PDA

View Full Version : Villa- post match thread

Pages : [1] 2

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-08-2013, 03:59 PM
:haha:

what an embarrassment. get out now you fucking prick.

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 03:59 PM

The Emirates Gallactico
17-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Oh dear. :(

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-08-2013, 04:01 PM
P45

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Whoops.

Rors
17-08-2013, 04:03 PM
:tree:

cheesy bites
17-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Fucking atrocious. Don't let the door hit you Arsene.

JonasTC
probably some of the worst refferering(?) i've ever seen in an Arsenal game

Özim
Wenger's comeuppance

Niall_Quinn
Simply - fuck off Wenger. Just go immediately. A whole summer of fucking around to set us up for the inevitable. That's incompetence and there's no room for it at the top level of sport. So fuck off and take the whole stinking bunch of useless money grabbing cunts that are running this club into the ground with you.

Ox was okay - otherwise shite. Nothing going on in the final third. Giroud and Walcott are a waste of space. Jack looks half the player he was.

What a cock that ref was.

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 04:05 PM
When does our season really start? i'm sure i just dreamt that we got well and truly owned at home.

Özim
17-08-2013, 04:06 PM
probably some of the worst refferering(?) i've ever seen in an Arsenal game

You do realise we just lost to the U23's right? Who the f*ck cares about the ref, we're at home against kids....if we had a good enough team we would have won this at a canter regardless of the ref. We did it to ourselves (well actually Wenger did)

Joker
Pathetic performance after the first 20 minutes. Really disjointed, no fluency or guile, and defensively we were all over the place. When Koscielny's on form he can look an excellent defender, but he's too impulsive at times, which is why you get these car crash performances from him. He had no reason to try to win the ball from Agbonlahor in the first half which led to the penalty, he should have stood off. In the 2nd, he again should have just held him up rather than go for the tackle. This performance has just underlined how lacking we are in terms of quality and numbers with this squad, but unfortunately our manager can't see it.

Japan Shaking All Over
Really.
We know you have it because youtold us you do.......so fucking spend it......buy Felliani, Rooney and Williams........Williams might not be the best to get but he is decent enough and we can get all those for the 70 mil you dicked us into believeing you have.....their wages fucking pay them....its not like you are not used to spunking money on salaries

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FFS

Marc Overmars
You can't make sense of it, so you just have to laugh really. Same old shit doesn't do it justice.

I look forward to the mad trolley dash, I wonder what journeymen and nothing players Wenger will manage to bag this time?

higuain, bernard, suarez and gustavo woz rite.

cheesy bites
17-08-2013, 04:07 PM
You can't make sense of it, so you just have to laugh really. Same old shit doesn't do it justice.

I look forward to the mad trolley dash, I wonder what journeymen and nothing players Wenger will manage to bag this time?

A Brazillian reject that nobody's heard of, Kalou and Flamini.

BlindFaith_8
17-08-2013, 04:07 PM
I have seen many maanagers at Arsenal, from Don Howe, Terry Neil, George Graham, Bruce Rioch, Stewart Houston and I have backed and suppored every single one of these previous managers. But I just cannot stomach wenger still being our manager considering the finances at his disposal and managing one of the so called top teams in England and Europe but yet he has some how convinced these Wenger Rites and Blind Faith, In Wenger we Trust bollox that we should be content and happy that we see champions league football every season and finish 4th in the league with no silverware or championships. We need changes now and the wenger has to take the blame for the past 8 years of no success picking up a basic salary of 7 Mill quid plus a percentage of all player sales. He has accumlated a vast fortune by selling our best players to our rivals and yet he feeds our fans this puke that we should be happy that we have been in the champions league for 15 seasosn. Please go Wenger as you have stained your previous success with your consistent failures for 8 years. You are finished, deluded and absulutley gob shite.

Joker
17-08-2013, 04:08 PM
You do realise we just lost to the U23's right? Who the f*ck cares about the ref, we're at home against kids....if we had a good enough team we would have won this at a canter regardless of the ref. We did it to ourselves (well actually Wenger did)

Yep, can't blame the ref really. The first penalty was clear (Chesney could have been sent off as well), the 2nd was 50-50 and we can't complain about Kos' red. The ref did seem incompetent and he got a lot of little decisions wrong but he wasn't to blame for the defeat. Unfortunately you can see Wenger putting the blinkers on and thinking we only lost because of poor refereeing decisions, rather than because our squad is nowhere near good enough.

Niall_Quinn
Why didn't they let Ollie play FFS?

Özim

higuain, bernard, suarez and gustavo woz rite.

Pretty much, we're gonna end up with more dogshite players to replace the old ones aren't we, we had our chance to sign quality players all summer and now we'll be left with sub-standard players.

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 04:09 PM
When does our season really start? i'm sure i just dreamt that we got well and truly owned at home.

Our season starts in March when we've been knocked out of everything.

Power n Glory
17-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Whoops.

:lol:

BlindFaith_8
17-08-2013, 04:11 PM
To be honest I saw this coming. How many more results is going to take before the board take firm action and sack this bafoon, losing the league cup to the worst birmingham team, losing against league 2 opposition in Bradford, being knocked out by Blakburn in the fa cup and the 8-2 thrashing at OT. We need to change managers now, this is the worst Arsenal side I can rememeber in a while.

The Ogg Monster
17-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Sanogo better be a fucking genius.

cheesy bites
17-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Sanogo better be a fucking genius.
Messi + Ronaldo + Pele + Gazza = Sanogo on a bad day

Maestro
17-08-2013, 04:14 PM
My only reaction is that I am really worried about Ollie guys. Can someone please contact him just to make sure he's okay.

The Emirates Gallactico
17-08-2013, 04:14 PM
No point really commenting, it's all been said before.

Major changes need to happen, either a change or manager or a fundamental change in approach. Only person with the power to force that is Stan ....... I don't hold out much hope for him intervening. In fact I'd be surprised if he's even aware of the score right now.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Messi + Ronaldo + Pele + Gazza = Sanogo on a bad day

Not sure it will be enough. How can that guy have allowed the team to be run down this badly? He must be doing it on purpose.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Poor old FakeYank. Another defeat.

Niall_Quinn
No point really commenting, it's all been said before.

Major changes need to happen, either a change or manager or a fundamental change in approach. Only person with the power to force that is Stan ....... I don't hold out much hope for him intervening. In fact I'd be surprised if he's even aware of the score right now.

Yes he's been kept fully up to date. 12K shirt sales, £3mill on the gate, wage bill down, zero spent in the window, he's a happy guy.

cheesy bites
I wonder who Spurs will draw in the CL qualifier

Özim
17-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Our season starts in March when we've been knocked out of everything.

:lol: So true, but we'll then go on a mini unbeaten run and the defence will be rock solid, the midfield will be tough and creative and the strikers will be scoring, we won't need any signings as this will prove we have the quality.

We'll reinforce it by beating a good team in a mickey mouse friendly.

The Emirates Gallactico
17-08-2013, 04:18 PM

At least they scored a goal for him this time. That's progress right? :(

Still, it's about time we stopped that fucker coming anywhere near the Emirates. It can't be a coincidence. :ninja:

Edinburgh Gooner

FucKing bogey bastard lol

BlindFaith_8
Wengers post match interview will of course blame the entire loss to the referees performance. 4 attemps on target at home aganst Villa sums it all up! You had since May 2013 to identify realsitic targets but of course our manager assessed the situation and went after unrealistic buys offering peanuts whilist Napoli and Wolfsburg sign our targets. No top player will come too Arsenal. What makes me laugh is wenger saying we dont buy quantities we buy based on quality that can play for Arsenal?? Are you fcuking on a wind up? Name me one player from our team apart from Wilshire who would get in the man u side?

cheesy bites
17-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Anyone got an eye on Wenger's interview? Should be coming up anytime now.

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Oh well, on to he next league humilliation. Who do we play next?

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 04:21 PM

Fulham away with half a defence.

cheesy bites
@ Fulham sandwiched between our CL qualifier.

Then it's the North London Derby.

