PDA

View Full Version : This season's most disappointing player?

Grebbo
10-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Ok, it would be harder to name a player that you're not disappointed with this season but which player have you been most disappointed with?

Whilst it goes without saying Vermaelen, Arshavin, Chesney, Sagna, Gervinho have largely been awful this season and Arteta divides opinion but for me the most disappointing player has been the Ox.

I expected him to do something this season. I know he's young but he should be doing much better. One thing you cannot criticise Wenger for is not playing youngsters, he's famous for it. So he's not getting game time because he isn't showing enough in training or on the pitch.

I can't really see where the hype comes from with the Ox...

:shrug:

Marc Overmars
10-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Has to be Sagan.

Used to always be a 7/10 guy minimum, one of the first names on the team sheet and generally a player we could all agree on.

Awful this season though, his future being up in the air probably hasn't helped. He's certainly lost focus and his crossing which was never great to begin with, has sunk to even further depths.

Oxlade has been disappointing as well but Wenget is still punishing him for that United game last season, so I'll cut him some slack.

I_Killed_Kenny
10-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Gotta say i agree with MO, sagan has been truly awful compared to his normal standards. head doesnt seem to be in it. just seems to lack concentration.

Vermaelen as well. when we needed him to show leadership after RVP left he just seems to have regressed. again he looks like his mind is elsewhere.

Xhaka Can’t
10-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I hate to play the scapegoating game, but it has to be Sagna. I regularly get the impression that he just does not give a shit.

Özil's Panoramic View
10-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Diaby. This crock should be taken out back and dusted. Wenget placed immeasurable faith in him and it has cost us dearly. This as the position he was expected to assume is a crucial one and there was no credible plan B.

Oh, also Arteta. :haha: What really is his purpose in our team?

JonasTC
10-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I would say Sagna and Vermaelen, guess i have to say Diaby aswell cuz he was awesome in the beginning of the season, then he became injured and shit :(

GP
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
I'd also have so say Sagan. I can't really say I'm disappointed in Diaby because we've got exactly what I expected from him.

Niall_Quinn
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Arshavin. He's an utter disgrace. Sagna, Diaby and the rest are all shite, no argument there, but at least they occasionally turn up and are fit enough to run 10 yards. Arshavin still takes the money doesn't he?

The Emirates Gallactico
10-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Vermaelen.

He was given the captaincy, something I though he would relish and use to cement him position as the leader of the team however not only has he shown zero leadership abilities, his form has suffered. Now he's not even in the first team, a far drop from a few seasons ago when he looked top class.

Other disappointments:
- Ox
- Jack
- Ramsey
- Sagna

Munchies
10-05-2013, 02:31 PM
^ Ramsey has been one our best players in the past few months imo (He doesn't do anything that well, but does put a shift in)

- Vermaelen , if you want to leave, then fuck off, we don't need you.
- Oxlade
- Podolski, yes he has been played out of position, but I was hoping he'd have a big impact.
- Sagna
- Diaby , that foul by that **** Smith all those years ago have broken him.

Özil's Panoramic View
10-05-2013, 02:38 PM
What exactly has Ramsey done to have best player bestowed upon him? Time you all cut the sentiments. Our best player has been a split between Kos and Mert for quite some time now.

fakeyank
10-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Vermaelen
Szczesny

The Emirates Gallactico
10-05-2013, 02:41 PM
^ Ramsey has been one our best players in the past few months imo (He doesn't do anything that well, but does put a shift in)

Says more about the state of our team atm, tbh.

No but whilst I agree he's been one of our better players recently he hasn't developed as much or to the level we initially foresaw for him.

He looks like he's going to be more of a workhorse, in your face, puts in a shift etc etc type players rather than the sublime quality Scholes/Carrick passing maestro which is what he was built up as when he first arrived. Granted he's far from the biggest problem in the squad and someone worth keeping but I'm still disappointed he hasn't turned out the way he was meant to.

Obviously the **** Shawcross has a lot to do with that.

Niall_Quinn
10-05-2013, 02:42 PM
What exactly has Ramsey done to have best player bestowed upon him? Time you all cut the sentiments. Our best player has been a split between Kos and Mert for quite some time now.

Who's left at Arsenal now that has genuine word class talent whether they are playing well or not? Wilshere, Ramsey. That's about it.

Munchies
10-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Says more about the state of our team atm, tbh.

No but whilst I agree he's been one of our better players recently he hasn't developed as much or to the level we initially foresaw for him.

He looks like he's going to be more of a workhorse, in your face, puts in a shift etc etc type players rather than the sublime quality Scholes/Carrick passing maestro which is what he was built up as when he first arrived. Granted he's far from the biggest problem in the squad and someone worth keeping but I'm still disappointed he hasn't turned out the way he was meant to.

Obviously the **** Shawcross has a lot to do with that.

Yeah I fully agree to what your saying, I was hoping he'd be our next Fabregas sort of player, but yeah, he's a Park (united not our one who is somewhere :lol:) sort of player now

Niall_Quinn
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM
not our one who is somewhere

:haha:

This says so much about the club now. The fans don't even know where half the players are. Is it true Chamack, Denilson, Park and Bendtner are still Arsenal players? If so, well fuck that shit.

Master Splinter
10-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Chamakh's disappeared from West Ham as well.

Power n Glory
10-05-2013, 03:25 PM
I didn't expect much more from this bunch because we all knew what they were capable of. I'm more disappointed by the new signings. It's a bit harsh but I had hopes that they'd push us on to the next level and we'd at least challenge for the title. We're back to the drawing board next summer and still in desperate need of a central midfielder, proper winger and striker after having bought players for those positions already.

WMUG
10-05-2013, 03:30 PM
:haha:

This says so much about the club now. The fans don't even know where half the players are. Is it true Chamack, Denilson, Park and Bendtner are still Arsenal players? If so, well fuck that shit.

Yup. Chamakh's a bench warmer for West Ham, Denilson's at Sao Paulo, Park's at Celta Vigo and Bendtner's at Juventus.
All on our wage bill.

Fuck.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-05-2013, 03:40 PM
bendtner

IBK
10-05-2013, 06:16 PM
In terms of expectations - has to be Podolski. This season's Arshavin, for me. Followed by Sagna - mainly because of his decline.

Cripps_orig
10-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Sagna

The rest did as I expected.

Grebbo
11-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah Sagna has been terrible.

Vermaelen has also had a shocker. Made captain and now can't get a game. Surely no-one saw that coming?

Joker
11-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Quite a few players have disappointed tbh. It may be harsh but IMO the biggest disappointment has been Wilshere, not because he's been our worse player by any means, just that I'd expected more from him this season. His powerful dribbles and energy are great to watch, but his efficiency in the final third still isn't up to scratch, which explains the lack of goals/assists.

Power n Glory
11-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Quite a few players have disappointed tbh. It may be harsh but IMO the biggest disappointment has been Wilshere, not because he's been our worse player by any means, just that I'd expected more from him this season. His powerful dribbles and energy are great to watch, but his efficiency in the final third still isn't up to scratch, which explains the lack of goals/assists.

Our midfield in general has been really disappointing and I didn't expect us to struggle to keep the ball moving with Wilshere, Arteta and Cazorla in the middle. Wilshere's numbers are embarrassing. Only 2 goals and 5 assists. If he kept the midfield ticking and provided a platform for everyone else to flourish then I'd be more forgiving but he hasn't. Cazorla drifts in and out of games too much but he's in double figures with assists and goals at least. No real need to speak about Arteta.

The positives....Ramsey seems to have found his confidence late on in the season and Rosicky has really stepped up again.

Niall_Quinn
11-05-2013, 10:41 AM

Forgot about Wilshere, yep he's total shit. Shirked a lot of games through injury too.

Grebbo
11-05-2013, 01:27 PM
How many games has Wilshere played this season? Can't be many.

He's overrated for sure but you can't judge him on this season.

selassie
12-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Vermaelen. I have never really rated the guy as much as others but he's been truly awful this season, woeful. We will do well to get 15million for him if he's available on the market.

Sagna has been very poor too.