PDA

View Full Version : Former Players Views

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Power n Glory
29-02-2012, 05:20 PM
No idea why people are arguing against Ian Wright's opinion on this. I think he knows what he's talking about and notices the character traits of someone that could be a lethal striker. It's worth you guys reading player interviews and how they feel about being played out of position.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 05:55 PM
How they feel and how effective they'll actually be are two different things. I think this idea he plays on the 'wing' is a bit confusing anyway because he, nor are any of our attackers are fixed to a position, especially as RVP is very much a false 9 at times.

I also feel running from the inside towards the centrebacks on a diagonal is far more likely to allow him the space he needs to run in to then fronting up a centreback and charging at them in the middle, centrebacks just need to stand their ground then. And if he really wants to be played through the middle then he has to take his chances more often, like the one he struck against Vorm in the Swansea game in particular.

If we have the misfortune of RVP being out at all, then it's worth a try because the next alternative is Chakma but I wouldn't want us to lose the effectiveness RVP clearly does give us by putting Theo up there with him, for most of the time.

Power n Glory
29-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Coming in from a diagonal wide angle restricts your options. In most cases, you will have to hit it across the keeper and when your right footed you can't bend it around the keeper. Look at Theo's first shot on goal which narrowly missed. Struck well, plenty of power, beats the keeper but it bends just wide. How many times have we seen that happen with Theo? If he's coming in from the left, that shot would tuck in much like Henry's first goal for us this season. Coming in on your good foot at that angle makes a world of difference to a strikers confidence.

Take Ade for example. Terrible first touch, poor left foot, pretty average at finishing, missed a lot of sitters but had some pace, power and when coming in from the right, he'd just bend it around the keeper and hit it low. He was predictable with his finishing. Would never attempt a chip or go near post, just low and bend it around the keeper and that's what he was talking about when he said he discovered the art to finishing. Henry told him to aim for the far post and he does it all the time and the angle usually works in his favour. Knowing that gave him super confidence. If Wenger had tried to get him to always finish on his weaker foot his confidence in front of goal would have been shot to pieces. It's the same for any player coming in on their weaker foot. We've seen Wilshere pass up the chance to shoot with his right and RVP used to do it all the time. If Theo played on the left side, I think his strike rate would improve by far. He'd probably go for more long range belters as well. It makes a difference. Just watch how other players react when on their weaker foot.

We shouldn't change the formation for Theo, but we don't suit this formation, or at least, we're playing players that don't. Ramsey shouldn't be at the hub of our attack. I like what Alan Davis said on the Tuesday club last week and he summed it up perfectly. We should play Rosicky there or forget it.

People keep saying being played out of position doesn't make a difference but play Rosicky on the wings and see how ineffective he'd be. There are numerous examples of this and Rosicky is a versatile midfielder. Theo is a limited striker. That's not always a bad thing. We need that direct approach sometimes. He's terrible on the flanks. Not saying he's be world class there, but could he be any worse than Chamakh or Park? Adebayor was shocking at finishing , had the touch of a rapist and zero intelligence when it came to timing of runs but he was able to score 30 goals for us in one season. I think Theo has a lot more going for him compared to the other strikers I mentioned and I agree with Wright on this one.

Kano
29-02-2012, 07:05 PM
No idea why people are arguing against Ian Wright's opinion on this. I think he knows what he's talking about and notices the character traits of someone that could be a lethal striker.
didn't bergkamp say that rvp is no number 9 and would do better player deeper?

selassie
29-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Despite his antics on Sunday in the 2nd half Theodore still looks like a bench player to me. Saying that he may improve and become more effective for the team once Sir Jack comes back into the team and starting threading those killer balls through to him on a regular basis.

Theodore thrives on excellent service that much is clear.

Power n Glory
29-02-2012, 08:30 PM
didn't bergkamp say that rvp is no number 9 and would do better player deeper?

Can you understand why Bergkamp would make that argument for RVP?

Kano
29-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Can you understand why Bergkamp would make that argument for RVP?

of course everyone can.

but to suggest he would better than the position that has given him 50 goals in 12 months is not the sign of a man who is correct.

Power n Glory
29-02-2012, 09:24 PM
of course everyone can.

but to suggest he would better than the position that has given him 50 goals in 12 months is not the sign of a man who is correct.

Would it be crazy to suggest that team as a whole would probably benefit from him playing in a deeper role? I think Dennis was looking at the team as whole.

IBK
29-02-2012, 10:22 PM
I think Theo is booed because more than any other Arsenal player (it used to be Arshavin) he epitomises our frustrating team. When he is good he suddenly looks world class but much of the time he looks like he doesn't have a clue what he is supposed to be doing (relatively speaking). We are used to seeing world class. now we are seeing the fine margins between talent and genius.

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 10:25 PM
The high profile move to us and the World Cup debacle killed his rep.

LDG
29-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Coming in from a diagonal wide angle restricts your options. In most cases, you will have to hit it across the keeper and when your right footed you can't bend it around the keeper. Look at Theo's first shot on goal which narrowly missed. Struck well, plenty of power, beats the keeper but it bends just wide. How many times have we seen that happen with Theo? If he's coming in from the left, that shot would tuck in much like Henry's first goal for us this season. Coming in on your good foot at that angle makes a world of difference to a strikers confidence.

Take Ade for example. Terrible first touch, poor left foot, pretty average at finishing, missed a lot of sitters but had some pace, power and when coming in from the right, he'd just bend it around the keeper and hit it low. He was predictable with his finishing. Would never attempt a chip or go near post, just low and bend it around the keeper and that's what he was talking about when he said he discovered the art to finishing. Henry told him to aim for the far post and he does it all the time and the angle usually works in his favour. Knowing that gave him super confidence. If Wenger had tried to get him to always finish on his weaker foot his confidence in front of goal would have been shot to pieces. It's the same for any player coming in on their weaker foot. We've seen Wilshere pass up the chance to shoot with his right and RVP used to do it all the time. If Theo played on the left side, I think his strike rate would improve by far. He'd probably go for more long range belters as well. It makes a difference. Just watch how other players react when on their weaker foot.

We shouldn't change the formation for Theo, but we don't suit this formation, or at least, we're playing players that don't. Ramsey shouldn't be at the hub of our attack. I like what Alan Davis said on the Tuesday club last week and he summed it up perfectly. We should play Rosicky there or forget it.

People keep saying being played out of position doesn't make a difference but play Rosicky on the wings and see how ineffective he'd be. There are numerous examples of this and Rosicky is a versatile midfielder. Theo is a limited striker. That's not always a bad thing. We need that direct approach sometimes. He's terrible on the flanks. Not saying he's be world class there, but could he be any worse than Chamakh or Park? Adebayor was shocking at finishing , had the touch of a rapist and zero intelligence when it came to timing of runs but he was able to score 30 goals for us in one season. I think Theo has a lot more going for him compared to the other strikers I mentioned and I agree with Wright on this one.

I agree with that Theo on the left thing. Think it would suit him better....but depends on whether Arsene is asking him to get beyond the fullback, in true Arsenal cutback stylee....in which case he'd be more fucked than he currently is trying to beat a defender.

I think him hanging on the shoulder of the fullback, on his inside is where he's dangerous, as Maccy said. But that also relies heavily on us bing in front in a game, so that the opposition are pushed further forward.

I just think he's a Wrighty type of player, I guess. Instinct player, but he doesn't possess the thing Wright did, which was this niggly, cheeky, spiteful, predatory and angry personality. Theo's too nice most of the time.

Kano
29-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Would it be crazy to suggest that team as a whole would probably benefit from him playing in a deeper role? I think Dennis was looking at the team as whole.
not crazy but not a lot of sense either. rvp is displaying the talent that everyone believed he had - the type that you build a team around his strengths.

it would be crazy be to suggest that a successful team couldn't be built around what we see now.

i don't want to keep moving away from the theo discussion. the point was that even the best might not always have the best ideas, like wright. i easily concede that these guys know more about actually performing the role on the pitch, but not every student becomes a great teacher.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 10:38 PM

The difference is, when Theo has scored, it's usually running in from the angle I mention. Also most don't have Theo's pace nor acceleration, I sometimes think even Theo forgets it. The very fact he has that asset means that sure his options might not be plentiful but the one option he has is on more often than not because there isn't as much time for the goalkeeper to get set, to cover the angle. You mention the one he missed but his second goal against Tottenham was very similar to that one missed. However if you maintain it would be better on the left, well then he'd be in the mirrored position and without being 'played up front' (and to be fair in your defence I am particularly thinking of the goal against Shakthar when he has come in on that angle on the left), though that just goes to prove our front three have license to go elsewhere!

And I said he's worth trying as the next option 'up front' but not when RVP is already there.

Letters
29-02-2012, 10:40 PM
The high profile move to us and the World Cup debacle killed his rep.

I think that's what created his rep.
What has slowly killed it is years of slow progress or sometimes regression.

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 10:51 PM
He doesn't benefit from GHEL protection. He can have a half decent game and won't get any recognition for it because no one seems to rate him outside Arsenal.

Serves him right anyway, he should have spent his teens spitting at cab drivers and rolling out of nightclubs at 4am. That's where you earn your stripes in this sport if you're English.

The little posh boy fanny, now he's doomed himself.

Letters
29-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I bet he uses hankies like all the cool kids do :cool:

LDG
29-02-2012, 10:53 PM
I bet he uses hankies like all the cool kids do :cool:

I bet he even has a spare fleece.

Letters
29-02-2012, 10:55 PM
:lol:

Anyway!

I don't care what other people think of him. What I care about is whether he delivers for Arsenal. Sometimes he does, just not often enough.

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I bet he even has a spare fleece.

I bet it's a North Face fleece as well.

LDG
29-02-2012, 10:56 PM
I bet it's a North Face fleece as well.

Letters :bow:

Other mountain climbers :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Your posting is shit. Sort it out.

Typical Png because he don't agree with you has to insult you. End off the day Walvott is just not talented and would never play stiker in any of the top 5 teams simply because he is not better then any striker in the prem. He has been with us 6/7 years and has not improved nout do do with where he is being played.

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Walvott. :bow:

Walvy. :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
29-02-2012, 11:01 PM
just watching adam johnson in the first half of england game, why cant theo do what he does? take his men on at pace, runs at them and goes past. i know johnson is more skilled but if theo could cross, and do what johnson did in taking his man on he owuld get good crosses in and hopefully someone will be on the end it.

second half theo was great, shame we only see it once every ten games and first half theo for the other nine games

LDG
29-02-2012, 11:02 PM
:ilt:

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Walvott. :bow:

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I think that's what created his rep.
What has slowly killed it is years of slow progress or sometimes regression.

No being english was with a bit of pace and skill. If he was foreign no way he be this hyped as a wonder kid.

I wanna say he has so much pressure on him but when i see AOC play it seems to be more then that.

Xhaka Can’t
29-02-2012, 11:09 PM
No being english was with a bit of pace and skill. If he was foreign no way he be this hyped as a wonder kid.

I wanna say he has so much pressure on him but when i see AOC play it seems to be more then that.

Lolwott?

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 11:09 PM
just watching adam johnson in the first half of england game, why cant theo do what he does? take his men on at pace, runs at them and goes past. i know johnson is more skilled but if theo could cross, and do what johnson did in taking his man on he owuld get good crosses in and hopefully someone will be on the end it.

second half theo was great, shame we only see it once every ten games and first half theo for the other nine games

Natural ability. Theo's acceleration and ability to sprint is his only asset. I've never seen him do a stepover or turn a marker inside out in the same way Johnson can because, well, he can't. He has the same style of play now as when he was 16 and that won't ever change.

LDG
29-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Lolwott?

That's alwful :sulk:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Walvy. :bow:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47079000/jpg/_47079535_wolfie512.jpg

:unsure:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Lolwott?

He was meant to be the next big thing in England even better the Rooney some said. That for me was what created his rep/hype or what you want to call it.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Natural ability. Theo's acceleration and ability to sprint is his only asset. I've never seen him do a stepover or turn a marker inside out in the same way Johnson can because, well, he can't. He has the same style of play now as when he was 16 and that won't ever change.

Yep swap him with Dwain Chambers and you'd see the same result tbh.

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Dewayne. :bow:

LDG
29-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Dewayne. :bow:

Dat reeeet, Dewayne Rooney maaan.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 11:20 PM
He was meant to be the next big thing in England even better the Rooney some said. That for me was what created his rep/hype or what you want to call it.Hypuation?

Power n Glory
29-02-2012, 11:37 PM
The difference is, when Theo has scored, it's usually running in from the angle I mention. Also most don't have Theo's pace nor acceleration, I sometimes think even Theo forgets it. The very fact he has that asset means that sure his options might not be plentiful but the one option he has is on more often than not because there isn't as much time for the goalkeeper to get set, to cover the angle. You mention the one he missed but his second goal against Tottenham was very similar to that one missed. However if you maintain it would be better on the left, well then he'd be in the mirrored position and without being 'played up front' (and to be fair in your defence I am particularly thinking of the goal against Shakthar when he has come in on that angle on the left), though that just goes to prove our front three have license to go elsewhere!

And I said he's worth trying as the next option 'up front' but not when RVP is already there.

The second goal he scored leaves no room for error. He hit it with the laces and it was like the goal that burst a net last season. You get no bend on of those shots and have to get the power and accuracy to get it under the keeper and on target. It's a much harder finish. Plus, it also helps that he wasn't coming in from such a wide angle. He was a little closer to the centre that time.

Power n Glory
29-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Typical Png because he don't agree with you has to insult you. End off the day Walvott is just not talented and would never play stiker in any of the top 5 teams simply because he is not better then any striker in the prem. He has been with us 6/7 years and has not improved nout do do with where he is being played.

You will be going on the ignore list because your a waste of time.

LDG
29-02-2012, 11:40 PM

Xhaka Can’t
29-02-2012, 11:40 PM

You're.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-02-2012, 11:52 PM

Truth hurt does it.

Power n Glory
29-02-2012, 11:55 PM
You're.

Thanks GB. Just so there are no misunderstandings.

Coney
01-03-2012, 12:41 AM
You're.

So's you're face.

Power n Glory
01-03-2012, 08:31 AM
I agree with that Theo on the left thing. Think it would suit him better....but depends on whether Arsene is asking him to get beyond the fullback, in true Arsenal cutback stylee....in which case he'd be more fucked than he currently is trying to beat a defender.

I think him hanging on the shoulder of the fullback, on his inside is where he's dangerous, as Maccy said. But that also relies heavily on us bing in front in a game, so that the opposition are pushed further forward.

I just think he's a Wrighty type of player, I guess. Instinct player, but he doesn't possess the thing Wright did, which was this niggly, cheeky, spiteful, predatory and angry personality. Theo's too nice most of the time.

Recently, he's been playing off the shoulder of his defender a lot and playing that far up means he's not getting involved in carrying the ball forward and Sagna has to push up high to try and support him but it's a dangerous tactic. If we lose the ball in that area, Sagna is exposed and Theo is way too far forward to cover. It looks like a strategy from Wenger because when Sagna was out injured, Theo would play deeper and get involved in carrying the ball forward.

I see what Wenger is trying to do but it won't work. He's trying to get Theo playing like Ljunberg, who was great at making good runs behind defenders and not really a typical pace dribbler winger. But we don't have the players for Theo to play a game where we can only depend on his off the ball movement, pace and finishing from the wings. We'd need more playmakers on the field or a really good attacking wingback that is comfortable on the ball and creating chances. That is unlikely to happen.

We should either play a system where an off the shoulder striker can florish or drop Theo. We really can't afford to carry him in tight games. He doesn't do much from the wings when playing so far forward and he didn't do much against Spurs until he was fed two really good passes. Playing deep, he doesn't do much either cause he can't beat his man on a consistent rate. Theo should actually move on for the sake of his own rep and confidence if Wenger keeps playing him there. Doesn't benefit us or him.

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Robin van Persie's ability to reinvent himself as a striker shows what a great player he is, according to Dennis Bergkamp.

Arsenal's original Dutch master has been watching his compatriot from afar while fulfilling his duties as a first-team coach at Ajax. And he admits it's been impossible to ignore Van Persie in the wake of his incredible scoring run.

Bergkamp's successor as Arsenal's No 10 scored a club record 35 top-flight goals in 2011 and has plundered 29 in all competitions this season. It's easy to forget that Van Persie has completed just two campaigns as a centre forward and Bergkamp has been hugely impressed by his ability to adapt.

"He has been playing in a role which is very difficult," Bergkamp told the Official Arsenal Magazine.

"I think it’s easier for a guy like Robin or me to play behind the striker, and feed the main striker and sometimes get the space to do your own thing. But basically he is the one up front who has to make a difference, which puts a lot of pressure on him, but it seems like he can deal with it.

"It seems he can make the difference time after time and in my opinion that describes a great player. It’s fantastic how he has developed himself, and players like that deserve trophies. So I honestly hope that comes soon, because his character and style of play is fantastic."

Bergkamp was something of a mentor for Van Persie while the younger Dutchman was finding his feet at Highbury following his move to London in 2004. And he always expected the 28-year-old to become a major player - because he took advice on board.

"As soon as he trained with us you could see his potential," recalled Bergkamp. "He seemed free, he played with a lot of freedom. You could see immediately he was a very talented player.

"I got to know him a bit, obviously with us both being Dutch, so I tried to help him with a few things. You could really tell that he’s a good person, a good lad, and totally the opposite to the stories that were coming out of Holland at the time about him.

"They said he was a difficult character, wouldn’t listen to experienced players and so on, but he was a great example of a player making the right move at the right time. He joined a settled team with a lot of big players, and from day one he respected those players and listened to them, and I think that helped him a lot."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-van-persie-reinvention-proves-he-s-a-great-

Could have put this in the RVP thread but its a former player plus i remember there was a post or 2 about Bergkamp and RVP on here from last night

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Sevilla's Jose Antonio Reyes has revealed the "happy memories" he holds of Arsenal, insisting that he still follows the club’s results.

The 28-year-old was signed by Arsene Wenger in 2004 and went on to score 16 Premier League goals in his 3 years with the north London outfit.

Going on to have spells with, among others, Real Madrid and Sevilla, the midfielder hailed his time with the Gunners, admitting that, while it was a big step-up in his career, the experience was one to remember.

“I have nothing but positive and happy memories of that time,” Reyes told the official Arsenal Magazine.

“I follow their matches whenever I have time and I always hope the best for them.

“At the time I joined it was really exciting, one of those experiences where you pinch yourself to make sure it’s actually happening to you.

"It was a big step to take at that time but my family and girlfriend supported me a lot.

“I have to say that everybody was very, very helpful, and not just the players and the staff at the Club. I found the people in England to be very kind.”

The former Atletico Madrid man also reflected on his involvement in the 'Invincibles' season, where Arsenal finished the 2003-04 Premier League campaign unbeaten, admitting that at the time he didn't acknowledge the achievement.

He added: “I did not realise it so much at the time but after the job was done I started to realise that I, we, were part of football history and that we had written ourselves into the history books.

“I think all of us who were part of it treasure that particular season. The intensity of the emotions was incredible.

“At times like that, you feel proud and self-confident. You feel you are doing a good job. You feel happy, you feel strong. And you feel you took the right step in your career.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/01/2939055/reyes-i-cherish-my-arsenal-experience-and-still-follow-their

Reyes :bow:

Should have kept him

Dog Toffee
01-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Reyes was so fucking class when we bought him. if Wengeritis is true (which it isnt) then he suffered the worst (which he didnt).

Marc Overmars
01-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Talented player, shame he was a pussy.

Master Splinter
01-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Reyes had the ability of Ronaldo/Pires/Henry.

Shame he had the balls of Marouane Walcott.

LDG
01-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Marouane Walcott.

Kano
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
if Wengeritis is true (which it isnt) then he suffered the worst (which he didnt).

so er, that means what?

Letters
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/01/2939055/reyes-i-cherish-my-arsenal-experience-and-still-follow-their

Should have kept him

Yeah. 18 goals in 156 league games for various clubs since he left us including a whopping 0 so far this season.

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Im sure he'd have been a better player had he stayed than he is right now

Ollie the Optimist
01-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Im sure he'd have been a better player had he stayed than he is right now

he would have been had there not been off field problems. think his relationship was damaged with henry over the racism thing and the radio hoax proved he didnt have the heart. his head was turned and that was it. no one elses fault bar his

Coney
01-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Reyes was so fucking class when we bought him. if Wengeritis is true (which it isnt) then he suffered the worst (which he didnt).

If that was a point, which it wasn't then it would have mattered. However, since it doesn't, we can focus on the fact that Reyes turned into a bag of pooh because he missed his mummy and wanted to go back to Spain.

Xhaka Can’t
01-03-2012, 06:00 PM
He was never the same after he was kicked and fouled all over the park by Neville while the ref just watched, laughed and gave a penalty for a Rooney dive.

Dog Toffee
01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
so er, that means what?

It means your a ****.

Power n Glory
01-03-2012, 07:10 PM
He was never the same after he was kicked and fouled all over the park by Neville while the ref just watched, laughed and gave a penalty for a Rooney dive.

Yeah, he lost it after that game. Never understood why Wenger didn't push him up front to play with Henry. He had a good left foot on him and still remember the Chelsea goals during the Invincible season. He started playing there and then Wenger switched him to the left flank and defenders were always wiping him out on the touch line.

Can't understand why Wenger was even playing a left footer down that side when we traditionally play a right footer there like Overmars and Petit. Oh well. He's done nothing since leaving and he was young when he left us. Can't really blame Wenger for his downfall on this one. He's done nothing since leaving and should be in his prime now.

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 07:13 PM
He won Real Madrid the league in 2007 tbh

Power n Glory
01-03-2012, 07:21 PM
But he's never gone on to have that career we all hoped for. He was tipped to be one of the best players in Spain and it hasn't happened.

Kano
01-03-2012, 07:39 PM
It means your a ****.

no need to cry because you can't explain yourself in simple english.

Cripps_orig
07-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Former Arsenal striker Tony Woodcock is hoping the Gunners’ Champions League heroics will galvanise them to show they are battlers rather than bottlers in their pursuit of a coveted top-four place in the Premier League.

Woodcock saw Arsenal’s Champions League hopes ended in nerve-jangling fashion by AC Milan at the Emirates but he is hoping that the 3-0 win inflicted on the Italian giants will inspire Arsene Wenger’s team in the closing stages of the domestic campaign.

Arsenal are currently fourth place in the Premier League standings, just four points behind arch-rivals Tottenham, and Woodcock is hoping Wenger’s charges will use the AC Milan game as the platform to prove their doubters wrong and ensure Champions League football returns to the Emirates next season.

“From an Arsenal perspective you have to hope that the AC Milan win will have galvanised the club,” Woodcock told Goal.com.

“I would hate to think it has taken too much out of them. I would like to think it has galvanised them to say to themselves 'right, we can perform better than we have for parts of the season and it is now time to really put our bodies on the line and push for the finishing post'.

“There are question marks about Arsenal as the end of the season approaches. There are questions over Arsenal’s ability to really dig in and I am hoping that the last three wins – including the clean sheet against AC Milan, which was very important – will really focus their minds as the end of the season nears.

“It would be nice to see Arsenal end the season on a high rather than allowing the season to fizzle out in a pretty disappointing fashion as has happened in the last two years.

“They might not be able to get their hands on a trophy, but the win over AC Milan should focus their minds on the importance of bringing Champions League football back to the Emirates next season.”

Arsenal face Newcastle on Monday night at the Emirates but their tails will be up following wins against Tottenham, Liverpool and AC Milan which came on the back of a 4-0 defeat by the Serie A side in Italy and a 2-0 FA Cup defeat by Sunderland.

“Three weeks ago it was all doom and gloom and let’s get rid of Arsene Wenger,” Woodcock added. “It just shows why good managers refuse to go over the top in the good times and in the bad times. You need to have substance there so you can see what is happening at a club.

“They are in fourth spot at the moment and I would like to think there will be some determination to hang on to the place. I am sure that Chelsea would love to be where Arsenal are at the moment and Tottenham are just four points above their local rivals. Now we are coming to the end of the season it is about results rather than style and there is a lot of work to be done.”

“Two or three weeks ago the press were questioning Arsene Wenger and now things have all turned around with them beating Tottenham, Liverpool and almost creating a bit of Champions League history against AC Milan.

“Arsenal is a very stable club. They have always been in good hands and the club is run well as a business. The ups and downs will not be interesting the powers-that-be at Arsenal.

“I am sure that they know that there is work to be done to challenge Manchester United and Manchester City, having said that, in the last two seasons with six games to go they have had it in their own hands to be champions but they let things slip.

“Of course they need to improve and of course they need one or two players but they will know all that and will be completely aware of what is needed moving forward.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/07/2951868/ac-milan-heroics-should-inspire-arsenal-to-show-they-are

Cripps_orig
07-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Former Arsenal manager Bruce Rioch believes Arsene Wenger will convince Robin van Persie to stay at the Emirates because he will learn from the departure of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

Rioch, who preceded Wenger as Arsenal manager, is certain that the Frenchman will do his utmost to keep the Dutch international this summer and is bullish about his prospects of persuading him to commit his long-term future to the Premier League club.

Van Persie, who has scored 31 goals this season, is out of contract next year and has put off talks over a new deal but despite the growing uncertainty Rioch is backing Wenger to keep him at the Emirates and avoid a repeat of last summer’s transfer activity that saw key figures Fabregas and Nasri leave the club.

“They lost their key player in Fabregas and to a certain extent Nasri which sent a signal out and it is not a very good signal when you lose your best players,” Rioch told Goal.com.

“It may have happened at Manchester United with Wayne Rooney but it was dealt with swiftly and effectively to keep him at the club and the impact it has had at the club as been terrific.

“The dilemma for Arsene is not just adding to the team and re-building it but hanging on to Van Persie. That is one of the greatest dilemmas that he faces.

“But Arsene is the sort of manager who is always learning and he will want to make sure the mistakes of last summer are not repeated. He will do his utmost to keep Van Persie and I would back Arsene to convince him to stay on.”

The 28-year-old Van Persie, who is rumoured to be interesting Manchester City, has proved to be a talismanic figure since taking the captain’s armband from Fabregas.

Arsenal are on the brink of elimination from this year’s Champions League as they prepare to face AC Milan on Tuesday night in North London, attempting to overcome a four-goal deficit.

However, Van Persie’s goals have kept Arsenal on course to qualify for next season’s competition by virtue of a top-four place in the Premier League and Rioch believes that replacing him would cost an astronomical amount.

“The great Arsenal team that Arsene had some years ago of Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, [Marc] Overmars, [Robert] Pires, [Fredrik] Ljungberg, [Sylvain] Wiltord, [Patrick] Vieira and [Emmanuel] Petit – can you imagine how much each of those players would cost today to purchase,” Rioch added.

“Thierry Henry in his prime would be at least £50 million and Vieira would be £30-40m , Petit £30m, Bergkamp £40m. And they don’t have that revenue to spend on players that are going to cost that amount of money.

“Unfortunately that is how people are measuring the club – by the great players that they had in the past but they are just so expensive to bring in now and finding a replacement for Van Persie would cost the earth.

“Therefore over the years he has had to buy carefully and develop and go for potential rather than ready-made in some cases and of course you pay the cost for that and the cost is that although they have been in the Champions League every season they haven’t won a trophy.

“Along the way you lose your best players such as Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri and now they have the scenario with Robin van Persie so it is a difficult scenario but I think Arsene will have a strategy to make sure things work out well on this one.”

Rioch, who heralded a new era at Arsenal when he brought Bergkamp to the club, believes that bringing in a new striker could help Wenger get Van Persie to stay put.

“Arsene had a difficult period at the start of the season, he came through that but it is evident that they need another goalscorer,” Rioch continued.

“You can’t rely on Van Persie to be the sole provider of goals at your club. You need more. That is one of the key areas that they haven’t resolved.

“They brought in Gervinho and [Marouane] Chamakh but they haven’t actually produced the goals that are necessary. Theo Walcott hasn’t produced the goals that I thought he was capable of. They lack sufficient goal-threat.

"You can’t depend on one player for that. It is not enough at the top level. You have to have more than one. That is one area that needs to be put right.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/06/2948892/wenger-will-convince-van-persie-to-stay-at-arsenal-former

Cripps_orig
07-03-2012, 09:50 PM
YES, Arsenal were brilliant. People were off their seats as they nearly pulled off a miracle.

But it will count for nothing if the Gunners are not playing in the Champions League next season and don't bring in players in the summer to support Robin van Persie.

When you see Arsenal play like that at home, against an AC Milan side I reckon could still do well in the competition, it just makes the way they capitulated in the first leg harder to take.

Of course the boys put up a brave effort, but they just left themselves too much to do. It's such a sad way to go out.

Milan are one of those teams that if you have a go at them they have a few shrinking violets — and that's what we saw last night.

I would have gone there and kept it tight. If it had been 2-0 I would have fancied us. It's so frustrating because we are not a million miles away.

We just have to look at it and hope we qualify for the Champions League next year.

And if Arsene Wenger spends a couple of quid, buys some quality players, we can have a proper tilt at it.

Top four is of paramount importance now. One of the directors said the other day fifth place would not be a disaster.

Maybe. But you cannot keep someone like Van Persie if you are going to be offering the Europa League.

And great efforts like last night's are all very well, but Arsenal need to be playing in these sort of games again next season.

Everybody, not just me, knows the club need to bring in a couple of players. It would be a lot to ask Van Persie to once again take on the burden of this season.

He needs help. So that Arsenal can have a real go at the Premier League and the Champions League.

Whatever Arsenal do, you can bet Manchester City will be strengthening their squad. Chelsea will have to, Liverpool, Spurs, Manchester United — all Arsenal's rivals — will be stronger, so they must be, too.

Let's look on the bright side. Arsenal now look like a completely different team to the one which lost so badly in Milan and went out of the FA Cup to Sunderland. Winning can become a habit, just like losing can, and the Gunners have to build on this.

Confidence is an amazing thing. People expect Arsenal to win more games than they lose, so when you have a bad run or a poor result everyone is going to point the finger.

I have faith in Wenger and come the summer there will be a couple of good signings and Arsenal can really go for it.

Because last night showed what they can do — and what they could do.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4177018/Arsenal-3-AC-Milan-0-Ian-Wrights-big-match-verdict.html

Another great Wrighty article.

Other than having faith in Wenger.

Cripps_orig
10-03-2012, 02:50 AM
CESC FABREGAS has urged Arsenal fans to keep their faith in Arsene Wenger.

The former Gunners skipper, who left for Barcelona last summer, knows that the supporters' patience has been stretched to the limit by a seventh successive season without a trophy.

And he is also aware of the growing fears that star striker Robin van Persie could soon follow him through the Emirates exit in search of greater glory.

Yet Fabregas is adamant things WILL turn around for Arsenal and says no one should doubt the man who propelled him to stardom.

The Spanish international said: "Arsenal have great players, great fans and a great manager. They'll turn it around. There is no point to keep comparing the team to the Invincibles. That will not get you anywhere.

"Some very important players like Jack Wilshere, Thomas Vermaelen, Bacary Sagna and Abou Diaby have been injured for a long time and so they have to be patient.

"I still have a huge affection for the club and it definitely makes me sad whenever I see them lose. But Arsene Wenger knows the club and players and will turn it around. Being a manager is a very difficult job and you are always criticised when things don't go well.

"But that happens at every club in the world and I have the perfect example of that at Barcelona, where the team has won something like 15 of the last 17 trophies yet people are now upset because this season we are second in the League to Real Madrid.

"In Spain there is 1,000 times more pressure on the manager.

"In England the fans will give the boss time and remember what he has done in the years before. In Spain they don't even remember what you have done last week. It's crazy."

Fabregas, 24, spent eight years at Arsenal but won only a single FA Cup in 2005 before his £29million move to the Nou Camp. Yet he denies it was the lack of silverware which drove him away.

"It was a very difficult and very personal decision for me," he says.

"I didn't leave because I was unhappy or wanted more money. I just wanted to play for the club I'd loved since I was very little.

"I was at Arsenal for eight years and always gave it the best I could. But then I had the chance to join Barcelona and took it.

"If it wasn't Barcelona, I would have stayed at Arsenal. For sure. It's not just about winning trophies or not. Every club has seasons when it doesn't go your way.

"When I was little, Barcelona went five years without anything and it seemed like the end of the world. Now it seems they are the best team in the world. Football changes quickly. Arsenal will be back to the top soon."

Fabregas is still in contact with his old team-mates and tries to watch their TV games.

He revealed: "I spoke to Mr Wenger a few months ago when I went back to see everyone at London Colney and I said something to him for his birthday.

"I still have my house in London and friends so I come back as often as I can.

"Some people see me and say 'Come back to Arsenal' and others 'Go back to Barcelona'. There are always opinions for everything.

"But once you make a decision the most important thing is to be happy with it yourself. My last season at Arsenal was very difficult because I kept picking up injuries.

"I definitely regret playing at Barcelona in the Champions League last season because I was injured for 50 or 60 minutes and maybe if I hadn't done that we might have gone through.

"But I felt that I wanted to help the team on so many occasions and some of the time it didn't work."

While Arsenal went out of the Champions League to AC Milan this week, Fabregas was part of the Barca team who thrashed Bayer Leverkusen 10-2 on aggregate. The Spanish champions are hot favourites to lift the European Cup again in May as English clubs struggle to make any impact.

Fabregas said: "It was definitely a surprise when Manchester United went out in the group stage.

"But this is just one season out of many successful ones. If it happened for many years then you could say the balance of power has shifted. But not yet.

"In any case, Chelsea could still make it through to the quarter-finals."

Fabregas has already won the UEFA Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup, FIFA World Club Cup and is in the final of the Copa Del Rey with Barca. Not bad in just seven months.

But he says simply winning trophies is not enough. He said: "A lot of English fans wouldn't like the way we play because we maintain possession and maybe they don't have this patience to keep the ball.

"But what makes this club so special is that just winning is not enough. You must win in style. If you hit the ball high in the air from the centre-back to Leo Messi, they would not like that."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4184164/Cesc-Fabregas-Wengers-a-great-manager-with-great-players-He-WILL-turn-it-around.html

**** needs to STFU and concentrate on being Reals bitch

Xhaka Can’t
10-03-2012, 12:11 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4184164/Cesc-Fabregas-Wengers-a-great-manager-with-great-players-He-WILL-turn-it-around.html

**** needs to STFU and concentrate on being Reals bitch

Mourinho's the bitch whenever they meet.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Mourinho's the bitch whenever they meet.

:haha: Been that way for agess too.

Cripps_orig
12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
ROBIN VAN PERSIE must be Arsenal's top signing this summer — according to Ray Parlour.

Gunners legend Parlour reckons his old side simply HAVE to keep the free-scoring Dutchman at the Emirates.

And he insists Arsene Wenger should pay whatever it takes to ensure Van Persie, 28, commits his long-term future to the club.

Van Persie sits atop the Premier League scoring charts with an incredible 25 goals already this season.

But he is out of contract in June 2013 and has so far refused to discuss terms over a new deal.

Arsenal boss Wenger is prepared to let Van Persie run his contract down but Parlour reckons there is no chance the club's board will allow him to leave for free.

Parlour, who won three Premier League titles with Arsenal, said: "For me, the biggest signing they can make this summer is Robin van Persie.

"He's in a very strong position with one year left on his contract. Arsenal can't afford to let him go on a free transfer, so they couldn't keep him for a season.

"He'd be a massive loss if he left but if he doesn't sign a new deal this summer, they'll have to make a decision to sell him."

Arsenal have agreed an £11million fee with Cologne which will see German star Lukas Podolski join the club this summer as Wenger looks to beef up his attacking options.

But after losing Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas last summer for big money, Gunners fans are worried that Podolski is being lined up as a replacement for Van Persie — rather than a partner for him.

Parlour added: "For me, you need both of them.

"If you want to challenge the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City you need quality strikers. If they can keep both of them, it could be vital.

"They ran out of steam against AC Milan in the Champions League and they didn't have the impact players on the bench.

"Marouane Chamakh and Chu-Young Park — are they good enough to play on a regular basis?

"Podolski's experienced but not too old. At 26, you're in the prime of your career. He's played in big games.

"It's an opportunity for him to come to the Premier League and really turn it on next season."

But Parlour has urged Wenger to spend BIG on a host of new recruits in order to boost Arsenal's chances of success next season.

He reckons the North Londoners are in need of "four or five" new players and earmarked a replacement for Andrey Arshavin and a new defender as priorities.

But with Jack Wilshere expected to return from injury soon and the emergence of teenage star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parlour predicts a bright future for his old club.

He said: "It's exciting. With Wilshere coming back and four or five players added in the summer as well, it could be a really good season for Arsenal next year.

"Oxlade-Chamberlain has been an absolute revelation for Arsenal.

"Next season will be tougher but he's a great young player and I would play him in centre-midfield.

"He's a bit different to Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey so that nucleus of youngsters is very important to Arsenal's future.

"I would take him to the Euros. I was surprised he wasn't in the last England squad against Holland.

"It's good to bed these players in now so in the World Cup 2014, he would be used to being an England player. I would definitely put him in now."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4189779/Arsenal-must-convince-Robin-van-Persie-to-sign-new-deal-says-Ray-Parlour.html

Cripps_orig
13-03-2012, 07:03 PM
THEO WALCOTT should be given a new contract as soon as possible — according to Arsenal legend Ian Wright.

Man-of-the-match Walcott was back to his best in the thrilling 2-1 win over the Newcastle at the Emirates last night, setting up both goals including Thomas Vermaelen's 95th-minute winner.

The England winger's present deal is up at the end of next season and Wrighty reckons Arsene Wenger should get his act together and sign him up.

Wrighty said: "We're talking about a 22-year-old England player. I'm very excited about him, he's fantastic.

"People say he's not consistent enough but I think the only reason why that is is because right-wing is not his natural position.

"I think he's a striker who runs on to things and getting in between central defenders he would cause havoc.

"It's paramount that they sign him up and get it done quickly. He's going to be an England player for many years to come so the sooner they sort him out, the better."

Arsenal once again had to come from behind as Hatem Ben Arfa's superb individual goal put the Toon in front after 14 minutes.

But just 53 seconds later Robin van Persie levelled things up before Vermaelen poked home in the last minute of stoppage time to seal a dramatic victory for Wenger's men.

Wrighty was speaking at the Absolute Radio Rock 'n' Roll Football Lads' Night In event with Club Wembley raising funds to support The Prince's Trust.

The Prince's Trust has worked with 65 Premier League and Football League clubs to deliver programmes for disadvantage young people, with more than three in four of those helped moving into work, education and training.

Over the past 15 years, The Trust's Football Initiative has used the appeal of the game and the practical support of professional football clubs to help disadvantaged young people turn their lives around.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4191468/Ian-Wright-Arsenal-must-give-Theo-Walcott-a-new-contract-now.html

Wrighty :bow:

Cripps_orig
13-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Arsenal (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/94/arsenal) legend Ian Wright has backed his former side to pip north London rivals Tottenham (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/105/tottenham) to third spot in the Premier League (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league).

Spurs had looked favourites to finish third after opening up a 10-point gap on the their neighbours but a slump in form has seen Arsene Wenger’s side close to within just a single point, and the former Gunners hero believes that Arsenal’s superior mentality could prove vital.

"This is where their squad's going to be tested and this is what I say to the Tottenham fans," Wright told Absolute Radio.

"You just have to wait and watch them get reeled in because even Manchester City, with the money they've spent and everything, are getting reeled in.

"Tottenham are having a great season, but the fact is they don't know how it is to finish it off at this stage, which is the problem they're going to have now. They lost against Everton, they got murdered against Arsenal and lost to Manchester United.

"When you pull that many points back, it gives Arsenal more than a good chance of finishing above Tottenham.

"Arsenal know how to finish the season and stay in that top four, while Spurs are still finding out what it is like to be in there, stay in there and the pressure of having to win games.

"I think Arsenal know that and it has just been good to stay close enough to get the points where they can and now we're one point behind and right amongst them. I think we can finish third, no problem."

Arsenal are 8/1 with Paddy Power to win their next Premier League match 2-1 against Everton. (http://ff.connextra.com/PaddyPower/selector/click?client=PaddyPower&placement=Goal_seedings)

Wright also questioned why Spurs boss Harry Redknapp would want to walk away from his position at White Hart Lane to fill the England vacancy, adding: "Harry's got a lot of the journalists where he wants them so he's kind of sweet with everybody.

"But if England don't play well in respect of the tactics and that, they'll turn on Harry just like they'll turn on anyone.

"It's a nightmare job and, of course, it's meant to be the job you aspire to as a manager.

"It's meant to be a job you take at 60 or 65, of course it is, but why would you want to take that kind of job at 65? It's just health problems nowadays, Harry's had problems recently, what does he want that job for?"

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/13/2964644/ian-wright-backs-arsenal-to-pip-tottenham-to-third-spot

W (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/13/2964644/ian-wright-backs-arsenal-to-pip-tottenham-to-third-spot)righty :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-03-2012, 07:28 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4191468/Ian-Wright-Arsenal-must-give-Theo-Walcott-a-new-contract-now.html

Nah wait till the end of the season tbh.

Cripps_orig
15-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Perry Groves believes that Arsenal’s record-breaking run of form proves they have the spirit and resilience to succeed at the highest level.

Arsène Wenger’s side have come from behind to win their past four games and now lie just one point behind third-placed Tottenham in the Premier League table.

Groves says this hot streak will have increased the squad’s self-belief, something they must harness to achieve their future goals.

“I have been impressed with their spirit. They are the first team in Premier League history to come back in four games to win, and that shows the spirit is there,” he told Arsenal.com at a Show Racism the Red Card event at Emirates Stadium.

“The resilience is back after the disappointing results against AC Milan [in the first leg] and Sunderland. They are playing the Arsenal way and they have that bit of belief.

“The target right now is to finish in front of Spurs. If you had said that three or four weeks ago, when they were 10 points behind them, it looked unlikely. Now I think it is very likely if you look at our fixtures.

“This group needs to win a trophy and that gives you even more belief. In the team I was privileged to be part of in 1987, Arsenal hadn't won a trophy for eight years.

“We won the Littlewoods Cup and that instilled belief in the players, the fans and the whole Club that we could win trophies, so that is the next step.”

Groves sees plenty of reasons for optimism when examining the Arsenal squad.

“Robin van Persie gives everyone confidence with his goals,” he said. “Tomas Rosicky seems to have that hunger and desire. When we were two down against Spurs it was him who dragged the team up by its bootstraps and drove them forward.

“Wojciech Szczesny in goal has stature and a physical presence, and for someone so young and learning his trade, he is well on his way to becoming a world-class keeper. You can tell that he instills confidence in the defence.

“Laurent Koscielny has been one of our most improved players. He has been excellent at bringing the ball out from the back, and that is Arsène's way.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/groves-the-spirit-and-resilience-is-there

Speaks sense in saying we need to win that first trophy. Might open the door for others

LDG
15-03-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/campbell-arsenal-s-boldness-is-paying-off

Spot fucking on

Sol :bow:

And people ridiculted me for critisising Sir Chesney and Bendtner etc when they went out after losses.

No. But I'll ridicult your tardish spelling instead :pal:

Syn
15-03-2012, 03:19 PM
'Knuckling down' doesn't mean converting to Islam. They can go out and enjoy a pint if they want. They're human. It's irrational to expect them to be working on their game 24 hours a day. Bob Wilson was always championing Szczesny for his attitude and performances in training.

Cripps_orig
16-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Arsenal legend Theirry Henry has backed Gunners starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to enjoy a long and illustrious career at Emirates Stadium.

The Frenchman witnessed the 18-year-old winger in action during his short spell on loan at his former club from New York Red Bullsearlier this year and was impressed by what he saw.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has drawn comparisons with fellow Arsenalwinger Theo Walcott but Henry insists he is a unique player and has tipped him for success with the Gunners.

He told The Red Bulletin: "Alex Chamberlain is really good.

"He reminds me of himself and no-one else. He is writing his own story.

"I hope he will remain at Arsenal for a long time and he could forge a career we will never forget."

Questioned on Oxlade-Chamberlain's chances of making the England squad for Euro 2012, Henry added: "I don't know. You'd have to ask the national team coach.

"All I can say is he has quality."

Henry has made no secret of the affinity he still feels with his former club but is unsure whether he will ever return for another loan stint.

"Will I come again in 2013? It happened that way in 2012, but it was not forecasted. I was a help and that was all," he said.

"The thing with Arsenal is you never really leave that club. The stadium and the players have changed, but it is a family club.

"I am not alone. It is the same with other former players. It is the impact of the club."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7596179/Henry-predicts-bright-Ox-future

Olivier's xmas twist
16-03-2012, 06:00 PM
'Knuckling down' doesn't mean converting to Islam. They can go out and enjoy a pint if they want. They're human. It's irrational to expect them to be working on their game 24 hours a day. Bob Wilson was always championing Szczesny for his attitude and performances in training.

Unless you Andy Carroll.

Ollie the Optimist
19-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Na$ri on Canal + says he was overused at Arsenal and blames the club for his injuries

what a ****

Syn
19-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Is it time to be outraged by the truth again?

Doesn't take a genius to work out our club doesn't have a clue how to limit/deal with injuries.

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2012, 08:51 PM
He isn't being overused now.

Marc Overmars
19-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Translation:

At Arsenal they always played me and made me work for my money, how dare they. At Man City I never play 90 mins and still pick up a lot of money.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-03-2012, 09:05 PM
what a ****

Overused him, he never turned up for half of last seaason.

But id take interviews like this with a pinch of salt tbh.

Coney
20-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Na$ri on Canal + says he was overused at Arsenal and blames the club for him turning lesbo

what a dike

Fixed it for you. :good:

LDG
21-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Samir Nasri. Remember him? The former Arsenal player who signed from Marseille, who didn’t do much for a couple of seasons? Come on…try harder. Had a very decent five months at the tail end of 2010, disappeared off the radar again when things got tough. No? Had his head turned by money-talk and fucked off to Manchester City to join some other mercenaries. You know the guy. Looks like a chinless Edith Piaf? Ah…there you go…

I don’t blame you for struggling to recall his ugly little face, it’s easy to forget him since he left the Emirates, as he’s pretty much given up playing football. Thankfully for young Samir it’s just as well he’s stopped all the exercise and ball games because it turns out counting money on a subs bench in Manchester actually improves you as a footballer. Who knew?

Speaking in an interview broadcast on French channel Canal Plus, Nasri has complained that his whopping 28 Premier League starts for Arsenal last season represented ‘too much’ before making clear that being a fluffer for David Silva had improved him as a player.

“We are a $quad of 24, 25 professional$, we are all international$,” he began, neglecting to mention his nation wanted nothing to do with him at the last World Cup.

“Everyone ha$ to get some playing time. Now we only have the league left to play for maybe there will be a regular $tarting eleven.

“I keep on hearing to the left and to the right that I’m not a regular $tarter at Manche$ter City. But I’m playing a lot of game$. At Arsenal I played too much. I got injured quite a few time$ becau$e I was dead.

Dead? Dead? Excuse me while I retch a little…

“I have $cored fewer goal$ than when I wa$ at Arsenal, but I don’t have the $ame role,” he continued, presumably paying lip service to the strenuous task of being a player on the pitch.

“I have to make more effort defen$ively and I am further away from the goal. I have improved.”

You have to wonder how playing fewer games, having less of an influence, looking outright mediocre and having your own manager publicly state you could do more for the team represents an improvement.

“When I joined, I expected to win title$, to fight at the top. I’m fighting for the title of English champion.

“Per$onally I wanted to improve and I think I have improved, e$pecially mentally.”

I think we can all agree that yes, Samir you are indeed improving in the mental stakes.

“For a fir$t $ea$on, I can do better,” he concluded, stating the fucking obvious.

Arseblog News recognises that the most mature course of action would be to not pay any attention to Nasri or his lamentations on the traumas of earning millions of pounds in North London. However, we’re not in the mood to be the bigger man.

Xhaka Can’t
21-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Not even JT could be a bigger man in the face of all that shite.

And he's a big man.

Coney
21-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Arseblog News recognises that the most mature course of action would be to not pay any attention to Nasri or his lamentations on the traumas of earning millions of pounds in North London. However, we’re not in the mood to be the bigger man.

Cripps_orig
27-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Former Arsenal player Nigel Winterburn believes that increased confidence is playing a key part in the spectacular run of form currently being enjoyed by his old side.

The Gunners have won their last seven Premier League matches to climb above local rivals Tottenham into third spot as they look to secure Champions League qualification, with four of those wins coming after they had fallen behind in the match.

Winterburn thinks that the players will now feel almost unbeatable and is hopeful that they can finish the season strongly before challenging for silverware next season.

“Confidence plays a big part when you are on a good run of form,” he told the club's official website.

“You just never think you are going to lose, even when you go a goal behind. You always have the belief that you will come back and that the minimum you will get is a draw.

“I think it is sometimes hard for the supporters to understand how big a part confidence plays in a player. You need great mental strength as well and I think the team has showed that."

After some poor results earlier in the season, things were looking dire for the Gunners, who briefly occupied 15th position in the Premier League, but Winterburn praised the way in which the team have recovered and put together a strong run of results.

“After AC Milan [a 4-0 away defeat in the Champions League] the players were low and they would have had to dig deep because they had some severe criticism," the former left-back added.

"But recently they have shown great desire to get back into that top four and put a run of results together.

“Some supporters were angry earlier in the season because they want this great club to be challenging for trophies.

“But now the team is on a terrific run and what they need to do now is keep that going until the end of the season, make sure Champions League football is secured and then get ready to challenge next season.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/27/2995105/confidence-the-key-to-arsenal-form-nigel-winterburn

Olivier's xmas twist
28-03-2012, 10:24 AM

Nasri has complained that his whopping 28 Premier League starts for Arsenal last season represented ‘too much’ before making clear that being a fluffer for David Silva had improved him as a player.

:lol: such a tit.

Cripps_orig
28-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Emmanuel Petit has stated that sacking manager Arsene Wenger would have been “the biggest mistake” Arsenal could have made.

Until the club’s recent upturn in form, the French boss had been under increasing pressure at the Emirates with fans growing frustrated after a number of trophyless seasons and the Gunners’ woeful start to the current campaign.

Petit, who played under Wenger at Monaco before being signed by the north London club in 1997, has suggested that Arsenal would have regretted axing the 62-year-old.

"Sacking Wenger would have been the biggest mistake Arsenal could have made," said Petit at the Soccerex conference.

"He is the solution for Arsenal. He just needed to change a few things, then it would come back again.

"Arsene Wenger's contribution to the Premier League is huge. Football has changed so much in England, Arsene has been part of that.

"He is like the stone of Arsenal, if you kick him out you don't know where they will go.

"But I do hope Robin will stay. I would understand it if he left because players like him need titles on their CV.

"Arsenal have to pay the loans back but if you want to fight for titles, you need to find the right mix.

"That is why the criticism of Arsenal this season has been justified and they need to try everything they can to keep him."

However, despite his praise for his former boss, Petit has been left frustrated by the latest Arsenal resurgence, suggesting if they had found their form earlier in the season they could have been celebrating a much more successful year.

"Arsenal received huge criticism after the AC Milan disappointment," he continued.

"This affected the belief and ego of the players, which is why they came back with such a big hunger to show to everyone they were wrong.

"The performances since then have been magnificent.

"But I am disappointed as well. Why did they have to wait for the criticism to show people what they can do? I am quite frustrated because it proved they can do more."

The ex-Chelsea and Barcelona man has noted that despite Arsenal’s improved showings of late, there must be further investment at the Emirates during this summer’s transfer window.

"It always seems to be the same news. You believe Arsenal will sell their best players every year.

"I understand they don't want to be paying the same transfer fees as some clubs, it is nonsense to pay £40million for a player.

"But betting all your money on a young team? You need experienced players at some point in the season.

"Maybe this team have discovered themselves mentally now but you can't wait for outside help, you have to take your pen and write your own history."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/28/2998278/sacking-wenger-would-have-been-the-biggest-mistake-arsenal-could-

Thats just it though. He wont change a few things. He'll believe that his way is the right way regardless of how many times it fails.

Agree with everything else Petit says though

Cripps_orig
30-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit has expressed concern over whether Gunners striker Robin van Persie will remain with the club this summer.

The Dutchman has been vital to the north London side's turnaround this season, as they overcame as sluggish start to storm into third place in the Premier League, but has just over a year remaining on his contract.

Petit believes Arsenal must qualify for the Champions League, as well as prove to Van Persie that they have the potential to win trophies in the next few seasons, in order to keep him.

By the conclusion of this campaign it will have been over seven years since Arsenal last won a trophy and, at 28, Van Persie is beginning to edge towards the latter stage of his career.

The prolific forward has scored 33 goals in all competitions this season but has only won a solitary FA Cup since joining Arsenal in 2004.

Petit said: “My main worries will be that I hope Arsenal won't let him go at the end of the season because he is a class player, an international player.

“Since he's far from the injuries he can show his full potential. He is magnificent. That's why I pray for Arsenal fans and for Arsenal that he will stay at Arsenal.

“But It depends on qualification of the Champions League. It depends as well on the ambition that Arsene will show to Van Persie to stay at the club.

“For Van Persie, his talent and what he has shown this season it will be a shame for him if he cannot win a single title in his career.

“That's why I think he must think about it very carefully.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/30/3002257/emmanuel-petit-hopes-magnificent-van-persie-will-stay-at

Video of the Petit Interview on the link

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 07:27 PM
SAMIR NASRI has blasted Arsenal fans and insists Manchester City will still lift a trophy before the Gunners.

The Frenchman joined City from Arsenal in a £24million summer move claiming he would have a better chance of winning silverware at the Etihad Stadium.

He was roundly booed on his return to the Emirates on Sunday as City crashed to a defeat which ended their title dreams.

And after being goaded on Twitter after the game, Nasri posted: “I’m aware what I said about titles. I’m sure I will lift a trophy with Man City before AFC.

“And to all the Arsenal fans, move on. City are 10 points ahead of you.

“Just support your team and forget about me.”

Nasri also agreed to a £10,000 wager that City would win a trophy before Arsenal.

Gunners fan Piers Morgan challenged the midfielder to put his money where his mouth was and he responded: “No problem. We bet and the winner gives the money to charity.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4247190/Samir-Nasri-blasts-Arsenal-fans-in-Twitter-row-with-Piers-Morgan.html

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4247190/Samir-Nasri-blasts-Arsenal-fans-in-Twitter-row-with-Piers-Morgan.html

Nasri has there ever beena bigger prick then this guy to play for us. Such a money grabbing Twat.

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Nasri has there ever beena bigger prick then this guy to play for us. Such a money grabbing Twat.Cesc

Master Splinter
09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Cesc

Your best post ever tbh.

Although you spelled his name wrong.

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 08:09 PM
****escJust corrected my little mistake there

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Cesc

True dat.

bignev
09-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Cesc

:doh:

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 08:21 PM
:doh:Tbf i did correct the name afterwards

cricketsi
09-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Tbf i did correct the name afterwards

Except there's only two letters before the "e" and you forgot to delete the "sc" after it to make Ade.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Former Arsenal defender Sol Campbell insists that Arsene Wenger needs to spend in the summer in order to hold onto striker Robin van Persie.

The 28-year-old has been in inspired form for the Gunners this season, scoring 27 goals in 33 Premier League games and helping to propel them into third place in the Premier League table.

Yet Campbell insists that if Arsenal fail to bring in some fresh talent next season then Van Persie will be tempted to leave the club, particularly with other teams such as Manchester City poised to swoop for his signature.

Campbell told talkSPORT: “Van Persie’s had an unbelievable season.

"Arsenal need a few more players who want to take on the challenge, who are going to say ‘I’m going to make the difference this season’.

“If they don’t buy players he’s going to go, I think he’s going to feel there’s a lack of ambition at the club. Arsenal need a few players who can make the difference, on the field and on the bench.”

Van Persie's contract expires out at the end of the 2012-13 season with the Dutchman having placed talks over a renewal on hold until the summer.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/12/3030916/van-persie-will-leave-arsenal-if-they-fail-to-spend-this

Spot on from Sol. Dont think RVP staying will have much to do with money and more to do with who we buy and the ambition we show

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Ex-Arsenal defender Sol Campbell has queried the club's ambition and urged them to sign proven quality if they are to challenge for trophies next season.

Arsenal are set to reach the Champions League for a 15th consecutive year but their last silverware came in 2005.
"You've got to ask yourself, where are Arsenal going? Do they want to actually win anything?" he told BBC Sport.
"You can have players for the future but it is about getting players who can make a difference now."
At the beginning of the season, the Gunners were disrupted by the exits of Cesc Fabregas (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14482418) and Samir Nasri, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14654077) to Barcelona and Manchester City respectively.
Five new players arrived at the Emirates Stadium in the final two days of the summer transfer window and Arsene Wenger's side won only one of their opening seven Premier League games.
Defeat at Tottenham on 2 October (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15051273) left them in 15th place in the Premier League, but 18 wins from the next 26 matches has lifted them to third with five games remaining.
"They [the fans] are not going to accept being in a fantastic stadium and being a well-oiled machine but not winning anything," said Campbell, who played in 211 games for the Gunners and was part of the 'Invincibles' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3713537.stm)side that went through the season unbeaten en route to winning the Premier League in 2004.
"Sometimes you've got to make your season, but you can't do that if you haven't got the right players in and around the squad.
"You've got to push the boat out, swallow your pride and pay a little bit more, put a bit more on the table and get the players in.
"You need the players who are going to come in for two or three years and make the difference. It's all about the here and now."
Campbell, who joined the Gunners from Tottenham in 2001, was also in the Arsenal side that won the FA Cup in 2005, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4558271.stm) their last trophy.
He scored in the 2006 Champions League final (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4773353.stm) defeat by Barcelona before leaving for Portsmouth. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5161642.stm)
Since then, Arsenal have not failed to reach the last 16 of Europe's top club competition and again look set to qualify for the competition next season, but their trophy drought will now extend into an eighth year.
"The Champions League is great if you win it," explained Campbell, who returned to Arsenal for a second spell in 2010. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8455133.stm)
"If you don't, you've got to start again next season with no trophies in the cabinet.
"I know everybody, at the start of the season, wants to win something but you've got to have to personnel, the fire-power and also the edge.
"Arsenal have great players but with everybody fit I still don't think it's enough. They've got to get a few players who can make the difference."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17690468
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17690468)
More from Sol and spot on again

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17690468)

Letters
13-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh shut up Sol :rolleyes:

GP
13-04-2012, 12:32 PM

:gp:

Dennis Bendtner
13-04-2012, 12:54 PM

Unless he's trying to get a contract for himself, is there much particularly wrong?

At least he's thought about it. I was bored of the usual George Graham drones.

Unai Tea
13-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Sol is right of course. We have a chance now to build on a half-decent core team. The team isn't strong enough to compete for a full season in all competitions, never mind win any. But 3-5 quality players + Wilshere back and we're in the thick of everything.

The club have made the right noises in terms of bringing players in this summer but until we see those 3-5 quality players unveiled in our kit, the jury is out about whether there's enough ambition.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-04-2012, 01:08 PM

This. I meant he is not wrong, but any guy who walks out on our team like he did needs to STFU about out team and worry about himself.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 07:02 PM
The Arsenal boss also responded to comments from former Gunners defender Sol Campbell, who had accused the club of lacking ambition.

"Sol Campbell has a lot of money, his gifts are welcome," the Frenchman replied jokingly.

"If he gives us money, we will spend it, believe me.

"The best way always to give advice is to show example. Give your own money and we will spend it."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/13/3033978/wenger-arsenals-wilshere-making-slow-progress

Wenger replies to Sol

Power n Glory
13-04-2012, 07:28 PM

Funny guy. But he can't always hide behind the money excuse.

Grebbo
13-04-2012, 08:11 PM
The irony being that Sol, one of our best ever defenders and member of the Invincibles, was signed for free.

Syn
13-04-2012, 08:14 PM
The irony being that Sol, one of our best ever defenders and member of the Invincibles, was signed for free.

That's misleading because it doesn't involve wages. ;)

Grebbo
13-04-2012, 08:36 PM
That's misleading because it doesn't involve wages. ;)

I see what you did there.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-04-2012, 08:39 PM
I see what you did there.

And thats why Syn is the best at whay he does tbh.

GP
13-04-2012, 08:44 PM
And thats why Syn is the best at whay he does tbh.

Never heard an x who knows about y say a z about him.

Cripps_orig
20-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Arsenal striker Robin van Persieshould stay at the club this summer, according to former Gunners forward Tony Woodcock.

The 28-year-old, who has netted 27 goals in the Premier League this season, has been widely linked with big-money move away from north London thanks to his blistering form.

However, Woodcock, who made 131 appearances in a trophy-laden spell at the club, is adamant Van Persie can win silverware if he remains at Emirates Stadium.

“With somebody like Robin, it cannot be a financial thing at this stage in his career,” the ex-Arsenal attacker told BBC Sport.

“Players want to win things and he is not far from winning things [at Arsenal]. He has to balance that up.”

Manchester City are rumoured to be considering a bid for the striker, but Woodcock believes the financial benefits of such a transfer ought to be irrelevant for the Netherlands international.

“A few years ago, Robin had quite a few injuries and the club stuck by the player," he added.

“Now he has had an excellent season, there is all this speculation about whether he is staying or going.

“I imagine he is financially secure and he will be earning quite a lot of money if he stays with Arsenal.

“So, for the sake of earning a little bit more money somewhere else, that cannot be the motivation. The grass is not always greener somewhere else.

“Anybody who signs for Arsenal during this period is in a fantastic place. If Lukas Podolski comes I have said to the German press that, for a 26-year-old coming to play for Arsenal and live in London, and all the things that go with it, it is a fantastic opportunity.

“I would think Robin will add all of those things together too.”

The Gunners sit third in the Premier League table and are strong favourites to secure the final automatic Champions League qualification spot this season.

Woodcock, who scored 68 goals during his Arsenal career, added: “I don't like it when people add up how many years it is since Arsenal won a trophy, because they are close and not too far off it.

“This season, after a terrible start, they are in third place. If you had said in the early months: ‘Arsenal would qualify for the Champions League,’ people might not have believed it.

“If they do get into the Champions League, that would be a success, but Arsenal fans do want to win something at some point.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/20/3048860/van-persie-can-help-arsenal-win-trophies-woodcock

Cripps_orig
20-04-2012, 11:15 PM
George Graham has questioned the medical treatment given to Arsenal players after Jack Wilshere was ruled out until next season.

The young midfielder has not played for Arsenal since suffering a recurrence of an ankle injury in a friendly against New York Red Bulls on July 31.
Wilshere was initially expected to be out for around three months but has since suffered a number of setbacks and will now miss the remainder of the season, as well England’s European Championship campaign.
With Arsene Wenger also having had to deal with a number of other long-term injuries to his squad in recent seasons, Graham claims the club may be contributing to their own problems.
“You look back the last few years and look at the injuries and it is not a couple of weeks or even a month injuries that Arsenal have racked up,” said the former Gunners boss.
“You look at Robin Van Persie, this is probably the first season he is injury free. And [Tomas] Rosicky. Key players have been out for long, long periods. It is something I would have a look at, the medical side of the club.
“What sort of injuries are they? If they are contact injuries, there is not a lot you can do about it but if they are having strains and pulls they have got to have a look at that aspect of the club.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120420/exclusive-graham-questions-arsenal-medical-treatment-170242

Good to see the worst medical staff in the business being questioned

Coney
21-04-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/20/3048860/van-persie-can-help-arsenal-win-trophies-woodcock

Arsenal fans do want to win something at some point

Well, nothing gets past him then.

Cripps_orig
27-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has admitted that it would be "a dream" to one day return to the club as manager.

The New York Red Bulls forward played for the Gunners for eight years between 1999 and 2007 before leaving to sign for Barcelona. He made a dramatic return to the club this season on a short loan spell, scoring twice in the league in four appearances.

However, with the 34 year-old Frenchman now entering the twilight of his career, he has turned his attentions to life after football and the potential chance of managing his former club, when asked if he ever considered entering football management.

"You know what? I might. Now do you think I would be a good one? You can never tell," Henry told USA Today.

"I actually don't know if that would be an option. I know I will be in the game for sure. Why not? Sure."

"Everyone knows the love I have for Arsenal Football Club, so you know it goes without saying where. That's a dream."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/27/3064081/henry-eyeing-future-dream-managerial-role-at-arsenal

Would take him this summer

Marc Overmars
27-04-2012, 06:36 PM
I just don't see Henry as a manager or even a coach in any capacity.

There's just something about him, he's more of a celebrity like Beckham.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-04-2012, 06:36 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/27/3064081/henry-eyeing-future-dream-managerial-role-at-arsenal

Would take him this summer

nah give him a few more years to develop tbh, get someone like a cappello or Hindink for a few years then let him take over tbh.

Xhaka Can’t
27-04-2012, 06:50 PM
I love how much he loves our Club and I do regret not getting to any of the matches he played on his return here.

You want to know what a legend is?

Look no further than Henry.

Marc Overmars
27-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I love how much he loves our Club and I do regret not getting to any of the matches he played on his return here.

You want to know what a legend is?

Look no further than Henry.

We will never see another player like him.

Cripps_orig
27-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Saw him in the Villa Cup game where he apparently masterminded the comeback

Henry :bow:

Cripps_orig
01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Former Arsenal and Koln striker Tony Woodcock has backed Germany international Lukas Podolski to “make a big impact” at Arsenal after his move from the Bundesliga club to the Emirates was confirmed.

Woodcock is certain that the 26-year-old has the ability, the physical attributes and the experience to prosper when he arrives in England this summer after a transfer for an undisclosed fee was agreed between the two clubs.

“Lukas is a very, very good player and I am sure that he will be a success at Arsenal so the fans should be very excited at the prospect of him joining their club,” Woodcock told Goal.com.

“I am certain that he will do very well in the Premier League because of the timing. This is the perfect time for Lukas to be making the switch from German to English football and it is a great move for the club and for the player himself.

“He is only 26 but he has plenty of experience from his time with Koln, Bayern Munich and with the German national side – he has got almost 100 caps and he is still relatively young - and this is the right time for him to go to Arsenal and the right place.”

Reports suggest that Arsenal have had to pay £11 million for Podolski, who will represent his country at Euro 2012 but only after trying to steer Koln clear of relegation.

“Not only does Lukas have the ability and the experience to make a big impact in English football but he is physically robust and very quick and that will help him a lot but he also has an amazing left foot on him as well,” Woodcock added.

“His goal-scoring record is tremendous for club and country and what is so exciting about this move is that he has surely not peaked yet and that is great news for Arsenal when you are looking ahead.

“He has been at Koln almost all his career, since he was a boy, and while things might not have worked out for him at Bayern Munich when he went there, the experience should stand him in good stead for life at Arsenal and the new challenges that playing in a foreign land create.

"I am sure that he will love working under Arsene Wenger and he will be ready for a new challenge."

Arsenal havebeen criticised in some quarters for relying too much upon captain Robin van Persie for goals, but Woodcock is adamant that Podolski will help share the goal-scoring burden.

“He is good inside and outside the penalty area and will give them a lot of penetration in the attacking department and everyone who saw hkm play for Germany against England will know that,” he said.

“On top of that they will be getting a player who is left-footed and that is always welcome because it means that Lukas will bring balance to the tea- as well as more attacking bite.

“He has all the qualities that 9ou need to be a successful striker. The big question will be where do Arsenal play him? He can play down the ledt or doWn the middle bud wherever he plays I am sure he will do well and he will fit in nicely wherever Arsene Wenger decides to play him.

“I am certain that he will ennoy being at Arsenal because it is a wonferful chub. Thex might not have won a trophy foR a while buy they really are not too far off at the moment. They are third in the leaguE and with signings like Lukas Podolski dhey will be even stronger next season.

“I am not sure if0it will make any difference to whether Robin van Persie decides to extend his cnntract This summer and phe talks betweej the club and the player will continue in private. But M sincerely hope he stays.”

[url]http://ww.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/01/3061028/poeolski-will-be-a-big-hit-in-the-premier-

Cripps_orig
01-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Really ho0e Germals are immune to Wengeritis

Olivier's xmas twist
01-05-2012, 12:54 PM
YQUOTE=Ach;13201y]http://www.goal.com/en-gbonews/2896/premier-league/2012/05/01/307028/podklski-will-be-a-big-hit-an-the-p2emier-ldague-at-arsenal

Really hope he

Cripps_orig
18-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Former Arsenal striker Tony Woodcock has urged Robin van Persie to resist Manchester City’s advances and remain loyal to the Gunners.

