PDA

View Full Version : Are all these russian and arab billionaire clubs

Dicks and chicks
17-07-2013, 07:06 AM
essentially what we are seeing now is a greater spread of talent across , Falcao and Cavani going to PSG and monaco is great because surely chelsea would have signed at least one of them if those clubs weren't minted.

KSE Comedy Club
17-07-2013, 07:58 AM
We can't beat them so may as well join them.

It is probably the future of top flight football tbh.

We need Jabba in.

Kano
17-07-2013, 08:23 AM
can't wait.

football watched by ĉunts, played by ĉunts, owned by ĉunts.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Are they good for arsenal? No

Are they good for football? No

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Are they good for the millions of poor bastards they stole all that money from? Not really. Are they good for anything? Apart from shooting?

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:26 AM
In a sense for years the top clubs have swallowed the majority of the income and got together to make changes to the game suit their needs, thus preventing anyone else from competing.

The Billionaire's has basically allowed other clubs to compete and in a sense done to the big clubs what they were doing for years to the smaller clubs themselves.

Kano
17-07-2013, 09:33 AM
so it's good for the game?

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 09:34 AM
In a sense for years the top clubs have swallowed the majority of the income and got together to make changes to the game suit their needs, thus preventing anyone else from competing.

The Billionaire's has basically allowed other clubs to compete and in a sense done to the big clubs what they were doing for years to the smaller clubs themselves.

678 wrongs don't make a right though.

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 09:35 AM

It is good for certain parts of the game. Like agents and other middlemen, media, all the useless hangers-on. WAGs, they have done okay out of it too I suppose. Pure coincidence the quality of the football has drilled through the sewer and is still heading down.

Kano
17-07-2013, 09:38 AM
i guess it has kept alan shearer on our screens too. i should learn to think before i speak so recklessly.

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 09:40 AM
i guess it has kept alan shearer on our screens too. i should learn to think before i speak so recklessly.

Fans are selfish by nature.

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Good for the game maybe not, but was it good for the game to have a handful of clubs with all the power and money before?

Things have changed, you just have to accept it and move on.

Kano
17-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Things have changed, you just have to accept it and move on.
is that a general message for anyone who opposes any change of rule?

you seemed quite intent for arsenal fans to show their displeasure and couldn't understand why they weren't/are not. so surely the same applies to us as arsenal fans? don't grumble, shut up, deal with it and move on. nothing to see here.

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:43 AM
I'd personally prefer to see lots of clubs sign the best players than 1 or 2 clubs snap them all up as in terms of competing it makes it harder if a handful of clubs have all the best players.

Kano
17-07-2013, 09:45 AM
but the same thing will develop, on a higher scale. an elite group of multi billionaire clubs ruling the roost.

what has changed in england? Two clubs every year on rotation competing for the title. no one else.

Niall_Quinn

you seemed quite intent for arsenal fans to show their displeasure and couldn't understand why they weren't/are not. so surely the same applies to us as arsenal fans? don't grumble, shut up, deal with it and move on. nothing to see here.

If we were man city we could satisfy this contradiction. But we are not. Sucks to be us, we are ruining the beautiful game.

Ollie the Optimist
I'd personally prefer to see lots of clubs sign the best players than 1 or 2 clubs snap them all up as in terms of competing it makes it harder if a handful of clubs have all the best players.

which in turn reduces arsenals chances of signing the best players. what the fuck are you on about?

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:46 AM

you seemed quite intent for arsenal fans to show their displeasure and couldn't understand why they weren't/are not - surely the same applies to us as arsenal fans? don't grumble, shut up, deal with it and move on. nothing to see here.
Not really no, our situation is somewhat different, we have a shedload of money just won't spend it, this is despite charging astronomical ticket prices....fans should have a say in this considering they are the ones paying for it.

We aren't paying for Billionaires buying up clubs.

I'm not saying you can't vent your displeasure about the game, what you have to accept though is that it's unlikely to change as none of the people at the top seem intent on doing anything about it.

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:47 AM
which in turn reduces arsenals chances of signing the best players. what the fuck are you on about?
No really no, because we're not interested in the best players, we're only interested in bargain basement buys, so it has no impact on us.

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:49 AM
but the same thing will develop, on a higher scale. an elite group of multi billionaire clubs ruling the roost.

what has changed in england? Two clubs every year on rotation competing for the title. no one else.
The more billionaires there are the more clubs are in the mix, right now we have probably more clubs with a chance of success than before when the likes of Barca, Madrid and Man U were pretty much dominating.

I'm not saying you should like it, but from a point of view of competition, having more clubs with money creates greater competition.

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:50 AM
If we were man city we could satisfy this contradiction. But we are not. Sucks to be us, we are ruining the beautiful game.
I think most fans are more interested with what happens at their club, then at other clubs to be honest.

But like I said you can voice your opinion, but it's clear it's not going to change and fans are powerless to change it.

Joker
17-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Zim makes a valid point IMO. Yes, this is not an ideal situation but the status quo before the rise of the sugar daddies wasn't great either. Like he says, it was case of the big, income rich clubs basically dominating football, with everything geared in their favour (TV Revenues, UCL money etc). There was no way for a smaller club like Aston Villa to break the monopoly at the top. If they did manage to do well one year, they'd probably lose their most talented players the next because they couldn't compete financially.

Kano
17-07-2013, 09:52 AM
The more billionaires there are the more clubs are in the mix, right now we have probably more clubs with a chance of success than before when the likes of Barca, Madrid and Man U were pretty much dominating.

I'm not saying you should like it, but from a point of view of competition, having more clubs with money creates greater competition.
like when you had barca, madrid, inter, milan, juve, utd, liverpool all competing across europe.

drop out the obvious names there and replace with the new ****s and nothing has changed.

Özim
17-07-2013, 09:56 AM
like when you had barca, madrid, ajax, inter, milan, juve, utd, liverpool all competing across europe.

drop out the obvious names there and replace with the new ****s and nothing has changed.
Ajax was a long time ago.

Italian teams also haven't been competing for some time. Recent times has seen certain big English and Spanish club dominate.

Right now we have PSG, Monaco, Chelsea, Man City, Real, Barca, Bayern, Man U, Borrussia Dortmund looking serious about competing to win the CL, that's a lot more clubs than before.

Last season's CL was the most interesting for a while, with clubs like PSG starting to show they mean business. To me that's more interesting that watching English and Spanish clubs in the semis every year.

Kano
17-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Ajax was a long time ago.

Italian teams also haven't been competing for some time. Recent times has seen certain big English and Spanish club dominate.

Right now we have PSG, Monaco, Chelsea, Man City, Real, Barca, Bayern, Man U, Borrussia Dortmund looking serious about competing to win the CL, that's a lot more clubs than before.

Last season's CL was the most interesting for a while, with clubs like PSG starting to show they mean business. To me that's more interesting that watching English and Spanish clubs in the semis every year.

there have been 8 different winners in the past 10 years of the CL - a competition you repeatedly say you are bored of. so having a few more clubs that just suck the talent and life out of the game adds no competition or variety at all over time.

spanish football is broke. just as italian football was but is now starting to strengthen slowly but surely. it's rotational. dortmund will be bled dry. monaco will be a flash in the pan. man utd have david moyes. there is no new 'utopia' of competitive football. billionaires have infested our game and saturated it with their take on how the game should be run. everything around the clubs, their approach, the players, their hangers on are there to bleed it dry. that's the goal. the only objective. competitive sport doesn't even register for these owners. they aren't buying cavani to make the fans happy.

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I think most fans are more interested with what happens at their club, then at other clubs to be honest.

But like I said you can voice your opinion, but it's clear it's not going to change and fans are powerless to change it.

Fans have all the power to change it but as with politics and economics they have been brainwashed into ignoring their power and their responsibilities. If we want a clean game, and make no mistake if you have Russian and Arab gangsters in football it cannot be clean, then we shouldn't be looking on those who benefit the most to set standards. All in all fans are to blame for the demise of football because we haven't used our collective voice. We laughed at the Utd fans when they set up an alternative to that slave owning club Utd. They were right, we were and continue to be wrong. An attitude of "you can't change anything" is the ultimate cowardice.

Özim
17-07-2013, 10:09 AM
People were sceptical about Abramovich as well, saying Chelsea would be screwed when he left etc etc.

He's still here, has brought them unparalleled success, signed some of the best players and made them one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Some may just be football fans who have plenty of money to play with. There no signs of him moving on, you might not agree with what he's done but he's certainly not bled Chelsea dry, he's pumped his money into the club and probably won't see much of it again.

Özim
17-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Fans have all the power to change it but as with politics and economics they have been brainwashed into ignoring their power and their responsibilities. If we want a clean game, and make no mistake if you have Russian and Arab gangsters in football it cannot be clean, then we shouldn't be looking on those who benefit the most to set standards. All in all fans are to blame for the demise of football because we haven't used our collective voice. We laughed at the Utd fans when they set up an alternative to that slave owning club Utd. They were right, we were and continue to be wrong. An attitude of "you can't change anything" is the ultimate cowardice.
Man U whine about the Glazers, but look at them now, noone is complaining anymore they all seem pretty content seeing top players come in and trophies being won.

I don't think fans will ever unite in the way you're suggesting to force changes to the game, it just isn't going to happen...they have enough trouble forcing any changes at their club (in our case).

Kano
17-07-2013, 10:15 AM
People were sceptical about Abramovich as well, saying Chelsea would be screwed when he left etc etc.

He's still here, has brought them unparalleled success, signed some of the best players and made them one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Some may just be football fans who have plenty of money to play with. There no signs of him moving on, you might not agree with what he's done but he's certainly not bled Chelsea dry, he's pumped his money into the club and probably won't see much of it again.
i'm not sure what that's got to do with it. football is far more lucrative and bigger than any one club. which is what they have seen and why they have all infested the place. will they leave clubs and high dry? some will, some won't but ultimately, they will be far richer by the time they leave, which is all that matters.

GP
17-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmCtci6cen8

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 10:21 AM
has brought them unparalleled success

Fixed it.

Man U whine about the Glazers, but look at them now, noone is complaining anymore they all seem pretty content seeing top players come in and trophies being won.

I don't think fans will ever unite in the way you're suggesting to force changes to the game, it just isn't going to happen...they have enough trouble forcing any changes at their club (in our case).

As long as we keep telling ourselves what we can't do we should be fine. Also, I don't think the leeches view fans who pay at the turnstiles and then hold up a banner as much of a show of force. The force part has to happen before you hit the turnstile.

Letters
17-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I'd personally prefer to remove all the things in football which make the playing field increasingly uneven:
Sky money, CL being for the top 4, Billionaire owners.

The playing field can never be completely even, some clubs just have larger fanbases and bigger stadia, but the above things make it far worse than it was back in the way.

Whaddaya do though? While people keep paying silly money to watch the game (both like and on TV) there's nothing to stop the spiral.

Marc Overmars
17-07-2013, 10:35 AM
It's not good for Arsenal or Football in general but that's the way the game is going. However I would say in the future most clubs will probably have a billionaire at the helm, then in a way things will level out again to an extent.

Özim
17-07-2013, 10:39 AM
It's not good for Arsenal or Football in general but that's the way the game is going. However I would say in the future most clubs will probably have a billionaire at the helm, then in a way things will level out again to an extent.
We do have a billionaire.

Two in fact, one won't spend, the other can't as he has no control.

Letters
17-07-2013, 10:50 AM

He's still here, has brought them unparalleled success, signed some of the best players and made them one of the biggest clubs in the world

Yeah. And their fans seem to spend most of their time moaning anyway. :shrug:
And everyone knows how they've achieved it.
So what? They bought some trophies. Now City are buying some. Yaay :partytime:
And long term I don't see how being beholden to an individual is a good thing.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 10:58 AM

he really really hasn't. hes spent over a billion pounds in ten years at chelsea, and i believe united have won more trophies in that time then they have. so its not unparalledled success at all, plus last season they only finished a point or two ahead of us. if i spent a billion pounds in ten years, if i was fighitng a team who have a net spend in that time of about 2 million. i would not be calling it an unparaalleded success

Letters
17-07-2013, 11:00 AM
i would not be calling it an unparaalleded success
No, I don't think anyone would be calling it that.

:coney:

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 11:01 AM
No, I don't think anyone would be calling it that.

:coney:

yeah i cant type

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-07-2013, 11:02 AM
i reckon them muslamics are worse innit

Özim
17-07-2013, 11:11 AM
he really really hasn't. hes spent over a billion pounds in ten years at chelsea, and i believe united have won more trophies in that time then they have. so its not unparalledled success at all, plus last season they only finished a point or two ahead of us. if i spent a billion pounds in ten years, if i was fighitng a team who have a net spend in that time of about 2 million. i would not be calling it an unparaalleded success
It is at Chelsea, they'd won next to nothing before he arrived.

Let's be realistic here we're not competing with them at all.

3 PL titles
5 FA Cups
1 CL
1 Europa League
2 League Cups

9 of those since won 2005 and in that time we've won nothing. So no we're not competing with them, they've also been above us numerous time when they haven't won the league.

All in all that's not a bad return for a club who'd won next to nothing before he arrived I'd say, a club with as much history as us hasn't even won the European Cup/Champions League.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 11:21 AM
It is at Chelsea, they'd won next to nothing before he arrived.

Let's be realistic here we're not competing with them at all.

3 PL titles
5 FA Cups
1 CL
1 Europa League
2 League Cups

9 of those since won 2005 and in that time we've won nothing. So no we're not competing with them, they've also been above us numerous time when they haven't won the league.

All in all that's not a bad return for a club who'd won next to nothing before he arrived I'd say, a club with as much history as us hasn't even won the European Cup/Champions League.

thats the point, they had won nothing until he arrived. they couldnt win on their own, had to buy it. thats not unparrallled success, thats just ive got more money then you so will buy everyone until i win.

plus you cant count europa league as success because it ultimatly came from failure.

my point was not us competeing with them, but more united who have blown them away. he has spent a billion pounds and has hardly threatened united but for three seasons out of ten.

Özim
17-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah. And their fans seem to spend most of their time moaning anyway. :shrug:
And everyone knows how they've achieved it.
So what? They bought some trophies. Now City are buying some. Yaay :partytime:
And long term I don't see how being beholden to an individual is a good thing.
Fans will always moan at some point, regardless of success as expectations go up.

Everyone knows, but in historical terms and internationally it doesn't matter, they get more money, a bigger fan base, more respect and improve the stature of the club.

Do you think us winning nothing since 2005 helps us in anyway, do you think the club charging sky high ticket prices when they don't spend and don't achieve any success is OK, do you think that's all OK because we can at least take the moral high ground?

I'd hedge my bets that Chelsea fans are happier with the situation than Arsenal fans.

As for long term, I don't see a problem, they will be replaced in some form or other if they leave, if anything the club will be much more appealing to new owners due to it's success and image.

Özim
17-07-2013, 11:27 AM
thats the point, they had won nothing until he arrived. they couldnt win on their own, had to buy it. thats not unparrallled success, thats just ive got more money then you so will buy everyone until i win.

plus you cant count europa league as success because it ultimatly came from failure.

my point was not us competeing with them, but more united who have blown them away. he has spent a billion pounds and has hardly threatened united but for three seasons out of ten.
It's unparalled success whether they spent money or not, success is success.

A trophy by definition is a success, it's only considered failure for them as they expect to win the league and CL and that shows how much their stature has changed if anything.

Man U haven't blown them away, they've competed with them due to having a great manager and also spending money on players (they've never been scared to spend on quality). Chelsea under Mourinho were almost untouchable and now he's back.

If you'd asked Chelsea fans before they arrived whether in 15 years time they'd like to have won 9 trophies including the CL, to have competed for the title regularly, have seen the club sign lots of top players, pretty sure they'd have said yes please!

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 11:37 AM
its unparalled success because united have matched it and bettered it and without spending a billion quid in the process.

if you win the europa league because you were knocked out of the champions league group stages then great, but its not a success because you failed and failure brought you into the europa league.

Özim
17-07-2013, 11:41 AM
its unparalled success because united have matched it and bettered it and without spending a billion quid in the process.

if you win the europa league because you were knocked out of the champions league group stages then great, but its not a success because you failed and failure brought you into the europa league.
Once again, it's unparalled success at Chelsea, but for any clubs winning those trophies isn't a bad haul.

If we won the Europa league after being knocked out of the CL I'd be quite happy personally, I'd rather win that than get knocked out of CL in the last 16 and get nothing.

The way we have been in recent years in the CL, if we got knocked out of the group stages but managed to win the Europa league it would be a much better feeling than getting to the knockout stages and being knocked out easily.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Once again, it's unparalled success at Chelsea, but for any clubs winning those trophies isn't a bad haul.

If we won the Europa league after being knocked out of the CL I'd be quite happy personally, I'd rather win that than get knocked out of CL in the last 16 and get nothing.

The way we have been in recent years in the CL, if we got knocked out of the group stages but managed to win the Europa league it would be a much better feeling than getting to the knockout stages and being knocked out easily.

for us to win the europa league, it means you actively want us to lose games because the only way to get into it is to get third in the group, to do that, you have to lose games. great idea

Özim
17-07-2013, 11:50 AM
for us to win the europa league, it means you actively want us to lose games because the only way to get into it is to get third in the group, to do that, you have to lose games. great idea
Draws will do it too.

If you asked me whether I'd be happy for us to get knocked out of the CL but getting into the Europa league rather than the last 16 of the CL at the moment, I'd have to say yes....we just make up the numbers in the CL unfortunately, we don't have a hope in hell of doing anything in it and I'm bored of watching us go out with a whimper whenever we play a decent team in the knockout stages......don't get any satisfaction or pleasure from that and every season I'm pretty waiting for that to happen rather than thinking maybe we can win this time!

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 11:55 AM
doesnt matter wether its a draw or a loss that does it. you actively dont want the club to win. thats moronic and im not going to continue with someone who wants the team he claims to support fail. im done

Fist of Lehmann
17-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Relevant

Thanks, had not seen that.

Özim
17-07-2013, 12:00 PM
doesnt matter wether its a draw or a loss that does it. you actively dont want the club to win. thats moronic and im not going to continue with someone who wants the team he claims to support fail. im done
Not really. I find the CL boring, largely due to the fact we basically don't compete. We get to the knockout stages and then we're out, that's how it works.

Where's the fun in knowing what's going to happen, I don't want us to fail, we just will as a club we're content being failures and relatively unfazed by this. I'd rather have a go at the Europa league to see where that takes us, we're out of our depth in the CL largely due to a lack of quality players, you can see that from our performances once we get to the knockouts.

JonasTC
17-07-2013, 02:36 PM
I dont want any sugar daddies to be at our club, it will eventual be the demise of a club, theres no profit in it and in the long run chelsea and man city will be fighting for the championship and not the premier league, it might not be in the next 10 years. But in 50 years or when the owners get bored and rather wanna invest in space travel racing, then what? Then the clubs have nothing. I love our club, because we can hang on to the top, without doing any of theese things, we're one of the only clubs in the worlds who does this and i think its beautiful. Im an Arsenal fan for life, and i still hope to be able to watch my club competing in the premier league in 50 years time.

Plus they have ruined for favourite computer game, Football Manger, aswell. You cant buy a decent lad without the clubs wanting 25mil+ and 100k+ in wages.

Cripps_orig
17-07-2013, 02:38 PM
I dont want any sugar daddies to be at our club, it will eventual be the demise of a club, theres no profit in it and in the long run chelsea and man city will be fighting for the championship and not the premier league, it might not be in the next 10 years. But in 50 years or when the owners get bored and rather wanna invest in space travel racing, then what? Then the clubs have nothing. I love our club, because we can hang on to the top, without doing any of theese things, we're one of the only clubs in the worlds who does this and i think its beautiful. Im an Arsenal fan for life, and i still hope to be able to watch my club competing in the premier league in 50 years time.

Plus they have ruined for favourite computer game, Football Manger, aswell. You cant buy a decent lad without the clubs wanting 25mil+ and 100k+ in wages.

Exactly.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 09:10 AM

unless you use the fm editor.

All wenger needs is to use the fm editor

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Stop editing your thread titles.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Stop editing your thread titles.

too jazzy?