlikely, then bringing someone else in will instantly improve us. noone apart from wenger would fail to address the issues because they'd have some common sense. which leads to the third question, does wenger have common sense? why is he acting like this? for someone supposedly so intelligent he sure knows how to make himself look like thicko.

The Emirates Gallactico
10-03-2013, 02:54 PM
noone can sit there and say we train the defence because as neville says, you simply do not perform like that if you are training and addressing the issues during the week. that leads to the next question, how can a new manager not improve us? unless a new guy is also as stubborn as wenger, and lets face it, that is extremely unlikely, then bringing someone else in will instantly improve us. noone apart from wenger would fail to address the issues because they'd have some common sense. which leads to the third question, does wenger have common sense? why is he acting like this? for someone supposedly so intelligent he sure knows how to make himself look like thicko.

As I mentioned it's a combination of arrogance, pride and stubbornness based on his rigid dogma of how football should be played.

BOBN
11-03-2013, 09:32 AM

get a grip.

Wish neville did this 3 years ago in his "magnificent debut season", wouldnt have had to listen to people bleating on about the biggest defensive fraud in premiership history in vermalean. Hes always been shyt, but now people wanna act like it just happened. Funny guys.

and this vid sums up why all this talk of wilshere carrying the team is so ridiculous. You only had to look at his stats to know this, but still, an attacking midfielder who consistently fails to play the killer ball is not a proper player. Midfielders have always got a pass at every level of the game so thats nothing new. they never get the blame for anything.

AKBapologist
11-03-2013, 09:36 AM
No comments on how Liverpool conceded the same number of goals and yet managed to beat spurs?

Kano
11-03-2013, 09:43 AM
No why would they?

AKBapologist
11-03-2013, 09:50 AM
No why would they?

So many comments about our shambolic defence, but I'm starting to forget when we last scored more than a goal in a game.

Kano
11-03-2013, 09:54 AM
100% record recently.

6 in 6...

Marc Overmars
11-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Liverpool have pretty much made up the goal difference on us as well. Tough battle ahead for the 5th place trophy.

Power n Glory
11-03-2013, 10:04 AM
So many comments about our shambolic defence, but I'm starting to forget when we last scored more than a goal in a game.

Crap midfield, crap strikers, crap defence....crap team! :lol:

Crap all over the pitch.

Kano
11-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Liverpool have pretty much made up the goal difference on us as well. Tough battle ahead for the 5th place trophy.

if liverpool finish above us i will actually hang myself.

LDG
11-03-2013, 10:07 AM

Game before last.

2-1 v Aston Vanilla

Letters
11-03-2013, 10:18 AM
No comments on how Liverpool conceded the same number of goals and yet managed to beat spurs?
What's that got to do with anything? So we should be able to score 3 goals every game 'cos our defence is so badly organised? :sarcy:

Letters
11-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Game before last.

2-1 v Aston Vanilla
:lol:

We've scored plenty of goals this season, we just concede too many. And too many silly goals.

AKBapologist
11-03-2013, 10:31 AM
What's that got to do with anything? So we should be able to score 3 goals every game 'cos our defence is so badly organised? :sarcy:

If we can't defend, we certainly should score more than we do.

Letters
11-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Or, and this might be crazy talk but bear with me, we could coach the defence better.

Kano
11-03-2013, 10:39 AM
i think there is an area of concern about our scoring prowess.

you can look at our defence record on the surface and say 'we have one of the best in the league' yet we know that is bollocks. the same goes for scoring.

scratch under surface and you'll see that we've only scored more than once on ten occassions this season - not good enough.

especially when compared with:

utd 22
city 17
tottenham 17
chelsea 16
liverpool 14

AKBapologist
11-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Since December, we've scored more than once only in 4 times in 14 occasions. We're on course with playing the highest number of games without scoring in a season since Wenger's been in charge. I could forgive a team for having a shitty defense if they were ruthless in attack, but we're anything but. IMO, it's as big a problem, if not more, than defensive organisation.

LDG
11-03-2013, 10:43 AM
It's funny.

Worse players mean comical defending, scoring less, and dropping two places in the league.

WOW!

Letters
11-03-2013, 10:49 AM
i think there is an area of concern about our scoring prowess.

you can look at our defence record on the surface and say 'we have one of the best in the league' yet we know that is bollocks. the same goes for scoring.

scratch under surface and you'll see that we've only scored more than once on ten occassions this season - not good enough.

especially when compared with:

utd 22
city 17
tottenham 17
chelsea 16
liverpool 14
Wow. You're arguing with logic and backing it up with evidence. Are you new here?

:gp:

Our defence does need better poaching but we do look lightweight up front at times too.

:(

Kano
11-03-2013, 10:50 AM
sorry, i dont know what i'm doing. i'll stop that immediately.

Cripps_orig
11-03-2013, 11:16 AM
So we are shit up front, shit at the back and have a midfield that can't create for the attack or protect the defence

Thank you Arsene

Letters
11-03-2013, 11:38 AM
We are still 5th, we can't be that bad, but we're no-where near at the level we should be given our resources.

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2013, 12:35 PM
We've done the Wenger knows, Wenger out, great player, shit player, things and everything else. Somebody tot up the points and award a winner. Isn't it time we started thinking of ways the energy invested in this site from just a handful of people could be directed beyond this talking shop? It wouldn't be so difficult. Perhaps we set up a website, SortTheDefenceOutYouTwat.com and we each take a break from here and create an article for that site. Then we grab a Twitter account and each time one of the losers posts we direct his attention to our new site. I don't know, whatever it is we should reserve 10% of the energy to do something worthwhile. SpendSomeFuckingMoney.com, StopRapingOurTeamAndPissOff.com, BootItAwayVermalenYou****.com, StartEarningTheCashTheo.com, WhyAreYouPlayingRamseyAgain.com...