hmm

GP
24-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Great performances all round.

Aha!

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah didn't look good.

Podolski was excellent as was Ramsey and Cazorla.

Theo scares the shit out of defenders.

Giroud looks a good back up option

Özil's Panoramic View
24-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Awesome win.

Rambo. :bow:

MoTM

Santi. :bow:

Podolski. :bow:

Theo. :bow:

Giroud. :Bow:

Arsenal . :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Didn't see the game, it was excellent!

Even better that we won.

Poldi :bow:
Giroud :bow:

Damn theo for not scoring from cathorla's assist. Would've got me some great dream team points there!

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Great performance. Fulham had a late bluster but the game was gone when Poldi remember his howitzer of a left foot. :bow:

Cazorla. :bow:
Giroud. :bow:
Ches. :bow:
Ramsey. :bow:

All get a bow tbf.

Parker. :haha:

Talentless berk.

fakeyank
24-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Great Win!! :scarf:

Anyone got tickets to the next game? :)

:run:

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Glad we got it won early.

Bench was terrible.

Podolski has to start more games

Cripps_orig
Great performance. Fulham had a late bluster but the game was gone when Poldi remember his howitzer of a left foot. :bow:

All get a bow tbf.

Talentless berk.Keown said Parker had a good game.

GP

Sure, here you go...

http://files.myopera.com/damion13/albums/9175682/Ticket%20to%20Hell.jpg

The Emirates Gallactico
24-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Great performance though disappointed in losing the clean sheet.

Still need a DM just to snuff out any danger before it materialises, Szcheny had to work a bit more than I would have liked. Sagna filled in more than adequately at CB.

Ramsey, Theo, Giroud, Carzola and Podolski amazing. I said it in the match thread but I do believe that out first XI can give anyone a good game on their day. We just need to add a few more quality additions to boost our core squad. Flamini, Bender, Di Maria and Benzema please.

milla
Good team performance against decent Fulham side. MOTM Podolski and 3 midfield players. :coffee:

GP

All get a bow tbf.

Talentless berk.

Parker :haha:

What's the point?

Cripps_orig

Yes, me :(

But we are 3-0 up already so even you can't fuck that up surely

Letters
Good result. Needed that today.
:scarf:

Marc Overmars
24-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Didn't see the game but it sounds like a #decent performance.

Sign some fucking players now plz.

fakeyank
24-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Yes, me :(

But we are 3-0 up already so even you can't fuck that up surely

I meant the Sp*rs game.. :lol:

JonasTC
24-08-2013, 01:46 PM
#Aha! x2

Still needs a quality holding mid/DM tho.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Parker :haha:

What's the point?

I am sure he will lead Fulham to a glorious relegation.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/12/article-1386529-0C079BD500000578-745_306x423.jpg

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I meant the Sp*rs game.. :lol:

Yeah got one for that as well but gave it to my cousin

Cousin :pal:

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Didn't see the game but it sounds like a #decent performance.

Sign some fucking players now plz.

After what Wenger said before the game, unlikely

milla
24-08-2013, 01:50 PM

Few tickets still available on ticket exchange :coffee:

Master Splinter
24-08-2013, 01:51 PM
One of our best performances in ages. Seriously slick, confident football until the last 15 minutes or so when the game had all but died.

Cazorla was sensational. Ramsey commanding in the centre again. Walcott dangerous every time he ran at Fulham. Podolski with two superb finishes and pressed well all game. Jenkinson was really impressive and looks like he's not afraid to get involved in attacks now. Sagna is a natural CB and the fact he's so good on the ball is a bonus. Szczesny solid again.

The defence was untroubled apart from some wild Fulham shooting and that one good piece of Berbatov play. Being away from home just suits this team and our counter-attacking was as good as we've seen for a long while. The only downside today was the wastefulness from Theo and Podolski. Should have been about 1-6.

Arsenal :bow:.

Title's coming home.

Parker :haha:.

