PDA

View Full Version : Former Players Views

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Power n Glory
15-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Again, that's not the same as saying 'he's the right man for the job'. He says he needs help from others which is very different to saying he's the right man to turn things around. Very few want Wenger's reign to end on this sad note and it's not just about Wenger either. If he's sacked, we need to be sure the Board have the right plan and man lined up for the job. Wright has said again that he's not sure he should go because nothing is clear cut. I can understand that view because there are no real Arsenal people or football people in general at the top leading the club.

KSE Comedy Club
15-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Read it again. He said i don't want him sacked.

Thing is, wright must know that wenger will never bring anyone in that he will listen to, so if you read between the lines, he wants him sacked :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Again, that's not the same as saying 'he's the right man for the job'. He says he needs help from others which is very different to saying he's the right man to turn things around. Very few want Wenger's reign to end on this sad note and it's not just about Wenger either. If he's sacked, we need to be sure the Board have the right plan and man lined up for the job. Wright has said again that he's not sure he should go because nothing is clear cut. I can understand that view because there are no real Arsenal people or football people in general at the top leading the club.

Good points actually.

Thing is, wright must know that wenger will never bring anyone in that he will listen to, so if you read between the lines, he wants him sacked :good:

:good:

Power n Glory
15-12-2012, 12:16 PM

He doesn't know that for certain and neither does anyone here. He worke well with Dein, things are looking better between him and Gazidis...he listened regarding the pre season tour and we'll see what happens with him and Bould.

Wright usually tells it how it is and he's playing it subtle. Sacking Wenger is risky and not straight forward. Stan knows nothing of football, PHW is still recovering and Gazidis isn't really a football guy. He's more corporate. I want Wenger out but these guys need to have a long term plan and identify the right candidates before they can make a decision. I hope the wheel is in motion as we speak because Wenger's reign is coming to an end.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't think those clubs have got the problem to the same extent as we have (in addition City and Chelsea can afford it), if you look at the rubbish we have, I mean the likes of Chamakh, Squillaci, Denilson, Bendtner, Gervinho, Ramsey, Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Park (some are on loan but still on our wage bill) and add to that the crocks in the form of Gibbs, Diaby, Rosicky that's an awful lot of players and an awful lot of money wasted, none of the other clubs mentioned have anywhere near as many as us...and this is crippling for us.

You can add to that the error prone Koscielny, the cavalier Vermaelen who's defending is naive at best (do we throw Frimpong into this?) and you can start to see the problem.

The salaries are also all based around Wengers idea that everyone should be on similar amounts to avoid an squad discontent, which neither works nor has proved a wise move.

He was guilty of the bung yes, but people make mistakes and as long as they learn from them they deserve a 2nd chance (some would argue someone who has been there and learnt from his mistakes is the perfect person to give advice on the subject). Perhaps his time was up when it all ended, but look at his achievements, much of the time we were unfancied for success and upset the odds, the drinking culture was not one of Graham's flaws but an issue which was deeply ingrained in English culture (and to some extent remains to be today outside sport). In those days we never really seemed to have money and the money certainly wasn't in the game to the same extent, we accepted we couldn't spend but at least we showed signs of heart and desire on the pitch from time to time, no passioneless, soul less football with no real direction.

Squillaci,Fabianski, Arshavin will alway be gone in the summer as their contracts expire. Chamakh and Santos will hopefull be sold in Jan, so our Wage bill should be down a bit come summer. Think JoDo will be on his way too.

Özim
15-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Squillaci,Fabianski, Arshavin will alway be gone in the summer as their contracts expire. Chamakh and Santos will hopefull be sold in Jan, so our Wage bill should be down a bit come summer. Think JoDo will be on his way too.
Wenger reckons Chamakh was a great signing so don't be so sure :lol:

As for the others, it's speculation to be honest, you never know what Wenger will do, more often than not we get rid of the players we don't want to get rid of and hold on to those we think we should have got rid of.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Wenger reckons Chamakh was a great signing so don't be so sure :lol:

As for the others, it's speculation to be honest, you never know what Wenger will do, more often than not we get rid of the players we don't want to get rid of and hold on to those we think we should have got rid of.

Says that but has not played him, the club make a profit selling him, so if they get money it will happen. Can't see those out of contract staying. They all know they are wanted so its most likely they wil move on.

Not sure about the Denilson's and Bendtner;s though. Though the latter has said he wants out, so i can see him on his way. And Denilson has said he don't want to be here. Guess it depends on Săo Paulo if they want to keep him.

Cripps_orig
15-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Again, that was Nigel Winterburn not Ian Wright.

Slightly worried Charlie cant tell the difference between Wright and Winterburn

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Slightly worried Charlie cant tell the difference between Wright and Winterburn

:lol:

Cripps_orig
15-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Ray Parlour has warned Arsene Wenger he must be busy in the January transfer window to rescue Arsenal’s season.
The Gunners are 15 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester United and crashed out of the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night after a humiliating defeat at League Two minnows Bradford.
And Parlour fears Arsenal will continue to struggle unless Wenger gets rid of the ‘dead wood’ next month and freshens up his squad.
“It’s going to be so important this January window,” the former Gunners star said, speaking to the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.
“The performance the other night wasn’t good enough. You go to a place like Bradford and you have got to be on your game. Every single player has got to go out there like they are playing Manchester United.
“He needs to get the dead wood out, he needs to get rid of people that don’t want to be there. The likes of Marouane Chamakh and Andrey Arshavin.
“They have got so many players who are on about seventy-five thousand pounds a week. They need to get them out. Sometimes they bring players down if their attitudes are not right in training.
"Arsene Wenger has to look at his players and really up the quality because he has lost some unbelievable players in the last few years.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121213/exclusive-arsene-wenger-must-be-active-january-and-get-rid-dead-wood-ars-1873#ixzz2F8cJYSpO More importantly than that, we need to get rid of the manager

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 01:30 AM
GEORGE GRAHAM insists under-fire Arsene Wenger will be at Arsenal for YEARS to come.

Arsenal boss Wenger is under more pressure than he has ever encountered in his 16-year reign.

But former manager Graham says the current problems can only be solved by Wenger putting on his “magic hat”.

The man who won league titles with the Gunners in 1989 and 1991 called on Wenger to find the next Thierry Henry or Patrick Vieira — bargains that he moulded into world-beaters.

Graham said: “Arsene’s first period at the club, for seven years it was probably the most attractive and attacking football I’ve ever seen in English football.

“He won three league titles and four FA Cups. He set the standard and unfortunately in the last few seasons the standard is just slowly slipping away.

“Management is about being successful and when you are, you take all the plaudits and the compliments.

“There is a lot of hysterical criticism about Wenger now.

“If you want to stay in the top four, he is the man without question.

“I think Wenger will stay there. He is very powerful at the club and rightly so.

“He will make the decision if he leaves or not. I cannot see him leaving at all.

“He enjoys Arsenal, the power and influence he has got throughout the club. I think Arsene will still be there for a few years yet. I just hope they bring in a better quality of player.”

Wenger’s side crashed out of the Capital One Cup to League Two Bradford last week.

They already look out of the title race but are into the knockout stages of the Champions League. But Graham insists Wenger can regain the backing of the fans and lead Arsenal into a new era.

He added: “Let’s give Arsene the credit. He brought in players for average prices, Thierry Henry, Nicolas Anelka, Marc Overmars, Patrick Vieira, Emmanuel Petit.

“They were all very good players unknown to the fans in England that he turned into fantastic world-class players. That was his strength.

“He did it on a tight budget so it’s not like they are now going to go out and break the transfer record.

“They have never done it during Arsene’s reign so in my opinion he has got to get his magic hat on again and go out and see if he can get players of that quality at good prices.”

Former Arsenal keeper and goalkeeping coach Bob Wilson hit back at comments from ex-Gunners player Stewart Robson.

Robson described Wenger as “a dictator” for the way he leads at the Emirates and SunSport revealed how his No 2 Steve Bould has been isolated.

But Wilson said: “The claims of Arsene being a dictator, and from a former player in Stewart Robson, really upsets me.

“I believe if Steve Bould is being sidelined, he is wealthy enough, sensible enough and strong enough to resign if unhappy with his role.
“To say Wenger appoints yes men is an insult to all the people who have worked under him — myself included. I always stood up to Arsene.”

Bob, standing up to wumger :bow:

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4700886/Arsene-Wenger-needs-his-magic-hat-George-Graham.html#ixzz2FGhuDNDb

Ollie the Optimist
17-12-2012, 09:58 AM
I see you disagree with Robson then. Typical wenger lover. You must have loved the Bradford game

robson who has never worked under wenger, speaks bullshit and so do goal.com

bob wilson, ray parlour, liam brady all say different. two are complete bullshitters, 3 are club legends, who do you believe? someone who spouts off to the media whenever he can, or someone who has worked under wenger and is a legend?

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:02 AM
robson :lol: what a sad, bitter ****

Grebbo
17-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I was listening to Merson slating Gervinho on Soccer Saturday, Merse was saying how he'd play better than Gervinho right now.

Fair enough I thought, Gervinho is proper shite.

I then remembered Song getting similar criticism many years ago. Merse used to say he plays like a "fish up a tree". He now plays for Barcelona.

I guess I'm trying to say that anything can happen with Gervinho and Wenger is a better judge of player than any pundit.

Having said all this I would be amazed if Gervinho developed into being a football player!!

LDG
17-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I was listening to Merson slating Gervinho on Soccer Saturday, Merse was saying how he'd play better than Gervinho right now.

Fair enough I thought, Gervinho is proper shite.

I then remembered Song getting similar criticism many years ago. Merse used to say he plays like a "fish up a tree". He now plays for Barcelona.

I guess I'm trying to say that anything can happen with Gervinho and Wenger is a better judge of player than any pundit.

Having said all this I would be amazed if Gervinho developed into being a football player!!

Yeah, but you could always tell Song could be a good player, even if he had a few shockers.

Gervinho. Not so much.

GP
17-12-2012, 10:34 AM
The difference between Song and Gervinho is Song always knew how to kick a football.

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:34 AM
no, people were always way off with song. he came under heavy criticism that was never really warranted.

with wengers recent history of purchases it is fair to suggest his ability to spot high quality talent is nowhere near as good as it was.

LDG
17-12-2012, 10:52 AM
no, people were always way off with song. he came under heavy criticism that was never really warranted.

with wengers recent history of purchases it is fair to suggest his ability to spot high quality talent is nowhere near as good as it was.

I'm not so sure it's all about his ability to find quality. He's always made mistakes, and/or plumped for some shockers (see Stepanovs, Senderos, Jeffers, Alialiadidilsiadiere etc). There is a certain amount of gamble involved in a lot of his purchases, as he never buys from the top shelf. It's always a question of weighing up fee, with the chance of a player being a success.

The problem now, is that penny-pinching has reached an all time high, and we put all of our eggs into one basket, whereas in previous seasons, we always had more stregnth in depth to fall back on.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 11:06 AM
robson who has never worked under wenger, speaks bullshit and so do goal.com

bob wilson, ray parlour, liam brady all say different. two are complete bullshitters, 3 are club legends, who do you believe? someone who spouts off to the media whenever he can, or someone who has worked under wenger and is a legend?

:gp:

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I'd rather believe someone who sees things as they are rather than someone who makes excuses for Wenger just cos they have worked with him. Obviously they will be biased :doh: Robson whether you like him or not and I don't was spot on. Wenger lovers might not like to hear it but Arsenal lovers agree 100%

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I'd rather believe someone who sees things as they are rather than someone who makes excuses for Wenger just cos they have worked with him. Obviously they will be biased :doh: Robson whether you like him or not and I don't was spot on. Wenger lovers might not like to hear it but Arsenal lovers agree 100%

Ray Parlour has never worked under Wenger, like Robson or Winterburn, so they can't be baised. Highly doubt Bob and Liam are biased too, only having their say. Robson would not know what is going on at the club as much as Brady and Wilson. Which is not to say he does make some good points, that were all thinking. Don't stop him being a **** though.

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Ray Parlour has never worked under Wenger,Stopped reading there

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Stopped reading there

When i said worked, not as a player, as a member of staff.

Kano
17-12-2012, 11:46 AM
“I believe if Steve Bould is being sidelined, he is wealthy enough, sensible enough and strong enough to resign if unhappy with his role.
which is the bottom line. the same is often said about wenger when accusations of him being a scapegoat are thrown about.

bignev
17-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Robson whether you like him or not and I don't was spot on.

How do you know he was spot on? Presumably you haven't worked under Wenger so you have no idea if he is a dictator or not?

Also how can you agree that Wenger's reaction to Eduardo breaking his leg lost us the title? I think there was probably slightly more involved than that.

Robson did raise some good points but "spot on" is far from being correct, there is a lot of things that he said that he has no justification for.

Kano
17-12-2012, 11:51 AM
i think it's fair to say, you've been done there.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 11:54 AM
which is the bottom line. the same is often said about wenger when accusations of him being a scapegoat are thrown about.

Pretty much. Steve would have seen how wumger was with Pat Rice, Steve would not have taken the job, knowing he'd be treated that way. Steve does not seem the bloke to stay in the Job if he was not being listend to or treated unfairly.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 11:55 AM
How do you know he was spot on? Presumably you haven't worked under Wenger so you have no idea if he is a dictator or not?

Also how can you agree that Wenger's reaction to Eduardo breaking his leg lost us the title? I think there was probably slightly more involved than that.

Robson did raise some good points but "spot on" is far from being correct, there is a lot of things that he said that he has no justification for.

If that what Robbo called him, then he'd need to look in the dictionary to see what that term means.

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 12:01 PM
How do you know he was spot on? Presumably you haven't worked under Wenger so you have no idea if he is a dictator or not?Also how can you agree that Wenger's reaction to Eduardo breaking his leg lost us the title? I think there was probably slightly more involved than that.Robson did raise some good points but "spot on" is far from being correct, there is a lot of things that he said that he has no justification for.I guess surrounding himself with Yes men in recent years would suggest he is. Of course there was more to it than Wengers reaction but it would have played a significant part. Had he gotten the team together after that injury and did the "world against us" "do it for Eduardo" speech and motivated the players, maybe we would have done better than we did.

Power n Glory
17-12-2012, 12:14 PM

It's only been a few months so I doubt he'd pack things in now it the rift rumours are true.

Plus, I'm sure he'd want to coach his own team one day and walking out on this job would look bad on his CV. He's at a big club and working under Wenger so it's best he uses his position to his advantage, regardless if he hasn't got as much responsibility right now. Who knows, if Wenger were to quit, he could be in line for the job.

Kano
17-12-2012, 12:17 PM
if you're unhappy, you're unhappy. i'd jack in a job after a few months if i saw no hope of doing the work i wanted to. you stick at things that are manageable, even if far from ideal. so things obviously aren't that bad.

anyway, it's from robson and his sacking from the club still rankles :lol:

Power n Glory
17-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Unhappy is probably a strong word. Frustrated maybe.

Again, it makes no sense for Bould to walk away from this job. This is a huge opportunity for him and even if he doesn't get to do all he wants, he can move on to a bigger role if he bides his time.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-12-2012, 12:39 PM
if you're unhappy, you're unhappy. i'd jack in a job after a few months if i saw no hope of doing the work i wanted to. you stick at things that are manageable, even if far from ideal. so things obviously aren't that bad.

anyway, it's from robson and his sacking from the club still rankles :lol:

thats bollocks.

you really think bould's gonna pack it in just because wenger wont let him manage the defence? the man has kids, a mortgage to pay and loves the club, so look at the bigger picture. sometimes you dont agree with management but you shut up to keep your job. its called having common sense. can you imagine the furore if bould packed in after 3 months. he'd be called weak, gutless, a pussy and so on. someone who gave up and jumped ship.

he's been waiting for this opportunity for years and he's finally got it. he's not an idiot, he knows there are flaws. but he's patient and knows wenger wont be around soon. then he can have his say and have more input.

Kano
17-12-2012, 12:48 PM
no

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-12-2012, 12:56 PM
It's only been a few months so I doubt he'd pack things in now it the rift rumours are true.

Plus, I'm sure he'd want to coach his own team one day and walking out on this job would look bad on his CV. He's at a big club and working under Wenger so it's best he uses his position to his advantage, regardless if he hasn't got as much responsibility right now. Who knows, if Wenger were to quit, he could be in line for the job.

yep. this idea that people can just pack it in and resign as if its an easy decision is laughable. people have kids, family and themselves to look after, its way too utopian and simplistic to suggest bould should just say fuck you to wenger and hand in a resignation. 3 months into a job? :lol: judging by that chris hughton should have packed it in after 2 months at norwich. look where they are now.

Özil's Panoramic View
17-12-2012, 01:07 PM
If employees suddenly decided to pack it in because they are unhappy at their respective jobs, best believe they'd be vitually no work force.

Seems some of you have never been employed a day in your lives. How else can you be spouting such drivel? :lol:

Kano
17-12-2012, 01:11 PM
i think it was bob wilson who knows steve bould and his earnings quite well. best to take it up with him. drop him a line.

Power n Glory
17-12-2012, 02:00 PM
What Wilson said was silly. Unlike Wenger, Bould can't just quit and then find himself coaching at this sort of level in his next job. He's an assistant manager and he hasn't been doing the role for long. He may be able to find work as a youth coach, but he'd probably struggle to find an assistant coach role. This is a huge opportunity for him to step up to the next level. If I had the opporunity to shadow the main boss at my work place and see how he runs the company, I'm not going to quit because he doesn't trust me to make key decisions or run departments yet. That would be stupid.

LDG
17-12-2012, 02:08 PM
What Wilson said was silly. Unlike Wenger, Bould can't just quit and then find himself coaching at this sort of level in his next job. He's an assistant manager and he hasn't been doing the role for long. He may be able to find work as a youth coach, but he'd probably struggle to find an assistant coach role. This is a huge opportunity for him to step up to the next level. If I had the opporunity to shadow the main boss at my work place and see how he runs the company, I'm not going to quit because he doesn't trust me to make key decisions or run departments yet. That would be stupid.

Fair point.

Though Bob does also say that he, himself, stood up to Wenger....and presumably got his spoint accross....

I don't know what the fuss is about.

At the end of the day, we're not doing very well at the moment, and anything and everything negative is going to be amped up to the highest level. Especially in this media driven circus we live.

But it is pretty much universally accepted amongst Gooners, that Stewart Robson is a twonk. And whether of not what he says has any truth, I would be more inclined to listen to Bob Wilson, someone who presumably has a bit more knowledge of what is going on inside the camp....

Kano
17-12-2012, 02:09 PM
let's face it, bould ain't gonna be no manager. this is the biggest gig he'll get, either here or elsewhere. feel free to quote for use in x amount of years.

Power n Glory
17-12-2012, 02:19 PM
That's ignorant. This is how most managers get started.

Kano
17-12-2012, 02:21 PM
he's 50. that boat has sailed.

Özil's Panoramic View
17-12-2012, 02:27 PM
let's face it, bould ain't gonna be no manager. this is the biggest gig he'll get, either here or elsewhere. feel free to quote for use in x amount of years.

Even more reason why he won't just up and leave.

Dream job this for him. Hence, will take the piss for however long.

LDG
17-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Or.

This could all be a load of shit.

And Bould is happy doing what he's doing!

:faint:

GP
17-12-2012, 02:31 PM
What if the next manager brings in his own assistant? Then Bould will have been taking the supposed shit for nothing.

Power n Glory
17-12-2012, 02:33 PM
he's 50. that boat has sailed.

If Wenger were to get sacked mid season (unlikely) he'd be the boss until a new boss is appointed. Nobody here knows what's ahead so I wouldn't write him off. He had a long playing career let's not forget.

Kano
17-12-2012, 02:35 PM
if he had wanted to be a manager, i mean really wanted it, he would've left instead of training the kids for years - not wait until he's 50 in the off chance our longest serving manager quits midseason. fair play, each to their own but he'll never manage here or anywhere else.

Özim
17-12-2012, 04:16 PM
if he had wanted to be a manager, i mean really wanted it, he would've left instead of training the kids for years - not wait until he's 50 in the off chance our longest serving manager quits midseason. fair play, each to their own but he'll never manage here or anywhere else.
Wenger kept telling him he was 2% away from being a manager, sadly he believed him.

bignev
17-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Or.

Ut oh common sense has been thrown into the mix!

Of course the keyboard warriors know more about Arsenal that anybody connected to the club.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Or.

Of course he is happy doing what he is doing.

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Our defence is awful. If Bould is happy with what he's doing then he needs to go.

The Wengerbabies
17-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Of course he is happy doing what he is doing.

Yep a nice salary and no work.

LDG
17-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Our defence is awful. If Bould is happy with what he's doing then he needs to go.

Yet only City above us (I think) have conceded more than us. Go figure!

We can't fucking score in a brothel, and that is our main problem. We have fuck all creativity, and that is why we're losing matches.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 05:07 PM

Every team in the league has a woeful defence. Look at UTD their defence is poor, its their attack that has kept them top the league.

Özim
17-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm unconvinced by our defence and have been all season to be honest, people reckon it's got better and yet we concede plenty of goals and make errors all the time, that doesn't constitute a good defence for me. Yes Man U concede a lot but they have an amazing attack, we have neither and need to improve in both areas IMO.

The team is a mess right now and it totally contradicts Wenger's words about our supposed quality, I don't remember an Arsenal team who didn't have a good defence or good attack.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm unconvinced by our defence and have been all season to be honest, people reckon it's got better and yet we concede plenty of goals and make errors all the time, that doesn't constitute a good defence for me. Yes Man U concede a lot but they have an amazing attack, we have neither and need to improve in both areas IMO.

The team is a mess right now and it totally contradicts Wenger's words about our supposed quality, I don't remember an Arsenal team who didn't have a good defence or good attack.

Oh our defending is woeful, thats for sure and it needs to improve, but its our attack that has sucked ass and the reason we are, where we are .Like you say had we brought JKH in the summer, we be in a much better position then we are now. Our attack had always been our best defence anyways, now we don't even have that.

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:10 PM

in a league full of shit defending, somehow we seem to have the least 'shittest' of the lot. somehow. that is worth something. i mean, that +13 goal difference is way higher than any of those immediately around us (even better than chelsea) and could prove invaluable come may.

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Why?

What are the chances we'll finish level on points with another team? It might happen in midtable but rarely at the business end

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:14 PM
i'm sure utd thought the same last season. look, i'd rather have a superior goal difference than not. it is also an indicator that we are not being completely woeful at the back, which counts for something. i mean seriously, where's the harm in having something else that could help us in the end?

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 10:17 PM
We are shit at the back regardless of GD tbh

Obviously we'd rather have a positive GD but Everton got 4th a few years back with a negative GD.

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:18 PM
of course but most of the league are even worse, which is my point. so we may be shocking at times but not as shocking as most of the others so far.

getting 4th (sigh) with a negative GD is even less likely to happen again than having a very good one.

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Most of the leagues might be worse this season but they will improve or try to.

We wont cos we make the same mistakes every season and thats the fear

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:40 PM
our shape has been better in most cases but it is when we concede that is still the problem, not starting games brightly enough and going behind.

Cripps_orig
18-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Arsenal cannot afford to let Theo Walcott leave the club, according to ex-Gunners defender Sol Campbell.The 23-year-old England forward has yet to agree a new contract, with his current deal set to expire next summer."Theo is a big player," Campbell told BBC Sport. "You don't want to lose him for the best years of his football."For the next five years, I'd pay to keep him. He's a young lad, a good lad who scores goals, and you need to keep those types of players."With Walcott entering the final six months of his deal and the transfer window about to open, Campbell added: "January is very critical. It is a critical moment because if you don't get it right in January you can just forget the rest of the season."Following the departures of Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Robin van Persie in recent years, Walcott could become the latest high-profile exit."People love him, people hate him - but Theo is a good player, a great player, and he's growing every year," said Campbell."You can't lose him because his contract is running out or he wants a little bit more money. You've got to keep those type of players. We've lost too many over time."It used to be losing these players at 30 years old - now they're losing these players at mid-20s and that's crazy. You can't be losing players at mid-20s because of contract situations - it's crazy now."Campbell made 211 appearances in two spells at Arsenal, winning two league titles and two FA Cups, and scoring in the 2006 Champions League final.But his former club have not won a trophy since the 2005 FA Cup, were stunned by League Two Bradford City in the Capital One Cup this month and are 15 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester United.Arsene Wenger's side returned to form with victory at Reading on Monday and are in the last 16 of the Champions League for a 13th consecutive season, but Campbell feels it is vital they bolster their squad in January."I think they should find some money somewhere and get some top players in and just go for it," said the 38-year-old."They have some top players, but I just don't think there's enough. Jack Wilshere epitomises what Arsenal are all about. He's got drive, a great football head, he wants to win. Arsenal need a few more like that."The money available to Wenger for signings and salaries was restricted by Arsenal's move from Highbury to Emirates Stadium in 2006.But they posted another impressive set of financial results in 2012 and will be boosted by a new Ł150m sponsorship deal with Emirates Airline."Arsenal are not in a situation where they are going to go out of business," Campbell explained. "They can actually hedge their bets and go for it."It's about gambling at the right time and I think now it's a critical moment to gamble, to buy players, to invest in them."We can't keep on losing top players because you're never going to build anything. If top players are going to invest in you, you've got to invest in them. They won't take half [the money] to come to Arsenal. Arsenal are not at that level. "They've got a wage structure they don't want to break. I think that's a big problem with attracting the real top players."Arsenal's mixed start to the season has seen Wenger face intense criticism, but Campbell says the Frenchman should remain in charge."He is the right man for the job, but he has to realise that the playing landscape has changed and the market has changed," he added."You've got to sometimes take a risk. Taking a punt on a player 10 years ago for Ł500,000 might now be Ł7m. You can't always get these Ł500,000 players, turn them into great players and sell them for Ł20m."Seven years plus without a trophy for Arsenal is too long. Arsene would be the first to say that. Why not wait until January and just go for it?" I don't get why people think Wenger is still the right man. He will only be the right man if he changes his ways which at his ages and his greed level he won't. Sol is spot on with most of what he said there but ruined it with the rest.

Cripps_orig
18-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Stewart Robson claims Theo Walcott is not a centre-forward and should revert to his normal right wing position.The Gunners star has been desperate to play up front and got his wish during the 5-2 Premier League win against Reading, getting on the scoresheet in the process.But former Highbury favourite Robson believes the former Southampton star isn’t technically strong enough to lead the line for the north London side.“I don’t think that Theo Walcott is a centre-forward,” he told Hawksbee and Jacobs. “There was a myth going round about him playing there all the way through the youth game but, whenever I went to go and watch Southampton, he was a right winger and played a few games in their first team as a centre-forward.“If you’re going to play as a centre-forward you have to be good with your back to goal. Theo Walcott is not very good with his back to goal, he gives it away around 80% of the time.”Arsenal have been linked to both Newcastle’s Demba Ba and Schalke star Klaas Jan-Huntelaar but Robson went on to state that he would be shocked if Arsene Wenger landed either player.“They’re both players who Arsene Wenger could go for but they don’t fit the normal style of pay that Arsenal usually go for, maybe he’s just beginning to change is philosophy,” he added. I see the real Robson is back. After being spot on about Wenger, he's had a shocker here

Özim
18-12-2012, 10:45 PM
of course but most of the league are even worse, which is my point. so we may be shocking at times but not as shocking as most of the others so far.

getting 4th (sigh) with a negative GD is even less likely to happen again than having a very good one.
If we get 4th, which I think we will, in Wenger's head that will mean we've been brilliant and have proved our quality, he won't acknowledge our failings IMO.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 10:49 PM
If we get 4th, which I think we will, in Wenger's head that will mean we've been brilliant and have proved our quality, he won't acknowledge our failings IMO.

Well its not like we were going to win the league anyway. So how is he suppose to take 4th when the majority said we won't even finish in the top 5.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-12-2012, 10:49 PM

Then it will be another massive Ground Hog Day come summer and through out next season.

Özim
18-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Well its not like we were going to win the league anyway. So how is he suppose to take 4th when the majority said we won't even finish in the top 5.
Not that great an achievement IMO, especially as the competition is so poor, this team is full of weaknesses and IMO the worst Arsenal team I've seen, there's nothing to be proud of there.

Özim
18-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Then it will be another massive Ground Hog Day come summer and through out next season.
Most likely yes, the yardstick for us seems to be 4th so if we get that it's job done and everything is good it seems.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Not that great an achievement IMO, especially as the competition is so poor, this team is full of weaknesses and IMO the worst Arsenal team I've seen, there's nothing to be proud of there.

For this squad to get 4th, its one hell of an achievement, when only a few weeks ago they looked like they'd not finish in the top 10. It not sucess no and the failings will be there and im sure im the summer the team wil look better at the start of next season then this.

Özim
18-12-2012, 10:59 PM
For this squad to get 4th, its one hell of an achievement, when only a few weeks ago they looked like they'd not finish in the top 10. It not sucess no and the failings will be there and im sure im the summer the team wil look better at the start of next season then this.
The squad is irrelevant, if the squad isn't good enough then it's the clubs fault so no 4th isn't a great achievement.

You're using the squad as a copout to excuse our current plight, you can't do that as it's our own fault the squad isn't up to it, it's down to incompetence and frankly it's not acceptable. As for looking better next season, don't kid yourself, Wenger has been using this "one more years experience" excuse for donkey's years and it's never made any difference.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Most likely yes, the yardstick for us seems to be 4th so if we get that it's job done and everything is good it seems.

Well, at least we'll have lots to moan on about on here as per usual. We already see the mood when we play some semblance of decent footie and eke out a win, place turns into a fucking ghost town.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-12-2012, 11:03 PM

No massive achievement really. Not when all other 4th spot contenders are such utter shitte and we finish 25 points below the top 2.

Özim
18-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Well, at least we'll have lots to moan on about on here as per usual. We already see the mood when we play some semblance of decent footie and eke out a win, place turns into a fucking ghost town.
Very true :lol:, but I reckon most people aren't convinced that a blip in a pretty dismal season is a reflection on the quality of this team. Belief plays a big part I think and not many people really believe in this team.

I noticed in the last interview Wenger using the "I believe" phrase again, the amount of times he says that he must have set some sort of world record over his time here.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Very true :lol:, but I reckon most people aren't convinced that a blip in a pretty dismal season is a reflection on the quality of this team. Belief plays a big part I think and not many people really believe in this team.

I noticed in the last interview Wenger using the "I believe" phrase again, the amount of times he says that he must have set some sort of world record over his time here.

You/People still watch Wenger interviews?

Özim
18-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah, not really sure why, maybe I'm just waiting for him to surprise me and say something different for a change.....never seems to happen.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 11:12 PM
The squad is irrelevant, if the squad isn't good enough then it's the clubs fault so no 4th isn't a great achievement.

You're using the squad as a copout to excuse our current plight, you can't do that as it's our own fault the squad isn't up to it, it's down to incompetence and frankly it's not acceptable. As for looking better next season, don't kid yourself, Wenger has been using this "one more years experience" excuse for donkey's years and it's never made any difference.

Know the future then?

No massive achievement really. Not when all other 4th spot contenders are such utter shitte and we finish 25 points below the top 2.

So what if the others are poor thats their problem, they should do better then. Lets be honest we should be no where near 4th this season if teams don't take advantage of that they never will.

fakeyank
18-12-2012, 11:14 PM

I do... in the hope for that day when he says "I am quitting this club as manager"

Özim
18-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Know the future then?

So what if the others are poor thats their problem, they should do better then. Lets be honest we should be no where near 4th this season if teams don't take advantage of that they never will.
No but you don't need to know the future to predict what's been happening for the past 7 years happening again.

I disagree, the competition is shite, we're shite just because we beat shite to 4th it doesn't make it a great achievement, we should be doing a lot better than we are and it reflects really badly on the management that we are so average and for a club of our stature and resources is simply not good enough.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 11:15 PM

Ain't watched one in about a year.

fakeyank
18-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Know the future then?

Ever invested in stocks? His opinion I am sure is based on facts from the last 7 seasons. If I were betting, I'd put my money on the future he is predicting.

As for others being shit.. thats not the problem of AFC. With a club of Arsenal's standing and resources, we should be ashamed of how far behind we are than be happy to be 4th.

Olivier's xmas twist
No but you don't need to know the future to predict what's been happening for the past 7 years happening again.

I disagree, the competition is shite, we're shite just because we beat shite to 4th it doesn't make it a great achievement, we should be doing a lot better than we are and it reflects really badly on the management that we are so average and for a club of our stature and resources is simply not good enough.

Don't remember saying it was. i guess it depends where we finish and what happens at the end of the season.

fakeyank

You said the exact same thing I did, in different words!

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Ever invested in stocks? His opinion I am sure is based on facts from the last 7 seasons. If I were betting, I'd put my money on the future he is predicting.

As for others being shit.. thats not the problem of AFC. With a club of Arsenal's standing and resources, we should be ashamed of how far behind we are than be happy to be 4th.

Never said we should be happy about it at all.

Özim
18-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Don't remember saying it was. i guess it depends where we finish and what happens at the end of the season.
No but you said that 4th would be one hell of an achievement, it really won't neither should it be, if we haven't built a good enough squad to do better it's our own fault.

One things for sure, I won't be happy with 4th and I won't be proud we got 4th because in my eyes it's a non-achievement, 4th should only be a stepping stone to greater success in the future, we seem to be stuck to the stepping stone, maybe someone put some super sticky chewin gum down on it.

fakeyank
18-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Never said we should be happy about it at all.

Sorry master. I forgot who I was replying to..

Özil's Panoramic View
18-12-2012, 11:20 PM

Trend analysis, something most financial institutions use when making future projections.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 11:21 PM
No but you said that 4th would be one hell of an achievement, it really won't neither should it be, if we haven't built a good enough squad to do better it's our own fault.

One things for sure, I won't be happy with 4th and I won't be proud we got 4th because in my eyes it's a non-achievement.

Diffrence in being happy with 4th and being proud with it. Id be happy as we'd be in the CL, id not be proud as i feel we should be doing better.

Özim
18-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Trend analysis, something most financial institutions use when making future projections.
Problem with this trend is every f*cker would be putting there money on it as well, except for Wenger and a few loyal supporters, thus driving the price up.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 11:26 PM
I see the real Robson is back. After being spot on about Wenger, he's had a shocker here

Robson's an ass no matter who he is talking about. Anything to have a dig at the club. He'll probs moan about thr tea boy next.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Robson's an ass no matter who he is talking about. Anything to have a dig at the club. He'll probs moan about thr tea boy next.

Does he really dig at the club though? Or does he take jabs at Lord Wenger? Remember I'm still new around here so I have to ask newbie questions.

Cripps_orig
18-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Robson's an ass no matter who he is talking about. Anything to have a dig at the club. He'll probs moan about thr tea boy next.Where has this myth about Robson having a dig at our club come from? Yeah he's been wrong most of the time but why do people think its something personal? Its as ridiculous as saying the commentators in the Reading match were against us when in reality they didn't say anything against us. Paranoia coming to the fore?

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Does he really dig at the club though? Or does he take jabs at Lord Wenger? Remember I'm still new around here so I have to ask newbie questions.

He slags off anything he can about the club when he can, obviously finds the right time to.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Where has this myth about Robson having a dig at our club come from? Yeah he's been wrong most of the time but why do people think its something personal? Its as ridiculous as saying the commentators in the Reading match were against us when in reality they didn't say anything against us. Paranoia coming to the fore?

I never said that.

GP
18-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Anything Robson says should be immediately ignored.

Bitter numpty who was sacked from his gig at Arsenal TV for being too negative.

Cripps_orig
18-12-2012, 11:40 PM
I never said that.Never said you did

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 11:59 PM

Pretty much.

(waits for it)

Charlie the Sycophant

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-12-2012, 12:34 AM
robson was making some sense until he started spouting crap about theo not being good enough to play up front.

something along the lines of 'with his back to goal hes not very good and he needs much more than just pace to play up top'

seeing as i lost count of the number of times he got the ball with back to goal yesterday and laid it off to a teammate or turned the defender and played it out wide to chambo, i think it goes to show he's just talking to get a bit of attention.

Cripps_orig
19-12-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3613548 what a ****. What reaction would he get should we face Barca? Cesc will no doubt be booed. So should Song imo

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 11:53 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3613548 what a ****. What reaction would he get should we face Barca? Cesc will no doubt be booed. So should Song imo

Why should neither be booed.

Cripps_orig
19-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Why should neither be booed.I said they both should be

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 12:17 PM
I said they both should be

Why should either be booed.

Cripps_orig
19-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Why should either be booed.If you don't know now, you never will

SayNoMore
19-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Song you judas bastard, hope he gets booed if he faces us.

Grebbo
19-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Does Song get any game time?

Özil's Panoramic View
19-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Does Song get any game time?

A passenger most of the time.

Kano
19-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Song you judas bastard, hope he gets booed if he faces us.

he's hardly a cesc or rvp. there's no point. a player that will be forgotten quickly by any big team he plays for. who care's what he does now.

Ollie the Optimist
20-12-2012, 12:01 AM

it feels like for hte past week, there have been about 6 different exclusive interviews with robson, each one of them, he is moaning about something to do the with club. which strikes me that he is so desperate for attention he will say anything he can to get his face in hte papers. hence why his opinion should be treated as bullshit

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 12:07 AM
it feels like for hte past week, there have been about 6 different exclusive interviews with robson, each one of them, he is moaning about something to do the with club. which strikes me that he is so desperate for attention he will say anything he can to get his face in hte papers. hence why his opinion should be treated as bullshit

Pretty much. He just says what people want to hear in that moment. See how he slags of Theo now, you'll see if we sell him, he'd be calling it a disgrace and how losing players like him should not happen.

Like GP said he's just a bitter numpty, who's still reeling from getting sacked.

GP
20-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Pretty much. He just says what people want to hear in that moment. See how he slags of Theo now, you'll see if we sell him, he'd be calling it a disgrace and how losing players like him should not happen.

Like GP said he's just a bitter numpty, who's still reeling from getting sacked.

Sycophant.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Sycophant.
Pretty much, king of cringe :coffee:

Syn
20-12-2012, 01:26 PM
You should be limited to 5 posts a day.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 01:29 PM
You should be limited to 5 posts a day.

Pretty much :coffee:

Kano
20-12-2012, 01:31 PM
charles is the lifeblood of this place tbh.

he's our own GHELkinson.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 01:33 PM
charles is the lifeblood of this place tbh.

he's our own GHELkinson.

Means so much, seen as i know how highly you think of Jenks.

Cripps_orig
20-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Arsenal have no reason to fear Bayern Munich after drawing the German giants in the last 16 of the Champions League, according to ex-Gunners star John Hartson.

However, Hartson is convinced that Arsene Wenger’s side can overcome the Bavarians, and feels that the Gunners are capable of beating any side in Europe on their day.

"It's a tough draw for Arsenal but they have no reason to fear Bayern,” Hartson told Goal.com.

“I think they will just be happy that they avoided Barcelona for what would have been a third meeting in four years.

"Arsenal have a fantastic record in Europe being the only club to have qualified for the last 13 knockout stages. People forget just how consistent they are in European competition.

“It's not fair on Arsene [Wenger] that everyone seems to want to put them down on the domestic stage when things aren't always going their way."

Despite being confident for his former side ahead of the tie, Hartson acknowledges that Bayern will be a tough proposition, and feels that the four-times champions of Europe should have added to their haul last season, when they lost in the final of the competition to Chelsea on penalties.

"In my opinion Bayern should have won the trophy last season,” he said. “Chelsea were very fortunate. I think Bayern had 18 corners to Chelsea's one and, of course, the Germans missed a penalty before the shoot-out.

“They are a traditionally a very experienced European side and, like all German teams, are mentally strong. German football is flying just now with three of them winning their Champions League groups.

"But none of that will worry Arsenal. They are very capable of beating Bayern over two legs and a lot can happen between now and February. Arsenal are inconsistent but on their day they are capable of beating anyone in Europe."

Hartson :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Good article that, good find sir Ach.

Cripps_orig
20-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Cant take the credit for it

Its all Goal.com

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Former Arsenal star Bob Wilson has hit out at the club’s fans and the media for giving grief to Arsene Wenger this season.
The Gunners have struggled to hit top form so far and are currently 15 points behind leaders Manchester United.
But, following calls for the Frenchman to exit the Emirates, the legendary goalkeeper feels Wenger doesn’t deserve the harsh treatment - especially in a week where they beat Reading 5-2 and signed five young British stars, including Alex Oxlade-chamberlain to new contracts.
He told the Weekend Sports Breakfast: “They are in great shape as a business but it upsets me when, even the other night, some fans were shouting for Arsene to see that his time was up.
“And what really upsets me is the vitriol that some of the media have directed in his direction. He doesn’t deserve that.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121222/exclusive-%E2%80%93-wilson-wenger-doesn%E2%80%99t-deserve-vitriol-arsenal-fans-and-media-1878#oULwVwJBZCim0MDU.99

Bob :lol: Wenger deserves all he gets

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Stewart Robson believes Arsene Wenger is using the board’s lack of transfer activity to mask his own tactical failings.
The Gunners boss said on Monday night, after the 5-2 victory against Reading, that the club's move to the Emirates Stadium has severely reduced the amount of money available for transfers.
“After we built the new stadium, we have had restricted potential financially,” he said. “Hopefully now we can be a bit more convincing.”
I think Wenger’s under a bit of pressure and he’s deflecting the blame onto the board
— Stewart Robson
But former Highbury favourite Robson insists the Frenchman has always had money to spend and that those comments are a diversionary tactic.
“I’m used to Arsene Wenger contradicting himself,” he told Hawksbee and Jacobs. “I think he’s under a bit of pressure and he’s deflecting the blame onto the board.
“There’s been money to spend for quite some while but he hasn’t always spent it wisely.
“My problem is not with spending it, it never has been. Arsenal aren’t at the top of the Premier League because they haven’t spent enough money.
“It’s because tactically Arsene Wenger hasn’t been very good, that’s why they haven’t challenged in the league for the last three or four years.
“I have to wonder whether Arsene Wenger understands the tactical part of the game. When things go wrong he always says the players are tired or that they didn’t play at the right tempo. I don’t think he ever gets to the bottom of why they don’t played well. It’s just general throwaway comments.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/121218/exclusive-stewart-robson-arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-trying-hide-his-tact-1876#GoepxDw1MMc6Wjkl.99

Robson back to being spot on

Özil's Panoramic View
24-12-2012, 03:10 AM

A top, top, top pundit.... well at least in recent times ie.

A shocker really in regards to how a man so in tune with the club's affairs is treated on here by a select few, tbh.

fakeyank
24-12-2012, 03:32 AM

Why is this guy hated so much? Speaks the truth from whatever I have seen.

Ollie the Optimist
24-12-2012, 11:26 AM
A top, top, top pundit.... well at least in recent times ie.

A shocker really in regards to how a man so in tune with the club's affairs is treated on here by a select few, tbh.

how is he in tune with the clubs affairs? he says wenger and bould had a fight, everyone denies it, and bould was furious about that story as it was bollocks. he worked for arsenal tv, hardly privy to information, id rather listen to bob wilson and parlour who actually talk to wenger not sell stories to get their name in the press

Özim
24-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Let's see, he worked for the club that suggests he knows better than most what's going on, we all know the club just outright lie.

Ollie the Optimist
24-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Let's see, he worked for the club that suggests he knows better than most what's going on, we all know the club just outright lie.

really? he just commented on games, its like asking the people who print the names on shirts at the shop if they have any inside info. he doesnt, they dont. he just speaks bollocks to get his name in the papers,

Özim
24-12-2012, 02:51 PM
really? he just commented on games, its like asking the people who print the names on shirts at the shop if they have any inside info. he doesnt, they dont. he just speaks bollocks to get his name in the papers,
He was employed by the club so he would have more insider information than anyone not working for it to be honest, of course the club will deny a rift, it doesn't exactly look good if they admit to it does it?

GP
24-12-2012, 02:52 PM

I wonder what the tea lady has to say about it.

Kano
24-12-2012, 02:52 PM
robson could blurt out the meaning of life straight from the mouth of god and i'd still want to kick him in his ****.

Özim
24-12-2012, 02:56 PM
That Wenger says he likes French tea best?

Özil's Panoramic View
24-12-2012, 02:59 PM

She'd probably say her job is now at risk as Wenger has cut back on the amount of servings per day.

But then, I reckon she too has been taught how to just float about whilst picking up a cheque each week. Surely, Chamakh can't be that selfish.

Kano
24-12-2012, 03:01 PM
she was here before wenger came anyway, so he couldn't care less

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-12-2012, 03:09 PM
if she makes 3 cups of tea by saturday she'll be the best tea lady in the league.

Özim
24-12-2012, 03:20 PM
if she makes 3 cups of tea by saturday she'll be the best tea lady in the league.
Yes it will certainly show her quality, spirit and mental strength that's for sure.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-12-2012, 03:22 PM
and tits :coffee:

hopefully :coffee:

Özim
24-12-2012, 03:24 PM
That wumming attempt backfired spectacularly :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-12-2012, 03:25 PM
GP's wumming attempt backfired spectacularly :lol:

Özim
24-12-2012, 03:28 PM
:lol: Merry Christmas everyone!

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 03:40 PM

Hes had a few shockers. Who doesnt? But hes been spot on recently about Wenger

Özil's Panoramic View
24-12-2012, 03:42 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 04:21 PM

He's a **** who hates the club thats why, Easy to like him cause he hates Wenger. The muppet always takes shots at the club.

Özim
24-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Hates the club? According to who?

He's got views on the club based on what he saw and he's entitled to them, the fact he's seen what's gone on inside the club gives him an advantage over the average joe though.

You call them "shots", let's face it though he's not far wrong about Wenger, everything he says seems to be very believable, why do people discredit the view of someone just because it's not what they want to hear?

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 04:27 PM

He's got views on the club based on what he saw and he's entitled to them, the fact he's seen what's gone on inside the club gives him an advantage over the average joe though.

You call them "shots", let's face it though he's not far wrong about Wenger, everything he says seems to be very believable, why do people discredit the view of someone just because it's not what they want to hear?

:goodpost:

Özil's Panoramic View
24-12-2012, 04:31 PM
He's a **** who hates the club thats why, Easy to like him cause he hates Wenger. The muppet always takes shots at the club.

Again with the misrepresentation of people who call out Wenger, even if in an hyperbolic way at times.

All Robson quote I've read of late have been directed towards Wenger, and not necessarily the club. Just when did slating Lord Wenger become one in same with taking shots at the club? Seems the two cannot be mutually exclusive.

Ollie the Optimist
24-12-2012, 04:31 PM

he hasnt seen what goes on at the club because he worked as a commentator. he didnt go to training, all he did was go to games and talk into a microphone. he has fuck all inside knowledge because he didnt go to the training. he worked in the media, he went to the media events nothing else. its like saying the guy who runs the arsenal twitter account has inside knowledge just because he works for the club. its bollocks, stewart robson speaks because he feels like the world actually wants to listen to what stewart robson says

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Again with the misrepresentation of people who call out Wenger, even if in an hyperbolic way at times.

All Robson quote I've read of late have been directed towards Wenger, and not necessarily the club. Just when did slating Lord Wenger become one in same with taking shots at the club? Seems the two cannot be mutually exclusive.

Not talking about what he said about Wenger, its what else he says. No bothered what he says about wenger. This is a man who will slag of them club when ever he sees fit. He'd stil be doing it When Wenger goes.

Don't mix him with him slagging wenger off with his love fot this club.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 04:36 PM

Don't get me wrong, he is a **** but he does make good points when talking about Wenger and the board etc. However he does tend to slag of the club when he can, may not be obvious but he does.

Seems like he is upset over being sacked from Arsenal TV or whoever it is.

Özim
24-12-2012, 04:37 PM
he hasnt seen what goes on at the club because he worked as a commentator. he didnt go to training, all he did was go to games and talk into a microphone. he has fuck all inside knowledge because he didnt go to the training. he worked in the media, he went to the media events nothing else. its like saying the guy who runs the arsenal twitter account has inside knowledge just because he works for the club. its bollocks, stewart robson speaks because he feels like the world actually wants to listen to what stewart robson says
How do you know what he did and didn't see, I would think an employee in his position would have access to all kinds of things, who's to say he didn't go and watch training from time to time?

All of this stuff you're saying cannot be proved to be honest as you don't know what he could and couldn't have seen.

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 04:38 PM
You dont have to be an insider at the club to say what he has.

Its clear to everyone Wenger is a little bit clueless tactically

Özim
24-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, he is a **** but he does make good points when talking about Wenger and the board etc. However he does tend to slag of the club when he can, may not be obvious but he does.

Seems like he is upset over being sacked from Arsenal TV or whoever it is.
I don't know too much about the guy, I'm just looking at what he said in that article and it all seems very feasible to me, the tactics, well we know Wenger isn't a great tactician we see it from one match to another.

Özil's Panoramic View
24-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Not talking about what he said about Wenger, its what else he says. No bothered what he says about wenger. This is a man who will slag of them club when ever he sees fit. He'd stil be doing it When Wenger goes.

Don't mix him with him slagging wenger off with his love fot this club.

But what we're on about now is his spot on remarks about Lord Wenger in recent times. So why the attempt to tear him down on the merit of other stuff he might have said about the club?

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't know too much about the guy, I'm just looking at what he said in that article and it all seems very feasible to me, the tactics, well we know Wenger isn't a great tactician we see it from one match to another.

Fair enough, got no problem with people slagging off Wumger, Fans have a right to as long as its not i hope you die etc. But hate people who slag of the club we both love.

Kano
24-12-2012, 10:26 PM

because he's a fucking drain of a man who not only moans about arsenal but every other fucker in football. listening this ****, he should be out there managing real madrid (:fatsam: ). he offers no comment with any sort of humility and absolutely everyone apart from himself is wrong.

that's why he's a **** now and will remain a ****. it's rare a pundit can get under my skin as you can tune them out but this **** in particular needs a kick in his **** to make sure his **** can't shake out any more of his ****ing views.

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Still, hes right about Wenger which is the whole point

Kano
24-12-2012, 10:28 PM
i can't acknowledge this ****s view on anything. anyone else but him

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 10:29 PM
i can't acknowledge this ****s view on anything. anyone else but him

Did he sack you from his company? ;)

Olivier's xmas twist
25-12-2012, 01:31 AM
because he's a fucking drain of a man who not only moans about arsenal but every other fucker in football. listening this ****, he should be out there managing real madrid (:fatsam: ). he offers no comment with any sort of humility and absolutely everyone apart from himself is wrong.

that's why he's a **** now and will remain a ****. it's rare a pundit can get under my skin as you can tune them out but this **** in particular needs a kick in his **** to make sure his **** can't shake out any more of his ****ing views.

Globalgunner
25-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Instead of addressing the message, followers of ODL choose to shoot the messenger. We are a below par , under achieving football club led by a visionary whose eyesight is failing and thinks 4th place and 1st are one and the same thing. What part of Robsons analysis is factually untrue?. We are here again where we have been for the last 8 years, holding position going nowhere. Except that is considered a major achievement in these parts.

Merry Xmas to all of ya anyways.

Cripps_orig
02-01-2013, 03:28 PM
George Graham has urged Arsenal to come up with a package to keep Theo Walcott – but has warned the player he needs to prove he’s worth the money he’s demanding.
The England star has just six months left on his contract and has reportedly turned down an offer of Ł75,000 a week and is holding out for Ł100,000 a week.
Several major clubs at home and abroad are keen on signing him, and the fact he will be available on a free transfer makes him an even more attractive proposition.
And Graham admits the 23-year-old holds all the aces when it comes to contract talks.
He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “Theo is in a really strong position. He’s had a great couple of months, but he’s never really been a regular in the team. So I can understand Arsenal’s point of view and them asking ‘do we give him Ł100,000 a week when he’s not even a regular starter’?
“But if he was on the open market he’d cost around Ł15million, so he can negotiate on that basis and get double the money Arsenal are offering him.
“Everybody knows he’s got a great affection for the club and Arsenal have got to come up with a package to keep him - not just his wages but a loyalty bonus at the end of every season that builds up to more than Ł75,000 a week.
“But he has to turn it on week in, week out for the sort of money he wants.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130101/exclusive-george-graham-tells-theo-walcott-he-has-prove-arsenal-hes-wort-1883#ixzz2GpfOsfa1
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130101/exclusive-george-graham-tells-theo-walcott-he-has-prove-arsenal-hes-wort-1883#VODvCStlUdKDY0X8.99

Well hes been consistent for a couple of seasons now

Cripps_orig
08-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Ramsey doesn't look happy at Arsenal, claims Hartson

The former Wales captain would benefit from a loan move away from the Emirates Stadium in order to secure regular first-team football, according to his national team coach

John Hartson has advised Aaron Ramsey to seek a loan move away from Arsenal, claiming the midfielder "doesn't look happy" at the Emirates Stadium.

The former Wales captain has made 25 appearances for the Gunners this season, but has only completed the full 90 minutes on six occasions.

Ramsey recently signed a new contract with the club, and Hartson believes his long-term future is with the north London outfit.

"I just think he [Ramsey] needs that run of games," the former Celtic player told BBC Sport.

"Maybe if he did go out on loan [he'd get that], because he doesn't seem to start many games at Arsenal now and when he does start he's brought off and he doesn't look happy."

"I'm sure Arsene Wenger knows he's a top-drawer player, because he wouldn't have given him a new deal otherwise."

The former striker also dismissed claims that Ramsey is still getting back to fitness after a leg break in February 2010 saw him miss almost a year of action, instead claiming that he has been played out of position so far this term.

Hartson added: "I don't want to keep going on about it because I'm sure he [Ramsey] is fed up of people talking about his injury.

"He's been back now I think it's about a year-and-a-half fit again and it's just where his best position is because for us with Wales he's central midfield.

"I don't think playing on the left, wide left, is his position. [Against Swansea on Sunday] he looked lost at times.

"He did some very good things in the game but obviously Arsene Wenger didn't think it was his greatest performance because he took him off.

"With Arsenal you look at their midfield. [Mikel] Arteta, [Jack] Wilshere, [Theo] Walcott, [Santi] Cazorla, [Alex] Oxlade-Chamberlain, they've got some really, really gifted players in the midfield.

"So it's up to Aaron to put in the performances week-in, week-out and on the training ground.

"I just don't think he's quite hit the heights in terms of where he was before he got injured, but he will, I'm sure he will.

"He needs to play play with a smile on his face, get back to enjoying football. It just seems as if there's something holding him back at the minute."
A permanent move would be even better.

Cripps_orig
20-01-2013, 12:57 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3683431

Gooner23
20-01-2013, 08:10 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3683431

Agree with parts of it, but when someone says we need a player like Jonny Evans its hard to take him seriously.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2013, 04:33 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3689313

What a ****

Letters
22-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Hard to argue with what he says though :(

GP
22-01-2013, 04:37 PM

It's incredibly easy.

Because he's a cunt

Cripps_orig
22-01-2013, 04:44 PM

The **** said he wanted a challenge. What's a bigger challenge? Being an integral part of a team and try winning a trophy for the first time in years or join a club which wins trophies regularly whether he's there or not? The latter doesn't sound much of challenge to me

Power n Glory
22-01-2013, 04:54 PM
We're beyond a big challenge. It's Mission Impossible status for us. He's no Ethan Hunt. (You can rhyme that if you wish)

We all knew what was on the cards and why should the player take the burden on his shoulder when the club are unwilling to accept the challenge themselves? Wenger and the Board won't take a gamble and splash out a little so we're equipped to go for the title. After selling Nasri and Cesc, we dropped out of the title race completely. There was no hope after that.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-01-2013, 05:00 PM
I honestly couldn't bring myself to reading the full article. What a massive, massive ****!

Yea, you had to re-sign because you were on our treatment table for however long and weren't going anywhere of note anytime soon, you POS. Miraculous, you had an eye opener that you needed a greater challenge the second you half repayed us with one good season after paying you for doing fuck all for 7 consecutive seasons.

GP
22-01-2013, 05:12 PM
I honestly couldn't bring myself to reading the full article. What a massive, massive ****!

Yea, you had to re-sign because you were on our treatment table for however long and weren't going anywhere of note anytime soon, you POS. Miraculous, you had an eye opener that you needed a greater challenge the second you half repayed us with one good season after paying you for doing fuck all for 7 consecutive seasons.

Pretty much.

And those that say 'you can see why he went' No, no I fucking can't.

Letters
22-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Cut out the libel...

Letters
22-01-2013, 05:13 PM
And those that say 'you can see why he went' No, no I fucking can't.
Yes you can :lol:

Grebbo
22-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Tbh I can't work out which players are impressing him in training like Henry and Bergkamp did?? I'm not having a case of sour grapes but I genuinely can't think of Man U's 'wow' players. RVP is their wow player so unless he's training in front of the mirror.....

RVP has to say this shit. He cost a lot of money and is on big wages so he has to suck up to his new club/fans.

He's far too confident at the moment because he's in the form of his life. We need him to suffer a little dip or injury, start missing a few chances and see what he's like when the going gets tough.

GP
22-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Yes you can :lol:

No, I can't.

Letters
22-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Tbh I can't work out which players are impressing him in training like Henry and Bergkamp did?? I'm not having a case of sour grapes but I genuinely can't think of Man U's 'wow' players. RVP is their wow player so unless he's training in front of the mirror.....
That's a pretty good point tbf :lol:

Özil's Panoramic View
22-01-2013, 05:34 PM

RVP has to say this shit. He cost a lot of money and is on big wages so he has to suck up to his new club/fans.

He's far too confident at the moment because he's in the form of his life. We need him to suffer a little dip or injury, start missing a few chances and see what he's like when the going gets tough.

All this compounded by City overtaking them... let's then see how long the love affair lasts thereafter and how many champions surround him.

I always wished the turd bag well and tried to rationalise his move, but this statement is a gloating, rubbing it in type. What a low down dirty scum, taking the piss on the club that never discarded him when he was a nobody really.

Globalgunner
22-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Would be really stupendous if City could somehow get their shit together and overtake those self loving douche `s from manure. However, Mancini is a total headcase and IMO the weakest link at City. If someone like Moyes was in charge of City they would be at least 5 points clear of utd.

I would Luv it if RVP went potless this season, I dont hate that he left us but he is starting to get on my nerves with this I so so love being at United crap. Hopefully Mourinho will be the first one to cut their swagger down to size

Picked up this gem from another site: Alternative careers for Arsenal players

Sczcney – window cleaner
Jenkinson – unemployed
Vermaelen – crap security guard
Mertz – uni lecturer
Gibbs – working in river island
Jack – doing BMX wheelies next to your new car
Arteta – in an office somewhere
Santi – happy cheeky chappy selling ice cream on a beach
Walcott – fat but still faster than your average fat man
Giroud – gay model
Podolski – builder

LOL

May i add:
Sagna- hairdresser
Gervinho- Circus clown
Ox-Wedding planner
Kos-Funeral director

Ollie the Optimist
22-01-2013, 07:44 PM
hes a fucking ****. "oh i love arsenal, ive always been a fan" then takes a massive shit on us. what a judas ****. someone needs to break him and soon.

Cripps_orig
28-01-2013, 12:16 AM
David Dein has told Arsenal fans they should be grateful to have Arsene Wenger at the helm – claiming he will be an ‘impossible act’ to follow at the Emirates.
Pressure has been mounting on the Gunners boss, owing to the club’s failure to win any silverware since 2005.
But Dein insists the Frenchman, who led Arsenal to seven major trophies before their recent drought, deserves nothing but praise for the job he has done in north London.
“One should never, ever forget what he has done for the club," said Dein, the club’s former vice-chairman.
“He has absolutely transformed the club. The fact there is a magnificent state of the art training ground, the fact the stadium is virtually paid for.
“He has got a good squad. Obviously it has to be a squad that is capable of winning trophies, and that is something he is going to be working on, I know, but it is not easy.
“But he has done a phenomenal job for the club. He is not going to be a difficult act to follow, he is going to be an impossible act to follow.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130116/exclusive-arsene-wenger-will-be-impossible-act-follow-arsenal-says-forme-1893#ixzz2JDz1K0h0
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130116/exclusive-arsene-wenger-will-be-impossible-act-follow-arsenal-says-forme-1893#OqzXfyg0BxJmUKti.99

So Dein saying Arsenal will cease to exist once Wenger goes

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-01-2013, 12:16 AM
dein trying his hardest to get his job back.

forget it pal, with the current mob you dont have to try and be politically correct.

Niall_Quinn
28-01-2013, 12:45 AM
dein trying his hardest to get his job back.

forget it pal, with the current mob you dont have to try and be politically correct.

Or trying to get revenge by insisting Wenger stays forever.

KSE Comedy Club
28-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Henry has told L'Equipe that he sees usmanov as arsenals saviour and has urged him to launch a takeover bid.

Henry :bow:

Jabba :bow:

Joker
28-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Henry has told L'Equipe that he sees usmanov as arsenals saviour and has urged him to launch a takeover bid.

Usmanov would be preferable to asset stripper Kroenke that's for sure.

Niall_Quinn
28-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Interesting. So did Henry refuse to come back on loan because he's pissed with Kroenke and the gang? Or has he thrown his lot in with fatty because he wasn't invited back for loan. Or does this have nothing to do with the loan at all? Actually it's not really that interesting after all.

Alpha
28-01-2013, 03:36 PM
For the fuck with former players views ? They done their bit and went . I think they should move on or support the team . They gave us headache in Champions League and the best they could give us was a 1/4 final . But the new generation gave us a Final and could have lifted the cup if the ref was fair . They also spoilt us with two semi-finals in champions' league .
If it was not Wenger who is holding this team back by refusing to reinforce the team squad when we are clearly short , the current team could have been the best we have had in Arsenal History .

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Sczcney – window cleaner
Jenkinson – unemployed
Vermaelen – crap security guard
Mertz – uni lecturer
Gibbs – working in river island
Jack – doing BMX wheelies next to your new car
Arteta – in an office somewhere
Santi – happy cheeky chappy selling ice cream on a beach
Walcott – fat but still faster than your average fat man
Giroud – gay model
Podolski – builder

:haha: :haha: :haha:

LDG
29-01-2013, 10:03 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-the-place-smelt-of-football-i-had-to-sign-

These days it's unthinkable for a high-profile football manager to hold a private meeting with his next signing at a motorway service station.

Even if a tipped-off TV crew wasn't pushing a camera into those famous faces as they parked their cars, the flash of a hastily-pointed smart phone would spark 'breaking news' tickers and Twitter trends within minutes.

Keeping a deal - or even your interest in a player - under wraps in the age of social media and 24-hour news demands KGB levels of secrecy.

But a service station rendezvous was not uncommon before football became big business. And back in 1988, one roadside meeting nudged along one of the most rewarding transfer deals in Arsenal's history.

The manager and player in question 25 years ago were George Graham and Lee Dixon.

The right back gave Arsenal 14 years of service, making 619 appearances and contributing to nine major trophies. Within 18 months of signing it was, as commentator Brian Moore put it, "a good ball by Dixon, finding Smith" which helped set up that immortal goal for Michael Thomas at Anfield.

And yet, as Dixon explains in our forthcoming 'Arsenal Legends' series, he was made to sweat before those glory days could begin.

"I met George Graham at the Watford Gap Service Station - a salubrious meeting with George!" recalls Dixon.

"I think he had a Jaguar or something and I remember sitting in his passenger seat and, actually, when he told me what the club was offering me, it was just about less than Stoke had offered me to re-sign for them.

"George made you work for it, he had a pay structure and he wasn't going to break it for anybody. Not that I was asking for the Earth, I was basically just trying to move my family down from Stoke to London.

"I actually turned George down there and then in the car, which broke my heart. I ended up crying in the car on the way back to Stoke with [his manager] Mick Mills, he drove me back.

"To cut a long story short George and I ended up re-meeting a couple of days later because I said 'I need to talk to you'. So I went down to Highbury.

"I think that was the turning point for me, going to the stadium and meeting George again in his office. I walked through the marble halls and I just went to myself, 'whatever happens today, I am not leaving here until I sign', because the place smelt of football.

"It was the place I wanted to be. We ended up thrashing out a deal and George wasn't as happy because he had to give a bit more money away. I wasn't happy because I didn't get what I thought I deserved, but deep down we were both happy. I'd signed for one of the biggest clubs in the world."

If Dixon's career had followed the same trajectory, only 25 years later, his arrival would have been a considerably more frantic affair.

Even relative unknowns get the full treatment now - the YouTube highlights reel, the insatiable demand for information, the press conference denials, the announcement and, finally, the exclusive interview with club media.

But the eighties and nineties were much simpler times. Even the seminal signing of Dennis Bergkamp was only apparent to most Arsenal fans when he was pictured on the back of the tabloids, wearing a fetching beige jacket and a grin while holding up a 'Bergkamp 10' shirt.

The way supporters digest their transfer news has changed beyond recognition since then and Dixon remembers how different it was when he moved to Arsenal.

"I think I first saw my name in the back of the Sunday People or something," he says. "That was the only way to find out these things. There was speculation that Arsenal are watching Lee Dixon and maybe Steve Bould and blah blah blah.

"There were rumours going round for probably about six to nine months that Arsenal had somebody at the ground and they were looking at me. So you maybe get an ego boost from that, because such a big club is looking at you.

"But then the interest sort of died down a little bit, there was nothing in the papers for a few months. I thought my chance had gone and I kept asking the ticket girl at Stoke if Arsenal were represented at every home game. They'd say 'yeah, somebody's here'.

"They'd watched me for a good half a season at least but then it went quiet and nothing happened. Then a few months later Mick Mills called me into his office one morning before training at Stoke.

"He said they'd had an offer from Arsenal for me from George Graham and said they'd accepted the offer. He said 'basically we're not standing in your way, it's good for the club and it's good for you'."

All that remained was for Dixon to negotiate with Graham, swap Stoke for London and get to know his new team-mates - an experience as nerve-wracking then as it is today.

"Walking through the marble halls was something I'll never forget and I get goosebumps when I think about it," recalls Dixon. "It was just an amazing feeling to think I was going to be a part of the set-up.

"I walked through the first-team dressing room on the first day and David O'Leary was standing in front of me. I was getting changed next to Kenny Sansom, David Rocastle came up and shook my hand. I was just in awe of these people, thinking 'do I really deserve to be here?'.

"I felt out of my depth and it was a case of trying to get the first training session out of the way and show the lads that I could play the game. But I think I had a bit of a nightmare morning and they were probably thinking 'oh no, what have we signed here?!'."

It didn't take him long to win them over.

Those were the days :scarf:

I wish today's generation of players had the same sense of understanding.

Reading that, I really despise football these days.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-01-2013, 10:43 AM
LD2 :bow:

Cripps_orig
05-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Liam Brady believes Jack Wilshere will be classed in the same bracket as England legends Paul Gascoigne and Glenn Hoddle when his career finishes.
The 21-year-old has struggled with injuries in recent seasons but is now back playing for Arsenal, and is set to line-up for the Three Lions in the friendly match against Brazil on Wednesday night.
And Brady, who brought the youngster to the Gunners in his role as Head of Youth Development at the Emirates, claims Wilshere could become one of this country’s best ever players.
Everyone was nervous about his comeback but he has improved every game, and against Liverpool he was outstanding
— Liam Brady
“He’s one of the best England players around,” he told Keys and Gray “He will play an enormous amount of games for his country. Everyone was nervous about his comeback but he has improved every game, and against Liverpool he was outstanding.
“He’ll be up there with the most skilful players England have ever had. People like Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne and Wayne Rooney. Jack Wilshere will be in with those sort of players.
“He’s a leader. When you watch Arsenal, they give him the ball to make things happen. He’s leading the team now.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130205/exclusive-liam-brady-jack-wilshere-will-become-one-englands-best-ever-pl-1910#ixzz2K4BP4rZ7
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130205/exclusive-liam-brady-jack-wilshere-will-become-one-englands-best-ever-pl-1910#7EUkzk1sOi3oEQQ5.99

I really hope not

Cripps_orig
07-02-2013, 12:30 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3730235

How many players s that now that has commented on training being much better at other clubs?

Özil's Panoramic View
07-02-2013, 12:41 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3730235

How many players s that now that has commented on training being much better at other clubs?

Hate th Judas scrote, but a tad bit of common sense and credibility somewhere there in what he's saying. He's at a big club now, after all. One where their main aim is to be the best by actually winning real titles/trophies.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Many more than those who state that the new club that they currently play for and get paid shedloads by, just aren't quite up to it.

Btw, how is lesbo doing these days? Still revelling in last year's bit part?

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Hate th Judas scrote, but a tad bit of common sense and credibility somewhere there in what he's saying. He's at a big club now, after all. One where their main aim is to be the best by actually winning real titles/trophies.

In his case, he may be right - he is playing for Fergie.

But to everyone else, he just looks to have picked up from where he left off with no discernable difference.

Cripps_orig
13-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Thierry Henry has opened the door to a possible third spell at Arsenal and says he is saddened by criticism of manager Arsene Wenger.
The New York Red Bulls striker is Arsenal's record goalscorer and played over 250 games for the Gunners between 1999 and 2007.
The 35-year-old says he would love to return to the north London club in some capacity when his stint in MLS ends.

He said: 'All I know is that I will be involved in the game for sure and hopefully be involved with Arsenal because that is the heart talking there, that’s the team that I support. Forget about me as a player, that’s the team I support.
'In any type or shape, if I can go back to the club I would love to do it, but it’s not up to me. That would be a desire, more a desire than something that can be officialised, I still have two years playing here and then I will see.
'But I would definitely love to be back with Arsenal.

The French forward says he is saddened to hear the criticism of Wenger from fans and pundits this season as Arsenal have struggled to keep pace with the title-chasing Manchester clubs.
He added: 'When you don't win people are always going to question your work, your legacy and what you did before. It is sad somehow but that is the way the game is. What are you going to do?'
'For me, it is difficult to hear, difficult to see, but for me the boss will always be Arsene - always great for me and I know what he has done for the club," he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2278170/Thierry-Henry-keen-return-Arsenal-capacity.html#ixzz2KpHp9r2p
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Next manager?

Cripps_orig
16-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Arrogant Wenger to blame for Blackburn defeat, claims Arsenal legend Wright

The former Gunners striker says the Frenchman is "not bothered" about winning the FA Cup and claims the club's exit from the competition is down to the manager

Arsenal legend Ian Wright has accused Arsene Wenger of "sheer arrogance" following his side's FA Cup exit at the hands of Blackburn.

Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla and Jack Wilshere all started on the substitutes’ bench as the Gunners slumped to a 1-0 defeat which ended their cup run at the fifth round.

Colin Kazim-Richards notched a 75th-minute winner to stun the hosts and, speaking on his Absolute Radio 'Rock ‘N’ Roll Football Show' after the game, Wright laid blame for the defeat solely at Wenger’s feet.

“You have to blame the manager for the sheer arrogance of not putting enough into the competition,” he said.

“The fact is when you’ve got your manager talking about fourth place [in the Premier League] being the only priority, why are the players going to be any more up for it?

“The manager has made it clear that the FA Cup is something he is not bothered about, but what he is missing is that the FA Cup is something that is worth winning. It’s a great day for the fans.”

With Arsenal 21 points shy of Premier League leaders Manchester United, FA Cup elimination leaves the north London club hoping Champions League victory can end their trophy drought.

The Gunners host runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich on Tuesday evening in the first leg of their last-16 clash.

Is it arrogance or Wenger being a bit shit?

Marc Overmars
17-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Wenger talks persistently about his priorities and ranking one competition over the other, that's bound to rub off on the players.

We won't win a trophy again with him in charge, you can bank on that.

Cripps_orig
19-02-2013, 06:04 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4801582/Arsene-Wenger-made-a-big-mistake-in-FA-Cup-but-the-players-owe-him-says-Ian-Wright.html

Cripps_orig
20-02-2013, 12:07 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-arsenal-legend-patrick-vieira-1718703

Cripps_orig
20-02-2013, 10:09 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3766928

Looks like he's our new manager.

Cripps_orig
20-02-2013, 10:11 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3766656

Cripps_orig
22-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Kh
IAN WRIGHT has tipped Swansea manager Michael Laudrup to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.
The heat has been cranked up on the Gunners boss this week after his side were knocked out of the FA Cup by Blackburn and humiliated at home to Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
And Wrighty reckons Laudrup, who leads out the Swans in this Sunday's Capital One Cup final, has what it takes to succeed the Frenchman — though he still hopes Wenger can turn things around.
The SunSport columnist said: “Laudrup could maybe step in, who knows.
“There is so much pressure mounting on Arsene now I would hate to see him go out like that.
“I have been shouting from the rooftops for many years now about the deficiencies in respect of replenishing the squad and buying the kind of player that is going to get Arsenal back to, not just qualifying for the Champions League, but getting past the quarter-final stages and really having a good go at it.
“If we are not careful we are going to end up going for fourth spot every single season and if that does not happen — then what?
“With Arsenal, apart from the Bruce Rioch situation, they aren’t too quick to sack people.
“They’ve given Wenger time and put their faith in him.
“If I’m totally honest I think he deserves the time because of what he’s done for the club and many people will agree.
“Personally I don’t want to see Wenger go out on his sword, I want to see Arsenal get back to a situation where they are fighting it out with the big boys again.”

Wenger showed the strain of recent results when he hit out at critics in his press conference on Monday before the Bayern clash.
And Wright, who played under the French manager for two years, believes he is to blame for “everything” that is going wrong at the Emirates.
The Gunners legend admitted: “Watching Arsene Wenger in that press conference hurt me.
“It made me feel very, very sad because as much as I don’t think he would ever admit it, everything that is happening right now is ultimately down to him.
“Yes, he sends the players out to do the business but you have to say he is to blame.
“We’re all still very much in the dark about the money situation at the club, whether he has money and doesn’t want to spend it or he’s a company man and he’s protecting the board.
“Whatever it is I think we should have found out a long time ago because all of the mystery just adds to this unnecessary pressure on Wengers shoulders.”
Arsenal currently sit fifth in the Premier League, four points adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham and at risk of missing out on Champions League qualification for the first time in 15 years.
If they are knocked out of Europe by Bayern, the Gunners will have gone eight years without any silverware.
And Wright added: “Arsenal are in danger of slipping into a similar situation to Liverpool, struggling to get a squad together and attract players to get back into the Champions League.
“Liverpool have an unbelievable European record as a club but they just can’t get back on track at the moment.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4806923/Ian-Wright-tips-Michael-Laudrup-to-replace-Arsene-Wenger.html#ixzz2La8iywNa

Laudrup would be awesome

Cripps_orig
01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Overmars open to Arsenal role in the future

The 39-year-old, who is currently working as a technical director at Ajax, says he "wouldn't be surprised" if the Gunners approached him about taking up a position

Former Arsenal star Marc Overmars has revealed that he views taking a role with the club in the future as a distinct "possibility".

The 39-year-old scored 41 goals in 142 appearances for the Gunners during a three-year spell which saw him lift the Premier League and FA Cup prior to a Ł25 million move to Barcelona.

And the Dutchman, who currently serves as Ajax's technical director, stated he would be open to returning to the English club, but ruled out going into management.

He told Standard Sport: “When you get older as a player, you work out what your qualities are for the future. I was quite fast to realise being a manager was not my job.

“The way I work with Ajax, I do the transfers, the contracts and organise the scouting, so it suits me. It wouldn’t surprise me if I work in the future at Arsenal — it could be a possibility.

“I’ve never discussed it with Arsene Wenger. But if the board think about the future and make a list of people to work at the club, it wouldn’t surprise me if I am on the list of people. However, at this moment, I want to stay at Ajax.”

Wenger's men currently face a battle to qualify for next year's Champions League and, barring a miraculous second-leg comeback against Bayern Munich, are set for an eighth season without a trophy.

And Overmars cited the club's move from Highbury to the Emirates Stadium as a possible factor in their recent decline.

“I went back to Highbury to look around that area and still felt such a power there," he added. “When we were playing at home, we were unbeatable. That’s how we felt. But that’s the problem with a bigger stadium, often you lose that aura.

“It used to be intimidating at Highbury — that is the difference between the new stadium and the old one. When you build a new stadium, you must try to get the people as close as possible to the pitch.

“I was playing with Ajax in the old stadium and then the new stadium and we had the same problem. All the opponents wanted to play in this nice stadium so you lose that home advantage."

Moving to the Emirates has been a glorious failure

Cripps_orig
01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Marc Overmars says Arsenal must beat Tottenham on Sunday – or their season is finished.
The Gunners are sitting fifth in the Premier League going into the north London derby at White Hart Lane, four points adrift of third-placed Spurs.
And Overmars has warned his former club they cannot afford to drop any points against their fierce rivals if they are to have any hope of finishing in the top four come the end of the season.
“Sunday is crucial for them,” said the Dutchman, who scored 41 goals in 142 appearances for Arsenal between 1997-2000.
“At this moment in the Premier League, it is very difficult for Arsenal. They have to win the match. If they don’t, the season is over.”
A negative result this weekend will heap further pressure on Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who has faced calls to quit with the club seemingly certain to end an eighth straight season without any silverware.
They have to win the match. If they don’t, the season is over
— Marc Overmars
But Overmars, who won a host of trophies under Wenger during his three-year spell in north London, has told supporters to trust the Frenchman.
“They have to keep faith in Mr Wenger and the board,” he said.
“The problem is football has changed a lot in the last ten years. With all clubs having private investors or owners, it makes it more difficult.
"In my period, we had seven or eight English players in the team and three foreigners. These days it is the opposite. So it makes it more complicated to get the right player into your team."

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130301/exclusive-%E2%80%93-arsenal%E2%80%99s-season-will-be-over-if-they-fail-beat-tottenham-wa-1927#ixzz2MJ8jekgO
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130301/exclusive-%E2%80%93-arsenal%E2%80%99s-season-will-be-over-if-they-fail-beat-tottenham-wa-1927#emR1dzCwsJkTEeEF.99

Pretty much

Cripps_orig
01-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Ray Parlour believes the north London derby has regained its position as Arsenal’s most important fixture – because of Tottenham’s renaissance in recent years.
The Gunners legend played during an era where matches with Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea made up the biggest games of the season.
But, ahead of the Premier League fixture between the pair this Sunday, Parlour claims the match against Spurs is all-important for Arsene Wenger’s men.
During my time as a player Tottenham wasn’t our big game, it was always the matches against Manchester United
— Ray Parlour
“During my time as a player Tottenham wasn’t our big game, it was always the matches against Manchester United,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “But now Arsenal v Tottenham has become a massive game because of how well Spurs are doing.
“They are trying to finish above Arsenal so it’s a massive game for both sides.
“It’s bigger for Arsenal than it is for Spurs. Tottenham will be happy to get a point. If you look at the league they’re four points clear. If they can keep that gap going towards the end of the season, then they’ll be delighted.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130301/exclusive-ray-parlour-north-london-derby-back-arsenal%E2%80%99s-most-important-f-1927#ixzz2MJA27YSo
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130301/exclusive-ray-parlour-north-london-derby-back-arsenal%E2%80%99s-most-important-f-1927#tqS7E6fBi8UoXa6B.99

has it become a big game again cos Spuds are doing well or cos we are a bit shit?

Marc Overmars
01-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Both. It's big again because Spurs have improved and we've declined, meaning both sides are fairly evenly matched.

Letters
01-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Both. It's big again because Spurs have improved and we've declined, meaning both sides are fairly evenly matched.
Aye.

When we were involved in title races and Spurs were mid-table laughing-stocks the NLD was an annoying distraction, the real big games were against Utd and latterly Chelsea.
For Spurs it was their Cup Final, the one thing that might just give them brief bragging rights - never did of course 'cos we were a much better side.

Now the sides are evenly matched, all we have to play for is the Fourth Place Trophy and as Spurs are in the race for it too it's suddenly a big game again. It always was a big game in its way of course because it's a Derby but now it's vital.

Özil's Panoramic View
01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Aye.

When we were involved in title races and Spurs were mid-table laughing-stocks the NLD was an annoying distraction, the real big games were against Utd and latterly Chelsea.
For Spurs it was their Cup Final, the one thing that might just give them brief bragging rights - never did of course 'cos we were a much better side.

Now the sides are evenly matched, all we have to play for is the Fourth Place Trophy and as Spurs are in the race for it too it's suddenly a big game again. It always was a big game in its way of course because it's a Derby but now it's vital.

Spot on.

Was always a big game....only for different reasons now.

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Arsenal lack a player like Villa, says former Gunner Lauren

The Barcelona striker has struggled to force his way back into the team since recovering from injury, but the Cameroonian believes he would be perfect for Arsene Wenger's side

Arsenal are lacking a player like Barcelona striker David Villa, according to former Gunners defender Lauren.

The majority of Arsenal's goals this season have been split between Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud, but none of them have surpassed 11 goals so far in the Premier League.

Podolski has managed eight goals in 24 appearances, while Giroud has nine in 26, and Lauren clearly feels they need more in attack as he highlights Villa as an ideal summer signing.

He told La Xarxa: "Arsenal need a striker like Villa. They need that sort of player.

"Villa can get you 15, 20, 25 goals in a season, and that's what Arsenal need at the moment. Villa has a lot of talent, scores a lot of goals.

"He would do brilliantly at Arsenal. He'd combine well with Monreal, Cazorla and Arteta. He'd fit in with the Spaniards in the dressing room, and the adaptation period would be very quick."

Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has attracted criticism this season, but Lauren is unsure of whether Arsene Wenger will move for Victor Valdes, who has recently confirmed he will leave Barcelona at the end of his current contract in 2014.

He continued: "[Valdes] would fit in well in any league in the world. Wenger has a lot of confidence in Szczesny, I don't know if he'll go for Valdes."

Villa I'd take. Valdes not

Globalgunner
03-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Valdes is still twice the keeper Schzz is but there are better keepers than Valdes around at half the money

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Sol Campbell urges Wenger to change Arsenal's transfer policy

The former Gunners defender cites Sir Alex Ferguson's decision to play Ł24 million for Robin van Persie as evidence of a bold and highly successful move in the market

Former Arsenal defender Sol Campbell believes Arsene Wenger must change his transfer policy if the club are to be a force in Europe once again.

The Gunners look likely to finish the season without a trophy for the eighth year in a row after losses to lower-league opposition Bradford City in the Capital One Cup and Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup, while a heavy 3-1 home defeat to Bayern Munich leaves their Champions League hopes hanging by a thread.

Arsenal lost key player Robin van Persie to Premier League leaders Manchester United last summer in a Ł24 million deal, and Campbell - after seeing the impact the 29-year-old has made at Old Trafford - feels similar bold moves in the transfer market could help the Gunners progress.

"You have to give him immense credit for what he has done and it has been overlooked that while they have not done well in the cups, they have been consistent in the league," Campbell told The Mirror.

"But maybe there has to be a change regarding transfers. It should be done on a more case-by-case fashion. I think the fans deserve that.

"Sir Alex Ferguson clearly looked at what United could win if they had Van Persie and decided that if they succeed, that would justify the fee.”

Arsenal visit Tottenham - another of Campbell’s previous clubs - in the north London derby on Sunday, and the former centre-back has warned the more inexperienced players to be extra vigilant during the occasion.

"It will be a test for Arsenal at Tottenham, no question. Players like Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla, who are playing at Tottenham for the first time, will need to be ready for that first 20 minutes which can be so intense.

"You have to be ready for that or you can be one or two goals down. You have to do your homework.

"Gareth Bale has been in great form and Arsenal need to be alert to that. They have to be ready, take him to areas where he can do no damage, and they will be aware of the threat posed on the other wing by Aaron Lennon.

"Tottenham will need to be focused and switched on as much as Arsenal and I feel the match could well be decided in the last 20 minutes. It is vital that both teams maintain their levels of concentration."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3794113

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 11:02 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3793110

Overmars seems to be talking a lot these days

Kano
06-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Whilst Stewart Robson was busy telling France Football all the things he usually tells everyone about Arsene Wenger, a few pages later there was another former Arsenal player sharing his feelings about the Frenchman. It was the same magazine and the same lengthy feature on Arsenal's struggles and Wenger's part in them, but what Smith said and particularly the sentiment, couldn't have been further away from Robson's Rants even if it had been planned as such.

Alan Smith had a successful trophy-laden career with the London club and obviously has a fondness for all that's associated with it, and therefore a respect for Arsene Wenger. Whilst Smith doesn't put his fingers in his ears regarding the problems at Arsenal, he doesn't seem to come from an agenda.

So many opinions related to Arsenal and Wenger are now firmly rooted in one camp or the other. It's either 'Wenger In' or 'Wenger Out' and near enough everything said by those so entrenched in either is molded to fit. Former players, pundits, journalists, Arsenal personalities and blogs - there are many so far down their own particular tunnel that they can't see anything else other than the light at the end they are striving for.

To give Alan Smith credit, he's not one of those and can see a more rounded situation. He told France Football:

'Arsene Wenger is still the greatest manager in the club's history. Nobody wants his Arsenal career to end this way. It will be interesting to see what he does this summer regarding investment [in new players]. He needs to improve the quality of the workforce. The question is: 'Will he and the club be able to attract players who will?' Are his scouts as competitive as they once were? Has he the right people around him?

And there are signs that suggest this is not necessarily the case. Americans work at Arsenal, and I'm not sure they are really as critical as they should be. It must change. What must also change, it is the way he [Wenger] works daily at the training center. There is not a coach in the strictest sense, but he has always been surrounded by players who can take their cues by themselves, as Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell did, world-class players.

The quality of the workforce is no longer the same, largely due to economic reasons. He had to let go of players like Fabregas and Van Persie. I do not see how he could keep them, because these players are primarily motivated by their ambition to win titles. Van Persie was not at a club who could offer this possibility. And Wenger has not been able to replace these players.

He found himself in a situation where he was forced to defend the position of [the owners]. Eight years without a trophy is a long time. And these fans have seen their team change its nature during this time. Players have become more fragile, a characteristic more associated to being usual with Spurs!'

Whilst the Tottenham comment is funny, there may be some truth in it. Whereas Arsenal have tended to have hugely competitive players in recent history, they are losing that now. There's not the aggressive and over the top hunger which Wenger enjoyed in his early squads.

Smith says that Wenger's Arsenal career is now being divided into two stages, the first eight years and the second, with a distinct difference in the success of the two halves. The former striker remains polite about Wenger and obviously wants him to do well but his comments suggest he may feel now is the time for Wenger to go.

"As the years pass, we start to doubt. I never stopped believing in Wenger, but he spent a lot of time at the head of one club, and there are not many managers who can maintain their edge that long. There is only one [Alex Ferguson], and he is an exception."

Whilst Arsenal were for so long the London team associated with success, Smith and Wenger wouldn't them taking on some of the characteristics shown by Tottenham so far this season.
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/arsenal-legend-says-weak-players-make-the-club-look-like-tottenha

spot on from smudger.

LDG
06-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Yep. Someone worth listening to rather than the prattle that usually gets posted on this thread.

Mind you. It's a round about way of saying what we all know. The quality of the side has slipped, and the consequence is that we're not as good as we once were.

Kano
06-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Yep. Someone worth listening to rather than the prattle that usually gets posted on this thread.

Mind you. It's a round about way of saying what we all know. The quality of the side has slipped, and the consequence is that we're not as good as we once were.

it's nice to have a real gooner point of view about a return to basics expressed in the press, as usually you just hear 'well they balance the books and the fans want to spend billions..' so all other fans seem to think is that we should be eternally grateful for everything under wenger and never let him go because none of this is his fault.

LDG
06-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah, that get's me too.

Wenger's not stupid enough to believe that the fans want him to spend billions on Messi, but he uses that message the media and some of the more idiotic pundits give out, in order to carry on doing what he wants.

At some point, it would be nice if somebody actually put the fuckers on the spot with a dose of reality.

I wonder what the AST will be saying at the next get together....whilst I'm all for their highbrow/professional approach, it would be nice if they could use their influence a bit better this time. A louder voice is needed.

Master Splinter
06-03-2013, 12:54 PM
It seems you're expecting journalists to be crusading and inquisitive.

LDG
06-03-2013, 12:58 PM
It seems you're expecting journalists to be crusading and inquisitive.

I'm not expecting journo's to be anything other than utter filth.

Be nice if somebody used their influence with the media a bit better though. There are plenty of sesnsible gooners out there who could make a bit of difference, but there are too many sitting on the fence, and too many Piers Morgan's out there, who know pittifully nothing about our current predicament.

Master Splinter
06-03-2013, 01:09 PM
If you asked WUMger about why he has unceremoniously dropped Podolski or why Walcott was allowed a free role against top opposition even though attacking fullbacks in his most influential position in those games would have been eminently sensible or why he refuses to give Rosicky a game or why he doesn't even minutely adjust a consistently losing formula despite even his stat machines telling him he's doing it wrong, you'd get another Wenget 'breakdown' to obfuscate the situation.

Even with the inevitable non-answer, it would be nice if at least one person asked something attaining to be worthwhile for once.

Power n Glory
06-03-2013, 01:42 PM
If you asked WUMger about why he has unceremoniously dropped Podolski or why Walcott was allowed a free role against top opposition even though attacking fullbacks in his most influential position in those games would have been eminently sensible or why he refuses to give Rosicky a game or why he doesn't even minutely adjust a consistently losing formula despite even his stat machines telling him he's doing it wrong, you'd get another Wenget 'breakdown' to obfuscate the situation.

Even with the inevitable non-answer, it would be nice if at least one person asked something attaining to be worthwhile for once.

He'll give the typical 'you're are all experts' speech. I don't think there is anyone that could ask him that without him taking offense.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Why doesn't someone just come out and ask the bloody obvious?

Why is Gazidis such a fucking ****?

I can't ever recall that being asked at a press conference. It's ridiculous how everyone in the media is skirting around this issue.

Xhaka Can’t
06-03-2013, 07:11 PM
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/arsenal-legend-says-weak-players-make-the-club-look-like-tottenha

spot on from smudger.

This line from Smudger best sums up my feelings:

Arsene Wenger is still the greatest manager in the club's history. Nobody wants his Arsenal career to end this way.

And, while not a direct quote, I also agree with this sentiment.

The former striker remains polite about Wenger and obviously wants him to do well but his comments suggest he may feel now is the time for Wenger to go.

Good read - thanks for that.

Cripps_orig
06-03-2013, 09:23 PM
It will be interesting to see what he does this summer regarding investment [in new players].

From Smiths article above.

Will it? It'll be the same summer as the previous few.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2013, 03:35 AM
They'll have to buy a striker. Not even Stan and the crew can ignore such a key requirement for long. Not saying they won't sell big to fund it though.

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 06:18 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4838040/Bayern-v-Arsenal-Gunners-old-boys-fear-the-worst.html

3 former players giving their view.

Xhaka Can’t
12-03-2013, 06:47 PM
“It is just about professional pride."

Thats us fucked then.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-03-2013, 11:10 PM
They'll have to buy a striker. Not even Stan and the crew can ignore such a key requirement for long. Not saying they won't sell big to fund it though.

:lol: we've been saying that for how many years? 'surely we cant go without signing a player in x position!!', only to see yep, we've failed to sign a player in that position.

in fact i remember posts like that last summer when a certain mr song was sold.

IBK
13-03-2013, 11:57 AM
This line from Smudger best sums up my feelings:

And, while not a direct quote, I also agree with this sentiment.

Good read - thanks for that.

Can't find fault with what Smudger says. And what all the references to SAF's longevity always fail to mention is that he is no more a football coach than Wumger - yet unlike Wumger he has always relied on the services of excellent coaches - to whom he has delegated proper authority. How many of SAF's coaches (or players for that matter) have gone on to be successful managers in their own right? SAF is a better manager than Wenger - probably because he realises he can't do it all himself. Wenger has tarnished his legacy by refusing to countenance that he is unable to do everything himself - and failing to realise his own limitations. I admire SAF for being big enough to do this. He is a much bigger man than Wenger.

Power n Glory
13-03-2013, 12:39 PM
10 years ago we'd have never admitted that SAF was the better coach.

dazthegooner
13-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Think 10 years ago they were on a par but Wenger has stagnated and Fergie has improved and is a better motivator!

Cripps_orig
14-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Former Arsenal goalkeeper Bob Wilson admits the Gunners face an uphill battle to qualify for next season's Champions League.
Arsene Wenger’s side are currently fifth in the Premier League table, five points adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea, with ten games left of the campaign.
The north London club are looking to qualify for Europe’s premier tournament for a sixteenth consecutive season, but Wilson, who won the First Division title during his time at Highbury, claims the odds are stacked against them.
“Arsenal are right up against it,” he told Hawksbee and Jacobs. “If you were a betting man you would not back them to finish in the top four this season.
“They’ve got a lot to do to get into that top four. The performance [against Bayern Munich] is a massive fillip for them though. To beat a team that are on the top of their game, haven’t lost at home in ages and have great individuals will be a huge boost to their morale.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130314/exclusive-bob-wilson-arsenal-facing-uphill-battle-qualify-champions-leag-1936#ixzz2NYaahnXW
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130314/exclusive-bob-wilson-arsenal-facing-uphill-battle-qualify-champions-leag-1936#LZuFbRcIV8IvDStD.99

4th is gone tbh

LDG
15-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Poor old Bob. It really hurts him :(

Shame some of our prima donna's can't do it for classy legends like him.

Özil's Panoramic View
15-03-2013, 06:53 PM
@IanWright0: Just heard that Squillaci is on 65k a week. If that is true, I should still be getting paid by Arsenal.

Agreed.

Cripps_orig
15-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Poor old Bob. It really hurts him :(

Shame some of our prima donna's can't do it for classy legends like him.

Pretty much.

Need to get him back in goal tbh

Özim
15-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Agreed.
F*ck me I forgot that plank was still part of the squad, what a total waste of money he was, yet again!

Cripps_orig
23-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Tony Woodcock believes Arsenal will finish in the Premier League’s top four – because they now have only one target to aim for.
The Gunners will once again end the season trophyless, but Woodcock feels they will have the consolation of Champions League qualification, maintaining Arsene Wenger’s impressive record of never failing to qualify for Europe’s top competition.
The former Gunners striker told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “The strange thing with Arsenal is when they are in all competitions they sell themselves short, but now I think they’ve got only fourth place to go for they’ve got a really good chance of taking it.
They’ve got one competition to concentrate on and I expect them to go for it and probably pull it off and get into the Champions League
— Tony Woodcock
“They’ve got one competition to concentrate on and I expect them to go for it and probably pull it off and get into the Champions League.”
Finishing in the top four will go some way towards appeasing frustrated Arsenal fans, but it’s a trophy they truly covet.
And while Woodcock admits there are areas of the side that need addressing, he doesn’t believe the north Londoners are a million miles away from glory.
He added: “If you look at any team, you look for a spine through the middle – a top goalkeeper, centre-half, midfielder and striker and you build the rest of the team around that. I’m not sure they’ve got that.
“But over the last two or three years they’ve been there or thereabouts. Although everyone wants the team to win something they’re not too far away from doing that. It’s a question of whether they can find that extra ingredient to do that.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130322/exclusive-tony-woodcock-backs-arsenal-top-four-finish-194180#ixzz2OMmNGJmq
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130322/exclusive-tony-woodcock-backs-arsenal-top-four-finish-194180#C9U1SSUrjbXiqb2h.99 there or thereabouts? When?

Cripps_orig
23-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Tony Woodcock believes Arsenal will finish in the Premier League’s top four – because they now have only one target to aim for.
The Gunners will once again end the season trophyless, but Woodcock feels they will have the consolation of Champions League qualification, maintaining Arsene Wenger’s impressive record of never failing to qualify for Europe’s top competition.
The former Gunners striker told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “The strange thing with Arsenal is when they are in all competitions they sell themselves short, but now I think they’ve got only fourth place to go for they’ve got a really good chance of taking it.
They’ve got one competition to concentrate on and I expect them to go for it and probably pull it off and get into the Champions League
— Tony Woodcock
“They’ve got one competition to concentrate on and I expect them to go for it and probably pull it off and get into the Champions League.”
Finishing in the top four will go some way towards appeasing frustrated Arsenal fans, but it’s a trophy they truly covet.
And while Woodcock admits there are areas of the side that need addressing, he doesn’t believe the north Londoners are a million miles away from glory.
He added: “If you look at any team, you look for a spine through the middle – a top goalkeeper, centre-half, midfielder and striker and you build the rest of the team around that. I’m not sure they’ve got that.
“But over the last two or three years they’ve been there or thereabouts. Although everyone wants the team to win something they’re not too far away from doing that. It’s a question of whether they can find that extra ingredient to do that.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130322/exclusive-tony-woodcock-backs-arsenal-top-four-finish-194180#ixzz2OMmNGJmq
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130322/exclusive-tony-woodcock-backs-arsenal-top-four-finish-194180#C9U1SSUrjbXiqb2h.99 there or thereabouts? When?

Cripps_orig
24-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Former Arsenal defender Nigel Winterburn believes young Gunner Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s lively displays for England can help revitalise his current club form.
After being announced as a shock inclusion for Roy Hodgson’s Euro 2012 England squad, the winger was hailed as one of the Premier League’s most promising talents, but has since failed to fully establish himself in Arsene Wenger’s team.
But Hodgson has been keen to promote the 19-year-old during the Three Lions’ World Cup qualification, which Oxlade-Chamberlain has taken in his stride, showing his ability on the wing as well as netting a goal in each of England’s 5-0 and 8-0 wins over international minnows San Marino.
He’s had a disappointing season for Arsenal and hopefully the goals will help him build his confidence
— Nigel Winterburn
And Winterburn told talkSPORT that his positive performances for England can aid his challenge for a first-team place with the Gunners.
“He’s had a disappointing season for Arsenal and hopefully the goals will help him build his confidence,” the former defender told the Sports Bar.
“It’s a catch 22 situation for him at the moment.
“He hasn’t played much for Arsenal and when he has played, he hasn’t played well.
“When you don’t get a run in the team, sometimes you try so hard that it just doesn’t happen for you.
“It’s a difficult situation for him but it’s pleasing to see him score and hopefully he’ll improve.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130323/exclusive-%E2%80%93-nigel-winterburn-england-performances-can-boost-arsenal-star-1942#ixzz2OSZf8Fpc
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130323/exclusive-%E2%80%93-nigel-winterburn-england-performances-can-boost-arsenal-star-1942#gTBClmWJTZWVWemY.99 hes been a bit shit since he joined but hopefully the England goals will boost confidence

IBK
24-03-2013, 09:36 PM
hes been a bit shit since he joined but hopefully the England goals will boost confidence

Former Arsenal player Nigel Winterburn tries very hard to put a positive spin on anything Arsenal related, by trying to pretend that Alex Oxlade Chamberlain is anything other than the latest in a long line of so-called 'next best things' that Arsenal have signed who has failed to live up to his hype and his price tag, and who's career appears to be going backwards under the stewardship of a manager who appears to be the living embodiment of the Emporer's New Clothes. Desperate to tie down a spot in the lucrative English football punditry industry, Winterburn might be crying harsh and bitter tears inside over the decline of a football club he truly loves, but he understands the need to talk up the performance of a consistently uninspiring and strangely repellant national team by taking the piss, and suggesting that scoring a goal for England is anything other than an indication that the player concerned would be a 'decent yeoman' for a Championship side. Nigel, we still love you but you know as well as we all do that Oxlade-Chamberlain won't be a revelation at Arsenal, because true revelations - well - reveal themselves immediately rather than after half a decade (and yes I'm looking at you, Theo). Nothing that has ever been associated with England has boosted anything other than a desire to shuffle off this mortal coil through sheer boredom and listlesness.

Kano
25-03-2013, 08:05 AM
jesus, the lad is only 18. what do you expect from him?

Cripps_orig
25-03-2013, 09:31 AM
To not be shit

LDG
25-03-2013, 09:32 AM
jesus, the lad is only 18. what do you expect from him?

It's laughable.

I can probably count on my right hand the number of world class stars have been truly excellent players at 18 years old.

Theirry Henry came to us at what, 23/24?? And it took him a while to become the great he became.

Now Im not suggesting the same will happen to AOC, but it's utterly absurd to be talking about him as anything other than a developing player.

Letters
25-03-2013, 09:50 AM
AOC is looking like an exciting prospect, at times he's looked like the player we all hoped Theo would become.
His form has been a bit patchy but he's a kid, he'll get better.
Whether he'll achieve the potential we hope for him remains to be seen but it's ridiculous to be too critical of him at this age.

Xhaka Can’t
25-03-2013, 10:40 AM
AOC is looking like an exciting prospect, at times he's looked like the player we all hoped Theo would become.
His form has been a bit patchy but he's a kid, he'll get better.
Whether he'll achieve the potential we hope for him remains to be seen but it's ridiculous to be too critical of him at this age.

This.

When Theo was 18, nobody had a bad word to say about him, because it would have been ridiculous. He received nothing but encouragement, and rightly so.

Those that go over the top, calling AOC shit, while lambasting others who are now critical of Theo, are either hypocrites or lacking in mental capacity to assess and analyse what are two entirely different situations.

Cripps_orig
25-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Why does Theo have to be mentioned at all? Why can't Ox be judged on his own merits?

And if he is, he hasn't been that good. Don't give a shit about his age. If he's in the first team squad, I expect him to perform better than he has been.

Kano
25-03-2013, 10:56 AM
he's had a bad season. it happens at young ages.

does that mean he is written off as shit forever?

if so, it's a sad indictment of how short sided too many football fans have become about the game in general.

Cripps_orig
25-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Judging from past experiences, Bendtner, Denilson, Vela, Diaby etc and considering who our manager is, Ox being shit forever isn't as far fetched as it sounds

Letters
25-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Why does Theo have to be mentioned at all? Why can't Ox be judged on his own merits?

And if he is, he hasn't been that good. Don't give a shit about his age. If he's in the first team squad, I expect him to perform than he has been.
They're both young, English players - the press always get over-excited about young English players who show some promise.
The comparisons are obvious.

Theo wasn't helped by his inclusion in the England squad so young, he's never developed as hoped although the expectation levels were unfair on a player so young. We need to be careful we don't set the bar for Ox so high although IMO he's showing more than Theo did at his age.

Kano
25-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Judging from past experiences, Bendtner, Denilson, Vela, Diaby etc and considering who our manager is, Ox being shit forever isn't as far fetched as it sounds
short sighted. there are no guarantees but if you base everything on past experiences you'll live a pretty limited life.

Cripps_orig
25-03-2013, 11:07 AM
short sighted. there are no guarantees but if you base everything on past experiences you'll live a pretty limited life.

It's happened far too many times to ignore it and you consider nothing changes at this club, you can't blame a guy for thinking Ox will go the same way

Kano
25-03-2013, 11:09 AM
It's happened far too many times to ignore it and you consider nothing changes at this club, you can't blame a guy for thinking Ox will go the same way
you can before it happens. young players deserve the benefit of the doubt, especially when their first season was very good. if he has another shocker next season, then fair enough but otherwise it's just pessimistic to think the worst over a lot of potential. by all means worry about it but to 100% write him off is ridiculous.

Cripps_orig
25-03-2013, 11:12 AM
They're both young, English players - the press always get over-excited about young English players who show some promise.
The comparisons are obvious.

Theo wasn't helped by his inclusion in the England squad so young, he's never developed as hoped although the expectation levels were unfair on a player so young. We need to be careful we don't set the bar for Ox so high although IMO he's showing more than Theo did at his age.Theos biggest problem back then was he kept getting injured which stunted his development but he showed enough for us to keep our faith in him plus the fact we hadn't gone 8 years without a trophy, still believed in Wenger and the board and had the patience that things will come good.

All of that is gone now with Ox. We don't have the patience to see if Ox will become awesome in a few years. He might well be but if so we'll sell him anyway so he'll either stay shit and we lose out or he becomes good, we sell him and we lose out