PDA

View Full Version : Calling for opinions: For a magazine article on the 8 professional footballers who have come out as gay.

Christopher Young
18-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi All,

Your moderators have been really kind and are letting me post this here. I'm writing an article for an online magazine called The Good Men Project, about the 8 players who came out as gay to their teammates but aren't going public.

I'm looking to get the opinions of fans on this, so please take a minute or two to answer the seven short questions below. You can email answers anonymously to submissions@bethere.org.uk - so please be as open and honest as you can. I won't save or print any names.

I'm not trying to start arguments about this issue, I just want to hear what everyone thinks.

Please answer as if you were telling someone who knew nothing about the sport (we have a lot of readers in the USA, as well as over here):

A week ago 8 professional footballers came out as gay to their teammates, but have decided not to go public.

1. What kind of problems, if any, would there be if these men went public tomorrow?

2. Would it affect the game, or are they just worried about the media?

3. How would it affect the fans and the clubs?

4. How would you feel if one of these players was transferring to Arsenal?

5. How would you feel if all 8 players already played for Arsenal?

6. If you were playing, would having a gay man on the pitch affect the game at all for you?

7. At matches, do you hear gay terms being used as an insult, and if so, how often?

Please add any other comments you have on the issue.

Thanks!

Please send all answers to submissions@bethere.org.uk

Cripps_orig
18-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Big question is why they think we are so interested in them coming out?

What makes them think they are so important that we have to know about their sex life?

Injury Time
19-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Please answer as if you were telling someone who knew nothing about the sport (we have a lot of readers in the USA, as well as over here):

:haha:

Perhaps part 1 is for real footballists; part2 personally who cares if they are gay; only abuse references "gay" was a young spud fan we took to show him what chumps league football is like (he was abusing the ref), rather ironic as he has two "mums"

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-05-2013, 09:17 AM
has letters come out yet?

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 09:20 AM
has letters come out yet?

Only to the other mods.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-05-2013, 11:21 AM
:lol: gays

kill them all.

Niall_Quinn