Ollie the Optimist
what a win. calm, assured and clinical. webb and the weather werent helping either. thought ramsey would be sent off given he was booked and fulham had to hack our players with axes to just about get a a talking too from webb.

ramsey was superb, hes been brilliant in pre season and in the last two games, hes been my MOTM. giroud, podolski and cazorla were outstanding today. the rest were very good. great team performance.

now, lets confirm CL football, make those signings, and hammer the scum, and the villa game will just seem like a blip. this squad is good, lets just make it a winning squad with those signings we need

Penguin
Sanogo :bow:

signing of the season

Ollie the Optimist
24-08-2013, 01:54 PM
first london club to win 100 london derbies with that win. not only is north london red, the whole of london is red.

:scarf:

The Ogg Monster
24-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Do we really need to spend £30-40m on a striker? Giroud, Podolski and Walcott look good enough.

Keeper, Defense and Midfield more of a priority.

Great performance and result, Ramsey MOTM.

GP
24-08-2013, 01:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BScCN3WIYAAX9e7.jpg

Joker
24-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Very good performance, needed that after last week.

GP
24-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I hope we play the same midfield against Spurs. Looked boss today.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Two potentially tricky away fixtures navigated with relative ease. Always seems to have a predictable air to it when the team and its manager gets itself into a perilous situation largely of the managers making.
Today's result did not come as a big surprise to me as I think we are set up to play better away from home and the weaknesses in the squad leave us more in danger of being hit on the counter ourselves. We have for me always had a fairly good team offensively and though I think we still need a striker my main priority with purchases is someone to bridge the gap between defence and midfield when we don't have the ball....that and we are ridiculously light in numbers.
So congratulations to the team for playing its way out of a hole but to our manager the message is still the same let your chequebook see the light of day

Özil's Panoramic View
Bring the swamp dwellers on, I say.

No doubt we'll rip them one.

5-2. :scarf:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

I really hope we don't

GP
24-08-2013, 02:05 PM
I really hope we don't

Yeah but you don't know what you're talking about.

Gooner23
24-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Wenger, if you sell/loan out Podolski I will hunt you down

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2013, 02:14 PM
I hope we buy a couple of players before the spurs game

Letters
24-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Should bid £25,000,001 for Bale

GP
24-08-2013, 02:16 PM

I think he's going to Real Madrid.

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 02:17 PM

As someone once said

"I focus on the game, not transfers."

Transfers won't be happening.

Penguin
24-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Completely agree, unless we make any major midfield signings by then.

Ramsey is starting to stamp his authority in games now. Rosicky has been superb in every game so far and Cazorla is a fucking wizard! :cloud9:
Wilshere hasn't been at his best and has been outshone by Ramsey and Rosicky so far. Hopefully the competition will bring him back to his best.

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2013, 02:19 PM

That would just be disrespectful, and derisory

Özil's Panoramic View
24-08-2013, 02:20 PM

bit generous.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2013, 02:23 PM

That wouldn't even be enough for his tail.

Özil's Panoramic View
24-08-2013, 02:24 PM
That wouldn't even be enough for his tail.

ffs

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Joker
24-08-2013, 02:26 PM
The midfield has started to look fluent again, less "crab like" and more inventive, which is refreshing to see.

Letters
24-08-2013, 02:28 PM
So. In brief...

Wenger :bow:

Right?

Marc Overmars
24-08-2013, 02:29 PM
So. In brief...

Right?

Shut the fuck up.

Joker
24-08-2013, 02:31 PM
So. In brief...

Right?

The frustrating thing is that if we brought in 3-4 players this window I'd say we'd have been title challengers. There's the kernel of a good side at the moment, and it seems that some of the younger players are actually improving. If we could just supplement that with experienced, quality players we'd be a very formidable outfit. I know there's still time in the window, but it just feels a bit of wasted opportunity this window, where we could have done something to make us very competitive for the next 5 years.

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2013, 02:42 PM
So. In brief...

Right?
No.

The team :bow:

GP
24-08-2013, 02:42 PM
So. In brief...

Right?

Pretty much.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-08-2013, 02:43 PM
The frustrating thing is that if we brought in 3-4 players this window I'd say we'd have been title challengers. There's the kernel of a good side at the moment, and it seems that some of the younger players are actually improving. If we could just supplement that with experienced, quality players we'd be a very formidable outfit. I know there's still time in the window, but it just feels a bit of wasted opportunity this window, where we could have done something to make us very competitive for the next 5 years.

Spot on.

Anyone who disagrees is a retard.

