PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction vs Vietnam.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Another superb win!

Slow first half, Giroud keeps belting them in all angles, so I'd like him to stop dropping deep and losing it.

Most embarrassing moment - Poldi and Giroud somehow messing up an easy chance.

Plenty of good stuff from Gnabry, Eisfeld and Zelalem. Germans. :bow:

Theo had a stinker aside from the lay off for Oxocubes goal, or maybe he was aiming for the roof, it happened enough times.

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Kids looked better than the first team.

Cripps_orig
17-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Conceding a goal to these lot :lol:

Joker
17-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Theo may have been crap but we shouldn't read much into these games. It's still early pre-season and Theo delivered where it really mattered last season so there shouldn't be a question mark about the fact that he'll be one of the first names on the team sheet come August.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Be as that may, his shooting was erratic to say the least, if only for today. Podolski similarly had a poor game.

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Podolski, Giroud, Walcott - none are good enough at the level we want to be at. Like that kid Akpom though, and Gnabbers. Eisfeld too. If we aren't signing quality this year it would be tempting to dump most of the first team in favour of these kids. What's the worst that could happen? We wouldn't qualify to be fodder in the CL. Payoff might be a bit of entertainment. Wouldn't mind that.

Munchies
17-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Haven't seen the highlights, nor do I want to, but Giroud seems happy:

http://instagram.com/p/b37maZuZ-M/#

Özim
17-07-2013, 04:54 PM
oliviergiroudafc First

"hatrick" with Arsenal in Hanoi! Great Vietnamese energy.

Not sure friendlies count.

Cripps_orig
17-07-2013, 04:54 PM
:sick:

Ugly fuck

Özim
17-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Haven't seen the highlights, nor do I want to, but Giroud seems happy:

http://instagram.com/p/b37maZuZ-M/#
Not surprised, it's another holiday for them, probably doing a bit of sightseeing over there.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Not surprised, it's another holiday for them, probably doing a bit of sightseeing over there.

i dread to ask this, but what possible reason could you have against them going on this tour and doing sightseeing in their time off?

Özim
17-07-2013, 05:05 PM
i dread to ask this, but what possible reason could you have against them going on this tour and doing sightseeing in their time off?
Just saying that's why they're happy, they're on a bit of a jolly who wouldn't be smiling.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Just saying that's why they're happy, they're on a bit of a jolly who wouldn't be smiling.

personally playing football and training in that heat is not my idea of a jolly, however when not training and playing matches, its not that unreasaonable to suggest they could go and enjoy themselves and see the sights of these countries and meet fans who only get to see their club once a year if that.

Özim
17-07-2013, 05:09 PM
personally playing football and training in that heat is not my idea of a jolly, however when not training and playing matches, its not that unreasaonable to suggest they could go and enjoy themselves and see the sights of these countries and meet fans who only get to see their club once a year if that.
The football is only 90 minutes, plus I imagine their not busting a gut in a friendly or in training.

A holiday is always great fun.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 05:11 PM
The football is only 90 minutes, plus I imagine their not busting a gut in a friendly or in training.

this is acutally incredible. you can spin everything the club do into a negative. well done

Özim
17-07-2013, 05:13 PM
this is acutally incredible. you can spin everything the club do into a negative. well done
:lol: Just pointing out why they are happy, who wouldn't be in their shoes!

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2013, 05:15 PM
:lol: Just pointing out why they are happy, who wouldn't be in their shoes!

i dont get you, you pointed it out in a way to suggest you werent happy with it. its clear what you meant by it. you'd be the first person to moan if we stayed in england because we were missing out on commerical markets abroad, and now we go there, its just one big jolly for hte players who probably wont try hard at all

Özim
17-07-2013, 05:18 PM
i dont get you, you pointed it out in a way to suggest you werent happy with it. its clear what you meant by it. you'd be the first person to moan if we stayed in england because we were missing out on commerical markets abroad, and now we go there, its just one big jolly for hte players who probably wont try hard at all
I don't give a sh*t if he's happy, was just replying to the guy who said he looks happy. I can understand why he is that's all.

As for going abroad, again don't really care but you're never going to bust a gut in a pre-season friendly (that was a reply to your comment about playing in the heat) and it is a bit of a jolly. I'm sure they'd rather go abroad to a foreign country than play Barnet and Yeovil, it's like going on holiday.

This tour is meaningless in terms of the season, it's only done for commercial reasons, we've got no new signings to bed in and we're still a way from the start of the season.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-07-2013, 05:47 PM
:lol: sanogo

awful first touch, cant dribble, cant shoot. why the fuck did wenger sign him? he's been woeful so far for us in pre-season.

wenger :haha:

Master Splinter
17-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

Zelalem has some Yank in him too. German/Ethiopian/American hybrids are the future :bow:.

Didn't see the full game, but sounds like Giroud looked great. And scored a few too.

Gnabbers has been very raw in every game I've seen him play, but looked like he was effective today. And yes, Eisfeld should be the first name on the team sheet.

Chuba :bow:. An actual Dids in the making. Carroll :haha:. Syndicate :haha:.

Poor Ryo got Denilsoned. Was he injured? Or just shit?

There's a long line of pre-season legends, but usually one player seems rejuvenated and full of confidence and takes that immediately into the new season. I'm thinking Oxo or Ramsey this season.

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Ryo was unbelievably shit and then got injured I think.

Letters
17-07-2013, 08:06 PM

Apart from for anyone going with you ##