:ilt:

Özim
I have never in my life seen such a complacent manager, he ignores everything that has happened before hand based on a mini unbeaten run at the end of the season when there's nothing to play for anymore (even though we didn't actually play well).

He deserves everything he gets (except for the 7 million that is).

Munchies
17-08-2013, 04:22 PM
We just lack a little 'sharpness'

Edinburgh Gooner

no lb, half a rb and one cb. yup we are fucked

Munchies
@piersmorgan

Zero sympathy for Wenger - he's had months to prepare for this season, and done nothing. Outrageously bad management. #WENGEROUT #Arsenal

Fully agree :coffee:

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 04:23 PM
I think Villa are now the first team to win 3 league games at the Emirates.

cheesy bites
no lb, half a rb and one cb. yup we are fucked

Berbatov is licking his lips already.

Joker
I have never in my life seen such a complacent manager, he ignores everything that has happened before hand based on a mini unbeaten run at the end of the season when there's nothing to play for anymore (even though we didn't actually play well).

He deserves everything he gets (except for the 7 million that is).

He's basically a piss poor manager these days (and has been for at least 5 years IMO).

Özim

Just bad luck, how could anyone have predicted that Gibbs would get injured or that calamity would make a mistake and get himself sent off when we need him the most?

Munchies
17-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Some mug tweeted:

I paid 4.60 for a fucking hotdog and you can't spend a penny? @Arsenal don't fucking annoy me

:pal:

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 04:24 PM
@piersmorgan

Zero sympathy for Wenger - he's had months to prepare for this season, and done nothing. Outrageously bad management. #WENGEROUT #Arsenal

Cant stand that cunt, but yeah I'll back the Wenger out shout. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt but today's game has taken the piss.

Maestro
17-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Please find Ollie, someone!

Özim
17-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Koscielny's 4th Red card in the PL, only two other players have had more.

Pr*ck, he lets us down when we need him the most.

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 04:28 PM
@piersmorgan

Yep.

The dodgy penalty decision and all round shitness of the ref shouldn't be ignored, but I just can't empathise anymore. We've had 3 months to demonstrate some sort of strategy to ensure we go into this season stronger, yet here we are with a threadbare squad, no signings and a toxic result to start the season.

The club has show itself up once again and no one is going to be held accountable for it.

Edinburgh Gooner
Have the mods taken a couple of hours off to let us vent our anger in proper speak? Or have they just topped themselves?

BlindFaith_8
Cant stand that cunt, but yeah I'll back the Wenger out shout. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt but today's game has taken the piss.
Welcome to the dark side. We want our Arsenal back and all the money the board and this wanker wenger have taken out of the club. Herbet Chapman and Rocky would be turning their grave seeing what has happened to this once great club.

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Yep.

The dodgy penalty decision and all round shitness of the ref shouldn't be ignored, but I just can't empathise anymore. We've had 3 months to demonstrate some sort of strategy to ensure we go into this season stronger, yet here we are with a threadbare squad, no signings and a toxic result to start the season.

The club has show itself up once again and no one is going to be held accountable for it.

The top 3 have had changes at the top, we have a chance to compete, we have a chance to win the league. hollow words now that we have given them a 3 point advantage after 1 game. wouldn't surprise me if santi jumped the sinking ship

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 04:31 PM
@piersmorgan

Damn!

Wenger in! (I suppose)

How old is Morgan? How many more years is he likely to live?

Munchies
17-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Just bid the fucking £25m on Fellaini and pay him what he wants, we've saved loads on dog shit players you fucking signed you wankhead

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 04:33 PM
http://images.sportinglife.com/13/06/800x600/Suarez-laugh_2953236.jpg

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Please find Ollie, someone!

He was in a van with bars and padded walls last time I saw him. Being driven towards Bedlam which, coincidentally, is where Wenger gets his insider info on the transfer market and football tactics.

BlindFaith_8
17-08-2013, 04:34 PM
All the top 3 sides changed thier manager, and we still have this stale manager who controls the club from top to bottom, simply because he has made so much money for Stan and the rest of the board. We are in free fall.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 04:35 PM
http://images.sportinglife.com/13/06/800x600/Suarez-laugh_2953236.jpg

http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Higuain-Napoli-Jersey.jpg

Maestro
He was in a van with bars and padded walls last time I saw him. Being driven towards Bedlam which, coincidentally, is where Wenger gets his insider info on the transfer market and football tactics.

was this before or after the match?

Niall_Quinn
Just bid the fucking £25m on Fellaini and pay him what he wants, we've saved loads on dog shit players you fucking signed you wankhead

One player won't make any difference. We need players all over the pitch. The asset stripping is too severe to cope with now and there has to be 8 years worth of investment put in in one hit to get us back to where we were before the leeches clamped on.

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the dark side. We want our Arsenal back and all the money the board and this wanker wenger have taken out of the club. Herbet Chapman and Rocky would be turning their grave seeing what has happened to this once great club.

I agree with you there, but supporting the opposition during the 90 minutes is wrong imo. The players have done nothing wrong it is the manager and ceo etc that are in the wrong.

Niall_Quinn
was this before or after the match?

It was yesterday.

Munchies
One player won't make any difference. We need players all over the pitch. The asset stripping is too severe to cope with now and there has to be 8 years worth of investment put in in one hit to get us back to where we were before the leeches clamped on.

Yeah, the squad is shit :lol:

Cesar is available, and has been available since the Confed cup, said he wants to play in London, Wenger doesn't think he deserves 80k a week. Yet he gave Bendtner 52k to match his shirt number :haha:

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Can't wait for wengers post match response

Marc Overmars
The top 3 have had changes at the top, we have a chance to compete, we have a chance to win the league. hollow words now that we have given them a 3 point advantage after 1 game. wouldn't surprise me if santi jumped the sinking ship

Never really brought into idea the top 3 making changes meant we had a chance.

Mourinho and Pellegrini are betters managers and Chelsea and City already had a better squad than us to begin with. We'll see what happens with Moyes but he's taking over a squad engrained with a winning mentality.

If we get anywhere near those 3 this season we've done well.

Niall_Quinn
Of course we must sign and we will sign, but show me who is top quality! Higuain? I did not see him, this player does not exist I think.

BlindFaith_8
I agree with you there, but supporting the opposition during the 90 minutes is wrong imo. The players have done nothing wrong it is the manager and ceo etc that are in the wrong.
Believe me I never wanted to sit and support the opposing side, but if thats what it takes then I will stand by my decision. I devoted my life to the club as it cost me my marriage so you can try and understand my stand point.

Munchies
Can't wait for wengers post match response

He'll just say we lacked a little sharpness

BlindFaith_8
17-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Still hiding in the dressing room waiting for Sky and BBC to give up and start unpluging all their equipment and go home

http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/996339_Wenger_jpgfb37510c66d39a006ce40314397885e2

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Wenger out, yes.

Silent Stan out, yes.

Shoot PHW in the face, yes.

Buy all the players, etc.

Refs are never going to improve without any censure for their performances or sufficient technological assistance, so I just hope Taylor and others continue to perform at the same atrocious standard and ruin every game they officiate. It's the only way to level the playing field. And I hope no-one complains as every game becomes a sideshow.

Oxlade, Rosicky and Giroud played ok.

Wilshere is in a rut at the minute. He's not sharp, he dithers on the ball and most importantly, he loses it in dangerous positions. I'm sure he has it in him to rediscover his form eventually though. Cazorla is just as bad at losing the ball and he was terrible when he came on.

Whether the team can recover and regroup for Wednesday (especially if Gibbs, Sagna and Ox are out), will be telling for the rest of the season. Crash out to Fenerbahce and struggle in the League, and it could be the (almost) end for Wenger. Eke out the results and the outlook changes.

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Never really brought into idea the top 3 making changes meant we had a chance.

Mourinho and Pellegrini are betters managers and Chelsea and City already had a better squad than us to begin with. We'll see what happens with Moyes but he's taking over a squad engrained with a winning mentality.

If we get anywhere near those 3 this season we've done well.

Sorry missed the quotation marks lol. i never once believed that the managerial changes would play to our advantage. signing a quality player at this time of the window will be a pipe dream. we need some depth but the quality we need is in short supply.

