PDA

View Full Version : Return of Cesc

Japan Shaking All Over
03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
This story has been taking up a lot of space on the transfer speculation tread and has divided GW down the middle in terms of those in favour and those not. . .

I for one, would welcome his return. I think it would up,the quality of our midfield but we cant ignore that money is needed in other areas, most notably up front and a DM with a strong phyical presence.

There is an argument to be had over whether he would come back to,a stronger or weaker team, when he left when we had Nasri and RvP but he never played wth the RvP we saw at the end and not for a full season. Nasri, we dont miss and for me doesnt deserve consideration.

The return of Cesc, the addition of Jovetic and a DM like Capoue would be great summer. . .but I doubt we have enough to cover all that

So what to do?

Ollie the Optimist
03-06-2013, 12:30 PM
he would improve our team a lot, it would makes other clubs sit up and take notice of us because we will have signed a world class player, it would be a huge signing, and he is premiership expereinced.

there are no good reasons as to why we shouldnt resign him, especially given we have a buyback clause of 20-25 million apparently

Xhaka Can’t
03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
he would improve our team a lot, it would makes other clubs sit up and take notice of us because we will have signed a world class player, it would be a huge signing, and he is premiership expereinced.

there are no good reasons as to why we shouldnt resign him, especially given we have a buyback clause of 20-25 million apparently

My money is on you calling him a Judas Manc **** by the time the transfer window closes.

Ollie the Optimist
03-06-2013, 12:38 PM
My money is on you calling him a Judas Manc **** by the time the transfer window closes.

i dont think he would go there, you see whta he puts on twitter, instragram, he still likes us and tweets etc about us. plus united cant afford him. for barca to get their 25 million back, cesc would cost united 50 million

I_Killed_Kenny
03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
if he is available then its a must get. without doubt. as Ollie said, it also raises our profile again

People may say we already have the likes of jack, santi, sosicky etc. but underneath than who have we got? fuckall really. so if we get cesc then our back up will be one of those 3 mentioned. cant be a bad thing surely? generally improves the quality of our squad when you have a strong bench too.

also allows people like santi and jack to be rotated. santi looked quite tired come end of season having played all our prem games but we dont have enough quality to take him out of the side. having cesc eases that burden and in my opinion we would be stupid not to take him back!

Özil's Panoramic View
03-06-2013, 01:49 PM
A poll would be fitting.

Syn
03-06-2013, 01:53 PM
He is a quality player who is more suited to this league. I'm a little wary of building the team around him because I don't think he's quite good enough for that. But as an individual player he is excellent and we would do very well to get him back here. I don't think he wants to leave Barcelona though.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-06-2013, 01:55 PM
A poll would be fitting.

Can I still do that once thread has started?

LDG
03-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Ideal signing for me.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Can I still do that once thread has started?

Not sure about us regular members, but a mod can sort it out if requested.

Marc Overmars
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Said it plenty of times I'd welcome him back. Spikey little **** who is perfect for this league, but also manages to retain some Spanish midget ability.

I very much doubt it will happen though.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-06-2013, 02:07 PM
@Mod. . .please could you add poll

Should we sign, should we not, not bothered (or something along those lines ;) )

Kano
03-06-2013, 02:07 PM
This story has been taking up a lot of space on the transfer speculation tread and has divided GW down the middle in terms of those in favour and those not. . .

I for one, would welcome his return. I think it would up,the quality of our midfield but we cant ignore that money is needed in other areas, most notably up front and a DM with a strong phyical presence.

There is an argument to be had over whether he would come back to,a stronger or weaker team, when he left when we had Nasri and RvP but he never played wth the RvP we saw at the end and not for a full season. Nasri, we dont miss and for me doesnt deserve consideration.

The return of Cesc, the addition of Jovetic and a DM like Capoue would be great summer. . .but I doubt we have enough to cover all that

So what to do?
nothing. none of those three are coming to our club.

Ollie the Optimist
03-06-2013, 02:08 PM
i saw someone say on twitter, that if we were to resign fabregas, it would be the biggest signing since stealing sol from spurs. in terms of it being a statement of intent, the quality of the player etc. i gave it some thought, and i think they might be right, only other big player signing i guess is fat fuck since sol

Xhaka Can’t
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM
If it hasn't been done by the time I get home, I'll add a poll.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Would be classic WUMgering!

@ Mod :thankyou:

Gooner23
03-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Isn't this all a bit premature. Absolutely no evidence to suggest Fab wants to leave Barca, just a load of internet waffle.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-06-2013, 02:42 PM
It is something creating a point of contention be it waffle or not. . . .so see no harm even if it never happens

selassie
03-06-2013, 03:25 PM
I would love him back but it's not going to happen. Come on guys, give it up with this rumour...

Cripps_orig
03-06-2013, 06:01 PM
No

Master Splinter
03-06-2013, 06:15 PM
ccl

selassie
03-06-2013, 07:43 PM
No

:titsup:

Cripps_orig
03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Why would anyone want him back after the way he treated us the first time round and the way he left?

Is that how far we have fallen?

Let the Mancs have the ****. They deserve each other

Cripps_orig
03-06-2013, 07:49 PM
:titsup:

:lol:

The no was to the poll, not to you saying give up the rumour

IBK
03-06-2013, 08:51 PM
I would love him back but it's not going to happen. Come on guys, give it up with this rumour...

This. Why the rumour?

Injury Time
03-06-2013, 09:16 PM
No. He cruised and sulked his way out, he'd have a good season, then mumble about ambition and find a long lost Italian relative who he would have to go to as his ancestral home :rolleyes: .

I'd still cheer the **** if he came back, think I'm safe on that score tbh.

Syn
03-06-2013, 09:57 PM
"I don't want any player than will have us as a club"

- Syn (03/06/13).

BOBN
04-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Congratulations to the 5/6 people who favour Arsenal over any single player and dont get caught up in some sort of misty-eyed cuckold trance.

You are the most likely to have successful relationships with women in the future.

LDG
04-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Congratulations to the 5/6 people who favour Arsenal over any single player and dont get caught up in some sort of misty-eyed cuckold trance.

You are the most likely to have successful relationships with women in the future.

All with your mum.

selassie
04-06-2013, 09:11 AM
:lol:

The no was to the poll, not to you saying give up the rumour

Ooops...my bad Cripps :getcoat:

Power n Glory
04-06-2013, 09:15 AM

Isn’t it the reverse? A lot the people against Cesc returning are putting personal dislike towards him before the needs of the club. Our midfield is bloody awful and has to be our weakest area. It’s so disjointed at the moment. We look a lot better with Rosicky in the squad and we can’t depend on him to get the zip and speed into our game. Cesc knows the Prem, knows how we play and would solve that problem automatically.

BOBN
04-06-2013, 09:16 AM
All with your mum.
I dont think my mums in to paraplegics tbh.

BOBN
04-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Isn’t it the reverse? A lot the people against Cesc returning are putting personal dislike towards him before the needs of the club. Our midfield is bloody awful and has to be our weakest area. It’s so disjointed at the moment. We look a lot better with Rosicky in the squad and we can’t depend on him to get the zip and speed into our game. Cesc knows the Prem, knows how we play and would solve that problem automatically.
Cesc is no longer a midielder. Too lazy now. Big Time Charlie that boy.

Power n Glory
04-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Cesc is no longer a midielder. Too lazy now. Big Time Charlie that boy.

That’s like saying Mascherano is no longer a DM because he plays as CB for Barca. They had Yaya Toure playing as DM and sometimes as CB. That’s not a valid argument.

Xhaka Can’t
04-06-2013, 11:58 AM
All with your mum.

:haha:

Letters
04-06-2013, 01:05 PM
All with your mum.

Oh and yes, obviously I'd have Cesc back.

Japan Shaking All Over
04-06-2013, 01:14 PM

Please be quiet

Letters
04-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Football fans are fickle idiots.
All the people who are :sulk: would be all :scarf: and :bow: if he came back.

Ollie the Optimist
04-06-2013, 01:24 PM
the ones who dont want him back, will be the ones calling wenger a **** for not resigning him when he inevitably scores the winner against us for united or assists the judas ****

Özil's Panoramic View
04-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Aahh shut the hell up, you dismissive and patronising lot.

Cesc is a flop, and more importantly a massive, massive ****. We don't need anymore his kind in our midfield. Enough of these slight, lightweight, touch fuckers. What we need is someone with grit, skill and physical prowess to to don things there.

Fuck that injury feigning, sulking, want away bastard.

fakeyank
04-06-2013, 02:27 PM
All with your mum.

:haha: :haha:

BOBN
04-06-2013, 02:52 PM
That’s like saying Mascherano is no longer a DM because he plays as CB for Barca. They had Yaya Toure playing as DM and sometimes as CB. That’s not a valid argument.
Cesc hasnt regularly played in midfield since 2009.

BOBN
04-06-2013, 02:57 PM

Cesc is a flop, and more importantly a massive, massive ****. We don't need anymore his kind in our midfield. Enough of these slight, lightweight, touch fuckers. What we need is someone with grit, skill and physical prowess to to don things there.

:gp:

Its embarrassing to share a club with some of these tbh.

It cant be because hes a winner because we won fook all with him, so it must be some sort of homoerotic desire. Very eww.

LDG
04-06-2013, 03:04 PM

It cant be because hes a winner because we won fook all with him, so it must be some sort of homoerotic desire. Very eww.

http://www.lethalwrestling.com/le/csme/jackass/Retard.jpg

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Where is Falvs?

LDG
04-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Where is Falvs?

http://static.disaboom.com/content/images/jobs/articles/content/139124.jpg

Marc Overmars
04-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Or people just think he's a decent player. :shrug:

Xhaka Can’t
04-06-2013, 03:25 PM

The feeling is mutual. :good:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-06-2013, 03:46 PM

Letters :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Please be quiet

would take cesc in a heartbeat. the amount of times we've needed the perfect through ball to walcott/giroud making a run off the shoulder of the last defender this season. cesc provided that.

its no coincidence that when cesc was here we were genuine title contenders and when he left we dropped down to top 4 squabblers.

BOBN
04-06-2013, 03:55 PM
its no coincidence that when cesc was here we were genuine title contenders

:haha: :haha:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
weird child.

Power n Glory
04-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Cesc hasnt regularly played in midfield since 2009.

Do you think there is a problem with our midfield and which player/s do you think we'll need to solve it?

I think Cesc is what we need for the midfield. Feel free to disagree with that but we've struggled badly since he's left and the midfield have struggled to string passes together.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2013, 05:09 PM

I'll save you any further embarrasment then. And you can't say you weren't warned before about how you were posting.

GP
04-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Maccy :bow:

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 05:40 PM

This.

Kano
04-06-2013, 06:15 PM

why is he a flop?

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 06:25 PM
He's been shit at Barcelona. That would make him a flop, yes?

He is no longer played in midfield cos he can't handle it. That would make him a flop, yes?

A 47 year old Xavi and a shit Iniesta are chosen ahead of him for club and country. That would make him a flop, yes?

I don't even have to mention his Arsenal career

Kano
04-06-2013, 06:27 PM
i can't take the reply of a man who lives to hate barcelona, seriously at all.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 06:32 PM
I don't hate Barcelona.

Letters
04-06-2013, 06:49 PM
He's been shit at Barcelona. That would make him a flop, yes?
I don't watch them enough to know really but if he's not good enough for Barca that doesn't mean he'd be no good for us again.
Barca are one of the best teams in Europe. We are not, sadly.
If you get beaten by Bolt and Blake in the 100m it doesn't make you shit.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't watch them enough to know really but if he's not good enough for Barca that doesn't mean he'd be no good for us again.
Lets hope we never find out. This is more about just getting a good player in. The way he left, the way he acted, fuck him and the horse he rode in on

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4954847/Cesc-Fabregas-insists-he-does-not-want-to-quit-Barcelona.html

/thread

Bergkampwonderland10
04-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Lets hope we never find out. This is more about just getting a good player in. The way he left, the way he acted, fuck him and the horse he rode in on
:gp::gp: Spot on. We've moved on, and we now move the ball fwd a bit more. For all his wonderful defence-splitting passes, he really slowed our game down with his tippy tappy stuff. Much better watching any of our current midfielders.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 07:24 PM
:gp::gp: Spot on. We've moved on, and we now move the ball fwd a bit more. For all his wonderful defence-splitting passes, he really slowed our game down with his tippy tappy stuff. Much better watching any of our current midfielders.
I don't think we have moved on. We're still the same shite ass team when Cesc was here just with a different pointless spaniard in midfield. Bringing Cesc back won't improve us at all. Would just keep us at the mediocre level we are at

Power n Glory
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM

We play at a much slower pace now. We need Rosicky in the squad just to get some pace into our game! I have no idea what you guys are watching sometimes. How can a guy that can find a killer pass with one touch slow our game down even more than players like Ramsey, Wilshere and Arteta? Ramsey and Wilshere are often guilty of taking too many touches on the ball before releasing and Arteta finds it difficult just to turn on the ball and pass!

If you disagree with the way he left that's cool but let's not talk as if we're a better side without him. The last two seasons have been a struggle to capture 4th.

Bergkampwonderland10
04-06-2013, 08:15 PM
I don't think we have moved on. We're still the same shite ass team when Cesc was here just with a different pointless spaniard in midfield. Bringing Cesc back won't improve us at all. Would just keep us at the mediocre level we are at
I meant 'moved on' as in 'we're over his departure' not as in we've moved on footballistcally! @PnG yes Rosicky injects the pace we sometimes lack, much more enjoyable to watch when he's in the side, Wilshere when on form is a driving force too...
To be fair it's much better watching any player play for us that actually wants to...We struggled to finish 3rd/4th with Cesc in the side too remember. Glad he's gone and I don't think he'll be returning any time soon.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 08:18 PM
I meant 'moved on' as in 'we're over his departure' not as in we've moved on footballistcally!.

Over it as soon as he fucked off

Power n Glory
04-06-2013, 09:25 PM
I meant 'moved on' as in 'we're over his departure' not as in we've moved on footballistcally! @PnG yes Rosicky injects the pace we sometimes lack, much more enjoyable to watch when he's in the side, Wilshere when on form is a driving force too...
To be fair it's much better watching any player play for us that actually wants to...We struggled to finish 3rd/4th with Cesc in the side too remember. Glad he's gone and I don't think he'll be returning any time soon.

We've had two seasons where we've spent large chunks of the season outside of the top 4 and had to fight our way back. I only recall one season where we were that bad and that's when we had Henry, Pires, Ljunberg and Campbell in the team. We had a few seasons where we could have won the title if we'd have spent in January. And let's not forget the abysmal cup exits this year. We've gotten worse as a team and to say otherwise is foolish.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 09:27 PM
What's the season where Aston villa nearly finished ahead of us?

Kano
04-06-2013, 09:29 PM
09/10

Ollie the Optimist
04-06-2013, 09:29 PM
the season fat fuck was signed

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 09:33 PM
09/10

Cesc was with us then

That makes 2 seasons.

Same as since he's left.

Syn
04-06-2013, 10:04 PM
The Villa chase was 08/09. 09/10 was a better year and we were challenging on a few fronts. Including the league up until a spectacular March meltdown where we typically get dumped out of every competition.

In any case it doesn't make much sense. Cesc, alone, was never a reason we were challenging for a title or other trophies. It wasn't a Van Persie in 11/12 type effort where he was carrying the team. Most seasons he wasn't even as good as Cazorla is now. In 09/10 he started taking players on through power and scoring more goals. But hardly matters - if we were offered another Cazorla level player now, you'd have to say yes. He wants to stay there anyway: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2335894/Cesc-Fabregas-says-does-want-leave-Barcelona-Manchester-United-Arsenal.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Xhaka Can’t
04-06-2013, 10:06 PM
The Villa chase was 08/09. 09/10 was a better year and we were challenging on a few fronts. Including the league up until a spectacular March meltdown where we typically get dumped out of every competition.

In any case it doesn't make much sense. Cesc, alone, was never a reason we were challenging for a title or other trophies. It wasn't a Van Persie in 11/12 type effort where he was carrying the team. Most seasons he wasn't even as good as Cazorla is now. In 09/10 he started taking players on through power and scoring more goals. But hardly matters - if we were offered another Cazorla level player now, you'd have to say yes. He wants to stay there anyway: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2335894/Cesc-Fabregas-says-does-want-leave-Barcelona-Manchester-United-Arsenal.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
True, and for some reason, Wenger decided to all but throw the FACSF against Chelsea.

GP
04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
No he didn't.

Marc Overmars
05-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Didn't Wenget say he was dropped so he could prove we were able to win without him, or something like that?

That was probably the first sign Wenger was evolving into WUMger.

Joker
05-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Yep that was unforgivable.