PDA

View Full Version : Former Players Views

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Letters
25-03-2013, 11:13 AM
It's happened far too many times to ignore it and you consider nothing changes at this club, you can't blame a guy for thinking Ox will go the same way
Maybe those players you mentioned just aren't that good. Not every player is going to make it at the top level. Diaby has been hampered by injury which has obviously affected where he might have been.

Cripps_orig
25-03-2013, 11:14 AM
you can before it happens. young players deserve the benefit of the doubt, especially when their first season was very good. if he has another shocker next season, then fair enough but otherwise it's just pessimistic to think the worst over a lot of potential.

Was it very good? Bar the Man Utd game where he was subbed off and the decision was booed and the first half of the Milan 2nd leg in what was already a lost cause, I don't seem to remember him being that good.

Kano
25-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Was it very good? Bar the Man Utd game where he was subbed off and the decision was booed and the first half of the Milan 2nd leg in what was already a lost cause, I don't seem to remember him being that good.
i think you'd be in a minority there and not just on this site. that doesn't automatically make everyone else right but i think it's far to say the positive reactions in and outside of the club toward ox probably give a decent enough opinion of the good season he had for a 17 year old playing in the prem for the first time.

Power n Glory
25-03-2013, 12:21 PM
It’s strange to see so many of our players lose their confidence so quickly and playing with the handbrake on as Wenger would say. The Walcott and Ox comparisons will be made for obvious reasons but the focus should really be on the manager for this one. Is he that good at developing players? Mourinho took a side wipe at Wenger years ago when he said he simply finds gems/diamonds and polishes them off. Was he right?

With Ox, the problem isn’t the lack of progression and we shouldn’t expect a well rounded player right now. It’s more to do with the fact that he hasn’t been a threat and played to the level which caught our attention last season. It’s like he’s gone backwards slightly. It’s only his second season but as seen with so many other players, there is no guarantee that Wenger will get the best out of him. During the youth development stage and when we got to the Carling Cup final against Chelsea, we had more faith in Wenger to turn players into world beaters and it was a question of time and patience. Now we’ve seen the majority of those players thrown on to the scrap heap and it makes you wonder what will happen with this current crop.

Marc Overmars
25-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I don't blame Oxlade for his lack of form this season, mainly because Wenget has wrapped him in cotton wool and rarely seems to give him sufficient game time to make an impact. How many games has he even started? Can't be much more than 10.

His progression is already looking similar to Theo's when he arrived. 20 minutes here and there, the odd start every month etc. It's difficult to make an impact when you're obviously not in the managers plans.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Tbf to the Ox, though he's a bit shit....now, he has the potential to develop into a much better player than Theo. For one, he appears to have some football intelligence - something which has always been strikingly absent from Theo's game.

The Ox has also shown that he can pass, dribble, shoot and has his fair bit of pace. Proper coaching is all that is required now.

Cripps_orig
25-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Ah the weak ass no football intelligence criticism of Theo :haha:

Always makes me laugh

Özil's Panoramic View
25-03-2013, 03:06 PM
That's pretty much what I do too when I can't really refute a claim.

I never forget the many hair tearing out moments Theo's caused.

Cripps_orig
25-03-2013, 03:21 PM
All players have done that.

Power n Glory
25-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Hansen and Waddle should have never given you guys that soundbite because I only ever hear it when talking about Theo when there are a host of other players that are probably worse. I never see people talk about Vermaelen that way even though he lacks common sense when it comes to defending. He storms into tackles without thinking about teammates, runs up field to attack with no regard to defence, positional awareness is awful and can’t sense danger. His decision making is bloody awful and that’s when you should be questioning footballing intelligence but I hardly ever see people stick that sort of label on serial offenders on here.

Cripps_orig
29-03-2013, 02:19 AM
ARSENAL legend Robert Pires has slammed the club’s transfer policy.
And the French former midfielder, 39, has urged boss Arsene Wenger to sign a hard core of English players.
Pires, who ended a six-year spell with the Gunners in 2006, said: “The difference between Arsenal today and my generation is that we had a backbone of English players.
“The club has some very good youngsters now but they lack experience.
“The only solution for Arsenal is to buy some English players.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4864933/Robert-Pires-slams-Arsenal-for-lack-of-English-players.html#ixzz2OtJe4g5P

Cahill and Parker, both available at reasonable prices could have been bought and both better than Kos and Arteta. Why didn't we go in for them? Can't think of any decent English keepers or strikers but those 2 should definitely have been bought.

Cripps_orig
01-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Samir Nasri has claimed Arsenal sold him two years ago because the board wanted to cash in.

Manchester City midfielder Nasri claimed Arsene Wenger told him he would not be sold if Cesc Fabregas left but majority shareholder Stan Kroenke had the final say.

The Gunners ended up selling both midfielders with Fabregas going to Barcelona.

The club vehemently denied at the time that Wenger was put under any pressure to sell even though Nasri only had a year left on his contract.

Nasri told BeIN Sport: "Cesc or me were supposed to leave. Arsene told me that if Cesc would leave, I would stay. But Kroenke wanted the money.

"Arsene Wenger is the greatest coach I have worked with.. he made me the player I am. I'm very grateful.

"I only regret not having more discussions with Arsene Wenger when I left [for Manchester City].

"I do not have regrets. I do not regret joining Manchester City. I want to play and perform. My departure from Arsenal is purely for sporting reasons.

"When you compare Arsenal and City, it's not the same. With City I'm playing in a better team. I didn't leave (Arsenal) for money."

Nasri has endured mixed fortunes since his £24m move to City, winning the title last year and being accused by Roberto Mancini of not trying hard enough.

Nasri added: "I am aware that I am not having a good season. There are many reasons. But when Mancini said that I'm training at 50 per cent this is not true."

On a potential move away from City, Nasri added: "There is nothing going on with Monaco. Nor with PSG."

Kroenke is a ****

Cripps_orig
07-04-2013, 12:05 AM
DAVID SEAMAN believes the sale of Robin van Persie is to blame for Arsenal’s struggle to qualify for the Champions League.
The Gunners parted company with Van Persie in August and have seen the talismanic Holland international bang in 23 goals in all competitions since joining Manchester United.
While the Dutchman is on the verge of winning the Premier League title with United, his old team-mates are battling against Chelsea and North London rivals Tottenham for a place in the top four.
And Seaman doubts the Gunners would be in danger of missing out on European football’s top competition had former skipper RVP not been allowed to leave.

He told SunSport: “It’s difficult when you sell your best players because it’s going to be hard for the team. When you’re selling captains and players like that, it’s difficult.
“That would never have happened [in the past]. Arsenal would never have sold their best players to Manchester United.
“But it did happen and we’ve just got to get on with it.
"Where do we go from here? Well, we’re a very successful business but we want to be successful on the pitch — and at the moment that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.”
While many Arsenal supporters turned on Van Persie following his switch to Old Trafford, Seaman remains a fan of the striker who netted in United's 2-1 win over the Gunners in November.
And he claims it is not all doom and gloom for the club he enjoyed so much success with.
The Arsenal legend added: “They’ve hit form recently, which is a good sign because the pressure is on now and they’ve got to get fourth place.
“For me, I like watching Van Persie — he’s a great player and a great finisher.
“But for the Arsenal fans, I imagine it must be destroying because they want him to have their shirt on and not Manchester United’s.”

It remains unclear whether Arsene Wenger has money at his disposal or is simply reluctant to splash the cash in pursuit of the game’s best players.
But Seaman, 49, disagrees with calls for the long-serving Frenchman to be replaced.
He said: “Spending the cash and maybe having a look at the wage structure is needed because you’ve got to be attracting the best players.
“People say about replacing Arsene, but no way, not for me. He’s the best.
“If he left Arsenal, a big, big club would snap him up straight away. It would be a loss to Arsenal.
“I’m sure the fans would regret it because what would change? Arsene’s a great coach, a great manager.
“Has he got the money to spend? We don’t know.
"If a new manager came in and suddenly he’s got money to spend, why wouldn’t they give it to Arsene? There a lot of questions that need answering.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4875307/David-Seaman-Selling-best-players-hurt-Arsenal.html#ixzz2PjOdCDFD

Tbf we struggled even with the ****

Özil's Panoramic View
07-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Tbf we struggled even with the ****

Stopped reading after the 1st paragraph, tbh, as the same thing you say here flashed across my mind.

Cripps_orig
08-04-2013, 05:12 PM
GEORGE GRAHAM insists Arsenal will edge out Tottenham in the battle for European qualification.
Andre Villas-Boas’ Spurs are currently two points ahead of fierce North London rivals.
But should Arsenal win their home clash against Norwich on Saturday they will move ahead of their North London rivals.
With just six games of the season remaining, Spurs are yet to play Chelsea and Manchester City.
And Graham said: “I fancy Arsenal to finish in the top four.
“I didn’t earlier in the season but now they’re favourites and could maybe even end up third.
“Tottenham have been outstanding this season.
“In the games I saw them play earlier this season I thought they would definitely be in the top four.
"But if you look at the fixture list they have got a very, very hard run-in.
"Arsenal’s only real tough game is away at Manchester United.
“Arsene Wenger has been under a lot of pressure and criticism this season, some of it is justified.
"However, when it comes to the run in at the end of the season he’s been fantastic.
“They’re not the Arsenal of old but they’re picking up important points and playing with a lot of confidence.”
Arsenal’s hopes of overcoming the Canaries this weekend have been boosted by the news Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere are due to return.
Graham added: “Jack Wilshere is one of the few world-class players in the team.
“He was out for so long and they missed him. He’s not only got wonderful technical ability but he’s a natural winner.
“They need that drive from midfield, without question.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4878448/George-Graham-Arsenal-will-beat-Tottenham-to-top-four.html#ixzz2PtQ9J6G0away at man Utd? :doh:

IBK
08-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Samir Nasri has claimed Arsenal sold him two years ago because the board wanted to cash in.

Manchester City midfielder Nasri claimed Arsene Wenger told him he would not be sold if Cesc Fabregas left but majority shareholder Stan Kroenke had the final say.

The Gunners ended up selling both midfielders with Fabregas going to Barcelona.

The club vehemently denied at the time that Wenger was put under any pressure to sell even though Nasri only had a year left on his contract.

Nasri told BeIN Sport: "Cesc or me were supposed to leave. Arsene told me that if Cesc would leave, I would stay. But Kroenke wanted the money.

"Arsene Wenger is the greatest coach I have worked with.. he made me the player I am. I'm very grateful.

"I only regret not having more discussions with Arsene Wenger when I left [for Manchester City].

"I do not have regrets. I do not regret joining Manchester City. I want to play and perform. My departure from Arsenal is purely for sporting reasons.

"When you compare Arsenal and City, it's not the same. With City I'm playing in a better team. I didn't leave (Arsenal) for money."

Nasri has endured mixed fortunes since his £24m move to City, winning the title last year and being accused by Roberto Mancini of not trying hard enough.

Nasri added: "I am aware that I am not having a good season. There are many reasons. But when Mancini said that I'm training at 50 per cent this is not true."

On a potential move away from City, Nasri added: "There is nothing going on with Monaco. Nor with PSG."

Tosser. Wish he would go away.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Perry Groves has warned Arsenal fans the club will have to settle for ‘second tier signings’ this summer.
Former vice-chairman David Dein was quoted on Tuesday morning saying Arsene Wenger is planning to splash the cash on big-money buys in the close season, but Groves insists the desire to spend is only half the story.
The ex-Gunners winger told Hawksbee & Jacobs: “Arsene Wenger will try to spend big, but the players he’s going to be in for, the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea will be in for as well.
“And it’s not just a question of the transfer fees. Everybody knows the top players will demand top salaries, so if Arsenal still have a wage structure with their top earners on £100-£110,000 a week, then other teams will blow them out of the water because they’ll be paying £180-£190,000 a week.
“I think Arsenal will have to take the second tier players because the top players will want to play for the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City, who are going to be in the hunt to win things.
“It also depends if Arsenal finish in the Champions League places because all the top players want to play in that, and sometimes you have to pay over the odds for a player.
“If Arsene thinks a player is worth £10m, he won’t pay more than that, whereas managers like Sir Alex Ferguson and Harry Redknapp will if they think he’ll be that important to the team.”
Arsenal’s close seasons have been disrupted in recent years with speculation over leading stars like Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie, but this year it seems unlikely they will be battling to keep hold of their big names.
“Arsenal’s top players are still in the development stage,” added Groves. “They’ve probably got another season of Jack Wilshere, but if Arsenal don’t win anything he might think about moving on, so they should be a bit more stable. It will be more interesting who’s coming in than who’s going out.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130411/exclusive-perry-groves-warns-arsenal-will-have-settle-second-tier-signin-1954#ixzz2QAkJmIGi
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130411/exclusive-perry-groves-warns-arsenal-will-have-settle-second-tier-signin-1954#c0tBmTUYTU4UGX8p.99

Move to Emirates Stadium has worked well

Cripps_orig
12-04-2013, 06:24 PM
IAN WRIGHT cannot wait to see Arsene Wenger splash the cash and get Arsenal challenging for silverware again.
As revealed by former vice-chairman David Dein, Wenger has finally conceded he must strengthen his squad this summer.
And Wright firmly believes the Frenchman is still the right man for the job to end the club’s eight-year trophy drought.
The Gunners legend told SunSport: “I’m delighted as my only argument with Arsenal has been we’ve not replenished the squad with the kind of quality players required to challenge for the Premier League.
“I get a lot of people on Twitter saying that I’m constantly slating the club, but I don’t do that.
“However, I won’t sit by when I know what is expected in terms of winning something. You expect to win something at that club — the fans do, the players should do — and I think we’ve lost sight of that in the last eight years.
“We’ve had a manager who has been great for us and now he’s finally realised that in order to compete, he has to spend the money.
“Now that Wenger has said he wants to buy big, I wouldn’t want anyone else rather than him doing it.”

Wenger has been notoriously reluctant to spend despite Arsenal’s strong finances.
But Wright, 49, insists the only way to get the Gunners firing again and win their first trophy since the 2005 FA Cup is to overhaul the team.
He added: “It’s hard to put your finger on specific players but for me, as a forward, I like the look of Edinson Cavani.
“He very much looks like a top player in terms of scoring goals at the highest level.
“I also think we need another goalkeeper to go alongside Wojciech Szczesny so that hopefully he can kick on.
“We need two centre-halves and we could always get another strong midfielder, but who is really available out there?

“I did like Mousa Dembele, but obviously he went to Spurs and I don’t know whether or not he’d have been an Arsenal type of player.
“My dream player for Arsenal would be Mesut Ozil. I think he’s amazing and you could put him in midfield alongside Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta.
“Finally, we need two big-name strikers to go with what we’ve already got so that everyone can raise their game and aspire to be at the same level.
“Then we’d have the whole squad playing for places and playing to win trophies because there’s proper competition. Arsenal need to get that mentality within the squad.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4883166/Ian-Wright-delighted-by-news-of-Arsenal-spending-spree.html#ixzz2QH5UNsvZdid Wenger actually say he will spend big or did Dein say it?

No way is Wenger spending big

fakeyank
12-04-2013, 08:01 PM
People are creaming their pants with what DD had to say.. Wenger will come with the usual BS of signing 'only super quality players'

Marc Overmars
12-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Wenget has been "ready" to spend big for the past 5 years. :rolleyes:

They're generic comments from Dein designed to appease some fans, as we've once again proven how uncompetitive the squad is.

IBK
13-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Wenget has been "ready" to spend big for the past 5 years. :rolleyes:

They're generic comments from Dein designed to appease some fans, as we've once again proven how uncompetitive the squad is.

Disagree. What motive does DD have to appease Arsenal fans? He's no longer part of the set up? I'm sceptical about AW spending, but I think DD is saying what he believes.

Marc Overmars
13-04-2013, 01:53 PM
He's Wenget's best mate.

GP
13-04-2013, 01:56 PM
He's Wenget's best mate.

All the more reason for not to talk shit then, I guess.

IBK
13-04-2013, 01:58 PM
He's Wenget's best mate.

Can't see why DD would bother saying this, all the same. If he were still with the club, I could understand DD being used to sell season tickets for next season, for example, but he's not - and is hardly likely to want to 'appease' fans to help the current board. Makes more sense to take it straight and conclude that DD believes it.

IBK
13-04-2013, 01:58 PM
All the more reason for not to talk shit then, I guess.

Better response than mine, dammit!

Özim
13-04-2013, 02:07 PM
As much as I like DD and would like him back as he has contacts and wants the club to be the best, he also thinks Wenger is still the man to bring the glory days back (not so good).

When it comes to Wenger, his judgment is clouded....he still believes in a guy who's past his sell by date by a considerable numbers of years. I'm not wasting my energy getting excited about a Wenger spending spree....it's not gonna happen.

IBK
13-04-2013, 02:20 PM
As much as I like DD and would like him back as he has contacts and wants the club to be the best, he also thinks Wenger is still the man to bring the glory days back (not so good).

When it comes to Wenger, his judgment is clouded....he still believes in a guy who's past his sell by date by a considerable numbers of years. I'm not wasting my energy getting excited about a Wenger spending spree....it's not gonna happen.

Don;t get me wrong. Neither am I - but IMO DD is saying what he thinks - not playing to an agenda. I would like to see him back with Wenger's successor - he would help him a lot.

Cripps_orig
26-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Ray Parlour has told Arsenal fans to ‘get over’ Robin van Persie’s move to Manchester United.
The Red Devils completed a £24million switch to Old Trafford last summer and has already won the Premier League trophy, a prize that eluded him during his eight year stay at the Gunners.
Home supporters at the Emirates are expected to show the Dutchman their feelings on Sunday, when the two teams meet, but Highbury legend Parlour claims the Emirates faithful need to move on.
“Manchester United have been absolutely fantastic this year,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “They’ve bounced back from last season and Sir Alex Ferguson and the players have done a great job.
“If I was playing of course I would applaud, they’ve been the best team this year, there’s no question about it.
“There will be a bit of friction between Robin van Perise and the fans, but you’ve got to get over it and move on. He’s switched to Manchester United. We’d have loved to see him in an Arsenal shirt this season, but it wasn’t to be.
There will be a bit of friction between Robin van Perise and the fans, but you’ve got to get over it and move on
— Ray Parlour
“You don’t want to sell your best players to your rivals. Robin van Persie going to Man United was a big blow for Arsenal fans.”
Arsenal are currently third in the Premier League table, but a Champions League place is far from secured, and Parlour insists the Gunners must finish in the top four to attract players who can fire club back into the title reckoning.
“It’s a massive summer for Arsenal,” he added. “The big players want to play in the Champions League so how can you attract those sort of people if you’re not in it? Arsenal is one of those clubs that could be massive but they’ve got to make that extra step.
“They need to go out and spend that extra bit of money on better players, to make the team a better side. They need three or four top end players and then they can compete with Man City and Man United.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130426/exclusive-ray-parlour-arsenal-fans-need-get-over-robin-van-persies-switc-1964#ixzz2RbqiJw72
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130426/exclusive-ray-parlour-arsenal-fans-need-get-over-robin-van-persies-switc-1964#yJR8eDAjA2wheelF.99

I'm over it

Cripps_orig
21-05-2013, 09:13 PM
SOME people will say Arsenal’s celebrations at Newcastle were a bit over the top.
I understand why they may feel this. It looked as though they had just won the Premier League title rather than finished fourth.
And you could argue that the team seemed pleased with mediocrity.
But I think you have to have close links to Arsenal or Tottenham to realise the importance of Sunday afternoon, as this was arguably bigger than any North London derby.
To win 1-0 at Newcastle and seal the final Champions League spot ahead of Spurs was absolutely massive for the Gunners.
You have to understand the relief of the Arsenal players who had overcome a seven-point gap with their rivals following the defeat in the North London derby. That was a decent achievement.
Yes, it is a sign of the times. Arsenal are nowhere near Manchester United and I think the club’s fans have now accepted this.
Yet to finish below Spurs — and end up with a Europa League spot — would have been horrendous for everyone connected with Arsenal.
This is the club with the fourth- ighest wage bill in English football so Arsene Wenger and his team have finished exactly where they should — fourth.
Arsenal have neither over-achieved nor under-achieved.
I am certainly not saying it has been a great season, far from it — as there have been some real low points along the way.
Without doubt, I would swap a trophy for fourth place any day of the week, whatever Wenger may have previously said.
Eight years and counting for a piece of silverware is simply not good enough.
This team certainly needs improving in more than just a couple of areas.
Arsenal need another goalkeeper, two centre-halves and a top-quality central midfielder. There also needs to be more strength in depth.
Wenger also has to buy an excellent striker who will score over 20 league goals. My choice would be Edinson Cavani and this, of course, is where the problems start.
It seems Arsenal have money to spend this summer and Wenger has promised to buy big.
The problem is that the amount being mentioned is £70million, including wages.
And that does not get you a lot if you are competing with the biggest clubs in Europe.
You would probably get Cavani for £70m including wages. And that’s it. Arsenal would be unable to afford anyone else.
Arsenal will have the same problems if they are looking at Atletico Madrid’s Radamel Falcao or Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski.
Realistically, those players I’ve mentioned would probably choose Chelsea, Manchester City or United because of the money.
The name of Wayne Rooney keeps cropping up but I cannot see him joining Arsenal.
I am not sure why he would leave United, who are in such a good place right now.
I think Chelsea will be a force under Jose Mourinho next season.
United will still do well and City can once again buy who they want so I fear that fourth is the best Arsenal can hope for in the Premier League.
This is why Wenger has to prioritise the cups.
Winning one of these competitions would be fantastic, which is why the losses to Bradford and Blackburn this season were so disappointing.
Wenger will be in the final year of his contract next season.
Who knows what will happen in 12 months’ time? But most importantly of all, I want to see Arsenal actually win something.
And then we can all have a proper celebration.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4935824/Ian-Wright-Id-swap-finishing-fourth-for-a-trophy.html#ixzz2TxofPuED

Wrighty :bow:

Love this guy

Cripps_orig
22-05-2013, 08:41 PM
David O'Leary does not expect his Arsenal appearances record to be broken - but he'd love to see Jack Wilshere do it.
The former centre back left the Club 20 years ago this week after playing his final game for Arsenal in the FA Cup final replay win over Sheffield Wednesday at Wembley.
I would be delighted if it's someone like Jack, because then I will know that a tremendous player - who I am sure will improve and improve - played at Arsenal for a long time
David O'Leary
That was O'Leary's 722nd appearance, spread over an 18-year-old Highbury career. He wasn't quite a one-club man - making a handful of appearances for Leeds United after leaving Arsenal - but O'Leary believes the movement of modern-day footballers makes his tally hard to beat.
"I'd love to be proved wrong but I just can't see my record being beaten," he told Arsenal.com.
"It's a lot of games. When you look at the numbers I think we were averaging 50 games a season. I didn't think it was a big deal, that was what you had to do, you had to play two or three times a week.
"It's hard to see someone going past my appearances but records are there to be broken and if it is I would be delighted if it's someone like Jack, because then I will know that a tremendous player - who I am sure will improve and improve - played at Arsenal for a long time. And that can only benefit the Club."
O'Leary departed in style two decades ago, lifting the FA Cup in his final moments as an Arsenal player after Andy Linighan's last-gasp winner in May 1993. The Irishman won six major trophies at Highbury and he says his loyalty to the Gunners came naturally.
"All I can say with myself is that it wasn't a hard thing to do," said O'Leary. "It was an absolute pleasure and a privilege to play there for 20 years. It is a great club, and it was no hardship to stay all that time - the honour was mine.
"It was a club that looked after you, it was easy to be there. I'm amazed I lasted that long and everything I have, I owe it all to Arsenal Football Club."

Won't be jack

Xhaka Can’t
22-05-2013, 09:40 PM
It won't be Diaby either.

-Xs-
22-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Probably would have been Cesc had he not left, but he did. Oh well.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Stewart Robson claims Arsene Wenger is scared to spend ‘big money’ this summer – because he will be accountable if his acquisitions flop.
The Gunners have failed to replace some of the their top stars over the last few seasons, having let Robin van Persie, Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas all leave the Emirates in recent years.
And former Highbury favourite Robson believes the Frenchman needs to splash the cash when the transfer window opens, if the north London club are to have any chance of winning the Premier League trophy next term.
“If Arsene Wenger goes out and spends big money, say he buys three big players, then he is then culpable when they don’t succeed,” he told the Sports Bar.
“All the time that he is selling players and not spending big, when they come fourth, everyone says ‘Arsenal are doing OK because they are not spending what the other clubs spend’.
“As soon as he spends big money Arsenal fans and everyone in the media will expect them to compete for the Premier League and the Champions League.
If Arsene Wenger goes out and spends big money, say he buys three big players, then he is then culpable when they don’t succeed
— Stewart Robson
“If he doesn’t do that then he puts himself under pressure and that’s why he doesn’t spend. There’s been money there for years.
“They’ve got a chance [to win the Premier League] but they’ve got to spend some money wisely.
“Arsenal have got to make sure that Arsene Wenger, in my view, coaches the players better and gets a better understanding of what it takes to win the title.
“Although they had an excellent run towards the end of the season, I still saw flaws in their game.
“I don’t think Arsene Wenger has learnt his lesson from one season to the next. We’ve heard this for so many years, ‘If Arsenal can get into the Champions League then next year will be the year' but we’ve been hearing this for the last six or seven years.”
And Robson went on to claim that, should Arsenal not taste success next season, the Frenchman’s position at the helm would come under serious pressure.
“If you’re an average club then you need continuity because you can’t keep getting rid of players when a new manager comes in,” he added.
“I know we’ve seen Sir Alex Ferguson stay at Man United for a long time and get that continuity and be successful, but look at other big clubs, look at Chelsea. They have sacked their manager many, many times and are still successful and Man City have won trophies in recent years.
“Arsenal have kept their manager and kept continuity, but continuity of being just above average at the moment.
“That can’t be right. So at some point Arsene Wenger has got to change or the club have got to change Arsene Weneger and this has to be the season.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130524/exclusive-stewart-robson-arsenal-wenger-scared-spend-big-money-arsenal-198262#ixzz2UDU109F3
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130524/exclusive-stewart-robson-arsenal-wenger-scared-spend-big-money-arsenal-198262#e5Oz0ZMTmludeOIr.99 Say what you like about Robson and I'm not a fan by any means but he's totally right here

LDG
24-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Robson is a twat.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Robson is a twat.

True but even twats talk sense sometimes.

cricketsi
24-05-2013, 02:23 PM
^ He did that on purpose, right?

LDG
24-05-2013, 02:24 PM
True but even twats talk sense sometimes.

You said "say what you like about him", so I did :lol:

He talks sense about it being Wengers last chance, and that if we're still stagnating at the end of his contract, it shouldn't be renewed. I think everyone gets that.

The rest of it is nonsense though.

Ollie the Optimist
24-05-2013, 04:51 PM
i wondered when that **** would appear again. hes been very quiet recently because the club have just proved him wrong again and again.

GP
24-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Robson's mouth is full of shitty diarrhoea.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Say what you like about Robson and I'm not a fan by any means but he's totally right here

...then he is then culpable when they don’t succeed

Bitter twat. One minute he's slagging the club for not spending, now he's pre-slagging in case we spend. Sounds like he's unsettled we may have some cash this year and could challenge his beloved AnyoneButArsenal FC

Xhaka Can’t
24-05-2013, 06:08 PM
He is a twat.

