PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

Dicks and chicks
20-07-2013, 08:22 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370855/Arsenal-close-Brazils-Bernard-Atletico-Mineiro.html?ico=sport^mostread

he's coming home

LDG
20-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Link doesn't work.

Fist of Lehmann
20-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Link doesn't work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370855/Arsenal-close-Brazils-Bernard-Atletico-Mineiro.html?ico=sport^mostread

Regurgitated Twitter balls my guess.

LDG
20-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Yep. Rubbish.

Shouldn't this just be in the summer speculation thread?

This dude starts more threads than he posts.

Niall_Quinn
20-07-2013, 08:46 AM
He's been hired by Letters to make the place look busy.

Fist of Lehmann
20-07-2013, 08:53 AM
:lol:

Tbf, he'll need his own thread once we sign him anyway.

Forward planning.

:thumbs:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Hmm I'll close this I think but I am sure I will reopen it when we're close to signing him.

GP
23-07-2013, 02:04 PM
He's coming home.

£21m apparently. Transfer record smashed.

A proper Brazilian, too, not a fake one like Baptista.

I_Killed_Kenny
23-07-2013, 02:08 PM
is this another higuain thread?

GP
23-07-2013, 02:08 PM
is this another higuain thread?

Can't you read?

Özim
23-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Seems a more realistic signing for us to me, not one of the really high profile player and not massively expensive, plus the reckon £50k a week after tax which fits in nicely with our policy.

I'll believe it when I see it though as right now it's the Evening Standard reporting it.

Niall_Quinn
23-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Worst thread ever.

LDG
23-07-2013, 02:14 PM
This would put Sp*rz signing of Pauline to shame....

GP
23-07-2013, 02:15 PM
He's playing in the Copa Libertadores final tomorrow, so it SHOULD be announced at the end of the week.

GP
23-07-2013, 02:16 PM
This would put Sp*rz signing of Pauline to shame....

He's shit and a ****.

I_Killed_Kenny
23-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Can't you read?

keep your knickers on mate, just meant is it another hopeful but useless thread for a player we havent actually signed yet ala higuain.

GP
23-07-2013, 02:26 PM
keep your knickers on mate, just meant is it another hopeful but useless thread for a player we havent actually signed yet ala higuain.

Dunno. Could be.

Brazilian media are confirming at is done. We#ll find out soon enough.

http://www.otempo.com.br/superfc/atletico/pr%C3%B3xima-de-ser-oficializada-ida-de-bernard-para-o-arsenal-est%C3%A1-acertada-h%C3%A1-uma-semana-1.685065?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I_Killed_Kenny
23-07-2013, 02:28 PM
reckon brazlian media are more trustworthy than spanish for eg? honest question, i have no idea?

Marc Overmars
23-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Never heard of him but there are lots of awesome Brazilian kids out there at the moment, hopefully this guy is another.

Power n Glory
23-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Plays on the left.

Pod will have to make way if this happens.

Cripps_orig
23-07-2013, 02:44 PM
A Brazilian nobody

Yay

server too busy!
23-07-2013, 02:48 PM
This kid is going to be massive, proper talent. Next big up and coming player in Brazil after Neymar by the sounds of it. Hope it happens!!

Özim
23-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Just seen that link has got "Twitter" on the end.

Bernard :rose:

Power n Glory
23-07-2013, 02:49 PM
A Brazilian nobody

Yay

They are all nobodies. It’s gone real quiet on the Brazilian front since the demise of Kaka. Neymar is the only player being talked about and it took a long time for him to leave his native Brazil. You can only hope they’ve been developing a new breed of young players for the World Cup.

Marc Overmars
23-07-2013, 03:01 PM
I think it would be a good move personally to take a punt on one of these kids, you just know they'll be technically brilliant. South Americans FTW IMHO.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-07-2013, 03:03 PM
If you haven't got an interest in actually talking about him, please don't bother.

Guess I should merge it with the other thread really, I did say to D&C I would.

GP
23-07-2013, 03:04 PM
He's the one everyone's talking about over there.

GP
23-07-2013, 03:05 PM
If you haven't got an interest in actually talking about him, please don't bother.

Guess I should merge it with the other thread really, I did say to D&C I would.

Sorry Mac, I didn't realise there was another thread.

My title is better, though...

McNamara That Ghost...
23-07-2013, 03:05 PM
They are all nobodies. It’s gone real quiet on the Brazilian front since the demise of Kaka. Neymar is the only player being talked about and it took a long time for him to leave his native Brazil. You can only hope they’ve been developing a new breed of young players for the World Cup.

Neymar is the main one but he isn't the only one that has been talked about. He has left Brazil, at 21, just like Kaka did, when he went to Milan, as did Ronaldinho when he went to PSG.

I_Killed_Kenny
23-07-2013, 03:06 PM
youtube (yes i know) shows a very good player tbh. really adept with both feet, good balance and good delivery. very slight frame though so not sure how he will hold up in the prem but i thought the same about oscar when he joined but i think he is a fantastic lil player.

GP
23-07-2013, 03:08 PM
I think that whole 'needs to be big and strong to hack in the Prem' trope has been well and truly disproven.

Özim
23-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I think it would be a good move personally to take a punt on one of these kids, you just know they'll be technically brilliant. South Americans FTW IMHO.
He's suppose to be good, but who knows, Brazil isn't developing the footballers it once was. Neymar has been the stand out player in recent years. Barely got any time in the confederations cup, in a sense kinda strange if he's as good as they say as they didn't hold back Neymar.

I can't comment as I haven't seen much of him, just going by what I've heard (mainly on BBC).

Power n Glory
23-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Neymar is the main one but he isn't the only one that has been talked about. He has left Brazil, at 21, just like Kaka did, when he went to Milan, as did Ronaldinho when he went to PSG.

Neymar is the only one people talk about over here is what I mean. I'm sure there are many potential players on the rise there. I think the Brazilian league have tried to stop Euro clubs raping the talent early.

Power n Glory
23-07-2013, 03:26 PM
He's suppose to be good, but who knows, Brazil isn't developing the footballers it once was. Neymar has been the stand out player in recent years. Barely got any time in the confederations cup, in a sense kinda strange if he's as good as they say as they didn't hold back Neymar.

I can't comment as I haven't seen much of him, just going by what I've heard (mainly on BBC).

It’s really hard to believe that they’ve stopped developing talent. It’s been really quiet over there in recent years regarding the next big thing, but do you think they’ve done a Germany? Could be a class of kids ready to go.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Neymar is the only one people talk about over here is what I mean. I'm sure there are many potential players on the rise there. I think the Brazilian league have tried to stop Euro clubs raping the talent early.

Plenty of talk on Oscar and Lucas Moura in fairness. I don't think they're talked about as being absolute legends for Brazil like Neymar has (as in right up there with previous true greats) but certainly part of a talented group.

It's hard for the Brazilian league to stop them coming over, I think Brazil has one of the biggest amounts of players over here in Europe - a lot see it as a vehicle to get away from the danger that can be there in Brazil, plus all the prestige and money that comes from moving to Europe in any case and emulating previous players.

Dennis Bendtner
23-07-2013, 03:32 PM
It would be exciting. I remember someone on here saying that the best football we've played in recent years has been with good youngsters in the team and it's a good point. I thought with more financial freedom we'd go down this route rather than chuck it all on an established player. Chelsea have hoovered up a lot of the expensive and highly-rated young players recently so it would be good to get players like Bernie (assuming he's very good)

That said, a google image search would indicate he is in fact 6 years old.

Fist of Lehmann
23-07-2013, 03:41 PM
There was a bit a buzz around him during the Confed Cup, nothing of course compared to the spunkfest surrounding Neymar and he didn't get too much time on the pitch.

Billed, tentatively, as potentially one of Brazil's the next big things.

In that sense at least it would be an exciting signing. A couple of caveats though, Brazilians are overpriced. Players coming off the back of a good summer tournament are overpriced (this one's probably nominal as his visibility wasn't huge).

The big fee will lead people to expect great things from this fella. Time will tell.

Power n Glory
23-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Plenty of talk on Oscar and Lucas Moura in fairness. I don't think they're talked about as being absolute legends for Brazil like Neymar has (as in right up there with previous true greats) but certainly part of a talented group.

It's hard for the Brazilian league to stop them coming over, I think Brazil has one of the biggest amounts of players over here in Europe - a lot see it as a vehicle to get away from the danger that can be there in Brazil, plus all the prestige and money that comes from moving to Europe in any case and emulating previous players.

That’s what I mean. Neymar has been getting all the talk. But the Brazilian league has had more money, right? It’s why they’ve been able to hold on to their players longer and older stars can go back and still earn a good wage, right? I think it’s been harder for Europe to poach players at a really young age.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-07-2013, 03:50 PM
That’s what I mean. Neymar has been getting all the talk. But the Brazilian league has had more money, right? It’s why they’ve been able to hold on to their players longer and older stars can go back and still earn a good wage, right? I think it’s been harder for Europe to poach players at a really young age.

They all leave at fairly short times in to their career, 20/21 still leaves them a good eight years at the top, unless they Ronaldinho it. Neymar has been getting all the talk because they've been searching for so hard for someone to be considered the best in the world - maybe that's due in part to an Argentine player getting so much praise for many years now.

I guess in Europe they would have enough money to move their families over too, I don't really know on that but I daresay they would earn a lot more, even if they are not hard pressed for money in Brazil now. Players go back there no doubt but like you suggest, usually, at the end of their careers (like Ronaldinho and Gilberto).

Niall_Quinn
23-07-2013, 03:54 PM
A YouTube sensation like all the others, there's zero way to know how he will do in England. We've seen skilful players come here before only to forget how to cross, shoot and beat a defender after a few weeks in our training regime. He looks like he has natural talent, but then again so does Ox. If he's coming and this is all we sign then the window can be officially classed as a write off. We don't need another winger, we already have Walcott, Podolski, Ramsey, Gervinho, in fact Wenger plays every fucker on the wing. Utterly pointless signing that will take us nowhere. And if he really is the next big thing then all we are is a stepping stone anyway.

Two strikers, a commanding midfielder and a defender please.

http://youtu.be/Sb05QPFhqp4

Dennis Bendtner
23-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Hold on...his goal celebration.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/photo/worldfootball/clubfootball/02/01/87/97/2018797_full-prt.jpg

Do not want.

Letters
23-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Don't worry. Bale is copyrighting it so he'll have to stop doing that anyway.

Master Splinter
23-07-2013, 06:46 PM
L'Equipe + WUMger denying it + Bernard deflecting questions = he's almost home.

If he does sign and we do eventually get a top, top, top, top quality striker, that would be almost perfect in terms of the attacking players. Having genuine quality in the final third is the most important thing in the PL. With RVC leaving, we were little bit mechanical or not even functioning at times last season. We'd have a player capable of doing something unpredictable too, which is what we've lacked with the talent exodus in recent times.

Shame he won't have Denilson to sing along with or Santos to shout him fish 'n' chips on his arrival in norf landan though.

Özim
23-07-2013, 09:34 PM
The best Brazilians are generally all about skill, bout time we had one, they invented skills and trickery.

If we do sign him reckon he'll be an exciting player.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-07-2013, 11:25 PM
A Brazilian nobody

Yay

great post.

Özil's Panoramic View
23-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Hold on...his goal celebration.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/photo/worldfootball/clubfootball/02/01/87/97/2018797_full-prt.jpg

Do not want.

After seeing this, he can never come here.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 09:12 AM
this is just a big gamble tbh. Would rather someone proven in the PL

Kano
24-07-2013, 09:30 AM
has he signed yet?

ah.

let's see if it can beat the higuain thread.

GP
24-07-2013, 09:32 AM
has he signed yet?

No, he's playing today in the Copa Libertadores today.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Atletico Mineiro forward Bernard has refused to deny that a deal is in place to take him to Arsenal this summer.

Reports in French sports daily L'Equipe this summer claimed that a transfer would be announced by the end of the week, but Arsene Wenger stated such stories were untrue.

The 20-year-old was suspended for the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final - which his side lost 2-0 to Paraguay's Olimpia - but is determined to concentrate on the second leg before talking about his future.

"In a week as important as this one, I do not wanna talk about it. I want to talk about the game," he said.

"I do not want to be rude or ignorant to anyone. I want to talk about the game.

"What will happen after Wednesday, I do not know."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-bernard-refuses-2080642#ixzz2ZxPqoxaW
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

He's coming home

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 10:26 AM
He's already talking like Wenfer.

Özim
24-07-2013, 10:34 AM
I hope we sign this guy, if he's a dribbler he could be something quite special. Right now though who knows, is this just another made up story?

server too busy!
24-07-2013, 10:37 AM
I hope we sign this guy, if he's a dribbler he could be something quite special. Right now though who knows, is this just another made up story?

I'd say if he's not here by Friday its a made up story

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 10:40 AM

Not particularly fussed.

Whilst he's not on the Sanogo level of transfers, he is an another unknown pubber albeit Brazilian which is what most are getting excited about

Özim
24-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Not particularly fussed.

Whilst he's not on the Sanogo level of transfers, he is an another unknown pubber albeit Brazilian which is what most are getting excited about
True but skillful Brazilians are always fantastic to watch and quite often become big players, would be exciting to see one developing with us rather than Barca for a change.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 11:25 AM
anyone here rate him?

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Never seen him

server too busy!
25-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Hearing he may actually be signing for Porto :ilt:

LDG
25-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Hearing he may actually be signing for Porto :ilt:

GP was saying something last night about him being third party owned, which we couldn't fuck about with anyway. Hence Porto....

Özim
25-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Great.....

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2013, 08:30 AM
The 20-year-old's representative suggested that his client will leave Minas Gerais following Wednesday's win over Olimpia, though the player himself was not giving anything away
Atletico Mineiro attacker Bernard is set to leave the club following their Copa Libertadores triumph, his agent has hinted.

The likes of Borussia Dortmund and Port have been credited with an interest in the talented 20-year-old, who was part of the Brazil squad that won the Confederations Cup, though speculation has mounted in recent weeks that Arsenal have leaped to the front of the queue for his signature.

The Brazilian side fought back from a 2-0 aggregate deficit to beat Paraguay's Olimpia on penalties in South America's premier club competition on Wednesday, and it now appears Bernard will negotiate a transfer elsewhere.

"Congratulations, Bernard. Double-winner! Confederations Cup, Libertadores... the perfect farewell," Adriano Spadoto posted on Twitter.

Bernard himself was less forthcoming about his chances of a move away from Belo Horizonte, but did suggest that he has achieved everything he set out to with the club.

"I do not know what will happen to me from tomorrow," he said following the victory. "If I stay or not, I have made it clear that I wanted to leave here with a big title, so I have fulfilled my goal, which I promised to fulfil.

"It is up to God to decide if I stay or not, it's up to God and also the presidency, to Alexandre Kalil, to the board."

Atletico Mineiro will now compete in the Club World Cup in December, and it remains to be seen whether Bernard would want to remain with his current side until the January transfer window in order to compete.

Lucas Moura, who agreed a transfer to Paris Saint-Germain last summer, opted to stay with Sao Paulo until December in order to compete in the final of the Copa Sudamericana.

Liverpool and Tottenham have also been closely linked with the wideman, but Arsenal appear to have stolen a march on their rivals, according to the latest rumours in South America and Europe.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/07/25/4141665/-?
Hmm I doubt based on the last eight years God is a Gooner.

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2013, 08:42 AM
so no bernard and suarez for the emirates cup? at least higuain will be there

LDG
25-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Great.....

Dissapointing, but not really our fault. Premier League rules don't permit thrid party owned players (as far as I know).

server too busy!
25-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Well I'd assume if we had bid €21m that would buy the player out of that contract as well.

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Dissapointing, but not really our fault. Premier League rules don't permit thrid party owned players (as far as I know).

its always our fault

LDG
25-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Well I'd assume if we had bid €21m that would buy the player out of that contract as well.

:shrug:

Ask GayPete....

I think he would be an awesome signing.

EDIT: Not GayPete. Bernard.

LDG
25-07-2013, 09:34 AM
its always our fault

Maybe.

Perhaps you should start a thread about it.

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Maybe.

Perhaps you should start a thread about it.
after the andy carol one failed not a chance

Ollie the Optimist

Wasn't tevez third party ownership?

Dicks and chicks
and look how that turned out

LDG
25-07-2013, 09:40 AM

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-win-their-battle-for-a-change-in-thirdparty-rules-7976160.html

Ollie the Optimist
25-07-2013, 09:41 AM
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-win-their-battle-for-a-change-in-thirdparty-rules-7976160.html

Fair enough.

Marc Overmars
25-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Normally the club and 3rd party own a % of the player so we'd need to buy both of them out, that could end up costing a lot more than he's worth as both parties will want to profit from him.

Cripps_orig
25-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Where has all this 3rd party mambo jumbo come from?

All I've read about this player is how we are favourites to sign him. Surely the papers would know about this 3rd party malarkey.

Özim
25-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Yeah that would be the disappointing but like you say if it's the rules. My disappointment is due more to the fact I'd be excited to see a skillful Brazilian at the club, I love the way the top Brazilians dribble and beat players with outrageous bits of skill.

Fist of Lehmann
25-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Given the prevalence of this kind of arrangement in South America, you would have thought we'd have done our homework before getting this far.

So either everything is already in hand, or we've bungled like transfer amateurs.

Grebbo
25-07-2013, 02:06 PM
This lad supposedly played a blinder last night and set up both goals. I'll be quite disappointed if we don't buy him.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Hopefully Gilberto is doing the right thing.

With Atletico Mineiro winning the Copa Libertadores, that's another to add on to the (rather pointless and silly) number of trophies won list by players leaving Arsenal.

LDG
25-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Hopefully Gilberto is doing the right thing.

With Atletico Mineiro winning the Copa Libertadores, that's another to add on to the (rather pointless and silly) number of trophies won list by players leaving Arsenal.

Gilberto :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
25-07-2013, 02:27 PM
This lad supposedly played a blinder last night and set up both goals. I'll be quite disappointed if we don't buy him.

would you really? how much do you know about this player? personally ive never heard of him before the links appeared, and judging by fans reactions on twitter many of them havnt either.

ive never seen him spoken about on here before last week, nor mentioned in the press or other rumour sights before, yet it seems people will moan if they we dont sign him. the vast majority wont have heard of him, yet as soon as links appear people will be pissed off if we dont sign him.

Niall_Quinn
25-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I'll be pretty pissed off if we don't sign this guy!

Is he any good?

Özim
25-07-2013, 02:30 PM
He was hailed as the next big thing after Neymar in Brazil apparently, must be pretty special to be called that, he's a skillful dribbler with vision and he's Brazilian. That's a mouth watering prospect in my book, whenever the possibility of signing a dribbler from Brazil presents itself it's exciting, they've always managed to develop some of the best flair players out there.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't get him too, seems like a player who could get fans out of their seats.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-07-2013, 02:36 PM
I'll be pretty pissed off if we don't sign this guy!

Is he any good?

better than your face.

Ollie the Optimist
25-07-2013, 02:49 PM
He was hailed as the next big thing after Neymar in Brazil apparently, must be pretty special to be called that, he's a skillful dribbler with vision and he's Brazilian. That's a mouth watering prospect in my book, whenever the possibility of signing a dribbler from Brazil presents itself it's exciting, they've always managed to develop some of the best flair players out there.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't get him too, seems like a player who could get fans out of their seats.

when we look at the current brazilian team, no one sticks out, apart from neymar as that skillful or full of flair. you are just using the logic that he is from brazil so must be skillfull because they have had some skillfull players before. suarez is a pretty skillfull player, ignoring his character, he gets people out of their seats at matches because he has skills, is premiership proven yet you are now wanting an unproven brazilan player because he might be skillfull yet you have never seen him before.

server too busy!
25-07-2013, 02:49 PM
To be fair, everyone saying you'll be disappointed if we don't get him etc....who's to say we were ever in for him, look at all the other people we've supposedly been linked with/about to sign and turns out to be shite.

Lets pray to Bergkamp it happens though, as we need a decent winger in our team and it looks like his crossing game is top notch, be perfect for Giroud.

server too busy!
25-07-2013, 02:50 PM
when we look at the current brazilian team, no one sticks out, apart from neymar as that skillful or full of flair. you are just using the logic that he is from brazil so must be skillfull because they have had some skillfull players before. suarez is a pretty skillfull player, ignoring his character, he gets people out of their seats at matches because he has skills, is premiership proven yet you are now wanting an unproven brazilan player because he might be skillfull yet you have never seen him before.

Settle down Ollie, you've just said you've never seen him play so you can't strike him down just as much as Zimm shouldn't big him up.

Özim
25-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Bernard hasn't played much so we can't tell really, but Silva and Mouira are good as well.

Bernard is a dribbler, Brazilians have developed some of the best flair players, Neymar was hailed as special and look at him now, if Bernard is as well he must be pretty good.

Suarez is more of a goalscorer, he's not really a great dribbler different type of player....his dribbling doesn't compare to players like Ronaldinho or Neymar.

I'd be excited at the prospect of seeing Bernard, you might disagree and that's fine but for me it would be exciting to potentially see a skillful Brazilian at the club.

Ollie the Optimist
25-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Bernard hasn't played much so we can't tell really, but Silva and Mouira are good as well.

Bernard is a dribbler, Brazilians have developed some of the best flair players, Neymar was hailed as special and look at him now, if Bernard is as well he must be pretty good.

Suarez is more of a goalscorer, he's not really a great dribbler different type of player....his dribbling doesn't compare to players like Ronaldinho or Neymar.

I'd be excited at the prospect of seeing Bernard, you might disagree and that's fine but for me it would be exciting to potentially see a skillful Brazilian at the club.

he might be a good player, I'm not really aruging that. im just saying that you have moaned for years that we have always gone for the cheap option, tried to buy unproven players and turn them into world class ones instead of signing world class ones and challenging and then as soon as we can buy world class ones, you want us not to do that but instead sign an unproven brazilian because he could potentially be amazing and develop him instead.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-07-2013, 02:56 PM
wish we had signed Neymar :cloud9:

Özim
25-07-2013, 02:59 PM
he might be a good player, I'm not really aruging that. im just saying that you have moaned for years that we have always gone for the cheap option, tried to buy unproven players and turn them into world class ones instead of signing world class ones and challenging and then as soon as we can buy world class ones, you want us not to do that but instead sign an unproven brazilian because he could potentially be amazing and develop him instead.
20 million isn't cheap at all though?

I've always wanted us to strengthen the team, never have I said this should be done by signing one 40-50 million pound player however. That's a lot of money for any club, if we had a strong team then fine, but with our current team 75 million could go a long way to strenghtening several key positions with top quality as well.

As I said I've got no problem with signing Suarez, but if it's at the expense of other signings it's disappointing.

Özim
25-07-2013, 03:00 PM
wish we had signed Neymar :cloud9:
With the numbers being banded about for Suarez me too, for that price we could have go a young player who will be one of the best players around. I don't want us to blow that kind of money on one player, but if you're going to go for the best you can get who's got many years left at the top so you get your money's worth (plus his marketability will mean the earning potential would be huge).

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2013, 03:13 PM
With the numbers being banded about for Suarez me too, for that price we could have go a young player who will be one of the best players around. I don't want us to blow that kind of money on one player, but if you're going to go for the best you can get who's got many years left at the top so you get your money's worth (plus his marketability will mean the earning potential would be huge).

Wouldn't have been realistic, it was mentioned week in week out on Revista that he was unofficially a Barcelona player (and we're talking months and months in advance of him going there).

Niall_Quinn
25-07-2013, 03:18 PM
better than your face.

That good? Sign him up.

server too busy!
25-07-2013, 03:22 PM
If Bernard was having a medical tomorrow, shouldn't he be on his way now?

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Do we have any GW member in Brazil to conduct airport watch for us?

LDG
25-07-2013, 03:25 PM

I vote Elreactor. He's closest.

El :bow:

Kano
25-07-2013, 03:25 PM
medical at napoli. we outsource to a weaker economy now. he's definitely coming, don't worry your little socks.

Ollie the Optimist
25-07-2013, 03:27 PM

hed probably go to japan though wouldnt he? thats where all our medical staff are, and photogrpahers etc.

Fist of Lehmann
25-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Hopefully Dharmesh Sheth has assumed his position.

Niall_Quinn
25-07-2013, 03:29 PM

I don't think the newspapers feel obliged to cover rumours to that level of detail.

LDG
25-07-2013, 03:30 PM
hed probably go to japan though wouldnt he? thats where all our medical staff are, and photogrpahers etc.

What time is 7pm japan time?

Unai Tea
25-07-2013, 03:40 PM
What time is 7pm japan time?

7pm

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Hopefully Dharmesh Sheth has assumed his position.

Don't think the SkyPad will last long over there.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2013, 03:50 PM
I vote Elreactor. He's closest.

El :bow:

He didn't even try to get Higuain here. Shocking.

Özim
25-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Wouldn't have been realistic, it was mentioned week in week out on Revista that he was unofficially a Barcelona player (and we're talking months and months in advance of him going there).
I thought he was going to Real at one point?

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2013, 04:02 PM
I thought he was going to Real at one point?

Nah. It was always Barca, alleged pre-contract agreement and everything.

Grebbo
25-07-2013, 04:46 PM
ESPN Brazil saying he's on his way to us. Probably bullshit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-07-2013, 04:56 PM
In honour of this prospective purchase....it's only fitting to regail you with a Bernard Manning Joke

Quazimodo is being chased down the street by a group of kids he shouts at them "For the last time i haven't got your football!"

Özil's Panoramic View
25-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Hope it's true.

Injury Time
25-07-2013, 05:05 PM
In honour of this prospective purchase....it's only fitting to regail you with a Bernard Manning Joke

Quazimodo is being chased down the street by a group of kids he shouts at them "For the last time i haven't got your football!"

Hope it's true.
No you see Quazi has a humpback not a football :console:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-07-2013, 06:32 PM
how good is this guy?

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2013, 06:41 PM
how good is this guy?

quite good

my only worry is will he end up like other brazlians who have flopped in europe

Jo flopped after his 23 mil transfer

Özim
25-07-2013, 08:46 PM
ESPN Brazil saying he's on his way to us. Probably bullshit
Please let this be true :pray:

Munchies
25-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't know what can happen with me, but if I leave, I know I will have done my job," he told Sportv.

"I have said a thousand times that I want to stay, but it doesn't depend on me now.

"I made it clear that, if I stay or not, I wanted to leave here with an important title. It's up to God to decide if I stay or not, up to God, [Atletico Mineiro's] presidency and the board."

Bernard added: "I am very happy and I want to celebrate this title, which is one of the most important ones I will have in my life.

"I'll keep working until the board decides something about the transfer. There are offers from English football, Shakhtar and Porto.

"I don't have anything to say about the fans. If I could, I would stay here the rest of my life."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8839740/transfer-news-bernard-in-dark-over-future-as-arsenal-speculation-continues

Nice to see that for a change

Munchies
25-07-2013, 09:16 PM
And compulsory Youtube Scouting Vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hGYGmrwlUQ

Doesn't look that good tbf

Özil's Panoramic View
25-07-2013, 09:36 PM
And compulsory Youtube Scouting Vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hGYGmrwlUQ

Doesn't look that good tbf

Looks like a must get, tbh.

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Looks like a must get, tbh.

your mum was a must get when she was 25

Injury Time
26-07-2013, 05:29 AM
I don't know what can happen with me, but if I leave, I know I will have done my job," he told Sportv.

"I have said a thousand times that I want to stay, but it doesn't depend on me now.

"I made it clear that, if I stay or not, I wanted to leave here with an important title. It's up to God to decide if I stay or not, up to God, [Atletico Mineiro's] presidency and the board."

Bernard added: "I am very happy and I want to celebrate this title, which is one of the most important ones I will have in my life.

"I'll keep working until the board decides something about the transfer. There are offers from English football, Shakhtar and Porto.

"I don't have anything to say about the fans. If I could, I would stay here the rest of my life."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8839740/transfer-news-bernard-in-dark-over-future-as-arsenal-speculation-continues

Nice to see that for a change
What is the change? He's bigging up his club and then fucking off as though he has no control over where he signs next (unless the Chavs have kidnapped his family) :shrug:
Guess if he joins us he can tell the squad what silverware feels like :good:

Munchies
26-07-2013, 07:42 AM
What is the change? He's bigging up his club and then fucking off as though he has no control over where he signs next (unless the Chavs have kidnapped his family) :shrug:
Guess if he joins us he can tell the squad what silverware feels like :good:

:haha:

Guess you're right haha

I_Killed_Kenny
26-07-2013, 08:56 AM
have we signed him yet? is he having a medical with higuain?

Munchies
26-07-2013, 09:02 AM
have we signed him yet? is he having a medical with higuain?

Yes, we're sending them off to Napoli to do their medicals, cheaper flights and all. :coffee:

I_Killed_Kenny
26-07-2013, 09:06 AM
excellent, cut the middle man (us) out. not even a stepping club now lol

Munchies
26-07-2013, 09:10 AM
:lol: Pretty much

Here's a pic of Napoli with Higuain, it all went fine, we'll see him unveiled at the Emirates during the Emirates cup

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP-QSpoCMAAMVS6.jpg

Grebbo
26-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Benitez has been on a diet! A bit cruel to put that giant cake in front of him

I_Killed_Kenny
26-07-2013, 09:24 AM
is that higgys signing on fee? we pay in cake!

LDG
Benitez has been on a diet! A bit cruel to put that giant cake in front of him

I see he likes a game of darts.

LDG
Also, what's Alan Sugar doing there?

1-1 at Newcastle Alan!

Munchies
26-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Also, what's Alan Sugar doing there?

1-1 at Newcastle Alan!

Fucking lol'd , he does look like him

McNamara That Ghost...
26-07-2013, 03:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hmi7pG6.jpg

LDG
26-07-2013, 03:06 PM
:haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
26-07-2013, 03:14 PM
So is this Bernard thing another Twitter fantasy or have we signed him yet?

Dicks and chicks
26-07-2013, 03:40 PM
So is this Bernard thing another Twitter fantasy or have we signed him yet?

you know we havent signed him why ask the question?

GP
26-07-2013, 04:03 PM
N_Q just got owned by Charlie's Syrian cousin.

Niall_Quinn
26-07-2013, 04:41 PM
And if there's one thing I hate it's Syrian cousins. Actually I don't mind cousins.

GP
26-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Syrians :haha:

Grebbo
27-07-2013, 01:30 PM
From a Spurs forum:

Bernard's father has been quoted in Brazilian press denying he is joining Arsenal and said Porto is his preferred destination

@BrazilStats: O Jogo cover: 'BERNARD WANTS TO PLAY FOR FC PORTO'.

@BrazilStats: BREAKING - D.Duarte (Bernard dad): "Hulk has convinced Bernard that Porto move would be better for him at this stage of his career" [O Jogo]

@BrazilStats: BREAKING - D.Duarte (Bernard dad): "Arsenal? We know there interest, but there is nothing official. At Porto, it's better for his career."

@BrazilStats: BREAKING - D.Duarte (Bernard's dad): "It will be a dream to see my son play at do Dragão." #AFC #Porto

Özim
27-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Another one that's BS, good to know.

We're just paying some guy to put there stories out there aren't we?

Ralpheroo72
27-07-2013, 01:35 PM
We may just underbid for everyone, just so we can appear to be proactive. There will be no signings, as Wumger said we can win the title with or without signings.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-07-2013, 01:47 PM
He could be as accurate as Higuain's dad tbf.

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Sounds like Higuain wanted to come here but our reverse charge phone calls got expensive for him. Even more expensive in Brazil. We are entirely out of touch with the current transfer market, that's all. Whether it's a good or a bad thing to be out of touch with utter insanity is debatable.

Ollie the Optimist
27-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Another one that's BS, good to know.

We're just paying some guy to put there stories out there aren't we?

:lol: you'd never seen him play a week ago and now you are pissed off the club hasnt signed him. impressive

Ollie the Optimist
27-07-2013, 02:03 PM
From a Spurs forum:

i wouldnt take advice from Hulk. he went to zenit (or some other russian club) so hardly a great career path to follow

and hes shit :coffee:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-07-2013, 02:44 PM
i wouldnt take advice from Hulk. he went to zenit (or some other russian club) so hardly a great career path to follow

and hes shit :coffee:

I suppose no language barrier in Portugal plus isn't it easier to get a work permit to play there or Spain

mastermind84
27-07-2013, 03:42 PM
He could be as accurate as Higuain's dad tbf.

or Cavani's

Dicks and chicks
27-07-2013, 04:59 PM
I blame the GW mod team for allowing threads like these to remain open with no truth surrounding them

Özim
27-07-2013, 06:12 PM
:lol: you'd never seen him play a week ago and now you are pissed off the club hasnt signed him. impressive
Yup, as I've said countless times I've wanted to see a skillful Brazilian in an Arsenal shirt for years. Clearly you don't read.

Grebbo
27-07-2013, 07:42 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/130727/vickery-bernard’s-arsenal-move-set-january-202547

talkSPORT’s South American football expert Tim Vickery joins Neil Ashton to share his thoughts on all the latest transfer news from Brazil.
Vickery believes Arsenal will sign Brazilian starlet Bernard – but adds that the move may not happen until January.
He explains the 20-year-old's current club Brazilian outfit Atletico Mineiro aim to keep hold of the forward until the next transfer window in order for him to play in the upcoming Club World Cup campaign.
Vickery also shares his thoughts on 18-year-old Botafogo defender and Brazil Under-20 captain, Doria, who Chelsea are thought to be chasing.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Tim Vickery. :bow:

I'd believe him if he told me I lived in Botswana.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Atletico Mineiro say that Brazil international Bernard can leave if they are offered at least 25 million Euros.

The 20-year-old, strongly linked with Arsenal, has previously claimed that Porto and Shakhtar Donetsk have already made offers for his signature.

Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund are also reported to have shown past interest in the winger, who recently helped his club clinch the Copa Libertadores with a penalty win over Olimpia of Paraguay.

But, despite some reports claiming Bernard was on the cusp of a medical with Arsenal, Atletico Mineiro's director of football Eduardo Maluf says the offer they would require has yet to be received.

"The president has made it clear that if there is a 25m Euros (£22m) offer, he will sell Bernard and we will sign another player," Maluf declared.

"Otherwise Bernard stays. He is young and can leave at the end of the year.

"Arsenal have denied the Bernard rumour. He is the great player of the moment."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8841461/transfer-news-arsenal-target-bernard-can-go-for-right-price-say-atletico-mineiro

Odd move to announce exactly what price he would be sold for. Hides any doubt though I suppose. :unsure:

Özim
27-07-2013, 08:32 PM
If we bid £20,000,001 can we talk to him at least?

LDG
27-07-2013, 08:38 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Özim
27-07-2013, 08:48 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNHRONqCAB8

mastermind84
28-07-2013, 02:54 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/130727/vickery-bernard’s-arsenal-move-set-january-202547

listen to the interview. he doesnt say that.

Injury Time
28-07-2013, 07:41 AM

Not until they run a CRB check, which takes weeks, then they get WUMgers result...so no we can't talk to him:rose:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-07-2013, 09:34 AM

lolz lmao rofl leol lol haha hehe hoho

Grebbo
01-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Atlético Mineiro president Alexandre Kalil has revealed that both Tottenham and Arsenal failed to follow up on their interest in highly-rated attacker Bernard.

Bernard has been the subject of intense speculation in recent weeks as the Brazilian was linked with moves to Shakhtar Donetsk and FC Porto as well as the Premier League.

In recent days, Kalil revealed that Shakhtar were the only club with a bid accepted although there are reports that Porto have moved to seal a deal.

But now the eccentric chief has quashed rumours of any deal being agreed with either Tottenham or Arsenal.

"Tottenham made an offer of €18 million for Bernard but they withdrew. Arsenal told us that they would bid but never did so. So what we have now is a €25m bid from Shakhtar," Kalil told Radio Itatiaia.

This now leaves Bernard with only one destination in mind, but his father went public recently with a desire to see his son at Porto.

So we didn't even bid for this player

LDG
01-08-2013, 04:29 PM
"We will make a bid in due course........"

"Tottenham made an offer of €18 million for Bernard but they withdrew. Arsenal told us that they would bid but never did so. So what we have now is a €25m bid from Shakhtar," Kalil told Radio Itatiaia"

"Do they not know of the waiting period?"

:tumbleweed:

Marc Overmars
01-08-2013, 04:29 PM
We might as well pack up and go home.

Cripps_orig
06-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Bernard denies Shakhtar Donetsk agreement as failed bids from Arsenal and Tottenham are revealed

The Brazil international midfielder is expected to leave Atletico Mineiro for Europe this summer but the Ukrainian champions are the only club to meet his asking price

Bernard has insisted a deal with Shakhtar Donetsk has not been agreed despite them being the only club to meet Atletico Mineiro's asking price for the attacker.

The 20-year-old is widely expected to complete a move to Europe this summer and the Ukrainian champions had a €25.4 million bid accepted last week.

Bernard is now set to visit Donetsk but insists nothing is official, after his father revealed the midfielder has set his heart on a move to Porto.

"It's just a visit, there won't be any medical," Bernard told TV Alterosa. "Nothing is certain and I won't sign any documents.

"I made it clear to them that I would only visit so that I could see their facilities."

The Brazil international has previously been linked with a switch to England, with Tottenham and Arsenal strongly interested.

However, Atletico president Alexandre Kalil has revealed both Premier League sides failed with their bids and that Shakhtar are the only side to have met his asking price.

"Tottenham made an offer of €18 million [£15.7m] for Bernard, but they withdrew," he told Radio Itatiaia.

"Arsenal told us that they would bid, but never did. So what we have now is a €25m [£21.8m] bid from Shakhtar."

Bernard has repeatedly stated he will not rush his decision and wants to move to a club where he will be able to play his way into the Brazil squad for next summer's World Cup.

-Xs-
06-08-2013, 02:09 AM
So we didn't even bid for this player

It's our new strategy - fail to even launch a bid and then complain when he doesn't join us or goes somewhere else. "The market is crazy" Classic Wenfer

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 08:49 AM
So this player is clearly available if we want him.

We must just not want him.

Özim
06-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Yeah because if we actually bid for him we'd probably get him and would then have to pay for him.

Plus we're after a few unknown 27 year olds and that's taking up all our time.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Tbh there must be a reason why no top clubs want him.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Most of them have already spent all they can afford to spend, without selling.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Most of them have already spent all they can afford to spend, without selling.

Well I'm not sure about that. Man Utd haven't spent anything and the Oil clubs don't have budgets.

Ollie the Optimist
06-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Well I'm not sure about that. Man Utd haven't spent anything and the Oil clubs don't have budgets.

True united haven't spent. They've just spent all summer chasing fabregas while he ignores them. It's funny to watch

Özim
06-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Tbh there must be a reason why no top clubs want him.
He's not a priority for anyone at the moment most top clubs had their targets and spent their money on them. We've signed noone and other than the pipedream signing have noone lined up.

Would like to see him here personally.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 09:23 AM

Even PSG have sold players this summer (like Gameiro for instance). I don't think they nor Monaco will be buying any more, Barca can only really justify getting a defender, Citeh have already spent near £100 million, Real Madrid are tied up with getting Bale for whatever ludicrous sum it will end up being and Chelsea are trying to get Rooney.

It's about us and Man Utd who have done minimum business out of those that seemingly have a lot to be able to spend.

Ollie the Optimist
06-08-2013, 09:28 AM
It's our new strategy - fail to even launch a bid and then complain when he doesn't join us or goes somewhere else. "The market is crazy" Classic Wenfer

It's not like that at all. These rumours came out of nowhere, wenger said they are bollocks. Turns out to be the case. He won't blame the market or whatever because its quite clear we were never interested anyway, or if we were, only minimal interest.

This smacks of agents using our name to ramp up price for others amd get themselves a big lay day

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Even PSG have sold players this summer (like Gameiro for instance). I don't think they nor Monaco will be buying any more, Barca can only really justify getting a defender, Citeh have already spent near £100 million, Real Madrid are tied up with getting Bale for whatever ludicrous sum it will end up being and Chelsea are trying to get Rooney.

None of that matters. If this kid is regarded as the next big thing then the top clubs would sign him regardless of squad size and price.

Monaco are considering Nani for £14m, an extra bit of pocket change and they can have Bernard.

All I'm saying is the only clubs that have bid for Bernard are Tottenham and Shaktar and I think that tells us a bit about the player.

I'd still like us to sign him but that's more because I'm desperate for signings rather than thinking this kid is going to be a world beater.

Özim
06-08-2013, 09:31 AM
It's not like that at all. These rumours came out of nowhere, wenger said they are bollocks. Turns out to be the case. He won't blame the market or whatever because its quite clear we were never interested anyway, or if we were, only minimal interest.

This smacks of agents using our name to ramp up price for others amd get themselves a big lay day

The president said we told them we were going to make a bid, that's nothing to do with agents.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 09:32 AM
The president said we told them we were going to make a bid, that's nothing to do with agents.

Presidents also talk lots of shit.

Özim
06-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Presidents also talk lots of shit.
Perhaps but why would he come out and say Spurs have dropped out, we said we'd bid and didn't and Shaktar are the only club who have an offer on the table. It's hardly going to drive up the price.

Ollie the Optimist
06-08-2013, 09:33 AM

Swap agent for president then. Point still stands

Özim
06-08-2013, 09:34 AM
None of that matters. If this kid is regarded as the next big thing then the top clubs would sign him regardless of squad size and price.

Monaco are considering Nani for £14m, an extra bit of pocket change and they can have Bernard.

All I'm saying is the only clubs that have bid for Bernard are Tottenham and Shaktar and I think that tells us a bit about the player.

I'd still like us to sign him but that's more because I'm desperate for signings rather than thinking this kid is going to be a world beater.

Why aren't they buying Rooney or Suarez if price is no issue then?

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Of course it matters, if there are players more highly rated than this guy currently on the market and by the sounds of it, you think there are (talking about PSG, Monaco and Citeh here), well why aren't they trying to get them?

Tottenham ended up being the ones getting Bale, guess that shows his lack of talent too. It's so close minded to think, only a player is going to be any good if only the elite clubs get them - those clubs make mistakes too, or rather, they've already made their moves. They can't buy everyone and it's crazy to think they can.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Why aren't they buying Rooney or Suarez if price is no issue then?

I doubt Rooney would go abroad, Chelsea are trying to buy him. Plus there's still a month of the window remaining so there's still time for bids.

Suarez wants Champs Lge so that rules out Monaco. I also reckon other clubs are watching our situation and might enter the race for Suarez once it looks like Liverpool will sell.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Of course it matters, if there are players more highly rated than this guy currently on the market and by the sounds of it, you think there are (talking about PSG, Monaco and Citeh here), well why aren't they trying to get them?

Tottenham ended up being the ones getting Bale, guess that shows his lack of talent too. It's so close minded to think, only a player is going to be any good if only the elite clubs get them - those clubs make mistakes too, or rather, they've already made their moves. They can't buy everyone and it's crazy to think they can.

I am surprised that zero top clubs have bid for this player as he's supposedly the next big thing and is for sale. You're not. We disagree so no point just going back and forth.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 09:47 AM
I am surprised that zero top clubs have bid for this player as he's supposedly the next big thing and is for sale. You're not. We disagree so no point just going back and forth.

There's never any point in any debate then. Sounds great for the forum!

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 09:53 AM
£20m is a little steep don't you think? Is he that good?

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Can't really say.

Three things though:
a) Tim Vickery said he and Ronaldinho together were devastating and the reason they went on to win the Copa Libertadores
b) his transfer would be clouded by how much it would take to rid third party ownership and
c) I don't know if £20 million for potential is now that extortionate based on all other transfer sums as it stands.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 09:58 AM
There's never any point in any debate then. Sounds great for the forum!

But we've debated. If we just keep going back and forth making the same argument then this thread will turn into every other thread in this form.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 09:59 AM
But we've debated. If we just keep going back and forth making the same argument then this thread will turn into every other thread in this form.

I was just warming up!

Gooner23
06-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Which is just fantastic for the neutral!

Lost count of how many threads have been turned into a never ending bickering match.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 10:00 AM
I was just warming up!

Pervert

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 10:04 AM
£20m is a little steep don't you think? Is he that good?

Not a single top club has bid for him. Says a lot.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Theo :doh:

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Not a single top club has bid for him. Says a lot.

But it doesn't say it all. We're the only club in for Suarez. I wouldn't judge based on that.

Cripps_orig
06-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah I never go by the "no top club wants him" to judge a player

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 10:49 AM
But it doesn't say it all. We're the only club in for Suarez. I wouldn't judge based on that.

No point going back and forth. You asked a question and I answered it.

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 10:54 AM
No point going back and forth. You asked a question and I answered it.

I was hoping to find out more from someone whose actually watched him play.

Power n Glory
06-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Can't really say.

Three things though:
a) Tim Vickery said he and Ronaldinho together were devastating and the reason they went on to win the Copa Libertadores
b) his transfer would be clouded by how much it would take to rid third party ownership and
c) I don't know if £20 million for potential is now that extortionate based on all other transfer sums as it stands.

Third party ownership? Could explain why we never made a bid.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 11:01 AM

Tevez all over again, who needs that?

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 11:25 AM

Yeah I am not sure it has been mentioned in the media how his works though, bit like Falcao's that was a mystery too. Something shady, probably.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah I am not sure it has been mentioned in the media how his works though, bit like Falcao's that was a mystery too. Something shady, probably.

Would have to be shady or else it wouldn't be sanctioned by FIFA.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 12:32 PM
http://instagram.com/p/cpITDMsMV5/#

He's on his way to London according to this. :lol:

:popcorn:

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 12:32 PM
He's now arrived in London

http://instagram.com/p/cq2ZbZvUCO/#

Marc Overmars
06-08-2013, 12:34 PM
To sign for Sperz.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Are they signing all six of them?

Özim
06-08-2013, 12:37 PM
He's now signed for Chelsea:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8855484/transfer-news-chelsea-sign-bernard-for-21million (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jOP4P-efc)

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Glory-Glory (well one out of one) reckons he is joining us. :lol:

Depressed football fans. :bow:

Cripps_orig
06-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Another unknown kid

Yay

Tbf don't really mind this pubber so much. Never seen him play bar 2 seconds this summer for brazil but heard enough about him to suggest he's the next big thing

Özim
06-08-2013, 12:42 PM
As long as it's not pub teamers like that Romanian or Morrocan bloke and it is players at a higher level that's fine with me.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 12:43 PM
It's at Park Lane? Hmm maybe he is just doing the Monopoly drinking game.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Imagine paying for a business class seat and having to sit next to those bunch of chebs.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 08:22 PM
His latest photo is of him on a plane to Shaktar

http://instagram.com/bernard_duarte

Awesome private jet

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2013, 08:29 PM
He's there to visit the facilities apparently. Bit odd.

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 08:31 PM
I hope Suarez comes to see our facilities.

Marc Overmars
06-08-2013, 08:32 PM
It's like a student going on university open days.

Master Splinter
06-08-2013, 08:35 PM
It's like a student going on university open days.

In private jets?

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-08-2013, 08:36 PM
That carpet looks like it's from a 1970s lounge.

Grebbo
06-08-2013, 08:37 PM
We signed Ramsey by sending him on a private jet to meet Wenger

:sarcy:

LDG
06-08-2013, 08:39 PM
In private jets?

WMUG :bow:

GP
06-08-2013, 09:35 PM
That carpet looks like it's from a 1970s lounge.

Yeah, my jet is much more tasteful.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Officially signed for Shakhtar. They sure like their Brazilians there.

On to Other Football this will go. :bow:

LDG
08-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Officially signed for Shakhtar. They sure like their Brazilians there.

On to Other Football this will go. :bow:

Cock. Was actually quite excited about that one for a while.

I hate Wengetfer :(

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 09:52 AM
http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27889

Us saying we'll make offers but never bother. :bow:

Marc Overmars
08-08-2013, 09:53 AM
I think it's best we don't start threads for individual players anymore, until they've actually signed. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 09:53 AM
I think I concur. Makes the other sections look busier though. :ninja:

Grebbo
08-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Be interesting to see how he develops.

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2013, 09:59 AM
I hadn't heard of him before this window, and being Brazilian so therefore you must be skilful isn't a good enough reason to spend 25 million on him.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2013, 10:07 AM
The Brazilians at Shakhtar don't really amount to much tbh, they never seem to end up at an elite club.

GP
08-08-2013, 10:12 AM
He's dead to me.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I think it's best we don't start threads for individual players anymore, until they've actually signed. :lol:

Agreed, no more player threads ever.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2013, 10:54 AM
The Brazilians at Shakhtar don't really amount to much tbh, they never seem to end up at an elite club.

http://content.mcfc.co.uk//~/media/Images/Shared/Players/Players1314/First%20team/fernandinho.ashx?mh=700&mw=800

You are generally right though, it helps they can earn a lot of money there I imagine.