PDA

View Full Version : If we don't get Suarez, who else is there?

server too busy!
24-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I know the doom mongers are going to repeat the broken record about yachts and bidding 50p on strikers etc. But honestly, who else is there out there at the moment that could strengthen us up front on the same level or similar to Suarez? All the ones I can't think of have gone or will be going.

LDG
24-07-2013, 03:11 PM
There are many clubs with a lot of money and competition is very hard.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Doom mongers? 8 years fucking around and now another transfer window fucking around? More like the wide awake and smelling the coffee mongers. There's no Suarez, but you ask a good question. Who? Rooney? Just as ridiculous as this Suarez farce. Some unknown freebie shite from Morocco I would guess.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Doom mongers? 8 years fucking around and now another transfer window fucking around? More like the wide awake and smelling the coffee mongers. There's no Suarez, but you ask a good question. Who? Rooney? Just as ridiculous as this Suarez farce. Some unknown freebie shite from Morocco I would guess.

Well Chamakh will be like a new signing... I know how you like him.

Soldado, I guess.

fakeyank
We got Sanogo bitches!

Özim
wide awake and smelling the coffee mongers.
Hey no, you made that up! :angry:

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 03:14 PM

Can you not have a word with Rodgers and ask if he's interested? We'll pay the wages and even the bus fare to get him up to you.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 03:15 PM
We got Sanogo bitches!

Never miss an opportunity to kick us when we are down, do you?

Özim
24-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Soldado, I guess.
Pancho from Dirty Sanchez, he's small, Welsh and drinks beer.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Can you not have a word with Rodgers and ask if he's interested? We'll pay the wages and even the bus fare to get him up to you.

You mean he hasn't got a bus fare clause allowing him to speak to other clubs about his bus fare?

Amateurs.

Özim
24-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Hopefully there's noone else, that way when the deal for Suarez does eventually go pearshaped we'll have a ready made excuse.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Hopefully there's noone else, that way when the deal for Suarez does eventually go pearshaped we'll have a ready made excuse.

That we didn't want to blow our entire budget on one player? Decent excuse that, used by some already as to why we shouldn't sign Suarez

Özim
24-07-2013, 03:23 PM
That we didn't want to blow our entire budget on one player? Decent excuse that, used by some already as to why we shouldn't sign Suarez
No that there's noone good enough to sign, but we tried very hard all summer but clubs had unrealistic valuations :crying:

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 03:25 PM
I can't think of many other options tbh, Suarez is the best available.

Surely Dortmund have to sell Lewandowski because he's on a free next summer isn't he? A £40m bid for him wold probably be accepted.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Only people who count is/ are the shareholder(s), this has been a stitch up from the day the season ended. Suarez will definitely not be coming here, you can take that to the bank just like the latest round of cash that will be stashed away in Kroenke's bank (which used to be our football club). It may take until September 2nd for some to figure out what's happening here and that's fine because I don't want to believe it myself. But I hope we all get together to give them merry fucking hell come September 3. Cheer for the team (they'll need it) and throw shit at that bastard yank thief and his henchmen at every opportunity.

Özim
24-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Lewandowski is on his way to Bayern next summer apparently.

LDG
24-07-2013, 03:29 PM
You mean he hasn't got a bus fare clause allowing him to speak to other clubs about his bus fare?

Amateurs.

Arsene Wenger has stated the bid of £40 million plus £1 for Suarez isn't true. The extra £1 was in fact for Stuart Downing

fakeyank
24-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Never miss an opportunity to kick us when we are down, do you?

Who said we are down? We are 2% away from domination..

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Who said we are down? We are 2% away from domination..

Good point, I had forgotten about that over the last 8 years.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Arsene Wenger has stated the bid of £40 million plus £1 for Suarez isn't true. The extra £1 was in fact for Stuart Downing

FFS First we underbid on Suarez and now we throw crazy money around for Downing.

Marc Overmars
24-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I would mind if we turned our attentions to Soldado but he could well be a Spud soon anyway. Not sure really who's out there, the ones available have all made their moves and Rooney will go to Chelsea if he does leave.

Lewandowski maybe? Although I don't see Dortmund selling.

In truth, we probably won't buy a striker if this Suarez raid doesn't come off.

fakeyank
24-07-2013, 03:42 PM
I'd gladly take Dzeko for 20-25 million quid than throw this kinda money on Suarez.

GP
24-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Dzeko is shit.

LDG
24-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Dzeko is shit.

:gp:

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Ibrahimovic wont be getting much game time with Cavani's arrival. We could offer him another trial?

LDG
24-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Cheeky bid for Lukaku?

Niall_Quinn
Let's get back on topic. Has Bendtner gone yet?

Grebbo
Cheeky bid for Lukaku?

Fuck off

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 03:46 PM
I can't think of many other options tbh, Suarez is the best available.

Surely Dortmund have to sell Lewandowski because he's on a free next summer isn't he? A £40m bid for him wold probably be accepted.

he WANTS to go to bayern

LDG
24-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Fuck off

Is that a "no" or a "maybe"?

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 03:48 PM
he WANTS to go to bayern

Suarez wants to go to Madrid.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 03:49 PM
I'd gladly take Dzeko for 20-25 million quid than throw this kinda money on Suarez.

Wouldn't mind. Quality striker

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Suarez wants to go to Madrid.

bayern expressed interest in signing lewandowski, real want bale end of story

server too busy!
24-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Lewandowski already has a pre contract agreement with Bayern. Never seen Soldado play, is he actually any good? Torres maybe if Rooney moves there? Ibrahimovic could be a good shout but just don't see it.

Kano
24-07-2013, 04:04 PM
I would mind if we turned our attentions to Soldado but he could well be a Spud soon anyway. Not sure really who's out there, the ones available have all made their moves and Rooney will go to Chelsea if he does leave.

Lewandowski maybe? Although I don't see Dortmund selling.

In truth, we probably won't buy a striker if this Suarez raid doesn't come off.
there's an agreement in place for lewandowski to go to bayern next summer. defo not happening this time round.

Munchies
24-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Cisse from Newcastle ?

Could get him for £8m or so seeing as he wants out

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Cisse from Newcastle ?

Could get him for £8m or so seeing as he wants out

Good player but we need better

I_Killed_Kenny
24-07-2013, 04:15 PM
jelavic from everton? jackson martinez from porto.

hows damioa doing at spurs, can we buy him from them?

not as a starter but that guidetti lad from city is meant to be pretty decent by all accounts.

what about smashing the record fee for hulk?

Fist of Lehmann
24-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Who was that twat that Napoli said they wanted instead of Higuain?

Leandro Damiao?

Now that they're in for the Argentine maybe this twat is free. No idea if he's any good or not.

Master Splinter
24-07-2013, 04:17 PM
It will probably be Lacina Traore or someone similarly raw and under-the-radar (like Adebayor/Eduardo) if we don't get Suarez. Back to the tried and tested.

Or alternatively, improve the attacking midfield/winger options to compensate.

But do not forget we have also Chuba. Seriously, don't forget. He's awesome.

LDG
24-07-2013, 04:20 PM
It will probably be Lacina Traore or someone similarly raw and under-the-radar (like Adebayor/Eduardo) if we don't get Suarez. Back to the tried and tested.

Spot on tbf.

We get goals all over the place. What we need is a game changer, someone who can get something out of nothing. Doesn't have to be a striker.

Fist of Lehmann
24-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Buying a winger in Bernard seems to point to a more central role for Podolski.

Or maybe £21m is just how much it takes to replace Gervinho.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Who was that twat that Napoli said they wanted instead of Higuain?

Leandro Damiao?

Now that they're in for the Argentine maybe this twat is free. No idea if he's any good or not.

Whether he's good or not isn't as important as him being free. If you can confirm he's free we should definitely go for him. Although if he's free then why haven't we already signed him? That's a bit of a worry.

Özim
24-07-2013, 04:24 PM

Who is Chuba?

LDG
24-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Who is Chuba?

Akpom.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Spot on tbf.

We get goals all over the place. What we need is a game changer, someone who can get something out of nothing. Doesn't have to be a striker.

Bendtner can get something out of nothing.

Özim
24-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Akpom.
:lol: he looks about 12

http://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/chuba-akpom

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Who is Chuba?

lmao

Özim
24-07-2013, 04:29 PM
There's a story about Rosicky on there called "Rosicky - I have never felt hungrier", why is that, Arshavin has left now?

Fist of Lehmann
24-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Whether he's good or not isn't as important as him being free. If you can confirm he's free we should definitely go for him. Although if he's free then why haven't we already signed him? That's a bit of a worry.

He wanted wage parity with Bendtner. Then Dick Law shit his pants. Although that was separate unrelated incident.

Xhaka Can’t
24-07-2013, 07:21 PM
I know the doom mongers are going to repeat the broken record about yachts and bidding 50p on strikers etc. But honestly, who else is there out there at the moment that could strengthen us up front on the same level or similar to Suarez? All the ones I can't think of have gone or will be going.

There is a broken record alright.

It has been playing the same tune for 8 years now.