PDA

View Full Version : PFA Nominations

Marc Overmars
19-04-2013, 11:11 AM
POTY - Bale, Carrick, Hazard, Mata, RVC, Suarez

Young POTY - Bale, Benteke, Lukaku, Welbeck, Wheelchair

Master Splinter
19-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Gareth Bale, Michael Carrick, Eden Hazard, Juan Mata, Luis Suarez and Robin van Persie are nominated for the 2012-13 Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award.

Gareth Bale, Eden Hazard, Christian Benteke, Romelu Lukaku, Danny Welbeck and Jack Wilshere are nominated for the Professional Footballers' Young Player of the Year award.

Hazard for the player of the year award? :doh:

Wellshit? Woolcheer? Oh dear.

Gervinho woz robbed.

LDG
19-04-2013, 11:14 AM
:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Wilshere and Welbeck. :bow:

GHEL sympathy nominations.

Master Splinter
19-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Maccy decided mine was more worthy.

Delete MO's thread tbf.

MO :pal:.

Marc Overmars
19-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm surprised Carrick made it given he's very underrated.

LDG
19-04-2013, 11:22 AM
:lol:

I see nobody bothered to move my post accross...:sulk:

Therefore, here it is again.

Master Splinter
19-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Mata and Suarez's output over the season has been the most consistent.

I'd give it to Wan Mata. Suarez often scores shitloads against well, shit. Like Berbatov did at United.

1) Mata
2) Suarez
3) Carrick
4) RVC
5) Bale
6) Ayden Azar

Benteke has to win the young player award.

Joker
19-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Bale for POTY and Benteke for YPOTY.

Don't see why RVP was nominated over Michu tbh. And the only reason Wilshere was nominated for YPTOY is because he's English.

Kano
19-04-2013, 01:11 PM
suarez is the most exciting player in this league but he won't win because his fellow pros think he's a ****. bale will be their darling and win it.

how hazard and carrick got in there is anyone's guess. when michu, baines or even cazorla have been better.

bentek's to win junior. although lukaku has been pretty special too.

GP
19-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Laughable that Cazorla isn't nominated.

Özil's Panoramic View
19-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Nomination of Carrick, Wilshere and Welfuckingshit (:haha: :haha: :haha:) only serves to reinforce our knowledge that any such nomination/award is a farce.

As for Hazard, no one can deny how talented this kid is and he definitely belongs on any player of the year list, but Cazorla should have been right up there with him. Cazorla has had just as good a season as any other, with goals (most, crucial game winners), assist, accurate through passes, etc, so I really can't see any justification for him not being among the nominees.....oh, forgive please, I did already mention what a farce these things are.

Again, WellShit. :haha:

Marc Overmars
19-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Don't see what's wrong with Carrick, he's pretty good tbf.

Agree with Chimpzola being in ahead of Azar.

Welbz and Windsnare are the token GHEL nominations.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-04-2013, 01:40 PM
I've lazily merged the threads.

MS deserves to have his original kept due to the effort in presentation.

MO did a Cripps tbf.

Kano
19-04-2013, 01:44 PM
carrick is pretty good for his team but as a stand out performer in the league? not sure i buy it. rvc has been far more decisive for them when it comes to winning this title. i think the stat was 22 points have been won off the back of his goals.

Marc Overmars
19-04-2013, 03:03 PM
carrick is pretty good for his team but as a stand out performer in the league? not sure i buy it.

Yeah I guess that's fair.

I've just always been a fan of Carrick, a pub team version of Busquets but still quite effective at what he does. United's central midfield is fairly average as it is but he keeps them ticking over at the level they need to be at.

Not sure why he's been overlooked for England, well actually I do, it's because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken and belt the odd 20 yarder in.

GP
19-04-2013, 03:13 PM
He's always been better than Lampard for sure

LDG
19-04-2013, 03:17 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/35607068.jpg

PGFC
19-04-2013, 03:22 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/35607068.jpg

:d

Cripps_orig
19-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Been said before but

Carrick :haha:

Welbeck :haha:

Wilshere :haha:

Suarez has to win. Hazard is awesome.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-04-2013, 10:49 PM
carrick :haha:

Brwned
27-04-2013, 08:07 AM
How can anyone laugh at Carrick when he's got every chance of winning our player of the year ahead of van Persie?

The Arsenal manager likened the Van Persie move of last summer to a childless yet broody 39-year-old woman, chasing what she wanted before it was too late and it is fair to say that the striker has delivered in his debut season at Old Trafford.

Van Persie's 24 league goals, after his £24m transfer from Arsenal, have been fundamental to United's 20th championship, which will be marked at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday when the home team form a pre-match guard of honour. Van Persie could scarcely have scripted his return better, even if the crowd are sure to be hostile towards him. For Wenger, though, it is the other United player on the PFA's shortlist that has been the star this season.

"I would choose Carrick," Wenger said. "He is a quality passer. He could play for Barcelona, he would be perfectly suited to their game. He has a good vision and is an intelligent player, and it is for what he has achieved in his whole career as well. It is this year or never for him, just because he is 31 and after, they go down.

"You have a few other choices. Robin stayed for a while without scoring and the PFA vote happened during that period so that could go against him. You had [Luis] Suárez but he has bitten into his reward. You have Gareth Bale. I think Carrick is an underrated player in England and sometimes not only should the goalscorer be rewarded but the real players at the heart of the game."

Xhaka Can’t
27-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Like this ----> :haha:

Welcome back.

GP
27-04-2013, 09:18 AM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-04-2013, 09:51 AM
:lol: carrick

wenger trying to be clever by going for the tangent and unobvious choice as usual, but just looking like a dick, as usual.

Özil's Panoramic View
27-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Carrick. :haha:

Wenger. :bow:

What a troll. :lol:

Brwned
27-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Maybe this is just one of those times where the rest of the league realises about 12 months later that he's taken his game up a notch. He's finally exuding a bit of presence and leadership for the first time in his United career and he's easily been the best centre mid in the league. You could compare him to Busquets five years ago when he always deferred to Scholes and at one point even let Fletcher (fail to) take control but it's a completely different situation now. He's a one-man midfield. In the past 18 months he's played alongside Park (winger/attacking midfielder), Rafael (fullback), Giggs (converted winger), Jones (centre back), Rooney (forward), Scholes (retired), Anderson (overweight and unfit), Fletcher (seriously ill) and Cleverley (only lasts 60 mins). Half of them can't pass and the rest can't defend. Would Busquets look as good as he does now if he was given such little support? I don't think so, personally. I still think he's the better player of course but Carrick's in a unique situation at a top club and he copes with it better than many top midfielders.

Niall_Quinn
27-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Can't recall a more nailed on certainty than van Purse. Nobody else is within a mile. So they'll probably pick Carrick just to imply they know stuff about football we can never be qualified to understand.

Marc Overmars
28-04-2013, 08:11 PM
PFA Team of the Year: De Gea; Zabaleta, Ferdinand, Vertongen, Baines; Hazard, Carrick, Mata, Bale; van Persie, Suarez.

GP
28-04-2013, 08:12 PM
De Gea :haha:

Ferdinand :haha:

Cripps_orig
28-04-2013, 08:14 PM
PFA Team of the Year: De Gea; Zabaleta, Ferdinand, Vertongen, Baines; Hazard, Carrick, Mata, Bale; van Persie, Suarez.

Still makes me laugh. Agree with the rest.

De Gea is brilliant. I hate being right :(

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Are all the awards tonight?

Can see it being Van Persie and Bale.

GP
28-04-2013, 08:19 PM
What counts as 'young' player anyway?

Should be under 21s

Marc Overmars
28-04-2013, 08:21 PM
De Gea is brilliant. I hate being right :(

He is very good. You actually called that one from the beginning, fair play tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2013, 08:25 PM
No players in the team of the year and we're still fourth.

Wenger's Champions League magnetism. :bow:

Cripps_orig
28-04-2013, 08:31 PM
He is very good. You actually called that one from the beginning, fair play tbh.

I had seen him a couple of times back in my La Liga watching days. Him and Asenjo were 2 quality keepers for Atletico. Asenjo succumbed to injury. De Gea has grown from strength to strength.

More importantly, he was brilliant for me in Football Manager.

Marc Overmars
28-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Bale has apparently won both awards. :lol:

Bentekkers woz robbed.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Awards. :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
28-04-2013, 10:06 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/7000/MONKEYS--7202.jpg

A triumphant night for the Bale clan.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Bale has apparently won both awards. :lol:

Bentekkers woz robbed.

Seems there are a lot of corrupt goons posing as respectable football men who must be cut into monkey boy's big money transfer. Only explanation for this super hyped primate being awarded anything at all.

Cripps_orig
28-04-2013, 10:31 PM
RVC :haha:

With us he's the best player in the league, joins the Mancs and is Bales bitch

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Reginald D Hunter. :lol:

PFA reps aren't happy with him being booked for the awards last night. Hope Sky show it fairly unedited. :lol:

PGFC
29-04-2013, 03:12 PM

PFA reps aren't happy with him being booked for the awards last night. Hope Sky show it fairly unedited. :lol:

They won't, he used the C word :good:

though I hear the great and good booed every time Suarez's name was mentioned :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2013, 03:15 PM
What organisation would limit the use of the C word eh?

Still, at least it wasn't insulting Bale's family.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-04-2013, 03:22 PM

though I hear the great and good booed every time Suarez's name was mentioned :rolleyes:

Really?

He's definitely a pantomime villain.

PGFC
29-04-2013, 03:22 PM
What organisation would limit the use of the C word eh?

Still, at least it wasn't insulting Bale's family.

:dance:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2013, 03:25 PM

Really?

He's definitely a pantomime villian.

Oh no he isn't!

Bye.

PGFC
29-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Really?

He's definitely a pantomime villian.

I don't think the Suarez booing was during RDHs act, they just booed his name anyway, would love to see Paul Elliotts reaction though.,

Rors
29-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Hunter rocks. So there. Sorry Clarke.

Kano
29-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Maybe this is just one of those times where the rest of the league realises about 12 months later that he's taken his game up a notch. He's finally exuding a bit of presence and leadership for the first time in his United career and he's easily been the best centre mid in the league. You could compare him to Busquets five years ago when he always deferred to Scholes and at one point even let Fletcher (fail to) take control but it's a completely different situation now. He's a one-man midfield. In the past 18 months he's played alongside Park (winger/attacking midfielder), Rafael (fullback), Giggs (converted winger), Jones (centre back), Rooney (forward), Scholes (retired), Anderson (overweight and unfit), Fletcher (seriously ill) and Cleverley (only lasts 60 mins). Half of them can't pass and the rest can't defend. Would Busquets look as good as he does now if he was given such little support? I don't think so, personally. I still think he's the better player of course but Carrick's in a unique situation at a top club and he copes with it better than many top midfielders.
key player for united at the moment but in the top six performers across the whole league? no way.

Ollie the Optimist
30-04-2013, 05:48 PM
the PFA have got their lawyers involved now to get the money they paid Hunter back

jesus christ. they seem to be taking more action about this, then john terry calling someone a fucking black ****. pathetic

GP
30-04-2013, 06:09 PM
What were they expecting from Reginald D. Hunter??

Dem niggaz be trippin.

Ollie the Optimist
30-04-2013, 06:13 PM
its like booking frankie boyle and then being offended when he doesnt do knock knock jokes.

hunter has done this set for years. idiots

Maestro
30-04-2013, 06:47 PM
anyone got the video or transcript of the jokes he made? or has the gestapo got to it already?

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-04-2013, 06:51 PM
anyone got the video or transcript of the jokes he made? or has the gestapo got to it already?

Most of it was talking about divorcing Dawn French.

Maestro
30-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Most of it was talking about divorcing Dawn French.

oh lenny

McNamara That Ghost...
02-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Bale has won the Football Writers' award too.

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2013, 12:06 PM
The fact Bale won anything coupled with the hysteria over Hunter shows these ****s up for what they are - PR whores flogging a fake image to keep the cash rolling in. Well of course, that's their job so I don't expect less. But let's remember what they are next time they launch a Respect campaign or "do something for the kids" in football. A bunch of whores who do everything for the show of it but have zero integrity or genuine intent. If football became a charity (a real charity I mean, rather than one of these fake ones raking the cash in) watch how fast they would run. Hateful leeches sucking from the game and then telling the fans how they should behave and what's right and wrong, proper improper. It's like getting lessons in dating from a rapist.

Ollie the Optimist
02-05-2013, 02:53 PM
suarez only got two votes :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Balenaldo is more deserving than this doofus a couple of seasons ago.

http://www.footballwriters.co.uk/media/images/scott_parker_the_future.jpg

GP
02-05-2013, 04:37 PM

How??