PDA

View Full Version : cesc fabregas - sign him or not?

Ollie the Optimist
15-07-2013, 01:49 PM
simple poll, cesc fabreagas, yes or no?

think we can justify a thread on him too given the amount of rumours flying around about him.

GP
15-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Obviously, yes.

Cripps_orig
15-07-2013, 02:00 PM
No

LDG
15-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes

Özim
15-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Can we stop this pipedream BS please, this is never going to happen, he's gone and is never coming back.

Cripps_orig
15-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Can we stop this pipedream BS please, this is never going to happen, he's gone and is never coming back.

That is the dream

Ollie the Optimist
15-07-2013, 02:05 PM

do you ever see the positives in anything?

Kano
15-07-2013, 02:05 PM
yes. play just behind rooney and suarez and that jovetic speng can sit it out on the bench.

Özim
15-07-2013, 02:09 PM
do you ever see the positives in anything?
What's that go to do with anything.

This isn't about being positive or negative, it's about total BS vs reality.

Özil's Panoramic View
15-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Pointless thread.

He's never coming back here.

Özim
15-07-2013, 02:10 PM
yes. play just behind rooney and suarez and that jovetic speng can sit it out on the bench.
But where will Higuain play, on the wing next to Fellaini?

Good thing we'll have Cesar to keep the goals out as we'll lack some defensive stability with those guys all in the team.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Only if Hiddink allows it.

GP
15-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Cesc will never go to Barca

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-07-2013, 02:56 PM
then what do we do with aneke?

north bank nutter
15-07-2013, 04:27 PM
No

Only a a fuckwit like you could say no. So we effectively give manure another player to help them strengthen their squad and possibly win the league again thanks to an ex arsenal player.

Cripps_orig
15-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Only I could say no?

yet there are 5 no votes.

damn I must have some power for one vote to equal five

Or you're a bit of an idiot.

you decide my friend

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-07-2013, 04:32 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/531864/popcorn-o.gif

Master Splinter
15-07-2013, 04:32 PM
We do need another striker to play alongside Suarez.

Boss
15-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Obviously, yes.

Should sign him just to make sure United don't if he really wants to leave.

Oh and he'd strengthen our team ofc.

Cripps_orig
15-07-2013, 04:58 PM
We do need another striker to play alongside Suarez.

There is that.

Özil's Panoramic View
15-07-2013, 05:07 PM
You can't sign someone who doesn't want to be signed. He fancies himself one day being the main man at Barca and ultimately Spain - though everyone, barring him, knows that won't ever happen, as he's simply not good enough. :Letters: :bow: One thing he knows, though, is that a step down back to us and this dream of his vanishes.

Niall_Quinn
15-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Yes or no. Why not? Maybe so.

fakeyank
15-07-2013, 07:25 PM
We should be little bit in the signing zone for Cesc

Injury Time
15-07-2013, 09:29 PM
No, let Manure buy him, we can make some profit from this you morans, it's not as if we're in the same league as them!

Japan Shaking All Over
15-07-2013, 09:41 PM
yes.....why? not telling

-Xs-
15-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Considering we apparently got 25 mil upfront for him, we should match this bid. We wont, but we should. Would be pretty pissed off if he went UTD due to our continued mismanagement of transfers, though kinda resigned to it now.

Penguin
16-07-2013, 06:08 AM
We can't afford him.

£10million of our transfer went into Peter Hillwood's back pocket so we can only go up to £15mil. :rose:

north bank nutter
16-07-2013, 06:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfedR3WUOok

9 mins in, what cesc says is black and white. If we don't sign him, you might as well give the title to manure. I don't see the point in a first refusal clause if we are not going to exercise it. So manure offer 35m and we get half that, then what, it will only go into the yanks pockets.

Cripps, explain to me why we wouldnt want to resign fabregas, hes not injury prone like jack, and has quite a few years left at the top. Signing him would galvanise the squad, he is a born leader and our team is with the exception of jack lacking in that department.

Letters
16-07-2013, 07:37 AM
I don't think he's a born leader, he wasn't a great captain IMO, but I agree with the rest of your post.

north bank nutter
16-07-2013, 07:39 AM
I don't think he's a born leader, he wasn't a great captain IMO, but I agree with the rest of your post.

Allright letters, perhaps not a born leader and adams/vieira etc is a hard act to follow,but he is definitely an inspirational captain. The bloke is 26 in his prime, why is he good enough for manure and not for us. The mind boggles.

Niall_Quinn
16-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Cesc has been tarnished by association. He grew up with us and then reached his productive years as the greedy bastards at the top of the club went on a vandalism spree. Now he represents the only chance we have of getting a quality midfielder given we won't pay the transfer fees and wages that other clubs accept. Everyone raves about Mata but Cesc is every bit as good, if not better. Mata probably wouldn't get in the Barca side either, he'd already be playing there if they wanted him.

It's not just about football at Barca anyway, lots of politics there and untouchable players, Now they are paying the price as an adaptable team like Bayern whips their arses. Cesc not being a huge hit at Barca is only partially a reflection on himself. If he wants to leave, and I don't recall seeing anything from the player that suggests it, of course we should be trying to bring him back. Makes sense financially and makes sense in terms of football. That's why we probably won't do it, because it would be good for the club as a whole rather than just good for the few who are raping the club.

Syn
16-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Cesc's only fault is that he has been infected with Arsenal DNA, says NQ. Nevertheless the 40 year old has-been has spoken of his desire to see Cesc Fabregas back in Arsenal colours, claiming "he's just as good, if not better" as Chelsea's Spanish maestro Juan Mata.

Power n Glory
16-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Allright letters, perhaps not a born leader and adams/vieira etc is a hard act to follow,but he is definitely an inspirational captain. The bloke is 26 in his prime, why is he good enough for manure and not for us. The mind boggles.

I think Cesc and RVP were good captains. Better than Verms, Gallas and even Henry. Not great captains but that's probably down to the fact that they never led us to silverware.

LDG
16-07-2013, 11:38 AM
The Syn :bow:

Best paper out there.

Niall_Quinn
16-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Cesc's only fault is that he has been infected with Arsenal DNA, says NQ. Nevertheless the 40 year old has-been has spoken of his desire to see Cesc Fabregas back in Arsenal colours, claiming "he's just as good, if not better" as Chelsea's Spanish maestro Juan Mata.

40 :patrice:

LDG
16-07-2013, 12:07 PM
...and now Barca say Thethk is "not transferrable"...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10181738/Manchester-United-told-Barcelona-midfielder-Cesc-Fabregas-is-not-available-to-buy.html

Syn
16-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Fair enough I didn't have high hopes with that one.

But we absolutely must snare a big name **** in the next few weeks or we're going to roast wumget. Rooney, Higuain, Suarez + plus midfielder at least as good as Fellaini. If that doesn't happen, it gon get ugly. It's a shame we don't have letters representing us in the stands any more to show our disgust. London :lol: awful expensive shithole.

Syn
16-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Move up north. It's much better.

Niall_Quinn
16-07-2013, 01:41 PM
“Whoever says that I’m leaving doesn’t know me and has never spoken with me. Nor with my agent, because he knows that I don’t want him to talk with other people about me. I’m very private and I don’t even talk about these things with my family. If someone says anything that isn’t that I want to play at Barca, it’s completely absurd.”

This will have the Sun buzzing - "Cesc in Come and Get Me Plea to Utd!"

Lord Nelson
16-07-2013, 07:41 PM
simple poll, cesc fabreagas, yes or no?

think we can justify a thread on him too given the amount of rumours flying around about him.
Of course sign him!!! However, why would he come back to a small club like ours?? The **** could not wait to get back to those fuckers at Barca!

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 09:15 PM
wenger on the cesc situation today "he wants to stay one more year in barca, but if he does go, we have to be informed. however it is not something we are looking at right now"

so it confirms we have first refusal. thats good.

i still think cesc will join us this summer, this saga has a long way to go yet. rumours are he wants to feel loved at barca and know he is part of their plans. their manager saying "cesc wants to stay" is very different to "cesc isnt for sale"

i think united will bid enough, it will be accepted, our release clause gets activated, cesc comes home. i cannot see him joining moyes over wenger when he views wenger as his second father

GP
17-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Ollie.

Go and have a lie down.

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:45 PM
wenger on the cesc situation today "he wants to stay one more year in barca, but if he does go, we have to be informed. however it is not something we are looking at right now"

so it confirms we have first refusal. thats good.

i still think cesc will join us this summer, this saga has a long way to go yet. rumours are he wants to feel loved at barca and know he is part of their plans. their manager saying "cesc wants to stay" is very different to "cesc isnt for sale"

i think united will bid enough, it will be accepted, our release clause gets activated, cesc comes home. i cannot see him joining moyes over wenger when he views wenger as his second father
It makes no difference as we've said before, it's up to the player even if they wanted to sell and he won't come back.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 09:53 PM
It makes no difference as we've said before, it's up to the player even if they wanted to sell and he won't come back.

it clearly does make a difference. and you have no idea if he wants to come back or not. i believe he owuld, you dont know that he wont for certain. im sorry i just cant believe fabregas would reject wenger to play for david moyes. not in a million years

GP
17-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I also think Cesc would prefer to come back here than go anywhere else, but I think it's pointless getting all worked up at this stage.

People just need to chill. I've never seen a forum so full of shit.

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:57 PM
it clearly does make a difference. and you have no idea if he wants to come back or not. i believe he owuld, you dont know that he wont for certain. im sorry i just cant believe fabregas would reject wenger to play for david moyes. not in a million years

It doesn't, like I said he has no reason to come back....why would he come back to us when he can get more money elsewhere and has a better chance of success and silverware elsewhere. He's done the 4th place things for what 8-9 seasons, he's part of Arsenal's history now, not the future.

He will never come back mark my words.

He'd reject us to play for Man U (or some other big club, there would be plenty), proven winners who invest and want to keep winning, manager is irrelevant in this case. Wenger nothing to offer him.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 10:04 PM
It doesn't, like I said he has no reason to come back....why would he come back to us when he can get more money elsewhere and has a better chance of success and silverware elsewhere. He's done the 4th place things for what 8-9 seasons, he's part of Arsenal's history now, not the future.

He will never come back mark my words.

He'd reject us to play for Man U (or some other big club, there would be plenty), proven winners who invest and want to keep winning, manager is irrelevant in this case. Wenger nothing to offer him.

he does have a reason, he could come back and become a legend. come back and win stuff with us, lead us to glory he will be remembered as a legend, thats something that could be appealing. a 26 year old world class player, should not be consigned to history right now, he can be the future given his age.

Injury Time
17-07-2013, 10:06 PM
I also think Cesc would prefer to come back here than go anywhere else, but I think it's pointless getting all worked up at this stage.

People just need to chill. I've never seen a forum so full of shit.
Hi welcome, you must be new here :wave: :mwah:

GP
17-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Hi welcome, you must be bored here :wave: :mwah:

Yep

Özim
17-07-2013, 10:09 PM
he does have a reason, he could come back and become a legend. come back and win stuff with us, lead us to glory he will be remembered as a legend, thats something that could be appealing. a 26 year old world class player, should not be consigned to history right now, he can be the future given his age.
Please, he could become a legend elsewhere somewhere he can pick up silverware as well. You're not living in the real world if you think he'd want to come back to us, players of his calibre might start of at clubs like us who don't win, but they don't come back to them in their prime, they want to win trophies.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Please, he could become a legend elsewhere somewhere he can pick up silverware as well. You're not living in the real world if you think he'd want to come back to us, players of his calibre might start of at clubs like us who don't win, but they don't come back to them in their prime, they want to win trophies.

lets take van persie. wins a couple more trophies at united. would that make him a legend? no, not at all. he wont be spoken about in years time. however if cesc came back and won trophies he owuld be. he could win trophies at united and at barca but he wont be a legend.

Özim
17-07-2013, 10:23 PM
lets take van persie. wins a couple more trophies at united. would that make him a legend? no, not at all. he wont be spoken about in years time. however if cesc came back and won trophies he owuld be. he could win trophies at united and at barca but he wont be a legend.
He's already a big fan favourite another 3 seasons of success and he'll be remembered pretty fondly, legend is a big word though.

Why would he win trophies with us, what evidence is there he would win trophies exactly? Other clubs are clearly in a far better position and are more willing to invest to achieve this goal.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 10:28 PM
He's already a big fan favourite another 3 seasons of success and he'll be remembered pretty fondly, legend is a big word though.

Why would he win trophies with us, what evidence is there he would win trophies exactly? Other clubs are clearly in a far better position and are more willing to invest to achieve this goal.

yeah no he isn't

Özim
17-07-2013, 10:28 PM
yeah no he isn't
Yeah yeah he is with his goals last season and a title to his name.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Yeah yeah he is with his goals last season and a title to his name.

he isnt a fan favourite. most of their fans wanted to sell him not thiago. even with an assit or title, they wanted to sell him not someone else. thats not being a fan favourite

Özim
17-07-2013, 10:33 PM
he isnt a fan favourite. most of their fans wanted to sell him not thiago. even with an assit or title, they wanted to sell him not someone else. thats not being a fan favourite
Van Persie plays for Man U, that who I was talking about

lets take van persie. wins a couple more trophies at united. would that make him a legend? no, not at all. he wont be spoken about in years time.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 10:39 PM
i dont think he will be, hes a fan favourite now because he pisses off arsenal. that wont be remembered massively in years to come whereas someone like catona is. united were titles before van persise joined, he came in and did what they normally do, tahts not that special compared to cesc coming back and winning here.

Marc Overmars
18-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Presuming Cesc decides to leave (which I think is unlikely anyway) I'm not convinced we'd be his first port of call. While I'm sure he respects Wenger and his time with us, he's not an Arsenal fan, not in the sense we are anyway. He doesn't think like us and and doesn't share the same blinded emotional connection as we do.

He'll do what he thinks is best for his career and won't be weighed down by any loyalty to us. We've had enough experience now to understand that players will always look after number one first and foremost.

Kano
18-07-2013, 08:42 AM
cesc is definitely not coming back here :lol: father figure :rolleyes:

Ollie the Optimist
18-07-2013, 10:34 PM
RAC1 (Spanish radio station) are reporting that fabregas has doubts about staying with Barcelona next season amd he would like to feel more important.

This is going to be a long running transfer saga I think

Ollie the Optimist
18-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Also moyes has tonight confirmed they made a bid for fabregas.

GP
18-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Silly ginger scotch twat.

Grebbo
19-07-2013, 09:33 AM
He's going to join Man utd isn't he

:haha:

Man that's gonna hurt. RVC and Cesc playing for that mob.

For me this is gonna hurt the most, of all our defectors I liked Cesc the most. If he does join another English club then he's a scumbag. We let him go cheaply with years left on his contract to go to his boyhood club. If he returns to England a couple of years later to anyone other than Arsenal then he's a ****. He can go to Italy or Germany or just stay at Barca.

GP
19-07-2013, 09:36 AM
I don't think I could take it if he went there.

I don't think he will, at least, I hope not.

I really don't think I could watch. I couldn't look at him in a barca shirt for a year.

LDG
19-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Come home Cesc :pray:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/afcbhowie/fabregas-1.jpg

Niall_Quinn
19-07-2013, 09:39 AM
I'll be pretty gutted too. I'm not saying I'll kill myself but I'll probably kill somebody. And it'll be justified.

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2013, 09:40 AM
He's going to join Man utd isn't he

Man that's gonna hurt. RVC and Cesc playing for that mob.

For me this is gonna hurt the most, of all our defectors I liked Cesc the most. If he does join another English club then he's a scumbag. We let him go cheaply with years left on his contract to go to his boyhood club. If he returns to England a couple of years later to anyone other than Arsenal then he's a ****. He can go to Italy or Germany or just stay at Barca.

Seeing cesc go to united after seeing judas last year, I think would break me. I think it's the day where I give up on football

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I'll be pretty gutted too. I'm not saying I'll kill myself but I'll probably kill somebody. And it'll be justified.

Kronke :pray:

Niall_Quinn
19-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Seeing cesc go to united after seeing judas last year, I think would break me. I think it's the day where I give up on football

You will give up £7mill a year just because Cesc goes to Utd?

LDG
19-07-2013, 09:41 AM
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/NBKF365/F365/fabwengerfigureskate.jpg

The Wengerbabies
19-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Do we get a % of any transfer fee?

If so this would override the first refusal clause tbh.

Özim
19-07-2013, 02:26 PM
If I'm honest I'm not sure I see the point in a clause that ensures we'll be the 1st club he says no to.

Niall_Quinn
19-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Do we get a % of any transfer fee?

If so this would override the first refusal clause tbh.

Everyone seems to agree we have first refusal (with the emphasis on refusal), haven't seen anything firmly stating we get cash from a transfer.

Grebbo
19-07-2013, 02:56 PM
It's been reported that we get 25% of Barca's profit when selling Cesc as well. Barca agreed to these clauses because they thought they were signing Cesc for life.

Niall_Quinn
19-07-2013, 03:02 PM
It's been reported that we get 25% of Barca's profit when selling Cesc as well. Barca agreed to these clauses because they thought they were signing Cesc for life.

So at £26mill there's no profit, right?

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2013, 03:41 PM
barcalona are holding a press conference tonight. no idea about what it is, but it could be cesc, moyes said he would know more in the next 48 hours, rumours we would announce today. one to keep an eye on

McNamara That Ghost...
19-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Who holds a press conference to announce a player is leaving? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
19-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Who holds a press conference to announce a player is leaving? :unsure:

We would if it was Bendtner.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Apparently it's for Tito, announcement of his resignation (presumably because of ongoing cancer treatment).

GP
19-07-2013, 04:19 PM
That's very sad.

Who's likely to take over there, Maccy?

Cripps_orig
19-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Apparently it's for Tito, announcement of his resignation (presumably because of ongoing cancer treatment).

Wenger for Barca?

Özim
19-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah one more year before finally hanging up his specs.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-07-2013, 04:32 PM
That's very sad.

Who's likely to take over there, Maccy?

I'm really not sure. Possibly Zubizaretta but maybe they can get a year out of Heynckes or something.

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2013, 08:36 PM

The sun contained this line in their article before it was announced. "Rossell is expected to confirm this sensational news to the worlds media"

unbelieavble. Amd in the rest of their article they don't even mention his cancer just talk about how it makes united getting cesc more likely.

****s

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Mirror reporting tonight that although united think they will sign fabregas, fabregas himself has told his friends that if he is to come back to England, he wants to come back to us

Niall_Quinn
19-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Mirror reporting tonight that although united think they will sign fabregas, fabregas himself has told his friends that if he is to come back to England, he wants to come back to us

Fabregas is quite clever at seeding PR, I wouldn't read anything into what he say. He let his Barca mates do an awful lot of talking before he moved there. If he really wanted to come back to us he could just say it rather than whisper to his friends. In the end he'll take what suits him best. 50/50 him staying at Barca or going to Utd. Chance of him coming here? 0%. It would be a huge backward step for him.

Of course if our crappy board and dithering manager had made some bold transfer moves when the window opened things might be different. As it is, if he looks back from Spain now what's the difference between the Arsenal he left and the one he sees now? Possibly we are slightly worse.

Özim
19-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Fabregas is quite clever at seeding PR, I wouldn't read anything into what he say. He let his Barca mates do an awful lot of talking before he moved there. If he really wanted to come back to us he could just say it rather than whisper to his friends. In the end he'll take what suits him best. 50/50 him staying at Barca or going to Utd. Chance of him coming here? 0%. It would be a huge backward step for him.

Of course if our crappy board and dithering manager had made some bold transfer moves when the window opened things might be different. As it is, if he looks back from Spain now what's the difference between the Arsenal he left and the one he sees now? Possibly we are slightly worse.
The guy is never coming back here, it's pretty obvious to anyone with any common sense. There is no reason for him to come here.

Grebbo
19-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Man Utd would have sounded out Fabregas before they bid, no way would they allow themselves to be snubbed by a second Barca midfielder in a month. If he leaves Barca he's going to them

Letters
19-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Give all the :handbags: a rest fellas :rolleyes:

Özim
19-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Give all the :handbags: a rest fellas :rolleyes:
Can you put a full stop at the end of my last post you edited please.

I don't like bad punctuaction :lol:

GP
19-07-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-cesc-fabregas-2066658

Former Gunners captain has told friends he'll only return to England with former side

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Man Utd would have sounded out Fabregas before they bid, no way would they allow themselves to be snubbed by a second Barca midfielder in a month. If he leaves Barca he's going to them

I've seen reports suggesting that Uniteds bid was made about 8 weeks ago. We know bids can take a while to get to the press, because they only reported us bidding for Suarez about 6 days after we actually bid. Maybe fabregas was first choice, said no amd they went for thiago amd are now going back to fabregas?

Letters
19-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Can you put a full stop at the end of my last post you edited please.

I don't like bad punctuaction :lol:
You don't mind bad spelling though... ;)

Done.

Now please behave yourselves (plural), or you'll have Maccy to answer to.

Özim
19-07-2013, 10:07 PM
The Mirror were the paper that broke that Ronald De Boer had signed for Arsenal I think. Now where's my big bag of salt.

GP
19-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Utd will end up with Fellaini or Cabaye or some other filth.

They aren't getting Cesc. Not saying we are, but he's not going there.

Grebbo
19-07-2013, 10:26 PM
I've seen reports suggesting that Uniteds bid was made about 8 weeks ago. We know bids can take a while to get to the press, because they only reported us bidding for Suarez about 6 days after we actually bid. Maybe fabregas was first choice, said no amd they went for thiago amd are now going back to fabregas?

I don't think Moyes would be talking about bidding for Cesc publicly if he wasn't confident. He never talked about Thiago.

I don't have a good feeling about this.

Özim
19-07-2013, 10:32 PM
I don't think Moyes would be talking about bidding for Cesc publicly if he wasn't confident. He never talked about Thiago.

Don't worry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YdbGSIujBM

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2013, 10:35 PM

Fair point but he could be talking because he missed out on thiago, so wants to show united fans that he is in control/cesc was always first choice.

As people say with wenger/board they mention names to appease the fans, moyes could be too

Cripps_orig
19-07-2013, 11:13 PM
The guy is never coming back here, it's pretty obvious to anyone with any common sense. There is no reason for him to come here.

Hope this is true

LDG
20-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Utd have upped there bid for Cesc.

Özim
20-07-2013, 07:02 PM
They've been told he's not for sale, why are they persisting.

Barca should bid for Rooney to p*ss Moyes off :lol:

Grebbo
26-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Wenger wont actually try and get Fabregas back?

I think Wenger might feel that he could get better for the likely £30m and big wages. Fabregas was a great player no doubt about it but he hasn't really had any real form for 3 seasons now. How motivated would he be taking a massive step back to join us? He wouldn't even be captain.

Of course I'd rather sign him then see him go to Man Utd but I'm just not sure that we'll even attempt to.

Kano
26-07-2013, 01:14 PM
there's no way he will attempt to. he's letting man utd have their own futile transfer attempts. we're fully preoccupied with our own failures.

Niall_Quinn
26-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty certain he won't. If we are genuinely in for Suarez then it's hard to imagine there are any other big name signings in the plan. It will be beyond incredible if we splash £40mill on one player (plus another £20mill in wages). Spending another £50mill in the same window? No chance. To sign one star player may be regarded as a misfortune; to sign two looks like carelessness.

LDG
26-07-2013, 01:16 PM
We have Zalalem.

/thread

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-07-2013, 02:19 PM
we wont be signing a midfielder end of.

because if we sign a midfielder then cesc becomes available at the end of the window then we wont have enough money to successfully implement our clause, especially if we splash on a striker which seems increasingly likely.

wenger wants cesc so he'd rather play the safe game by keeping money in the bank in case he becomes available rather than buy a fellaini, then see utd snap cesc up because we ran out of money.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Wenger wont actually try and get Fabregas back?

I think Wenger might feel that he could get better for the likely £30m and big wages. Fabregas was a great player no doubt about it but he hasn't really had any real form for 3 seasons now. How motivated would he be taking a massive step back to join us? He wouldn't even be captain.

Of course I'd rather sign him then see him go to Man Utd but I'm just not sure that we'll even attempt to.

You'd think if he was going to, we would've made the interest clear by now. Having said that, no idea if he would cost £30 million to us - would we waive the amount of money Barcelona already owe us (whatever that is)? I'd have thought so but like I say, no idea how that much is for.

LDG
26-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Wenger said he (Cesc) wanted one more year at Barca....

Marc Overmars
26-07-2013, 03:00 PM
The Barca manager has said they'll reject all offers for Cisc.

Moise. :lol:

Grebbo
26-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Arsenal Geoff saying on twitter that he's hearing positive things about Cesc.

Whatever that means

Gooner23
26-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Means he's still pretending to be ITK.

Arsenal Geoff that is, not Cesc. Cesc knows everything.

Grebbo
26-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Sky sports are saying they've discovered our buy back price is set at 40m euros and not £25m. I can't see us paying that for Cesc.

Maybe at the time 40m euros = £25m? Can't be arsed to look at currency history

Grebbo
26-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Means he's still pretending to be ITK.

Arsenal Geoff that is, not Cesc. Cesc knows everything.

Half of what he says is probably shit but he's certainly predicted things in the past that came true so he certainly has some kind of connections at AFC.

Ollie the Optimist
26-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Sky sports are saying they've discovered our buy back price is set at 40m euros and not £25m. I can't see us paying that for Cesc.

Maybe at the time 40m euros = £25m? Can't be arsed to look at currency history

barca still owe us money for song. so it might be 35 million, but take off what they owe, its about 25 million. i think

KSE Comedy Club
26-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I would imagine our buy back clause is some kind of cut price deal.

We wouldn't miss a trick on underpaying for a player.

Also, Im sure Cesc has said numerous times that he will only ever come back to arsenal if he were to return to the PL.

-Xs-
26-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Players say lots of things but that often changes when money is involved

Ollie the Optimist
26-07-2013, 09:39 PM
united spend all summer chasing him, just about to get him, we step in at the end and go " yeah, acutally hes coming to us"

in one window we could fuck off united and liverpool.

Ulitmate wumger :bow:

-Xs-
28-07-2013, 06:54 AM
united spend all summer chasing him, just about to get him, we step in at the end and go " yeah, acutally hes coming to us"

in one window we could fuck off united and liverpool.

Ulitmate wumger :bow:

Nice thoughts but realistically, he'll end up buying no one and fuck off our own fans

Ultimate wumger :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
31-07-2013, 12:03 PM
A property tycoon who lost his wife to former Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas has now lost the former family home too after a judge refused to halt its £5.5 million sale to the footballer.

Elie Taktouk, 38, whose ex-wife, Daniella Semaan, gave birth to Fabregas’s baby in April, tried to block the sale on the basis that the Barcelona star’s offer was £2 million  less than its value.

The Grade-II listed Belgravia flat, close to Buckingham Palace, had been ordered for sale as part of divorce proceedings in order to provide money for Ms Semaan to buy her own home.

But Mr Taktouk soon learned it was her new boyfriend who had put an offer on the table within three weeks of the flat going on the market.

After the sale to Fabregas, 25, was approved by the High Court, Mr Taktouk launched a last-ditch bid for time to look for a bid closer to his £7.5 million valuation of the apartment, where his ex was still living.

But after a Court of Appeal hearing, the footballer and his Lebanese girlfriend were the winners when Lord Justice Floyd threw out Mr Taktouk’s application to block the sale to the former Arsenal captain.

Mr Taktouk and his ex-wife have two children but separated in 2011, months after Ms Semaan was seen on holiday with Fabregas.

so fabregas has just spent 5.5 million on a house in london. long commute to manchester though :coffee:

Cripps_orig
31-07-2013, 12:05 PM
So he takes his wife and his house?

Cesc is a **** as a player and a despicable human being

Fist of Lehmann
31-07-2013, 12:26 PM
so fabregas has just spent 5.5 million on a house in london. long commute to manchester though :coffee:

That's if he didn't just buy it for his missus.

Power n Glory
31-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Who gives a shit? I thought there was some solid news!

Ollie the Optimist
31-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Just realised he bid 5.5 million for a house where the buyer wants 7.5 million.

that proves beyond all doubt he has Arsenal DNA

AKBapologist
31-07-2013, 05:14 PM
At this rate, we'd be lucky to get song back.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2013, 08:18 PM
another interesting theory on fabregas. Perhaps there is an agreement between him and wenger to join us next year. Wenger confimred again on sunday that cesc will stay in barca for one more year. not many years, but just one year. its known that they still talk so maybe there could be something to taht.

on the other hand, the comments also tell me, that if the fabgregas situation changes, wenger will be in like a hawk to bring him home

Marc Overmars
05-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I think Cisc will probably leave next year if he doesn't make an impression this season.

Cripps_orig
05-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Hopefully there's no Wenger next summer to buy him

fakeyank
05-08-2013, 11:10 PM
another interesting theory on fabregas. Perhaps there is an agreement between him and wenger to join us next year. Wenger confimred again on sunday that cesc will stay in barca for one more year. not many years, but just one year. its known that they still talk so maybe there could be something to taht.

on the other hand, the comments also tell me, that if the fabgregas situation changes, wenger will be in like a hawk to bring him home

My friend, I want to get some of your optimism! You amaze me..

Penguin
06-08-2013, 12:03 PM
He's shit

Ollie the Optimist
06-08-2013, 12:06 PM
He's shit

Like your mum in bed

LDG
06-08-2013, 12:09 PM

Penguin
06-08-2013, 12:20 PM
You what?!
I'll have you know she's very good :whacky::blow:

LDG
08-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Fabregas Press Conference at 10am

:popcorn:

GP
08-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Fabregas Press Conference at 10am

:popcorn:

It's just 10 minutes of LOLing at Moyes.

LDG
08-08-2013, 08:49 AM
I hope so!

Munchies
08-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Fabregas' press conference tomorrow: If it happens –– and I don't know that it will because I have not heard it will and I'm basing this point on what's been said and asked on Twitter –– two scenarios are possible:

1. He says he's leaving and comes this year.
2. He says that he's not leaving and comes next year.

I do not know what he will say. However, the move is already arranged and has been for months. He has done a medical (in Brazil), signed a contract (mid-July, I believe) and we've signed at our end too (a week after he signed or so). It's agreed with Barca (just before we signed, I believe), but they want him to publicly ask to go (and have done all along, as I said from the beginning).

Two points: Like I've said many times, from what I know, he's IS coming THIS season. I've been told that NUMEROUS times myself. I stand by that statement. I am not backtacking by clarifying what happens tomorrow based on what Cesc may or may not say. He is signed, and I've said he's signed for weeks. I maintained that stance whilst he was training and again whilst he is on tour with Barca. If I wanted to back out of saying he was done, I'd have done it much sooner and not have put up with the barrage of idiocy I've endured long before now.

That's as much as I'm saying. It's more complex than simply Barca wanting a CB or Cesc making a choice. Even if he says he's coming tomorrow, I have to wait to explain why he's been on hold for as long as he has; there's a lot more to the move than people actually realise.

So, to finish up, if you're going to act a fool, be harsh nice and early; that way I can block you and we don't have to waste time repeatedly doing the same dance. After all, you wouldn't want to get blocked knowing that you had far more venomous comments that you didn't get to use. What a tragedy that would be for us all.

That's all I can and will say. Tomorrow we'll have all the answers from Cesc.

GeoffArsenal retweeted this, Cesc/Suarez in the same team ? :arry:

... wont get either :tumbleweed:

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Cesc/Suarez in the same team ?

Suarez would never go to Utd surely?

Munchies
08-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Suarez would never go to Utd surely?

I_Killed_Kenny
08-08-2013, 10:50 AM
sorry - who is the retweeted from? from him? or from some other source? I presume the "we" is arsenal and not retweeting from a Manu connection?

Munchies
08-08-2013, 10:54 AM
sorry - who is the retweeted from? from him? or from some other source? I presume the "we" is arsenal and not retweeting from a Manu connection?

https://twitter.com/WayneGooney18

I_Killed_Kenny
08-08-2013, 10:56 AM
https://twitter.com/WayneGooney18

wont hold my breathe then

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 10:57 AM
This must be the longest press conference in history.

Calling a press conference to announce you're leaving. :lol: I doubt it somehow.

Munchies
08-08-2013, 10:57 AM
wont hold my breathe then

:lol: Pretty much

Lets see what Cesc says

Özim
08-08-2013, 10:58 AM
WayneGooney can't update it that quickly at the moment, he's probably just run into Cesc's mum.

LDG
08-08-2013, 10:59 AM

I wish.

He's not coiming home, I'm afraid :(

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 10:59 AM
WayneGooney can't update it that quickly at the moment, he's probably just run into Cesc's mum.

You can't blame him.

Munchies
08-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Right now he's tweeted that United will sell Rooney to us, and not to Chelsea

:lol:

Suarez/Rooney/Cesc

I_Killed_Kenny
08-08-2013, 11:01 AM
he's a trillion percent certain as well. Must be true then!

Özim
08-08-2013, 11:02 AM

Suarez/Rooney/Cesc
I'll have what he's having.

I_Killed_Kenny
08-08-2013, 11:03 AM
he;s smoking better shit than Arsene!

Munchies
08-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Cesc said he's staying ffs

WayneGooney :pal:

Fabregas: "I'm Happy in Barcelona. Never have thought to go...never I thought of something else to follow...I want to succeed here."

LDG
08-08-2013, 11:04 AM

Suarez/Rooney/Cesc

Oh dear.

Poor bloke must have had too many Ollie Pills :(

Munchies
08-08-2013, 11:06 AM
The mug in me is left disappointed again :(

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-in-for-fabregas-cesc-my-dream-has-always-been-to-play-at-bar%C3%A7a-and-nothing-has-changed.370891/page-281

281x40 pages. :haha:

We're not quite on that level yet.

Munchies
08-08-2013, 11:10 AM
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-in-for-fabregas-cesc-my-dream-has-always-been-to-play-at-bar%C3%A7a-and-nothing-has-changed.370891/page-281

281x40 pages. :haha:

We're not quite on that level yet.

Considering they have 100x the members on here, I'd say we're just as bad :tumbleweed:

FFS, I thought he was returning, fuck off Cesc you cunt.

Munchies
08-08-2013, 11:12 AM
that osman looks a decent little player tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Considering they have 100x the members on here, I'd say we're just as bad :tumbleweed:

FFS, I thought he was returning, fuck off Cesc you cunt.

They did it for Thiago too though. :lol:

And we have more need to be desperate for transfers than they do. :whistle:

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Redcafe is not that different to RAWK.

Just a little less mawkish.

Munchies
08-08-2013, 11:16 AM
They did it for Thiago too though. :lol:

And we have more need to be desperate for transfers than they do. :whistle:

Moyes :pal:

That twitter guy backtracked slightly :haha:

To answer all the CF Q's: We will see. I know what I know, and as long as that remains fact, there is every chance it'll happen this summer.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 11:20 AM
2% away from One Trillion certain.

Cripps_orig
08-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Cesc staying at Barca?

Thank fuck

GP
08-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Cesc - "I never had any doubt. It has cost me a lot to return to Barça and now I want to triumph here

LDG
08-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Shame, we could use a good pilot like him. He's turning his back on us.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 11:33 AM
From RedCafe:

But rejoice, it is Ronaldo day! To the Ronaldo thread!!

Fist of Lehmann
08-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I'll have what he's having.

An embolism?