Letters
24-08-2013, 02:44 PM
That's been the frustrating thing for years.
You can't argue with the record of finishing top 4 every year but why we've consistently failed to push on...who knows, but it is massively frustrating.

Letters
24-08-2013, 02:44 PM
No.

The team :bow:
Who are bought and developed by...?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 02:48 PM

To be fair with the atmosphere he has created at the Emirates he should be bowing to us in praise for not tarring and feathering him.

If he buys and starts to acknowledge that we can't go gung ho at home because of the defensive weakness in our midfield than i will be significantly less contemptuous of him and his attitude.

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 02:54 PM

Please tell me this is a WUM.

Özil's Panoramic View
24-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Please tell me this is a WUM.

Are you new here?

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Arsène Wenger spoke to the press after Arsenal recorded their first Premier League win of the season with a 3-1 success at Fulham. Read a transcript of what he said here:

on the importance of the win against Fulham...
We had a good week because we played a tough game against Fenerbache and a good game today. We played in the way we wanted to play because we created chances. At the start of the game Szczesny made a great save but after that we feel we were always in control of the game.

on whether he was concerned about the team's midweek excursions….
You never know how you respond to a game of that intensity. Maybe the positive result we got there helped us today. The mental side counterbalanced the fatigue. I was a bit worried when they got it back to 3-1 but overall we saw the game out well.

on Arsenal's style of play...
We adapted our style of play a bit today but we were very dangerous every time we won the ball back. It was impressive because we had a good mixture of patience and speed in our game and that was positive today. I changed the shape of our team today because I rested Jack. We played with four defenders and six offensive players so we had to make it tighter with numbers but of course when we had the ball we were always looking dangerous.

on Podolski...
I am pleased for him because he hasn't started much recently more because of the balance of the team than his performances. I am pleased because he plays with a lot of spirit and he can score goals. Everybody in the squad loves Lukas and I want to keep him. When a player doesn't play he is not happy and recently he did not always start but if you look at his and Giroud's goalscoring record it's very good.

on Giroud's fine form…
His second season is always better than his first one. You could see as well technically today that he was quite impressive. His physical presence up front is very important and I think he looks like he's much more confident than last year.

on if he'll rest players against Fenerbahce…
No. [We'll] just try to win it on Tuesday. For us it's important to finish the job and get the focus right. We have made a big step but it's not over the line. Now we want to finish the job because that's a big part of our season. The group stage of the Champions League is highly-important. I will not rest players on Tuesday night, certainly not.

on if results alter his transfer plans…
No. We will be a bit less under media pressure maybe but that will not change exactly. I know exactly what I want to do and that will not change.

on if Cabaye being left out of the Newcastle squad has anything to do with Arsenal…
No.

on if he's made another bid for Cabaye…
No.

on if he'll strengthen before the Fenerbahce game…
Before the Fenerbahce game? No.

on if he'll strengthen before the weekend…
Before next weekend? It's possible. Honestly, I'm not the only one that can decide that because the clubs who sell the players [are involved too]. We are on the market, you know that. I know we expect news from us. We will try to give you some but at the moment, nothing to announce.

on Ramsey growing in confidence…
I'm happy for that. During the transfer period, people are so much focused on who is coming in that they forget how good our players are. Somebody told me there was an interesting article somewhere in a newspaper. I personally didn't read it so I don't give you any guarantee but they [apparently] said "We don't bring players in. But at the other hand, the English players don't get the chance to play in the Premier League." If you look at our team today, you had Jenkinson who gets a chance, you get Walcott who has started with us, you have Ramsey, you have Wilshere, you have Gibbs - all [British] players who get a chance with us. You should give us some credit for that sometimes.

on Ramsey…
Ramsey is a young player. A year ago, he was highly under scrutiny. People had major doubts but I think he deserves huge credit for having moved forward the way he did. We deserve some as well because we continued to develop him and believe in him.

No one coming in

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Some good passing finally, especially on a tricky surface. Cazorla was the standout player, Ramsey was influential but not as good today as some are making out. Podolski is our best finisher, maybe Wenger will see that some time in the future and act on it. The defence was okay but we still have that habit of standing off the man and now even Monreal is doing it whereas when he first arrived he could defend properly. Some glimpses of Jack, he seemed quicker over the first yard. Walcott started okay and then took a holiday as the game wore on. Giroud got a goal and he took it well but he still hasn't mastered the art of being anywhere near the box when crosses come in. A good 4th place performance from an average squad with one world class player. Signings desperately needed to do anything more than that. If we are satisfied with 4th again then this performance will do.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Oh yes, Wenger's subs. Laughable. What the fuck is the guy snorting? I feel sorry for Sanogo, Wenger has killed any chance he ever had by putting so much focus on him as the only signing. This guy should be working his way into the team by appearing in Mickey Mouse cup matches, instead he's thrown on to see what he can do in a waterlogged London Derby. Wenger :doh:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 03:12 PM
No one coming in

If he's trying 24 hours a day to sign new players how can be so sure no-one will come in before the Fenerbahce game which is still three days away even with our piss poor negotiating tactics. He's like a little kid on a car journey trying to hold his bladder....if he knows he can hold on until they get home (until the transfer windows closes) he will be safe.
Every single press conference he seems to change the goal posts, because we won today and we are getting nearer the end of the transfer window he's becoming emboldened.....this is not a man who wants to sign players.

LDG
24-08-2013, 04:05 PM

If he's trying 24 hours a day to sign new players how can be so sure no-one will come in before the Fenerbahce game which is still three days away even with our piss poor negotiating tactics. He's like a little kid on a car journey trying to hold his bladder....if he knows he can hold on until they get home (until the transfer windows closes) he will be safe.
Every single press conference he seems to change the goal posts, because we won today and we are getting nearer the end of the transfer window he's becoming emboldened.....this is not a man who wants to sign players.

Ramsey made you look like a mug again though.

Not sure it was relevant to your post, but I didn't read that.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-08-2013, 04:17 PM
yes Ramsey has become insane.

this is his season.

Özim
24-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Great win, good to see Podolski getting a chance and showing he can finish

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Getting tired of this to be honest.....my opinion is that having him anywhere near the first XI puts unnecessary pressure on the back four and i've never seen any argument that counters this claim, we are playing a mid-table side away from home where we can largely play on the counter attack where his many deficiencies as a top flight footballer wouldn't endanger us.

However playing against any side with pace or good technical ability in their midfield he will be shown up time and time again and nothing he has done against two very average sides has dissuaded me....he can't run and his ball control and passing are substandard....and as far as i could see it was Cazorla who was our star player today not Ramsey.

Maybe if you could just accept the fact that i don't believe he is anywhere near good enough for us and i think the media builds him up because he has a british passport we could stop all this nonsense. If it's any consolation I don't share the sentiments of other Arsenal fans i know who don't believe he is good enough for the premier league and should be playing in the championship....i think he would probably be ok for most mid-table sides.

Don't get me wrong i'd love to be proved wrong, whether i like it or not we are not going to sign anyone so we are stuck with him and if he's not totally atrocious against the top sides which he has always been in the past (and a friendly game against Man City doesn't count) than i will give him credit but seeing as it's not going to happen because he doesn't have the ability it's not a bridge we are likely to cross.....i didn't just pick on Ramsey at random you know, i didn't just decide i am going to arbitrarily dislike a player....last season the guy made it so i couldn't stand watching my own team play.
Either way it's beside the point even if he was good enough he shouldn't be playing there because we need a defensive holding midfielder in there because of the way we are set up tactically (especially at home when we pour forward) not someone who can't run, tackle or retain possession under any kind of pressure.
Note to Arsene Wenger - the solution is not Gareth Barry the only thing he could achieve at Arsenal is being the midfielder at the club worse than Ramsey.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 04:47 PM

And to be fair just typing on a keyboard to post your opinions on this message board makes you look a mug

LDG
24-08-2013, 04:54 PM
And to be fair just typing on a keyboard to post your opinions on this message board makes you look a mug

If i was sat at a PC in my poorly lit room (like you obviously are) I'd agree.

But I'm winding you up from a pub on my phone.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 04:57 PM
If i was sat at a PC in my poorly lit room (like you obviously are) I'd agree.

But I'm winding you up from a pub on my phone.

You're in a pub and yet posting on goonersweb?

Are you in the pub alone nursing a pint and wondering why no-one ever comes to sit next to you?...i'm guessing so :-)

LDG
24-08-2013, 06:12 PM

Are you in the pub alone nursing a pint and wondering why no-one ever comes to sit next to you?...i'm guessing so :-)

Anywhere to piss you off pal.

I'm sorry we won and Ramsey played well. :console:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Anywhere to piss you off pal.

I'm sorry we won and Ramsey played well. :console:

90% of my work e-mails piss me off, people getting my surname wrong even though they get e-mails from me with my name spelt correctly pisses me off....people who use meaningless terms such as 110% pisses me off....people who genuinely believe the Harry Potter novels are well written piss me off.....you are just a name here amongst thousands....i'm sorry but give it a few days but i am going to forget we even spoke. If it helps it's nothing personal i don't know the names of some of the people i share a town house with...you'd be surprised how far "hello mate" can get you.
Unfortunately the fact that i am replying is only going to fuel your belief that you have a genius for winding people up.....but really i can see that it means a lot to you, so i am actually red faced, twitchy and agitated right now seething at your temerity in making personal remarks about me etc etc......

I'

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-08-2013, 06:38 PM
LDG v H_C_Z.

The new Cripps v GP?

Cripps v Ollie?

Cripps v Zimm?

Cripps v Ach?

:popcorn:

LDG
24-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Btw.Tought we were great today.

However. Same thing goes.

Good first eleven.

Need two worldies.

Three good squadies.

LDG
24-08-2013, 06:39 PM
90% of my work e-mails piss me off, people getting my surname wrong even though they get e-mails from me with my name spelt correctly pisses me off....people who use meaningless terms such as 110% pisses me off....people who genuinely believe the Harry Potter novels are well written piss me off.....you are just a name here amongst thousands....i'm sorry but give it a few days but i am going to forget we even spoke. If it helps it's nothing personal i don't know the names of some of the people i share a town house with...you'd be surprised how far "hello mate" can get you.
Unfortunately the fact that i am replying is only going to fuel your belief that you have a genius for winding people up.....but really i can see that it means a lot to you, so i am actually red faced, twitchy and agitated right now seething at your temerity in making personal remarks about me etc etc......

I'

Not going to spend time reading that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Oh and if it helps your perception of me any, you can imagine this was my reaction when people on here have commented how well Ramsey has played in the last couple of games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbeR6uYxU50

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Not going to spend time reading that.

Maybe if you had the reading age of older than ten you wouldn't have to spend time reading it.

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2013, 06:41 PM

Dick law :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 06:43 PM
You lost your hand, and realised your Dad was a cunt?

What did i tell you about the personal remarks?....and Dad wasn't a cunt he was just very impressionable

LDG
24-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Oh and if it helps your perception of me any, you can imagine this was my reaction when people on here have commented how well Ramsey has played in the last couple of games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbeR6uYxU50

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 06:45 PM
LDG v H_C_Z.

The new Cripps v GP?

Cripps v Ollie?

Cripps v Zimm?

Cripps v Ach?

On another note watching Liverpool play engages my enthusiasm as much as the Shipping Forecast... and that's only on for a few minutes

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 06:46 PM

did you really need to post that twice....i understood the first time what you were alluding to

LDG
24-08-2013, 06:48 PM
did you really need to post that twice....i understood the first time what you were alluding to

Yeah.

Thought it would take you a while to reply, given you only have one hand.

And your Dad's a cunt.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah.

And your Dad's a cunt.

I've got a robot hand.....comes in handy for strangling hookers....yet still this didn't "turn" me to the dark side

And Dad was only a cunt when he was played by Hayden Christensen

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Oh and that little pudding bowl hair cutted turd who used to shout "yippee!" all the time as well

Master Splinter
24-08-2013, 06:58 PM
LDG v H_C_Z.

The new Cripps v GP?

Cripps v Ollie?

Cripps v Zimm?

Cripps v Ach?

Do not forget we have also Cripps v NBN who can bore there.

fakeyank
24-08-2013, 07:00 PM

Tbf, I have very rarely sat next to him either. If I am here, I usually stand next to him reading GW posts! :scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Keown said Parker had a good game.

As a great man once said: Keown has been brainwashed.

Syn
24-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Makes a big difference when a couple of players go up a gear. Too early to say in Giroud's case, but it seems like Ramsey can only build on this. Credit to Szczesny for a couple of smart saves at the right time. Jenks looked dodgy as fuck today. Would like us to sign a good RB and give Sagna a go at CB - he has been very good in that position whenever I've seen him.

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 10:06 PM
LDG v H_C_Z.

The new Cripps v GP?

Cripps v Ollie?

Cripps v Zimm?

Cripps v Ach?

I see a common theme there

Marc Overmars
24-08-2013, 10:10 PM
H_C_Z's heel turn is a welcome change. Too many samey feuds on here so it's good to have something different.

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 10:12 PM
I can see a HCZ and Theo v NQ and Ramsey tag team match.

Maccy, make it happen.

With Ollies recent heel turn, we need a major turn for the faces.

milla
24-08-2013, 10:38 PM
LDG v H_C_Z.

The new Cripps v GP?

Cripps v Ollie?

Cripps v Zimm?

Cripps v Ach?

Cripps v Ach FTW :popcorn:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-08-2013, 12:55 AM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Yeah.

And your Dad's a cunt.

yeah but your dads a cunt :coffee:

who ended up marrying a cunt :coffee:

who gave birth to a cunt :coffee:

who support a team full of cunts :coffee:

who's speaking to another cunt on a messageboard who's had too many JD's, making them both alcoholic cunts :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2013, 05:05 AM
H_C_Z's heel turn is a welcome change. Too many samey feuds on here so it's good to have something different.

sorry my what, what now?. That would seem to suggest i've changed my mind about something....this is an occurence about as frequent as a solar eclipse.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2013, 05:07 AM
yeah but your dads a cunt :coffee:

who ended up marrying a cunt :coffee:

who gave birth to a cunt :coffee:

who support a team full of cunts :coffee:

who's speaking to another cunt on a messageboard who's had too many JD's, making them both alcoholic cunts :bow:

regular little fucking irvine welsh arent you?

Letters
25-08-2013, 07:46 AM
And people say the quality of debate on here has gone down.

dazthegooner
25-08-2013, 07:51 AM

:gp:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2013, 07:52 AM

That depends if you regard primate flinging of fecal matter as debate

fakeyank
25-08-2013, 08:08 AM

Who are these people?!

Munchies
25-08-2013, 08:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dmr-j59Fy8

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2013, 08:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dmr-j59Fy8

Oh good a heavily edited video of my favourite player!....to the untrained eye this may look like a player forever passing backwards under very little pressure, giving away needless fouls where he gives the ball away and immediatley lunges in a ham fisted effort to regain possession and just about manages to master the simplest of passes.....but to the seasoned football fan this is a genius at work!

Munchies
25-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Oh good a heavily edited video of my favourite player!....to the untrained eye this may look like a player forever passing backwards under very little pressure, giving away needless fouls where he gives the ball away and immediatley lunges in a ham fisted effort to regain possession and just about manages to master the simplest of passes.....but to the seasoned football fan this is a genius at work!

:lol:

He looked okay in this, done all the simple things right. He isn't a Fabregas who could add alot more in his passing, but for now, from the players we have to use, he's doing the job. First goal was made because of him going for goal.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2013, 08:45 AM
funny i saw in that video a player whose passing puts other players in the team under pressure because even when the direction is right the power in the passing is either over or under cooked and as i've already mentioned a player whose only reaction when his own first touch causes him to lose the ball is to dive in and give away a foul in order to remedy the situation.
The goal really was something of a fluke as he mishit the shot as he did with shots on goal all during the game but with the wet surface it rather fortuitiously found it's way through to Giroud instead of deflecting off a fulham player who did well to react quickly in the situation.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Think i might change my username to Frank Grimes

Tipsychubbs
25-08-2013, 08:53 AM
When we increase the tempo of passing and off the ball movement, this is what happens, rather than constantly relying on slow, static build up. Possession play is necessary at times, but speed and movement is what we should be doing more of :good:

Power n Glory
25-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Ramsey was terrible last season and the season before that. There is no denying it. It looks as though he may be playing with confidence now and turning a corner but time will tell. A few good games won't change a skeptics opinion. He'll have to really push on this season. The midfield on a whole will need to push on. Rosicky is a vital component to our midfield. We lose him and we lose that purposeful, forward moving passing. When he plays, we play better. The game against Liverpool where Diaby played is the only other game I can remember where we looked like the Arsenal old and that game against Reading where Cazorla had a hat-trick.

Wilshere has been awful for a while now and shouldn't be starting until he gets his form back. He's lost his awareness and keeps trying to dribble instead of playing the simple pass. He'll keep picking up knocks if he doesn't sort it out and he'll continue to cost us possession. He had some games where he was just as bad as Ramsey last season and I'm not going o cut him any slack for it. It was right he was on the bench today.

Good result today. A very nice finish from Giroud and goals from Pod but can't judge the overall performance from highlights. Damn BT Sport!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Ramsey was terrible last season and the season before that. There is no denying it. It looks as though he may be playing with confidence now and turning a corner but time will tell. A few good games won't change a skeptics opinion. He'll have to really push on this season. The midfield on a whole will need to push on. Rosicky is a vital component to our midfield. We lose him and we lose that purposeful, forward moving passing. When he plays, we play better. The game against Liverpool where Diaby played is the only other game I can remember where we looked like the Arsenal old and that game against Reading where Cazorla had a hat-trick.

Wilshere has been awful for a while now and shouldn't be starting until he gets his form back. He's lost his awareness and keeps trying to dribble instead of playing the simple pass. He'll keep picking up knocks if he doesn't sort it out and he'll continue to cost us possession. He had some games where he was just as bad as Ramsey last season and I'm not going o cut him any slack for it. It was right he was on the bench today.

Good result today. A very nice finish from Giroud and goals from Pod but can't judge the overall performance from highlights. Damn BT Sport!

I question the validity of relying on a 33 year old to give us the creative edge in central midfield....i genuinely like Rosicky and he is an excellent player to watch at times, but sometimes he can stink up the place (like against QPR, Fulham and Newcastle last season) which makes me think that we need to start playing Cazorla in central midfield on a more consistent basis (with Rosicky someone we can bring off the bench as an impact substitute) and need a defensive midfielder who can take the burden off Wilshere as he plays his way back into form....last saturday Ramsey was constantly caught far too far up the pitch leaving Wilshere too much of the pitch to cover and largely explains why Agbonlahor was able to run through us problem free....and every time we play at home this is going to be a problem.

Power n Glory
25-08-2013, 09:15 AM
I question the validity of relying on a 33 year old to give us the creative edge in central midfield....i genuinely like Rosicky and he is an excellent player to watch at times, but sometimes he can stink up the place (like against QPR, Fulham and Newcastle last season) which makes me think that we need to start playing Cazorla in central midfield on a more consistent basis (with Rosicky someone we can bring off the bench as an impact substitute) and need a defensive midfielder who can take the burden off Wilshere as he plays his way back into form....last saturday Ramsey was constantly caught far too far up the pitch leaving Wilshere too much of the pitch to cover and largely explains why Agbonlahor was able to run through us problem free....and every time we play at home this is going to be a problem.

I was just as surprised to see Ricky starting two games in a week. I hope he stays and he won't be fantastic every game but his worst performance won't ever be as bad as what we've seen from Ramsey and Wilshere. Didn't Cazorla play in the middle with Rosicky yesterday? That's the combination I won't see more often because both are technically sound. Wenger never usually plays two great central players together in the middle. He should been playing Rosicky or Nasri in the middle with Cesc instead of always playing Denilson.

Also, last weeks game, there was no DM. It wasn't clear as to who was supposed to be doing what. I thought Wilshere was supposed to be playing deeper as he did with his debut season but I'd also see him burst forward. Maybe we had a cover system but I think Wilshere is more of liability than Ramsey at the moment. Very hard to believe but it's true. Jack will end up with an injury if he keeps taking risks with his touches and dribbles.

Letters
25-08-2013, 03:03 PM
That depends if you regard primate flinging of fecal matter as debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enya7IN_8so

tbh

Seen the highlights now. Nice to see us breaking with pace, something we've done far too rarely in past seasons.
Promising.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-08-2013, 09:48 PM
happy

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2013, 10:07 PM
happy

Bare minimum satisfied.

Lucas
26-08-2013, 09:37 AM
I was back in London for this match. Enjoyed it. Three points is three points at the end of the day. Same score again for the derby game please!

Xhaka Can’t
26-08-2013, 09:48 AM
1-3? :unsure: