PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Galatasaray.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-08-2013, 05:09 PM
We well and truly got Didsed.

It's getting a bit tiresome watching most of our players try to do everything by running at a 100mph straight in to a brick wall.

Bring back the footballers WUMger.

Ollie the Optimist
04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
defence was a shambles for second goal. but then again it wasnt our first choice defence but they need to improve.

im not even going to count the frist goal. it was such an attricious dive

Niall_Quinn
04-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Most of our players are show ponies. They've been drilled in every aspect of ineffective football. Gala bring on two genuine top quality players and they win it. Our freebie signing wasn't awful but he will have precisely zero impact on the outcome of the season. Just like the statue Giroud.

Cheapskate policies have been shown up for almost a decade and they'll be shown up again this season.

Joker
04-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Result doesn't particularly matter but today just reinforced that we desperately need signings to be competitive next season. Defensively we need another centre half, especially if Wenger doesn't trust Miguel in that position. Might do some good to get a left back as well, especially if Monreal is out for a while. The way Miguel got done by Drogba down the flank was worrying. That's without mentioning the need for a central midfielder, a wide attacking player to replace Gervinho and obviously a striker.

Niall_Quinn
04-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Result doesn't particularly matter but today just reinforced that we desperately need signings to be competitive next season. Defensively we need another centre half, especially if Wenger doesn't trust Miguel in that position. Might do some good to get a left back as well, especially if Monreal is out for a while. The way Miguel got done by Drogba down the flank was worrying. That's without mentioning the need for a central midfielder, a wide attacking player to replace Gervinho and obviously a striker.

We have sanogo who can also play in all those positions.

Joker
04-08-2013, 05:19 PM
We well and truly got Didsed.

It's getting a bit tiresome watching most of our players try to do everything by running at a 100mph straight in to a brick wall.

Bring back the footballers WUMger.

I noticed the 2nd point as well. Oxlade was particularly guilty of it. Against quality European teams we need more nous to break them down rather than employing the bulldozer tactic. This is why I wouldn't mind another creative body in midfield potentially.

Niall_Quinn
04-08-2013, 05:23 PM
David James being an utter cock on the pens.

Niall_Quinn
04-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Is James going to chin someone? He's certainly having a bit of a sulk.

Munchies
04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Not going to lie, I feel slightly happy that we lost today . Rather it happen now, then before the season starts and the transfer window shuts.

Master Splinter
04-08-2013, 05:29 PM
The GHELball should be good for a few extra points in the PL, at least..

Sanogo looked decent. Ramsey has been good in pre-season.

Ox and Theo really poor.

Dids :bow:. Sign him up.

And yes, sign some other fucking players as well.

Niall_Quinn
04-08-2013, 05:33 PM
James reckons Ox was 2 mins away from being MOTM.

Fact check. Ox was shite today.

Özim
04-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Don't worry we're in with a good shout of the title even without signings :lol:

Marc Overmars
04-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Haven't seen any of this shite.

Dids. :bow:

Arsenal. :lol:

Sign some fucking players.

Özim
04-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Drogba has been tormenting Wenger for years (just like Mourinho), doesn't matter who he puts out Drogba gets the better of them. But then Wenger really doesn't know an awful lot about defending if we're honest.

Still just shows what having quality players can do, they win you matches even when the odds are against you.

These results are a good thing though, Wenger was getting a bit cocky after beating some pub teams in Asia by a few goals.

Munchies
04-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Senderos used to get fucked by Drogba.

Merts aswell :lol:

Should sign him tbf

Joker
04-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Drogba has been tormenting Wenger for years (just like Mourinho), doesn't matter who he puts out Drogba gets the better of them. But then Wenger really doesn't know an awful lot about defending if we're honest.

Still just shows what having quality players can do, they win you matches even when the odds are against you.

These results are a good thing though, Wenger was getting a bit cocky after beating some pub teams in Asia by a few goals.

Yep all it highlights is that we're seriously short in terms of both squad numbers and quality. I'd say we need at least 5 players (a centre half, a defensive central midfielder, an attacking wide midfielder, a striker and a left back). If Wenger doesn't do what's required it's going to be another disappointing season.

Munchies
04-08-2013, 05:46 PM
http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

12 days to go

gunnerrrrr
04-08-2013, 06:23 PM
For anyone who watched or was there, how did the crow react at the end?

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-08-2013, 06:23 PM

Kaww Kaww Kaww.

It was murder.

Xhaka Can’t
04-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Kaww Kaww Kaww.

It was murder.

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
04-08-2013, 06:44 PM

There must have been a fire drill because 70% of the stadium was empty within seconds. Shame it wasn't 70% empty at kick off.

