PDA

View Full Version : Skysports/Talksport Article

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-06-2013, 04:36 PM
http://www.teamtalk.com/fanzone/16970/8788089/Once-a-United-fan-always-a-Gooner

Found this article hanging around the Arsenal section of the skysports website

Made me a little bit nauseous to be honest

It's one thing someone who once supported Arsenal now supporting another team we are better off without, but and i appreciate he was only a kid a Man United fan becoming an Arsenal fan.....it's like the kid you hate at school suddenly turning around and saying he wants to be your best mate.....he can sling his bloody hook.

On that subject have we all been dyed in the wool Arsenal fans since time began on this planet or for some reason did we evolve into that?

I myself was encouraged to support Arsenal from an early age by my parents both of whom hail from Islington

Munchies
25-06-2013, 04:43 PM
My dad worked in Islington and occasionally he'd take me to Highbury, the club store and everything, which never really made me think of other teams. All of my cousins however support United.

I had a person in my school, go from United to Liverpool to Arsenal to Chelsea which he still is :haha:

Marc Overmars
25-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Not really sure how anyone can just change their teams at the flick of a switch, as any proper fan should have invested far too much emotionally.

Arsenal has always been in the family so there was no other option really for me.

PGFC
25-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Most of my family were and are Spuds except for Dad, he's an East Fife supporter :wacko: my uncle wanted to take me to a football match for my 10th Birthday and the Arsenal were at home (to Stoke) and Spurs were away, the rest is, as they say, history.

Injury Time
25-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Most of my family were and are Spuds except for Dad, he's an East Fife supporter :wacko: my uncle wanted to take me to a football match for my 10th Birthday and the Arsenal were at home (to Stoke) and Spurs were away, the rest is, as they say, history.

Are you the only Stoke fan with a job?

I've always supported Arsenal, I don't actually know why (folks are from North of the border), ever since I was little that was my team when most were Liverpool or Manure supporters. Pat Jennings was my hero (I played in goal) and when my team won a tournament we went to the Arsenal training ground (it's not far from where I live) and met Pat and the squad plus the manager (Terry O'Neal), I asked Niall Quinn for his autograph (he was scrubbing boots as an apprentice) bless him he asked why I would want his autograph. The visit sealed the deal (I won't bore the regulars with my encounter with the Spurs squad ;))

Injury Time
25-06-2013, 06:05 PM
My dad worked in Islington and occasionally he'd take me to Highbury, the club store and everything, which never really made me think of other teams. All of my cousins however support United.

I had a person in my school, go from United to Liverpool to Arsenal to Chelsea which he still is :haha:
You mean he still is a ****?

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-06-2013, 06:11 PM
I have an affinity (support?) for two teams, the other one being Tranmere, mainly because my Dad does so it's all I've ever known. Geographically, I'd be Tranmere. But since Tranmere are pretty crap there isn't much of an issue as they aren't exactly rivals and are essentially in two different footballing worlds, so it doesn't seem like a conflict. Obviously for the die-hards I'd be considered a wool by Liverpool and a sewer rat by Tranmere...

But I can't comprehend how someone can consciously go from say United to Chelsea; it just seems wrong.

Syn
25-06-2013, 06:21 PM
So he liked watching one set of strangers play football and then after a while he liked watching another bunch of strangers play football? What a fickle dickhead.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Got bored reading that.

Someone post a summary