PDA

View Full Version : Comic Relief 2013!

Letters
14-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Tomorrow's Telethon:

7.00 - 8.00:
Lenny Henry kicks off the biggest night in television, this year celebrating 25 years on our screens. Dermot O'Leary and Claudia Winkleman join him to present a first hour absolutely stuffed with contributions from the best comedy and entertainment talent in the UK. Rowan Atkinson appears as the new Archbishop of Canterbury, Jessie J shaves her head live in the studio, One Direction perform their smash hit Comic Relief single, Miranda Hart stars in a unique (or in her words, 'ruined') edition of Call the Midwife, and Miss Piggy graces us with her presence in the studio.

8.00 - 9.30:
Michael McIntyre and Rob Brydon take over the reins. Highlights include the culmination of another special Comic Relief storyline in EastEnders, Lenny Henry meets the surviving celebrities from this year's extraordinary Zambezi River challenge, Jack Whitehall and Micky Flanagan 'cook off' for Dame Edna Everage in MasterChef, Peter Kay presents the results of his very own physical challenge - something to match anything achieved for the charity by the Zambezi team.

9.30 - 10.30:
John Bishop and Davina McCall pick up the presenting baton as the excitement builds towards one of the most hotly anticipated comic events of the night: Ricky Gervais in a cheap suit - David Brent is back on the BBC. Other key highlights running up to the news are a Comic Relief first from the new queen of comedy Mrs Brown, whilst in the studio Miranda Hart comples the final leg of 'Miranda's Mad March' around the country, joined live by Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders.

Sounds mostly :ilt:

LDG
14-03-2013, 05:10 PM
I'll be mostly getting drunk.

GP
14-03-2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjmfGE1R5lQ&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_151405

:dance:

Letters
14-03-2013, 05:16 PM
That's one to look up on YouTube after.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Oh FFS they've made another Being: Liverpool?

Syn
14-03-2013, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjmfGE1R5lQ&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_151405

:dance:

The Office is maybe my favourite series. Amazing show. And it stopped at the right time, not dragged on and rinsed like most American shit. Extras was much funnier but it wasn't as good. His few hollywood films haven't had the subtlety in order to cater for American audiences. And Derek tries to be a replica of The Office after watching a couple of episodes I'm not into it at all.

GP
14-03-2013, 05:59 PM
I mostly agree, but I don't see Derek as anything like The Office.

It's worth sticking with Derek for the finale, imo.

Marc Overmars
14-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I have never seen The Office.

There, I said it.

GP
14-03-2013, 06:10 PM
You should. It's great.

Injury Time
14-03-2013, 07:56 PM
You shouldn't. It's shite.

Efa :good:

GP
14-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Efa :good:

I think you're on your own there.

Best British comedy of all time.

Injury Time
14-03-2013, 08:00 PM
I think you're on your own there.

Now you are talkin bollox!

GP
14-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Just because you don't understand it.

You stick to Hale and Pace or Miranda :good:

Injury Time
14-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Just because you don't understand it.

You stick to Hale and Pace or Miranda :good:
Leave Hale & Pace out of it (by order of da management), Miranda is dogshit.
Best British Comedy of all time!? No.

Cripps_orig
14-03-2013, 08:27 PM
I have never seen The Office.

There, I said it.

Neither have I.

Master Splinter
15-03-2013, 08:24 PM

It's no My Family.

alexander
15-03-2013, 08:34 PM
I mostly agree, but I don't see Derek as anything like The Office.

It's worth sticking with Derek for the finale, imo.

Loved all his TV work, but think Derek is his best, maybe not as laugh out loud, but a a great look into how so many people are now. The woman who is just intrested in getting hold of her dying mums ring is a brilliant episode. So many people money driven these days, bits like that I love.

Watchinng this comic relief cack now, there are some funny bits, but mostly cack.

Letters
15-03-2013, 08:57 PM
I like Derek but it's let down by some very sloppy writing at times. Some of the characters (and that ring lady is an example) are very one dimensional. I know he was trying to make a point about her greed but it was too overt. In real life no-one would be that crass. I guess he has a limited time to tell the story. Overall though I enjoyed the series and will watch the 2nd.

GP
15-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Equality Street :haha:

alexander
15-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Some of the characters (and that ring lady is an example) are very one dimensional. I know he was trying to make a point about her greed but it was too overt. In real life no-one would be that crass.

You want to meet some of my family then, belive me they can be. Tossers.