Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 04:56 PM
2 things

1 - Spuds :haha:

2 - Koscielny has finally arrived. Brilliant from him

cheesy bites
19-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Kos was an absolute monster today

This was like watching some lower league muppets hang on to upset some PL elite in a cup. But luckily it went our way.

Marc Overmars
19-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Get in!!!

Koscielny was a monster. Firmly established as our first choice CB now, it's just a shame Wenget took so long to drop Vermaelen.

As for the game, well, it was shit as expected. Fucking love pubbing these narrow wins though.

Sperz. :haha:

Better luck next year.

Alpha
19-05-2013, 05:01 PM
What a win ? What a spirit ? What resilience ?
Negative brigade please please spare us with negative comments . Today is a day to just enjoy and celebrate the victory . I couldn't imagine the scums do us this one .
Congratulations to all players for fighting that hard and make the media eat their own words .

Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Links of glory glory

Pics of spuds fan

Both needed

Maestro
phew

Kos & Merts have not lost in 18 consecutive league games they have started together

Kos bossed it, and not for the first time this season ...has saved our arse countless times now.

Jenks is officially better than Sagan now ...fuck off Sagan

we need a trio of new attacking players ...all our forwards were shit and are shit

Edinburgh Gooner
Couldn't give a shit about the performance. Get in! Stick it up those spud wankers!

LDG
Fucking excellent.

Did really well today under that pressure.

Koscielny is awesome.

Spuds :haha:

cheesy bites
19-05-2013, 05:05 PM
GloryGlory:

8 points above Arsenal, yeah let's laugh at them now.

Letters
19-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Links of glory glory

Pics of spuds fan

Both needed
Your best post ever.

Maccy, you know what to do.

hobson's choice
19-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Awful game, but hey, what did I expect. Can't even rejoice in it, seeing how shit we look going forward. And my God Newcastle, jesus lord, that's a first division team.

cheesy bites
19-05-2013, 05:07 PM
GloryGlory:

3 times they've trumped us on the last game of the season. Sickening now

GP
19-05-2013, 05:08 PM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/mattlamb1982/CL_zpsb7bb6931.jpg

cheesy bites
19-05-2013, 05:08 PM
GloryGlory:

Never felt so sick in my life.

Like I said, it doesn't matter what we do.......

Bye bye Bale, pleasure watching you.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Give Koscielny an OBE. :bow:

Again he is there for our near impossible missions. Nearly the same goal he scored against WBA too.

Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Time for Bale to come home?

milla
19-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Time for Bale to come home?

He ain't going to Cardiff mate. :coffee:

Marc Overmars
19-05-2013, 05:13 PM
I hope we manage to take this incredible nack of seeing out narrow wins into the new season. It's not good for the heart but it's a very effective trait to have tbf.

Just need to add a bit of quality in attack now, because our forwards are little bit shit.

Özil's Panoramic View
19-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Awesome victory, regardless of the shit we were served.

Kos. :bow:

Really dreading now that he'll be poached this summer.

The scum :haha:

Their biggest points haul ever and still we finish above them despite having a shit season. What a pathetic bunch of swamp dwellers.

One trick pony Bale should well and truly be off now to Marketing.

fakeyank
19-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Scums :haha:

http://cosmicbuddha.com/wp-content/uploads/ROFLCOpter.gif

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 05:16 PM
We are so shit it's unbelievable. And we beat the spuds :haha:

Munchies
19-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Can't wait for the Arsenalfan interviews, should be entertaining

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Just thank fuck for that Kos goal.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Spuds doing a loser lap.

Marc Overmars
19-05-2013, 05:19 PM
It's shame we couldn't do it with a game to spare, would have liked a guard of honour for our prestigious achievement. :(

Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 05:20 PM
When's the bus parade?

Özil's Panoramic View
19-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Re: We blew it!
The first time ever that 72 points hasn't secured a top 4 spot in Premier League history.
We really blew it, yeah right.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/member.php?214-Yossarian

:haha:

Munchies
19-05-2013, 05:22 PM
When's the bus parade?

Press Conference about it at 7

Letters
It's shame we couldn't do it with a game to spare, would have liked a guard of honour for our prestigious achievement. :(
I'm looking forward to the open top bus parade tbh.

Niall_Quinn
Utd. Fergie. :haha:

Old news.

Dennis Bendtner
Daniel Levy's face when the news broke :haha:

Another year :console:

Letters
When's the bus parade?

