28-05-2013, 10:30 AM
In 4th it's:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/player-of-the-season-4th-arteta

Super Mik :bow:

He's been superb.

Artekkers :bow:

Joker
28-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Don't think he's been "superb", mainly decent but given the quality of performances from some of the other players he probably deserves to be 4th. Still think we need an upgrade on players like Arteta if we want to be serious about challenging for any trophies next season.

Marc Overmars
28-05-2013, 10:42 AM
A pretty low key award for player of the season this year I would have thought.

LDG
28-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Cazorla will obviously come first. Probably Theo next, then Kos?

My order would be different, but I guess that's how the kids of today see things.

GP
28-05-2013, 11:03 AM
fwiw, Kos is my player of the season.

Joker
28-05-2013, 11:05 AM
IMO it should be 3/Theo 2/Koscielny and 1/Cazorla. Koscielny would have won it if it had not been for his poor early season form.

Power n Glory
28-05-2013, 11:41 AM
My top 4 pick would be Merts, Kos, Theo and Cazorla. Merts gets overlooked by too many on here because of his size and pace but he’s cemented his position as a first team starter in no time. He’s been pretty solid and has only had a few blips in form but overall he’s been solid. An intelligent defender and much like Arteta, he’s had to make up for his limitations by making smart decisions and good positioning. A commander at the back that helps keep the shape to the backline. I should get a mention because we’d never have achieved 4th with a Kos and Verm combo.

Theo has had a record breaking season for us and we’d have been sunk without his goals and assists. We still need more from him but can’t be too harsh on that record. 21 goals and 17 assists. 14 goals and 13 assist in the Prem. Like Cazorla, he played in patches and couldn’t influence a game for 90 solid minutes but he delivered.

Cazorla had a very solid first season but as said with Theo, he had plenty of games where he went missing when we really needed him. But you can’t argue with 12 goals and 16 assists for a debut season. He’ll continue to get better if he keeps the hard work going.

Either one of these players would be worthy of player of the season.

Xhaka Can’t
28-05-2013, 12:15 PM
There isn't a 3rd, 2nd or 1st is there? Fourth is as good as it gets :trophy:

Beat me to it.

Xhaka Can’t
28-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry, I really want to avoid picking up on snippets of people's posts, but I just can't get past the words, 'Theo' and 'record breaking'.

I just can't.

Marc Overmars
28-05-2013, 12:35 PM
It's record breaking in the same way someone can break their record for most amount times they go for a shit in one day.

Ollie the Optimist
28-05-2013, 12:42 PM
i wouldnt have theo in the top four myself, went missing far to often.

for me, it is in first to last order, merts, cazorla, kos, arteta.

Joker
28-05-2013, 12:47 PM
You wouldn't have someone who scored 21 goals and 17 assists in 43 appearances (almost a goal or assist every game)? Every single player went missing this season, some far more often than Walcott. Koscielny was poor for the first 3 months of the season, Cazorla didn't have the best second half of the season while Arteta never really produced really outstanding performances. I don't think Walcott was the best player for us this season, tbh not even the 2nd best, but to not include him in the top 4 is difficult to understand.

Power n Glory
28-05-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry, I really want to avoid picking up on snippets of people's posts, but I just can't get past the words, 'Theo' and 'record breaking'.

I just can't.

It's been discussed before but it's a fact that can't really be avoided. No other winger under Wenger has scored that many goals in a season for us. Although the stats are good and if any other player had those sort of numbers, they'd get the votes for Player of the Season. But Theo is too unpolished and still needs to work on his game.

Seymour Butts
28-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Would be a toss up between Merts and Kos for me. Whilst I appreciate Merts has the turning speed of an oil tanker and the grace of Giraffe, he has been very solid this season and makes up for his limitations with good positional sense and timing. Had a good season in my opinion! You dont win that amount of caps for germany if you are a shit defender

Kos has been fantastic and I really dont understand why he was dropped at start of season as he was fantastic for us last year. It clearly affected his confidence and suffered a few blips early on. After that he has been a rock

Xhaka Can’t
28-05-2013, 07:48 PM
When it came down to the business end of the season, it was the defence that dug us out of a hole.

