PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs West Brom

Marc Overmars
06-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Big 3 points, especially after the red card.

2 home games on the spin now. Norwich and then the all important game in hand against Everton.

6 points is a must.

fakeyank
06-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Hope the c*nts lose tomorrow!

McNamara That Ghost...
06-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Well done Arsenal, despite nearly cocking it up again.

Glad Clarke was negative to start with - leaving Lukaku on the bench.

Joker
06-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Somewhat shoddy performance again but we seem to be able to pick up wins despite not playing well in the last month and a half. Great play by Rosicky who should have been starting much earlier in the season, while Ramsey actually looked decent today. However, Giroud looks tired and IMO should be dropped for someone like Podolski for the next game. He's not really offering anything.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Went absolutely according to script a la my OP in the match thread.

In the end, glad we were able to grind out a win when we found our backs against the wall.

Massive 3 points.

Get In Gooners!

fakeyank
06-04-2013, 04:07 PM
The fucks happened to Podolski though? He had some really good games, the last I remember of him. Is he still an Arsenal player??

Özil's Panoramic View
06-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Hope the c*nts lose tomorrow!

Oh, and this^^ also.

The Emirates Gallactico
06-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Massive Three Points.

Fuck off Webb.

Rosicky is back.

Hope the fascist and Moyes help us tomorrow.

Third place is ours.

Don't fuck this up.

Özim
06-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Good win in the battle for the "I don't give a sh*t" 4th place.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-04-2013, 04:27 PM
We heard you the 1st 10000036540 times, you know.

No need to keep re-iterating same.

Globalgunner
06-04-2013, 04:30 PM
The fucks happened to Podolski though? He had some really good games, the last I remember of him. Is he still an Arsenal player??

My guess is Podolski must have forgotten that Wenger speaks German. maybe he was overheard telling Merts what a shit ass organisation Our set up is. Must be miles from the way is is done at Bayern.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I don't think Poldi is going to hold his time at Bayern with too much reverence.

hymppi
06-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Something big could be happening behind the scenes, with Szez not even on the bench and Poldi not getting any field time.

Anyway, big three points for us today.
Rosicky! He was amazing. Scored two and was better 'keeper than Fabianski :lol:

Munchies
06-04-2013, 04:41 PM
This happens every year, Rosicky seems to get a zolt up his arse whenever he needs to play for a new contract :lol:

http://i.minus.com/i2UpC0Ka4gfsz.gif

http://i.minus.com/i2mShqwQd7TIc.gif

Niall_Quinn
06-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Urgent requirement in the summer to sell Mertesacker and Giroud and replace with proper footballers. These guys are mega fuck ups and so slow it must be an in-joke of some sort how they get a game.

Odd to see us not collapsing under pressure. Down to 9 and facing WBA, Webb and Giroud I expected us to crumble. But they hung on and grabbed a narrow win from the jaws of a straightforward victory. Wenger tried but he couldn't haul WBA back into it. First he took off our pace and one of our only outlets, then he removed the player linking the midfield and finally he snuffed out the last bit of technical quality. But the donkeys remaining defied him and hoofed their way to 3 points.

Webb ran out of time trying to get all our players in the book, despite conjuring up 6 minutes extra.

These kind of mud and farts performances might drag us into 4th or even 3rd if the chavs go on holidays early. It's all very undignified and an insult to football but seeing the Utd/ Chav match it's clear we aren't the only shite in this league. Far from it.

Hidden in the piles of excrement there were some top quality moments from Rosicky, a throw back to the technical and direct football we used to play. This made the game worth the watch. His first touch and direct strike (well saved) and his sharpness in the follow up and neat finish ( Giroud :sulk: Ramsey :sulk: ) showed the rest how it should be done.

Monreal was okay at the back, stayed nice and tight to his man all match. Sagna is finished, obviously.

Master Splinter
06-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Excellent result against Webb Bromwich Albion.

Grit, determination, spirit, belief, grit.

Mertesacker had already tried to undo our good work before he got sent off. The defence held out well though, like they did against Sunderland.

Rosicky :bow:.

Arteta, Ramsey, Gervinho and Fabianski all did well too.

And Koscielny is a bit awesome.

I hope Walcott and Wilshere actually have to earn their way into the team.

Globalgunner
06-04-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't think Poldi is going to hold his time at Bayern with too much reverence.\\

He did actually win things there. CL, multiple titles and German cups.......What do you think he is going to win under Wenger...Ah yes 4th place is a trophy. we always do well in that one, Bloody Hell sometimes we even come 3rd

Syn
06-04-2013, 04:55 PM
It was a pretty poor performance and we were very, very lucky to escape with the 3 points. Webb didn't give them a penalty for Koscielny's foul in the box in the first half. When Mertesacker played a stupid pass, Kos did well to take a yellow or else WBA were 2 on 1 and in on goal. Then they were one-on-one and Mertesacker had to take the sending off. Flappy was flapping throughout and they also had a couple of horrendous misses at the end. Not sure how Lukaku missed his chance.

But, anyway, need Man Utd to batter Man City tomorrow and the second place is coming home.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-04-2013, 05:06 PM
\\

He did actually win things there. CL, multiple titles and German cups.......What do you think he is going to win under Wenger...Ah yes 4th place is a trophy. we always do well in that one, Bloody Hell sometimes we even come 3rd

He didn't win a Champions League, he won the Bundesliga once. It's not really relevant anyway because we know it didn't work out for him there.

Munchies
06-04-2013, 05:19 PM
We should have went for Demba Ba, does what Giroud does but a million times better

Master Splinter
06-04-2013, 05:31 PM
We should have went for Demba Ba, does what Giroud does but a million times better

He does? Outside of the box he offers little. He's hardly been prolific since he joined Chelsea either.

Just because Giroud has had a few average games recently, it doesn't make a player who did well at a smaller club better than him based on highlights. Giroud generally defends well for the team in addition to his link play (see him setting up Ramsey today).

We could better than Giroud of course, but that certainly wouldn't be Ba.

LDG
06-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Magic. Love it when we win.

Despite webb, we played ok, i guess. Done what we needed to do, innit.

Good performance from Kos and fabianski again.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-04-2013, 05:43 PM
No fucking thanks to Ba.

LDG
06-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Arteta was decent again today. Stopped the rot on a few occasions.

LDG
06-04-2013, 05:46 PM
No fucking thanks to Ba.

He hasn't any wall.

GP
06-04-2013, 05:48 PM
He hasn't any wall.

Racist.

I do like his celebration though, pretending to do a line, the cheeky scamp.

LDG
06-04-2013, 05:56 PM
What would we do without walcott?

Xhaka Can’t
06-04-2013, 06:01 PM
This happens every year, Rosicky seems to get a zolt up his arse whenever he needs to play for a new contract :lol:

Thanks for that - no need to put myself through the torture that is motd.

Letters
06-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Good win in the battle for the "I don't give a sh*t" 4th place.
You're obviously not happy whatever our results any more, why bother following the club at all?

Xhaka Can’t
06-04-2013, 06:11 PM
:gp:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-04-2013, 06:14 PM
gotta love Gervinho's better late than never start to the season. Add Brains to his new found confidence and he'd be a world beater.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-04-2013, 06:18 PM
it does make you wonder where these kind of performances and results were earlier on in the season or in crucial cup ties. Don't get me wrong it's good that we've pulled back from the brink and really leveraging pressure on spurs and on chelsea who seem in free fall, it just makes it more frustrating that they follow on from the toothless fa cup exits year in year out.
It just seems that when the pressure is on to acheive our minimum expectation we come out fighting, but when it comes to actually acheiving anything we go out with a whimper. And this season is endemic of so many seasons gone by, i just really hope it's the last we put ourselves in this stupid situation.

Cripps_orig
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Rosicky is awesome.

Verm and Kos our CBs v Norwich spells defeat

Giroud is shit. Time Ba came home

Lord Nelson
06-04-2013, 06:29 PM
it does make you wonder where these kind of performances and results were earlier on in the season or in crucial cup ties. Don't get me wrong it's good that we've pulled back from the brink and really leveraging pressure on spurs and on chelsea who seem in free fall, it just makes it more frustrating that they follow on from the toothless fa cup exits year in year out.
It just seems that when the pressure is on to acheive our minimum expectation we come out fighting, but when it comes to actually acheiving anything we go out with a whimper. And this season is endemic of so many seasons gone by, i just really hope it's the last we put ourselves in this stupid situation.
This is one of the down sides if we get fourth place! We will get the same shit next season!

Özim
06-04-2013, 06:31 PM
You're obviously not happy whatever our results any more, why bother following the club at all?
I'm not happy no, this is the usual run we get almost every season, we end up 4th and everything is hunkydory, who gives a f*ck anymore what difference does being in the CL make, we won't sign top players because of it and will get knocked out in the usual fashion.

I can see Wenger harping on about the unbeaten run at the end of the season, these wins are pretty meaningless to me.

Marc Overmars
06-04-2013, 06:31 PM

This is the terminal problem with the team, the burden of expectation crushes them every season and they only start to recover once everyone stops talking about them.

Özim
06-04-2013, 06:33 PM
:goodpost: It won't be the last time though, it will happen every season until Wenger finally does the decent thing and leaves.

Lord Nelson
06-04-2013, 06:40 PM
:goodpost: It won't be the last time though, it will happen every season until Wenger finally does the decent thing and leaves.
That's what I just said man! Totally agree!

Xhaka Can’t
06-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Didn't watch it - its a win however, and if wins don't please you, this probably isn't the sport or team for you.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-04-2013, 06:45 PM

And what guarantee do we have that we do any better with someone else?. I think Wenger has eaten up a lot of goodwill, but frankly he's still deserving of more respect than people like you give him. None of us have any real idea about how the club is being run, all we have is hear say....my main issue with the club is the amount of players we have on stupid wages who don't even play let alone the players who don't play well enough, but we know it's a problem that goes well beyond Arsenal.
All i can see is that's he has been asked to do the same each season with less and less in the hope that we are able to spend big in the summer of 2014.

Letters
06-04-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm not happy no.
Stop watching then. That's what I'm doing.
But I'm still pleased when we win. What's the point in supporting a club if I'm not?
I don't think any of us are happy about things at the club but most of us still enjoy a win.

I don't much care whether we finish top 4 in as much as I'm less bothered about us being in the CL than I used to be - we're clearly not going to win the thing. That said, it's better than being in the Europa league, at least I can enjoy some of the games in the CL even if we don't ultimately have a chance of winning it. None of us think a top 4 finish will paper over the cracks, they're way too big.

But mostly, I want to finish above the Spuds. It's sad that it's come to this, my one bit of enjoyment from the season could be an unexpected St Totteringham's Day. But there we have it, we are where we are. I can't abide the thought of the Spuds finishing above us for the first time in yonks.

So: :patrice: about today's win and come on Arsenal for next Saturday and the rest of the season. Otherwise what's the point?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
you can equivocate all you like, but no matter what the context of where we are in the season if you can't appreciate it when your side wins than your not really a fan of the club

Syn
06-04-2013, 07:06 PM
It's going to be pretty fucking funny if we finish 2nd.

Letters
06-04-2013, 07:10 PM
It's going to be pretty fucking funny if we finish 2nd.
It would show how bloody awful the PL is this year if we do. It has been a poor season all round.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-04-2013, 07:15 PM
It's going to be pretty fucking funny if when we finish 2nd.

Fixed.

I can never understand a Gooner being so devastated when we win.

I know shit is fucked up, but I still enjoy watching my team play and even more thrilled when we pull off a win.

I prefer us in CL than not, even if we never make it pass the knock-out phase.

Most of all, I relish keeping the scum in their rightful place as our perennial shadow dwellers - it is a bit of an unheralded feat as I can't think of any other mid to top level club that have consistently kept their closest and fiercest rival below them as Wenger has done since he arrived here.

I really hope this is the summer the Board ****s give him the green light to "spend some fucking money!" and mount a proper challenge next season.

milla
06-04-2013, 07:19 PM

Though he still got 18 months in his contract. Nothing to do with contract but rather Wumger persistent with his under performing players. :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-04-2013, 07:28 PM
The full match is on SS2 now.

Özim
06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Didn't watch it - its a win however, and if wins don't please you, this probably isn't the sport or team for you.
Meaningless wins? No they don't particularly please me.

Özim
06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
And what guarantee do we have that we do any better with someone else?. I think Wenger has eaten up a lot of goodwill, but frankly he's still deserving of more respect than people like you give him. None of us have any real idea about how the club is being run, all we have is hear say....my main issue with the club is the amount of players we have on stupid wages who don't even play let alone the players who don't play well enough, but we know it's a problem that goes well beyond Arsenal.
All i can see is that's he has been asked to do the same each season with less and less in the hope that we are able to spend big in the summer of 2014.
There's no guarantee, but at least we'd have hope back.

Nowadays we're no hopers, on top of that our football is dull, our players are average and our manager or more boring than watching paint dry.

Letters
06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Finishing above Spurs should never be meaningless to an Arsenal fan.

Letters
06-04-2013, 07:37 PM
our manager or more boring than watching paint dry.

Coming out with the same sort of thing over and over again?

#irony

Özim
06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
But I'm still pleased when we win. What's the point in supporting a club if I'm not?
I don't think any of us are happy about things at the club but most of us still enjoy a win.

I don't much care whether we finish top 4 in as much as I'm less bothered about us being in the CL than I used to be - we're clearly not going to win the thing. That said, it's better than being in the Europa league, at least I can enjoy some of the games in the CL even if we don't ultimately have a chance of winning it. None of us think a top 4 finish will paper over the cracks, they're way too big.

But mostly, I want to finish above the Spuds. It's sad that it's come to this, my one bit of enjoyment from the season could be an unexpected St Totteringham's Day. But there we have it, we are where we are. I can't abide the thought of the Spuds finishing above us for the first time in yonks.

So: :patrice: about today's win and come on Arsenal for next Saturday and the rest of the season. Otherwise what's the point?
I didn't watch it, the truth is I don't overly care about the results at the moment because in my eyes nothing is going to change, we'll be having the same conversation next season no doubt, just like last season and the season before etc etc.

I wouldn't mind being in the Europa League to be honest, it would represent a change from the same old same old we see every season.

Özim
06-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Coming out with the same sort of thing over and over again?

#irony
I wouldn't have to if anything changed.

Özim
06-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Finishing above Spurs should never be meaningless to an Arsenal fan.
Double edged sword, I want us to finish above them but at the same time I can't bare the thought of Wenger harping on about how well we've done again.

Özim
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Fixed.

I can never understand a Gooner being so devastated when we win.

I know shit is fucked up, but I still enjoy watching my team play and even more thrilled when we pull off a win.

I prefer us in CL than not, even if we never make it pass the knock-out phase.

Most of all, I relish keeping the scum in their rightful place as our perennial shadow dwellers - it is a bit of an unheralded feat as I can't think of any other mid to top level club that have consistently kept their closest and fiercest rival below them as Wenger has done since he arrived here.

I really hope this is the summer the Board ****s give him the green light to "spend some fucking money!" and mount a proper challenge next season.
Devastated? You must have it wrong, I'm not devastated at all, just really don't care that much.

As for the CL, I basically don't enjoy any of our games, it's all too predictable. So if we didn't make it I couldn't care less, I'd rather see us in the Europa League which is more our level.

Xhaka Can’t
06-04-2013, 07:48 PM
If you don't care that much, why do you feel the need to post about it so much?

More to the point - why here?

Özim
06-04-2013, 07:50 PM
If you don't care that much, why do you feel the need to post about it so much?

More to the point - why here?
I'm being polite and replying to posts. I care about the club, I just dislike most of the things about it at the moment, that will change once the Frenchie leaves.

Xhaka Can’t
06-04-2013, 07:53 PM
But it might not.

In fact I'm sure it won't - not with the ownership and Board situation. I know you - in fact all of us would like it to be that simple - but things rarely are.

Özim
06-04-2013, 07:55 PM
It will change, a new manager will change things, he won't do what Wenger does that's for sure. Is there a more boring manager on the planet? The guy doesn't seem to understand what makes fans happy.

We might not win etc but at least we'll have hope back.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-04-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm being polite and replying to posts. I care about the club, I just dislike most of the things about it at the moment, that will change once the Frenchie leaves.

If you think the "Frenchie" leaving will be the end all to our ills, then you sir, are even more deluded than said "Frenchie".

Özim
06-04-2013, 08:01 PM
If you think the "Frenchie" leaving will be the end all to our ills, then you sir, are even more deluded than said "Frenchie".
Maybe not the end of our problems but it'll be a good start, like I said we'll have hope back.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Maybe not the end of our problems but it'll be a good start, like I said we'll have hope back.

So what magic will a new manager work with this penny pinching Board?

Wenger seems on his way out, yes. But he deserves better than the acrimony and vitriol some fans have been aiming at him whilst he comes to the end of his tenure.

He's done too much for The Club to be hounded out in such a fashion. We've always been up there with the rest and always fought for the 1st spot since his arrival, barring the last few few years. He has one season left on his current contract, and I don't see him leaving us close to the level we were when he took charge.

Cut the man some slack, ffs. He deserves that much.

Niall_Quinn
06-04-2013, 08:24 PM
But mostly, I want to finish above the Spuds.

Yep. This is the whole season now. It's petty, childish, a touch humiliating considering they used to be shit on our shoe, but it's also one of those events that needs to be achieved and filed away each year.

Özim
06-04-2013, 09:12 PM
So what magic will a new manager work with this penny pinching Board?

Wenger seems on his way out, yes. But he deserves better than the acrimony and vitriol some fans have been aiming at him whilst he comes to the end of his tenure.

He's done too much for The Club to be hounded out in such a fashion. We've always been up there with the rest and always fought for the 1st spot since his arrival, barring the last few few years. He has one season left on his current contract, and I don't see him leaving us close to the level we were when he took charge.

Cut the man some slack, ffs. He deserves that much.
Change, some sort of attempt to try and succeed, a willingness to adapt and change when things aren't working.

I've got no sympathy or sentiment for the guy, that's what 8 years of stubborness, lies, amateur management and failure does. Too many people absolve him of blame that lies firmly at his feet, he's made plenty of puzzling decisions that even a rookie manager wouldn't make.

I can't wait for him to be our on his ear.

BOBN
06-04-2013, 09:15 PM
gotta love Gervinho's better late than never start to the season. Add Brains to his new found confidence and he'd be a world beater.
Pretty much.

Next to Carzola the most naturally talented player at the club.

fakeyank
06-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Cazorla was non-existent today

Kos, Nacho, Ramsey, Arteta, Rosicky and Gervinho were awesome

Mertesacker is like an old big truck turning but still a better option than Vermaelen. Sagna started well but got shit towards the end.

Fabianski should be more vocal but is a much more calming GK than Szhezza

Giroud did not have a very good game but he does a very good job pulling defenders with him (sample second goal). I do not understand the criticism of him sometimes... if anyone has ever played as a central forward in their life, will know how good he is with his runs.. sorry, take that back, anyone who has ever played football will know that too. Still, he wasnt as good as his other games. Will definitely improve on his 16 goals by the end of the season.

The subs were ok... Vermaelen scares me anytime and everytime!

Letters
06-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Double edged sword, I want us to finish above them but at the same time I can't bare the thought of Wenger harping on about how well we've done again.
You keep saying you don't listen to anything he says any more anyway so that won't be a problem.

If we finish above Spurs he'll come out with a load of nonsense about how well we've done.
If we don't he'll just sugar coat it and come out with a different load of nonsense.
Most managers do, tbh.

There is no down-side to us finishing above Spurs and as a Gooner it doesn't make any sense to want anything else. It's a bit sad that it's all we have to cling to these days but it's all we've got.

Marc Overmars
06-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Pretty much.

Next to Carzola the most naturally talented player at the club.

He could be a very effective player but his lack of composure has always been the biggest problem.

Lord Nelson
06-04-2013, 10:24 PM
He could be a very effective player but his lack of composure has always been the biggest problem.
Just watched the highlights on BBC. TBH, we have fallen a long way since the invincibles, we are fucking ordinary, thanks to the board and Arsene (mr bean) Wenger! If we finish 4th, this shit will continue!

GP
06-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Just watched the highlights on BBC. TBH, we have fallen a long way since the invincibles, we are fucking ordinary, thanks to the board and Arsene (mr bean) Wenger! If we finish 4th, this shit will continue!

If we finish lower, we get less money, and you think that will make them spend?

Herp, and indeed, derp.

Xhaka Can’t
06-04-2013, 11:06 PM
I like that there are grown adults that have no memory of what it was like to have Spurs finish above us.

I would like it even more for that to continue to be the case.

The Emirates Gallactico
06-04-2013, 11:13 PM

Herp, and indeed, derp.

:lol::lol::lol: This exactly.

I've never understood the argument that it'd be better to finish fifth then fourth to give the board a wake up call.

If the board haven't woken up already after seeing our ever worse PL finishes, our dwindling matchday support, the increase in antagonism towards the board and Wenger, the hostile shareholder meetings etc etc then they're not going wake up after finishing outside the top four.

We're not going to suddenly spend a fortune if we finish outside the CL places. In fact it'd be more like the opposite.

Give me top four anyday.

Cripps_orig
06-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Having watched MOTD, Webb had a shocker. No way was Mert a red and WBA should have had a penalty as well

Rosicky is indeed awesome. Kos as pointed out by the excellent MOTD pundits was out of position many times but fortunately not punished.

Fabianski has morphed back in to Flappyanski. Didn't notice either full back or Cazorla. Who was our captain today btw?

Giroud isn't very good.

Still, a win when being outplayed is the stuff of champions and more importantly this win ensures we can't finish in the bottom 3.

"We have played in the top league for 90+ years"

:Wenger:

The Emirates Gallactico
06-04-2013, 11:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU0pPnuvyNI

Guy getting interviewed looks a lot like Letters :unsure::unsure::unsure:

GP
06-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Not really

Xhaka Can’t
06-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Is the guy getting ready out of shot?

Cripps_orig
06-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Arsène Wenger spoke to the media after Arsenal secured a 2-1 victory at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday afternoon.

on the win…
It was a difficult game against a good West Brom side who were really up for it. They did fight until the last second and we have shown two aspects of our game today. One that was very in control and with technical quality, and one that is less known - fighting spirit, a resolute attitude and battling qualities that reflect well the spirit we have in our side. I’m very pleased because it was three big points for us today.

on being on a great run…
I believe that since November we have been on a good run in the Premier League. We have made 22 points out of the last 27 but our target is to continue to do that until the end of the season.

on how long it took before he was allowed to bring on Vermaelen after the red card…
There were many things that I did not understand today, many decisions. But we had to take that on the chin and win the game. We couldn’t bring him on. I don’t know why.

on the red card…
I don’t complain for the sending off. It was a professional foul. He was the last man. It was a penalty and a red card.

on Rosicky’s performance…
Fantastic. He’s an important player for us. Unfortuantely he was injured for a long time but every year he gives us a little push at the end of the season. That is very important.

on Gervinho…
He has another assist. He is dangerous. When you have to defend, it’s a bit more difficult for him. As long as you have the ball and are going forward, he always looks dangerous.

on Vermaelen’s performance…
He did very well when he came in. I have three quality centre backs and I rotate. In recent times I played only Koscielny and Mertesacker because we won the games and there was no obvious reason to change. Thomas is a quality player.

on wanting to keep Rosicky…
I hope he finishes his career with us. He still has one year on his contract. I rate him very highly.

on what gives him most satisfaction…
Us winning the game. We now we have one target - to win our games. Then we do not have to look at Tottenham or at Chelsea. If we lose our games, you have always to look at the results of the others. That doesn’t work in our job. You have to focus on you and you win the games. Because we are behind them, our attitude is simple. We have to win the games.

on if he has a points target…
I believe we will do it. We are conscious that it will demand 100 per cent commitment in every single game. It will be difficult and edgy until the end but the only thing I can say is that we are ready for a fight.

on Wilshere and Walcott’s injuries…
Both of them could be available [next week].

on the race for a top-four finish...
Everybody looks at each other’s results but I believe sometimes that can get the focus away from your own performance. We always tell the players that we don’t focus on anybody else, just on us and perform well.

Should Jack and Theo come back in?

Not a fan of Gervinho but I am a big fan of playing players in form which Gervinho seems to be so him ahead of Theo.

Likewise Rosicky pisses on Jack so he stays in. Arteta though :wave:

BOBN
07-04-2013, 08:44 AM
:lol::lol::lol: This exactly.

I've never understood the argument that it'd be better to finish fifth then fourth to give the board a wake up call.

If the board haven't woken up already after seeing our ever worse PL finishes, our dwindling matchday support, the increase in antagonism towards the board and Wenger, the hostile shareholder meetings etc etc then they're not going wake up after finishing outside the top four.

We're not going to suddenly spend a fortune if we finish outside the CL places. In fact it'd be more like the opposite.

Give me top four anyday.
There was a good debate on this on the Footballistically Arsenal podcast. Underrated pod tbh.

milla
07-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Should Jack and Theo come back in?

Not a fan of Gervinho but I am a big fan of playing players in form which Gervinho seems to be so him ahead of Theo.

Likewise Rosicky pisses on Jack so he stays in. Arteta though :wave:

Drop Ramsey, gives Jack the 2nd CM role. Feo stays on the bench. :coffee:

Tipsychubbs
07-04-2013, 10:54 AM

He's always easily been one of our best players. Injuries have prevented him from reaching his full potential. The timing of the run in the 1st goal, the first touch and volley in the second, class. He's also one of the few in the squad who drives our attacks forward with purpose, rather than just pass pass pass.

Dennis Bendtner
07-04-2013, 11:16 AM
You have to wonder how we held on for the win judging by the highlights. God was on our side. One of their back-post headers from a corner and Lukaku's combed effort looked absolute certain goals. God is great.

Özim
07-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Gervinho's effort for the 1st goal seemed to be going in before Rosicky headed it in, would have been a great goal by him.

Rosicky is decent, there's always been a question mark about him staying fit, he's never shown that he can stay fit so it would be foolish to rely on him, he does drive attacks forward, not as direct as he once was as he's a bit older and perhaps has lost some pace but still purposeful. His best years are behind him however at the age of 32.

Marc Overmars
07-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Rosicky has always had a spring to his play that our midfield lack. I can understand the doubts over his fitness but he has been grossly underused by Wenget once again.

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Rosicky has always had a spring to his play that our midfield lack. I can understand the doubts over his fitness but he has been grossly underused by Wenget once again.

He little bit does not play enough square and back passes so doesn't fit into our very "technical" style of play. He needs to start giving the ball away a lot more if he wants to secure a regular starting spot.

Power n Glory
07-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Wenger takes too long to react. Rosicky should have been playing months ago when we looked flat and really struggling for form. I said in a previous post that it would be worth giving him along with Gervinho and Ox a run in the team. It shouldn't take injuries for him to make changes because it's forced rather than good management and spotting when the team needs an injection and boost. It was the same last season. If Ramsey hadn't have picked up an injury, Rosicky wouldn't have played towards the end of last season. This season, Jack and Diaby would probably be playing ahead of Rosicky if they were available. It's like he has tunnel vision sometimes. I still think we could have made use of Arshavin in the squad. Makes no sense to freeze him out of the team when he has the ability to score and assist.

Letters
07-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Guy getting interviewed looks a lot like Letters :unsure::unsure::unsure:
I'm not that fat you cheeky git!

Tipsychubbs
07-04-2013, 12:55 PM
I didn't watch it, the truth is I don't overly care about the results at the moment because in my eyes nothing is going to change, we'll be having the same conversation next season no doubt, just like last season and the season before etc etc.

I wouldn't mind being in the Europa League to be honest, it would represent a change from the same old same old we see every season.

The football holds little interest, I am glad we won but in reality we all seem to be in a long term wait for the next manager, because AW has basically become the caretaker manager for now, keeping things ticking along before we can move to the next level again.

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 01:02 PM
There's also the wait for Stan to cash out and the question of who will slide in after him. Most likely Usmanov but the encouraging news about Berezovsky gives us some hope.

Lord Nelson
07-04-2013, 04:12 PM

Herp, and indeed, derp.
We have qualified for the last 14 years and have still spent less money than the Spuds! The board may pack it in if they don't get their 4th place cash cow? Then we could have Usmanov putting some real cash in! Job done!

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 05:08 PM
We have qualified for the last 14 years and have still spent less money than the Spuds! The board may pack it in if they don't get their 4th place cash cow? Then we could have Usmanov putting some real cash in! Job done!

You mean Usmanov the vile criminal? Is that what we are saving up for?

Cripps_orig
07-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Why is he a criminal?

Time Usmanov came home

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Why is he a criminal?

Time Usmanov came home

Theft, corruption, murder, the usual oligarch stuff.

Cripps_orig
07-04-2013, 05:41 PM
As long as he's got money and spends it on the best players available and not b listers like your beloved Cazorla, Giroud, Kos etc then that's all that matters

IBK
07-04-2013, 05:55 PM

Was going to post something like this a while back. They've reduced us to their perennial level.

Still, can't wait to finish above the new best team in England, with the best player on earth.

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 05:57 PM
As long as he's got money and spends it on the best players available and not b listers like your beloved Cazorla, Giroud, Kos etc then that's all that matters

No, what really matters is how aware the general public in this country is of his criminal background. Or more accurately to what degree a corrupt media makes the public aware, or shields the facts. Some might have happily accepted Jimmy Saville as the owner of the club prior to media acknowledgement of what many already knew. Maybe if Saville was alive and had been jailed for six years and then pardoned by a crony friend who'd muscled his way into a position of authority some would still be okay accepting money from a serial paedophile (and worse). Unfortunately Usmanov is a considerable more shady character than Saville, fortunately (for him) the media is content to ignore his past.

Lord Nelson
07-04-2013, 06:22 PM
You mean Usmanov the vile criminal? Is that what we are saving up for?

Erm..... Proof??

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Erm..... Proof??

Erm... Google?

Fat boy had his lengthy criminal record wiped away by his thug mate Karimov. The **** even hired a PR firm to wipe his record from Wikipedia. Even so, people such as Craig Murray (former ambassador to Uzbekistan IIRC) knew him well enough to spill the beans. Then there's the entire history of the Soviet collapse, the more recent oil shenanigans in Uzbekistan and a few notable murders and a rape thrown in last I heard. I haven't really been following this thug's activities of late but there was already enough to be going on with.

Look him up, see what sort of chap you are inviting into bed.

GP
07-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah but he mite buy kwalitee playerz like parker and cahill innit?

Cripps_orig
07-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Erm... Google?

Fat boy had his lengthy criminal record wiped away by his thug mate Karimov. The **** even hired a PR firm to wipe his record from Wikipedia. Even so, people such as Craig Murray (former ambassador to Uzbekistan IIRC) knew him well enough to spill the beans. Then there's the entire history of the Soviet collapse, the more recent oil shenanigans in Uzbekistan and a few notable murders and a rape thrown in last I heard. I haven't really been following this thug's activities of late but there was already enough to be going on with.

Look him up, see what sort of chap you are inviting into bed.out of him and Kroenke, there's only one winner.
You can worry about non important things like all the stuff you mentioned all you want but most gooners want what's best for our club and that's him.

Plus he'd stop buying shite such as Kos and Arteta.

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 06:43 PM
out of him and Kroenke, there's only one winner.
You can worry about non important things like all the stuff you mentioned all you want but most gooners want what's best for our club and that's him.

Plus he'd stop buying shite such as Kos and Arteta.

Missed the button, try pressing again.

Cripps_orig
07-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Do you seriously prefer the current board?

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Do you seriously prefer the current board?

It's not a matter of preference, I want all of them out. Doesn't really matter what I want as they wouldn't pay a blind bit of notice, but at least I don't pray for rats to infest the place.

Cripps_orig
07-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Why Usmanov? He's done nothing to us.

And all that being a crook bs doesn't wash tbh.

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Why Usmanov? He's done nothing to us.

And all that being a crook bs doesn't wash tbh.

Usmanov has already said Walcott and Merts are shit and the first thing he will do is sell them or give them away. He's a big fan of Ches and wants to make him captain. He hates Real Madrid and thinks Ronaldo is a drug taking, diving, choker.

That's why I don't like him.

Xhaka Can’t
07-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Erm... Google?

Look him up, see what sort of chap you are inviting into bed.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mby4fmWLEg1qc7mh1.jpg

fakeyank
08-04-2013, 12:06 AM
You have to wonder how we held on for the win judging by the highlights. God was on our side. One of their back-post headers from a corner and Lukaku's combed effort looked absolute certain goals. God is great.

Letters? :unsure:

Globalgunner
08-04-2013, 08:22 AM
I think God has more important things than to worry about the fate of a club who`s self stated aims of mediocrity are its own millstone. But yeah I agree somebody up there was liking us against West Brom. Plus West Brom are a shit team who would have taken a right pasting against a proper standard Arsenal(02-04) team. We always seem to get lucky against West brom, witness last seasons last game. If I were a Spud I would be asking for a public enquiry.

Letters
08-04-2013, 08:34 AM
I think God has more important things than to worry about the fate of a club who`s self stated aims of mediocrity are its own millstone. But yeah I agree somebody up there was liking us against West Brom. Plus West Brom are a shit team who would have taken a right pasting against a proper standard Arsenal(02-04) team. We always seem to get lucky against West brom, witness last seasons last game. If I were a Spud I would be asking for a public enquiry.

In 2002/3 - Arsenal won 2-1 there, same as on Saturday.

Globalgunner
08-04-2013, 08:57 AM

You always let facts get in the way of a good moan. Dont you?....Sheesh!

Letters
08-04-2013, 09:06 AM
:lol: Sorry. I know using facts is cheating.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-04-2013, 01:57 PM

May have been that the WBA team back then were better. . .but looking back Dichio was playing for them so go figure, he scored though but so did Jeffers for us. . .
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/2575715.stm

Nayan
11-04-2013, 11:58 AM
May have been that the WBA team back then were better. . .but looking back Dichio was playing for them so go figure, he scored though but so did Jeffers for us. . .
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/2575715.stm

2002/03 won FA cup, shouldve won league.

the parallels are uncanny

Letters
11-04-2013, 04:01 PM
May have been that the WBA team back then were better. .
Well...they did go down and only got 26 points all season.
They've currently got 43.
So I don't think so.