PDA

View Full Version : 10 Games To Go....

Özil's Panoramic View
05-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Ok. So we failed to smash the scum who were clearly totally beatable and dogshitte Sunday. This has pushed us 5 points below the chavs in 4th and more importantly, 7 points adrift of the scum lying in 3rd. So the question is, can we realistically look forward to holding down a CL spot? I use the term realistically considering the current lot we have.

With 10 games remaining, mathematically, securing 3rd/4th is still very much a possibility. However, I think the chavs will go on and secure 3rd this season, so I won't spend too much time looking at the prospects of finishing ahead of them.

That leaves us with the scum. They are not so good - average at best - and will definitely do their bit to bottle it. Barring two dire defensive moments in Sunday's NLD, where we gifted them goals even a neanderthal could score (and man, did he score), we were always looking the better team. For a team touted to be on the up and up, they were absolute dogshitte. Ffs, we looked like the home team, controlling the middle of the park and tempo of the game. And their inbred fans were uber silent until our world famous defence stuck to the script, thereby bringing those vile and odious bastards to life.

Based on the foregoing, I'd say the 4th place trophy is still up for grabs. Sort it out boys. :scarf:

Marc Overmars
05-03-2013, 01:01 PM
It's not over but I don't expect us to do it anymore. Chelsea have a stronger squad and are still capable of getting results despite Rafa, while Sperz are riding a huge wave of confidence right now.

It doesn't matter what they do though, if we keep stinking the joint out we have no chance anyway.

Kano
05-03-2013, 01:02 PM
we can dig out tottenham all we want but the facts are they will perform better across this season. tottenham are great counter attackers and proved that on sunday, getting in more shots from doing that whilst we bitched around with the ball again.

top four was gone the moment rvp bolted out the door and we do not have enough consistency to get together the run of wins that we need. if that was the case, we would've built on our previous three and beaten spurs on sunday.

nothing will change until wenger leaves and regardless of a summer 'clearout' the best we'll achieve again next season is top four.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-03-2013, 01:06 PM
If you're still in with a shout of 4th, then we're still in with a shout of 5th.

Not that it will happen...

selassie
05-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I think we have blown any small chance we had of top 4. It has already been stated but we lack consistency and to be brutally honest I cannot see this team going on a solid run.

Both Chelsea and to a lesser degree Spurs are also inconsistent but they both have more balanced teams IMHO.

What worries me more than anything is us getting back into the top 4.

Nayan
05-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I think spurs, chelsea, arsenal will finish 3rd, 4tf, 5th. However you cant tell yet in what order.
Arsenal arent playing as badly as the press would ahve you think. Spurs always tire and chelsea are a mess.

Everton are alreadyu creaeking and ahve now lost key players and Livverpool remain clod in clown shoes.

Power n Glory
05-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Just not fussed anymore. 4th, 5th whatever. It won't make a blind bit of difference to how I feel about this club and current crop of shite! They say we need Champs League to attract players but it's not as if we've bought players that are worthy of the competition. We'll be in the bargin bin as usual come summer trying to spend the bare minimum.

Marc Overmars
05-03-2013, 01:56 PM
It would be interesting to see what they'd charge for Europa League games.

Özim
05-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Spurs didn't play that well on Sunday but they still beat us which isn't a good sign considering they can play a hell of a lot better. They do have a tough run in but I think we lack the quality in the squad, I thought it when I saw the teamsheet on Sunday and thought the same after the match, we work hard and played pretty decently whereas they were not great and they still beat us, it should be the other way round.

Bale is their RVP as well, scores goals from all over the place and drives them forward, you may not rate him but he's top class and is the big difference between us and them.

I look at the games we have and sure they don't look that tough, but I can just see this team slippling up, we're just not that good, we've witnessed it all season with poor displays and results, we're lucky we still had a shout until Sunday to be honest because we're really nothing special at all.

Özim
05-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Prtobably double, do not forget it's a new competition for us and we let market forces dictate ticket prices

Özil's Panoramic View
05-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Just not fussed anymore. 4th, 5th whatever. It won't make a blind bit of difference to how I feel about this club and current crop of shite! They say we need Champs League to attract players but it's not as if we've bought players that are worthy of the competition. We'll be in the bargin bin as usual come summer trying to spend the bare minimum.

Some how, that bare minimum has turned out to be a considerable amount of money. Wenger has splurged a bit, but it gets masked by him spreading huge amounts of cash thinly about on a coterie of useless oafs unworthy of wearing our shirt.

We are now feeling the effects of this cock-up, but unfortunately, he'll still be here come summer repeating the same mistakes whilst spouting his usual spiel to justify his deluded philosophy.

Inspite of all this, finishing less than 4th, which also means finishing lower than the scum, is too disturbing a thought - even though it's seeming more and more a reality these days, one which us fans can do fuck all about.

I acknowledge that it's a bit foolhardy to put any semblance of hope/faith in the shower of shitte that currently adorns our shirt, and missing 4th will probably hasten Lord Goon's exit, but I can't help wanting us to do well every game and also being a part of the biggest cup competition in the club footie, though we haven't been a force in it and one could justifiably argue we're only there for the financial rewards and to make up the numbers.

Xhaka Can’t
05-03-2013, 02:43 PM
To finish 4th we probably need a minimum of 24 points from our last ten games.

It is not impossible, but it is unlikely. We are on course for 17 points if you go by our average points per game.

I've pretty much resigned myself to finishing below Spuds. So perhaps a spell out of the CL will focus minds more sharply.

I can only hope.

LDG
05-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Swansea (A) Draw
Reading (H) Win
WBA (A) Draw
Norwich (H) Win
Everton (H) Draw
Fulham (A) Draw
Utd (H) Loss
QPR (A) Win
Wigan (H) Win
Newcastle (A) Draw

17 points.

GB :bow:

No chance of 4th.

Letters
05-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Agree with this. In terms of whether we can finish top 4:

Spurs next 6 games:

Livepool (A)
Fulham (H)
Swansea (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Man City (H)

Our next 6 games:

Swansea (A)
Reading (H)
West Brom (A)
Norwich (H)
Everton (H)
Fulham (A)

I would expect Spurs to drop more points in that run than us. After that we have Utd at home who will, by then, have all but wrapped up the title and hopefully be in Cup mode.

I don't trust us to put much of a run together but IMO it might be quite close.

LDG
05-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Close as a lingerie shop without a front window.

Kano
05-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Swansea (A) Draw
Reading (H) Win
WBA (A) Draw
Norwich (H) Win
Everton (H) Draw
Fulham (A) Draw
Utd (H) Loss
QPR (A) Win
Wigan (H) Win
Newcastle (A) Draw

17 points.

No chance of 4th.
now that is fucking optimistic!

The Emirates Gallactico
05-03-2013, 03:38 PM
I think it's too far gone, though mind you I thought that in the past when things have looked bad and we've managed to somehow do it so you never know. We need Spurs to lose at least three times, which is possible but this assumes we win all our games which seems impossible.

Things just seem to be falling in the right place for Spurs at the critical time, the last minute winner against West Ham, Bale just getting in form at the perfect time and no external distractions to deal with unlike last year.

Unless Bale and a couple of other important players pick up a long term injury and Villa Boas suddenly gets exposed as the next Lord Rennard forcing his resignation I really don't think we have a chance now. Seven points right now seems too much to claw back.

It seems our only hope now is to win the CL, starting of with a miraculous win against Bayern. Anyone got that phone number to god?

Power n Glory
05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Close as a lingerie shop without a front window.

I don't get it! :lol:

Özil's Panoramic View
05-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Swansea (A) Draw
Reading (H) Win
WBA (A) Draw
Norwich (H) Win
Everton (H) Draw
Fulham (A) Draw
Utd (H) Loss
QPR (A) Win
Wigan (H) Win
Newcastle (A) Draw

17 points.

No chance of 4th.

Fair expectations - hope we will convert one or two of those likely draws into wins.

1 loss in 10 is a bit optimistic though.

The Emirates Gallactico
05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Fair expectations - hope we will convert one or two of those likely draws into wins.

1 loss in 10 is a bit optimistic though.

I'm wondering whether Man Utd would put out a weakened team out against us assuming that they've won the PL by then and have important CL games to come up. Even then I would rate our chances at 50/50.

Marc Overmars
05-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Last year we won 7 in a row, we'll need a similar run again but there isn't much room for error now with only 10 games to play. I'm sure Spurs and Chelsea will drop points but it's fairly likely we will as well. I mean, does anyone see our next fixture away to Swansea as a banker? My feeling is that it's too late in the day now, I'd be a little more optimistic if the performances were actually convincing, but considering we labor to most wins these days, dropping silly points is always a strong possibility.

LDG
05-03-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't get it! :lol:

:lol:

Was a quote from Leathal Weapon 3.

I never got it either :lol:

LDG
05-03-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm wondering whether Man Utd would put out a weakened team out against us assuming that they've won the PL by then and have important CL games to come up. Even then I would rate our chances at 50/50.

Can the unbearable happen?

RVP and Utd to be crowed champions on our patch?

:sick:

Power n Glory
05-03-2013, 04:32 PM

Was a quote from Leathal Weapon 3.

I never got it either :lol:

I know. I was quoting Riggs.

Never got my head around it either. :lol:

Letters
05-03-2013, 04:38 PM
labor.

:wwf:

Kano
05-03-2013, 04:43 PM
I know. I was quoting Riggs.

Never got my head around it either. :lol:

So what does it mean? "Nothing," says screenwriter Jeffrey Boam. "It's a complete non sequitur. The (original) line was something like 'Close doesn't count,' or 'Close only counts with horseshoes.' Dick (director Richard Donner) is a fun-loving guy," says Boam, "and this thought just popped into his head. He said, 'Let's have her say something completely off the wall.'" Boam, who ; wasn't on the set at the time, quickly faxed Donner a dozen meaningless lines that began with the words, "Close is " Then the whole cast and crew started coming up with them. But the one they used came from Russo herself. "This is like some line from a Beatles song," says Boam. "I guess people are trying to figure it out."

the internet noes stuff

Özil's Panoramic View
05-03-2013, 04:45 PM
If this is a possibility prior to the game, fans should each arm themselves with a can of gas plus a box of match and raze that arab airline named stadium to the ground the minute those filthy bastards start celebrating, killing every last bit of Manc in attendance along with our manager, all our dross, and if we're luck, the ultimate scalps of our CEO, Board members and last but certainly not least, our owner.

Power n Glory
05-03-2013, 04:54 PM
If this is a possibility prior to the game, fans should each arm themselves with a can of gas plus a box of match and raze that arab airline named stadium to the ground the minute those filthy bastards start celebrating, killing every last bit of Manc in attendance along with our manager, all our dross, and if we're luck, the ultimate scalps of our CEO, Board members and last but certainly not least, our owner.

Steady! :lol:

Power n Glory
05-03-2013, 04:55 PM
the internet noes stuff

Indeed it does. Mystery solved.

Lord Nelson
05-03-2013, 09:08 PM
To finish 4th we probably need a minimum of 24 points from our last ten games.

It is not impossible, but it is unlikely. We are on course for 17 points if you go by our average points per game.

I've pretty much resigned myself to finishing below Spuds. So perhaps a spell out of the CL will focus minds more sharply.

I can only hope.
I have to say, people who think we will finish in the top four are dreaming! To start with, Swansea away is a difficult game, especially after playing Munich a few days before! Don't forget also that we are now very ordinary! We could finish sixth behind the Scousers! Which will not be a disaster because I don't want to be in the Channel 5 Cup!

Xhaka Can’t
05-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Good, coz it aint on Channel 5 anymore.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2013, 02:06 AM
W4 D4 L2 - best we can hope for with this sack of shit. We'll finish 5th, 10 points behind the scum and narrowly ahead of Swansea.

fakeyank
06-03-2013, 02:30 AM
If we dont finish in the top 4, I hope we finish as low as possible. 5th will be shown as the new trophy by our beloved manager. 7th or 8th wont look that nice, will it?

Özil's Panoramic View
06-03-2013, 02:51 AM
If we dont finish in the top 4, I hope we finish as low as possible. 5th will be shown as the new trophy by our beloved manager. 7th or 8th wont look that nice, will it?

Plus, who GAF about or wants to watch Thursday footie?

Fuck 5th place.

Either 4th or anywhere from 6th - 16th.

Kano
06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
yeah come on arsenal, lose, LOSE!.

that's what we want!

Xhaka Can’t
06-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Plus, who GAF about or wants to watch Thursday footie?

Fuck 5th place.

Either 4th or anywhere from 6th - 16th.

Whats wrong with 17th? The new 4th place trophy!

Ralpheroo72
06-03-2013, 08:30 AM

This much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKHSAE1gIs

Xhaka Can’t
06-03-2013, 10:23 AM
This much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKHSAE1gIs

That's upper tier rates tbf.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Look at the fixture list then look at our season so far. W4 D4 L2 this is what we'll get and it will nowhere near good enough for 4th but should secure 5th. Which is why there is 200 trillion quid in the bank I suppose, so there's cash on hand for us to pay the players their ridiculous wages rather than have UEFA do it. 4th place and the season ended on Sunday. There's no way we're catching the chavs, even with Rafa in charge. So we needed to get one over on the other target and we failed (which is usual in these things). People are hoping for a late rescue surge. This team doesn't have that in them.

Özil's Panoramic View
11-03-2013, 03:53 PM
So, as I've always maintained, the scum are dogshitte - even more so this season than last with AVB being their saving bit of grace now, imo - and will do their fair bit to bottle, as witnessed yesterday. Total fuck up to give Pool the equalizer before they stupidly made a kung fu challenge in the area on a player who doesn't need an invite to hit the turf to solicit a pel.

Funnily enough, some were prepaid to analyse, over-analyse to make a diving case against Suarez who was well and truly fouled. At the same time, the double standard bastards completely ignored the theatrics of that turdbag apeboy who went down clutching his face winning the freekick for the scum's 2nd goal, when replays show the hand was nowhere close to his chimp face.

Come on Arsene, one last hurrah please, as we're getting shitter and shitter and possibly won't be in the thick of things next season. A win @ the Swans and you'll pretty much be en route to proudly lifting your mythical 4th place trophy come end of season.

Injury Time
11-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Liverpool for 5th, we'll nick 6th and the fair play cup :trophy:

Özil's Panoramic View
17-03-2013, 05:07 PM
That leaves us with the scum. They are not so good - average at best - and will definitely do their bit to bottle it.

[Bump]

"...And so it begins..."

Marc Overmars
17-03-2013, 05:32 PM
It would be pretty hilarious if they bottled it, again.

I don't think our game in hand against Everton has been scheduled yet, hopefully it's soon. We might also have another game in hand for May if Wigan beat Millwall which is fairly likely.

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2013, 05:32 PM
We still have to take advantage which means putting in a performance when there is something to play for.

Özim
17-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Looks like Spuds might bottle it again thus handing us 4th place, Villas Boas is a sh*t manager but I didn't even think he could screw up this one. It always seems to fall onto Wenger's lap doesn't it, it's like it's written in the stars that 4th place is his, has he done a deal with the devil or something, has he done a deal with the devil or something?

Özil's Panoramic View
17-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Looks like Spuds might bottle it again thus handing us 4th place, Villas Boas is a sh*t manager but I didn't even think he could screw up this one. It always seems to fall onto Wenger's lap doesn't it, it's like it's written in the stars that 4th place is his, has he done a deal with the devil or something?

:haha:

You never miss an opportunity to have a moan, do you?

LDG
17-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Looks like Spuds might bottle it again thus handing us 4th place, Villas Boas is a sh*t manager but I didn't even think he could screw up this one. It always seems to fall onto Wenger's lap doesn't it, it's like it's written in the stars that 4th place is his, has he done a deal with the devil or something?

You need to buy yourself a round bed.

Özim
17-03-2013, 07:35 PM
I have but much like at Arsenal things just go round in circles.

Letters
17-03-2013, 07:38 PM

Spurs are above us "the table never lies"

Arsenal get above Spurs "Spurs bottled it, we got lucky"

Özim
17-03-2013, 07:41 PM

Spurs are above us "the table never lies"

Arsenal get above Spurs "Spurs bottled it, we got lucky"

What else would you call 7 points ahead after beating us and then missing out?

Letters
17-03-2013, 07:44 PM
7 points with 10 or 11 games to go, and they had a harder run-in than us.
For all Liverpool's problems losing at Anfield is no great disgrace. Today was a bad one for them but we've had our share of bad ones.
The pressure is different towards the end of the season if (and that remains to be seen) we handle it better then we'll deserve to finish above them.
End of the day if we finish above them over 38 games then we'll deserve to.
It can't be luck every year.

Syn
17-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Think we'll get 4th now. That was a very damaging result for the spuds. Possibly the easiest on paper they had. They only beat pub team filth like Wigan, us and Reading.

Letters
17-03-2013, 08:03 PM
It's the last 4 games which worry me. Till then they've got a tough run and after today I think at the end of that run we'll be above them.
Whether we can stay there though...our last 4 games are harder than theirs and we'll then be the ones under pressure and we know how that often works out.

Meh. We've got a chance now.

GP
17-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Fuck spurs

Injury Time
17-03-2013, 08:21 PM
It's the last 4 games which worry me. Till then they've got a tough run and after today I think at the end of that run we'll be above them.
Whether we can stay there though...our last 4 games are harder than theirs and we'll then be the ones under pressure and we know how that often works out.

Meh. We've got a chance now.
Got a vision of Toon nicking points off us and we miss out on fourth place, Parpuke going for the smug handshake and Wenger producing a machete out of his magic coat and responding by cutting his arm off...

Cripps_orig
17-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Spuds have the harder run in in the race for 4th

We have Wenger

Spuds favourites

Xhaka Can’t
17-03-2013, 08:24 PM
True.

Wenger never manages to finish above Spermz.

Özil's Panoramic View
17-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Spuds have the harder run in in the race for 4th

We have Wenger

Spuds favourites

Been a while.

Still funny as fack :haha:

Marc Overmars
17-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Fuck spurs

Calm down, you're scaring the children.

GP
17-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Calm down, you're scaring the children.

Fuck the children

Letters
17-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Is there time?

Syn
17-03-2013, 08:40 PM

'twas on a plate.

Marc Overmars
17-03-2013, 08:44 PM

'twas on a plate.

What was, the children?

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2013, 11:20 PM
If the spuds blow it this year then they'll never do it. This is our worst team for decades and we'll be stronger next year because we couldn't be weaker.

Master Splinter
17-03-2013, 11:31 PM
This is our worst team for decades and we'll be stronger next year because we couldn't be weaker.

Do not forget we have also Cazorla, Wilshere and Podolski we can sell there.

GP
17-03-2013, 11:33 PM
we'll be stronger next year because we couldn't be weaker.

http://dominiescommunicate.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/challenge_accepted.png

Özil's Panoramic View
18-03-2013, 01:35 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFmbayzCAAAWQzl.jpg

I know fuck all about scum history but I assume this came from some kind of affiliate of theirs....

:haha: :haha: the 1st achievement was what really got me. :haha: :haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
18-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Cant think of anything that affiates with shit apart from piss?

McNamara That Ghost...
18-03-2013, 09:25 AM
MAJOR HONOURS
Football League Champions 1950/1951, 1960/1961
F.A.Cup Winners 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
Football League Cup Winners 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
European Cup-Winners Cup Winners 1962/1963
UEFA Cup Winners 1971/1972, 1983/1984
Football League Division Two Champions 1919/1920, 1949/1950
F.A.Charity Shield Winners 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963, 1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint), 1991/1992 (joint)

OTHER HONOURS
Southern League Champions 1899/1900
Western League Champions 1903/1904
London League Premier Division Champions 1902/1903
Football League South 'C' Division Champions 1939/1940
Football League South Champions 1943/1944, 1944/1945
Southern District Charity Cup Winners 1901/1902, 1904/1905 (joint), 1906/1907
Dewar Shield Winners 1901/1902, 1933/1934, 1934/1935
London Challenge Cup Winners 1910/1911, 1928/1929
Anglo-Italian League Cup-Winners Cup Winners 1971/1972
Norwich Charity Cup Winners 1919/1920
Norwich Hospital Charity Cup Winners 1946/1947, 1949/1950 (joint)
Ipswich Hospital Charity Cup Winners 1951/1952 (joint)
Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965, 1966
Nolia Cup (Sweden) Winners 1977
Japan Cup Winners 1979
Sun International Challenge Trophy (Swaziland) Winners 1983
Peace Cup (Korea) Winners 2005
Vodacom Challenge (South Africa) Winners 2007
Feyenoord Jubileum Tournament (Holland) Winners 2008
Barclays Asia Trophy (China) Winners 2009

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/History+of+the+Club/Honours.page (just so you know where it came from).

We can never compete with all of that.

Grebbo
18-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I still think we'll finish 5th. Bale was by all reports utter gash yesterday, if he's gash for the rest of the season then we'll get 4th no problem as they're as much a one man team as we were last season. But I think he'll get back on track.

Both teams have similar problems in that both sets of strikers are pretty shite. What worries me is Walcott's form seems to have vanished and Giroud is a bit shit. If Walcott was playing like he was pre-contract signing then I'd be confident we'll get 4th. I'm just not sure where our goals will come from.

LDG
18-03-2013, 09:32 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFmbayzCAAAWQzl.jpg

I know fuck all about scum history but I assume this came from some kind of affiliate of theirs....

:haha: :haha: the 1st achievement was what really got me. :haha: :haha:

How can we become the first British team to win a Uefa competition when it's already been done? :blink:

I guess I won't be speaking to them then.

Which is probably good for all concerned, as I fear I wouldn't speak so much as bend over double with laughter.

Ollie the Optimist
18-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Ipswich Hospital Charity Cup Winners 1951/1952 (joint)

that is my favourite. they didnt even win it outright yet still put it on their honours list

fakeyank
20-03-2013, 06:25 AM
I still think we'll finish 5th. Bale was by all reports utter gash yesterday, if he's gash for the rest of the season then we'll get 4th no problem as they're as much a one man team as we were last season. But I think he'll get back on track.

Both teams have similar problems in that both sets of strikers are pretty shite. What worries me is Walcott's form seems to have vanished and Giroud is a bit shit. If Walcott was playing like he was pre-contract signing then I'd be confident we'll get 4th. I'm just not sure where our goals will come from.

Do not forget we also have Monreal who can score goals..