Kano
24-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Say what you like about Robson and I'm not a fan by any means but he's totally right here
i still want a change in manager but robson just needs to fuck off.

Özil's Panoramic View
24-05-2013, 08:12 PM
He's a sewer rat that should be doused with an accelerant and be set ablaze

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-05-2013, 11:14 PM
robson is spot on. the truth hurts.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2013, 11:40 PM
It is a shame people react to the man rather than what he says.

Is it a way of not dealing with the truths he has said?

Xhaka Can’t
24-05-2013, 11:42 PM
It isn't a shame at all. He does not offer anything that isn't already covered here.

And he is a twat.

Xhaka Can’t
24-05-2013, 11:50 PM
It is a shame people react to the man rather than what he says.

Is it a way of not dealing with the truths he has said?

No, I don't have a need to deal with anything that twat says, as he is a twat.

I've long questioned Wenger in the transfer market and been concerned about what he would do if given money - I don't need that twat's 'contribution'.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Genuine question

Why is he seen as a twat?

His playing career was before my time. No idea if he was any good. Articles I've seen of him call him a highbury favourite though so must be something after.

He has been critical of Wenger but so have many others.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Genuine question

Why is he seen as a twat?

His playing career was before my time. No idea if he was any good. Articles I've seen of him call him a highbury favourite though so must be something after.

He has been critical of Wenger but so have many others.

He wasn't a favourite if we're talking figures like Brady, Rocastle, Merson. A competent player with potential that was never realised. Injured all the time as I recall. On a par with Stephen Hughes, could have been something, ended up nothing much.

As for him being a twat, our anger and bitterness comes from wanting to see the club do better. His is evidently personal and he plainly wants to see the club in the gutter. We're stupid fans who love the club. He's a twat who loathes it.

LDG
25-05-2013, 01:30 AM
He wasn't a favourite if we're talking figures like Brady, Rocastle, Merson. A competent player with potential that was never realised. Injured all the time as I recall. On a par with Stephen Hughes, could have been something, ended up nothing much.

As for him being a twat, our anger and bitterness comes from wanting to see the club do better. His is evidently personal and he plainly wants to see the club in the gutter. We're stupid fans who love the club. He's a twat who loathes it.

Yes. He's a twat.

Power n Glory
25-05-2013, 08:46 AM
He sounds bitte but his theory will be put to the test this summer.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Arsenal legends Adams and Pires urge summer investment

After recovering to reach Champions League qualification this season, the former Gunners stars want Arsene Wenger to spend big on top-quality recruits to end their trophy drought

Former Arsenal duo Tony Adams and Robert Pires have urged the club to spend heavily this summer.

The Gunners clinched fourth place ahead of neighbours Tottenham on the last day of the Premier League season to secure Champions League football for next term but, after another trophyless season, calls for investment are growing.

Adams, who captained the Gunners to 10 major trophies during his 22 years at the club, believes that manager Arsene Wenger must invest in the squad, prioritising the defence.

"The best players and the best teams win championships," he told Sky Sports. "Lately Arsenal have become very solid and Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker have gained confidence together but, defensively, I think they are still short - I'd like to see them sign another centre-back, a couple of full-backs and possibly a keeper."

The former England captain also urged fans to be patient with the young team, with the hurdle of winning their first trophy the most crucial to overcome.

"The fans are desperate for a trophy of some sort," Adams added. "I would like the players to get used to winning; if you have never had that experience of crossing the line as a winner you don't know what it is like to be a winner.

"Jack Wilshere is very important to the club but you can't rush him. I think he has played more games than Arsene would have wanted him to play following his injury but he's such an influential player for us."

Likewise, former 'Invincible' Pires believes that Arsenal need to heavily invest in the squad this summer but, importantly, they must retain their long-serving manager.

"Wenger built Arsenal so he is very important to the players and needs to stay," the Frenchman observed.

"In my opinion I think Arsenal need to buy English players. Wenger has changed the philosophy at the club, he brought in young players like Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Aaron Ramsey; these players are very good for the future but now they need to buy some players with experience to give a good mix."

Hope Wenger listens

Injury Time
26-05-2013, 05:52 AM
Hope Wenger listensAdams hasn't made 12,000,000 transfers, how did his management career go? (I haven't forgiven him for his awful autobiog), but we will need Sagna replacement & Pires basically says buy Rooney, bound to happen?

Cripps_orig
26-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Arsenal should not celebrate fourth place - Ljungberg

A final-day victory over Newcastle prompted scenes of elation among the Gunners but the Swede believes that only an end to the club's eight-year trophy drought is success

Arsenal should not treat finishing fourth as a cause for celebration, according to former Gunners legend Freddie Ljungberg.

Arsene Wenger's men saw off a stiff challenge from north London rivals Tottenham with a 1-0 victory over Newcastle at St James' Park on the final day of the season, prompting elation at the final whistle.

Should they negotiate a two-legged qualifier, next season will be Arsenal's 16th consecutive campaign in the Champions League but the club's egiht-year wait for silverware goes on and Ljungberg, who won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups in his time with the Gunners, believes that only trophies should spark such feelings of joy.

"I'm not too happy about them celebrating fourth place," he told reporters. "I'm from the old school where, if you don't win a trophy every year, then it is a big failure.

"We will see what happens in the summer and hopefully Arsenal will have a better team next season."

Freddie speaks sense

Ollie the Optimist
29-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Thierry Henry: "If you're truly an Arsenal man, it's not about being fourth, it's about finishing above Tottenham!"

Thierry gets it. What a man what a legend

Henry :bow:

Power n Glory
29-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Regarding this season, I can't argue with that at all.

Marc Overmars
29-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Yep. The joy from this season was edging out Sperz. CL football was an afterthought.

Cripps_orig
29-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Thierry Henry: Kicking Tottenham out of the top four is the only thing Arsenal have to celebrate

The Gunners' all-time leading goalscorer believes his former club should strive for more and hopes their delight on the final day was because they had finished above their rivals

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry hopes his former club were celebrating on the final day of the season because they beat Tottenham to a top-four finish - and not because they qualified for the Champions League.

The Gunners triumphed over Newcastle on the Premier League's final day to finish above their north London adversaries and clinch the final spot in Europe's premier club competition.

As a fan of the club, Henry admits that finishing above Spurs feels like winning a trophy but believes finishing in the top four should be considered the minimum expectation for Arsene Wenger's team.

"For me as a fan or if I was a player at Arsenal, finishing in the top four would have been normal," Henry told Sky Sports.

"We saved our season and that was it because you always want to win and I know people go on about the pictures and all of this celebration.

"But I can tell you I think it was more the fact that for any Arsenal player, when you really feel the shirt and really play for the club, putting Tottenham out of the top four, and I really do hope that’s what they were celebrating about.

"Because that is the only thing you can celebrate about. If you are an Arsenal man through-and-through that is like winning something for me. And I also said it when we did it to them in 2006 that it wasn't the fact we qualified for the Champions League, it is because we kicked them out of it and we went in."

Wenger has never failed to secure Champions League qualification since his arrival at the club in 1996 and Henry admits he is struggling to contemplate an Arsenal team without the Frenchman in the dugout.

"For me it's very difficult for me to see Arsenal play, one day, without Arsene on the bench," he acknowledged. Whatever, after, people can say 'oh yeah they won, they didn't win' but for me there I will see Arsenal play without Arsene on the bench, its going to be weird.

"So I'd just love to have him there all the time. We all know that's not going to happen, one day he's going to have to go. But it will be hard as he's not thinking of leaving one day. It will happen eventually, we all know it, but I don't see it."

Full article

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-05-2013, 10:08 PM
thierry spot on. seems like the rumours about him supporting usmanov might have been true then.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Time Usmanov came home.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Stewart Robson doesn’t believe Arsene Wenger should be handed a transfer warchest this summer – as he will simply waste the money.
The Gunners chief will be allowed to spend £70million in the transfer window as the north London club look to catch up with Man United, Man City and Chelsea.
But former Highbury favourite Robson claims the Frenchman’s previous buys have been woeful – and he expects more of the same this summer.
“I’m not expecting any marquee signings at Arsenal,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “There’s a lot of talk about it but I don’t know if I would trust Arsene Wenger with that money.
“Over the last few years some of the players that he’s said were going to be world class haven’t ended up like that.
“People like Olivier Giroud, Philippe Senderos, Denilson, Marouane Chamakh, Armand Traore, Sebastien Squillaci, Nicklas Bendtner, Carlos Vela, Emmanuel Eboue, Park Chu-Young, Lukasz Fabianskii, Gervinho and Andre Santos.
Over the last few years some of the players that he’s said were going to be world class haven’t ended up like that
— Stewart Robson
“These are the sort of players who Arsene Wenger said were going to be world class players and they haven’t done it.
“Over the last two seasons they have spent some money on Olivier Giroud, Lukas Podolski, Mikel Arteta, Nacho Monreal, Per Mertesacker and Andre Santos. They haven’t been top class players.
“Arsene Wenger doesn’t appear to want to sign the top class players, or what other people would describe as top class players. He goes out and says, ‘I can buy you cheaper players for a better price who are going to be world class players in the future’ but that hasn’t been the case in the last few years.
“Some of the players who he has bought have regressed under him like Andrey Arshavin and Thomas Vermaelen. Nacho Monreal hasn’t been a good signing and Andre Santos has been hopeless for them.
"Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski are past their best and Gervinho is another player who they spent a lot of money on and hasn’t really come to the fore.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130607/exclusive-stewart-robson-arsene-wenger-will-waste-arsenals-%C2%A370million-tr-1991#ixzz2VWa831PT
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130607/exclusive-stewart-robson-arsene-wenger-will-waste-arsenals-%C2%A370million-tr-1991#d7ErVoGmHSvwGgBW.99

:lol:

He's right in some of the things he says but he seems like a ****

GP
07-06-2013, 10:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PIIVUhV.jpg

Kano
07-06-2013, 11:01 AM

Power n Glory
07-06-2013, 11:09 AM

He's right in some of the things he says but he seems like a ****

Damn! Pulls no punches.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Damn! Pulls no punches.

A refreshing change to the usual crap these former players come out with licking wengers ass.

Still, seems like a ****

Ollie the Optimist
07-06-2013, 12:03 PM
A refreshing change to the usual crap these former players come out with licking wengers ass.

Still, seems like a ****

Yeah I agree, there is so much posisitivity in the media about us that it's so nice to see an ex player come out and constantly criticise the club for every fucking thing theyndo

Ollie the Optimist
07-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Also it's so nice when an ex player openly admits he wants united to try and sign jack just to test us. It really shows he cares about the club and wants the best for it. ****

Japan Shaking All Over
07-06-2013, 12:07 PM
:)

McNamara That Ghost...
07-06-2013, 12:10 PM
If things are that bad as Robson seems to point out, how do we finish fourth? :unsure:

He's a complete and utter berk.

Xhaka Can’t
07-06-2013, 02:15 PM
He is the most butt hurt ex -employee in club history.

Quite an achievement that.

Letters
07-06-2013, 02:30 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/robson-im-boring-myself/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

tbh

Letters
07-06-2013, 02:30 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/robson-im-boring-myself/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

tbh

Gooner23
07-06-2013, 02:42 PM
What a ****. Its why I don't listen to talksport, even goonersweb wumming doesn't come close.

Cripps_orig
13-06-2013, 05:29 PM
13 June 2013 17:36
Ljungberg tips Arsenal for title under 'remarkable' Wenger

The former Gunners midfielder believes that the north London club can build on their consistency and now have the foundations in place to challenge for silverware

Former Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg belives the club will challenge for the title once more, and has backed "remarkable" manager Arsene Wenger to guide the Gunners to the summit of the Premier League.

The north London club have not won a trophy in eight seasons, though won eight of their last 10 games of the 2012-13 season to claim Champions League qualification for the 16th consecutive season.

And Ljungberg, who won two Premier League titles under Wenger, is adamant the club have what it takes to mount a title push next season, despite their ever-extending trophy drought.

"I think they have the foundations [for success]," the former Sweden star told Arsenal Player.

"I think it's extremely important that they qualified for the Champions League, otherwise it could be difficult to attract certain players. I always say that they are going to win the league so I'll say that again.

"The club went out after the game against Newcastle and said they weren't happy with being fourth. They want to win trophies as a club and I think that was a very important message they sent to all the fans."

Gunners boss Wenger managed to guide his side to fourth spot last season despite calls for his head, and Ljungberg believes he is the right man to take Arsenal forward and one of the very best coaches around.

"I think [Wenger] and Sir Alex Ferguson are the best managers in the world," Ljungberg added.

"He's done remarkably well for a very long period of time and I think with some certain economical restraints at times when they were building the stadium. To still achieve what he's done is actually quite remarkable."

He does realise ferguson isn't a manager anymore doesn't he?

Come back Stewart Robson, all is forgiven.

Cripps_orig
13-06-2013, 05:31 PM

Still, seems like a ****:goodpost:

Ollie the Optimist
13-06-2013, 06:03 PM
:goodpost:

i know its horrible to listen or read comments like that from freddie, i mean imagine a player being signed by wenger, wining a double, having an unbeaten season, 3 fa cups and a champions league final and thinking he is a good manager. whats the world coming too?

Cripps_orig
13-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Do you think Freddie is right?

Ollie the Optimist
13-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Do you think Freddie is right?

yes, what he says is sensible and accurate imo. we do have the foundations to push on and win trophies as well as prasing the job wenger has done in keeping us top four with no money, especailly when you compare it to what spurs and liverpool have spent to get there and even chelsea who only finished a point (i think) above us. he has made mistakes of course he has, but when you compare what freddie is saying to what robson says as you did, there is only one winner. its not robson

GP
13-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Anyone who listens to Robson is clearly a Sun reader.

