PDA

View Full Version : MELTDOWN

AKBapologist
12-08-2013, 08:30 PM
(bbc) David Ornstein on radio5live has just said that Arsenal haven't bid on Gustavo, are less likely not sign a striker this summer at all.

Incidentally, today was the last day to sign players who may be eligible for the champions league qualifiers. (well, there's a small loophole in this but...)

Ramsey is a doubt for the next couple of weeks and internationals are 2 days away. We are literally an injury to Walcott away from the europa league.

Edit:
@DarrenArsenal1
And so as of tonight Theo has a knock on England duty,he may or may not be fit, big squad ????

How are you preparing for the end of Arsene Wenger's reign as manager?

Cripps_orig
12-08-2013, 08:32 PM
All out party

dazthegooner
12-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Radio4 live the hub of the Premier league :haha:

Özim
12-08-2013, 08:41 PM
When will we officially complete the deal for Higuain?

Ollie the Optimist
12-08-2013, 08:49 PM
david ornstein just says what the arsenal press office want him too.

Syn
12-08-2013, 08:51 PM

No, he has tweeted plenty of times when we've made bids for other players in the past. He's probably the most reliable journo wrt Arsenal stuff.

AKBapologist
12-08-2013, 08:52 PM

So you think we've actually bid £2mill more on Gustavo than bayern actually want? (http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/08/12/bild-report-bayern-will-sell-gustavo-for-less-than-arsenal-said-to-have-offered/)

AKBapologist
12-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Also:
@LeGrove - You do wonder who from Arsenal would ring Ornstein to inform him the club are ballsing the summer up.

...And given that Napoli's bid seems to be genuine...

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-08-2013, 08:55 PM
we've signed fellaini but don't want to announce it yet so man utd sell us rooney

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Grebbo
12-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I don't think it's much of a big deal if we haven't made an official bid. Maybe we're sounding out whether the player wants to join us first or we're just talking with Bayern. Seems a bit of a non story.

Of course there's also the possibility that we're not at all interested in Gustavo and have other irons in the fire...

:lol:

Özim
12-08-2013, 08:58 PM

So the press office would like him to say we haven't made a bid and won't sign a striker.

Interesting.

Özim
12-08-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't think it's much of a big deal if we haven't made an official bid. Maybe we're sounding out whether the player wants to join us first or we're just talking with Bayern. Seems a bit of a non story.

Of course there's also the possibility that we're not at all interested in Gustavo and have other irons in the fire...

:lol:

Don't you usually make a bid first, get it accepted then talk to the player?

Talking to him before making a bid would surely just unsettle him, when there's nothing on the table.

LDG
12-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Now is the summer of our discontent.

:ilt:

Marc Overmars
12-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Still think we'll sign at least 2 players.

It would be an absolute disgrace if nothing happened and I'd start to back Usmanov as well in that event.

GP
12-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Ornstein is a mushroom.

Cripps_orig
12-08-2013, 09:02 PM
we've signed fellaini but don't want to announce it yet so man utd sell us rooney

:haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha:

Need to find the original post where all this started

Grebbo
12-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Don't you usually make a bid first, get it accepted then talk to the player?

Talking to him before making a bid would surely just unsettle him, when there's nothing on the table.

Yeah I think these days you sound out the player before making a bid. No point bidding if the player has no intention of joining you. We clearly were encouraged to bid for Suarez and we haven't spoken with him (directly).

Gustavo is surplus to requirements and it's World Cup year. No chance of unsettling him, he'll definitely move in this window just probably not to us.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-08-2013, 09:04 PM

Need to find the original post where all this started

where's wOllie

AKBapologist
12-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Option A: Riot
Option B: Boycott

hmmm

Munchies
12-08-2013, 09:34 PM
If we haven't signed anyone before the villa game, the fans will be livid, we're all paying £50+ on the day out and the board would have spent less than 1 fan has done over the summer when it's clear where we need to improve and have a major kit deal incoming.

I'll be disappointed, but now something like this wouldn't surprise me.

GP
12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
If we haven't signed anyone before the villa game, the fans will be livid, we're all paying £50+ on the day out and the board would have spent less than 1 fan has done over the summer when it's clear where we need to improve and have a major kit deal incoming.

I'll be disappointed, but now something like this wouldn't surprise me.

And what if we give Villa a proper spanking?

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2013, 09:40 PM
And what if we give Villa a proper spanking?

A. Riot politely
B. Partial boycott

Ollie the Optimist
12-08-2013, 09:42 PM
without additions, this squad should be beating villa and fulham anyway. its spurs and the qualifier im worried about

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2013, 09:43 PM
without additions, this squad should be beating villa and fulham anyway. its spurs and the qualifier im worried about

Without additions this squad should be beating the board and the manager with planks and crowbars.

Munchies
12-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Villa have quietly improved their squad and kept Benteke.

We should beat them yes, but it could be a difficult game. Most fans will not paper over the cracks if we destroy them though, expect boos if we're losing or drawing at halftime.

Ollie the Optimist
12-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Villa have quietly improved their squad and kept Benteke.

We should beat them yes, but it could be a difficult game. Most fans will not paper over the cracks though, expect boos if we're losing or drawing at halftime.

booing at half time is just stupid. you arent booing the board at that point you are booing the plaeyrs who have done nothing wrong. im not saying that if we beat villa without signings that all is fine, im just saying taht the current lot should beat villa and while we do need singings and soon, i would rather get the right players in next week then panic buy to appease the fans for villa game.

something has gone wrong this summer, big time but panic buying now wont solve the problems. if they want gustavo etc then get him, but no point chainging plans and signing someone else who isnt as good just so fans have a signing for villa game

Munchies
12-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Yep I'm not in favour of booing the players we got, but I can see it happening.

Well the board have had long enough to identify their targets , any excuse of finding the right player is BS imo . Should've had a few for the Emirates cup , let them bed into the team.

GP
12-08-2013, 09:56 PM
In stead of booing at half time, they should boo at the 7 minute mark for a million minutes in protest at Wenger's salary.

Ollie the Optimist
12-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Yep I'm not in favour of booing the players we got, but I can see it happening.

Well the board have had long enough to identify their targets , any excuse of finding the right player is BS imo . Should've had a few for the Emirates cup , let them bed into the team.

as i said, its been a fuck up of a summer and you are completely right about signings before emirates cup. that wasnt the point i was making. we've made our bed and chosen our targets. we migth as well see it to the end and if it takesanother ten days so be it rather tehn just chainging our minds, singing someonone good enough just so they have a signing for the villa game

AKBapologist
12-08-2013, 10:01 PM
@DarrenArsenal1
And so as of tonight Theo has a knock on England duty,he may or may not be fit, big squad ????

Munchies
12-08-2013, 10:04 PM
as i said, its been a fuck up of a summer and you are completely right about signings before emirates cup. that wasnt the point i was making. we've made our bed and chosen our targets. we migth as well see it to the end and if it takesanother ten days so be it rather tehn just chainging our minds, singing someonone good enough just so they have a signing for the villa game
Yeah that's true , rather get someone good rather than overpaying and jumping the gun for the next Gervinho. New signings would've lifted everyone including the players aswell, wtf was Wenger doing in the summer ffs

Grebbo
12-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Walcott's supposedly been injured whilst training with England and could miss the Villa game. So that adds to the meltdown if you rate Walcott.

Munchies
12-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Walcott's supposedly been injured whilst training with England and could miss the Villa game. So that adds to the meltdown if you rate Walcott.

Who do we play instead now ??

No one springs to mind

AKBapologist
12-08-2013, 10:18 PM

No one springs to mind

AOC, Gnabry or Eisfield.

Cripps_orig
12-08-2013, 10:19 PM
AOC, Gnabry or Eisfield.

We're fucked

LDG
12-08-2013, 10:20 PM

Woy thinks it's only minor, and he could feature tomorrow.

Grebbo
12-08-2013, 10:21 PM

No one springs to mind

Time for Gervinho to come home.

Grebbo
12-08-2013, 10:21 PM
AOC, Gnabry or Eisfield.

Holy fuck our squad is so shit!!

Harland
12-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Without additions this squad should be beating the board and the manager with planks and crowbars.

So true

AKBapologist
14-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Anyone wanna take bets on what the injury count will be come tomorrow?

Ralpheroo72
14-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Anyone wanna take bets on what the injury count will be come tomorrow?
Wheelchair will be one of them

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Wheelchair will be one of them

The only thing that could make this worse would be to discover that Ramsey is fit for Saturday

AKBapologist
15-08-2013, 10:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/53h5Sqv.jpg

Power n Glory
15-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Are they purposely trying to piss people off?

GP
15-08-2013, 10:53 AM
What's the problem?

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Are they purposely trying to piss people off?

It would be handy to get rid of the old fans I guess. More room for tourists.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2013, 10:56 AM
I don't get it

Özim
15-08-2013, 11:05 AM
It says there are cookies on the Arsenal website. That's a blatant lie I've just been on their and there isn't a biscuit in sight!

Their mugging us off again lads!

Munchies
15-08-2013, 11:07 AM
PV4 :bow:

Özim
15-08-2013, 11:08 AM
PV4 :bow:

What a player, amazing from pretty much day one!

LDG
15-08-2013, 11:17 AM
What a player, amazing from pretty much day one!

Not day one....

...He came on V's Sheffield Wednesday if I remember rightly. I remember looking at my Dad thinking, who the fuck is this gangly fucker with no control of a football.

Little did I know.

Ian Wright scored that day I seem to recall. Awful match....

Cripps_orig
15-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Not day one....

...He came on V's Sheffield Wednesday if I remember rightly. I remember looking at my Dad thinking, who the fuck is this gangly fucker with no control of a football.

Little did I know.

Ian Wright scored that day I seem to recall. Awful match....

The original Abou Diaby?

AKBapologist
15-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Re: the above.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2394585/Arsenal-crisis-brewing-just-11-senior-players-fit-opener-Aston-Villa.html

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Nayan
15-08-2013, 07:43 PM
(bbc) David Ornstein on radio5live has just said that Arsenal haven't bid on Gustavo, are less likely not sign a striker this summer at all.

Incidentally, today was the last day to sign players who may be eligible for the champions league qualifiers. (well, there's a small loophole in this but...)

Ramsey is a doubt for the next couple of weeks and internationals are 2 days away. We are literally an injury to Walcott away from the europa league.

Edit:
@DarrenArsenal1

How are you preparing for the end of Arsene Wenger's reign as manager?

we dont need strikers. shame abot gustavo though

AKBapologist
17-08-2013, 03:54 PM
When it rains...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Grebbo
17-08-2013, 03:54 PM
My oh my

Maestro
17-08-2013, 03:55 PM
can we just use this thread for all our match reactions this season, got the feeling it will be appropriate

Özim
17-08-2013, 03:59 PM
This is such a shock, last week we beat Man City easily and now this.

Can only be down to the ref really, there's no other explanation,

BlindFaith_8
17-08-2013, 04:00 PM
As much it hurts me to see us go down 1-3, I am glad this happened to make some of you wenger rites and keep the faith and in wenger we trust bollox finally take of your rose tinted glasses, that Wenger lost it 5 years ago and should have been sacked or pushed. This will happen every season, you dont have to spend to dollar to get good players, the Wanyama from Celtic, the dutch player at Norwich from Sporting, these are players better the what we have at the moment and the dutch keeper at Fulham?? Why did we not sign these players? They would have cost us lesst than 30 million. But oh no our spastic manager leaves it untl the last minute and does his panic buying. Sack this cunnt for ffs.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Where do I sign up to be part of the MELTDOWN™

AKBapologist
18-08-2013, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSFEaI4HdA

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4