Woodcock called on the prolific Dutch striker to stay put after his future was left in doubt following a round of talks with the Arsenal hierachy over a new £130,000-per-week three-year deal.

Italian giants Juventus have ruled out a move for Van Persie, whose contract runs out at the end of next season, leaving the Premier League champions in pole position to sign the player this summer if he chooses to leave.

“I am sure there will be plenty of takers for him if he decides to leave Arsenal but one could do a lot worse I think by going somewhere else,” Woodcock told Goal.com.

“The problem is not so much him leaving English football it is if Manchester City come and knock on the door and then we are talking about loyalty.

“A lot of times people think that the grass is greener somewhere else and they go there and they find that does not happen so there are lot of things for Robin to take into consideration.

“And having said that, let’s be honest, Arsenal have been pretty loyal. Robin has one or two injury problems over the last few years and it would be interesting to see how many games he has played for Arsenal in the past and how many goals he has scored. You don’t have to plummet it all into one season. There is a bigger picture that you have to look at.”

The 28-year-old Dutchman’s 37 goals earned him the prestigious Professional Footballers’ Association and Football Writers’ Association player of the year awards but were not enough to end the Gunners’ trophy drought.

Despite that, Woodcock believes that Van Persie should stay at Arsenal because of the stability the club offers.

“Arsenal are one of the two most stable clubs in the Premier League along with Manchester United and you just have to look at how long their managers have been there to see that,” the former England international continued.

“You have to look at the other aspects. And I am sure he will be looking into that. It can’t be a case of just going for the money. I know some players will go if you offer them more because they just want to go for the money.

"But I would like to think that top players had an attitude that it is more about the game and where I am playing then just money and the contracts I am going to sign.

“I think Arsenal are in a reasonably good position and I think that Robin knows what Arsenal have got to offer,”

“If we go back through tradition right up to modern-day football they are a good stable club that have had some great players down the years.

"The only thing that has been lacking over the last few years is actually picking up some silverware but they are not too far off doing that.

“That is particularly so when Robin seems to have got over all his injury worries and has had a very good season so far and so I am hoping this is the starting point for a number of excellent seasons at Arsenal.”

Woodcock also insisted that silverware and not money will be the motivation for Van Persie as he plots his future.

He continued: “It is always important to keep any good player at your club and to be quite honest if you look at the bigger picture and the G14 group of the top European clubs those 14 clubs are going to be looking to win trophies and that is what every top footballer wants to be doing.

“He wants to be at a great club, he wants to have a very good contract and he wants to try to win some silverware down the line. So there are only a number of clubs that you can do to in order to improve. Are they on the list? Are they on the cards? That is one question. The second question is where do I want to progress myself.

“When you speak about players likes Robin van Persie and ones who are playing at the top of the Premier League it cannot be a money factor. If these guys have got their heads screwed on right then they will be financially secure so it can not be about earning a couple of million pounds more.

"It has to be about more other significant things. It has to be about the ethos of the club. It has to be about where do I want to live. It has to be about the history of the club. It has to be about the stability of the club.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/18/3110713/it-is-time-to-repay-arsenal-for-their-loyalty-van-persie

If its down to trophies and not money, theres more chance of RVP leaving

Olivier's xmas twist
18-05-2012, 10:30 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/18/3110713/it-is-time-to-repay-arsenal-for-their-loyalty-van-persie

If its down to trophies and not money, theres more chance of RVP leaving

I don't think its not what he means. He is not saying he should not leave but if he did Go abroad rather then City.

He could win the title with Real could he not best team in the world.

RVP may want to win stuff but it does not mean he has to go to city to win them which is the point Tony was making.

LDG
18-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Woodcock :lol:

It's funny, because his name is Woodcock! Hahaahaha!!

Also.

:yawn:

Cripps_orig
19-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Former Arsenal striker John Hartson believes that if the club lost Robin van Persie in the summer, it would not be "the end of the world".

The 28-year-old Dutch international has been linked with moves all around Europe this season after a blistering campaign which saw him notch 30 league goals and win the Professional Footballers' Association and Football Writers' Association Player of the Year Awards.

However, Arsenal have now gone seven years without a trophy and Van Persie is thought to be eager to clinch some silverware before he enters the twilight of his career.

Hartson, though, believes that while Van Persie is obviously crucial to any ambitions that the club may have in the short-term, that the club would ultimately survive his departure, as they have done in the past when great players have left.

"I can see Van Persie leaving Arsenal," Hartson told talkSPORT.

"They’ve brought in Podolski and [Van Persie] might be looking at what the club does [in the transfer market] before he commits his future.

"He'll be a massive loss but they recovered when [Thierry] Henry left, they recovered when [Ian] Wright left.

"Arsenal are not a one man club and if he doesn’t want to stay, they may be better off cashing in.

"People think it will be the end of their world, but it’s not. Clubs recover."

Van Persie has been at the club since 2004, after signing from Ducth side Feyenoord and has gone on to make over 270 appearances for the club, scoring 132 goals.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/18/3111026/hartson-believes-arsenal-can-recover-even-if-van-persie

We recovered when Henry left?....when?

fakeyank
19-05-2012, 01:35 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/18/3111026/hartson-believes-arsenal-can-recover-even-if-van-persie

We won 4th place trophy and this year went one up with 3rd place trophy.. Hello! where have you been during our most successful period?! :yikes:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Did we fall to pieces and get relegated.

Cripps_orig
19-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Did we fall to pieces and get relegated.:blink:

Letters
19-05-2012, 11:18 PM
We did a lot better the season after Henry left.

Cripps_orig
19-05-2012, 11:20 PM
We did a lot better the season after Henry left.One off seasons are all good but the measure of a team is how we do season in and season out and since Henry left, we have become also rans from being the best when he was here

Marc Overmars
19-05-2012, 11:24 PM
We did a lot better the season after Henry left.

When is the Euro 2012 forum being done? Might be the only antidote for tonight.

LDG
19-05-2012, 11:25 PM
One off seasons are all good but the measure of a team is how we do season in and season out and since Henry left, we have become also rans from being the best when he was here Oh well. Arsenal were winning things before you. They'll be winning them after. They won't be winning them in the internet though. You have that title. Come on the arsenal!

Letters
19-05-2012, 11:25 PM
He left us at the end of 2006/7. We'd already had 2 trophyless seasons when he left and in his last season we finished 4th with 68 points. We've not had a worse season in the league since he left and we've scored more goals every season.
We've stagnated but that stagnation had already started by the time he left. People were predicting our decline into mid-table after he went but it never happened.

Cripps_orig
19-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Oh well. Arsenal were winning things before you. They'll be winning them after. They won't be winning them in the internet though. You have that title. Come on the arsenal!Ok :blink:

Wtf has that got to do with anything?

LDG
19-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Ok :blink:

Wtf has that got to do with anything?

You being a cock. Grow up you fat ****.

Master Splinter
19-05-2012, 11:29 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
19-05-2012, 11:30 PM

LDG :bow:

Marc Overmars
19-05-2012, 11:30 PM
You being a cock. Grow up you fat ****.

Oh yeah. You have Germany for the Euros.

You're fucked, bruv.

Cripps_orig
19-05-2012, 11:31 PM
You being a cock. Grow up you fat ****.Oh dear

Big words from the internet warrior

LDG
19-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Oh dear

Big words from the internet warrior

I'll call you a fat **** face to face if you want?

Xhaka Can’t
19-05-2012, 11:48 PM
I'll call you a fat **** face to face if you want?

He will.

I should know. :(

McNamara That Ghost...
19-05-2012, 11:51 PM

Oh yeah. You have Germany for the Euros.

You're fucked, bruv.

You have Robben.

Cripps_orig
19-05-2012, 11:51 PM
I'll call you a fat **** face to face if you want?Of course you would :console:

But tis good to see more members in the internet warrior gang

Welcome

Olivier's xmas twist
19-05-2012, 11:52 PM
You have Robben.

Their both fucked well MO is VDV and Robben :pal:

MO :rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Of course you would :console:

But tis good to see more members in the internet warrior gang

Welcome

Gang ?

Marc Overmars
19-05-2012, 11:54 PM
You have Robben.

:sick:

Coney
20-05-2012, 08:49 AM
He left us at the end of 2006/7. We'd already had 2 trophyless seasons when he left and in his last season we finished 4th with 68 points. We've not had a worse season in the league since he left and we've scored more goals every season.
We've stagnated but that stagnation had already started by the time he left. People were predicting our decline into mid-table after he went but it never happened.

Indeed. The fact is that without players like Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira and the like around him, Henry, great as he was, could not carry everything himself - he needed peers around him. And this is why I think players like Messi are sometimes overrated as individuals - although they possess undoubted skill and they are the players you would pick, without a team of good players around them, they are way less effective. RvP has been a good scorer this year but I think this has been due to the overall team showing improvement. While we have had ups and downs, I think there are signs that we have something more solid (with the likes of Arteta and improvers like Kos), Podolski will be a great addition but we need to lose ineffective dross like Chamakh, Bendtner from our books and buy some reliable players who can perform straight off the bat. We have enough learners in the team, we need a couple more solid players - not necessarily fancy names, but good solid and reliable like Arteta. The presence of players like him helping to stabilise the team and keep the younger players on course has a clear effect.

Marc Overmars
20-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Indeed. The fact is that without players like Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira and the like around him, Henry, great as he was, could not carry everything himself - he needed peers around him.

Don't know about that. He dragged us to 4th in 2006, when Pires and Bergkamp had a lesser influence. He also still averaged a 1 in 2 record in his final year before injuries took their toll and his season was cut short.

But as always when big players leave, the dynamic of the team changes and other players start to show their worth.

Cripps_orig
21-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown believes that it could take the club years to recover if they lose star striker Robin van Persie this summer.

The Dutchman scored 30 times for the north London side this season, but has just one year left on his current contract and is understood to be weighing up his future options having won just one FA Cup winner's medal during his time at the club.

And Keown says that the Gunners captain's influence and quality would be very difficult to replace.

“Arsenal are desperate for him to stay and have lost too many players in the past,” he said at a Carlsberg pub football event.

"If Van Persie were to go as well, it would take a number of years for them to recover from that."

The Netherlands international has seen former team-mates Ashley Cole, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy leave Arsenal and go on to win major trophies in recent times, but Keown feels that he might not get the same adulation elsewhere.

"It is his heart against his head," he argued.

“It would be quite refreshing if a player decides: 'This is my club, I am not going to play anywhere else and am going to show that faith and trust which was shown in me. I am going to believe in project Arsenal have'.

"It is swapping the love for him here if he goes to another club, he might find it a little bit of a difficult transition which he does not want to make."

And, despite Van Persie heading off to this summer’s Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine with his future still uncertain, Keown feels that the club and fans need to be patient and allow him to make up his mind.

"We need to give Robin time and not suffocate him," the ex-pro continued.

"Robin understands and we all understand he is very much a special player for Arsenal. The adulation and respect which he has at Arsenal, Robin has worked a footballing lifetime to get that.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/20/3115541/van-persie-departure-would-set-arsenal-back-years-keown

More sense than Hartsons article

Cripps_orig
26-05-2012, 03:08 PM
David Seaman believes Arsenal should break the bank to secure Robin Van Persie's Arsenal future.

The Gunners striker has one year left to run on his current contract and many believe Arsene Wenger will cash in on the Dutchman, instead of losing him for free next summer.
Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus have all been chasing the former Feyenoord man, with the Eastlands club believed to be in the box seat to secure his signature when the transfer window opens.
And former Highbury favourite Seaman claims the club must show more intent to retain the 28-year-old’s services, and that means offering him a bumper deal.
“Arsenal have got to do more [to keep Van Persie],” he told talkSPORT. “They’ve got to offer him a great contract.
“We’re in the Champions League now so that’s a boost for the club and hopefully that should attract more players.
“But they have to make Robin a fantastic offer that will make him stay at Arsenal.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120525/exclusive-seaman-arsenal-must-break-bank-keep-van-persie-172

Seaman :bow:

Syn
26-05-2012, 03:17 PM
He's off the radar a bit. What's he doing with his life? Doesn't he fancy sone coaching/management? Being a pundit? A full-time WUM at a highly respected arsenal messageboard?

Master Splinter
26-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Dancing On Ice world tour?

Syn
26-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Dancing On Ice world tour?

Ah of course. Forgot about his dancing shit. Another disgrace....or about par with the way things ate currently going.

Cripps_orig
29-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson has given a scathing evaluation of Gunners winger Theo Walcott, arguing that the club should look to sell him if he asks for a pay rise.

Robson, an England international in the 1980s, believes that the forward, a member of the Three Lions' squad for Euro 2012, is a liability and classes him more as an athlete than a footballer.

Walcott registered eight goals and 11 assists in 35 Premier League matches in 2011-12, but Robson is still not convinced by the former Southampton man.

He told talkSPORT: "It wouldn’t worry me if Theo Walcott were to leave tomorrow.

"Theo Walcott, for me, is not a good footballer. He is an athlete who puts on a pair of football boots.

"He is quick, he is fast, but when he was younger he should have been taught how to be better technically, how to find space, how to find awareness. He has never done that and he is a liability when he is defending.

"For Theo Walcott to want more money, I would let him go."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/29/3135241/arsenal-should-sell-walcott-if-he-asks-for-new-contract

Robson needs to STFU

Marc Overmars
29-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I have to agree, he's certainly not worth breaking the bank over. I'd be surprised if he even has the cheek to hold the club to ransom after the patience we've shown in him.

GP
29-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Theo needs to know his role and shut his mouth.

Frankly, he should be paying us for 1st team appearances.

Kano
29-05-2012, 09:54 PM
I have to agree, he's certainly not worth breaking the bank over. I'd be surprised if he even has the cheek to hold the club to ransom after the patience we've shown in him.
not worth breaking the bank over but important to keep to not add to the list of important players in our set up leaving us. that with rvp would really hurt again.

Cripps_orig
29-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I have to agree, he's certainly not worth breaking the bank over. I'd be surprised if he even has the cheek to hold the club to ransom after the patience we've shown in him.We dont know if he has asked for more money tbh.

When did he sign his current contract? 2/3 years ago?

Hes a far better player now than he was then so i dont see the problem in asking for more money if he has done in the first place

Cripps_orig
09-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Ray Parlour believes Arsene Wenger played Andrey Arshavin in the wrong position – and admits his Arsenal career is far from secure.

The midfield playmaker was in superb form on Friday night as Russia got their Euro 2012 campaign off a great start with a 4-1 win over the Czech Republic in Group A.
Arshavin, 31, has suffered a largely torrid time at the Emirates following his £16million move from Zenit St Petersburg in 2009, and he spent the last six months on loan at his former side after failing to secure a spot in Arsene Wenger’s first team.
But former Gunners favourite Parlour claims the Russian might not be completely to blame for his mixed fortunes in the Premier League.
“You could say that he was played in the wrong position at Arsenal,” Parlour told the Weekend Sports Breakfast. “Arsene Wenger’s always played him on the left hand side and he’s more of a central player.
“I’m sure Arsene will be watching and wondering why he couldn’t do that for Arsenal. He never played like that which is frustrating for the fans, Arsene Wenger and the players.”
Arshavin looked set to leave Arsenal this summer following his successful loan return to his homeland and Parlour admits his future is far from clear.
“Let’s see what happens with him,” he said. “I’m not sure whether he’ll go back to Arsenal or they’ll try and sell him.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120609/exclusive-parlour-wenger-must-share-blame-arshavin-failure-173991

As expected, Wenger to blame

Niall_Quinn
09-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Arsenal are desperate for him to stay and have lost too many players in the past,” he said at a Carlsberg pub football event.

Euro 2012 :bow:

Cripps_orig
16-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Arsenal legend Freddie Ljungberg has told his former club to open their wallets if they are to hold onto Robin Van Persie.

Ljungberg believes that a couple of top class players could persuade the Netherlands striker to sign a new deal with the club, rather than leave for pastures new.

The former Sweden International feels that the Gunners can compete for trophies again, but keeping the Dutch international will be vital to any future success.

"I think there's nothing to advise Robin, I think it's more that you have to advise Arsenal," Ljungberg told Goal.com.

"When Robin came to Arsenal we were a good team and we were winning trophies.

"I think that's what he wants to do, and I think that Arsenal maybe have to open their wallet a little bit and buy maybe two or three top, top players… not just players for the squad.

"I think that will win Robin over on whether he will stay or not, and as a fan I hope that's what he is going to do because I want to see Arsenal lift trophies again."

Ljungberg stated that the building of the Emirates Stadium prevented the Gunners from spending big in the transfer market, but believes that the club is now in a healthy financial position and should look to bring new players in.

"I know that when they built the new stadium, that took a toll on their economy and they couldn't show their muscle so much in the transfer market, so yes I think they have to [spend more] now.

"It's about competition, and a big club in a healthy situation, as they are, need to not lose players and get players in.

"That's what we did in the past when we were at Highbury and I hope we can do it again."

In recent seasons Arsenal have lost key players like Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, and the 35-year-old hopes that the North London club can hold onto key players in the future.

"In your head when a Nasri or Fabregas leave, maybe your two leading players, you don't want to see that in a club like Arsenal, you want to know your best players are definitely staying.

"If there's somebody who doesn't make the team, then they might be leaving, but not the top players. I want to get back to those ways."

When asked about coach Arsene Wenger, Ljungberg openly admitted that he is unsure of how much backing in the transfer market he has from the club's board.

And he believes that what Wenger has done with a young squad should be applauded and if money is available then experienced players should be brought in.

"I would like to hear the owners talk openly," Ljungberg continued. "Because I'm not sure he gets the money that has been talked about in the media. If he is not able to get the money to buy players, Arsene has done wonders.

"It's amazing to do what he's done with a young squad, so I don't think that should fall on him at all when he's criticised.

"If we don't know if the money is there, and the board hasn't said anything, then he has done wonders.

"But if the money will be there this summer I think it will be a good thing to get some players that will lead the young ones and who have actually won things before to be able to get that winning mentality back."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/15/3176032/ljungberg-arsenal-need-to-sign-a-couple-of-top-class-players

Boss
16-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Freddie :bow: :bow:

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Thierry Henry admitted that he might not go into football management once he hangs up his boots, despite previously expressing a desire to become a coach one day.

The New York Red Bulls star and Arsenal legend spoke with Goal.com about his future during PUMA's evoSpeed boot launch event in New York on Sunday, and although he is eager to remain in football, he has ruled out the possibility of coaching a team at present.

"The more I think about it, it's pretty difficult," Henry explained to Goal.com. "You don't think about it but you need to be a teacher [as a coach/manager]. Teaching isn't easy. Sometimes you see things yourself but how do you pass it on?

"When you know something and you're talking to someone who just doesn't get it ... that must be hard."

Last year, Henry told reporters that his dream would be to take over Arsenal after current manager Arsene Wenger retires. While he declined to specifically pinpoint what changed his mind, he stated that the daily challenges that a manager faces would be too overwhelming for him.

"It's like if I only talk to you as a boss, it's [one thing]. But you have to teach 30 players. Going through all of their temper, their character and dealing with big players ... wow," he said.

The 34-year-old Henry maintained, however, that he will pursue opportunities within the sport after he ends his playing career, but he is currently undecided on what that will be.

"Don't get me wrong, I will eventually end up coming back to the game but I don't know how," he admitted.

Henry also touched on his former France team-mate Nicolas Anelka and his decision to head to China as opposed to MLS. While Didier Drogba appears to be following Anelka to Shanghai Shenhua, Henry doesn't believe that it was necessarily a rejection of football in the United States.

"You have to respect the decision of some of the guys," said Henry. "Some of the guys that you are talking about, they've been there and done that. I don't know if you can put it down to a 'no' to MLS, I think it was just more of a choice. Nicolas, I'm sure, felt like he was more into being in China."

Henry would not speculate on Drogba's future but he claims that there are still several top players who want to join the league. He also was adamant that if he was offered a deal similar to Anelka, he would still pick New York.

"Right from the start, since I was 16, I wanted to play in New York," Henry revealed. "I called in and offered myself."

"I wanted to come here and I know a lot of players who want to come here," he added.

The all-time leading scorer for the French national team also touched briefly on his time at Arsenal.

"The experience was kind of weird," he said. "When I went there, it was like I never left."

"When I was there I played six games off the bench. It wasn't like wow or anything," he continued. "I did what I had to do which was at the time was helping them. But it was a great experience."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/06/18/3182373/thierry-henry-hints-he-will-not-become-a-manager-when-his

Wonder if hes realised how hated Wenger is now amongst true gooners and thats why hes changed his mind

Coney
18-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Wonder if hes realised how hated Wenger is now amongst true gooners and thats why hes changed his mind

Sort yourself out, mate. You used to be a good poster. :good:

GP
18-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Sort yourself out, mate. You used to be a good poster. :good:

Nah

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Fair enough. I do wonder what has changed his mind though.

Seeing the tide turning against Wenger over the last 18 months or so might have played a part.

Coney
18-06-2012, 12:57 PM

Seeing the tide turning against Wenger over the last 18 months or so might have played a part.

That, or else he is finally accepting that his project has not worked out and so he needs to lose the bad parts and change the approach.

Like winning trophies.

Kano
18-06-2012, 09:13 PM

or he has just realised that he would be a useless manager.

Niall_Quinn
18-06-2012, 09:25 PM
or he has just realised that he would be a useless manager.

Or he has first hand experience of how ****ish these overrated "wonder kids" and their wonder salaries are. Very little talent in the game compared to the past. But lots of big mouths and stuffed wallets. Who would want to be a manager these days? Especially when TV is an easy alternative.

Kano
19-06-2012, 03:04 PM
George Graham the pig...

http://gingers4limpar.com/?p=1950&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Letters
19-06-2012, 03:39 PM
George Graham the pig...

http://gingers4limpar.com/?p=1950&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Wow!

GP
19-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Wow!

I wonder how much of those transfer fees went into Graham's pocket.

Cripps_orig
19-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Limpar :lol:

Average ass player takes a dig at manager in book shocker

Letters
19-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Limpar :lol:

Average ass player takes a dig at manager in book shockerAnd yet if it was something from a different player criticising Wenger you'd be posting it as 'proof' of how awful he is.

:shrug:

Cripps_orig
19-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Depends on the player tbh

If it was a quality player then i probably would critisise Wenger.

However if it was a Limpar-esque Pub Teamer then the chances are id still critisise Wenger tbh

Letters
19-06-2012, 04:16 PM
No, it depends on whether what they've said agrees with your agenda or not.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Alan Smith believes Arsene Wenger could be planning for life without Robin Van Persie with the signings of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud.

The Dutchman’s future has been a thorn in the Gunners’ side all season with Manchester City, PSG and Real Madrid all ready to make a move should the 28-year-old fail to agree a new deal at the Emirates.
Wenger has already brought in Germany forward Podolski for next season and is on the verge of agreeing a deal with Montpellier hitman Giroud.
I’d be surprised to see Robin van Persie join another English club
— Alan Smith
And former Highbury favourite Smith claims the pair could be seen as replacements for Van Persie.
“Arsene Wenger’s already brought in Lukas Podolski and he’s looking at Olivier Giroud,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. “Maybe he’s planning for life without Robin van Persie?”
Reports suggest Manchester City are set to break the bank to land the Gunners star but Smith believes van Persie will leave the Premier League if he departs the Emirates.
“I’d be surprised to see Robin van Persie join another English club,” he said. “He’s a Gunner through and through.
“It’s all about ambition with Robin. If he does leave then it sends out a really bad message that Arsenal can’t keep hold of their best players.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120619/exclusive-smith-arsenal-planning-life-without-van-persie-174726

I think that message was sent years ago

Cripps_orig
28-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Former Arsenal attacker Freddie Ljungberg has predicted a bright future for the club, insisting that Arsene Wenger's young side will get "better and better".

The 35-year-old made 313 appearances for the Gunners in a nine-year spell, lifting the Premier League title twice, and revealed he still watches his old club as much as possible.

And, despite the north London club currently having gone seven years without winning a trophy, the Swede believes that Wenger's team will soon have the capability to break that cycle.

He told the club's official website: "Arsenal is a big part of my life. I’m there quite often and live in London, so it’s important to me.

"I still keep in touch with my old team-mates, too. We’re all great friends, and I actually saw Jens Lehmann down in Munich recently. Most of us still talk a lot to each other.

"I enjoy watching the current team – it’s a young side and will hopefully get better and better. With the addition of one or two good signings, things look bright."

Ljungberg also had nothing but kind words for Wenger's former assistant Pat Rice, who stepped down from his role this summer after 16 successful years.

He continued: "Pat was in charge of the defensive unit and helped the likes of Ashley Cole to develop.

"He helped us in midfield as well and was an important part member of Arsene’s staff - he did wonders. Pat played a big part in incorporating a French culture into an English one and making it work perfectly."

Ljungberg left Japanese outfit Shimizu S-Pulse in February but has been unable to sign for a new club since then due to a paperwork issue which restricts him from playing until July 1.

But, after enjoying spells in America, Japan and Scotland, he insists he is not ready to hang up his boots just yet.

He added: "When I went to America, it was a big thing to learn about cultures and other people. That’s what I’ve been doing since leaving Arsenal - I’ve been to America and Japan and the experience has been amazing. You gain a lot and it’s important to me to learn from different people.

"I’ve not been allowed to play football until July because the paperwork when I left Japan wasn’t signed until February.

"My body feels fine, there are no problems there, but it depends on what I want to do. We’ve said no to some offers, and there are others that I’ve said I’ll respond to in July. It has to be something extraordinary, otherwise I’m quite happy with my life."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/29/3207695/ljungberg-arsenal-will-get-better-and-better

Freddie :bow:

Our next invincible to come back?

Cripps_orig
05-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Arsenal should sell Robin van Persie and splash out on a marquee signing such as Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse, according to former Gunner Ray Parlour.

Van Persie announced that he would not be renewing his contract at the Emirates Stadium, which expires next summer, on Wednesday, with Manchester City, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain understood to be admirers of the prolific Dutchman.

And Parlour, who enjoyed a distinguished 12-year spell with the north London club, believes Arsenal should cash in on their star man then set their sights on acquiring a replacement.

"What Arsenal have got to do now is try and get the best bidder," Parlour told talkSPORT.

"£25 million or £30m, get as much money as you can and then reinvest the money in the squad.

"The most important thing for Arsenal fans is to reinvest that money in the club. Not just put it in the bank like they did with Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

"Let's go out and make a key signing like Papiss Cisse from Newcastle and suddenly people will forget about Robin van Persie."

The Gunners have already brought in forwards Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud this summer, and reports have strongly linked them with a move for Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/05/3222089/arsenal-should-sell-van-persie-and-sign-papiss-cisse-says

Ba is available as well for £7m

Must Gets

Cripps_orig
05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
EX-ARSENAL hero Paul Merson has warned Robin van Persie he will regret his decision to quit the Gunners.

Merson said: “Not many players leave Arsenal and don’t regret it. If they don’t sell him, the fans are going to slaughter him.”

Former Gunners striker ALAN SMITH said: “Van Persie is 28 and, at that age, it’s all about winning medals.

“He thinks Arsenal can’t win trophies and you probably have to agree with him.”

And ex-midfielder RAY PARLOUR added: “Players move on quickly now. Arsenal have to get over it.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4411526/Paul-Merson-tells-Robin-van-Persie-Youll-regret-leaving-Arsenal.html

Merson :lol:

That is BS

Cripps_orig
06-07-2012, 05:02 PM
I WAS astonished when I was told Robin van Persie wants to leave Arsenal.

I was convinced the team captain was happy and settled at the Emirates and would sign a new contract after the best season of his career.

So to hear RVP is NOT happy with the way the club is going comes as a massive blow to me and every other Arsenal fan.

Yet I don’t blame him for his decision. In fact, I don’t think he even has a choice any more because he’s an ambitious, world-class player who can’t achieve his targets with the club.

So now it’s time for Arsene Wenger and the directors to come clean because the supporters — who have stuck by their team for seven long years without a trophy — deserve to know just what is going on.

How the hell did a club of Arsenal’s standing and resources get to the point where they are forced to wave goodbye to at least one top star every year?

Since Thierry Henry decided in 2007 he had to leave in order to win the Champions League there has been a steady stream of players through the exit door at The Emirates.

Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri, Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy, Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor have all gone on to bigger and better things since leaving.

And it’s nothing to do with money. It’s about joining a club with the ambition to win major titles rather than one happy just to drift along in the top four.

Yes, I know Arsenal stuck by him when he was struggling with injuries and now it looks like they want him to stay and see out his contract.

But I have never believed in forcing an unhappy player to stay because it just doesn’t work.

So Arsene should swallow his pride and negotiate the best possible price for Robin so he can move on.

And if that means RVP joining Manchester City, United or Chelsea, then so be it.

The boss said last season there was no way he would allow his star striker to move to City after losing Nasri, Clichy, Toure and Adebayor to them in the last three years.

But that would be a pointless gesture. Instead of worrying about where his players GO, Arsene should be trying to assemble a squad that makes them want to STAY.

The problem with Arsenal is they will pay big wages but won’t pay a big transfer fee.

That’s why they weren’t even in the chase when Eden Hazard moved from Lille to Chelsea the other week.

The same thing happened last year when they gave up on Juan Mata without even putting up a fight.

And the year before it was the same with David Silva.

These guys are up for grabs. But Arsenal never grab them.

This is why the club needs to tell the fans the truth about the financial situation.

Do they have money to spend — or not?

Is it because they are terrified of the arrival of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play they won’t spend big?

If that’s the case, why are they the only top club who seem to be worried?

The sad truth is Arsenal no longer attract the best players because they can’t offer what the likes of City, United and Chelsea can.

Chelsea have won eight trophies in eight years.

City have won the FA Cup and their first Premier League title — and there’s a fair chance they’ll win the league again next time.

And United will always be challenging for honours. Of course, players want good wages but they also want to be part of a club that can win trophies and doesn’t let its top stars run down their contracts.

I know I’ll get stick from some Arsenal fans over this because their view is Arsene is always right and no one should question his decisions.

But when Thierry left five years ago, I wrote in SunSport that it was the start of a dangerous precedent.

And here we are with yet another captain looking to leave.

The danger is others in the dressing room will start to wonder what the future holds.

What must Jack Wilshere be thinking now? How will Alex Song and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain be feeling about the loss of the fella who finished off all their good work last season?

Players, like the supporters, want to see signs the club is thinking big.

Every year Arsene tells us his top stars will not be leaving — and every year the fans are left disappointed.

The team will continue to play great football and I really hope Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud hit the ground running — because they will have to.

But the guys who are coming in are never quite as good as those who are leaving.

So every year Arsenal fall away because they don’t have the quality or the winning mentality to see it out.

Arsene is still looking to sign players he can develop, rather than buying ready-made stars.

The sad reality is you have to spend money to compete these days.

And Arsenal’s policy isn’t working any more.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4413106/Time-for-Arsene-Wenger-and-Arsenal-directors-to-come-clean-about-plans-says-Ian-Wright.html

Absolutely spot on once again

Cripps_orig
06-07-2012, 05:05 PM
NIGEL WINTERBURN reckons an Arsenal spending-spree can convince Robin van Persie to change his mind.

Van Persie is determined to leave the Gunners with Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus all interested.

The recent signings of Germany striker Lukas Podolski and France forward Olivier Giroud have failed to persuade Van Persie that his ambitions can be realised in north London.

But Winterburn, who made 440 appearances during 13 years at Arsenal, believes a more sustained recruitment drive will tempt the 28-year-old Dutch marksman to stay.

He said: "Arsenal have bought a couple of players and you can only hope they continue to strengthen throughout the summer.

“Somehow that might persuade Van Persie this is the right club and that they’ve started to move in a different direction from the past five or six years.”

Arsenal face another summer of discontent as they battle to keep hold of their prized asset.

Last year Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri secured transfers out of Arsenal while Van Persie and winger Theo Walcott, whose contract also expires in 12 months, could follow suit.

Winterburn fears the Gunners’ descent into a “selling club” has rendered them incapable of challenging for the title.

He added: “Arsenal should not be a selling club. Forget about the board.

“The most important thing is the manager and players and that the players go into each season believing they’ve got a chance of winning something.

“The precedent was set last year losing Fabregas and Nasri and now it looks like Van Persie may go, and that starts to put doubt into players’ minds.

“It’s very difficult for Arsenal to compete with the likes of Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea.

“As a player you need to believe you can challenge for the title and last year Arsenal were miles away.

“Getting into the Champions League is great, but as a player that’s not enough. That’s the minimum requirement.

“As a player you want to be in the mix — for the title — in March and April when the excitement really starts.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4414249/Robin-van-Persie-will-stay-at-Arsenal-if-they-spend-says-Nigel-Winterburn.html

fakeyank
06-07-2012, 05:21 PM
RVP has burnt his bridges. He can fuck off. I'd rather we brought back Adebayor over this ungrateful c*nt

Cripps_orig
07-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Former Arsenal defender Sol Campbell believes the club must embark on a £100 million shopping spree to convince Robin van Persie to stay at the Emirates, and insists he can understand why the Dutchman wants to leave the trophyless Gunners.

Campbell, who formed part of the back-line during the club's Invincibles era, when they became the first team in Premier League history to go an entire season unbeaten, believes the 28-year-old is fed up with each season delivering nothing.

Van Persie this week questioned the club's transfer policy and ambition in a message to fans on his personal website in which he confirmed that he would not be extending his contract at the Emirates.

His announcement prompted Alisher Usmanov, who with his business partner Farhad Moshiri is Arsenal's second largest shareholder with a 29 per cent stake, to issue an open letter to the board criticising the direction in which they are taking the club.

Campbell does not blame Van Persie for his stance and supports the notion that a player of his age and quality should want to win trophies and not stay with a club which has gone seven years without tasting success.

The 37-year-old told the Daily Mirror: “I can understand why Van Persie has decided not to sign a new contract.

“When you go back to your club for pre-season, and you look around the changing room, you want to see top players around you and think, ‘Yeah, we’re going to do something this season. This is where it’s happening.’

“That’s what Van Persie is looking for. And maybe he’s had a look and thought, ‘Is this it?’

"Maybe it will be different in a couple of weeks, maybe there will be a cast of new faces to make him feel different.

“Players come and go. It’s a fact of life in football."

Van Persie joined Arsenal in 2004, just weeks after they celebrated winning the title in an unbeaten season, and Campbell believes that while the trophies may have enticed him to the club, the fact that they have dried up has now convinced the Dutchman his future lies elsewhere.

He added: “When he signed for Arsenal, he was surrounded by top-quality players, big characters, and it was fantastic. Inside his head, he knew it was the place to be - alongside Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrick Vieira, myself, Tony Adams, Jens Lehmann, Ashley Cole.
Arsenal line up RVP replacements

“Van Persie came in, mixed it with a team who were used to winning things, and he got the taste for it. He joined The Invincibles and won the FA Cup in his first season, but since then... nothing.

“Robin has seen the good times, and been part of the good times, and he wants more of it.

“Basically, his statement is shorthand for saying his patience has run out, and that he can’t wait for ever if he’s going to win major trophies in his career."

Campbell warned fans, though, that a change in manager is not the way forward and feels Arsene Wenger is one of the only managers who can address this slumo the club finds itself in.

That said, Campbell acknowledges that the club must be more ruthless in its transfer policy. He believes it will only be spending on star players rather than healthy receipts that will convince Van Persie to change his mind and opt to stay at the Emirates.

“Arsenal have established this model of financial prudence, they have a fantastic new stadium, they are bringing the club’s debt down ahead of schedule and everything is tickety-boo off the pitch," said Campbell.

“They are making money, they are in good shape and everything is well-run... but they are not winning. The real sting is in the punchline.

“Changing the manager isn’t going to make any difference. If there are any Arsenal fans who are tempted to call for Arsene Wenger to step down, is a new manager going to get any more firepower in the transfer market?

“Unless someone produces £100m and Wenger brings some big signings to the club, I can’t see Van Persie changing his mind.

"It’s irreversible.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/07/3226253/campbell-warns-arsenal-it-will-take-a-100m-spree-to-stop-van

Syn
07-07-2012, 02:34 PM
It's alright Sol, you don't have to convince us anymore. It obviously wasn't the mega-contract that influenced your decision to leave Tottenham to join Arsenal.

Cripps_orig
07-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Doubt it.

He wanted to win trophies and he could join a club who was doing that without moving house

Syn
07-07-2012, 02:48 PM
That's true enough. The money played little or no part at all. Takes a man of great moral standing to join the direct rivals that you previously said you'd never join.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was the only person's views I consider less important than Sol's when it comes to rationalising why players would leave clubs is Ashley Cole's.

What else is Sol going to say? He's going to be anything but neutral or rational about this given the decisions he has made. Personally, I have found a lot of ex-players' and fans' views about this Van Persie statement very childish and naive. The need to be so definite about details we really have little idea about is baffling. Money is usually a factor in decisions. Not the only factor but it is a factor. It's pointless pretending otherwise.

Cripps_orig
16-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Former Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour has suggested the Gunners ask Manchester City for striker Edin Dzeko in exchange for wantaway captain Robin van Persie.

The Bosnian has failed to reproduce the form which encouraged Roberto Mancini to part with £27 million in order to bring him in from Wolfsburg, leading to speculation that he may be moved on this summer.

Meanwhile, Van Persie recently expressed his intention to reject any further contract offers, with his current deal set to expire at the end of the season.

And Parlour, who made 468 appearances for the north London club during a distinguished career, believes a swap deal could be beneficial for both sides.

“I don’t know what Arsenal will look at, but if [Van Persie] does want to go to Manchester City then maybe they could look at a swap deal with someone like Dzeko and bring him in,” he told talkSPORT.

Although Parlour believes Dzeko would be a good addition, he went on to concede that the strict wage structure at the Emirates Stadium could see Arsenal miss out.

“His wages might be a problem,” he added.

“I don’t know what kind of wages Dzeko is on at Manchester City and Arsenal have always had that pay structure that they want to keep to and maybe they have to change that.

“Times are moving on and if you want the best players they go for the best money.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/15/3243653/arsenal-should-suggest-van-persie-dzeko-swap-deal-says

Good deal

Dzeko is quality

Cripps_orig
16-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Former Arsenal record goalscorer Ian Wright has stated that he does not blame Robin van Persie for wanting to leave the club in search of success.

The Dutch striker announced earlier in July that he would not be renewing his contract at the Emirates, which has one year left to run, and has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City.

Club legend Wright, whose record of 185 goals for the Gunners stood for almost eight years before Thierry Henry surpassed the total in 2005, admitted that he could understand the 28-year-old's motivation to leave.

"In many respects, I cannot blame him for wanting to join a club who are winning trophies," Wright told The Sun.

"At least Van Persie is not the sort of player who would be unprofessional and cause problems within the group.

"For the last few years, Arsenal have lost at least one top player each summer and they have struggled to win anything as a result. In previous seasons, Manchester United and Chelsea were the successful teams the top players wanted to join — now, it is City."

Arsenal last won a trophy in 2005, defeating Manchester United in the FA Cup final on penalties, but since then have endured the sale of Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry, and late last summer the departures of both Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri to Manchester City.

The moves came after prolonged speculation and were said to have contributed to the club's poor start the to the season, but the Gunners managed to recover and finish in third place in the Premier League to qualify for the Champions League.

Van Persie was crucial to their attack, scoring 37 goals, and Wright commented that the club's progress would be threatened if the pattern was repeated.

He continued: "Arsenal need to address this problem of losing their best players. I admire their business plan about not spending what they haven’t got, but the club is getting left behind.

"Even if Van Persie does leave they have yet another problem as Theo Walcott finds himself in a similar contract situation with just one year left.

"For Wenger, the end of the transfer window cannot come soon enough."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/16/3244588/arsenal-legend-ian-wright-i-cannot-blame-van-persie-for

Ollie the Optimist
16-07-2012, 11:11 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/15/3243653/arsenal-should-suggest-van-persie-dzeko-swap-deal-says

Good deal

Dzeko is quality

that would be a great deal, add in de jong and we are laughing.

also i odnt htink wages will be that much of a point, it comes down to whether he wants to be in the reserves or play football, i think he would choose the second one so we could get him

Japan Shaking All Over
16-07-2012, 02:11 PM
that would be a great deal, add in de jong and we are laughing.

also i odnt htink wages will be that much of a point, it comes down to whether he wants to be in the reserves or play football, i think he would choose the second one so we could get him

Dzeko as part of a deal is something I can live with. . .have read plus 15mil but I think that is a stretch

Japan Shaking All Over
17-07-2012, 03:20 PM
http://justarsenal.com/former-arsenal-player-lays-into-wenger/14750

Stewart Robson having a dig

GP
17-07-2012, 03:27 PM

That's an embarrassingly poor piece.

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2012, 05:55 PM

COMMENTS GUIDELINES: ANY COMMENTS WITH SWEARING OR PERSONAL ABUSE WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT EXCEPTION: PLEASE DISCUSS THE SUBJECT IN A FRIENDLY AND OBJECTIVE MANNER. SERIAL ABUSERS WILL BE BANNED. PLEASE BE NICE TO YOUR FELLOW GOONERS! NEW IDEA!! If A comment is deemed EXTRA SPECIAL I reserve the right to sopy it and use it as an article in its own right. (Edited of course!)

How can anyone comment on that piece without swearing or personal abuse?

21_GOONER_SALUTE
17-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Good deal

Dzeko is quality

Dzeko +7-10 million for RVP would be a great deal.

It would give AW a realistic chance to maintain his top 4 record and finally a real football coach (new of course) a strong base to start winning trophies straight away.

Cripps_orig
17-07-2012, 08:33 PM

Cant really disagree with any of that. We all know Wenger has a ridiculous hold over the board when it should be the other way around

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Anybody that believes that shit should be punched in their unfeasibley large vagina.

Letters
17-07-2012, 09:04 PM

:lol: Got as far as "TalkSport". Not worth reading the rest.

Cripps_orig
17-07-2012, 09:05 PM
So anyone who talks to TalkSport isnt worth listening to?

Letters
17-07-2012, 09:06 PM
So anyone who talks to TalkSport isnt worth listening to?
Anyone who listens to TalkSport isn't worth talking to.

:cool:

Cripps_orig
17-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Anyone who listens to TalkSport isn't worth talking to.

:cool:

Cant disagree tbh

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Former boss George Graham has told Arsenal to sell skipper Robin van Persie as he believes that the club can no longer compete with Manchester City and Manchester United financially.

The Dutch striker announced his intention to not extend his current deal with Arsene Wenger’s side beyond the end of the upcoming campaign and, most recently, pulled out of the club’s pre-season tour of Asia to reportedly try and force a transfer away from the Emirates.

Graham feels that a quick solution would be best for both parties, allowing Arsenal to move on and avoid a similar hangover after selling Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri in the early part of last season, which resulted in a disastrous start to the campaign.

He told ESPN: “You have to sell Van Persie and move on, and Arsenal need to tell everybody that they can’t compete on the financial aspect, that they can’t compete with Chelsea, Manchester City, even Manchester United.

“If the club have to sell their top player they also have to tell their fans it has to be done this way. Last year it dragged on with Fabregas and players were brought in late and Arsenal had a bad start, culminating with an eight-goal hammering at Old Trafford.

“With Van Persie it needs to be done and dusted - he has made his statement, he has said the club lack ambition so the club need to get the best offer they can and move on. Van Persie has another year left on his contact and Arsenal tried to negotiate.

“He knows he can get a better offer elsewhere but it’s not just about an offer, it is about winning trophies and Arsenal haven't won a trophy for five or six years and that comes into the equation, whether the club are ambitious enough.”

However, the 67-year-old does have sympathy for Wenger and the Arsenal hierarchy, adding that he is unsure of how he would have handled the situation if he were still in charge.

“What more could Arsenal have done with Van Persie? I am not sure they could have done more, or if I would have done it any differently," he concluded.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/20/3253980/arsenal-should-sell-van-persie-as-they-cannot-compete

Making sure we do more than just settle for a top 4 place would be a good place to start

Kano
20-07-2012, 04:45 PM

stewart robson is one of the biggest fannies in football. constantly moans about absolutely everyone who doesn't meet his piss poor expectations. which is ironic given the absolute mediocre level of football he offered the game during his time.

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 04:46 PM
stewart robson is one of the biggest fannies in football. constantly moans about absolutely everyone who doesn't meet his piss poor expectations. which is ironic given the absolute mediocre level of football he offered the game during his time.
So hes perfectly placed to comment on us at this time then?

Kano
20-07-2012, 04:51 PM
not really no - this team at least finished in the top bracket of teams which is more than this prick ever achieved. he is a drain of a pundit who is never satisfied with anyone - not just arsenal.

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Fair enough

Dont like him much either

Dennis Bendtner
20-07-2012, 05:16 PM
I have no idea how he lasted so long on Arsenal TV. Assuming he's gone. Dreary twat.

Xhaka Can’t
20-07-2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/20/3253980/arsenal-should-sell-van-persie-as-they-cannot-compete

Making sure we do more than just settle for a top 4 place would be a good place to start
:lol: You don't even read the articles you quote!

Letters
21-07-2012, 07:53 AM
I sure he has someone read the headlines to him.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2012, 10:37 AM
:lol: You don't even read the articles you quote!

:blink:

Cripps_orig
24-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Thierry Henry has admitted he would consider returning to Arsenal possibly as a coach after his career has finished.

The 34-year old, who now plays for New York Red Bulls, enjoyed a successful spell on loan at the Gunners in January last season during the MLS off-season.

The Frenchman is unsure if there will be a repeat of this next season, but revealed there could be a return to north London in the future as a coach.

"I don't know how, it depends," Henry was quoted as saying by The Telegraph. "Seriously, I don't know. I just want to finish my career [first]. I would go back to England, for sure, with Arsenal. Coaching does interest me but I really don't think about it right now.

"I don't plan to go back [again to play for Arsenal] and I didn't plan to go back and play last time.

"It was only because of the guys [strikers Gervinho and Marouanne Chamakh] went to the African Cup of Nations. They asked if I wanted to play, and that's it. I was there to train."

Henry also refused to discuss the future of former team-mate Robin van Persie as he looks set to leave the Emirates.

He added: "I've nothing to say about it. They have to deal with it and that's just the way it is...It's a hard one. I don't want to get involved into this kind of thing.

"It's a tricky one but obviously I don't know what's happening. It's difficult for me to talk about it."

Theres a ACON this season as well....

Power n Glory
24-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Piss off. There is another ACON?

Cripps_orig
24-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Yup.

Its so they can have it in the odd years and not have it with the World Cups in even years

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-07-2012, 11:51 PM
songs likely to miss man city (h), chelsea (a), liverpool (h) next season due to african cup of nations.

we need to sign a dm.

The Wengerbabies
25-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Yup.

Its so they can have it in the odd years and not have it with the World Cups in even years
****s should have waited til 2015 then.

Cripps_orig
25-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Niall Quinn has told talkSPORT that Arsenal will not be held to ransom by Robin Van Persie as he postures for a move away from the club.
Manchester City, Man United and Juventus are all monitoring the striker's situation, with Sir Alex Ferguson admitting that the Red Devils have made a bid for him after the Dutchman released a statement earlier in the summer stating his intentions to leave the club.
The Gunners are still trying to tie the 28-year-old, in the last year of his current deal, to a new contract, but Quinn has warned Arsenal fans that the club's board will not countenance giving in to any exorbitant demands van Persie might have.
“When you go back to what is best for the club, those who are blinded by ‘sign him up no matter what it costs’ should just look at Portsmouth," he said.
“They did that. It wasn’t called mismanagement by the fans then. It was called ‘yes, we’ve won an FA Cup, isn’t it brilliant’.
“Arsenal won’t allow that to happen as a club and it is a difficult one for football loving people who come here and pay big money to see somebody like him go, if that’s what happens.
“But I would say, from having been in the unique position of being a player and trying to make these decisions at board level, if you put the club first generally you’ll come up with the right formula and I think Arsenal will do that.
“If van Persie falls into line with that and accepts that and understands his future here at the club, great. If he doesn’t then as a football fan you’ve got to say it wasn’t meant to be.
“I have great faith that Arsenal will do the right thing. I think he will be here [this season] and there will be loads of time for him to be worked on to fall back into the Arsenal way.
“He seems to have really enjoyed his football here and that has to count for something over taking a challenge but if money is involved and he has been secretly offered a huge amount of money – because that goes on in football – then it will be difficult to bring him back because Arsenal will need to blow their wage structure out the door.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120724/exclusive-%E2%80%93-quinn-arsenal-won%E2%80%99t-break-their-wage-structure-van-persie-177267#saECOMpBFTyWftJy.99

If we go the Portsmouth way cos we pay one player what he wants then we are truly fucked

Cripps_orig
31-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown believes Arsene Wenger needs to sign a "world star" to replace wantaway striker Robin van Persie.

The Dutchman recently expressed his intention not to sign a new contract and looks set to join the likes of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri as the next high profile name to leave north London.

And Keown, who enjoyed a distinguished trophy-laden spell with the Gunners, hopes to see Van Persie's future sorted as soon as possible to avoid speculation damaging the club's chances for the new season.

Keown told talkSPORT: “At least Van Persie has come out early and declared that he wants to leave.

"Last year when it was Nasri and Fabregas it impacted so much on the group that when they were seven games in it was like a relegation fight.

“And I think this round this won’t happen if van Persie goes. I think the squad is stronger both mentally and in quality."

The former England stopper also believes that Wenger must look to sign a player of similar calibre to Gunners legend Dennis Bergkamp in order to move forward.

Keown added: “We’re almost kind of getting used to losing top players now, it’s just a shame that so many are going.

"If we look back to Dennis Bergkamp coming to the club, when he came to the club, it was kind of like ‘Christ!’ That was a real wake-up call - he came in, everyone took note, Arsenal’s going in a different direction.

“Arsenal could almost do with one of those world stars coming in again."

Unfortunately we dont have Rioch in charge to do that

The Ogg Monster
31-07-2012, 03:18 PM
fortunately we dont have Rioch in charge.

Cripps_orig
01-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has lent his support to injured midfielder Jack Wilshere, emphasising the importance of having a fan of the club within the playing ranks.

Henry is currently plying his trade in the MLS for New York Red Bulls after spending eight years at the north London club, and he recognised the value of having players that share a local connection with the club, such as the England international.

"You want Wilshere around," Henry told Sky Sports News.

"He reminds me of when I first arrived when the old guard was there. He's an Arsenal fan in the first place and you need this type of player around in the dressing room.
Wilshere return date set

"It's not only that he's an Arsenal fan, and not only an Englishman, but he's a good player, it's as simple as that.

"What a shame that he stopped a bit because he was on his way. I just wish him all the best that he can come back quick and wear the shirt he loves so much."

Wilshere has spent a wretched year on the sidelines following a spate of injuries that coincidentally began with a knock sustained in a friendly with the Red Bulls exactly a year ago.

And although the prognosis is concerning, with Wilshere not expected to return until October at the earliest, his manager Arsene Wenger did label his and Abou Diaby's return from injury akin to two new signings.

"I saw what the boss said the other day and I will say what he said - hopefully they will sign this year Wilshere and Diaby,” Henry added.

"I thought it was a clever thing for him to say as usual.

"You need those guys around. Mikel Arteta did extremely well, but you need those guys also in the squad."

Arsenal complete their pre-season with a final fixture against FC Koln on 12 August.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/31/3277377/henry-lends-support-to-injured-arsenal-midfielder-wilshere

Wengeritis lives on in Henry

Cripps_orig
01-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Arsenal legend Thierry Henry hopes Robin van Persie stays at the club but believes the Gunners are more than capable of coping if the forward departs.

Van Persie, 28, has been heavily linked with a move away after revealing a desire to leave the club earlier in the summer, with Manchester United, Manchester City and Serie A giants Juventus all interested in a move for the Dutchman.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger remains hopeful of holding on to his star striker but Henry is unsure whether the player will remain at the club.

"We hope he stays and that's the way it is," the Frenchman told Sky Sports News.

"I don't know exactly what is happening but as an Arsenal fan I want him to stay.

"He is still an Arsenal player and the boss has to deal with it. I just want Arsenal to do well. Robin will do what he will do and we'll see.

"When I left, everybody cried, but then the year after they went on a run of being eight points ahead. Everyone comes and goes."

Van Persie has less than a year remaining on his existing contract with the Gunners and has insisted he does not intend to extend his deal beyond the end of the current season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/31/3278258/henry-arsenal-can-cope-if-van-persie-leaves

We really didnt

Cripps_orig
06-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Former Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia has revealed that he had expected to win trophies with the Gunners but believes his aim was undermined by a constantly changing squad.

Almunia left the club to join Watford on June 30 after being released from his contract and has just one FA Cup success in 2005 to show for his eight-year spell in north London.

And the Spaniard believes Arsenal’s apparent reluctance to spend money and willingness to let star players leave was the cause of their lack of silverware.

"As a player at Arsenal, it is hard to see the best players go to other clubs every year. They have missed a lot of great players in the last few years,” Almunia told the Sunday Mirror.

"The first year I came to England, I thought 'Oh, I'm going to win a lot of things with Arsenal' but the change then started. The club has been changing every year."

Almunia believes the arrival of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud is an encouraging start for boss Arsene Wenger this summer but insists they won’t cover for the potential loss of Robin van Persie.

"One of these years, everything has to come together and be perfect, and now is the time for Arsenal," Almunia said. "They've signed some good players this year, Santi Cazorla is fantastic."

Wenger’s side play their last friendly of pre-season against Bundesliga outfit Koln next Sunday, with the Gunners taking on Sunderland in the Premier League a week later.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/05/3288235/almunia-i-thought-i-was-going-to-win-a-lot-of-trophies-with

Manny :bow:

Marc Overmars
06-08-2012, 07:31 AM
That's what most ex players have stated on their departures, too many players are let go and it's not easy building a team when you know it's going to be disrupted every other year.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 07:47 AM
It doesn't excuse the fuck-up at St. Andrews 2010 though. :(

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Despite controversially leaving Arsenal on a free transfer for AC Milan in 2008, Mathieu Flamini says he continues to follow the club and has spoken with his close friend Robin van Persie about his uncertain future.

The Netherlands international has one year remaining at the Gunners and made it clear, in a statement on his website a month ago, that he is not interested in re-signing with the club.

The 29-year-old wants Arsenal to spend aggressively to contend for trophies while the club continues to maintain its practical philosophy. As a result, Van Persie has been linked with a move to both Manchester clubs and Juventus.

"He has a very complicated situation because he has to make a very important decision," Flamini told Goal.com.

"He's a good friend of mine and I'm sure whatever he decides will be best for him and his family. I will support him in whatever he decides."

Van Persie's desire to leave might have changed after the club landed creative Spanish midfielder Santi Carzola and added forwards Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud during the transfer window.

Flamini shared a similar situation to that of Van Persie four years ago. The French midfielder declined several contract extensions from the Gunners, moving to Milan for a better deal and an increased chance of winning trophies.

The Frenchman admits that Van Persie has discussed his future with him but would not hint where the Dutchman was leaning towards.

"Listen, it's important for him to be happy. Whatever choice he makes will be the best decision for him," said Flamini."

Regardless of the future of their star player, Flamini believes that Arsenal have put together a strong team this year and expects the club to be successful.

"I still follow Arsenal," said Flamini. "I've seen their moves in the offseason and I think this will be a good season for them."

Flamster :bow:

How he is missed

LDG
09-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Yes. I miss him being another mercenary ****.

He's done well since leaving hasn't he.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2012, 11:14 AM
It doesn't excuse the fuck-up at St. Andrews 2010 though. :(

no but for once its really nice to see a player come out after leaving us and say nice things esp when we didnt play him etc much in his final two years. always worked hard did alumina, just sadly wasnt good enough for us

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2012, 11:34 AM
He was shit but he was our shit.

V-Pig
10-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Eboue :bow:

"The only real sport I know is football. Any other sport is Nasri which is another word for (Shit)"

https://twitter.com/TheRealEboue/status/233855697564094464

Kano
10-08-2012, 09:50 AM
if only that was the real eboue

V-Pig
10-08-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm going to pretend it is to make me laugh.

V-Pig
10-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Actually I swear he used to be verified, come to think of it. That's why he has 80k-odd followers.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Ray Parlour has told talkSPORT that Arsenal’s decision to sell Robin Van Persie to Man United is an admission that they can no longer compete with the big boys.

Arsenal and United were fierce rivals during Parlour’s heyday, when the north London club won the Premier League three times and finished as runners-up on four occasions.
But the Gunners have now gone seven years without winning a trophy and appear to be getting further away from ending that drought every year.
And Parlour believes their decision to cash in on van Persie, a man who scored 37 times in all competitions for the club last season, is another hammer blow to their ambitions.
“It’s been years since Arsenal sold a player to Manchester United,” he said. “I think it was Frank Stapleton [in 1981].
“They were always our massive rivals and I know we sold a lot of players to Manchester City but Manchester United were always our rivals and we didn’t want to help them.
“It’s a big blow for Arsenal but I’m just hoping with the money they receive from the transfer that Arsene Wenger has got a replacement in mind.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120815/exclusive-parlour-van-persie-sale-shows-arsenal-cant-rival-big-guns-anym-1787#wq3WGrD8sfsY6Cw7.99

Well said.

We are no longer rivals

Grebbo
16-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Robin van Persie: Arsenal legend Bob Wilson 'angry' over deal

Arsenal legend Bob Wilson says striker Robin van Persie's impending departure to Manchester United has left him "bordering on anger".

Van Persie, 29, looks set to complete a move away from Arsenal within 48 hours.
"I am disappointed, bordering on a little bit of anger almost, as Robin was made captain and done a fantastic job," Wilson told BBC Radio 4.

"It is difficult for someone like me who has an Arsenal gun sealed to his chest, not just to pat on the shirts."
Wilson said Arsenal would just have to move on from the situation.

He added: "I read all his programme notes about the pride of being Arsenal captain, then a year later he leaves one great club for another great club.

"I'm taking the stance of the 'the king is dead, long live the king' - thank you Robin and goodbye."

However, the former Gunners goalkeeper believes it makes good business sense for manager Arsene Wenger to let the Dutchman go.

"Obviously it is very good business from the Arsenal point of view, their perspective is it is £24m for a 29-year-old who has a history of injury problems and one truly magnificent season in eight. That is great business," said the former Arsenal player.

Wilson claims that he is still excited as Arsenal head into the new season with three new signings - Lukas Podolski, Olivier Giroud and Santi Cazorla.

"I look at it and I'm very excited by the team Arsene Wenger is putting together," said Wilson.
"The fact that Van Persie is gone is hugely disappointing, but he's wiped out in one go a lot of the fee that was spent on three talented players - Podolski, Giroud and the Spaniard Cazorla."

Wilson also believes that Belgian international Thomas Vermaelen is the ready-made replacement for Van Persie as Arsenal captain.
"Any Belgian who captains a Dutch side in Ajax is a special player," added Wilson.

You tell em Bob.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Ray Parlour has urged Alex Song to reject the overtures of Barcelona and remain with Arsenal.
The influential midfielder was central to the Gunners’ success last season assisting 14 goals but that form has attracted the interest of the Catalan giants who are looking to reinforce their midfield.
And Parlour has warned Song that the grass isn’t always greener, insisting he may find first team chances hard to come by at the Nou Camp.
“I can’t see Song playing at Barcelona with the players they have got,” he told Drive Time. “Fabregas went there and he didn’t get in the side straight away.
“You’ve got Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas so I can’t see where he is going to play at Barcelona. He might be there for cover but I’d rather play.
“I know it is hard to turn down a club like Barcelona but he’s got a good contract at Arsenal and I don’t think he’d be getting a lot more money at Barcelona because he’s paid well.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120815/exclusive-parlour-urges-song-stay-arsenal-178724#elM9FcUGLgOmuuLy.99

Parlour :bow:

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 11:36 PM
ROBIN VAN PERSIE is set to leave Arsenal for Manchester United, yet the move is not about money.
The Londoners’ club skipper is heading to Old Trafford because he must believe playing for United will give him a better chance of winning things.
And this will hurt Arsenal fans like hell.
Van Persie joined the Gunners in May 2004, with my former club having just completed an entire season without losing a Premier League game.
This was an absolutely superb football team.
It was one that was capable of dominating for many seasons.
But, year by year, the top players left.
Now the days of Jens Lehmann, Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell, Robert Pires, Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira seem a million years ago.
And since arriving from Feyenoord, Van Persie has managed just one trophy at Arsenal — the FA Cup. That was seven years ago.
It is a massive shame that the Dutchman is becoming the latest star to leave Arsenal, though I am not surprised. If Arsenal supporters are being honest with themselves, they will not be too shocked either. It is the sign of the times.
The three teams who always look capable of winning things these days are United, Manchester City and Chelsea.
United won nothing last season and some people claim Alex Ferguson’s side was one of the poorer teams from his time in charge.
Yet still they only lost the league title on goal difference in the last couple of minutes of the campaign.
They will still take some beating in 2012-13 and it is extremely rare for United ever to go more than one season without managing to win at least one trophy.
I hate to see top performers leaving the Emirates and it will now become increasingly difficult for the club to keep their other star names.
Remember, Theo Walcott is approaching the last year of his contract and let us hope he signs another in a few weeks.
United, City and Juventus have all been interested in Van Persie but I think he has made the right choice.
City are in an exciting period and could be winning things for years to come.
Yet Van Persie is now 29 and the chance of playing for arguably the biggest club in the world is not an opportunity he wants to waste. Top players want to play with top players — and he will obviously fancy the chance of causing some damage up front with England ace Wayne Rooney.
Ferguson always assembles a squad with a winning mentality and Van Persie, understandably, wants to be a part of that.
Last season, he carried Arsenal. You have to wonder where they would have finished without his goals tally of 37.
I have a lot of sympathy for manager Arsene Wenger but, ultimately, he makes the decisions in terms of playing and offering of contracts.
Some people are saying Van Persie should have shown more loyalty, after all the injuries he has suffered. But as I have said before, the only loyalty in the game currently comes from the fans and this is something that just has to be accepted.
With the exception of the likes of Chelsea’s John Terry and Ryan Giggs at Manchester United, players no longer remain at one or even two clubs during their career.
Arsenal now find themselves in a tough situation.
They have signed players such as Germany striker Lukas Podolski from Cologne, France forward Olivier Giroud from Montpellier and Spain winger Santi Cazorla from Malaga, who, potentially, could all be superb in the Premier League.
But note I am using the word potentially.
Wenger needs these players to hit the ground running, though it is possibly too much to expect all three new boys to do this.
Fingers crossed, I hope they all succeed in making an immediate impact.
Many Gunners supporters will have looked at the fixture list already to find out the dates of the United games.
It is Old Trafford on November 3, which is my birthday, while United will visit the Emirates on April 27.
I do not imagine Van Persie will get a good reception and I am sure that he will not be expecting one.
Unfortunately, Arsenal must once again move on following the departure of a major name.
You can only wonder what they could have achieved if everyone had stayed.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4491629/Ian-Wright-RVP-is-joining-Man-Utd-for-medals-not-money.html#ixzz23kt6hcoS

Wrightys view

The Wengerbabies
17-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Cesc Fàbregas Soler ‏@cesc4official
As a friend and team mate of mine for the last 8 years i want to wish good luck to @Persie_Official and his new adventure at Man United.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Arsenal legend Robert Pires believes that Santi Cazorla is at the perfect club to make the most of his many talents.

The Spain international made an immediate impression on his Premier League debut against Sunderland, coming close to scoring on three occasions and also setting up a late chance for Olivier Giroud.

Pires believes that Cazorla’s performance was just a taste of things to come and is convinced that the 27-year-old will shine in English football.

“Santi called me when the offer from the Club arrived and I told him that it was the perfect club for him,” Pires told the Official Arsenal Magazine.

“The way the team plays will suit him perfectly and he is the kind of player Arsène loves too. He is a very exciting player, very gifted technically with both feet. He has an impressive creative touch and he can play in the centre or on the wings.

“His vision and the quality of his passing is brilliant but he can also take people on. Despite still being quite young, he has big experience with the Spanish national team and has also played in the Champions League.

“Finally, he has a very good mentality and is a real team player. He will need a bit of time to settle but I’m convinced he will adapt very quickly and will be a great signing for Arsenal.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-cazorla-s-vision-and-passing-is-brilliant-

Pires :bow:

Cazorlas got his seal of approval and thats good enough for me

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Oh what I'd give to have Bobby here in his pomp again.

jelgoon
22-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Eduardo's just laid into us for selling RVP and Song ( BBC website). i guess all these old players are saying what we know- that we have no interest in competing with the top three clubs for honours

LDG
22-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Eduardo's just laid into us for selling RVP and Song ( BBC website). i guess all these old players are saying what we know- that we have no interest in competing with the top three clubs for honours

Did you read it?

It was hardly laying into us :lol:

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Arsenal have made a "big mistake" by selling Robin van Persie and Alex Song but still have the quality to challenge for silverware this season, according to former Gunners striker Eduardo.
Van Persie and Song are the latest high-profile names to leave the club, whose last trophy was the 2005 FA Cup.
"It is a big mistake to sell them - they were the most important players last season," Eduardo told BBC Sport.
"But they have other quality players to stay as a big club at the top."
The departures of Van Persie to Manchester United and Song to Barcelona came a year after Arsenal lost Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri to Manchester City.
Fabregas and Van Persie were both captaining the side when they left, while Nasri and Song were regulars in midfield.
"Every player comes to Arsenal as a simple player and Arsenal make them into a big player," said Eduardo, who joined Arsenal from Dinamo Zagreb in 2007 and was sold to Shakhtar Donetsk in 2010.
"But they can't keep everyone together to fight for titles. Every year it's similar - they lose players, buy players, make them class players and the next year they sell again. They are always in the same place."
Arsenal finished third in the Premier League last season, 19 points adrift of both champions City and runners-up United.
Van Persie scored 37 league goals and contributed 13 assists - the latter bettered at Arsenal only by Song on 16.
Arsenal, who have signed forward Lukas Podolski, striker Olivier Giroud and midfielder Santi Cazorla, started the new campaign with a goalless draw at home to Sunderland.
"Van Persie and Song were the key players last season," Eduardo continued. "They held the team. When you lose two players like that, your chance of finishing in the top four is less.
"But Arsenal still have a good team and I'm confident they will do well. Last year when they lost Nasri and Fabregas, everyone thought they would not finish in the top four but they did.
"When the season finishes, we'll see if it was a mistake or not. It's very sad to lose two big players like that but we must respect the new players and believe they can keep Arsenal at the top."
Eduardo has two years left on his contract with Ukrainian champions Shakhtar and is unaware of reported interest from Fulham.
But he would like to return to the Premier League at some point and feels Arsenal are currently in need of a player with his attributes.
"It would be nice if they wanted me to join again, but it's not the kind of thing I'm thinking about," added Eduardo, scorer of 22 goals in 67 games of an Arsenal career hampered by a broken leg.
"If I played for Arsenal now I could score some important goals from nothing - in games like Sunderland, when it's 0-0 and you score the only goal. My studying of the game is like that.
"I can give you a lot of important points. I think Arsenal are missing some players like that. You never know.
"When you've played in the Premier League, you sometimes miss the atmosphere in the stadiums and the playing style. I miss this and hope one day I will come back."

Id take him back

jelgoon
22-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Its not that funny. I read the first bit about it being a big mistake and couldnt be arsed reading the rest. Why - did he go onto say how brilliant we are?

It was hardly laying into us :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ollie the Optimist
22-08-2012, 01:43 PM
id have him back in a heartbeat. come on wenger, make it happen

Ollie the Optimist
22-08-2012, 01:45 PM

he basically said he wants to come back to us. thats not what i call laying into the club

GP
22-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Time for Eduardo to come home.

Get the number 9 off that German chancer as well.

jelgoon
22-08-2012, 01:47 PM
He lost it after that injury. Do you think he can find his pre-injury form? It will take someone special to displace Chamakh or Bendtner from the squad
Id take him back

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Arsenal's Number 9. :lol:

Alwful curse.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 01:51 PM
He was never really given a chance after that injury tbh

Hes a finisher, pure and simple.

Exactly what we need, not someone who will do much out of the box but will come alive in it. Hes still scoring for club and country and he'd be decent back up for Pod