PDA

View Full Version : players that we've sold in the last 6 years....

Dicks and chicks
02-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Why is it that nearly all the players who we've sold in the last 6 years bar van persie seem to be doing shit now?

Fabregas- not as good as when he was with us for sure.
Hleb- Declined immediately after he left us
Flammini- Major injury problems after he left us when he was in his peak
Alex Song- I saw him as one of our best players but he's turned into a bit part player for barcelona
Nasri- Definatley no where near as good as he is not then when he was with us.
Bendtner- Had a few ok seasons with us and hasn't scored anywhere near the same amount of goals in a season as he did with us.
Kolo Toure- turned to shit after he left us.
Ade- turned completely utterly crap after he left us.
Aliadere-played ok in an arsenal shirt and never really replicated that same sort of performance anywhere else.
Phillipe Senderos: Turned into shit.

LDG
02-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Lots of players looked better for us as we play a team game, where all players move for each other and play to each others strengths. They all have decent technique, so combined they become effective.

Take them out and ask them to fend for themselves, and you get what you see.

That said, many of them have gone on to win things with their respective teams.

Marc Overmars
02-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Arsenal was quite clearly the ceiling for most of those players. If you're not a successful team though you'll always have trouble convincing players they're better off where they are, as we've found out.

KSE Comedy Club
02-05-2013, 07:53 AM
They don't get a bedtime story read for them by wenger anymore, that's why.

Grebbo
02-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Clichy's gone on to play better that's for sure. He was wank for us for a couple of seasons.

I don't think any player has gone on to play better after us other than Clichy.

Master Splinter
02-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Aliadiere has actually been awesome for Lorient this season. Well, he's scoring quite a few goals. A late bloomer if there ever was one.

I'm not sure if Clichy's any better, it's just that City are better defensively than us overall. Clichy is always gonna Clichy.

Ollie the Optimist
02-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Clichy's gone on to play better that's for sure. He was wank for us for a couple of seasons.

I don't think any player has gone on to play better after us other than Clichy.

Clichy still has his brain fart moments where he does something utterly stupid for no reason. Hardly improved on his time here.
ONly player playing better is judas

Master Splinter
02-05-2013, 11:22 AM
ONly player playing better is judas

RVC? His overall play has actually been scrappier at times, like United themselves. His scoring rate hasn't been as high as it was in his last few years here either. He's just part of a successful team now and he's won a TROPHY though, so I suppose that's all that matters.

Özil's Panoramic View
02-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Clichy has improved? :haha:

selassie
02-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Apparently the Barca fans were booing Cesc last night and he's been subject of a lot of debates on their forums. They are saying he's slow and adds nothing to their team.

Dennis Bendtner
02-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Because Wenger is an excellent coach. Most of those cretins had a good season or few months then jumped ship when their stock was high. No one forced Nasri to say Wenger's the best coach he's worked under. The players themselves say it regularly.

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Excellent maybe, but with some terrible, terrible blind spots.

Letters
02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Excellent maybe, but with some terrible, terrible blind spots.
Some maybe, and definitely some stubbornness, but I don't think he's as blind to our problems as he comes across.
He can't be, he's obviously not that stupid.

GP
02-05-2013, 03:42 PM
As a great man once said, he's a bumbling idiot.

fakeyank
02-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Wenger is good at making individual players but not good at building a team. At least not in the last 8 years or so... he cannot motivate, he has no tactics but he does know how to make money for the club or money for the players.

Munchies
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
At the end of the day, this is a big factor:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BItJ5OOCEAAG_BW.jpg:large

I know people may not really count players like Hleb in that list, but they have won something, something they wouldn't of here. And Reyes I remember scored twice in the final game of the league when Real Madrid needed to win for the title, so he played a significant part in the 07 title.

GP
02-05-2013, 05:57 PM
That's a pointless statistic and typical sky sports bullshit.

Munchies
02-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Not really, it shows players don't want to stay here anymore coz we're shit.

Marc Overmars
02-05-2013, 06:14 PM
The only one on that list who truly got one over us was Cashley.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-05-2013, 06:15 PM
How on earth were we supposed to win 64 trophies since 2005? :lol:

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2013, 06:55 PM
How on earth were we supposed to win 64 trophies since 2005? :lol:

8 moral victory titles
8 groundsman of the year
3 Emirates Cup
8 4th place trophies
8 Prudence in football titles
8 Women's trophies (must be by now)
8 Ballboy of the year awards
8 Most expensive fish and chips trophies
8 2% from greatness awards

67 major trophies and awards in 8 years. And still some complains. The ****s.

Dennis Bendtner
02-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Oh yeah, the good old counting trophies argument. I'm sure Alex Hleb was clinging to that when cutting himself in regret on national television about leaving Arsenal. And Nasri's found that his particular +1 wasn't all that gratifying either.

Letters
02-05-2013, 08:50 PM
The only one on that list who truly got one over us was Cashley.
Needless to say, he had the last laugh.

BOBN
04-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Fabregas- not as good as when he was with us for sure.
Hes the same player. its just that hes technically inferior and slower in mind and body to xavi, iniesta, busquets and tiago and nobody gives a fook about his hollywood through balls.

Dicks and chicks
11-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Hes the same player. its just that hes technically inferior and slower in mind and body to xavi, iniesta, busquets and tiago and nobody gives a fook about his hollywood through balls.

so you don't think he's regressed? he looks out of his depth there, same with song.

Dicks and chicks
11-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Oh yeah, the good old counting trophies argument. I'm sure Alex Hleb was clinging to that when cutting himself in regret on national television about leaving Arsenal. And Nasri's found that his particular +1 wasn't all that gratifying either.
we were very lucky to get 15mil for bleb and 15 mil for toure, we've been good at offloading players in the last 8 years tbh if you take rvp and cashley out of the equation.

IBK
11-05-2013, 06:48 PM
we were very lucky to get 15mil for bleb and 15 mil for toure, we've been good at offloading players in the last 8 years tbh if you take rvp and cashley out of the equation.

Arguably we did good business with RVP as well - purely finance wise. 1 year left and history of injuries...AFC are shite at many things, but making money ain't one of them.