PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sherwood the Muppet and other Aston Villa shit

Cripps_orig
08-07-2013, 10:03 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23236667

Thoughts, Rors?

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Well he got "Bentekkers" on his new home shirt. So probably not too happy.

Syn
09-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Saw somebody wearing an Arsenal shirt with van Persie on the back the other day. Usually I lol just LOL at grown men with replica shirts with names on the back. And MOe wears the club shop. But "Bentekkers" would be worth it. Because even though everyone else would think you're a dick, you'd know you're doing the right thing, and they would eventually begrudingly accept you for it.

GP
09-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Would 'Artekkers' be acceptable?

Niall_Quinn
09-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Would 'Artekkers' be acceptable?

Yes.

GP
09-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Thank god.

Master Splinter
09-07-2013, 08:26 PM
What muppetry has Lambo exhibited?

Niall_Quinn
09-07-2013, 08:33 PM
What muppetry has Lambo exhibited?

It's prophetic.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Tottenham are to offer Aston Villa the choice of Benoit Assou-Ekotto, 29, Scott Parker, 32, Jake Livermore, 23, or Tom Huddlestone, 26, along with £20m in exchange for their 22-year-old Belgium international striker Christian Benteke.

If that's true and giving it is an excerpt from the Sun it probably is not, Levy really is the devil. And BSP. :lol:

Only good enough to be a makeweight.

Niall_Quinn
12-07-2013, 10:23 AM
If that's true and giving it is an excerpt from the Sun it probably is not, Levy really is the devil. And BSP. :lol:

First time I read it I thought he was offering all of them. Now that would have been spectacular but no club is dumb enough to take them all.

LDG
12-07-2013, 10:42 AM

Huddlestone is more of a makeweight tbf.

A maketonne, if you will.

GP
12-07-2013, 10:44 AM
More like Sesame Street!

LDG
12-07-2013, 10:47 AM
More like Sesame Street!

Fuckin LOL

Big Bird
Tom Huddlestone
Cookie Monster
Niall Quinn

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Huddlestone is more of a makeweight tbf.

A maketonne, if you will.

http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/Gp/pillsbury-doughboy-del0311-lg.jpg

Rors
12-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Can't get too annoyed at Benteke really. He wasn't exactly out of contract when we signed him, so talk of "ee shud be loyaall" is somewhat wide of the mark. The specific Tottenham link is utterly hysterical though.

Rors
12-07-2013, 06:12 PM
How about a Clive Allen/Kenny Sansom when you sign Higuain? :tiphat:

GP
12-07-2013, 06:14 PM
How about a Clive Allen/Kenny Sansom when you sign Higuain? :tiphat:

You'll take Chamakh and like it :angry:

Rors
12-07-2013, 06:15 PM
You'll take Chamakh and like it :angry:

Sounds about right :(

Niall_Quinn
12-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Sounds about right :(

We can haggle over whether you like it or not, as long as you take him.

Cripps_orig
18-07-2013, 01:03 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5019701/Christian-Benteke-heading-for-explosive-Paul-Lambert-showdown.html

Bomb squad?

Cripps_orig
19-07-2013, 05:01 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23383683

:doh:

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2013, 05:36 PM
I want to leave Aston villa. - bentekke two weeks ago.

Spurs only club to show interest.

I am delighted to sign a new contract with villa.

Spurs :haha:

Kano
19-07-2013, 05:58 PM
with every day that passes i hate this game more and more

Master Splinter
19-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Twitter had spread news that Spurs were on the verge of signing Benteke.

The news was incorrect.

Niall_Quinn
19-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Twitter had spread news that Spurs were on the verge of signing Benteke.

The news was incorrect.

People may lose confidence in Twitter over this.

Rors
19-07-2013, 08:09 PM
We look incredibly weak over this. Pleased to still have him for at least one more season of course (until "Post World Cup sell-on value" kicks in... :rolleyes: ), but the way it has been done leaves a very sour taste.

Kano
19-07-2013, 11:26 PM
We look incredibly weak over this. Pleased to still have him for at least one more season of course (until "Post World Cup sell-on value" kicks in... :rolleyes: ), but the way it has been done leaves a very sour taste.
what can you do? the perception is always against the club (although let's not pretend they are angels when the time is right).

sell and you're a push over for the player/agent/big club/right price. don't sell and you're a push over for the player/agent getting paid before they do you next year and up sticks. its absolutely fucking rotten. we've allowed ourselves to be done several times. utd will be over rooney because common sense will prevail over making money whilst they can.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-07-2013, 02:04 AM
I want to leave Aston villa. - bentekke two weeks ago.

Spurs only club to show interest.

I am delighted to sign a new contract with villa.

Spurs :haha:

Spurs. :haha:

Who'd want to play for that shower?

Rors
20-07-2013, 08:26 AM
what can you do? the perception is always against the club (although let's not pretend they are angels when the time is right).

sell and you're a push over for the player/agent/big club/right price. don't sell and you're a push over for the player/agent getting paid before they do you next year and up sticks. its absolutely fucking rotten. we've allowed ourselves to be done several times. utd will be over rooney because common sense will prevail over making money whilst they can.

Bosman has a lot to answer for. His seemingly honourable intentions have allowed contracts to become utterly meaningless for anything other than new signing-on fees for newly inked ones virtually every season.

I still think the only reason Benteke stayed is because nobody came in for him -I know he was linked with you guys but I never believed that for a second, and Spuds didn't actually make a bid - and his agent recommended a cut of losses. Depressing, but ah well. I'll be there for the Liverpool game, and watching him like a hawk, a hawk I tell you.

Niall_Quinn
20-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Got to start treating agents the same way the Tories treat unions. Agents are evil.

Got to start treating Tories the same way we ought to be treating agents.

Kano
22-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Bosman has a lot to answer for. His seemingly honourable intentions have allowed contracts to become utterly meaningless for anything other than new signing-on fees for newly inked ones virtually every season.

I still think the only reason Benteke stayed is because nobody came in for him -I know he was linked with you guys but I never believed that for a second, and Spuds didn't actually make a bid - and his agent recommended a cut of losses. Depressing, but ah well. I'll be there for the Liverpool game, and watching him like a hawk, a hawk I tell you.
what bosman revealed was the real truth behind the scenes. a vast majority of players were never loyal because of their undying love for the club but merely because the clubs held all the cards. pretty much like any other employee. now it's turned full circle and the clubs haven't replaced the role of 'suffering' players once did, it has now landed onto our laps. the dirty horrible truth. very much like how xfactor completely destroyed any romance that existed for kids with romantic notions of the pop world.

i think you're right that no-one came in for benteke, probably because no club was willing to take that sort of a plunge after one season. the really depressing thing is you'll be there to watch and watch him closely. yet, he can play like a turd for 38 games and still flutter off over the horizon come next summer leaving a stinking turd of a memory in the fans minds, not giving a toss.

Cripps_orig
22-07-2013, 10:00 PM
We should have taken the plunge for Benteke.

As you say, he's only done it for a season but that's never stopped us before. Giroud did f all before top scoring in France and he's much older.

Benteke is younger and better already.

But I'd rather Suarez tbh

Özim
22-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Simple solution, if a player wants to leave and he's under contract let him rot in the reserves he'll soon change his mind like Tevez.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Jores Okore (Aston Villa - bought from Nordsjaelland)
Villa will hope there's no repeat of centre-back Okore's dozy behaviour during his medical - the 21-year-old Dane fell asleep while having an MRI scan despite the presence of a TV crew filming his transfer.
Find out more (Birmingham Mail)

:lol:

Cripps_orig
06-09-2013, 04:53 PM
PREMIER LEAGUE UPDATE
Bit of news from back in the Premier League - Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has been fined £8,000 for media comments made after the game against Chelsea.

Lambert was furious that Branislav Ivanovic wasn't sent off for an elbow and said: "In big moments, in big games, you have got to call them right. I thought it was two big moments that went unpunished.

"I am not going to stand here and get into trouble..."

Yes, yes you are Paul...

Same he couldn't have Anthony Taylor again tbh

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Why has he been fined for that? Can't you say anything about the cunts who run this game and their crappy refs?

Cripps_orig
06-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Think the FA were pissed off at him for making any comments seeing as one of their refs won him the game just a few days earlier v us

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Think the FA were pissed off at him for making any comments seeing as one of their refs won him the game just a few days earlier v us

Right, he's been done for ingratitude? Fair enough, apologies for jumping to conclusions about the cunts who run this game and their crappy refs.

Rors
09-09-2013, 08:30 PM
"You can't say anything these days can you?"

Niall_Quinn
09-09-2013, 08:57 PM
"You can't say anything these days can you?"

It's political correctness gone mad. You can't even have an electric fire in the bath any more in case some Pakistani sees it.

http://youtu.be/bmsV1TuESrc

Master Splinter
16-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Okore ruled out for the season, basically:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3460414,00.html

Poor guy.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Villa and Danish defenders. :(

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Sacked.

Niall_Quinn
11-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Sacked.

Get fackin 'Arry in!

Marc Overmars
11-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Well overdue, he was little bit shit.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Sherwood in.

Xhaka Can’t
11-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Wenger in!

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Sherwood the Muppet and other Villa Shit it is then...

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2015, 02:30 PM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/838/311/hi-res-7b2faba02eced97d4b570c45ba4747c9_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2015, 02:31 PM
I'll be on cliché watch again. :bow:

Master Splinter
14-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Villa :haha:.

He'll probably get the honest young lads up for it for a few games and they'll run through a brick wall for the gaffer with great desire and passion and 110% effort but he'll be put on gardening leave early next season before they swoop for a Pulis or Fat Sam.

AFC Leveller
15-02-2015, 08:32 AM
How has this chav suddenly become the favourite for every PL manager's job? He was a shit player is a shit manager who knows fuck all apart from "passion, desire and some fucking passion".

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Why sack Lambert and go for this rookie?

Tom Fox :haha:

Randy :haha:

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Why sack Lambert and go for this rookie?

Tom Fox :haha:

Randy :haha:

Money.

Villa fans are pissed. Pissed enough to stop paying the entrance money? Not worth taking the risk. Get another face in, insist he needs some time, milk the fans to the end of the season and then use the transfer window to get them in for the next season and the next false dawn. It's not personal, just business.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-02-2015, 12:09 PM
I know but is he really good enough? It's a huge risk.

If they were gonna sack Lambert they should be looking at someone far better than Sherwood surely.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2015, 01:16 PM
I know but is he really good enough? It's a huge risk.

If they were gonna sack Lambert they should be looking at someone far better than Sherwood surely.

Do the guys in charge know anything about football beyond the business aspect? It says on Sherwood's CV he managed the spuds. Maybe that's all it takes. It also suggests they hadn't been thinking about sacking Lambert in advance. Otherwise they probably would have somebody decent lined up. This has all the hallmarks of a kneejerk, emergency action designed to placate the critics. Incompetents at the helm, they must be or else a big club like Villa wouldn't be struggling year after year.