Globalgunner
13-06-2013, 06:39 PM
i know its horrible to listen or read comments like that from freddie, i mean imagine a player being signed by wenger, wining a double, having an unbeaten season, 3 fa cups and a champions league final and thinking he is a good manager. whats the world coming too?

Wenger is great manager. Even if he never wins another trophy as is increasingly likely. We can always remember the early years. Give him another 10 years. We can take it..

Cripps_orig
13-06-2013, 06:53 PM
yes, what he says is sensible and accurate imo. we do have the foundations to push on and win trophies as well as prasing the job wenger has done in keeping us top four with no money, especailly when you compare it to what spurs and liverpool have spent to get there and even chelsea who only finished a point (i think) above us. he has made mistakes of course he has, but when you compare what freddie is saying to what robson says as you did, there is only one winner. its not robson
Can you say Wenger has done his utmost best?

Do you agree with Freddie in that he's the best manager n the world?

Globalgunner
13-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Freddie is now an employee. He needs to spout the company line B.S.. Wenger miracle manager, spends 50m more than the Spuds to beat them by 1 point. Who else in world football can do that.?. In his defence however, the Spuds have a spacechimp in their ranks. That's hardly fair. Without Bale we'd be at least 10 points clear.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Arsenal will find it hard to compete for transfers with Manchester United and Chelsea, warns Wright

The former Gunners forward believes Arsene Wenger may miss out on potential transfers if they are also being targeted by the Premier League's elite

Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright has warned the club may struggle to attract high calibre players ahead of their Premier League rivals this summer.

Arsene Wenger's side have agreed terms with Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain but the Spanish club are holding out for a fee of €30 million for the Argentine.

Arsenal activated the €25 million release clause in Marouane Fellaini's Everton contract but are yet to open talks with the midfielder.

But Wright believes the appointments of David Moyes at Manchester United and Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, coupled with Manchester City's resurgence under Manuel Pellegrini and Tottenham's attempts to improve this summer, may make it a difficult transfer market for Arsenal.

"Arsene Wenger’s future at the club is secure, because he has done so much for the club since he got there," said Wright, who was speaking at a charity event at the Marina Bay Sands resort in Singapore.

"I feel that the quality of signings over the past few years is the reason why they haven’t won anything in eight years.

"They have to sign players with the right qualities, but they are going into a team to help young players who are coming through.

"I think it’s going to be harder for Arsenal because Manchester United has a new manager, and so do Chelsea," he warned.

"Manchester City have a point to prove, and even Tottenham are coming through. It’s going to be hard to try to attract the kind of players that’s not going to want to go to those other clubs."

Any player that wants to go to Tottenham over us is not worth getting

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Former Arsenal striker John Hartson believes the Gunners must show intent in the transfer market this summer and has called on Arsene Wenger to "break the bank" in a bid to sign Wayne Rooney.

Goal exclusively revealed Rooney is open to a move to the north London outfit this summer, and Arsenal are keeping abreast of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the 27-year-old's future at Manchester United.

Rooney is understood to be against the idea of working with new Old Trafford chief David Moyes and Hartson, who was speaking at the launch of the 2013-2014 Barclays Premier League fixtures, believes Arsenal should capitalise on the pair's frosty relationship by lodging a bid for the England star.

"I think Rooney would be a fantastic signing," the Welshman told Goal. "He's actually coming into his prime.

"He's only about 27, 28 and you don't play your best football until this stage of your career so, in terms of his experience and everything he's done at Manchester United, I think he would be a brilliant signing and Arsenal fans would welcome him into the side."

The Gunners, who are also chasing Real Madrid frontman Gonzalo Higuain, have been crying out for an established forward ever since Robin Van Persie's departure to United in the summer of 2012.

Olivier Giroud performed admirably in his first season in English football but has not filled the void, and Hartson believes Rooney would bring so much more than just goals to the Arsenal frontline.

He added: "I think you will see Rooney take up a deeper role because of his experience and when he drops into that little hole behind the striker, he gives the centre-backs a real problem because he needs to be marked, and you couldn't let a player like him come in on the half-turn and face your back four because he will just cause riots in there.

"He can pick people out, he can slide balls through, break the centre-backs by getting between the lines and by playing balls over the top.

"He has unbelievable individual ability and if they can find the right position for him, he'd be brilliant. Ryan Giggs and Roy Keane both dropped into deeper roles as they got older and wiser.

"Arsenal fans are used to players like Rooney. They've had Dennis Bergkamp, Liam Brady, Anders Limpar, they've had great ball players over the years and Rooney would be a magic signing, I'm a big fan of his.

"So, for me, I would just break the bank and go and get Rooney if United will let him go."

With the likes of Rooney, Higuain, Marouane Fellaini et al being linked to the club, Arsenal's change of approach on the transfer front has suddenly seen the club being touted in some quarters as potential title challengers rather than mere Champions League chasers.

Hartson does not believe the calibre of players arriving at the Emirates this summer is surprising but admits the club do need to secure silverware sooner rather than later.

"Well that doesn't surprise me because Arsenal are a fantastic club, a huge club," he added.

"The only thing that is letting them down right now is the fact they haven't won a major trophy for six or seven seasons which is disappointing.

"They've come close, they've hit the post if you like, they've lost in cup finals and when you talk about Arsenal, you're so used to talking about them winning things but they've not won anything.

"They've qualified for the Champions League, which is a great achievement for many years now on the spin so Wenger deserves huge credit for that but they're still a massive club and, in my opinion, they will have no problem attracting world-class players."

time for Wazza to come home

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2013, 03:15 PM
time for Wazza to come home

Stop calling our place a sewer.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Don't get this animosity with Wazza coming here.

He's a quality player. It would send a message that we mean business.

He's not the type of player to just give up if things go bad.

Or is it just cos hes a man utd player we don't want him?

Xhaka Can’t
21-06-2013, 09:59 PM
I think it has been quite clearly explained a few times on this thread why some of us don't want him. It is bugger all to do with who he played for. Hell, I was over the moon when we signed Campbell.

bunsco
22-06-2013, 02:17 PM
It's happened far too many times to ignore it and you consider nothing changes at this club, you can't blame a guy for thinking Ox will go the same way

My god, some on here are beyond belief.

Very very few players at that age become seasoned - almost metronomically consistent - players after a great first season.

It's not too dissimilar to the quota of newly promoted teams establishing themselves as perennial top 10 material after a blinding first season - it just doesn't happen very often. I stand to be corrected but the last time I saw young players beating the trend was back in the mid nineties with Giggs, Scholes, Beckham and G Neville.

So yes, young players must be given time to 'find' themselves - usually 2-3 years before we start giving up on them.

Our job is to support them through the process as best we can, and hopefully both player and fans will reap the relative rewards.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't even remember what I was talking about

bunsco
22-06-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't even remember what I was talking about

About Ox being written off as shit because he had the audacity to have a drop in form

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Ah yes.

As I said, we've seen far too many youngsters overhyped over the years who have completely flopped.

Is it too ridiculous to think Ox might go the same way considering nothing changes at this club?

He will be trained the same way as the flops before him, taught the same things as them. It will take something of his own doing to enable he doesn't go that way cosif he continues to listen to Wenger then he's going the same way as Vela, Bendtner, Denilson, Cesc, Diaby etc

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Arsenal can challenge for the title with two or three signings, says Seaman

The ex-Gunners goalkeeper has urged Arsene Wenger to splash some cash this summer and has backed the north London outfit to compete for honours if they recruit wisely

Former Arsenal goalkeeper David Seaman believes the Gunners can mount a challenge for the Premier League title if they sign “two or three” players this summer.

The north London club have met the release clause in Marouane Fellaini's Everton contract, while they are also close to finalising a deal for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain.

And Seaman, who made 405 league appearances for Arsenal, is convinced that signings of that ilk are required to help the Gunners end their eight-year trophy drought and push them towards the Premier League summit.

"I think they need just two or three signings and they can challenge for the title," Seaman told Goal.

"When Arsenal play at their best, they are very hard to beat."

Seaman's claims support those of former team-mate Ray Parlour, who urged Arsene Wenger to spend over €100 million on Higuain, Fellaini and Wayne Rooney this week.

But Seaman does not believe new signings alone will re-establish Arsenal at the top of the table, and has urged the the club to change their wage policy to ensure their best players do not continue to leave.

"It is hard when you let your best players go," Seaman added. "Maybe [the club] could alter the wage structure [to prevent it]."

Seaman :bow:

bunsco
22-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Ah yes.

Is it too ridiculous to think Ox might go the same way considering nothing changes at this club

YES!

I'm the first to recognise the repeated mistakes of Wenger, but life let alone football doesn't work like that. It's not as though WUM is doing an Arshavin on him and blatenly playing him out of possiton - he's playing in the 2 positions he's always played in, and as long as that's the case - there's no reason we shouldn't see him mature into the player we think he can be.

If he continues to listen to Wenger then he's going the same way as Vela, Bendtner, Denilson, Cesc, Diaby etc

Cesc?!?! Now you just embarrassing yourself.

As for Diaby, never been fit long enough to make a proper judgment. Half the time totally unplayable brilliance - the other half, frustratingly inept. Looks like the the very definition of someone who just doesn't have the proper week in, week out playing time to get into a groove...always gets injured. So harsh to blame Wenger for him.

Vela - has just come off his best season in Spain - if I'm not wrong was named in the La Liga team of the season - so can't be that shit, though I think you have a point in that he suffered a combination of Wengeritis and having better players in front of him in the pecking order so was never going to get enough week in week out game time.

Dennilson: yes mainly wengeritis.

Bendy - now on him we're singing from the same hymn sheet. He was never the required quality for our club.

So all in all, it's not the guarantee you make out that a young player is always going to be a disappointment based on failures of the past.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 03:06 PM
It's not a guarantee, no and Ox has already shown more than any of the flops I mentioned so there is hope in him yet but I grow tired of waiting for young players to come good and rarely do cos that's all we've been dong the past 8 years and its failed spectacularly.

As for Daby, he's been shit for more than half the time. When he is fit, he is shit for most of the games he's payed in. Denilson as ridiculed as he was whilst here was a far better player for us.

bunsco
22-06-2013, 03:16 PM

Özil's Panoramic View
22-06-2013, 03:48 PM
As for Diaby, never been fit long enough to make a proper judgment. Half the time totally unplayable brilliant

:o

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 03:49 PM

Best post in here.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 11:10 PM
TONY ADAMS has launched a scathing attack on Arsenal — and offered to join the board to help find Arsene Wenger’s replacement.
The Gunners legend fears the club are “miles away” from winning the title.
He also insists they are ill-prepared to replace boss Wenger should he decide to leave at the end of next season.
Adams blasted: “It’s time that Arsenal won something again, even the FA Cup or League Cup. But I can’t see it, to be honest.
“They are still not good enough in certain areas of the team. And they are miles off the title.”
Adams, 46, revealed he offered to join the Arsenal board but never received a response.
And he was stunned when the club named 73-year-old Chips Keswick as chairman last week, saying the appointment lacked imagination.
The former Gunners captain added: “Chips is a great guy but not a very imaginative choice by the owner. And he is 73.
“If they just wanted a figurehead, they should have gone for me. It would have been a better visionary decision than Chips.”
Wenger, who has not won a trophy in eight years, is being tipped for the Paris Saint-Germain hotseat when his contract expires next summer.
Adams added: “They should be lining up the new manager. Chief executive Ivan Gazidis is in a tricky situation and could do with some help.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4980096/Tony-Adams-Arsenal-are-miles-off-title.html#ixzz2WzPTfJD8

He'd be better in the board than all of current members bar Usmanov.

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Adams's post playing career has been a catalogue of unremitting, relentless and total disaster.

We need him on the Board.

bunsco
23-06-2013, 01:20 AM
Best post in here.

:lol:not bad. Not bad at all

bunsco
23-06-2013, 01:22 AM
:o

OK, take that half,and half it again....then take a little bit more after that, but you see my point

Grebbo
23-06-2013, 08:20 AM
The desperation from Tony Adams is quite sad.

Great player but nothing else.

LDG
23-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Tony's back on the piss again I see.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2013, 11:10 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4980053/Tony-Adams-wanted-place-on-Arsenal-board.html

More from Tony.

Clearly loves the club

Syn
23-06-2013, 11:13 AM
He definitely does.

But so do I. I think. I'm not about to ask to be chairman. Don't think he ticks as many boxes as he thinks he does. But then again, I don't know what Sir Chips is supposed to do.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2013, 11:31 AM
New blood not blue blood.

Not that I am campaigning for Adams or anything. I mean he would have learnt how to use finances under 'Arry FFS.

Master Splinter
23-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Tony's back on the piss again I see.

When was he off it?

Master Splinter
23-06-2013, 03:33 PM
I mean he would have learnt how to use finances under 'Arry FFS.

Tbf, no other top manager has coached a top Azerbaijani team. I think that wipes out any small negative.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-06-2013, 04:35 PM
i dont see anything wrong with tony and wrighty and their honesty. its what we all think, lets face it. they are the only ones with balls big enough to say it.

they are fans at the end of the day and dont have a menacing undertone to their comments unlike mr robson who clearly has an issue.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2013, 11:57 PM
TONY ADAMS has warned Wayne Rooney that he would struggle to cope with life in London’s bright lights.
Arsenal and Chelsea are keen on the unsettled Manchester United forward but Adams fears there would be too many distractions in the capital.
Roo has regularly grabbed the headlines for the wrong reasons with his exploits off the pitch, and the spotlight on him will intensify if he makes the move south.
Adams, 46, is well-placed to talk about struggling to cope with the London lifestyle after a well-publicised battle with alcoholism during his 19-year career at Arsenal.
The Arsenal legend said: “I’m not sure Wayne Rooney could handle London, to be completely honest. That would be a massive risk.
“I don’t think it’s a question of finances. I think it’s his temperament and mentality. London is a different animal and it takes a different type of player.
Wayne is unquestionably a super player and I’d love to see him at the Arsenal. Technically he’s fantastic but I’m not sure about him mentally, off the pitch, and his professionalism.
“I know Sir Alex Ferguson has dealt with Wayne brilliantly over the last few years and I’m sure Arsene Wenger could handle him, but I’m not sure. I wouldn’t like to spend my money on Wayne.”
Another player Adams has reservations about is Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain, a £20million target for the Gunners.
Adams, who won four top-flight titles before retiring in 2002, said: “My fear is that if Real don’t want him, you are coming in under that.
“If you want to compete with Real Madrid you don’t get their cast-offs. You need the best players in the league to win the league.”
As revealed in yesterday’s SunSport, Adams has offered his help to the Arsenal board to end their eight-year trophy drought.
If Wenger fails to win silverware next season it will be a guaranteed decade without a success, with their last honour coming in the 2005 FA Cup final.
Adams reckons the key to new success is to bring massive names to the club rather than spreading the budget over lower-profile players.
He said: “The finance is there but Arsene should restructure a bit to put four or five players on top, top money, rather than a lot of players on £50,000 a week. Put a few on a hundred thousand-odd and get top players in the spine of the team.
“Arsenal have around £150million to play with on the wage bill and can work it differently to make some strong, difficult decisions.
“Instead of picking three and one might come through, pick one and say: ‘That’s our man, give him everything’. And if you keep selling your best players you don’t win anything.
“Every Arsenal supporter wants to win something after going a few years without winning.
“I don’t know if anyone else but Arsene can do that for the club — he is the best suited for me.
“The scouts are working around the world but there are other clubs with fantastic resources and it’s tougher to find these players.”
Adams repeated his offer to help Arsenal. He said: “Arsene can’t go on for ever. There will come a time they will need a new coach and maybe I can help or advise in some way.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4980792/Tony-Adams-London-lights-might-dazzle-Utds-Wayne-Rooney.html#ixzz2X5RccgN6

So we should only go for players that Real Madrid want to keep?

Syn
24-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Jens Lehmann ‏@jenslehmann (https://twitter.com/jenslehmann)21m (https://twitter.com/jenslehmann/status/349089218456338432)
Hi everybody, you can check out my new website http://www.jenslehmann.com (http://t.co/gKp4FBMVCP)

LDG
24-06-2013, 09:27 AM
When was he off it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/robborobson/adams438.jpg

Grebbo
24-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Poor old Tone is desperate to be Arsenal manager. What a disaster that would be.

LDG
24-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Poor old Tone is desperate to be Arsenal manager. What a disaster that would be.

I do think we should give him some sort of ceremonial position, as he really would be a great link between the fans and the club. The club needs someone like him to make sure the club remains as close to the fans as possible.

But there is absolutely no way he should be let anywhere near management, or board.....

Marc Overmars
24-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Wouldn't mind him in some capacity but yeah he is horrific. Tries to come across as a deep thinker but none of it washes.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Jens Lehmann ‏@jenslehmann (https://twitter.com/jenslehmann)21m (https://twitter.com/jenslehmann/status/349089218456338432)
Hi everybody, you can check out my new website http://www.jenslehmann.com (http://t.co/gKp4FBMVCP)

I've got goosebubbles.

LDG
24-06-2013, 10:17 AM

Still loading....

Letters
24-06-2013, 10:19 AM

Played in every match of the unbeaten league campaign 03/04 and was awarded the Premier League Golden Glove Award for my integral part in the ‘Invincibles’ season. After 49 games this unbeaten run ended due to a cheated penalty at Manchester United.
Playing for Arsenal was probably the most enjoyable time in football for me. The fans were so supportive that I looked forward to each game…

Jens :bow:

GP
24-06-2013, 10:22 AM
http://www.jenslehmann.com/wp-content/themes/jenslehmann/images/p_03.png

GP
24-06-2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.jenslehmann.com/wp-content/themes/jenslehmann/images/p_02.png

Özil's Panoramic View
24-06-2013, 10:26 AM
From Jens :bow: to Almunia/Sir Ches/Mannone :haha:

Arsenal. :rose:

Grebbo
24-06-2013, 10:33 AM
I do think we should give him some sort of ceremonial position, as he really would be a great link between the fans and the club. The club needs someone like him to make sure the club remains as close to the fans as possible.

But there is absolutely no way he should be let anywhere near management, or board.....

I personally wouldn't want it. He's already saying he doesn't think we should be trying to sign Higuain or Rooney. He'll just undermine the manager.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Ray Parlour insists Arsenal would not be taking a massive risk in signing Wayne Rooney and claims a move to the Emirates Stadium could boost the striker’s career.
Tony Adams has warned Arsene Wenger against making a bid for the Manchester United star, as he believes the temperamental 27-year-old would struggle to handle life in London.
But Parlour does not share his former team-mate’s concerns and wants Wenger to press ahead with a move for the England international, whose future at Old Trafford is uncertain.
“Wayne Rooney is a quality player and he is at that sort of age where he should have matured now,” the ex-Gunners midfielder told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.
“When you are young, you do things you shouldn’t have done. You just have to learn from it. I certainly did that.
“He might need a change from Manchester United. He is a fantastic player so, if there is anybody of that calibre on the market, I'm sure Arsenal must be looking for him.
“That’s where they have struggled since [Robin] van Persie left. [Olivier] Giroud did OK last season, but they definitely need more firepower.
“It might be a new challenge for him. He can go to Arsenal and become a hero if he goes there and bang in 25 goals. And I promise you they will create lots of chances for Wayne Rooney.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130624/exclusive-ray-parlour-insists-tony-adams-wrong-warn-arsenal-wayne-rooney-2002#ixzz2X9Nu23NC
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130624/exclusive-ray-parlour-insists-tony-adams-wrong-warn-arsenal-wayne-rooney-2002#jE1jlcipRYYQsu4U.99

Agree with Parlour.

Wazza needs a new challenge and what's a bigger challenge than taking a club content with not winning a trophy to winning one?

You know it's the right thing to do. Come home, Wayne.

Letters
24-06-2013, 04:16 PM
“Wayne Rooney is a quality player and he is at that sort of age where he should have matured now,

'should have' is right...

Syn
24-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Who's to say that he hasn't?

Özil's Panoramic View
24-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Agree with Parlour.

Wazza needs a new challenge and what's a bigger challenge than taking a club content with not winning a trophy to winning one?

This is why you are easily the best poster on here. I mean, I am strongly against that pungent pile of canine excrement making our patch his home, but still I can't disagree with the view you've posited here.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 04:32 PM
I don't read stories about him going out clubbing etc

He has what 2 kids now?

I'd say he's matured

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Agree with Parlour.

the risk is it might go the other way. he might become disillusioned and start trumping around the pitch sulking, like many of our players have done.

its a risk ill be willing to take though.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 04:53 PM
It's time we took risks.

We have no choice.

Letters
24-06-2013, 05:04 PM
It's time we took risks.

We have no choice.
We have no choice?! :blink:

We need to sign some quality, clearly. Would he improve our squad? Obviously. Is he the only player who would? Obviously not.
I'm somewhat warming to the idea of Rooney if only because it would show we're serious about showing some ambition this time.
It doesn't sit well with me though. All the celebrity circus around him.

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2013, 05:11 PM
To reiterate - Arsenal will not spend a quarter of a million quid a week on one player. So this whole issue is utter bullshit. And luckily for us, in this case.

If he did join I'd slag him every week and boo if he scored. Which is absolutely 100% the right thing for an Arsenal fan to do when it comes to a total **** like shrek.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 05:12 PM
We have no choice?! :blink:

We need to sign some quality, clearly. Would he improve our squad? Obviously. Is he the only player who would? Obviously not.
I'm somewhat warming to the idea of Rooney if only because it would show we're serious about showing some ambition this time.
It doesn't sit well with me though. All the celebrity circus around him.
Not really, no.

Over the years, we have bought these b-z list players every year, not taking a risk on a world class superstar.

We've always had money, we have even more now and everyone knows it so getting in b list players won't wash anymore

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 05:12 PM
To reiterate - Arsenal will not spend a quarter of a million quid a week on one player. So this whole issue is utter bullshit. And luckily for us, in this case.

If he did join I'd slag him every week and boo if he scored. Which is absolutely 100% the right thing for an Arsenal fan to do when it comes to a total **** like shrek.

Wazza the new Theo?

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Wazza the new Theo?

Even you wouldn't get a hard on for a spotty fat fuck like shrek... surely?

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't for any player tbh

But should we get Rooney however unlikely it seems, I'll look forward to someone else other than Theo proving you wrong time and time again

Letters
24-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Not really, no.

Over the years, we have bought these b-z list players every year, not taking a risk on a world class superstar.

We've always had money, we have even more now and everyone knows it so getting in b list players won't wash anymore
I'm not disagreeing with you that we need to sign quality. I could do without it being a player who I've always thought of as such a **** though.
Although I do tend to thing that about most players these days.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you that we need to sign quality. I could do without it being a player who I've always thought of as such a **** though.
Although I do tend to thing that about most players these days.

I think Rooney is a ****. If he joins us, he'll be our **** and that's the best kind of **** to be.

For example, Messi is hated by all true football fans due to his unnatural way of getting to the top of the game plus his diving and moaning and he's a far bigger **** than Rooney but would anyone say no to him?

Letters
24-06-2013, 05:28 PM
There is something to be said for him being our ****.
Cole was always a **** but when he was our **** we didn't mind.
Now he's just a ****. The ****

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't for any player tbh

But should we get Rooney however unlikely it seems, I'll look forward to someone else other than Theo proving you wrong time and time again

That bloke in the gay swimming pool scene with Theo... that was you that was.

LDG
24-06-2013, 07:36 PM
As far as I'm concerned. Whether the **** is a **** or not. We can spend 250k a week on better players than Rooney.

And if you think we can't, then you're thick as old wazza himself. And that is thicker than shit.

Xhaka Can’t
24-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I don't read stories about him going out clubbing etc

He has what 2 kids now?

I'd say he's matured

You aren't making the compelling case you think you are.

GP
24-06-2013, 07:41 PM
:haha:

Epic burn

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 07:43 PM
You aren't making the compelling case you think you are.

Why?

Cripps_orig
25-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Tony Adams praises Koscielny & Mertesacker partnership

The pair formed a strong defensive bond as the club sealed Champions League qualification on the final day of last season

Former Arsenal captain Tony Adams believes the consistent centre-back partnership between Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker could be key to the club's on-field successes.

Arsene Wenger has struggled with defensive pairings of late, with Thomas Vermaelen struggling for form and Sebastien Squillaci released at the end of last season after making just 23 Premier League appearances in three seasons at the Emirates Stadium.

However, both Koscielny and Mertsesacker came to the fore, conceding just four goals in the 10 games they started together as the season drew to a close, and Adams has backed the pair to thrive again next term.

"It's the only position where you need familiarity," Adams told the club's official website. "You need to play with your mate on a regular basis to gain confidence and I think that really worked for Arsenal defensively.

"[Wenger] left that alone and they gained confidence. It's the fact that they play regularly with each other that they've learnt [about] each other's game.

"I used to play with Steve Bould. We used to play zonal defence. Steve was a zonal defender and he knew how that system worked. Playing with Martin Keown was different. He was a man-to-man marker and when I used to play with Martin, I used to play differently alongside him.

"To keep changing that scenario is very difficult. If I was playing with Bouldy one week and then Martin the next, it would have been very difficult for me to go from one to the other.

"I think that's what really helped Koscielny and Mertesacker - that they got to know each other's game. For me, Mertesacker is a zonal defender and Koscielny is a man-to-man marker. They got to know each other's game because they played with each other week in, week out."

Koscielny's impressive displays in north London have attracted interest from Barcelona and Bayern Munich, with the centre-back expected to fetch up to €20 million if sold.

Mert was excellent throughout the season

Xhaka Can’t
25-06-2013, 10:21 PM
True, but all the interest from other clubs is for Kos.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2013, 10:28 PM
In the last 10 games, Kos was better, just.

Flavour of the month. Nothing more.

Hopefully if he's still here come the new season, he continues on the excellent form

Xhaka Can’t
25-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Here is a picture of a planet that the rest of us are on.

http://i.imgur.com/enx1iMS.gif

I tried turning it rightside up, but you get the picture.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2013, 10:40 PM
So you don't think Kos was better than Mert?

Niall_Quinn
26-06-2013, 12:37 AM
So you don't think Kos was better than Mert?

Kos and Merts are both getting to be a bit over rated. Merts is slow as fuck so he'll never, ever be a reliable defender in this huff and puff league. Kos is hot and cold, not your Bould, Adams or Keown by any stretch. But both are better than the incredible shite we've had over the last few years so that has to be classed as progress and I'll take it. They'll do. For now.

Munchies
26-06-2013, 10:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OcK5PJKpYJw

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-06-2013, 01:56 PM
get seaman in as GK coach.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Arshavin slams 'boring' Arsenal

The Russia international was allowed to leave the club on a free transfer after losing his place in the side, and has expressed his frustration with life on the substitutes bench

Zenit winger Andrey Arshavin has claimed he "nearly suffered depression" because he was so bored during his final season with Arsenal.

Arshavin became the clubs’ record signing after arriving in a €17.5 million deal from Zenit St Petersburg in 2009 but re-joined the Russian club on Thursday following the expiration of his Gunners contract.

The 32-year-old featured in just seven league games in the 2012-13 campaign and suggested it felt like "punishment" to train each week knowing a first-team place was out of reach.

"The fact is I didn’t want to stay in England, this was clear since January," Arshavin told Sport Express.

"I don’t regret anything, but I had to leave.

"It was a punishment sat on the bench. To train even though you know you won’t play – it is psychologically difficult.

"I nearly suffered depression, but I didn’t because I’m mentally strong. The monotony of life there was crushing me."

Arshavin was the highest profile name in a list of 14 players not offered new contracts at the club this summer, allowing him to officially join his former club on July 1.

Zenit are looking to regain the Russian Premier League title from rivals CSKA Moscow, who trumped them to the prize by just two points last season.

Should have played much more last season

bunsco
29-06-2013, 09:20 AM

You reckon! Sure having a player running -or even walking - around the pitch disinterested the moment the ball is not within 5 yards from his feet really would have helped the cause. He was a mistake we just have to live with.

bunsco
29-06-2013, 11:05 AM
I think Rooney is a ****. If he joins us, he'll be our **** and that's the best kind of **** to be.

For example, Messi is hated by all true football fans due to his unnatural way of getting to the top of the game plus his diving and moaning and he's a far bigger **** than Rooney but would anyone say no to him?

Come on, now your just being silly.

If you just don't like him for some irrational reason, just say so - don't start making up shit to justify it.

One of Messi's main attributes thats recognised throughout football is that he - for all the times he gets kicked around during a match - just gets up and gets on with it, no moaning or diving around, he doesn't need to - why dive when your capable of scoring over 90 goals in a calendar year - he'd probably end up with fewer goals if he did. unlike players like Bale and Neymar - the later being especially embarrassing during the ConFed tourney. You never see that with Messi.

Cripps_orig
29-06-2013, 04:50 PM
:blink:

He dives every game. I've seen him more than enough to make that claim.

bunsco
29-06-2013, 05:57 PM

He dives every game. I've seen him more than enough to make that claim.

in modern football most players dive from time to time - remember Owen v Argentina, but few go on about that one.

Not so far back Pires, Reyes and Freddie loved a tumble at the first opportunity.

All im saying is for a modern attacking flair player (in which diving unfortunately has become part of their armoury) Messi at least for a vast majority of the time his primary motivation is to ride a tackle and advance on goal - as his stats testify - there's little benefit in him wanting to cheat a free kick/pen when his almost certainly gonna score if he gets a chance.

Letters
29-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Yes. His one goal in nineteen league appearances the season before certainly make a strong case for regular first choice football.

Cripps_orig
29-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes. His one goal in nineteen league appearances the season before certainly make a strong case for regular first choice football.

Remember, coming on for 2 minutes as a sub counts as an appearance

GP
29-06-2013, 06:59 PM

Pretty much. He would have played more had he not been a lazy shite.

Ollie the Optimist
29-06-2013, 07:10 PM

he would have played more last season, if he accepted a lower pay offer from another club. he didnt, he also would have known last summer that he was not wanted here given he was sent on loan for the second half of the season before. so he stayed because he was going to get money and then he has the balls to claim he was close to depression. disgusting. good riddance to him

bunsco
29-06-2013, 08:10 PM

:gp:

Cripps_orig
30-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Arsenal need Fellaini not Rooney to win the Premier League, says Stewart Robson

The former Gunner feels the Everton midfielder could bring balance to the north Londoners and believes the Manchester United man is "on the wane"

Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson feels the Gunners should buy Marouane Fellaini and not Wayne Rooney if they are to end their trophy drought this season.

The north Londoners have not tasted glory since claiming the FA Cup in 2005 but, as exclusively revealed by Goal, have joined the scramble for the England international’s signature.

Goal understands Rooney is determined to leave the Red Devils this summer, but Robson feels he is not quite the right fit for Arsenal.

“To take Wayne Rooney, who everybody says that the problem he had with Sir Alex Ferguson was concerned with his fitness levels and how he was looking after himself, now I’m not sure that Arsene Wenger is the sort of confrontational manager who is going to pull Wayne Rooney to one side and say, I’m not happy with this I’m going to leave you out of the side because of this," he told talkSPORT.

“So I think it might be be a problem and Wayne Rooney I think, is slightly on the wane, he’s lost a yard of pace. Would he be a good player for Arsenal? Would he take them to the next level? I think he would improve them, I’m just not sure he’s the player Arsenal need to go on to become champions of Europe or champions of the Premier League."

Arsenal have already made Fellaini a contract offer after activating his release clause and Robson feels he would be a great signing and would bring balance to the Gunners.

“Arsenal need a real strong backbone in that midfield. I would go and get Fellaini if he’s available," he added.

"I’ve seen him play many different roles for Everton. I’ve seen him come to the Emirates before and play a defensive role and he’s been the outstanding player on the field. I’ve seen him go and play as an attacking midfielder and go and show good strength and win balls in the air.

"He does things simply on the ball. He’s not going to be an expansive passer but Arsenal have got those expansive players, they need to now get a balance between the creative side and the more destructive side, the more dynamic side of the game, you can't have one without the other."

Get both

Japan Shaking All Over
30-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Get both

indeed

Cripps_orig
14-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Former Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour believes manager Arsene Wenger is still the right man for the job but needs to improve the squad this summer to challenge for top honours next season.
Wenger’s future as Gunners boss was put into doubt during the last Premier League campaign, with a section of the club’s fans calling for his exit after eight trophyless seasons.
The Frenchman’s current deal expires next season, with Paris Saint-Germain touted as a possible destination following 18 years in charge in north London.
But Wenger has recently committed his future to Arsenal but announcing he is set to hold preliminary talks to extend his contract, something which Parlour believes is in the club's best interest.
“I worked under Arsene Wenger for eight years and he was absolutely fantastic,” the ex-midfielder told the Transfer Tavern. “You can look at it and think, ‘we haven’t won anything for eight or nine years’, but he's done a wonderful job.
“He’s a great manager, not just on the training field but off the pitch as well. He’s got a great sense of humour and had a laugh with the players.”
Arsenal have endured a barren run in both domestic and European competition, but despite coming to blows from the rising challenge of neighbouring foes Tottenham, the team have continued to maintain their top-four status.
But Parlour believes now is the time for change, adding that Wenger has to add quality to the side in the summer transfer window to ensure Arsenal contend for titles next season.
“The fans want to win something now, they need to start challenging Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea next season,” he said.
“They need to get back up there again. That’s Wenger’s main job now and it’s a big challenge.
“He’s got a massive summer in front of him where he needs to bring in three or four players to improve the side and maybe challenge for the title again.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130713/exclusive-%E2%80%93-ray-parlour-arsene-wenger-right-man-job-arsenal-201573#ixzz2Z0sdlhG9
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130713/exclusive-%E2%80%93-ray-parlour-arsene-wenger-right-man-job-arsenal-201573#9wVXkhiPmOUwgEQy.99

Same thing said every summer

Özil's Panoramic View
14-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Former Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour believes manager Arsene Wenger is still the right man for the job

I was done reading right there, tbh.

Özim
14-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Same thing said every summer
I like Parlour and thought he was a terrific player for us, but change the f*cking record FFS he says this all the time and what has Wenger actually done to show he's the right man?

He's the right man if you want to limit yourself to 4th place yes, but not if you value silverware.

Cripps_orig
14-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Come back Stewart Robson, all is forgiven.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Former Arsenal forward Perry Groves believes Arsenal’s interest in controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is “very curious”.
Arsenal have already had a £30m bid for the Anfield star rejected by the Merseyside club, with Liverpool previously stating that they expect to hold on to Suarez despite ongoing speculation about his future.
The north London outfit are expected to continue their pursuit of the Uruguayan along with Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain, though Reds manager Brendan Rodgers has insisted the club would not sell Suarez to the Gunners even if they upped their bid to £55m.
And Groves told talkSPORT that the striker is an unusual target for Arsene Wenger.
“The Suarez bid is very curious to me,” Groves told The Sports Bar.
“Arsene Wenger doesn’t normally target players with big egos, or players who bring trouble or baggage to the club.
“He obviously thinks all the risks are worth it with Suarez.
"But I’d be amazed if Liverpool sold Suarez to one of their main competitors.
“Brendan Rodgers is under pressure to break into the Champions League and Arsenal are their main competitors for that fourth place.
“So if he did leave the club, Liverpool fans would want him to go abroad so he doesn’t come back and hurt you.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130720/exclusive-perry-groves-arsenal%E2%80%99s-interest-luis-suarez-%E2%80%98very-curious%E2%80%99-202052#ixzz2ZhXZhH6N
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130720/exclusive-perry-groves-arsenal%E2%80%99s-interest-luis-suarez-%E2%80%98very-curious%E2%80%99-202052#8M6MAExZP3s87mpA.99

Unusual cos we have actually heard of him tbh

Özim
21-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Unusual cos we have actually heard of him tbh
This is easily explained by the fact we know we have no chance of getting him.

Niall_Quinn
21-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Why do any of these guys think one signing makes us title contenders? Five, six, seven signings maybe. One? That'll be some player we sign. Messi?

Cripps_orig
21-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I think 6 minimum

Letters
21-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Nah.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Keeper, CB, LB, DM, AM and a striker.

Some are more important than others but ultimately that is where we need strengthening quality and quantity wise

Niall_Quinn
21-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Two strikers minimum.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2013, 07:24 PM
We got Sanogo already....:haha:

Niall_Quinn
21-07-2013, 07:30 PM
We got Sanogo already....:haha:

He'll play what, 3 first team games before he's moved on?

Marc Overmars
21-07-2013, 07:31 PM

Moved on to the treatment table, yes.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2013, 07:31 PM

Not even that tbh.

Il give it a game

Niall_Quinn
21-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Or 3 games before he's moved to the long term, can't get rid of him list.

Özil's Panoramic View
21-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Keeper, CB, LB, DM, AM and a striker.

Some are more important than others but ultimately that is where we need strengthening quality and quantity wise

Said this a few weeks back and it was dismissed.

Squad has been systematically stripped of quality over the years and 1 or 2 signings won't see us competing.

Özim
21-07-2013, 08:00 PM
I always thought we needed more than 1 or 2 players, having looked at the squad in greater detail and realised it's largely sh*t I'm now sure.

Marc Overmars
21-07-2013, 08:03 PM
2, maybe 3 tops.

They need to be super, super quality though.

Niall_Quinn
21-07-2013, 08:04 PM
We needed to either retain players over the last few seasons or replace them at the rate of the 1-2 we've been losing each year. So 6-8 quality signings is what we need, which is why the vandalism of the board is so utterly destructive. We'll never recover now, not unless we have regime change. Maybe Uncle Tom will lend us one of his peace drones.

Xhaka Can’t
21-07-2013, 08:04 PM
And they must not kill Diaby.

Niall_Quinn
21-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Nobody would be fast enough to kill that bastard before he kills himself.

GP
21-07-2013, 08:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaRBHQlEu-o

Cripps_orig
25-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Frank McLintock has backed Arsenal’s move for Luis Suarez but warned Arsene Wenger he needs to make a number of top-class additions this summer if the Gunners are to end their eight-year trophy drought.
Arsenal have had two bids rejected by Liverpool for Suarez but are expected to make another offer close to the £50million mark, with the Uruguayan striker keen on a switch to the Emirates.
And, speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, McLintock said he hopes a deal for Suarez will only be the beginning of a massive spending spree by his former club.
“As a player he is absolutely fantastic," said the Arsenal legend. "I would put him in the top five or six players in the world.
"[Olivier] Giroud did reasonably well last year, considering it was his first season in the Premier League, and he scored 17 goals, but he has got no pace and you need pace up the middle.
"I think Suarez could play alongside Giroud and then you have got pace on the flanks and it could be very good. But I think you need more than that and Arsenal, hopefully, will go in for people like Marouane Fellaini and Wayne Rooney.

"I don’t know if that is too much for them but it would be lovely for the fans, who have been waiting for eight, nine years for a top player."
“Arsenal fans, including myself, get fed up when they see the best players going," he continued. "This time they have got to say, 'Right, stop now, we have got to start competing'.
"That is what they told us nine years ago, that they are going to be able to compete with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester United, etc.
"Other teams have done that, they have gone out and brought the big players on big wages, and we have come second best all the time. They have got to do it this time.
"If they don’t, I genuinely feel that Arsene Wenger and Arsenal football club will come under so much pressure next year that the fans won't stand for it any longer."

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130725/exclusive-arsenal-need-more-luis-suarez-says-frank-mclintock-202362#ixzz2a3776bp6
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130725/exclusive-arsenal-need-more-luis-suarez-says-frank-mclintock-202362#LHccExa4zq4dvMuU.99

He must be rolling in his grave seeing what has become of our club

Master Splinter
25-07-2013, 09:15 PM
He must be rolling in his grave seeing what has become of our club

He's not dead.

:Charlie:

(Where's Charlie gone? :()

Cripps_orig
28-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Ray Parlour is urging Arsene Wenger to spend big in the closing weeks of the transfer window.
Arsenal have reportedly got between £70-£100m to splash out on new players, but have so far not made any significant additions to the squad.
They have made a £40m bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, and Parlour is desperate to see some new blood at the Emirates.
Suarez would be a brilliant addition and would really improve the team
— Ray Parlour
He told Sunday Exclusive: “The board have said they’ve got money to spend so if I was Arsenal Wenger I’d say, ‘right, I’ll go out and spend £100m and have a right go this season’ and the fans would respect him for that.
“Why doesn’t he go out and buy Suarez for £50m? That would be such a boost for Arsenal’s fans.”
Liverpool are apparently holding out for that £50m for Uruguay star Suarez, and Parlour would love to see Wenger agree to pay that club record fee.
“There’s no doubt Arsenal need signings,” he added. “If they want to put pressure on the likes of Man United, Man City and Chelsea, they need to bring in players and Suarez would be a brilliant addition and would really improve the team.
“If Suarez says he wants to leave [Liverpool] it’s going to be hard to keep him because that can upset the dressing room sometimes. The other players will know he wants to leave and that can be a nightmare for managers.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130728/exclusive-ray-parlour-urges-arsene-wenger-splash-out-stars-luis-suarez-202570#ixzz2aMwUw6jN
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130728/exclusive-ray-parlour-urges-arsene-wenger-splash-out-stars-luis-suarez-202570#8rvGHio4sh70J7yw.99

Finally something Parlour says I can agree with

LDG
01-08-2013, 02:19 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/legendary-england-defender-broke-drunk-homeless-095305274.html

:(

PGFC
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Another Gazza in the making, sad but :shrug: I lost most of the little amount of sympathy I had when he said he was drinking 7 bottles of Mateus Rose a day, Mateus Rose? the ****.

Power n Glory
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
He made his choice.

Cripps_orig
03-08-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/video-eboue-sings-about-arsenal-return

Eboue :bow:

Cripps_orig
04-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Ex-Arsenal star John Jensen has told talkSPORT that Arsene Wenger could leave the club at the end of this season if he fails to win a trophy.
The Gunners haven’t won any silverware since they lifted the FA Cup in 2005 following a penalty shootout victory over Manchester United at the Millenium Stadium.
With the club yet to sign any players, other than French under-21 international Yaya Sanogo, the Emirates faithful could face another potless campaign.
So Jensen has urged Wenger to go out and spend big on a couple of new additions who could turn them into Premier League title challengers.
He told the Transfer Tavern: “I’m quite sure Arsenal will be patient with Wenger but if they don’t get a [trophy] it could be the end of him. I don’t think they’re going to sack him but if he wants to stop it’s up to him.
“I think it’s very important that Arsenal spend a lot of money. It’s very important for Arsene Wenger to finish on a high [if he were to leave at the end of the season].
“The start of the season is very important. If he goes out and buys some quality players I’m quite sure Arsenal can be challenging for the title.
“The team they have right now has young players that have been together for about three or four years and he has not sold any players so far this summer.
“If he can stick with that and buy a couple of players I’m quite sure they’ll be in the top three.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130804/exclusive-john-jensen-arsene-wenger-could-leave-arsenal-end-season-203033#ixzz2b2yiBQKe
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130804/exclusive-john-jensen-arsene-wenger-could-leave-arsenal-end-season-203033#7mJhu6mzDo0kjOOD.99

Another player telling Wenger how it should be done

Xhaka Can’t
04-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Anyone can talk about how it's done.

It's doing it that is the hard bit.

Cripps_orig
07-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Stewart Robson believes signing Luis Suarez would make Arsenal Premier League title contenders.
The Reds striker has made no secret of his desire to leave Anfield this summer and has claimed the Merseyside club went back on a promise to sell him should they fail to qualify for the Champions League last season.
The Gunners have already seen two bids rejected for the Uruguayan striker, who is expected to hand in a transfer request, and Robson believes, should Arsene Wenger’s side offer around £50m, they could land the ex-Ajax man.
“If you want to buy a player then you have to pay what he’s worth,” the former Arsenal star told Hawksbee and Jacobs. “In this case it’s going to be around £50m.
“Arsenal know that he can’t play at the start of the season, they don’t need to rush the situation, but they’ll still have to pay around £50m.
“They still need to improve the defensive side of the game, by buying a defensive midfield player. Just by buying Suarez won’t make them title winners but it might make them title contenders.”

But Robson added that, while he admires the striker’s playing ability, he’s unsure whether the problems that follow Suarez are worth putting up with.
“Purely looking at it in a football perspective, he’s a fantastic player and he’s been outstanding for Uruguay and Liverpool,” he said.
“He’s got good movement and can do things that other forwards can’t do. He can go past people, does the unexpected in the box, can link up with other players and he’s got great movement.
“All those things suggest that he would Arsenal a much better side and title challengers. But there’s the other side of him that you don’t like the look of.
“He’s been banned for biting people and for saying racist comments. Do you want to take a player to your club that’s got that sort of history?”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130807/exclusive-stewart-robson-luis-suarez-would-make-arsenal-titl#ixzz2bJ3Q6eDZ
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130807/exclusive-stewart-robson-luis-suarez-would-make-arsenal-titl#uffSUVCV4m9uYDZM.99

Something positive from Robson

Cripps_orig
09-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Nigel Winterburn has told talkSPORT that Arsenal must be cautious if they sign Luis Suarez.

The Liverpool striker has been very public about his intention to leave the Reds this summer, despite the club’s reputation being muddied by some of his controversial actions.

And Winterburn believes the Gunners must realise he could treat the north London side with the same contempt if they fail to challenge for silverware.

He told Kick Off: “I would be absolutely delighted and excited to see Luis Suarez the player in Arsenal shirt. There is no doubt about that.

“But if he was to come to us and then two or three years down the line did the same thing to Arsenal you would have to hold your hands up say look, ‘he’s done it before’.

“You have to expect and accept that he may do it to Arsenal.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/winterburn-why-arsenal-should-be-wary-about-signing-suarez-13080954940#4DPdmWgSkgMJvFDr.99

We'll worry about that when/if it comes to it. Lets get him home first

Cripps_orig
14-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Arsenal legend Bob Wilson says that while the Gunners have 'the perfect balance' of experience and youth in their squad, they require one marquee signing to push them towards a Premier League title challenge.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has come in for heavy criticism from Arsenal fans and beyond for a perceived inability to act quickly and decisively in the transfer market so far this summer.

Missing out on the signature of then-Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli has built the pressure on Wenger to deliver in the market as other clubs strenghten.

The addition of 20-year-old French striker Yaya Sanogo on a Bosman deal represents Arsenal's only purchase so far, and while they continue the chase for Liverpool's wantaway striker Luis Suarez and Bayern Munich's Brazilian international Luis Gustavo, many feel their squad could struggle for a top-four place this season.

Former Arsenal keeper Wilson disagrees however, and believes that the Gunners are just 'one marquee signing' away from challenging not only for the top-four, but the Premier League title.

"There are only certain clubs who can win it. I wouldn't put Arsenal top of my list, but they do have a really, really good squad at the moment," Wilson told Sky Sports News Radio.

"They have the perfect balance of experience and youth. If you look at (Thomas) Vermaelen, (Per) Mertesacker, (Lukas) Podolski, (Mikel) Arteta, (Santi) Cazorla, (Tomas) Rosicky, (Nacho) Monreal, that's experience.

"Then you've got the youth: all the international youngsters in the form of (Theo) Walcott, (Jack) Wilshere, (Alex) Oxlade-Chamberlain, (Carl) Jenkinson, (Kieran) Gibbs and (Aaron) Ramsey.

"What I would love to see - and what I believe every Arsenal fan would love to see - is one marquee signing this summer which would put us very close to challenging."

Poor Bob

Cripps_orig
14-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown believes the club's pursuit of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez should offer hope to their supporters.

Arsenal have made two bids for the controversial Uruguay international, the latest one for £40m+£1, although they are running out of time to secure a deal before the transfer window closes.

But even if Arsene Wenger does not manage to bring Suarez to The Emirates, Keown is convinced the Frenchman's willingness to spend money in the transfer market is a step in the right direction.

"It was a demonstration to Arsenal fans," said Keown.

"The club were saying 'We have £40m there. We have tried to buy someone else's best player for a change'. It has shown how serious Arsenal are about spending money.

"In the past, Arsene has nurtured them, then lost them just when they are at their best, as was the case with Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie.

"Now he needs to go out and buy an obvious talent, someone who is going to hit the ground running, and they don't come cheap.

"Fair play to Liverpool for hanging on to Suarez but Arsenal still need to buy two or three players. If they do, I think there is a real chance."

Keown highlighted the impact made by Dennis Bergkamp when he joined Arsenal in 1995 and believes a high-profile signing before the transfer window closes on 2 September would provide a huge boost.

"Arsenal won 10 and drew two of their final 12 games last season. That was championship form," added Keown.

"I just feel if you are in the camp, you need a new signing, someone who makes you believe you are going in the right direction.

"It happened for us with Dennis Bergkamp. People asked why we were signing him.

"They didn't think he was going to be there for long but he ended up being one of the most successful overseas players ever to play in the Premier League.

"Maybe someone else can come in and do the same thing."

Keown has been brainwashed

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2013, 12:16 AM

This is almost the precise script I expected. Keown has been fed that directly from the club, I'd put money on it.

Özim
15-08-2013, 12:33 AM
:lol: I predicted this!

LDG
15-08-2013, 05:29 AM
They'll wheel out Parlour and Winterburn next to say the same things.

Arsenal PR. Alive and kicking.

Who was that bird they used to get to sing to the troops during the war?

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2013, 10:39 AM

Tweety Pie?

GP
15-08-2013, 10:40 AM

Madonna?

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2013, 10:41 AM

Lauren Harries?

LDG
15-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Madonna?

:sick:

LDG
15-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Lauren Harries?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/_40767996_james203other-thumb.jpg

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/_40767996_james203other-thumb.jpg

Just to be clear on this - that is NOT me!

LDG
15-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Just to be clear on this - that is NOT me!

Yeah, we know. That's old you.

This is you now.

http://www.transfilms.net/films_l/pics/faunt2.jpg

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah, we know. That's old you.

This is you now.

http://www.transfilms.net/films_l/pics/faunt2.jpg

No, that's you that is.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Former Arsenal midfielder Paul Davis says the Gunners should forget about any new contract for Arsene Wenger and focus on strengthening the club's squad.

Speaking to the Weekend Sports Breakfast on talkSPORT, Davis was asked for his thoughts on comments made by Arsenal Supporters' Trust spokesperson Tim Payton, who had suggested Wenger contract talks are on the table at the Emirates Stadium.

“Arsene Wenger is under the spotlight now and I don’t think really it is the time for talking about renewing his contract," said Davis, who won seven major trophies during a 15-year career in the Arsenal first team.

"It’s about time for [Wenger] strengthening the squad and getting the team back up there, where all Arsenal fans want them to be, challenging for first spot, not fourth spot."

As a regular at Arsenal matches, the former Gunners star appreciates why discontent is growing in the Emirates stands. "I can totally understand the frustration of the fans," he revealed. "I’m a fan myself, I was there yesterday [at the Aston Villa game] and go to all the home games, so I can feel the frustration building up over time.

"This has been going on over the last five or six summers, no major signings have come into the club. Everyone can see that is what's needed, but the club haven’t gone ahead and done that.

"What’s disappointed the fans is that towards the end of each season the club have said we’re going to buy major signings, so people go away in the summer, thinking, ‘Yeah, we’ll renew our season tickets, this is what’s going to happen,’ and again nothing happens."

Despite the lack of signings this summer and defeat to Aston Villa in their opening game, Davis believes Wenger is still capable of turning things round. "Wenger has been a fantastic manager," Davis told talkSPORT. "He’s still got the qualities there to be a good manager, he just needs to go out and get the players that he needs to strengthen that squad. He’s missed out on players they should have bought."

According to Davis, the blame doesn't lie totally at Wenger's door. "David Dein has been a big loss. I'm not quite sure who is doing the negotiations now at the club, whether it's Arsene Wenger or Gazidis behind the scenes, but whoever's doing it is clearly not negotiating in the right place, because we're losing players, we're not getting players in and it's worrying.

"If Arsene Wenger is being asked to do all that, as well as run the team, we really do need to look at the negotiation system at the club."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-davis-wants-arsenal-signings-not-wenger-contract-talk-13081856131#Jgy7cKR4AjpGHqJ7.99
Imagine the reaction of the fans if Wenger signed a new contract....

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 11:47 AM
He won't. There's no way they can think they can stretch their policies out for another 4 years, Kroenke is surely looking to get out way ahead of that so he won't need Wenger any more.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Live on talkSPORT
Terry Neill says Arsenal need to buy the spine of a team – but fears it will cost them millions of pounds to remedy their current problems.

The former Gunners manager also revealed on Drivetime how he tipped the club off about a top Premier League defensive midfielder, when the player was available at cut-price, but his advice was ignored.

Arsenal are in disarray following their failure to sign any major targets in the summer transfer window, and the fans turned on Arsene Wenger and his team following Saturday’s 3-1 home defeat to Aston Villa.

And Neill believes their cautious approach to recruitment will now end up costing them money rather than saving it.

He told Drivetime: “We are short of players, but because they’ve not signed anyone at the start of the window, the prices will be hyped up for panic buys at the end of it.

“It’s not an impossible situation [for Wenger] but when you’re at the sharp end you have to do things to placate the supporters.

“If it had cost an extra couple of million to get players in at the start of the transfer window that would have saved them millions at the end of it because now clubs know they are desperate so they hype up the prices and that doesn’t make economic sense.”

The side’s frailties were there for all to see against Villa at the weekend and Neill claims Wenger needs to sort out the backbone of his side.

“They need the spine of a team,” he added. “The goalkeeper Cesar would be the first name you put on your team-sheet. That was one of the reasons I worked so hard to get Pat Jennings from Tottenham, because top goalkeepers scare teams.

“They could have got Williams, the centre-back from Swansea, for £12m. Now he will cost lot more. And I did tell the Arsenal people four of five years ago about Victor Wanyama. They said ‘thanks Terry, but no thanks’. He would have cost two goalposts and a bag of balls but now he’s gone to Southampton for £12m, and he’s a superb defensive midfield player. So they need the spine of a team.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/arsenal-could-have-signed-top-defensive-midfielder-peanuts-says-ex-boss-13081956326#Yr6sHTOJDOJcJSLl.99

Terry Neil as our next manager

Özim
19-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Terry Neil as our next manager

Don't you just wish they said no to Wenger for once.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 07:21 PM
David O’Leary is confident Arsene Wenger will not be ‘kidded’ by Arsenal’s impressive display against Fenerbahce and will spend big before the transfer window closes.

The Gunners all but secured a place in the Champions League proper with a 3-0 victory over the Turkish side in Istanbul on Wednesday night, in the first leg of their play-off clash.

That has eased the pressure on Wenger, who has come under-fire for failing to stengthen his squad in the close season, but O’Leary has dismissed concerns the Frenchman may now decide against making major additions.

“He knows he has got to buy players,” the former Arsenal star said, speaking on the Colin Murray show.

“He’s a winner and behind the scenes he will be hurting big time. I never thought I’d see Arsenal go eight years without winning anything. That has amazed me a great deal.

“Arsene himself is a winner. He wants to win things. They were celebrating after the Newcastle match last season [when they secured a Champions League place] but he wants more out of Arsenal than that.

“I think he knows he has to buy players. I thought they would do well last night. I didn't think they would win 3-0, but I definitely thought they wouldn't get beat and would go through this tie. But he won't be kidded by that.

“I am sure he has seen what Chelsea have done over the weekend and what Manchester City and Manchester United have done and if he is going to challenge those teams again he knows he has got to bring in quality players.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-wenger-wont-be-fooled-fenerbahce-display-insists-o%E2%80%99leary-13082256733#5ihWxeRKJoLolijd.99

Wenger isn't a winner. A winner doesn't go 8 years without winning a thing. A winner would not accept the boards demands of no trophies and only 4th place.

Özim
22-08-2013, 07:45 PM
O'Leary is a muppet, I can't stand him, when he was at Leeds he was unbearable and for a player who played so many games for Arsenal seem to show no love for the club.

Grebbo
22-08-2013, 08:04 PM
“And I did tell the Arsenal people four of five years ago about Victor Wanyama. They said ‘thanks Terry, but no thanks’. He would have cost two goalposts and a bag of balls but now he’s gone to Southampton for £12m, and he’s a superb defensive midfield player. So they need the spine of a team.”

Two goalposts and a bag of balls was a bag of balls more than our offer.

GP
22-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Two goalposts and a bag of balls was a bag of balls more than our offer.

It's funny because Wanyama IS a bag of balls.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Stewart Robson has told Arsene Wenger to stop worrying about upsetting his current squad and start making major signings.

The Arsenal boss is yet to splash any cash this summer and Robson says reinforcements are desperately needed, despite back-to-back wins over Fenerbahce and Fulham.

“They have to spend some money and make the squad stronger," the former Gunners star said, speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.

"The worry with Arsene Wenger is when he was talking about the goalkeeper recently he said he didn't want to upset Wojciech Szczesny, he didn't want to ruin his confidence by bringing in another goalkeeper.

"If the goalkeeper in his view isn’t good enough at the moment, he has to get another goalkeeper in, likewise with a defender, likewise with a midfielder, likewise with a front player. You can't worry about upsetting the players you have."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/robson-wants-wenger-be-more-ruthless-13082757387#CgSC8mPJ1JrmQizd.99

Speaks sense

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Arsenal flop Gervinho admits he is relieved to have ended his hell in north London.

The Ivorian suffered dips in form and failed to make an impact at Arsenal following his £10.8m move from Lille in 2011.

He sealed a switch to Roma earlier this summer to play under his former coach in France Rudi Garcia and says he will prosper under him.

The £8m man said: "It was a real pleasure for me playing for Arsenal, but after two years of ups and downs it was time for a change.

"Roma is a great team with a great coach. I had no hesitation in accepting their offer.

"I have always had a good relationship with Garcia - he has always given me confidence, and was the first to deploy me on the wing.

"I want to show I can contribute to this team. I am not in top condition at the moment, but Garcia knows me well and knows that I still have some work to do to get fit."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/gervinho-admits-he-was-happy-leave-arsenal-13082857569#BB0UdQ5vpUFP1oDj.99

Still can't believe we had someone like him play for us

Özim
28-08-2013, 11:26 PM
I can, he fit the bill perfectly for Wenger, a nobody from the French league.

Penguin
29-08-2013, 07:45 AM
He wasn't that bad tbf.

He's been very complimentary towards arsenal in his interviews too. Best of luck at Roma!

Letters
29-08-2013, 08:20 AM
He was that bad tbh

LDG
29-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Great writing from Talksport there.

Arsenal flop Gervinho admits he is relieved to have ended his hell in north London

Followed by Gervinho saying

"It was a real pleasure for me playing for Arsenal"

GP
29-08-2013, 08:41 AM
I know, it's a really poor article.

And he wasn't that bad. He was just infected with 'Walcott-itis'

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2013, 08:42 AM
In the immortal words of Bon Scott, 'hell ain't a bad place to be'.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Gervinho was shit.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2013, 08:59 AM
From that Lille title winning side, we got Gervinho. Chelsea got Hazard.

Says it all

Özim
29-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Great writing from Talksport there.

Followed by Gervinho saying

Yeah I mean noone called him flop did they, they called him forehead, plus North London isn't hell, not all of it anyway :lol:

LDG
29-08-2013, 09:50 AM

Özim
29-08-2013, 10:02 AM
:unsure:

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2013, 10:05 AM
:flash:

GP
29-08-2013, 10:22 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/laughter.gif

Cripps_orig
30-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Adams: Arsenal wasting their time with a marquee striker

The former Gunners captain believes Arsene Wenger would be wrong to pursue a new forward as defensive worries - not goals - are the north London's side biggest problem

Former Arsenal captain Tony Adams believes Arsene Wenger should prioritise signing a new defender over buying another striker before the transfer window closes on Monday.

The Gunners have been involved in failed pursuits of both Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain this summer, but Adams believes Wenger would be wrong to bring in a big-name forward as he thinks defensive worries are the biggest problem within the current squad.

"This team is so gung-ho and they are so open that the balance is not right," Adams told reporters.

"They are too susceptible to the counter-attack and they never look like keeping a clean sheet.

"It’s so scary; I sit there holding my breath every week. So to try to shell out £40m on Suarez or Wayne Rooney would be money badly spent on yet another player who can open doors in the attacking third while the back door remains wide open.

"Arsenal have not got a problem scoring goals because Giroud scored 17 last season, they have got the pace of Theo [Walcott], Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, [Jack] Wilshere, [Aaron] Ramsey. They can score from all over the pitch.

"They need someone to lock it up when it breaks down and I would be scouring Europe for the next Gilberto [Silva].

"I must have been the only person in the country doing somersaults watching Manchester United and Chelsea keeping clean sheets the other night – two fantastic, organised, solid sides giving nothing away.

"That wasn’t a boring game for me, because I was wishing Arsenal could do that more often."

Wenger's side host Tottenham on Sunday and Adams believes the north London derby will provide a difficult test for the Gunners – especially in light of Spurs’ heavy summer expenditure.

He added: "There’s not going to be a lot in it on Sunday. Tottenham have spent a lot of money, they have got better and Arsenal have not been challenging for trophies, while too many big players have walked out of the door, which has been galling for the supporters.

"Tottenham have come back to Arsenal in recent years and north London derbies have certainly changed a lot since my first one, when Stewart Robson kicked Glenn Hoddle all over the pitch and we could have a good fight."

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Get a striker and a defender

Cripps_orig
30-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Frank McLintock insists Arsenal’s failed pursuit of Luis Suarez this summer has been a ‘disaster’ for his old club.

The Gunners attempted to sign the Liverpool striker by offering a fee of £40m plus one pound, a bid they believed triggered a clause in the Uruguayan’s contract allowing them to speak to him.

Liverpool denied that clause ever existed, and the move came to nothing. But McLintock believes that saga derailed all of Arsenal’s transfer plans.

He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “The Suarez deal did us in. We spent ages trying to do that deal but it looks like they had the wrong information.

“Suarez is not the best person in the world, but he’s a fantastic player. But how can a club like Arsenal get their facts so wrong?

“They spent half the transfer window trying to get him and it’s been a bit of a disaster. I’m just hoping they might get in some really good players [before the window closes] because we need them.

“We badly need a centre-forward because we’ve only got [Olivier] Giroud. [Lukas] Podolski can sometimes play there, but he doesn’t look happy when he does. Theo Walcott can play through the middle, and Nicklas Bendtner is still on the books but he has said he doesn’t want to play for Arsenal again.

“So if Giroud gets injured we’ve got no-one. It will be disastrous for a club like Arsenal if we don’t get another centre-forward.

“We’ve got a good squad, but not a great squad. That’s why we’ve finished fourth for the past two years.

“Unfortunately for [Arsene] Wenger, when he has spent big money, they’ve all been flops, by and large, and maybe he’s a bit scared of going in and buying big.

“Man United bought Robin van Persie for £24m last summer. I don’t think Arsenal would have bought a player of that age for that much, but he’s repaid that four or five times.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-mclintock-insists-failed-suarez-bid-was-disaster-arsenal-13083057813#jkW5mLTPA2PX0IUB.99

Exactly what robson has said

Cripps_orig
03-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Ray Parlour has hailed Arsenal’s signing of Mesut Ozil but fears the club’s failure to land a striker could prove costly.

The Gunners captured Ozil from Real Madrid in a club record £42million deal on deadline day and also landed Palermo goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano on a season-long loan.

Parlour has welcomed the new arrivals, although he reckons quality cover for in-form frontman Olivier Giroud is still badly needed.

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, the former Arsenal star said: “It is going to be exciting now with Jack Wilshere, [Santi] Cazorla, [Theo] Walcott, [Lukas] Podolski, when is he fit, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ozil now.

“The only problem I’m worried about is the forward line. Giroud was excellent at the weekend. I thought he played ever so well against Tottenham. He got the goal, really held the ball up well and he was a battering ram at times, but can he stay fit?

“If he does get a niggle or get injured, then the next player that can play up there really is Walcott. Podolski is out for ten weeks. That’s the only position [I was worried about].

“If he [Giroud] does get injured, they are going to be a little bit light up top. That was one where I thought, they got in Ozil, fantastic, but could they get a striker in as well?”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-parlour-rues-arsenals-failure-land-new-striker-13090358398#BwPSJmxAUk7qFGe4.99

What we are all thinking.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Ozil was Madrid's best player after Ronaldo, says Fabregas

The Spain international has voiced his admiration for the new Arsenal star and has once more stressed that he has no plans to leave Barcelona

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas says new Arsenal signing Mesut Ozil was Real Madrid's best player after Cristiano Ronaldo and is surprised at los Blancos' decision to sell the Germany international.

The attacking midfielder left Madrid for the Gunners on deadline day of the summer transfer window for a transfer fee believed to be in the region of €50 million.

And Fabregas insists Ozil will prove to be a fine addition for his former team.

"Ozil was the second-best player at Real Madrid behind Cristiano Ronaldo," Fabregas told COPE.

"I could identify with him really well as we have a similar style of play. He's an amazing signing for Arsenal."

The midfielder then went on to stress that he has no intention of leaving Barcelona in the foreseeable future after rejecting a move to Manchester United earlier this summer.

"I enjoy a difficult challenge and succeeding at Barcelona is perhaps the toughest challenge there is. I hope to retire here. Leaving Barca has never been in my head," he added.

"I knew that there were clubs where I could earn more money when I joined Barcelona, but returning here was my dream.

"I made more money at Arsenal than now at Barca. I will not even leave if I could earn twice as much somewhere else."

Fabregas, 26, has a contract with Barcelona until June 2016.

Ozil is 10 times the player you are/were you cunt.

Also good to see he doesn't want to leave Barca. Puts an end to the nightmare scenario of him coming here which no gooner wants

Cripps_orig
08-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Gervinho slams Wenger tactics

The forward believes he would've been a success at the Emirates had he operated in his preferred role

Gervinho has slammed Arsene Wenger for playing him out of position throughout his two years at Arsenal. The Ivorian left the Emirates Stadium to join Roma in an €8 million deal last month, after scoring just 11 goals in 63 appearances in what proved to be a disappointing stint in the Premier League. Gervinho - who joined Arsenal from Lille in 2011 - is hoping to resurrect his career at the Stadio Olimpico, but has been quick to stress that he could have performed better for Wenger's side if the Frenchman had deployed him as a central striker. "I was not getting much time on the pitch and was in need of this time to improve and play my best football," the 26-year-old told The Sun. "Wenger was not prepared to give it to me. Also my position on the wing was not what I was expecting and I wasn't happy with it. "It would have helped had he (Wenger) shown more confidence in me." Gervinho signed for Arsenal after impressing with his displays for Lille, with whom he won the Ligue 1 title and the Coupe de France in the 2010-11 season.

Wenger :doh:

JonasTC
08-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Wenger didnt kill Gervinho, Gervinho not being able too hit the goal, killed Gervinho. He's doing the same at Roma already, so no need to bash Wenger on this one :)

Marc Overmars
08-09-2013, 04:10 PM
He might have a point of playing through the centre if his finishing was half decent, but it wasn't.

He's pure shit.

Kano
09-09-2013, 08:44 AM
stabbed right in the spine by an ungratefully shit footballer.

will wenger ever learn his lesson about being over loyal and defending these pricks from the baying crowd? some people just deserve to be hung.

Power n Glory
09-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Isn't he playing the same position for Roma?

He got games up front and stunk up the place. He can't finish and his shooting technique is bloody poor. Scuffs the ball all the time. He can't blame Wenger.

Penguin
09-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Gervinho :bow:

Niall_Quinn
09-09-2013, 09:54 AM
It's a sad business but let's not lose sight of the real victims in this - the poor Roma fans :rose: