PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction Norwich

fakeyank
13-04-2013, 03:57 PM
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?2268-**Official-Other-Games-Thread-Season-2012-13**/page682

:haha:

Marc Overmars
13-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Relief!

Thought we were going to blow it there, well done to the team.

Hopefully the start of a great week in which we heap a ton of pressure on Spurs and Chelsea.

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 03:59 PM
What a win, what a fucking win. ref against us, norwich being time wasting ****s from the first minute, no idea how they didnt get any bookings until the last minute.

mental strength shown in abundance there, what a fucking win.

only thing better then the win was hearing tony gale self harm himself on the stream as he was so gutted.

and also, tottenham, be a dear and mind the gap

IBK
13-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Relief!

Thought we were going to blow it there, well done to the team.

Hopefully the start of a great week in which we heap a ton of pressure on Spurs and Chelsea.

Aye. Relief. Maybe we will get that 4th place trophy after all.

GP
13-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Would be nice to know who the linesman is and do a search to see which team he supports. We thave not been awarded one pen and yet he gives a pen from some distance away when the ref who was nearer didn't. May well be legit pen but it was by a lino with telescopic vision. We will not be getting 4th regardless of effort.

Power n Glory
13-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Fantastic result! It looked like we had blown our chance for a second and then that penalty just tipped the game over. A vital 3 points. Wenger really needs to think about his team selection for the next game.

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Fix.

No fucking doubt.

I hate the world - Glory, Glory

Something must have gone right then :-)

Tony Gale MOTM, superb performance, had me in stitches on the floor with tears rolling down.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Fuck of Tony Gale.

IBK

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**
After what happened in that last match against west ham a few seasons ago i have always know what goes on in the premership. Not really followed the football today but can i ask a question guys?

Do you think the is corruption in the premership?

:lol:

cheesy bites
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

ARSENAL

ARSENAL

ARSENAL

FUCK SPURS

Xhaka Can’t
Been sleeping all afternoon - like Arsenal I expect.

Turned on the feed to see the pel given. The most cast iron pel you'll ever see in your life.

After he has stopped crying a river, can someone tell Tony Gale that a pel is a pel - and that the just decision was made no matter who has awarded it.

Joker
13-04-2013, 04:05 PM
What a win, what a fucking win. ref against us, norwich being time wasting ****s from the first minute, no idea how they didnt get any bookings until the last minute.

mental strength shown in abundance there, what a fucking win.

only thing better then the win was hearing tony gale self harm himself on the stream as he was so gutted.

and also, tottenham, be a dear and mind the gap

We cant complain about the refereeing, the first goal came about through a corner that shouldn't have been given, while the 3rd goal was offside. We got lucky today, and tbh we need to improve for the last few games of the season because we're not going to get the rub of the green in every match.

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 04:05 PM

To be fair, it's a bit suspicious. This is the first time a linesman has ever given a pen in the history of football. Make of that what you will.

Xhaka Can’t
13-04-2013, 04:06 PM
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?2268-**Official-Other-Games-Thread-Season-2012-13**/page682

Posted when the pel was awarded:

Will end 3-1 Arsenal. Guaranteed !!! Ever feel like you have been kicked in the guts ? Fuck football !

Kano
13-04-2013, 04:07 PM
We cant complain about the refereeing, the first goal came about through a corner that shouldn't have been given, while the 3rd goal was offside. We got lucky today, and tbh we need to improve for the last few games of the season because we're not going to get the rub of the green in every match.

the typical passionate response to a positive result i see.

fakeyank
13-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Why shouldnt the corner have been given? That is still 50/50.. there is no conclusive view of that not being a corner. Pel was a pel, so thats settled.. second goal was legit but yes, the third was offside.

IBK
13-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**
Former Leeds manager Neil Warnock Arsenal 3-1 Norwich

"You are shaken after feeling such an injustice when a man 50-yards away gives a decision for a penalty that no Arsenal player appeals for.

"You have a busy linesman over there. I get in trouble so much about referees but now I can say what I want.

"That penalty that started this would not have been given at the other end of the pitch."

Glory Glory gem. :lol:

Joker
the typical passionate response to a positive result i see.

"Passion" is all well and good but in a match reaction thread there's no harm in pointing out that the performance was actually rather mediocre. Against Everton, Utd etc this sort of a performance will see us lose.

Xhaka Can’t
I'm enjoying this.

No wonder ARSEnal have finished above us in the league every single season since 1995 http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/images/smilies/smiles/eusa_wall.gif

Özil's Panoramic View
Words cant express my delight.

Fucking awesome victory, and the perceived dubiousness by Gale and every other anti-Arsenal twat only makes it sweeter and more special.

Kano
13-04-2013, 04:11 PM
why does everyone care how far away the linesman is? all that matters is he saw it, surely? he's no further away than usual so if he can give an offside for a player on the other side of the penalty area, why can't he for a pen?

anyway, good comeback, great result. pod and theo have to start on tuesday.

and fuck off tony gale you whinging hammer Ćunt.

Unai Tea
13-04-2013, 04:12 PM

...and their goal came from a very dodgy foul called against Gibbs.

Shaqiri Is Boss
I'm enjoying this.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/images/smilies/smiles/eusa_wall.gif

Pathetic.

It's pronounced 'Errrrrrsenal'.

Niall_Quinn
Glory Glory gem. :lol:

Was only the other day I was trying to remember why I hate Warnock so much. I remember now, it's because he's a complete dickhead.

What's their argument here? The linesman's at fault for getting it right because he's 50 yards away?

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 04:13 PM
...and their goal came from a very dodgy foul called against Gibbs.

Yep, hardly touched him.

Kano
13-04-2013, 04:13 PM
"Passion" is all well and good but in a match reaction thread there's no harm in pointing out that the performance was actually rather mediocre. Against Everton, Utd etc this sort of a performance will see us lose.
no but i'd expect that some time after. not as a first response. would be pretty miserable sitting next to you at the stadium.

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 04:15 PM

We all know the performance was shite.

But we're feeding off the late entertainment and the few thrills and spills and the bit of controversy and Tony Gale crying like a slapped up bitch, the stuff that compensates for the otherwise shit state of affairs. Doesn't happen very often, take it when you can get it.

IBK
13-04-2013, 04:15 PM
'85; '88; '90. LOVE IT.

Joker
13-04-2013, 04:16 PM
There's no question that Tony Gale is a **** though. Thankfully I was listening to Russian commentary so didn't have to hear his bullshit. I think his main problem with Arsenal is the number of foreign players in the team. Wouldn't surprise me if he voted UKIP tbh.

Unai Tea
13-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Yep, hardly touched him.

It's not that...it's the fact that Gibbs was running one way and the clumsy oaf from Norwich ran behind Gibbs and fell tripped on the back of Gibbs' feet. Complete bollox. And that same ref was happy enough to let Giroud be pulled down in the box as he was looking right at it and started to trundle away before the linesman with a sack actually made the correct call.

