PDA

View Full Version : So who do you honestly think will be signed before the window closes?

The Verminator
16-08-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm guessing we'll buy 3 players - a defender, a defensive midfielder and a striker.

Defender - Ashley Williams

Midfielder - Gareth Barry

Striker - Christian Benteke

I'd be happy with Benteke and satisfied with Barry and Williams (knowing full well most people on here think those 2 are shit). But compared to what we could have bought, it would prove to be a fucking calamitous window! :banghead:

Haven't lost hope we'll go and make a couple of real quality signings but leaving it this late and knowing what we're like, you'd have to bet against it. :(

Kano
16-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Benteke??

We'll scrape together some dubious smelling pieces of material from the back of the sofa by the end of the month but we'll struggle to know much about them.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2013, 01:52 PM
We'll sign some chancers who'll jump at the chance to rinse the club for their short stay, as that's the only type of player we can attract now.

The Verminator
16-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Benteke??

We'll scrape together some dubious smelling pieces of material from the back of the sofa by the end of the month but we'll struggle to know much about them.

I know it's a bit of a wild guess. I just feel he's one of the only good strikers we might be able to get before the window closes. He signed a new contract early in the window but that could just mean Villa getting a high fee. If Wenger feels he's the real deal then he might splash the cash, seeing as he's young and with a good chance of recouping the fee if/when he leaves.

Unai Tea
16-08-2013, 01:55 PM
There's a yard sale over at Anzhi. They have some decent-ish players. Probably not the knock-down, check the bins behind the shop type transfer fees we prefer, but at least they are willing to sell.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2013, 02:02 PM
A couple of kids for the reserves and possibly Flamini as a stop gap.

The Verminator
16-08-2013, 02:03 PM
We'll sign some chancers who'll jump at the chance to rinse the club for their short stay, as that's the only type of player we can attract now.

I understand the frustration but I'm sure we can attract very good players. It's whether or not we're prepared to pay the going rate that's the issue...

Unai Tea
16-08-2013, 02:13 PM
I understand the frustration but I'm sure we can attract very good players. It's whether or not we're prepared to pay the going rate that's the issue...

You attract very good players by winning things, by having other very good players to play alongside, by paying fees and big wages?

So no, we can't attract very good players.

The Verminator
16-08-2013, 02:14 PM
There's a yard sale over at Anzhi. They have some decent-ish players. Probably not the knock-down, check the bins behind the shop type transfer fees we prefer, but at least they are willing to sell.

What's the situation there exactly? I know they want to clear out but are they willing to share in the cost of wages? Otherwise I can't see us getting any of their best players, seeing as the wages there are through the roof.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2013, 02:15 PM

Plainly we aren't, that's been the problem. Wenger has his valuation, the rest of the world has theirs.

The Verminator
16-08-2013, 02:15 PM
You attract very good players by winning things, by having other very good players to play alongside, by paying fees and big wages?

So no, we can't attract very good players.

Aside from the lack of will to pay big fees and wages, which I already mentioned, of course we can attract very good players. Even the fucking Spuds signed Soldado!

The Verminator
16-08-2013, 02:17 PM
A couple of kids for the reserves and possibly Flamini as a stop gap.

I'm probably in the minority here again but I actually wouldn't mind seeing Flamini back in an Arsenal shirt....:ninja:

The Verminator
16-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Plainly we aren't, that's been the problem. Wenger has his valuation, the rest of the world has theirs.

No arguments here. :/

Syn
16-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Reckon we'll sign some proper garbage. Some lowlife chancing bastard who'll throw us around like the filthy sluts we are, whipping out his diseased dick, pulling our hair back and shooting his load down our throats. And Wenger has decided we should consensually swallow his salty spunk.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-08-2013, 02:27 PM
I reckon gervinho

Syn
16-08-2013, 02:27 PM
We said yes, Robin.

Unai Tea
16-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Aside from the lack of will to pay big fees and wages, which I already mentioned, of course we can attract very good players. Even the fucking Spuds signed Soldado!

Lots of things are potentially going to happen. If they don't happen though, looking at it retrospectively, were they actually potentially going to happen?

For instance, there was a potential that Ronaldo would play for Arsenal and become a club legend. However, he didn't so therefore, looking back at it, there was actually 0% chance what was potential would become reality.

Same thing exists now with signing 'super super quality' players. In the present it seems like there's still a potential for this to happen. However, sometime in the future you'll realise the potential of this happening was actually nil.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Literally have no idea, who thought two years ago we would sign the players we did.

I think we won't sign anyone until a few days before the window ends by then we would have scraped through the champions league qualifier but failed to win a premier league game.

Think we might re visit old targets Lars Bender, Fellaini

I think that we will sign that Romanian failure Ciprian Marica as a striker

Someone from the French league like Yann M'Villa

And fail to address our defensive concerns

Munchies
16-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Carlton COle
Anton Ferdinand
Bouba Diop

I_Killed_Kenny
16-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Hatem Trablesi

BlindFaith_8
16-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Hatem Trablesi
:haha:

Grebbo
16-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Joey Barton

Globalgunner
16-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Wenger on a new 5 year deal at 10m p.a.. Joy unconfined for some..Ollie I mean you.

Nayan
16-08-2013, 07:56 PM

defender: frimpong played out of position will be like a new signing
midfielder: bendter played out of position will be like a new signing
striker: sanogo will be a new signing.

now stop complaining and get back to buying shirts and other arsenal branded merchandise.

selassie
16-08-2013, 09:30 PM
We'll sign a load of shite like Gareth Barry, basically our supposed rivals cast offs & shite from Ligue One. Wenger is a dead man walking, his summers dealings have been an absolute farce, if he was at any other club at our level he would have been shown the door.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2013, 09:39 PM
We'll sign a load of shite like Gareth Barry, basically our supposed rivals cast offs & shite from Ligue One. Wenger is a dead man walking, his summers dealings have been an absolute farce, if he was at any other club at our level he would have been shown the door.

On the other hand, at least we don't have Mancini. A bloke who spends two hundred trillion on playa but still need more playa to finish more than 8 points ahead of the world's greatest miser.

Nayan
17-08-2013, 02:49 PM

offering a close rival money they dont want for a player they dont want to sell and we dont need is as good as winning a trophy

JonasTC
18-08-2013, 02:10 AM
I think our problem is, the players we are after wont sign until they're sure we're in the champions league, so im guessing (if we qualify) that we'll sign 2-3 really good players in the end of august (after the 2. CL qualifier game).

Ralpheroo72
18-08-2013, 02:24 AM
John Hartson and Chris Kiwomya

Gubby Allen
18-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Is there any point in wasting money signing anyone? I dont get all the fuss myself.

The only effect it will have is on which way we'll finish 4th. We sign 3 world class players then we will finish 4th looking reasonably decent, playing ok and will go out of all 3 cups in February having put up a half decent fight.

If we don't sign anyone at all, then we'll finish 4th looking shite, never close to challenging and go out out of all 3 cups in February not giving a toss.

Seems a lot of effort and money, when the end result is still the same shite just in a slightly different way.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Apparently the club has so much cash now a big chunk will go to the government in taxes if it's not spent. I'd rather pay £70mill for Jermaine Defoe than let the cunt government get a penny of it.

milla
18-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Mamadou Sakho - CB (can cover left back)
Sami Khedira or Loric Cana - DM
Julien Draxler - attacking midfield/winger
Suarez or any proven striker - CF

Apart from Suarez, their clubs (PSG, Madrid, Napoli, Schalke) would listen to a GOOD offer. Follow the market rate and we would definitely get those players. :coffee:

Traxion
18-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Sakho has stated he wants to leave PSG, Laurent Blanc is willing to let him go and he is 10 times the player that mug Ashley Williams is and probably the same price around 10 million. I know for sure which one I would prefer!!!

Traxion
18-08-2013, 04:35 PM
We need a gk - Julio Cesar is the obvious choice
A cb - sakho would be ideal he is quick and is basically a monster the guy is huge and is probably the future French captain.
A dm - someone to smash up the play and give the ball to the more talented minions in front, Kondogbia fits the bill.
A top quality striker - Suarez and Rooney are never coming here so I have no clue who we could now get to improve this position, if I had a choice it would be Huntelaar from Schalke - he has scored goals lots of them at every level he has played at.
You are telling me we couldn't get the 4 player named above for under 70 million.
Arsene said yesterday "you want me to spend money but on who"
I have just shown you the way you denial old fool so get on it, quit with the pipe dream of Suarez and get as some proven fucking quality!!!

milla
18-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Sakho has stated he wants to leave PSG, Laurent Blanc is willing to let him go and he is 10 times the player that mug Ashley Williams is and probably the same price around 10 million. I know for sure which one I would prefer!!!

Tis :gp:

Any domestic signing would be like our any other PL signings (apart from Big Sol), overprice and average. :coffee:

PGFC
18-08-2013, 04:43 PM
No one.