PDA

View Full Version : match reaction v reading

Ollie the Optimist
30-03-2013, 04:58 PM
beautiful, lovely sexy football. everyone did their part from first team to subs.

nothing to moan baout really at all, so wat will people moan about? wenger not wearing a green suit? grass being 1mm to long?

Joker
30-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Don't see the need for the adversarial attitude, it was a good win, the quality of football was much better and the midfield were actually zipping the ball around quickly, rather than playing in a laboured fashion. However, we were only playing Reading who are a terrible side, so we shouldn't get carried away with this result. That's not moaning, it's just common sense. Let's see more of the same against the likes of Everton and Utd in the coming weeks and then maybe we'll have a chance of getting 4th place.

fakeyank
30-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Giroud :bow:

Ramsey was very good for a change. Almost killed someone famous with his shot that was saved! :yikes:

Ox :bow:

Cazorla :bow:

One of the best signings at Arsenal in the last few seasons!

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Maybe it's unreasonable to expect more and time to accept we have become a completely unremarkable and almost talentless mid table outfit. In which case 4-1 against one of the worst teams ever to foul the premiership is a good result. Still, the worst first half of football you are ever likely to see. Gervinho and Giroud utter garbage, Arteta has really gone downhill, Ramsey works so hard but he's so awful. Even so, no matter what dross we have out there now it was enough to dominate a Reading team that shouldn't be within a mile of this league.

In the end 4-1 was a sad result, Reading were that bad. Should have been 10-0, conceding the goal was humiliating. Cazorla tried to play but was prevented by all the shit around him. Ox looked lively when he came on and Pods looked overweight. Rosicky anonymous apart from his glaring miss.

3 points but we really stink. If we finish 4th it is a terrible condemnation of English football. But I think we will because the spuds are just as bad as us.

Master Splinter
30-03-2013, 05:08 PM
An 8-0 win becomes 4-1 because of poor final passes and finishing and Foy.

Sagna back in the team and we concede. Time for GHELkers to come home.

Cazorla :bow:.

Gervinho :bow:.

Arsenal :bow:.

Third place trophy :bow:.

PGFC
30-03-2013, 05:14 PM
:patrice:

Marc Overmars
30-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Good win.

Özil's Panoramic View
30-03-2013, 05:37 PM
I'll take the 3 points happily regardless of the shower of shit we were up against.

Munchies
30-03-2013, 05:44 PM
It just shows how much a world-class signing can do, Cazorla is a great player, and the type of player we need to sign 4 more times in the summer to help re-build the team.

Good performance overall, Monreal switched off for the goal but other than that, a victory and scoreline which was expected.

Ollie the Optimist
30-03-2013, 05:54 PM
its amazing though how bad the level of referreeing has got. today we denied one stonewall penalty, no idea how it wasnt given, and we got one outside the box. (not complaining) but both decisions were wrong, reading should have had several players booked for cynical fouls, free kicks werent given to us for late lunges. something has to be done, the referees are all fucking awful

Cripps_orig
30-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Managed to go after all. First half was so boring.

Gervinho arguably had his best game for us. More down to Reading being shit than to him improving.

Giroud is not what we need. Very poor again.

Arteta is horrific. Ramseys flicks and tricks are fucking annoying. Cazorla was quiet.

Defensively we conceded to a team who hardly attacked which tells you all you need to know about our defence. Tbf, Sagna, Mert and Kos were quality. Monreal was poor offensively and defensively. Didn't put one cross in and at fault for the goal. Come back Gibbs.

Motm by a mile was Rosicky. What a fucking player. Only midfielder we have that is direct and tries to make things happen. First teamer for sure even when Jack is back. Arteta :wave:

Power n Glory
30-03-2013, 07:15 PM
I hope Rosiky gets a run in the team for the final stretch of the season. Yet to see the game but looking forwards to it.

LDG
30-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Quite happy with a good win.

Drawbacks were Giroud, who brings people into play, but isn't a striker, the ref for being a complete **** and cripps for slagging cazorla, who clearly was the best player on the park.

Though rosicky does get bags of credit for making us play far far quicker.

Munchies
30-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Another thing I liked about Rosicky is that he never gives up, whatever the score. He was running back even after we were winning 4-1 !

LDG
30-03-2013, 07:21 PM
I hope Rosiky gets a run in the team for the final stretch of the season. Yet to see the game but looking forwards to it.

He moves things forward and alot quicker than anyone else. Such a shame he's been so injury prone. Brilliant player.