Balls <_<

Ollie the Optimist
AND SO WE SAID

TOTTENHAM MIND THE GAP, TOTTENHAM TOTTENHAM MIND THE GAP

they celebrated as if they won the league when they beat us, and now they are back in our shadow

7 POINTS AND YOU FUCKED IT UP

Joker
Now that we've qualified for the UCL again, can we please actually invest in the squad properly this summer? Because it was a close run thing this season, and if we rest on our laurels and bang about how Wilshere will be like a new signing next season, we may finally drop out of the top 4. Let's actually aim higher and try to challenge the likes of Utd, Chelsea and City. If we still fail to win the Premiership, fair enough, at least we would have given it a go.

Also, we should try and take the domestic cups seriously. A trophy may galvanise the squad and can be the start of greater things to come.

GP
19-05-2013, 05:23 PM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/mattlamb1982/yoss_zps42489293.jpg

:sarcy:

Globalgunner
We were here last season, same shit, holding on to qualify for the Cl and beat those harping hens down the coop lane. Will we be back here again next season?

Cripps_orig
Now that we've qualified for the UCL again, can we please actually invest in the squad properly this summer? Because it was a close run thing this season, and if we rest on our laurels and bang about how Wilshere will be like a new signing next season, we may finally drop out of the top 4. Let's actually aim higher and try to challenge the likes of Utd, Chelsea and City. If we still fail to win the Premiership, fair enough, at least we would have given it a go.

Also, we should try and take the domestic cups seriously. A trophy may galvanise the squad and can be the start of greater things to come.This

BOBN
19-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Get in!!!

Koscielny was a monster. Firmly established as our first choice CB now, it's just a shame Wenget took so long to drop Vermaelen.

Its worrying. Single biggest sign Wenger could be losing it tbh.

Players over-celebrated at the end tbf. 4th is no achievement.

Master Splinter
Koscielny :bow:.

What a god.

WUMger to drop him in the first game of next season?

BFG and Koscielny have done an excellent job up front as well as the back.

Get even one classy striker and it will make such a difference. The winger/midfielder/defender can than follow.

The midfield and forwards were extremely poor, especially Cazorla. Ramsey at least defended well at times.

Sagna better be sold to PSG or else WengBOT will continue to play him.

Special mention for Giroud, who held the ball up when he came on, set up Walcott and also put in a great tackle. As we're now a pub team extraordinaire, Bif's hard work is essential. Kos and Bif :bow:. Tours legends.

Fourth place trophy :bow:.

Downward spirals :bow:.

Niall_Quinn

Also, we should try and take the domestic cups seriously. A trophy may galvanise the squad and can be the start of greater things to come.

Sell Kos and buy a top, top, top, top injured player from the French lower leagues. It's on!

Letters
19-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Koscielny :bow:.

What a god.

WUMger to drop him in the first game of next season?

Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Yaya will save us

McNamara That Ghost...
How are they over celebrating when the manager publically considers it an achievement? Anyway, it's not as though the Spuds would have kept their emotions in had they done it.

Joker
Sell Kos and buy a top, top, top, top injured player from the French lower leagues. It's on!

Koscielny has been brilliant for most of this season and to be fair to Wenger it has turned out to be a good signing. I reckon we need at least 4 more players to be competitive next season. Sell the deadwood (Squillaci, Denilson, Bendtner, Chamakh etc) and sign players who are good enough to come in and immediately make an impact.

Munchies
19-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Neville saying we're bigger than spurs

Neville :bow:

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Koscielny has been brilliant for most of this season and to be fair to Wenger it has turned out to be a good signing. I reckon we need at least 4 more players to be competitive next season. Sell the deadwood (Squillaci, Denilson, Bendtner, Chamakh etc) and sign players who are good enough to come in and immediately make an impact.

Yaya is in the bag ( body bag )

Letters
19-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Neville saying we're bigger than spurs

Neville :bow:

Said some nice things about Wenger too.
Wenger :bow:

GP
19-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Neville understands the impact the stadium has made. Some good comments from him.

Ollie the Optimist
19-05-2013, 05:30 PM
we will be champions this time next year

laugh all you want, if we won today i said we would be. we will be champions

Injury Time
19-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Lolz, work tomorrow not looking so bad :lol:

Letters
19-05-2013, 05:31 PM

laugh all you want

Marc Overmars
19-05-2013, 05:32 PM

:lol:

Ollie. :bow:

What a mentalist.

Letters
Neville understands the impact the stadium has made. Some good comments from him.
Yeah. I like Neville as a pundit.

What we do need to do though is start spending some 'king money.
This squad + a couple of marquee signings would push the top 2 much harder.

Niall_Quinn

4th place champions :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...

It's on!

Cripps_orig

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Is it too soon to start speculating on a Henry loan deal?

Munchies
19-05-2013, 05:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIyMiMrEJJA

LDG
19-05-2013, 05:36 PM

It's in our hands, tbf.

And we're 1st already.

We just need to stay clear of Villa who are on our tails.

hobson's choice
19-05-2013, 05:36 PM
For the first time in years, no one really wants any of our players, so expect the same next year.

We better hope Liverpool don't get better

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 05:37 PM
We just have to hope aldershot don't get a sugar daddy

Letters
19-05-2013, 05:38 PM
It's in our hands, tbf.

And we're 1st already.

We just need to stay clear of Villa who are on our tails.

Just hope Aardvark City don't win the Championship play-off :pray:

Letters
19-05-2013, 05:38 PM
We just have to hope aldershot don't get a sugar daddy
:lol: Stop that! <_<

Ollie the Optimist
19-05-2013, 05:39 PM
didnt avb say after they beat us that they were in an upward spiwarl and we were in a downwards spirwarl?

hahah 7 POINTS AND YOU FUCKED IT UP

McNamara That Ghost...
19-05-2013, 05:40 PM
upwards and downwards spirwarl. :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
19-05-2013, 05:41 PM
upwards and downwards spirwarl. :bow:

little bit drunk

LDG
19-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Spirwarls :bow:

cheesy bites
19-05-2013, 05:42 PM
If Spurs lose Bale, anyone think they'll run it this close to 4th place again?

Özil's Panoramic View
19-05-2013, 05:43 PM
AVB's geometry. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 05:43 PM

No, but they might get relegated seeing as they'll have no players.

GP
19-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Awesome aerial shot of North London this evening...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKpM6ajCEAI2UD5.jpg

:bow:

Dennis Bendtner
19-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Spurs players didn't realise until Bale scored that our game wasn't actually level :lol:

Spurs fans trolling their own players :bow:

hobson's choice
19-05-2013, 05:55 PM

They are not losing Bale, not this summer, at least. Where is he gonna go, and who can afford him, Yeah Madrid, but unless Cristiano moves, he's not going there.

Munchies
19-05-2013, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyM3Krqk5o

In case you missed it.

Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Arsčne Wenger spoke to the media after Laurent Koscielny's second-half goal ensured that Arsenal finished the season in the top four.

on feeling happy and relieved…
Yes I am. We knew before the game that we had to win and any other result could kick us out of the potential Champions League group stage. We were right because Tottenham and Chelsea won and we had the big disadvantage to play away from home. I'm happy as well because the exceptional attitude and determination of this group of players has been rewarded. They continued to believe when we were seven points behind Tottenham in mid-March. [They knew] that we had no room for error anymore and you could never see any sign of giving in. That's why the exceptional mental attitude of the players has been rewarded. Today it was a bit of a game against the nerves [as well as] against Newcastle and I felt that sometimes the nerves player as big a part as Newcastle. We were in control. They had an initial chance with Cisse. After that, in the second half I don't think they had a chance. We were in control but couldn't kill the game off. That's why it was nervy until the end.

on if the players have repaid his belief…
Yes. At least they're rewarded. I've had many groups in my life and this is one who has been absolutely outstanding on that front. They've shown a combination of quality but attitude as well. In the modern day, I always admire the way they behaved and their focus every day in training. Sometimes as a manager you feel as well that when a group is so dedicated and face so many storms. We had some big lows with Bradford, with Blackburn and with Bayern at home. You could never see that the players could dismantle or that the group was not united. That's not easy in the modern game.

on if the team have conquered a mental hurdle…
In the last three months, I believe we have been remarkably consistent. We won every away game so it's a good springboard for next season, to transfer that belief into the start of next season. That means we need stability and to strengthen our group if possible. There are many clubs out there with a lot of money so the competition is very hard. There's not as much talent as money today in football.

on what qualifying for the Champions League means for Arsenal…
It means for us to be capable to play with the top teams in Europe. That's what you want. It means as well that it's easier to bring in players when you have a chance to be in the Champions League. Let's not forget we are not in yet. We have to qualify and that's always a very tricky round for us. But at least we have the chance.

on if the team will be competitive next season…
Since February 1, we have taken more points than anybody else in the league. I don't believe that's just down to coincidence, just to the fact that the group has grown. This team has grown throughout the season. We lacked belief for a long period because we couldn't win a big game. The Bayern game changed our season away from home.

wengers reaction

GP
19-05-2013, 06:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKpdSvkCcAA2x2D.jpg

Marc Overmars
19-05-2013, 06:29 PM
I think they actually believe they've won a trophy.

Munchies
19-05-2013, 06:32 PM

Kano
19-05-2013, 06:32 PM
skinny little santi lol

Joker
19-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Looks a bit of an over the top celebration. Wenger must have really instilled in them that 4th place is actually a trophy.

Özil's Panoramic View
19-05-2013, 06:37 PM
The Ox is a bit of a sexy beast, isn't he?

Damn, I need to hit the gym.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Looks a bit of an over the top celebration. Wenger must have really instilled in them that 4th place is actually a trophy.

No. . .I think they are as giddy as any true fan is about putting on over the scum who year in year out think theyare better than us. . .but no doubt you will defend yourself by saying 'everyone is entitled to their opinion'

Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Dear god that is embarrassing.

Joker
19-05-2013, 06:52 PM
No. . .I think they are as giddy as any true fan is about putting on over the scum who year in year out think theyare better than us. . .but no doubt you will defend yourself by saying 'everyone is entitled to their opinion'

Yes we finished above the spuds but even considering that, I don't think the celebrations are warranted tbh. It's been a poor season that has been salvaged somewhat at the end. It's this "4th place trophy" mentality that needs to be eradicated.

Munchies
19-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Pre-Match fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzXcrPOYkIk

These sort of vids always make me :lol:

LDG
19-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Yes we finished above the spuds but even considering that, I don't think the celebrations are warranted tbh. It's been a poor season that has been salvaged somewhat at the end. It's this "4th place trophy" mentality that needs to be eradicated.

Did you celebrate?

Japan Shaking All Over
19-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Did you celebrate?

Dont hold your breath!

Dennis Bendtner
19-05-2013, 07:00 PM

They aren't just going to shake hands, jump on the coach and sit in silence. They've won a big game. The on-pitch stuff was acknowledging the fans. It's pretty much ridiculous that any fan would make an issue out of it given that any 'negative' body language would be interpreted as that player getting ready to leave. Anyway, that happens in dressing rooms up and down when big games are won so not sure what else to say. We won. Get in.

IBK
19-05-2013, 07:09 PM

Maybe a little OTT but to me it shows camraderie - a bit like when teams actually win something. After losing RVP I think that the way we approached the season's end is encouraging, and the team looks like its enjoying proving the majority of punters during the season wrong. Happy enough to see it.

Munchies
19-05-2013, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IjfyvR2IZEg

In Case you missed it. spot on .

Marc Overmars
19-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Look at the size of Kos' balls. :bow:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKpoIJnCUAEVXCY.jpg:large

Dennis Bendtner
19-05-2013, 07:54 PM
It's still odd how we got away with Oxlade-Chamberlain in the Pirlo role today.

Munchies
19-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Big Sexy :bow:

Gooner23
19-05-2013, 07:56 PM
It's still odd how we got away with Oxlade-Chamberlain in the Pirlo role today.

To be fair he played there last season in that dead rubber against Milan and was excellent. I think he looks good in that position, always looking to get the ball going forward.

Dennis Bendtner
19-05-2013, 08:03 PM
To be fair he played there last season in that dead rubber against Milan and was excellent. I think he looks good in that position, always looking to get the ball going forward.

That time he was further forward in front of two CMs and it was more of a gung-ho tactic. Much of the time today he was the only one in front of the back four. :lol:

Munchies
19-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Just read through some of the match thread again, boy we were shitting bricks ! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iHJtysaADo

Fakeyank :bow:

I felt like that at home, felt great getting 4th , imagine if we get a trophy ? :crying:

GP
19-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Apparently Kos's nickname is Lolo :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
19-05-2013, 08:20 PM
It's happened again
It's happened again
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN

fakeyank
19-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Dont know if this was posted on here but this is great :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xOnBc30qbq4

fakeyank
19-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Szessalfhao was right about Sp*rs! :haha:

AVB :pal:

Özil's Panoramic View
19-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Apparently, Milan celebrated their 3rd place ECL qualifying position in similar fashion to ours today.

Seems Wenger has really pioneered a catchy trend here.

Ollie the Optimist
19-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Dont know if this was posted on here but this is great :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xOnBc30qbq4

Haha just look at the hope on their faces

Mind the gap

JonasTC
19-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Fuck off negative comments!! We're in the top4 again! I love 4th place trophy and i almost love 5th place trophy for spurs even more :D

For once, we have no players other clubs want, so we're actually gonna be stronger next season :D (first time ever?)

BOSScielny <3

Im drunk as fuck celebrating

<3 Arsenal <3

Özil's Panoramic View
19-05-2013, 09:07 PM
"@OfficialVieira: Really pleased that @Arsenal qualified for the Champions League. Congratulations everyone."

Paddy. :bow:

Munchies
19-05-2013, 09:16 PM
"@OfficialVieira: Really pleased that @Arsenal qualified for the Champions League. Congratulations everyone."

Paddy. :bow:

Wtf is he doing at Shitty, we should bring him back ffs

Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 09:18 PM
He's just got a new job there so he won't be leaving anytime soon

Munchies
19-05-2013, 09:21 PM
It's happened again
It's happened again
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN

Haha, funny you should say that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKPOSVXgGw

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-05-2013, 10:03 PM
the way wenger celebrated at the end was the way he used to celebrate when we won the league. was quite sad to see how the mighty had fallen.

also felt quite embarrassed our fans and players celebrated like we won the league at old trafford

apart from that

spurs :haha:

every year we hear shit from them. every year we bundle over the line. one thing is guaranteed, spurs will strengthen this summer and if we continue to piss around in the transfer market next year will be the year they topple us with bale growing in stature.

now we've got 4th can the board and manager please spend some FUCKING MONEY SO WE AVOID HAVING TO GO THROUGH THIS SHIT AGAIN BECAUSE IT ISNT FUCKING FUNNY ANYMORE.

oh and spurs :haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-05-2013, 10:21 PM
just seen motd

steffen freund :haha:

daniel levy's face :haha:

spurs fans celebrating thinking newcastle had equalised :haha:

Özil's Panoramic View
19-05-2013, 10:25 PM
just seen motd

steffen freund :haha:

daniel levy's face :haha:

spurs fans celebrating thinking newcastle had equalised :haha:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKpo0msCUAEosAF.jpg

Alpha
19-05-2013, 11:04 PM
They aren't just going to shake hands, jump on the coach and sit in silence. They've won a big game. The on-pitch stuff was acknowledging the fans. It's pretty much ridiculous that any fan would make an issue out of it given that any 'negative' body language would be interpreted as that player getting ready to leave. Anyway, that happens in dressing rooms up and down when big games are won so not sure what else to say. We won. Get in.

Well said mate . I wonder which team in the world wouldn't have celebrated if they were in their position : Written off by everyone , especially the media , predicted to finish well below the spurs . They have achieved something no one was expecting . Let them enjoy their victory .
Koscieny was tipped to be one of the worst signings but he turned out to be very good . Why not celebrate ?

BOBN
19-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Koscieny was tipped to be one of the worst signings but he turned out to be very good . Why not celebrate ?
Probably by the same characters who are tipping yaya sanogo to be a flop.

You cant be a good player if youre french ive learnt on here, its an interesting theory.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-05-2013, 12:00 AM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5957/bkpommccyaehwoqjpglarge.jpg

Good to see some team spirit. Despite all the negativity about where we've fallen and the chants of "smalltime" from bitter rival fans about us celebrating this, it's quite nice to see the players in good spirits. Give them their moment and enjoy this - what we've managed to achieve over the last 14 or so games has been nothing short of remarkable. That alone is worth celebrating; if only we begun the season like that.

Wenger isn't the perfect manger and has many flaws which have already been delved into extensively but we've always ended up finishing at the very least where we should have with the quality of players we've had available. I mean out of clubs ahead of us, two are artificially there purely because of ridiculous levels of investment from billionaires and the other because they have had one of the greatest mangers in the history of football.

Niall_Quinn
20-05-2013, 12:08 AM
True about Wenger. His prudence and percentages approach to the game delivers at least the bare minimum over 38 matches. Problem is the football, it's so bad it's almost unwatchable. We got spoiled on great football and now it's hard to stomach what is being dished up. The shareholders have had amazing and unparalleled success. The fans have had almost nothing. It's that imbalance that grates. Celebrating 4th would be extremely small time and humiliating, I doubt they are doing that. It's the end of the season, they have CL football next season which means more money and more exposure. It's good for the players. The fans get to beat out a bitter rival, narrowly. So everyone has something to celebrate for different reasons.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Wenger is without a doubt a legend of the highest order; no less for ensuring that an entire generation of adult scum fans don't know what it's like to see their shower of shit finish above us.

It's a remarkable feat, tbh.

Wenger. :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
20-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Guardian Match Report
5.27pm: Meanwhile in the stands, there can be few sights more comical than the crushed looks of disappointment on the faces of the many Spurs fans who have just realised that, contrary to false reports, Newcastle haven't in fact equalised.....

Michael Dawson speaks: "Devastating ... the season we've put in. The work-rate we've put in, the quality we have ... it's devastating. It's really hard to take. We've got 72 points, the highest total the club's ever got and we still miss out on the Champions League ... it's hard to take. It's a hard day. It's not a good day."

He goes on to say that he heard Spurs fans celebrating and assumed Newcastle had done his side a favour, so when Gareth Bale scored he presumed Spurs had secured fourth place. When word filtered down from the stands that reports of Arsenal's demise had been greatly exaggerated, he was and remains totally gutted.

Munchies
20-05-2013, 12:22 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKqKPcmCAAARnyp.jpg:large

When Bale scored :haha:

Özil's Panoramic View
20-05-2013, 12:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKqKPcmCAAARnyp.jpg:large

When Bale scored :haha:

This must be the best St. Totteringham's Day ever.

The fuckwits really did think they had usurped us at long last.

Retarded scum ****s couldn't even get accurate on demand info in the days of all manner of hi-tech gizmo.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Couldn't give a shit about the performance. Get in! Stick it up those spud wankers!

:gp:

Japan Shaking All Over
20-05-2013, 02:25 AM
For the first time in years, no one really wants any of our players, so expect the same next year.

We better hope Liverpool don't get better

There's a couple I can of, they can have. . .

Japan Shaking All Over
20-05-2013, 03:01 AM
the way wenger celebrated at the end was the way he used to celebrate when we won the league. was quite sad to see how the mighty had fallen.

also felt quite embarrassed our fans and players celebrated like we won the league at old trafford

apart from that

every year we hear shit from them. every year we bundle over the line. one thing is guaranteed, spurs will strengthen this summer and if we continue to piss around in the transfer market next year will be the year they topple us with bale growing in stature.

now we've got 4th can the board and manager please spend some FUCKING MONEY SO WE AVOID HAVING TO GO THROUGH THIS SHIT AGAIN BECAUSE IT ISNT FUCKING FUNNY ANYMORE.

I dont think you have to be. . .I think the players know they didnt achieve the goals set but to do it again to Spurs, to hear Dawsons reaction deserves a bit of in your face. . .

I agree though its time to get serious about addressing the squad, this group went 26 out of 30 so there is a base we just eed a bit of icing

WMUG
20-05-2013, 03:56 AM
And so ends the dullest premiership season in my lifetime.

Good fucking riddance.

Glad we got 4th, hopefully Gary Neville's right.

hobson's choice
20-05-2013, 04:33 AM
Well said mate . I wonder which team in the world wouldn't have celebrated if they were in their position : Written off by everyone , especially the media , predicted to finish well below the spurs . They have achieved something no one was expecting . Let them enjoy their victory .

Sounds nice, but just about everything in your is just wrong.

Marc Overmars
20-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Good to see some team spirit. Despite all the negativity about where we've fallen and the chants of "smalltime" from bitter rival fans about us celebrating this, it's quite nice to see the players in good spirits. Give them their moment and enjoy this - what we've managed to achieve over the last 14 or so games has been nothing short of remarkable. That alone is worth celebrating; if only we begun the season like that.

The celebrations are a bit :rolleyes: and a sad indictment on the game, but good for them I say, it's been a very close race with Spurs with both sides hardly dropping points at the end, so if they want to let off some steam there's no problem with that.

It's true you wouldn't catch the sides above us celebrating like this but that's because they are already groups of winners. Until we actually achieve something tangible this is what's going to be viewed as success because the manager declares it so.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-05-2013, 09:12 AM
The celebrations are a bit :rolleyes: and a sad indictment on the game, but good for them I say, it's been a very close race with Spurs with both sides hardly dropping points at the end, so if they want to let off some steam there's no problem with that.

It's true you wouldn't catch the sides above us celebrating like this but that's because they are already groups of winners. Until we actually achieve something tangible this is what's going to be viewed as success because the manager declares it so.

True, that none of the other teams above us would celebrate like that but any of the clubs below us certainly would have.

I know I shouldn't be wasting my time on that cesspit but I was reading through RAWK and they were spouting their usual bitter BS about us being smalltime for celebrating this - that place would have exploded with joy had they pipped their local rivals, Everton for a CL place on the final day of the season after being so far behind. Especially after how dire they've been this season despite spending another bucketload of money. That I can assure you of.

Fact is that we were never ever going to challenge for the league. It would have been debatable enough if we'd kept RVP and Song but it was pretty much a non starter once those two left. Until we start properly investing in the team and we have a squad with sufficient quality, mentality and temperament to challenge for the league, fourth will be best we can hope for and an achievement for this club. Man Utd will always be there and Chelsea and City with their resources at their disposal will always be there.

In any case I don't think it's that sad. Sure it's an indictment of how far we've fallen but as I've alluded to most of on here were already aware of that. Winning the league is not the only thing in football you can celebrate though, there are other prizes for teams not at that level (like us) e.g. Surviving relegation, getting record points hauls, qualifying for prestigious tournaments etc etc. I do agree it would have been pathetic and unnecessary had we've been seriously realistic about challenging for the league and had failed miserably to eventually limp into to fourth, like we did a couple of seasons ago but for most of the season even qualifying for the CL looked like a complete dream.

They may not be the most talented group of players we've ever had but the majority of the team that have seen us through this "title winning" run the past 14 or so games have worked their asses of (apart from those shockers against Spurs and Bayern) during that period and given their all (no matter how limited that may be) to see us home. They deserve credit for that and the opportunity to celebrate it - there's no need for everyone to act so robotically about this. They're humans and they've just pulled of a miraculous feat. Of course they're giddy about it.

Grebbo
20-05-2013, 09:41 AM
I thought Newcastle were crap and we weren't much better but we looked pretty solid. Well done to the team and Wenger.

Kos was immense and I though the Ox did well considering the circumstances.

I'm surprised at the reactions at some of you for the players and fans celebrating 4th tbh. I was jumping around when we won! We finished above Spurs - surely that's cause for celebration? I really don't know what you lot expect of Arsenal, 4th is our level. Do you expect us to finish above Manure, Chelsea and City? If you do then you're in for a lifetime of disappointment. Yes, we should have won a couple of cups of the past 8 years but league position wise I don't think we have under achieved.

Any way, onwards and upwards. Here's to yet another hugely frustrating summer transfer window. At least this year we should keep all of our players that we want to keep - because they're a bit shit and no others want them.

selassie
20-05-2013, 09:55 AM

This, we are firmly a 2nd tier team at the moment, the best of the rest.

Power n Glory
20-05-2013, 10:37 AM
What a nervous performance. We didn’t get going in the first half, Wenger must have whipped them into shape at half time because we came out playing better but once we scored the nerves too over again. The team need to learn how to overcome that and play when the pressure is on. But we secured 4th and got through it. We’ve improved so much defensively. Merts and Kos have been immense. We clawed our way back into the challenge for 4th and it wasn’t a case of Spurs bottling it either. I was hoping they’d drop points just to save our bacon in case it all went Pete Tong.

I think I’ve seen enough of Podolski. As a winger he’s anonymous and it’s the same for him as a striker. Giroud contributes more as a striker and Theo should have scored that goal he set up for him. But I’m intrigued to see what Wenger does next season to get the front 3 working more efficiently. I don’t think Giroud cuts the mustered and will have to sharpen up considerably, Pod has the finishing and his technique isn’t bad but his movement and workrate is terrible, Theo has the speed and movement but isn’t that big so he may struggle with the hold up play. It’s like we have 3 separate parts to a perfect striker and it all needs to be combined for a perfect beast.

But summer should be exciting. I’m not concerned about the price tags. I just want to see which sort of players Wenger is looking at and for which areas.

Alpha
20-05-2013, 12:04 PM

apart from that

Just to remind you this has been said every year , especially by the media and it has never happened . Bale is not the first good player Scums have had . Ginola was a fantastic player and yet Tottenham used to finish miles behind Arsenal . The problem is not to strengthen because we fear Spurs might topple us but because we believe it is now time we mount a serious title challenge .We are just 2 or 3 good players away from it .

Ollie the Optimist
20-05-2013, 12:12 PM
id be pissed off if the team didnt celebrate tbh. everyone has written them off in the media, called them shit, said without rvp we wouldnt do it. and they proved them wrong. of course htey will celebrate. its the media taking on a new line because we pissed them off by beating spurs and ruining their stories for the summer. they so wanted us to fail so they could laugh but we didnt, and they are pissed off that we didnt so are just picking on anything.

also clubs that survive relegation celebrate, why? they didnt win anything. hull celebrated but htey only came second, didnt win the league. its a ridiculous argument

Alpha
20-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Sounds nice, but just about everything in your is just wrong.

???????:blah:

Marc Overmars
20-05-2013, 12:49 PM
also clubs that survive relegation celebrate, why? they didnt win anything. hull celebrated but htey only came second, didnt win the league. its a ridiculous argument

Hull celebrated because they were promoted. :blink:

Ollie the Optimist
20-05-2013, 12:54 PM
also do you really think spurs would have just politely clapped their fans if they ahd got 4th instead of us? they would have gone fucking mental, and the media would have praised them for it. the only reason people are having a go at it is because we fucked up their entire summer of stories laughing at us and praising spurs up

Grebbo
20-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I see AC Milan were celebrating like mad after scraping into the Champs League.

Yes we want better but there's no shame celebrating getting champs lge after the first half of the season we had. And for pipping the Spurs scrotes.

Marc Overmars
20-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I think the criticism of the celebration lies more in how 4th place is considered to be an achievement worthy of that sort of jubilation. Particularly for us because it appears to be the height of our ambition to outsiders.

Niall_Quinn
20-05-2013, 01:15 PM
also do you really think spurs would have just politely clapped their fans if they ahd got 4th instead of us? they would have gone fucking mental, and the media would have praised them for it. the only reason people are having a go at it is because we fucked up their entire summer of stories laughing at us and praising spurs up

Spuds are raising their (pitiful) standards, our standard have bottomed out having crashed from what I consider to be the pinnacle in terms of entertaining football (with trophies attached). As fans we must avoid getting sucked into this 4th place trophy shite. 4th place is not a trophy whatever Wenger says. Okay, congratulations to the team for pubbing so many points at the business end of the season, a round of applause is deserved there (not for the football which was dire, but for the wins and the points). Let's not give the board and the manager the impression we are satisfied with the shite going on at this club, by comparison to the high standards we have seen in the past. Report card is C for results, B for effort. Arsenal used to be a gifted child so that report card is not a disaster but is a long way from acceptable. Bare minimum achieved, bare minimum celebration warranted.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Spuds are raising their (pitiful) standards, our standard have bottomed out having crashed from what I consider to be the pinnacle in terms of entertaining football (with trophies attached). As fans we must avoid getting sucked into this 4th place trophy shite. 4th place is not a trophy whatever Wenger says. Okay, congratulations to the team for pubbing so many points at the business end of the season, a round of applause is deserved there (not for the football which was dire, but for the wins and the points). Let's not give the board and the manager the impression we are satisfied with the shite going on at this club, by comparison to the high standards we have seen in the past. Report card is C for results, B for effort. Arsenal used to be a gifted child so that report card is not a disaster but is a long way from acceptable. Bare minimum achieved, bare minimum celebration warranted.

Eruditely put.

Xhaka Can’t
20-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Eruditely put.

Really?

I thought he put his point across well.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Just to remind you this has been said every year , especially by the media and it has never happened . Bale is not the first good player Scums have had . Ginola was a fantastic player and yet Tottenham used to finish miles behind Arsenal . The problem is not to strengthen because we fear Spurs might topple us but because we believe it is now time we mount a serious title challenge .We are just 2 or 3 good players away from it .

i agree but it's getting tighter every year. eventually the underinvestment will catch up. we're already pretty much on the borderline. if they continue improving the rate they are i.e. breaking their points record, and our squad keeps regressing in terms of quality, they will eventually leap us. and you cant compare ginola's spurs to bale's spurs, this team is a different animal.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-05-2013, 06:52 PM
i agree but it's getting tighter every year. eventually the underinvestment will catch up. we're already pretty much on the borderline. if they continue improving the rate they are i.e. breaking their points record, and our squad keeps regressing in terms of quality, they will eventually leap us. and you cant compare ginola's spurs to bale's spurs, this team is a different animal.

I think everyone agrees with that.

We can't keep playing with fire and expect not to eventually get burnt. Eventually one day Spurs won't bottle it or we won't be able to string together an epic set of results to catch them up. Just have a look at Wigan this season - Wenger needs to take us to the next step now.

Kano
20-05-2013, 08:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oLuzvF9.jpg

BOSSCIELNY

Munchies
20-05-2013, 08:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWexOhZk9w

Our fans are fucking great !! :haha:

Nayan
20-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Its worrying. Single biggest sign Wenger could be losing it tbh.

Players over-celebrated at the end tbf. 4th is no achievement.

cheer up.
plus their contracts mean they get paid more if we finish 4th better so they have every right to celebrate

Nayan
20-05-2013, 09:21 PM

BOBN when I said 'cheer up' I didnt mean by as much as this ^^^