PDA

View Full Version : Fergie to retire!

Pages : [1] 2

Ollie the Optimist
07-05-2013, 09:10 PM
As rumours of the 71-year-old’s imminent retirement swept Manchester, senior figures at the club failed to respond to repeated attempts to confirm or deny the story, which emerged following United’s player versus coaches golf day at Dunham Massey on Tuesday afternoon.With United (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/) now forced to adhere to the strict rules and regulations of the New York Stock Exchange in terms of the release of significant information relating to the running of the club following last August’s partial flotation, any change of management would fall within those requirements.

As of Tuesday night, no statement over Ferguson’s future had been issued by United.

However, with sources close to the players confirming that the squad’s golf day had been overshadowed by suggestions that the Scot would be making an announcement ahead of Sunday’s clash with Swansea (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/) at Old Trafford, any ongoing uncertainty is unlikely to be allowed to continue to the point where it would affect the confidence of investors and, in turn, United’s New York share price.

When United’s owners, the Glazer family, issued its prospectus for the club’s £500m bond issue in January 2010, the prospect of Ferguson leaving the club and potentially jeopardising future success was raised by the Americans as one of the risk factors attached to investing in the club.

Related Articles

Ferguson: United nearly bought the Etihad site (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10041747/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-claims-Manchester-United-considered-the-Etihad-site-for-the-clubs-new-training-ground.html)
07 May 2013
United still searching for Scholes replacement (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10041042/Paul-Scholes-physicality-and-panache-in-Manchester-Uniteds-midfield-has-so-far-proved-irreplaceable.html)
07 May 2013
Robin Van Persie turns down No. 9 shirt (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10039802/Manchester-United-striker-Robin-van-Persie-turns-down-number-nine-shirt-will-keep-20-for-fans-that-bought-shirts.html)
06 May 2013
Ferguson: I regret not signing Lampard (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10038467/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-I-regret-not-signing-unbelievable-Frank-Lampard-for-Manchester-United.html)
05 May 2013

Ferguson had appeared to brush aside the prospect of standing down this summer when he insisted in his programme notes prior to Sunday’s Old Trafford defeat against Chelsea that, "I certainly don’t have any plans at the moment to walk away from what I believe will be something special".
Ferguson said: "This team of champions is not going away - we are here for the long ride.
"We will get better and if we apply ourselves in our normal fashion, I see our 20th league title as nothing but the start of another decade of success.
“Whether I will be here to oversee another decade of success remains to be seen, but I certainly don't have any plans at the moment to walk away from what I believe will be something special and worth being around to see.”
However, having always cited his health as the primary factor in any decision to retire, the club’s confirmation on Friday evening that Ferguson – who had a heart pacemaker fitted in 2004 – would undergo hip surgery in August, two weeks before the start of the new season, raised fresh doubt over his determination to continue in the post.
With large amounts of money wagered on Tuesday morning on Everton (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/)manager David Moyes leaving Goodison Park for Old Trafford this summer, bookmakers dramatically cut the odds on the 50-year-old due to intelligence that bets had been placed on the basis of strong information.
Jose Mourinho, the Real Madrid (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/) coach, is likely to become available this summer, with some figures within the club pointing towards Ryan Giggs being promoted to take a senior role on the coaching staff when Ferguson leaves.
David Gill’s decision to stand down as chief executive in the summer, to be replaced by Ed Woodward, will see Ferguson lose a man he has grown to trust and respect during their working relationship.
But with Gill not due to depart his role until June 30, any search for a new manager should Ferguson retire would involve Gill, Woodward and United’s Florida-based owners, the Glazer family.
Ferguson has repeatedly dampened down retirement speculation ever since he performed an about-turn on plans to walk away from United at the end of the 2001-02 season.
He has since admitted that his decision to go public with his intentions was an ‘absolute disaster,’ and vowed that he would not make a similar mistake when he chooses to leave the club, having arrived as successor to Ron Atkinson in November 1986.
Whether Ferguson would remain at Old Trafford in a senior capacity should he retire could present a thorny issue for any incoming manager, with Sir Matt Busby’s elevation to an ‘upstairs’ role following his retirement in 1969 ultimately proving a distraction to his initial successors.
Gill has repeatedly stated, however, that Ferguson’s opinion on a new man will be sought and that his advice will be taken by a club that has not appointed a manager for over a quarter of a century.
Ferguson’s determination to wrestle the Premier League (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/) title back fromManchester City (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/) this season, having been devastated by the loss of the crown to United’s neighbours, has been rewarded with his 13th league title as Old Trafford manager.

And although he has admitted his disappointment at failing to win more than two European Cups during his time at United, the ability to walk away from Old Trafford having restored the club’s dominance, both locally and nationally, has given Ferguson the opportunity to leave on a high.

Huge news this if true. not too surprised by it either. english football will be a poorer place without him, what he has done has been incrediable, but i for one cant wait to see the back of him, as it means we have a chance again

Ollie the Optimist
07-05-2013, 09:11 PM
and on monday, paddy power massively slashed the odds on moyes being next united manager. there could be legs in this one

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Moyes to Utd :pray:

IBK
07-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Fits what we have heard re Moyes, too. :yikes:

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 09:18 PM
In many ways Moyes is a good choice. Sacked by the summer so mourinho can come in. Or else they can get rafa or avram.

Marc Overmars
07-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Can't see it, one of those things I'll have to see to believe.

I doubt our chances of success would increase either, if United were to slide it would just open the door for City and Chelsea.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-05-2013, 09:25 PM
hope it isnt moyes. he'll take them up a level

need him here

pray they go for laudrup

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 09:26 PM
hope it isnt moyes

need him here

pray they go for laudrup

Yes but Moyes could end it in half the time and do it without an ounce of style. Must get, for them.

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 09:26 PM
The same Laudrup who has won more in one season with an inferior team than the Scottish equivalent of Wenger?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-05-2013, 09:28 PM
yes the same laudrup who had everything in place for him when he arrived and did nothing to make them the team they are today

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 09:31 PM
yes the same laudrup who had everything in place for him when he arrived and did nothing to make them the team they are today
He did buy Michu tbf.

Swansea under Rodgers were boring as fuck. Laudrup has added an entertainment factor and its produced a trophy. Mancs can have Moyes. We'll take Laudrup.

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Can't believe crooknapp hasn't been spotted hanging out of a car window and turning the job down unless its actually offered.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-05-2013, 09:36 PM
hope it isnt moyes. he'll take them up a level

need him here

pray they go for laudrup

Take them up a level? Yeah they might win the league with five games to spare instead of four next season.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-05-2013, 09:37 PM
If it does happen though and we all pray it will, Liverpool's second best news story of the year....

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 09:38 PM
If it does happen though and we all pray it will, Liverpool's second best news story of the year....

Carra retiring the first?

McNamara That Ghost...
07-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Big Andy's glorious return. :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Carra retiring the first?

Don't be ridiculous.

That's seventh.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-05-2013, 09:41 PM
I really should have thought this through.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-05-2013, 10:00 PM
He did buy Michu tbf.

Swansea under Rodgers were boring as fuck. Laudrup has added an entertainment factor and its produced a trophy. Mancs can have Moyes. We'll take Laudrup.

:lol: boring?

with 2 games remaining they've only scored 2 more goals than they did last season. hardly a colossal improvement.

:lol: better to watch?

prior to tonights match:

DLDDLLL

failed to score in 4 of them.

:haha: half a good season and people riding him. hail alex mcleish then.

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Scored more goals. You just proved my point. Thanks.

Their recent run means f all. They have nothing to play for after they won the trophy. I repeat a trophy. What's Moyes done?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-05-2013, 10:49 PM
that 'recent' run you refer to is 7 games. a fifth of the whole season. but yes lets just dismiss a whole chunk of the season to heighten your argument.

whats moyes done? took a team equivalent of reading and turned them into a consistent top 7 side. all with no money. with nothing in place. with no potential at the time.

thanks.

Kano
07-05-2013, 10:58 PM
not totally convinced by loudrap yet, he needs another season here to see what he is really made of. bit silly to dismiss what a good season he has given swansea however.

anyway, all bets are off

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22434853

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 11:18 PM
that 'recent' run you refer to is 7 games. a fifth of the whole season. but yes lets just dismiss a whole chunk of the season to heighten your argument.

whats moyes done? took a team equivalent of reading and turned them into a consistent top 7 side. all with no money. with nothing in place. with no potential at the time.

thanks.

Exactly what we don't want, but very likely what we'll get when Wenger goes.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-05-2013, 01:04 AM
yes because we are the equivalent of reading

:doh:

-Xs-
08-05-2013, 01:44 AM
I reckon it will be Mourinho rather than Moyes, if he is to retire.

Probably already a done deal. Will be funny watching the chavs go mental

The Wengerbabies
08-05-2013, 03:54 AM
Hopefully he'l come to Arsenal :pray:

fakeyank
08-05-2013, 05:30 AM
Hopefully he'l come to Arsenal :pray:

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 07:27 AM
If Ferge is supposed to have surgery this summer I guess it makes sense given it would take him out for a few months anyway.

Wenger. :bow:

Outlasted him.

Ollie the Optimist
08-05-2013, 08:19 AM
FERGIE HAS RETIRED

GP
08-05-2013, 08:20 AM
:wave:

Bye, you whiskey soaked, beetroot faced twat.

LDG
08-05-2013, 08:30 AM
I guess they've hoiked him so that they don't miss out on Mourinho.

Chavs :pal:

Either that, or his commitment to solving murders is getting in the way of his managerial responsibilities.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-05-2013, 08:31 AM
just celebrated like we won the league

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Bye.

Letters
08-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Great manager, glad he's gone.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 08:39 AM
RVP. :lol:

Fergie could only put up with him for one season.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Fucking hell I just heard!

Wow.

Great manager.

:wave:

cheesy bites
08-05-2013, 09:02 AM
For all the celebrating that this is the end of the United era of dominance, this is actually a bit sad. The guy's an absolute legend, and watching him go head to head with Wenger for years has been incredible. Who'd have thought of the two (once) great rivals, it would be Wenger outlasting Fergie? Will be an absolutely fascinating season next year.

Ollie the Optimist
08-05-2013, 09:04 AM
is it out lasting though? fergie was here well before wenger, and is older. i wouldnt say wenger out lasted him as such.

but those two going head to head was amazing, i wish we had it again.

GP
08-05-2013, 09:04 AM
http://www.newstalk.ie/Paddy-Crerands-full-blooded--furious-dismissal-of-Ferguson-rumours

GP
08-05-2013, 09:05 AM
So who to replace him?

Bruce?
Hughes?
Pulis?

Phil Brown?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 09:06 AM
http://static.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/john1.jpg

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 09:09 AM
I suppose this is why Moyes hasn't signed his new Everton deal.

There's also Mourinho of course who'll no doubt whore himself to them.

Ollie the Optimist
08-05-2013, 09:11 AM
it will be hilliarious to watch the chavs implode as they realise mourinho going to united means they are stuck with rafa

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 09:11 AM
I certainly won't miss him, but his Achievements are unparalleled and are deserving of respect. When Wenger steps down at the end of next season it really will be the end of an era.

GP
08-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Well, Rafa is gone either way.

But chelsea fans are getting a bit worked up right now.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:26 AM
yes because we are the equivalent of reading

:doh:

Don't agree with you there.

On the prudence side of things, why would the fans who are fed up of make and mend want another nanny for more of the same? Too easy for the board isn't it, suiting their needs first and foremost. Unless we can come to some agreement that being second tier is an achievement and therefore the continuing long term goal.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Apparently within the next 48 hours his replacement will be announced. :unsure:

Harvey Specter
08-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Wenger is the way forward. Well for us (Manchester United).

Please let him leave. Thanks.

GP
08-05-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm sure he's only leaving before Operation Yewtree catches up with him.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:37 AM
The next few months will tell us a lot about Mourinho. Could he really shun the chavs when they need a manager and go to Utd instead? He says he wants to be loved, he'll be hated. But what a way to shove it up Abramovich.

This is one of those rare moments where the unending eulogies that are about to be unleashed will be deserved. Amazing manager, best of all time by a mile. I used to hate the ground the guy walked on when we were in there fighting his Utd teams tooth and nail. Best era in English football ever? Has to be right up there. Just think of how long this guy has been at the top, half the fans in football won't remember Utd without Ferguson. They must be shitting themselves at OT today. Chances of replacing this guy are as close to zero as makes no odds. Mourinho will have to change almost everything in his own character if he's to go there and measure up. Moyes though? What a step down that would be, I'd be amazed if they are even contemplating it.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:37 AM

What the fuck? You never call, you never write!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 09:39 AM

Congrats on remembering your log-in details.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Apparently within the next 48 hours his replacement will be announced. :unsure:

:popcorn:

Moyes :pray:

PGFC
08-05-2013, 09:40 AM
So that's why AW let RvC leave, he knew he'd team up with him again at the end of this season, tricky, very tricky.

Harvey Specter
08-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Congrats on remembering your log-in details.

Lol I was about to come find you on the other place but realised I kept it simple this time.

Harvey Specter
08-05-2013, 09:42 AM
What the fuck? You never call, you never write!

Apologies.

Ollie the Optimist
08-05-2013, 09:43 AM
i think this job would be a true test of redknapps ability, given how finically strong united are with all their deals etc, could he bankrupt and relegate them within two seasons?

