PDA

View Full Version : Former Players Views

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Power n Glory
22-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Wenger doesn't like that sort of player and that's his problem. Our style of play invites too many chefs into the kitchen. Too many players in every position trying to do the same thing and we just need to strip it down where we have key players with direct and simple tasks. He doesn't like strikers that can only score goals, he wants them involved in the build up play and that's probably where Chamakh has gone wrong. Garbage player and he's a pussy in front of goal but when you add him to our style of play....bad mix and he's even more goal shy.

I'd take Eduardo back. It really annoys me that we sold him to give guys like Vela and Bendy a chance and then they end up leaving anyway.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 02:15 PM
He was shite after the injury and diving outrage, always been a talented striker though. I think his ship sailed in this country a long time ago, through no fault of his own.

selassie
22-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Id take him back

As a squad player he'd probably be quite useful, better than the junk like Chamakh & Park. He's right what he's saying too..nothing new to report there.

fakeyank
22-08-2012, 04:09 PM
He was shite after the injury and diving outrage, always been a talented striker though. I think his ship sailed in this country a long time ago, through no fault of his own.

He was shit coz he was played on the right or left and not through the center. Its like expecting Ruud Van Nistelrooy to be awesome if he is played on the wings. Eduardo was really getting a foot in, before his injury and at that time, we played a 4-4-2 with Ade and him up front. AW ruined his career at Arsenal just like how he ruined Bendy's career, Park's career etc

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Yup

Playing the 1 up front has killed us

Time for 4-4-2 again. That doesnt mean we have to keep to 4-4-2 for certain matches but it should be an option to use and certainly v the like of Sunderland, Reading etc

The Ogg Monster
23-08-2012, 12:43 PM
At home we usually play 2-5-3 anyway.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Id take him back

All he is doing is Whoring himself to get a move back nothing else.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Former Arsenal, West Ham and Celtic midfielder Freddie Ljungberg says he is to retire from professional football: "It is with a bittersweet feeling that I now choose to end my football career, in a decision that has emerged after 6 months of thinking about it.

"During my football career I have had the opportunity to play with some of the top football players in the world, as well as teams in the world elite. I am grateful for everything football has given me and all the amazing people I met through my career. "
From BBC

Boss
24-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Freddie :bow: :bow:

Cripps_orig
24-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Freddie :bow:

Marc Overmars
24-08-2012, 01:50 PM
What a man. :bow:

GP
24-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I like the bit where he scored them goals.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2012, 12:00 AM
ALEX SONG today lifts the lid on his shock £15million move to Barcelona and insists: I wanted to sign for life at Arsenal — but they fobbed me off.
The Cameroon midfielder is the latest star to join the mass Emirates exodus.
In his first interview since signing for the Spanish giants, Song, 24, reveals how he:
Wanted to stay at the Gunners for life.
Was cold shouldered every time he tried to arrange talks over his future.
Was distraught when he read stories from “club sources” claiming he had a bad attitude and was constantly late for training.
Song said: “I woke up and read those things in the paper and was really surprised and disappointed. I love Arsenal, I never wanted to leave.
“I was ready to commit my future to the club. All I wanted were talks about a new contract but each time we were due to sit down, the club postponed it. I was fobbed off.
“I wanted a new five-year contract at Arsenal. In the end I got one — at Barcelona.”
Song made 197 appearances for the Gunners since joining in a £1m deal from French club Bastia in August 2006.
Last season, he played 46 times, led the way in goal assists and came second in the fans’ Player of the Season poll behind Robin van Persie.
Ironically, both players have now joined the annual Arsenal exodus, with RVP signing a four-year Manchester United contract. Song was midway through his six-year, £55,000-a-week Arsenal deal when he followed RVP out of the Emirates.
The midfielder first asked in November about the prospects of talking over a new deal.
Song was keen to show his loyalty to the club at a time when a glut of stars had quit.
However, he claims he was told to wait until the New Year.
January came and went and Arsenal indicated talks would begin in March or April.
Song insists those were postponed and he was asked to wait until the end of the season — then until after Euro 2012.
Finally, he was told the club would let him know when they were ready to start negotiations on any new deal.
Song added: “I had been trying for eight months to start talking about a new long-term deal but the club kept postponing me all the time, saying ‘You have three years left’.
“I hadn’t talked about money I just wanted to sit down and discuss a new deal — I wanted to commit my career to the club I loved.
“Then out of the blue, Barcelona came in for me.
“And, suddenly, I was wanted by the biggest club in the world and they wanted to give me a five-year deal.”
Arsenal said they would talk to him in September or October, after the transfer window.
But he felt he was being duped into snubbing Barca without any assurances.
Song said: “Barcelona were prepared to offer me a five-year deal. I had asked Arsenal for eight months for the same.
“When the best team in the world recognises your talents it means you must be doing something right.
“If Arsenal thought I wasn’t enthusiastic in training then maybe it was I didn’t understand that I was contributing on the pitch and they didn’t want to sit down with me.”
Song’s move to the Catalan capital was quickly agreed but Song was furious when stories appeared — from Arsenal sources — accusing him of being lazy, having a bad attitude and being late for training.
He added: “I’m really upset. These accusations are hurtful, they are slurs on my character.
“I have the utmost respect for Arsene Wenger. I loved him like a father and he is a fantastic coach.
“He made me the player I am and I am indebted to him for that.
“There was never any trouble between us, so for someone within the club to suggest that really upsets me.”
Barca clearly believe they have captured a gem and have inserted a staggering £63m get-out clause in his contract.
Song is reunited with former Arsenal captain and close pal Cesc Fabregas in a side crammed with superstar talent like Lionel Messi, Xavi and Andres Iniesta.
The Cameroon star said: “I will always love Arsenal but Barcelona are the best team in the world. I may not start every game but I can’t wait for the challenge.
“I would have stayed but when the Barcelona train comes in for you, that is a once-in-a-lifetime chance and you just can’t miss it.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4504742/Alex-Song-I-wanted-to-stay-at-Arsenal-for-life.html#ixzz24bc6T9gC

:popcorn:

Marc Overmars
26-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Song. :lol:

I remember him.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2012, 12:11 AM
He wants to sign for life so he joins Barca

Makes sense

He'll be playing for WBA in 2 years

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-08-2012, 12:26 AM
he can fuck off. ignorant tosser.

with all due respect, he had 3 years left on his contract and we have much more pressing, urgent issues to sort out this summer rather than attend to his lacklustre arse.

to even use the 'they werent discussing new terms' line is embarrassing and shows the straws he's clutching at.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Former Arsenal star Freddie Ljungberg has told talkSPORT that he feels the club lack a winning mentality.
And to remedy this, the retired Swede recommends signing experienced players who have title winning credentials.
The Gunners haven’t won silverware in seven seasons and in the last two summers have sold Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri, Alex Song and Robin Van Persie.
And Ljungberg believes that, if the club want to start winning trophies again, they need to invest in their squad to supplement the talented youngsters already plying their trade at the Emirates.
He told the Weekend Sports Breakfast: “I’m a little bit worried. I would actually like to know if Arsene is getting the funding or not because [when I was there] we kept the best players and maybe added one in the summer like Gilberto Silva who had won the World Cup and made the squad stronger.
“I feel that’s not happening at the moment.
“Trying to attract people to come - that’s the problem - because we can’t say we’ll win the Premier League because we haven’t done it for a long time and that makes it even harder.
“It’s difficult but I personally think that they have so much talent that they should try and mix it up and get in some experienced players who have actually won something in Europe or with their national team and get that winning mentality back - but unfortunately that costs money.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120825/exclusive-%E2%80%93-ljungberg-arsenal-have-lost-their-winning-mentality-179455#Ysbr5xKweeFAKr8E.99

How many league winners do we have in the squad?

Giroud, Chamakh are 2 i know of.

Did Pod ever win the Bundesliga with Bayern?

We need more

Toronto Gooner
26-08-2012, 05:31 AM
"Trying to attract people to come - that’s the problem - because we can’t say we’ll win the Premier League because we haven’t done it for a long time "

Sorry Freddie but only Man U, Chelsea and Man City have won the EPL more recently.

Podolski won the Budesliga with Bayern in 2007 - 08.

Vermaelen won the Eredivisie with Ajax in 2003 - 04

Gervinho won Ligue 1 with Lille in 2010 - 11

Arteta won the SPL with Rangers in 2002 -03

Rosicky won the Budesliga with Dortmund in 2001 -02

That makes at least 7 league winners in the squad.

Boss
26-08-2012, 10:17 AM
he can fuck off. ignorant tosser.

with all due respect, he had 3 years left on his contract and we have much more pressing, urgent issues to sort out this summer rather than attend to his lacklustre arse.

to even use the 'they werent discussing new terms' line is embarrassing and shows the straws he's clutching at.

To be fair, our club renegotiates contracts after six months for new signings usually, not sure why they didn't at least offer Song 70k when it wouldn't take that long and all this could have been avoided. Looks like Wenger put all his efforts into trying to get RVP to stay and ignored Song/Walcott.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-08-2012, 02:27 PM
To be fair, our club renegotiates contracts after six months for new signings usually, not sure why they didn't at least offer Song 70k when it wouldn't take that long and all this could have been avoided. Looks like Wenger put all his efforts into trying to get RVP to stay and ignored Song/Walcott.

he had 3 years on his bloody contract, we have bigger fish to fry this summer. im almost certain we were going to sit down and renegotiate september time but his disobedient, arrogant arse wanted it sooner. which is quite frankly laughable. i would understand if it was 1 or 2 years, but 3? come on now.

contracts really mean nothing these days if we lost a player with THREE years on his contract simply because he couldn't wait 2 months for renegotiations.

saintnickle
26-08-2012, 02:56 PM
he had 3 years on his bloody contract, we have bigger fish to fry this summer. im almost certain we were going to sit down and renegotiate september time but his disobedient, arrogant arse wanted it sooner. which is quite frankly laughable. i would understand if it was 1 or 2 years, but 3? come on now.

contracts really mean nothing these days if we lost a player with THREE years on his contract simply because he couldn't wait 2 months for renegotiations.

So you are going to believe wenger and the board then????Its not like theyve ever told lies to the fans is it...

gooners
26-08-2012, 02:56 PM

Tbf though looked liked we kept fobbing him off repeatedly. Players are a bit thick but i doubt song suddenly threw a strop when he was told just one time to expect negotiations at such and such time.

History is not on our side tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
26-08-2012, 03:23 PM
So you are going to believe wenger and the board then????Its not like theyve ever told lies to the fans is it...

Yes they have told lies and alot but no one reall knows, Song won't say i wanted more money the board will say what ever to defend them.

Don't know who was right and i don't really care. The way i see it we did not have to sell he had 3 years left so we were under no pressure to sell or get money for the board.

It was Arsenal decsion to sell it seems so there must have been a reason.

saintnickle
26-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Well they had to sell someone to make up the £15 million defecit in the transfer window.song was probably the only one left worth that ammount of money

Olivier's xmas twist
26-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Well they had to sell someone to make up the £15 million defecit in the transfer window.song was probably the only one left worth that ammount of money

No really could have sold Theo to who ever for 15 to 20.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-08-2012, 03:53 PM

dont even try going down that route of argument pal. our board and wenger get a load of stick for a lot of things but if you're for one minute blaming the board for telling song to do one until after the transfer window when he has THREE, yes THREE years left on his contract, then there's something inherently wrong with our fanbase.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-08-2012, 04:03 PM

dont buy that argument im afraid. do you honestly, deep down in your heart of hearts think wenger wanted to sell song in order to balance our profit and loss accounts this summer? a player he persisted with for so many years; someone who everyone - including arsenal fans - kept saying would never be good enough at arsenal? a player who single handedly put in one of the worst arsenal performances i have ever seen at craven cottage, only to go and turn into a critical player last season? you really think wenger thought 'fuck it, hes turned into a star so lets sell him to balance our transfers'..? i dont buy that im afraid.

you can follow that hypothesis if you want but personally i think (and from what ive heard) song turned into an absolute c*nt over the past few months. it was evident by some of his actions in pre-season, rolling up his shorts in preseason games as if he's tony montana's godson, when in fact he was performing like harold and kumar's long lost brother. put your hate for arsene aside and realise we sold song because wenger wanted to sell for footballing reasons. his attitude stinks and we can easily improve on him.

saintnickle
26-08-2012, 09:41 PM
We can easliy improve on him but we wont.I will wager whatever you want that an ample replacement is not found ,certainly for any decent amount of money.Wenger will do whatever the board tell him just to balance the books .He is quite happy to have a wage structure for everone exept himself and the board.If i was song i would be pissed off .He was carrying our midfield for the last 2 seasons on 50k a week while the prodigal son diaby spent 2 years on the treatment table.Song is 10 times the player diaby ever will be.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2012, 09:57 PM
i wish song would spare us this bullshit of i want to stay at arsenal for life, its not about the money, i just want to stay here.

if he wanted to stay here, he would have waited until the club spoke to him about a new contract, not fucked off when someone else offered one, nor demand one when 3 years left on it. he wanted more money, thats a fact

Olivier's xmas twist
26-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Wenger will do whatever the board tell him .

Yes of course he will they pay him only someone who wants to get sacked would go against the board.

Power n Glory
26-08-2012, 10:05 PM
The fact that we kept fobbing him off speaks volumes. We didn't value him as a player and we'd have never sold him if Barca didn't stump up £15m regardless of behaviour. I think reports of Song's behaviour have been exaggerated and I think it's wrong for the club to leak these sort of reports. When players speak ill of the club they get stick, shouldn't the same principle apply to the club if that's your view? Song didn't kick up a fuss in the press so I think he deserved a bit better. As for what makes business sense, I don't bloody care and it's about time we stopped applauding the clubs ability to be penny pinching, tight c***s. The money doesn't go into our pockets, it just takes more quality away from the pitch and results in the boring shite we're having to watch now.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2012, 10:10 PM
The fact that we kept fobbing him off speaks volumes. We didn't value him as a player and we'd have never sold him if Barca didn't stump up £15m regardless of behaviour. I think reports of Song's behaviour have been exaggerated and I think it's wrong for the club to leak these sort of reports. When players speak ill of the club they get stick, shouldn't the same principle apply to the club if that's your view? Song didn't kick up a fuss in the press so I think he deserved a bit better. As for what makes business sense, I don't bloody care and it's about time we stopped applauding the clubs ability to be penny pinching, tight c***s. The money doesn't go into our pockets, it just takes more quality away from the pitch and results in the boring shite we're having to watch now.

we did value him as a player, we gave him a big 5 year contract. we wanted mroe money and started trying to make the club give him more money when it was the clear the club had more urgent stuff to deal with. the club rightly told him to go fuck himself

Olivier's xmas twist
26-08-2012, 10:12 PM
we did value him as a player, we gave him a big 5 year contract. we wanted mroe money and started trying to make the club give him more money when it was the clear the club had more urgent stuff to deal with. the club rightly told him to go fuck himself

Pretty much. you'd have thought from what he came from he'd would have been greatful with what he got.

GP
26-08-2012, 10:14 PM

:gp:

Cripps_orig
26-08-2012, 10:16 PM
As for what makes business sense, I don't bloody care and it's about time we stopped applauding the clubs ability to be penny pinching, tight c***s. The money doesn't go into our pockets, it just takes more quality away from the pitch and results in the boring shite we're having to watch now.

Spot on.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2012, 10:19 PM
if the club had spent time negotiating songs contract this summer knowing he had 3 years left instead of working on transfers and contracts with less time on them, i would have been fucking furious

Power n Glory
26-08-2012, 10:19 PM

Does it matter that he's asking for more money. Is that something that should concern you as a fan? Keeping our top performers and remaining competitive should be your main concern and not this nonsense. It's the clubs job to retain their best players and they're doing a poor job of it. It's the reason why we suffer on the pitch. Great, we've possibly saved money and we'll break even this year, but it's not going to keep the ticket prices low, now is it? You should think about that. Continue to praise financial prudence while the club have their hands in your pocket while draining the quality away from the pitch. We're not even enjoyable to watch anymore.

SayNoMore
26-08-2012, 10:22 PM

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Does it matter that he's asking for more money. Is that something that should concern you as a fan? Keeping our top performers and remaining competitive should be your main concern and not this nonsense. It's the clubs job to retain their best players and they're doing a poor job of it. It's the reason why we suffer on the pitch. Great, we've possibly saved money and we'll break even this year, but it's not going to keep the ticket prices low, now is it? You should think about that. Continue to praise financial prudence while the club have their hands in your pocket while draining the quality away from the pitch. We're not even enjoyable to watch anymore.

THEY GAVE HIM A FUCKING FIVE YEAR CONTRACT TWO YEARS AGO. tahts a pretty good job of retaining players. if he didnt like that contract, he shouldnt have agreed to it, blame his fucking agent. im sorry but no time should have been given to songs deal this usmmer, he had 3 fucking years left on it, and we had more important things to do this summer then worry about some **** who wanted more money when he had 3 years left on his contract. how can you blame the club for not retaining top players when top players demand a new contract, 2 years into their new deal, and lets face it, they ahve wanted a new deal for about a year now so thats 1 year into a five year deal and he wants a new one? fuck off

Power n Glory
26-08-2012, 10:28 PM
THEY GAVE HIM A FUCKING FIVE YEAR CONTRACT TWO YEARS AGO. tahts a pretty good job of retaining players. if he didnt like that contract, he shouldnt have agreed to it, blame his fucking agent. im sorry but no time should have been given to songs deal this usmmer, he had 3 fucking years left on it, and we had more important things to do this summer then worry about some **** who wanted more money when he had 3 years left on his contract. how can you blame the club for not retaining top players when top players demand a new contract, 2 years into their new deal, and lets face it, they ahve wanted a new deal for about a year now so thats 1 year into a five year deal and he wants a new one? fuck off

Didn't Kosienly get a new deal this summer?

But you're missing the point and defending bullshit.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Didn't Kosienly get a new deal this summer?

But you're missing the point and defending bullshit.

yes kos did get a new deal left this summer, however he had two years left, the time when as a club we reneogatiate the deal otherwise he have an rvp left. the club did well there.

the club will charge us what they like, there is fuck all we can do about that, i will pay it when i can because i enjoy and love watching my club

Power n Glory
26-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Again, I ask...what's in this for us? What should be our main concern as fans? Twisted priorities and foolish.

Power n Glory
26-08-2012, 10:33 PM
yes kos did get a new deal left this summer, however he had two years left, the time when as a club we reneogatiate the deal otherwise he have an rvp left. the club did well there.

the club will charge us what they like, there is fuck all we can do about that, i will pay it when i can because i enjoy and love watching my club

You should print Gazidis on the back of your Arsenal shirt.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Again, I ask...what's in this for us? What should be our main concern as fans? Twisted priorities and foolish.

what do you mean whats in it for us? whats in it for me is seeing committed players playing with 100% effort and desire week in week out for the club i love. not ****s demanding more money and a new contract when they are 1 year into a new 5 year deal

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2012, 10:40 PM
We need a new regulation that states any player who doesn't honour a contract is banned until that contract expires. That would make the ****s think before they put pen to paper. Right now a new contract just means a pay rise, the ****s don't expect to actually be bound by anything. They can engineer a move whenever they want, that **** Ronaldo even claimed he was being treated like a slave. And Europeans should fuck off with the laws and their fascist bullshit superstate, the ****s. Who the fuck gives a fuck if they demand the same rights for football scrotes as for your average joe in the factory? Plainly football scrotes aren't your average joe, they need to be dragged back into line - especially as most of them are shit compared to the decent players who used to get paid a tenner for turning up. It's true the clubs had too much power, but now it's swung to the other extreme. So ban any **** that doesn't honour the contract and to make it fair, owners should be beaten to death with a plank of wood. In the event the contract ban thing can't happen (which it probably can't) the owners should still be beaten to death with a plank of wood.

Özim
26-08-2012, 10:45 PM
whats in it for me is seeing committed players playing with 100% effort and desire week in week out for the club i love.
Where do you go and see that out of interest?

Cripps_orig
28-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Arsenal
SPENDING £40M
TWO games and no goals show where Arsenal’s problems lie and there are few better finishers around than Jermain Defoe.
I’m sure Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud will get goals for the Gunners once they have picked up the pace of the Premier League.
But Arsenal cannot afford another dodgy start to a campaign after playing catch-up for all of last season.
So if I was Arsene Wenger, I would make an audacious bid for Defoe, whose face doesn’t seem to fit at Spurs and who looks up for a move.
Defoe would be the perfect replacement for Robin van Persie, the penalty box predator to finish off all those half-chances which are currently going begging.
The good news is Arsenal seem a little more solid at the back since Steve Bould was promoted to Arsene’s No 2 and they should be OK once Laurent Koscielny is back alongside Thomas Vermaelen.
But they could do with another central midfielder after selling Alex Song to Barcelona and I could see Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye fitting in very nicely.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4507239/Jermain-Defoe-can-be-Arsenals-new-Van-Persie-Ian-Wright.html#ixzz24qAfkuNB

:lol:

Wrighty :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2012, 11:49 AM
He is an absolute berk.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2012, 11:54 AM
He is an absolute berk.

GP
28-08-2012, 11:59 AM
It's staggering that's paid for that shit.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2012, 12:00 PM
It's staggering that's paid for that shit.

Pretty much.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Footballers are guaranteed jobs after their playing career, no matter how much it would appear to be beyond them.

Gits.

Cripps_orig
30-08-2012, 12:03 AM
ARSENAL legend Frank McLintock has hit out at the Gunners after last-ditch panic talks to keep Theo Walcott.
McLintock, the skipper who lifted the Double at Highbury in 1971, is amazed that the club has got itself into another transfer mess.
Arsenal appear to have clung on to Walcott — for the time being at least — but their selling policy has left former Scottish centre-half McLintock perplexed and angry.
The shocking Emirates exodus is perfectly illustrated by the team photograph above, which was taken ahead of the Champions League quarter-final second-leg home clash with Villarreal on April 15, 2009.
Just THREE players, Walcott, Kieran Gibbs and Lukasz Fabianski, are still at Arsenal — while seven of the remaining eight stars have been flogged for a combined £145million.
Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas Samir Nasri, Alex Song, Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor and Emmanuel Eboue were all sold. Defender Mikael Silvestre was let go on a free in August 2010 by manager Arsene Wenger.
McLintock said: “The photo sums it up perfectly. There’s only three players left after only three years.
“You can’t keep changing your team every year and that’s what has been happening.
“It’s almost as though there has been a crisis every time the transfer window opens and I don’t think it’s fair to the supporters.
“We’ve always been two or three players from really challenging for the title but you can’t be changing most of your team every two years.
“When we’ve not spent money, the reason given is because we are still paying for the new stadium and everyone’s gone along with it.
“But how long do we have to wait until we say ‘Right, the debt’s cleared and now we can compete with City, Chelsea and United’?
“Arsenal fans would like to know whether the club will ever do that again.”
McLintock, 72, even doubts his own view that the Gunners can still be ranked among the world’s best teams.
He added: “I’ve always regarded Arsenal as one of the biggest clubs in the world but maybe I’m wrong now.
“We seem to be selling all the time, especially to Manchester and it’s something that myself and the supporters don’t like to see.
“Maybe times have changed in the last three or four years and we’re the also-rans fighting for fourth place behind United, City and Chelsea.
“We’ve sold for a lot of money and seemed to get players who are not quite as good as the ones who have left.
“You can’t keep on doing that all the time because supporters will get annoyed and wonder why.”
The move to the Emirates in 2006 is estimated to have cost Arsenal around £390m.
Financing the switch from Highbury has been blamed for the lack of investment in the squad.
McLintock said: “The Emirates was meant to help us compete with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona but you can’t keep losing the players we’ve lost every year.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4511012/Arsenal-Frank-McLintock-fury-at-club.html#ixzz24z0MA5PS

Absolutely spot on from Frank

You can see hes hurting.

V-Pig
30-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Why say that now? We lost our best players after Song and RVP left. Walcott is no worse than losing Vela. It shouldn't trigger this bullshit from a has-been.

Cripps_orig
30-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Oh dear

fakeyank
30-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Why say that now? We lost our best players after Song and RVP left. Walcott is no worse than losing Vela. It shouldn't trigger this bullshit from a has-been.

Bullshit? :lol:

Its facts.. shouldnt have moved out of Highbury tbh.. biggest mistake AFC ever committed. We are fucked!

LDG
30-08-2012, 08:04 AM
The understanding of the situation from Frank is a bit simplistic, but in essence, he is only questioning what all gooners are questioning right now.

That said, FY, if you think staying at Highbury would have kept us in the title hunt, you're havin a fuckin laugh mate.

Letters
30-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Its facts.. shouldnt have moved out of Highbury tbh.. biggest mistake AFC ever committed.
Rubbish. If we were still at Highbury we'd have even less chance of competing in the modern game.

Globalgunner
30-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Rubbish. If we were still at Highbury we'd have even less chance of competing in the modern game.

Thank God we moved otherwise wed be competing with Spuds Westpam and Leyton orient for the olympic stadium. Some would say back to our roots. In fact the spuds would have even loved to pay us money to move out.

No our problems have little to do with the stadium move and more to do with the fact that we are managed by a bunch of pin headed amateurs.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 09:27 AM
There's no chance we'd be in the top 4 now if we stayed at Highbury because our revenue stream was dwarfed.

Grebbo
30-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Frank McLintock is a moaning old girl. I remember watching him when he was on Soccer Saturday and he was moaning back then about Petit and Vieira. PETIT & VIEIRA!!

The bottom line is we've lost two world class players in RVP and Cesc and a very good player in Nasri. The rest of them were not good enough to win things IMO.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Bullshit? :lol:

Its facts.. shouldnt have moved out of Highbury tbh.. biggest mistake AFC ever committed. We are fucked!

No way we'd be better off staying at Highbury we'd be spending even less then we fo now on transfers. The move was not the problem the planning was.

Where Wenger and the board went wrong was putting CL footie above a trophie and not going for both.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Frank McLintock is a moaning old girl. I remember watching him when he was on Soccer Saturday and he was moaning back then about Petit and Vieira. PETIT & VIEIRA!!

The bottom line is we've lost two world class players in RVP and Cesc and a very good player in Nasri. The rest of them were not good enough to win things IMO.

TBF to him he just wants to see Arsenal win a trophy and more importantly win the league and feels hurt by the way things are going. He is diffrent to the younger legends like Parlour/Winterburn who seem more calmer.

Grebbo
30-08-2012, 09:42 AM
TBF to him he just wants to see Arsenal win a trophy and more importantly win the league and feels hurt by the way things are going. He is diffrent to the younger legends like Parlour/Winterburn who seem more calmer.

Well someone needs to tell him there's been a game changer - Oil money.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Well someone needs to tell him there's been a game changer - Oil money.

True, very true.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Stewart Robson believes Arsenal should cash in on Theo Walcott as he’s simply too inconsistent.

The England international looks set for a surprise move away from the Emirates after talks over a new deal at the club became deadlocked.

And ex-Gunners star Robson claims Arsene Wenger should get rid of the former Southampton man.

He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “If you’re spending £75,000 a week on a player then you need him to be consistent, he needs to be one of your main players. I’m not sure Theo Walcott is that player.

“He’s been too inconsistent during his time at Arsenal. Is he getting better? Is he going to be a top class player? I’m not so sure.

“He’s at his best when the game is stretched and he can come on as an impact player, but you can’t pay an impact player £75,000 a week."

Manchester City and Liverpool have been linked with the 23-year-old and Robson believes the Gunners can cope should Walcott leave the club before the end of the transfer window.

“Arsenal could get a bit of money for him now,” he added. “I don’t think Walcott will be missed if he leaves.

“If I was the manager or on the board, I’d be looking to sell him anyway because I don’t think he’s improved during the time he’s been at Arsenal."
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...fvLcwsY4jDW.99

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120829/exclusive-robson-arsenal-must-cash-walcott-179734

Cripps_orig
30-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Robson :lol:

IBK
30-08-2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120829/exclusive-robson-arsenal-must-cash-walcott-179734

Can't really argue with that.

Cripps_orig
01-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Former Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires is confident that all of the club's new signings will prove to be successful, and feels that Olivier Giroud can fill the void left by Robin van Persie.

With the Dutch striker now at Manchester United, the pressure is on attacking summer recruits Giroud, Lukas Podolski and midfielder Santi Cazorla to bring goals to the side.

The Gunners have so far drawn both of their opening two Premier League fixtures 0-0 against Sunderland and Stoke, but Pires is confident that with time and patience, Arsene Wenger's new additions will come good.

"It takes time to adapt, and it is especially hard for attacking players, but I am optimistic that both Giroud and Podolski can be a success," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"I have seen Giroud playing in France and he has the qualities you need in England. He is strong and he has a good touch. He can be like Van Persie in my opinion.

"Podolski is very mobile around the pitch and he is a Germany international with many caps. They will adapt. Santi Cazorla is someone I know well. He has adjusted to England very quickly and the fans will love him."

Arsenal have once again lost some of their biggest stars with both Van Persie and Alex Song moving on, but Pires believes that the past few seasons have shown that they know how to adapt to losing key players.

He added: "This is a difficult time for Arsene Wenger. He has lost important players in the last year like Gael Clichy, Cesc Fabregas, Van Persie and Song.

"But he has lost players in the past and replaced them and I am sure he will do it again."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/01/3347567/giroud-can-replace-van-persie-insists-former-arsenal-star

Pires missing the point

Penguin
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM
I completely agree with Robson. I've said it for ages, Theo isn't good enough at this level and we should have cut our losses on him years ago. He's deluded if he thinks he deserves £75k a week. Good luck to the mugs that are willing to pay him that.

Cripps_orig
07-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Cesc Fabregas says that he hopes Barcelona stay at Camp Nou, stating that former club Arsenal's new Emirates Stadium "is no Highbury".

Arsenal left their famous ground in 2006 to move to the Emirates Stadium, and are yet to pick up a trophy since the departure, with some suggesting that a lack of atmosphere in a big stadium can be detrimental to on-field success.

The Spain international expressed the hope that the Blaugrana remain at Camp Nou for the foreseeable future, citing the belief that there was a loss of atmosphere after Arsenal left Highbury for the Emirates during his time in north London.

"Camp Nou is a beast of a stadium," he was quoted as saing by Diari ARA. "I wouldn't want the same thing to happen as with Arsenal. The Emirates is not Highbury.

"Highbury was very tiny, but it had its charm. Emirates is a great stadium, modern, but it's not Highbury."

How would he know? He hardly played at Highbury. **** needs to STFU and die

Cripps_orig
09-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Former Arsenal defender Nigel Winterburn has told talkSPORT that the club needs to change its stance on renewing players’ contracts.
This summer the club lost Robin Van Persie to Manchester United as the player threatened to play out the last year of his deal and leave on a free transfer.
Meanwhile, right-back Bacary Sagna has admitted that despite only having a season left on his current contract, he hasn’t received any word on a new one even though he would like to stay at the Emirates.
And this has concerned Winterburn who wants this worrying habit, of allowing players to get into the last year of their deals, to come to an end.
“I would think that there has to be an internal review at the football club as to why several players are getting right down to inside the last year of their contracts,” he told Kick Off.
“Really you need to start nailing them down when they’ve got a year-and-a-half to go.
“When you drop inside that last year, in players’ minds they’re starting to question if the clubs still want them, a little bit.
“From Arsenal’s view that is something that needs to be looked at.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120906/exclusive-%E2%80%93-winterburn-arsenal-need-review-their-contract-renewal-policy-1804#jAHxgZz2E6aIChbK.99

Spot on

Niall_Quinn
09-09-2012, 02:28 PM
“When you drop inside that last year, in players’ minds they’re starting to question if the clubs still want them, a little bit.

The board is gutless. They should just come out and tell these players they are being sold. This could stop the silliness with players speaking in the media and the bad feeling that surrounds each transfer. A simple statement made once, "Yes, we are selling all our players, yes we only care about personal profit, yes, the fans can go and do one - but send us all your money first!"

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Arsene Wenger has been left hurt by Arsenal fans that don’t trust his managerial methodologies, says Nigel Winterburn.
The Gunners boss has been in charge of the club for 16 years overseeing three Premier League title wins and four FA Cup triumphs.
But the trophies have dried up and after seven barren seasons there has been unrest between the team and its fans.
Winterburn, though, believes they need to back their boss as he looks set to earn a new contract.
He told Drive Time: “Arsene Wenger is a very loyal man. If he says he’s staying until the end of his contract, he will stay. He’s said many times he’s had offers to move to other clubs.
“I think he has been hurt by some of the supporters who haven’t trusted his judgement. They could say they have a right to question him because we haven’t won anything.
“But people say to me, ‘why do Arsenal not spend £30million on players’, but even when Arsenal won things under Arsene Wenger they never spent that amount of money. He always spent relevant money and brought young players through.
“I’m not worried that he hasn’t signed a contract. I think Arsene Wenger is a very proud man and he wants to feel that he has a team that’s capable of achieving something.
“I think he’s just going to sit back, look at it and say, ‘can I re-energise this club? Can I re-energise this crop of players? And can I push them somewhere, even if we can’t win the title, can I at some stage put us in a position where we can challenge for the Premier League?’ I think that’s important for the supporters.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120913/exclusive-%E2%80%93-winterburn-untrusting-supporters-have-hurt-wenger-180847#pvQLJjMjErTdb016.99

Football has changed. Wenger has been incapable of coping with that change and we are left behind

Olivier's xmas twist
14-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Football has changed. Wenger has been incapable of coping with that change and we are left behind

Or has he been Stubborn.

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Or has he been Stubborn.

And that

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Former Arsenal forward Ian Wright has stated that he would relish the opportunity for Shanghai Shenhua striker Didier Drogba to sign for the north London club.

The Ivory Coast international has been linked with a move away from his current side amid issues revolving around the club's boardroom.

Wright, who scored 128 league goals for the Gunners, has spoken highly of the striker who scored the winning penalty in last season's Champions League final.

"I'd love to see Didier Drogba at Arsenal, I'd like to see him come back to England," he told Absolute Radio. "And not play against Arsenal because he's always demolishing them and the back four!"

"Of course you've got to play that kind of thing down. I think if Drogba's coming back to the Premier League I'm sure there'll be a queue and I think if Arsenal are in and around it, I don’t think that's a bad thing. That's not a bad signing.

"Hopefully Arsene can make that happen, if it can happen, because I think he will be a definite positive move in respect of Arsenal and I think he's still got something to offer in the Premier League. So fingers crossed that something can come of that."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/15/3377107/wright-id-love-to-see-drogba-at-arsenal

Wrighty :bow:

Master Splinter
15-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Wrighty still thinks we lose at Bolton every week too.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Wrighty still thinks we lose at Bolton every week too.

Anybody who takes Wright Seriously deserves to be laughed at.

Power n Glory
15-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Too much disrespect for Wright. The guy served us well.

Marc Overmars
15-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Wright the player. :bow:

Wright the pundit/failed TV presenter is a c***.

Power n Glory
15-09-2012, 05:09 PM
He's just outspoken and that's been him from day one. He doesn't sugar coat the fact that we're not at that level anymore.

Dennis Bendtner
15-09-2012, 05:17 PM
He is incredibly thick. If he was a poster on here his views would be roundly mocked (well, they already are). Plenty don't sugarcoat, but he shitcoats.

Syn
15-09-2012, 05:19 PM
He's too outspoken for someone who doesn't think. I don't think he's negative, I think he's very fickle (not in terms of his support of the club, but of his opinions). If we avoid defeats to Man City and Chelsea, I bet he'll be championing our title challenge.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Too much disrespect for Wright. The guy served us well.

The guy at Nando's has Served me well for the last 5 years don't mean to say he is not a bell end.

Dennis Bendtner
15-09-2012, 05:23 PM
He probably still thinks Jermain Defoe is the English David Villa who would fire Arsenal to the title. Or Arsenal should bid for Hart and Kompany to get back at City nicking our players. I don't see what's wrong with disrespecting/not taking him seriously.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-09-2012, 05:26 PM
The guy at Nando's has Served mr well for the last 5 years don't mean to say he is not a bell end.

:haha:

Syn
15-09-2012, 05:28 PM
I can usually decipher Charlie quite well. But I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 05:35 PM
I can usually decipher Charlie quite well. But I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. :lol:

The guy at Nandos, has served me well for the last 5 years. Thas not to say he is not a bell end.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Wrighty is a fan and speaks like one.

No problem with what he says whether i agree with him or not.

He is the voice of the voiceless tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Wrighty is a fan and speaks like one.

No problem with what he says whether i agree with him or not.

He is the voice of the voiceless tbh

Did not loose his voice when he told his son to get the money and sign for chavs when he knew we were after him.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Did not loose his voice when he told his son to get the money and sign for chavs when he knew we were after him.

He won titles there

Would have won f all here

Good move

Power n Glory
15-09-2012, 05:44 PM

Me and my brother saw SWP in a bar one summer not too long after signing for City. My bro told him he should have signed for us. SWP pulled him back to say we had first option to buy him but didn't make a move for him.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:45 PM
/thread

Power n Glory
15-09-2012, 05:45 PM
You young punks have no respect! :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Me and my brother saw SWP in a bar one summer not too long after signing for City. My bro told him he should have signed for us. SWP pulled him back to say we had first option to buy him but didn't make a move for him.

Never said we made a move for him.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Never said we made a move for him.

:blink:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 05:50 PM
:blink:

Show me where i said it.

GP
15-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Wright the player. :bow:

Wright the pundit/failed TV presenter is a c***.

Yep. He talks utter, utter shit.

And his 'son' is shit too.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Show me where i said it.

You said we were after him.

P&G posted SWP said we were never after him

You then deny saying it

I repeat :blink:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 05:53 PM
You said we were after him.

P&G posted SWP said we were never after him

You then deny saying it

I repeat :blink:

I said we were after him i never said we moved for him.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:54 PM
I said we were after him i never said we moved for him.

Whats the difference?

You critisise Wrighty for telling his son to move to Chelsea and not us How can he move to us if we werent after him?

Dear god, its like talking to a brick wall

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Whats the difference?

You critisise Wrighty for telling his son to move to Chelsea and not us How can he move to us if we werent after him?

Dear god, its like talking to a brick wall

Their is a clear diffrence, being after him, means were thinking about making a move for him, moving for him means bidding for him.

Power n Glory
15-09-2012, 06:43 PM
:lol: If Ian Wright posted on GW people say.

Charlie, lay off the yayo, mane!

Power n Glory
15-09-2012, 06:45 PM
http://gangster-movies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gangster-movies-scarface-pacino.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 07:08 PM
:lol: If Ian Wright posted on GW people say.

Charlie, lay off the yayo, mane!

:hug:

Power n Glory
15-09-2012, 07:15 PM
It's okay, man. We're gonna get you some help.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 12:37 AM
CESC FABREGAS is backing Arsene Wenger to confound his critics again and keep Arsenal at the top of the English game.
The controversial sale of star striker Robin van Persie to Manchester United has prompted many to write off the Gunners’ chances this season.
Just like they did when Fabregas was sold to Barcelona last summer.
But the former Gunners skipper argued: “Arsene Wenger is amazing and I’m sure he will prove it again this season.
“He always finds the best young talent in Europe and has the courage to bring them in and give them their chance.
“That is his special talent, the way he works with a player to build their confidence and encourage them to play, to perform at their best.
“That’s why I’m confident that Arsenal will again be up there challenging.
“I hope so. I watch them every weekend because Arsenal still mean so much to me.
“It was a privilege for me to spend eight years at such a magnificent club.
“But now is a new chapter at Barcelona and I said when I signed here that it was going to be the most exciting and difficult challenge of my life.
“I knew I was coming to compete for a place against the best players in the world. But I like big challenges.
“If I didn’t I would have stayed at Arsenal where I was the captain, where I played every game and where I was treated so well.
“I have a big heart, a strong character and I have the courage to carry on competing for my place.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4542137/Cesc-Fabregas-Arsene-Wenger-will-keep-Arsenal-at-top.html#ixzz26gO87Sml

“But I like big challenges. If I didn’t, I would have stayed at Arsenal where I was the captain, where I played every game and where I was treated so well.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4542078/Cesc-Fabregas-Im-happy-at-Barcelona.html#ixzz26gOtnPf7

So playing for Arsenal wasnt a challenge?

What a **** this guy is.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 04:58 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4541816/Thierry-Henry-scores-from-corner-against-Columbus-Crew.html

Why couldnt he ever fluke one like that considering the amount of crap corners he took for us?

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2012, 05:38 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4541816/Thierry-Henry-scores-from-corner-against-Columbus-Crew.html

Why couldnt he ever fluke one like that considering the amount of crap corners he took for us?

Yeah, with that in our armoury we might have been pretty good. :lol:

Cripps_orig
18-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Arsenal legend Ray Parlour believes Theo Walcott must sort out his future and concentrate on playing after failing to start a match for the club so far this season.

Walcott’s existing contract runs out next summer and the winger has been strongly linked with a move to either Manchester City or Liverpool after recently rejecting talks over a new deal.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has previously admitted his concern over Walcott’s current situation, and Parlour says he fails to understand the contract wrangles.

ARSENAL LATEST
9/1 Arsenal are 9/1 with Bet365 to beat Montpellier 2-0 on Tuesday evening

“Everyone wants to see Theo Walcott sign a new contract,” Parlour told talkSPORT. “He’s got a lot of work to do on the pitch though and, at the moment, he’s not playing.

“He’s a good player, but he needs to say whether he’s staying or he’s going and then concentrate on his football.

“All these contract talks can sometimes affect your game. He’s probably thinking more about money and less about his game.

“It’s one of those situations where the player has got to be happy with what he’s got. I can never understand these wrangles over contracts.

"Sure you have a figure in your head which you’re happy with and once that’s been agreed then it’s done. Whether Theo is holding his cards close to his chest and saying, 'well, I’ve got one year left on my contract, I want £100,000 a week', I don’t know."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/18/3385263/walcott-probably-thinking-more-about-money-than-playing-says

Niall_Quinn
18-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Phone Theo in his 4x4 and offer him £55k pw and be sure Shitmack has been left at the side of the road.

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Former Arsenal captain Tony Adams says the club’s selling policy is chipping away at their credibility as one of Europe’s top sides.

Adams, who spent his entire career with the north London club, believes that allowing star players such as Robin van Persie, Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas to leave the Emirates Stadium has given other sides a poor impression of them.

"It sends out all the wrong messages for me, being a selling club," he told the London Evening Standard.

"Piece by piece for seven years, it chips away at your credibility. Selling your best players is part of that.

"I very much see Arsenal as the biggest club in the world, so I can't understand why anybody would want to play anywhere else - but I can understand it was very different for me.

"I am looking at it not as an ex-player or pundit, but as a fan and giving what the fans are thinking and feeling."

The Gunners have made an impressive start to the current campaign, remaining unbeaten in all competitions with the addition of Adams’ former defensive partner Steve Bould to the Arsenal dug-out being cited as an improvement in their back-line, which has shipped just one league goal this season.

However Adams’ feels that the mentality and style of the team is not set-up to be a success.

"The problem for me in the last seven years is the defensive vulnerabilities as a team - the goalkeeper, the back four, even the central midfield players, the mentality of the team," he added.

"I don't think they are a team that are set up to do what Chelsea did last year in the Champions League and I don't think Arsene wants to.

“Year in, year out the team with the best defence wins the league and we saw the team with the best defence win the Champions League, so it makes you wonder why a lot of teams aren't focusing more on defending."

Arsenal got their European campaign off to a good start with a win away at French champions Montpellier on Tuesday.

And despite that early win in the competition, Adams is not optimisitc about their chances of lifting the trophy for the first time at Wembley Stadium next summer.

"I expect them to score goals, but they cannot win the Champions League with their current mentality," he said.

"I hope they prove me wrong, but against the better teams I think they will fall short again. I am not alone here - I think most of the Arsenal fans would agree with me.

"To actually think you are going to play Barcelona or Real Madrid off the pitch...I don't think this team are good enough to do that."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/19/3387186/arsenal-no-more-than-a-feeder-club-says-club-legend-tony

Spot fucking on

Adams :bow:

Time he came back home

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2012, 10:45 AM
We're a buying and selling club.

Arsenal in not as good as Barcelona/Real Madrid shocker.

LDG
19-09-2012, 10:53 AM
We're a buying and selling club.

Arsenal in not as good as Barcelona/Real Madrid shocker.

He looked a state on Sky last night.

IBK
Former Arsenal captain Tony Adams says the club’s selling policy is chipping away at their credibility as one of Europe’s top sides.

Adams, who spent his entire career with the north London club, believes that allowing star players such as Robin van Persie, Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas to leave the Emirates Stadium has given other sides a poor impression of them.

"It sends out all the wrong messages for me, being a selling club," he told the London Evening Standard.

"Piece by piece for seven years, it chips away at your credibility. Selling your best players is part of that.

"I very much see Arsenal as the biggest club in the world, so I can't understand why anybody would want to play anywhere else - but I can understand it was very different for me.

"I am looking at it not as an ex-player or pundit, but as a fan and giving what the fans are thinking and feeling."

The Gunners have made an impressive start to the current campaign, remaining unbeaten in all competitions with the addition of Adams’ former defensive partner Steve Bould to the Arsenal dug-out being cited as an improvement in their back-line, which has shipped just one league goal this season.

However Adams’ feels that the mentality and style of the team is not set-up to be a success.

"The problem for me in the last seven years is the defensive vulnerabilities as a team - the goalkeeper, the back four, even the central midfield players, the mentality of the team," he added.

"I don't think they are a team that are set up to do what Chelsea did last year in the Champions League and I don't think Arsene wants to.

“Year in, year out the team with the best defence wins the league and we saw the team with the best defence win the Champions League, so it makes you wonder why a lot of teams aren't focusing more on defending."

Arsenal got their European campaign off to a good start with a win away at French champions Montpellier on Tuesday.

And despite that early win in the competition, Adams is not optimisitc about their chances of lifting the trophy for the first time at Wembley Stadium next summer.

"I expect them to score goals, but they cannot win the Champions League with their current mentality," he said.

"I hope they prove me wrong, but against the better teams I think they will fall short again. I am not alone here - I think most of the Arsenal fans would agree with me.

"To actually think you are going to play Barcelona or Real Madrid off the pitch...I don't think this team are good enough to do that."

I have no particular issue with what he is saying, but at least we are tring to address the defensive issue. Rome wasn;t built in a day.

As for being a selling club I agree with the credibility chipping point. But what these ex players/pundits never do is suggest an alternative. Reality is that with the rise of the Petro-Dollar billionaire clubs we don't have much choice. Plus the trend was started in order for us to get a new stadium - something that is going to be a problem for most of our competitors in the years to come.

Kano
generally because defending in your penalty area for 89 minutes wont win you a match

"To actually think you are going to play Barcelona or Real Madrid off the pitch..."
how often does anyone do that?

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 10:54 AM
generally because defending in your penalty area for 89 minutes wont win you a match

how often does anyone do that?

Neither did Chelsea

Kano
19-09-2012, 10:57 AM
that's right, they didn't play either of those off the pitch.

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 11:00 AM
They did Barcelona tbh

In the semis

With 10 men

Barca :lol:

Anyway the point is, we all know the like of Barca and Real will have the majority of the ball against most teams. Whilst the likes of Chelsea can adjust their tactics/formations accordingly to go on and humiliate Barca as we saw last season, Wenger wont change a thing and will try to out football them and we'll end up getting slaughtered as shown whenever we have been to the Nou Camp in recent seasons

Kano
19-09-2012, 11:05 AM
i can't abide anything that comes out of adams mouth.

so even if something he says for once may be close to the truth, i refuse to hear it.

he should've stayed drunk, finished his career a ledge and died quietly somewhere of liver failure.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2012, 11:05 AM
He looked a state on Sky last night.

He's very depressing.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/19/3387186/arsenal-no-more-than-a-feeder-club-says-club-legend-tony

Spot fucking on

Adams :bow:

Time he came back home

Adams still drunk i see.

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Adams still drunk i see.

Ive never been drunk but does being drunk mean you speak the truth?

Cos thats all Adams did

Marc Overmars
19-09-2012, 11:44 AM
A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Rome wasn;t built in a day.

Yes it was.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2012, 11:52 AM
A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts.

That just means speaking shit instead of thinking it.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Ive never been drunk but does being drunk mean you speak the truth?

Cos thats all Adams did

I never said he never spoke the truth :coffee:

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 11:54 AM
I never said he never spoke the truth :coffee:

:bow:

Özim
19-09-2012, 11:57 AM
They did Barcelona tbh

In the semis

With 10 men

Anyway the point is, we all know the like of Barca and Real will have the majority of the ball against most teams. Whilst the likes of Chelsea can adjust their tactics/formations accordingly to go on and humiliate Barca as we saw last season, Wenger wont change a thing and will try to out football them and we'll end up getting slaughtered as shown whenever we have been to the Nou Camp in recent seasons
Wenger would rather play pretty (though I question whether it is always) and lose than play ugly and win.

Sometimes you have to look at the opposition and recognise their threat is greater than yours and that you can't just play your own game and win, top managers look at the problem facing them and adapt, Wenger doesn't.

hobson's choice
20-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Didn't know where to post this, but great watch, I love Ian Wright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_MaGEFH8g&feature=g-all-u

fakeyank
20-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Wenger would rather play pretty (though I question whether it is always) and lose than play ugly and win.

Sometimes you have to look at the opposition and recognise their threat is greater than yours and that you can't just play your own game and win, top managers look at the problem facing them and adapt, Wenger doesn't.

I guess the problem AW faced whenever we faced Barca in recent seasons was the fact that he knew that his side couldnt defend to save their families lives.. so he just figured it'd be best to attack. Dont for a second think I am defending him.. he is the manager and he shouldve worked hard on getting a stronger defense. This season (so far), we look strong at the back and look to have what it takes to Chelsea the fuck out of teams like Barca... whether we do it or not is a different story of course.

Kano
20-09-2012, 07:13 AM

then again utd tried to adapt to barca and got battered. sometimes the opposition are so good, it doesn't make a difference what you do

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I guess the problem AW faced whenever we faced Barca in recent seasons was the fact that he knew that his side couldnt defend to save their families lives.. so he just figured it'd be best to attack. Dont for a second think I am defending him.. he is the manager and he shouldve worked hard on getting a stronger defense. This season (so far), we look strong at the back and look to have what it takes to Chelsea the fuck out of teams like Barca... whether we do it or not is a different story of course.

This, but also we don't have the players chavs do and the players we do or did that time, where not players who were defending minded players.

then again utd tried to adapt to barca and got battered. sometimes the opposition are so good, it doesn't make a difference what you do

This.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 12:57 PM
They did Barcelona tbh

In the semis

With 10 men

You say that but when we played Barca when RVP sent off, we defended for the whole game and still lost. we never Attacked them or played that passing way. And had Bendtner not been shit we'd have gone through.

fakeyank
20-09-2012, 02:58 PM
You say that but when we played Barcam when RVP sent off, we defended for the whole game and still lost. we never Attacked them or played that passing way. And had Bendtner not been shit we'd have gone through.

The ref was the biggest c*nt in that game.. This is one of the 3 games where I wish Aids upon the referee for fucking us over so bad*

* The other 2 being the battle of buffet game and the 4-4 draw against newcastle where penalties were given as charity!

Cripps_orig
22-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann insists the club made their right decision in selling Robin Van Persie to Manchester United.

The former German international also shared the details of his quest to enter the world of management, a process that he has embarked under the tutelage of his old manager, Arsene Wenger.

Lehmann, who made 147 appearances for the Gunners recognised the logic in the club ‘s decision to allow Van Persie to seal a £24 million move to Old Trafford during the summer, a move that the goalkeeper saw as a necessity, given the Dutchman’s contract situation and his susceptibility to injury.

“When you see a player wants to leave for money reasons and probably because he thinks that somewhere else it is easier to win, you have to let him go,” Lehmann said, speaking to Laureus.com.

“Particularly when he has only one year on his contract and when he played the first season without an injury in eight or nine years.”

The eccentric shot stopper also backed his compatriots Lukas Podolski and Per Mertesacker to thrive at the Emirates as the season progresses. Podolski, a summer arrival from Bundesliga side FC Koln, has hit the ground running at Arsenal, scoring three goals in his first five appearances for the club, and despite a rocky start to his career in north London, defender Mertesacker has shown signs of significant improvement this campaign.

“They have two players who are very experienced in the national team of Germany and are still at a young age,” Lehmann added.

“Arsenal are expecting to see them performing three times a week on a high level, so far my impression is that everybody’s quite happy with them, but everybody knows that they still have to improve, to adapt to the English football and to adapt to the pace of the game there. Lukas and Per are mentally strong and they have definitely got the potential to perform and to improve their game.”

Lehmann, who returned to Arsenal in 2011 for a brief loan stint, now has management on his mind. Following in the steps of Steve Bould, Lehmann plans to earn his stripes at the club he spent his best years at, and is delighted to have the opportunity to learn from Arsene Wenger.

“I’m looking over his [Wenger’s] shoulder and they let me train the reserves sometimes and the Under 18s, which is a big gesture, and I really appreciate that.

“I would like to probably become a manager after this year dependent on my progress and so I am happy to learn a lot from Arsene and his coaching team. It’s a good experience.”

http://sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/arsenal-were-right-to-sell-van-persie-says-jens-lehmann-19831

Jens :bow:

Spot on about the **** and i didnt know he was training the reserves. Next Arsenal manager?

Grebbo
22-09-2012, 11:44 AM
If you've got a spare half hour watch this Wrighty life story video. It's not his gutter press ramblings but an insight into his childhood and making it as a pro. Really good stuff except for the background sob story piano playing.

It's amazing to think that he was working in a factory and playing Sunday league football until signing a short term pro contract at the age of 22! I think we right off young players far too early these days forgetting that their prime isn't until 26/27 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_MaGEFH8g

Xhaka Can’t
22-09-2012, 11:45 AM
His book was a pretty good read - I'd recommend it.

Cripps_orig
27-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Arsenal legend Ian Wright believes the Gunners would see the best of Theo Walcott if they played him as a striker.

The England international is currently in a contract dispute with the club and has had an inconsistent start to the season but scored twice in a fine performance in their 6-1 win over Coventry in the League Cup on Wednesday night.

Wright feels Walcott has all the ability to be a top striker after spending the majority of his career on the wing, and says that all he needs is a chance to prove himself.

"I love Theo and have been saying for a long time that he should be playing as a striker," Wright told ESPN.

"Clearly he is not the finished article and could do with some more work from the Arsenal coaches, but Theo has all the ingredients to be a top striker.

"[Arsene] Wenger has been saying for a long time that he sees Theo developing into a striker, so give the guy a chance to prove he can do it. If it doesn't work, then fair enough, but it has to be worth a try.

"My hope is the fans get Theo's contract situation sorted and then he can get on with showing what he can do on the field. There are so many good things about this guy, but people always tend to focus on the negatives."

The former Gunners striker believes the 23-year-old has faced too much criticism so far in his time at Arsenal, which he feels is solely down to the expectations following his call-up to the England squad for the World Cup in 2006.

He added: "The trouble for me is that people believe he should be doing more than he does every week and that expectation around him isn't all his own fault.

"There he was at 16, never played for Arsenal in the Premier League and he was thrown into the England World Cup squad in 2006. It was stupid. Ever since, people want him to win games on his own every week and nothing he does is good enough.

"I hear so many people slagging off Premier League footballers for being bad role models, but Theo is a great asset to our game. He is a solid young man, articulate and never gets himself into trouble on or off the pitch.

"What more could you want from a guy in a high profile position? So I hope the Arsenal fans give him a bit of a break instead of getting on his back."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/27/3407131/arsenal-would-see-the-best-of-walcott-as-a-striker-says

Spot fucking on once again from Wrighty

Power n Glory
27-09-2012, 03:07 PM
In total agreement.

Kano
27-09-2012, 06:07 PM
that article would hold credence if he broke down exactly why - as arsenals second highest ever goalscorer - theo can be a striker. what his attributes are and what he is missing, instead of just saying "he'd be brill".

surely even wright could manage that.

Master Splinter
27-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure Theo would see praise for his articulacy from Wright as a compliment.

Xhaka Can’t
27-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Why do you fink that?

Cripps_orig
15-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Barcelona midfielder Alex Song has paid tribute to former manager Arsene Wenger, claiming the Frenchman was “like a father” to him during his seven-year spell with Arsenal.

The Cameroon international moved to north London as a 17-year-old, and initially found it hard to adapt to life in the capital after leaving his family in France.

And Song claims that Wenger made the transition to a new country and culture easy, allowing him to focus on his progression as a footballer.

“I am who I am thanks to him [Wenger],” he told Barca Magazine.

“When I came to England, he was a big help to me. I was very young, just 17, not 25 like I am now. Wenger was like a father to me.

“It was very hard for me at first because I had left my family behind in France, and so he treated me like a son.

“I have a great relationship with Wenger. I want to thank him for believing in me. I want to give him back everything he gave me I’m sure he's happy to see where I am now and the kind of player I have become.

“He always said ‘do you remember your first touches of the ball when you came to Arsenal? They’re not the same as they are now’. And I’d answer: ‘you’re right. They’re certainly not the same as they are now’”.

Song claims that he is settling into life in Spain well, but also offers his thanks to team-mate Cesc Fabregas for helping him adjust.

He added: “I have known him [Fabregas] for a long time and I slept at his house for the first few nights I was here. He’s a good friend. He tries to help me in training, in every game, on and off the field.”

The old "Wenger is a father to me" crap :rolleyes:

Cripps_orig
15-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Cesc Fabregas has stated he has had to adapt his style of play since transferring from Arsenal to Barcelona because of the difference between the Premier League and La Liga.

Although the Spaniard joined Arsenal when he was 16-years-old, he still believes the basis of his game came from his coaching in the Barcelona academy, where he was trained before joining the Gunners.

"A lot of my style is based on that of the Premier League but with a base of La Masia [the Barcelona academy]," Fabregas told El Pais.

"Returning to Barcelona took some work, because I had spent a long time doing other things."

"Here, there is more order. You have to live through it to understand the difference."

The 25-year-old midfielder also revealed how difficult it was to go from being considered the best player in his position at Arsenal, to a club where they have more competition for places.

He added: "To play for the best team in the world is not easy. I was Arsenal captain, I felt super-important and here you need to take on board that three of the five best players in the world play your position.

"[But] it is fantastic. All I can do is fight, learn and when one [of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi] is not there, play, work hard, and enjoy myself."

What a ****

IBK
15-10-2012, 08:13 PM
What a ****

I found that quite interesting. Still a **** though.

Cripps_orig
17-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Frank McLintock has told Arsenal fans to forget about any big-money singings arriving at the Emirates in the transfer window.
Reports have emerged from the Gunners that Arsene Wenger has a £35million transfer kitty to spend in January on a star striker.
But former Highbury favourite McLintock claims Wenger’s prudence means he won’t be splashing out on just one player.
“Things are looking pretty good at Arsenal,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. “There was talk in the papers over the last few days that Arsene Wenger has £35million to spend on a striker but I don’t think he’ll ever do that. He’ll have a heart attack before he ever does something like that!“
But the McLintock did go on to say that, even if the club don’t land a big-name signing, honours could be coming Arsenal’s way at the end of the season.
“I like the look of what I’ve seen already apart from the Chelsea game,” he said. “Most of the performances have been very good.
"The defence has tightened up, there seems a little bit more team-work, Luka Podolski and Santo Cazorla have been outstanding and Olivier Giroud looks a hard working player.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121017/exclusive-mclintock-arsenal-fans-should-forget-about-big-mon#SdRqllUhUEM034Sb.99

Pretty much what all fans expected

That £35m will be going in to Wengers and Boards pockets

Cripps_orig
17-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Cesc Fabregas says he would have spent his whole career at Arsenal if Barcelona hadn't bid for him.
The Arsenal skipper left London to head back to his hometown club last summer for a fee of £35m.
But Fabregas says he was extremely happy at Arsenal and wouldn't have left for any other club.
"It was a dream for me to play for Barca, but I wasn't upset at Arsenal," the Spaniard told the French press ahead of Spain’s match against France on Tuesday night.
"I lived in what, for me, is the most beautiful city in the world, I was in an incredible team with a great coach and the fans adored me.
"It was not a matter of life or death [to leave Arsenal]. If Barca had not come calling I would have spent my entire career at Arsenal. That is certain."
The Spaniard also refuted suggestions he moved for money.
"There are teams that would have paid me so much," he added. "But it was always very clear to me. Either I went to Barcelona or I stayed at Arsenal.
"In the end the money...well I came to Barcelona and I earn less [than at Arsenal]."

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121016/fabregas-i-could-have-spent-my-career-arsenal-183230#sIA64gmTyzZYfrmm.99

What a despicable **** he is

Olivier's xmas twist
17-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Frank, Only saying what most are thinking, even if he seems like an old bitter oaf.

Cesc Not sure why he's a **** most players who go to barca if they had the chance.

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Former Arsenal, West Ham, Celtic and Sweden midfielder Freddie Ljungberg is under the spotlight in the first of a series of new features.

What is your current status?
I retired quite recently. I am working though. About six months ago I started a property company.

Would you become a manager?
I've already been asked to do some assistant manager roles but I've said I want to spend a year with my family and then I might come back to it. I'm very happy with the decision. I'm going to live in England - that is going to be my home as I like it here.

What do you do all day now that you aren't playing?
I love architecture and I'm looking to design. I try to find new projects that will be valuable for our company so I am quite busy even though I have just retired. Most people know about the fashion thing but for me architecture and design go hand in hand and it something I have always loved. Now I can do it a little bit more.

Do you still do modelling?
I haven't modelled anything lately. I do some shoots and stuff but I'm not representing anyone at the moment.

How did your underwear modelling go down in the dressing room?
You had to ask that! My pictures were printed off and put up at the training ground - in the toilets, the diner and I was everywhere. There was a lot of banter going on. In the end, I ordered in a few boxes of the underwear for the players and after that they were quiet. It was all a bit of fun.

When will Arsenal win a trophy again?
I would love to say this year but probably not. They have got new players but they have to keep their best ones [which they have not been doing]. If they sold some of the squad players then so be it, but don't sell your best ones.

Who was the best player you have played with?
I have to say Dennis Bergkamp. He had so much talent and ability but he never showboated it. He did it for the team. He never felt the need to show that he could do this or that for the fans. That's something I really respected - he always wanted the best for the team.

Who was your toughest opponent?
Zinedine Zidane. In the same way as Bergkamp, there was always a purpose to what he did. I loved the way he played. They may have both looked calm but they had this enormous winning mentality.

Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo? And why?
They are both great but I would say Messi. If you look at Ronaldo he is probably as good as it gets physically to be a football player. He has the height, speed and weight. He does shoot a lot and, for me, with the ball as it is now it can move whereas in my day the ball didn't move so those shots would not go in. When you look at Messi he doesn't have that physique and it is just pure talent to play football. He doesn't go for the long-range shots because he is so good that he can get so close to the goal that he can just roll the ball in.

When you look at results, who do you look out for?
Always Arsenal. I know it's a boring answer but that's it. I hope they can challenge for the title this season. They have talent but my worry is that you need a big squad to win the Premier League. When the winter months kick-in with a lot of games, and you need to rotate, you need your squad players to be just as good as your starting XI.

What was the highlight of your career?
Winning trophies are highlights. Also, the connection I have with Arsenal fans. On a personal note, I won the Premier League player of the year award [in 2001-02]. That hasn't happened to other Swedish players and was nice for me.

And the low point?
We had a great team for many years at Arsenal but in the Champions League on a few times somehow we conceded an away goal in the last minute. You think you are through and it is all happy days and then someone scores and you can't get back. In a short, not winning the Champions League was my low point.

Which sporting icons would you invite to dinner?
Socrates if he was still alive. He was my idol when I was young. My dad gave me his shirt. Mike Tyson as well. I loved watching Tyson box and it would be nice to talk to him to see what he is like as a human being and the problems he had. Also, Carl Lewis.

Do you follow Joey Barton on Twitter?
Absolutely not.

Do you see the point of Twitter?
I'm not a big user of Twitter but my problem is that there are a lot of people using my name and communicating with former team-mates of mine. I got a lot of calls once after a story on Twitter that said I had agreed to be the manager of Arsenal! I was like, 'no, no, no'.

What's the best bit of banter you have heard?
In the old days at Arsenal, there was amazing banter with the English players. For the first two years, I didn't understand a word.

What's the best bit of advice you've ever had?
In football, when I was young one of my coaches told me not to look at the ball, always look up. That was extremely valuable information. In life, my parents always told me that if I ever came home and said that I had done something because everyone else had, that was not an excuse. They said: "You should always think, make your own decisions, stand by them and not blame it on anyone else."

Who will win the Premier League this year?
I always say Arsenal, but Manchester City have a very strong squad. The big problem with defending the title is that you don't always fight as much. If they can keep their sharpness, their squad looks the strongest.

Freddie :bow:

Other than his Messi shocker, shows why he wont be a good manager tbh

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Ray Parlour fears Theo Walcott is set to follow Robin Van Persie out of the Arsenal exit door.
The former Gunners star believes the England winger's contract wranglings are mirroring those that took place before the Dutchman's departure in a £24million move to Manchester United in the summer.
The ex-Southampton star is yet to agree an extension to his contract that expires in the summer and Parlour admits that the longer the stand-off continues, the more likely it is that Walcott will leave the club.
As the situation goes on, the more you think Theo Walcott will be off
— Ray Parlour
“It’s going to be a bit like the Robin van Persie situation,” Parlour told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. “One minute they say he’s going to sit down and discuss a contract, and then he’s not.
“The longer it goes on, the longer his agent will be trying to get a deal on the table from another club for big money. As the situation goes on, the more you think he’ll be off.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121025/exclusive-parlour-fears-walcott-heading-arsenal-exit-183793#vmR96M1W4SldcGS4.99

Yeah Theos gone

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Ray Parlour believes Arsenal’s lack of creativity will be a cause for concern for Arsene Wenger, after the Gunners slumped to a 2-0 defeat to Schalke in the Champions League.
The Emirates based side failed to carve out any serious goal scoring opportunities against the Germans and Parlour, who won the Premier League title three times with the north London side, claims his former team need to go back to the drawing board.
“They should go back to basics,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. “They need to create more chances.
“Arsenal over the years have created ten to 15 chances a match and often the problem has been finishing those chances off.
“Against Schalke they didn’t have any chances whatsoever though. Their goalkeeper must have expected to be bombarded with shots but there was nothing.
“They were outplayed and out thought. I’m not going to say there were loads of positives because there weren’t. It was a poor performance. The players will be the first to admit that though."
I’m not going to say there were loads of positives because there weren’t. It was a poor performance
— Ray Parlour
Gervinho failed to impress up front during the 2-0 loss to the Bundesliga side and Parlour claims the Ivory Coast star needs to be more consistent.
“There was no creativity,” he added. “Santi Cazrola has been excellent all season but he had a quiet night down the flank.
“Gervinho played up front but he didn’t really get into the game. He needs to be more consistent. Earlier in the season he played that position and did well but he’s got to do it more consistently.
“You never know what you’re going to get out of Gervinho, he could be an 8/10 or a 4/10.”
Parlour went on to claim that, although the result against Schalke was poor, Arsene Wenger’s side should still be able to reach the knockout stages of the Champions League.
“They still should qualify,” he added. “The 2-1 win against Montpellier away from home looks a massive result now.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121025/exclusive-parlour-arsenals-lack-creativity-cause-concern-183792#OZ2XJpY2Ir4m9GIU.99

For so long, our biggest problem was getting someone to finish off the many chances we created.

We are now not even creating chances. We are getting worse

Cripps_orig
28-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Manchester United forward Robin van Persie has praised his former coach Arsene Wenger by insisting the Arsenal boss is a "world class" manager whose ability is on a par with Sir Alex Ferguson's managerial skills.

The former Arsenal striker made a £24 million move to Old Trafford in the summer, but despite seeking silverware elsewhere, the Dutchman had a "fantastic" time in London.

And Van Persie believes he is priveliged to have played for the two Premier League "icons", suggesting he has enjoyed his time around the managers both on and off the pitch.

"I am the only player who can judge what it's like working with Arsene [Wenger] and Sir Alex [Ferguson]," he told Mirror Sport.

"It is an absolute privilege to say that in my career I have had both these managers at the clubs I have played for. They are both icons as managers in football.

"They are both world class, one not more nor less than the other. I purely look at this comparison as a footballer. I look at the way they both work on the pitch, in training, at the club and off the field."

Van Persie will face his former side when Arsenal visit Old Trafford on November 3, and the striker revealed his admiration for both managers' desire to build long-term success at their respective sides.

"I had a fantastic time with Arsene. I enjoyed training, playing, talking and all the other times I spent with him. I love it that I now experience the same with Sir Alex.

"But what I love about both managers is that they came to their clubs for a good cause.

"They both wanted to be at the club for a really long time."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/28/3484122/iconic-ferguson-and-wenger-cant-be-separated-says-van-persie

What an iconic **** he is

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Definitely an icon of the PL.

Up there with Henry, Bergkamp, Zola and Carroll.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-10-2012, 08:00 PM
He has won more with Wenger in fairness.

Xhaka Can’t
28-10-2012, 08:08 PM
He has won more with Wenger in fairness.

Who died and made you Zim?

McNamara That Ghost...
28-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Funny story, I was on my way to the bottle bank...

Syn
28-10-2012, 08:13 PM
If we're 3-0 down with 10 mins to go, I hope Jenkinson is on the pitch and I hope he is following orders from Frimpong.

Dennis Bendtner
28-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Everyone is chummy with the fucker. Expect hugging and manlove. If only we still had Adebayor to step on his face.

Cripps_orig
28-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Everyone is chummy with the fucker. Expect hugging and manlove. If only we still had Adebayor to step on his face.

This

Id love it, absolutely love it if all of our players didnt shake his hand but they all will and be laughing and joking

Football is dead

Dennis Bendtner
28-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Handshakes meh. That's Nasri's thing. Someone can break his face on the pitch. The only one to really try that was Van Persie himself when he took out Adebayor a couple of times. Now he's on the other side. Hmm Arsenal cycles of hate are hard to keep up with.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2012, 08:57 PM
This

Id love it, absolutely love it if all of our players didnt shake his hand but they all will and be laughing and joking

Football is dead
Why should they snub him for, only Barca players do that sort of thing oh and Nasri.

Cripps_orig
28-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Why should they snub him for, only Barca players do that sort of thing oh and Nasri.

Cos hes a ****?

-Xs-
28-10-2012, 09:44 PM

jelgoon
28-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Mclintock's normally quite critical so to speak so positively is a surprise (although it was before our last terrible three matches I guess)

That £35m will be going in to Wengers and Boards pockets[/QUOTE]

jelgoon
28-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Youre right there - he is a ****. Much more of one than Fabregas.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/28/3484122/iconic-ferguson-and-wenger-cant-be-separated-says-van-persie

What an iconic **** he is

Cripps_orig
28-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Debatable

Both are ****s no doubt but whos the bigger ****?

There are reasons for both to take that mantle

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Youre right there - he is a ****. Much more of one than Fabregas.

Well if the Pep Rumors are true then Cesc is a petchulant little tit.

jelgoon
29-10-2012, 02:07 AM
What are the Pep rumours?

Well if the Pep Rumors are true then Cesc is a petchulant little tit.

jelgoon
29-10-2012, 02:10 AM
I think RVC is the bigger ****. Fabregas was stolen really from Barca as a kid and it was natural in a way that he wanted to go back and win things with them. Maybe he should have gone when he was older but possibly he they wouldnt have been as good then. RVC had less excuse really to leave and join our rivals.

Debatable

Both are ****s no doubt but whos the bigger ****?

There are reasons for both to take that mantle

Joker
29-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Can understand why he left given the direction the club is being taken in by Kroenke and his cronies. Still think he's overrated though.

LDG
29-10-2012, 09:33 AM

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 10:31 AM
What are the Pep rumours?

Fifa agent Francois Gallardo has claimed that Pep Guardiola would have stayed at Barcelona, had the club sanctioned the sales of Cesc Fabregas, Gerard Pique, David Villa and Dani Alves.

The coach called time on his four-year spell in charge at Camp Nou in May, citing exhaustion and a need to recharge his batteries.

However, according to the representative, he could have remained in his post, but club president Sandro Rosell saw the quartet as untouchable.

"Guardiola announced his terms of renewal to Rosell. Among them was the sale of four players - Alves, Pique, Cesc and David Villa," Gallardo was quoted as saying by AS.

"Pep did not seem committed to Fabregas, Gerard and Dani, while the reasons for Villa leaving were sporting. He was especially disappointed in Cesc as a person, as he had refused to shake his hand when he signed.

"These players were regarded as untouchable, and the fans would not have accepted the sale."

Guardiola's successor, Tito Vilanova, has enjoyed an unbeaten league start with his side sat in first place, level on points with Atletico Madrid.

Cesc did not shake Peps hand when he was signed apprently.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2012, 11:02 AM
He had a pen in his hand tbf.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

GP
29-10-2012, 11:05 AM
What bullshit is this? Pep is his hero. There's no way he's refuse to shake his hand :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 11:09 AM
What bullshit is this? Pep is his hero. There's no way he's refuse to shake his hand :doh:

Dunno some link Cripps posted in the La Liga thread.

Power n Glory
29-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Hard to believe that. Pep was part of the reason why he wanted to join Barca.

GP
29-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Dunno some link Cripps posted in the La Liga thread.

Goal.com :haha:

jelgoon
29-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Who is overrated?

Can understand why he left given the direction the club is being taken in by Kroenke and his cronies. Still think he's overrated though.

LDG
29-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Who is overrated?

Your face.

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Who is overrated?

That golden boot top scorer guy who is top scorer again so far this season.

Marc Overmars
29-10-2012, 11:58 AM
There's nothing overrated about RVC I'm afraid.

Hope someone snaps him this weekend.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Guardiola was Cesc's hero as a player, not neccesarily as a manager/man. I doubt there wasn't a handshake but I don't doubt the player Guardiola got in Cesc wasn't the player he was expecting.

And yeah hopefully Man Utd play RVP on Wednesday, revenge red cards. :pray:

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-10-2012, 12:08 PM
If City or Chelsea ended up with Guardiola, one of them also went and got Falcao and Mourinho ended up at United I'd probably just :ilt:

GP
29-10-2012, 12:09 PM
There's nothing overrated about RVC I'm afraid.

Hope someone snaps him this weekend.

Hope he gets put in a wheelchair permanently.

Or a box.

Marc Overmars
29-10-2012, 12:10 PM
If City or Chelsea ended up with Guardiola, one of them also went and got Falcao and Mourinho ended up at United I'd probably just :ilt:

It's inevitable really. Only them 3 clubs have the resources to bring in names of that calibre.

Özil's Panoramic View
29-10-2012, 12:15 PM

Utter rubbish

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Goal.com :haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-10-2012, 12:18 PM
It's inevitable really. Only them 3 clubs have the resources to bring in names of that calibre.
That's settled then.

Goodbye cruel world.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Who is overrated?

He means RVC.

LDG
29-10-2012, 12:20 PM
That's settled then.

Goodbye cruel world.

:wave:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 12:21 PM

Guardiola won't go City he'd not want to go somewhere, where he knew he could be out in a year if he did not do well in his 1st year. He more likely go Utd, maybe Chavs. Falcao on the other hand, kind of a hard one to know which of the 2 he would go or if he would come to England at all.

GP
29-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Lee Dixon ‏@LeeDixon2
Big Tony on my radio. Second best captain I played under behind Martin Keown!!!

:popcorn:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 12:38 PM
TBF Adams was drunk most of the time. :Coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 02:16 PM
That golden boot top scorer guy who is top scorer again so far this season.

What do you know, your a racist who hates the Arabs but loves the old Estonians :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2012, 02:20 PM
What do you know, your a racist who hates the Arabs but loves the old Estonians :coffee:

And the old Moldovans and Ukrainians, great blokes.

Syn
29-10-2012, 02:30 PM

Charlie, please tell me this wasn't a typo. Because if it was it's your best work yet. And if it wasn't, it's your best work yet.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Charlie, please tell me this wasn't a typo. Because if it was it's your best work yet. And if it wasn't, it's your best work yet.

Its what it says on the tin.

hobson's choice
29-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Guardiola won't go City he'd not want to go somewhere, where he knew he could be out in a year if he did not do well in his 1st year. He more likely go Utd, maybe Chavs. Falcao on the other hand, kind of a hard one to know which of the 2 he would go or if he would come to England at all.

Don't see him going to Chelsea either, I really think his ideal jobs in England are Us(won't happen tho) and United, two places where he'll pretty much be left alone.

LDG
29-10-2012, 05:41 PM

Mange tout, Rodney. Mange tout.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Cripps_orig
29-10-2012, 07:48 PM

Dont care about Pep. They are welcome to him. Average manager.

Mourinho needs to do the right thing and come to us though

hobson's choice
29-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Mourinho needs to do the right thing and come to us though

He's just waiting for Mancini to get fired

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 08:13 PM
He's just waiting for Mancini to get fired

Pretty much, can see him going City.

Master Splinter
29-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Pretty much, can see him going City.

Pretty much.

The ultimate chequebook manager at the ultimate chequebook club.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Pretty much.

The ultimate chequebook manager at the ultimate chequebook club.

Pretty much.

Cripps_orig
29-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Hes a winner. All that matters

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Who said he was not a winner.

Cripps_orig
29-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Who said he was not a winner.

Never said anyone said that

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Tony Adams has slammed Arsenal’s recent dealings in the transfer market – insisting the Gunners must start to keep hold of their top stars.
Arsene Wenger’s side have seen Robin van Persie, Alex Song, Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas all leave the club in recent years.
And Adams, who won the league championship four times with the north London side, claims Arsenal must stop selling their top names.
“This game is all about players,” he told Keys and Gray. “If you keep selling your best ones then you’re not going to win anything. Most of the teams that win things at the end of the season will have the best players, that sums it up.”
Contract rebel Theo Walcott could become the latest name to leave the club after failing to agree a new deal at the Emirates.
Van Persie was in a similar position before his shock move to Manchester United, and Adams claims this lack of forethought has cost the Gunners dear.

“I never got into the last year of my contract when I was at the club. David Dein, and the people who were running the club, always made sure I had two or three years to run [on my deal].
“They shouldn’t have sold Robin van Persie because you need to keep hold of your best players. They made a mistake there, they should have wrapped Robin's contract up earlier.
"It’s not about finance, they are going to miss Robin’s goals. If you then drop out of the top four then the money [they would have spent on van Persie] would have paid for itself.
“I can see the fans are frustrated, however I do agree with Arsenal’s principles. No one player is bigger than the club.
"They need a structure and a formation but they need to do a little bit of work towards it. If Jack Wilshere plays well are they going to lose him? Arsenal need to start winning things.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121029/exclusive-adams-warns-arsenal-keep-your-stars-or-youll-win-nothing-184106#ixzz2AjhFItOI
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121029/exclusive-adams-warns-arsenal-keep-your-stars-or-youll-win-nothing-184106#YlU6P81E3GOXH2xX.99

Spot on from Mr Arsenal. Time he came home and saved us once more

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Tottenham defender William Gallas has hit out at his former manager Arsene Wenger's idea that qualifying for the Champions League is worth more than winning either the FA or Capital One Cups.
Wenger made his claim last week at Arsenal's AGM as he attempted to justify the club's seventh successive trophyless season.
Gallas was at Arsenal for four of those years but now plays for their north London rivals - and he rejected Wenger's claims completely.
"A trophy is something you lift at the end of the season," he told London 24. "I know which feeling you can have if you lift a trophy - it's fantastic and it doesn't happen many times in your career.
"For me, to finish second or fourth, it's the same - but if you finish on top and if you're the champion it's completely different. For a few months you think you are the best team, the best players, you are so happy.
"To lift a trophy, that is the real thing to do. It's a long time since Tottenham won a trophy. I don't know which one we're going to lift but we want to lift one. Any one will be good."

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121029/wenger-wrong-over-trophy-claim-says-spurs-star-184095#ixzz2AjoqDJ4i
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121029/wenger-wrong-over-trophy-claim-says-spurs-star-184095#xEdyA2V369da86Mi.99

Yup, trophy over 4th all the time for me and i guess most sane fans

Özil's Panoramic View
30-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Any properly run club and Wenger would have been shown the highway for uttering such a ludicrous and odious statement.

And by properly run I mean a club not being run by blood sucking leeches, whose only care is to stuff their fat hog faces with profits, but people who actually understood that the primary aim is to actually be the best and win leagues trophies.

Özil's Panoramic View
30-10-2012, 01:35 AM
It's really a shame to see low the club has sunken to under these vampires. And the shameless fucks don't even attempt to mask their real motives. Brazen, bare faced cash gougers, Kroenke, PHW, Gazidis and rest of cronies.

And Wenger, just how did this winner become such a pathetic loser? I became a Gooner in my high school years, round about the same time he took the reigns. I did this among a throng of then Liverpool supporters (was the club that everyone in Jamaica was inclined to support back then because of the John Barnes connection and we were force fed liverpool matches on the 1 tv station late 80's through early to mid 90's), and I shared in the magical transformation of the club from "boring, boring arsenal" to playing the most breath taking club footie in the world. So just how the fuck did Wenger lose the plot?

Was he just lucky enough to find the right mix of players who had character, skill, technical ability, a winning mentality, and then piggy back on their success, accepting the accolades, while all the time being a weak, clueless manager? Were all the talks of his talent spotting abilities and honing of young talent, transforming them into superstars just a farce?

I've never heard CL footie being an issue for SAF and Man United, as they know that they simply need to win the EPL, or at least be a fierce contender for the it, and they are automically in the CL. And it's not all about the prestige and money for them, they are actually in the CL to win that trophy as well.

fakeyank
30-10-2012, 04:50 AM
It's really a shame to see low the club has sunken to under these vampires. And the shameless fucks don't even attempt to mask their real motives. Brazen, bare faced cash gougers, Kroenke, PHW, Gazidis and rest of cronies.

And Wenger, just how did this winner become such a pathetic loser? I became a Gooner in my high school years, round about the same time he took the reigns. I did this among a throng of then Liverpool supporters (was the club that everyone in Jamaica was inclined to support back then because of the John Barnes connection and we were force fed liverpool matches on the 1 tv station late 80's through early to mid 90's), and I shared in the magical transformation of the club from "boring, boring arsenal" to playing the most breath taking club footie in the world. So just how the fuck did Wenger lose the plot?

Was he just lucky enough to find the right mix of players who had character, skill, technical ability, a winning mentality, and then piggy back on their success, accepting the accolades, while all the time being a weak, clueless manager? Were all the talks of his talent spotting abilities and honing of young talent, transforming them into superstars just a farce?

I've never heard CL footie being an issue for SAF and Man United, as they know that they simply need to win the EPL, or at least be a fierce contender for the it, and they are automically in the CL. And it's not all about the prestige and money for them, they are actually in the CL to win that trophy as well.

I believe he was good and his training/tactics were new at that time.. however the difference between AW and a great manager like SAF is that they evolve. SAF hit the rut between 2005-2007 and he realized that football has changed and he needs to change as well. Look where he is now. AW sat on his shit and thought (still thinks) the world revolves around his outdated philosophy. Its two thousand fucking twelve you twerp.. wake the fuck up!

He just covers his failure as a football manager with imaginary trophies of 4th place, CL qualification etc. And he has a bunch of c*nts like Gazidis, PHW backing it up as well. I hope they all just fucking die..

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Talksport :haha:

Adams :haha:

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Talksport :haha:

Adams :haha:
Well argued

IBK
30-10-2012, 09:42 AM
I've come to the conclusion that Wenger is like a Middle Ages Alchemist - he is stubborn and utterly convinced that with a little tinkering here and there he will get the formula right, yet he has lost the ability to do so, and he is working with increasingly inferior materials. I honestly think that this season will be the first to see us finish outside the top four, and that the issues that many have seen coming for years will finally result in the 'mirage' of a CL capable team will be exposed for what it is.

LDG
30-10-2012, 10:32 AM
I've come to the conclusion that Wenger is like a Middle Ages Alchemist - he is stubborn and utterly convinced that with a little tinkering here and there he will get the formula right, yet he has lost the ability to do so, and he is working with increasingly inferior materials. I honestly think that this season will be the first to see us finish outside the top four, and that the issues that many have seen coming for years will finally result in the 'mirage' of a CL capable team will be exposed for what it is.

I honestly don't believe that a man of that intellegence, knowledge of the club and it's fanbase / history and sore loser mentality, believes that top four is a trophy.

dazthegooner
30-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah I would go with that he's hardly going to slag off his bosses in public its not his way. But as you said he csnt be happy winning nothing.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I believe it mainly cos everything hes said and done the last few years prove it

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah I would go with that he's hardly going to slag off his bosses in public its not his way. But as you said he csnt be happy winning nothing.

Yep only a fool, or someone who did not care being sacked would do that. Of course he wants to win stuff, But he values the EPL the most important then the CL then the Qualifying then the fa cup then the CC.

Maybe he is aiming a bit high, which is funny cause if he aimed at the CC over the epl, he'd be accused of settling for the CC insstead of going for the big trophys.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Board says trophies are the main aim

Wenger says 4th place is

Hes going against the board and in public

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Board says trophies are the main aim

Wenger says 4th place is

No he never, stop talking rubbish and get your facts right.

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2012, 10:48 AM
*sigh*

If only the Board had power to hire and fire an employee.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:48 AM
No he never stop talking rubbish and get your facts right.

You are right

He never stops talking rubbish

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:49 AM
*sigh*

If only the Board had power to hire and fire an employee.

Yep Yep Yep.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:51 AM

If you believe that then more fool you. That is not slagging them off, they's hardly sack him for that.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I believe it cos that is what has happened

Board want trophies

Wenger wants 4th place

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2012, 10:56 AM

Board want trophies

Wenger wants 4th place

And Ach wants attention. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:57 AM
How?

By not sticking up for your beloved Wenger and not agreeing with him?

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:09 AM
And Ach wants attention. :coffee:

Schools out for the week, the kid's got to pass the time some how.

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 11:10 AM

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Letters
30-10-2012, 11:13 AM

Board want trophies

Wenger wants 4th place
And yet the board haven't sacked him despite us not winning a trophy in 7 years.
It's clear enough what their targets are. Wenger is meeting them.

As for what Wenger wants, clearly he wants us to be winning trophies. Why would any manager not want that? Whether he's able to deliver them...well, clearly not. Whether another manager would come in in the current footballing climate and be able to, highly doubtful IMO.

LDG
30-10-2012, 11:16 AM

What's his excuse the rest of the year?

Kano
30-10-2012, 11:19 AM
I honestly don't believe that a man of that intellegence, knowledge of the club and it's fanbase / history and sore loser mentality, believes that top four is a trophy.
power corrupts

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 11:20 AM
And yet the board haven't sacked him despite us not winning a trophy in 7 years.
It's clear enough what their targets are. Wenger is meeting them.

As for what Wenger wants, clearly he wants us to be winning trophies. Why would any manager not want that? Whether he's able to deliver them...well, clearly not. Whether another manager would come in in the current footballing climate and be able to, highly doubtful IMO.
So basically both are lying

Sounds about right

Kano
30-10-2012, 11:24 AM
well if his targets are to keep the cl money rolling and that conflicts with his desire to win a trophy, then why stick around achieving what your employers want?

he's a man in his 60s who won't be in awe or indebted to the board, so why continue to stick around?

it either comes down to delusion or money.

Letters
30-10-2012, 11:32 AM
So basically both are lying

Sounds about right
Both the board and Wenger, I'm sure, want us to win trophies. But I don't believe it's their number one priority, top 4 is.
As a business, that makes sense unfortunately.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2012, 11:52 AM
well if his targets are to keep the cl money rolling and that conflicts with his desire to win a trophy, then why stick around achieving what your employers want?

he's a man in his 60s who won't be in awe or indebted to the board, so why continue to stick around?

it either comes down to delusion or money.

Or priorities.

Maybe they are confident they can win trophies.

After the buffers have banked their 500 mill. Tick.

And Kroenke has his 200 mill pocketed.

They have said, two more years (which coincides with an upturn in revenue) and they'll be able to compete. They don't actually lie about their plans. They just couldn't give a shit that their long and profit hungry plans don't tally with the desires of the fans. The trophies will come, but only after the special people have what they came for.

Kano
30-10-2012, 11:57 AM
'just two more years' is the perfect message to tease fans into believing 'oh that's not too far away, perhaps if we stick with them our dreams will come twue'

yet in two years there will be something else to delay things - always dangle the carrot, keep the mule trotting along

LDG
30-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm gonna go to Barnet in the new year instead of Arsenal.

They really could use fan help right now!

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I guess there is little hope for those who doubt Wenger and the Board are at one.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Maybe he finds it hard to walk away from the club he lovs so much. Its clear he loves th club so much. He may not be doing what you feel is right, but in his mind he is doing what he feels is right and what he feels may benefit the club in the future. Maybe he wants to take the hit from the fans rather then let some new guy come in and have to deal with all the flack.

If people believe Wenger leaves much will change while the people upstairs are still around then they are deluding themselves.

Kano
30-10-2012, 12:54 PM
he loves his salary, that's for sure

Letters
30-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Whatever a load of internet twats think, he is still very highly rated in the game.
He's wouldn't have trouble finding a job elsewhere at a similar level.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 01:05 PM

All managers do.

Kano
30-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Whatever a load of internet twats think, he is still very highly rated in the game.

of course he is, still a decent manager.

but he ain't getting this salary again and he knows it.

Syn
30-10-2012, 01:45 PM

I don't think he could have this combination of job security and salary any where else.

Letters
30-10-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't think he could have this combination of job security and salary any where else.
That's true, but it's unfair on Wenger, IMO, to suggest he's just happy to pick up the money and doesn't love the club or care how we do