PDA

View Full Version : What IS our best midfield?

Ernesto
05-03-2013, 07:02 PM
A lot of this depends on who we have playing behind the midfielders and in front of them. However, if you had the following at your disposal, who would start in any given game;

Diaby
Rosicky
Arshavin
Arteta
Ramsey
Wilshere
Cazorla
Oxlade-Chamberlain

The Emirates Gallactico
05-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Best three players are Santi, Wilshere and Good Diaby (different from Ordinary, Injured and Bad Diaby. Only appears once a year - next Sighting April 2013).

However that's not necessarily the best midfield.

Injury Time
05-03-2013, 07:19 PM
:ilt:

Özil's Panoramic View
05-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Good Diaby :haha:

Unicorns :bow:

fakeyank
05-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Oxalade
Wilshere
Cazorla

Özil's Panoramic View
05-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Sick note

Cathorla

Wheelchair

Lord Nelson
05-03-2013, 08:44 PM
A lot of this depends on who we have playing behind the midfielders and in front of them. However, if you had the following at your disposal, who would start in any given game;

Diaby
Rosicky
Arshavin
Arteta
Ramsey
Wilshere
Cazorla
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Vieria
Petit
Fabragas

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Wilshere
Cazorla
Song's replacement which we never got because Kroenke is an utter, utter ****.

Kano
06-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Wilshere
Cazorla
Song's replacement which we never got because Kroenke is an utter, utter ****.
well that was supposed to be vertonghen - except he had no interest at all in playing there.

so wenger's next course of action was to turn to diaby.

and the rest...is hilarious.

LDG
06-03-2013, 09:38 AM
:lol:

I agree with N_Q really.

The basis of the midfield if two of that list, and a defensive midfielder which we haven't signed.

Oh for Gilberto :(

Power n Glory
06-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Arteta, Wilshire, Rosicky

Caz can play in his natural position on the left and then drift in. Pod is useless at that role anyway.

Kano
06-03-2013, 09:58 AM
except for his 13 goals and almost as many assists.

podolski is a must starter every game.

LDG
06-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Agreed.

Time to go 4-4-2 with Giroud and Podolski through the middle.

Ramraid our way to 5th place!

Kano
06-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Agreed.

Time to go 4-4-2 with Giroud and Podolski through the middle.

Ramraid our way to 5th place!
it is a prime example of wenger's madness that podol gets no look in upfront, despite giroud and feo doing fuck all for over a month.

sure he plays wide for germany but he has even more experience and ability through the middle. fucking nuts.

lukas is a mean german bastard that will just tank his way through and bomb the goal whenever he gets the chance.

even merts was pushed up through the middle late on against spurs ffs!

LDG
06-03-2013, 10:11 AM
it is a prime example of wenger's madness that podol gets no look in upfront, despite giroud and feo doing fuck all for over a month.

sure he plays wide for germany but he has even more experience and ability through the middle. fucking nuts.

lukas is a mean german bastard that will just tank his way through and bomb the goal whenever he gets the chance.

Yup.

I think we need to reshape. Get our fullbacks to sit in and play a line with the CB's to plug some gaps.

Jack/Rosicky and/or Arteta/Rosicky in the middle, Cazorla and Walcott on the flanks.

Power n Glory
06-03-2013, 10:31 AM

Good numbers but he’s not the sort of winger that’s going to cause a rightback to rethink his game. I think he’d get a load more goals and assists playing up front. He can be anonymous in many games despite popping up with the odd goal or assist and I think we need wingers that will really act as a thorn in our opponents side and is a constant threat and nuisance.

Giroud shouldn’t be starting for us in my opinion. His touch and shooting is way below par.

Power n Glory
06-03-2013, 10:32 AM

Yep, agree with that.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Walcott won't pick Pods because he prefers to play both wide and in the middle himself. It's a useful role, plenty of places to hide and wait until the next contract negotiation.

Power n Glory
06-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Waloctt needs to learn to play between the lines more and not just depend on hanging off the shoulder of defenders. But after watching more highlights again from Neville and MOTD, there were plenty of runs made by him that the midfield were too slow to react to. But other than that, I don't know why Wenger has given him that free role to play more up front with Giroud as some sort of compromise. Like Pod, he's neither here or there and it's not working.

Marc Overmars
06-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Waloctt needs to learn to play between the lines more and not just depend on hanging off the shoulder of defenders. But after watching more highlights again from Neville and MOTD, there were plenty of runs made by him that the midfield were too slow to react to. But other than that, I don't know why Wenger has given him that free role to play more up front with Giroud as some sort of compromise. Like Pod, he's neither here or there and it's not working.

I said the other day Wenget has lost a grip on the situation, he doesn't know what to do with Walcott now. I don't think he has much of a clue really at what his best midfield and attack is and how to utilise everyone to the best of their abilities. You'd think after consistent under performance he would have made a few changes. He's deluded if he thinks this is working.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-03-2013, 03:23 PM
cazorla - denilsons twin - wilshere - podolski

------------ walcott ------- giroud --------------

LDG
06-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I said the other day Wenget has lost a grip on the situation, he doesn't know what to do with Walcott now. I don't think he has much of a clue really at what his best midfield and attack is and how to utilise everyone to the best of their abilities. You'd think after consistent under performance he would have made a few changes. He's deluded if he thinks this is working.

But it all looks pretty on the training ground, and we score loads of goals!

What he doesn't fathom, is that our attack is playing against our defence in training.

What a retard.

Power n Glory
06-03-2013, 05:06 PM

Since signing his deal, Waloctt has only played once up front and that was against Bayern. I think Wenger is convinced he can play both Giroud up front while Walcott has some semi winger/striker thing going like Podolski. It just doesn’t work. Even as a solo striker Theo needs to learn that he can’t just sit on the shoulder of defenders all game and expect service.

It’s not just Walcott, it’s the same for Pod and why he’s now on the bench with Caz now playing in position he used to play for Malaga. He hasn’t got a clue on how to utilise a lot of his players. When we signed Pod, Giroud and Cazorla I wondered who would play where because Cazorla was always a wide player that cuts in whilst Giroud and Pod are more central players. It's a huge mess and he doesn't know his best team or how to make use of what he has here. I'm still baffled at how he's been unable to make use of Arshavin other than on the flanks. He has a similar story to both Waloctt and Pod, frustrating on the flanks but he gets the numbers. Main difference is his age and fitness levels.

Ernesto
06-03-2013, 07:43 PM
After Rosicky's displays last season, I'd have thought he'd be a dead cert to start this term.

Lord Nelson
06-03-2013, 09:26 PM
After Rosicky's displays last season, I'd have thought he'd be a dead cert to start this term.
Bang On! This also just proves that Wenger is a madman and has lost the plot! A new manager would not have to spend too much money on this squad, he would simply put the right players in the right position! Go now Mr Wenger!