Power n Glory
13-04-2013, 04:18 PM
why does everyone care how far away the linesman is? all that matters is he saw it, surely? he's no further away than usual so if he can give an offside for a player on the other side of the penalty area, why can't he for a pen?

anyway, good comeback, great result. pod and theo have to start on tuesday.

and fuck off tony gale you whinging hammer Ćunt.

True. If the linesman can see the foul from there then the ref should have seen it from closer. It looks bad that the linesman had to do the refs job. A clear penalty.

We need to get Roiscky back to full fitness. That's the important starter for the next game.

GP
How sweet would it be if we finished 3rd and Everton 4th?

AKBapologist
Also, how was that push on Walcott not a pen?

Xhaka Can’t
13-04-2013, 04:21 PM
no but i'd expect that some time after. not as a first response. would be pretty miserable sitting next to you at the stadium.

Or anywhere else.

Master Splinter
13-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Warnock just made a comment about Wenger not seeing it before his interview!!

I love Warnock!

Marc Overmars
How sweet would it be if we finished 3rd and Everton 4th?

Very.

Master Splinter
Also, how was that push on Walcott not a pen?

The ref was too close to give it.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Was only the other day I was trying to remember why I hate Warnock so much. I remember now, it's because he's a complete dickhead.

What's their argument here? The linesman's at fault for getting it right because he's 50 yards away?

The same ones in the media that were outraged of how Juventus got away with that kind of stuff against Celtic will be leaping in front of a train to Norwich's defence.

Xhaka Can’t
13-04-2013, 04:29 PM
There's no question that Tony Gale is a **** though. Thankfully I was listening to Russian commentary so didn't have to hear his bullshit. I think his main problem with Arsenal is the number of foreign players in the team. Wouldn't surprise me if he voted UKIP tbh.

This is where you have gone wrong this afternoon.

I slept through pretty much the whole thing. Peeled myself out of the bed, turned on my laptop and called up a feed - just as the pel was being awarded.

We all know what happened after that - and Gale whinging about it increased my enjoyment factor a million per cent.

Now, after what happened today, we all know, we're pretty fucking shite. But we as Arsenal supporters all have a choice. We can laugh our fucking asses off at Tottnumb Gale and Warlock and enjoy ourselves for a few minutes before becoming miserable twats lamenting our joke of a team and how far we've fallen for the rest of the week - or we can instantly become miserable twats.

The choice is yours.

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 04:38 PM

yes we were lucky. how sagna was booked for a foul, yet norwich did the exact same foul on us, and got nothing, they took out gibbs massively late and got nothing. ref was a total joke today, denied was a blatent penalty on theo, norwich first goal was never a free kick.

but apart from that, we were lucky

Master Splinter
13-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

Good result. The ref gave everything against us apart from Walcott being offside. At least the linesman did his job correctly.

Ramsey :bow:.

Oxo :bow:.

Podolski :bow:.

Giroud rubbish but got a goal and assist.

Wilshere really poor. Cazorla not much better. Gervinho Gervinho.

Hope the team selection is more balanced against Everton.

Master Splinter
13-04-2013, 04:40 PM
yes we were lucky. how sagna was booked for a foul, yet norwich did the exact same foul on us, and got nothing, they took out gibbs massively late and got nothing. ref was a total joke today, denied was a blatent penalty on theo, norwich first goal was never a free kick.

Pretty much.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Hughton says it was 'almost criminal'. :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 04:42 PM
also just how good was ramsey today? he was everywhere, shifted out to right back at the end and didnt even complain, he chases everything, calms play down at times too, he has been immense recently and the first goal came from him chasing down a lost cause and winning the corner. MOTM by a mile. was superb

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Garth Crooks - "Garou". :haha:

Master Splinter
13-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Crooks and Warnock giving the nation a fair assessment on a game involving Arsenal.

Might as well throw Tony Gale on for added reason and balance.

And who is Groo?

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 04:46 PM
seeing as zimm hasnt posted yet, ill post his reaction for him

"didnt see the game, but sounded like the normal flukely win, wenger gets to tell us how mentally strong this squad is and convince us we dont need to buy anyone. if norwich were better they would have won, no point in watching anymore because its all about the 4th place trophy and has been for 8 years and wont change until wenger leaves"

Kano
13-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Crooks and Warnock giving the nation a fair assessment on a game involving Arsenal.

Might as well throw Tony Gale on for added reason and balance.

And who is Groo?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d5/Groo_cover_issue1.jpg/200px-Groo_cover_issue1.jpg

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 04:47 PM
i think my favourite tony gale moment today was after we scored our penatly and they were talking about it, he was asked "was it a foul?" to which he replied "yes" and then went on to say how it wasnt a penalty

the massive ****

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 05:07 PM
I have thought football was bent for some time now. Ever since watching Brucie Grobelaar in goal and then that 'performance' last season from Fulop. Arsenal come out smelling like roses too often for it to be just luck or coincidence.

Remember Arteta's two pens against West Brom in December? Mike Jones was ref.

Arsenal struggling and need some help.

Stinks...

For me after the match at west ham on the last day of the season when the leagues club doctor decided our team were fit to play without seeing us and instead decided to stay in his executive box at highbury i always knew the game was rigged.

its amazing, they bottle a 7 point gap beacuse we pay the refs, i bet they think we pay their strikers not to score too

Özil's Panoramic View
13-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Can anyone imagine the wankfest it would have been had it been the mancfilth that managed such a come back?

You'd never hear the end of how remarkably brilliant they are, and their much touted never say die attitude.

Fuck off you mancfilth.

Fuck the scum.

Tony Gale. :haha:

Us. :bow:

Awesomeness. :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
13-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by nelto
Indeed. Scudamore, Dein, and the entire EPL top brass at Highbury that day. All having a good chuckle at our plight.
They needed CL the following season more than ever as they were moving out of Highbury into their new stadium .

Similar thing happened when they moved from the Woolwich into Highbury just prior to the out break of the first world war . After the war, they were 'elected' out of the second division after yet another failed attempt to gain promotion the correct way.

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 05:13 PM
tbf spurs might have a point about corruption. id definitely investigate adebayor for throwing a penalty shoot out on thursday

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Was it a corner? NO!!
Was it a pen? NO!!
Was it offside? Yes!!
To say im Gutted today is a understatement #livid

from bradley johnson.

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 05:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHvqR4NCAAACEB-.jpg

how do you hate someone with every ounce of a ceiling? :haha:

Unai Tea
13-04-2013, 05:21 PM

I assumed it was cockface rhyming slang

Xhaka Can’t
13-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Lionel Ritchie is a Spud?

Whoddathunkit?

Master Splinter
13-04-2013, 05:23 PM

Tbf, the breakdowns here when Norwich scored were almost as embarrassing.

Also, I do like that a linesman correctly giving a pelanty makes him corrupt.

Master Splinter
13-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Lionel Ritchie is a Spud?

Whoddathunkit?

Never heard of him.

Xhaka Can’t
13-04-2013, 05:24 PM
For you young 'uns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQDXs75Ulo

Lionel Richie in happier times.

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 05:27 PM
if a linesman cant call a penalty from 50 yards away, does that mean he cant call an offside from 50 yards away?

Globalgunner
13-04-2013, 05:29 PM
For you young 'uns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQDXs75Ulo

Lionel Richie in happier times.
Before his wife caught him in bed with another woman and beat the Sh...t out of the pair of them

Xhaka Can’t
13-04-2013, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TViyCoFieSE

http://www.arsenalamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Spurs-Kid-Crying.jpg

It's been so many years.

It's been so many tears.

fakeyank
13-04-2013, 05:34 PM

I shat my pants laughing at that post! :haha:

fakeyank
13-04-2013, 05:35 PM

"didnt see the game, but sounded like the normal flukely win, wenger gets to tell us how mentally strong this squad is and convince us we dont need to buy anyone. if norwich were better they would have won, no point in watching anymore because its all about the 4th place trophy and has been for 8 years and wont change until wenger leaves"

I really hope Zimm doesnt see this and posts... that'd be some awesome comic relief! :haha:

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Good win

Read the thread.

Spuds are funny

What did Gale say/do?

Haven't seen any of the game so won't comment on the penalty incident.

Munchies
13-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Gale was a twat on the commentary, kept saying it wasn't a pen, wasn't a corner, 3rd goal was offside.Might be right about the 3rd goal but it was a clear pen.

Giroud and his bird after the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MveV-Iw9_E&feature=youtu.be&a

'Better than Messi' :lol:

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 05:46 PM
I heard about there being some controversy. I just assumed it was for the 2nd goal as no one could believe Giroud scored and have put t down as an OG

Munchies
13-04-2013, 05:48 PM
2nd goal was fine, Giroud put pressure on Bassong, so credit to him for that atleast :lol:

Oxlade gave us abit more pace upfront, and set up the 2nd goal, don't know why Wenger isn't playing him more often.

GP
13-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Nice motor.

Ernesto
13-04-2013, 06:34 PM

He's a right tw@ is Gale. Predictable what this 'pundit' will say/do and he's so far up Michael Carrick's arse, you'd think he was his rent boy.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Full match is reshown on SS2 at 20:25.

Tony Gale. :lol:

Alpha
13-04-2013, 07:28 PM
I can't complain how they goals were scored as it all went our way and we had the last laugh after holding our nerves for the whole game . But I can question Wenger team selection . Wilshere was not fit enough to start the game . He could have started with Coquelin in holding position and Arteta and Carzola to provision ammunitions . Chamberlain was another possibility .
Gervinho should have never get in the starting 11 when Podolski is fit . A half-fit Podolski is more important and more reliable than gervinho . Gervinho is just another Eboue . He can dribble and .. that 's all .

Injury Time
13-04-2013, 08:02 PM
1 yellow card for the keeper mouthing off over the penalty, none for the pulling, grabbing, rugby tackling and kicking by Norwich players, but he's apparently in our pocket :blink:
Their keeper is a čùńt, was being a mouthy twat when drawing, gobshite when winning and shrinking when the entire North Bank chanting at him :pal: at 2-1 and :pal: :pal: at 3-1
We were flat until the subs, and a new team with Ox direct runs :bow: , missing Rosicky :(
Looking forward to Lineachers crying face on MoTD :)

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 08:04 PM
have to say, since the spurs game, wenger for a man with no tatical ability, or to some a man with no football management ability, he has got his tatics in every game bar today spot on, and today made subs, brave subs even, to change it, and was rewarded with a win.

he seems a different man recently, dare i say a bit of the old spark is coming back to him, that can only be good for this club. he seems to be getting his mojo back

Munchies
13-04-2013, 08:05 PM
http://i.minus.com/i7LTm7uyKdkOa.gif

First touch ...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8243/8646132702_db649f90d7_o.gif

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8259/8645031841_81f76be2e1_o.gif

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8258/8645031691_017f1d2462_o.gif

Globalgunner
13-04-2013, 08:37 PM
have to say, since the spurs game, wenger for a man with no tatical ability, or to some a man with no football management ability, he has got his tatics in every game bar today spot on, and today made subs, brave subs even, to change it, and was rewarded with a win.

he seems a different man recently, dare i say a bit of the old spark is coming back to him, that can only be good for this club. he seems to be getting his mojo back
Brilliant manager rescued his own shit ass team selection with genius substitutions. Well on his way to winning yet again that coveted 4th place trophy. We should let him stay as manager till he`s 90

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Watching the game again Gale was not as biased as I thought.

He was twice as biased, it's just I missed a lot if his shit at the time. What a ****.

Globalgunner
13-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Right now every piece of crockery in the gale household is smashed to pieces and his wife is sporting a black eye

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2013, 08:59 PM
His whinging is beautiful to hear now.

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 09:00 PM
You'll never see a more certain pen. The controversy is entirely manufactured by shit pundits and commentators.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Arsène Wenger faced the media after watching his team come from behind to beat Norwich City 3-1 at Emirates Stadium.

This is a transcript of his post-match press conference:

on the comeback...
We left it a bit, it was unexpected of course to be 1-0 down at that stage of the game because we were on top and we missed chances. We knew Norwich were strong on set-pieces and they punished us. After that we needed spirit and we needed as well nerves. We have shown both I think and in the end got a win we deserved. But credit to Norwich, they have played very well and if they play like that they will not go down. They defended well and they gave us problems. We missed the chances and from then on it was important to show absolute resilience and we did it.

on the penalty decision…
Honestly I haven't seen it but everybody tells me it was a penalty. Television confirmed the penalty. Maybe it wasn't a corner but they tell me as well it wasn't a free-kick [for the Norwich goal].

on the substitutions…
They had a good impact, yes. They came on with a good attitude and a good spirit. Once Norwich got a bit tired, they made a difference.

on Norwich's defensive work…
They restricted us. In these kinds of games you need to open it up and to open it up you need to score a goal. We didn't do that so then you think 'let's not make a mistake' so you lose your spontaneous fluency a bit and it becomes more difficult.

on climbing into third place…
Well at the moment the position is not important. What is important is to keep our run going and the consistency of our wins. That is important. The position at the moment has no real meaning. It means we are all tight and the team that is the most consistent will get there. At the moment we have that consistency so we want to focus on that. We have another big game on Tuesday night and we have a good opportunity that we want to take.

on Jack Wilshere's return…
He worked very hard, he has been in full training since Wednesday. Walcott has only been in full training since Friday. We thought [Wilshere] had enough in the locker to play an hour and, on top of that, Rosicky, who played in this position last week, was not available. I would not have pushed him in, maybe, had Rosicky been available. I didn't want to restructure the team that has been successful so he was most suited to play in this position.

on Lukas Podolski…
The luxury we have is to have Podolski, Walcott and Chamberlain on the bench. We have offensive quality on the bench at home, so once you get the team under pressure it is very helpful.

on Podolski's role at the Club…
Look how he played when he came on. As soon as you have a player who doesn't play for three games, the papers get a story like that. But he looks very happy to be here.

on holding their nerve…
It is a question of nerves and I think the win today was a balance of nerves, quality and intelligence. In the end we didn't do anything stupid when we were 1-0 down, and kept facing our game. That side of the game will be important of course.

on refereeing decisions…
No matter on what end, you want the referees to make the right decision. The real question is 'was it a penalty or not?' If it was a penalty it doesn't matter what end it is. If you go into that kind of speculation you would question every single decision of the referee. What you have to question is whether it was a penalty - and everybody says yes.

