PDA

View Full Version : Yaya Sanogo - it's official!

McNamara That Ghost...
01-07-2013, 07:52 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/french-striker-yaya-sanogo-joins-club

:haha:

Welcome Yaya!

Cripps_orig
01-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Yay

McNamara That Ghost...
Yay

Yaya.

Xhaka Can’t
*le sigh*

LDG
01-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Warchest :bow:

Top top top top quality :bow:

Free :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Arsène Wenger said: “Sanogo is a good young signing for us. He has shown that he has potential with his recent performances for Auxerre and also for the France Under-20 side. We are looking forward to Yaya joining us and continuing his promising development.”

WUMger. :bow:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Won't get Higuain now cos it will kill Sanogo.

Kano
has he gone out on loan yet?

Niall_Quinn
Y A W N

Marc Overmars
01-07-2013, 08:05 PM
And so concludes our business for the summer.

Cripps_orig
Least enthusiastic signing ever?

Niall_Quinn
And so concludes our business for the summer.

Apart from selling Jack and Santi.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2013, 08:06 PM

No. I think the bloke we last signed (whose name I can't remember) was greeted with roughly the same enthusiasm.

Marc Overmars
01-07-2013, 08:07 PM

No, not by a long way, which says it all.

WUMger. :bow:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2013, 08:10 PM
No. I think the bloke we last signed (whose name I can't remember) was greeted with roughly the same enthusiasm.

Good point.

Monreal :lol:

He's been a bit of a flop.

In all seriousness though, good luck to this pubber. He'll need it.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2013, 08:10 PM
He'll keep Diaby company I suppose, so not as utterly pointless as many of the signings we have made.

Master Splinter
01-07-2013, 08:12 PM

http://justarsenal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Iliev.jpg

Awesome Troll Face too.

WUMger :bow:.

Xhaka Can’t
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
He has no chance of developing his talent here because there is no one of any quality in the team to learn from. In the past when we had genuine quality up front, this would have been a promising signing. Not now.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2013, 08:14 PM
http://justarsenal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Iliev.jpg

Awesome Troll Face too.

WUMger :bow:.

That's a seriously huge jersey isn't it?

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Is this going to kill Joel Campbell?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Sanogo is a Football Manager legend rumour has it. I can't see this being anything other than a rip-roaring success. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Is this going to kill Joel Campbell?

Completely forgot about this pub teamer.

Sanogo will go the same way

Cripps_orig
01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Yaya.

My mistake

Master Splinter
01-07-2013, 08:18 PM
My mistake

Is this your mum posting on your behalf?

Cripps_orig
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM

No cos I'm the one who posted yay not her.

Why do you ask?

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Sanogo is a Football Manager legend rumour has it. I can't see this being anything other than a rip-roaring success. :coffee:

Unfortunately he usually starts off showing much promise but never actually fulfils it....

I'm sure you can complete the rest.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2013, 08:20 PM

No, without his knowledge (or permission)

Master Splinter
01-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Unfortunately he usually starts off showing much promise but never actually fulfils it....

Sounds like Konchesky tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-07-2013, 08:22 PM

I'm going to need his therapist.

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Is this Konchesky's mum posting on your behalf?

JonasTC
01-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Sanogo has been "official" for a month+... I wonder how long it takes to announce higuain, it havent even reached the unofficial official status yet :D

Hope he will be as good as in football manager! :pray:

Master Splinter
01-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Is this Konchesky's mum posting on your behalf?

No, it's Andrew 'Andy' Castle.

LDG
01-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Oh, we have agreed to pay Auxerre 450 grand in compensation....

Seems strange, given he's on a free.

I guess we just want to spend the whole warchest straight away.

Özim
01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
So excited by this signing, this guy is the new Anelka.

This is Mr 2% guys, we've been waiting a long time but at last we have signed a player we can truly get excited about. Can't wait for the season to start!

Özil's Panoramic View
01-07-2013, 08:42 PM
He seems a good player.

Seems to have good link up play from the bit of him I've seen.

Munchies
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
We've missed a big african up front, he'll be our Drogba

:coffee:

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
And this is only the first time of many he'll be like a new signing, given his injury record.

Özim
01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
We've missed a big african up front, he'll be our Drogba

:coffee:
Hopefully he understands the offside rule.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Hopefully he understands the offside rule.

Yes, he's well versed. Offside is the side nearest the door. Nearside is the treatment table. And at the foot of the bed is a TV and Domino's hotline.

Letters
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
He seems a good player.

Seems to have good link up play from the bit of him I've seen.
Is this Wenger posting on your behalf?

Letters
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
This is the signing that

:partytime:

was made for.

LDG
So excited by this signing, this guy is the new Anelka.

This is Mr 2% guys, we've been waiting a long time but at last we have signed a player we can truly get excited about. Can't wait for the season to start!

Is this Zimm posting on your behalf?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
has he fucked off yet?

Xhaka Can’t
01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
has he fucked off yet?

Is this NQ posting on your behalf?

Dicks and chicks
01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
This is the signing that

:partytime:

was made for.
Loooooooool. Seriously though this guy nearly retired due to injury years ago. Why are we bothering with this when so many of our previous young strikers have failed. Joel campell couldnt deliver consistently at betis. Carlos vela never delivered and giles sunu was awful and we paid 650k for him from chateroux

Xhaka Can’t
01-07-2013, 09:34 PM
The physio has signed a new longterm contract! :patrice:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Wellington Silva

Amuary Bischoff

Thomas Eisfield

Ryo Miyachi

All of them flops.

just go Wenger.

Syn
01-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Wahhhh wahhhh mylifeisshit wahhhhhh

Japan Shaking All Over
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
welcome

Özim
01-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Is this Zimm posting on your behalf?
I can't believe it's not butter.

JonasTC
01-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Wellington Silva

Amuary Bischoff

Thomas Eisfield

Ryo Miyachi

All of them flops.

just go Wenger.

How can u call ryo a flop already? He just turned 20 like 6 months ago and have shown some pretty exciting stuff whenever he hasnt been injuried (not to forget how he was running circles around people in the dutch league as an 18 year old for feyenoord).

Cripps_orig
01-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Cos he's done nothing for us despite being hyped by many.

Some even said he was better than Theo based on a couple of decent games for Feyenoord :haha:

-Xs-
02-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Sell him, he's shit

Injury Time
02-07-2013, 05:59 AM
W.

GP
02-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Wahhhh wahhhh mylifeisshit wahhhhhh

Pretty much.

This thread is embarrassing.

LDG
02-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Pretty much.

This thread is embarrassing.

Much like your face!

Power n Glory
02-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Wenger loves to take these gambles but it’s been a while since he’s pulled one out the bag with a young player. What’s happening with Joe Campbell and Wellington Silva? I hope this kid turns out to be a gem and only time will tell. Excited to see him play.

Joker
02-07-2013, 08:51 AM
If we supplement signings like Sanogo with the likes of Higuain, Bender, etc then that's not a problem. However, too often in the past Wenger's only made cheap signings in the summer and failed to properly reinforce the squad, the worry is he'll do something similar this summer as well.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Excited to see him play.

Really?

Power n Glory
02-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Really?

Yeah, he’s a new player. Why not?

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 09:05 AM
He's a bit shit, an unknown, injury prone, stopped us buying Higuain or another quality striker

Letters
02-07-2013, 09:10 AM
He's a bit shit, an unknown
If he's an unknown then how can you rate him? How often have you see him play.
He's clearly one for the future, if it's the only signing we make then :doh:, obviously.

The idea that it's "stopped us buying Higuain or another quality striker" isn't true and you know it. More WUMming :yawn:
If we don't sign anyone else then that's us being muppets but it's clearly not because we signed this bloke.

selassie
02-07-2013, 09:12 AM
If we supplement signings like Sanogo with the likes of Higuain, Bender, etc then that's not a problem. However, too often in the past Wenger's only made cheap signings in the summer and failed to properly reinforce the squad, the worry is he'll do something similar this summer as well.

Yeah I'm with you. I have nothing against Wenger buying youth, though he evidently indulges in Youth Purchases. That said, like you have stated he must buy experienced quality, this summer is more crucial than any other in my opinion.

cricketsi
02-07-2013, 09:12 AM
I am more hopeful for him than any of our other recent young strikers, think he could be the best young striker we've signed since RVP. As long as he is over the worst of his injury problems I think he will become a quality player.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 09:14 AM
If he's an unknown then how can you rate him? How often have you see him play.
He's clearly one for the future, if it's the only signing we make then :doh:, obviously.

The idea that it's "stopped us buying Higuain or another quality striker" isn't true and you know it. More WUMming :yawn:
If we don't sign anyone else then that's us being muppets but it's clearly not because we signed this bloke.

The whole thread is about posters not being happy with this underwhelming signing yet.

Tell me again how I'm not singled out :rolleyes:

It's pretty simple. He's done f all in Frances top league, has never played 5 consecutive games cos hes injury prone and can you really see knowing what we do about Wenger, him buying another striker and stunt this pubbers development?

Now all that I have said above is fact, you might think from that he isn't shit. You're in the minority.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Yeah I'm with you. I have nothing against Wenger buying youth, though he evidently indulges in Youth Purchases. That said, like you have stated he must buy experienced quality, this summer is more crucial than any other in my opinion.

Said that every summer for years.

Letters
02-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Tbh, there's no point in continuing this as you obviously don't believe what you're saying.
</discussion>

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Tbh, there's no point in continuing this as you obviously don't believe what you're saying.
</discussion>

You think I'd make up stuff like that?

Read up on him. I have.

LDG
02-07-2013, 09:31 AM
If this came after we'd signed a couple of ambitious signings, then I doubt anyone would mind that much, but it's that horrible feeling that we've seen this all before.

- Arsene gives his January speech "If we find someone special, we will do it"
- Annual collapse, or fight for fourth place ensues
- We sneak in to the CL spot, just
- Everyone says we must do better
- Press leaks suggesting we have X amount to spend
- Ivan does his sweet talking to the fan forums / papers around June time
- One or Two big names get blasted about (it's called spin, and this is Ivan's job)
- Those few big names are our "trying to hammer out a deal all summer" players we have no intention of signing
- We buy someone on the cheap who is a gamble
- Arsene gives his summer speech about "if we find someone special we will do it"
- August comes, and we get told that there was nobody available

And repeat.

Xhaka Can’t
02-07-2013, 09:45 AM
This.

I have nothing against the player. I hope he is a success, but I have no faith whatsoever that we are going to change anything with regards to our transfer policy.

In fact this is a carbon copy with what has gone on before. The only difference being that we have nobody to sell.

Kano
02-07-2013, 10:05 AM
it's all very symptomatic of the lack of connection between the people who run the club and the fans, which is not exclusive to our club to be honest.

big speak about money to spend etc yet the very first person through the door, on the very first day of the official transfer window, is some unknown kid no one could give a shit about.

hardly a statement of intent or a message from the top to the fans that things will change, we care as much as you do and we are determined to push the club forward.

just a surefire way to create more trepidation and uncertainty about the season ahead.

bigger more important players may even follow but after an opener like this, it just means that peoples interest will continue to wane, rather than fly the flag high.

Letters
02-07-2013, 10:11 AM
He's hardly been paraded in front of the fans and press as a marquee signing :shrug:

Obviously we're all jaded from previous summers but it's only the first day of the transfer window, not the last.

Kano
02-07-2013, 10:12 AM
he doesn't need to be paraded but the club needs to be far more on the front foot to turn around the fans perceptions, which it seems unprepared to do apart from the usual rhetoric.

as i said, other signings may well follow but how jaded and skeptical will most fans be by then?

Letters
02-07-2013, 10:15 AM
as i said, other signings may well follow but how jaded and skeptical will most fans be by then?
Depends who the signings are.

Power n Glory
02-07-2013, 10:36 AM
It’s a bit too early to say this is a sign of things to come but I can understand why this rattles a few nerves. We’ve been down this road before. But given the amount of noise the club have made to clarify our financial position, I’d say this is another one of Wenger’s vanity projects. He enjoys the gamble when developing young players. We didn’t need to sign this player but it’s his choice. Regardless of our financial state, he’ll always make these sort of signings. This is what he likes to do which is why I say project youth was self-imposed. Regardless of the budget, there were better players out there we could have invested time and money in.

Letters
02-07-2013, 11:14 AM
I'd understand more moaning if there was a week till the transfer window close, we'd done bugger all all summer and then suddenly this kid was our summer signing. We're all jaded by the summer dealings, or lack thereof, but it is only right at the start of the window.
Saying stuff like this stops us signing any other forward is wumsense.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2013, 11:18 AM
It’s a bit too early to say this is a sign of things to come but I can understand why this rattles a few nerves. We’ve been down this road before. But given the amount of noise the club have made to clarify our financial position, I’d say this is another one of Wenger’s vanity projects. He enjoys the gamble when developing young players. We didn’t need to sign this player but it’s his choice. Regardless of our financial state, he’ll always make these sort of signings. This is what he likes to do which is why I say project youth was self-imposed. Regardless of the budget, there were better players out there we could have invested time and money in.

Well let's be fair, we've been down this road like clockwork every summer for years. It would be an extreme anomaly if we were doing anything different this year.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2013, 11:19 AM
I'd understand more moaning if there was a week till the transfer window close, we'd done bugger all all summer and then suddenly this kid was our summer signing. We're all jaded by the summer dealings, or lack thereof, but it is only right at the start of the window.
Saying stuff like this stops us signing any other forward is wumsense.

Too late to moan if we leave it until the close of the window. Besides, they get away with it if we leave it until then and you are left with the simple choice, put up with it or stop supporting the club you have supported all your life. Vital, therefore, to moan load and clear from day one so the ****s know we are watching them. If everyone gave them an inch by shutting up they'd be a mile down the road by morning.

Özim
02-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Didn't everyone think we should conclude out transfer dealings early to a sign the players we want without having to compete with out clubs for them and also give them plenty of time to integrate with the squad in order that they're ready for the new season?

Got no problem with signing a guy like this in the hope he might turn out good, but let's face it our clubs transfer record is dreadful and more often than not signings of this type are seen by the management as reasons not to sign big name players due to the number of players competing for a particular spot (Walcott, Giroud, Podolski, Sanagogo, Gervinho, Campbell.

Marc Overmars
02-07-2013, 11:34 AM
In all seriousness this signing is just a punt from Wenget, we've seen plenty of these nothing players come and go over the years and I expect this won't be any different.

It's early doors and I'm sure we'll see some proper players come in, starting with Higuain.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2013, 11:34 AM
This guy hasn't performed anywhere else. So maybe he will suddenly be brilliant for us.

Heard it before. This is the broken clock transfer policy. It will be right twice a day and wrong the rest of the time. Is this one of the rare occasions where randomness coincides with uniformity? Maybe. There's a tiny, tiny chance. So yeah, welcome to the club mate, try not to drain too many of the resources in your waste of time here.

Ollie the Optimist
02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Given we have released a load of youth players and deadwood of course wenger was going to sign some new talents / young players to replace them.

This deal has been done for ages given what this kid has been saying in recent interviews plus there was no bidding, it was only announced yesterday because window opens and he is our player. It won't have stopped us sorting out big signings but nor we're big signings ever going to be announced yesterday either.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2013, 11:39 AM
http://youtu.be/k8_6ZC_kGmY

Letters
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Too late to moan if we leave it until the close of the window. Besides, they get away with it if we leave it until then and you are left with the simple choice, put up with it or stop supporting the club you have supported all your life. Vital, therefore, to moan load and clear from day one so the ****s know we are watching them. If everyone gave them an inch by shutting up they'd be a mile down the road by morning.Us moaning every other summer has made a load of difference so yeah, let's moan all summer.
That'll show 'em.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Us moaning every other summer has made a load of difference so yeah, let's moan all summer.
That'll show 'em.

The alternatives are to; say nothing or; be happy and optimistic. We've done a lot of the "this year surely..." stuff, if we all said nothing this would be an odd forum.

Letters
02-07-2013, 11:45 AM
It's an odd forum at the best of times tbh.

Marc Overmars
02-07-2013, 11:47 AM
We're the best in the world at what we do.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 11:58 AM
If you keep buying nothing players, we'll eventually become a nothing club

A player like this would be fine if we were mid table nobodies

Letters
02-07-2013, 12:08 PM
we didn't buy him, he was free.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2013, 12:09 PM
we didn't buy him, he was free.

Apart from the wages and the medical bills.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Didn't we pay a compensation fee?

Letters
02-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Apart from the wages and the medical bills.
We've already upgraded the medical suite for Diaby, we might as well use it :shrug:

Munchies
02-07-2013, 03:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7TkvRdiSLM

Doesn't look that great...

... Even Chamakh/Santos looked good on YT :lol:

Munchies
02-07-2013, 08:14 PM
He just scored today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TLXf_TNb4

Injury Time
02-07-2013, 08:20 PM
He just scored today:

Well he's not worried about clashing with the keeper :bow:

...apparently now out 2-3 weeks nah just kidding

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 08:22 PM
He just scored today:

Hope he cherishes these moments.

JonasTC
02-07-2013, 09:35 PM
4 games 3 goals 1 assist at the u20 world cup so far :)

GP
02-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Quality player. I, like all true gooners, am really happy with this signing.

Fist of Lehmann
02-07-2013, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo1jIKvL-s8

Awful player. He scuffs this. Wenfer out and so on.

LDG
02-07-2013, 09:52 PM
:o

:bow:

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 09:58 PM
One last hurrah for him

Injury Time
02-07-2013, 10:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7TkvRdiSLM

Doesn't look that great...

... Even Chamakh/Santos looked good on YT :lol:
-the marking is shit
-not sure he'll get the same time on the ball in EPL
-who was the #7 that kept getting the assists? :bow:
-fingers crossed he's the next Aliadiere :scarf:

Özil's Panoramic View
02-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Quality player. I, like all true gooners, am really happy with this signing.

Cripps?

Xhaka Can’t
02-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Unfortunate syntax.

GP
02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Unfortunate syntax.

Your face is an unfortunate syntax.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 10:14 PM
-the marking is shit
-not sure he'll get the same time on the ball in EPL
-who was the #7 that kept getting the assists? :bow:
-fingers crossed he's the next Aliadiere :scarf:

Well he's got the injury part down to a T.

Munchies
02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Funnily enough, Aliadiere had a great season in Ligue 1 :lol:

34 games, 19 goals , and was in their tots equivelent.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Funnily enough, Aliadiere had a great season in Ligue 1 :lol:

34 games, 19 goals , and was in their tots equivelent.

Tots?

Munchies
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Tots?

Ligue 1 had him in their team of the season with Ibra upfront.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Tbf Aliadiere was talented and could have done well for us if it wasn't for injuries.

Certainly more so than this nobody

Munchies
02-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Tbf Aliadiere was talented if it wasn't for injuries.

Certainly more so than this nobody

True, he's going to be paid a lot (by our standards) for being useless on the reserves, and then leave to a championship or french team down the line.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2013, 11:17 PM
He's French so i assume he'll be given a run in the COC.

At least we got him for free so if he's shit and we sell him, we'll get more than we paid for him or if he somehow turns out to be decent, we'll sell him to a Manchester club or to Spanish clubs for millions.

Win/win

Thierrymon
03-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Does this mean that signing Higuain is sa no go?

Injury Time
03-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Does this mean that signing Higuain is sa no go?

:getcoat:

Did some one say we paid ~£0.5m compensation for him? If so budget is gone :rose:

cricketsi
03-07-2013, 07:53 AM
If you can ignore the context of no bigger signings yet I don't see why people are so negative about this signing. Sanogo's clearly very skilled and will become a quality player.

Özim
03-07-2013, 07:58 AM
How can you tell he's very skilled, in that you tube video there's nothing hugely spectacular (which considering Youtbe clips are famed for making a player look fantastic is not great evidence), they've even included passes he's made in it which shows how little he's done.

He could turn out to be very good, there's no way of knowing though unless you've seen him in the flesh a number of times.

cricketsi
03-07-2013, 08:09 AM
How can you tell he's very skilled, in that you tube video there's nothing hugely spectacular (which considering Youtbe clips are famed for making a player look fantastic is not great evidence), they've even included passes he's made in it which shows how little he's done.

He could turn out to be very good, there's no way of knowing though unless you've seen him in the flesh a number of times.

There's never any real way of knowing at this stage, good or bad. (Seeing them in the flesh means little more anyway - I know Man Utd fans who swear Danny Welbeck's a quality player because they've seen him in the flesh and we can't appreciate him watching on TV. That's bollocks, he's shit.)

There's more than one video out there, you know. Considering he's only 20, having missed a large chunk of his career thus far with injury, I'd say the YouTube scouting is encouraging, versus somebody like Chamakh, who'd had half a career to create highlights from before coming here.

He seems to be an athletic, good physical specimen with some decent technique who Wenger will be able to mould into a genuinely threatening striker, given his relatively young age. I'd say he's more in the Anelka/Henry category than Vela/Bendtner/Lupoli, etc. My opinion is, injuries permitting, he'll become very good.

Marc Overmars
03-07-2013, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo1jIKvL-s8

Awful player. He scuffs this. Wenfer out and so on.

Wenfer. :bow:

LDG
03-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Wenfer. :bow:

:lol:

Wenfer Deadline Day

-Xs-
03-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Wenfer lacks a little bit of sharpness

Niall_Quinn
04-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Wenfer lacks a little bit of sharpness

He has great spirit but has little bit mental handbrake on.

Özim
04-07-2013, 10:26 AM
He has great spirit but has little bit mental handbrake on.
Don't forget he's on his waiting period!

JonasTC
06-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Sanogo scored again in their 4-0 victory over uzbekistan in the quarter finals :)

Master Splinter
06-07-2013, 11:22 PM
What a player.

Wenfer does it again.

Higuain :lol:.

Niall_Quinn
07-07-2013, 12:20 AM
He sucks - move on.

selassie
08-07-2013, 12:25 PM
If you can ignore the context of no bigger signings yet I don't see why people are so negative about this signing. Sanogo's clearly very skilled and will become a quality player.

If he stays fit ;)

It's not the first time we have signed a "crocked" player. :o

Fist of Lehmann
08-07-2013, 05:57 PM
I watched this fella play in the France vs Uzbekistan U20 QF.
Sanogo was a doubt for this match with a rib injury but in the end played the full 90.

The kid looked kind of lopey, slightly awkward, with not a huge amount of acceleration.
Read reports of him 'bursting past people', but there wasn't too much of that in the game I saw.
Maybe his injury made him lose little bit burst.

Early on he hit the post, then he scored from a yard with a well timed run and had a shot well saved. However he also missed a sitter when Bahebeck (lively throughout) crossed low and Sanogo, with only the keeper to beat somehow managed to scuff 3 yards wide from about 12 yards out. His touch in general was decent, if nothing amazing, but that was a poor miss.

Late on he made a cute dinked key pass for Bosetti (who failed to score with any of the million chances he got), and other than that influenced the game only in the runs he made rather than anything he did on the ball. Notably, Sanogo looks to run toward goal instead of deep toward the ball, so he's a finisher rather than a playmaker. He did pull out wide occasionally in this game.

His attitude and workrate seem good. In terms of quality though, he was outshone but several of his teammates. Thauvin was the pick of the bunch, a real gem, both Bahebeck and Digne caught the eye, and the highly rated CM pairing of Kondogbia and Pogba bossed the middle without really doing too much.

Overall it's hard to read too much into this game against a weak Uzbek side. The whole thing was over as a contest even before the hapless RB Shamshitdinov got himself sent off. Tbh a guy who manages to fit both the words 'Sham' and 'shit' into their name ought to have given their manager some clue - looked like Deco, played like a bag of dicks.

Should have bought Thauvin.

JonasTC
08-07-2013, 06:22 PM
:gp:

Dicks and chicks
08-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Sanogo was a doubt for this match with a rib injury but in the end played the full 90.

The kid looked kind of lopey, slightly awkward, with not a huge amount of acceleration.
Read reports of him 'bursting past people', but there wasn't too much of that in the game I saw.

Early on he hit the post, then he scored from a yard with a well timed run and had a shot well saved. However he also missed a sitter when Bahebeck (lively throughout) crossed low and Sanogo, with only the keeper to beat somehow managed to scuff 3 yards wide from about 12 yards out. His touch in general was decent, if nothing amazing, but that was a poor miss.

Late on he made a cute dinked key pass for Bosetti (who failed to score with any of the million chances he got), and other than that influenced the game only in the runs he made rather than anything he did on the ball. Notably, Sanogo looks to run toward goal instead of deep toward the ball, so he's a finisher rather than a playmaker. He did pull out wide occasionally in this game.

His attitude and workrate seem good. In terms of quality though, he was outshone but several of his teammates. Thauvin was the pick of the bunch, a real gem, both Bahebeck and Digne caught the eye, and the highly rated CM pairing of Kondogbia and Pogba bossed the middle without really doing too much.

Overall it's hard to read too much into this game against a weak Uzbek side. The whole thing was over as a contest even before the hapless RB Shamshitdinov got himself sent off. Tbh a guy who manages to fit both the words 'Sham' and 'shit' into their name ought to have given their manager some clue - looked like Deco, played like a bag of dicks.

Uzbekistan u20 are ok

Niall_Quinn
08-07-2013, 06:35 PM

Thauvin doesn't have as impressive an injury record. Nobody does.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-07-2013, 06:58 PM
So in summary, you're saying he's litttle bit shit. Yes?

Master Splinter
08-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Thauvin doesn't have as impressive an injury record. Nobody does.

Your face will.

Soon.

-Xs-
08-07-2013, 10:59 PM
However he also missed a sitter when Bahebeck (lively throughout) crossed low and Sanogo, with only the keeper to beat somehow managed to scuff 3 yards wide from about 12 yards out. His touch in general was decent, if nothing amazing, but that was a poor miss.

Sounds like he will fit right in then

Fist of Lehmann
09-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Also, contrary to popular misconception, Sanogo actually had possession of at least 2 legs.

Master Splinter
09-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Also, contrary to popular misconception, Sanogo actually had possession of at least 2 legs.

Sell him, he's fit.

Injury Time
09-07-2013, 08:33 PM

"big" boy is he?

Niall_Quinn
09-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Is he on a £70mill contract or is there still some cash left to sign someone decent?

Master Splinter
09-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Is he on a £70mill contract or is there still some cash left to sign someone decent?

Spending is not a quality.

Patience? Yes, I must say this is a quality.

There is no movement in the market.

Are we looking? We are always looking.

But footballistically, not voyeuristically.

Niall_Quinn
09-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Spending is not a quality.

Patience? Yes, I must say this is a quality.

There is no movement in the market.

Are we looking? We are always looking.

But footballistically, not voyeuristically.

In other words, you gave him the whole £70mill right?

Master Splinter
09-07-2013, 08:50 PM
In other words, you gave him the whole £70mill right?

We do not comment on undisclosed transfer fee speculation.

Mr. Lahey
09-07-2013, 09:52 PM
hes a work in progress and should be viewed as that. he obviously has talent and has been playing very well in the under 20's. i can see him being a very good player if he stays healthy and gets playing time but this is GW and there are alot of shitidiots on here who are going to take their beef with Wenger out on him which is nonsense.

Xhaka Can’t
09-07-2013, 10:04 PM
hes a work in progress and should be viewed as that. he obviously has talent and has been playing very well in the under 20's. i can see him being a very good player if he stays healthy and gets playing time but this is GW and there are alot of shitidiots on here who are going to take their beef with Wenger out on him which is nonsense.

While underwhelmed by the signing, no one here has expressed any beef against the guy.

Niall_Quinn
09-07-2013, 10:20 PM
I would like to express a beef against this guy.

GP
09-07-2013, 10:22 PM
I would also like to express his beef.

Injury Time
09-07-2013, 10:40 PM
I would also like to express his beef.

:coney:

Injury Time
09-07-2013, 10:41 PM
I would like to express a beef against this guy.
More like flogging a dead horse Shirley?

Fist of Lehmann
10-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Beefwise I am still on the fence with this one, but he can be seen tomorrow (aka today) on Eurosport when France play Ghana in the Semis, where according to Sky text info:

…reported Arsenal target Yaya Sanogo will be one to watch...

Özil's Panoramic View
10-07-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm telling y'all, if this lad stays clear of Diaby he'll definitely be one of the most feared strikers in the near future.

Only drawback is that he'll be unleashing this terror upon us decked in either a manc, citeh, or chav shirt after we've flogged him to one of them as we maintain our best run club in the world status. :scarf:

JonasTC
10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
So i watched the 2. half vs Ghana, Ghana was dominating the 2. half, so not much possesion in attack, but the few possesions he had, didnt really look good. Small passes, first touches and so on, simpel stuff that you should be able to do, he seemed to fuck up :s

Im still cool with him comming tho, it was on a free and if we can just make him decent we could probably make some money off him, or give him steroids and make him the next drogba, you never know :p He came on a free, so i dont really care. But ALOT of work needs to be done, if Wenger wishes for this guy to be good enough for the premier league.

Fist of Lehmann
12-07-2013, 10:08 PM
So i watched the 2. half vs Ghana, Ghana was dominating the 2. half, so not much possesion in attack, but the few possesions he had, didnt really look good. Small passes, first touches and so on, simpel stuff that you should be able to do, he seemed to fuck up :s

Im still cool with him comming tho, it was on a free and if we can just make him decent we could probably make some money off him, or give him steroids and make him the next drogba, you never know :p He came on a free, so i dont really care. But ALOT of work needs to be done, if Wenger wishes for this guy to be good enough for the premier league.

Yeah I think that's fair.

It's worth noting that the first half was very different from the second. France controlled it, closed down well and Ghana looked slightly overawed. During that time Sanogo was more prominent. He showed some decent link up play, particularly a neat 1-2 on the edge of the box that lead to a shot.

However, he also managed to turn the ball over 3 or 4 times, either with a heavy 1st touch or misplaced pass. None of his shots unduly troubled the keeper, one slashed wide from a difficult position, one he rolled into the keeper from the edge of the box, and one he should really have scored from about 6 yards out, but shot tamely and at the goalie.

2nd half he was just poor, his hold up play was wretched. Though not as poor as Kondogbia (another we've been linked to), who could barely find a teammate all half*. If not for Pogba, who was excellent, I think the French would have caved. Thauvin might have won them the match, but Pogba ensured they didn't lose it.

Just the final to go now before before surely a loan and/or extended period in the Reserves beckons.

*«still better than Garbage Barry»

Seaman's Ponytail
13-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Just watched the final. He's a truely awful player. Looked like a slow uncoordinated version of Adebayor. Loan him out now

PGFC
13-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Great, so we've bought Gervinho again :doh:

GP
13-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Just watched the final. He looks really good. He's quick, skilful, strong.

Can't wait to see him play for us.

PGFC
13-07-2013, 11:03 PM
:ilt:

Özim
13-07-2013, 11:06 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/what/grand/Watch-Out-We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-243.gif

Cripps_orig
13-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Just watched the final. He's a truely awful player. Looked like a slow uncoordinated version of Adebayor. Loan him out now

Sell him, he's shit

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-07-2013, 11:09 PM
how the fuck have we ended up with a one legged wannabe postman?

Cripps_orig
13-07-2013, 11:10 PM
how the fuck have we ended up with a one legged wannabe postman?

We have Wenger.

Seaman's Ponytail
14-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Great, so we've bought Gervinho again :doh:

Almost. Think Gervinho but with no pace whatsoever

Fist of Lehmann
14-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Sadly he has gotten progressively worse throughout this tournament.

He spent the overwhelming majority of the final giving the ball away, botched simple passes, botched elementary control. Just really really poor.

In conclusion, great news for everyone who hoped we'd signed a shit player.
Shitty news for everyone else.

Welcome Yaya Sanogo!

Özim
14-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Based on the final, apparently he looks really good, is quick, skilful, strong.

Cripps_orig
14-07-2013, 10:18 AM
:lol:

Injury Time
14-07-2013, 12:55 PM
According to GW he's a 4foot tall white guy, with a club foot and the touch of a rapist. He also dedicates all his goals to Phil Brown (54), as his inspiration to soldier on through the pain.

Niall_Quinn
14-07-2013, 01:10 PM
According to GW he's a 4foot tall white guy, with a club foot and the touch of a rapist. He also dedicates all his goals to Phil Brown (54), as his inspiration to soldier on through the pain.

Well I don't want him here if he's in any way connected to Phil Brown.

Niall_Quinn
14-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Is he the new Joel Campbell? Or Park or Ryo or Vela or Chamakh or Giroud and so on?

GP
14-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Is he the new Giroud?

Hope so. Quality player.

Cripps_orig
14-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Is he the new Joel Campbell? Or Park or Ryo or Vela or Chamakh or Giroud and so on?

Dear god some shockers there

McNamara That Ghost...
14-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Already winning trophies since joining Arsenal. :scarf:

GP
18-07-2013, 02:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPdqKuSCEAMyF7c.jpg

LDG
18-07-2013, 02:43 PM

Injury Time
18-07-2013, 06:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPdqKuSCEAMyF7c.jpg

When someone said he had a chocolate right foot that's not what I expected to see O.o

GP
18-07-2013, 06:51 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0qoox2Ref1qm37qco1_250.gif

LDG
30-07-2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/1000x793/jul_13/zp_175296488_SM_4994_8_9C8F5B3_6549.jpg

:bow:

Cripps_orig
30-07-2013, 03:32 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/1000x793/jul_13/zp_175296488_SM_4994_8_9C8F5B3_6549.jpg

:bow:which one is he?

Özil's Panoramic View
30-07-2013, 03:36 PM
which one is he?

LDG
30-07-2013, 04:01 PM
which one is he?

The one in the middle of Walcott and Chamakh

GP
30-07-2013, 04:08 PM

Master Splinter
30-07-2013, 05:17 PM

Xhaka Can’t
30-07-2013, 07:26 PM

Niall_Quinn
31-07-2013, 06:33 PM
So, I suppose it's time to focus in on our big summer signing. I think if this guy turns out to be the next Henry and scores 35 goals this coming season we could be right in the title hunt.

Here he is in action. Welcome to Arsenal!

http://youtu.be/SCl62Imowkw

Nayan
08-08-2013, 01:44 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/french-striker-yaya-sanogo-joins-club

Welcome Yaya!

whoopy fucking do. congrats Birmingham city - make some room for your new loanee

selassie
28-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Anybody else worried this boy is effectively deputy to Giroud at the moment? The boy isn't ready, looks way too raw.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Looks like another gangly type of player.

Wenget loves those.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Looked completely out of his depth last night

Power n Glory
28-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Helped get us the 2nd goal. Thought he looked tidy with the passing. Give him time. As long as moves don't constantly break down when he's on the ball, we should be fine.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2013, 12:45 PM
its far too early to judge him after he has played about 45 minutes for us in total. granted, he didnt look taht great so far, but give him some time to settle.

the last player taht everyone said was shit, had written off etc etc, has put in 3 MOTM displays so far this seaosn, and scored twice last night. lets not write off sonogo just yet.

Özim
28-08-2013, 12:46 PM
If we'd signed him from Real or Chelsea this guy would be a 50-100 million pound player.

Özim
28-08-2013, 12:47 PM
I particularly liked his shot from outside the area late on.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-08-2013, 12:55 PM
its far too early to judge him after he has played about 45 minutes for us in total. granted, he didnt look taht great so far, but give him some time to settle.

the last player taht everyone said was shit, had written off etc etc, has put in 3 MOTM displays so far this seaosn, and scored twice last night. lets not write off sonogo just yet.

Tbf, Rambo showed little flashes of being awesome in his pre-injury stint.

This one is a League 2 pub teamer. Add to that a crock that was on the verge of giving up football to self actualize as a post man. Luckily for him, he's tall, black, French, unknown, a crock, nobody else wanted him, has youth on his side and most importantly free, so was definitely a Must Get.

Our player now, though, so I wish him best regards same as every other player that wears our shirt.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Tbf, Rambo showed little flashes of being awesome in his pre-injury stint.

This one is a League 2 pub teamer. Add to that a crock that was on the verge of giving up football to self actualize as a post man. Luckily for him, he's tall, black, French, unknown, a crock, nobody else wanted him, has youth on his side and most importantly free, so was definitely a Must Get.

Our player now, though, so I wish him best regards same as every other player that wears our shirt.

that is true about ramsey, but sonogo looked quite good in the U20 world cup earlier this summer. from his first two appearances, there isnt much to write home about so far, but i just dont see hte point in writing him off already. in 6 months time, we have a better understanding of him, but also, look at jack, theo, ramsey, gibbs, kos etc, all have become very good players right now, but took a bit of time to get there.

i feel sorry for the guy, hes come in as the only signing (not his fault) and the fans are not happy and now the fans want him to be the next henry this season. its clearly not his fault, yet too much pressure is on him. he might become world class, he might be dogshit. we wont know taht now, if he wears the shirt, give him all the support you can.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Not sure how you justify saying there is too much pressure on him. Not like he's been thrown in as our main striker. All the fans are demanding is that he shows some sign that he's worthy of wearing the shirt, which isn't unreasonable to ask by any stretch of the imagination.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Yes, it's tough on him that the greedy bastards who run the place have put the spotlight on him as the only signing. But ultimately this is just another player who may help us maintain our also-ran status rather than push us on to compete. Nothing to get excited about here, just more of the same. Not the player's fault at all, wish him well but expect nothing remarkable.

Power n Glory
28-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes, it's tough on him that the greedy bastards who run the place have put the spotlight on him as the only signing. But ultimately this is just another player who may help us maintain our also-ran status rather than push us on to compete. Nothing to get excited about here, just more of the same. Not the player's fault at all, wish him well but expect nothing remarkable.

Yeah, even if fit it doesn't look like he'll be that special player we're looking for.

selassie
28-08-2013, 01:23 PM
i feel sorry for the guy, hes come in as the only signing (not his fault) and the fans are not happy and now the fans want him to be the next henry this season. its clearly not his fault, yet too much pressure is on him. he might become world class, he might be dogshit. we wont know taht now, if he wears the shirt, give him all the support you can.

This, it was really my point, not about wanting him to immediately be the next Henry, but that he's been thrown in at the deep end unneccessarily.

He should be phased in gradually, that's what we should be doing with our youth, not developing them via game time in the first team!

If we feel fail to strengthen the squad any further...fans could really get on his back if he doesn't produce the goods, not his fault..but he'll most likely become a victim of the system.

LDG
28-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Was getting in the right positions last night, making the right runs.

Looked very nervous to start with, which is expected.

Don't think we can judge him properly until he's had a string of appearances under his belt.

The Emirates Gallactico
28-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Haven't been impressed myself.

Seems a bit of a headless chicken at the moment. I think the best we can hope for is another Adebayor in a couple of year if he does develop.

Power n Glory
28-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Haven't been impressed myself.

Seems a bit of a headless chicken at the moment. I think the best we can hope for is another Adebayor in a couple of year if he does develop.

Headless chicken? How so? He's not a midfield player chasing shadows while the opposition pass rings around him. If he's moving a lot and making runs but not getting the ball, that's more of service problem. A lot of strikers have large periods without touching the ball and he did contribute to the second goal with some nice one touch play.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Good luck to the guy but would have preferred Higuain. I think Higuain might have more effectively backed up the claim we are a club looking to win trophies rather than rape fans. Sanago hasn't completely dispelled that idea.

Penguin
28-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Despite Sanogo's stature he doesn't have the hold up play that Giroud does. As soon as Giroud went off we struggled to keep the ball in the final third longer than 10 seconds at a time.

We're fucked if he gets injured - get in a striker ASAP

Power n Glory
28-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Despite Sanogo's stature he doesn't have the hold up play that Giroud does. As soon as Giroud went off we struggled to keep the ball in the final third longer than 10 seconds at a time.

We're fucked if he gets injured - get in a striker ASAP

He helped set up the 2nd goal. Giroud loses the ball in the final third a lot and it's mainly down to bad touches.

Özim
28-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Good luck to the guy but would have preferred Higuain. I think Higuain might have more effectively backed up the claim we are a club looking to win trophies rather than rape fans. Sanago hasn't completely dispelled that idea.
Pretty much, not his fault of course but if he doesn't perform it's not the fans fault either and they're entitled to vent their feelings.

He's a kid, who basically should be nowhere near the 1st team, no surprise he looks out of his depth really his level is 2nd division (and he wasn't even really good enough for that it seems).

I'd spend my time feeling sorry for him but he's probably earning 15-20k a week, so I'll save my sympathies for the homeless and hungry instead.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Genuinely fee sorry for the guy.

He's nowhere near ready for top level football but cos of our managements inability to get actual players in, Sanogos transfer has been highlighted 100 times more than it would have had we signed some quality as well.

Penguin
28-08-2013, 06:48 PM
He helped set up the 2nd goal. Giroud loses the ball in the final third a lot and it's mainly down to bad touches.

Just watched the goal again, he played two pretty simple passes in that move, nothing special. Tbh that goal was just poor defending from fenerbahce.

As selassie said, Sanogo needs to be phased into the team and with Podolski out we only have one established striker.

Power n Glory
28-08-2013, 07:10 PM
That's simple but effective hold up play which is what you said he struggles to in comparison to Giroud. A bad touch or heavy pass would have have messed up the whole move and we've seen it happen with other strikers.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Name: Yaya Sanogo
Position: Striker
Move: Auxerre to Arsenal for free at end of contract
French football writer Matthew Spiro: Capturing Yaya Sanogo on a free from Auxerre could prove a masterstroke by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger if the precocious Frenchman avoids injuries.
The tall, powerful attacker first caught Wenger's eye when starring for France Under-19s three years ago.
The Gunners, and a host of other top clubs, sent scouts to see the 17-year-old make his Auxerre debut in May 2010. Sanogo impressed, but suffered a horrific double leg fracture five months later.
That injury, and the knee problems that followed, sidelined him for two years.
Ready to quit and seek employment at the post office, only the steady flow of text messages from Hatem Ben Arfa and Abou Diaby prevented him.
Wenger never forgot Sanogo's raw ability. When the fit-again Frenchman scored four in 17 minutes for Auxerre against Laval earlier this year, he made his move.
Wenger did well to act early. Sanogo top-scored for France as they won the Under-20 World Cup in July.
The big question now is: can he stay fit?

Good to see Diaby sorting out some company for himself on the treatment table

Kano
04-09-2013, 04:34 PM
apparently diaby is ready to destroy the prem...

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/diaby-i-ll-come-back-to-a-good-level?utm_source=arsenalprss.co.uk&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=arsenalprss.co.uk

JonasTC
04-09-2013, 04:37 PM
apparently diaby is ready to destroy the prem...

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/diaby-i-ll-come-back-to-a-good-level?utm_source=arsenalprss.co.uk&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=arsenalprss.co.uk

We can only hope, he's been a beast the few times he has actually been match fit... And he kicked racist cunt in the face.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Won't last more than 2 games