Cripps_orig
16-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Shockingly horrific performance.

Welcome back Arsenal

cricketsi
16-04-2013, 08:40 PM

Welcome back Arsenal

Not really, but not good enough in front of goal.

KSE Comedy Club
Wenger to blame here, fucking moron with his team selection but the idiot never learns.

wheelchair should've been on the bench, Poldi should have started along with nacho.

apart from that, we were pretty shit.

Oh, and pretty fucking dissappointed with Giroof today.

cheesy bites
Fair result. Arsenal pushed and pushed but Giroud forgot his shooting boots.

We can't really moan about Everton's physicality, and at the same time ask that we should copy that sort of style.

Maestro
16-04-2013, 08:41 PM
fuck!

is all I can say

fakeyank
16-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Should have won! Giroud was shit today..

Ramsey has been awesome in the last few games!

bilko22
16-04-2013, 08:42 PM
it was like watching stoke vs bolton but worse
12mil buys you a pretty average striker these days.....

Cripps_orig
16-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Fuck them all

With top 4 gone, I hope we get Europa at least

Globalgunner
16-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Another game fucked up by the manager. Shit selection, wilshire should not have started, Nor gibbs

Marc Overmars
Disappointing result and an even more disappointing performance.

Wilshere was incredibly poor and you have to wonder why he was even starting.

Giroud and Theo were typically shit.

Ramzi and Cartwhorela were #decent.

Defence were ok.

cheesy bites
Fuck them all

With top 4 gone, I hope we get Europa at least

That's news to me.

Cripps_orig
it was like watching stoke vs bolton but worse
12mil buys you a pretty average striker these days.....

£8m would have got us Ba who is so much better

Xhaka Can’t
16-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Different game when Jack and Theo were hauled off. Other than Giroud, I can't complain about the last half hour.

Wenger was negligent starting Jack - on the same day he reckoned he brought him back before he was ready. It is complete and utter stupidity.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2013, 08:46 PM
That's news to me.

Out of our hands

bilko22
Different game when Jack and Theo were hauled off. Other than Giroud, I can't complain about the last half hour.

Wenger was negligent starting Jack - on the same day he reckoned he brought him back before he was ready. It is complete and utter stupidity.

True.

Master Splinter
Poor first half as usual. But Giroud should have scored.

Very good second half. But Giroud should have scored a few times.

Wilshere and Walcott were horrid. Neither should have started. WUMger handicapped us from the start. Then WengBOT waited too long to bring on the subs.

Ramsey was excellent again. Koscielny classy as ever. Cazorla influential in the second half.

Podolski and Chamberox deserve to start. Both offer a needed directness.

Winning at Fulham would probably compensate for this result.

cheesy bites
16-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Out of our hands

That doesn't mean we've lost CL for next year. Chelsea are seemingly playing every day for the next millenium, and Spurs still have City to play. Plus a game between Chelsea and Spurs.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
attritional game, so annoying that wenger goes with a starting line up without any pace in midfield, putting square pegs in round holes and refusal to start podolski.

it's clear we looked more concerned about not losing the game than winning it.

Lord Nelson

Welcome back Arsenal
At least we have a chance when playing in the Europa League! Wenger and the Board out. Cu##s!

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2013, 08:48 PM

Yep.

Wenger makes himself look like a total cock again.

McNamara That Ghost...
Out of our hands

It isn't.

KSE Comedy Club
Fuck me, wright should've gone to specsavers!

Alpha
16-04-2013, 08:50 PM
That's just reactions from disappointed fans . Everton is not an easy team . One more point gained is not too bad . You can't play well every day .

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Ramsey was bloody fantastic. Same with Cazorla. Gibbs played well and so did Kos and Sagna.

Wilshere was awful. As soon as he came off we bossed them and put consistent pressure on their defenders. He should never have started. Giroud was guilty of fucking up some great chances. Not convinced he's good enough for this team. Poor shot technique, touches and pretty weak.

Walcott was shit as well. Hardly touched the ball but when he did he played in bad passes, took bad touches and kept overrunning the ball.

Wenger is an absolute prick for starting Wilshere after admitting he wasn't fit and Wilshere came close to crocking himself. Took him too long to make the change. He was the worst player on the pitch tonight. He just couldn't get going with him on and soon as he went off we started ticking. Another shout out to Ramsey for playing so well. I never knew he had it in him. He showed strength, kept it simple and played with intelligence.

Lord Nelson
16-04-2013, 08:51 PM
That's just reactions from disappointed fans . Everton is not an easy team . One more point gained is not too bad . You can't play well every day .
Did we play well against Norwich? No!

cheesy bites
16-04-2013, 08:52 PM
While a draw isn't a terrible result against Everton, it does give us almost no margin for error and defeat against United would be a massive blow.

Kano
16-04-2013, 08:53 PM
really enjoyed that game. brilliantly tense 90 minutes. we had to drop points eventually although we should have won it. solid defending and it took us a while to get going.

and please keep wilshere on the bench.

Lord Nelson
16-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Ramsey was bloody fantastic. Same with Cazorla. Gibbs played well and so did Kos and Sagna.

Wilshere was awful. As soon as he came off we bossed them and put consistent pressure on their defenders. He should never have started. Giroud was guilty of fucking up some great chances. Not convinced he's good enough for this team. Poor shot technique, touches and pretty weak.

Walcott was shit as well. Hardly touched the ball but when he did he played in bad passes, took bad touches and kept overrunning the ball.

Wenger is an absolute prick for starting Wilshere after admitting he wasn't fit and Wilshere came close to crocking himself. Took him too long to make the change. He was the worst player on the pitch tonight. He just couldn't get going with him on and soon as he went off we started ticking. Another shout out to Ramsey for playing so well. I never knew he had it in him. He showed strength, kept it simple and played with intelligence.
Typical Wallnut! Now that the greedy fuck has got his new contract, he goes back to being shit! Sell the fucker to Liverpool.

Xhaka Can’t
16-04-2013, 08:54 PM
It certainly wasn't 90 minutes wasted.

If we had a striker, we'd have won.

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2013, 08:58 PM
It certainly wasn't 90 minutes wasted.

If we had a striker, we'd have won.
Unfortunately he was left on the bench for 70 mins, then had no decent service and tried to create instead.

gunnerrrrr
16-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Having grown up watching Ian Wright, Henry and more recently RVP.....Giroud simply is not anywhere near good enough to be playing at a club of this stature. Dont get me wrong he is extremly likable and comes across as a hard worker, passionate etc but he is just not of that world class ilk..

I would love to give him time, but the individual brilliance, flair, execution is not there...hes nowhere near as bad as Chamack or Bendtner and would be great at West Ham for example or even Everton, but we need more or the mediocrity will continue

Marc Overmars
16-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Time for Cesc to come home and bring back the days of creating 10 chances a game, where even shit strikers like Adebayor could score 30 goals.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Only thing can take from the game really was the defence

Sagna arguably had the best game i've seen him have in 2013, Mertesacker was caught out by pace at times but did well with balls into the box, Koscielny was imperious, Gibbs was excellent going forward.

Ox had another good cameo from attacking sense, but Cazorla was in and out of the game even when he was moved to his favoured position......Ramsey is a dreadful footballer but managed to make a nuisance of himself in a good way during corners. Giroud needs an amputation of his unfavoured foot....

Don't want to criticise Wilshere too much, clearly shouldn't have started....isn't fit.

LDG
16-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Poor first half as usual. But Giroud should have scored.

Very good second half. But Giroud should have scored a few times.

Wilshere and Walcott were horrid. Neither should have started. WUMger handicapped us from the start. Then WengBOT waited too long to bring on the subs.

Ramsey was excellent again. Koscielny classy as ever. Cazorla influential in the second half.

Podolski and Chamberox deserve to start. Both offer a needed directness.

Winning at Fulham would probably compensate for this result.

Spot on.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2013, 09:02 PM
No creativity in the middle of the park

Arteta is shit. Wilshere overrated and Cazorla a myth

Where the hell was Rosicky?

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Typical Wallnut! Now that the greedy fuck has got his new contract, he goes back to being shit! Sell the fucker to Liverpool.

He wasn't involved for large chunks but it was the same for Caz until Wilshere came off. Wilshere and Giroud were our biggest problems today. We couldn't mount a single chance because there were a lot of fuck ups from the middle and a lot of that had to do with Wilshere. When we did get a good chance, Giroud fucked it up.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2013, 09:06 PM
The problem is, that was probably Wenget's preferred 11 out there.

He made some positive changes in recent weeks but it appears as though they were merely forced by injuries, typically he's reverts back to a set-up which has failed miserably this season.

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Having grown up watching Ian Wright, Henry and more recently RVP.....Giroud simply is not anywhere near good enough to be playing at a club of this stature. Dont get me wrong he is extremly likable and comes across as a hard worker, passionate etc but he is just not of that world class ilk..

I would love to give him time, but the individual brilliance, flair, execution is not there...hes nowhere near as bad as Chamack or Bendtner and would be great at West Ham for example or even Everton, but we need more or the mediocrity will continue

I would argue Chamakh and Bendy are better. Giroud has terrible shot technique and a touch that rivals Adebayor's. But what makes it worse, he's slower than all of them and probably as weak as Chamakh. He's not good.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-04-2013, 09:09 PM
really enjoyed that game. brilliantly tense 90 minutes. we had to drop points eventually although we should have won it. solid defending and it took us a while to get going.

and please keep wilshere on the bench.

what game were you watching?....i thought it was a dreadful game.....take away the first ten minutes and everton created nothing apart from fashioning free kicks that they completed wasted.....we created good chances on the break very sporadically....the whole thing was attritional.....the first half was the worst thing i've ever seen.......no-one seemed to have the poise or ability to avoid giving the ball away on either side....Fellaini especially was absolutely shocking.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2013, 09:13 PM
I would argue Chamakh and Bendy are better. Giroud has terrible shot technique and a touch that rivals Adebayor's. But what makes it worse, he's slower than all of them and probably as weak as Chamakh. He's not good.

I'm not much of a Giroud fan but there's no chance Chakma and Dennis Bendtner are better. They were fortunate enough to play in sides that were able to create a bagful of chances a game but they still stunk the place out.

Giroud feeds of scraps for the most part and has still managed a respectable return.

You're right about his oaf-like tekkers though.

Xhaka Can’t
16-04-2013, 09:15 PM
The problem is, that was probably Wenget's preferred 11 out there.

He made some positive changes in recent weeks but it appears as though they were merely forced by injuries, typically he's reverts back to a set-up which has failed miserably this season.

I don't understand how anyone could be so pig headed - especially with so much at stake. Even if you stumble on a winning formula, accept it and leave well alone.

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm not much of a Giroud fan but there's no chance Chakma and Dennis Bendtner are better. They were fortunate enough to play in sides that were able to create a bagful of chances a game but they still stunk the place out.

Giroud feeds of scraps for the most part and has still managed a respectable return.

You're right about his oaf-like tekkers though.

Technically, those guys were better. Chamakh's hold up play was better and he could control a ball. Bendy was on and off with his touch but very good in the air and could at least hit a shot properly. Poor, poor players. But I think we have hit a new low with this guy.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-04-2013, 09:19 PM
had he started with the team that finished the game i am convinced we would have won, the guy's stubborness is bordering on the obsessive....he seems psychologically unable to make a tactical substitution until the 67th minute. The guy probably eats sandwiches with a knife and fork.

Özim
16-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Only saw last 10 mins or so, really laboured to create anything in that time though, when we did Arteta messed it up (don't know what happened to this guy once upon a time he was good).

Saw a few up and unders to Giroud and although he wins headers they don't really seem to be very accurate.

Xhaka Can’t
16-04-2013, 09:23 PM
had he started with the team that finished the game i am convinced we would have won, the guy's stubborness is bordering on the obsessive....he seems psychologically unable to make a tactical substitution until the 67th minute. The guy probably eats sandwiches with a knife and fork.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxB-H6f3crY

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 09:25 PM
I don't understand how anyone could be so pig headed - especially with so much at stake. Even if you stumble on a winning formula, accept it and leave well alone.

It's unbelievable. Couldn't believe when I saw the squad selection.

Kano
16-04-2013, 09:25 PM
what game were you watching?
one that i enjoyed as a football match. is that ok?

Cripps_orig
16-04-2013, 09:27 PM
one that i enjoyed as a football match. is that ok?

Serious?

What did you enjoy about it?

Kano
16-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Serious?

What did you enjoy about it?

tense, competitive and end to end at times. sure, the style of football wasn't great but that doesn't always make an enjoyable game. i had no problem with it. i won't be screaming about lost points that's for sure.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2013, 09:31 PM
It's unbelievable. Couldn't believe when I saw the squad selection.

Podolski, Rosicky, Ox and Gervais - most, if not all of them deserve to be involved.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-04-2013, 09:34 PM
tense, competitive and end to end at times. sure, the style of football wasn't great but that doesn't always make an enjoyable game. i had no problem with it. i won't be screaming about lost points that's for sure.

I've felt more tense after taking valium personally......but each to their own.

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Podolski, Rosicky, Ox and Gervais - most, if not all of them deserve to be involved.

Exactly, can't fathom why they didn't play/start.

Wenger is obviously on a mission to prove something to someone again....possibly that chap he sees everyday - in the mirror.

Kano
16-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Gerv can do one. After that 45 against Norwich I can't bear to watch him again. A couple of goals then he can't even pass two yards.

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Gerv can do one. After that 45 against Norwich I can't bear to watch him again. A couple of goals then he can't even pass two yards.

Ironically that's what happened pretty much throughout the game from both teams tonight.

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 09:39 PM

He's an idiot. The comments today about Wilshere just proved it.

Globalgunner
In any other walk of life Wenger would be sectioned under the law and locked away in an asylum. If he was in charge of a company he would take them into banjruptcy and pay himself out of the workers pension fund. Crazy man. He knows what is right but does the wrong thing just to spite the people who dare suggest he do it the right way

Cripps_orig

Fair enough

I for one found it a terrible game between 2 run of the mill average sides devoid of any quality, incident or excitement.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2013, 09:40 PM

He's a freak but he's still capable of producing something even if he doesn't know himself what he's doing. :lol:

Cripps_orig
16-04-2013, 09:52 PM
It isn't.

Pretty sure it is.

If spuds win all their games, they are on 76 points. If Chelsea win all their games bar the spud one, they also finish on 76. Most we can get is 75

Alpha
16-04-2013, 10:06 PM

Did we win the game against Norwich ? Yes . That 's what count the most .

Alpha
16-04-2013, 10:11 PM

I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt . Many strikers struggle in their first season in England . Once they are adapted to they game , they make those who criticize them eat their words .

Letters
16-04-2013, 10:20 PM
I enjoyed it too and thought overall it was a good performance. After the first 15 minutes when Everton started brightly we took charge and looked good.
Giroud is not as bad as some are making out but he's no RvP. To be fair not many players are. He's done well for a first season but he's not a world class, clinical striker. If we had one we'd have won that tonight.

Disappointing and frustrating result but can't fault the performance too much.
Ramsey was outstanding. Thought Cazorla did well. Wilshere looked better than Saturday but still needs more match time. Walcott added very little.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Pretty sure it is.

If spuds win all their games, they are on 76 points. If Chelsea win all their games bar the spud one, they also finish on 76. Most we can get is 75

Ah ok. Fairly unlikely though.

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm not even asking for a World Class striker. I'd settle for one that can strike a ball properly, can control a pass and sort their feet out when taking a shot. He's in Gervinho territory with some of his clumsiness. A player of Eduardo's standard would do. Even Adebayor.

Also, Wilshere looked worse and we can't afford to give him match time if he's going to play that badly. We looked a lot better once he went off.

fakeyank
16-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Is Rosicky out till next year then? He will come and put in 2 good performances for everyone to call him world class and he will fuck off again to the treatment table. What a waste of resources. Biggest flop in AFC history!

Cripps_orig
16-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Is Rosicky out till next year then? He will come and put in 2 good performances for everyone to call him world class and he will fuck off again to the treatment table. What a waste of resources. Biggest flop in AFC history!

He was on the bench

Cripps_orig
16-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Arsène Wenger spoke to the media after the Everton game. Below is a transcript of the press conference:

on the performance…
My first answer is that we should have won the game. The second, it keeps us still in a strong position in the race for the top four. Basically, the game was very intense physically. I felt that in the first half the referee didn't deal at all well with the intimidating physical challenges, but that we responded well to the physicality. We had fantastic commitment. It was detrimental a little to the fluency of our game, but we kept going and had good concentration. The regret I have is that we had the chances to score. Maybe we used power instead of technique too much in our finishing. And, the second regret I have is that with the number of set-pieces we had at home, there has to be a goal. Apart from that, I can only congratulate the team for the spirit and commitment.

on Darron Gibson's challenges...
Yes [he should have been sent off]. I never speak to the referee. I don't know why [he wasn't], honestly. He should have had a yellow card already before the first one.

on Everton's tackling...
That's part of the game. We had to deal with that and the referee has to make the right decisions. Apart from that, it was a game of huge intensity, a fight for both teams. You have to respect the effort Everton put in. They decided to make it very physical for us to disturb our game and sometimes went a little bit over the edge, but the referee had to make the right decision. I don't blame Everton for that. 'Protecting' is a big word, but they have to make the right decisions.

on having chances to win...
I do not want to comment on every decision of the referee. Despite all that, we had the chances to win the game. We can only look at ourselves and next time try and take our chances. We are on a very strong run with a fantastic run so we do not want to complain too much about what didn't go for us. Let's look at ourselves, come back in the next game and win it.

on where it leaves them…
We have 60 points and I believe, against Everton, we dropped two. But if we win our coming games we'll get there. The other teams have 58 with a game in hand but they play each other. We just don't want to depend on the results of the other teams. What is the most important thing is to win our next game. My belief was always strong and still is. I'm confident we'll do it. The best way is to put the same effort into the next game.

on Gibbs coming off...
He was tired. Just fatigue.

Ref was hardly at fault

GP
16-04-2013, 11:47 PM

Yeah, we were pretty good.

Niall_Quinn
17-04-2013, 12:30 AM
First and foremost, it's a disgrace a shit like Giroud is at this club. Fucking joke. It's hard to believe but we've scoured the earth and managed to find a worse striker than Chamakh. ****.

Walcott. Fucking hell. That kid is stealing from us.

Wenger. Another shit starting line up that totally ignored the form of the players.

Moyes. Do we really want an anti-football **** like that as our manager?

Otherwise plenty of industry but hardly any technique. This is such a poor Arsenal team. Spent most of the match fuming at how shit we are at passing, positional play, crossing. Desperate stuff. Everton just as bad of course.

Any plus points? Another decent performance from Ramsey. He does much better in these low quality clog ups. He certainly had a better touch than Cazorla or Arteta today.

But Giroud... Fuck me, what a useless **** he is.

Two home points chucked down the drain, a chance to tighten the screw on our rivals. No surprise we blew it. We usually do.

Niall_Quinn
17-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Ref was hardly at fault

He was dreadfully at fault when he made up new rules to keep Gibson on the pitch. No point having rules if they change between the kick off and the final whistle.

Özil's Panoramic View
17-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Didn't get to see the game, thanks to which ever nebulous deity....

From all accounts, it seems it was our usual shit performance, only this time no goal to make the rotten stinking excrement a bit bearable.

I'm now convinced Wenger has a mental problem. How the fuck could he come out with a statement like that about Wilshere and then have him in the 1st team just a few hours later? But heh, who the fuck are we to question Le Boss? None of us has been a manager for 30 years. He needs to gtfo the club now. I had begun to soften my stance on him, but this man never seems to learn. Was back to his silly team selection again and pre-planned subs.

CL footie or not, the main concern should be that we'll likely finish the season some 25 points off the winner. Fucking awesome, right? Especially considering how shit the mancs are.

Summer will come and we'll sell a couple of players - Podolski seems to come in handy here.... Renewal of season tickets will be of paramount importance to the profiteering leeches, so of course, we'll be farcically linked with all sort of top players who want to make a move to the PL, only to see the addition of a few more dross.

By winter, we'll be out the title race again, but no worries, the quest for the virtual trophy will be on in ernest.

We all know the rest. Fucking ground hog day all day, every day for the last 7 seasons.

Pathetic! :headbang:

Japan Shaking All Over
17-04-2013, 05:20 AM
That doesn't mean we've lost CL for next year. Chelsea are seemingly playing every day for the next millenium, and Spurs still have City to play. Plus a game between Chelsea and Spurs.9

Don't give in to the WUMmness of others

Letters
17-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Giroud has 17 goals and 13 assists from 44 games.

In terms of league goals, Cazorla has 12, Walcott and Giroud both have 11.

Giroud is not a world class, clinical striker but he's nowhere as bad as some on here are making out. For a first season in a new league he's done fine.

Özil's Panoramic View
17-04-2013, 07:20 AM
We should also be mindful of just how misleading stats can be.

There are games against shit teams in which we score next to obscene amount of goals with some players picking up braces and hat-tricks, pushing there goal tally up.

Then there are crunch games where a goal or two are needed, but we simply no longer have a TH14, Bergkamp or an RvC to do exceptional.

Marc Overmars
17-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Blame the manager, if we had an exceptional striker we wouldn't need to be so reliant on hit and miss players like Giroud and Theo.

I understand the frustrations about Bif though, as this type of striker is not my cup of tea. I prefer smaller, clever and instinctive strikers. Rather than big battering ram types who are tasked with bringing others into play, I think it limits them and generally they're not selfish enough to be clinical.

LDG
17-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Giroud has been pretty poor in the first half of matches just recently, and then seems to up his game a bit in the second half.

I didn't think he was that awful last night. The one he blasted over was annoying, as he should have hit the target, but the lay back ball wasn't on for him, so it was a difficult angle, where you need to get power behind the ball.

He was unlucky with the two "open goals" as there was some astonishingly good defending for both to get the toe in.

He's not Henry, he's not Bergkamp or RVP. He was 12 million quid, and with 17 goals, that represents pretty good value for money.

We do need better. We need world class. But he's not "shit". Just unlucky that he plays for a team that has been graced with superhuman strikers for 20+ years in Wright, Henry, Bergkamp and RVP.

Letters
17-04-2013, 08:43 AM
We should also be mindful of just how misleading stats can be.

There are games against shit teams in which we score next to obscene amount of goals with some players picking up braces and hat-tricks, pushing there goal tally up.

Then there are crunch games where a goal or two are needed, but we simply no longer have a TH14, Bergkamp or an RvC to do exceptional.
Fine, I agree with that. Giroud isn't exceptional. We don't have a truly exceptional striker and we need one if we're going to push to the next level.
But some of the comments about Giroud are ludicrously over the top. For a first season in a new league he's done fine.

selassie
17-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Giroud has been pretty poor in the first half of matches just recently, and then seems to up his game a bit in the second half.

I didn't think he was that awful last night. The one he blasted over was annoying, as he should have hit the target, but the lay back ball wasn't on for him, so it was a difficult angle, where you need to get power behind the ball.

He was unlucky with the two "open goals" as there was some astonishingly good defending for both to get the toe in.

He's not Henry, he's not Bergkamp or RVP. He was 12 million quid, and with 17 goals, that represents pretty good value for money.

We do need better. We need world class. But he's not "shit". Just unlucky that he plays for a team that has been graced with superhuman strikers for 20+ years in Wright, Henry, Bergkamp and RVP.

Pretty much. He's not good enough to be leading the line, probably the worst "main" striker we have had at the club in Wenger's tenure.

He'd make a very good backup striker though.

selassie
17-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Anybody else worried that we never seem to get a grip of the BIG games? Any team we have faced who are above us or around us close to us in the table we have struggled against.

I don't expect us to beat every team we face but I am pretty disappointed how we have fared in the BIG games.

Power n Glory
17-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Fine, I agree with that. Giroud isn't exceptional. We don't have a truly exceptional striker and we need one if we're going to push to the next level.
But some of the comments about Giroud are ludicrously over the top. For a first season in a new league he's done fine.

He’s far from exceptional. Let’s get this out the way and stop comparing him to Henry and RVP. He should be compared to Adebayor, Chamakh, Bendy and maybe Eduardo. His goals stats are good but I think he’s technically one of the worst players we’ve had. Thankfully, he’s brave, not lazy and works. If he didn’t have that in his locker we’d be sunk. But we really need better for next season.

GP
17-04-2013, 09:09 AM

Giroud is not a world class, clinical striker but he's nowhere as bad as some on here are making out. For a first season in a new league he's done fine.

He has his strengths. He's very strong, great movement and first touch. He'll almost always trap the ball when it's played into him. Sadly, it's really just his finish that can let him down at times.

Some of the comments about him have been straight up WUMing.

Unai Tea
17-04-2013, 09:19 AM

I agree. He does a lot of things well and despite his flaws provides a pretty decent return. He's the plan B striker we always needed. Sadly, we sold our plan A striker to Man Utd. Solution therefore is to buy another Plan A striker. That doesn't mean Giroud shouldn't play a useful role in future. I'm not sure why Podolski hasn't been given more of a chance to be that Plan A striker. To me that's a head scratcher.

AKBapologist
17-04-2013, 09:28 AM
GIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU UUUUUUD????/????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????/!!!!!!!!
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Health/Images/kirk-yelling-kahn.jpg

LDG
17-04-2013, 10:34 AM
I agree. He does a lot of things well and despite his flaws provides a pretty decent return. He's the plan B striker we always needed. Sadly, we sold our plan A striker to Man Utd. Solution therefore is to buy another Plan A striker. That doesn't mean Giroud shouldn't play a useful role in future. I'm not sure why Podolski hasn't been given more of a chance to be that Plan A striker. To me that's a head scratcher.

Agreed.

Grebbo
17-04-2013, 02:45 PM
We can't beat the top 6 teams because we don't have a world class forward.

Ollie the Optimist
17-04-2013, 02:53 PM
in my mind before the game yesterday, there were two games which i would be happy with a point at, yesterday was one and united is the other one. we are not going to win every game, so a draw with everton is not the worst result in the world. they are a good team.

i thought we did well yesterday, created some good chances but just couldnt finish them, i like giroud, i think he has done very well for his first season but there is no excuse for missing that first half chance. i wonder how different it owuld have been if the ref hadnt bottled it and sent gibson off

IBK
17-04-2013, 06:21 PM
what game were you watching?....i thought it was a dreadful game.....take away the first ten minutes and everton created nothing apart from fashioning free kicks that they completed wasted.....we created good chances on the break very sporadically....the whole thing was attritional.....the first half was the worst thing i've ever seen.......no-one seemed to have the poise or ability to avoid giving the ball away on either side....Fellaini especially was absolutely shocking.

The same game I was watching. One of the most exciting games I've watched at the Emirates. Scoreline was disappointing, and I agree with the comments about Walcott and Wilshere, but I thought we showed good tempo and commitment against a team that came only to spoil. Everton are a decent team, so they do the spoiling thing very effectively but the fact that no effort was made by them to play - against a team in a similar points position shows why they won't finish above us and why Moyes IMO has reached his highest level. We should have taken our chances better, but those who imply we were awful show scant understanding of the game. Sorry.

IBK
17-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I enjoyed it too and thought overall it was a good performance. After the first 15 minutes when Everton started brightly we took charge and looked good.
Giroud is not as bad as some are making out but he's no RvP. To be fair not many players are. He's done well for a first season but he's not a world class, clinical striker. If we had one we'd have won that tonight.

Disappointing and frustrating result but can't fault the performance too much.
Ramsey was outstanding. Thought Cazorla did well. Wilshere looked better than Saturday but still needs more match time. Walcott added very little.

Correct. Unsurprisingly.

IBK
17-04-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm not even asking for a World Class striker. I'd settle for one that can strike a ball properly, can control a pass and sort their feet out when taking a shot. He's in Gervinho territory with some of his clumsiness. A player of Eduardo's standard would do. Even Adebayor.

Also, Wilshere looked worse and we can't afford to give him match time if he's going to play that badly. We looked a lot better once he went off.

Nah. Whore would have been no better, and would have worked half as hard.

IBK
17-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Pretty much. He's not good enough to be leading the line, probably the worst "main" striker we have had at the club in Wenger's tenure.

He'd make a very good backup striker though.

He's not shite. I would say that he's a decent second or third choice option - and that his main fault has been the manager's reliance on him.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Wilshere and Mirallas let off by the FA.

Didn't even know anything happened. Even our bust ups are boring and shit

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Wilshere and Mirallas let off by the FA.

Didn't even know anything happened. Even our bust ups are boring and shit
Miralles squirted Wilshere in the face with his drink. Wilshere didn't like that...

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2013, 07:21 PM
That actually pissed me off a bit when sky showed it.

Miralles was clearly trying to goad jack into a reaction and it worked.

But it was all just harmless fun :rolleyes:

IBK
17-04-2013, 07:24 PM
The less FA involvement the better.