1. Kos

2. Merts

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Arteta has been useless....

top 4 players of the season

4 - Gibbs
3 - Walcott
2 - Cazorla
1 - Koscielny

Power n Glory
28-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Gibbs has had a good season.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-05-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry to be reactionary but if anyone mentions Aaron Ramsey, i will find you by your IP Address and i will burn down your house!......with any luck that travesty will be sold off to Cardiff in the summer.

JonasTC
28-05-2013, 08:42 PM
1. Cazorla
2. Kos
3. Theo
4. Im not really sure - Som people have surprised me and could come in at 4th (gibbs, ramsey, merts, etc) and a guy like podolski who i tought would be a top3 guy before the season, still did a pretty decent job and could have had 4th in lack of better players :p

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 08:49 PM
fwiw, Kos is my player of the season.
I'm guessing you only watched the last 10 games of the season then? He was utter shite coming back from injury...awful. Player of the 'season' (not 10 games) is Cazorla by a mile. No one near him. Consistently brilliant throughout...never hid, always looked to create, had a few goals, more assists and all round hard worker. Great signing.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm sorry to be reactionary but if anyone mentions Aaron Ramsey, i will find you by your IP Address and i will burn down your house!......with any luck that travesty will be sold off to Cardiff in the summer.
Aaron Ramsey showed glimpses of getting back to his pre-leg break form...looked every bit a very decent player before Shawcross shawcrossed him. People like you need to get off his back...he's an intelligent player and if he stays injury free - he might just prove a few people wrong next season. Including you.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Beat me to it.
1. Cazorla
2. Mertesacker
3. Walcott
4. Giroud/Arteta

Cripps_orig
28-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Theo
Cazorla
Mert
Gibbs

Arteta :haha:

Kos :lol:

Excellent in the last 10 games but its a season award and he was a bit shit before it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Anything is possible.....i might become a turner prize winning artist....i think that's more likely than Ramsey doing anything to prove he's anything other than incompitent.
You can't put what isn't there....i've heard this water carrying nonsense bandied about loads....now this is ridiculous thing to say about a player who cannot hold onto the ball, cannot tackle, is forever being dispossessed and cannot track back....the only positive thing he has brought to the team is that the defence don't push up so much when he is playing because they know when that retard is playing in front of them they are going to be exposed.
By his low standards he has a good game if he manages to get through 90 minutes without managing to f**k up everything he touches, which normally he does with aplomb....from being unable to complete a simple pass despite being under no pressure, his lack of decisiveness on the ball, the fact that you know an attacking move will invariably break down every time he has the ball. The fact that we managed to win eight out of the last ten league games is not because of Ramsey it's in spite of him....you see when Wilshere plays he won't pass to Ramsey because he knows he is an utter liability.
I find it difficult to watch Arsenal play with any pleasure these days because i know he plays in central midfield....ready to drag us down with him. I don't know him personally but i hate him, i hate him because he must look at himself in the mirror every day laughing that he is getting away with fraudulently claiming to be a footballer.
Ian Selley and Steve Morrow are Iniesta and Xavi compared to this welsh joke!.

Cripps_orig
28-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm guessing you only watched the last 10 games of the season then? He was utter shite coming back from injury...awful. Player of the 'season' (not 10 games) is Cazorla by a mile. No one near him. Consistently brilliant throughout...never hid, always looked to create, had a few goals, more assists and all round hard worker. Great signing.
Spot on about Kos. Wrong about Cazorla. He had plenty of games be disappeared in when we needed him to stand up and be counted.

A decent first season nontheless and will rightfully take 2nd place in this

Cripps_orig
28-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Aaron Ramsey showed glimpses of getting back to his pre-leg break form...looked every bit a very decent player before Shawcross shawcrossed him. People like you need to get off his back...he's an intelligent player and if he stays injury free - he might just prove a few people wrong next season. Including you.