Niall_Quinn
Believe me I never wanted to sit and support the opposing side, but if thats what it takes then I will stand by my decision. I devoted my life to the club as it cost me my marriage so you can try and understand my stand point.

It doesn't make any sense to ever want your team to lose. End of story. The team is for the fans, that's ours. Why do we want to see the team lose? The board and Wenger have stadiums and bank accounts and cash coming out of their ears, that's their interest. Plainly they couldn't give a shit about the team or else they'd never have allowed such a bare bones squad going into a season of professional football. Us and the team versus those fuckers. That's how it is.

Munchies
He's been spotted in Aldi !!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR4i3daCQAAY3vp.jpg:large

BlindFaith_8
17-08-2013, 04:46 PM
http://p.twimg.com/A6yIAtACQAA5hiV.jpg:large

Wenger each season when we've finished 4th yet again!

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 04:46 PM
He's been spotted in Aldi !!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR4i3daCQAAY3vp.jpg:large

He's in his hoodie getting ready to throw stuff in protest at their outrageous prices. Cheapskate yobbo.

JonasTC
17-08-2013, 04:47 PM
watching the swansea game right now... we should bring in laudrup, beautiful fast football with shit players

Nayan
17-08-2013, 04:47 PM

what an embarrassment. get out now you fucking prick.

bit harsh - the boys were clearly distracted by their impending CL exit to Fenerbache

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Speaking of Bedlam, the mods will need to cart some of them back in soon I think.

BlindFaith_8
17-08-2013, 04:49 PM
http://energydescentforbeginners.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/bouncing_ad.jpg

Nayan
17-08-2013, 04:50 PM
It doesn't make any sense to ever want your team to lose. End of story. The team is for the fans, that's ours. Why do we want to see the team lose? The board and Wenger have stadiums and bank accounts and cash coming out of their ears, that's their interest. Plainly they couldn't give a shit about the team or else they'd never have allowed such a bare bones squad going into a season of professional football. Us and the team versus those fuckers. That's how it is.
so quick to judge are you young jedi?
ordinarilly it makes no sense to take a knife to yourself or lose a pound of flesh.
Then again, if you have to have something necritising, gangrenous or and cankered cut out/off, things start to look very different.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 04:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR4g-aGCQAERoH7.jpg:large

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 04:51 PM
so quick to judge are you young jedi?
ordinarilly it makes no sense to take a knife to yourself or lose a pound of flesh.
Then again, if you have to have something necritising, gangrenous or and cankered cut out/off, things start to look very different.

42?

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 04:51 PM

never been married, but my (ex) partner rips me every time i watch us play. it causes a rift between us yet i continue to watch us as i have the team in my genetic make up. my dad and his dad occupied places at highbury religiously. my dad has since given up on the arsenal and questions my devotion to the team. i cannot get to a game as the cost of travelling is too much. i went to anfield a few years ago to see crouch score a hattrick against us and that cost 140 quid just for the train. i spend alot of time on here reading posts but hardly commenting (mostling laughing at NQ's posts) but now we must all stand together in revolt of the manager. the buck stops with him. however, i will never support an opposing team on match day. i will contimue to watch our games on illicit streams as i will not buy into the corporate bollocks of sky tv etc. the team will get my support, but wenger wont.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 04:52 PM
The games have also been priced out for most people, most expensive tickets in the premiership. To watch what ? We're not really playing like 'Barcelona' (well maybe when they got hammered by Bayern). I'm finding it hard to convince myself to pay £55+ on a day out to watch a game at the Emirates. The money from us fans, isn't even being invested into the team , so what's the point of supporting our club in the state it is now?

BlindFaith_8
17-08-2013, 04:53 PM
never been married, but my (ex) partner rips me every time i watch us play. it causes a rift between us yet i continue to watch us as i have the team in my genetic make up. my dad and his dad occupied places at highbury religiously. my dad has since given up on the arsenal and questions my devotion to the team. i cannot get to a game as the cost of travelling is too much. i went to anfield a few years ago to see crouch score a hattrick against us and that cost 140 quid just for the train. i spend alot of time on here reading posts but hardly commenting (mostling laughing at NQ's posts) but now we must all stand together in revolt of the manager. the buck stops with him. however, i will never support an opposing team on match day. i will contimue to watch our games on illicit streams as i will not buy into the corporate bollocks of sky tv etc. the team will get my support, but wenger wont.

All the respect to you mate. But I can not honestly see any other way besides having a poor season that just prompt the board to make changes.

RomfordPele
17-08-2013, 04:57 PM
All the respect to you mate. But I can not honestly see any other way besides having a poor season that just prompt the board to make changes.

Not sure even that will make a difference. Kroenke's appears utterly disinterested and gazidis is Wenger's appointment. Who realistically is going to show him the door?

Munchies
17-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Anyone know how Kroenke's US teams are doing ?

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Not sure even that will make a difference. Kroenke's appears utterly disinterested and gazidis is Wenger's appointment. Who realistically is going to show him the door?

Time for Usmanov to come home.

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I love my football. I cannot see myself supporting any other team. My mates up here keep trying to get me to go to see the locals (hibs/hearts dont get me started on those) yet i will support the Arsenal. Booing at half/full time has an adverse reaction on the players. we need to get behind them as they are the ones that have to do the job for us. If wenger cant see the problems then we are doomed. even the players have spoken out bout their desire to see some world class talent along side them. if wenger is eaf to this then he is the problem.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:02 PM
"It's a big disappointment because we started well and suddenly everything went against us."

"Even at 10 men we had chances to come back to 2-2"

"We have some problems to get players back for Wednesday night."

"We could have won the game, there were a lot of positives in our game. That is what we have to focus on."

"We have to live with [the Koscileny penalty decision]. It doesn't mean you have to lose the game."

"We are hugely disappointed to start with a defeat. It is a huge, huge blow for us."

"We were on the market before the game and it is the same after the game."

"Gibbs has a deep cut, Sagna, Rosicky has a problem. Ramsey has a problem with a kick on his ankle."

Thanks! Now piss off!

Munchies
17-08-2013, 05:03 PM
RVC Fuckign cunt !!!

Munchies
17-08-2013, 05:04 PM
wrong thread lol, but fuck, thats our player :(

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:05 PM
From Twitter:

Please donate just £2 a month to the Arsenal FC Transfer Fund

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 05:06 PM
wrong thread lol, but fuck, thats our player :(

my fantasy footbal has got off to a flying start. giroud and rvp scoring. nice

RomfordPele
17-08-2013, 05:10 PM
I love my football. I cannot see myself supporting any other team. My mates up here keep trying to get me to go to see the locals (hibs/hearts dont get me started on those) yet i will support the Arsenal. Booing at half/full time has an adverse reaction on the players. we need to get behind them as they are the ones that have to do the job for us. If wenger cant see the problems then we are doomed. even the players have spoken out bout their desire to see some world class talent along side them. if wenger is eaf to this then he is the problem.

Wenger has put massive, intolerable pressure on the players because of his dithering this summer..

Just back from the game and you could feel the atmosphere curdle after about 30 mins - had an obvious effect on the players, who started to rush passes and lose their composure (eg jack's booking in first half)

If we lose mid week and next Saturday (Fulham away is never easy) then the NLD is going to be an absolute cauldron. All completely unnecessary and squarely down to Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:13 PM
my fantasy footbal has got off to a flying start. giroud and rvp scoring. nice

My nightmare football is off to a flier too! 1-3 at home to Villa and half the team injured. Nice.

Master Splinter
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/HEAD-CRUNCH.gif

How did he survive that?

Asthmatic Kitty
http://oneofthejonesboys.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/6a00d8341c630a53ef00e5537f6bde8833-800wi.jpg

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Wenger has put massive, intolerable pressure on the players because of his dithering this summer..

Just back from the game and you could feel the atmosphere curdle after about 30 mins - had an obvious effect on the players, who started to rush passes and lose their composure (eg jack's booking in first half)

If we lose mid week and next Saturday (Fulham away is never easy) then the NLD is going to be an absolute cauldron. All completely unnecessary and squarely down to Wenger.