Ollie the Optimist
04-08-2013, 06:52 PM
i dont know how much you actually torment someone if you come on and just fall over in the box to win a penalty.

second goal was very good, but the defence at that time was jenkinson, sagna, merts and miquel. not first team by anymeans. yes they should have done better with his second goal. and saying that he does when it the odds are against him. it was the emirates cup ffs.

in the first half we were teh better team, theo missed an absoulte sitter after a beautiful pass by ramsey. if he scored that, and we got the stonewall penalty on ox, then drogba wouldnt have done anything. there are things we need to improve, i wouldnt say we need a new lB. both gibbs and monreal are fine. arteta and ramsey work well together like they did at end of last season. we need another CB for cover, a world class striker, and a cesc fabregas type in the middle.

Cripps_orig
04-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Just got back.

Great day, entertaining match, great goals, really pleased and then the arsenal match started and it was all downhill from there.

If Wenger or anyone else thinks this squad is good enough for the title, they are the biggest idiot on gods green earth. We can't even win our own cup.

Was my first and hopefully last look at Sanogo. Very poor. Arteta, oh dear. Theo scored a great curler but poor otherwise. Ox faded badly after a bright start. Cazorla showing why he's a Spanish z lister.

Jenkinsom and Sagna I thought did well but the fact Wenger would rather play Sagna at CB than go out and buy one says it all.

I've never left a match early. I am extremely proud to say today was the first time ever that I did. Might do it more.

A terrible summer and its hot over yet. With a mauling v Man City to come, this club is has hit rock bottom and the people's elbow is about to be dropped

Cripps_orig
04-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Also, Galatasaray can bring on Drogba and Sneijder. We bring on Chuck somebody and Zimzalabim.

Slightly worrying

Harland
04-08-2013, 07:46 PM
What did wenger say after the match? Can't seem to find a transcript of the interview

AKBapologist
04-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I love how theo gets slated after every game. Imagine if he actually never scored or provided any assists ever. :lol:

Özim
04-08-2013, 08:05 PM
i dont know how much you actually torment someone if you come on and just fall over in the box to win a penalty.

second goal was very good, but the defence at that time was jenkinson, sagna, merts and miquel. not first team by anymeans. yes they should have done better with his second goal. and saying that he does when it the odds are against him. it was the emirates cup ffs.

in the first half we were teh better team, theo missed an absoulte sitter after a beautiful pass by ramsey. if he scored that, and we got the stonewall penalty on ox, then drogba wouldnt have done anything. there are things we need to improve, i wouldnt say we need a new lB. both gibbs and monreal are fine. arteta and ramsey work well together like they did at end of last season. we need another CB for cover, a world class striker, and a cesc fabregas type in the middle.
If if if, the thing is when you have quality if isn't so much a factor, it's more relevant when you're players aren't good enough.

We lost Drobga won it for them, so he tormented us at the end of the day, he changed the game and that's what big players do.

If we'd have RVP we would have won, there's another if.

Niall_Quinn
04-08-2013, 08:05 PM
I love how theo gets slated after every game. Imagine if he actually never scored or provided any assists ever. :lol:

??? Ox is getting the heat today. He was poor. Goes without saying Walcott was shit too. The poor bastard just sprints headlong into defenders for some fucked up reason. Worry is Ox is starting to do it.

Ollie the Optimist
04-08-2013, 08:10 PM
I've never left a match early. I am extremely proud to say today was the first time ever that I did. Might do it more.

i bet you didnt. you've just posted that to get attention

Özim
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Great day, entertaining match, great goals, really pleased and then the arsenal match started and it was all downhill from there.

:lol:

If Wenger or anyone else thinks this squad is good enough for the title, they are the biggest idiot on gods green earth. We can't even win our own cup

I don't think anyone can argue with that, you'd have to be an idiot to thing this current lot are capable of winning the title without investment

Was my first and hopefully last look at Sanogo.

You're just biased against him because he didn't cost £50-100 million.

Jenkinsom and Sagna I thought did well but the fact Wenger would rather play Sagna at CB than go out and buy one says it all.

Spot on, if you're short in a position you bring someone in you don't pick a player and decide you're going to play him there so you don't have to spend a penny and can pick up your paycheck and defend it by saying you made the club a hefty profit

A terrible summer and its hot over yet. With a mauling v Man City to come, this club is has hit rock bottom and the people's elbow is about to be dropped

A terrible summer indeed, someone tell Wenger that people think spending is the answer and they're right!

Xhaka Can’t
04-08-2013, 08:52 PM
If like me, you haven't watched any of it, summer hasn't been that bad.

KSE Comedy Club
04-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Just got back from the game.

1st half wasn't too bad, Sanogo looked ok didn't do much bar a couple of good tackles and an early chance. He's a tall lad though!