Ramsey was shit before his leg break...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Koscielny is player of the season because he single handedly dragged us over the line to 4th place in those last ten games, it's not Cazorla's fault that he went missing in so many games....it's the fact that he sporadically contracted Wengeritis.
If Wenger can play a player out of position he will!....he got sacked from being a pre-school teacher because he taught the kids that they could put the square peg in the round hole if they wanted to.

GP
28-05-2013, 09:13 PM

10 games? :lol:

Cripps_orig
28-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Koscielny is player of the season because he single handedly dragged us over the line to 4th place in those last ten games, it's not Cazorla's fault that he went missing in so many games....it's the fact that he sporadically contracted Wengeritis.
If Wenger can play a player out of position he will!....he got sacked from being a pre-school teacher because he taught the kids that they could put the square peg in the round hole if they wanted to.wouldn't that make him the player of the last 10 games?

It's clear to all who have a brain he was a little awesome during those 10 but shit before that. I wouldn't give it to him.

He'll be in the top 4 no doubt cos as you can can clearly see, arsenal fans aren't the brightest and his awesomeness is fresh in our memories and him being shit is glossed over.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Koscielny is player of the season because he single handedly dragged us over the line
Nope, He did what a footballer is paid to do, perform well...no single handedly about it...he's no Henry...he could single handedly do things - no one since. Scored an important goal, defended well towards the end of the season when he regained some confidence and won his place back. tis all.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 09:24 PM
10 games? :lol:

9 games, I'm sorry.

GP
28-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry.

Just don't let it happen again.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Ramsey was shit before his leg break...

He was looking like a real player literally just before...I was really impressed...and just hoping he can begin to do that again.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Nope, He did what a footballer is paid to do, perform well...no single handedly about it...he's no Henry...he could single handedly do things - no one since. Scored an important goal, defended well towards the end of the season when he regained some confidence and won his place back. tis all.

No he single handedly won us games because of the disgraceful ineptitude of every other player on the pitch especially in the last three away games.
Against Man United - the comical display of Sagna, Rosicky and Ramsey should have seen us handsomely lose that game, but a mixture of his stout, resolute, imperious display and poor united crossing saw to it that we got a draw when we should have lost despite that false dawn opening 25 minutes.
People go on about the team performance and how we showed resolve during those last ten games, nonsense....last five games of the season especially we were apalling and arguably could and maybe should have lost all five games....but one player and one player alone kept us in those games.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-05-2013, 09:35 PM
He was looking like a real player literally just before...I was really impressed...and just hoping he can begin to do that again.

I'm hoping that Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis appear in my bedroom to perform a reenactment of a scene from Black Swan right in front of me.....it's not going to happen though. Plus i think your looking at Ramsey pre-injury with a kind of nostaligic idealism, he was never going to be anything better than a half decent squad player...and now he's the reason why i find watching Arsenal unbearable at times.

Cripps_orig
28-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Mert :bow:

Marc Overmars
28-05-2013, 09:37 PM

If you don't think Kos is in the top 4 on merit alone, then he surely has to be if only for the dearth of stand out, consistent performers this season.

I feel like with the exception of Theo and Cazorla, everyone else we are clutching at straws for, and even they would only play well in small handfuls of games at a time.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 09:39 PM
No he single handedly won us games because of the disgraceful ineptitude of every other player on the pitch especially in the last three away games.
Against Man United - the comical display of Sagna, Rosicky and Ramsey should have seen us handsomely lose that game, but a mixture of his stout, resolute, imperious display and poor united crossing saw to it that we got a draw when we should have lost despite that false dawn opening 25 minutes.
People go on about the team performance and how we showed resolve during those last ten games, nonsense....last five games of the season especially we were apalling and arguably could and maybe should have lost all five games....but one player and one player alone kept us in those games.
Of the 25 appearances he made, we failed to win 9 of those games - he also got himself sent off and scored a total of 2 goals...a season is a season - not just the end of the season.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Of the 25 appearances he made, we failed to win 9 of those games - he also got himself sent off and scored a total of 2 goals...a season is a season - not just the end of the season.

I disagree, i think this season was the last ten games...the rest of the season was more or less a complete joke. Personally i'd have given Koscielny player of the season for his performance against Bayern Munich on it's own....because no-one has been that ever present in the heart of our defence since adams and bould were the centre-back pairing. Plus i didn't know it was a defender's job to score goals...Mertesacker scored three goals would you then suggest he was more pivotal to us finishing 4th than Koscielny?.
When we are in mid-march looking like winning enough points to finish above liverpool and everton seems beyond us, and frankly in the last four-five games of the season when more or less every single other player is just making up the numbers and he is the only player to play well and stop us from conceding goals than that influence far outstrips anything any other player has done throughout the course of the season even if it's only for the final 10 games of the season.

Xhaka Can’t
28-05-2013, 10:10 PM
.he's no Henry...

Well that sure has put all those people comparing him to Henry in their place.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I disagree, i think this season was the last ten games...the rest of the season was more or less a complete joke. Personally i'd have given Koscielny player of the season for his performance against Bayern Munich on it's own....because no-one has been that ever present in the heart of our defence since adams and bould were the centre-back pairing. Plus i didn't know it was a defender's job to score goals...Mertesacker scored three goals would you then suggest he was more pivotal to us finishing 4th than Koscielny?.
When we are in mid-march looking like winning enough points to finish above liverpool and everton seems beyond us, and frankly in the last four-five games of the season when more or less every single other player is just making up the numbers and he is the only player to play well and stop us from conceding goals than that influence far outstrips anything any other player has done throughout the course of the season even if it's only for the final 10 games of the season.
You are only accounting for the points he gained us at the end...it could be argued he 'broke even' with the points he lost us at the beginning if you are going down that route. There's no doubt he was mighty in those last games for us - but he didn't have quite the influence of Bale for spuds - who I would argue single-handedly got them to finish 5th...they really are nothing without him...just as we struggled without an inform Henry...haven't seen many other players single-handedly do things in the prem. In an average Arsenal team - Cazorla stood out, in the defence...we went to pot without Mertesacker...and Theo scored some very important goals. None of them managed to wow EVERY game - but throughout the season they would be my top 3.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 10:13 PM

It was in response to a player doing things 'single-handedly'
No point taking things out of context and trying to be funny.

GP
28-05-2013, 10:14 PM

:haha:

Xhaka Can’t
28-05-2013, 10:14 PM
It was in response to a player doing things 'single-handedly'
No point taking things out of context and trying to be funny.

Yeah, I'd be better off not trying.

Like yourself.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I'd be better off not trying.

Like yourself.

Wow you guys are a miserable bunch this evening. Enjoy the rest of your night together. :sleep:

Özil's Panoramic View
28-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Arteta. :haha:

If mediocrity is our highest ambition, then fair enough punt.

And :haha: for the inevitable Ramsey shoe in.

What a pain and strain on the eyes that non-footballer is. Spent the season fucking up our plays.

Really though, for the 1st time under AW we have no actual world class player. Hence, it's hard coming up with a clear cut player of the season. The decent few spent a lot of time being little bit shit and only shone in patches. So here goes:

Cazorla.

Kos.

Feo.

BFG.

BOBN
29-05-2013, 12:57 AM
because no-one has been that ever present in the heart of our defence since adams and bould were the centre-back pairing.
Lets be honest, Campbell was better than Adams and Bould put together.

A world player verses two club players.

Lets not talk about the run around these two got in Europe.

Marc Overmars
29-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Theo 3rd

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/player-of-the-season-3rd-walcott

Chimpzola and Kos 1 & 2 probably.

GP
29-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Hard to argue with that.

cricketsi
29-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Hard to argue with that.

Well, probably not hard to argue, but hard to argue and be right maybe.

fakeyank
29-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Kos
Cazorla
Mert
Theo
Giroud

GP
29-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Well, probably not hard to argue, but hard to argue and be right maybe.

When has being right ever been important on here?

cricketsi
29-05-2013, 05:26 PM
When has being right ever been important on here?

Exactly, hence you could definitely argue it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Lets be honest, Campbell was better than Adams and Bould put together.

A world player verses two club players.

Lets not talk about the run around these two got in Europe.

let's be fair adams and boulds were both well into their thirties by the time our european adventures began bould in his mid-late thirties. But neither of them would have gone missing against West Ham because their boyfriends had threatened to out them to the press.

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Kos is 2nd.

Kos :bow:

Niall_Quinn
30-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Slightly less shit-arse player to infuriate us with hot and cold performances that were nowhere worth the cash shelled out award goes to Cazorla for me, at least he has talent. Although if just judged on minutes played I suppose it's Jenkinson or maybe Fabianski. Don't know what it's actually judged on though, can't be consistency of course. We have stunk up the place this season.

LDG
30-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Kos is 2nd.

:gp:

BOBN
30-05-2013, 01:08 PM
let's be fair adams and boulds were both well into their thirties by the time our european adventures began bould in his mid-late thirties. But neither of them would have gone missing against West Ham because their boyfriends had threatened to out them to the press.
Lets be honest, Adams was an alcoholic. Nevermind West Ham, he went missing from responsible adulthood.

Campbell, Keown, Koselny. Top 3 Arsenal centre backs in the premiership era.

Niall_Quinn
30-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Lets be honest, Adams was an alcoholic. Nevermind West Ham, he went missing from responsible adulthood.

Campbell, Keown, Koselny. Top 3 Arsenal centre backs in the premiership era.

If we're looking beyond ability on the pitch then consider Campbell was a guy who sold out the spuds in the most unbearable fashion, Keown had a gap period and as for Koscielny, too recent to make any comparisons yet. But in terms of being Arsenal through and through with zero deviation and also being a key component in one of the most effective defensive units in British football history then there's only one Tony Adams. Not a naturally gifted player but a born leader and a genuine club legend. He was at the heart of a glowing period for the club. There may not be (m)any more legends or golden eras given the state of the modern game. His goal against Everton? An Arsenal landmark.

And he did it drunk :lol:

milla
30-05-2013, 05:12 PM
If we're looking beyond ability on the pitch then consider Campbell was a guy who sold out the spuds in the most unbearable fashion, Keown had a gap period and as for Koscielny, too recent to make any comparisons yet. But in terms of being Arsenal through and through with zero deviation and also being a key component in one of the most effective defensive units in British football history then there's only one Tony Adams. Not a naturally gifted player but a born leader and a genuine club legend. He was at the heart of a glowing period for the club. There may not be (m)any more legends or golden eras given the state of the modern game. His goal against Everton? An Arsenal landmark.

And he did it drunk :lol:

Apparently he can't aim straight when he is sober. :coffee:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Apparently he can't aim straight when he is sober. :coffee:

I did read his book "Addicted" a few years ago, although he was a great and inspirational captain i think he comes across as a frightened child in many ways. In the dressing room after that Everton match, Adams almost went for Stephen Hughes because Hughes got over excited and sprayed a load of complimentary carling onto Adams (Carling Premiership as it was back then) and Adams had by that time been on the wagon for almost two years.

GP
30-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Stephen Hughes :haha:

Cripps_orig
30-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Kos :haha:

10 good games and he gets 2nd just tells us what a shocking season this was

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-05-2013, 10:06 PM
kos in top 3 arsenal centre backs in premiership era :haha:

lunatic.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah that made me laugh as well

Power n Glory
31-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Kos :haha:

10 good games and he gets 2nd just tells us what a shocking season this was

Merts isn't popular but he should have been in the top 4.

Xhaka Can’t
31-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Agreed.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Cazorla wins. :bow: