PDA

View Full Version : Yohan Cabaye Thread

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 07:49 PM
:run:

GP
19-08-2013, 07:50 PM
http://timscogitorium.com/tinblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Oh_No_You_Didn__t-300x277.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 07:50 PM
FFS MO.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 07:51 PM
/thread

Who's next?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 07:51 PM

Big dilemma for him, no chance of winning a trophy with us or 70% percent income tax with PSG

Özim
19-08-2013, 07:57 PM

Özim
19-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Big dilemma for him, no chance of winning a trophy with us or 70% percent income tax with PSG

70% of a f*ckload is still more than he'll get from us, but it is true he has less chance of not winning a trophy with PSG.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 08:11 PM
the minimum we'd offer him i'd imagine would be 40,000 a week as the wage bill before the summer shows that we are hardly shy about splashing the cash to spend on player's wages....now no doubt he will pay his wages into an offshore Non profit fund and the club will then lend him back his wages at 10% interest so he'll end up earning 36,000....to get get that money with PSG they would have to be paying him at least 125,000 a week.

Injury Time
19-08-2013, 08:55 PM
/thread

Who's next?
This. Ban the OP and kill his family

BlindFaith_8
19-08-2013, 10:39 PM
I don't normally agree with TalksShite and Pardew, but I have to say that was so disrespectful to Newcastle, that on the eve of their league opener we submit a bid of £10 Mill. First of all the player is worth twice that, just cause they bought him for £5 Mill doesnt mean they cna only profit frrom his £5mill, he's their player and he is under contract, secondly the make a bid 24 hours before newcastle play their first league game of the season, ok they would have still probably lost but they would have had Cabaye in their first 11. I am ashamed to be an Arsenal fan right now. We make low value bids for players and expect the other clubs to accept our low bids? Sorry but this nothing more than knee jerk reaction after Saturdays humiliating defeat to the Villa. My final point is why we would we even consider a player like Cabaye when we have enough 4 foot nothing dribblers in the team., what we need is midfield general to protect the defence and a player that would have been perfect and reasonably cheap was Wanyama, but due to our incompetence and general wally behaviour in the transfer window, Wenger and the board only embarssed a club that once conlcuded its transfer business in a professional and gentleman way. As Rodgers said, Arsenal used to ooze with class but they have acted so unprofessionally with te Suarez deal and now the Cabaye bid on the eve of their opening game. They are all a bunch of Cuunts and should be thrown out the board room head first.

Rors
19-08-2013, 10:49 PM
I can see this one becoming the new Ben Arfa thread. ( Complete with January bump )

A corner of the Earth where it is forever 2009 :bow:

BlindFaith_8
19-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Any player we bid for now were not planned and is just Wenger being pushed by the board to spend a little and bring some players in, to keep the fans at bay. A club like Arsenal once used to have transfer policy of idnetfying key players to enhance the squad, usually in pre season to alow a player to bed in, however more recently just like our style of football, we have no plan b, correction if plan a fails panic and find the nearest french players and buy buy buy. Don't want Cabaye and dont want any other player as they would just be also rans to make up the numbers. Best for that french cuunt to run his contract down and fcuk off to mars and bring in Klopp and give him the money to spend. I wouldnt trust that Wanger to spend £5.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2013, 10:54 PM
I don't normally agree with TalksShite and Pardew, but I have to say that was so disrespectful to Newcastle, that on the eve of their league opener we submit a bid of £10 Mill. First of all the player is worth twice that, just cause they bought him for £5 Mill doesnt mean they cna only profit frrom his £5mill, he's their player and he is under contract, secondly the make a bid 24 hours before newcastle play their first league game of the season, ok they would have still probably lost but they would have had Cabaye in their first 11. I am ashamed to be an Arsenal fan right now. We make low value bids for players and expect the other clubs to accept our low bids? Sorry but this nothing more than knee jerk reaction after Saturdays humiliating defeat to the Villa. My final point is why we would we even consider a player like Cabaye when we have enough 4 foot nothing dribblers in the team., what we need is midfield general to protect the defence and a player that would have been perfect and reasonably cheap was Wanyama, but due to our incompetence and general wally behaviour in the transfer window, Wenger and the board only embarssed a club that once conlcuded its transfer business in a professional and gentleman way. As Rodgers said, Arsenal used to ooze with class but they have acted so unprofessionally with te Suarez deal and now the Cabaye bid on the eve of their opening game. They are all a bunch of Cuunts and should be thrown out the board room head first.
No

Pardew is talkin shit and trying to cover up his own failings after getting a spankin.

Sky said we made the bid on Sunday and its just an opening bid to lodge our interest in the player.

It's newcastles fault that cabaye knows all about it, they could have kept it quiet from him until after the game, frankly.

We are well within our rights to bid any amount at any time we want.

Pardew can go fuck himself, lets not let our frustration and anger get in the way of the facts.

edit: and Rodgers can fuckin do one too, we didn't act unprofessional or classless with the Suarez bid either. He doesn't know he meaning of the words.

Özim
19-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Sky said we made the bid on Sunday and its just an opening bid to lodge our interest in the player.

:lol: Opening joke more like!

This bid is nonsense, there's no way we would get him for anywhere near that...everyone with half a brain cell knows that, this bid is going to p*ss off Newcastle just like we p*ssed of Liverpool, the price will be even higher than it would have been now.

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 11:54 PM
When will you shitheads learn...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/transfer-news-arsenals-10m-bid-for-newcastle-star-yohan-cabaye-gazumped-as-psg-enter-race-8775287.html

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JonasTC
20-08-2013, 12:02 AM
fuck off with all the "disrespectful" talk please... Bidding for someone in the transfer window cant fucking be disrespectful and agreeing with pardew makes me think you need help from a shrink.

Newcastle could have just kept it quiet from him, but they didnt, so pardew should blame himself and the negotiations guys from his club for telling him.

Seriously this should be laughed off by everyone as the stupidiest thing ever said by a manager.

I dont know if some of you guys have ever tried bidding for something, but you always start out with a low bid, we say 10 they say 20 and so on. If we have started with 15 they would probably be saying 25. Its standard negotiating over something, so pls get real and stop bashing Arsenal and Wenger for whatever ridiculous reason you can find.

Seaman's Ponytail
20-08-2013, 12:23 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/transfer-news-arsenals-10m-bid-for-newcastle-star-yohan-cabaye-gazumped-as-psg-enter-race-8775287.html

Arsene clearly likes the player and wants him at PSG next season when he takes over there. Cunning work from the wily old fox to get PSG to land Cabaye now

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Not only do i not want him to sign Cabaye (too similar in size and stature to our other central midfielders who just arent anywhere near good enough) but i don't want us to sign anyone....i think any money spent by Wenger is a waste of money because even if he buys a decent player he will ruin that player through terrible training methods and playing them out of position.
Let that money be spent by a decent manager next summer when it will be combined with the proceeds from the Puma Kit deal (although probably might end up being less on the whole as we won't have the Champions League revenue).

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2013, 08:43 AM
I do believe proper management goes a long way even with some of the jokes we have playing for us now, i think even Ramsey (EVEN RAMSEY) could be of the standard of someone like Tom Cleverely (average not anywhere good enough for United but average) instead of the constant embarassment that he is with the right management where he isn't chipping 30 yard passes that don't work under no pressure, he isn't prevaricating on the ball for ages and eventually being dispossessed and he isn't unable to make tackles without fouling people. He could obviously never be a starter for us because he can't run....but with the proper concerted training he could get to the standard where i don't want to cut myself every time i see him on the pitch.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2013, 08:45 AM

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

How come Pardew didn't mention anything about a PSG bid then? I'm really tired of every news outlet latching on to a variation of a story when they didn't write anything about it before yesterday.

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:46 AM
fuck off with all the "disrespectful" talk please... Bidding for someone in the transfer window cant fucking be disrespectful and agreeing with pardew makes me think you need help from a shrink.

Newcastle could have just kept it quiet from him, but they didnt, so pardew should blame himself and the negotiations guys from his club for telling him.

Seriously this should be laughed off by everyone as the stupidiest thing ever said by a manager.

I dont know if some of you guys have ever tried bidding for something, but you always start out with a low bid, we say 10 they say 20 and so on. If we have started with 15 they would probably be saying 25. Its standard negotiating over something, so pls get real and stop bashing Arsenal and Wenger for whatever ridiculous reason you can find.

F*ck the disrespect thing, the bid is joke.

No you don't always start low like we do, which other clubs do you see doing this exactly? Most clubs bid closeish to the valuation or bid what they are willing to pay, it's mostly us that screws around in the transfer market and ends up signing f*ck all.

PSG have now bid 15 million (a more reasonable amount) and will probably get him, that'll teach us to mess about. As for bashing Wenger, well yes he deserves it with the way he goes around doing his business and lying, you're so pro Wenger you don't seem to be able to see anything wrong in what he or the club does.

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:48 AM
How come Pardew didn't mention anything about a PSG bid then? I'm really tired of every news outlet latching on to a variation of a story when they didn't write anything about it before yesterday.

It was 5 million more, so they're probably considering it more carefully as it's not miles away from what they probably would sell him for (might have come in later than the article was written as well), they were insulted by the 10 million bid though.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2013, 08:57 AM
It was 5 million more, so they're probably considering it more carefully as it's not miles away from what they probably would sell him for (might have come in later than the article was written as well), they were insulted by the 10 million bid though.

Or they're just making it up to try and get everything to be seen as a saga, again.

Özim
20-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Or they're just making it up to try and get everything to be seen as a saga, again.

Very possible, it wouldn't be such a saga if we didn't make it one though, if we wanted the player we should go in with a more realistic valuation to try and get the deal tied up quickly rather than alert other clubs by bidding low.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Very possible, it wouldn't be such a saga if we didn't make it one though, if we wanted the player we should go in with a more realistic valuation to try and get the deal tied up quickly rather than alert other clubs by bidding low.

Ours is realistic, or what in theory we should be paying for someone like him. However, you just know we will only make one more bid and then we won't budge. :lol:

Özim
20-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Ours is realistic, or what in theory we should be paying for someone like him. However, you just know we will only make one more bid and then we won't budge. :lol:

Not in today's market and that's what counts. We won't get him IMO, I'm not that fussed if I'm honest as he's not what I would have wanted us to sign, but we're running out of time now and we may end up with some real cr*p in the end.

Letters
20-08-2013, 09:19 AM
What are you basing your valuation on, Zimm?

Özim
20-08-2013, 09:25 AM
What are you basing your valuation on, Zimm?

The money being paid by other teams all around the market, in this scenario Newcastle don't really want to sell (and certainly won't want to so late in the window), he's one of their best players so clearly valuable to them, what does £10 million buy you in the market these days?

To replace him they'd basically have to go in and buy someone untried at this level if they sold him for £10 million, for 15-20 million they can go after more proven players however.

Chelsea paid 18 million for Schurle (9 million for Van Ginkel a guy from a small club who's not that well known), Wanyama cost 12 million from Celtic (their players go cheap), Paulinho was 17 million, Caroll was 15 million, even unknowns go for 8 million, on that basic Cabaye has got to be worth 15 or so.

However with it being so late in the transfer window the price is probably a bit higher now.

AKBapologist
20-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Can't really argue with zimm on that one tbh

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Hopeless drug addict Pardew has now upped Cabaye's valuation on the basis he;s one of the best in the world.

Alan Pardew has not given up hope of Yohan Cabaye staying at Newcastle United, if Arsenal or Paris St Germain cannot reach their £25million valuation.
The Newcastle United manager insists his club will not sell the France international unless they received the full value for a player who cost £5million from Lille two years ago and was described by Pardew as `one of the best players in the world’.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2013, 08:29 PM
£25 million. :haha:

Nayan
23-08-2013, 08:52 PM

yeah but fuck newcastle tbh

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2013, 09:13 PM
The money being paid by other teams all around the market, in this scenario Newcastle don't really want to sell (and certainly won't want to so late in the window), he's one of their best players so clearly valuable to them, what does £10 million buy you in the market these days?

To replace him they'd basically have to go in and buy someone untried at this level if they sold him for £10 million, for 15-20 million they can go after more proven players however.

Chelsea paid 18 million for Schurle (9 million for Van Ginkel a guy from a small club who's not that well known), Wanyama cost 12 million from Celtic (their players go cheap), Paulinho was 17 million, Caroll was 15 million, even unknowns go for 8 million, on that basic Cabaye has got to be worth 15 or so.

However with it being so late in the transfer window the price is probably a bit higher now.Actually......yeh I agree with this tbh.

But Pardew isnt just a cunt, he's clearly been at the crack pipe with that valuation.

GP
23-08-2013, 09:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qHXIN.gif

BOBN
27-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Players clearly a troublemaker, if youre gonna be an enigma at least be great. Do not want.

Id say he'd down tools for a move to Real in 2 years but hes not good enough for that, so i'd say he'd probably use his mobile in restricted areas plus other miscellaneous rule breaking.

Penguin
27-08-2013, 08:49 AM
If he's really refusing to play matches for newcastle he's a disgrace. If someone did that to us I would be livid. He's a professional footballer - play the fucking matches and let the clubs work out the transfer.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Just another **** of a footballer really.

However his stance probably means this move has every chance of happening.

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Again though, we don't know what's gone on behind closed doors.

I seriously doubt he would just refuse to play based on one bid by us. How do we know that Pardew wasn't a total cunt to him when he found out, or kinnear for that matter.

Honestly guys, think about it a bit first eh.

Ollie the Optimist
27-08-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm don't mind if we sign him or not. We've massively fucked off Alan pardew so that's a good thing.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Doing what he can to play for us. :bow:

Özim
27-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Don't want this guy at the club, another mercenary like Suarez. Flamini can do one as well.

Ollie the Optimist
27-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Don't want this guy at the club, another mercenary like Suarez. Flamini can do one as well.

Aren't all players mercaniaries though? Even that Bernard guy you wanted, he didn't act perfectly, kept teasing with come amd get me pleas. No player is perfect. Take who you can, deal with it

selassie
27-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Seems Cabaye is doing pretty much everything he can to force through a move. I do like him as a player, don't think he would be an essential signing but he would upgrade the team IMHO. On his day he is definitely one of the better CM's in the league...also from what I've seen of him, he's looked very tidy for France too.

Still think we need to go to around the 15mill mark for anything to happen...they are digging their heels in over this...though seem quite resigned to losing him. Saying that we can't expect to get him for 10million or whatever lowball offer we initially made.

GP
27-08-2013, 10:27 AM
We didn't expect to get him for the first offer.

Just planting a seed.

selassie
27-08-2013, 10:53 AM
We didn't expect to get him for the first offer.

Just planting a seed.

Yeah, with a view to probably upping our offer by a million once we know he wants to join us. :faint:

Penguin
27-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Again though, we don't know what's gone on behind closed doors.

I seriously doubt he would just refuse to play based on one bid by us. How do we know that Pardew wasn't a total cunt to him when he found out, or kinnear for that matter.

Honestly guys, think about it a bit first eh.
Of course we don't know the full story, but we have to use the information we have. Cabaye is one of Newcastle's key players so Pardew wouldn't have dropped him without a good reason. He must have kicked up a big fuss, and probably given Pardew an ultimatum to force that decision on him. This was the day before an important match. The way I see it, there are two possible scenarios:

Scenario 1: Cabaye asks for a transfer to Arsenal. Pardew says no, not unless Arsenal match our asking price.

Scenario 2: Cabaye asks for a transfer to Arsenal. Pardew says no way, it's too late in the window to replace you. You have three years left on your contract so we don't have to sell you if we don't want to.

If it's scenario 1 there's no excuse for Cabaye - he's a cunt. If it's scenario 2 it's more understandable but he would still be despicable for refusing to play for the club that's paying his wages. He's letting down the fans who are forking out their hard-earned cash to watch him play. He's a professional footballer at the highest level not a pub teamer, so he should honour his contract. We didn't even put in a decent offer for him.

How would you feel if Man Utd made a £10m offer for Cazorla and he refused to play for us?

Cripps_orig
27-08-2013, 01:18 PM
I'd feel exactly the same as when Barca made an offer for Cuntesc and he didn't play for us