PDA

View Full Version : Poyet the psycho muppet & other Sunderland shit

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-06-2013, 04:42 PM
do we have a sunderland thread? i couldnt find one.

i think this nutter deserves his own thread. there'll be plenty of gaffes from him next season.

and its already started tbf

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/8778966/Sunderland-boss-Paolo-Di-Canio-to-fine-overweight-players

psycho canio :bow:

Cripps_orig
20-06-2013, 05:15 PM
MON :haha:

Had to be done tbh

Özil's Panoramic View
20-06-2013, 05:30 PM
What a psycho fascist muppet. :lol:

Cripps_orig
09-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio was so upset with his team's display in a friendly against Denmark's Midtjylland that he was going to ban his players from eating a post-match pasta buffet as a punishment. But Di Canio had to relent when the team bus was delayed.
Full story: Daily Mirror

:lol:

PL should be fun with him around

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-08-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/8874453/premier-league-paolo-di-canio-sets-out-strict-rules-for-sunderland-stars

Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio is getting strict with his players ahead of his first full season as a Premier League manager.

Di Canio, who took over from Martin O'Neill back in March, vowed to get tough with his players after they barely avoided relegation last season.

He has revealed some of his methods ahead of Saturday's clash with Fulham and he hopes they will pay dividends in keeping his players much fitter than the versions he was critical of soon after his arrival on Wearside.

"This is a complete revolution," he told the Daily Telegraph.

"We've focused on changing the whole dressing-room environment. Imagine if for years your habit is to use the phone when you're having a massage on the bed, even one minute before going out to train?

"For 25 days I accepted this, because my first priority was to work on the field. However, I've said that from now if someone comes inside with a mobile phone, even in their bag, I'll throw it in the North Sea. They're banned.

"We need to have lectures about why we can't have everyday things like mayonnaise, ketchup and Coke.

"Even coffee can be a problem. You can have one when you get up, but not an hour before you go out training or playing. We give the players diet sheets to follow.

"Obviously, you have to enjoy life. I won't say anything if one day you like to go and have a cheeseburger.

"I ban my daughter from going to places like that, but I know sometimes she goes because she enjoys it and because it's typical of a student. It is all right, but not as a habit."

:haha: :haha:

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Sessegnon charged for drink driving

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2013, 05:43 PM
I've said that from now if someone comes inside with a mobile phone, even in their bag, I'll throw it in the North Sea. They're banned.

Admit it, this guy is great.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Pretty much

Time he came home

Wenger :wave:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio has vowed to carry on criticising his players in public if they make mistakes.

Di Canio singled out captain John O'Shea following his sending off as Sunderland lost 3-1 at Crystal Palace.

The Italian's man-management style was questioned by several pundits, but Di Canio insists he has no plans to change his approach.

"Harry Redknapp did many interviews last year and no one asked why he said his team was playing rubbish. Why is it only Paolo Di Canio?" he said.

"Maybe after three or four games a player will moan about the gaffer and say, "Oh, it's tough". The common theory is that there are big egos and if you upset them you have problems and they get upset.

"My -relationship with my players is closer than you think. It means that I can point the finger straight away and say, 'For your level, it is rubbish'"
Paolo Di Canio
"But my relationship with my players is closer than you think. It means that I can point the finger straight away and say, 'For your level, it is rubbish'.

"You think the new generation is weak? I say if they are weak they cannot play football at this level. It is natural selection."

Di Canio has also been studying Sir Alex Ferguson's speech on management at Harvard University and he is a believer in Ferguson's thinking that a manager must never lose control to his players.

Di Canio added: "Here. Sir Alex Ferguson. Point No.4. Never, ever cede control. This is Paolo Di Canio. This is why I'm at top level."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/8918542/sunderland-boss-paolo-di-canio-will-keep-on-criticising-his-players

New fergie :bow:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
13-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Admit it, this guy is great.

That is comical. Great entertainment for the rest of us. I only wish I heard him say it live.

Ruling with an iron fist. Perhaps he's been reading too many books about supposedly great leaders....

Marc Overmars
13-09-2013, 12:50 PM
It will end in tears for Sunderland but it will be awesome to watch.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-09-2013, 04:32 PM
He is definitely going to become football's first serial killer.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Become?

McNamara That Ghost...
13-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Well this is true.

Munchies
22-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Sacked.

:wave:

Di Matteo favourite for the job

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-09-2013, 08:35 PM
:haha:

Who couldn't see that coming...

Munchies
22-09-2013, 08:36 PM
He saved them last season at the end, so he was doing something right.

But his transfers have been pretty shit this summer.

Was hoping Mourinho would go before him.

Marc Overmars
22-09-2013, 08:37 PM

There was never any chance his style of management would work at this level.

Rors
22-09-2013, 08:40 PM

There was never any chance his style of management would work at this level.

Indeed. *must not make reference to behaviour of anybody who may or may not have led a certain European country at some point in history*...

Rors
22-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Even by turning a blind eye of the obvious - as hard as that is - he should never have been appointed in the first place. Okay, they stayed up under him, but that was just the result of bravado. I would struggle to even describe the bloke as a "manager" in any conventional sense. He is just a..well...madman.

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2013, 08:46 PM
what a stupid decision from sunderland. why let a manager spend all that money and then dont give him any time to get his team gelled. if results hadnt improved by novemeber, then sure sack him then, but now? outreagous.

im no di canio fan, but clubs these days are so trigger happy

Rors
22-09-2013, 08:47 PM
what a stupid decision from sunderland. why let a manager spend all that money and then dont give him any time to get his team gelled. if results hadnt improved by novemeber, then sure sack him then, but now? outreagous.

im no di canio fan, but clubs these days are so trigger happy

Yep, agreed. The man is a lunatic, but sacking him a mere three weeks after the window closes?!

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2013, 08:48 PM
i actually think di canio would have got it to click and they would have been a good shout for top half but this is madness. why do clubs do this?

Marc Overmars
22-09-2013, 08:51 PM
I reckon he probably lost the dressing room - assuming he even had it in the first place.

Regardless of signings and patience if your own players aren't playing for you then you've got nothing.

Rors
22-09-2013, 08:58 PM
And the Farage To Sunderland jokes have already started :lol:

Well, I hope they are jokes....

Munchies
22-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Is Di Matteo really the answer ?

Steve Kean is available ?

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2013, 09:02 PM
somewhere tony pullis is making sure his phone is fully charged, and is getting his baseball caps out and laying them neatly on top of his tracksuit

Munchies
22-09-2013, 09:03 PM
somewhere tony pullis is making sure his phone is fully charged, and is getting his baseball caps out and laying them neatly on top of his tracksuit

I can see him offering the old 'I'll guarantee you premierleague safety' to the board, and getting the job.

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2013, 09:04 PM
and if he doesnt, its Wengers fault

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Di Canio. :haha:

Obvious that nutter would be gone.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Sunderland fans are dreading the prospect of Pulis turning up.

Transplanted Gooner
23-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Sunderland fans are dreading the prospect of Pulis turning up.
Magpies fans are praying for it

Rors
23-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Di Canio. :haha:

Obvious that nutter would be gone.

"Freak"

footloose, the wanderer
23-09-2013, 06:29 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969849_547375268667513_914775090_n.png

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-09-2013, 12:39 AM
A shuddering insight into Sunderland's woes and bust ups over the past week:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/10328138/Paolo-Di-Canio-sacked-as-Sunderland-manager-after-massive-player-rebellion-undermined-his-authority.html

AFC Leveller
24-09-2013, 08:56 AM
He was a nutter. His style would have worked 20 years ago where there no was no such thing as player power but today's footballers are so precious that simply shouting at the can get a manager in trouble.

GP
08-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Gus Poyet appointed as Sunderland manager.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Odd choice, just as likely to fall out with...well everyone as Di Canio was. His tenure at Brighton ended in acrimony just like Di Canio's at Swindon and indeed Sunderland.

Also, is it fair to say Sunderland are the worst footballing team in the league? I can't believe I'm even asking that question with Stoke but it's how it seems to me, even if Stoke can't score.