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Fuck, really? People think Rosicky was good today? And one even says Cazorla was not?

Cazorla was surrounded by pure shit, Rosicky included (not that I'm saying he's shit in general), but he still managed, from time to time, to rise above it and provide some quality.

LDG
30-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Fuck, really? People think Rosicky was good today? And one even says Cazorla was not?

Cazorla was surrounded by pure shit, Rosicky included (not that I'm saying he's shit in general), but he still managed, from time to time, to rise above it and provide some quality.

Controlled the tempo.

Not saying he was anything like he can be. But he is someone whovgets us moving.

Kos was fucking awesome again though.

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Controlled the tempo.

Not saying he was anything like he can be. But he is someone whovgets us moving.

Kos was fucking awesome again though.

To be fair, "tempo" is a bit of a stretch in terms of what we saw today. Turning up was too much of a tempo for Reading to contend with.

Munchies
30-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Wow, Everton are only 2 points behind us !!! :wacko:

LDG
30-03-2013, 07:50 PM
To be fair, "tempo" is a bit of a stretch in terms of what we saw today. Turning up was too much of a tempo for Reading to contend with.

Just cheer the fuck up and enjoy a win. That was magic compared to what George Graham used to serve up. Sometimes we can be too critical.

A welcome normal routine win againts a team who are shit. What else do you want before the summer?

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Just cheer the fuck up and enjoy a win. That was magic compared to what George Graham used to serve up. Sometimes we can be too critical.

A welcome normal routine win againts a team who are shit. What else do you want before the summer?

A fake tan?

I am cheerful. I thought our fool Gervinho was hugely entertaining.

LDG
30-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Wow, Everton are only 2 points behind us !!! :wacko:

I know. We should have got 5 points :sulk:

LDG
30-03-2013, 08:00 PM
A fake fan?

I am cheerful. I thought our fool Gervinho was hugely entertaining.

You're not fake, no. You speak more sense than most.

Little bit grumpy today though.

Get pissed. 3 points and a curry :good:

Gervinho falling over was fucking hilarious first half. Now that is a shit player. Even on a good day he managed to look like a spaz.

Syn
30-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Don't really know what Rosicky did. The only time I can remember him was when he charged forward a couple of times and got fouled. He was pretty anonymous - not that he needed to do much more. Cazorla and Arteta were very good; this was very easy for them. Ramsey looks quite good in this deeper position and I think that should be his permanent position. But hard to conclude too much. This Reading side was by some distance the worst side we've played this season. Blackburn, Coventry, Brentford - they all played a lot better. I can't remember the last time an opposition team kept passing the ball to us so often when we're just 30 yards from goal. All that was required today was pressing them well and letting them dig their own hole.

Özim
30-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Didn't see it, but basically a win against the PL whipping boys, not unexpected.

Once we've got nothing to play for but 4th place we string together a few wins, anyone see this happen before? :lol:

Letters
30-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Good win against a very poor side.

God alone knows how that wasn't a penalty in the first half, ridiculous decision.

Ollie the Optimist
30-03-2013, 09:31 PM
impossible though it may seem, today proved there is a commentator worse then steward robson in hammering arsenal for absoutly everything. tony gale, hes a fucking ****.

ox wins a penalty, gale launches into a triade against wenger for not starting him, when he instead started gervinho who played major parts in the 3 goals, encouraged reading to get stuck in, ie kick the shit out of us.

massive twat of a commentator

Marc Overmars
30-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Most ex-London based players turned pundits hate us for some reason.

IBK
30-03-2013, 10:00 PM
I decided to go to the Emirates and was pleased I did. Reading were poor, it has to be said, but we played with a tempo that is rare for us these days, and the experience was better because of it. Cazorla is a genius.

LDG
30-03-2013, 10:24 PM
I decided to go to the Emirates and was pleased I did. Reading were poor, it has to be said, but we played with a tempo that is rare for us these days, and the experience was better because of it. Cazorla is a genius.

Well done. You. Posh. ****.

Injury Time
30-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Well done. You. Posh. ****.

Pissed little bit?

LDG
30-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Pissed little bit?

Not yet. I'm trying!!

Cocked myself up yesterday by going mental. Now I have the resistance of a bent nun.

GP
30-03-2013, 11:46 PM
You're not fake, no. You speak more sense than most.

haha lol jk?

Cripps_orig
31-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Arsène Wenger addressed the media after his side beat Reading 4-1 at Emirates Stadium.

on the win…
We enjoyed the game. I enjoyed our technical side, our creative side, our spirit and how disciplined and focused we were. The regret you have is that there were more goals in this game than the number of goals we scored. Overall, it's a good basis to finish the season well. Let's just keep that spirit, that attitude and play the football we want to play.

on Monreal's injury…
It's not bad, two or three days. He hit the post. It's bruised on the hip I think.

on Wilshere and Walcott's injuries…
I don't think Jack will return next week at West Brom, Maybe the after. Theo has a chance to be fit again next week.

on Gervinho…
Gervinho's performance was very strong. He was always dangerous. He always looked like he could score. He gave assists and scored. I believe that sometimes Gervinho has lost confidence because he played in a very negative atmosphere during a period. Strikers need confidence, and [with] his game, even more. He's always taking the ball, going forward and provoking [the play]. Now he has found his confidence back, he's a very dangerous player. At the Africa Cup of Nations, for me he was the best striker. He is the type of player who is difficult to find because they always go at people.

on if Arsenal are playing for third now…
What we do is we look at the table and we are still behind Chelsea and Tottenham. We are not in a calculation mode. We can just win our next game and continue to do what we do at the moment. We are on a run so let's take care of the quality of our game and that run. After, we'll see where we stand. It will be less predictable than it was predicted. We have a word to say in that and we want to give our best to do it.

on Chelsea's upcoming fixtures in three different competitions…
I don't know. We will see in the end. It can be very positive if you are on a good run, and very negative if you are in bad form. Let's just take care of the way we play, take care of our spirit and give it all. We have the experience, we have done it before and it is what we want to do again. I am sure we will but it demands a lot of dedication and nerves until the end.

on if Arsenal should have had a penalty when Giroud went down...
I thought it was a penalty but the referee said it was not. And I have learned from my long experience that the referee is always right.

on goal difference…
Let's make sure it does not go to goal difference, and if it does, that it is in our favour. At the moment, I believe we have +26, Chelsea +27 and Tottenham +15. That means there is a long way to go. At the moment, we are at the same level as Chelsea, and it is down to us. If we win our games, we will have a better goal difference, that is all we can do.

on if Gervinho is playing for his future…
Gervinho did not play for his future, he was just playing for his club. That is what every player does. We are a group of players who want to go for it, and to go for it together. Sometimes Gervinho plays, sometimes Walcott, sometimes Podolski, but we can only do it if we all have the same target and do it together.

on Diaby's injury…
That was the shock of the week for us because I thought originally it was just a little twist of the knee. When they told me it was a rupture of his cruciate, and when you know what this guys has gone through, how many times he has worked day and night to come back in rehab, it is just demoralising. I hope he will find the resources and the strength to come back, because he was quite down. When you look at the number of problems he had, the surgeries, he is 26 years old and has had four or five big surgeries. That demands a lot of mental strength to come back and I hope he will not give up and will continue.

Forgot to mention the foul on Giroud. How the hell wasn't that a penalty?

BOBN
31-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Gervinho utter garbage
Even when utter garbage he matched wilsheres output for the entire season in one game. What a player :patrice:

Xhaka Can’t
31-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Potato/10

Niall_Quinn
31-03-2013, 02:30 AM
Even when utter garbage he matched wilsheres output for the entire season in one game. What a player :patrice:

And yet Wilshere has scored more goals than Fabianski, thus making him the better goalkeeper.

BOBN
31-03-2013, 08:07 AM
And yet Wilshere has scored more goals than Fabianski, thus making him the better goalkeeper.
Im including assists :pal:

LDG
31-03-2013, 08:58 AM
"We are not in calculation mode" :haha:

"Let's make sure it does not go to goal difference, and if it does, that it is in our favour. At the moment, I believe we have +26, Chelsea +27 and Tottenham +15."

:haha:

Lord Nelson
31-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Been saying that for ages! Rosicky is better than both Arteta and Ramsay! To be honest, we should play Arshavin instead of Ramsay! Wenger out.

GP
31-03-2013, 11:46 AM
No we shouldn't.

Xhaka Can’t
31-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Maybe, maybe not.

Cripps_orig
31-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Been saying that for ages! Rosicky is better than both Arteta and Ramsay! To be honest, we should play Arshavin instead of Ramsay! Wenger out.

Pretty much. Ridiculous how Arshavin has been frozen out

Özim
31-03-2013, 12:03 PM
"We are not in calculation mode" :haha:

"Let's make sure it does not go to goal difference, and if it does, that it is in our favour. At the moment, I believe we have +26, Chelsea +27 and Tottenham +15."

:haha:
Ok, but when is the waiting period? :unsure:

Özil's Panoramic View
31-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Watching the delayed airing of this game on FSC....

Gervinho can dribble without a doubt, briskly too, but can't take a proper shot to save his life.

GP
31-03-2013, 04:11 PM
You just never feel like he's really any threat.

He confuses defenders for sure, he just confuses himself more.

Injury Time
31-03-2013, 04:24 PM
You just never feel like he's really any threat.

He confuses defenders for sure, he just confuses himself more.

He reminds me of the swordsman...with Indie as any half #decent defender...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Özil's Panoramic View
31-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Kos is a bit awesome.

Master Splinter
31-03-2013, 05:01 PM
MON :haha: :haha:.

Alpha
31-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Maybe it's unreasonable to expect more and time to accept we have become a completely unremarkable and almost talentless mid table outfit. In which case 4-1 against one of the worst teams ever to foul the premiership is a good result. Still, the worst first half of football you are ever likely to see. Gervinho and Giroud utter garbage, Arteta has really gone downhill, Ramsey works so hard but he's so awful. Even so, no matter what dross we have out there now it was enough to dominate a Reading team that shouldn't be within a mile of this league.

In the end 4-1 was a sad result, Reading were that bad. Should have been 10-0, conceding the goal was humiliating. Cazorla tried to play but was prevented by all the shit around him. Ox looked lively when he came on and Pods looked overweight. Rosicky anonymous apart from his glaring miss.

3 points but we really stink. If we finish 4th it is a terrible condemnation of English football. But I think we will because the spuds are just as bad as us.

Poor Arsenal players . They can never satisfy their own fans . If they win a game : oh it was just Reading . The score was not big enough . If they draw : they can't win anything . If they lose , they are shit .

Özil's Panoramic View
31-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Poor Arsenal players . They can never satisfy their own fans . If they win a game : oh it was just Reading . The score was not big enough . If they draw : they can't win anything . If they lose , they are shit .

This they have been for quite some time and still currently are regardless of any result, on any day, against any team, tbh.

This view makes me no less of a fan though, as I will always passionately love and support the Arsenal for a lifetime.

Letters
31-03-2013, 08:03 PM
As shit are Reading are they haven't been getting thumped left, right and centre all season.
Checked on statto.com and I think they've only been beaten by 3 goals away from home once before this season.
It was a good performance and a good result.
Yes, it's 'only Reading' but you've still got to beat them and we did.

Ollie the Optimist
31-03-2013, 08:17 PM
all week i heard from people "its typical arsenal to draw/lose to them" "we never win after an international break" "new manager syndrome" etc etc

arsenal answer those questions, same people "its only reading" pathetic

Cripps_orig
31-03-2013, 08:34 PM
I'd love Arsenal to have new manager syndrome.

Munchies
31-03-2013, 09:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJiiy0YGxD4

Özil's Panoramic View
31-03-2013, 09:30 PM
The bit about other clubs knowing how much money we have in the bank and will try to "fleece" us had me ROTFL.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-04-2013, 10:33 AM
As shit are Reading are they haven't been getting thumped left, right and centre all season.
Checked on statto.com and I think they've only been beaten by 3 goals away from home once before this season.
It was a good performance and a good result.
Yes, it's 'only Reading' but you've still got to beat them and we did.

You are right. . .although its nothing new to hear the negative comments. . .after all it was only Bayern, pointless game!

Cant wait for when we get to say it was only UTD! :cloud9:

Marc Overmars
01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
After another car crash of a season which leaves us playing for 3 months with only St Totteringhams Day to aim for, fans can be forgiven for being apathetic or at least unconvinced by nothing wins like this.

Cripps_orig
01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
You are right. . .although its nothing new to hear the negative comments. . .after all it was only Bayern, pointless game!

Cant wait for when we get to say it was only UTD! :cloud9:
We lost to Bayern...

Xhaka Can’t
01-04-2013, 11:10 AM
We lost to Bayern...

You're both wrong.

Niall_Quinn
01-04-2013, 11:17 AM

You are overcomplicating things. All I'm saying is most of them are shit, win, lose or draw.

Niall_Quinn
01-04-2013, 11:19 AM
We lost to Bayern...

Only in terms of who went through and who got knocked out, if you really want to be picky about it.

Power n Glory
01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
We did what was required and just have to hope the team can remain focussed for this final run.