2nd half we were ok until wenget started making changes. Totally fucked things up.
Galatassary brim on drogba and snjeider, we bring on zelalem and akpom.

Project youth all over again, fucking shite.

Marc Overmars
04-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Just got back from the game.

1st half wasn't too bad, Sanogo looked ok didn't do much bar a couple of good tackles and an early chance. He's a tall lad though!

2nd half we were ok until wenget started making changes. Totally fucked things up.
Galatassary brim on drogba and snjeider, we bring on zelalem and akpom.

Project youth all over again, fucking shite.

Hopefully your kid had a good day out and you told him stories about how it never used to be like this.

KSE Comedy Club
04-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Hopefully your kid had a good day out and you told him stories about how it never used to be like this.

Yeh he had a blast!! I was pretty chuffed with him tbh, he was joining in with the chants and got involved with the wave when that got goin. He had a good day out.

Yeh I told him the stories, sadly he's used to modern arsenal and he said we were going to loose when we were still 1-0 up :lol:

Cripps_orig
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
i bet you didnt. you've just posted that to get attention

How much you want to bet?

Cripps_orig
04-08-2013, 09:20 PM

WUMs.

Pay no attention.

Didn't play well today but scored a great curling effort to add to his repertoire. That's more than what everyone's favourite Spanish b lister did all game

KSE Comedy Club
04-08-2013, 09:28 PM
I saw some people leaving when the second goal went in, moreso than you usually see/hear about

Ollie the Optimist
04-08-2013, 09:35 PM
WUMs.

Pay no attention.

Didn't play well today but scored a great curling effort to add to his repertoire. That's more than what everyone's favourite Spanish b lister did all game

not even theo would claim he meant that goal. it was a cross that got lucky

Munchies
04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Nfzy5_WuA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Post match fan interview, spot on tbh

Thierrymon
04-08-2013, 09:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Nfzy5_WuA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Post match fan interview, spot on tbh

Agreed, the pirate speaks sense.

AKBapologist
04-08-2013, 09:46 PM

A great cross that would have been a brilliant assist at a decent team. The day after a pretty good corner that lead to a goal. Even when playing shit, he's by far the most productive member on our team.

Ollie the Optimist
04-08-2013, 09:48 PM
A great cross that would have been a brilliant assist at a decent team. The day after a pretty good corner that lead to a goal.

i dont know where i said it wouldnt have been a brilliant assist. its cripps claiming that it was a birlliant curling effort. it wasnt, it was a cross that everyone missed and got lucky by bouncing into the net.

makes up for his shocking miss minutes earlier :coffee:

Özil's Panoramic View
04-08-2013, 10:56 PM
WUMs.

Pay no attention.

Tad bit harsh on Santiago, or did you mean Monreal?

Cripps_orig
04-08-2013, 10:58 PM

No such thing as luck.

He put the ball in to the box for the intention of a goal being scored.

It was

Case closed

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-08-2013, 11:01 PM
how did legless play?

Cripps_orig
04-08-2013, 11:03 PM
how did legless play?

He had one shot early one which was easily saved and then um....he fell over once instead of controlling the pass.

Lets just say he won't be joining a big club any time soon

Cripps_orig
04-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Arsène Wenger faced the media following the Emirates Cup game against Galatasaray. This is a transcript of his press conference:

on the performance…
We had a contrasting performance. In the first half we had a good performance, we were in control, they didn't look dangerous, and we were not capable of maintaining physically that pace and that rhythm. In the second half we dropped. It's a long time since I've seen two such different halves. Then I believe we were not capable of keeping the ball and we were punished. But it's a good preparation for us.

on Yaya Sanogo…
Yes [I was pleased with him]. Considering he just came back from holiday and only had three or four days of practice, what he did is encouraging.

on Didier Drogba…
He did well when he came on. He still has the resources, you could see that yesterday as well. He has kept that physical strength and his intelligent game and he finished well. But I must say we were exhausted in the end, especially Mertesacker who played the two full games and was just back from Asia. He [Drogba] took advantage of it. Honestly the penalty was very, very, very, very, very, very soft! It was classic Drogba.

on the Champions League draw on Friday…
We just want to be ready. We have only 90 minutes now before we start the championship and it is important that we recover a little bit from the two days and prepare well for our next game against Man City, a friendly in Helsinki. Then it's important that we start strongly in the championship because that will have an influence on our performance in the Champions League.

on the prospect of a difficult draw…
It's difficult, it's a stressful situation, but we did fight very hard to be in that situation and now it's time to take advantage of the fact we finished fourth and we have an opportunity to qualify. Of course it's always a very tricky period but we have the experience, we have done it before.

on getting players in before the European tie…
Let's count first on what is here, and if we can add something then we will do. It's very difficult to predict that that will all be sorted out before we play in the Champions League qualifier. I think we have enough quality to achieve it with the players we have at the moment, if we can bring more in before that it is even better.

on Cesc Fabregas…
I haven't heard that comment [that it is reportedly up to Fabregas if he leaves Barcelona]. I haven't read it so I'm always a bit cautious to answer what a manager is supposed to have said. I don't know. What I know is that Fabregas will stay one more year at least in Barcelona, that's the information I have. If that changes, I don't know, but I have been told that.

on Arsenal's approach to Suarez…
We try [to act properly], we always try to act properly. But the transfer is always an agreement between three parties. We have always done that.

on Gervinho and Chamakh…
Gervinho is on a good way to Roma, and Chamakh is on a good way to Crystal Palace.

on Ryo Miyaichi…
He is injured. He has a crack in the rib that he got in Japan in the first game. He hid it from us because he was desperate to play in Japan. At the moment he is injured for two weeks.

Ryo :doh:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-08-2013, 11:06 PM
fucks sake

wenger you bellend sign some players.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-08-2013, 11:09 PM
so now we've changed our stance, gazidis said the champions league qualifier wouldn't affect our transfers but you cant help but feel wenger is a little hesitant. if we face a half decent team we're out. well done arsenal, well done.

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Yep, he's gonna wait til after we've qualified before he spends, what an utter utter arrogant cunt of a man he's become.

And to say its been a long time since he's seen a game with such contrasting halves??? :blink:

Did he watch us at all last season??

Fact is we were fine until he started taking off any players with any type of experience we have and replaced them with kids.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 08:56 AM
To be fair, sneijder and Drogba came on and totally owned us. Two quality players, game over. Huge lesson for Wenger which he will ignore completely.

GP
05-08-2013, 08:58 AM
What lesson is that?

Don't play young squad players in a friendly?

I'm sure he'll lose sleep over that.

Özim
05-08-2013, 08:59 AM
To be fair, sneijder and Drogba came on and totally owned us. Two quality players, game over. Huge lesson for Wenger which he will ignore completely.

Yeah trouble is people think that because a player doesn't cost 50-100 million pounds he won't make the headlines.

Özim
05-08-2013, 09:01 AM
He doesn't have time to sleep, he only gets one week's holiday, 13 days if things are going well.

Lord Nelson
05-08-2013, 09:09 AM
fucks sake

wenger you bellend sign some players.

Anyone remember that bloke Ashburton that used to post on here about how Arsene Wenger and the Board were eventually going to ruin our club? Well...............:violin:

Cripps_orig
05-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Anyone remember that bloke Ashburton that used to post on here about how Arsene Wenger and the Board were eventually going to ruin our club? Well...............:violin:

Yeah good poster.

Saw things before most of us did.

Niall_Quinn
05-08-2013, 09:12 AM
What lesson is that?

Don't play young squad players in a friendly?

I'm sure he'll lose sleep over that.

Nah, lesson is get new glasses because what he currently thinks is quality is actually dog shit. Pair of glasses and he'd be back in the game.

Özim
05-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Nah, lesson is get glasses because what he currently thinks is quality is actually dog shit. Pair of glasses and he'd be back in the game.
Another lesson is stop losing all the time.

Also he's just got a new pair of glasses, they look pretty awful and it looks like they don't work either, cheap isn't always best.

LDG
05-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Another lesson is stop losing all the time.

First loss of preseason tbf.

Lord Nelson
05-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah good poster.

Saw things before most of us did.

I guess so, but Letters banned him for constant whinging! :sulk: :thumbsdown:

LDG
05-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Ashburton was a twat, and a spurs fan.

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2013, 09:27 AM

I don't suppose there is any danger of you getting your facts right any time soon.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2013, 09:29 AM

You had to spoil it. You were keeping your identity such a well guarded secret.

GP
05-08-2013, 09:37 AM

He was a spud and so are you.

Lord Nelson
05-08-2013, 09:50 AM
You had to spoil it. You were keeping your identity such a well guarded secret.

LOL! You are a bit of the mark there to be honest.

Whatever though. The fact still remains that we are worried that the lack of investment is seriously impeding our club.

It was my Daughters first home game yesterday (She went with friends from work), and she asked why the Emirates is so quiet durning the match? :lol: I did explain that Highbury was the same.

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2013, 09:59 AM
LOL! You are a bit of the mark there to be honest.

Whatever though. The fact still remains that we are worried that the lack of investment is seriously impeding our club.

It was my Daughters first home game yesterday (She went with friends from work), and she asked why the Emirates is so quiet durning the match? :lol: I did explain that Highbury was the same.

Yeah, you're a Spud.

Ciao.

GP
05-08-2013, 10:09 AM
:lol: