View Full Version : Match reaction vs Swansea

AKBapologist
16-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Clean sheet. 2 important goals.

:dancingman:

GP
t'riffic.

Kos was superb again. He's a great player.

fakeyank
Clean sheet :faint:

LDG
16-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Get in :dance:

Gervinho :faint:

Kano
16-03-2013, 05:01 PM
good away win off the back of bayern.

and another clean sheet. verm and ches, oh dear.

reading next week, so two wins out of three ain't bad.

Dennis Bendtner
16-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Fucking get the fuck in

In all fairness

Marc Overmars
16-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Good win.

4th place trophy is coming home.

Power n Glory
16-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Good to see Wenger shaking things up and dropping underperforming players. Great result for us. 3 points in the bag and still in the chase for 4th.

Back to back clean sheets!

Injury Time
16-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Can now unclench the cheeks n relax, thank fuck for that :patrice:

hymppi
There is something done right, two clean sheets, two away games. Here's to hoping it'll last :nanacheers:
Nacho's first Arsenal goal!
And Gerforehead scoring... Dammit. Good stuff.
I feel Szezesny is benched, even though Fabianski wasn't really tested today.
Interesting times.

Marc Overmars
End of Vermaelen's Arsenal career?

Dennis Bendtner
16-03-2013, 05:07 PM
I saw a snippet of Fabianski having a bit of an argument at the end :lol: what was that about?

hymppi
16-03-2013, 05:08 PM
I don't think so, we need a back up for Koz. But the armband has to go.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Arsenal. :bow:

Two scruffy performances but two wins, with clean sheets.

Just like Torres, we're back.

Kano
16-03-2013, 05:10 PM
let's hope so. verm out to barca and williams in.

Master Splinter
16-03-2013, 05:11 PM
That was an impressive, efficient away performance at a tough place, regardless of how much Arsenal and Wenger have ruined your life.

Cazorla was superb. It was probably his hardest-working performance of the season.

Jenkinson (apart from one sloppy pass) was fantastic again. He makes a real difference on the right. If only he had someone competent to link up with on that side.

Defence was composed for the second away game in a row. Swansea's only real chance came from the Jenkinson pass and their other one was offside.

Vermaelen, Sagna and Szczesny back for the next game then.

Monreal :bow:.

Gervinho :bow:.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2013, 05:11 PM
A good win if we also win next week. Ox looked enthusiastic and did all sorts of interesting stuff like passing to his own team and shooting at goal. Whether that type of play will catch on we'll have to wait and see, but it added the novelty of entertainment.

If we're in the mood for dropping players then no more Diaby and Theo has consistently doneenough to secure a seat next to Vermaelen. Give Ox a run until the end of the season.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2013, 05:13 PM
I don't think so, we need a back up for Koz. But the armband has to go.

Let's give it to Bendtner though and be a bit smart about who we usher out of the club next.

Dennis Bendtner
16-03-2013, 05:13 PM

Happily letting the captain leave :bow:

The tide has turned :bow:

Wenger :bow:

hymppi
16-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Let's give it to Bendtner though and be a bit smart about who we usher out of the club next.

Joined captaincy of Squid, Bendy, Diaby...

Özil's Panoramic View
16-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Invaluable win...

Let the run begin.

Come on you Gunners :scarf:

selassie
16-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Massive win for us today. I'll be honest I thought we were going to drop points here. Really pleased with the 3 points and the cleansheet, race for 4th is on.

Alpha
16-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Very pleased with the result even though I did not watch the game . Not surprised after such a win fans are happy and don't tell us what hapened and who did what during the game . I hope the hightlight will tell us more.

Syn
16-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Cazorla was superb. It was probably his hardest-working performance of the season.

It's disgusting that he feels the need to close down the goalie every time. What the fuck are Giroud and Walcott doing?

Agree with your assessment but Monreal was the clear weak link in defence again. He scampers but he's not as quick as even Jenkinson. Jenkinson can't read the game well but he's got Kolo-esque recovery powers. In fact, Kolo had a very similar style. Everything else about Monreal is fine but he is prone to getting beaten easily.

Would definitely have Sagna back in the team over Jenkinson as soon as he's fit though.

Vermaelen? Not so much. Szczesny? Wouldn't mind if he's in or out.

When Fabianski makes one little mistake, it's game over. When he's good he's solid and is far more likely to make exceptional saves than Szczesny. But when he's bad, he just loses the plot and forgets how to catch anything. Szczesny made a stupid mistake against Villa but Cazorla rescued us a win. That doesn't happen if Fabianski makes one because it's followed by another 3 in the same game. Still, credit where it's due and you should play players on form so Fabianski should stay until he has a mental breakdown.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-03-2013, 05:28 PM
We definitely won't beat Reading next week....fact!

Master Splinter
16-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Agree with your assessment but Monreal was the clear weak link in defence again.

Definitely. Probably harsh to single out Mini-Merchant on a glorious day for him though. I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt until his first full season.

Gibbs is almost a guaranteed 7 or 8/10 performer when he plays now, so you'd expect him to be first choice. But Wenger spent money on Monreal and he's older, so WengBOT might intervene.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-03-2013, 05:32 PM
I think Szczesny is a really good keeper, the problem is he's had no competition which has made him arrogant and complacent. I think he gets far too much stick though when you compare his errors to the ones a keeper like Joe Hart makes.
Fabianski had very little to do in both of our games, he made a good stop from Arjen Robben on Wednesday but it was Jenkinson getting himself in the way that made Robben take the shot early and his ball distribution from goal kicks is atrocious.

Master Splinter
16-03-2013, 05:33 PM
We definitely won't beat Reading next week....fact!

We don't play them until the week after, so yes.

But if they have a new manager, it will definitely be :rose: for us.

Munchies
16-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Fabianski ... 2 clean sheets in a row ...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-03-2013, 05:38 PM
We don't play them until the week after, so yes.

But if they have a new manager, it will definitely be :rose: for us.

Sorry just being pedantic because some of the posters had put about us playing them next week.

Dennis Bendtner
16-03-2013, 05:51 PM
I think Szczesny is a really good keeper, the problem is he's had no competition which has made him arrogant and complacent. I think he gets far too much stick though when you compare his errors to the ones a keeper like Joe Hart makes.
Fabianski had very little to do in both of our games, he made a good stop from Arjen Robben on Wednesday but it was Jenkinson getting himself in the way that made Robben take the shot early and his ball distribution from goal kicks is atrocious.

Not sure complacency is the main factor, though it could be one. He's had a weakness with shots from distance for a while that people were probably more willing to overlook because he is far better on crosses than those in the team before.

Fabianski is a decent goalkeeper and capable of some excellent saves. Generally I think quicker and more agile than Szczesny. The doubts will linger about set-pieces because of his previous experiences. Realistically it's a case of people being happy now but wanting Szczesny back when he next fumbles a cross, rinse and repeat. Though obviously I hope he doesn't. I think LF's contract expires at the end of the season too.

Xhaka Can’t
16-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Ijust went through the match thread as my way of 'watching' the match. Back to back 2 nil away wins - we are getting all we can ask for from the defence - hopefully, Giroud and Theo can get it together - but not so much that it is somehow deemed that we don't really need a striker - because we really really do.

Liking the way the results in general have gone today - hopefully the whole week-end shapes up to be a good one.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Not sure complacency is the main factor, though it could be one. He's had a weakness with shots from distance for a while that people were probably more willing to overlook because he is far better on crosses than those in the team before.

Fabianski is a decent goalkeeper and capable of some excellent saves. Generally I think quicker and more agile than Szczesny. The doubts will linger about set-pieces because of his previous experiences. Realistically it's a case of people being happy now but wanting Szczesny back when he next fumbles a cross, rinse and repeat. Though obviously I hope he doesn't. I think LF's contract expires at the end of the season too.

I disagree i think Szczesny is a better shot stopper, i think fumbling crosses is more of an inherent weakness in a keeper's overall game where as Szczesny is more than capable of making saves from distance or close range and i think his errors do not bear out any poor reflection on his agility.
Fabianski had nothing to do today, no crosses to deal with no saves to make and even against Bayern they were mainly kept to punts from distance that normally blazed well wide or well over.
For me we need to buy a thirty something keeper to keep Szczesny grounded as everything i hear is that he has become extremely arrogant because he thinks he can walk into the team.

GP
16-03-2013, 06:12 PM
We should cut our losses with both of them and sign a decent keeper.

Marc Overmars
16-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Pretty much.

Dennis Bendtner
16-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I disagree i think Szczesny is a better shot stopper, i think fumbling crosses is more of an inherent weakness in a keeper's overall game where as Szczesny is more than capable of making saves from distance or close range and i think his errors do not bear out any poor reflection on his agility.
Fabianski had nothing to do today, no crosses to deal with no saves to make and even against Bayern they were mainly kept to punts from distance that normally blazed well wide or well over.
For me we need to buy a thirty something keeper to keep Szczesny grounded as everything i hear is that he has become extremely arrogant because he thinks he can walk into the team.

From what I have seen most of Szczesny's errors have been in the long-distance shot category. There's fine margins for keepers which make the difference between a save or goal. Just an example - Walker's goal at WHL last season. IMO there have been a few instances of this to suggest that he does have that weakness in his game. It could be agility or it could be something else.

I agree with you about Fabianski. Hopefully he does nothing to be dropped for the rest of the season but it's been a fairly comfortable ride in this spell.

Letters
16-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Massive result today.
Swansea are no push-overs at home, this was only their 3rd league defeat there and they've drawn with Chelsea and ManYoo at their place.
Puts some pressure on the Spuds for tomorrow, their next game after that is a trip to Swansea when we play Reading at home.
Could all get quite interesting.

4th Place Trophy is up for grabs!
:patrice:

GP
16-03-2013, 06:28 PM
3rd, tbh

Cripps_orig
16-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Know nothing of the game bar the result.

Good to see Laudrup doing his bit for his next club

Grebbo
16-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Great result. Swansea away is one of the hardest fixtures in the league. It helps that they had nothing to play for but it's still an excellent result, especially after mid week's efforts.

I fully expected us to lose.

It's a pity Spuds and Chavs both have home bankers this weekend so we wont make up ground.

fakeyank
16-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Theo was absolutely clueless today. You see the difference in ball control between Ox and him, it is tremendous. Theo has pace and a good shot on goal but he needs to learn to control the ball and make good runs.. When he is good, he is very good but he has more bad performances than good and at 24, he needs to be way more consistent.

Cripps_orig
16-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Arsène Wenger spoke to the media after Arsenal secured a 2-0 victory away at Swansea City on Saturday afternoon.

on the win…
The attitude of our players and our team was outstanding. Even when the legs were a bit less fresh, we kept going and refused to drop points. We knew before the game what was expected, and we gave absolutely everything until the end. What we did in the last three days is always difficult to do for any team. To win away in the Champions League and win straight away three days later in the Premier League is very difficult. I would like to congratulate the players for that.

on the importance of three points…
We'll know that at the end of the season. The win was absolutely wanted from us. We couldn't drop points today to have a chance - we are in that situation. We have shown as well that we are up for a fight and we will do that until the end of the season.

on the players' celebrations after the second goal…
I came out many times and said I'm a great admirer of the attitude of this team. I think to win a big game on Wednesday night transformed the belief of the team a little bit. We've struggled during the season to find that and I think you could see today again that you cannot question the attitude of these players. The solidarity they showed are qualities that will be needed until the last day of the season.

on being under pressure after Everton's win…
It will be like that until the end of the season now. We have one advantage - we know what is expecting us and we have already been in this situation before. We have the right spirit and the right attitude.

on sensing it wouldn't be Arsenal's day when Oxlade-Chamberlain hit the bar twice…
We just kept trying. You cannot convert every chance into a goal and they defended well as well. We defended well. It was a game of defensive stability. We just needed an opening somewhere. It was down to the team who scored the first today.

on the first goal coming from an unlikely source…
I think if you look at the chances Swansea created today, it's very little. We were defensively stable and from then on, you can use any mistake of your opponent to win the game.

on winning games by defending well…
We defended high up the pitch today and [for] the whole second half, we tried to keep them in their half. We didn't create clear-cut chances until the last 20 minutes. From then on, once you are 1-0 up, they really had to come and it all became easier.

on Michu taking exception to Fabianski's post-match celebration…
You have the right to celebrate without being provocative. I know Fabianski well. I know that he had not even seen Michu when he celebrated.

Hope MOTD show Fabianskis celebration.

IBK
16-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Let's remember that a few weeks ago everyone was creaming over Laudrup. Well we got a convincing result agaisnt Swansea. Question marks remain against our team/season - but FFS lets be pleased with a win that many doubted. Well done Arsenal.

Cripps_orig
17-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Pleased Monreal scored. He's been awful but hopefully this gives him confidence.

Mertesacker is awesome. Kos it seems is in one of his good spells which lasts a couple of matches which makes people laughably think he's brilliant. Hoping this time it continues for a lot longer than 2 games.

Cazorla performed finally. Giroud is shit. Theo needs a rest but we can't afford to as he's been our best player by a mile.

BOBN
17-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Its almost sad that vermalean has been well and truely found out. it was a guilty pleasure sticking it to him after every game where he'd invariably facked up. Now everybody accepts hes the biggest central defensive fraud in premier league history wheres the fun? But i'll never truely forgive wenger for making him captain, it was as clear then as it is clear now that he is deadweight. For me, its the final proof that wenger knows fack all about defending. Big worry.

And it looks like we play way better without wheelchair :scarf:

GP
17-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Shut up

Özil's Panoramic View
17-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Pleased Monreal scored. He's been awful but hopefully this gives him confidence.

Mertesacker is awesome. Kos it seems is in one of his good spells which lasts a couple of matches which makes people laughably think he's brilliant. Hoping this time it continues for a lot longer than 2 games.

Cazorla performed finally. Giroud is shit. Theo needs a rest but we can't afford to as he's been our best player by a mile.

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Its almost sad that vermalean has been well and truely found out. it was a guilty pleasure sticking it to him after every game where he'd invariably facked up. Now everybody accepts hes the biggest central defensive fraud in premier league history wheres the fun? But i'll never truely forgive wenger for making him captain, it was as clear then as it is clear now that he is deadweight. For me, its the final proof that wenger knows fack all about defending. Big worry.

And it looks like we play way better without wheelchair :scarf:

Agreed, Diaby was awesome.

Seymour Butts
17-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Good to see Wenger shaking things up and dropping underperforming players. Great result for us. 3 points in the bag and still in the chase for 4th.

Back to back clean sheets!

It is nice to see but surely he should have done this earlier - Verm has been poor all season to be fair and Chez has made a few howlers

Power n Glory
17-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Glad to see Wenger switching things up because we've been stale for ages now. Glad to see Ox, Gervinho, Fabs and Kos getting game time. Maybe more players on the bench can offer something fresh to the squad. Said last week that it's necessary because a lot of players are running on empty.

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2013, 03:05 AM
Glad to see Wenger switching things up because we've been stale for ages now. Glad to see Ox, Gervinho, Fabs and Kos getting game time. Maybe more players on the bench can offer something fresh to the squad. Said last week that it's necessary because a lot of players are running on empty.

And quite a few players are running on stupid.

fakeyank
17-03-2013, 08:45 AM

I'd like to see Arshavin get a run in too.. I just think we have wasted a tremendous talent like him putting him on the wings. With the last few months of his contract left, I am sure he will try to put an impressive performance to get on the shop window.

Ralpheroo72
17-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Watched it, was again impressed with Kos. Forgot Feo was playing, ineffective now he has signed his contract. Santi had one of his best games for us, he worked his socks off.

Xhaka Can’t
17-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Did Flappy have much to do? How did he look?

GP
17-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Did Flappy have much to do? How did he look?

Wasn't really forced into a save, but did everything necessary with little fuss.

Marc Overmars
17-03-2013, 11:53 AM

Yeah you have to use the squad effectively and Wenget just hasn't done that. Why it's taken until now when we have little to play for I don't know.

Power n Glory
17-03-2013, 12:23 PM
And quite a few players are running on stupid.

The team selection is the most frustrating thing to see sometimes. When you see players that keep fucking up getting starts for every game, it drives you mental. We have some terrible options off the bench but it's insane to keep playing the same players that are low on confidence and somehow expect them to find it within themselves to get back on form.

Have to admit, Walcott has been utter shite since signing the new deal. He needs to hit the bench again so he's fighting to earn his place in the squad. His performances over the last couple of months are unacceptable.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Good result. . .happy that Gerv scored because had he missed he would have been walking home me thinks.

Syn
17-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Good result. . .happy that Gerv scored because had he missed he would have been walking home me thinks.

He would've missed if it was 0-0 probably. Don't know why he's getting game time.

I'd look at a front three of Gibbs----Podolski-----Oxlade, for thr next game. Gibbs in the left wing role. Might help Monreal out a bit and he's dangerous enough on the ball. Podolski is back for the next game and surely must be given a go in the strikers position ahead of Giroud. With Walcott off-form and Oxlade looking dangerous maybe try the Ox for a bit until Theo ups his game.

Özim
17-03-2013, 01:14 PM
On the one hand it's a good win, albeit against a side who's season is effectively over, on the other hand this win only papers over the very large cracks, I can see us ending up 4th which will vindicate Wenger in his head which doesn't bode well for the summer.

The defence seems to have had a solid game so that's good, how long it will last who knows, what's needed though even if we win all of our games from now until the end of the season is a clearout and some serious investment in top quality players who can bring us up a level.

Xhaka Can’t
17-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Wasn't really forced into a save, but did everything necessary with little fuss.

Thanks.

I hate bailing in on Szczesny, but he has caused his own fair share of fuss - poor distribution and decision making. He has the potential, but he is really inneed of coaching to sharpen up aspect of his game.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-03-2013, 02:06 PM
On the one hand it's a good win, albeit against a side who's season is effectively over, on the other hand this win only papers over the very large cracks, I can see us ending up 4th which will vindicate Wenger in his head which doesn't bode well for the summer.

The defence seems to have had a solid game so that's good, how long it will last who knows, what's needed though even if we win all of our games from now until the end of the season is a clearout and some serious investment in top quality players who can bring us up a level.

Come on Zim, you waded in to the match thread and complained when it was 0-0 about our mentality. We win 0-2 and you still think it comes at a price.

Kano
17-03-2013, 02:17 PM

Ok, well the last part won't happen, anyone with their head screwed on will see that. So the options are clear. Either try to find some sort of enjoyment from the team, or wallow in depression over it. Which ever one you enjoy more will rise to the top.

Özim
17-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Come on Zim, you waded in to the match thread and complained when it was 0-0 about our mentality. We win 0-2 and you still think it comes at a price.
Yeah I did because we'd beaten mighty Bayern and were struggling against Swansea (but it was in jest as I felt Bayern didn't turn up). I've said quite a few times recently we'd fluke 4th place again and that this will reenforce Wenger's view about our quality and mentality, which it will and which isn't a good thing for us.

Özim
17-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Ok, well the last part won't happen, anyone with their head screwed on will see that. So the options are clear. Either try to find some sort of enjoyment from the team, or wallow in depression over it. Which ever one you enjoy more will rise to the top.
I don't really enjoy watching something which is basically a repeat of the previous x number of years when there's no indication anything will change anytime soon.

We don't have any hope and we pretty much know what's going to happen during a season, there's no unpredictability, where's is the joy in that?

McNamara That Ghost...
17-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah I did because we'd beaten mighty Bayern and were struggling against Swansea (but it was in jest as I felt Bayern didn't turn up). I've said quite a few times recently we'd fluke 4th place again and that this will reenforce Wenger's view about our quality and mentality, which it will and which isn't a good thing for us.

It's hard to read what you actually wanted from us at 0-0 then.

Özim
17-03-2013, 06:42 PM
It's hard to read what you actually wanted from us at 0-0 then.
There's a part of me that wants 4th place because I want us to be in the CL and want us to sign better players (even though in reality I know we won't), then there's the other part that thinks f*ck it we need something to shock these people into action (do you remember how Wenger was under pressure to sign players in December, this of course disappeared after a few wins) and missing out on the CL could be what does it. The fans would be on his back and the pressure would be on thus forcing him to do something, if we qualify of course there will be a large group of people who will be content and thus the pressure will be off.

I think I didn't really overly care about the result for this reason, it's kinda lose lose whether we win or lose a match, we're playing for 4th place which shouldn't be something to be celebrated.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-03-2013, 07:32 PM
It could be some great motivator that spurs him in to action but it's not going to stop finishing in the Champions League places being the target for next season, nor is it going to stop reticence to spend money of any great degree - in fact it might be that he is even more cautious.

Letters
17-03-2013, 07:34 PM
I don't think a top 4 finish would relieve the pressure on Wenger. Not this time.

This season has been a balls up from start to finish, we sold our captain and best player to the team who finished directly above us last season and as a result we're struggling to stay in the top 4 while they're cantering to the title.

I do half-agree that maybe we need something to shock us into action and finishing outside the top 4 might do that but at the same time if it's us or Spuds, and it looks like it is, I can't do anything other than want them to cock it up again and watch their stupid smug faces as we come past them on the home straight again.

Özim
17-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Don't underestimate Wenger's ability to ignore the obvious, he's done it many times before. If we get 4th they'll feed us the "signings aren't always the answer", "we'll sign 1 or 2 players super super quality players if we can", "16 years in the Champions League", "the players have one more years experience and I have Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere, Gibbs etc back" lines and we'll see a carbon copy of the summers we always seem to experience.

Don't get me wrong being above Spurs is great and so is being in the CL, but the problem is that we always seem to be on the same cycle, every season is pretty much the same.

Marc Overmars
17-03-2013, 07:43 PM
If we finish 4th, great. If we finish above Sperz, even greater.

I'm not going to dwell on it if we miss out though, I'm fairly ambivalent towards it all now.

Globalgunner
17-03-2013, 09:29 PM
What is the point in having the same lukewarm season all over again. Unless something drastic happens at the seasons end. This time next year it will be deja-vu all over again to quote a famous picnic basket snatcher.

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2013, 11:07 PM
It's a question of whether the last hold outs (the fans) are prepared to accept football is about financial achievement rather than sporting achievement. The board are evangelists for the former position and of course they do rather well from it. The manager has bought into it and of course does rather well from it. The players are all for it and do rather well from it.

The fans stand to gain nothing financially, in fact they get fucked hard in this respect.in return for that fucking will they accept football is all about the balance sheet and players wages? Will they buy into 4th best as achievement, or playing well for half a two leg affair in the CL and getting knocked out as being glorious? Or will they say this club and its history is ours you fucking ****s and if you don't get your priorities shorted well pour petrol over you, set you on fire and piss on your ashes?

Japan Shaking All Over
18-03-2013, 02:22 AM
I don't think a top 4 finish would relieve the pressure on Wenger. Not this time.

This season has been a balls up from start to finish, we sold our captain and best player to the team who finished directly above us last season and as a result we're struggling to stay in the top 4 while they're cantering to the title.

I do half-agree that maybe we need something to shock us into action and finishing outside the top 4 might do that but at the same time if it's us or Spuds, and it looks like it is, I can't do anything other than want them to cock it up again and watch their stupid smug faces as we come past them on the home straight again.

Cant help agreeing with this even though I know that finishing fourth only makes the money grabbers case strong and wallets fatter.

LDG
18-03-2013, 09:41 AM
If we finish 4th, great. If we finish above Sperz, even greater.

I'm not going to dwell on it if we miss out though, I'm fairly ambivalent towards it all now.

I get ya, but finishing below them ****s down the road? Little bit not ambivalent, surely?

Marc Overmars
18-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I get ya, but finishing below them ****s down the road? Little bit not ambivalent, surely?

It would suck the big one yes, but we're not going to keep finishing above them until the end of time, so meh. Besides, I'd like to think Gooners aren't as obsessed with them as they are with us.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2013, 01:54 PM
but we're not going to keep finishing above them until the end of time

If we finish above them this year, if they blow it so spectacularly, it could well be we finish above them ever more. Obviously (and correctly) they have a huge inferiority complex when they compare themselves to us. Even when we're shit they are are terrified.

Ollie the Optimist
18-03-2013, 02:52 PM
we are the third team to win at swansea in the league this season. tells you how much of a tough place it is to go and win so its a huge result. we won, kept a clean sheet twice in a row. there is nothing to moan about from the last week whatsoever yet still some manage it instead of enjoying a fucking win

Özim
18-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Champagne's on ice for when we celebrate our glorious 4th/5th place achievement at the end of the season.

Ollie the Optimist
18-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Champagne's on ice for when we celebrate our glorious 4th/5th place achievement at the end of the season.

sorry i forgot that these days you cant enjoy a win, you have to moan about something

IBK
18-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Don't underestimate Wenger's ability to ignore the obvious, he's done it many times before. If we get 4th they'll feed us the "signings aren't always the answer", "we'll sign 1 or 2 players super super quality players if we can", "16 years in the Champions League", "the players have one more years experience and I have Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere, Gibbs etc back" lines and we'll see a carbon copy of the summers we always seem to experience.

Don't get me wrong being above Spurs is great and so is being in the CL, but the problem is that we always seem to be on the same cycle, every season is pretty much the same.

Can't fault that post, mate.

Cripps_orig
18-03-2013, 07:42 PM
we are the third team to win at swansea in the league this season. tells you how much of a tough place it is to go and win so its a huge result. we won, kept a clean sheet twice in a row. there is nothing to moan about from the last week whatsoever yet still some manage it instead of enjoying a fucking win
Being knocked out of the CL seems a valid reason

Ollie the Optimist
18-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Being knocked out of the CL seems a valid reason

except that moaning was done after teh first leg, the second leg left nothing to complain about as a match. we all moaned after the first leg and rightly so, why not just enjoy a very good performance?

or can you just not do that because it means you wouldnt be able to wum?

Cripps_orig
18-03-2013, 07:57 PM
We weren't knocked out after the first leg

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2013, 08:32 PM
except that moaning was done after teh first leg, the second leg left nothing to complain about as a match. we all moaned after the first leg and rightly so, why not just enjoy a very good performance?

or can you just not do that because it means you wouldnt be able to wum?

I think you have to accept some fans have had it with the bullshit that's being served up and the odd cherry on top isn't a consolation any more.

Özim
18-03-2013, 09:02 PM
We weren't knocked out after the first leg
:lol: I love these one liners!

LDG
18-03-2013, 09:34 PM
:lol: I love these one liners!

They're not as funny as yours though.

GP
18-03-2013, 09:41 PM
They're not as funny as yours though.

I was on my way to make a one-liner, but then I realised I'd done too many lines.

Nayan
19-03-2013, 12:40 PM
it was a good weekend

fakeyank
20-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Did you get drunk?