Yeah I do feel for the players now. The Emirates is a pretty volatile place at the best of times and it's all directed towards the management but the players are the ones who feel the brunt of it. They're not being given the best possible chance of success anymore and you have to wonder what potential transfer targets think of the whole situation as well.

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 05:15 PM

agreed.

Özim
"It's a big disappointment because we started well and suddenly everything went against us."
:violin:

"Even at 10 men we had chances to come back to 2-2"
:lol: What was it 4 shots on goal?

"We have some problems to get players back for Wednesday night."
Didn't think of planning for injuries by signing players before the season then?

"We could have won the game, there were a lot of positives in our game. That is what we have to focus on."
:lol: Really? Like what....defending like amateurs?

"We have to live with [the Koscileny penalty decision]. It doesn't mean you have to lose the game."
Yes obviously but if the calamity didn't let us down everytime we need him the most it would help, it puts you at a disadvantage when players risk getting sent off like this.

"We are hugely disappointed to start with a defeat. It is a huge, huge blow for us."
:violin: Don't worry we beat Man City last week, this was just bad luck

"We were on the market before the game and it is the same after the game."
They meant the transfer market not the food market or pipedream market

"Gibbs has a deep cut, Sagna, Rosicky has a problem. Ramsey has a problem with a kick on his ankle."
Oh noes, Gibbs has a deep cut, have you got enough cotton wool to wrap him up in :(

Niall_Quinn
Yeah I do feel for the players now. The Emirates is a pretty volatile place at the best of times and it's all directed towards the management but the players are the ones who feel the brunt of it. They're not being given the best possible chance of success anymore and you have to wonder what potential transfer targets think of the whole situation as well.

I think there will be a few journeymen out there licking their lips and waiting to dive into a trolley.

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:16 PM
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/HEAD-CRUNCH.gif

How did he survive that?

:lol: He use to play basketball

RomfordPele
17-08-2013, 05:16 PM
That sagna gif is horrific. Looks like benteke tips him deliberately, but wouldn't expect the spanner of a ref to see it.

Sagna is incredibly lucky.

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:18 PM
That sagna gif is horrific. Looks like benteke tips him deliberately, but wouldn't expect the spanner of a ref to see it.

Sagna is incredibly lucky.

Benteke wasn't looking he was leaning into the player as you do when you think someone is coming to challenge for the ball, don't think he realised Sagna had jumped that high.

The last time I saw someone jump that high it was in the film Teen Wolf.

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Wasn't planning on going out tonight but I think I need a few whiskeys now tbf.

RomfordPele
17-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Benteke wasn't looking he was leaning into the player as you do when you think someone is coming to challenge for the ball, don't think he realised Sagna had jumped that high.

The last time I saw someone jump that high it was in the film Teen Wolf.

Seems to lift his right shoulder to me but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Benteke was an absolute beast today.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 05:22 PM
:violin:

:lol: What was it 4 shots on goal?

Didn't think of planning for injuries by signing players before the season then?

:lol: Really? Like what....defending like amateurs?

Yes obviously but if the calamity didn't let us down everytime we need him the most it would help, it puts you at a disadvantage when players risk getting sent off like this.

:violin: Don't worry we beat Man City last week, this was just bad luck

They meant the transfer market not the food market or pipedream market

Oh noes, Gibbs has a deep cut, have you got enough cotton wool to wrap him up in :(

The food market got me !

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Federer losing to Nadal, again.
My team losing to Rors', relatively convincingly.
RVP scoring again.

I've got to give sport up.

The Verminator
I'll swim masochistically against the tide and say although we were poor, it's the first game of the season and even the best squads rarely get off to a flyer. I honestly believe the ref screwed us in this game. He allowed play to continue after Scheszny fowled but then gave a pen after they fucked up. Koscielny got the ball for the second penalty and shouldn't have been sent off. Had he not been sent off, Villa's third goal would not have come.

Don't get me wrong. There needs to be MAJOR changes at our club. Not just in personnel on the pitch but also at boardroom/transfer level. Should Wenger be amongst them? Somehow I still don't know. All the poker-like mind games played with the fans makes it deviously difficult to tell who is responsible. Whatever happens, new blood is required - and not just any drippings from the Tesco Value butcher.

Solely judging upon this game alone, officiating cost us. We're in a shit situation with squad depth and our club's direction but I won't blame this defeat solely upon that. No doubt I'm inviting a wave of insults against the tide of popular opinion, but nonetheless that's how I see it.

Edinburgh Gooner
ha ha ha arsenal fb page removing my wenger out posts

Munchies
17-08-2013, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdzUKcnDgZY&list=TL4Yzgp6tFExg

2:25

Nasri and Wenger :haha:

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:25 PM
ha ha ha arsenal fb page removing my wenger out posts

:lol: Sounds like their Q & A sessions, you should have posted something about holidays or best players in your lifetime!

RomfordPele
17-08-2013, 05:26 PM
I'll swim masochistically against the tide and say although we were poor, it's the first game of the season and even the best squads rarely get off to a flyer. I honestly believe the ref screwed us in this game. He allowed play to continue after Scheszny fowled but then gave a pen after they fucked up. Koscielny got the ball for the second penalty and shouldn't have been sent off. Had he not been sent off, Villa's third goal would not have come.

Don't get me wrong. There needs to be MAJOR changes at our club. Not just in personnel on the pitch but also at boardroom/transfer level. Should Wenger be amongst them? Somehow I still don't know. All the poker-like mind games played with the fans makes it deviously difficult to tell who is responsible. Whatever happens, new blood is required - and not just any drippings from the Tesco Value butcher.

Solely judging upon this game alone, officiating cost us. We're in a shit situation with squad depth and our club's direction but I won't blame this defeat solely upon that. No doubt I'm inviting a wave of insults against the tide of popular opinion, but nonetheless that's how I see it.

Agree to a point, but a stronger side would have made the refereeing irrelevant.

I still think we should get the pitchforks ready.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:27 PM

Poo face!

Munchies
17-08-2013, 05:27 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1173746_573249782713232_664165172_n.jpg

Jovetic/Cesar/Gundogan is missing

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 05:28 PM

:gp:

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Agree to a point, but a stronger side would have made the refereeing irrelevant.

I still think we should get the pitchforks ready.

Like The Invincibles made Riley irrelevant?

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:30 PM

Sorry there's no excuses in my book, we were awful last season and scraped 4th place so we're not the best of squads by any stretch. Villa were pretty much a team of kids playing away from home and we should have been prepared and ready to beat them comfortably.

You can blame the ref all you like but if we had a decent team the ref wouldn't have come into it as we would have comfortably overcome them. We brought it on ourselves, Wenger has got his comeuppance, he actually used how we played in a friendly match as an example of how good we are.

People complain about the ref when results go against them, he might not have had a great game but he's nowhere near as bad as some are saying he was.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I think everyone needs to calm down, we're only 3 points off the leaders.

Joker
17-08-2013, 05:32 PM

Referee was bad but I don't think we can blame the loss on the referee. I don't think the ref should have played advantage for the original penalty anyway, he should have blown up immediately. The 2nd pen was 50-50 and regarding the red card, Koscielny was stupid to tackle like that when on a yellow card. I did think Vlaar should have gone as well though, and all in all the referee was definitely incompetent, but like others have said a better XI out there would have won that match.

Özim

Yes, they went on a record 49 match unbeaten run, I'd say they made the ref irrelevant by in large.

Niall_Quinn
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1173746_573249782713232_664165172_n.jpg

In a way I'm glad we didn't sign a player called Bender.

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 05:33 PM

Well, Bender, Suarez and maybe Higuain were the only bids we actually made, so it's all stupid really. If you allow the swell of newspaper/internet garbage gossip to fuel your irrational disappointment, you deserve that disappointment and more.

RomfordPele

Riley is different class.

Pretty sure we had shonky refs against us for some of the previous 49 games though.

Niall_Quinn
I think everyone needs to calm down, we're only 3 points off the leaders.

And we can make it 6 no problem.

Özim
In a way I'm glad we didn't sign a player called Bender.

Worse still we could have signed 2 Benders

Joker
17-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Well, Bender, Suarez and maybe Higuain were the only bids we actually made, so it's all stupid really. If you allow the swell of newspaper/internet garbage gossip to fuel your irrational disappointment, you deserve that disappointment and more.

The underlying point though is correct. People are angry at the lack of new arrivals. Whether people should actually be angry that we haven't bothered to look for players rather than being pissed off at failing to close (imaginary) deals is irrelevant. The disappointment is felt by IMO the large majority of Arsenal fans.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Leaving rumour, the media, twitter and all of it one side - total summer spending in the transfer window:

£0.00

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Worse still we could have signed 2 Benders

2 benders signed by one massive arsehole. Why not, yes I think maybe.

Joker
Riley is different class.

Pretty sure we had shonky refs against us for some of the previous 49 games though.

The Riley performance can't be compared to the referee performance today. In that game Ferdinand and Neville should have been sent off and Rooney dived for the penalty. Those were 3 clear cut decisions that he got wrong that cost us the game. Today, I don't see that we can complain about the first penalty, the 2nd penalty could have gone either way (it wasn't a shocker) and given that Kos was already booked, I don't see how anyone can complain about the 2nd yellow.

Özim
Leaving rumour, the media, twitter and all of it one side - total summer spending in the transfer window:

£0.00

We deserve disappointment though, we shouldn't expect the club to spend a penny.

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:39 PM
The Riley performance can't be compared to the referee performance today. In that game Ferdinand and Neville should have been sent off and Rooney dived for the penalty. Those were 3 clear cut decisions that he got wrong that cost us the game. Today, I don't see that we can complain about the first penalty, the 2nd penalty could have gone either way (it wasn't a shocker) and given that Kos was already booked, I don't see how anyone can complain about the 2nd yellow.

It's easier to complain about the ref and blame the defeat on him than it is to blame the actual culprits.

Xhaka Can’t
17-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I've just seen the result which is the result of dicking around in the transfer market. Arsenal football club no longer has any credibility. We had no chance of making the additions we need to the team and even less now before the window shuts.

I hope Wenger makes no moves now, because anything he does now will be a waste and a millstone around the neck of this club.

Wenger, just piss off.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Nobody except Wenger is exclusively blaming the ref.

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:41 PM

Not true, there's a few people pretty much blaming the ref for our defeat, even if they acknowledge problems at the club.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Not true, there's a few people pretty much blaming the ref for our defeat, even if they acknowledge problems at the club.

I will find them and deal with them decisively.

Munchies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01fcnhv

Post match Wenger

:haha: What a idiot, 'I'm here to make people happy, if they're not happy, sorry'

Master Splinter
The underlying point though is correct. People are angry at the lack of new arrivals. Whether people should actually be angry that we haven't bothered to look for players rather than being pissed off at failing to close (imaginary) deals is irrelevant. The disappointment is felt by IMO the large majority of Arsenal fans.

They should make the underlying point the overlying one then. Paying stupid money to go to the match and putting up stupid banners strikes me as, well.......not too clever. The best way to make a point would be not to pay the organisation who you feel is abusing your money and goodwill.

That looks photoshopped anyway.

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:45 PM
He's not happy with the decisions, odd that he seems to have seen those incidents, his new glasses must be working.

What disappoints him is disappointing the people at the club (strange because he's one massive disappointment to the majority of fans these days - guess we're not the ones he's talking about though).

He can only say sorry to those people who are not happy. Thanks :coffee:

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:46 PM
I will find them and deal with them decisively.

Have you got the cotton wool to wrap them up in, it's the way we deal with stuff like this at the Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01fcnhv

Post match Wenger

:haha: What a idiot, 'I'm here to make people happy, if they're not happy, sorry'

We could have won the match today, he is convinced of that!

Barclays Almost Won Premiership

1. Arsenal Almost Won 1 Drawn 0 Actually Won 0 Points 3
2. Stoke Almost Won 1 Drawn 0 Actually Won 0 Points 3
20 Aston Villa Almost Won 0 (:haha:) Drawn 0 Actually Won 1 Points 0

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:48 PM
We could have won the match today, he is convinced of that!

Barclays Almost Won Premiership

1. Arsenal Almost Won 1 Drawn 0 Actually Won 0 Points 3
2. Stoke Almost Won 1 Drawn 0 Actually Won 0 Points 3
20 Aston Villa Almost Won 0 (:haha:) Drawn 0 Actually Won 1 Points 0

Also don't forget we're top of the bad luck table as well.

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Making up imaginary viewpoints to then try and knock that view down is something I thought you'd be familiar with given your experiences on here.

And Wenger didn't blame the ref exclusively tbf.

And now I'm Wenger's boyfriend, I think, for that comment. Can you confirm? You can attribute other things that I never said to me as well if you so wish to ensure we have the longest futile Arsenal debate ever.

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:53 PM
And now I'm Wenger's boyfriend, I think, for that comment. Can you confirm?

No, that would be unfair on GP :run:

LDG
17-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Fuming.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Making up imaginary viewpoints to then try and knock that view down is something I thought you'd be familiar with given your experiences on here.

And Wenger didn't blame the ref exclusively tbf.

And now I'm Wenger's boyfriend, I think, for that comment. Can you confirm? You can attribute other things that I never said to me as well if you so wish to ensure we have the longest futile Arsenal debate ever.

No, he said he didn't want to talk too much about it and the "spirit" of the ref was a problem. In manager speak that translates to "cheating cunt", which is true enough but he forgot to mention his own astounding incompetence.

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Fuming.

What did ollie do?

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:56 PM
In manager speak that translates to "cheating cunt", which is true enough but he forgot to mention his own astounding incompetence.

You lost me there, what do you mean? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:57 PM
You lost me there, what do you mean? :unsure:

He was on this way to the transfer market with his wallet when he realised...

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 05:58 PM
No, he said he didn't want to talk too much about it and the "spirit" of the ref was a problem. In manager speak that translates to "cheating cunt", which is true enough but he forgot to mention his own astounding incompetence.

He said this too:

Just because you get these decisions given against you it doesn't mean you should go on to lose the game. We have to focus on ourselves now.

So essentially, he called the ref a cunt but said we should have won the game even with the team we had out there.

He's saying the same as you.

But everyone's angry and I'm Wenger and GP's rent boy and there's no point getting into it now because the only thing matters is we need more playa.

Özim
17-08-2013, 06:00 PM
we need more playa.

Nah, Wenger is good at that, he was chatting up Fergie on the phone the other day and she's married and all!

RomfordPele
17-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Just to compound the misery, the Dutch skunk is destroying Swansea. Sigh.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 06:02 PM
He said this too:

So essentially, he called the ref a cunt but said we should have won the game even with the team we had out there.

But everyone's angry and I'm Wenger and GP's rent boy and there's no point getting into it now because the only thing matters is we need more playa.

I did not see it.

Edinburgh Gooner
17-08-2013, 06:12 PM
my post (amongst others) on the arsenal fb page....
as long as the likes keep on coming in from malaysia and vietnam, the club is in good health. how about we challenge for the title rather than 4th place, r we try and win a domestic trophy rather than getting beat by ower league opposition. or we look to get further than the knock out stages of the champions league. joke club with joke manager and joke board. silent stan should come out and make his intentions clear. is he in for the success or is he in it for the money? come clean you fucktards

Munchies
17-08-2013, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt-QMws526A

fakeyank
17-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Never going back to the Emirates again. This is IT! Fuck, I'll tear up my UK visa too! :ilt:

Özil's Panoramic View
17-08-2013, 06:33 PM
can never bring myself to supporting an opponent, or wishing a loss upon us, though, I yearn as much as any other proper Gooner for the nutty professor to fuck off.

Hope we'll fare much better in our next fixture by chalking up a victory.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Never going back to the Emirates again. This is IT! Fuck, I'll tear up my UK visa too! :ilt:

It's on!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2013, 06:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt-QMws526A

If this guy is in genuine shock than he's even stupider than he looks.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 06:45 PM

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2013, 07:11 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23740034

this is such a weird interview he doesn't seem really there it's like he's reeling off catchphrases rather than saying anything with any real conviction......i think he seems to think the fans are purely unhappy because we lost the game.

topgun
17-08-2013, 07:12 PM
my post (amongst others) on the arsenal fb page....
as long as the likes keep on coming in from malaysia and vietnam, the club is in good health. how about we challenge for the title rather than 4th place, r we try and win a domestic trophy rather than getting beat by ower league opposition. or we look to get further than the knock out stages of the champions league. joke club with joke manager and joke board. silent stan should come out and make his intentions clear. is he in for the success or is he in it for the money? come clean you fucktards

Its quite clear their idea of success is measured by the share price,and therein lies the problem,and I cant see it changing any time soon.:banghead:

topgun
17-08-2013, 07:19 PM
poor referee+average team+deluded manager= That pile of crap today.

milla
17-08-2013, 07:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSFEaI4HdA

Well said. :coffee:

Munchies
17-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Spot on

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2013, 07:29 PM

Pint for that man!.....some of these fans are absolute tits but this guy deserved his round of applause....

Grebbo
17-08-2013, 07:34 PM
If this guy is in genuine shock than he's even stupider than he looks.

He looks prett fucking stupid to be fair.

I can't believe anyone is shocked at today's shower of shit. Best thing I ever did was giving up my season ticket a few years ago, I certainly care a lot less now at how shit this club is.

Özim
17-08-2013, 07:35 PM

Bit over the top isn't he, loads of teams would love to get 4th place it's a major trophy.

Some people don't know when they've got it good, future of the club secure, the best youngsters in the world, the best manager in the world, one of the best stadiums in the world and some of the best football around.

FFS have some perspective!!!

milla
17-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Bit over the top isn't he, loads of teams would love to get 4th place it's a major trophy.

Some people don't know when they've got it good, future of the club secure, the best youngsters in the world, the best manager in the world, one of the best stadiums in the world and some of the best football around.

FFS have some perspective!!!

Feck off Ollie :coffee:

Özim
17-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Also hadn't realised LDG had gone grey, maybe it was the defeat that did it and made him snap.

Özim
17-08-2013, 07:38 PM
On a positive now WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuUMpuRgQmw

Özim
17-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Also free Candy when you buy an Arsenal away kit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y97rFHbYM6w

Munchies
17-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Wish I could have a share in this arsenalfan tv thing, seems like its finally taking off now.

Think you get paid per 1k views or something

Munchies
17-08-2013, 07:43 PM
On a positive now WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuUMpuRgQmw

WAT U THINK OF TTOENHAM . SHIT

WATCHU THINK OF SHIT.. TOTHENAHAMMMMM

Özim
17-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Wish I could have a share in this arsenalfan tv thing, seems like its finally taking off now.

Think you get paid per 1k views or something

They should pay you to be honest, you're always posting their videos and now they're catching on!

Munchies
17-08-2013, 07:45 PM
They should pay you to be honest, you're always posting their videos and now they're catching on!

:lol: The 5 people on GW don't really make a big difference , but yes they should wire me some monies :coffee:

Munchies
17-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Sarah Jane Mee :bow:

Game of the day SS

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 07:55 PM
:lol: The 5 people on GW don't really make a big difference , but yes they should wire me some monies :coffee:

4 people, I am also Munchies.

Xhaka Can’t
17-08-2013, 08:04 PM

Unlike the club, I'm completely embarrassed to be taking the money off you for your ticket. You fucking deserve better than that.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Unlike the club, I'm completely embarrassed to be taking the money off you for your ticket. You fucking deserve better than that.

Do the right thing. Give the money to me.

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 08:09 PM
You fucking deserve better than that.

Does he really?

Xhaka Can’t
17-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I think Villa are now the first team to win 3 league games at the Emirates.

I'm pretty sure we've won at least four.

Özim
17-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Does he really?

100% yes, he's a top guy.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 08:29 PM
100% yes, he's a top guy.

FakeYank :bow:

Harland
17-08-2013, 09:32 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/fansforum

This is hilarious, Podolski is the run away leader for the arsenal man of the match with about 60 percent of votes, Rosicky is at 19 percent or so.

Go vote for podolski!

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Just got back.

Read the whole thread. Expected most of the comments from the decent posters and the WUMming from MS.

My take on the day.

First the positives

I got the sticker album :bow:

Now the negatives

This team is a joke, the manager is a cunt and the players are shite. Not one of them had a good game. Rosicky was the best of a bad bunch. Theo was terrible. Giroud horrific. Cazorla didn't start and then we saw why. Wilshere is overrated.

Keeper was fucking shite and as for Koscielny, I hate being right :(

The referees performance was the worst I've seen and I say that even though I don't blame him for the first penalty and I haven't seen what happened for the 2nd. He gave us f all. Not to blame for the defeat, that's down to Wenger.

Özim
17-08-2013, 09:46 PM
First the positives

:lol: Brilliant!

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 09:50 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/fansforum

This is hilarious, Podolski is the run away leader for the arsenal man of the match with about 60 percent of votes, Rosicky is at 19 percent or so.

Go vote for podolski!
Speaking of Podolski, I would not be surprised if he left this month.

His body language when that cunt brought him on with 10 seconds to go seemed like he was fuming. He should have been on ages before.

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Just watched the motd highlights.

That was horrific

Özim
17-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Awful performance deserved to lose, Koscielny going in when he'd already been booked was a shocker, what a tw*t.

Chesney absolutely awful, there's pub team keepers thinking they have a chance of playing for Arsenal right now, sign a keeper FFS....1st penalty was right

2nd penalty also right, as Koscielny took his back leg out before touching the ball.

3rd goal everyone was past the half way line shocker.

All in all no complaints, key decisions proved to be correct and we lost because we are sh*t.

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 10:03 PM
The referee was terrible in that he gave us f all but having seen the 2nd penalty decision, it was right.

The first one, how long does play have to go on before playing advantage stops being an advantage? That's why I don't blame the ref.

He was shit but we were worse and that is why we lost the game

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Just got back.

Read the whole thread. Expected most of the comments from the decent posters and the WUMming from MS.

My take on the day.

First the positives

Now the negatives

This team is a joke, the manager is a cunt and the players are shite. Not one of them had a good game. Rosicky was the best of a bad bunch. Theo was terrible. Giroud horrific. Cazorla didn't start and then we saw why. Wilshere is overrated.

Keeper was fucking shite and as for Koscielny, I hate being right :(

The referees performance was the worst I've seen and I say that even though I don't blame him for the first penalty and I haven't seen what happened for the 2nd. He gave us f all. Not to blame for the defeat, that's down to Wenger.

Hmmm - that seems like a fairly accurate report. We have Ollie bashing Wenger and Cripps not WUMmig - WTF is going on?

Harland
17-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Hmmm - that seems like a fairly accurate report. We have Ollie bashing Wenger and Cripps not WUMmig - WTF is going on?

Ollie bashed Wenger? was interested to see his take on the game and the atmosphere...

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Watching the second pen again, that was a really disgraceful decision, compounded by the fact Kos gets the first yellow for a great tackle. Linesman was shit too. Even the second yellow for Kos wasn't legitimate because the ref had already decided challenges like that were fine by letting Villa away with them.

No get out of jail for Wenger who has not prepared his squad and therefore is negligent, but the ref was very, very shit nonetheless.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 10:57 PM
This Gazidis cunt needs to get the fuck out of the club, fucking parasite

Why the fuck did he go to the Indonseian tour with his wife, whilst being paid to ?

Surely he should have remained here, tying up transfers ?

Fucking idiot.

David Dein and Usmanov, come back ffs, and bring Klopp with you.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 10:59 PM

Logged into twitter, and I see piers morgan tweeted the exact as me a few hours ago (Klopp/Dein/Usmanov)

Piers :bow:

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Doubtful Kos touched the diving cunt for the second yellow. Lineker and his cronies busy apologising for that appalling ref, no surprise.

Marc Overmars
17-08-2013, 11:05 PM
No idea why I watched the highlights but I did anyway. Pretty dreadful stuff all round, much like the turgid displays we put on for most of last season where the result was a toss of a coin. Sometimes we ride out luck and scrape narrow wins, other times our luck runs out like it did today.

The ref was shit and it might have been a different result had he not wrongly awarded the 2nd penalty, but even if we won nothing would have changed how I felt about the current situation, all today did was amplify it further.

Wenger has lost the plot.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Wenger has his own plot in some parallel universe. It's a huge shame he doesn't lose it because it's dragging the club even further down. New lows ahead.

Özim
17-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Watching the second pen again, that was a really disgraceful decision, compounded by the fact Kos gets the first yellow for a great tackle. Linesman was shit too. Even the second yellow for Kos wasn't legitimate because the ref had already decided challenges like that were fine by letting Villa away with them.

No get out of jail for Wenger who has not prepared his squad and therefore is negligent, but the ref was very, very shit nonetheless.

It wasn't they showed an angle on MOTD where his 2nd leg took out Agbonlahor's other leg before he touched the ball, it was a penalty albeit a hard one to call.

2nd Challenge he was pretty late with even if he didn't catch him properly. In short Koscielny being Koscielny and letting us down when we need him the most.

We did it to ourselves and got done by a hungrier side.

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 11:25 PM
I thought the 2nd yellow was harsh. Hardly much if any contact but to not send their pubber off for the same thing smacks of ref shitness.

Penalties were right, ref remains shit

Özim
17-08-2013, 11:32 PM
2nd yellow was a bit harsh, but he'd been booked and goes in a bit reckless thus giving the ref a decision to make, stupid thing to do to be honest.

As for the yellows for Villa that's fair enough poor decision.

Xhaka Can’t
17-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Awful performance deserved to lose, Koscielny going in when he'd already been booked was a shocker, what a tw*t.

Chesney absolutely awful, there's pub team keepers thinking they have a chance of playing for Arsenal right now, sign a keeper FFS....1st penalty was right

2nd penalty also right, as Koscielny took his back leg out before touching the ball.

3rd goal everyone was past the half way line shocker.

All in all no complaints, key decisions proved to be correct and we lost because we are sh*t.

I expected this, so did you. I'm gutted though.

Özim
17-08-2013, 11:43 PM
I expected this, so did you. I'm gutted though.
I didn't expect to lose to Villa to be honest (it was at home and I thought we'd win but it would be a hard earned win), I expected us to have a tough start to the season though due to the lack of quality.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-08-2013, 12:01 AM
cl qualifier is a real worry, can we even win that?

a hot cauldron like fener stadium. these pussies cant handle heat.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 12:05 AM
cl qualifier is a real worry, can we even win that?

a hot cauldron like fener stadium. these pussies cant handle heat.

I thought we'd beat Villa. Can't believe how shit we were. I think 50/50 odds in Turkey is generous in our favour. We could very well have pushed this asset stripping past the limit and be going into the Europa cup this year.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-08-2013, 12:08 AM

spot on.

Ralpheroo72
18-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Today's outcome is no surprise. Wenger needs to go, and Gazidis needs to fuck off too.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Today's outcome is no surprise. Wenger needs to go, and Gazidis needs to fuck off too.

You mean they need to unpack their multi-million quid golden parachutes and slide off to some other million quid job somewhere else? How will they ever survive? It'll be interesting to see over the next two weeks just how much contempt they have for the fans and the image of the club. A lot I bet.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Rest of the post game fan reaction here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/arsenalfanstv/videos

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-08-2013, 12:15 AM
no DM really showed today.

agbonlahor just jogged past 3 players until chezza took him down. wide open in the middle and no cover.

disgrace.

The Emirates Gallactico
18-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Yes he's been kept fully up to date. 12K shirt sales, £3mill on the gate, wage bill down, zero spent in the window, he's a happy guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2nrc-9NXs

Gary :bow::bow:

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Arsène Wenger faced the media following his side's defeat to Aston Villa. Here is a transcript of the press conference:

on a frustrating afternoon...
It's a big disappointment to lose a game like that because we prepared well, apart from the fact that the players were away on international duty. We started the game well and then suddenly everything went against us and in the end we lost 3-1 so it is a big blow and even when we had 10 men we had chances to come back to 2-2. Not only did we lose the game but we have a few injuries and many kicks which were unbelievable on our treatment table. We have problems with some players [in terms of] recovering for Wednesday night.

on taking positives from the game...
I feel there are still a lot of positives. We had some lively moments and kept going until the end and that's what we have to focus on and forget the referee.

on the second penalty decision…
The linesman said to me that he did not give the penalty and he was at the level of the tackle. So why does the referee - who did not give the penalty straight away - suddenly give the penalty? That's what is amazing to me. I would understand if the linesman said it was a penalty but you have to live with that. Just because you get these decisions given against you it doesn't mean you should go on to lose the game. We have to focus on ourselves now.

on transfers...
We were on the market before the game and we are on the market after the game.

on who picked up injuries during the game…
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gibbs, Sagna. Gibbs has a deep cut. Sagna and Rosicky have problems. Wilshere - I don't know how he will respond after the full 90 minutes. Ramsey has a problem after a kick at his ankle. On that front, we have done quite well.

on why money hasn't been spent…
I can return your question. Could we have won the game with the players that were on the pitch today? That's for me the real question. And I say yes. After that, if we do not spend the money, it's because we do not find the players. I'm not the only one to work on that. We are a team who work on that. We are ready to buy the players if we find that the players are good enough for us. That's all we can tell you.

on if he understands the fans…
Yes, I can understand that. We want our fans to be happy. When you don't achieve that, you feel absolutely sorry and really disappointed when the fans are not happy. My job is to make the fans happy. We haven't lost the game because of that. That's what I just want to convince you of. That we are on the market, everybody knows that we are ready to buy players. Everybody knows. Until we buy players, we have to win football games and it's not an excuse not to have bought players to have lost the game.

on his future…
We live in a media world and everybody has opinions that are definite and I have to live with that. In 16 years, I've shown my loyalty to this Club. My worry is to do well. That's the only worry. As long as I'm here, I want to do well. I'm absolutely hugely disappointed because we've come out of a 10-game run in the last season without any defeat and we start the new season with a defeat at home. It's a massive blow and that's why the solution is not to sit here and say, 'Yes we'll buy and keep you happy'. What is important for us is to win football games with the players who are on the pitch and continue with what we did last year at the end of the season. When you have the ambition that we have, it's difficult to accept that you lose the first game at home.

on if it's wrong to call for signings…
I'm not here to say who is right and who is wrong. I'm here to make people happy who love this Club. When we don't do it, I feel sorry. I have to look at the solution at the start of the game. We couldn't go out at five to three and buy six players. When the game starts, you have to win the game. Could we win the game with the players we have? I say yes. That is my answer. After, we are out to buy players. People always say 'buy players, buy players, buy players'. When you tell them 'tell me who?' it becomes much more problematic.

on why it's so difficult to buy players for Arsenal…
We take our work seriously and believe me, we analyse every single player in the world. We work 24 hours a day for that. When we make decisions, we take it seriously. People try to think we do not want to spend. We want [to]. We are ready to buy players.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Wenger has survived on words for too long now. Actions or GTFO.

This guy says it's Wenger's last chance to learn a very obvious lesson and he's right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uQFp8ESdWM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-08-2013, 12:29 AM

:lol: which one of you is this that drives all the way from belgium every 2 weeks to watch this shower of shite?

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Antonio Luna, one of six new signings by Paul Lambert, scored a third to complete Villa's victory as sections of the crowd turned on Wenger by calling for him to spend some money and singing: "You don't know what you're doing."
Lambert later said: "It's never nice to hear it, you need the fans to stick with you. Mr Wenger certainly knows what he's doing."

That was to the referee.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-08-2013, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovoiHf17d8

cripps :bow:

Tipsychubbs
18-08-2013, 12:55 AM
The clamour for signings (which is justified) is also obscuring another major problem with the team.

The overall style needs to urgently change back to fast, counterrattacking football.

Possession play – passing to feet is too static, too slow and too easy to defend against. Possession play is useful at times to probe and keep the ball, but not all the time.
Giroud’s goal resulted from movement and fast passing.

They need to move the ball more quickly, and make more off the ball movements in supporting the ball carrier closely or by drifting into space, and make more forward/diagonal runs - going back to the fast, direct, counterattacking with intelligent movement style, currently used by teams such as Dortmund and the old invincibles style.

We only see this sometimes, for example in the Man City pre-season game, or when we go behind and play more urgently, or when players take risks sometimes in driving the game forward and moving intelligently off the ball.

This problem is as big as the need for transfers, and has been for a long time. Even if we buy flair players, for the most part, barring odd occasions Wenger will get the team to play into this horrible slow Barcelona-lite build up style, and we’ll be hoping for some individuals to break free of it volitionally.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 01:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW4TpY_8zU8

Me :bow:

(Except I don't agree with myself about Dein)

Harland
18-08-2013, 06:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u06qhRBWcLE&feature=youtu.be

Very emotional fan, but does speak the truth, is this what Ollie will eventually turn to?

Alpha
18-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Fans always react with their emotions after a disappointing defeat . Coming to Yesterday's game , the only mistake Wenger made was to ignore buying a defensive midfielder . He could have played his waiting games for his " quality striker" that he is supposedly looking for but a defensive midfielder was a must and was available .Luis Gustavo was there begging to come but unsurprisingly ignored for whatever reason that only Wenger and his Board reasons know . Even at 10 vs 11 , you could see that Villa was there for the taking . But with a light weight midfield and and a big hole in defense , what the poor boys could have done ?
Larss Bender is still there , Geoffrey Kondogbia is still there , We scouted Etienne Capoue In January and Spurs got him in a bargain price of 6.8 millions , Victor Wanyama was overlooked and could have been bought for just 4millions , Fellaini was begging to come . What kind of " right" players Wenger " is" looking for ? I can understand now why the Liverpool owner wondered what are they smoking at the Emirates .

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 07:36 AM

Very emotional fan, but does speak the truth, is this what Ollie will eventually turn to?

Calm it down you big haired nancy boy.....why don't you take it out on your boyfriend in the bedroom

Don't get me wrong i can understand the emotion....but crying?

You cry if a family member or a beloved pet dies not just because your club is run by a combination of a load of blue chip, blue blood octogenarians and inspector clousseau

Power n Glory
18-08-2013, 07:42 AM
He said this too:

Yep, he's not blaming the ref and he's right to say regardless of transfers, that team out there should have won the game. It shouldn't take an extra £70m to beat Villa on the opening day of the season at home. So the blame falls squarely on the managers shoulders. Bad preparation perhaps? What else can it be if he won't blame the ref or lack of summer signings?

Seaman's Ponytail
18-08-2013, 08:10 AM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/arsenal-early-play-crisis-club-tag-calamitous-opening-170740298.html

Great article and brilliant photo. It's like he read this thread and summarised it into a few paragraphs. We really are a total fuck-up. My bitterness is reaching unheralded levels

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2013, 08:13 AM

Spot on that man!
And the older guy at the end :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2013, 08:26 AM

Man, Felleini is really pissed we didn't offer him the £100k a week

Letters
18-08-2013, 08:27 AM
*sigh*.

Same old Arsenal...
Good start and really good goal and then we sit back, don't push on and concede our trademark silly goal.
Penalty all day long and Chesney was lucky not to get sent off.

2nd half we lacked that clinical striker - would van Persie have missed those two one on ones? Would he balls. We knew that of course.
We were a bit unlucky with the refereeing - he gave us nothing all day, the 2nd penalty wasn't one (no idea how the ref could have been so sure, I had to watch a few replays before I saw Kos got his foot on the ball). It was one of those days when nothing went for us (apart from when Villa smacked the post at 1-1), but it's no excuse. Signings or no that starting XI should be able to hammer Villa, it was our usual sloppiness.

In summary: I blame fakeyank, tbh.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Calm it down you big haired nancy boy.....why don't you take it out on your boyfriend in the bedroom

Don't get me wrong i can understand the emotion....but crying?

You cry if a family member or a beloved pet dies not just because your club is run by a combination of a load of blue chip, blue blood octogenarians and inspector clousseau
Some people are more attached to the game than others, maybe to him it's like a family?

Don't see the issue tbh

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2013, 08:37 AM

spot on.

:bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Some people are more attached to the game than others, maybe to him it's like a family?

Don't see the issue tbh

I find it cringeworthy watching grown men cry, especially about football.....even if a club had been relegated i think pull yourself together.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2013, 08:47 AM
I find it cringeworthy watching grown men cry, especially about football.....even if a club had been relegated i think pull yourself together.

Well yes, but everyone's different.
For all we know he had a shitty upbringing and only had football to offer him any kind of emotional support, hence by he has such a huge attachment to it an feels the need to cry right now.

Different strokes for different folks

Munchies
18-08-2013, 09:17 AM

Exactly how I feel

:haha: 'Wanted to be a postman, now playing for the Arsenal'

Marc Overmars
18-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Hopefully with any luck this season should be Wenger's last.

Munchies
18-08-2013, 09:27 AM

http://replygif.net/i/1049.gif

Gooner23
18-08-2013, 09:31 AM
That's the only positive I can see if we have another poor season.

Wenger doesn't have it in him to change, and that shouldn't be at the detriment to the club. Its just a terrible shame given all the great work he has done for the club during his tenure.

milla
18-08-2013, 09:56 AM

:lol: which one of you is this that drives all the way from belgium every 2 weeks to watch this shower of shite?

STFU plastic fan. :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
18-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Wenger has survived on words for too long now. Actions or GTFO.

This guy says it's Wenger's last chance to learn a very obvious lesson and he's right.

That guy and the hoser before him have articulated it very well. People are investing a lot of time and money coming from all over the world to support this club. And like everyone outside the board and management, they are genuinely bewildered by what is going on. These aren't hotheads on an Internet forum, these are guys with very obvious passion for the club, supporting it and going beyond what most of us do here, and they are being slapped in the face by men who have given nothing of any financial value and who have profited beyond the comprehension of most who get behind this club.

It is sickening.

Rors
18-08-2013, 10:18 AM
I want to see "Neverywhere" in the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary. Well said there, bloke who looks and sounds like The Confused Tourist in 'Trigger Happy TV'!

Press Box Gooner
18-08-2013, 10:41 AM

Never mind last season, after a summer of total mismanagement this should be his last week - whatever happens in the CL qualifier.

Özim
18-08-2013, 11:52 AM
I want to see "Neverywhere" in the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary. Well said there, bloke who looks and sounds like The Confused Tourist in 'Trigger Happy TV'!

There's neverywhere for Wenger to hide now to be honest, AT LAST!

Özim
18-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Everyone is saying what I was saying 5 years ago :lol:

I'm a pioneer!

Özim
18-08-2013, 11:56 AM

spot on.

He spot on about Arsenal and all it's cronies, feeding BS rumours around talking about how everything is great etc etc sick of all their BS, glad to see there's a lot more fans onboard now, it's disgusting how these people have been taking advantage of the fans.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Everyone is saying what I was saying 5 years ago :lol:

I'm a pioneer!

Pretty much.

Woefully wrong about certain players but spot on about Wenger.

Özim
18-08-2013, 11:59 AM

Total agree with him as well, no planning whatsoever, why the f*ck are we looking for all our signings now the season has started, total incompetence. We should have gone in signed the players and integrated them.

Love the comment about RVP and Silvestre....also agree about the factors for Wenger's success, the rise of French football and his connections in France and David Dein....since he's gone Wenger has basically been able to dictate everything, he should have nothing to do with transfers other than specifying the players he wants.

David Dein was a real Arsenal fan IMO and we've missed him, we got lumbered with cronies like PHW who basically hadn't got a clue (and didn't give a sh*t) about football.

Özim
18-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Pretty much.

Woefully wrong about certain players but spot on about Wenger.

:lol: We all make mistakes!

Özim
18-08-2013, 12:41 PM

To be fair their named after a Wolf, who wouldn't want to be a wolf?