PDA

View Full Version : Texas Explosion

LDG
18-04-2013, 10:41 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22195495

Between 5 and 15 thought to be dead in an explosion at a fertlizer plant in Texas.

Nothing on whether it was deliberate just yet, but still. Poor people :(

Letters
18-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Sounds like this one was an accident but still.

:rose:

Syn
18-04-2013, 12:11 PM
When that Boston marathon explosion happened, some hippy on Facebook very consciously posted a story of how, just a few hours before that, 31 people were killed from co-ordinated bombs in Iraq. Thought-provoking IMO.

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2013, 12:16 PM
When that Boston marathon explosion happened, some hippy on Facebook very consciously posted a story of how, just a few hours before that, 31 people were killed from co-ordinated bombs in Iraq. Thought-provoking IMO.

The Iraq thing happens mostly every day. It's old. Boston bomb much more exciting... I mean tragic.

Letters
18-04-2013, 12:25 PM
By 'people' do you mean 'non-Americans'? Who cares about that?

Syn
18-04-2013, 12:36 PM
There's a famous saying that describes this behaviour. I believe it is, "When the rest of the world sneezes, America just lols".

Letters
18-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Reminds me of an old HIGNFY joke reporting on a plane crash "luckily, no-one on board was...British".

LDG
18-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Well, quite. It's just as insane and horrific. Tbf to the media, those kind of things are broadcast every day....but it's our western "24" culture to want to see "Boston" the film/musical which changes things, and the media know this....I'm just as bad at reacting to it I guess....

When you start to think about it, you realise just how fucked up the world is. Syria, Iran, Iraq, Korea, most countries in Africa.....poverty, war, famine, human rights.....I feel pretty useless sometimes thinking about it....NQ will probably tell me what I should do, but it is difficult to think about these things when living our sheltered lives. My monthly donation to Amnesty International....makes me feel worse really, as it feels like I'm hiding behind it....

I dunno....confuses and saddens me....this game of life sucks the biggun sometimes.

Syn
18-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Last year when I was moaning about wanting to fuck off abroad, some Italianbro told me "why do you think everyone from europe wants to come London?". We might be shit but everywhere else is shitter (apart from the US which is awesome). We take it for granted. You could've been born anywhere.

Would go further but 4th pint conversation tbf.

LDG
18-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Last year when I was moaning about wanting to fuck off abroad, some Italianbro told me "why do you think everyone from europe wants to come London?". We might be shit but everywhere else is shitter (apart from the US which is awesome). We take it for granted. You could've been born anywhere.

Would go further but 4th pint conversation tbf.

It's like a trophy.

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2013, 02:49 PM
NQ will probably tell me what I should do...

No I won't. All I ask is that people acknowledge these things are actually happening. That's enough. It's the people who say nothing is happening, or try to justify it with reasons they've been handed by the perpetrators - that's what enrages me.

Letters
18-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Everything enrages you!

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Everything enrages you!

Wrong. Did you see me explode in rage when Thatcher died?