The Wengerbabies
08-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Sad day for football.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Apologies.

Yeah well you can make your own dinner tonight.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:47 AM
i think this job would be a true test of redknapps ability, given how finically strong united are with all their deals etc, could he bankrupt and relegate them within two seasons?

Crooknapp is ideal, but they'd never fall for it. Not even the FA were that dumb.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Moyes is the front runner according to SSN.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Sad day for football.

All things come to an end. For him to end on top after all this time is bloody amazing rather than sad. Bit sad the game is left with featherweight fucks like Mancini (more playa, more playa) to buy trophies rather than Fergie and Wenger to fight it out, but that battle was retired quite a few years back anyway.

Mind you, Fergie was no saint. But he'll become one now.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Moyes is the front runner according to SSN.

Could something like that really happen? Arsenal avoid getting him and he ends up at Utd? Talk about killing two birds with one nuclear bomb.

LDG
08-05-2013, 09:55 AM
It won't be Moyes, surely :lol:

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:58 AM
It won't be Moyes, surely :lol:

First response to the news on Red Cafe:

Anyone but Moyes. Please.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Fergie has always spoken highly of Moyes, so it makes sense. This is probably the reason he stalled on his new Everton deal.

Power n Glory
08-05-2013, 10:00 AM
First response to the news on Red Cafe:

He knows how to balance the books. He's perfect! :lol:

LDG
08-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Well, I guess if Fergie is still there in some advisory capacity, it could work. But I just don't see Moyes as someone who can manage such a big club.

It's not just about tactics and players. You're talking about arguably the biggest club in the world.

Master Splinter
08-05-2013, 10:13 AM
This is quite surreal. He's one of the biggest ****s in the history of the universe, but football without him just seems wrong.

He went out by getting one over Citeh, Liverpool and quite spectacularly, our very own Wenget. Actually, WUMger got one over himself in reality.

If you can't respect his ability to get the most out of his players and his success, you can appreciate him as a great WUM. Mourinho is light years behind. Although he could find it difficult navigating the remainder of his life without the aid of Riley, Webb and the FA.

Moyes replacing him would be good for their rivals.

Ollie the Optimist
08-05-2013, 10:20 AM
according to some journalists on twitter, united have decided on their next appointment but that person needs to resign from current role first.

if that is true, then it rules out moyes, as we wont need to resign, and all eyes go to mourinho

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:24 AM
This is a good one;

This is the Internet. Surely we can group together and create a campaign to ensure David fucking Moyes doesn't takeover from the greatest manager in football history.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Loads of speculation doing the rounds now (some of it made up by me admittedly)

Maureen bring Ronaldo with him.
Rooney out.
Howard Webb to add two extra seasons stoppage time.

Master Splinter
08-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Solskjaer tbh.

Giggs as his second-in-command.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Time for us to rummage around in the loft and find the stepladder for our perch.

hobson's choice
08-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Thank you jesus, I hope it's Moyes, that would be great for us. Some people really don't understand the job Fergie has done with this squad these past two seasons.

Moyes in my opinion, ain't capable of doing that with these players.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Time for us to rummage around in the loft and find the stepladder for our perch.

Is this you?

First Thatcher dies and now Fergie retires. Somewhere there is a scouser with a lamp and one wish left.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Is this you?

Not anymore. I made my last wish of being able to dance.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/760779/carlton-dance-o.gif

IBK
08-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Used to hate SAF with a vengeance when we used to compete with Manu back in the old days. Now I respect him as the best manager football has seen - who has done wonders with teams that have had players inferior to the competition in recent years.

Moyes coming in with SAF staying on in a mentoring role seems possible to me - in many ways Moyes could be regarded as a chip off the old block - and his achievements for Everton on the tiny budget available to him have been considerable. Mourinho and Pellegrini are the only managers with anything like the kudos of SAF - and Mourinho would have the ego to step into SAF's shoes. But neither will go to United if SAF stays on in any capacity.

...Somehow it seems hard to believe that SAF is ready to go altogether....

LDG
08-05-2013, 10:39 AM
according to some journalists on twitter, united have decided on their next appointment but that person needs to resign from current role first.

if that is true, then it rules out moyes, as we wont need to resign, and all eyes go to mourinho

I'm sure Fergie is capable of finishing the season isn't he? It's only two weeks FFS.

And I'm sure Utd can hold on for two weeks before announcing a new boss too.....it's only media pressure, else they probably wouldn't have announced it until the end of the season anyway.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm sure Fergie is capable of finishing the season isn't he? It's only two weeks FFS.

And I'm sure Utd can hold on for two weeks before announcing a new boss too.....it's only media pressure, else they probably wouldn't have announced it until the end of the season anyway.

There's big business to consider, don't forget. Now we have yanks in the game (no offence intended to the fucking yanks) football has to abide by their Wall St regulations. The interests of shareholders trump everything else. So this might seem sudden and rushed but that probably has a lot to do with what's written in some 10,000 page rulebook.

PGFC
08-05-2013, 10:44 AM

It's more to do with due diligance for the NYSE, they've got very strict rules on company announcements that may affect share prices.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Used to hate SAF with a vengeance when we used to compete with Manu back in the old days. Now I respect him as the best manager football has seen - who has done wonders with teams that have had players inferior to the competition in recent years.

Moyes coming in with SAF staying on in a mentoring role seems possible to me - in many ways Moyes could be regarded as a chip off the old block - and his achievements for Everton on the tiny budget available to him have been considerable. Mourinho and Pellegrini are the only managers with anything like the kudos of SAF - and Mourinho would have the ego to step into SAF's shoes. But neither will go to United if SAF stays on in any capacity.

...Somehow it seems hard to believe that SAF is ready to go altogether....

Would Moyes be happy with playing the John Major role with Fergie driving from the back seat? I don't think any top manager at a top club would be happy with that.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-05-2013, 10:49 AM
So it actually happened.

The league is going to be poorer without him and he's cemented himself as one of the greats of the game.

But from our point of view this is a good thing, especially if Man Utd appoint a Souness like catastrophe that takes them down a few levels. It may give us a fighting chance at the league as long as Man City and Chelsea continue to flatter to deceive. Hopefully it's Moyes and not Mourinho.

I wonder how Wenger feels about this. After all the bitterness and feuding they once had, they seemed to become very good friends - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson regarded Wenger as his closest managerial friend. It's a shame they never really ignited their rivalry much post invincibles.

lol RVP

LDG
08-05-2013, 10:55 AM
It's more to do with due diligance for the NYSE, they've got very strict rules on company announcements that may affect share prices.

:good:

I haven't read any of it tbf.

http://alicia-logic.com/capsimages/l_009Hoggle.jpg

Nozza!
08-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Oi, bibulous bawbag, don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out...

Letters
08-05-2013, 11:03 AM
:lol:

This is big news if Nozza and MW have come back on here to post about it!

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 11:05 AM
http://images.supersport.com/Rafa-Benitez-100821-ThumbsUP-R300.jpg

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:05 AM
:lol:

This is big news if Nozza and MW have come back on here to post about it!

Sky is speculating they had their accounts banned on other forums.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:13 AM
There's some really crazy talk going on that Wenger has been approached.

The Wengerbabies
08-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Hope its true :pray:

Power n Glory
08-05-2013, 11:16 AM

Never gonna happen.

Kano
08-05-2013, 11:17 AM
that would be hilarious.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Thank you jesus, I hope it's Moyes, that would be great for us. Some people really don't understand the job Fergie has done with this squad these past two seasons.

Moyes in my opinion, ain't capable of doing that with these players.

Moyes is a bit of punt but I can't see a huge decline just yet, Fergie's left enough of a stamp on that team for them to carry on competing.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Hope its true :pray:

At the moment I'm the only source for this rumour but I have a strong track record with these things and I DO NOT have a Twitter account nor do I post comments on goal.com. I will shortly be placing considerable funds with Paddy Power to see if I can generate a bit of momentum.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-05-2013, 11:29 AM

:lol :lol That's not going to happen. Perhaps 6/7 years ago but not now.

Saying that I wonder it makes you wonder how good Wenger could be if he spent some money for a fucking change.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:37 AM
That said, plenty of Red Cafe want him though none think they could get him. Probably some sort of grasping at memories of the classic battles, some sort of historical continuity. Not much support for Moyes on there. His mum was on telling them how mean they all are but that's about it.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:39 AM
In hindsight it seems Sagna's performance vs Utd was a tribute to Fergie.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 11:40 AM
RVP can come back now, he had his fun.

Harvey Specter
08-05-2013, 11:46 AM

If only that were even remotely true.

He'd win the league 3 times in a row with our team and probably a CL.

Harvey Specter
08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
RVP can come back now, he had his fun.

Bet he's well fucked off. He came to work with the best and is gonna get Moyes.

Awesome.

Harvey Specter
08-05-2013, 11:50 AM
What should happen.

Ole comes and manages some Prem team for three years. Mourinho manages us for those three years, then fucks off and Ole can manage us for the following 10 years.

That's what should happen.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:50 AM
If Moyes goes to Utd it will be a triumph for mediocrity. Just do your time, nothing spectacular, work the averages and wait it out. Strange enough that Ferguson has gone, it'll be genuinely shocking if Moyes ends up in that seat. Unless he's going to perform the role of yes man and puppet.

Power n Glory
08-05-2013, 11:52 AM

Awesome.

On the flipside, he was right not to wait another year or he’d have missed his boat.

But if Moyes comes in he should be well pissed off! :lol:

IBK
08-05-2013, 12:02 PM

LOL - that mignt explain both Van Persie and the statement that we'll be selling noone else to Manure. Seriously, though - unless Rafa's going as interim manager until 2014 - no chance!

IBK
08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Would Moyes be happy with playing the John Major role with Fergie driving from the back seat? I don't think any top manager at a top club would be happy with that.

I reckon so - for an interim period. Moyes would need bedding in to a club that actually spends and I reckon he'd go for it (unlike any 'top' manager). It is the biggest club in the world after all...

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Wenget going there would be the biggest WUM of all time.

Even I'd have to applaud him.

Harvey Specter
08-05-2013, 12:06 PM
On the flipside, he was right not to wait another year or he’d have missed his boat.

But if Moyes comes in he should be well pissed off! :lol:

True story.

This is a bad day. Good day for Mancini cos it probably saved his job, but for United fans, it's worse than people outside even think.

Harvey Specter
08-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Wenget going there would be the biggest WUM of all time.

Even I'd have to applaud him.

I'd love to have Wenger as long as he doesn't buy the players.

Munchies
08-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Wow.... Wow... wasn't expecting this at all.

Fergie has always been at the top of the game, and is a true great. Managed to deal with all the new teams challenging without fading away. He's been the manager of one club for 26 years, and in the current climate, you can comfortably say that will never happen again.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Wow.... Wow... wasn't expecting this at all.

Fergie has always been at the top of the game, and is a true great. Managed to deal with all the new teams challenging without fading away. He's been the manager of one club for 26 years, and in the current climate, you can comfortably say that will never happen again.

Wenger will be here after 26 years :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 12:25 PM

Awesome.

The Moyes/Mike Phelan dreamteam.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 12:25 PM
The Moyes/Mike Phelan dreamteam.

Doesn't even come close to

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/6/16/1245149112691/New-Tranmere-manager-John-001.jpg

Master Splinter
08-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Manchester United chief executive David Gill, speaking to MUTV: "We have to look forward now and I think any manager coming in will inherit a great squad and great staff around him. It is a dream job. I won't speculate on the announcement but I think we will move relatively quickly.

"In Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex we got in managers who got involved in all aspects of the club. That degree of loyalty is crucial to the success of Manchester United. He (the next manager) needs the required football experience in terms of domestic and European requirements, so it is a small pool."

That would seemingly rule out Mourinho and especially Moyes, who has little and not so successful European experience. "Small pool" as well. Sounds like Wenget's going home.

Munchies
08-05-2013, 12:30 PM
SSN got Moyes in pole position (hope he goes there, he's awlful ;) )

Power n Glory
08-05-2013, 12:33 PM
SSN got Moyes in pole position (hope he goes there, he's awlful ;) )

He'll turn it down and extend his deal with Everton.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Can you imagine Wenger having to go upstairs and call Ferguson "boss"? They'd be tearing skin off each other within the first week. Not sure anyone but a total yes man can work at Utd now if Ferguson is still on the scene in any meaningful way. It's okay saying there can be a bedding-in period but Ferguson would have to go after that or else the bedding in would just be training a manager to do what he's instructed from above. What is Avram Grant up to? He has Euro experience and is very domesticated.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 12:42 PM
The Times are reporting Moyes will be named as the new manager in the next 24 hours.

Power n Glory
08-05-2013, 12:44 PM
That's a bloody disaster for Manure fans! :lol:

It can't be true because he has no European experience.

Munchies
08-05-2013, 12:48 PM
BBC comment:
Heartbreak in the Mark Hughes household as he leaps up to answer his mobile phone only to be asked if he's ever been mis-sold PPI" +139

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 12:51 PM
If Everton are telling the truth about there being no contact from Utd then it can't be Moyes. Not unless Utd have been negotiating behind their backs. Of course they aren't obliged to tell the truth but it would be easier to say nothing rather than lie about it.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 12:55 PM
If Everton are telling the truth about there being no contact from Utd then it can't be Moyes. Not unless Utd have been negotiating behind their backs. Of course they aren't obliged to tell the truth but it would be easier to say nothing rather than lie about it.

Moyes' contract is up anyway, so I presume he can talk to whoever he wants.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Moyes' contract is up anyway, so I presume he can talk to whoever he wants.

Is it finished or does it run out at the end of the season? There was also talk the club concerned had amicably agreed to the arrangement? Nothing being said points to Moyes. Could be misdirection but why?

Letters
08-05-2013, 01:06 PM
BBC comment:
Heartbreak in the Mark Hughes household as he leaps up to answer his mobile phone only to be asked if he's ever been mis-sold PPI" +139

Awlsome.

Master Splinter
08-05-2013, 01:13 PM
At least they can make sure Screech doesn't shit on them again if Moyes brings him along.

Wazza and Moyes reunited. :popcorn:

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Just putting this out there for feedback, but does anyone else hate fucked up Sky Sports News and their constant fucked up super hyped bullshit designed to drag eyeballs onto their boring shit arsed ****ing adverts?

Edinburgh Gooner
08-05-2013, 01:18 PM
On talkshite just now that moyes will definately replace fergie

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Moyes has been ruled out as new Utd manager with Talksport confirming he's the new Utd manager.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130508/david-moyes-appointed-manchester-united-manager-197137

Power n Glory
08-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Just putting this out there for feedback, but does anyone else hate fucked up Sky Sports News and their constant fucked up super hyped bullshit designed to drag eyeballs onto their boring shit arsed ****ing adverts?

It bloody annoys me. Soccer Saturday is just as foul with all the pundits in the studio hyping every moment and screaming all the time to get some attention. The reactions are so fake now.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 01:27 PM
They seem to have settled on a nickname for Moyes on Redcafe already:

David Fucking Moyes

DFM :bow:

Power n Glory
08-05-2013, 01:32 PM
They seem to have settled on a nickname for Moyes on Redcafe already:

DFM :bow:

:lol: I sense the outrage. David Fucking Moyes!

IBK
08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
BBC comment:

ROFL!

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 01:39 PM
I wonder if Moyes will take any Everton players with him.

Fellaini? Barkley? Gibson?

The Emirates Gallactico
08-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Well this is going to be interesting, there seems a contingent very sceptical to him which means the pressure will be on once a few bad results and poor performances occur.

GP
08-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Gibson :lol:

I reckon he'll take Phil Neville as coach.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 01:48 PM
I wonder if Moyes will take any Everton players with him.

Fellaini? Barkley? Gibson?

Naismith. He loves him.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Naismith. He loves him.

And Hibbert. Bout time they had a decent right back.

Martinez to Everton? :popcorn:

The Emirates Gallactico
08-05-2013, 02:04 PM
The Man Utd share price on the NYSE has just dropped by 5%.

Grebbo
08-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Surely they can't appoint a manager who's never won anything and has zero champs lge experience?? That'll end in tears hopefully.

Would be an exciting time for Arsenal if we had a half decent squad as Manure could have a transitional couple of seasons.

Letters
08-05-2013, 03:02 PM
The Man Utd share price on the NYSE has just dropped by 5%.
Briefly. Soon bounced back. For now.
It'll go through the floor if they appoint Moyes :lol:

ManYoo :rose:
I remember them.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-05-2013, 03:20 PM
I can't see any direction but south for the mancs now.

RvC. :haha:

Maestro
08-05-2013, 05:58 PM
we need more comedy from red café.

tbf i'd be concerned as a utd fan. fergie was truly great

Ernesto
08-05-2013, 06:47 PM
'Surrogates' was meant to be on tonight on BBC1 tonight.

It was meant to be.....

Cripps_orig
08-05-2013, 06:49 PM
b

The Emirates Gallactico
08-05-2013, 07:07 PM
we need more comedy from red café.

tbf i'd be concerned as a utd fan. fergie was truly great

Not redcafe but a Man Utd fan in tears on Talksport.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/130508/hilarious-manchester-united-fan-cries-after-hearing-fergies-retirement-197157

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Now BBCSport is saying Moyes is to be confirmed as United manager, possibly as early as tomorrow.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah, most sources have been saying it'll be confirmed very soon.

Moyes. :lol:

Good luck, you're going to need it.

Cripps_orig
08-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Moyes :haha:

Man Utds glory years are over

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Lets hope we look back on this day and laugh as a great darkness lifted, not look back on this day and think 'shit'.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-05-2013, 07:39 PM
DFM :haha:

Mancs :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Hopefully Man Utd get a rock hard Champions League group. :pray:

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Dortmund will still be quite low in the seedings won't they? :popcorn:

Same with PSG.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Do the winners go straight to Pot 1 anyway? (They might be in Pot 2 as it stands). Citeh could well be down in Pot 3 this season too.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Could be, don't know if there's ever been a winner from pot 4. :lol:

LDG
08-05-2013, 08:32 PM
DAVID FUCKING MOYES!!!!!

Injury Time
08-05-2013, 09:15 PM
DAVID FUCKING MOYES!!!!!

:patrice: :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Special Sky programme about it on now. Same team as for the Chelsea - Spuds game.

BBC have one on too but that's also repeated later on BBC NI and BBC Wales, I think.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm watching Football Focus and recording the Sky programme. Had enough of their drones go on about it for one day.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Doing it the other way round, mainly because I am recording 10 o clock live too.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Savage, Dublin and Schteve on Football Focus.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:36 PM
So everyone has been talking about Fergie and watching all the shit on TV. And when I think back to Redknapp getting the push and losing out on the England job and everyone going, you crook **** we're so happy this has happened and it couldn't have happened to a bigger crook ****, it makes me think ferguson is the more respected of the two.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Seriously though, what s the hidden meaning behind Robbie Savage being hired to give his opinion? Obviously nobody could possibly care what that **** thinks or says, so what's the purpose of it?

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:44 PM
RvP looked like a transvestite hooker in that suit at the races today, or some weird cross between Liberace and the Rocky Horror show.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Freeview getting Peter Reid and Schteve mixed up.

That or he hates him.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Peter Reid must have been too late to make the shelter last night.

LDG
08-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Doing it the other way round, mainly because I am recording 10 o clock live too.

10 O'Clock Live :bow:

LDG
08-05-2013, 09:48 PM
I was 7 when Fergie took charge of Utd.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:49 PM

Coney was in his early nineties.

LDG
08-05-2013, 09:49 PM

I've no idea why I thought that would be of interest btw.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:50 PM
I've no idea why I thought that would be of interest btw.

Was useful to me anyway as it came up in a quiz I was in today.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Arsenal were interested in ferguson? Never knew that. Would we have swapped the early Wenger years?

truthfully, no.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Besides, if we'd have had Fergie we might be run by a bunch of American fucks by now.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Fergie smashing beckham's face in, :haha:

LDG
08-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Theatre of Dreams :sick:

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 09:58 PM
The whores are already grovelling to Moyes, getting some practise in.

LDG
08-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Shearer :lol:

Where is he sat? Fucking country club or something. :haha:

Niall_Quinn
Sir David fucking Moyes

Shaqiri Is Boss
http://www.politicshome.com/timthumb.php?w=578&src=/images/1.1.Front_Pages/Sun_090513.jpg

That's actually a little bit ridiculous.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Shearer :lol:

Where is he sat? Fucking country club or something. :haha:

Somewhere that matches his jumper.

Good find tbh, must have searched high and low.

LDG
08-05-2013, 10:02 PM
We're not included in the list.

Arsenal :rose:

LDG
08-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Y'know.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Y'know.

Emmmmm, ermmmm, emmmmm

Shaqiri Is Boss
Hardly the warmest of goodbyes from Rafa :lol:

Niall_Quinn
That **** on the bbc, what happened to the sleeves on his jacket?

LDG
08-05-2013, 10:07 PM
When you leave bits unshaven, and your nose contains half your blood, you know you have to pack it in.

And maybe move on to the brandy.

Cripps_orig
08-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Will be weird.

All my football following life, Fergie has been manc manager.

Still, at least they have Moyes :haha:

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Why isn't the interview in English?

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Rooney in Robbie sewage's all time Utd 11

LDG
08-05-2013, 10:17 PM
:sick:

Cripps_orig
08-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Odds on Moyes being sacked by Xmas?

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:43 PM

1/10 according to Navvy Power

Özil's Panoramic View
08-05-2013, 10:45 PM

I pray not.

What a great day for English footie when we can look forward to the mancs shitness being well and truly reflected in the tables.

Of course it doesn't mean we'll have a better shot at the title, as we still have Wenger.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Moyes will have to be horrific to get the sack, from the sounds of it Fergie has hand picked him and he'll be given a lot of time.

Cripps_orig
08-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Do we want them early next season?

Or do we want them around Xmas when they are languishing around 7th which is what Moyes is best at?

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Sounds like Fergie will be managing things for a while yet then.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:06 PM
New thread on Redcafe:
"who should succeed David Moyes"

Özil's Panoramic View
08-05-2013, 11:41 PM
New thread on Redcafe:
"who should succeed David Moyes"

:haha: sounds like an awesome board over there.

I'll have to have a read there sometime.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-05-2013, 12:22 AM
rooney has asked to leave :lol:

they're falling apart :haha:

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 01:43 AM
rooney has asked to leave :lol:

they're falling apart :haha:

Rooney out to the chavs and Ronaldo in apparently (provided they can convince him Fergie has lost a bit of weight and had a facelift). One year after RvP stabs us up for Utd, Rooney digs the knife in at OT. What goes around.

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Wazza wants to go. :haha:

Although it would be little bit shit if Ronaldo replaced him.

PGFC
09-05-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm so bored with this now.

He's not dead just retiring, this wankfest is just embarrassing.

LDG
09-05-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm so bored with this now.

He's not dead just retiring, this wankfest is just embarrassing.

:gp:

They had "Impossible Dream" with all the slow-mo's for the end of the BBC special last night.

It made me feel ill.

GP
09-05-2013, 08:57 AM
I don't even get why the BBC made a big deal of it, he wouldn't even talk to them.

Ollie the Optimist
09-05-2013, 09:01 AM
I don't even get why the BBC made a big deal of it, he wouldn't even talk to them.

it is quite funny watching all these journalists write all these apologies to him etc etc when he banned pretty much everyone of them and treated them like shit.

will they be this nice when wenger goes? will htey fuck

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-05-2013, 09:08 AM
it is quite funny watching all these journalists write all these apologies to him etc etc when he banned pretty much everyone of them and treated them like shit.

They will probably have a special Football Focus tbf.

It'll just be this on a loop
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/3664639_o.gif

Ollie the Optimist
09-05-2013, 09:10 AM
They will probably have a special Football Focus tbf.

It'll just be this on a loop
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/3664639_o.gif

linekar's a ****

PGFC
09-05-2013, 09:40 AM

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 10:45 AM

If you beat a dog it will stay loyal provided it can't get food elsewhere. He may have called them ****s and pissed all over them except the ones on fire (surprisingly no other manager has figured out this simple technique for dealing with the media) but he still provided the graffiti all those times the monkeys were staring at pristine chip wrapping.

****s. Do we care what they write about Wenger? As long as we treat him properly when he goes, which I think some of us won't.

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Everton confirm Moyes will leave.

Martinez and Laudrup linked with them.

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 01:49 PM
We thank David for his loyalty and wish him all the best in his new kennel.

GP
09-05-2013, 01:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJ07kBvCQAEAjlO.jpg

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Finally. After all this time!

http://datedaily.mate1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/smeagol-my-precious.gif

GP
09-05-2013, 02:06 PM
So they get rid on one dour Scot and replace him with another.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Wouldn't it be better if at the end of the last game of the season United announced it like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAlIj9bZwIc

And then Moyes tombstones Fergie into a coffin.

Power n Glory
09-05-2013, 02:19 PM
David Fucking Moyes!

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-05-2013, 03:00 PM
6 year deal.

Bold.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Six years? WTF?

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 03:19 PM
They're really priding themselves on this idea of longevity and stability. We'll see how much they're willing to stick to their guns should things go tits up.

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Manchester United have confirmed the appointment of David Moyes as their new manager on a six-year contract.

The 50-year-old will take charge at Old Trafford on July 1 after completing the season with Everton.

Moyes has the backing of Sir Alex Ferguson, who will retire at the end of the season, and his first official game will be the Community Shield against either Manchester City or Wigan at Wembley on August 11.

Moyes said: "It's a great honour to be asked to be the next manager of Manchester United.

"I am delighted that Sir Alex saw fit to recommend me for the job. I have great respect for everything he has done and for the football club.

"I know how hard it will be to follow the best manager ever, but the opportunity to manage Manchester United isn't something that comes around very often and I'm really looking forward to taking up the post next season.

"I have had a terrific job at Everton, with a tremendous chairman and board of directors and a great set of players.

"Between now and the end of the season, I will do everything in my power to make sure we finish as high as possible in the table.

"Everton's fantastic fans have played a big part in making my years at Goodison so enjoyable and I thank them wholeheartedly for the support they have given me and the players.

"Everton will be close to me for the rest of my life."

Ferguson said: "When we discussed the candidates that we felt had the right attributes, we unanimously agreed on David Moyes. David is a man of great integrity with a strong work ethic.

"I've admired his work for a long time and approached him as far back as 1998 to discuss the position of assistant manager here.

"He was a young man then at the start of his career and has since gone on to do a magnificent job at Everton.

"There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this club."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8701469/Manchester-United-confirm-appointment-of-David-Moyes-on-a-six-year-contract

Munchies
09-05-2013, 03:29 PM
They're really priding themselves on this idea of longevity and stability. We'll see how much they're willing to stick to their guns should things go tits up.

We all hope they do :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Is this really that important it needs all other information bars to be removed on SSN?

Also, RVP. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 03:35 PM
All very humorous on Redcafe. Half the fans are slating DFM but then offering their full support, the other half are slating half the fans for not being 100% delighted. At least seventy five per cent are in varying stages of denial with some going as far as to claim they always wanted Moyes at Utd. Meanwhile, in the real world, Moyes is a manager who has achieved absolutely nothing in the game and is now managing the biggest club in the business. Odd, to say the least.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Is this really that important it needs all other information bars to be removed on SSN?

Also, RVP. :lol:
To be fair you are watching SkySportsMoyes.

SSN will be back in August.

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 03:38 PM
This is probably Jim White's 3rd biggest gig of the year, after the 2 deadline days.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Where's 'Arry's winda?

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Where's 'Arry's winda?

First the snub by England, then the Barca job isn't even offered and now Utd goes begging. Is Arry's star on the wane?

Munchies
09-05-2013, 03:47 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/30j6urc.jpg

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Proof that sheep can talk:

I welcome David Moyes and wish him all the best. And to all the naysayers, who the fuck are you to question the FINAL decision by Sir Alex Ferguson?

On with the Revolution!

Can the mods please ban the fucktards who are already writing Moyes off?

The rebels attempt compromise:

what if they do it while wearing a sombrero ?

The Emirates Gallactico
09-05-2013, 03:49 PM
All very humorous on Redcafe. Half the fans are slating DFM but then offering their full support, the other half are slating half the fans for not being 100% delighted. At least seventy five per cent are in varying stages of denial with some going as far as to claim they always wanted Moyes at Utd. Meanwhile, in the real world, Moyes is a manager who has achieved absolutely nothing in the game and is now managing the biggest club in the business. Odd, to say the least.
The posters suddenly claiming that they always wanted Moyes there is very amusing. If you'd asked a year ago, I doubt Moyes would have gathered more than 10% support.

It's going to be interesting for GW as well. Apparently Moyes isn't good enough for Arsenal according to some but according to Ferguson he's good enough for Man Utd. Either way someone's going to end up with egg on their faces.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Lest we forget: also, Mourinho. :haha:

The whore really did suck Fergie's cock in a most overt manner all for naught.

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Finally a creditable attempt at explaining why Utd moved so far to appoint Moyes:

I believe we had to act quickly as with the impending departure of Jose from Real Madrid, it was inevitable that Real would be in for David Moyes!

The Emirates Gallactico
09-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Whoah six years as well. I doubt Moyes is going to be on that large of a salary but either way it's going to be expensive if they have to fire him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-05-2013, 03:56 PM
good enough for the biggest club in the world but not good enough for arsenal apparently :haha: :doh:

they went for moyes when they could easily have gone for fouldrup. all but confirms that they rate moyes more highly and who can blame them? only fickle fans would look at 0.5 seasons instead of 10. the real knowledgable fans know the truth and the fact that the united board all but agree with them by appointing moyes shows exactly how knowledgable those fans are.

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2013, 04:01 PM
good enough for the biggest club in the world but not good enough for arsenal apparently :haha: :doh:

they went for moyes when they could easily have gone for fouldrup. all but confirms that they rate moyes more highly and who can blame them? only fickle fans would look at 0.5 seasons instead of 10. the real knowledgable fans know the truth and the fact that the united board all but agree with them by appointing moyes shows exactly how knowledgable those fans are.

Depends a lot on what you want to see when you pay to watch a football match. Moyes is absolutely not good enough for Arsenal because we've all spent the last 8 years moaning at how the quality of our football has gone down the drain. I doubt we'd want to make that a permanent condition by appointing Moyes. I suppose some Utd fans are wary of the general decline in their standards too and maybe want to see the trend reversed.

Power n Glory
09-05-2013, 04:18 PM

Don't be so quick to get on your knees. Fergie's judgement isn't flawless. Remember Djemba-Djemba? Kleberson? Bebe?

Things are changing at United. Rooney now wants out, Gill is stepping down and they probably won't be spending crazy money like they used to. Moyes might be the right sort of candidate they need that will work to a budget and stay in line while Fergie guides him.

We could never have that sort of arrangement here at Arsenal and it would be an absolute disaster if the Board appointed him because you’d know phase 2 of the asset stripping is in full effect.

Besides that, Moyes brand of football doesn’t fit in with ours and his away record to the big four is poor. There is no way we could afford to take such a risk.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2013, 04:29 PM

He has to win a league before he shows he is good at Man Utd. Not that he should get any credit, given Man Utd is a club that is already set up for him (following your argument).

And please, cut out the insults to people that disagree with you. You often complain of people treating your posts with disdain and in an insulting manner so don't do the same.

Letters
09-05-2013, 04:42 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Moyes#Honours

Hardly dripping with trophies...

I rate Moyes, he's competent enough. I don't think he's anything special though. Let's see how they do next season. I expect them to be up there because he's inheriting a good squad and they have the money to splash out of he feels he need to, I doubt they'll be champions though.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Don't be so quick to get on your knees. Fergie's judgement isn't flawless. Remember Djemba-Djemba? Kleberson? Bebe?

Things are changing at United. Rooney now wants out, Gill is stepping down and they probably won't be spending crazy money like they used to. Moyes might be the right sort of candidate they need that will work to a budget and stay in line while Fergie guides him.

We could never have that sort of arrangement here at Arsenal and it would be an absolute disaster if the Board appointed him because you’d know phase 2 of the asset stripping is in full effect.

Besides that, Moyes brand of football doesn’t fit in with ours and his away record to the big four is poor. There is no way we could afford to take such a risk.

oh but united can? the glazers invested in man utd with a £500m loan to cover their purchase and rely on commercial deals as the main way of repaying that back (alongside trophies of course). yet they still went for a manager with little commercial know-how/value, someone who had relatively small links with the global scouting network and is unknown globally. its ok for the biggest club in the world to do that but for us its not. that doesnt make sense. if anything its a huge risk for them.

and that away record hypothesis is weak too, they always give top teams a hard game so if anything it shows how well his teams do when he is financially disadvantaged even if they dont get the points. and usually its because they dont get the decisions i.e. liverpool last weekend. big sam has more away wins against the top teams? is he better? lol

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Depends a lot on what you want to see when you pay to watch a football match. Moyes is absolutely not good enough for Arsenal because we've all spent the last 8 years moaning at how the quality of our football has gone down the drain. I doubt we'd want to make that a permanent condition by appointing Moyes. I suppose some Utd fans are wary of the general decline in their standards too and maybe want to see the trend reversed.

yep if its the quality argument you use then thats a fair argument and its the only reasoned response ive had tbf. saying that, his teams have improved tremendously over the past few years and with better quality players he'd adapt himself just like any good manager would. you think he's going to go 5-4-1 with man utd's squad? or with our squad? nah.

Marc Overmars
09-05-2013, 04:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Moyes#Honours

Hardly dripping with trophies...

I rate Moyes, he's competent enough. I don't think he's anything special though. Let's see how they do next season. I expect them to be up there because he's inheriting a good squad and they have the money to splash out of he feels he need to, I doubt they'll be champions though.

I reckon they'll be competing at least, there's far too much of a good set up there for them to just wither away overnight. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they won it again, although maybe not as convincingly as this year.

Chelsea and City are the ones to watch as they'll probably spend a shit load.

Power n Glory
09-05-2013, 05:56 PM
oh but united can? the glazers invested in man utd with a £500m loan to cover their purchase and rely on commercial deals as the main way of repaying that back (alongside trophies of course). yet they still went for a manager with little commercial know-how/value, someone who had relatively small links with the global scouting network and is unknown globally. its ok for the biggest club in the world to do that but for us its not. that doesnt make sense. if anything its a huge risk for them.

and that away record hypothesis is weak too, they always give top teams a hard game so if anything it shows how well his teams do when he is financially disadvantaged even if they dont get the points. and usually its because they dont get the decisions i.e. liverpool last weekend. big sam has more away wins against the top teams? is he better? lol

Of course they can because they're bigger more established organisation. That's how it works with big businesses anyway. If Moyes fails badly there will be a host of top quality managers lining up to takeover. Man Utd are a huge brand and have the rep. They'll still attract players regardless of Moyes because they're an institution. You can't say the same about us. Wenger's rep and past is what attracts most players to join us because we're nowhere near as big. We've also just moved to a new stadium, paying off the debt, heavily dependent on sponsorship money increasing, attendance and the prestige of CL football. We slip up with our management at this point and it could be curtains. It would be hard for us to bounce back and you can see already how it's hard for to attract players now since we haven't won anything in years. Imagine if we'd appoint Moyes and he's struggling to make the top 4. I shouldn't have to explain why Moyes is major risk.

Also, Laudrop has beaten us at home and Chelsea in the league cup.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Of course they can because they're bigger more established organisation. That's how it works with big businesses anyway. If Moyes fails badly there will be a host of top quality managers lining up to takeover. Man Utd are a huge brand and have the rep. They'll still attract players regardless of Moyes because they're an institution. You can't say the same about us. Wenger's rep and past is what attracts most players to join us because we're nowhere near as big. We've also just moved to a new stadium, paying off the debt, heavily dependent on sponsorship money increasing, attendance and the prestige of CL football. We slip up with our management at this point and it could be curtains. It would be hard for us to bounce back and you can see already how it's hard for to attract players now since we haven't won anything in years. Imagine if we'd appoint Moyes and he's struggling to make the top 4. I shouldn't have to explain why Moyes is major risk.

Also, Laudrop has beaten us at home and Chelsea in the league cup.

and is on course to finish 14 points below everton :partytime:

Cripps_orig
09-05-2013, 06:41 PM
And yet they will play in Europe next season whilst Moyes failed yet again.

Anyway Mancs :haha:

Moyes :haha:

City or Chelsea for the title tbh

Cheeky bid for Wazza?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-05-2013, 06:42 PM
United may have the reputation but so did Liverpool and look where they are

Ferguson left because he knew that this is a club in decline, there isn't the money there to replace their ageing stars and their over-rated dross and it was clear that they smashed every piggy bank in Old Trafford to fuck to get the cash together to buy Van Persie. Look at their wage bill as well it must be as bloated as Elvis Presley's corpse when they found it....and it's not like anyone decent is being produced by their youth academy.
A team that had to bring Scholes out of retirement, a midfield of Carrick and Cleverley; it must have taken every ounce of willpower from Ferguson to win them the title this season even with Van Persie banging in goals right, left and centre.

Power n Glory
09-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Players and coaches want silverware. Finishing 6th doesn't mean much. A new club like Swansea finishing 9th and winning a cup is pretty impressive.

Ollie the Optimist
09-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Players and coaches want silverware. Finishing 6th doesn't mean much. A new club like Swansea finishing 9th and winning a cup is pretty impressive.

true, but finishing above liverpool for two years in a row, after spending 80P and they have spent millions, is fucking impressive. finishing 6th on paper doesnt look much, but what he has done with everton has been a miracle and deserves credit for it.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-05-2013, 06:48 PM
the debate isnt about what fans and coaches want, its about the managers credentials.

finishing high in the premier league is much harder than winning a cup.

Cripps_orig
09-05-2013, 06:55 PM
the debate isnt about what fans and coaches want, its about the managers credentials.

Look at Evertons squad. Millions spent on it. Swansea squad, around 20p.

Swansea have a trophy and will play in Europe. Everton showed no improvement from last season and Everton fans not so long ago were calling for Moyes to fuck off

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-05-2013, 06:56 PM
It's a bit of a pointless comparison given Moyes has been there a million years, whereas this is only Laudrup's first season in this country.

Power n Glory
09-05-2013, 06:56 PM
United may have the reputation but so did Liverpool and look where they are

Ferguson left because he knew that this is a club in decline, there isn't the money there to replace their ageing stars and their over-rated dross and it was clear that they smashed every piggy bank in Old Trafford to fuck to get the cash together to buy Van Persie. Look at their wage bill as well it must be as bloated as Elvis Presley's corpse when they found it....and it's not like anyone decent is being produced by their youth academy.
A team that had to bring Scholes out of retirement, a midfield of Carrick and Cleverley; it must have taken every ounce of willpower from Ferguson to win them the title this season even with Van Persie banging in goals right, left and centre.

True indeed but Liverpool rolled the dice far too many times and Rafa left them in terrible shape. They took on Hodgson which was a bad move; it's similar to what United are doing now and then they took on King Kenny and gave him access to their piggybank. Huge mistake. Now Rodgers is struggling and having to trying to work with kids.

United have dominated the Prem for years now and I can't see them falling apart like Liverpool unless they fall on some real hard times financially. It's not impossible though and Fergie done a great job to win the league with that team.

Power n Glory
09-05-2013, 07:03 PM

Do you expect Swansea to finish higher than Everton when they've only just started life in the Prem? They're a newly promoted team. The debate is about credentials and if you read around you'll hear people say that Moyes shouldn't be the boss of Man Utd because of his lack of credentials. He'll be tested and we'll soon find out.