PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Man Utd

Marc Overmars
28-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Excellent for the first 40 minutes, we had them rattled. Everything was going a little too well though, so that imbalance had to be addressed by a calamity from Sagan. :doh:

We probably spent half time feeling sorry for ourselves because the 2nd half was shite and was pretty much a textbook United performance on how to nullify Arsenal.

Not the worst result in the world but could have been so much better if we weren't so typically accident prone.

Kos and Merts were good. As were Ramzi and Rosicky.

The rest? Meh.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 05:11 PM
****s

Joker
28-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Great first 40 minutes, turgid for the rest. The 2 centre backs did well and Theo looked threatening, but the rest were mediocre. Having said that, a draw's a decent result on the whole.

Master Splinter
28-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Good start. Had to take full advantage in this period. We didn't.

Then Sagna evened the scores.

Any momentum was destroyed with WUMger taking off our two best attacking players, not taking off the utterly hopeless Sagna/Walcott axis and bringing on the ineffective Wilshere.

Cazorla, Sagna and Walcott (despite his goal) don't deserve to be starting given their form. Podolski and Wilshere are not match fit or fit full stop.

Rosicky, Ramsey, Koscielny and Mertesacker our best players again.

Three wins or bust. Maybe.

Dennis Bendtner
28-04-2013, 05:14 PM
As a great fence-sitter once said, could have been better, could have been worse.

Xhaka Can’t
28-04-2013, 05:14 PM
As disappointing as a draw against United can be,

Kano
28-04-2013, 05:15 PM
i'll tell you what though, it seems at last we have found a formula at the back with merts and kos that has made us look quite solid since the start of march. if we keep that for next season at least that could be one worry off our minds.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2013, 05:15 PM
40 minutes of intense pressing from a side that rarely does. Only going to be gassed after that in all likelihood.

A point isn't bad but it always sucks when you're the team that had the lead.

Marc Overmars
28-04-2013, 05:18 PM
I did say during the game we'd be nackered from the pressing, I never expected us to keep that up. It's just a shame it took an utter fuck up to bring it all crashing down.

gunnerrrrr
28-04-2013, 05:18 PM
What's left to say about this team.

Ramsey - admirable work rate but football wise he does not look like he will be world class by any stretch of the imagination.

Wilshire - for all the hype I am really struggling to recall a world class performance from him this season.

Arteta, Carzola - good footballers but not world class

Kos I actually think is one of the best defenders in the league.

Sagna is and has been a thick bag of shit all season.

Average,average average - well done Wenger, looking at Dortmand what's your fucking excuse now you useless prat

Dennis Bendtner
28-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Three wins or bust. Maybe.

Do not forget as well you know that Tottenham have a poor goal difference.

It would be very surprising if two wins and a draw didn't get fourth.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Neville can see it, souness can see it, everyone can see it except Wenger and the money grabbing filth in our boardroom. 8 years just needed that little bit of investment.

Ollie the Optimist
28-04-2013, 05:30 PM
fucking sagna

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 05:32 PM
fucking sagna

Wasn't just him. Walcott, Cazorla, Rosicky too. Shite. If that's all they can produce when the chips are down they are worthless.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Theo finally got off 18 goals for the season, that was annoying me. Shame about everything after that though.

Our legs turn to jelly against Man Utd once they get a goal.

Globalgunner
28-04-2013, 05:36 PM
same old Arsenal, afraid of succeeding. If there is a way to fuck thibgs up. Someone in our squad will rise to the occassion

cheesy bites
28-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Wasn't just him. Walcott, Cazorla, Rosicky too. Shite. If that's all they can produce when the chips are down they are worthless.

Cazorla and Walcott weren't shite mate. They played quite well. Make no mistake, Sagna cost us this win.

Ollie the Optimist
28-04-2013, 05:37 PM
is it true that theo wore a united shirt at the end? seen a few tweets about that

Joker
28-04-2013, 05:38 PM
is it true that theo wore a united shirt at the end? seen a few tweets about that

Yes he did, but I fail to see the big deal, players swap shirts and then put them on all the time. At least he did it at the end of the game.

Niall_Quinn
same old Arsenal, afraid of succeeding. If there is a way to fuck thibgs up. Someone in our squad will rise to the occassion

Was a very well executed fuck up though. Best of the season. Throws away the lead through a well strung together series of calamities and allows the most hated player on the pitch the opportunity to grab the spotlight. Excellent fuck up by even our standards.

Lord Nelson
Do not forget as well you know that Tottenham have a poor goal difference.

It would be very surprising if two wins and a draw didn't get fourth.

The Spuds have to play Southampton next week! They will get at least four! Then Stoke and finally Sunderland! Nine points there and a shit load of goals. We should have got the win today, but facking bottled it! Wenger fuck off and take Sagna and the rest of the turds with you!

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2013, 05:39 PM
The Spuds have to play Southampton next week! They will get at least four! Then Stoke and finally Sunderland! Nine points there and a shit load of goals. We should have got the win today, but facking bottled it! Wenger fuck off and take Sagna and the rest of the turds with you!

Tottenham have Chelsea away after the Southampton game.

Ollie the Optimist
28-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Yes he did, but I fail to see the big deal, players swap shirts and then put them on all the time. At least he did it at the end of the game.

then he is a ****. wearing a united top in view of arsenal fans on today of all days? thats just fucking moronic

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 05:40 PM

Only time he'll get to wear one. Fergie s too clever to fall for the ridiculous hype and sign him. Besides he already has young and Valencia.

Dennis Bendtner
28-04-2013, 05:41 PM
then he is a ****. wearing a united top in view of arsenal fans on today of all days? thats just fucking moronic

No no no no no ollie pls

It's perfectly normal

gunnerrrrr
Neville can see it, souness can see it, everyone can see it except Wenger and the money grabbing filth in our boardroom. 8 years just needed that little bit of investment.

I think its beyond simoly investment....the Dortmand performances of last and this season have really opened my eyes.

They have a team average age of 23, their starting 11 which beat Madrid cost £28m, they play attractive football.

We have a manager and club ethos that simply has not moved forward over the last decade.

France used to produce world class players...which coincided with Wenger winning trophies as he bought predominantly out of that market....the rest of the world caught up and overtook the French yet Wengers obsession with that market led us to buying one duff after another....Aliadire, Squilachi, Giroud, Girvhino and im sure many many more.

Who knows how we train, as our defending has progressively got worse until this year when at last Bould was given sporadic chances to improve the defence.

The biggest problem we have over player investment is an arrogant, past it manager who refuses to adapt with the changing face of modern football.

Lets start by replacing him THEN investing in players and hopefully a manager like Klopp which i am sure will bring the glory days back.

Niall_Quinn

I doubt the fans cross his mind, outside of the PR stunts and as a lever during contract negotiations.

Joker
28-04-2013, 05:42 PM

Why are you calling our top scorer a **** for simply changing shirts with the opposition after the game? You always go on about how we should support our players and not abuse them, and yet here you are having a pointless dig at our most efficient player this season all for swapping shirts after the game has finished.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Why are you calling our top scorer a **** for simply changing shirts with the opposition after the game? You always go on about how we should support our players and not abuse them, and yet here you are having a pointless dig at our most efficient player this season all for swapping shirts after the game has finished.

Most efficient player. What a fucking moron. All off the back of a few +1s vs the likes of Reading. He's shite. You've seen it week in week out but still swallow the bullshit.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-04-2013, 05:46 PM
A point I'll take, though, the way in whichwe let them off is a bit much to take. Someone take Sagna out back and put down that tired old mule, please.

Mertersacker. :bow:

Koscielny. :bow:

Without a doubt our best defender.

Ches. :bow:

For taking one in the face ensuring the Judas **** didn't score from open play.

The rest, utter shit.

And the Judas ****, what a massive ****, biggest **** ever. Expected he would have declined the pel and allowed Rooney to take it, but no, the Judas bastard had to stick it to us one more time. No way he wasn't going to bask in glory. I hope some random pub teamer fucks up the Judas **** - he won't go unrewarded as he'll instant gain instant legend status here.

Kano
28-04-2013, 05:46 PM
oh no! we're fourth! two points above tottenham! what are we gonna do! shit!

Marc Overmars
28-04-2013, 05:48 PM

Not really.

Players are not tribalisitic like fans. They all have a competitive respect for each other and most are probably mates outside the game.

Niall_Quinn
oh no! we're fourth! two points above tottenham! what are we gonna do! shit!

Not really about that, is it? That's Wenger's virtual trophy and the boards pay day. Nothing for the fans. It's the fact this shit team is so predictable and will never, ever give the fans a tiny crumb of comfort. Okay 5-2 against 10 man spuds. Thanks, that was our whole season.

McNamara That Ghost...
I think its beyond simoly investment....the Dortmand performances of last and this season have really opened my eyes.

They have a team average age of 23, their starting 11 which beat Madrid cost £28m, they play attractive football.

We have a manager and club ethos that simply has not moved forward over the last decade.

France used to produce world class players...which coincided with Wenger winning trophies as he bought predominantly out of that market....the rest of the world caught up and overtook the French yet Wengers obsession with that market led us to buying one duff after another....Aliadire, Squilachi, Giroud, Girvhino and im sure many many more.

Who knows how we train, as our defending has progressively got worse until this year when at last Bould was given sporadic chances to improve the defence.

The biggest problem we have over player investment is an arrogant, past it manager who refuses to adapt with the changing face of modern football.

Lets start by replacing him THEN investing in players and hopefully a manager like Klopp which i am sure will bring the glory days back.

It's a fair comparison and Dortmund should rightly get praise for it but sustaining it is very hard. There are things that we absolutely should have done differently but Dortmund have yet to reach that point - success has been there for a few seasons and now they're possibly losing two of their best players to another team in the league. They should be in the position where they can get replacements in with no other financial powerhouse but 'projects' like that ultimately have a very short shelflife unless you're one of the established few (like Barcelona).

Joker
28-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Most efficient player. What a fucking moron. All off the back of a few +1s vs the likes of Reading. He's shite. You've seen it week in week out but still swallow the bullshit.

33 goals or assists in 38 games this season indicates he's been efficient. I don't see why Walcott is always being criticised on this message-board when there are other players who fuck up much more than him.

Kano
28-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Not really about that, is it? That's Wenger's virtual trophy and the boards pay day. Nothing for the fans. It's the fact this shit team is so predictable and will never, ever give the fans a tiny crumb of comfort. Okay 5-2 against 10 man spuds. Thanks, that was our whole season.
think back to february. now look at the table. it was that or this. there are no other options. we can take 5/6/7 with the same off field issues. i'll take this one thanks.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Not really.

Players are not tribalisitic like fans. They all have a competitive respect for each other and most are probably mates outside the game.

Players are not like fans at all. Doubt they have competitive respect either, else they wouldn't roll around the floor trying to get opponents booked. I think they have selective respect, whatever suits them.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 05:52 PM
33 goals or assists in 38 games this season indicates he's been efficient. I don't see why Walcott is always being criticised on this message-board when there are other players who fuck up much more than him.

33 goals? No wonder you think he's decent.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2013, 05:52 PM
I'd rather see Theo in a Man Utd shirt for a post match interview than flashing his pecs to be honest.

Marc Overmars
28-04-2013, 05:53 PM

This has been an incredibly forgettable season. Hardly any dramatic moments or results to look back on. Shit against the top sides, limp to wins over the pub teams and just devoid of any style and quality.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 05:54 PM
I'd rather see Theo in a Man Utd shirt for a post match interview than flashing his pecs to be honest.

I'd rather see theo in a Utd shirt full stop, so we could close the quality gap.

Joker
28-04-2013, 05:54 PM
33 goals? No wonder you think he's decent.

33 goals or assists I said.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-04-2013, 05:59 PM
To be fair i am not sure what the fuss is all about, with spurs drawing against wigan we knew we had a bit of breathing space.....i think most of us regardless of the fact United had already been crowned champions would have taken a draw and it was a poor performance....well the last three matches were poor performances why were you expecting a good one today?.
We have a midfield that isn't good enough either to protect the back four or provide ammunition for our forwards who aren't Van Persie. To top that, we play players like Cazorla out of position as well as the quaint insistence on playing Bacary Sagna despite the fact that he doesn't want to play for us anymore and that a five year old with ADHD who has drunk a whole bottle of Lucozade Sport would have more concentration than him.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 05:59 PM
33 goals or assists I said.

He's probably the least efficient player in the game today. Takes him six weeks between anything bar utter fuck ups. But because he has some +1 stats in meaningless games some are prepared to overlook his lack of contribution. He's a worse player now than when he first signed for us. And he's a greedy **** too. Both on the pitch and in the boardroom when he's whining for more cash. Fucking hateful **** and we get stuck with him after all those other players walked out the door. Typical arsenal. Overpay the shit players and flog the decent ones.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Yes, Theo bagged a goal today, but after that, can anyone honestly say he wasn't a most frustrating sight to behold on the pitch? All our attacks were effectively dead once the ball reached the selfish and greedy bastard. And what's with him taking freekicks? Has he ever even scored from one?

And yes, it was bloody inappropriate for him to turn up in a manc shirt for a post match interview. But then, in the eyes of these fuckers, it's always a case of 'fuck the fans'.

Joker
28-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Why all this absolute vitriol towards Walcott? Fair enough if you think he's crap as a player, but some of the personal abuse aimed towards him is baffling tbh. What has he done that makes him such a "hateful ****" or a "bastard

Niall_Quinn
Forgot about his free kicks, if that's what he has the nerve to call them.

Ollie the Optimist
in a week where all that has been spoken about is judas returing to us, wearing a united shirt is possibly one of the stupidest things theo could do. you just dont do it, and if you do it, after being annoymous in the last few games, you are a massive ****

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Why all this absolute vitriol towards Walcott? Fair enough if you think he's crap as a player, but some of the personal abuse aimed towards him is baffling tbh. What has he done that makes him such a "hateful ****" or a "bastard

Robbed the club, just like the board. He's one of them.

cheesy bites
We don't have any breathing space for 4th. It's artificial space, if you will.

Spurs have played a game less. Win that and we're a point behind the other 2, all having played the same number of games. The absolute worst result is Spurs beating Chelsea. If that happens, then hello Europa League.

Joker
Funny that the fans at the Emirates and especially the away fans seem to be so supportive of Theo and yet on GW he's treated as if he's a Tottenham player.

Ollie the Optimist

1. wearing a united shirt
2. demanding 100k a week when he doesnt deserve it
3. being annoymous in games and not putting a shift in when required

do you want more?

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Funny that the fans at the Emirates and especially the away fans seem to be so supportive of Theo and yet on GW he's treated as if he's a Tottenham player.

You mean the prawn sandwich munchers who can afford to go to the games? Can't imagine anyone who enjoys football could enjoy watching Walcott.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2013, 06:11 PM

Spurs have played a game less. Win that and we're a point behind the other 2, all having played the same number of games. The absolute worst result is Spurs beating Chelsea. If that happens, then hello Europa League.

Assuming Chelsea win at Old Trafford three days after a Europa League tie. And Tottenham winning at a ground they haven't won at since 1990 or something silly.

Joker
in a week where all that has been spoken about is judas returing to us, wearing a united shirt is possibly one of the stupidest things theo could do. you just dont do it, and if you do it, after being annoymous in the last few games, you are a massive ****

Fucking hell, he did it after the game, big deal. I remember Henry wearing the opposition's shirt on frequent occasions, no one said anything then.

Face it, if it was any other player who wore a Utd shirt after the game, no one would say anything. Just because it's Walcott, some fans are using it as another stick to hit him over the head with. I wonder what the real reason is for the Walcott hate, because I can't see it. He actually signed a new contract with us unlike some others in the past, and has contributed important goals and assists this season. Despite what some people say, he's not only done well against crap teams, he's scored against Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool.

Niall_Quinn
Good idea though. Let the spuds sell Bale and then flog them Walcott. Vicious.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Assuming Chelsea win at Old Trafford three days after a Europa League tie. And Tottenham winning at a ground they haven't won at since 1990 or something silly.

And assuming we don't fuck up our "easy" run- in. Big assumption that.

Joker
28-04-2013, 06:13 PM
1. wearing a united shirt
2. demanding 100k a week when he doesnt deserve it
3. being annoymous in games and not putting a shift in when required

do you want more?

1. Like I said, players swap shirts all the time, I don't see the problem especially as he did it after the game.
2. He was trying to negotiate the best deal for himself, which any worker should try and do. What did you expect him to do, deliberately ask for a low wage?
3. A lot of players have been anonymous in games for us this season. "Putting in a shift" is simply subjective, and in any case I've seen him track back quite well this season.

cheesy bites
28-04-2013, 06:14 PM

United don't give a shit, look at the first half today. A side with more passion and class would beat them (from here till the end of the season). Chelsea can do that.

Tottenham have a great shot at beating Chelsea with the squad they've got too.

Ifs and buts, however we're in the worst position of the 3. Drop any points now and we're finished.

Xhaka Can’t
28-04-2013, 06:16 PM

At matches, I get behind him and join in on the 'Theo' chants, but it does not syop me thinking he is nowhere near the standard we need.

We had to take a stand and not lose another senior player - too bad when we finally took the stand, it was for Theo.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 06:16 PM
1. Like I said, players swap shirts all the time, I don't see the problem especially as he did it after the game.
2. He was trying to negotiate the best deal for himself, which any worker should try and do. What did you expect him to do, deliberately ask for a low wage?
3. A lot of players have been anonymous in games for us this season. "Putting in a shift" is simply subjective, and in any case I've seen him track back quite well this season.

He put in all his performances prior to securing a contract. Once he had his money... Nothing. Walcott is transparent, only here to rob the club and because something better hasn't come along yet. If we are going the get anything out of this leech well ave to tell him city are interested in buying him. Then he'll suddenly become that "worker" you mention.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2013, 06:17 PM
United don't give a shit, look at the first half today. A side with more passion and class would beat them (from here till the end of the season). Chelsea can do that.

Ifs and buts, however we're in the worst position of the 3. Drop any points now and we're finished.

Yeah looking at them today the first game after all the celebrations, looking at them in the second half - that's probably out of their system now in all likelihood and they're at home where they have a much greater chance of not losing.

Spuds don't really have a great (or whatever superlative you care to use) squad, if they did, they wouldn't be fifth as we speak.

We aren't in the worst position, in terms of pure mathematics maybe but that's not adjusting for this stage of the season. I bet you didn't suspect they would draw with Wigan for instance.

Joker
28-04-2013, 06:19 PM
At matches, I get behind him and join in on the 'Theo' chants, but it does not syop me thinking he is nowhere near the standard we need.

We had to take a stand and not lose another senior player - too bad when we finally took the stand, it was for Theo.

Compared to players we had in that position in the past, yes he's quite below their standard. However, you can say that about every player in every position. Given that he's still young and is at least contributing in terms of goals/assists (even if we want him to do it more consistently) he shouldn't be the first player we should be looking to offload at all.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Compared to players we had in that position in the past, yes he's quite below their standard. However, you can say that about every player in every position. Given that he's still young and is at least contributing in terms of goals/assists (even if we want him to do it more consistently) he shouldn't be the first player we should be looking to offload at all.

He's not. Giroud is. Another lump of shit.

Ollie the Optimist
28-04-2013, 06:29 PM
i have no issue with their penalty, it was a stonewall penalty, but is there any reason why dowd didnt give the one we were due because ferdinand took out gibbs? (i think it was gibbs, could be ox)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-04-2013, 06:29 PM

The same Chelsea who have won one away game from their last six in the league?

Spurs couldn't beat Wigan with their great squad let alone Chelsea who demolished them at White Hart Lane earlier in the season.

It's tighter than it should be no doubt, but considering where we were in March, don't think anyone was predicting we'd be in contention after the White Hart Lane defeat.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-04-2013, 06:30 PM
To deflect a little off Theo and throw Cazorla a bit into the spot light. Why is he so toothless against big oppositions? Morphed into a proper pub teamer today - deju-vu, tbh.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
i have no issue with their penalty, it was a stonewall penalty, but is there any reason why dowd didnt give the one we were due because ferdinand took out gibbs? (i think it was gibbs, could be ox)

Less clear cut, i think it was a penalty but i think it would have been hard to give unless he had a good view of it....the sky sports camera had to look at it from several angles before making their mind up.

Marc Overmars

Because it wasn't a penalty?

McNamara That Ghost...

Dowd being a complete goon would be my best guess. Even if shouldn't have been given.

Ollie the Optimist
28-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Because it wasn't a penalty?

took out hte player without getting near the ball, clear penalty. even untied fans in the pub i was in said it aws and they got away with it

Marc Overmars
28-04-2013, 06:32 PM
took out hte player without getting near the ball, clear penalty. even untied fans in the pub i was in said it aws and they got away with it

Cool.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 06:33 PM

That wasn't much of a penalty shout, debatable at best. Then you add the fact it's against Utd, Dowd is the ref and the chances of getting it are zero.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 06:35 PM
To deflect a little off Theo and throw Cazorla a bit into the spot light. Why is he so toothless against big oppositions? Morphed into a proper pub teamer today - deju-vu, tbh.

Very poor from the kick off. Careless, couldn't find any key passes, lost the ball more than usual. He picked a bad day to have a stinker.

fakeyank
28-04-2013, 06:35 PM
IF Sagna decides to stay at our club and sign a contract, I'd rather play him at CB... whenever he has played there, he has been solid. Time to get a new RB and play Jenks.

Kano
28-04-2013, 06:45 PM
because generally the top sides can defend far better than those below, so as our general attacking style has been pretty lame this season it isn't that hard for an organised defence to fend off. playing him out wide, like today, doesn't help either. fitting him and wilshere into the team is going to be a problem.

Letters
28-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Before the game I was seriously thinking of putting a hefty bet on RvP scoring and Utd winning. Half right but glad I didn't put the bet on.

Very good performance first half, probably our best first half of the season. Good early goal and we should have had a 2nd when we broke free. I forget who had the ball but he passed left to Podolski, it was the wrong ball - it should have gone right to Walcott who I'm sure would have scored.

Chesney made a great save to keep us in front.

And then all that good work was undone by a moment of madness by Sagna who really didn't have a good game today. Step up RvP, he was never going to miss.

2nd half Utd were better and could have gone ahead. We had our chances too though. Overall it was frustrating to drop 2 points when we could, arguably should, have had all 3 today. But it was a good performance, better than I expected, and while top 4 isn't in our hands we've got a good chance if we win our games.

Cripps_orig
28-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Just got back.

As deflating a draw as we'll ever get v Man Utd. Saying that, it's better than I or any of us expected. Point is better than being destroyed.

Chesney didn't have much to do. Made a great save with his face from the ****s header and no chance with the ****s penalty. Had nothing else to do.

Gibbs had a very good game. Nani didn't have a kick all game and he was one of their shite ass players that I had banked on scoring.

Mertesacker is brilliant. The guy is a giant. His confidence on the ball is growing and his reading of the play is as good as anyone's in the history of this once great game.

Koscielny had an excellent game as well. Keep it up.

Sagna, oh dear god what has happened to you? With nothing to play for in the next 3 games, we should put Jenkinson in and offload Sagna ASAP.

Arteta was his usual self

Cazorla restored his myth reputation

Ramsey has incredible work rate but he does the stupidest of things at times.

Rosicky was once again the best player on the pitch and Wenger took him off which deflated us. He's regarded as pound for pound the worst manager in the business and he showed us why.

Podolski was never in it much although he won quite a few headers and flicked it on. Keep him upfront. Giroud :wave:

Theo as usual was excellent. Great goal. Truly loved by all true gooners as his named was sung. Shame the midfield we have is so terrible who can't find him with a pass when he's making a run. Rosicky did once and we scored. 19 goals for the season, should get 20. A legend in the making. All that needs to be said is NQ :haha: another humiliating afternoon for our beloved poster.

Subs did nothing. Jack as ineffective as when he starts. Gerv as shit as when he starts and Ox losing the ball as often as he does when he starts.

In conclusion, I reckon 6 of our players did well v the champions but the other 5 need to gtfo.

Injury Time
28-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Cripps wum about as effective as Theo in second half :console:

Cripps_orig
28-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Cripps wum about as effective as Theo in second half :console:

Tbf Man Utd improved in the 2nd half and Theo had to be on the defensive for most of it cos Sagna is shit.

Marc Overmars
28-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Cripps match reports. :bow:

Cripps_orig
28-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Arsène Wenger faced the media after his team drew 1-1 with Manchester United on Sunday. Here's a transcript from his press conference:

on the match...
It was a quality game with a lot of intensity. I believe we were on top in the first half and it was disappointing to concede the equaliser the way we did. Why? Because it put us in a position in the second half where we had to completely open ourselves up and throw everything forward, and sometimes [we did that] more with energy than technique. We opened ourselves up for the counter-attacks where we could have lost the game. I feel that equaliser played a big part in this game because it put us in a difficult position. Overall I can only praise the players for the effort, the dynamic and the desire we put in. Let's keep it going like that and we will have a chance to be where we want to be.

on the value of the point…
If we win our other games it will be enough. I am convinced we will be there but there is no room for dropping points. But the other teams are in the same position.

on Sagna's part in the penalty…
No [he didn't tell me what was going through his mind]. He is very disappointed tonight, he is a boy who gives absolutely everything in every game. I think he made a bad pass, that can happen, and maybe after he panicked a little bit and maybe wanted to repair too quickly what he did, but he had time to tackle. He has saved us so many times that unfortunately it happened today.

on a fast start…
Our mental preparation contributed to that more than the guard of honour. If that would help us I promise you we will do one every week!

on the fans' reaction to Robin van Persie…
A little bit, yes [it is "disappointed love"]. Because when he was here he didn't get this kind of reception, they loved him. So today it was a bit disappointed love.

on Van Persie scoring on his return…
I don't think he scored, he scored a penalty! It counts, but it is not completely the same. When you buy a goalscorer you look always how many goals he scored on penalties, how many he scored in open play. But he took his penalty very well. I knew when he decided to take the penalty that there was an 80 per cent chance that he would score. He was our penalty taker and I know that he does that very well, he does a lot of things very well, Robin van Persie.

on speaking to Van Persie afterwards…
He is in our dressing room at the moment. Because our food is better in our dressing room than in their dressing room! People who play together for five, six years [get on with each other]. They fight, I think our defenders didn't make life easy for him at all, we played with great commitment. I feel our two central defenders played very well.

on Van Persie's non-celebration…
Yes, that has become basically another way to behave for the football players in England. I wouldn't be shocked if a guy celebrated because internally he is happy anyway.

on respect before and after the game...
We are rivals. Look, at the end of the day we decided to sell him. We are rivals. You want us to make a guard of honour and to respect the champions, then you have to accept as well that respect exists after the game. You want to give absolutely everything during the 90 minutes and after the game you can still talk to each other.

on the race for a top-four finish…
[We have] no room for dropping points. We are in a position where we cannot drop points, we know that.

on Sir Alex Ferguson's transfer plans…
I don't know but he will not sign them from us!

:doh:

Letters
28-04-2013, 07:55 PM
:doh:
Well elaborate then!

Lord Nelson
28-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Bang on! Then Stephen Hawkins will try and tell us that the Europa League is a real important trophy! LOL!

GP
28-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Bang on! Then Stephen Hawkins will try and tell us that the Europa League is a real important trophy! LOL!

Who?

Lord Nelson
28-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Who?

Arsene Wenger (Stephen Hawkins) look alike. Mind you, Stephen Hawkins is intelligent.

GP
28-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Arsene Wenger (Stephen Hawkins) look alike. Mind you, Stephen Hawkins is intelligent.

OK, I have no idea who Stephen Hawkins is.

Cripps_orig
28-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Well elaborate then!

I feel that equaliser played a big part in this game

No shit

I don't think he scored, he scored a penalty! It counts

Wtf?

Couple of others but you get my point. He's losing it.

Didn't like the fact the **** (RVC not Wenger) was allowed in to our dressing room especially after trying to hurt Mert and then barging Arteta as he walked away from Mert. Arteta may be shit and widely regarded as our worst player ever to have played more than 50 games but he's our shit and I'll defend him against ****s all the time.

Also disappointed love? What does that mean?

Ollie the Optimist
28-04-2013, 08:16 PM
its quite clear what wenger meant with the penalty comment

Özil's Panoramic View
28-04-2013, 08:19 PM
No shit

Wtf?

Didn't like the fact the **** (RVC not Wenger) was allowed in to our dressing room especially after trying to hurt Mert and then barging Arteta as he walked away from Mert. Arteta may be shit and widely regarded as our worst player ever to have played more than 50 games but he's our shit and I'll defend him against ****s all the time.

:haha:

Always find it very amusing when you do this, whether I'm in agreement to its application or not.

Lord Nelson
28-04-2013, 08:30 PM
OK, I have no idea who Stephen Hawkins is.

Sorry! My fault! Stephen Hawking! LOL! Fucked that up did'nt I.

notwist
28-04-2013, 08:33 PM
No shit

Wtf?

Disappointed love is when you wake up one morning and the old fella has gone grey and his features have thickened with early middle age. Hey van Persie, I'm talking about you, ya 45 yr old freak.

Xhaka Can’t
28-04-2013, 08:44 PM

It's hardly racket science.

Power n Glory
28-04-2013, 08:46 PM

That's just harsh. None of the players you mentioned had really bad games. We got a draw and United defended well in the second half.

Kano
28-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Do! You! Speak! Like! This! As! Well!

?

GP
28-04-2013, 09:30 PM

Yep, made yourself look a right hoop.

Munchies
28-04-2013, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roBWbLW9yXg&feature=youtu.be&a

JW :bow:

Cripps_orig
28-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Wilshire :bow:

Grebbo
28-04-2013, 11:15 PM
When watching Sagna do that you find it hard to believe he isn't bent. Bloody ridiculous. I hope he fucks off in the summer.

Overall if you'd have been offered matching Spurs for points this weekend when they had Wigan and we had Manure you'd have probably taken it.

Still, we could have done better.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 11:34 PM
That's just harsh. None of the players you mentioned had really bad games. We got a draw and United defended well in the second half.

It's not even close to being harsh. Whenever these guys are presented with a challenge they fail. Check the history books. Can be Utd, just about anyone in the CL or your Bradfords and Birminghams in the cup. Failure guaranteed every time.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2013, 11:40 PM
When watching Sagna do that you find it hard to believe he isn't bent. Bloody ridiculous. I hope he fucks off in the summer.

Overall if you'd have been offered matching Spurs for points this weekend when they had Wigan and we had Manure you'd have probably taken it.

Still, we could have done better.

The team has no discipline. Just a matter of time before disaster strikes but whatever ****s turn it is to fuck us is arrogant enough to dismiss all warning signs. Sagna was like that today. Smooth dude, out of his depth but calm and collected about it. Didn't concentrate and then put himself in a ridiculous position because of his initial lack of professionalism. Mentally lazy bastard, they can run and run but thinking is a step too far unless they are thinking about money or press interviews. TV is the same, thinks he's a lot better than he really is. Same with almost all our outfield players with their stupid fucking flicks and tricks. They can't pass a ball 5 yards but they can almost backheel it in spectacular fashion, almost. But aren't they brilliant for having the audacity? Almost makes up for them not being able to pass or tackle or cross.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-04-2013, 12:11 AM
that cheese string looking c*nt can fuck off to whatever shithole he wants to take his poxy girlfriend, preferably a prison, where he can get railed in the showers and left embarrassed on the floor.

Power n Glory
29-04-2013, 05:52 AM
It's not even close to being harsh. Whenever these guys are presented with a challenge they fail. Check the history books. Can be Utd, just about anyone in the CL or your Bradfords and Birminghams in the cup. Failure guaranteed every time.

It's not as if we lost the game. Theo scored the goal, had some good movement and didn't go into hiding, Rosicky was solid as usual and really aggressive with the tackles. Caz was more quiet but popped a few good long range shots. They have player worse games and we all expected a loss for this game. It was a solid performance. It wasn't shameful at all.

KSE Comedy Club
29-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Another way to look at it is:

That was the easiest match to get 3 points against Utd we've had in the last 10 years.

And we fucked it up.

BOBN
29-04-2013, 08:21 AM
that cheese string looking c*nt can fuck off to whatever shithole he wants to take his poxy girlfriend, preferably a prison, where he can get railed in the showers and left embarrassed on the floor.
You can say this but when someone like RVP leaves you bitch and whine about "loyalty".

Football fans :haha: RVP did the right thing.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2013, 08:32 AM
You can say this but when someone like RVP leaves you bitch and whine about "loyalty".

Football fans :haha: RVP did the right thing.

You're confusing two entirely different things which are not mutually exclusive. It's possible to demand loyalty as well as competency. And, of course, RvP did not do the right thing. He did the lucrative thing, again there's a difference.

BOBN
29-04-2013, 08:38 AM
You're confusing two entirely different things which are not mutually exclusive. It's possible to demand loyalty as well as competency. And, of course, RvP did not do the right thing. He did the lucrative thing, again there's a difference.
Sagna has been largely competent during his time here. This season, or this game hes been pretty poor and look at the reaction. I think people like RVP and Cesc see the treatment of some of the other players and think "that could easily happen to me under different circumstances". We dont deserve loyalty so they dont consider giving it.

Globalgunner
29-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Sagna has been largely competent during his time here. This season, or this game hes been pretty poor and look at the reaction. I think people like RVP and Cesc see the treatment of some of the other players and think "that could easily happen to me under different circumstances". We dont deserve loyalty so they dont consider giving it.

Sagna HAS been largely competent but therein lies the problem. the whole team has been largely competent, but rarely exceptional. This has been the story of Arsenal ever since the invincibles team was broken up. Competent but not excellent. Yesterday was just a microcosm of what this team is all about under Wenger. An ethos of adequacy. of 4th being almost as good as 1st and miles better than 5th. Sagna had already threatened to do his calamity thing 5 mins earlier, which led to the point blank save by Chesney. He then made sure by passing to RVP. Thing is we always do this. In the reverse game it was Vermaelen obliging RVP again for an easy goal.

Another poster said that Sagna reminded him of the Clichy howler in the 4-4 aginst the Spuds, where he wet himself just because Jermaine Jenas was 1m near him and simply slipped and Jenas romped away to score, that made it 4-3 and invitably it became 4-4. Look at the PL history of almighty collapses from 4-0 up to hanging on to 4-4 at Newcastle to winning away at pool with 60 seconds to go and Benayoun equalises, and invariably we are part of it. We have a poor mentality and it is an endemic trait. You can pass it off as all part of the game but I see it as a character defect that can only be remedied by removing the single consistent factor in all our calamities

Wenger favours players with weak mentalities as this allows himself to be the dominant personality in the club. He hates anyone having a mindset that challenges him in any way. This is not going to work in an ultra competitive enviroment like the EPL with an indefatigable terrier as Ferguson leading the pack. That is why for all his faults I would like to see Mourinho back in the EPL, because without him SAF would probably have chalked up 8 straight titles since 2005

KSE Comedy Club
29-04-2013, 09:15 AM

He's also made noises about not wanting to extend his contract and leave this summer, it's not just about how hit he's been although I would imagine that's a large factor in why he has been.

LDG
29-04-2013, 09:17 AM
He's also made noises about not wanting to extend his contract and leave this summer, it's not just about how hit he's been although I would imagine that's a large factor in why he has been.

He has also broken his leg twice in three years.

Ya know. Just a little thing.

Doesn't excuse yesterday, but cut the guy some slack. He's been one of our best players for a number of years.

KSE Comedy Club
29-04-2013, 09:21 AM

Doesn't excuse yesterday, but cut the guy some slack. He's been one of our best players for a number of years.I don't disagree with you, just pointing out why some might not want him here anymore.

I still think he's a decent RB and one of our best players when he's switched on.

Gooner23
29-04-2013, 09:30 AM

Doesn't excuse yesterday, but cut the guy some slack. He's been one of our best players for a number of years.

Also, he's clearly been struggling for form most the season. Not excusing what he did yesterday, but why the fuck does the manager keep picking him when Jenks has looked good every time he's played.

More and more now I find it hard to get angry with the incompetence of the players. Its the manager who buys them, selects them, coaches them (lol), motivates them (even bigger lol).

Wenger, its sad to see, but just go now.. Please. We might nick 4th place, we might not. But one things for sure, we are not progressing.

LDG
29-04-2013, 09:36 AM
There is two differences between the two sides that played yesterday.

One is RVP. Someone world class who can turn games like yesterday into three points.

The second is purely down to management. Organisation, dicipline and desire.

Aside from RVP, they aren't a great deal better than us.

Cripps_orig
29-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Wtf has happened to Wazza btw?

Used to be a time he used to give us so many problems but he just didn't give a shit yesterday. He's gone this summer.

Cheeky bid?

Letters
29-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Wtf has happened to Wazza btw?

Used to be a time he used to give us so many problems but he just didn't give a shit yesterday. He's gone this summer.

Cheeky bid?
Dear God no.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2013, 09:41 AM
There was no difference really between the sides in terms of quality.

As soon as Sagan fucked up we never recovered and managed to raise our game again. Then United just snuffed us out as they always do and teased us with a threat on the counter.

They couldn't be fucked and we still couldn't beat them.

Awful against the top sides this year. Plain awful.

KSE Comedy Club
29-04-2013, 09:45 AM
As I said earlier, this was the easiest 3 points against utd in ten years, and we fucked it up.

Pathetic, it really is.

Yeh we would've taken a point before the game, we all thought we were gonna get butt fucked. But when you see how poor and switched off utd were for the majority of the game, a point just seems lazy, disappointing and not good enough.

Where was the desire and the will to win? I didnt see it past the 3 minute mark, then we resorted to the tippy tap around the edge of the box again. Fucking boring game tbh.

Cripps_orig
29-04-2013, 09:45 AM
We'll probably do better against the top sides next season but lose to Hull or Derby or whoever is coming up from that pub team league.

Our inconsistency is the only consistent thing about us.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2013, 10:11 AM

Well maybe you are right maybe I am right, but either way it's not a good state of affairs. Which is why I don't pay £100 a pop to watch these guys any more and I'll be ditching my Sky sub too. So in my case everyone concerned wins. The players (who didn't know I am alive anyway and wouldn't care even if they knew) can get on taking the money from those willing to throw it away and I can get a dog (that will probably be a better footballer)

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2013, 10:15 AM

Don't think I will cut him any slack. There's a mistake and then there's a school yard, first time I ever played footie blunder that's completely unforgivable.

Joker
29-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Player ratings (via Arseblog)

Wojciech Szczesny: 7/10 - No chance with the penalty even though he went the right way, made a great save in the first half with his face, looks more solid since his return.
Bacary Sagna: 3/10 - Ghastly for the goal, the pass was bad enough but chopping down the Dutch Skunk was brainless. Could have been sent off in the 2nd half for a reckless lunge on Evra. Above all else it’s sad to see a player who was so consistent play so poorly in what’s likely to be his final season at the club.
Per Mertesacker: 7/10 - Solid and the partnership with Koscielny continues to impress. Obviously did something to annoy van Persie because he was chopped down by the former captain – in a very similar manner to the way van Persie nailed him at Old Trafford too.
Laurent Koscielny: 8/10 - Arsenal’s best player on the day, his aggressive defending complements Mertesacker’s good reading of the game, and bar the penalty van Persie offered little all game.
Kieran Gibbs: 6/10 - A 6 performance if ever there was one. Not sure what else to say.
Mikel Arteta: 6/10 - See above.
Aaron Ramsey: 7/10 - Ran himself into the ground for the team. Some of his passing was a bit wayward but tried to make things happen.
Tomas Rosicky: 7/10 - Faded and replaced on the hour mark, but got the assist for Walcott’s goal and could have scored in the second with a trademark outside of the footer. Like Ramsey, worked his arse off, particularly in the first half.
Santi Cazorla: 7/10 - Stung de Gea’s palms twice with rasping shots from distance, which looked our best chance of scoring another goal. Ostensibly picked on the left side but has a very free role which isn’t always to the benefit of the team’s balance.
Theo Walcott: 6/10 - Scored. That was it.
Lukas Podolski: 5/10 - We can see why he’s not picked as a centre-forward often. Involved well in the goal but really struggled and it’s hard to know how much of it is form, and how much of it is his lack of fitness.
Subs:
Jack Wilshere: 6/10 – Replaced Rosicky.
Gervinho: 6/10 – Came on for Podolski.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: 6/10 – He took the place of Ramsey. None of the subs did very much.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2013, 10:18 AM
There is two differences between the two sides that played yesterday.

One is RVP. Someone world class who can turn games like yesterday into three points.

The second is purely down to management. Organisation, dicipline and desire.

Aside from RVP, they aren't a great deal better than us.

We were in 9th gear for the first half yesterday, Utd were in drunk and in neutral coasting on the hard shoulder. Let's not kid ourselves. There's a gulf between the teams, 21 points or something like that. Same last season, same the season before, it's no fluke.

Letters
29-04-2013, 10:20 AM
It's not a fluke but that a lot of that gulf could be made up by one or two top signings. We don't need a complete restructure or to go nuts in the transfer market to compete.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2013, 10:24 AM

I don't know why they judge it on a 1-10 scale because you have to be really awful to get less than 5. So do a 1-5 scale. And how he marks Podolski lower than Walcott is a mystery. Podolski may have been largely anonymous but at least that meant he didn't destroy everything we tried to do, which was Walcott's whole game yesterday. And 3 for Sagna? Why so generous. He single-handedly threw the game. What does a player have to do to get zero? Cazorla 7/10? Really? For what? Giving the ball away? He's right about the two centre backs though. They are doing okay with so much shite going on around them.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2013, 10:26 AM
It's not a fluke but that a lot of that gulf could be made up by one or two top signings. We don't need a complete restructure or to go nuts in the transfer market to compete.

Neither is it a fluke that this has been a consistent requirement for season after season. Just a couple of quality players to replace the quality that has been lost. Yes you are correct, our demise has been deliberately engineered.

Letters
29-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Neither is it a fluke that this has been a consistent requirement for season after season. Just a couple of quality players to replace the quality that has been lost. Yes you are correct, our demise has been deliberately engineered.

I'm not sure what you mean by demise, since 2007/8 when we finished with 83 points we've been pretty consistent in terms of points per season. 72, 75, 68, 70. We currently have 64 with 3 games left so we're likely to be in the same range again. For all the flak Wenger gets, while the club has asset stripped continually he's kept us remarkably consistent.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by demise, since 2007/8 when we finished with 83 points we've been pretty consistent in terms of points per season. 72, 75, 68, 70. We currently have 64 with 3 games left so we're likely to be in the same range again. For all the flak Wenger gets, while the club has asset stripped continually he's kept us remarkably consistent.

By demise I mean no longer winning titles, cups, no longer player hugely entertaining football, no longer having a winning mentality but instead playing dreadful football and failing every significant challenge that gets put in front of us - except of course the financially rewarding and much coveted 4th place me too CL spot which is a nice little earner until the obligatory defeat to the first significant opponent.

At least I view it as a demise. Maybe it's not. Maybe it's a strange sort of progress that hasn't been fully explained to the fans.

Cripps_orig
29-04-2013, 11:21 AM

Wouldn't disagree with much of that bar Cazorla. He was a bit shit. 5/10 at least

selassie
29-04-2013, 12:53 PM
They are just better than us and we lack quality in key areas, not the squad, the first XI...sigh...

In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a bad result yesterday, we draw against a far superior side. Is it enough for top 4? I dunno...does it matter really?...I mean if we finish top 4 or not?...things aren't going to change are they?

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2013, 01:00 PM
They are just better than us and we lack quality in key areas, not the squad, the first XI...sigh...

In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a bad result yesterday, we draw against a far superior side. Is it enough for top 4? I dunno...does it matter really?...I mean if we finish top 4 or not?...things aren't going to change are they?

It matters from a competitive viewpoint that we finish as high as possible, preferably 3rd. We should be striving for that not because it brings CL qualification but because we are in a competitive sport and want to finish above our rivals. But the club has twisted it so 4th is as good as 3rd because there's a cash bonus involved in the form of CL qualification, our virtual trophy. If the money generated from participation in the CL was put back into the club in some constructive manner then it would be fine, but it's not. It's used to boost the balance sheet, retain second rate players and heighten the prestige of the club. All of these things work in favour of the shareholders. That's what this CL shite is all about, keeping things rolling along for the shareholders. They won't invest in the players that would give us even an outside chance of winning it so no, really there's zero point being in this CL thing.

Cripps_orig
29-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Things won't change if we finish top 4. History has proven that. It'll be the same shit next season as well.

If we finish outside top 4, who knows? Maybe the penny will drop and we finally do the right thing and get rid of the shite, bring in Usmanov and we are once again by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

If we had to take one step back to take 2 forward then I'm all for it.

Cripps_orig
29-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Things won't change if we finish top 4. History has proven that. It'll be the same shit next season as well.

If we finish outside top 4, who knows? Maybe the penny will drop and we finally do the right thing and get rid of the shite, bring in Usmanov and we are once again by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

If we had to take one step back to take 2 forward then I'm all for it.

Letters
29-04-2013, 01:15 PM
If finishing 5th guaranteed the board and Wenger get a boot up their collective arse and we'd start to properly invest and compete then I'd be all for it, I'm not convinced that will be so though.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2013, 01:22 PM
If finishing 5th guaranteed the board and Wenger get a boot up their collective arse and we'd start to properly invest and compete then I'd be all for it, I'm not convinced that will be so though.

It would be a perfect excuse to spend even less and try to generate even more from asset stripping. They will have timelines and contingencies I'm sure.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2013, 01:56 PM
I doubt anything would significantly change if we got 5th, the club is too far gone in its ways. I still expect us to beat around the bush in the transfer market, although to be fair we probably won't lose anyone of note this year, mainly because there is nothing left for the big guns to take. That might also be a reason for any limited transfer activity, if there's no one to sell there probably won't be anyone to buy.

LDG
29-04-2013, 04:10 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/226699_10151647512952193_1394427522_n.jpg

Gibbs :bow:

Munchies
29-04-2013, 06:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw2FuKgGDc4

Spot on tbh