Time for Theo and Podolski upfront?

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Go Ox, go!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooool!

Chamberlain.

Tony Gale, your boys took a hell of a beating.

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 09:02 PM
listenting to tony gale again is just brilliant, he is so angry at that decision being correctly called. beautiful

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Flappy was pretty solid today.

Ollie the Optimist
13-04-2013, 09:04 PM
he is just brilliant, he is the only commentator to admit that a pnealty incident is a foul yet argue its not a penalty. fucking bell end

Globalgunner
13-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Time for Theo and Podolski upfront?
There is never a time for Theo up front. He makes Gervinho look clinical. We need better strikers end of. Poldi is good. He needs a partner.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 09:05 PM
This obsession with Gale is rather funny

I need to hear what he said

Anyone got a link?

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 09:06 PM
They had a case on the third goal but that was the only controversy, bar our certain other penalty.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 09:07 PM
There is never a time for Theo up front. He makes Gervinho look clinical. We need better strikers end of. Poldi is good. He needs a partner.

Apart from this season which you must have been asleep for :blink:

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 09:08 PM
This obsession with Gale is rather funny

I need to hear what he said

Anyone got a link?

Would have to transcribe his whole 90 min commentary.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Would have to transcribe his whole 90 min commentary.

Just the penalty incident will do

RomfordPele
13-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Sky have outdone themselves with the anti-arsenal bias today.

Globalgunner
13-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Apart from this season which you must have been asleep for :blink:

Theo has been gash the last 3 games he played before the injury. In fact since he signed his mega deal. A period of time you have been deluded for

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Just the penalty incident will do

On the penalty.
Gale: waaaaaaah waaaaah waaaaaaaah, it was a foul in the box but never a pen.

On the second goal.
Gale: waaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah waaaaaah! Poor Norwich, that was never a pen earlier.

On the third goal.
Gale: waaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaah, pulled his shirt in the box, but never a pen, Walcott offside, offside goal, poor, poor Norwich, we are the Arsenal, haters!

After the game:
Gale: was never a pen, clear shirt pull but doesn't count because the linesman saw it.

In the car on the way home:
Gale: wasn't a pen, never, never, never.

In bed with his wife:
Gale: it's not you, it's me. I just can't get that pen out of my mind. It was never ever a pen. Clear foul, pulled his shirt, linesman saw it, it was in the box. So never a pen. Maybe if you suck it it will work.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Theo has been gash the last 3 games he played before the injury. In fact since he signed his mega deal. A period of time you have been deluded for

Not really. He's been poor for a few weeks after carrying us the whole season which you conveniently ignore.

Niall_Quinn
13-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Theo carries a team like the Titanic carries passengers.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Just seen the highlights.

Officials motm. So much for them being against us :rolleyes:

Was never a corner. Definite penalty though.

Bassongs goal for the 2nd

Theo with another great assist for Podolskis great finish.

Another humiliating day for Theo haters but a great day.

LDG
13-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Never a freekick for their goal. And they were useless throughout.

Should have had two pens before our rightfully given pen.

Ref booked sagna for a foul on him, yet failed to book the norwich player for a studs up challenge on gibbs, and a blatant pre-meditated foul on wilshere.

Easy value for the win. If we had better than gervinho, walcott and giroud up top, we'd murder everyone.

See vermaelen lost his man again.

KSE Comedy Club
13-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Poldi's goal was awesome tbf

Globalgunner
13-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Such efficiency should never be left to rot on the bench. Something strange is going on in that frenchmans head. A conundrum for sure.

Watched the game again. calamity defending for the Norwich goal. We never learn. Our interpretation of defending is to make sure the opposition doesnt get to the ball. whereas other teams make sure that THEY head the ball away. We are just a shite ass team at defence

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Kos lost his man for the goal

Turner ran from where Kos was to the middle where he met the ball. Kos didn't go with him.

Zonal marking or typical Kos defending?

Globalgunner
13-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Kos lost his man for the goal

Turner ran from where Kos was to the middle where he met the ball. Kos didn't go with him.

Zonal marking or typical Kos defending?

This emphasises my point. Follow the ball rather than the man. We should be tracking the ball and heading it away. Works every time

fakeyank
13-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Was the second goal given Girooo or is it an OG? On sky, bbc and arsenal.com, its attributed to him. What is it then? 17 goals this season? Haters gonna hate :lol:

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Was the second goal given Girooo or is it an OG? On sky, bbc and arsenal.com, its attributed to him. What is it then? 17 goals this season? Haters gonna hate :lol:

Own goal

GP
13-04-2013, 10:31 PM

He's been excellent.

Özil's Panoramic View
13-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Own goal

Olivier Giroud.

Munchies
13-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Seen him at a few games,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-oWu1cYfsM

Other fan interviews are up

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 10:36 PM

Letters :bow:

Cripps_orig
13-04-2013, 10:39 PM

Also don't think anyone hates him. Just most realise he isn't good enough for us. His lack of movement, the ease he is marked, being shit with the ball at his feet, ugly **** and so on

He has his uses of course. He's good in the air and um other things I'm sure.

Munchies
13-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Letters :bow:

Thought he looked like that fat dude that TEG pointed out :lol:

Power n Glory
13-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Pod's goal is an example of why he needs to be getting games as a striker. In that sort of area he's deadly. Wasn't an easy goal to score at all.

Munchies
13-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Pod's goal is an example of why he needs to be getting games as a striker. In that sort of area he's deadly. Wasn't an easy goal to score at all.

Yep it reminded me of a RVP goal

Kano
13-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Such efficiency should never be left to rot on the bench. Something strange is going on in that frenchmans head. A conundrum for sure.

Watched the game again. calamity defending for the Norwich goal. We never learn. Our interpretation of defending is to make sure the opposition doesnt get to the ball. whereas other teams make sure that THEY head the ball away. We are just a shite ass team at defence
our defence has had problems for years. you know that, i know that.

but football teams also concede goals. it happens. and i think during this recent run the defence have done a decent enough job, so whilst there is no calls to say everything is resolved forever and we will never have any problems back there again, slamming them for one goal doesn't make sense.

if we had lost this game, it wouldn't have been down to the defence.

KSE Comedy Club
13-04-2013, 11:39 PM

This.

KSE Comedy Club
13-04-2013, 11:44 PM
After watching the replay on SS2, I would be more inclined to believe that mike jones wasn't gonna give anything for the foul on giroud. As tony gale so often pointed out, he was 10 yards away and looking straight at it and he did nothing.

It was only when he realised that his linesman had rightly seen it and flagged it up that he he got caught out and had no choice but to give the pen.

If there's any controversy about it, it should be why jones didn't call it first.

KSE Comedy Club
13-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Also how did that **** turner get away with elbowing Ramsey in the face?

Tipsychubbs
14-04-2013, 12:15 AM

Should have had 2 pens before that in the first half.

Giroud brought down on the cutback chance and ramsey elbowed in the face on a corner setpiece.

Then theres the theo pel that wasn't given and Gibbs "foul" for their 1st goal.

We were on course for being screwed over by the ref, and strangely it actually worked out for us.

fakeyank
14-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Seen him at a few games,

3:39 :haha:

Love this guy! :scarf:

Letters, GB, LDG.. I want to meet him when I am there. Make it happen!

Kano
14-04-2013, 12:25 AM
After watching the replay on SS2, I would be more inclined to believe that mike jones wasn't gonna give anything for the foul on giroud. As tony gale so often pointed out, he was 10 yards away and looking straight at it and he did nothing.

It was only when he realised that his linesman had rightly seen it and flagged it up that he he got caught out and had no choice but to give the pen.

If there's any controversy about it, it should be why jones didn't call it first.
i think all he could see was their backs, as the pull happened at the front of giroud's shirt with both of their bodies locked next to each other. the ref was not very good at all, letting norwich get away with far too many dirty little digs (snodgrass somehow escaping a yellow for 80 odd minutes) and let's not forget he could have overruled the linesman. interested to hear what those fucks on motd have to say.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 12:28 AM
The legends that are Hansen and Keown gave us credit

Özil's Panoramic View
14-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Had immense fun reading hashtag tweets COYS & FOYG. :haha:

Complete meltdown by the swamp dwellers.

Power n Glory
14-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Yep it reminded me of a RVP goal

I didn't realise he helped set up the second goal by playing nifty one two with the Ox to break into the box. I hope gets more games in the middle. He has the touch and the finishing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Just want to pay tribute to Match of the Day who when Martin Keown offered a measured and thoughtful analysis of the penalty situation was just dismissed as being biased by that Arsenal hating scum bag Alan Hansen. And why on earth are you having David Moyes on the program to discuss the match, surely he has a vested interest in saying it wasn't a penalty.

GP
14-04-2013, 09:51 AM
I honestly don't get how any human being can look at that incident and say it's not a penalty. Bizarre.

Anyone claiming Norwich are unlucky are living in their own anus. Norwich are lucky they weren't beaten by a greater margin.

LDG
14-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Just want to pay tribute to Match of the Day who when Martin Keown offered a measured and thoughtful analysis of the penalty situation was just dismissed as being biased by that Arsenal hating scum bag Alan Hansen. And why on earth are you having David Moyes on the program to discuss the match, surely he has a vested interest in saying it wasn't a penalty.

:gp:

Was pretty disgusting last night.

You expect a measure of idiocy from the MOTD pundits, but the level they stoop to...

If they are going to question the pel, and say "poor Norwich were one up", then they have to discuss the freekick that led to their goal, the elbow in ramsey's face, the pel we should have had when walcott was barged over and the booking sagna received for being fouled. You know, for a balanced argument....

Shithouses. The lot of them.

Power n Glory
14-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Fuck em! Sick and tired of the same old and tired pundits coming in with their boring pointless analysis. The format of that show needs a reshuffle. I have no interest in hearing what those washed up guys have to say about football. It goes beyond Arsenal. They offer nothing and the show needs to makeover. Either that or Sky need to launch a rival highlights show and get Neville in to talk more.

Xhaka Can’t
14-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Fuck em! Sick and tired of the same old and tired pundits coming in with their boring pointless analysis. The format of that show needs a reshuffle. I have no interest in hearing what those washed up guys have to say about football. It goes beyond Arsenal. They offer nothing and the show needs to makeover. Either that or Sky need to launch a rival highlights show and get Neville in to talk more.

Well said.

I can't be bothered with that tripe even when we win.

Marc Overmars
14-04-2013, 10:53 AM
MOTD. :lol:

I remember that show.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 11:31 AM
The first half highlights were about 30 seconds :lol:

Was it that shit?

Anyway not sure why all the criticism. Hansen praised us which is conveniently ignored. He's arguably the best pundit around with Super Al, Neville and Keane close behind.

Didn't realise only nice things were allowed to be said about us. Yes they had a dodgy free kick for their goal but ultimately it meant fuck all as they didn't win thus it wasn't analysed. It would have been had they won. It was never a corner which they said. Should they lie for GWs benefit?

I don't watch MOTD every week as I once did but that's f all to do with the awesome Lineker and co. in fact, if it was more analysing and less shite ass football shown, more people would watch.

The funniest thing is how pundits are criticised for talking about the same thing :doh:

If the same shit keeps happening which it often does as its football then it'll be talked about.

Xhaka Can’t
14-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Stop being such a dick.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Well argued :good:

But then wouldn't expect anything less

Letters
14-04-2013, 12:40 PM
My reaction: :patrice:

We were pretty awful until we went 1-0 down. We did wake up a bit after that but I feared it was too little, too late. It is annoying that too often we need a setback to wake us up, if we'd played for the first 20 minutes like we did the last 20 we'd have wrapped up the game before half time.

The pel was one of those ones which was definitely a foul but you rarely see given. It's funny to see the pundits and Spuds be so infuriated by a clearly right decision. They're conveniently ignoring the fact that the Norwich goal was from a free-kick which shouldn't have been given and that we were denied at least one pretty clear penalty on Theo.
Credit to Arteta for holding his nerve, I really thought he'd miss.

Good subs by Wenger, his starting line up was questionable but there was clearly one eye on Tuesday's game and when he brought on the cavalry it made a difference and won us the game.

:patrice:

Letters
14-04-2013, 12:41 PM
The first half highlights were about 30 seconds :lol:

Was it that shit?

Anyway not sure why all the criticism. <default WUMming saying the opposite of what everyone else thinks>.

:sleep:

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 12:43 PM
:sleep:
Seeing as I've been saying it long before MOTD haters came to the fore, you as usual have no idea what you're talking about and hiding behind the classic WUM line when you can't prove me wrong.

Did I say anything wrong in that post?

If I did then point it out, we might discuss why etc etc.

If you insist on wumming the place up then I suggest you go to another board

Letters
14-04-2013, 12:46 PM
<default nonsense about how I'm definitely not WUMming/wide-eyed faux indignation at the accusation and accusation that mods are WUMming>
:gp:

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I rest my case

Back on topic

Can't really blame Wenger for the starting line up.

Yes all of us would probably have started with Theo ahead of Gerv and/or Giroud but we're on a good run despite those 2 and tbf, Gerv has done well recently.

Back to normal now though.

Özim
14-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Didn't see the match, didn't see the highlights but it seems from this thread that we played sh*t and won.

When do we pick up the PL trophy?

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Didn't see the match, didn't see the highlights but it seems from this thread that we played sh*t and won.

The season Wenger leaves.

To sum up, watch most of our matches last 7 seasons. We dominate, concede, dominate more, get lucky with a couple of decisions.

As for the highlights, the big bad pundits didn't say nice things about us so its good you didn't watch or you'd be crying like the rest of us

Kryptonite
14-04-2013, 01:17 PM
The season Wenger leaves.

To sum up, watch most of our matches last 7 seasons. We dominate, concede, dominate more, get lucky with a couple of decisions.

As for the highlights, the big bad pundits didn't say nice things about us so its good you didn't watch or you'd be crying like the rest of us

I agree. Hansen thinks pen was 50/50 but he said nice things about us! yesterday showed pace is important and we need theo and podolski as strikers from now on.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 01:21 PM
I think it was a penalty but then 50 penalties should be given a match.

You've seen them not given. I think the main gripe was how a linesman from miles away can see it and not the ref who was closer. That's more down to the ineptness of the ref. Hansen never says nice things about us tbh :GW:

Dennis Bendtner
14-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Oh look, AFC debate as good as ever.

GP
14-04-2013, 01:46 PM

Özil's Panoramic View
14-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Cripps. :lol:

Alwful Crypt.

Marc Overmars
14-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Cripps is a good guy.

Letters
14-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Didn't see the match, didn't see the highlights
Bet you would have had we lost 1-0.

Özim
14-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Nope, as I said a while ago, not too bothered about games from now until the end of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose (cos we're not that good), but at the same time doesn't surprise me to see us beat these teams, all we seem to care about is 4th so when everything else is unachievable we go on a mini winning run and Wenger then believes we're a top side again.

The the cycle repeats itself for another season.

Kano
14-04-2013, 01:57 PM

ollie's post

Özim
14-04-2013, 01:58 PM
ollie's post

Looks like he got most of it wrong then, I'd already said I probably won't be watching games, so that's hardly a difficult assumption to make either.

Özim
14-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Get a life.

Marc Overmars
14-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Zim is a good guy.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Ollie in being wrong shocker

Good attempt though.

Kano
14-04-2013, 02:09 PM
hansen is a bitter twisted lame pundit, who gives the minimal amount of praise possible toward anything arsenal do. 89 at anfield still hurts added to the fact his beloved shit kicking team are now a mid table pile of shite.

how anyone who saw the corner decision from the camera angle we all have can definitely say it was or wasn't a good call is beyond me. the linesman is the only neutral who saw the what really happened.

as someone said earlier in the thread, juventus pull celtic all over the gaff and it's terrible. lil ole norwich do it against arsenal, then its completely fine.

a perfect way to win three points, to wind up everyone who really isn't a fan.

LDG
14-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Get a life cripps

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Back on topic

I'm sure Hansens plenty other league medals makes up for the one he didn't win. Never found anything wrong with him. Don't agree with everything he says but that's true with everyone. Just cos he doesn't praise us every single MOTD show doesn't mean he's bitter tbh.

He praises us about the things we deserve it for which he did yesterday but let's ignore that.

Kano
14-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Back on topic

I'm sure Hansens plenty other league medals makes up for the one he didn't win. Never found anything wrong with him. Don't agree with everything he says but that's true with everyone. Just cos he doesn't praise us every single MOTD show doesn't mean he's bitter tbh.

He praises us about the things we deserve it for which he did yesterday but let's ignore that.
on the one sentence at the end after dismissing everything we had done in that match? balanced.

anyway, here's hoping he's swept out with all the other dead wood if they want to keep that programme from becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Xhaka Can’t
14-04-2013, 02:41 PM

Tbh, I couldn't be bothered either.

Mind you, I had a nap yesterday, got up, turned on the laptop and found a match stream just as the pel was being awarded, so was content that I'd seen all I needed to see.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 02:56 PM
on the one sentence at the end after dismissing everything we had done in that match? balanced.

anyway, here's hoping he's swept out with all the other dead wood if they want to keep that programme from becoming increasingly irrelevant.
You seem to not understand the way MOTD or any of these football shows work. You talk about the moments in games which are relevant. We scored 2 goals rightly or wrongly that were debatable. If it was a routine win, we wouldn't have been first on.

Letters
14-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Looks like he got most of it wrong then, I'd already said I probably won't be watching games, so that's hardly a difficult assumption to make either.
So you can't be bothered watching our games but you can be bothered to come on here and moan about the results no matter what they are.

KSE Comedy Club
14-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Once again a thread on GW has thrown discussion out the window and descended into a lame tit for tat between the main players who don't get on.

:boring:

GP
14-04-2013, 03:13 PM
no u

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Once again a thread on GW has thrown discussion out the window and descended into a lame tit for tat between the main players who don't get on.

:boring:
:good post:

Was never my intention but the others saw an opportunity to have a go so I put them in their place. Since then I have tried to get back on topic.

More importantly, we are officially out of the title race

Wenger out

Dennis Bendtner
14-04-2013, 03:16 PM
So you can't be bothered watching our games but you can be bothered to come on here and moan about the results no matter what they are.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4745811200/h8EB5DF94/

Is there any point to this lame charade? You could look at the last 50 match reaction threads and they'll be more or less the same. Bot poster enters thread, makes bot post, then others jump all over it and score +1s rather than actually trying to stick with the topic or doing something about those who don't. Then unfortunately those who have said bot poster on ignore have that function made utterly pointless by the repeated quoting of posts. Bot poster #2 meanwhile has already completed his work by ruining the topic in the first place. What's the point of match reaction threads now?

Marc Overmars
14-04-2013, 03:24 PM
We need to see a Maccy heel turn, that would make it more interesting.

LDG
14-04-2013, 03:25 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4745811200/h8EB5DF94/

Is there any point to this lame charade? You could look at the last 50 match reaction threads and they'll be more or less the same. Bot poster enters thread, makes bot post, then others jump all over it and score +1s rather than actually trying to stick with the topic or doing something about those who don't. Then unfortunately those who have said bot poster on ignore have that function made utterly pointless by the repeated quoting of posts. Bot poster #2 meanwhile has already completed his work by ruining the topic in the first place. What's the point of match reaction threads now?

It's pretty much the reason why the place is so dead. It's boring, irritating and most of it comes from a grown man.

Utter garbage.

Luckily there are still a few poster who make me laugh, or provide well thought out, eloquent and clever posts.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Who are we taking about here?

fakeyank
14-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Luckily there is FY who makes me laugh, or provides well thought out, eloquent and clever posts.

LDG
14-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Joker
14-04-2013, 03:53 PM
It would help if those who make mildly critical points about the performance aren't jumped upon by the usual suspects who make the same old tiresome accusations of wumming etc.

Özim
14-04-2013, 03:56 PM

Who moaned about the result? :unsure:

I just said I didn't watch it or the highlights but that from this thread it seems we played sh*t and won.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 03:56 PM
It would help if those who make mildly critical points about the performance aren't jumped upon by the usual suspects who make the same old tiresome accusations of wumming etc.

This

Ay slight criticism is put down to wumming by the actual WUMs.

It's boring and repetitive.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-04-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm closing the thread. Another one ruined.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Let's try and talk about the match.

Letters
14-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Who moaned about the result? :unsure:

I just said I didn't watch it or the highlights but that from this thread it seems we played sh*t and won.
Fair enough, and yes that's a pretty fair summation. We did wake up when we went behind but it was a bit worrying that once again we needed that to wake us up. Need to start faster on Tuesday.

Lord Nelson
14-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Fair enough, and yes that's a pretty fair summation. We did wake up when we went behind but it was a bit worrying that once again we needed that to wake us up. Need to start faster on Tuesday.
Good point! Everton are miles better than Norwich. If we start badly, they will beat us. We need to start with Theo and Podolski. We should take the game to them.

Kano
14-04-2013, 08:52 PM
if we were to base the end of the season on last years results against the same teams it would be:

Chelsea 69
Tottenham 68 (assuming they beat southampton)
Arsenal 65

not exactly a solid science but worth noting nonetheless.

must say i'm surprised we've managed to pull this sort of form together when we haven't done all season. at least it has finally become interesting. we will drop points sooner rather than later, that is going to happen but we can't finish the season as we did last time, otherwise it will be game over for the cl.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 09:04 PM
We have nothing to play for but top 4.

I'm not surprised at all that we have hit form. When the pressures on, we can't handle it.

Happens every season so why are people still surprised?

Anyway would be good to beat Everton and end their hopes for top 4

Letters
14-04-2013, 09:08 PM
There was no pressure yesterday?

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Not really.

I don't see finishing in the top 4 the same as going for a trophy.

Kano
14-04-2013, 09:18 PM
There was no pressure yesterday?
i think there's two types of pressure. facing adversity is one, which we're pretty good at. then dealing with expectation of winning, which we're not so hot at. the latter has prevented us winning anything for a while.

Letters
14-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Not really.

I don't see finishing in the top 4 the same as going for a trophy.
Oh. It's just that after the QPR game last year (our first loss after 7 straight league wins) You said

The pressure is on and we cant win

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1320&page=4

And all we had then was the top 4 to play for.

Letters
14-04-2013, 09:22 PM
i think there's two types of pressure. facing adversity is one, which we're pretty good at. then dealing with expectation of winning, which we're not so hot at. the latter has prevented us winning anything for a while.There was a pretty clear expectation of us winning yesterday and you'd bet your bottom dollar had we slipped up everyone on here would have been saying we bottled it. Actually in the match thread which I went through earlier I'm pretty sure people were saying that at 1-0.

Kano
14-04-2013, 09:27 PM
There was a pretty clear expectation of us winning yesterday and you'd bet your bottom dollar had we slipped up everyone on here would have been saying we bottled it. Actually in the match thread which I went through earlier I'm pretty sure people were saying that at 1-0.
come on be fair, if it wasn't for us being given something instead of actually doing it ourselves (the pen) we would've fucked it up. we were good for 7 minutes yesterday only after being hand the initiative rather than earning it.

what i said was not a case of 100% either way. but if you look back over the past 7/8 years, you'll see we fuck up when things are in our grasp. sure, fourth place is one thing but take into the account all the cup mistakes then the pattern emerges. we can't handle expectation in most cases, we turn into a bag of nerves. put us on the back foot however and we can usually respond. being the leader and dealing with that pressure is completely different to gritting your teeth and fighting back.

your example of last season is the perfect example. came back from nowhere. then when 5 points ahead with five games to go, we fell apart and only because of some goalkeeping howlers clung onto fourth.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Oh. It's just that after the QPR game last year (our first loss after 7 straight league wins) You said

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1320&page=4

And all we had then was the top 4 to play for.

There's no post from me there.

Il take your word for it

Letters
14-04-2013, 09:38 PM
come on be fair, if it wasn't for us being given something instead of actually doing it ourselves (the pen) we would've fucked it up. we were good for 7 minutes yesterday only after being hand the initiative rather than earning it.

what i said was not a case of 100% either way. but if you look back over the past 7/8 years, you'll see we fuck up when things are in our grasp. sure, fourth place is one thing but take into the account all the cup mistakes then the pattern emerges. we can't handle expectation in most cases, we turn into a bag of nerves. put us on the back foot however and we can usually respond. being the leader and dealing with that pressure is completely different to gritting your teeth and fighting back.

your example of last season is the perfect example. came back from nowhere. then when 5 points ahead with five games to go, we fell apart and only because of some goalkeeping howlers clung onto fourth.
To be fair we should have had a penalty much earlier than we got one and the Norwich goal was from a free kick which shouldn't have been one. Things didn't exactly go for us till near the end although we didn't play well until we went 1-0 down.

I agree with a lot of what you've said about the way we handle pressure, or fail to, but some people's definition of a high pressure game seems to be entirely determined by whether we win or not. If we do it's all "there was no pressure on it, we're only going for a top 4 spot". If we slip up it's "typical Arsenal, can't handle the pressure when there's a chance to go top 4".

The run in will be interesting because we're now in a position where it's ours to lose which hasn't been the case all season.

Dennis Bendtner
14-04-2013, 09:38 PM
if we were to base the end of the season on last years results against the same teams it would be:

Chelsea 69
Tottenham 68 (assuming they beat southampton)
Arsenal 65

not exactly a solid science but worth noting nonetheless.

must say i'm surprised we've managed to pull this sort of form together when we haven't done all season. at least it has finally become interesting. we will drop points sooner rather than later, that is going to happen but we can't finish the season as we did last time, otherwise it will be game over for the cl.

Nine points from the final six games last season. It was a stumbling drunk hobble to the line after a run of form not dissimilar to the one we are on now.

Regardless, games like yesterday are proof of the pitfalls of the 'easier run-in' rhetoric which annoys me every time I hear it. I remember in 2010 there was talk looking at our last ten games or so claiming we'd piss the league title. Clearly not. Every game as it comes and all that. But not accounting for who we are actually playing, four wins has to be the target.

Letters
14-04-2013, 09:39 PM
There's no post from me there.
4 of the last 5 posts on that page are from you. The first of those 5 is the one I was quoting.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-04-2013, 09:41 PM
4 of the last 5 posts on that page are from you. The first of those 5 is the one I was quoting.
Not if you have a different number of posts per page :ninja:

Letters
14-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Not if you have a different number of posts per page :ninja:
No. I guess not. But the post, and the point, remain.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 09:48 PM

You linked the wrong page. Found it anyway.

Not sure who Spuds were playing that week but the fact our top 4 rivals weren't playing this week meant the pressure was off and bar the last 7 minutes, we were a bit shit

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 09:48 PM

You linked the wrong page. Found it anyway.

Not sure who Spuds were playing that week but the fact our top 4 rivals weren't playing this week meant the pressure was off and bar the last 7 minutes, we were a bit shit

Letters
14-04-2013, 09:58 PM
You linked the wrong page.
No I didn't, you probably just have a different posts per page setting.

Anyway, like I said. Some people's definition of 'pressure' seems entirely determined by results. I can guarantee had we lost or drawn yesterday there would have been all kinds of posts on here saying we bottled it because we had a chance to go ahead of Spurs and blew it. As I've pointed out you yourself have done that sort of thing.
Whether Spurs or Chelsea played is neither here nor there. It was a game we had to win to keep up the pressure. We did. Yes, we didn't play well but we got the result. To say it was only the last 7 minutes where we played well is far too simplistic, we were pretty decent from the moment we went behind although it's annoying it took that to wake us up.

Ollie the Optimist
15-04-2013, 12:09 AM
After reading this thread, am genuinely surprised crips hasn't tried to argue that tony gale is a good commentator because he might have once praised us

Cripps_orig
15-04-2013, 12:22 AM
He was pretty good on the radio with Jonathan Pearce back in the mid 90s

Long before you were born but he's been a bit shit on tv.

Japan Shaking All Over
15-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Seen the match twice, actually the first time was while fluckig between Walking Dead. . did however see the parts that needed to be seen and thought we had done ourselves in after the first goal.

Did not realise who the commentator was until he started spouting the shi about the PK and then I knew it could be none other. . .he actually called their goal right, about how our set up was all wrong for defendig it. . .

But the shit about the pen. . .lord! So the ref didnt call a blatant pen but the linesman did. . .excuse so WHO is wrong? th linesman? reason, he is further away. . , twat FO

Cripps_orig
15-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Walking Dead over Arsenal?

Banning offence surely?

If it was a decent show, I'd understand but Walking Dead is shocking.

Seriously though, you watched the whole match?

Impressive seeing as you already knew what happens

Japan Shaking All Over
15-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Walking Dead over Arsenal?

Banning offence surely?

If it was a decent show, I'd understand but Walking Dead is shocking.

Seriously though, you watched the whole match?

Impressive seeing as you already knew what happens

I'll take that comment with the pinch of salt any comment coming from a person who rates Shrek deserves!
but I admit I do derserve a slap for choosing something else over Arsenal. .. .its just my cable TV tunet does not allow me to record and watch a dfferent a different channel

Xhaka Can’t
15-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Wtf is wrong with Shrek?

Grebbo
15-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Chris Kamara, who comes across as an utter bell end, was getting very worked up on Goals on Sunday about our goals. He spent the entire Arse v Norwich segment going through videos of our goals saying how none of them were goals.

Fair enough I thought and I waited for him to show Norwich's goal and how it was never a freekick in a million years.....

Nothing.

I know these people need to be sensationalist and hysterical to get viewers but I just don't know how anyone can be so biased. I think it was the same on MOTD as well.

I don't care as it's funnier when we win with controversy, I like to think of Spuds fans having heart attacks over our luck, but I just think it's a bit odd.

Cripps_orig
15-04-2013, 09:00 AM

I'll take that comment with the pinch of salt any comment coming from a person who rates Shrek deserves!
but I admit I do derserve a slap for choosing something else over Arsenal. .. .its just my cable TV tunet does not allow me to record and watch a dfferent a different channelrooney is awesome tbf

Also, time for sky plus to come home.

LDG
15-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Chris Kamara, who comes across as an utter bell end, was getting very worked up on Goals on Sunday about our goals. He spent the entire Arse v Norwich segment going through videos of our goals saying how none of them were goals.

Fair enough I thought and I waited for him to show Norwich's goal and how it was never a freekick in a million years.....

Nothing.

I know these people need to be sensationalist and hysterical to get viewers but I just don't know how anyone can be so biased. I think it was the same on MOTD as well.

I don't care as it's funnier when we win with controversy, I like to think of Spuds fans having heart attacks over our luck, but I just think it's a bit odd.

Why was our second dodgy? :unsure:

Grebbo
15-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Reckoned Giroud pulled back the defender. Tbf if the penalty was a foul then so was this.

Giroud had no need to pull back the defender either so people would have gone nuts at him if that was disallowed.

LDG
15-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Ahhh.

Right, so their free-kick shouldn't have stood. Stays nil all.

If the pelanty isn't given, then, our second goal stands. If the pelanty is given, our second is disallowed. Thus, we'd have been 1-0 up, if all was fair in love and war.

I make that 3 points.

Fuck 'em.

Xhaka Can’t
15-04-2013, 09:52 AM

If it hadn't have been raining and the prevailing wind was from a slightly different direction, there probably would have been a lower level of humidity. This would have affected the trajectory of the ball played into the middle because of some atmospheric pressure stuff that is like well complicated. The ball would therefore have gone a bit to the right of Giroud, or maybe behind him or something like that and the defender would have closed him down before he had a chance to turn and the defender rather than putting it in his own goal, would have cleared it.

Walcott would then have got the ball and run headlong into a defender with the ball richicheting to the left or maybe the right. At which point it would have rolled safely away.

What those biased ****s don't tell you though, is that Gibbs would have run onto it, or maybe Arteta and played it back into the box where Podolski would have volleyed it into the back of the net only for him to be wrongly adjudged to be offside even though the linesman didn't have a good view of the incident making the right decision even though he was clearly wrong.

LDG
15-04-2013, 09:56 AM
If it hadn't have been raining and the prevailing wind was from a slightly different direction, there probably would have been a lower level of humidity. This would have affected the trajectory of the ball played into the middle because of some atmospheric pressure stuff that is like well complicated. The ball would therefore have gone a bit to the right of Giroud, or maybe behind him or something like that and the defender would have closed him down before he had a chance to turn and the defender rather than putting it in his own goal, would have cleared it.

Walcott would then have got the ball and run headlong into a defender with the ball richicheting to the left or maybe the right. At which point it would have rolled safely away.

What those biased ****s don't tell you though, is that Gibbs would have run onto it, or maybe Arteta and played it back into the box where Podolski would have volleyed it into the back of the net only for him to be wrongly adjudged to be offside even though the linesman didn't have a good view of the incident making the right decision even though he was clearly wrong.

Bollocks!

Grebbo
15-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Ahhh.

Right, so their free-kick shouldn't have stood. Stays nil all.

If the pelanty isn't given, then, our second goal stands. If the pelanty is given, our second is disallowed. Thus, we'd have been 1-0 up, if all was fair in love and war.

I make that 3 points.

Fuck 'em.

Exactly! It's an utter nonsense.

Ah well, fuck em the dumb chebs.

Ollie the Optimist
15-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I don't remember Norwich complaining much last year when in the last minute one of their players took out judas two yards from the goal, from behind stopping judas putting it in an open goal for the win.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Its all a well laid out conspiracy